Speaker 1: It's the best Bit of the week with Morgan two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bones Show this week.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody catching up on the Bobby Bone Show. Well, you are in the right place. This is Best Bits Part two, where I count down seven segments from the show this week that you all loved, super engaged with, or maybe they were a little controversial all across the board. But before we get into that, Part one, Part three this weekend is with Scuba Steve. If you've never listened before. Part one is with a show member and we really just catch up on life stuff we didn't get to on the big show, or we kind of go on random tangents and just have fun with it. So fun stuff over in Part one and part three is a listener at Q and A. This weekend it's all with Scuba Steve. So go listen to those if you have some extra time. But if you just want to catch up, then let's get into it. There are some things that happen in the world that are awkward, but they really shouldn't be. Like This all started because a podcast was talking about how when you go and you go bowl your round the walk back is super awkward, but for what reason? So we all shared something that makes us feel awkward, but we really shouldn't be feeling awkward.
Speaker 3: Number seven.
Speaker 4: I like this question and we're gonna do it as well. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: What's something that's not supposed to be awkward but is walking back after you bowl and bowling, especially when you hit.
Speaker 6: Nothing, so everybody just looking at you like you suck.
Speaker 4: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 7: That's a real funny.
Speaker 4: So what's something that's not supposed to be awkward but is? And that's from me? Can't I vibe with the all podcasts? I'll go first, getting off the phone. It's awful.
Speaker 7: Oh, just hanging out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta go. Oh then they start talking again and you're like, well, now they know I want to get off the phone, and so now they're going to treat the conversation different. I'm terrible at phone, so fun yes, at phone, just in general, I'm terrible at phone. Hey, getting off the phone with someone, I don't know how to do it because I'll be like, okay, gotta they just started another sentence.
Speaker 8: Have you ever been in a situation on the phone where someone's trying to get off.
Speaker 4: With you first, No, it couldn't happen.
Speaker 8: Ever, you've never known the phone with anybody that's wanted to get off the phone before you did, or you were mid sentences.
Speaker 4: That I can remember, No, because I don't want to be on the phone ever. So if I'm on the phone, my goal is to get off the phone. So if there's any sort of opening to get off the phone, I'm in. I'm out. So for me, that's what's awkward is trying to get off a phone call you.
Speaker 8: So I feel like doors for me are awkward, Like sometimes if you don't know to push pull and it's not labeled, Like why do I get so embarrassed if I do it wrong?
Speaker 9: Do you ever do that?
Speaker 8: We you're like supposed to push a door, but you pull or you do the opposite, and then you're stuck.
Speaker 7: And people see you, Yes, well you're stuck.
Speaker 4: I mean I've done the rule for a minute. I've never just committed to being stuck.
Speaker 8: Or even revolving doors are awkward for me because I feel like I have to like jump in all of mine revolved doors, or if you open the door for somebody and they're a little too far away and you're having to hold it for a long time.
Speaker 4: Or if they're all holding it for you and you're kind of far out, now you have a run.
Speaker 9: Like doors are doors are hard for me?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yes? Do you naturally if you walk up to a door from the outside, do you push or pull? I would think you pull, right. I think it's pool from the outside. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know in a universal way. I don't know there is I need to learn it too.
Speaker 7: It kind of says on there, like what, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I don't only freak out because if it doesn't go, I quickly go to the other with then like a split second.
Speaker 7: But sometimes you have all your weight going for the push all your weight?
Speaker 4: Are you guys playing American gladiators are putting all your weight on a.
Speaker 9: Door because we're trying to get through the door.
Speaker 8: Or if it's like the right one is locked with the left one is open, and you go to the right, it's just awkward.
Speaker 4: Well, that one's different. I can understand that because you don't know which one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but then you feel like an idiot.
Speaker 4: But it always the right one. Now that I say that, isn't always the right one? If there are two.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Another one would be escalators with the suitcase at the airport.
Speaker 9: I just like say a prayer, I get on.
Speaker 8: And I'm like, you do the sign of the Cross and here we go, Like that's that's a ride.
Speaker 10: Eddie buying women's products at the grocery store. I know it's not awkward, but it always feels awkward and I have to say, like, that's not for me.
Speaker 8: Can I say that it's okay for that to feel awkward for men because it's awkward for me as a woman. I strategically choose who I check out with because I feel awkward if there's a teenage boy working.
Speaker 9: I am not buying tampons.
Speaker 4: I'm not even as a woman, even.
Speaker 9: As a woman.
Speaker 8: I mean, sometimes we're desperate, but I am going to try to find the elderly woman that's checking out people.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't feel awkward anymore doing that. Yeah, I think I probably did at one point, but now I think that's just show business.
Speaker 9: But do you feel like you have to be like not for me?
Speaker 4: And I know I don't have to say that, like whistle it. I think they know that where am I going to put it? You know some people like I've done my nose before.
Speaker 7: It for my wife, we've been married for twenty years.
Speaker 4: You got to tell them your whole story there, Morgan, Yeah, mine is evolving.
Speaker 2: When you are either at an airport or on a plane and you fall asleep and then you jolt up and you feel like somebody saw what happened, and you feel really embarrassed that you a fell asleep and be that you jolted awake.
Speaker 4: I think of how I drool sometimes when I do that. Yeah, I'm really good. That's tough, Mike d going into a small business and leaving without buying anything.
Speaker 10: Whenever you're in there, like looking around and you're like, oh, I'm not going to buy anything, but.
Speaker 7: It feels so awkward leaving You're like, I'll come back later. It feels like you're stealing.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 7: And they always ask you like it's a small.
Speaker 4: Place and you do walk around and just look, you're the only You're the only one. Yeah, And maybe I don't feel like you think I'm stealing, but I feel like I just took their time, like they just had to dedicate some time to me, and I came in.
Speaker 7: Even though they're glad you're there.
Speaker 6: Are they though?
Speaker 4: So nice to you and you're like, okay, Raymond, do do you have one two guys going into a men's restroom and going into the jurnals next to each other.
Speaker 7: It's awkward, it is.
Speaker 4: We all have to go to the bathroom, but you have have to do that small talk. I've done it, even with saying if someone's already up there and you walk up to it, yes, I can agree with that. My dad will pull off at a gas station, me and him will go in the bathroom together. He taught me how to go to a bathroom, and it is still awkward. We have to have that small talk for thirty seconds. If you're here at work and there's a dude up because the two urinals are in our bathroom the right beside each other. Obviously there's a little wall in the middle, so no one's peaking, so that's not awkward. But then you're just so your shoulders are so close. You got to kind of be like, what's up. At least you talk to them, depending on who it is, you just got. It doesn't matter who it is. You got to just at least acknowledge because you're standing so close to them, you just have to be like, what's up? Even just that if not, that's weird.
Speaker 10: My thing is I don't want them thinking I'm looking at their thing, so I just look.
Speaker 4: No one thinks that tampon voy You never know. Why are you worried about what people are thinking about it?
Speaker 9: Everybody said there's a divider.
Speaker 10: There's a divide here at work, but sometimes there's no divider, And I just want to make sure.
Speaker 7: That, Hey, I'm not looking at you, so I'm looking straight right.
Speaker 4: On the top.
Speaker 9: Don't you just say that, like, hey, I'm not looking.
Speaker 4: And stuff. They're not for me. I'm not looking close.
Speaker 9: Your eyes or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know, something that's not supposed to be awkward, but it is abby. Did you have one or no?
Speaker 11: Well, like if you're walking or if you're in a restaurant and you're looking for the bathroom. Just like walking through the restaurant, you feel like everybody at every table's looking at you and they're like, you got somewhere to be what you're doing.
Speaker 4: I've walked in the kitchen by accident before. Yeah, that's this is not this is not the bad. Then you got to walk in the kitchen and talk to whoever next to the journal in there.
Speaker 8: Something that happened to me the other day at the grocery stores. I ran into somebody that I knew. I'm like, you know, asle two, and then I ran on on them again on Aisle four.
Speaker 9: And then when you run into them again, I just realized that that felt a little bit awkward, because like, what do you do at that point?
Speaker 4: Like, good, I'm more you walking after you already say bye. Then you walk the same way. They're like, all right, good to see you, see you soon. Then you walk off toward the car the same Okay.
Speaker 7: I like to make the joke though you following.
Speaker 4: Me, I'm not following. You made a promise. Eddie has to yell that, oh a good good job guys, and hey, good job by that podcast. That's a pretty on the topics.
Speaker 3: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Lunchbox got tested for syphilis. Now this is no joking matter if it actually were to come out a certain way.
Speaker 4: But it didn't.
Speaker 2: And this all started because he came on the show and was super vulnerable and was like I found out after going to the doctor, I have X Y Z and then a listener called in was like, well, maybe you have X y Z and that's what caused this test to happen, and just follow the story because you might at least get a good laugh out of this, but maybe don't take it so seriously.
Speaker 4: Number six, So Lunchbox came on the air admitted he did no guys could get this disease, and then said that in his throat he has a YaST infection. Yeah. Then a listener called and said, not only that, you might have syphilis. So we have a syphilis test here? Can someone bring me the cyphalus test? So what's gonna happen is he's going to take this test. How's your east infection? By the way, it's getting a lot better. I'm able to eat now and swallow and good. It's been a lot better. So in my hand here it's called first to know, the first to know. Yeah, it's a home used fingerstick blood test for the detection of antibodies to the bacteria that causes syphless. Now, the reason we want to know is because if it goes undiagnosed, that could eat his brain. Yeah, simplest could dangerous. So that's what I've heard, let's take a look at this test.
Speaker 10: But if it is positive, like for sure, like there's a conversation that needs to be followed up on.
