Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Staneveek along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at the stocks on the move this week. We're joined by Bloomberg News Acuties reporter Avalon pronow save us please, just like these two are crazy.
Speaker 1: It's hard to talk about stocks of the week witholex starting with Nvidia ticker and VDA.
Speaker 4: I almost forgot that this was a big week for Nvidia, Like it's just been so crazy, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's definitely plenty going on, and they're quite responsible in terms of why the broader market today was slightly down since Nvidia closed down this week six point seven percent.
Speaker 5: That's the stock's biggest weekly drop.
Speaker 1: Since November, which, if you remember, is also when they gave their third quarter earnings. And it's a fairly similar story of despite a bet and rays, investors still have a ton of question marks about how much longer can this go?
Speaker 4: I know, and everybody was like, I feel like everybody who came on was like, what an incredible quarter, right.
Speaker 3: Robert sh from a Bloomber intelligence team. He's like, this is a record setting beaten rais Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like for any company, Yeah, in terms of an earnings report. So and he follows the credit so he looks at the debt market, but he's been looking at this AI spin.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Netflix.
Speaker 5: Yes, Netflix ticker and FLX.
Speaker 1: That stock closed up twenty two percent this week for its best week since twenty twenty two. And it's kind of a funny reason for it, considering they declined to even consider the four day period to beat Paramount skuy dances offered for Warner Brothers. They decided to bow out, and Bernstein actually said that they see it as a win win win outcome for all three. They mentioned how potentially this is actually a really great opportunity for Netflix to look elsewhere to fix their engagement issues, and Benchmark agreed as well. They said that Netflix was willing to spend and potentially they're gonna be able to spend elsewhere.
Speaker 4: So we'll seek and you walk away with a two point eight billion dollar breakup feet. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Nice to have a breakup fee. In life.
Speaker 5: Well, previou things aren't working out.
Speaker 3: Things aren't working out for christ Woman two point eight billion dollars.
Speaker 5: It can happen.
Speaker 3: Look at I just love looking at the investor reaction to this, because, yeah, the stock has been under pressure since Netflix said we're going to go for this. I know in the fall, investors didn't want to see him spend this money. Investors are happy they didn't do it. And now Netflix has two point eight billion dollars more thanks to Paramount Skuy and.
Speaker 4: Paramount Skuy and Netflix both rallying in the Friday trade, but Netflix really way out performance. Let's go on over to Novo Nordisk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been another rough week, rough year, one could say for Novo Nordisk. It's eight rs closed down twenty one percent this year or this year, not this year, this week, and that's actually its steepest weekly slump sixth August, which I actually think more importantly, it's actually erased all of its gains the last Wigo V fueled jump and so to say the lease earlier this week, it's a rock chart.
Speaker 5: This week, it's a pretty rough chart.
Speaker 1: Earlier this week, Novo said that it planned to slash the US prizes for it's obesity drugs and that reignited fears about this race to the bottom. And yeah, investors aren't really happy to say the lease. They've fallen quite a bit from their peak in twenty twenty four. And I kind of liked what one analyst mentioned that Nova is now at this point reliant on its pills and Eli Lilly is potentially going to have their pills later this spring.
Speaker 4: So as our Madison Muller, who's been covering this JLP one space from the get go a few years ago, just said, you know, it's hard. Novo kind of created this space right was out of the gate. It was incredible for them, but then to see them struggle kind.
Speaker 5: Of it's just been it's been a.
Speaker 4: Very different story around them.
Speaker 5: Big story this week.
Speaker 4: Tim will not be sleeping this week. You won't be sleeping for the rest of his life because of this one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, saved block for last. That's ticker XYZ, which is kind of a fun ticker. It's surged up twenty percent this week. That's its best week since twenty twenty four after the fintech said yesterday that it plans to reduce its workforce by nearly half.
Speaker 5: In another big bet on.
Speaker 1: AI and I think it's kind of interesting that it did report a.
Speaker 5: Fairly strong fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: However, I mean, everybody's focused on this question about what's going to happen next, What does this mean for other tech companies. He've been kind of alluded to it in the shareholder letter of he doesn't expect to be the only company doing this.
Speaker 5: So who's next?
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.