Speaker 1: Boy from Hollywood Park.
Speaker 2: It's the sixteenth annual Marck Sessler Mark Draft, your must have final compendium to the twenty twenty four NFL Draft. I'm Jason some Walt. You may know me as the voice of Renald Draft two thousand and seven to two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: And now here's your host, Leo Zeusser himself tied.
Speaker 1: Handon.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, and welcome. So yes, the sixteenth annual Mock Sessler Mark Draft. And what an exciting time it is because I'm twenty four hours from now. All the attention, it all heads out to Detroit, all heads out to Marshall Mathers.
Speaker 5: Universe, eight miles I didn't touch.
Speaker 4: But we're all intents and purposes. The center of the draft world right now is the Chris Westling podcast studio for mister Sessler's mock Draft. I cannot do this alone. I will not do this alone, so I have a co host. I'm gonna be frank with you. It's mostly for eye candy purposes. It's Greg Rosenthal.
Speaker 5: That is right.
Speaker 6: I have been working out like crazy personal trainer. Lack of knowledge, but huge guns.
Speaker 4: Massive pipes. But that's not all. That's not all. Also joining us, and this is important. A man who is quality control of this mock draft. H he's a man, he's a professional. He is Lance Zerline Lance.
Speaker 3: I noticed I didn't get any applause.
Speaker 4: So that there you are. That is here you are.
Speaker 3: I brought along some melotonin. Okay, melotonin just in case I get too excited about Mark's draft and I need to I need to take the edge off a little bit.
Speaker 6: Sounds like a man who doesn't like someone else coming on his corner, the draft expert corner.
Speaker 3: Look, let me just put it this way. I'm no Marlo Stanfield, but I will say this. I I remember, you know when when former athletes were in the space, or even guys who play now, and they get all upset. Who are these guys mock draft? And where did they ever play? What do they know? Who the hell's Melkiper anyway? You know that whole that whole thing, and always thought, well, that's dumb. But now that Mark's trying to crank out a mock draft, like who the hell is Mark Sessler to do these mock drafts, It's just kind of the same kind of thing. You know, when people encroach on your space, you don't love it.
Speaker 4: It's like when someone makes a copy of a VHS and then a copy of a VHS and then a copy of a VHS. The degradation at a certain level is it's almost like, can we watch it anywhere? Can we listen and without further ado, and what a way to set the table. It is the man of the hour. Hopefully it comes in under an hour. Mark Sessler, well, thank you.
Speaker 7: This is starting exactly as I thought it would in terms of tone and complete disregard for the immense amount of work that I put into this.
Speaker 6: We've also put in work behind the scenes. Everyone should check us out on YouTube and you can see the visual of five different Mark Sessler's drafting at the same time.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful. Mark. I like that. That's how you come into this because in past years you have famously stated I believe last year, if you listened to last year's program, you said you put in one hour and I believe twelve minutes of research. And yet all we've heard for the past few weeks is you are turned into a machine. You're basically coming for Lance in a way because you have been watching tape, You've been grinding, so in a lot of ways you want to be legitimized within the industry, and I could tell so this means a lot. This is such an important mark draft for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think an hour and twelve minutes is rich for what I did last year because I think I got up and made coffee and at one point took a brief nap.
Speaker 8: But like this time around, I have tried to, you know, go.
Speaker 7: Through these picks, pick by pick, and look for things that would excite me as well as what seems logical.
Speaker 4: Let's do it, all right, So this is very important you need to hit Let's check out last year's results. Oh really, Mark Sessler twenty twenty three. You got Bryce Young at one, you got Bijon to the Falcons. You got C. J. Stroud right, but he had him at twelve so Will Anderson, and you got Anderson and Stroud, but you had him in the wrong.
Speaker 5: Spots at Richardson right.
Speaker 4: Eam was a correct pick, all right, because obviously Jill Levis was second round, but name and Team was a.
Speaker 6: Correct We're gonna give him full credit for day in a guy's going third over all that didn't even get taken on.
Speaker 4: Take it up with past. Greg.
Speaker 8: You agreed, lest Yeah, Greg, this was something you already signed off in the first Yeah.
Speaker 3: Pen Hooker had had one leg last year.
Speaker 5: Right that past.
Speaker 6: Greg is one of my least favorite people. Okay, but yeah, you got to beat.
Speaker 5: Five or no, you have to.
Speaker 4: We're gonna rewrite that. You have to have it within the first round. You know, Will Levis going in the sixth round to the Titans isn't the same as Will Levis going fourth over No, I agree with that.
Speaker 7: I think it got so bleak that we amended the rules during our lab show.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, so that's last year. But this is this year, and this is a different mark and Lance, you're gonna see that. And what starts this episode is we get to the first pick. Right now, what started as an exercise almost mocking the industry, now he's marking the industry as a Sessler joint.
Speaker 7: Get to it the first overall pick. Okay, very little drama. Obviously, we're the first overall pick. The Chicago's Bears do it we've expected them to do for eons at this point, Caleb Williams quarterback USC.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, is there anyone out there, Lance, by the way, that is saying that that's not going to happen. No, that's nobody's out there.
Speaker 3: It's done.
Speaker 4: It's done.
Speaker 3: Well, the books mark is one for one.
Speaker 6: There's an NFL scouter two out there that it's like, well, we would take Jaden Williams supposedly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if I believe that one or two.
Speaker 4: I don't think we need to hold there any longer. Let's move to the second overall pick, the Washington commanders.
Speaker 7: I think the events of the last couple of weeks make this slightly mysterious if you're into like chatter and talking points and offenses and who's an alpha and who's not an alpha. But the Washington commanders at number two stick with what we've heard. They go with Jaden Daniels quarterback Lsu.
Speaker 4: Now we got the thumbs up from Lance, so you're not reading into any Lance Jayden didn't like the idea that he's at top golf with like twelve other guys.
Speaker 3: No, I think that Jade and Daniels, well, he may not like to hang out with a bunch of other quarterbacks. I don't care. As long as he's the only quarterback that's going to start for Washington. They're going to take.
Speaker 4: All right, moving on to number three?
Speaker 8: All right, number three?
Speaker 7: And you know, I try to please the people the matter to me inside this industry on the show, and that seems like.
Speaker 4: A mistake, right lance, pleasing the people who matter to you.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's what the insiders do the name namely Greg for the sake of the just namely Greg.
Speaker 8: But Greg has been hot on the.
Speaker 7: Tail of New England Patriots their third overall pick, Drake May, quarterback North Carolina.
Speaker 8: It's also just logical. I think this is where where they're going to.
Speaker 7: You're hearing a lot of chatter that the Patriots really dig Drake May too.
Speaker 3: Mark Sessler proverbial people please it will.
Speaker 6: This feels like the first you know, where the draft really starts unless they Washington Shaccess doesn't take Daniel's lance.
Speaker 5: As we get close, like where you where are you? Feeling? Is gonna happen?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go right player, wrong team. I think May goes three, but I'm gonna put them either with the Giants or the Vikings in this spot. I'm not going to give you the entire thing. You're gonna have to read my MOK to find out what I'm meant that.
Speaker 5: You must do that? What what as?
Speaker 6: This would drive me crazy if they just assume they and get some other quarterbacks some other time.
Speaker 5: That's it. I'm out forever.
Speaker 4: The fourth pick, now, this is a hotly debated pick about who's gonna make it? Right now, it's the Cardinals. Does it stay that way? Martin?
Speaker 7: It does not, and you're gonna have your gonna trade fans that say, wait a minute, you don't take Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 8: What are you doing here?