Speaker 4: I've had people tell me he shouldn't even be here with the east affection in his throat. Really, they're lying. Amy came in with COVID and just worked for days and I didn't know. I was like, hey, I know, but I was like, you don't have a cold. It's worse, and she wouldn't. Then she came in, she was like, you were right. But she also also sits by herself. Lunchbox sits at a table with everybody else, but we're not making out.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but your spit and yell, and you yell, so your spit goes everywhere.
Speaker 4: So I have a simplest test. I have instructions for use. Lunchbox is going to take this test and it's going to take like fifteen minutes for us to get the results back. Any anything you want to say before you take the test, lunch barks.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't know anything about syphilis except for you guys telling me about it, and let's hope I don't have it or else is going to be really awkward?
Speaker 10: Is there anything you'd like to say about how you got potentially got syphilis.
Speaker 4: Well, been around the block. Wait what, I don't think it's taken years.
Speaker 9: It's like it's like dormant for.
Speaker 4: Since your bar clip your bar days in Austin. Yeah, I mean I was like, I've been everywhere man. Huh you trying to sing Johnny Cash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to think of the ness of workers. I've been everywhere, man everywhere, man every and that's all I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we're going to take and he's going to take the test outside in the lobby. Who's going to do it, guys?
Speaker 8: I don't what He'd have to get it through some pretty specific ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I test right now. So there's a lancet. You have to sanitize your finger, you prick your fingertip, then you fill the test and then it's much like a COVID test where we will do the reveal just like we did with his job. We'll do the reveal on the air coming up.
Speaker 8: Have you shared a toothbrush or a raiser with anybody? Because those are the two non sexual ways.
Speaker 7: But that's it though everything else.
Speaker 4: But if someone uses his toothbrush and he doesn't know about it. It's not even that he's using somebody else's but somebody could have come into his house use the toothbrush. Yeah, next thing, you know, he's got sephless.
Speaker 9: Any organ translates recently.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Lunchbox is going to test for sephialis. His yeast infection is getting better. I mean I did donate my power reds the Red Cross.
Speaker 8: He did, he did, he did, he donated his blood. Surely they tested it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I'm saying, what if I got Oh no, what if someone was sitting in my seat and they dropped blood and I got.
Speaker 8: It on me.
Speaker 4: I don't know. That's how you get sepulus. I think that's how liars said they got sephlus when they.
Speaker 9: Get questioned about how blood transfusion.
Speaker 4: Transition transfusions. Okay, let's take him out, Abby. Do you want to get him the test? I trust you to do it, right, I'd love to. Okay, So there is that some fantasy you have yet hurt you?
Speaker 8: I mean, I got get it.
Speaker 4: What if we do we get like ten days, we prick them all at once, all over our body? Oh my god, that's so bad. Okay, let's play. Let's play this song, and then wait, is there a band aid that you have to seal me up? Because I don't I don't want to blake doing apart a drop of blood. Yeah, we have a band aid for you because I don't want to bleed out.
Speaker 8: Man, I was gonna say, you could just suck on it. But dinner is that like.
Speaker 4: What you're like? You give to yourself and it starts over the process.
Speaker 5: I got a question, is Abby have gloves because I don't want to get.
Speaker 4: Her d have to wash your hands. Just wash your hands. I'm just saying, she's the one you have that should worry because she's what syphils.
Speaker 5: But the doctors always put gloves on it. Maybe it's her syphilisi. What Abby?
Speaker 4: Take this out and you and Lunchbox take the test and we'll come back and get the results in like fifteen minutes. But you get on that. Good Hey, goodluck Lunchbox. So Lunchbox took a test to see if he has syphilis, all based on the fact that he has a yeast infection in his throat, which we did not know that a man could get. I say, we some of us dudes. Youre amy news.
Speaker 8: Well, no, I get he I guessed it felt like familiar with it.
Speaker 4: And we didn't think this was turning into syphilis either until this caller called us hit it.
Speaker 12: That happened to me as well, and I had went through two separate doctors because it was still not going away yet and ended up getting my blood custered and it turned out to be like the later stages of syphilis. But I just wanted to let him know that because it's worth, you know, getting checked out.
Speaker 8: She also goes on to say that like, yeah, his brain can start eating itself or something.
Speaker 4: That's what happened. He had syphlis so bad, his brain had itself.
Speaker 8: But if this is one of the later stages, like at one point does it start.
Speaker 4: Started years ago? So how the test administration go? ABT because you had to prick his finger?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was a little nervous.
Speaker 5: Abby was shaking like a leaf, was like there's blood flying everywhere.
Speaker 11: I did have coffee, so I was a little dittery. I may have been the best one, but hey, I think we got an accurate result.
Speaker 4: So you go to his finger with a little thing, Yeah, and you probly did. It worked the first time.
Speaker 13: It did, but he like screamed, oh you did hear curse words, and then like you put the blood into the little uh container, and the container then analyzes the blood.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you have to put a lot.
Speaker 9: I kept squeezing a lot.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of blood. Really it up over there? Yeah, I got it. Do you feel like there's any chance because, man, if he misses this one after not getting that job, this is going to be the worst couple of reveals in the show's history. It hasn't been bad man, bad week.
Speaker 9: You're it's better to know.
Speaker 8: Actually you could look at it as bad, but I think it's better to know.
Speaker 4: I think it's better not I'm like, I really not have it.
Speaker 8: I agree, But if he has it, don't you want to know because then he can handle it.
Speaker 4: I hear you. But if we're just like making up stuff on my list, it's not having it. But I hear you, Lunchbox, yeast infection is still there, Yeah, still there, but it's going away slowly and you're hanging banging in your throat. Yeah, but it's feeling better. Does your brain feel good and normal? Yeah? I mean it feels clear, still clear?
Speaker 8: Oh boy?
Speaker 7: Oh no, you hear that.
Speaker 4: He's got it. You got it? Okay, I have. I haven't looked at the results I have in my head. I have not only do I have Do you have the blood? I do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I have the blood? And I so if he does have steplus tending to get him out of here immediately? Yes, why it's not contaging? Tell your wife immediately. Well, like, it's not connchagou unless we're doing it. Maybe you come up with the story first.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: She must have it too.
Speaker 4: Okay, whoa, whoa? He has that? So Lunchbox has been out. He took the semphless test. Okay, here, I'm just gonna the result is. I know. I haven't looked yet. The result is Lunchbox does.
Speaker 14: Not have.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a day for this show.
Speaker 8: What's the percentage that maybe it's like all the box and say it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't it doesn't. It was a hard note that little line. Yet there was no families have either Amy. Everything's good.
Speaker 9: I'm sitting the obvious.
Speaker 4: You know the guy does not have sephalus. It's great news for the show.
Speaker 9: That was awkward reading the test.
Speaker 11: I felt I was like, I don't know if I want to know, Like what he's been doing.
Speaker 4: I'm grossed out by having his blood up here on the table.
Speaker 7: That is gross.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna put that down. But this today we could sell it. Today's a victory lunchbox. You don't have congratulations.
Speaker 15: Congratulations a lunchbox the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, we found out our Employee of the Quarter. We used to do Employee of the Month, but it just kind of became so much doing it once a month. But now we do Employee of the Quarter. And everybody was up for it, and there was a judging panel and they decided who ultimately won Employee of the Quarter. This is the person who showed up, showed out the last several months, and there was some controversy around it.
Speaker 4: Number five got this voicemail from Andrew and Upstate New York.
Speaker 16: Can we bring back employee of the months or Employee of the Quarter, or.
Speaker 5: However you want to do it.
Speaker 4: We sure Cannon will do it. Right now, it's time for Employee of the Quarter. So the last three months I've had my eyes piled for one super performing employee who will be rewarded once they win this award. In this segment, you can spin the wheel of cash. On that wheel, there's a lot of opportunity, a lot of money. You can do self promotion if you win. A little change to this rule. If you do choo self promotion, I won't make you do it right away. You can do it later on the show. See I have a minute to think about it. Okay, So you can do thirty seconds of self promotion, or you can block someone from contention next quarter. If you win, it's the complete Spie prize. So why don't we talk about this for a second. I mean, how do you feel about yourself?
Speaker 8: I feel fine. I feel like I had a good quarter. Some things that I recall happened. I'm like, oh that was pretty good. That's pretty good, and that happened because of me.
Speaker 4: Some of your standout moments include bringing the email that led to us confronting a scammer. Oh that was good, which was fun. Yep. She became the Easy Trivia Champion, which was great. She brought us co parenting stories with the rex husband, made us release things for the blood moon, and shared our psychic ability with us.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, it was psychic.
Speaker 4: So you're still in the mix.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 4: For employee, the quarter good joke. Abby, How do you feel about yours?
Speaker 9: I feel good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Abby has been a key player two behind the scenes, she's making tributed to more now. She didn't get it the time, the whole thing. I don't want to spend a bunch of you may have been on air.
Speaker 9: Once, yeah, behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Morgan, how do you feel you're done?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's been a trying three months for me, but I feel really good about it. I mean I showed up here when I was dealing with Vertigo for a month and a half, and that's been a crazy experience.
Speaker 9: That's true, which seems real safe Mons dedication.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what? Better like next time? No, you did good, but better like next time? Morgan, Amy's stilling, but you did good? Okay, lunchbox, Yeah, what's up dude? Over the last quarter? Oh, we know it nailed it, brought it, dominated it. Do you remember anything specifically? Have notes?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a lot of stuff that I brought to the table. I brought one minute rant.
Speaker 4: You know he didn't bring that. I normal, you may have done one, but that, Yeah, it's a baller of I mean it is now a staple. And also that one, but we did it twice and I can just read you what I have, So you're not making up to women women are Crazy? I do have. That is I mean that he lived out his lifelong dream of being on the news. I got you got this show national attention, even though it didn't only sharehim, and that wasn't national it was local news. But even though it didn't really show him as much as he thought it would, still it was good. He took initiative and he applied for the end game host at the MLS team here in town, which I think we're going to find out later today if he got or not. He debuted the new segment women are Crazy. He thought that, well, you made it to the next round, that's what I figured. Yeah, like the whole dish almost put in like the dirty dishes thing. Oh yeah, I did get busted.
