Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final hour.
Speaker 3: In this Thursday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show spent a lot of time talking college football, the future of the college football playoff format, what's gonna happen in Michigan, what's already happened at Michigan. We got another hour here. Rob Gronkowski will add a little levity joining us from I think Vail, Colorado. Thank he's out there skiing. Imagine Gronk on the slopes. Look out kids. Sunday night, the stakes could not be higher as Dak Prescott and the Cowboys host Justin Jefferson and the Vikings Sunday seven eastern on NBC in Peacock. So JJ McCarthy doesn't make the promo, it's Justin Jefferson against Dak Prescott. That'll be at seven eastern on NBC and Peacock. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock, download the app if you haven't done so. We say good morning to our radio affiliates over four hundred cities across America that carry this program. We will come up with a new pole question for the final hour of the program eight seven to seven three DP show operators sitting by to take your phone calls. Seaton, would you recap the pole questions from the first two hours of this program?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got up there right now. You'd love to see Philip Rivers play great or poorly? I want to know who the thirteen percent of the audience are that said poorly. Why are you rooting for him to play poorly?
Speaker 2: I'm rooting for him to play. You know. If he plays well, great.
Speaker 3: If he doesn't play well, I'm not going to be surprised, but I'm not going man.
Speaker 2: I hope he throws another pick. I hope he gets sacked. That'll teach that Grandpa.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If anything, I'm trying to put money on him first drive.
Speaker 2: All watchdown pack Joe.
Speaker 4: Now, that's that's my big bet of the year.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I have the Gambling podcast with Shan Irving, Dylan and Bad Larry coming up after the show, and I will pose that question. Can we get odds on if Philip River starts his first drive against Seattle's defense will lead to a touchdown? What would the odds be? What would the payout be for you and he would have to throw a touchdown? I'll throw them right, What if he just leads them to a touchdown. Okay, well I have him throw a touchdown pass.
Speaker 4: I feel like if he threw it, he'd get credit for.
Speaker 3: It, So okay, all right, so I'll see what the odds are. Philip Rivers hater Fritzie.
Speaker 6: Yes, once they would get eliminated from the playoff picture, especially with what happened in Week two, even though Philip Rivers had nothing to do with it, but his team did with the whole leverage thing. Then I would actually root for Philip Rivers to do well in meaningless games, but while the Cults are still in the mix fighting for playoffs.
Speaker 2: It the question is about this weekend.
Speaker 6: This week I would like for him, you know what, to personally do well, not embarrass himself, but for the Cults ultimately lose, and then I would be totally fine with that.
Speaker 2: Okay. Here's a Philip Rivers on why he came back.
Speaker 7: As simple as as can be, as a coach that I love and an organization I really enjoyed being with, you know, mister ersay believing in me in that year in twenty twenty when it didn't go so good in twenty nineteen, and they wanted me.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's been in contact with the head coach and Riley Leonard, the backup quarterback as well. He knows the offense get a chance to come in. I would prefer if he was playing at home instead of in Seattle against that Seattle defense. But you know, he's got to be one of the youngest grandpas in America though, right, he's America. He's forty four. How many grandpas are forty four? And he's got ten kids? Right, yes, something like that, something like that. Yeah, I have ten, yeah, ten for now. Yeah, it's early in the day. Yeah, who knows. You know, he's got to have a head count every morning. All right, let's sound You know there's that scene in a Sound of Music where they are all in the morning. I think they all come down and everybody, uh, you know, there's a head count there.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the sound of music? Remember that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like singing with their breakfast Von Trapp family. The hills are alive with the sound of music.
Speaker 9: Oh dear female y.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My first crush ever, first crush understandable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't understand what my crush was, but I just knew. I think I was seven or eight, and I was like, I love her, and then I saw her and Mary Poppins and I go, I really love her, yes, Paul, Julie Andrews, Yes, yeah, yeah, Julie Andrews. Yeah, still beautiful, still beautiful, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 10: I always want to know. With Phil Rivers and his wife, after nine kids are sitting around at the table going, you know what, it's getting quiet, and it's just.
