Speaker 1: Hello, Oh my gosh, Wait, is this the world's favoue?
Speaker 2: Gak? This is a get Go?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: Is this shave from Alabama?
Speaker 4: It sure is?
Speaker 2: What's what's going on with you? You know?
Speaker 3: Gak?
Speaker 1: I've been having a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of an existential crisis lately.
Speaker 1: Something's been on my mind for a while, and I haven't talked to anybody about it, and I thought who better to share it with than a get Go? So here I am.
Speaker 4: So I guess, like.
Speaker 1: The short version of the story is I kind of think my ex boyfriend was like a cannibal, but like I'm not. I don't have like proof of that.
Speaker 2: But what is it that makes you believe that he is a cannibal?
Speaker 1: So let me just start kind of from the beginning. Okay, So me and this ex we were both and we're both in medical school together barely stand up guy. You know, we were like kind of basically best friends all through undergrad of college leading up to that year of medical school and last year, you know, we were just close friends whatever, and you know, he asked me out whatever, and within our relationship he was like really into like biting me like on the ear anywhere that I had like a lot of like fad I guess, like my inner size or my stomach area, to the point where it became like kind of like a big issue with the relationship because I would bleed and he would like enjoy like drinking the blood. Like it was so fucking weird, Like I don't know how to quite explain it, and I just thought it was like a weird like kink. And I couldn't really tell any of like my med school friends because they were also like type A and like, you know, I don't know, just like really Southern esque, you know, and I don't know, I just didn't really feel like comfortable talking to them about it, so I just kind of kept it internal, and it just kind of got like really weird, and it just it kind of grows me out. But I just, I don't know, I was stupid, and I just like I was so stressed with school I didn't really have time to like address it, so I just kept it going whatever. And then one day it was like Thanksgiving break and we went to his parents' lake house, just like the two of us, and we both got like super busted drunk, like I don't think we've ever both been that drunk before, and we were just we're like really interested in like serial killers and stuff, you know. So we were just talking about like Ted Bundy and all this crap, and we got on the topic of like like cannibalism because I remember we read about this one guy who like was like on LSD and he just like ripped someone's face off, you know. So we were talking about that and then like he jokingly was I joking. LI said, like would you ever like eat me or something? And he's like, you know what, I'm so glad you brought it up because I've been wanting to for so long. And then I was drunk and he was drunk, so I just kind of like laughed it off. But then he like goes to like detail kind of telling me like how he would do it, and I don't know, at that point, I was kind of scared. Like he was telling me how he would like cut off like my thigh meats, and that kind of reminded me of how he always bites my thigh. And then he told me like he would like to sear it and like put it with soy sauce, and it was just such a vivid detail. It just seemed like he had really thought it out before, you know what I mean, and he just kept going on and on, and then that's what I just kind of got creeped out. And then I was trying to keep my calm, you know. And the next morning I left, and then I just kind of told my close friend everything that was going on, and she like was kind of shocked because like I hadn't told her any of this stuff before that was going on or whatever. And yeah, I kind of ended up just ghosting him. And now I see his face all the time, I mean, not for Arcy school, medical school, and it's just kind of kind of strange.
Speaker 2: You know, when he was telling you that he wanted to eat you, how did you respond to him at first?
Speaker 1: You know, being so drunk, I was just kind of laughing it off, like like just kind of like a nervous giggle, and I just was kind of giving him this confused look. So he kind of kept elaborating to me. I didn't really know how to respond to that, and to be honest, I was kind of out of it, being so like drunk, so I didn't really say anything. And the kind of the crazy thing is is what kind of makes this like theory I guess valid to me? Is he kind of never like like he doesn't talk to me at all. He hasn't talked to our friend group at all anymore. Like he just kind of like I think he's afraid that, Like I'm going to tell people because like if you was joking and being funny about it, go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So you had this night with him where he told you he was going to eat June, And about how long had you been dating him up until that point?
Speaker 4: Three months?
Speaker 1: We were together for about three months.
Speaker 2: We were together for three months, and you said that after that night you just ghosted him. You didn't have any sort of convert you have it. When's the last time you had any sort of contact with this person?
Speaker 1: Well, we don't really probably like why say hi hello, because like we're both like in medical school together and our classes small.
Speaker 2: Okay, so so so so, So this is a person that you still interact with pretty regularly in your classes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's kind of like isolated himself from our entire like friend group. Only one of my friends knows this story, and no one else does to my knowledge at least, What.
Speaker 2: Did your friend tell you to do.
Speaker 1: In response to this, she was, Okay, like I said, all these people that go to my school, like they're very like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Very judgmental about cannibalism.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I don't really necessarily agree with cannibalism myself, but I mean, besides besides that, I would say they're very like conservative.
Speaker 2: Yeah what did What did your friends say when you told her that?
