Speaker 1: And now move the sticks with Daniel, Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks. What's up? Everybody? Welcome to move to stacks. DJ Buck back with you, Buck. What is going on?
Speaker 2: Man? Not too much? DJ love the response to the ranking of the product. I've seen some aggregators have picked up some of the conversations that we've had. That is always fun and look just to let the listeners know like it's an opinion. It's an opinion based on what we've seen around the league and how you kind of put it. But I just think it's always interesting when we do the tabulations to begin to talk about which teams are really gonna be in the conversation to be title contenders, because we know it's formulaic, but typically if you rank, you start winning the little battles. Is gonna give your opportunity win a war at the end of it.
Speaker 1: No doubt, and we will, you know, we will knock out the head coaches on tomorrow's episode. Today we're going to tackle the secondary. We've already got the skill players on offense done. You can go back and listen to those episodes if you've missed them. So before we get to those secondary discussion, ranking these by division. Buck, I did want to tell you I've got uh, I've got one in the books. So I just started working on guys for next year. I was trying to watch them dudes over the summer, and so the first one that I watched, I felt like I had to. I did Shuder Sanders, so I got to peek at him. Our buddy dion Son, so I got a chance to watch him, and Uh, interesting, man, you can find the evaluation. I'll have a first look scot of report will be on NFL dot com here the next couple of days. I won't spoil the whole thing, but I would say a couple of things. Number One, we have we have the numbers now in terms of talking to somebodies around the league. You have all of the the spring stuff that they did. They went in there and got official measurements from a lot of these schools. In Colorado was one where they where they did that. So Schadeur was six oh one two so uh, six to one and a quarter one hundred and ninety eight pounds, And going through and watching him, I would say positive side of things. Man. He is he's a pure thrower, like just a pure natural thrower, rinding me a little bit of Stroud from the standpoint of when everything is just lined up, you know, pretty consistently, he's accurate, he can drive the ball well, he doesn't need a lot of space around him to be able to drive the football. Just a real gifted, real gifted thrower. So that's kind of the one thing I would say on the positive side, But obviously the negative he's been hit a lot, I guess literally and figuratively here because the sacks, like fifty two sacks takes a ton of sacks. They weren't good up front, man, the backs struggled in pass protection. They just get running through. So some of those it's not on him. He's he's got numbers that should match up. But then you just get your back destroyed and run over led to some of those some of those sacks. So but still holding the ball a little bit too much. And the other thing I would say is, if you're gonna say area to improve on, start with the sacks. Then I would add into that just some of the shorter air of quickness stuff. You know, he's he's he's not super sudden in terms of being able to avoid climb and snap and that doesn't mean I'm about talking about running a forty fast. I'm talking about you know, think about guys like Brady, how efficient he was in short space, Think about Drew Brees, how he can just kind of climb and maneuver and get away from pressure. I think he can. You know, it's something he can work on a little just being a little more urgent, a little more a little more demonstrative with his movement there in the pocket to get away from some of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny because I've written about him elsewhere in terms of like Shuder Sanaders QB. One is so funny because I evaluations are very very similar DJ and just watching him like he does have like what I call a very natural feel in the pocket. In terms of like playing the game in a traditional sense, like he can make wild throws, he can come through in the clutch, he can do all of those things where you talked about like a little bit of like seeing his clock up. I talked about the nonchalant stead he plays with. I feel like sometimes in the pocket he can be a little too casual and that leads to some of the hit Steady takes more urgency with then help him get the ball out of his hands. So if I don't have a great line up front, then I got to quicken my clock to protect myself, you know. And so if he can learn that in those things, and look I just said, he has to learn that, and for us as evaluators, we'll get a chance to see. First we saw him in the Pac twelve. When now we see him in the Big twelve, we'll get a better chance to really evaluate him. Because he dominated at Jackson State, he showed flashes at Colorado. If he's able to dominate in the Big twelve, then you feel better about him potentially be in the first quarterback that comes off the board. Neation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last year, I think he was sixty nine point three percent in terms of accuracy. And I'm never talking about actucy numbers because it's ball placement league. It's not an accuracy league. You look at the college numbers, those can be inflated. Honestly, Buck, I would trade sixty nine point three percent accuracy at fifty two sacks. I would trade for sixty five percent accuracy and cut those sacks by twelve to fourteen, you know what I mean, Like, just you extend some throwaways in there instead of taking so many negative plays. But again, I don't want to may sound negative because as a thrower seeing the field, delivering the ball, accurately, layering the ball, driving the ball, the different types of throws, he is gifted. So again you can find more of that evaluation. That'll be on NFL dot com here in the next couple of days. But I just wanted to kind of what you're whistling, you've already done your work on them.
