Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of this show.
Speaker 3: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 3: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: There was a big interview that he gave to NBC News Kristen Welker. The big top line was about trade with Canada and Mexico. He suggested, perhaps if we're going to subsize these two countries, they should just become the fifty first and the fifty second states.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 4: You're subsidizing Canada to the tune of over one hundred billion dollars a year, with subsidizing Mexico for almost three hundred billion dollars. We shouldn't be s upset. Why are we subsidizing these countries. If we're going to subsidize them, let her become a state. We're subsidizing Mexico, and we're subsidizing Canada, and we're subsidizing many countries.
Speaker 5: All over the world.
Speaker 4: And all I want to do is I want to have a level, fast, but fair playing field.
Speaker 3: Confirm some of the reporting that apparently had told Justin Trudeau. He's like, look, if we're going to pay you this much, then you might as well become a state.
Speaker 2: Listen, soccer, you add Mexico, Canada and Puerto Rico. You got three new states. The Democrats actually have a shot at winning chance.
Speaker 3: Think about it, well, first of all, Mexico in Mexico, I don't actually know, it's a lot.
Speaker 6: And how many provinces in Canada?
Speaker 1: Man, this is a five?
Speaker 6: I'm going to guess five was what came in my mind as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've got Quebec, uh Bc, Ontario, Nova Scotia. What's Calgary? Is that a province or is that a city?
Speaker 6: Calgary's a city?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what it's I think something all right?
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry Canadian iance here, that's better than Mercan you said, British Columbia, I said, isn't new Brunswick.
Speaker 1: Isn't that its own New Brunswick? Oh shit, Newfoundland? Is that its own? Ye in the northern territories.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if that's a province or if it's like Indian territory, yeah or whatever they.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we did anyway, Yeah, we did pretty well.
Speaker 3: I would say it's decent for American political commentator.
Speaker 1: Mexico. Don't even get me started.
Speaker 3: Oh, the only reason I know Mexican States is because of drug cartels like Tijuana, Sinaloa or you know, bazap Lan or whatever.
Speaker 6: That's the only recitement of our media. That that's all we know.
Speaker 1: True. Yeah, good point.
Speaker 3: But anyways, that's what he suggested in terms of some of the trade work. Actually, arguably the most important ones that he put forward.
Speaker 6: States in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can barely name five. And they're only the ones like around the United States. Shows my own ignorance. Let's get to Trump's comments on Ukraine. Arguably this is the most important thing that came out of the interview. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 4: There are people being killed in that war at levels that nobody's ever seen before.
Speaker 5: You have to go back to the Second.
Speaker 4: World World War, and even that, if you take a look at and you know what it is, it's the soldiers, largely. The cities have been emptied out and demolished. The country has been demolished. If I won that election, which you know how I feel about it, I won't get into it because we don't need to start that argument.
Speaker 5: I think it's an easy argument.
Speaker 4: It was really proven even more conclusively by the wind that I had on this one.
Speaker 5: But as you did.
Speaker 4: Had I people, that's your opinion, but I disagree with it. Had I assumed kept control, number one, Israel wouldn't have happened. Number two Ukraine would have never happened. It would have never happened, Ukraine, Russia. But the number of people that are being killed, soldiers, young beautiful soldiers, hundreds of thousands of people are being killed, and you know, it's very interesting. It's level, totally level, the battlefields totally level.
Speaker 5: You know what's happening.
Speaker 4: The only thing that stops a bullet, you know what it is is a body, a human body, And the people that are being killed, hundreds.
Speaker 5: Of thousands on both sides.
Speaker 4: Russia's lost probably five hundred thousand, Ukraine's lost higher than they say, probably four hundred thousand. You're talking about hundreds of thousands of bodies laying all of the fields. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen, and it should have never been allowed to happen. Biden should have been able to stop it.