Speaker 3: Not you know, we're getting close to being empty nesters. Here thirteen more years and there I could see having another one. But having been around my son's children, so my grandchildren, I don't know how my wife had the energy, even she says, I don't know how I had the energy. Now she had four kids under seven years of age. They have two under two and a half. But you're just around them and you just forget how much it's all consuming. Even when you go, man, I hope he takes a nap because I could use a nap. It never went well whenever I was watching my kids. By the way, you don't babysit your own kids. I'm with my kids and I'd be like, man, I hope the youngest takes a nap because I could really she's not going to take a nap. Be like, Ah, it's gonna be a long day. Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 11: Yeah, when he gets to that taller station and he keep calling you, oh, just call me Marvin for the loan of God. If I hear daddy one more time, just call me Marv h.
Speaker 3: And then you got to protect you gotta you know, the edges of the table proof. Oh, just everything you're like, I didn't think of that. We got to get a gate for the top of the steps. We got to get a gate for the bottom of the steps. All of these things where you're going, don't know how you know, you look back and well, that's why you have when you're young. But yeah, I gotta believe Philip Rivers. What is the average age of being a grandfather in the United States? Yes, Hunt, and the things you were referring to, that's just in the house stuff.
Speaker 5: What happens those meltdowns.
Speaker 6: At the mall or at the restaurant and all the things where they're you got to drag them and they're just totally making a total scene. At least you could hide it when they're doing something in the apartment of the house.
Speaker 10: So you have the information polling I do based off this research site. The average age in America currently of becoming a grandparent, not of grandparents' age, but the day you become a grandparent for men, right battle game. This is the average age, yes, currently for men sixty three fifty three, oh, becoming a grandparent.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so he's he's ten years head of schedule. He's fast starter, ten years ahead of schedule. Let's see David in Ohio. Hi, David, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 12: Dan?
Speaker 9: I think they should rename the Bowl.
Speaker 13: Michigan's Flying end of the Royal Family Ball because of all the scandals.
Speaker 2: So thank you, thank you, David.
Speaker 3: We don't know anything more than what's been reported from last night and even this morning, so there's nothing new. But if there is, in the next you know, fifty minutes, we'll let you know. With Michigan, whether it's Sharon Moore or their coaching search as well, or if any of their players getting in the transferred portal. Jeff in San Diego, Hi, Jeff, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Hey? Good morning?
Speaker 9: Dan and Danet's six foot one fifty eight. Hey, Dan, I'm a longtime listener. You reference this a lot. It adds a lot of flavor and interesting information to the show. But I've always been curious about what's the incentives of the sources to share this information with you. You mentioned this weekend was really busy. They were reaching out a lot of information. I was always curious about what the incentive for them is to share that information with you.
Speaker 3: Well, they're fans of the show, they're friends of the show, and they want to make sure that I have the information, the correct information. And I've been very fortunate in forty years to have accumulated a couple of sources in just about every sport, somebody that I can go to and just say set me straight. And a lot of these people aren't, you know, media savvy that they want to be, you know, you know, there's no ego where they go, hey, I come on your show. That's not who they are. They're just in their world. They want to make sure that I know what I'm talking about, because there have been times when they'll text me and say, hey, that's not right, and you know, I've made mistakes with that, but I just want to make sure that I always give you the right information, the correct information, the information that I trust instead of taking it from somebody else. Now there's a lot of great reporters, there's a lot of great information, but I can't take everybody's word on something. And sometimes I'll say, hey, can you give me set me straight on this. I want to make sure is this right? And then somebody might say yes, it is, and then I give that person credit, because I think something that we don't do in this business is give the person who does have the information credit. We tend to blame, but we don't credit, and we tend to take what somebody says and then we run, you know, with it. Like Ross Dellinger has done a wonderful job. You know, he's always got really good information. I mean, there's some really good college football reporters. But I try to find somebody in each sport that I can always go to, and sometimes it's somebody who's on the air with us.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, you know, Tony Dungey.
Speaker 3: I'll reach out to Tony and he may not come on the show, but I can say, hey, help me understand this, and then he can give me that information, you know, Steve Sands from Golf Channel or rich Lerner, like you just want to have somebody that you can go to and say, can I get some information here? And it's not having them on as a guest, but everything has to be let's get it right. And if I can get it right, and I have people who watch the show, listen to the show, been friends of the show. That's a great resource that I have that very few others in this business do have. But thank you for the phone call here, Zach and Knoxville. Good to have you back, Zach. What's on your mind?
Speaker 14: ADP, thanks for checking I call. I just wanted to get your opinion on if you think John Gruden would be won a good fit or to a legitimate candidate for the Michigan Droub.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I don't know that, and I know that he works for Barstool and Dave Portnoy, who runs Barstool, as friends with John big Michigan booster, and I'm sure that he would be pushing for John if that's something that John wanted.