Speaker 1: Basically just oh my gosh, like this is crazy, like you got to break up with him, Like she was really worried for me, so you know, I was worried to I guess seeing how worried she was, so I just followed in that suit, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think that there is is, for sure a reason to worry if a man is uh drinking your blood and telling you he wants to eat you, I think that that is a good situation to get out of. I'm glad to hear it doesn't sound to me like this guy has reached out to you, since he's not like stalking you. He's not texting you a bunch, she's not trying to find you. He's not looking for any sort of closure about the three months you just simply I'm very, very confused at how this whole thing ended, because you are still seeing him day to day and he hasn't like followed up with you. He hasn't been like, hey, let me, let's let's see each other. He hasn't been trying to contact.
Speaker 6: You, no.
Speaker 1: I mean he's given me like stolen glances across like the room and stuff like that. I mean, I've even trying to talk to his best friend who's like within our friend group about it, and he isn't even talking to him at all. So it's like really strange. Like I guess we both kind of goes to each other in a sense. Sure, like he kind of like I like really broke it off like really quick because I was scared in the moment and I really didn't want to address the topic because I was kind of afraid to like know the truth, I guess, and then he, I guess, like I don't know, like he just hasn't talked to me at all since, So it's just kind of awkward between both of us, and I guess I'm wondering like if I should like reach out to him to get that closure. But I'm also a little bit like.
Speaker 4: Scared to do.
Speaker 2: So, Yeah, I don't think you need to reach back out to him. I'm just glad to hear that he I mean, how long has it been since you, uh, since he told you he wanted to eat you?
Speaker 1: This was like over Thanksgiving break this past year.
Speaker 2: Oh, this was a while ago. This was a long time ago. Okay, yeah, this was a long time right, all right, So this was a long time ago. And in these past seven months he has not tried to contact you and tried to say anything to you anything like that.
Speaker 1: Now, but it's still super awkward him being like.
Speaker 2: I would I would share, I would share, I would let this go. I don't think you should. I don't. I have no fucking idea what's up with this guy? You have no fucking idea with Nobody has any idea what's up with this guy? As long as he's not trying to you, continue to talk to you, or like, you know, uh, be involved with you. I think you just let this let this go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm glad that I'm kind of stewing myself in the right direction, so I.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it for sure. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer Shai.
Speaker 1: No, but I really love your show. I think you're doing an awesome job and gek forever man than doing this Man, I appreciate it. Yeah YouTube man by.
Speaker 2: Gotts tell us, Okay, let's see what do you do when a person says that they want to eat you? That is a weird situation because, on one hand, if a person says that they want to eat you and she's all, she's over here, like is he joking? Is he like, what the fuck? I'm over here like is he joking? Is he like? What the fuck? I don't know. I have no fucking idea. I'm glad you share that with us. This is one of those calls, and I get a lot of these calls. Again, this show is not about giving advice. This show is about being a gecko and talking to people on the phone. I have no idea what the fuck to do. That's a crazy situation. I'm glad that it's been seven months. Although what I'm a little scared of is is it possible that he fucking found some other girl to drink her blood and that's why he's not talking to Shay anymore. But I don't know. I don't know if Shay needs to get all involved in this, and you know what, before we move on. I don't take a lot of stands on this show, you know. I don't talk a lot about the issues. I try to just you know, be a gecko and kind of hang out. But I'm gonna take stand on this one. I'm gonna say right here, right now. I do not support eating other people. Pigs, cows, chickens, eat the fuck out of those things, but not people. Someone said, what if it's consensual cannibalism. I don't know. I believe, and I think most people believe this, that you should be able to do You should be able to do whatever you want in life as long as you're not hurting other people. So if two adults make the conscious decision with their bodies, with their souls of sound mind, to eat each other, man, we live in a world with so many questions. Let's talk to some people on the phone. Hello, Gek, Hi is this Andy?
Speaker 4: It is? What's up? Gek?
Speaker 2: Now much? What's going on with you? Andy? Not much?
Speaker 4: Dude? All right, So listen, I uh me and this girl broke up like five six months ago, right yep, and we stayed friends for the majority of that, and then maybe a week ago, she messages me tells me she wants to go to contact, she needs time to heal, needs me to like be her ex for a minute, Like okay, cool, Yeah, that's fine communication, h right, And two days after that, she shows up to my house unannounced to hang out with my grandmother. Well I'm not home. That's that's weird, right.
Speaker 2: She came to your house to hang out with your grandmother while you were not home.
Speaker 4: M Like, she gave her a birthday card and like whatever, that's nice, But she wasn't that close with my grandma to begin with, So, like what, I'm trying to understand the logic behind it, if there's any.
Speaker 2: She wasn't that close with your with your grandma to begin with.
Speaker 4: No, like they talked on the phone sometimes. She maybe accompanied me there twice for the year we were together.
Speaker 2: Why do you think she is continuing this relationship with your grandma?