Speaker 7: Remind me of what happened.
Speaker 4: And bringing his dirty dishes to work like that was a bit. But he didn't do that for the show. He just got caught bringing his dirty dishes to work, which brings the question should you get credit for a good bit? If you really he never planned on it.
Speaker 8: Well, I think so, because you're without you wouldn't have existed.
Speaker 4: Uh, how much you're still in Amy and lunch Walk. We'll go one more. Eddie still managed to do his job with a broken arm.
Speaker 9: Come on, did we call it broken?
Speaker 7: It was broken.
Speaker 4: He put his money where his mouth was and beat Morgan in the wayfair building competition that been was like six months. He tallied up the l O L moments on the show he had according to our data, he preserved the best lines and made listeners laugh out loud.
Speaker 7: Don't don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: He also gets the award for the Last Laugh Award, which is given out to the person who gets the final joke in a segment, allowing us to hit the little piece of imaging.
Speaker 7: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Like, if you're like say something, I go, ha, oh that's cool. I didn't I didn't do this. I just told this this is a voting panel of three people that I did not at that. He did not write that. He was part of the eighth annual million dollar show that raise over two hundred and twenty one thousand dollars Saint jude Or Charity for the Kids' Meta. You're in at you three?
Speaker 9: This is my worst nightmare?
Speaker 8: What is what this whole competition type thing with them and then it's us and then we're against each other.
Speaker 4: Because she doesn't care. Amy's out what I have? I I had the tiger in this competition.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't mind being neutral, but I do.
Speaker 4: Think it's weird this quarter Canada?
Speaker 9: How we out this quarter?
Speaker 4: Out this quarter? Now quarter and the winner?
Speaker 9: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be lunch box or Eddie?
Speaker 8: What good?
Speaker 4: It's been a great good.
Speaker 10: I had a birthday in March too, man, that doesn't matter, especially your dishes.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't matter. It doesn't.
Speaker 7: But his birthday, sure, why not?
Speaker 4: But what did your birthday have to do with anything being a good employee?
Speaker 7: The idea?
Speaker 4: This was a split decision. Wow, so we split it. No, for the first time ever was two to one instead of three zero. So two to one. Don't want it from the bottom, I'm here. The winner for employee of the quarter goes to come on, London, Paris and Madrid. Those are all places. But Eddie is the winner.
Speaker 8: The quarter.
Speaker 4: Because he had a broken arm.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I did not know.
Speaker 7: I broke my arm and I continued to work.
Speaker 4: He's hard.
Speaker 9: He and the last people laugh.
Speaker 4: He raised twenty thousand dollars more in the competition, Yes I did. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: He cheated in the competition.
Speaker 4: Is Eddie? You are employee the quarter if you want the wheel man. I thought I got my speech and everything. You had a speech, You get your speech and now go ahead. Yeah you know you didn't get you didn't win, but you can try it out. Yeah my speech.
Speaker 5: Look, guys, I'm the employee of the month quarter, whatever you want to call it. And you thought I was gonna come on here and talk about my self, but no, I want to give a shout out to the guy we lost this quarter.
Speaker 4: James and Virginia. You are missed every single.
Speaker 5: Day and I think about you every day when I see your two dollar bills sitting on my counter.
Speaker 4: Let's hear from.
Speaker 6: James anyway, Bok family, Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 11: Bye.
Speaker 4: You're pandering, dude? Was my plan speech that I had to know? Your plan speech was pandering?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 4: What? Yeah? What do you mean you were going for like the sad angle? No?
Speaker 7: No, I was not going That was not you who wrote that speech for you me?
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter he lost?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what are we doing?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I have a speech.
Speaker 4: Do you have a speech? I do. If you don't have a speech and you're lying, I'm I have to reverse.
Speaker 17: Oh no, oh my goodness, I have ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: You have speech.
Speaker 7: I have a speech written out. But I like that James from Virginia.
Speaker 4: Can I see? Can I see? Yes? He does have it written out, okay, because I was literally about to switch it if he did.
Speaker 7: But it's gonna sound stupid though.
Speaker 10: That's not go ahead because I didn't think I was gonna win.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, I said, guys, guys, this is too much. Thank you, Thank you everyone.
Speaker 10: I know that I'm the most deserving member of the show to get this award every quarter, but really, we do need to start thinking of some of the other members of the show when it comes to this award. I mean, Amy made us laugh a lot this quarter, her scamming the scammer bit one of her best love it. Morgan brought some really funny about her dating life.
Speaker 7: That's a great lunchbox.
Speaker 10: Well, he showed up every day sick, got us all sick, but he showed up.
Speaker 7: So I will accept this award. Thank you every much, and thank you very much everyone. Including James from Virginia.
Speaker 6: Hit it anyway.
Speaker 7: Family, We're gonna miss James. We're gonna miss James.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. A quarter?
Speaker 7: You want the will?
Speaker 4: I want?
Speaker 7: You know, I want the wheel.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm on the wheel. There's everything from spend again times three to one hundred bucks. Are you ready to go?
Speaker 7: What if I hit the one hundred and three times?
Speaker 4: Well if you get spent again times three, it only takes one time.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, but that would be three hundred bucks?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 4: Is it? Three spencers? Just times three times three?
Speaker 16: Of the amount?
Speaker 6: Got him?
Speaker 4: All right, here we go, let's spend Come on, come on, come on, fifty dollars. Let's got employed. The quarter? Sorry, the quarter, the quarter. We'll do it again in three months, thank god. Okay, thank you very much. Anything you want to say that makes us laugh?
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 15: All right, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Last week you might have remember that Lunchbox applied for a side gig to do some in game hosting at the Nashville sc here in town.
Speaker 9: Well, we got the results.
Speaker 2: Did he get the job, did he not get the job? And it all happened live I have on air for you guys to hear. He didn't even read the email before bringing it to the show.
Speaker 3: Number four.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're about to reveal if Lunchbox got this job he applied for. Now, Jennifer from Texas called us and she wanted the update. And Jennifer, what do you remember about this segment? And do you remember the job he applied for?
Speaker 9: Well, I knew it was like a hype man job.
Speaker 1: I remember that, And I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Remember what sport it was for.
Speaker 9: I thought it was baseball, to be honest, but I couldn't remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know he's a big soccer guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, season take it older, yeah yeah, and big deal.
Speaker 4: And I remember that he was like, I don't have a resume.
Speaker 11: My wife helped me.
Speaker 4: You know this, and that all true. We read the resume thought it was pretty good except for the lies in it. Other than that, we thought it was good. I encouraged him to do things like follow up, immediately, do extra stuff, you know, be that squeaky will. Would you have agreed with the advice I gave him, Jennifer.
Speaker 9: Oh, yeah, absolutely, That's what I do for jobs.
Speaker 4: So I have you want it, Yeah, and I have the email here. That is either he got the job or didn't get the job. Now Lunchbox has promised NLR that he does not know he took the how did you know to forward it without read.
Speaker 5: Because they said they would let me know on the day, And so I got the email and I was like.
Speaker 4: Well, that has to be the answer. So the subject didn't give it away. Nope, because I don't even like if I'm watching a series of six to eight episodes, looking at the titles of the later, I'm like, no, no, no, I don't want to see the pictures and no thumbnails or anything. They do that on Survivor they name it something.
Speaker 5: So when someone says that during the episode, I'm like, well, I know they're doing good this episode, or they're still in yes, it's like, man, you ruined it.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go around the room. Do we think Lunchbox got this job he applied for with the Major league soccer team here in town to be the hype guy, the on camera guy, the microphone guy during the game. Jennifer, since you called us, do you think Lunchbox got the job?
Speaker 9: I do, Amy, Yes, he got it, Eddie, I.
Speaker 7: Think the resume was so good, he got it even though light in it.
Speaker 4: Man, this is like if you watch college game day and everybody picks the same team, it's us. That's kind of a bad sign.
Speaker 9: So we're trying to just believe it.
Speaker 7: What do you think.
Speaker 4: I think if he didn't get it, it's only because they had somebody else in mind already and had to open the job. I think he's perfect for it. But I'm gonna go with yes as well.
Speaker 7: Oh no, we all got yes, Morgan.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's he may give me a hard time, but I got faith in this guy.
Speaker 9: I think he got the job.
Speaker 4: He has not seen the email I will now.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I haven't thrown my name in the hat or many things Titans announcer and then.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And so I saw this, I was like, this is me, Like I go to the soccer games already, so why not get this job and have like work for a major league soccer team like I would be like a professional soccer player basically.
Speaker 4: Basically, So I cannot see I've not flipped it over, ye, but I can see through it a little bit because I don't want to know one two, three, four there's eight lines.
Speaker 9: Whoa, I mean there's eight words.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like a line and a half paragraph, a line and a half paragraph, a line and a half paragraph, so that would probably be like three long sentences. It looks I can't tell, but it's like a college admission letter.
Speaker 8: When I see onikto, I feel like, do we have like a Nashville MLS like hat to put on him when he gets it?
Speaker 4: Like, oh man, if thought about this bit, Yeah, we done any preparation in the bits.
Speaker 9: Isn't that what they do?
Speaker 4: That's probably when you when you saw college? Yeah, like Jersey, we need something. Okay, here we go. I went out flip over the email and well, no, are you.
Speaker 7: Gonna read it first? You canna read it out loud? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna read it as well, not doing anything? Oh man, what did you flip over? I read it?
Speaker 7: Okay, what are you doing?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 7: Who is it from?
Speaker 4: I read it is from Colleen. They don't even say their last name.
Speaker 9: I read it, and do you know Colleen lunchbox?
