Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey catch the entire show wherever you get podcast, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, here we go America.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up? Warrior? Alabama? Looks like they're ready to go today.
Speaker 1: You aw Pennsylvania Lake, Gunnersville, Rabbit Trail Road and Lee Olma, Tennessee. Come out Tammy, Tammy, Robbinsville, North Carolina.
Speaker 4: H Keith Morrison and.
Speaker 1: What happened next? We change the landscape?
Speaker 5: Free?
Speaker 3: What upsee domes Mike, Alabama. Let's go Parksville, Tennessee where it nearly died in the plane.
Speaker 6: Crash, Union City, Tennessee, Hayden, Alabama, Huntsville, Alabama, Caneyville, Altoona, Scottsborough.
Speaker 3: Let's go. You babies are up and teething. Let's go. All you can eat Barbecue.
Speaker 6: Buffay Pensacola, Florida.
Speaker 3: A warm eagle from Tusca Loosa, Louisville. Kentucky. Already, let's go.
Speaker 1: As you can see, the world is ready. Thank you for being with us. Shelby County. I see you, Bie for a wire Incorporated faith you turn it up?
Speaker 3: You want elater?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so we're ready to go. A lot to do today. The world is upside down. Ceasefire not a ceasefire, Yes, a cease fire. Not really, we'll talk about that today. Big headlines. Guess who returns to the show today, Frank Caliendo. How much fun is it gonna be to have Frankie back? Frankie? So we'll get we'll get an update with Frank Caliendo. Chattanooga, Tennessee, Nashville, Tennessee. He's coming to see you in July, Phoenix, Arizona. I see you there, Aurora, Illinois. You guys are on Frank's list as he is going to be going out and doing what only he can do. He's one of the best. I mean, when it comes to people impressions, we have a very very high standard. If you're going to do impressions, they need to be like like you know, if you're gonna do impressions, they can't be kind of good. No offense speedy. They can't be kind of good. I mean, they have to be really good. H And Frankie is as good as it gets. So he's coming up a little bit later on. It will be fun to catch up with him. In a bizarre twist, it's National patch Day, yeah weird officially, and we want to enjoy your patches yep, even though I think we all feel Larry's shifting to dog sleds for some reason. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Dogs, dogs, dogs, ye, which I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: Not thrilled with. I think that I thought, is there anything I could be less interested in than patches? And it's dog sleds. You know, as far as I don't mind hearing about it every now and then, but I don't want to constantly hear about dog sleds and sled dogs. I find myself kind of wanting to get back to the patch thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know patches at least with at least you got dogs with dog sleds exactly. Patches aren't that. I mean you can look at them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at least you can display them. At least there's some variety with patches. And once you've seen a sled dog, haven't you seen them all.
Speaker 7: You can say, Patches, Yeah, he's on patch Day. I shouldn't. I shouldn't slander Patches on patch day of all days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let the man have a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, to me, Larry will always be the patch man.
Speaker 8: He'll never be the sled man. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But just in on you, son. My daddy was a working man.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we'll we'll talk about that today speedy least tomorrow for Larry quest it's tomorrow, my friend. Yeah. Anybody's wondering how the roads are from Birmingham, Alabama to the Huntsville speeding Now I can tell you.
Speaker 8: We tracked those yesterday.
Speaker 9: We did.
Speaker 1: We did. Uh, we did, we did.
Speaker 2: Terry pulled up, uh, Larry and Carolyn's address and uh, she said, wow, she's not not easy way to get there, is it, Honey. I'm like, no, that's really it. And it's kind of in between and you got to go around and do all this. And then then it's the question we all always ask, do you dare go to Atlanta?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: And you go around your elbow to get.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 8: I just screamed, no, you avoid no, no, oh Atlanta.
Speaker 1: No, Atlanta. You got enough people, enough now, enough now, and let's finish it. And I think is Atlanta ever finished?
Speaker 2: And I guess we determined with the Man Church over in Atlanta this year when we were riding along and stuck in traffic and we weren't going anywhere, and there was no wrecks, there was not even any construction.
Speaker 1: It was just people.