Speaker 2: But it feels like John wants to get back to the NFL.
Speaker 3: I think he would love to go back to the NFL just to say the NFL did me wrong. I want to go back and I'm going to be coaching. I'm going to be coaching a team. I don't know if somebody gives him that opportunity, But he's got a pretty good gig at Barstool. I'm guessing you don't have to work too many days and you still get to have a high profile there. I don't know what happens with I think after the lawsuit is settled with the NFL, and if he wins that lawsuit, then maybe you're going to get somebody who's going to give him an opportunity. I mean, you still have some damaging language in those emails that surfaced, you know, whether that should have been brought to light, you know, and then you have the lawsuit against the NFL. But maybe John I mean, he was a Notre Dame ball boy growing up. But I don't know what his ties to Michigan. We keep going, hey, you gotta have a tie to Michigan, Brady Hokat a tie to Michigan.
Speaker 2: Not good? Yeah, bully, Yeah.
Speaker 10: John Gruden only coached college football right out of college. He was a graduate assistant. He has very little college football coaching experience. Also, I don't know if Michigan wants to bring in another person who has baggage on the way in. This is one of those hires where it's like, let's go squeaky clean. And also John Gruden the last time he coached was twenty one. Yeah, he would have to go from his barstool schedule, which is light to the day. He starts at Michigan as a twenty dour day job for the next six months.
Speaker 3: According to the prosecutor's office telling ESPN, no decision on charging Sharon Morris expected today.
Speaker 2: The Michigan coach remains in custody.
Speaker 3: Do we have a poll question for the final hour there aside from are you rooting for Philip Rivers Seaton?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right now we just have the Philip Rivers up there, but we can add another.
Speaker 3: Let me see Austin in Louisiana. Hi, Austin, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 15: What wd?
Speaker 2: Hey man?
Speaker 15: Thanks calling me, Thanks calling me back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Hey, that was a great appearance by Wetsoel there he's always he's always really good. Quick quick comment. The question for you, you know, the big winner in all this, Dan, is college football. I feel like we've been talking college football on the A block in every show, not just yours, for months now back to the James Franklin firing, which feels like a year ago, to meaningless weekly ranking shows, to firings. Now there's a huge scandal and a top three job college football. Man, it's the uh, the drama that never ends. My question to you, Dan is you've been really consistent on saying that Alabama should have dropped for their game against Georgia. And my question is where should they have dropped in because eleven and twelve we locked this season with the chief Apps spots and they could have only dropped to ten. So are you saying that Alabama and Miami should have switched or that Bama should have been out for Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that the fact they played in the SEC title game, I can give credit to Alabama.
Speaker 2: They didn't play well. I don't think this was a great This is a great Alabama team.
Speaker 3: And you know, I'm giving you the history of the conference championship game. So twenty two conference champions who were in the game and lost. Okay, the loser of the conference championship game the last twenty two. Twenty of the twenty two dropped in the rankings. So TCU a couple of years ago in Alabama, so history says they should have dropped.
Speaker 2: I didn't think they were a great team. Yes, they got to.
Speaker 3: The SEC title game, but then you could also make the case, hey, Miami didn't even play in the.
Speaker 2: SEC title game. You know, as much as.
Speaker 3: We want to talk about Miami and their resume in that conference, that's not any good. And you can't even get to the conference title game. So look, we've exhausted this with Notre Dame. I think if you have Miami in front of them, they should have been in front of them for the last month because nothing changed and then when it changes up.
Speaker 2: That's the problem that I have with this. I didn't think.
Speaker 3: Alabama had a good showing in the SEC title game. Yes they got there, but but they end up three losses, and I don't they don't pass the eye test. I think they showed glimpses, but you know, go back to the loss of Florida State. I don't know how good they are.
Speaker 11: Yes, Marvin, how many teams in this tournament do you think have a real shot to win the national title?
Speaker 2: I'd say four.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 2: You know, here's another thing.
Speaker 3: If we played on a neutral site and this according to Vegas, how many teams would Notre Dame be favored over. They'd be favored over Alabama, They'd be favored over Miami, They'd be favored over Texas Tech. I mean pretty much everybody except for Ohio State. I don't think they would be favored over Oregon. I don't think I don't think they'd be favored over Indiana, Texas, A, and m in a rematch on a neutral site, that would be close. So if I'm just going by Vegas, then Notre Dame is one of the top five teams in the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paulin.