Speaker 4: I saw I've been corresponding with. I've never met her. Mike come over like this, Yeah, what are we doing? You can just give a just a generic standard. What do you mean interesting? How interesting can it be? It's yes or no?
Speaker 9: Well, no, that's not true. It could be.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: We're down to the wire. We've got two people we love, you're one of them, and now we need.
Speaker 9: To face off.
Speaker 4: How much do you want this job? Man? I want it. There would be so fun. Okay, without any further ado, can I see it? No, I want you to experience it. From Colleen to lunchbox subject in stadium host. Ye, hey, lunchbox Comma. First of all, I want to say thank you so much for your submission and interest.
Speaker 9: First of all, I want to thank you.
Speaker 4: Second, I mean we want to welcome you to the sea.
Speaker 9: Man, there's a coming.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, there is no but in this entire email, so it's an end.
Speaker 7: Let's end.
Speaker 4: First of all, I want to thank you for your submission and interest for the in stadium host opportunity at Nashville Soccer Club.
Speaker 7: Oh I got it.
Speaker 4: However, no, see, we really we really do appreciate you taking the time to apply, and after further conversations between the powers that be, that's right, we have decided yes, let's go to move forward. With an internal applicant.
Speaker 9: No, internal is the worst.
Speaker 4: Internal. We do appreciate you taking the time to apply, and we hope that we can work together on something in the future.
Speaker 2: Best Colleen like, maybe with a couple mins, Sandwich.
Speaker 7: They're killing music.
Speaker 4: She did compliment Sandwich him that that's the only reason that I can see you not getting it was they had somebody in mind already and they just had to post a job.
Speaker 9: That's what you said from the beginning.
Speaker 8: But just that you should feel good about that because internal is hard to.
Speaker 4: Be hold on.
Speaker 5: So if they had someone in mind, you have to post a job though, No, no, post the job, fine, but then why have me do another round of things like sending videos?
Speaker 4: Also a great question.
Speaker 7: Maybe that's what made them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe it was between you and somebody in and they saw your second video and they're like this, dude, no, no chance, let's go with the internal guy. I don't want anyway.
Speaker 7: No, that's not it.
Speaker 4: You'd be late at night, late night, I'm busy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Well, hey, don't say that, because what if something happens to internal guys.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm not a second fiddle internal sec I've been second federal many times, and it's turned into great, yeah, got that about that? Okay, well maybe I won't be sloppy seconds, but I don't call himself that, but I hear you. Yeah, oh man, Sorry, dude, that embarrassing.
Speaker 9: Could be his Could you be his? Understand?
Speaker 4: Would be his assistant? There, go and be his assistant, like chasing around and like carry his mike cables and stuff. Be next man, it's.
Speaker 13: Something happens, you're called to the stake, then you will be internal.
Speaker 4: You're that guy.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you're the But here's the bad part. Yeah, but I've been telling my kids. You have to step telling your kids. You guys have telling them to going on a cruise. You gotta stop telling them you're gonna be the guy in the mic.
Speaker 5: Oh, Because I was like yeah, and they're like, oh, Dad, does that mean we'll finally get to go on the field.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh, probably no, no, because like all the players kids run on the field after the game. And I'm like, oh my god, you're not the player, Jennifer. Oh man, your thoughts.
Speaker 8: I think they made a mistake me too, But I think, you know, he should definitely keep trying for stuff, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like you should be the guy like your local kids games and then sending videos that you're doing that's true with like a bullhorn. I'm here now and you bring like your own T shirts to the You.
Speaker 8: Know what they say, what they say rejection is redirection, and Bobby has a plan for you.
Speaker 9: You need to go to your kids.
Speaker 7: Kids games and do the halftime.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thank you for letting us be a part of your process.
Speaker 5: Lunchmarks My question, like do I email her and be like, yes, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Say hey man, thanks for nothing.
Speaker 9: You want to keep your foot on the door.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't email it right now.
Speaker 8: But he should reply and be like, I thank you for the opportunity to do this, Like what opportunity.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't email right now. Don't email right now. Take a breath. They could be next next day or so be like, hey, awesome, totally get it. But if anything happens, love to be a part of the team someday. Okay, yeah, all right, let's play this. Sorry, Sorry dude, Yeah, that's tough one. I've been there a bunch of times. Are you embarrassed?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I'm really the only reason I was senting guy's emails is like there's no chance, like I mean, they get the publicity of me that gets such a.
Speaker 4: Huge easy gigge huge.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And the internal guy is though, but my wife kept telling.
Speaker 4: Me, I mean, of course they want you.
Speaker 9: Well, and we all thought they should want you to us.
Speaker 4: It was someone internal. Yeah, yeah, okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, John Party stopped by the studio. It's always super fun to have him in. He talked about his new album, which is the first in three years being on tour, talked about the time he got to meet one of his idols, Alan Jackson, and then also the career that John Party wanted but he didn't pursue for one particular reason.
Speaker 4: So here it is.
Speaker 2: This is John Party.
Speaker 4: In studio number three on the Bobby Bones Show. Now, John Party ex Energy and studio. Good to see you, buddy. I was watching your Instagram shore with my wife, which we do every night. We set a time when we're like pull up the party's Instagram story. Oh yeah, it's like in the twenties you gather around the radio. That's what we do with your Instagram story. We're like pull up summer in John's Instagram stories. We set there, we have a mill. We watch. Your kids are turning into actual humans. It's crazy. Yeah, like they're getting old. They look like you guys. It's like slow down.
Speaker 1: Like this morning, Presley was like, I want to put on my shoes and went and put her a little rubber sandals on on old dark and both on the right feet, and.
Speaker 4: She's too, like it you mean on the correct feet?
Speaker 6: Correct it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeh yeah, I guess that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I could have I just want to. I don't know that I got it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, but she correctly put her shoes on them. I was like, whoa, Yeah, what is.
Speaker 4: Surprising to you about being a girl? Dad? Because I think as a as a man, and we don't have kids yet, I have to always say that my wife's not pregnant right now. People always think if I'm mentioning it. But eventually that's going to happen where we're going to have children. I am scared spitless of having girls because I know nothing about girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to what's what have you learned? You don't learn anything. You learn how to be a parent, and you learn your girls like you learn what your individual like Presley likes what Ciena likes and and I feel like when you're saying you're scared like a boy or a girl, like it's a you just learn, Like I wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: What to do with the boy, but I'm saying though later with a boy, I would know, like what shows, let's play ball, let's do I don't. I don't what do I know about what girls do?
Speaker 6: And yeah, well that's that's that's why you just go.
Speaker 3: Make a note.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ask him this question.
Speaker 1: In ten, Presley loves the tractor and she loves the canyem so like I get, you know, we get our canym rise and it's kind of good to do the boy world. But like there's a lot of there's a lot of like, you know, we watch Beauty and the Beasts together, great story.
Speaker 6: It's a great story, fabulous story. And it was.
Speaker 1: You know, I haven't seen Beauty and Beasts like, but it's different. It's different when you watch it with your baby girls. It's like, oh, you know, like you get a little more like your heart rooms, your heart opens up a little bit instead of like where his boys like they're always into something and climbing trees and like you've talked to boy dads are like, oh, I'm just chasing my kids everywhere, you know where the.
Speaker 6: Pressley's like coloring. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I saw you're riding a horse at the Houston Rodeo. How does your body do now that you're not twenty two riding horses?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 4: You still got it?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I brought my own saddle for that one.
Speaker 1: I just they we're done Houston enough to where like big guys that you know, not the most popular saddle and the stirrups are real high, and then you can't ride well with high stewart. So I threw in my saddle and that horse that was my third ride with him link. He's a great horse, and we got the you know, I got to get on him and the guys are letting some steers and some it was cool. I let some broncs out and like we were just kind of riding arena with him, and you know, it was just like riding a bike if you're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I only picked my bike seat.
Speaker 8: You know, I think because of his sot you're saying your size, like you need your own. It's a big old boys, like if you didn't have your own saddle, you would have been in a little paine.
Speaker 6: It's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough because I've done it and you're it's just really hard.
Speaker 6: It's like be I don't know it'd be hard.
Speaker 4: Our uncle work out a bunch of horses growing up and so, but we just rode them all better back all the time, right, you just get on and ride. And we were idiots. But I got clothesline hard. I didn't see the clothes literal clothes line. Yeah, yeah, and so you know, boom.
Speaker 6: That's not fun.
Speaker 4: Vivid, most vivid memory's probably like eight or so. Hardest you've better fallen off a horse. But back fallt just messing around like it doesn't matter. I don't know what's the hardest fall you ever had.
Speaker 1: I just you just riding in and all of a sudden the horse turns real quick and you slide off link at the jeans. These are like slipping slides for bare back, you know, and it just fell right off.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 1: I tried not to fall, but it you feel like in an arena you'd be like, oh it's gonna be soft, it's dirt. No, it's not it hurts. But like getting clothesline, a good thing. You didn't have stirrups, you be pulling, be pulling on it. So I don't know, Yeah, good thing I have stirrups for sure. Didn't didn't I didn't know I didn't good thing I didn't have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I caught up in there.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna play Friday Night Heartbreaker here, walk me into it. Tell me something about it.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, this is a fun When I first heard Friday O Heartbreaker, it just gave a different vibe to me when I when I heard it, was just kind of had a.
Speaker 1: Kind of spooky, sexy vibe to it. And really, I don't know, I just felt connected to it. And you know, I think all the girls getting ready out there and be like, I'm gonna break heart tonight.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel. And I get ready for the show every morning. Every morning you're coming here. I'm like, I'm brought to.
Speaker 6: Break some hearts and wake up break some hearts to day.
Speaker 4: Listen to this weekday heartbreaker. That's what I need right there.
Speaker 3: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 4: Now, got your land all cleared?
Speaker 6: Or no, no, never.