Speaker 2: We just decided there's just too many people here.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 2: I'm we got six lanes. There's just too many people.
Speaker 1: Everybody here, everybody, You're all right, okay, some of you, it's all right, see some of the on the text nation. I'm starting now to get to the hay Burgess. Okay, it's straight up you and me birds. I'm genuinely concerned about speeding. Okay, it's gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, you know, talking to them again, because you know, I'll communicate with them, uh, talking to them yet today they're so excited and they can't wait. They got their Rick Burgess show t shirts in the mail yesterday, a gift to them for all their support, and they're just so fired up about that. And so they're just where I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: They're just a sweet little couple.
Speaker 8: I'm seeing two things this trip.
Speaker 2: They just love this show. I love Patches and slits.
Speaker 1: I love text Nation that says, you know, I'm basically paraphrasing, but if anybody thinks what they do for a living is anywhere close to what we do for a living, we're the only people, and you, specifically that have to explain to your wife why you've decided to go to Dublin, Georgia and spend the night with listeners, right right, No one that's good. No one else has to walk that up.
Speaker 7: We had a lot of people have to have that conversation.
Speaker 3: We had.
Speaker 2: We had a sales rep in studio post show yesterday for our flagship and she was confused on what was going on. And it is hard to walk out when you say, now, I'm going to spend the night with some listeners.
Speaker 7: You just said that, You just left that hanging out there. Well, I'm going to sleep. I'm going to sleep at a listener's house.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She looks at me like what it's a hard one. Yeah, it's it's tough.
Speaker 7: No listen to hear me out. They collect patches and they're really in the dog slat. Yeah, just so you know, none of that makes.
Speaker 1: Anything nothing to be concerned about. From text nation, that's a shocker. How do I get Rick Burgess show t shirts? Okay? Wow, okay, just go to's tough on you go to Rick burgesshow dot com and click on shop. That's right there. I'm not confident all the all the stuff there. Well, you know, that's one of those things that proves again what we do for a living. We think that everybody hears everything we talk about every minute of every day. See, it seems like we mentioned the store a lot, but here's a listener going, I don't think I've ever really heard y'all had a store, New people coming on Greg, new people being being brought to the loop. I did get to interact yesterday with a sales team you know in Huntsville where the show is is number one. Thank you. We we just seen the latest ratings there and that's that's the great news. And and interacting with clients and listeners yesterday. You'd be surprised the things that that they catch, the things they catch partially, those.
Speaker 8: Are the best, those have the best stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get second hand right, those are always good. By the way, he did have a guy there who you know sells for us there in Huntsville, who you know is and I'm sorry, Speedy, he's made the mistake of being with me and being bald and having a goateee. So yeah, and I finally just I said, why don't we just go with it? He said, I'm in So he was speedy there for a while.
Speaker 2: We just got tired of explaining, right, you know, Okay, so you told everybody I was there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they were very glad to meet you. And I will tell you this, he did well, he was.
Speaker 2: The same down as you. I just didn't get to the event.
Speaker 1: It's possible that really he's a nicer guy than any of us. So it was a good representation.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, that's awesome. We need the represented me.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good. If you can find a body double for me and Adler, we can really Yeah. Yeah, well, also we'll come back. We we thought we were going to come on the air today and announce the ceasefire. And as we were all riding into work, somebody in Iran, a ron shot another missile, so and and Iran.
Speaker 8: Saying, hey, we didn't officially shoot it.
Speaker 2: They're saying that was not.
Speaker 1: We think somebody went rogan shot one at Israel. Israel says, well, if you shoot one that we have to shoot back. That's right, So they going to So the twelve day War ended, then it started.
Speaker 2: Again right four hours in to the seafire. So well, hopefully killer heads will prevail. But yeah, the news was Iran said.
Speaker 1: It wasn't them, but yeah, because I don't know as so as soon as I got up and was driving in, the headlines were well, the ceasefire lasted for four whopping hours, right, uh and uh and then as you said, they've walked that back a little bit just within the hour after that.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we'll see, we'll try to figure it all out.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 8: I also want to tell you that I have the honor today.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, we're dealing with Andy andrews Andy's a lot like me. He means well and a lot of times he thinks he knows, but sometimes can step out.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: And he told me that today we should kind of been his team, not him.