Speaker 10: Even though Alabama did not have a great showing in the SEC title game, Vegas still likes them in the playoffs number nine Alabama at Oklahoma at Oklahoma. Alabama right now is a one and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: And they've already faced each other.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so they still like Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, but ask Vegas how many teams would Notre Dame be favored over. I could check that, yeah, and that'll give you an idea of, you know, just how good this team is. They don't care about anybody, you know, there's nothing personal with this. They're trying to set the betting line. Of making money, and they would have Notre Dame favored over most of those schools, most of them. All Right, Well, take a break, Rob Gronkowski will stop. Buy more of your phone calls as well. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio. If that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowe, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to Rob Gronkowski coming up in a moment here and in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Joins us now high end.
Speaker 16: Hi Dan five to three second time caller, longtime listener one twenty five. I was just calling to say I appreciate the Julie Andrews' references also, and I agree with Fritzy too on the Philip Rivers. So we'll see how he does. But and I love you and I tried to call yesterday. But you're doing a great job. Thank you for making my day every day.
Speaker 2: So thank you, Ann, you know, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Julie Andrews was my first crush went down hard.
Speaker 2: I think I was seven or eight years of age.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if if I would you know what I say that Julie Andrews. Oh Man, I had a crush on you. I did say that to Sally Field. I'm just like, oh man, I had a crush on you, and she goes, oh okay, like stand in line, yes, yes, marmon.
Speaker 11: Look have I ever seen Jody Wattley. I'm gonna say you were my first crush when I was a.
Speaker 2: Kide Kay Todd first crush.
Speaker 6: Heather Thomas slash Heather Locklear, the two Heathers.
Speaker 5: I just thought that was just they were the.
Speaker 3: Greatest, right, Seaton, did you have a crush at an early age?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know it's probably Catherine Bach Dukes of Hazard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I have to go back to like the first time I noticed, like, wow, that's different. It might be might be Katherine Bach, Okay, Paul.
Speaker 10: Those are all great picks. I think mine was Olympic figure skater Dorothy Hamill. I remember watching her and going that girl's pretty.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I go back to Peggy Fleming. She was a figure skater and I was like, Okay, I don't know what's going on, but all of a sudden, I want to watch figure skating.
Speaker 10: The word yucky isn't used in nod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, I still probably they the girls use that towards me of being yucky. That I didn't look at the girls and go, man, they're yucky. Brandon in Utah, Hi Brandon, what's on your mind?
Speaker 15: Hey Dan?
Speaker 8: This is Brandon the first time, Long Time five four with a thirst quenching one sixty two. And you know, we watch you every morning with my daughter Lulu and the car on the way to school.
Speaker 2: We love you so much.
Speaker 8: And my only concern though, is lately Fritzi seemed to be a little quiet and we were concerned that maybe something's wrong with him. We just want to check in on him. You know, he can carry the show sometimes when he needs to, and we're just worried about him.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought, is anything up that we should be aware of?
Speaker 6: I don't think so. That's my next being bothered me to the last a few days. But that wouldn't keep me from speaking into a microphone. I picked my spots.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I'm a little too much. Sometimes I'm like, I didn't know you were here today. It's hard to find that perfect appearance.
Speaker 2: I think you're doing great. I'm doing I just want to make sure you're doing ok okay.
Speaker 6: But everything else is okay, everything's in order.
Speaker 3: Lifestyle was okay? Todd in North Carolina. I Todd, what's on your mind?
Speaker 18: Hey, guys, we all know that content is king, and we all know all the fallout that happened after your interview with a quarterback I'm blanket on his name from displayed with Seattle. But all the fallout that's come about now with your interview with the Notre Dame Athletic director, I mean, I think you should be getting residuals from all the sports companies from all the content you created. And if y'all will get an Emmy this year, then it's definitely more fixed than the college football Selection committee. And also what happened to the gong? Oh?
Speaker 3: The gong is here, but there's no reason I use it sparingly. It's always there. But you know, I have the ConA silence for Todd and I have the gong as well, but you know he's been on his best behavior. There's no reason to gong him or have the ConA silence there. Rob Grounkowski, how there he is? And he's got a bowl game coming up. That'll be Saturday, December thirteenth. That's so far. He hosts the LA Bowl and sponsored by Bucked Up, leading sports nutrition lifestyle brand. The title sponsor for the LA Bowl Boise State against Washington. Rob Grunkowski joining us on the program.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm in Valle Colorado right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. This is my French bull dog right here.