Speaker 3: So that was important because you couple it with a tweet that he act or a truth or whatever he put out on truth social where he called for quote in immediate ceasefire. Also, let's take this since Trump is now the president elect and he's probably getting intelligence numbers. Just so you're aware, he said four hundred thousand. Just yesterday, President Zelenski claimed that the total death toll in Ukraine was forty three thousand Ukrainian soldiers who had been killed. So yeah, literally add another zero on top of that number for what the reality is. But it does show that this is going to be very difficult because what did Jeremy say in our interview. If I'm me Ron and I just watched this, I'm accelerating my nuclear but right for preservation of the regime, that's the number one lesson North Korea took away from Libya. If you're Russia and you're looking at this, you just had a prestige hit, you know, in terms of.
Speaker 1: Your ally going down. You're embroiled in this war.
Speaker 3: We already learned from a Russian oligarch that the current quote unquote peace proposal on the table, which would mean at least from Zelenski in terms of NATO membership in exchange for recognition of some territory lost. Even of that, Olive Ark was like, no, Putin would not take that, So we're they have a mess on their hands, Like absolutely yeah, in terms of the ceasefire and all of that. Another piece of news that came out of this interview, which is really important is Trump said he has not spoken to Putin since he became the president elect, but now he's spoken with Zelenski twice. They had a phone call and they got cozy in the Lyza Palace, I'm sure by design by President Macron putting him in front and center and brokering some meeting there with Zelenski. So there are a lot of open questions about which way this goes. Remember, Mike Waltz and Keith Kellogg have both floated two separate theories of how they would force potin the negotiating table, which involves escalating the war in Ukraine. So already we have you know, look, it's easy to say I'll have it done by the time I take office. Actually getting there, it's just like the Middle East, it's going to be a tough road.
Speaker 2: Well, that was my major takeaway from his comments there is he still falls back on this while it wouldn't have happened if I was there, and it's like, okay, that was fine for the campaign. You know, people kind of bought that and what you were selling. But now you're about to be in that office and we are where we are, so what now? And you're right, the most consistent indications we've gotten from his advisors are that his plan is basically just like escalate to de escalate. I think you're right to read into the fact that he's he's always like Selensky, meeting with Zelenski multiple times, and you know, Russia maybe not in such a such a mood to negotiate given the prestige blow that they just took. So anyway, always interesting to hear what he has to say. But by and large, It's just like, we'll see what he does when he gets in there, because he says all kinds of things all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says all kinds of things all the time. Can we put a sorry D four please on the screen? This is what I was referencing. He says, they have ridiculously lost four hundred thousand soldiers many more civilians. There should be an immediate ceasefire and negotiations should begin. Too many lives are needlessly wasted, too many families destroyed.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I think the sentiment is great.
Speaker 3: It's like you said, though, it's like, well, we're your advisors speaking for you. Were they speaking on behalf of themselves? What do you actually think? What are you going to push to happen? And this will you know something I talked a lot about on the Lex Readman podcast. Was Trump believed previously under John Bolton? He said on the Joe Rogan Show. He was like, well, what I do is I hire these people who make me look more reasonable and who are scary. And it's like, okay, that's great, but you know, while you're in the Oval Office dealing with and if tax reform, immigration or any of these other things, they have a full time job where they're running the administration, and they are running and presenting options and making all of these decisions that have nothing to do with you. And if those people have an ideology that's different than you, you literally, by definition, cannot spend all of your attention focus on this. You're lucky as the American president if you get to spend twenty five percent of your time on foreign policy.
Speaker 6: Well, if that happens, he's very malleable.
Speaker 2: He's very easily flattered and manipulated. And I mean that's you know, that's not to take the blame off.
Speaker 6: Of his shoulders.
Speaker 2: That's just a reality that it matters a lot who he surrounds himself with. And I think at this point it's very likely that he would have to really pressure Zelenski into taking a deal that in no way is Lenski going to want to take in order to get Russia to consider coming to the table with spend And so is he going to be willing to apply that pressure, because what indication we're getting is that instead what he wants to do is say we're going to give Zelenski everything he wants. What was it except Gorko said to what Biden gave.
Speaker 6: Is going to be peanuts compared to what said that problem to give.