Speaker 2: No, no, if the teaser, because I mean, look these there's going to be so much conversation about him. And I'll be honest, like the challenge in this is kind of like one of the first times that you're evaluating the son's a son of a friend and you're trying to be respectful of your relationship while also being truthful and honest. And so when Prime calls, you want to be able to give him the goods, the real and here's where he needs to work on. This is what it looks like in those things. But I will say he certainly has the potential to be a top ten pick. It's about cleaning the other stuff up and then the other part of it is going to be And I said this, which franchise will be okay with the antics and theatrics that come along with being Sudu or sand meaning the boldness to confidence to cockiness, however you want to phrase it, like, are you okay with that? And if if you are okay, like, can you get him to rend it in to the point of being a professional NFL quarterback? If that makes sense to that? And there's no code in language that I'm using, but really there's a way that you expect your franchise quarterback to act. And so look, he's a big brand, but can he a doll it in and be the face of the franchise that everybody will feel comfortable with.
Speaker 1: That's that's a bigger conversation. Yeah, I mean it's, uh, it's gonna interesting just because you have so many guys that have transferred in and so many guys that have transferred out. So what that's going to do is it's going to provide a lot of opportunity for scouts to, uh, hey, if you're in the quarterback market, you're gonna be able to talk to a lot of his teammates at Jackson State as well as the guys who were in Colorado last year. A whole new group of guys coming to Colorado this year. You're gonna be able to visit with a lot of folks that have been in the locker room with him, They've been in a huddle with him, and you'll get a sense of that stuff because all the other you know, where are the watches and doing all that stuff. If the teammates swear by him and sign off on him and say he's one of the dudes and and we're for him, nobody talking about that stuff they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fascinating conversation. I do love this time of the year because we talked about like we put the last class to bid and now we're beginning to look towards the new class. So conversations are always kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Yep. Well, let's get rolling here into the secondary and again remind everybody secondary in this episode. We'll come back tomorrow. We'll do a quick one on the head coaches in each division, and then we'll have the tabulations and kind of give you where we are on these divisions and how we have them shaken out. Let's start here, Buck, you are up AFC East secondaries one, two, three, four. How we going woo.
Speaker 2: Man, it's so tough. The easiest choice to me is number one.
Speaker 1: I got the Jets, yep.
Speaker 2: Then I'm gonna go with the Miami Dolphins. I have the New England Patriots, and then I have the Buffalo Bills. And that is crazy for me to say, sending the Buffalo Bill have been good for so long.
Speaker 1: In the back end, yeah, well, I mean we had Leslie Frasier on episode earlier in the week, and you know when he's referencing Tredevious White and then he's talking about Hide and Ployer and it's like, Okay, well, this is a whole new era here for this Buffalo secondary. So I'm with you. I have them four. I had the Jets one. We agree there. I just had New England two over Miami three. I thought that was a close one. But I'll tell you what. Christian go Zalez, before he got hurt last year, was playing Boston. He's like a number one. He's a pure number one corner. You look at Pepper's and Dugger as two guys that can do a lot of different things. They're versatile, they're very smart, very instinctive. So to me, those are those are key pieces there. I'm I'm hopeful we'll see my guy, Marte Mapho get a little more run this year. Last year, they you know, he played sparingly. I was a fan of his just again because of the intelligence, the instincts, the ability to play some linebacker, play, some safety, some nickel linebacker stuff. So we'll see how they incorporate him in your number two. But I really like that in New England crew, so I had it just that swap there with them in Miami. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only reason, like the thing that tipped the scales in Miami's favor for me is obviously the Jayalen Ramsey effect and Kimda Fuller, who has really got a lot of notoriety and acclaim as being one of the top slot corners. Bringing him over gives them that experience. But look, I can knock what you talk about with the New England patients because you mentioned the guys like Pepper's and Douggart, but also Marcus Jones, the NUKA corner, who is a freak show when it comes to being a returner. He's also another really good player. They have some talent in certain parts on certain parts of their roster that really make you optimistic that at some point the New England page is going to turn the corner.