Speaker 17: So I've been on a media tour right now you're my last stop, Dan, And he's been just sleeping on the ground for the last hour and now he's.
Speaker 5: Like, get me up on your lap.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 5: His name's Ralphie.
Speaker 2: Ralphie.
Speaker 5: Yes, good boy.
Speaker 2: If you could have named your dog after a teammate.
Speaker 5: Oh, I would say, uh.
Speaker 17: Chan Chandler Jones, Chan straight up, Chan, that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: Do you get people who want you to hit them? Like Rando? People come up to you.
Speaker 17: Actually all the time. That's a great question. A lot of people sometimes come up to me and like put their hand down on the ground, and I'm like, what's going on right now? I'm like, hey, buddy, you don't want that to happen. Trust me, Like I used to go verse two hundred and eighty pounds defensive ends on a daily basis, Like I got that ground force. I know how to move force from one side to the other side. Sometimes also people are like, yo, let's arm rustle. I just don't get into the end, shay. I mean I fake it, like oh right, I'll take a picture of us fake arm wrestling. But I just don't know what I'm dealing with at that moment, So I never actually take the offer when someone tells me to hit home or tackle hom or anything like that.
Speaker 3: What hurts on you now from your playing career, you know, that's a great question.
Speaker 17: If I don't take care of myself, if I go out, you know, I don't get much sleep. You know, my knee aches a little bit, my back will go out on me and my ankle starts, you know, flying up. You know, I've got a lot of injuries. But if I truly take care of myself, you know, I do all the right things. I get massages, I do all the pre have workouts. You know, I can even work out hard if I get the proper sleep. Literally usually nothing hurts then, And that's great. That's what I'm That's what I dedicate myself is taking care of myself because of that reason, because if I don't, then things start going out on me because of the career that I had. But I really like to take care of myself and do the prehab stuff and do the workouts that.
Speaker 5: You know, keep my body going and keep my body strong.
Speaker 2: Philip River is what eight years older than you? What are you thirty six?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm thirty six and he's forty four.
Speaker 3: Yes, to be away for five years at that position, what's the first thing that maybe comes back to him or is never coming back?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I mean, if I was a betting man and I had to truly put a bet on it, I would go against Philip Rivers. And it's not because I don't like Philip Rivers. A guy was an unbelievable quarterback. He's probably a Hall of Fame quarterback, you know, in the future. I mean, what he did as for his career was remarkable. It would be any quarterback's dream to have what he he had and how many you know, touchdowns and pass he's thrown for.
Speaker 5: But if I'm a betting man, like I said, I would go against him.
Speaker 17: I would say that it's not going to happen what, you know, in the way that they think it could possibly happen, you know, with the Colts and.
Speaker 5: Whatever he's thinking.
Speaker 17: I mean, he's forty four years old, he's been out of the game for four or five years. If anyone could possibly do if any position can do this, it's definitely the quarterback position only that could you know, possibly pull this off.
Speaker 5: But I just don't see that arm strength being.
Speaker 17: Up to par where it needs to be, and I don't see the consistency of that arm being where it needs to be as well. Can he take a hit if he goes in the game, I don't know. I don't think so. I mean, it's kind of absurd, But if I got to bet against it, if I got a bet for it, I would go against it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just seems crazy that they're in that position where you're gonna bring back a forty four year old. I mean, he's a high school coach, he's a grandfather. Aren't there any other quarterbacks in America, Gronk that you could bring in to help out this team?
Speaker 5: That's what I was wondering.
Speaker 17: I mean, try to grab No, you can't grab anyone off a practice squad. The trade deadline's over, But there has to be someone else else out there on the streets like that played last year. What about digging into the XFL or whatever the XFL slash United Football League that combined, you know, the last year.
Speaker 5: That's a pretty solid league.
Speaker 17: I mean, there has to be a quarterback from there, even grabbing a quarterback from the Canadian Football League, like, there has to be someone that's played out there that can go in and handle an offense at least to power the you know, to go out there and produce just how they need them to produce. But like in this situation, I mean, it's it's wild to me that this is going on and I'm hoping for the best, But why I'm saying it's going to be so hard for Philip Rivers is because of the last you know, four years, five years. You got to be up to speed with this game, you know, you got to be up to speed with defenses, how fast they are, how strong these guys are, and you got to be up to speed with your arm as well.