Speaker 4: Is that ever, that's never gonna be a thing that's done. They always gonna be up to the project.
Speaker 1: It's just some it's it's I like, Tennessee is great and there's just a lot of trees, but there's a lot of there's a lot of great parts about land that you can uncover when you just gotta knock trees down. And so I don't know, firewood.
Speaker 4: I'll be splitting firewood and John bring it over and for free and unloaded, and they be like, you don't have to help. And I'm like, dude, you brought all this for free, and then you're telling me I don't have to help, so I just go inside. Okay, now I would help a little bit. But yeah, like that's that's fun to you.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean it's just something to do.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's it's more of like feeling like it did something like you know, playing concerts and traveling.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 6: It's fun, but it's still like you want to get out, get dirty.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean, splitting splitting wood is fun for a little bit. I just like to get I like to get it collected.
Speaker 6: And dried out. So because summer loves bonfire, who doesn't like a good bonfire?
Speaker 4: You know, and we got fireplaces overrated, s'mores overrated overrated. Sure, individually all good, but just like all together to too much time to touch messy. It's just not I'm you want to argue that you can.
Speaker 8: I love a good smort like, it's an experience, it's an activity, it's something to do there, it's nostalgic.
Speaker 9: It just feels good, it's warm, it's nostalgic.
Speaker 8: Okay, you can also elevate it and instead of just playing Hershey's chocolate bar, throw a Reese's cup in there.
Speaker 4: That you're making it different. You're like, you can also wear a golden robe.
Speaker 8: Hey, I'm just saying, if you haven't had a smore that way, you're missing out.
Speaker 4: What I regret isn't uh, I'm gonna. I'm gonna get into pistols now, pistols. Okay, you yourself like a guy, because I had, well, not.
Speaker 6: A lot different than bonfires.
Speaker 4: Correct. Well, I'll tell you what I'm getting too. I have multiple shotguns. All I grew up with shotguns. Yeah, different tides of shotguns. I've I think I have two twelve gages now, but I you know, I started the four ten Classic starter shotguns eight twenty gauge went to the twenty twelve gauge. La La. The last time we were up on your property, my wife and your wife they were they were practicing shooting pistol. I didn't because I was like, what I used to have for a pistol, yea, but now I'm starting to feel like I need just for protection a pistol. Do you do you roll? It's not riding dirty because that's haacking. Do you roll with the pistol?
Speaker 6: O'll carry?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or you know not like, oh you can conceal Carrie. But there's a lot of rules you want to fire, you want to go by legally, and yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: It's what do you prefer if someone's if something's happening around the property. What are you grabbing? I guess is my point the pistol or are you grabbing a rifle?
Speaker 1: You gotta feel if you're if you're really talking about self defense, you want to feel whatever you want to use, whatever.
Speaker 4: You're comfortable or animal. So it could be either one right, so self defense or it could be like there's a bear or something that you know, but yeah, self defense. I'm grabbing a shotgun because I feel like I can load and unload that thing. And also I got the chick chick, I got the pumps. Just so that's a sound they can hear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what are you?
Speaker 4: What are you most comfortable with?
Speaker 6: Anything?
Speaker 4: Really? Yeah? I need to come back up.
Speaker 6: I feel like.
Speaker 1: Though, like you talking about side defense, like you have to be prepared like that.
Speaker 6: That's what we we love to talk about.
Speaker 1: Oh, if this guy came up, I'd pull out my grenade launcher boom.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but it's like do you are you ready for that?
Speaker 4: Like? Can you physically.
Speaker 7: Real quick?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Okay, let me ask you that question. First. Could you shoot somebody if they were on your property and they were making making a mess. Let's just say, making a mess that seemed trouble. Could you shoot somebody?
Speaker 1: I mean, it'd be a very it'd be you'd have to instinctly know that that was what you had to do.
Speaker 4: Now ask me.
Speaker 6: There'd be some questions, Ask me, sir, what are you doing out here?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 4: Ask me if what I would if I could. I'm not breaking into your house. No, you don't ask me why I'm here.
Speaker 7: Guys are scene for me?
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, John, it's Bobby it's me. It's me. No, we know each other, been here, I knew how to get to your house. Well, ask me that question, ask you what are you ready? And freaking heartbeat. She's ready, been jumped, have my house broken into, had so many things where it's like, I'm probably too ready.
Speaker 6: Oh, then all you need is to get the shotgun, get the twenty gage, ready to go.
Speaker 4: But I feel like it's just so, it's it's cumbersome, almost like I want to be able to do it, like.
Speaker 6: We didn't.
Speaker 4: Should anybody goes to get a chill you get a gun like that, though I don't know I'm asking for advice. I'm I'm asking for gun advice here.
Speaker 1: I feel like you gotta go and just get yourself prepared. That's the it's the idea is an idea, and it'll always be an idea if you don't work on it, it's it's not a thing.
Speaker 9: It's you should practice, yeah, or be more prepared.
Speaker 4: And my wife was they were calem was up with John and they were practicing. They were getting comfortable learning handguns on John's property, shooting with people, law enforcement, like it was a whole thing. And I was like, I'll pass. I got a twelve games. I'm just starting to feel that I didn't take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: See now we got kids. I got a like fingerprint vault on the night stand with a pistol in it.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, well that's what I mean by prepared. Yeah, Like, and you can't just sleep with a shot like I can just picture Bobby.
Speaker 6: Sleeping.
Speaker 4: Get it's just a dog in the door.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, but yeah, so I mean that's just practice and get yourself prepared.
Speaker 4: You ever consider law enforcement?
Speaker 6: No, I'd rather be a firefighter.
Speaker 4: Was that a consideration?
Speaker 6: At one point?
Speaker 1: I had a lot of friends that were joining in the fire academy in Chico, California, and uh, it sounded like a GRADEA that you know, got a lot of wildfires out in California.
Speaker 6: There's always like there's always work for firefighters.
Speaker 1: But the big thing was it back then and it still is, is that you had to, you know, guaranteed to get a firefighter job. He became a paramedic, and I was more like I'd rather be like working on the engine, you know, riding around instead of like I'm cutting this guy hoping, like I don't you.
Speaker 4: Know, there's because you had to learn that in order to be I don't.
Speaker 1: Consider myself like a great paramedic like the record, if I saw myself showing up to save my life, I'd be like, well, but if I all myself did en off to like.
Speaker 4: With a hose and like, yeah, we're gonna put this Okay.
Speaker 6: That guy's gonna take the thorough out.
Speaker 7: So John's got enough like three times from his chair.
Speaker 6: No, he's how how did energy drink and feeling good? Got some sleep last night? Okay?
Speaker 4: How about Alan Jackson give me a story.
Speaker 1: Just played with Alan Jackson this farewell tour and he go, what I got to tell him that I consider him the Merle Haggard of my generation of listening, you know, like because when he was growing up, he was listened to the Merle Haggard and Merle was the guy that wrote the songs he sang them. And Alan's that guy like he's you know, he wrote so many songs, like remember when I think he wrote that by himself. It's a beautiful song. Uh, you know, dayly the world stopped turning, he like wrote. He's in the Hall of Fame, New York City next to McCartney, Like he's he's the artist songwriter that had some of the biggest songs like a Merle Haggard. And I got to tell him that and like, I think he really met seven to him and he's been a hero mine and I feel like that's uh. That was my latest story with Al, and I got to kind of say, you know, hey, I think you're you're right up there with Merle like artist songwriter.
Speaker 4: Why did you feel like it was time for another album?
Speaker 6: It's always time for another album.
Speaker 4: That was like beer, you know, I never had one single beer. Oh yeah, sounds like a beer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, it's shoot out.
Speaker 6: I'd like to.
Speaker 1: Put you know, eighteen months is what I'd like to put out every you know, put some new music out.
Speaker 6: But it's hard.
Speaker 1: We tour in and it's not like you could just come up with all these great songs in a short amount of time. Sometimes it takes time. So this's been three years, which is crazy, but it goes by so fast, remember when Yeah, I know, it's kind of you know, when last album twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: Years ago, I did a record.
Speaker 1: H but live shows, live shows great, Yeah, feel good, feeling great, Keep yourself in shape all the time.
Speaker 4: You got a lot of energy, you can. Don't want to get up there and get winded.
Speaker 1: No, I mean all my all my songs, my live stuff still how it's all high energy and it's it's only gonna get hotter.
Speaker 6: All right, it's been nice right now.
Speaker 4: But you mean weather. We thought what you meant like the energy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah you oh he is home yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah and temperature wise, I was talking about myself.
Speaker 4: You don't get on seventeen tracks and I have the whole thing, and I could do the thing where we go, which song do you like the best? But what's the last song that you recorded? Because that usually means it's one you fell in love with at the end usually and you're like, we got to get this on the record, and is that true here?
Speaker 6: I think the last one we did was Rush.
Speaker 4: You cut it last? Why?
Speaker 1: Because we needed something with tempo and something that grooved. And that was something I wrote in twenty nineteen that we've been listening for.
Speaker 6: Six years, that you had it for six years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it was just something that means summer we put we We've it passed all the tests, boat tests, car tests, moonlawn tests, all the tests airplane tests, windows down test, night test, dancing tests, had a long time to test it, so I was like, we gotta let's try this. And Jay loved it and he's it's still one of his favorite tracks off the record.
Speaker 4: Is it crazy to call because you wrote that with Ross Kopperman and Bryce Long to call them and be like, remember that song I wrote six years ago? And they're like nope, sure don't. Well, we're gonna cut it. And that's a weird thing, huh.
Speaker 6: They remember that song?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's just because it was different and it sounded it just they remember the song because it spoke. It says like, listen to me.
Speaker 4: Do you think Raw would remember if I said, hey, do you know something? Rush he remember it? If I called him right now, maybe he remembered that. Let's just see how they say John's Let's see if he's doing a good interview or night because you give him good answer. Le's see what he says.