Speaker 1: One of the things going through and ranking all these what I learned is there's a lot of good nickels in the league. Like when you're going through and looking at these teams, there's a lot of teams that have really good nickels. It used to be back in the day that was so hard to find those guys. Why do you think that is? Why do you think we're seeing Uh, you know, the the six sess so to speak, at that position and a lot of depth around the league.
Speaker 2: Well, I think when offensive started playing a lot of eleven personnel, it forced defense to react and really treat the nickel position like a starting position. So it wasn't only in terms of like treating that in terms of, hey man, you're a starter, but the way we evaluate the position DJ When you and I were scouting, it was a separate category on the board for nickels. But a lot of times those nickel guys were just the guys that didn't necessarily make the height requirement right, so he can be a nickel. Now I believe that people are really looking and evaluating the position as colleges are using the position because we've heard like the star position for so long in college, guys are now really evaluating the slot defendive position separately from how they're doing the quarterback position. And it's allowed us to get a better product, a better player on the interior as opposed to a guy that was a throwaway because he was a short guy who may not have had the straight line speed to some of the other guys had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good way to answer that. Let's get to the to the AFC North here, Buck. This one is challenging for the point where I could make a case four is one and one is four. But what do you got?
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go with Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati in order. Cleveland just because Jim Schwartz showed us what you can do when you have three DB's that can legitimately lock up and play man demand. They can do a Denzel Ward, Martin Emerson Junior, Greg Newsom. They are terrific in coverage when they go nose to nose and play. And then grand Dale pitt has been a guy that can get around the ball. But one Thornhill, the guy that the safety came over from Ken City a couple years ago. Just the activity that he brings in the midfield. To me, it's an experienced secondary that is really showing a lot of expertise when it comes to how they played.
Speaker 1: Manda Man, Yeah, I just look, you gotta flush the last game out of your head on that one when when Houston was a track meet against them. So that was the only that was the only thing that was that was a tough one for me, was just getting through that. But I agree with you, I love the way they play. To me, I ended up going Pittsburgh number one, which may surprise you. Uh, Cleveland two, Cincinnati three, Baltimore four, and look, and I say that, let's start at the end here with Baltimore. Nate Wiggins comes in, you know, big time pure cover corner tackling was an issue and a concern of ours. But we'll see, you know how he does in that department. They they intend to get the toughness out of people there in Baltimore. Obviously, I love the safety combo Kyle Hamilton and Marcus Williams as good as it gets. Brandon Stevens, who can do a lot of different things. Uh, you know, you got Marlin Humphrey, who was kind of the old head. They're the VET. You've got a couple of young guys there, led by TJ. Tampa. I'm excited to see how he kind of fits in there. So that's a good group. But I have him at four Pittsburgh at one is a couple of things. Number one, Minka, you know, just steady, reliable, the leadership, the production, the you know everything about him. I love. I think Joey Porter's on a rocket ship buck. I really feel I have a chance to go out and see him in training camp last year and some guys just out there practice. You watch it and you're like, Okay, had nothing to do with his dad and nothing like that. I'm like, this guy gets it. He looks like a stealer, he plays like a steeler. He's going to be really really good man. And you mentioned the Cleveland and I think Cincinnati two is a good group and they steal from Baltimore getting Geno Stone who's a really good player, and Mike Hilton speaking of Nichols that are really good, A really really good player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joey Porter Jr. I said it somewhere. I said, man, look I think he's the next coming. He's the next guy that we're going to talk about being a premier cornerback in this league. Early on in the season, DJ he got those number one duties and look, he didn't shy away from the responsibility of being the number one corner on that team. I love his length, I love his spiciness, and to me, he's a much better player as a pro then it was a prospect in college. And that is rare that you see someone at the NFL level and say, oh, man, he's a much better player than I ever envisioned him being in college. But he has that and maybe it's the uniform in