Speaker 4: Personally? I think it's to get under my skin. But it's a weird situation. And what was she going to do if I had been home?
Speaker 2: Have you talked to your grandma about this and that it's bothering you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I tried to my grandma is this sweet little old Christian lady, like she is a gem of this earth. So she's not like slighted about it. And I try to tell her. I'm like, look, I don't want her around. I'd rather you didn't talk to her. I don't want her to have access to my wife. And she's like, well, I'm gonna still talk to her. So I don't know. It's weird. It puts me in a weird spot.
Speaker 2: And have you talked to your ex about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And she gas lit me into thinking I was absolutely crazy for being bothered by it, told me she was gonna do whatever the fuck she wanted to go cry about it. And then I was like, okay, well stay away from me and my family, like you crossed the boundary. I'm not cool with it, Like I'm I'm just cutting ties. And when we ended the phone call, she said, Okay, well, when I'm on the verge of suicide, I'm not gonna call you. Okay, call a hotline, like what, don't call me?
Speaker 2: Andy? Does your grandmother live with you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I currently live with my grandmother.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you live with your grandmother?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you're twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yes, we broke up right before we were supposed to renew our lease and I didn't have any other plans.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, no, no judgment. I'm trying to figure out your situation there, because clearly the next step is, uh to move out of your grandma's house. Oh for sure, what is your plan to do that?
Speaker 4: I'm looking at like little one bedrooms. Thing is I have a pitbull and some places are like really restrictive on breathe. It's in the works. It's just a matter of getting everything kind.
Speaker 3: Of set in motion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you should move out of your grandma's house. As far as what to do in the meantime, you might have to just deal with it in the meantime because if you've talked to your ex and she's not receptive to your feelings about how it's a boundary crosser, and you've talked to your grandma and she's not receptive about your feelings about how it's a a boundary crosser, then the next move is to go, well, guys, have fun together. I'm gonna go have absolutely nothing to do.
Speaker 4: With this, right, just kind of removing from the situation altogether.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, And it sounds like you are on the trajectory towards moving out, and in the meantime you might just have to fucking deal with it if you've already expressed to both of these parties that it's not cool, and neither of them have been receptive to that, Right.
Speaker 4: I just I think it's just weird. Like I've never broken up with someone and then went to go hang out with their family, Like weird?
Speaker 2: Would you if like their grandma was really cool?
Speaker 4: Maybe, but like I would want to have like express consent from my ex to do so, just because I see it as like a heart boundary, Like that's when you break up with someone, you break up with their family.
Speaker 2: Like, well, this is hard because you can express your feelings to both your ex and to your grandma, and then after that they're gonna do what they're gonna do. You can't control the behavior of your grandmother or of your ex, but you can move out and cut contact with both of them to the degree that you need to, and sort of remove yourself from the situation and be like, all right, you guys, have fun. I will be way over there, right. What is your name again, Andy? Andy? Well? Andy, you're not crazy? I'm sorry that this price is making you feel like you are, and I hope that you are successful in moving out of there soon.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Gag of course, man, you have a good night, you too, Yeah, I agree. I think that is a boundary crosser. And I think what's worse is that, you know, every time every single call, I always I'm like, well, okay, did you tell this person this thing that you're saying about them? And he did and both of them were not receptive to it. So at that point, he's just got to get out of there. I don't think he can control what his grandmother does, but I do think that if it's making him uncomfortable that his grandma is keeping in touch with his ex girlfriend, he's expressed that to her. His grandma does not care. I think he does need to throw up his hands and go, well, I'm not in control of what my ex girlfriend does. I'm not in control of what my grandma does. But I am in control of how close I want to be to that shit, and I'm going to choose to be far from it.
Speaker 7: Yep, Hello, how are you good? How you doing doing good? It is this Dan, Yes, it is what's going on Dan.
Speaker 3: Uh not much. I was calling the shows. He told you I was calling.
Speaker 2: About, right, Uh, I say that one more time, MANI.
Speaker 3: Katie obviously told you what I was calling about. Right, Well, what.
Speaker 2: Enough about that? Let you know we're we're here together, you and me. What are you calling about?
Speaker 3: So I've been having this issue ladies with my sexuality. But so I've been in a relationship for about uh like six or seven years now with a girl. And so my co worker, he's kind of new. He came in during COVID like a year and a half ago. His name's Paul with Ah, you know, little Asian guy, and he's a que his health and uh, me and him, you know, we basically not the same. We have had sex, but we pooled around a bit a couple of times. So yeah, my thing is, I'm not really sure what to do at this point because I'm in a serious relationship. Well kind of get some advice.
Speaker 2: Or Okay, so you're in a six year you're in a six year relationship. You let's just I mean, let's just say it. You cheat on your girlfriend?
Speaker 3: Kind of.
Speaker 2: You cheat on your girlfriend, I guess, so yeah, you could say that, are you now? Uh? Thinking to yourself that you are going to break up with your girlfriend and start dating men.