Speaker 5: So what was he doing over the last four or five years?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 17: And also he has fourteen kids approximately, he's a husband. How does he even have time to throw sixty passes a day? Because once you do retire, you usually check out and just take care of your family. So it all depends on what he was doing Dan over the last four years.
Speaker 3: For the record, I don't think he has fourteen kids, but he does have I think.
Speaker 5: No, he does have a lot. It's not fourteen, but it's up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if he's double digits, but but I think he is is.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean, there's some players out there that are.
Speaker 3: But well, apparently we know what he's been doing in the last five years, then he's got double digit kids there.
Speaker 5: Gronk, Yes, we sure do. At least we know he's in shape.
Speaker 3: We're talking Rob Gronkowski, the four time Super Bowl champ and It's Bucked Up, leading sports nutrition and lifestyle brand and the title sponsor for the LA Bowl presented hosted by Gronk. That'll be Saturday, December thirteenth. What is your role there as the master of ceremony.
Speaker 17: Yes, the master of ceremony kind of because I do go to the fan festival, you know, two hours prior to the game, get out the fans hyped up, do a couple activities, do a couple of games.
Speaker 5: But this is my third year hosting the game.
Speaker 17: The first year, I sung the national anthem, I raised the Boise State Bronco's dog at halftime, and I'm only one of the few to ever beat the dog. As well, I was just happy he went off course and I just talked to I talked to the teams as well, the two teams, congratulate them, welcome them to the you know, Bucked Up LA Ball. It's gonna be at Sofi Stadium. And what makes this game special this year? The first year was great Boise State versus UCLA. Ucla won the game. You know, Ashton genty was part of the game top five pick last year for the Las Vegas Raiders. This year is gonna be special because it's only gonna be the only football game going on in the world when it's on TV Saturday night, and it's directly after the Heisman Trophy presentation as well, so it's gonna be hot. And we got two legit teams here. We got the Boise State Broncos. They just won the Mountain West Conference this year and that's a that's a pretty solid conference. So they got the automatic bid to our bowl game. And then we got the Washington Huskies. Now we got Jetfish as the head coach. He betrayed me at the University of Arizona, Dan Patrick, I'll let you know that I'm gonna have to have a word with him. He was there, he turned the program around, and then he left us. He went to the Washington Husky. I mean, Washington Oskies ain't that much better than the University of Arizona. And he turned us around and he did have a pretty solid year this year.
Speaker 5: He was eight and four. They do have a good team, They have a good.
Speaker 17: Running back and the three of their losses actually came from Ohio State, Oregon, and Michigan, and they competed in all three of those games. So this is going to be a very solid football game, the Huskies versus Broncos. I'm looking forward to it Saturday night at Sofi Stadium, December thirteenth.
Speaker 5: It's going to be popping.
Speaker 3: You're in Veil. You know, you can have fun. People you know like to party in Vail. Are those days done? Are those days done?
Speaker 5: You know they're not. I like to have a good time. I like to go out.
Speaker 17: I like to bust balls. I like to have my friends around. We you know, bust each other's chops. That's how we're partying now. And I don't ever go overboard anymore. Definitely, back in the day, Dan, I was going overboard. You know, you just get so hammered and stuff, and you can't do that anymore, just five days to recover. I'm a social drinker now. I don't do it much, but I'm a social drink. I'm gonna setting. I like to have one or two get you feeling good. But it's very dangerous up here in this elevation.
Speaker 5: Actually I didn't like it.
Speaker 17: I had an ipa beer eleven thousand feet up and it made me feel like complete garbage.
Speaker 5: But I did have it.
Speaker 17: I did then come down. I had a tequila shot at the top off the day. And let me tell you, the tequila shot got me rolling then. So no beers, no ipa beers up in this elevation. For some reason, the elevation and the beers don't go together.
Speaker 2: That's a great tip. Like do you ski?
Speaker 17: Yes, I'm a skier, Okay, Yes, I love skiing. I ski growing up in Buffalo. Those are small mountains there, but now this is the big Dog mountains and people are amazed. They don't know it's me, because that's what's so great about skiing is that I just go out there.
Speaker 5: I'm a free man up there.
Speaker 17: But so many people have been coming up to me, Yo, you're a huge like how are you skiing?