Speaker 3: Again, I have no idea like if any of this is true or not, a lot of those guys are just bullshitting on their radio shows too, if we're all being honest. Yeah, so it's like, okay, we're they talking themselves. They talk for Trump. At least One good thing is that Trump hates when other people speak for him. So it's one of those where hopefully he'll put them in his place.
Speaker 1: But we'll see.
Speaker 3: Man, it's a big question mark, and the potential for absolute catastrophic mess remains on the table. Trump was also asked about immigration policy and deportation.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 7: Four million families in America who have mixed immigration status.
Speaker 5: So I'm talking about parents.
Speaker 7: Who might be here illegally, but the kids are here legally. Your border zone jug Yeah, well, I mean there are two aspects to this, your border zaur Tom Hommet said, they can be deported together.
Speaker 6: Is that the plan?
Speaker 4: That way you keep the foot Well, I don't want to be breaking up families. So the only way you don't break up the family is you keep them together and you have to send them all.
Speaker 1: Back, even kids who are here legally, well.
Speaker 4: Well, what you going to do if they want to stay with the father. Look, we have to have rules and regulations. You can always find something out, like you know, this doesn't work, that doesn't work. I'll tell you what's going to be horrible When we take a wonderful young woman who's with a criminal and they show the woman and she could stay by the law, but they show the woman being taken out or they want her out, and your cameras are focused on her as she's crying, as she's being taken out of our country, and then the public turns against us.
Speaker 5: But we have to do our job.
Speaker 3: So that definitely shows that they're still talking a lot about what quote unquote mass deportation and all of that will look like Tom Homan has talked about that before.
Speaker 1: But the I mean, I just keep coming back to the.
Speaker 3: Reality of it, like they barely have enough resources to even deport criminals like ato. The idea that there is going to be I mean, unless they've literally unless Congress gives I don't know, ten twenty fifty billion, you know, to ee, which I don't see happening, especially with the current makeup of the Republican Senate, and you've got guys who are in swing districts or elsewhere, we are going to look out for it. So anyway, we'll see. That's how they're talking. But this is again like a big question mark to me.
Speaker 2: The comments to me were also very revealing because they really show you are too that he understood that the images that came out last time were incredibly damnae Jamming. Even he'sad the public terms against you, and so he realizes the way that these images can be extremely potent and very difficult in spite of the rhetoric that he used on the campaign. The other thing, the other thing that was noteworthy to me in this interview is he got asked about birthright citizenship, which is in the Constitution. He says he wants to end birthright citizenship using an executive order.
Speaker 6: You certainly cannot do that. Now there is some debate.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, let me give there some debates.
Speaker 2: That you could well that you could pass legislation because what is the language. It's as like subject to the jurisdiction thereof. And so there's some people who say, like, oh, well, you can legislate what exactly that means, that's a debate for the courts. Possible, but you can't do it through an executive order as far as I know.
Speaker 3: Here's the debate. It says, here's the section from the fourteenth Amendment. All persons born are naturalized in the United States, subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States of the state wherein they reside. Naturalized citizens subject are citizens thereof. So the idea is that if you're here illegally and you have a child in the United States, that because you are an illegal immigrant and you're not here under legal jurisdiction, that that would not apply. So when they say and birthright citizenship, it's specifically about people who are not legally in the United States, which look objectively, that's crazy. If you're here illegally you get to then just have a baby and your baby is a US citizen.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, sure, I should apply to Green cards or anybody else. Fine, that's totally fine. That's what the executive order would say, but it will be a huge constitutional question. I mean, there's no issue about it because as it's written, I mean, I could see it going multiple ways. Like, I think that Clarence Thomas Alito. You know, maybe in a few other but somebody like Justice Gorsey Attorney those other pe they would easily sign up.
Speaker 2: But what I've seen, though, is not that is even from conservatives who support this was not that you could do it through executive order. It was that we could pass legislation to define what it means to be subject to the jurisdiction thereof and change those parameters. Maybe I don't know that's what could go through the courts, but I think the idea that you're going to do it through an executive order is fanciful.
Speaker 1: Well, you could try.