Speaker 1: But he told me that today our conversation on his podcast The Noticer will be released today.
Speaker 8: That's from Andy Rick.
Speaker 1: He's pretty solid. What are you talking about and he said, can be a little all over the road. Yeah, I would have liked to have heard from a producer. I would have liked to have heard that from the team, as opposed to he and I cutting up him going yeah, I think you're gonna be on this just coming touson. I think that's why not. I think, Okay, so that I think I don't feel as confident with it as I would love to have now.
Speaker 8: But but that's what he said, Okay, not what she said.
Speaker 1: What he said. So anyway, so that's been going on. Uh so look for that wherever you get podcasts. So ceasefire, no cease fire here, a ceasefire there. Far So you know, we we dropped the bombs. It was beautifully executed by our military.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 8: The world took notice.
Speaker 1: I know some of you, it's not your thing.
Speaker 8: For me personally, I think this was a great moment for America.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 8: It was something that we needed to kind of let the world know that our drift.
Speaker 1: And some of the ridiculous things we've been doing through other administrations are over and we mean business. We're returning to peace through strength. We're going to try to be wise with our military We're not going to peddle around. We're going to use the most powerful weapons that we have. If you look at every place right now in this administration, you feel pretty good about the people that are there. I mean when you're looking at the team and you're like, I slept pretty good last night with this team. So the fact that Iran so quickly, regardless of what happened with this little skirmish overnight, that they are coming to the table for ceasefire this fast and this thing where they tried to save face by tossing a little something at one of our military bases and guitar, we shot it down with no problem, is it jd Vance the saying now that look, we were even giving a heads up on that. I mean, the people there can't can't. They don't know what's going on in the world.
Speaker 8: I mean, the over.
Speaker 1: Oppressive regime they just cut the internet off and the people have no access to news some the outside world. So they just have to believe what they're being told through the propaganda. And so they're telling them we're retaliating. You know, they have to save face. These evil regimes have to do this. But then, according to jd Vance, They're like, heads up, here comes something, We're gonna shoot at you, so you can shoot it down.
Speaker 8: They don't want trouble.
Speaker 1: No, they understand that the United States of America and its allies, which include Israel, are an overwhelming military force that they have no hope against. Yes, correct, And when you're dealing with these kind of evil regimes, I wish it wouldn't this way either.
Speaker 8: It's the only thing they understand. And I'm sorry, I wish the world wasn't that way.
Speaker 1: I really do. You're never going to go soft with these radical Islamic tyrannical regimes. All they see when you do that is weakness. They never see it as kindness. They never see it as hey, maybe we should like them.
Speaker 8: That just does not work.
Speaker 1: When some one, as David Nassar said, whose family fled in nineteen seventy nine from Iran. He said, the fifteen percent and the ruling tyrannical government, when they say death to America, death to Israel, they mean it. And if they see you as evil and think that they're being mandated by their version of God to annihilate you, overwhelming force and breaking their will to do it is all you got and then when they do stop, you have to understand their stopping to try to strengthen themselves again to try it again later. So you just kind of get moments in times of peace, but you'll never We're not going to have peace in the Middle East until the Lord Jesus Christ ends this thing once and for all. I hate to break that to everybody, but we should strive to have periods of peace, and so I think this is accomplishing that, or I hope it will. It looks like it's go to but never think that it's over, because it won't be. And you need to remember that when people when administrations time out and it's time to elect another administration, always remember this will always be a problem and you better elect people who know how to handle it, yeah, because it's never going to what right. What you're looking for are periods of peace, and I hope we're going to enter one right now after this.
Speaker 7: And you're seeing a lot of things play out in the same fashion. When Trump took out Solomony in twenty twenty, I ran that was a great well executed, you know, cutting with a razor blade type of attack. When Trump took out Solomony in twenty twenty. Iran did have to respond to quote like you guys are talking about save face, but they did give us a heads up so that we could get you know, our people out of there, that kind of thing. And you know, I played that bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb. I ran that funny parody song because in this situation, this was a very target attack. It was very successful. Zero civilian casualties, and that's what I was celebrating. Never against the Iranian people of any kind. And it is an evil regime that we're going to have to deal with over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: And this is the way you deal with them. They don't understand anything else. Now, we'll be right back, ladies.