Speaker 7: But the Cardinals make the trade that a lot of people have presupposed could happen with the Vikings. They get eleven and twenty three, and the Vikings move up and Kevin O'Connell gets his guy, JJ McCarthy, quarterback Michigan.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with it.
Speaker 4: Is that what we're with?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm fine with it. I'm fine with that. I think Arizona now has three first round picks. They do, so, you know, obviously they have to, uh, they got to figure out what they're gonna do with three first round picks. I think they'd have to trade up. But for now, I'm okay.
Speaker 8: He's gonna like some of what happens later on.
Speaker 4: Nice this would break my heart. This would mean that Sam Darnold's chances of actually starting UH for the Vike go way down. So I'm really hoping this does not occur, but I'm fully prepared for it.
Speaker 6: As we get closer to the draft, I do think it's worth wondering, are we sure that there are multiple teams that want JJ McCarthy this much? Now if the Patriots don't take May, or maybe they make the trade with the Vikings and the Vikings go up and they take May at three? Like either way, do the Vikings even feel like they need to go up that high to get JJ McCarthy, I think is a fair question. Is there a chance he would even follow the way down to eleven? I feel like that's higher than people are trying to.
Speaker 8: Well, you got the Giants hanging out there, so you can't get.
Speaker 4: To ud all right? Number five? You have the Los Angeles Superchargers on the clock. Do they stay there? We have a trade another one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh my good?
Speaker 8: And this is not me wish casting.
Speaker 7: I can't think of a more all in team in the NFL that basically has like a one year contract with the football gods just to make it happen right now.
Speaker 8: That is the New York Jets.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: And we know they like to wheel and deal and make moves. And they move up to number five and they take Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 8: They don't care. They're going to go for it.
Speaker 4: Now. That would be as a Jet fan, I would be over the moon to now, what are we giving up? I would like to know. But you know what I think, to Joe Douglas's credit, as much as we are talking about and I agree that they are all in on this year because everything is on the line for the organization and how could it go wrong? But to Joe Douglas's credit, we have not seen him make a move where it's like he's selling the farm because he doesn't care because he's not there yet. This would start to edge into that territory in less lands. It doesn't matter what they're giving up because Harrison is that good? Is he that good? Is this a superstar waiting to just enter the league?
Speaker 3: I think he's a really good player, the chance to be a Pro Bowl player. And you know what I like about Mark here is that he talks about the all in nature of this pick. They don't even have a second rounder this year, so basically you're trading up and you're going to give up a big pick next year as well. Basically, if you're Joe Douglas said, if you're gonna fire me, I'm taking all my picks with me.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: Or you're not really specifying at all what you're doing. And as a fellow mock drafter, Lance, what do you think of that? Just in terms of the concise analysis too, that Mark is bringing to me, Greg, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I love going for with Harrison. I'm not sure how you're gonna make that one. I just for me, this just smacks of I like the phrase he used, wish casting, because I think that is what this is. Despite his protestation, I was looking for you. Yeah, so I'm gonna say no, no, I'm sorry, dog. That's a note for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and in general lance to be taken seriously in this world, wish casting is probably not something you want to do in general, right.
Speaker 3: Right, right? You can't just go through life just hoping and wishing. You know. There's an old saying in the movie have you ever seen the movie? Have you ever seen the movie? Think it's this Boy's Life. Have you ever seen This Boy's Life with Roberts de Niro and DiCaprio, Leo DiCaprio. It's one of the most most i think the most underrated movies ever. And there's a phrase in there crap in one hand and hope in the other, and see which one gets full first. Or maybe it was a different movie, but it's my favorite quote us because it's true.
Speaker 8: I'm going to ask you a question.
Speaker 7: Who's got an entire episode based around their mock trapped about to blow up on you know, iTunes and where if you've got your podcasts and YouTube as well?
Speaker 3: Daniel Jeremiah yeakay?
Speaker 8: Well who else?
Speaker 4: But okay? And by the way, I caught that little subtle lowering of expectations there by lance for Marvin Harrison Junior. Yeah, I know. He was like, Solid's got a chance to be a pro players Like, okay, we see you, we see you.
Speaker 3: Hell not an all time I'm not saying all time. Great, You're not playing with Aaron Rodgers for one year.
Speaker 4: Like Tyrod Taylor is a Pro Bowl player, right, I mean that saying yeah, anyway, let's move on, we keep rolling. So we got two trades and the top five are any of the big qbs left, the Big no or No. So now the New York Giants, who I think we're hoping one of those guys might be.
Speaker 7: I think they were hoping someone would be there. I think they probably made have picked up the phone. And we're you know, out priced, out leveraged by the Vikings.
Speaker 8: You know, the Giants have a lot to choose.
Speaker 7: Here though, and I think we need to go to one of the greatest giant podcasts out there. You know, we don't like to promote other shows, but this is different. It's Christopher Walkins Walking with Giants.
Speaker 4: Take a look.
Speaker 2: So many people want to know who are the Giants are gonna choose? I'll tell you now, Elak Neighbors, LSU wide receiver, six foot.
Speaker 4: Nothing, two hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be good. I think.
Speaker 4: Wow, mister Walkin, thank you and check out Walking with Giants anywhere you get your podcasts. Lanson, were you aware of that podcast? That actor? Iconic act there, Christopher walking getting up there in years but still covering the Giants and watching the Giants very closely. He likes the idea of Malik Neighbors from LSU going number six.
Speaker 3: And no idea Christopher was a Giants fan.
Speaker 4: But wow, not only is Lance going toe to toe with Mark Sessler, also with the voice of Atn's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a It's an incredible showing by Lance so far.
Speaker 6: I think this could be a savvy move as we're getting closer for what it's worth, a lot of a lot of buzz out there from Giants, reporters, Giants everything that, like, actually, if May is gone there, they might not be as into taking a quarterback as people think, and that would make that would make them more likely. You think that's accurate.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think that's actually accurate. And here's the other thing. I think that if you draft Molik Neighbors, this is what I like to call this the third act for Daniel Jones. We had the first act, the second act, or actually this would probably be yeah, yeah, the fourth. I think we'd be on the fourth act, and what is what would be known as the comeback. I'm comeback inside of the second contract.
Speaker 7: Every classic play is built off a three act structure, so four acts feels excessive.
Speaker 4: For days, Yeah, his entire career resets every year with a whole different set of expectations. It seems weird, all right, number seven. Now, this one is on my radar mark just because everyone seems certain of the pick, and when that happens, sometimes the mock industry and the rest of us end up looking foolish. But what do you think happened? I'm with you.
Speaker 7: It bothered me to even type this with this, I think this is Bill Callahan telling saying, I'm daddy, I choose who goes here. I'm running your offensive line the Titans.
Speaker 8: At number seven.
Speaker 4: Do you think the offensive line coach is running the draft room.
Speaker 7: It's the father of the head coach, So yeah, I do. I think he's probably got some say here. But it's a neat daddy issues there.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 7: Joe Alto is six foot seven three and twenty two pounds. He used to pick at number seven for the Titans. It just makes sense if they do something else, I think be a relatively massive surprise to anyone out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lance, is this being overly simplified that this is definitely you.
Speaker 3: Know, if Joe alt is still there, he will be the pick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Daniel Jeremiah, your your friend of me. On the Move the Sticks Podcast, Lance said on Wednesday, that he just keeps hearing teams are trading up for tackles, that he thinks there's gonna be a lot of trade up for now. Maybe it's all is certainly tackle one or is expected to be, and there's there's three or four that could go in the top fifteen.