Speaker 3: What I just said is you could try through executive order, and then you could try through judicial review and see what they what they say, So maybe they come back and they're like, well, you have to pass an Act of Congress and then you do that.
Speaker 1: But look, do I think this is going to happen? He said it last time?
Speaker 3: Okay, he said it in the famous remember the Jonathan Swan interview where Swan is like hands him the piece of paper. They were talking about birthright citizenship in that interview. I've heard him say this since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Well, it happened.
Speaker 3: We'll see in terms of the White House counsel and the lawyers and all of this, and even their ability to competently get any of this done.
Speaker 2: Like you know, the other the other piece. And this will help us transition to our monologue. Is it's true that, you know, many of the billionaires that surround him now, they're very interested in high skilled immigration. Absolutely in particular, I remember Trump said that thing about like.
Speaker 1: College, which is a lib position.
Speaker 2: And he had shifted his position on any number of things to you know, please this group which who were very important in getting him elective about to talk about Elon apparently gave a quarter billion dollars to this campaign, and given how close it was, like you know, you could easily make the case that's the reason that he's headed back to the White House. So he owes this group quite a lot.
Speaker 3: I would say that Elon and them, even David Zachs, who I love, but you know, let's be honest, David and the tech guys and all these other guys, we have a literal financial interest because a lot of their companies are started by you know, one visa types or foreign students and all that look it's great, but that's just reality. That's like five percent of the US immigration system.
Speaker 6: I mean, On himself is from South Africa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. It's his whole backstory is crazy. It was Canadian South Africa. People should go read about it. In terms of the immigration uh, I actually think that the major influence a lot of the people you're going to talk about are some of the lesser name billionaires and people who have ties like to the retail business or big agriculture. Though, that is where illegal immigration is like the greatest subsidy of all time. I mean, you know, our new ambassador to China is going to be David Perdue, who was the CEO of Dollar General and the.
Speaker 1: Senator from Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean I guess the defense is he spent a lot of time in China and he knows them well.
Speaker 6: So I spent a lot of time China.
Speaker 3: No, he spent a lot of time brokery deals for cheap bul shit for two dollars general.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other story. I mean he had to get something right.
Speaker 3: He ran as the stop to steal candidate in Georgia on God is ass kicked, So you know you have to get something when you show that level of loyalty. But I think that the pressure will come from retail and from Wall Street on immigration way more than Silicon Valley. The Silicon Valley one is going to be more about the immigration reform through legislation. Yeah, but the actual beneficiaries of illegal immigration is Tyson's Food, big agriculture, you know, meanstruction half.
Speaker 2: Of the farm markers in the country undocumented. It's extraordinarily crucial for you know, that industry, and also just for people to be able to get food at the grocery store and pay the prices they're used to paying, et cetera, et cetera. The last campaign finance reports are in and we now know exactly how much Elon Musk, the richest man on the planet, paid in order to elect his man and secure his own whole sweeping government mandate. According to federal filings, the grand total is more than a quarter of a billion dollars. Now, just think about it. Maria Maidelson was able to buy the entire US foreign policy apparatus apparently for a mere one hundred million, so you can only imagine what Musk is getting for the virtually unlimited fortune he plunked down on Donald Trump's behalf.
Speaker 6: After all, given the.