those things, but he has a toughness and a grittiness to me that suits what he's being asked to do in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a theme that we've had throughout this offseason. Unintended wasn't something that we were focusing on, really kind of drilling home and making a point of Buck's he's freaking smart. Man. Like, you're starting to look at these guys that have transitioned well and have become really good players really young, and I feel like all these positions other topics we've had this off season. I feel like, man, this is kind of like the off season for us of you know, valuing the intelligence of these dudes and how that translates. And it's come from conversations with coaches, with personnel guys, as well as just our own back and forth year as we're looking at rosters.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, intelligence is one of those things that, look, you have to value it because it allows you to do so much more in the back end. And look, it's not only there, but DJ just in general. If you have a smart team, like the smart teams are the ones that always in it because they don't beat themselves. They kind of understand how to eliminate the dbos that don't be at ourselves, things like the turnovers, the blown assignments, just the stupid penalties and all that. Smart teams don't do that. They just kind of line up and they make you earn your way down the field on both sides of the ball. And so you're right, there is something about the smart player that we have suddenly shown an affinity for this offseason.
Speaker 1: Yep, no doubt. All right, let's get to the AFC South Bucket Division.
Speaker 2: You know, really well, yeah, really interesting look, man, I feel like I understand the buzz around the Houston Texans when you continue to look at these personnel groupings. I got the Texans, look, I got the Texans first, the Tennessee Titans second, the Jaguars third, and then the Indianapolis Colts fourth. And for the Texans, it's the combination of the experience, the savvy, the athleticism, and then how all of the pieces of the puzzle fit together when you watch there extingly. There extantly is as advertised years ago when he was coming out. Yeah, he's super talented, he can get his hands on the ball, he's smart, and he is surrounded by, what I say, are guys that are really, really, really good at what they're asked to do. Jimmy Ward, a leader in the back end, super smart. Jaln Petrie another guy who just kind of gets it and plays like a professional back there. You've seen Desmond King play for years, another VET who just kind of understands how to fit within the scheme. And look, Kamari last is going to have an opportunity to play and play early for them. I just think this is a very talented secondary and Demiico Runs is going to have fun, kind of mixing up some of the covers things that they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had it the same with Houston one. I had Tennessee too. I think Tennessee one interesting thing. When you look at Tennessee you can kind of see a theme here when you look at guys like obviously bringing over La Jerious and he was a really good player. But with McCreary, Elijah Moulten, Amani Hooker, Chadobia Lucy, those guys are all tough man. Those are That's a feisty, physical, tough group there in Tennessee. So I kind of like the personality that they've they've equipped that room with. So I have Tennessee too. I had the Colts three and I had your Jags four. Interesting thing on the Colts, but Juji Brents is the second round pick, is the highest pick that they have in their secondary. So we talk about, you know, our buddy Gus Bradley, and we think about coaching staff and almost, I don't want to say, you get punished for being a really good coach, but you get hey, you can make it work. We got athletes and maybe we bring in some raw guys, some mid round picks. Let's get the most out of them. They've been able to do that without dedicating a ton of resources there.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think what it is if we do that same exercise and we look at their front how many of those guys that are playing along.
Speaker 1: The front all ones?
Speaker 2: Yeah. What what they've done is they've said, like like Leslie talked about Leslie Fraser talks about, Hey, man, I've really invest in the front end in the back end because I can I can mask some of the flaws of the back end by being really dominant at the point of attack. And until you pointed it out, didn't realize that. Man, they got all on at the point of Attech pretty much like they're dealing with Quinny pay and the Forest Buckner and lay out to Lasu like there's three number ones right there. Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look o Dangbo if he doesn't have the injury come under that draft would have been one. Yes, I got him in what second round? So Yeah, they've invested resources. They're excansion to see how the different teams do it. How about the AFC West Park.