Speaker 3: No, it's more of like, I don't know. I was thinking, I think I can get away with just pooling around with my cowork and no one will find out. I don't know. I'm not comfortable with coming.
Speaker 2: Out and you know, well you're you're asking me if I if I think that, if I think you can get away with it without anyone finding out, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know if to tell you truth, because it's it's a weird situation because I only see him at work. I've never hung out with socially. It's more of like, you know, we've been in like those no pun intending but well.
Speaker 2: Okay before I don't want to hear the punt. But the you are asking me if you can get away with it?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess. I mean, I mean in a you know, in a perfect world.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously the answer to that is you know you can. You can? Yeah, if you wanted to hide it, sure, But uh, are you adverse to telling your girlfriend what happened? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how she would take it. Tell you truth, I mean, if it was with another girl. I mean, I know, necessarily, I mean, I guess I don't know how she would take it either way. I mean, either way it's cheating on her. But if I came to a little with the guy, she might she might flip the fuck.
Speaker 2: Out, she would she might flip the fuck out. Yeah. Why do you think she like flipped the fuck out?
Speaker 3: Because we've talked about, like, you know, getting married and having kids and shit like that. So it's like, no, I know, I'm having sex with men.
Speaker 2: You know. Okay, Well, uh, if you're having sex with guys outside of your relationship, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Well I was gonna say not necessarily sex, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Say okay, Well, I mean, listen, are you do you do you want to get married to this person and have children and whatnot.
Speaker 3: That's the thing I thought I did until until Paul came into my life.
Speaker 2: Okay, and now you're thirty five and you're sort of rediscovering that you might be interested in men.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sorry say that again. I missed that.
Speaker 2: You're thirty five and now you're discovering that you might be interested that it meant.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it's not the first time that I've fooled around men before, but in the past like seven years, haven't. Okay, I'm not saying. I'm not saying I'm against being that. It's just more so, like, you know, I'm from that generation of you know, I don't want to come out as homosexual.
Speaker 2: You know. Okay, so you're just now getting to a point where you would be comfortable coming out as homosexual.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's it's more so along the lines of, like, what shall I tell Paul, my coworker, because he knows I'm in a relationship and he really likes me, and I mean not to you know, not to get too many details, but he's a little ceutie time. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me think about this for like a second. What is important to you?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know, have having fun? I guess really, I mean, I know, I know where you're getting at with that question, but.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not getting anything. I'm trying to get at the truth. What is what are you? What is important to.
Speaker 3: So basically, I mean, I don't know if it's really important to me. I mean, besides my family, I mean, my girlfriend is important to me. I love her, but I know this new uh, this new found love that I'm having with ball it basically I don't know. I really care about him too as well. He's important to me as well well.
Speaker 2: Because here's the thing. Okay, if you're a relationship with your girlfriend, if you're if you're gonna be in a monogamous relationship with a person, uh, if you make that decision that that's what you want to do, yeah, you gotta sacrifice fucking hooking up with other people if you make the decision to being an by anongamous relationship. And you know, man, if you you know, because as you said, you when you were a little bit younger, it sounds like you were less comfortable with your sexuality, but now you're getting more comfortable with it. And if you make the decision that you were like, Okay, I actually don't want to be with my girlfriend anymore. I want to start trying to date men. You know, you're you're a person of your own agency. You should be able to do that. But what what what what is not fair to her is if you do that behind her back. So if that's what you decide you want to do, I think it's okay too. And I make different calls in life.
Speaker 3: I got you off real quick, sure, not to uh just sketch you up, just just so you know, a few years back she did cheat on me, and I forgave her for it. Okay, Now that not to say that that's why I'm doing this. It's just again someone came into my life. Whatever. But I mean that's what I think too. So I think you take it like that and said, hey, now I'm having sex with Paul. Like she'd be like, oh shit, like he did it because I you know, I on her, which she believes I gave her for it, but I did so I don't know if that's like subconsciously forget.
Speaker 2: Dan, Dan, do you love this person.
Speaker 3: Paul?
Speaker 2: Uh? Your girlfriend or my girlfriend?
Speaker 3: I do? I do love her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, do you feel like she loves you?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think so. I mean we talked of like I said, we talk about having a getting married, you know, we basically talk about having kids. But I don't know. Maybe I don't know. I thought she didn't. I think she does. I should say, because.
Speaker 2: Like, and here's the thing this is, this does this doesn't have to be some like crazy catastrophic thing. Just talk to her and I know what you mean. And if you guys really do love each other, talk it out and fucking work it out, you know. Yeah, but she might. She might say. She might, she might say to you and yeah, yeah, it's a scary thing to do. It's a scary thing to have tough conversations with people. It's a scary thing.