Speaker 4: All right, the next pick, Yeah, I'll go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, I think I mean, I just think that's it. I think teams have we've all put Joe all to seven. It's the one that makes the most sense. That's one of the biggest dangers you can have in the draft is have everyone know who you potentially are gonna take, because then you become an easy trade ahead of target.
Speaker 6: All right, I mean they could trade with the Chargers seven to five. Take out there.
Speaker 4: Perhaps, Okay, we're gonna get through the top ten. We're gonna take a break and say go by to Lance because Lance has serious person stuff he does.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is a farce.
Speaker 4: He seems to be hinting at that number eight. So this is where just again everyone's just assuming, Okay, here are the Falcons, no defensive players off the board, So this is where the first guy goes. Do you think that right?
Speaker 7: Like Dallas Turner just staring at his phone thinking it's gonna ring. Well, it's not gonna ring because we have a trade. Ah, And this is where I start to do those that I want to do. And the Kansas City Chiefs, who sit in turmoil at the wide receiver position, talk about another team behind the Jets that are equal with the Jets, or more and more in terms of proving it or all in right now it might be your last year with Travis Kelce.
Speaker 8: You want to go get that offense. You want to deal what you've been doing before.
Speaker 7: They trade up to number eight with the Atlanta Falcons and they get Romadunze wide receiver Washington, and you talk about an offense that looks transformed with this pick ready to go right away.
Speaker 6: Rookie Lance is covering him, pressing his temple. Speak to us about what your feeling lands right now?
Speaker 3: I mean, Army wants to just hang up on this thing right now. So I like that. Mark says. You know what I like to do when I do mock drafts is I try to think like the teams. And I said, well, now what would this GM do?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: What is their history? What do they in this way my max take five to seven hours. Mark says, this is what I want to do. I'm gonna take over. So Mark thinks, what would Mark do if he were with the Chiefs trade up, like, like, my job's not on the line, I'm going to give away three first rounders apparently, because I'm going to go from thirty two to eight. I don't even know if they make the draft chart. I don't even know if the draft chart even if they even have that as a possibility. Mark eight is fourteen hundred. We've got to match up nine hundred more points. That's going to be more than a first rounder next year. You're basically giving up a second this year, a first next year.
Speaker 5: We've seen it now, we've seen it. We've seen it a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Sam, I think, and Jones and fairness, I think what Lance is also getting at, what the way he's the draft trade, the points system. I think he's indirectly saying, Mark, did you even do any of this in your head before throwing out something that it seems irresponsible?
Speaker 7: Almost in all I view trades and future assets and anything's attached to the salary cap at this point as just sort of a mythical uh blockade, and I think this is possible.
Speaker 8: So again, this is my world.
Speaker 6: It is spicy though that the Chiefs and the Bills, the two defining teams the last you know, five years, both have this vibe that maybe one of them trades up for a wide receiver makes this draft more fun.
Speaker 4: And I would say being unconventional doesn't mean you're wrong, Mark, so the quote there, I support this one.
Speaker 8: I'm also not wrong yet it hasn't happened.
Speaker 4: This is where we start to do what I want to do. I like that. That's like, that's you're a You're an iconoclass when it comes to this industry, all right, like.
Speaker 5: The part in the movie where you break bad.
Speaker 6: Essentially Michael Douglass just start it's losing his mind.
Speaker 4: You're our citizens of Lasians. I think it's fair to say you're the bad boy of the mock industrial. I'll take Plex number nine, the Chicago Bears with their second pick at the top ten.
Speaker 7: I think people have thought the Bears would go get their wide receiver here, but I think what they do to, you know, settle down Eberflus, who's like, will anyone ever give me assets? And stop trading Roquan Smith and everyone else with any talent off my defense, they take the player that people thought the Falcons would, Dallas Turner Edge out of Alabama. You give him a piece on defense to improve that pass rush to.
Speaker 5: Your top edge, Lance, I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: No, I've got Jared Verse, but it's very close. I think Dallas Turner goes before Verse. So I'm fine with this. Finally a respite from insanity.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's then move to number ten because I'm curious if you're gonna be okay with this one. So, of course, in Mark's world, the Jets and Chargers traded. So now it's the Charger sitting at number ten, and what do they do with the pick?
Speaker 7: Well, they need a wide receiver, we know that, but it's Jim harbaught. So it's like, who does Jim Harbaugh want to take? It really fills out another aspect of this offense. This person can catch the ball too. It's brock Bauers tight end. Georgia, m what do you think now?
Speaker 4: But Bowers has been widely mocked to the Jets staying home at ten, but in this case he goes ten, but to a different team. Lance, is that logical to you, Well.
Speaker 3: This is the genius of a Mark Sessler is that he takes a look and he even said, we need a pass catcher. You don't see you need a wide receiver anymore. You need a pass catcher. You need a weapon. And so Mark is correctly identified that Bowers is a weapon. Don't put the label on wide receiver a tight end. We know the chargers need a weapon, we know they need an offensive lineman. In this case, they got a weapon, but he's one of one. He's the only tight end going to first and maybe the second round too. So in this particular case, I think the value is pretty good for a guy who I considered to be a weapon at tight end.
Speaker 5: I love that, and you needed that.
Speaker 4: It was a good one.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 8: That's a good way to end our corrase like that. That felt good.
Speaker 6: It's it's why I haven't totally mentally ruled out Rock Bowers at at nine, I'm actually looking down at another competing mock draft.
Speaker 5: This is a new entrant into the mix.
Speaker 6: Oh, the Walker Rosenthal twenty twenty four mock draft. That is my nine year old son with zero help. Yeah, we put this together weeks ago and hours and we will compare who gets more right.
Speaker 5: I'll send it out on it.
Speaker 6: But he had Bowers going to the Bears, which I thought was a creative little wrinkle. I know cole Comet is there, but they need weapons. They could add a second time.
Speaker 3: Before I leave, real quick? Can you just get me because I may want to this is pretty fun? Can you give me eleven? Real quick? Can I get just a little teaser on the Wow, it's funny, It's funny steel here, It's funny.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's funny.
Speaker 1: Way Lance.
Speaker 4: Lance is saying that because I was gonna suggest, can we just hang for one more pick? Because I want Lance's thoughts on the Las Vegas Raiders being on the clock.
Speaker 3: They maybe it will go later.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, so there's a trade. That's how they get on the clock. The Cardinals had this pick from the Vikings. The Cardinals are willing to move down to thirteen and allow the Raiders to come up to eleven, where they take Michael Pennix Junior.
Speaker 8: They need a quarterback out of Washington. They have been linked together.
Speaker 1: There's it.
Speaker 8: There's supposed interest. Who knows that that's all lies or not?
Speaker 4: You have it appears to me you have injured Lanceerlin that choice. In fact, he's gone. He's oh my god, Lance is gone. He just disconnected the chat.
Speaker 7: I don't blame I didn't you know, I didn't like ship Ryan leave Junior to any of these teams.
Speaker 8: These are good players for the most part.
Speaker 4: But just to clarify, Lance indeed cut off his communication after that. He had a look of this that was yeah, that was the box was gone. I don't know if Mark that wiped him out and he fell.
Speaker 8: Can I explain why?
Speaker 7: I like before we just like float down this avenue of how can this happen?
Speaker 8: Like the Broncos have the Broncos have the next pick.
Speaker 7: They do, so the Raiders are hopscotching their biggest, one of their biggest rivals to take the like the next quarterback you'd logically take, and they've gotten. These are two teams with nothing at quarterbacks. So do you sit there and watch the Broncos go take Michael Pennix and then you were sitting there with nothing at quarterback?