Speaker 2: Closeness of the race, one must assume this level of investment likely secured Trump the White House. What's coming into focus as we learn more details is a sort of billionaire coup, because Elon is, of course just one of a rapidly expanding cabal of billionaires who have already been given plum gigs in the incoming Trump administration, earning slots that will allow them to directly plunder the federal government for their own benefit. In addition to these official roles that these plutocrats will occupy, they are also reportedly serving as headhunters for the incoming administration, helping to staff lower level jobs with their cronies and ideological allies, so that the billionaire takeover is even more complete than it appears at surface level. We now billionaire influence, of course, nothing new in politics, without a doubt, though this is the most overt transfer of government into the hands of oligarchs in our nation's history. It is my sense that Trump, desperate to avoid prison and not having ever been all that interested in ideology or governance to begin with, was happy to sell off different parts of his ministration and is now sitting back to let this band of robber barons shape the government to suit their desires. Now, many of these unelected rulers, like the New AI and Cryptos, are David Sachs, their Musk allies and friends who share similar ideological and self interested goals. Quite a number of these goals are directly at odds with the alleged commitments of trump Ism. So where Trump claims to be a China trade hawk, Elon's vast fortune is so tied up with that of the Chinese government that his new partner of a vague once roasted him for jumping like a circus monkey for Jijinping. Where Trump courted union member support, Elon fired striking workers, something that Trump did cheer him for, and is currently fighting in court to end the body that governs work or organizing in its entirety. And crucially, whereas Trump's ascendants in the Republican Party has come from bucking austerity politics, Elon and his cadre are fans of an arco capitalist leader Javier Malay and his shock doctrine approach. Now, if you're a billionaire, of course, what's not to love about Malay? He's slashing the social spending programs that make workers less desperate for whatever abusive, poorly paid gig to corporate titans that are willing to provide them. He's privatizing core government functions, creating war opportunities for oligarchs to siphon off of public funds. And he's slashed the regulations that constrain greedy bosses from abusing workers and consumers and poisoning our air in our water. Crucially, Malays also rolled back tariffs to the explicit praise of Musk, once again polar opposite of Trump's stated program goals. Now, Trump's billionaire puppeteers seem to think they could smuggle this oligarchic agenda in through the trojan horse of culture war.
Speaker 6: That strategy was on.
Speaker 2: Prominent display recently when one of the billionaires informally advising Trump, investor Mark Andresen, took to Joe Rogan's pot cast in order to make the case for eliminating an agency, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which has consistently stood up to business abuses of consumers. This agency, which has a comparatively small budget, mind you, has returned twenty one billion dollars to ordinary Americans in just more than a decade of existence. As we covered here with Matt Stoller, and Dreson hates the CFPB precisely because the work it does protecting consumers has been inconvenient for some of scammier business investments. But instead of making the kind of unpersuasive case that he and his allies should just be able to plunder unimpeded, he instead made up a lie to play to one of the right wing culture war issues du jour and claimed that the CFPB was d banking conservatives for ideological reasons. That's not even a power the CFPB has, and on the contrary, the agency's head has pushed back on ideological debanking. Nevertheless, Andreson's lives were immediately picked up by the Doge crew of AK responded on X. The only right answer shut it down must concurred delite CFPB. If there was any pushback from the mega base, I did not see it. But if mus really wants to slash two trillion dollars from the budget or anything close to that, much more must be targeted than this agency, which, even if deleted in its entirety, comprises a grand total of zero point zero three one percent of that two trillion dollar goal. So it should be no surprise that the billionaires have set their sights on the longtime conservative fantasy of cutting social Security and medicare. Contray to Donald Trump campaign promises. Now, on Twitter, Elon Re shared a lengthy thread from libertarian Mike Lee making Paul Ryan style conservative arguments attacking the foundations of social security. Meanwhile, Vivek has argued that they could slash hundreds of millions of dollars from Medicaid, social Security, and Medicare through what he describes as quote basic program integrity measures. Republican members of Congress are rushing to back them up, and this assault on our most popular successful programs were.
Speaker 8: Bringing the Democrats in and talk about social Security, Medicaid, Medicare. There's hundreds of billions of dollars to be saved, and we know how to do it. We just have to have the stomach take those challenges on. But we can't just talk about their discretionary budget that's twenty that's less than twenty five percent of our budget. We have to have some real hard discussions.
Speaker 1: Well, we talk about this all the time.
Speaker 4: It seems like we're constantly talking about where to cut, and the fact that the fight over defense.
Speaker 7: Do you believe that the defense budget should be cut.
Speaker 5: I'm not a big fan of that.
Speaker 8: I think we could do things a lot better.
Speaker 5: But when you talk about.
Speaker 8: What's happening in Taiwan, what's happening in the Middle East, what's happening with Isra, what's happening in Ukraine, this is an unstable place and unstable time.