Speaker 6: Oh you're called this.
Speaker 1: He may say you're saying yes, I bet you remembers.
Speaker 6: It's probably not gonna answer.
Speaker 4: He'll call back.
Speaker 6: Amen.
Speaker 1: You remember that day because we were at his used to have this house that was like by a park and it was like a nice thing like that, and everybody was out.
Speaker 4: Dang, he's not gonna hit me back. Dang. You ever get nervous to text anybody that's kind of famous? I was a Texa Kenny Chesney, and I was nervous about it. You ever have that where you're I don't know if I should text him because the're kind of cool.
Speaker 1: A lot of times I don't get their numbers just because of like, you know what, can't can't drunk?
Speaker 6: Diy all that guy look at that?
Speaker 4: Hey, can I tell him what I did?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 4: I'm so glad you said that.
Speaker 8: Okay, Bobby doesn't drink, so I don't know what his excuse like reaching out to someone randomly movie, But he was trying to find Kenny's number in his phone because he's texted with them before.
Speaker 9: But he didn't save it.
Speaker 8: It's not saved as Kenny or anything, because he didn't want to be tempted at any point to just text Kenny because then that would be awkward.
Speaker 4: I don't want to have his name in it. Be like a Thursday night and they play like a clip and a saw on Netflix. I'm like, oh, I should reach out to Kenny.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to. I don't want to give him that option.
Speaker 6: But sometimes you don't even need alcohol. You just have caffeine and an idea.
Speaker 9: You're like, I'm calling everybody, right.
Speaker 4: So that's yeah, so you do that, so you won't even save it because you don't want to call them.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not like we're going to be going to the park together or anything like, you know, sharing ideas unless unless you like, I feel like, if life keeps giving you this person and they keep coming around another time, another time where I'll hang out a guy, let's.
Speaker 6: Get numbers, you know, like it'll kind of give you your friends.
Speaker 1: But if you just like meet Kenny Chesney going down the hallway and somehow get his num number. Hey, but you get caffeine A good idea, Kenny, you know who we need to call Kenny?
Speaker 4: Kenny? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was looking at your tour and by the way, John's all over, I will well link and you go John Party dot com. But got Corey Kent and Cassie Ashton too, folks. I think are just awesome, great both in different ways. I think Cassie is like one of the greatest not fully understood yet pure artists and country music. Yes whenever it's yes. How do you pick your openers?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they kind of you get your lists and you can kind of see what you know and and I really try to, you know, we can you can always like try to throw darboards and see who you can get, but I truly try to when you come in the book and it's like, you know, really give me the realistic of who's available. And Corey, but this one was very natural, like reaching out. Corey was reaching out. His man's reaching out to get a right And then Luke Glaird text me Kathy's new album and so she's always working on songs and just always you know, putting rec putting music out.
Speaker 6: I got to listen to that.
Speaker 1: And she's a friend, Like I said, you about life bringing people in, you know, Kassie and her husband or I think her husband.
Speaker 6: They came to the house and we had a.
Speaker 1: Dinner and we were just singing songs together and like you know, just like little things I remember. So it's like these little you know friends that I was like, yeah, well she needs to be heard. And I've I've had a good track record of like bringing these girls out and then they're like get the rocket ship.
Speaker 6: I mean we had Lainey and Haley. I don't can't.
Speaker 4: Now we're like, Lanney want to call you back? Well, so you were just saying like I can't go to call me back, Chack.
Speaker 1: It's so funny, like sometimes you got DM on Instagram and then they'll respond back, Yetta try that. Because Lene, I was like, because she was on the cover Rolling Stones like UK and I just said badass and then she was like, we gotta get together soon. And I was like I just saw Haley and then we brought Ella out and then Elle is all over the place. So so I'm like, well, obviously, look up you're the key. Good look Chuck or whatever. We're breaking dude.
Speaker 4: That reference. That's the funniest reference anyone's made in the studio in five years. Random. Good Luck Chuck was.
Speaker 6: The movie, right, is that something happened and they just got so successful and never talked to him again. I was like, ill bout Kassie up there.
Speaker 4: Good Luck Chuck was Dane Cook. Yeah, you're the best. Let's do one another song on the new record because we were playing with it before you came in, so we did rush? What's your best? I love ballads, my favorite I love slow songs. What's the best ballad on the road?
Speaker 6: Don't you want to know?
Speaker 4: I do want to know? What's we're doing? We're doing? Who's on first? Who's well?
Speaker 6: Don't you want to know?
Speaker 4: Bobbie raise give me number fourteen?
Speaker 7: Please?
Speaker 4: Don't you want to know? I want to ask you one kind of in the weed structural questions as a yes thank you? As a songwriter, do you ever have a song that you write and you like and it works, but it's not there? It's like eight out of ten as far as like working, so you tempo change it where it's a slow song and you what if we speed it up? Or if it's a song that's got heavy tempo and you go, what if we slow it down? Ross is calling? Hold on, Hey, Ross, Hey, I'm with I'm with John party right now?
Speaker 6: John Oh, trying to get back.
Speaker 4: Don't say anything. Don't say anything. We're a little test here. Do you remember writing any songs with John that you liked? Ever?
Speaker 14: Every song I writer John I like because he's the most talented dude in the world.
Speaker 4: Man, Okay, yeah, yeah, I need a real answer here. So we were talking about a song that he wrote. You wrote with him six years ago. Well, don't you're gonna get so, don't even bring up Heaven. You're gonna spoil it. You wrote a song with him, like six years or so ago, and.
Speaker 14: Over COVID and probably over zoom.
Speaker 4: Do you remember what that song was called? And you just you couldn't get past all the tests. It passed the underwear test, it passed the driving test, that's what he said. But he said he wrote it like six years ago and he put it on the record. Do you remember the name of the song?
Speaker 7: I remember the song I wrote exactly.
Speaker 9: Okay, but actually it was before COVID.
Speaker 4: Okayvid John held up for six years. It probably doesn't help, does.
Speaker 16: It, John Heller? For six years?
Speaker 4: I played the bass, He played the bass.
Speaker 16: Oh oh, at my at my studio.
Speaker 4: Okay, what was the name of it?
Speaker 14: Was that at my studio gone?
Speaker 4: When you were now was that my.
Speaker 14: Old studio when you were cutting the guitars on the bassis?
Speaker 16: I remember that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, okay, do you know what's called?
Speaker 16: This is coming back? I can see the moment, I can see the moment.
Speaker 6: It was a long time ago, though, like it was.
Speaker 14: I remember, I'm sitting on the stool cutting the cutting the guitars naked.
Speaker 16: I can see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was me, I mean Bryce, Yeah, there you go, Okay, it was doing.
Speaker 14: Bryce, I know, yeah, something about fixing about heaven.
Speaker 6: No, no, all I want.
Speaker 4: This song is really good and John's like we loved it. He loved it for so long? Does he even know that I put it on the new record? It's a great point. You ever heard this guy is in P A d R.
Speaker 1: What Like he gets a cut every week, so it's like, I don't know. Let me go back through my cut rollox. Do you remember a song called rush?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I love that song.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you're lying your your your tone change?
Speaker 16: I remember, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 4: Can you sing us a little?
Speaker 16: Oh man?
Speaker 9: I can't wait.
Speaker 8: Just this might help, I think for listeners and context of rock.
Speaker 4: I mean, guys, it's not me because I have two friends here with me.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One that is a massive performing superstar that will not sit down for some reason, he keeps the room. And two I have another really great friend of mine that has forty fifty sixty number one songs he's written or produce, and it was just a numbers game, and I was like, there's no way that both of you guys can remember the same We written.
Speaker 6: A handful of songs together though it's.
Speaker 1: There's we read at a bunch, yeah, and we need to get back together.
Speaker 14: Wait that when I saw your album come out the other day, man, and I saw that song on there, and I was like, golly, I totally forgot about that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, exactly, It's definitely.
Speaker 1: It's definitely one that you forget about, but like it's not for me, I don't forget about.
Speaker 6: You write.
Speaker 1: You see all kinds of artists and songwriters, so you're always writing where I gotta get on a plane and get on the bus. So, but that one really stood a test time.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a real question.
Speaker 16: Thank you, John, Thank you John.
Speaker 14: That is that was a great defense fan.
Speaker 4: No need, I just it's a numbers game more than a quality thing. A real question because on the phone right Ross Kopperman, by the way, do you know how many number ones you have in general, like produce a written.
Speaker 16: It's forty one right now.
Speaker 4: Forty one. So I'm asking and he's worked with a lot of great people. What I want to ask about John is if you're riding with John, Like, what is he like as a creative, a contributor.
Speaker 14: John is.
Speaker 16: I was talking about John the other day. He has such a sense of who he is.
Speaker 14: And it's so funny me and my wife are literally talking about you in the cars of the day, dude, because when your songs came on the radio and we just look at each other like, dude, John has.
Speaker 16: Always stayed true and authentic to who he is.
Speaker 14: You've always just done your thing, and I feel like that is so commendable.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 16: You've You've always.
Speaker 14: Just stay true and so many artists say things you do you man, and it's authentic to you and it's it's John Party country dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had to reboot his whole system for a shuffle.
Speaker 14: Like we did a shuffle, and you know that's not a very common like if you're looking for loops, there's not a lot of shuffles like in a lot of loop banks and stuff.
Speaker 16: It throws the whole system off to do a shuffle.
Speaker 9: Joke, This is mart will get So a shuffle is authentic to John.
Speaker 6: Shuffles head over boots the one he's talking about.
Speaker 4: He's not joking, he's.
Speaker 14: Not joking when you shuffle is just not.
Speaker 16: A common feel, you know.
Speaker 14: Okay, Well, so honestly that becomes the reason why John is playing bass and guitar on these songs, because he ends up having to play the field.