Speaker 6: He seems to be the most Raiders e quarterback possible, big arm, throw deep like they love that. I think that the issue would be a lot of people feel like he is being really pushed up to even being talked about as a first round talent because of the injuries, because of the time, but also just because he's not incredibly accurate where to me, it feels like if they are trading up from thirteen, that feels a little I mean, that's a wretch.
Speaker 7: It's two spots. There's a logical reason you're hopscotching the team that seems desperate to take whoever is sitting there at quarterback.
Speaker 6: I feel like he is more likely to get taken in round two than he is in the top fifteen.
Speaker 5: But that's just my.
Speaker 8: Well Chad Ryder thought the same thing.
Speaker 7: But I mean, how often are quarterbacks overvalued in this process? So I don't know again, is it? Is it interesting? Are Raiders fans sitting like that caption.
Speaker 6: My Walker's got him going to the Vikings at twenty two? They actually stick and pick and they have penix.
Speaker 4: There are we going to do this for every No, I just pick that penex especially just this is the minute the.
Speaker 8: Minute, the minute le Lance goes, we got I got a nine year old on my back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well like you to Walker is like Lance to you? You suddenly don't.
Speaker 8: Like, I don't know comer, but that's I'm not sure, it's the cycle of life.
Speaker 4: Probably won't beat Walker, so I think I think in fairness. Greg as the co host here first, so we should talk beforehand. This is a big stage for Mark, and we've talked. We talked about it on our most recent show. The goal here is to legitimize Mark. Oh yeah, and having a nine year old serve as his foil on top of Lance, which I thought was more constructive in this idea of like how do we It didn't go exactly how I wanted because I wanted Lance to be more of a helping hand to you, but he seemed, I mean, he hung up on us. For Christ's sake, he was put off. So now to throw in a nine year old potentially feasting on you is not what we're looking for. We're trying to make because, like Mark said, a big hit mock draft for Mark draft for mock Sessler is a big hit for around the NFL.
Speaker 7: So I will say one thing though, it's kind of like picking up extra picks.
Speaker 6: A big Walker Rosenthal mock draft would be good for around the nf'd either my whole story nine year old but here either way. Now we're just taking more bites at the apple. One out of two is probably gonna do well.
Speaker 4: I feel like a hit for Mark in this mock is a hit for the group, A hit for Walker, Yeah, is a hit for Rosenctor. It's like what is and.
Speaker 7: I I respect children, and I respect their opinions and all that stuff, but like, you know, well, I'd be happy to see how you do.
Speaker 8: I mean, there's certainly some it's written in pencil.
Speaker 4: I mean, the genie's out of the bottle now Walker is involved.
Speaker 5: But I'll send it out.
Speaker 6: But there are some issues, including he doesn't appear to have all thirty two teams.
Speaker 5: There's only thirty one. That's a bit of all.
Speaker 4: But you never know that works out to your favor, that does Yeah, all right, let's take a break and when we come back, we hit pick number twelve. The Denver Broncos are on the clock or are they all right? We are back and Casha missed it. We just went through the first eleven picks of the mock Sessler Mark Draft. Thank you again to Lance Zerlin who uh you could find him everywhere NFL Network, NFL dot com. Yeah, and he has his final mock draft going up live on NFL dot com today Wednesday, so make sure you check that out and thank you to Lance for joining us. Even if it was a little bit more hostile then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like we were looking for Jacoby Brissett kind of mentoring Sam Howe, and we got Joe Flacco icing out Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 5: But it was fun.
Speaker 8: I'm still sitting here unaffected by it all. That's good and you need to be. Yeah, I feel completely.
Speaker 4: I feel nothing, because I think you need to have iron guts to succeed in this very I mean, look look at it. How many mock drafts are on NFL dot com.
Speaker 5: At least four?
Speaker 7: Well, an absurd amount. Actually if you say more than that, right, it's an absurd Oh. I think it was like maybe six seven.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I think I think there's forty seven.
Speaker 6: It's multiple, I'm not kidding, even just different people. Yeah, there's probably over ten. But and then they have version five through six. Well that's different. I mean just the number of individuals.
Speaker 4: I think a wide net, and that's the ground that we're looking to edge into here at NFL Media. We are part of NFL Media, correct, We're.
Speaker 8: On according to reports.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let's move on now the next up, next pick is who's on the board.
Speaker 7: Well, so the Broncos were sitting here at twelve, but now it's like they can't get their quarterback and they're like, you know what, we have a lot to rebuild from after this post Russell of Wilson apocalypse.
Speaker 8: So they're open to a move.
Speaker 4: And by the way, isn't it funny that the Broncos go from one Wilson that nobody wants to go near radioactive and they trade for another Wilson and Zach that nobody wants to go near is radioactive? What is up with that name? Stay away from the Wilson Denver Broncos.
Speaker 7: I don't like that at all. But they're going to be staying away from this pick. Let's take a look.
Speaker 4: Oh another trade very active.
Speaker 2: Oh no, there's been a trade.
Speaker 9: The Arizona Cardinals via the Denver Broncos have traded for Alumis Yewa fashion new offensive tackle Penn State junior, six six, three hundred and seventeen pounds.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Jason, my wife less podcast.
Speaker 7: Is a cardio fanatics. So yes, there was a lot of masculine energy right now.
Speaker 4: Seem to be losing his mind there. So there you go. They go and get an offensive tackle.
Speaker 6: Greg would be disappointed if they just take another tackle. They keep taking tax.
Speaker 8: That's true, but you talked about teams, you know, moving.
Speaker 4: Up to do it, and this seems a little beyond the Cardinals pay grade in terms of football abilities behind the scenes. So they're trading out of the fourth well, they did this last year and then they're trading. They're trading up.
Speaker 8: They have three first round picks.
Speaker 4: This is what this is what I predicted they're gonna do it. They're going to overthink this whole thing and end up even though Lance didn't seem so hot about Marvin Harrison, they're gonna instead of getting a superstar wide receiver for Kyler Murray finally seeing once and for all if that guy is the truth, forever and ever, we're gonna end up with an offensive lineman not even the projected number one.
Speaker 8: I understand your ire, but let's let the process play out.
Speaker 4: So lack of trust.
Speaker 7: But I think also, like Monty Austin, Ford is a very different world than what we were frowning on about the Cardinals. For a long time, and I think actually last draft he had one of the savviest drafts. And I think he shows right here that he can move up and down board and do what he needs to do.
Speaker 8: Because they got the next pick too.
Speaker 4: All right, oh, number thirteen, the Cardinals on the board.
Speaker 8: And here is what they do at number thirteen. Let stay right home.
Speaker 9: Another trade. The Arizona Cardinals via the.
Speaker 10: Las Vegas Raiders have traded for Laatu Latu Edge UCLA senior six five, two hundred and sixty five bounds.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I think no, I think we are.
Speaker 8: He seems to lose it, Jason.
Speaker 5: He likes that better than the tackle. You got a.
Speaker 8: Tackle, you got an edge.
Speaker 7: Those are two of the more expensive positions to try to stock, so you got them both on rookie contracts.
Speaker 4: Very nice. Are you aware that you win titles in the trenches? I think that could be there's an argument for that.
Speaker 5: Thank you, good value there too, Love Latto.
Speaker 4: That is I came up with that you win in the trenches.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna let Greg announce this one because he's this is his.
Speaker 4: Pets team, his team. Okay, the number fourteen pick in the first round.
Speaker 6: I think that Saints fans will be happy that they didn't have to trade up to take their tackle. Polis Fuyaga from Oregon State. Some people think might move inside to guard, but Saints need help everywhere.
Speaker 7: Little Chalky though, because everyone thinks they're gonna take a tackle, but I think they are and they seed to do it all every year.