Speaker 5: We have to be very.
Speaker 2: Careful, So not big on those defense cuts, but very open to the social programs cuts. What's more, in Elin and Vivik's quest to bring what they describe as a chainsaw to government spending cuts, the doge doer are also threatening programs where specific funding authorizations have lapsed. That's an easy way, perhaps to cut spending without having to go through those pesky, duly elected representatives in Congress at all. Now, I know everyone's for cutting federal spending, and the abstract sounds good right from the fat All that stuff sounds good, but.
Speaker 6: The reality can be quite harsh.
Speaker 2: Among the programs that could be slashed using the vac's innovative approach are veterans healthcare, new drug development, opioid addiction treatment, housing assistance, and the head Start preschool program that gives low income kids access.
Speaker 6: To early childhood education.
Speaker 2: Trump's billionaires might not need these programs, but millions of Americans truly do depend on them. Now, there's one large and vastly unaccountable area of government that I would personally be happy to see slash, and that is the Pentagon. Now, Bernie Sanders and Rocana both signaled they would like to work to help Musk with this project if he's actually serious about it, in an attempt to effectively call his bluff. But no one should delude themselves into believing that Elon Musku is himself one of the Pentagon's largest contractors, is earnestly interested in trimming the sales of the military. Pete Heck's up too, Trump's nominee for the Defense Department. He's been portrayed as some sort of a revolutionary intending to hack away at the Pentagon. In reality, he's supported every war, including the Iraq War, up until shockingly recently. He's articulated desire to expand American militarism abroad, and frequently couches his critiques of the Pentagon in culture War terms. What's more, Trump has reportedly picked another billionaire to serve as the Pentagon's number two, a guy by the name of Stephen Finberg. Now, Feinberg has made millions with large investments in defense contractors himself. On my experience, war profiteers don't tend to be inclined towards cutting back military spending or cutting back on endless wars.
Speaker 6: I suspect this.
Speaker 2: Crew will performatively cut some meaningless DEI program then call it a day after all. Onside of like two people Thomas Massey and Ran Paul, maybe there are a couple others. The Republican Party has no interest in cutting the defense budget. Trump himself increased it every single year while he was in office the last time. John Stewart made a similar point recently when he was speaking with Bernie Sanders about finding the balance between trying to work with Trump and his billionaires when they claim to want to do something good but also not getting played.
Speaker 9: What Musk and Ramas Swanee are proposing, boy, is something I've wanted for years. I'm just not sure those are the guys that I wanted to do it, because maybe I don't trust there, you know, I feel like they're too focused on woke or retribution or something along those lines, and we'll go in there. Is it democrats inability to reform those processes that has opened the opportunity for this more nihilistic approach.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Democrats are, in many cases not all, defending a system which is broken, and people perceive that it is broken. And Trump says it is broken. Now his remedies are going to make it even worse. And I think what I feel very much hasn't been discussed all that much. If I give you an example, the post office. The mandate of the post Office is a very good mandate.
Speaker 5: It is to deliver.
Speaker 10: Mail to every house in America, no matter how rule it can be. It's a money loser, but it's the right thing to do. You can privatize the post office tomorrow, make it more efficient, and yet you will lose the beauty of what the post office is supposed to be. The challenge that we face is can you have a post office functioning in the year twenty twenty four, which is efficient, which serves the needs of its customers. I believe we can. I believe we can, and I'm fighting for that. What these other guys I suspect want to do is privatize, privatize, privatize, so it'll have even more power in the hands of the large corporate interests.
Speaker 2: Look, I genuinely get the surface level appeal of doge and even of stacking your administration with billionaires, given the American mythology that financial success is indicative a general superiority.
Speaker 6: The truth is, though, with very.