Speaker 4: Oh, because he is him and he Yeah, that's a good point. Like if he's true to himself and the song still like him, why not have him feel within the song?
Speaker 6: Hey, I getting this guy and he can't and he is he can do it.
Speaker 14: And you know, most artists can't sit down and throw a bass on the track or throw guitar down or you know, he does it all.
Speaker 6: We say that with love to all the artists out there. They can't play bass.
Speaker 4: What else have you guys written together? Do you know?
Speaker 7: We did know?
Speaker 6: We don't have any hits, but we got good songs.
Speaker 9: Go song.
Speaker 14: Why you know why I feel like we have good songs together because I always feel like with John, he's so talented.
Speaker 16: I feel like I just like to.
Speaker 14: Just let him do his thing and let and I kind of just hang on for the ride and let John do John. And I feel like that's when John, that's when our great artists make the best music to be to me, is not when somebody else is telling them, Hey, this.
Speaker 7: Is the you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, I would say that if you jumped in a little more, maybe you'd have hits with him.
Speaker 6: What there's a song. There's a song called Heaven that we wrote with Shane and it's honest, it's no, no, it's it's one of Summer's favorites. But like it was like at the time.
Speaker 1: At the time, everybody had a title called Heaven or something with Heaven in it, and so it really got put into the catalog.
Speaker 4: So it's still it's not out yet.
Speaker 6: Still it's not only.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't wait, and Summer is going to see this, this conversation and I'm gonna hear all about it?
Speaker 4: Are you all of a right? Ross?
Speaker 6: No back for he's on the beach. He's at the beach. You got forty one number number one you had to beat.
Speaker 4: Hey, the funniest thing on Ross and I play pickle ball together, and we'll just put a playlist on a play and I'll just go to Ross Kafferman like you can just go like all songs written by Ross Cofferan, and I make him listen to all his own songs. He's written as we play, distracts the crap out of him.
Speaker 14: Beat him every time, Bobby, Bobby destroys me at pickleball, like shamefully every time.
Speaker 6: I just while he's playing your music, just like playing.
Speaker 14: My music like I'm embarrassed already and I was just get kicked every time.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for answering the song Rush. You should hear it. It's really great on It's on John's new record the other day. Thanks.
Speaker 7: Ross.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll get back into books. See you, buddy, love you man, There is there is Ross Copperen Hockey tok Hollywood. Heck you, heck you. You guys are both good dudes.
Speaker 6: I love Roth.
Speaker 1: We have a great time. It's been I mean I have at wrote are we trying to get back? It just gets harder. You throw kids.
Speaker 4: Don't throw your kids, dude, they're not big enough throw.
Speaker 7: Like you throw kids in the mix of doing in the mix.
Speaker 4: I like you just throwing kids. I was like, dude, I know what you went the farm man.
Speaker 7: You throw kids in the schedule.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like schedule gets real tight.
Speaker 4: Tour kicks off April twenty fifth Hockey Talk Hollywood, seventeen tracks My I'll say it now, my favorites. Rush that's the best.
Speaker 6: Song you heard.
Speaker 4: I liked it. I felt it me too, loved it.
Speaker 6: It's a sexy song. There's a lot, there's a lot of there's a lot of vibes on it.
Speaker 4: You don't realize this, but I've taken all my clothes the whole time we're doing an interview. Is so sexy. There's a boat that's a good I'm wa need to doing right now. Only got a shirt on he rush bo on the ocean.
Speaker 9: But we've tested it everywhere though. It's good everywhere, it's good everywhere.
Speaker 4: Before you leave, you want to take the challenge.
Speaker 6: I was ready. I'm prepared for bop it. Yeah, okay, caqu.
Speaker 4: Eat the scoreboard up behind him? Can we set it up to go with a mic?
Speaker 6: I don't know how I'm gonna do but well.
Speaker 4: And many artists have come in and performed on bop It. Some have done wonderfully, some have failed miserably. Because it's easy to get off, oh y and bob. It is a classic game where there's a thing you twist, there's the thing you pop, and there's a thing you pull and it tells you what to do on the leaderboard right now, we have Dirk Spentley leading with eighteen, we have Matt Carney with sixteen, we have Kept More with nine, and next up will be John Party.
Speaker 7: You can you can beat eighteen?
Speaker 1: John, I mean it seems easy, but it's uh, it just takes one time, amen, brothers, for a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Amen, one time. So let's uh, let's get it. Let's make sure it works. Get straight. Okay, then what and then you're ready to go? You guys ready, safety, ladies.
Speaker 7: And it takes one time.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen, plan by and we gotta be quiet when it's over. Oh and I want to like, Okay, I gotta argue it okay, and go pull it again. Here we go a little higher.
Speaker 18: Bobby twisted Pully Pully Boppy twisted, twisted, twisted, Bobby twisted, Pully boppy, Pully, Pully twisted, Boppy Boppy, Bobby Pully twisted, twisted, Pully, twisted, Pully Boppy twisted.
Speaker 4: Remember no Red.
Speaker 7: Wow twenty five for John Party, amazing.
Speaker 4: I didn't know it was that high wow job dude, So now everybody check out his album. Otherwise, if he did, we were going to say, don't listen to it. Top of the leaderboard, Yes twenty five. The album is out at is honky Tonk Hollywood, Go John Party dot com, P A R D I and Uh. He's got a great opening acts, He's got a ton of hits. I love him and go to see you again, buddy. Tell everybody I said hello and good luck with the record.
Speaker 6: Man, Thank you, love you to love you guys. Thank you so much for having you.
Speaker 4: Have to leave the bop it though I was gonna read this supress, I know I can tell. I can tell.
Speaker 16: John, thank you.
Speaker 4: Did you crushed the BOPA you destroyed Derek.
Speaker 7: That's awesome, man.
Speaker 3: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Most days I walk into the studio smiling, head held high.
Speaker 4: It's a good day. We're gonna get some work done.
Speaker 2: But you know, every so often I leave the studio with my head a little bit hung and not doing so well. In this segment is one of those reasons. Apparently we decided to enlist chat GPT's helped to roast all of the show members, and let's just say chat GBT kind of knows us a little too well, or maybe we're posting too much on the internet.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Number two, I asked chat gpt to roast all of us. Do you guys want to hear it what it wrote? Yes, I would love it. It went hard on me. It did a whole page on me.
Speaker 7: Oh whole page.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So here's the first one. Bobby's like the human version of an iPhone update, slightly better every year, but somehow still exhausted and glitchy. Oh that was light. Just wait. Bobby's the only person who can make standing next to a celebrity look like a make a wish moment.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, that's harsh. Man, did he gets so much harder?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Bobby has everything money can buy, accept the ability to take a compliment without looking like you just threatened him. Man, another one. Here's another one. Bobby overcame poverty, addiction to his family and every statistic stacked against him, and now his biggest problem is deciding whether to post a selfie or spiral for three hours about it.
Speaker 7: First, do you like this?
Speaker 4: How do they know you?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 4: Oh? You guys are on here too, don't worry. Yeah, this is the roast? Okay? And then here's I'll give you one more meal, although it's a whole page. I'll read some more on the podcast later today. Bobby is the version of the American dream. Start with nothing, work harder than everyone else, win everything, and still wonder if anybody likes you.
Speaker 7: True, that's hard.
Speaker 4: Huh. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you laughing so you don't cry?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I just think that that's so funny. How they just nail all that stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they know too much.
Speaker 4: If impostor syndrome were a person, it would have Bobby's teeth, glasses and childhood trauma.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, dang dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, you're gonna move to Amy?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh no, Amy, are you okay? Okay?
Speaker 9: Because this is not this isn't a real human this is right, This is made by AI.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Amy is the only person who can take a thirty second story and turn it into a ten minute saga about her journaling a dead bird and a pintress quote. Okay, Amy's been Amy's been through more therapy than anyone on the show, and somehow still ends every story sounding like she's just giving advice to herself.
Speaker 6: A kid.
Speaker 4: Here's another one.
Speaker 9: Hmm.
Speaker 4: You're starting to feel a little bit.
Speaker 9: Of what just keep going okay, I mean so far, it's like I'm like, okay, not wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm proud of Amy. She's proved that you can outgrow your problems and immediately find brand new even more complicated wants to replace.
Speaker 9: Something that's rude. That's rude. I no, no, no, I've a vaulted.
Speaker 4: What we're worried about. I didn't do my we're not fighting back. I didn't find I uh.
Speaker 8: Chased chaos because that's what my nervous system was used to. But now my nervous system is level. I don't chase the chaos.
Speaker 4: Here's one more about Amy, and I'll do the rest on the podcast later today. Amy is the only person who can survive divorce, grief, and therapy and still get emotionally wrecked forgetting where she parked her car at Target. Not wrong, Okay, okay, these are so hardcore and like right on Lunchbox. Lunchbox is living proof that confidence has absolutely nothing to do with confidence.
Speaker 7: Oh god, exactly.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Lunchbox is what happens when you dire a frat house to raise a child.
Speaker 9: Oh that is a slam against his parents.
Speaker 6: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: My Lunchbox's dream job is quote celebrity too bad. You actually have to be likable, talented, or remotely self aware to get there. Look where I am, Eddie?
Speaker 7: Just give me one dude. Come on.
Speaker 4: Eddie's been trying to go viral on Instagram for three years and the only thing he's gotten famous for is being the dad that tries way too hard.
Speaker 7: It's not funny, swinging a miss.
Speaker 4: Eddie has four kids and still believes he's a cool parent. That's cute, delusional, but cute. And then one more. Eddie's life advice is amazing if you want to end up with four kids, a mortgage, and a fading dream of being a musician.