Speaker 3: Listen up.
Speaker 2: You've heard us talk about this.
Speaker 1: Listen. Share the Arrows is one of the most powerful women's events happening this year, hosted by Blaze TV's own Ali Bath Stuckey. It's going to be happening in October and Dallas, Texas, actually October the eleventh. If there's a woman in your life who's been craving real encouragement and biblical truth.
Speaker 2: Your wife, your daughter, your sister, this is for her.
Speaker 1: It's a full day of Worship teaching powerful conversation with bold women like Ginger Dugger, also Alyssa, Katie Faust will be there, Taylor Dukes and more. Now worship is led by the ultra talented Francesca Batistelli. It's gonna be something really, really special. So you know how loud the culture can get a lot of noise out there. This is a chance to push the Paul's button, lean into truth and get recentered on your purpose. Send someone you love or go yourself. Tickets and details are found at Share the Arrows with an s, Share the Arrows dot com and yes, VIP options are still available. Text Nation what okay, so the Text Nation as we start the hour. If you want to be part of that, you can. You can Texas at eight eight eight the text line six two four four eight sixty nine. It's the same as the phone line eight eight eight six. Big Vox said that Trump just dropped an F bomb on live TV from Text Nation. I don't know that. Apparently this has to do with the ceasefire. And then Iran or Ron says somebody rogue launched another missile or two or three at at Israel. He may have responded to that because he says he's not happy with Ron and right now he's not happy with Israel either, because they're not abiding by the seafire. So maybe in that process maybe he let one flyp I don't know, but text Nation said so it's blue. Yeah, so he's supposed to be he's supposed to be headed to the Netherlands today.
Speaker 7: Okay, I got it so.
Speaker 8: Well, we can't play that, I can.
Speaker 7: I can edit it, right.
Speaker 1: I don't think he didn't. They say you almost said it.
Speaker 7: No, he says it, y'all, I just heard it. He says it and then turns to the helicopter.
Speaker 8: Oh my half, come on, not happy at all? Right, so how are you going to beep it.
Speaker 13: With?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 1: Should I have? The dumb button? Ready? The present YouTube? I'm sorry, Yeah, we're ready. Okay, he says.
Speaker 7: At the end urs hour, just drop everything you have on them.
Speaker 3: So I'm not happy with them.
Speaker 13: I'm not happy with the Ron either, But I'm really unhappy if Israel is going out this morning because the one rocket that didn't land, that was shot perhaps by mistake, that didn't land, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not happy about that.
Speaker 13: You know what we have, we basically have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, they don't know what the blank they're doing. Okay, as clear as day, clear as a bell, here as a bag of nothing. I'm clear.
Speaker 3: So hey, this is that.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you where he is.
Speaker 8: And if you if you've ever been there, he is in that place. Maybe you've had.
Speaker 1: This experience in your family, Maybe you've had this experience with a friend where they just can't see them get their act together. Yeah, and you have tried, and you have fixed, and you have helped, and you have set back up, and you've helped again, and you've got them set up again, and they just can't get their act together and you just get to the end of yourself on it, right, And I think you saw a little bit of that right there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard to trust an evil regime with their what they say they're going to do. So that's that's Iran and then Israel. You know they're gonna go, well, we're going to respond if if they're going to break the seas fire and they're firing on us, we're gonna respond with force. And I think I think Trump's saying, you know, first of all, I ran and we've we've said this, they've come out and said, hey, that wasn't a government sponsor, that wasn't uts. Now if you believe them, it's it's tough. Do you believe them? Do you not believe them? And Israel on that front, you're gonna have to say, well, it didn't even get to you. And and we're just gonna have.
Speaker 1: To let that one.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's still move forward with the ceasefire. And it is a tough spot to be in, I know, for Israel because Iran has broke everybody's trust for so long. You don't know, are they serious? Are they not serious? We still need to defend ourselves and so it's it's a tough spot. And he's in the middle trying to make it work.