Speaker 3: If she might beat me up, dude, I mean, if you knew who she was, so I punched me her in the face, Tilly Drew, I don't want that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dan, she might.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I'm I don't know if you've ever been to Boston, bro, but it's how girls act around here. That's why. That's why I feel bad for Paul though, because Paul sees me talking to her and stuff like that, and you know, and he's always like, no, why don't you have time for me? You know, like, why don't we hang out? Stuff like that? Like what should I say to Paul?
Speaker 2: You don't. I don't worry about Paul right now. You got to deal with what's going on with your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, I mean, yeah, you're right, But at the same time, I really want and I feel like, I'm kind of like leading him on as well. He's openly gay.
Speaker 2: Dan, Dan, if you if you want to pursue a relationship with Paul again, I don't think there's anything wrong with calling an audible in your life, but it's it wouldn't be fair to your girlfriend to do it behind her back, so you need to talk to her about it.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Do you think that you think that she would Uh, she would think that I would cheating on her because of what happened before.
Speaker 2: I have absolutely no idea what she would think. And I think that it would be stupid of us to sit here and speculate about it. And I think that if you really want to find out the answer to that question, you should go find out the answer to that question.
Speaker 3: Oh that's hard, though, it is hard. But so if I if I do do that, yeah, then I mean I'm basically uprooting my life everything I've known the past six seven years. It's true. And now what now?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yes, you would be uprooting your life. You would then be a thirty five single game man.
Speaker 3: Hm, And you think I should instantly like, I mean, I'm pretty sure Paul wants a relationship at this moment. Okay, Like you think I should just know, like ask if you you know, I want to start dating.
Speaker 2: Dan, go talk to your girlfriend about this situation, and then afterwards you can kind of figure out what you're gonna do with Paul.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But that's the thing though, if I, uh, my main thing is like I don't want to blow up that piece if the other piece is gonna work out. Like, honestly, I guess I should start off with more of like what should I do with Paul, because I'm not gonna lie I'm really into Paul.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'm gonna this is the last thing I'm gonna say to you when you say I don't want to blow off that piece in case if the other piece is working out, Dan, you got Dan, you got one chance to live on the fucking universe. Uh, if you're gonna get married to someone, if you're gonna like, if you're gonna like really be with somebody, and you know, this is part of the reason why I I don't I don't have a lot of I haven't had a lot of like, uh, monogamous relationships in my life is because it's a big commitment. Then I you know, it's a whole thing. It's a thing.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's it's ament.
Speaker 2: I'm totally afraid of commitment.
Speaker 3: Oh. I thought it might have to do with the fact that you dress up as a get go.
Speaker 2: It could be something there too, But but Dan, if you're gonna make that commitment, then fucking make it or don't make it? What do you what are you doing being like, oh this if this one doesn't work out, I got this one. It's like, you don't want to be with a person because a thing with a didn't person another person didn't work out. It's not a good reason to be in a relationship. But that's not a good reason to do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I mean, like, I mean, I know people who were married and still like mess around. I mean, it's just I mean, I know it sounds stupid because again I'm a little bit older where times are changing. But it's just different than I'm you know, going after a guy. It's not like another girl, but another girl, I might not I might feel different about it. Just it's different for me to be going after a guy and Paul. I mean, I'm honestly, I hope Paul is listening right now, because I love you, Paul, I really do.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 3: Dan, all right, lady, gega boy.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: I'm not one hundred percent sure if that was a real person, but it doesn't matter. All right, Dan, Dan is an interesting predicament here, Jesus Christ, all right, I don't have anything else to say about Dan. That's about on.
Speaker 7: Hellope, hey the get hi?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 6: Jackson?
Speaker 2: Jackson? What's going on with you?
Speaker 6: I'm showing in my car right now. It actually relates to what I called about.
Speaker 2: Please tell me more.
Speaker 6: So, I don't know where should I start, Like yesterday where I like almost crashed in ninety miles an hour or.
Speaker 2: What did you You tried to say that in like a cool way?
Speaker 6: No, no, actually it was quite terrifying.
Speaker 2: But no, let's start from the beginning. Let's just start. We can start. You want to start.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So basically, I'm a car dude. I love fast cars. I actually build fast cars for work, and I'm like addicted now to weaving in and out of traffic and going like every drive I take, I'm like one twenty like is average?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: I love drifting on the streets like I will take like on ramps fucking sliding.
Speaker 5: But like.
Speaker 6: It's gotten to the point where like it's a problem now because I'm interviewing.
Speaker 2: With other people. Yeah, keep going.
Speaker 6: So I mean, like even like after work, I've noticed, like I drive home from work at like the same time, and I take the same highway. It's like four lanes, so I'm always fucking I use I utilize all lanes. I do use my turn signal though, so that is good that I let other drivers know. But it's gotten to the point where I see the same cars and I instantly get over, like they they instantly move out the way. You can just get right back after I pass. I don't know if they're afraid. I think they're like, oh, this car is gonna fucking fly past me.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Okay, Jackson, Jackson, let's slow down here. Why do you drive like this?