Speaker 2: Few exceptions, your interests and the interests of billionaires are diametrically opposed. They want a degrade government until it no longer has the power to impede their plunder to slash the social safety net programs that can take the edges off of our vast inequality, while fattening their own coffers with contracts and subsidies, and guaranteeing a future with limitless automation and crypto scams that funnel even more to the already rich Musk and some of his friends. They've told Americas to prepare themselves for economic hardship thanks to their austerity program, but somehow it's never Then they're rich buddies who are asked to participate in that shared sacrifice. But yes, by all means, let's ask the low income four year olds and our nation's veterans and seniors to sacrifice so that Trump's billionaires can execute a brazen smash and grab on our future. Trump has handed the keys over to the very globalist elites he once derided and sager. This really gets at there are a lot of tensions.
Speaker 3: And if you want to hear my reaction to Crystal's monologue, become a premium subscriber today at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 2: So we had one more story we wanted to add in here that broke yesterday evening and this is what I talked about before. So jay Z has been hit with a civil lawsuit alleging that he back in the early two thousands raped a thirteen year old girl.
Speaker 6: At a party.
Speaker 2: You can put this tear sheet up on the screen from NBC News at just go ahead and say up front, he denies the charges, the allegations.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: We'll read you a statement from his team here in just a second. In any case, this says the Star Wrapper. An entrepreneur's real name is Sean Carter, was accused in the lawsuit Sunday of raping a thirteen year old girl in two thousand, allegedly alongside Sean Ditty Combes. The accuser is anonymous identified only as Jane Doe. She says the assault happened after she was driven to an MTV Video Music.
Speaker 6: Awards after party.
Speaker 2: Basically, what she alleges here is that she was trying to get into this after party. Someone saw and was like, Oh, I think that your Ditty's type got her into this party again as she's at the age of thirteen. She arrives, she sees lots of drugs, including cocaine and marijuana being consumed. She has a drink, she starts feeling woozy, feels like she needs to lay down, and next thing she knows allegedly is being raped by a Ditty and jac and another female was also in the room who has as of yet been unnamed. Again, this is a civil lawsuit. The statute of limitations has expired, best to my knowledge, in New York for this woman, which is relevant to when we give you jay Z's response and put this up on the screen and I'll read this for you in its entirety. So this is from Rock Nation. My lawyer received a blackmail attempt called a demand letter from a lawyer named Tony Busby. What he had calculated was the nature of these allegations. The public scrutiny would make me want to settle. No sort had the opposite effect. It made me want to expose you for the fraud you are in a very public fashion. So no, I will not give you one bread penny. These allegations are so heinous in nature. I implore you to file a criminal complaint against statue of limitations has expired anyway, not a civil one. Whomever would commit such a crime against the minor should be locked away. Would you not agree these alleged victims would deserve real justice if that were the case. This lawyer, have done a bit of research on seems to have a pattern of these types of theatrics. I have no idea how you have come to be such a deplorable human, mister Busby, but I promise you I've seen your kind men any times over. I'm more than prepared to deal with your type. You claim to be a marine. Marines are known for their valor. You have neither honor nor dignity. My only heartbreak is for my family. And then he goes on to say, my heart and support goes out to true victims in the world who have to watch how their life story is dressed in costume for profitability by this ambulance chaser in a cheap suit, you have made a terrible error in judgment thinking all celebrities are the same. I'm not from your world. I'm a young man who made it out of the project of Brooklyn. We don't play these type of games. We have very strict codes and honor. We protect children. You seem to exploit people for personal gain, only your network of conspiracy theorists, fake physics, fake physics. Okay, well believe the idiotic claims you have levied against me that, if not for the series and surrounding harm to kids, would be laughable.
Speaker 6: I look forward to showing you just.
Speaker 1: How that's what it's got to be. It has to be fake psychics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, maybe I don't know. Anyway, I look forward to showing you just how different I am. And I believe there is a followup from the lawyer that I will pull up while you're reacting to this. Oh, I have the lawyer, Okay, he said. So this is Tony Buzzby, who jay Z was addressing there. He tweeted out regarding the jay Z case and as eversus silence my clients, Mister Carter previously denied being the one who sued me in my firm. He thought his frivolous case under a pseudonym. What he fails to say in his recent statement as my firm sent his lawyer a demand letter on behalf of an alleged victim, and that victim never demanded a penny from him. Instead, she only saw it a confidential mediation. Since I sent the letter on her behalf, Mister Carter's not only sued me, but he has tried to bully and harrass me. In this plaintiff, his conduct has had the opposite impact. She is in bold and I'm very proud of her result. As far as the allegations then complete filed, we will let the filings speak for itself and will litigate the facts in court, not in the media.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 1: That's all back and forth. You know.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, I'll I don't know anything about jay Z. I'm not a big hip hop person who's been tracking all of these allegations.