Speaker 5: Like your skis are huge?
Speaker 17: They look like boats, they look like two snowboards on each leg. And that's the experience I've been having. But it's funny because I changed my voice too when I talk to people, because I just like being free up here and don't want anyone to knows it's me just cruising around.
Speaker 2: What's the fake voice?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. I just come up with on a spot like, Yo, what what up?
Speaker 17: Like, Yeah, I'm tall, Like it's just soft sorry, I'm tall, Like, yeah, I get it all the time.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, good luck with UH Bucked Up, the UH leading sports nutrition and lifestyle brand and the title sponsor of the LA Bowl, hosted by Gronk. That'll be Saturday night after the Heisman Trophy ceremony at so Far. Great to catch up with you at Gronk. Thank you, Bud, Hey, Dan.
Speaker 5: Thanks for always having me on your show. Man, It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Rob Gronkowski. He is the host, he's the concierge for the LA Bowl.
Speaker 10: Yes, Paul, we're in here laughing the entire time. He's he's so refreshing, Like if the aliens come to attack, let's send Gronk out to talk for us, because they'll be doing keg stands in an hour. Yeah, he's awesome.
Speaker 3: And then I had an eye, and then I got an iPhone. Then I had a shot at the Q. Every time he's on, we say the same thing.
Speaker 2: Is it an act? There is that? And who he really is? I think it's who he is.
Speaker 3: Shaq is going to join us on the program tomorrow. You know, the back room guys go, hey, you know Shaq has that big party at the Super Bowl. I go, yeah, well can you help us get in?
Speaker 5: I go?
Speaker 3: No, well why not I go? Unless he says, why don't you bring your crew? I'm not going to bring it up to him tomorrow. Be like, you know, if Shaq wants to invite everybody to his big party in San Francisco, you know, for the big game by the way, But Shack will join us tomorrow. We'll take a break, Last call for phone calls, What we learn, what's in store tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Right after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Last call for phone calls, What we learned? What since store tomorrow? Shack will be on the program tomorrow. This day in sports History, we'll have that for you. Coming up, Spurs meet the Lakers. So Spurs don't even have Wemby in there, and they ended up winning one thirty two to one. Nineteen Lakers defense is a little suspect I might be able to play defense for the Lakers.
Speaker 3: San Antonio's won nine of its last twelve. The Thunder one again. They blew out the Suns one thirty eight to eighty nine forty nine point win. They're twenty four and one, and as we pointed out earlier, SGA has not played in the fourth quarter fourth quarter in thirteen of their twenty five games because they don't need him. He'd be averaging over thirty six points per game. If you pro rated what he normally gets in a game playing in the fourth quarter, be thirty six points per game. You can give me a It's out of the day, brought to you by Benini America, the official trading cards of the program. Let's see, is it bemas in Minnesota? Bemas.
Speaker 15: Hey, hey you're there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's an honor, a great honor.
Speaker 2: Talking to you.
Speaker 13: A couple of weeks ago, something really disturbing happened in a game that jim Nantz was calling. Running back leapt over the line scored a touchdown, and jim Nantz referred to it as Marcus Allen rather than Walter paytonish And how's wondering if you could use your influences sports media's most powerful person to get them fired.
Speaker 3: Let me ask Pauli if he was bothered by that. Being the Walder Peyton apologist, it was.
Speaker 10: Clearly unintentional by Jim Nantz and he'll have to answer for it. But it seemed unintentional by mister Nance.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bellmus. I'm sorry that that's bothered you.
Speaker 10: It bothered me, but I got over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Marcus Allen used to do that too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he loved watching Walter Payton grog up.
Speaker 3: You could do Sam Bam cunning Hand. That's very fair, you could say that, Sam Bam Cunningham. Uh, Joe and Orlando, Hi Joe, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: How are we doing?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 12: Happy Thursday, Dan Nett's as Well five. It's a beautiful day down here in Orlando, and I'm actually getting ready to head down to the studio as I am a student of the program here at full Sale. So thank you for the opportunity and the knowledge that you and the program directors provide to us.
Speaker 8: It's amazing what we have on our hands down here.