Speaker 4: Now, as a football fan, I'm gonna say, here's the thing about the first round picks. When you go get the tackle. It's so important obviously to have stability at those positions, especially left tackle, but you never come out of the first round like pump in your fist. It's like, not only is it not a glory position when you have a first round pick and you take a tackle. They are, I mean all positions are, but they're so boom and bust, these big men. And maybe maybe he's a player, maybe he's out a league in three years. Hopefully you're not gonna like than Dan, because there could be like seven in the first round. I probably won't and a lot of people think, like a guy like Fuaga, he might have been tackle one in last year's class, that there's four or five of these guys that would have no you know, I invented the saying championships are won in the trenches, so don't don't get it mixed up. Yes, I understand the importance of tea. I mean, but the excitement level when your team takes a tackle is it's usually a little muted. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yes, they They also traded up just two years ago in the first round for Trevor Penning uh, an individual who they would refuse to play no matter how many tackles got injured last year, so they actually had given up a first round pick that turned into a top ten pick that was Jalen Carter and their second round pick this year. They're still paying for that trade and they need to fill the spot. So that was a disastrous trade for the Saints.
Speaker 4: Tricky, tricky, limis tricky, tricky, tricky.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 4: Up next, Oh my goodness, more business being done.
Speaker 8: Absolute.
Speaker 7: I think this is going to be wild, And that's what I'm trying to plug into here. The Cults sit at fifteen, but something happens. Let's go to the tape.
Speaker 12: Sub losers have a trade. The Los Angeles Rams have acquired the fifteenth overall pick from the Colts, who moved to nineteen and get some other shit do. With the fifteenth pick in the twenty twenty four NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select Texas linebacker Byron Murphy the second and I can confirm that this is a thousand percent accurate because Cessler is never wrong.
Speaker 3: Miss you guys.
Speaker 4: It came so easily off the tongue calling us losers.
Speaker 6: Natural organic, and that's why I feel bad for, you know, doing something I would do if Ricky was here. Right there, just pointing out maybe one thousand percent was a little high in terms of the accuracy because Byron Murphy is a defensive tackle, not a linebacker or more of an interior pass right he is, Dan, I mean.
Speaker 4: She's not here to defend herself. And yet Greg, you take it.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying for the show, I thought she did a lot of good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought I enjoyed it. I liked though user by Erica Tay, I loved it. And yet you come off the top just as you do with her.
Speaker 5: You have information.
Speaker 7: Tick, which is annoying multiple people. But Byron Murphy in a post Aaron Donald world, like this is one guy watching he would fit And I could see the Rams. Now they got this first round pick, like, we're going to do a little something.
Speaker 6: I feel like they're going to do something, whether it's trade back, trade up, that's what the Rams do.
Speaker 4: I like the idea of FM picks continuing in perpetuity for the Rams and never picking the first ever again. But this would end that streak. It has been since Jared Goff. Jared Goff, it's like thirty four, not thirty four, but he's like thirty thirty two years old and absurd the last time that the Rams took at number one in the draft. Okay, here we go. Now we move to number sixteen. Now what's going on.
Speaker 8: Mark, Well, we have another trade.
Speaker 6: Jesus, it says nine trades in the last thirteen picks.
Speaker 4: You got a little it's gonna here now with the trades.
Speaker 7: No, it calms down a little bit from here. But I think there's gonna be a lot of movement the Seahawks. You know, I thought I kind of thought in my own little world that maybe there was a universe where they maybe took Michael Pennox junior here, but that no. But even in general, they're willing to move the Falcons who went down with that Chiefs trade. They want to come back up and do what they were gonna do before, and they take one of my favorite players in the draft, Jared Verse edge from Florida State.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 8: A total headache.
Speaker 7: He's gonna he's gonna that Jonathan Abraham situation and throw it up to Jonathan Abraham.
Speaker 4: The Curse of John Abraham. Folks, it's been a decade. If John Abraham's on your team, you will go at least ten years immediately after his departure without having a proven edge rusher. And they're looking to stop that with Jared Verse. All right, number seventeen.
Speaker 8: All right, some of these get a little more normalized.
Speaker 7: So the Jacksonville Jaguars, they're happy to take the first cornerback off the board and they choose Terry and Arnold from Alabama.
Speaker 8: Good player.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that cornerback is slipping a little bit better. Bean Mitchell not been drafted, But I feel.
Speaker 5: Like it's possible.
Speaker 4: I feel like it seems possible, and I do feel like the Jaguars would be thrilled to have either one of those guys faults. And you know, I do have to say that they are a team that could use a little offensive right now, right off the way last year ended and losing Calvin Ridley, a guy.
Speaker 6: I would think Brian Thomas junior if the board felt like this would be a consideration.
Speaker 5: At least for the absolutely no old makes sense.
Speaker 4: I think Jaguars fans would maybe be a touch mift if they don't come out of this with a weapon for Lawrence.
Speaker 8: But well, we know the down pick. Trent Balki's gonna do what he needs to do. We know that.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, all right?
Speaker 4: Next up the Cincinnati Bengals at eighteen.
Speaker 7: But the Bengals could go a couple of different ways here. They seem like a dark horse not to trade, but they I kind of thought they maybe were a perfect fit for someone like Brock Powers, but I don't think. I think at this point it is not going to them. Maybe a wide receiver, but they go Troy Patano interior offensive line. Washington considered by PFF the best overall athlete among the offensive line and very versatile.
Speaker 8: Play a number of different positions.
Speaker 7: I know they attacked offensive a line a lot in free agency a couple of years ago, but it didn't completely work out. And I don't know what's more important than making sure you don't lose Joe Burrow to injury number six.
Speaker 6: So that's what Look, no one's better at stepping up in the pocket than Joe Burrow. So you want to have a nice firm pocket like that, like that choice.
Speaker 8: You want to supple pocket and nice and firm, supple in firm.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, all right, that's good. I like that pick solid makes sense. I feel like they've been working on that line since uh burrows second season and maybe this guy brings the total step.
Speaker 6: They have plenty of needs, so they can go in a lot of direct Yeah, they do. Like guys from like teams from big schools that just played in the playoff game like that is very much often from the SEC that is their mo all right, next, all.
Speaker 7: Right, remember this is where the Cults are sitting at nineteen after the trade with the Rams.
Speaker 5: Who could they need?
Speaker 7: They have an absolute they have an absolute need. They have a very young secondary and I think they're very happy to have Queny and Mitchell wow Aldo cornerback. One of the best zone coverage guys in the league fall to them. They don't have a lot of it, like veteran presence there. They just need some solid guys they know that can produce out of the gate.
Speaker 8: They hope it's true with him.
Speaker 6: They are like team athleticism, team just take measurables and see what happens. They did it with their second round pick Juju Brent at cornerback last year. I feel like they need weapons, but they certainly could use a cornerback too. This feels like value. This is number twelve, the number twelve prospect and Daniel Jeremiah's big board, So I think there's I think if you are a team that is looking at this top of the draft for defensive players, this sets up very well for you this year. So because there's gonna be big time guys coming out of this draft. I'm playing defense and everyone's focused elsewhere, so maybe you get some guys at other years now, Guys like Micah Parsons. Not that anyone knew he was gonna beat Michael Parsons, but he was a pretty highly touted prospect throughout college and into the draft. And you remember that draft was like all offense and quarterbacks going early and right Parsons falling off.
Speaker 7: The eighteen teams of the nineteen that passed on TJ. Watt when it made sense not to do that.
Speaker 4: There's a lot to learn from studying these past drafts. All right, now, the Steelers are up at twenty and we have a run. We have a certified run on defensive backs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they didn't pass on TJ.