Speaker 6: I don't really know. I like it, Okay, I don't know. It's like it's it's average to me now. I don't feel any like concern. I'm like desensitized to it.
Speaker 2: I guess, okay, you you need to stop driving. You can't do this because you're gonna because it looks like, dude, you know if you if you do, if you do some ship where you know you you are addicted to some reckless behavior that will fuck you up. You know, that's that's one thing that's not good. But this, this is gonna fuck up someone else, Like this is not to be fucked the car car cars not to be fucked around with. You know, this is not cool because you could just fuck someone else's thing up. It's just not cool to do. It's one of those things that just makes me like it's just so dumb. Jackson. Don't do this. Yeah, don't, don't stop. Give your keys to your mom or something until you can like figure this out, man, because this is not cool for you. It's not cool for anybody.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm. I've also noticed it like depends on the music I'm listening to as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, jack no, don't blame it on the music. No no, Jackson, don't blame it on the music.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to blame it on the music. I'm trying to let's say it like, it definitely increases my thought to because like I can drive normal. It's just like.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you can, if you Jackson, if you can drive normal, Jackson, if you can drive normal, drive normal. Yeah, this is not cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, man, if you're telling me that you're like, you know, into into gambling or drugs or any other sort of like process addiction or something, then you know, go get help, you know, because that'll fuck you up. This will fuck other people up too, you know, go if you do. If you do you genuinely feel like you have like a process addiction and you need help.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like here's okay, I don't feel.
Speaker 2: Like we'll talk about's the thing.
Speaker 6: I like it, I enjoy it, but like, at the same time, I don't try and put people at too much of risk. No, you just definitely tell me that I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah to Actually, if you're driving one hundred and twenty miles an hour, you're putting other people at risk. You need to if you feel like you have some sort of like I don't know, man, I don't know what's up with you. I don't know why you're addicted to danger. But you and look, man, you're you're a self aware person. You know this about yourself because a lot of people there's people on the road who are doing this who aren't like doing what you're doing right now, where they're going like, huh, this might be a problem. I need to figure this out. They're just you know, have a death wish and going hell, Mary, you know, I'm glad that you're self aware enough to know that this is a problem. But now that you're aware, you don't you fucking gotta handle this. Don't fucking drive like that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the problem is it's so fucking.
Speaker 2: Hard, Like, why is it hard? Jackson?
Speaker 6: It's so easy, and at least in my card is fucking you barely flip the throttle and you're already sucking at a hundred.
Speaker 2: Jackson, Jackson, Clay, your dad, tell him take your fucking keys away until you can figure this out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I need them for I need to get to work though, that's the thing. I work.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you need to get to work to drive nor Jackson Jackson, Jackson, do you have a real therapist?
Speaker 6: No, my mom's actually a therapist.
Speaker 2: Though your mom's a therapis okay? Have you told your mom about it all?
Speaker 6: Well, she knows a little bit, but like, I'm afraid she fucking slipped the fuck out if like I showed her videos and ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jackson, you can't keep Jackson, you can't keep driving about you. You need to figure out some solutions to this. I don't know, Like I'm not gonna say I you know everything, there's there's process addictions that you like, you might have some sort of like weird adrenaline addiction or uh uh, something going on with yourself that you need to take care of. And like I said, I think it's good that you're self aware about it because that's the step one. But now you need to fix it, okay, And until you fix it, you don't. Until you fix it, don't fucking drive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fuck man, cars are my goddamn life.
Speaker 2: That's okay. It's okay to like cars. It's okay to be into cars. It's okay to be into motors and stuff. But when you get on the road and you're with other people, you can't drive like an asshole and get a bunch of people care. Cars are fucked up, you know, cars are like I'm the reason I'm I don't know. I feel like I feel like I feel like I'm not normally this aggressive with people on the phone, but I fucking hate cars so much because they're just they're just look I look at them the same way a lot of people probably look at guns or something like they're just you know, death traps, you know, And like I'm gonna I'm gonna give you you know, I'm not trying to be too aggressive here with you, man, because, like I'm telling you, you're self aware about this. So go try to figure this out. Talk to your mom, talk to your parents, talk to whoever you need to talk to. But I'm telling you, Jackson, don't, don't. Don't keep sucking driving like this. Yeah, okay, mm hmm, all right, are you gonna talk to your mom?
Speaker 6: To be honest, probably not, Like, are you gonna keep sucking driving like that? I think I'm gonna take a step in the right direction and try and drive normal at least when there's other people around, But there's no guarantees when there's a wide open road that's just sucking give her hell.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Jackson, listen, I'm gonna I hope that you make the right decision because if you don't, you're gonna kill someone, You're gonna kill yourself. Yeah, so God, I'm on you right now. I think, Okay, go talk to your mom.