Speaker 12: So on first, I want to mention the as Stuart Scott documentary from last night. Being an aspiring sports broadcaster. Not only did I learn a lot about Stuart, but I learned a lot about the industry and finding yourself else in the industry. So that was a beautiful watch, and yeah, your hair does go five times platinum in the documentary, so I do recommend the watch. But what I am calling about is the Denver Broncos Man the bo Nicks and the Broncos of rattledolfs ten straight wins. They come back home to Denver this week against the Packers and their other dogs.
Speaker 5: So I just want to see what's your take.
Speaker 12: Do you think the Broncos will be able to close out the season in the AFC as the number one seed, they have some pretty hard games jagged of nine wins. The Chiefs are the Chiefs and it's an arrowhead. The Chargers are also a nine win team as a division opponent, so do you think they'll be able to close out the AFC. The Patriots have a little bit of a less hard schedule, so what's your thoughts on that?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what this comes down to Sean Payton and bow Nicks because that defense will travel. I'm just not sure about that offense and Patriots that's scheduled not as demanding. But Denver's been a great story this year, Todd, When you want to give me the pie of the face following our Broncos bet that came down to the wire. I mean it got pretty close because yes, yes, yes, but uh, when when do you want to give me a pie to the face?
Speaker 6: Whenever you're up for it. We could do it next Friday, man, Okay, yeah, for they get it over with before the holidays.
Speaker 3: I think there's a few people need pies to the face. Marvin, you need one? I need to two of them seating. Am I supposed to get a spray tan?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: Or?
Speaker 2: Did I imagine that?
Speaker 4: I feel like just like sometime in the last week somebody called in was like, hey, you owe me a spray tan?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I don't know what that's from. I know Bad Larry lost a bet on the gambling podcast has to do a spray Maybe we could do it two for one. You and Bad Larry stripped down and uh do.
Speaker 2: And do a spray tan. I could not do a spray tan.
Speaker 14: Why not?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just kind of creepy for a guy.
Speaker 2: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: I did meet a woman her job is to give spray towns in New York City. She was telling me all the famous people come in and I was like, oh, okay, yeah.
Speaker 10: Pauline, I'm looking for bakery slash tanning spies right now business that does both? Oh, not a lot of them out.
Speaker 3: There, so like a hole in the market. Yes to me a pie, I'm in for to get a pie. But while I'm waiting, I'm gonna get a spray town.
Speaker 10: Why not?
Speaker 2: I like it? How about this day in sports history?
Speaker 10: Paul just a couple of Dan Jodamajo retired nineteen fifty one, played all thirteen years with the Yankees. Muhammad Ali retired in nineteen eighty one. His last fight was Trevor Berbick. Berbick and Mary Lemeux came back to play and became a player owner, the first in NHL history.
Speaker 2: But Ali lost his fight to Trevor Burbick.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 2: It was a unanimous decision with Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: Let me see anything else that needs to be mentioned here?
Speaker 10: Yes, Paul, I do have a name for Michigan. And some people are throwing this out there on the social media's and it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: Kenny Dillingham, the head coach of Arizona State very good year last year, has been a college coach his entire career, known for working with quarterbacks and offenses and he's only thirty five years old.
Speaker 2: Does he have any Michigan ties?
Speaker 10: No Michigan ties, no baggage, no NCA investigations. Thirty five years old and his quarterback just left, Sam Levitt, so he maybe he's only thirty five Kenny Dillingham, Yeah, dang, he was a high school coach eight years ago.
Speaker 2: Well we had him on and you know, great energy.
Speaker 10: He's refreshing too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I saw his name on the short list there. I don't know, maybe that list is now a long list.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 3: Let's go around the room. Anybody learned anything? Todd'd you learn anything tonight?
Speaker 6: I did with all the kids he's been having. Gronck surmises that Philip Rivers must be in decent shit setan.
Speaker 2: What did you learn today?
Speaker 6: Gronk?
Speaker 2: A big skier? What about early big? What about you? Marvin?
Speaker 11: Fritzy's okay, but his next bothering him?
Speaker 2: Facts?
Speaker 6: Yeah, put asper cream?
Speaker 2: You learned today?
Speaker 10: Date outside the building?
Speaker 2: What about me? Todd? What did I learn?
Speaker 10: Dan Wetzel said there was no rug to pull out under Notre Dame.
Speaker 6: They should have been more prepared for possibly not getting in.
Speaker 3: Still driving that trusty old ride, keep it looking sharp with Mako from dense dings faded paint. They've got you covered. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Mako. Thanks for joining us, Our pleasure to serve you. Shack on the program tomorrow. We'll talk to you then