Speaker 2: So AFC West, I go to Kansas City Chiefs, the Los Angeles Charters, I have the Denver Broncos, then the Las Vegas Raiders same.
Speaker 1: That's the first time in a minute we are literally identical.
Speaker 2: And for me, the Kansity Chiefs is the luxury of being able to really develop their defensive backs that has allowed them to move on from a Lugerious Sneak lagerious sneak. Any other building, they would have overpaid to keep him because he played so well within the system, but because the Chiefs have had so much success with their young defenders, they've been able to move on and continue to do it. And we talked about it. We talked about on the podcast with Leslie Frazier. Trim mc duffy is a bona fide star and we had the conversation about smarts, instincts, intelligence and how that fits chick chick chick, chick chick to check when it comes to Trent McDuffie. And it's one of the reasons why they're able to do a bunch of different things in Steve Spagnulo's defense, because every defended that they have in the back end is a high IQ player, very instinct the player that allows you to really open up the playbook.
Speaker 1: So I may ask you this question. If we just had a dB draft, just put all the dbs in the pool, so you can take anybody you want. Is there a chance that Trent McDuffie's the first pick?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And this is why. And this doesn't have anything to do with Sauce Gardner, but with Trem McDuffie, you get a two for one. I know I got an a plus nickel player, but I also know I have someone that can really excel on the island if need be. I can't say that for any other corner up in that top elk in terms of being a plus outside and inside and knowing that, Yeah, I can talk about like we talked about Jalen Ramsey and all that, but I will say this, he's in the twilight, he's in the back nine of his career. Trim McDuffie is just getting into his prime. So that's why I would take Trim McDuffie. Like at the top of the board. When it comes to these corners.
Speaker 1: I just struggle to find out what he can't do, play inside, play outside. You mean to tell me if they had injuries, who you couldn't go back there and play safety? If you play anywhere on the defense, cover, tackle, blitz the intelligence like I don't know what the knock is there, like what he doesn't possess. And that's why I'm just like, man, it's yeah, And you talk to folks around the league, they know how good he is. So I'm with you on Casey. I had the exact same order the Chargers. I mentioned it. I think I mentioned it a little while ago. But a Sante Samuel with all the different looks they're going to give up front with Jesse Minner and if they can get home with the pressure. They have those three pass rushers off the edge with Bosa Mack and with tweet Polo two, Sante Samuel can play. He can play top down and just use his eyes. He's going to pick off a zillion balls. Now, he might give up some plays, but he is going to be like his dad and he's going to make a ton of plays on the football provided they can have that consistent pressure. So he could be one of those guys ends up in the Pro Bowl this year. Derwin James. They'll get him back on track. It looks like his confidence is is sky high. Bringing back Lowie Gilman, who's kind of like the the the control officer back there with all the communication, so some other issues, you know, corners, those other corner spots. They need some guys to step up. But that's why I had them too. And then you look at the Broncos with Sir Tannas is still you know, as good as there is at the corner position, and the Raiders. I like a couple of their pieces, Jack Jones with the plays he made last year, Nate Hobbs, feisty, tough, uh, Travan merrick Is has been a solid player. But you know, I think they're the they're the clear fourth in this group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, look, they have some really good players, but yeah, they're they're backing it up and they have the abible to do it because we saw those guys play well down the stretch for them. But in terms of just pure talent, I do think they fall behind the rest of the pack in their division.