Speaker 7: Watt when they knew they shouldn't, and they are not going to pass on one of the more interesting players in the draft. This feels like such a Steelers player as dropping knees nuts already. But Cooper Degen cornerback kind of Iowa. He can do a little bit of everything. And this is a team that knows that special teams is gonna matter more than ever before. They did get Cornero Patterson, but they also know that Cooper Degen is one of the more dangerous returnment in the league. And the kickoff rules changed and they you remember that Mike Tomlin used to go for two pointers more than anyone when that first became an option and started like this guy likes to push the envelope little more than people realize.
Speaker 8: Dejean is a perfect Steelers type player.
Speaker 6: I think it's an interesting to fit with a guy he has been compared to decent him out Mike Mika Fitzpatrick. You put those two guys in the same defensive backfield, even if Dejeane is at at corner or slock corner.
Speaker 4: Like, is that crowd applauding a white cornerback going in the first round could.
Speaker 8: Be steel belt crowd?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's breaking he's breaking boundaries. You know, let's let your athletes stay at cornerback no matter who they are.
Speaker 4: We should have Jason Seahorn on hand to make the pick if it happens. All right, moving up, Oh no, just when we thought we were done with trades.
Speaker 8: You got a trade.
Speaker 4: Yep. How many trades we got? And what is the record? La research? We need to dig in on that.
Speaker 7: This would be the record, I would believe by by quite a stretch. The Dallas Cowboys like finally, like now they've said we're all in on the draft, just the offseason, we're all in on the track.
Speaker 8: They've stirled around and said that.
Speaker 7: Now that's true, but they'd have to do something here and they want to. You know, Greg, you're hearing little whispers and birdies and butterflies tell you that people are trading up for offensive tackles. JC Latham out of Alabama, I think this is where they go.
Speaker 8: They you know you've lost Tyrens.
Speaker 7: They want to keep building the offensive line, and I think this is a logical safe pick for them.
Speaker 5: Six six, three hundred and sixty pounds.
Speaker 6: I love that, like Joe All is such a freak that Jacy Latham really hasn't gotten much attention for being this big, this massive. Not going to say it's Tyron Smith vibes, but just like physically, I think they'd love to keep Tyler Smith to a guard, which they could in this.
Speaker 4: Did they get the best years of Tyron Smith? Probably? Could he have played another three or four years at a high level potentially, But perhaps the smart move is to move on, hit on somebody you really like in the first round, and then you have a true bridge and a young tackle to protect Dak or whomever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wonder if they could trade up, like you say, Mark, and then you get the right player, right team.
Speaker 4: But it's just in a different spot. But you do get credit for that, ah Okay, credit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if it's in the first round, if you got the right team player and they trade up for Latham at fifteen or something, you get credit.
Speaker 4: I think credit is an important word. I think what Mark is looking for in many ways is credit, and that's there's a little bit right there electric credit for it.
Speaker 8: I agree that will levis getting points for that.
Speaker 7: Last year was probably just this is this is such a loss of a little craft that we're just trying to throw this guya some sort of.
Speaker 4: I got a nine year old coming for you all right up next the twenty second pick, and oh my god.
Speaker 7: So the Eagles are sitting here, and I think the Cowboys kind of thought, we're not going to get hopscotched by the Eagles for an offensive linement of any sort, and so that's sort of what motivated and we see them do with that to each other on right before. But the Eagles are open for business and we have a trade.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable the number of trades, the.
Speaker 6: Sheer number of it will be seventeen trades in the end, okay.
Speaker 8: And so what what triggers trades on draft?
Speaker 7: I think it can be like logic, smart, you fell in love with someone, or you're a little bit desperate, and the bills are like, we can't sit around deep farther down in this first round, there's a number of guys that go for but they go for eighty Mitchell texas wide receiver, great route runner, or red zone menace. They've had red zone issues at times in the past. I think this is a sexy additional weapon for Josh Allen and friends.
Speaker 6: The conventional wisdom is Howie Roseman is not picking twenty two.
Speaker 5: He's either going to move up.
Speaker 6: He's either going to move down, but he's not gonna move I don't know what that means. I mean, if the right player was there, I guess. I guess then he would move up. Eighty Mitchell is maybe among the most divisive players in this draft. Some people think he could be a true number one, like a top ten type of talent, but some questionable effort, some questionable profile. Kind of reminds me of George Pickens coming out a little bit. But George Pickens, Oh, you guys say, Chase Claypool.
Speaker 4: It look here's from Jeremiah's top fifty. It looks like he gets a little at times on the backside of routes assuming the balls going elsewhere. He doesn't have a ton of production after the catch. Overall, though Mitchell is an ideal X receiver. He can make plays when covered and he's like weapon.
Speaker 7: You're also replaced one headache potentially with another.
Speaker 6: And that's that's smart in to be clear, Like, I don't think there's any off field like major concerns. It's just like a lot of people saying like he kind of gives half speed on half these routes.
Speaker 4: And he talked about that too, And that's nice that you brought that up. Greg, that's important. You want to be fair to these young men.
Speaker 5: I always worry when.
Speaker 6: I always worry when you're on a college team and the other guy is clearly better than you and then you.
Speaker 5: Get taken ahead of that guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this guy would be Xavier Worthy, who really was kind of the one at Texas.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take a break. Let's take a break, and we will finish the first round of the mock Sessler Mark draft. Hell, can you take me on the draft board.
Speaker 6: I think moving up the studio audience.
Speaker 5: With some drinks was a good idea.
Speaker 4: They al wait a lot, give it up. If you're sloshed.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm a.
Speaker 5: Wicked pissed.
Speaker 4: All right, where were we?
Speaker 8: We just heard twenty three?
Speaker 4: Now the unthinkable that the Bills would go for mister Mitchell out of Texas. So now it is the Cardinals via the Minnesota Vikings from Cleveland through Houston. Hikes. Allright, the Cardinals, what do they do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: An these drunken Cardinals fans all up in arms that they took, you know, an offensive lineman in an edge, and yeah, where's this thing that we all want a little fantasy plaything. So let's see what they do here.
Speaker 9: Rise up red Sea. We're not done yet. Growth with the twenty third pick in the NFL Draft of the year, four, the Arizona Cardinals via Minnesota Vikings from Cleveland through Houston. Brian Thomas wide receiver ls U junior, six ' four, two hundred and five pounds.
Speaker 4: Come to us. Brian Tolas, I like how some like he's very important that he gets in the measurables there he gets the weight.
Speaker 7: I know why this happened because I sent him just at because I have all that stuff here.
Speaker 8: I sent him the name and the measurables.
Speaker 7: And like he he also was injecting incredible Zumbwalt energy there.
Speaker 8: But he was very.
Speaker 6: Meticulous of this would be exciting. If you come away with three first round picks again to tackle, that would be rising than me, but lot to my favorite edge Thomas.
Speaker 5: You know I would give this an a give it an a to I think.
Speaker 8: You'd have to. We don't know.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't have a big problem with adding a great tackle in the draft at any at any point next year.
Speaker 4: We should see what else we could put on the page and see if Jason just keeps reading on and on and on, I mean, hometown favorite food.
Speaker 7: I think he's got genuine passion for the concept of these picks.
Speaker 8: You can feel it, and especially their body.
Speaker 4: All right. Up next the twenty fourth pick, it's Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 7: All right, the Dolphins some overt needs on defense, and they love what's happened to them here, and and Greg loves it too because it's attached to a sandwich related prop.
Speaker 8: They go Johnny Newton defensive lineman Illinois.