Speaker 7: That was too real. Hei not funny.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go to Morgan.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Morgan. His Instagram is ninety percent coffee cups and ten percent soft. Launching a boyfriend that no one's ever actually met. There, that was hardcore. Morgan is basically a human Pinterest board. Cute, colorful, and completely useless in case of an emergency. Yeah dang. And then one more. Morgan's Instagram looks like she's living her best life until you realize it's just four hundred pictures of latte, sunsets, and men, she refuses to commit to. Oh sorry, Morgan crying not in evacuate, that's hard hurd.
Speaker 9: Wait what did Morgan ask you? Are you crying? Are you laughing?
Speaker 8: Zoo?
Speaker 9: Don't cry?
Speaker 6: Exactly what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: I have one for Abby. Oh they went after Abby. Oh, I have one for Abby, Ray and Mike. They didn't go as hard on them because I guess there's less on the internet about them.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Abby's singing dreams are alive and well, just like her Amazon cart that's full of stuff she'll never actually buy.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 8: Is that mean?
Speaker 6: I mean, Lunchblock has the rested me harder than that.
Speaker 4: That's true. It basically it means you're never gonna make it, just like just like that Amazon carts full stuff you're never gonna buy. Ray Mundo raised like a walking red bull, jittery, a loud and making choices he'll regret by noon. Yeah, that's fine and true. We're all yeah, yeah, yeah. And then Mike D. Mike D is a silent assassin of the show, barely talks, but when he does, it's usually destroy your dreams and quietly and politely, there you go. I they were nicer to them. Well, there's not as much about them to go as hard. I'll end on this one about me. Bobby is the version of the American dream, if the dream was anxiety, childhood scars and googling? Am I good enough? Every night before? Better?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Dang, Yeah, you went the hardest on me for her. I went the hardest on me. I'll do the rest later.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because you have a whole page.
Speaker 4: Right, it's just like it's all like you think it's a compliment at first. Bobby's success is inspiring mainly because it proves you can have crippling insecurity, overwhelming anxiety, and childhood abandonment issues and still end up richer than any bully who's ever bullied you. So that one kind of a sandwich has like a slam in the middle. Okay, well everybody fell roasted. Yeah good, thanks thanks chat GVT. It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Lunchbox came into the studio claiming he was the victim of a crime, which sometimes is hard to trust Lunchboxes. He's come in claiming a whole lot of things, but this time this claim actually has some validity. He shared the whole story what went down, And I feel.
Speaker 4: Bad for the guy. Number one Lunchbox claims he was the victim of a serious crime, and he has proof, he says now a lot of times he cries wolf, so we don't believe him. But what is the serious crime? What happened?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just gonna say this crime is punishable by up to eleven months in jail and a fine of up to twenty five hundred dollars and a suspension of your driver's license. I was driving down the highway, fully strapped, fully strapped. Your seatbelt was on, Yeah, my wife's seat belt was on. Strap means gone, go ahead. Three kids in their car seats, all in the vehicle, middle lane, going probably about sixty five to seventy miles an hour, right there by the airport. When I look up and there's this car flying in the right hand lane, and this hot rod thinks he's unfast, and the furious thinks he's been Diesel out there. Tries to go from the right lane all the way over to the left lane, so we had to hit go right lane, middle lane.
Speaker 4: We understand how this skip two lanes? Yeah? Yeah, And as he comes across that middle lane. He baim the back of the vehicle. You got clipped. Clipped makes me fishtail a little bit to the right. Oh dang.
Speaker 5: Got Luckily I had two hands on the wheel able to correct it. My wife is like, what are you doing. I'm like, I didn't do that, and I was like, she didn't know that a car hits you. No, And I'm like, we just got hit. And the guy goes on my left and just keeps zooming. No way I can catch him. And then I look in the side of you mirror and the bumper is just flapping in the wind.
Speaker 4: Nailed us. So you got hitting, run, hit and run. Crazy that your wife didn't know what that was. No, she was like, what was that? Yeah, you're so fortunate that it didn't spin you and you hit another car.
Speaker 7: My goodness, So what do you do now?
Speaker 4: I had to pull over at the corner of Happy and Healthy. Okay, it didn't go to Walgreens. I did. Oh you did? Say?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 5: No, I okay, got it and I got duct tape and I had to sit there and duct tape it to the side of the car to hold it on.
Speaker 4: Wait, I thought it was flopping down the road.
Speaker 5: No, no, it was half off, just flapping in the wind, got it, And you don't want to lose the whole thing. You don't want the bumper to fly off and hit someone. So I had to pull over and duct tape this thing while I was fully strapped.
Speaker 4: You're not wearing a gun, so the guy's just gone gone hitting run you're out out. I mean, look at that, guys, that is danger right there. Man, look at Yeah, I mean that sucks it. That's really looked like if you could be flapping that much though, but it seems like, yeah, it was like like a little.
Speaker 5: Piece wasn't No, it was flailing guys like, I mean, it looked like you know, one of those guys at the car dealership.
Speaker 4: Guys. Yeah, you're very fortunate that I guess he didn't hit you so deep into your like wheelbase that it flipped your whole car down right, And the fact that he didn't stop, so it didn't make him do anything. He just kept going.
Speaker 6: He just kept going.
Speaker 9: He's obviously in a hurry.
Speaker 5: You chase him, you know, dude, fast and furiousvan Diesel was going probably eighty five ninety No chance I was getting that hot.
Speaker 4: Call the cops couldn't didn't have a licensed by what am I going to call? Hey, I want one?
Speaker 9: It took your favorite thing to do.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you, mister nine one one didn't call nine one one. By the time nine one one got there, the dude would have been in freaking Kentucky. They have cameras, man, they do. Yeah, so what's the move from here? I don't know. Now I got to figure out how to pay for it. Insurance, that's what you call it, call your insurance.
Speaker 9: I mean I was I'm shocked you didn't call nine one one, regardless of if the car was in sight or not. It was like something you would do. Be like I just got hit on the highway and they ran off, and.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be like, what kind of car? Be like it was a black hot rod. He looked like Vin Diesel. Did he look like Van Diesel or he was he was acting like Vin Diesel.
Speaker 4: I couldn't even see the.
Speaker 9: Guy, But I mean, how many black hot rods are the Probably a lot, I mean a lot.
Speaker 4: I mean it's just a black car going fast.
Speaker 7: He didn't look like.
Speaker 8: Curious.
Speaker 4: Imagine getting that call in nine one one car a black hot rod? Do you any idea what the driver looked like. And he was like a Caucasian dude that is flopping in the wind. That's half the bumper, Okay, I mean, yeah, that's not that's not I'm just killed off from the side.
Speaker 9: It's worse than I thought now that I'm seeing it on the big screen, it is.
Speaker 7: That's like a fourth of the bumper enough to fly flopping nude.
Speaker 4: Okay. Anyway, I'm sorry that happened to you. A great job by correcting it, yes, say, and saving everybody's life. That's what I did. So I may be a hero, but I mean I was just doing what I had to do. That's why we're not gonna call you here. I don't worry about it. Yeah, but my kids, right, dad, what what happened? What happened? I'm like, we got hit? What we got hit? And I'm like, yes, it's okay, though, don't worry. I got it under control. You got hit once too, back in our early days, where you were sitting in the red lightning and drunk got plowed into you, right.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he drive off on that one too. No, he couldn't drive off because he was stuck in my trunk.
Speaker 5: He was going so fast, He's going about forty five fifty and he never hit the brakes, hit the central that's when I had a Nissan CenTra. And that's I mean, I was three months from paying off and I mean he drilled me.
Speaker 4: Boom, sounds like he's a man a projects. So he drilled me from behind.
Speaker 5: Oh, and my dad hit the windshield with his head, cracked the windshield.
Speaker 9: And was he strapped?
Speaker 4: No, he wasn't strapped. He was not strapped. That was that's my dad didn't like to strap.
Speaker 5: And so then I get out of the car and the guy's like, man, I don't know why you're stopping on I thirty five.
Speaker 4: We weren't on I thirty five, guys, we were on six twenty.
Speaker 5: We were at a stop light and we were going to see my cousin play baseball. And he told on my car they had to get a tow truck to the front of my car in the back of his to get him out of my trunk.
Speaker 4: Two toe trucks, yes, two different roa trucks. Can I ask you that question here? You always tell you how unlucky you are, dude. That is so, But no, no, no, no, no, I'm gonna tell you how lucky it was. Just just step back for one second, because it's like the lottery, the lottery gods. I never get lucky. I never got on a real world, the world. You have two instances where he easily could have died, yes, and neither happened. But the world does hate me because I was three months from paying off that center man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was green, lived, she was beautiful, and then they totaled the car, so I had That's when I upgraded to the Ultima. But I had to start my payments all over because guess what, that guy had no insurance, so they didn't even cover it.
Speaker 4: So it's all on me. I would say, look at this as a fortunate thing that happened to you instead of everything in your life sucks, which you'd normally say anything.
Speaker 5: But it was a blessing disguise because I got fifteen years out of that Altima.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's amazing. And you paid her off. No, I paid her off in like five years. But I had her. I mean I had her. That's like she signed in NBA. Didn't show your secrets, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's the best bits of the Week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 2: That's it for me this weekend. Friends, Thanks for hanging out with me, for being here, for catching up on the Bobby Bone Show, and again check out part one, Part three this weekend. Also, while you're at it, go subscribe to the Bobby Bone Show YouTube page because although we have missed our deadline of f and I'm not sure at the recording of this if we had hit it yet for our one hundred dollars, but by August, if we get to five hundred thousand subscribers, then Bobby is going to pay myself, Eddie and Lunchbox which still don't understand the lunchbox thing one thousand dollars. So go subscribe. Lots of content up there, all the content we talk about here. I try and make sure we put lots and lots of video visuals up there for you guys. So go check it out and I'm going to get out of here.
Speaker 4: By friends.
Speaker 3: That's the best bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platform Bobby Bomb
Speaker 15: Show and followed web girl Morgan to submit your listener Questions for next week's episode,