Speaker 1: Let's say, quick break, we come back, we'll knock out the NFC all right, buck, Let's get to the NFC here, NFC East.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was actually much harder than I thought DJ when it came to ranking them, because they're talented or notable names, but I don't know if their games still match the name brand value that we hear on the surface. So I'm gonna go Cowboys, Eagles Commanders, then the New York Giants. I go with the Cowboys just because, like win in doubt, always tend to favor guys to get their hands on the ball, right and so in the back end they have two guys that specialize in getting their hands on the ball, and Doron Bland and Druman Diggs. The problem with that some would say that they're a bit of a double agent, meaning that as much as many plays as they make for the Cowboys, they surrendered to the opponent. And can you rein them in in a discipline defense that you don't want to allow the big plays because remember, Mike Zimmer is a lot different than dan Quinn. Dan Quinn is a great coach, but dan Quinn allowed those guys to kind of play to their personality. Mike Zimmer is not going to go for that. So I got them first, But I'm admit I got an asterisk back because I'm a little worried about Ron Blandon Diggs being guys that can hold it down, down, down after down without surrendering the big play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had the exact same order, So second division in a row here where we agree. But I will say this, at the end of the year, if we were to re rank these the performance of the rookies will determine the order of the of the secondaries. When you look at it with the Giants with Tyler Nuban one of the best safeties in the draft class, Drew Phillips one of the best nickels in the draft class, those guys are both going to play a lot for them. You look at the Eagles, they tried to address that secondary with two picks Quenon Mitchell in the first round. They came back traded up for Cooper de john there in the second round. So they're going to have a couple guys. And then for the Commanders, Sanders still, who's one of Red Star of the Red Stars, like leadership, all that stuff, playmaking, intelligence, toughness. He's going to man the nickel position for them out of Michigan and Washington. So I think how all those guys play, that'll shake up the order a little bit of what that looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, Like you need your young players to play and play well, and this is the league where we're seeing DJ. We mentioned it like there's so many young guys that are being counted on to play prominent roles throughout the league and the secondary that we won't know how good these teams are until we get seven, eight games in and these guys get enough experience to be able to really play at a higher level. But you're right though, like the young guys are going to determine how well these teams play down the stretch.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the NFC North.
Speaker 2: Another tough conversation, and right now, I have a Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, Chicago. Because you talk about Jaalen Johnson being able to be a stud player. I am a believer in Kevin Byron, in the system that allows him to be a sea ball get ball player, Matt Eberflus taking over kind of doing some of those things. To me, it works out. And I'll say keep an eye on Tyreek Stevenson. I kind of liked him when he was coming out. Yeah, I think he's tough, he's physical, he plays to that brand and on a team that is all about hustle and sweat equity. He is the worker bee that you prefer to have in.
Speaker 1: The back end. Yeah, I had the same one, I had the same four. I flipped two and three. I had Detroit two, I had Green Bay three Detroit. I mean, look, this is a young group in the secondary. When you talk about resources, they've put some resources in there. So they've done a nice job. They got a couple of my favorite corners in the draft. When you go to Missouri and Alabama and get two of the top corners in this draft class, that helps. So anxious to see how those rookies play. Kirby Joseph been a ball magnet early on. Brian Branch. They've got a lot of good young pieces that kind of all fit together. Carlton Davis now comes over. So they've tried to address the secondary here, both in the draft and in the veteran portion of the offseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the thing about the Detroit Lions is I will give Aaron Glynn a ton of credit in terms of shifting gears and switching his styles based on what he had. I know AG for a long time. AG wants to play man de man. They want to challenge guys. They want to make it very, very difficult for quarterbacks to fit the ball in the tight windows, but he didn't have the personnel, so they had to morph and be a little more zone centric. This offseason, they went all in on getting man de man guys. And what I loved about like the guys that they landed in the drift about Arnold and Rick Shaw and those guys, like being able to challenge. I mean, you just talk about being able to line up and kind of come after folks. I like that. I just like being able to go and get it. And I think Taron Arnold's going to be a guy who has an opportunity to really get after.
Speaker 1: A couple guys for the Packers keep an eye on in training, a couple big physical guys at the safety position with Ola Dappo from Oregon State and then Evan Williams. Both those guys to me big physical players. They took Bullard in the second round, who I thought could be a nickel or free You can use them in a lot of different spots out of Georgia. So they got three guys added to their young mix, and they're a team. When you talk about resources, you see a lot of high picks there, especially with Alexander and Stokes. Two ones Xavier McKinney coming over there. He was a one, so or actually was a two, but was the best safety in his draft class. So they've got a lot of resources invested in that back end. The Vikings, again, we kind of had a theme with them, a little bit of a lopsided roster at this point in time offense to defense. NFC Southbrook, Yeah, so NFC.