Speaker 1: Now, I do find it kind of.
Speaker 3: An insane thing, because look like if we're talking about like this is somebody who's thirteen years old. This is like a small child, right, I mean, this is like pedophilia. This isn't something like mistaking somebody's seventeen eighteen years old. I would assume that there would be other instances and that stuff like this would have come out. I mean, in terms of other the thing is about the diddy thing has been around in the ether for like thirty five years, right. Everybody knew that there was something going on that was sketchy. It just took a while to catch up. For this to be true. I mean, you'd have to believe this happened and what it didn't happen again for years, or nobody kept quiet or everybody kept quiet around it look definitely within the realm of possibility. It also, I guess in the civil sense, in terms of trying to prove it's true, that's going to be very difficult, right, in terms of recalling something that happened some twenty four years ago and being able to provide witnesses and find culpability. So anyway, my point is I have no idea any of this, but I will say, like when you hang out with sketchy people and you hang out in sketchy environments, then you definitely leave yourself vulnerable to such accusations if that's the behavior that you guys.
Speaker 1: Are all indulging in and rapping about. And I mean, you know, look not to get too but it's like, oh, we had a code and all this, like he had a code and he sold drugs, Like what you're checking people?
Speaker 3: So somebody to make a joke, Oh, he was checking IDs when he was selling drugs and making sure he wasn't selling to mothers.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, spare me your code. Bullshit in terms of what that means.
Speaker 2: So he's you know, yeah, until proven guilt, like you know, we'll see what comes out. And he deserves to be able to have his side of the story, et cetera, et cetera. I mean he was close with Ditty, so and so he was one of the big names that people have been That's part of the why this is a big story is because a lot of the chatter centered around is jay Z going to be implicated in this? Because based on the allegations which have been denied by Ditty and his team, Based on the allegations against him, this was a large criminal enterprise that Ditty was engaged in filled with a whole lot of enablers, and at the very least, it is hard to imagine that jay Z did not know quite a bit of what was going on and the sort of you know, criminal abusive behavior that was being engaged in, because the allegation suggests that it was quite systematic. So that's why a lot of people were looking in his direction when the initial allegations against Diddy began to drop. I will also just note that when jay Z met his wife Beyonce, as other people are noting online, she was sixteen. Now they started dating, she says when they were. At times she said eighteen, at other times she said nineteen. She was very young, Oh wow, and he was I want to say thirty.
Speaker 1: It's creepy.
Speaker 2: So in any case, that's putting out there on the public record. Again, he denies all the allegations, and so we'll say, you know, we'll see where this goes. But just wanted to update you on that because he is such a giant name, and because there has been a lot of speculation swirling around him. This is the first official allegation to drop against him. Now we had seen this. She's a come forward before with these details with regards to Ditty, but the other male celebrity in the room had been unnamed, so now we know the name she is giving.
Speaker 1: Us jay Z, So we'll see crazy stuff.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really is yeah?
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean even when reading it, I was shocked.
Speaker 5: I was like this.
Speaker 3: I mean, as he he's taking it seriously and he's coming out and going after this lawyer. So I mean, there are really only two options in terms of But I don't know how we're going to find the truth.
Speaker 1: That's part of what's other scary.
Speaker 3: But perhaps we also may learn even if this is not true, we may learn a little bit more about his life, right and Ditty and some of their own things that were going on in the past. Have you seen this clip of Ashton because you're going around on hot ones being unable to talk about Ditty.
Speaker 1: Parties, don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's gone very people should watch it. It's it's pretty interesting. Anyways, We'll keep everybody updated and we'll see you all tomorrow.