Speaker 6: With the listeners love it too because this was a rain maker that Peter Schrager's tweet completely dismissed that he's getting taken.
Speaker 4: By so I would be so little ros v Schrager. Christ is that up here that I like? No, it's just it's not no, it's yes. Well, according to these latest mock drafts, like he's fallen out of a lot of these, and I'm sticking.
Speaker 5: I'm sticking with my guy, sticking with and so is Mark.
Speaker 4: Mark's playing to Greg a little bit, which is.
Speaker 7: Well, no, but like I I don't agree that, like I'm seeing no one else.
Speaker 5: No, he's he's sort of all.
Speaker 6: Over the place where like some people have him in the top fifteen, some of them out.
Speaker 4: Of the top four. Would you take Greg on the sanguine No.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say, I'm not because I'm not.
Speaker 7: That's it's it chows no internal fortitude to go back on the sandwich prop.
Speaker 8: I'll stick with it.
Speaker 7: But the more research I did on him after that conversation, good, I would not take Greg on it.
Speaker 4: How about that foot injury, that's it's a big man with a foot injury.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's liked is that bad? Like, I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's like player, some players are coming with a couple of weeks of you know, availability questions, then they're awesome.
Speaker 4: Jason would tell you that he's six foot two, two hundred and ninety five pounds, bad foot for a big man.
Speaker 8: Look, yeah, you'd have to look into that.
Speaker 4: As OJ once said, look out all right, Number twenty five the Green Bay Packers staying home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they do, and they you know, they take a Marius Mims offensive tackle out of Georgia. That's a need for them, Like, they can't mess around with that.
Speaker 6: They're perfect for taking one of these kind of not project tackles, but guys that maybe you don't have to play him day one. There's a few of them at this part of the draft. Tyler Geitton is another with just crazy physical skills. Again, guys who I have a feeling if they were in either of the previous two drafts would have gotten taken much higher.
Speaker 4: Hm. I believe that they will add a defensive player in the first round, but we'll see. Sure makes a lot of sense. Sure to me, finally starting over with a new DC, they need some more talent on that side of the ball. But obviously adding a tackle with high, high ceiling Marius Mims makes sense. Number twenty six the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 7: I think the Bucks could go in a number of different I kind of messed around with this pick a lot where I have them doing. You know, they've lost a little bit of veterans in the secondary. They go Nate Wiggins cornerback out of Clemson.
Speaker 4: M M.
Speaker 8: Todd, Bowl's still in control.
Speaker 6: Lanky, lanky, six to two fade away, Carl Fon Davis certainly have in need.
Speaker 4: Fills a need. And yes Todd does have a loud voice in that root well, Todd never has a loud voice. Todd gets his message across right.
Speaker 8: Carry some Weight.
Speaker 4: Number twenty seven, Denver Broncos.
Speaker 7: So the Broncos, you know, they kind of bailed on their were unable to fulfill their quests to move up for a quarterback.
Speaker 8: And because it's the war.
Speaker 7: Room is a little down about the whole thing. The fan base is wondering if there's any vision for the future. But what's happened here is you could say there's some value. This is a quarterback with a lot of experience. Bonnicks from Oregon falls right into the laps. Sean Payton's like, you know what, I like this because we absolutely needed a quarterback and this is someone that kind of injects some future hope. It gives Sean Payton someone to work with and buys every one a little bit of time.
Speaker 6: I want to see Sean Payton with like an exciting quarterback, which Bonix doesn't really.
Speaker 5: Qualify as but a lot of those guys are gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, though, that would be six quarterbacks here in the first round.
Speaker 5: Always a little worry. So if you get number six.
Speaker 4: Right, that's sure. This feels like when you're reaching for a position rather than best player on the boards.
Speaker 6: It hasn't handled pressure necessarily very well, but you know, not accurate.
Speaker 4: That's not an issue in the NFL, though, because the play the game slows down from college to the pros. So I feel like bo will do just fine. All right. Next the number twenty eight pick, Mark, it is.
Speaker 7: The Eagles, and I think that Howie Roseman, this is just kis met. This seems to happen to them a lot on draft day. Graham Barton, one of the most versatile offensive linemen in a post Jason Kelsey world, can plug right into that line and be a nasty He's from Duke, He's a senior, considered one of the most intelligent smart dudes around, like a pre snap genius. So you can plug right into that offense, and you.
Speaker 5: Know when he gets it, he gets it.
Speaker 6: I gotta give Mark, this is a marriage I have not seen predicted out there, and it just it makes right sense.
Speaker 5: He nailed this one.
Speaker 6: He also nailed the Ady Mitchell Bill's pick because that is the one pick him and Walker agreed with on it.
Speaker 8: There you go, just coming together.
Speaker 4: And rest assured. No matter who the Eagles pick, they will be universally lauded as incredible uh purveyors of talent and vision because the idea of the Eagles ever making the wrong decision, it's just impossible. So great job, even though they haven't made the pick yet, whether it is this particular lineman, whoever it is, it could be a punter.
Speaker 5: I love that for the Eagles.
Speaker 4: That is exactly what you will hear from all the football nerds. Thank you for your up ed have once again done it. They have seen what no one else can see. As you can see that lobby filled with Lombardi trophies. They have done it. So congratulations. Let me be the first to congratulate the Eagles on an amazing night one of the draft. Put them on my winner list. That's how you earn respect in the industry.
Speaker 5: I mean, hit him with the Lombardi trophies. They haven't been to two Super Bowls and one one in the last six years. That's pretty good. That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Sure, I mean six plus fifty one. Yeah, I'm just saying there's one in the lobby. Okay. We treat them as if they're the eighties Niners and nineties Cowboys and the two thousands Patriots rolled into one wealth. My goodness, great job. And now now I'm gonna get buried by the Let me tell you something else called off of course you are. How about the Knicks? How about your sixers?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Here we go with m beav with this head down in the locker room. Oh, I guarantee we're gonna win this year. Pick your head up, be a leader, got a loser team.
Speaker 7: I expect Philadelphia's multiple fan bases to respond to what you've just said over the last minute.
Speaker 4: Now I acknowledge that that now it feels personal.
Speaker 8: It feels felt from the first, and it had for a while.
Speaker 4: It hadn't been truly personal until this moment, and now it is. So sorry, guys, but this is the way it is.
Speaker 7: Up next, the Detroit Lions, and I've seen a couple like whispers that they're open to. You can't just a trading out of this pic. What are you talking about? The draft is in Detroit, you gotta know how to lather and work this crowd.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 8: You can't.
Speaker 7: You're not passing on the frame. And they they do look at they need it. They need help in the secondary and they've kind of needed it forever. But kool aid McKinstry, I have here from Alabama, right, we trust those Alabama players, and I thought that that organization will too.
Speaker 4: Closest thing you'll get to, uh like an NFL team is that that football machine down there.
Speaker 5: You feel like this might be the pick.
Speaker 6: The fewest people in the NFL mock draft community get right, just because it's so late in the first round and they just don't value players the same way that other teams do. They they said that as much as press conference. They kind of they and they like it and it's been working. I mean, Jack Jack Campbell didn't exactly work so far, but Jamiir gaves Jack camp I just look at where they took players last year.
Speaker 5: No one was seeing those coming.
Speaker 4: You sorry that you're set up. There was what with the lines that they will do something.
Speaker 7: No, No, there was there. I've just seen some like little things here and there that they would.
Speaker 4: Be laid out in Detroit. Is he gonna walk. No, no, he's not there. Now, I don't think they're going to take a guy that's not gonna walk.
Speaker 7: Well, they're they're not gonna get guys the board.