Speaker 2: South Look I had at New Orleans, Tampa, Atlanta, in Carolina, New Orleans. Really the thing that tips it is really just the experience. I can't say that all of these experienced players are playing at what we call a blue chip level, but I think their experience allows them to collectively play better than maybe the talent would suggest on paper. Anytime you have a corner like a Marshawn Latimore that can play, you have a ballhawk and Tyren Matthew who, even though he can no longer run like he once used to, he's always just kind of around the action. But to me, the guy that is the lynch fin is Alante Taylor, and I liked him coming out. I thought he was a really pure nickel when we watched him and evaluated him coming out of Tennessee. He is kind of slided into that role and with Paulson Adebo also kind of growing. I think the Sayings have the making is a really good secondary.
Speaker 1: Yep, this is a jumbled division here. I ended up having Atlanta one on the heels of the Terrell Baits combination. There. What those two guys bring to the table. I think they're excellent. So I had them one. I had the Bucks two. Again, Bucks have had some guys come and go, but they know how to evaluate this position. They've got a really good group there, the Saints three, the Panthers four, and the Panthers four. This might be one of the better parts of their team. It's not a bad secondary. They've got a lot of good pieces there. So I thought, overall division wise, that one was tough to sort out because I think they're pretty even. And again, I think the division overall's pretty even, and that's reflected there in the secondary. How about go ahead?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm with you there. And I think the thing about the Carolina look, they need a number one corner to be available all the time. If he's available to change is the way that we evaluate that unit.
Speaker 1: NFC West to round us up here.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a challenging one, but I'm gonna go back. I'm gonna go with Seattle. I'm gonna go with the San Francisco forty nine ers. Then I'm gonna go with the La Rams and the Airline Cards. And the reason the Seattle Seahawks get into the mix is Leslie Fraser was very optimistic about what they have and Reek Wooling, and I'm optimistic and not only Riek Wiland, but how about Devin Witherspoon and what he brings to the table with Julian Love and I know ray Shon Jinks. We both know Rashaan jink is personally. Look, he's a playmaker, and so you put him in a defense that is going to allow him to have some freedoms to go go get after the ball, then just go make plays. They're gonna do it his team in Seattle. Look, it's not the leason to boom, but they certainly are going to be a lockdown unit in the back end.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I had Seattle one, I had San Francisco two, I had Arizona three, and I had the Rams four. Three and four to me was really really close, and I ended up going with Arizona. A couple reasons here. I love the young guys that they have. Max Melton was one of my favorite players out of Rutgers. They got in the second round. Again, they had so many draft picks. When we go through all these position groups, they're going to rely on a lot of these rookies. But he's in the mix. You got Taylor Demerson who they got in the fourth round, who can make a lot of plays in the back end. We'll see if he can get in the mix there. Elijah Jones, Jaden Davis, a couple more rookie corners. You know, Buddha Baker feels like he's been in the league for one hundred years still. You know, it's just seventeen when he came to the league, but it feels like so much longer than that. But I like their good young pieces there. Garrett Williams of Talented Nickel at of Syracuse that they got in the third round in the previous year. So I think them and the Rams, I think the benefit of that is they've got two really good teaching staffs. They've got a lot of young players, and we'll see, you know, how they continue to grow and develop. Also, a big fan of Quentin Lake, who we got to know a little bit in the offseason and we got a chance to visit with him. I think that's a big year for him with the Rams as he kind of emerges as a good young player to go along with Camp Kitchens, who they've got in the third round. So again, very close, very close there. But I do think there's a gap between the first two Seattle San Francisco, and then I think after that you can play around with the Cardinals and the Rams in terms of who you like better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, look, the gap is there, But at the beginning, I believe this goes back to the conversation that we've had with Leslie. Whatever. If they can get this Seattle secondary to play at a high level, this is going to push them back into that conversation, not only when in the division, kind of get into mix, maybe do some damage in the postseason.
Speaker 1: No doubt. All right, well that's going to do it for us. We're going to come back tomorrow. Another episode will be a shorter episode where we will rank the head coaches and we'll have a summary of this little project that we took on here. So be on the look out for that. We'll see it next time. Right here on move the stick m