Speaker 6: I can't bring myself to do that, so you got I can bring myself to drive eighty, but I can't bring myself to All.
Speaker 2: Right, Jackson, you have a problem. You need to talk to Jackson. You need to talk to a real therapist, someone who's talked to, someone who's not your mom. Yeah, okay, go to go to a fucking go to a local college. Go find a psychology program. Okay, you can get grad students to talk to. You can go to a community center. I don't know if you have insurance, but you can get a therapist with insurance. But you need to talk to someone. And I don't don't fucking drive like crazy on the road, Jackson, don't do that. Yeah, you're right, Okay, all right, Jackson, I'm gonna I'm gonna let you go, but please go try to find some help. Man, Thank you, of course, have a good night, you too, dude, Jesus Christ Jackson. I hope he find some help. I don't know. I'm not an addiction specialist. I don't know what's going on in his brain where he has some sort of like process addiction toward driving or recklessness. But he, like I I met what I said to him over and over again about how he's self aware that it's a problem, which is step one, right, Because, like I said, there's people out there going insane that have no idea that they're they don't have a problem. Jackson knows he has a problem and he needs he's to fix it, and he needs to keep his keys in the lock box until he does, and I hope does. And it sucks that he feels like he has nowhere to turn for it. By Jackson, if you're listening to this, go find some help and stay off the road. The people who listen to this, they know I don't normally talk, I don't normally react to callers like that, but I was just like, fuck, Hey, what's your name? Liam?
Speaker 8: Liam?
Speaker 2: Liam? How can I get you today?
Speaker 8: So I have a kind of weird issue. I feel like I need to reverse come out to my parents and my family and friends and stuff. Like I came out as gay when I was thirteen years old, and you know, back in the day I was, I was pretty convinced that that was the case. For a while, I was just super into guys. Even as a child. I was just really not into women at all. But over the last i would say year twenty one, now, i'd say over the last year or so I've definitely had more of an interest in ladies. Like it's it's no longer not an option. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Interesting? Interesting, I've never interesting. I don't think I've heard of this before, or I'm sure it happens all the time, but I've never talked to somebody who's who's had to reverse come out.
Speaker 8: You know, It's it's a weird problem. And while my family was very accepting when I came out as gay, you know, they were all cool with it. We have other gay people in a family. My sister's actually engaged to a lady, which is pretty cool. But it's just I feel like because I got bullied super hard when I came out, and there was a whole thing with it, and I, you know, my friends all abandoned me, and my family was very supportive then and did a lot of extra stuff for me that I feel like they wouldn't have done that wasn't the case. And I feel like if I tell them now, they're going to think I did all that for attention or something and just be really upset with me.
Speaker 2: You are afraid that if you tell your parents that you are not gay, they're going to think that you are doing this for attention?
Speaker 8: Yeah, or that I was at least or maybe still am. I don't know. But it's not that I'm not gay either, Like I still definitely like dudes, and I probably would lean towards that direction.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I mean it sounds like are you are you bisexual?
Speaker 8: I would say so, okay.
Speaker 2: Well, by the way, by the way, none of this this is what what? What you finding? Finding some kind of label for what you are is irrelevant to think this issue that you're describing, it's it's irrelevant because your parents what what? What? What about your relationship with your parents or what you know about your parents makes you think that they will believe that you are doing this for attention.
Speaker 8: Oh, I mean, it's just I I haven't had a lot of problems in my life, I guess, and like my sisters all have, and they all have done stuff like that as a as a means to gain attention or favor or whatever the fuck, you know, and I don't. I don't want them to think that I'm also doing that because well, you know, they I saw how they reacted with my sisters and they were not very they're not very happy about.
Speaker 2: It, you know. Liam. I know it's important for you to have a good relationship with your parents, But whether or not your parents believe that you know your explorations and your sexuality are a call for attention or not, it's like, who gives a shit what they think about you know, your sexual real Like does it? Does it really matter if whether or not they believe you're doing it for attention, if you know what's going on with you, because you are.
Speaker 8: Yourself, that's a that's a fair point. Yeah, I mean, I you bring up a very good point, Gecko.
Speaker 7: Hm.