Speaker 4: Whoever's there, whoever's left of that fourteen. Darius Robinson is a strong in this scenario. He would still be on the board.
Speaker 6: He he's the one that kind of stuck out as why is why is he there? Just because he might have to wait through the first round?
Speaker 8: I see where you go.
Speaker 4: That would be if I could add a sandwich prop that the Lions will take a player that walks.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'll allow it. I would too, fully hopefully our friend doing the site is this.
Speaker 4: Can we do it? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I want your sandwich?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What what the hell?
Speaker 5: All right, that's good, I'm taking you up.
Speaker 4: The Lions take a player that walks because they have eliminated their draft board. This is gonna be very down to fourteen players.
Speaker 5: When we get to pick twenty nine.
Speaker 4: All right, it's a big deal for the Lions, the host, and they're not gonna do the thing where All right, now, let's throw it live to satellite to you know.
Speaker 8: Kool Aid's house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's San Jose like. No. They want the moment, they want the rock hug, they want the whole thing, and they have limited their draft board as a result.
Speaker 8: That marries up with my theory that they're not trading out of the pick.
Speaker 4: Is it smart? No, I think it's foolish in fact, But it's about the celebration as much as anything else this year.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, all right, noted Ravens at thirty.
Speaker 7: They have a lot of different needs, but offensive line is one of them, and there's still going offensive line in here. They take Tyler Geiden tackle Oklahoma, six seven, three and twenty eight, slightly larger than the three of us put together, in a like a large par lap sack, like a large man.
Speaker 5: I think that's savvy.
Speaker 4: You're like a big guy.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they need to start planning for a post Ronnie Stanley. They have a lot of a lot of needs, and I've had a lot of injuries in the offensive line.
Speaker 5: That makes sense.
Speaker 6: While we're here, Yes, there was some news. I'm not even gonna call it breaking news. Okay, we're noting that the Ravens just extended Rashad Bateman, their first round pick from a few years ago for a couple extra seasons. A little surprising, but that shows they both believe nicely done.
Speaker 4: Greg is co host here to hold off on sharing that until we get to the Ravens. So it's all part of one. It's all a greater hole.
Speaker 8: Yeah, seamless production.
Speaker 4: I'm not just looks Bimbo all right? Number thirty one, all.
Speaker 7: Right, San Francisco, forty nine ers. Now, I the one thing that I almost did in this Bimbo.
Speaker 4: We kind of lost Bimbo. It's kind of gone. It had a nice run, though it's out there.
Speaker 6: With beat which we Kimbo either comes into the mix every once in a while.
Speaker 7: Now, I think that there's a world where Brandon Aiyuk could be traded. And they moved way up the sport, but it was getting a little rich with all the business, so I had them staying home here taking Chop Robinson the edge from Penn State, and if you go back and look at because I was looking at Blake Horn a little bit like the game where Michigan played Penn State and it ran the ball thirty times in a row at one point, was because of Chop Robinson blowing up the tackle position and causing all sorts of havock largely because of that, and so they were like, we're just going to get back to nineteen twenties basic football and destroy you up the middle.
Speaker 6: Explosive trades. Guy, that's what forty nine ers like, and they sneaky, kneed edge. It's a little surprising kind of keep.
Speaker 4: Populating that a little bit around both so last year that.
Speaker 7: They could go tackle too. Maybe, but we'll see. I'm going at chure.
Speaker 4: Makes all the sense in the world. Mark and the final pick of the first and I think it's fitting. I think it's fitting given the absolute madness of acquisitions and moving up and down the board, that we end with a trade.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like at some point four teams will have owned the thirty second pick. It started with the Chiefs, then the Falcons, then the Seahawks, and now this happens.
Speaker 11: No, there has been a trade. The New England Patriots are now selecting thirty second and the pick is Lad McConkey wide receiver Georgia.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is gonna be a Frank Camvy staff that is traveling for our audio listeners.
Speaker 4: Most things to great honor or. I believe you're a batman mask. Yep, We're not for sure, but it seemed like I presumed to be offspring with him in a Spider Man mask.
Speaker 8: Yes, that that was confirmed Offspring.
Speaker 4: Thank you to Connor, Jason, Ricky, Hollywood, everyone that helped contribute it to the picks. Well done and uh.
Speaker 6: And well done by the Patriots. You know, you can take bell Check out of the building, but you can't take their appreciation or versatile white wide receivers.
Speaker 7: You know, though you have Drake May and Laden McConkie that takes the pella offense in the league and it makes you think differently.
Speaker 4: That's the that's the opportunity that the Patriots have. The number thirty two pick is a very popular trade pick because it's the last pick of the draft where you can lock in a player with that fifth year option.
Speaker 8: And that matters, Greggy if you really.
Speaker 4: Love a guy.
Speaker 6: Famously Lamar Jackson with the second of the Ravens two first round picks that year, they took Hayden Hurst.
Speaker 8: I think they ordered those correctly.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable and Mark, you are unbelievable. Now we could. I could throw flowers at you, I could hand you a lollipop, but that doesn't why because the draft hasn't happened yet. So all I could say, and Greg, I think you would agree here is Mark has done the work this spring and he is whether or not he he succeeds, whether or not you know. And again apology with Lance. We brought him on as a guest, and to hang up on you is just straight disrespectful, Greg, Greg bringing in a nine year old to challenge you directly to us night not to that that feels like it's against the greater goal to lift you up, to lift up atm Yes, to give us a bigger platform. But I just want to say, great job, great work, and I hope that you set records this year.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 7: I you know, I understand the heat coming from outlets old and young, because I think they sense there's a little bit of danger here. There's a little bit of foundational rattling about to happen if this goes the way that.
Speaker 6: I that I know where yeah, and I just want you to know, you know where I come from, Western Massachusetts. A lot of time you show love by here we gotten balls, you know, by just like mercilessly trying to take other people down.
Speaker 4: That's how we start, but you have a certain way about you that maybe he's been a little different than some of the others in Western messages.
Speaker 5: Now you should you should come brutal.
Speaker 4: No, I will not go all right, Eric, How you doing back there behind the glass at pay doing great? How are you guys great? I do want to point out that I was scheduled to announce the Bill's first round pick, but Mark totally left me out. There was a trade.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I did forget about that. Would you like to No, No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't, okay, I don't.
Speaker 5: It was eighty Mitchell the Bill out of the pen. I was here. Thanks, I'm just messing with you, Mark, I really didn't.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, yes, that did slip the uh, that slipped a lot of elements.
Speaker 4: And it's fine. I just I had nothing to say, and sometimes it was Etp's chance to shine, and that was that was.
Speaker 7: If you had nothing to say, then I made the correct decision in the end.
Speaker 6: So you mark anything else, not until uh we're back after round one.
Speaker 4: Yes, m yeah, no. Live stream this year is what it is, and I'll say nothing more. But we do have the big show tomorrow night. Immediately at the end of round one. We will be recording our reaction to round one of the twenty twenty four NFL Draft, So make sure you are you know, keep your phone in your hand. Whatever device you use to ingest podcast, probably your phone. Just stare at it and then think, what do you think, Eric about? We're gonna try to get it up about I don't know. Let's see the first round ends at about eleven Eastern something like that. We're gonna want to have that up what you know, three hours later from the last pick, figuring we'd give us an hour to talk, give me a little time to edit and post. And yeah, I say four, I say before three hours. That's the goal. Clock me, that's the goal. Yeah. I actually don't do that if it's late. Sorry, no, still late, all right, Thank you everybody for listening. Thank you to Mark Sessler. Thank you to land zero Line. Check out his final mock draft to the draft tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Heed the call, Saint Christospoko Picter Boot