Speaker 8: They just I don't want them to be mad at me or upset with me, and uh, you know, I don't want it to change things in a way because I feel like I have a pretty good relationship and if if they think I was doing something I don't. I don't want them to start treating me different either, even if it even even if it's not just that they're upset at me. Just I want things to to change because even when it came out as gay, everything, it was a big change for everything, and they started treating me differently and I got used to it after a few years. But like, I don't want that to happen again.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I think a couple of things. I think One, everything you just told me you know about how you don't want to be treated any differently, about how you know, when you came out as gay the first time, you felt like you were treated differently. Everything you just told me you should tell your parents, should let them know. I don't want to be treated differently. I felt like I have been treated differently in the past because I don't know. They might not know. They might they might be treating you differently and thinking that they're doing a good thing by doing that. You know, uh, so they might have no fucking idea that they're doing something that's upsetting you. So it's good that you're going to tell them that they are doing something that's upsetting you. And then two are the people who are in your life, the people that you choose to let be in your life. Your your sexuality should really not have anything to do with your relationship with them, Like they shouldn't be like treating you differently or thinking anything of you because of this, like one particular aspect of your life. It should kind of be irrelevant to the majority of your friendships and with your family, you know, Yeah, because what the fuck does any of that have anything to do with you know, your relationship with your parents.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a that's a very good point. And I feel like I understand that, and I feel like they should understand that, and they just maybe they don't. I don't know if they're not even like super old either, Like they're pretty with the terms, if you know what I'm saying, But sure, they just it's they were weird in between where I feel like they're kind of just from the don't don't talk about a generation where it's like it's fine, just don't tell anyone and don't say anything ever.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure are you gonna? Are you going to tell them that you are as you say? Reverse coming out?
Speaker 8: They really feel like I should because you know, I feel like that makes it takes a lot of weight off of my shoulders as of like who I can bring around the house and like, but I can actually start talking to in a in a romantic sense. Ah, but uh, I just it's a weird conversation and I wasn't even sure how to do it initially. It actually ended up because I got super bullied at school for it. They got a call home that they were saying I was being bullied from the you know, the school counsel. Uh. And then they asked me why, and they kept pushing the problem until I told them, so they kind of forced my hand the first time. I don't know how to how to go about that conversation, Like do I just bring it up or should I like wait for them to ask?
Speaker 2: Well, you you talk. I feel like on this phone call we got a few things out of you that are important. We know that you don't want to be treated any differently. And fuck was the other thing you just said it just now? Oh we know that we know that, And because you just said it just now, we know that you telling them would be a weight off of your shoulders. That's what you just said. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so okay, if you telling them would be a weight off your shoulders, and then yeah, I think you should bring it up. As far as how to bring it up, well, we know a couple critical parts. We know a couple of critical things to include in the conversation, which is what you just said just now. I don't want to be this is what's going on. Listen, there's not I'm still figuring it out. I'm not labeling myself. I'm just you know, I'm a young guy. I'm getting out there. I'm figuring myself out here. Okay. I don't want to be treated any differently. Just giving you a little update on what's going on with my life, ma, that's it. That's all it is. Doesn't have to be a big deal. Just thought i'd let you know.
Speaker 8: You know, I feel like knowing my mom, she would probably she would respond really well to something like that. And it's just I don't know why I wouldn't just do it on my own. You know, this is something I have talked to a real therapist about before.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what did they tell you?
Speaker 8: They? I mean, essentially the same thing, but in a less helpful manner. They were like, oh shit, so I just dropped a bunch of stuff. Fuck. They They were just kind of like, I don't understand why you wouldn't just tell your parents about this sort of way.
Speaker 2: And I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't respond very well to that. It sounded more like they were arguing with me than trying to help me. I didn't really like that.
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, I mean, I think this is sort of my final position on it is. You know what you want, which is to not be treated differently and to let them know what's going on. That's what you've expressed to me in this call. So I would hope that you have at least a little bit more of a game plan going into this than you did before, if only because you know what you want the end result to be. Is that is that accurate? Then let me put words in your mouth.
Speaker 8: Yes, I would. I would say that's fairly accurate.
Speaker 2: Okay, So go forth say what you need to say to your parents, and I I hope it is true that it takes a weight off your shoulders. And also like at the end of the day, it's like you can love your mom, you can love your dad and still maintain that what they think about you and your sexuality and really any aspect of your life is kind of none of their business.
Speaker 8: That's all right. I think I can. I think I can roll with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, good. Is there anything else want to say to the people of the computer before we go? Liam?
Speaker 8: Uh No, No, I don't think so. I mean I learned a lot from this call.
Speaker 2: Uh good.
Speaker 8: This is my first time calling in, and I'm kind of amazed that I got on, So thank you Gek and good buck.
Speaker 2: To future callers, thank you for calling Liam so great get mm hmm. See this is this is This is an interesting phone calls because I'm trying to keep in mind, like it's easy to say to someone like Liam or really a lot of people who call in with like I have some sort of thing going on that I don't know how my parents will feel about. It's like easy to say, well, uh, your parents you you know, what they think about your life is irrelevant. They're not you. You have to go live your own life. But I'm also keeping in mind that people have these complex relationships with their parents, and that's an important relationship, the one you have with your parents, So they're not as easy to maneuver as just saying, well, who cares what they think? But who cares what they think? You know? They're your mom, they're your dad. You love them, they love you. They have their own life. You have your life, do your thing.
Speaker 5: Never kid goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. The beak kid goes to what and Die. He's teaching your loud to make your life that He's not really an expert