Speaker 1: Yep. And that's what you heard. Yeah. See, he wanted to head off to the Netherlands today and it's some sort of something. What is this summit he's going to.
Speaker 8: It's all the allies?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 8: I forget which one it is? But and he's you know, he wants to he.
Speaker 1: Wants to walk in there and say, twelve day war, got to cease fire handled. And now they're messing that up.
Speaker 7: It's a NATO summit in the in the Hague.
Speaker 2: Well, but it's it's great for the world. I mean, if if they can, well, if they can, if you.
Speaker 1: Want me to be you know, a Debbie Downer, because we do broadcast from the real world. Iran is never going to stop fighting Israel ever. All you're going to get is we said, last time, or are periods of peace. And the only way you get periods of peace is to break them down so much they can't wage war, because if they can wage war, they will, yep, and that's what and and but let me give your heads up, that's never going to change, never, never, until the end of all time. You just you just find a way to manage it. And you get you you get, you get times of peace, but you're not. And when we have ultimate peace, there's gonna come a time. Some of us may be here, some of us may not. There's there is gonna come a time where somebody's gonna show up in the Middle East and they're gonna get it, bring it all under control, and you're gonna think you have peace, and it's gonna look great, and everybody's gonna be jumping up and down, celebrating, and they're gonna have they're gonna come go into a seven year and then right in the middle of the seven year peace treaty, he's gonna violate it and off we go. Now, you don't want to be here for all that. But but it's uh, it's gonna get ugly. But until that time comes, it's gonna be moments of peace, and you go for those. You should try for those, because that's great. That means we can do that.
Speaker 8: But all Iran will do is say unless unless there's revolution.
Speaker 1: You know, and you get a new new way to govern there.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: If not, it will always be Okay, y'all guide us, y'all broke us down, We're gonna we're gonna agree to some sort of ceasefire, and then we're gonna regroup and then we'll try again later. That's the way it will always be. And as I said last hour, that's why we as Americans, as long as we're allowed to be here. You got to remember that Trump has three more years.
Speaker 14: That's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's nothing for the Iranians and people like that to go. Let's just wait that out. Yeah, and then and then let's just wait on the nest administration. So you better, you better continue to vote for administrations that know how to handle the world as a vote as opposed to voting for the those that keep trying to appease the world, especially evil people, because appeasement, when you're dealing with evil people that deem you evil, is seen as weakness, not as something to be applauded.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that and that's and if you don't.
Speaker 1: Ever learn that, you're just gonna keep putting other people at risk, including this country, because then we get we're just seeing as chumps. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And Iran is the largest state sponsor of terror in the world. So with this razor sharp strike that Trump pulled off, uh, the world is rejoicing a large part of the world people people know what Iran does.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 7: And as much as people want to make, you know, Israel look like the big bad guy of the world, which you see a lot of that Israel Israel hate. Even the people that don't want to come alongside Trump with this kind of strike know they they know that the world is now a safer place now that Iran does not have the capability to do a nuclear weapon. They were enriching uranium to a level way above anything that you need for any kind of medical uses or anything like that, and everybody knows it. And this strike was it was a good thing, and I hope that we can leave it at that and not get involved in regime change. We've talked about this before. We don't want to get in another Iraq or Afghanistan twenty year pointless war.
Speaker 2: But what we did, what we did this weekend prevents that. Yes, absolutely, that's why that was necessary.
Speaker 14: It was huge.
Speaker 7: And it's also vaguely and weirdly similar to this the plot of Star Wars when they have the vent, when they dropped the vent, and also Top Gun they had the bomb go through the vent. It's very it's weird that it's the same as Star Wars and Top Gun.
Speaker 14: This is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: We need another impression of Larry uh So. Anyway, but Frankie coming.
Speaker 2: Out, I've got the voice, all voices covered.
Speaker 1: We really I don't even know why we need frank anymore. When we have the man of a thousand voices, you're gonna give him some tips. Why do we even need him, I mean, you know, think about it. So there we go. When he does a voice go that ain't nothing to do one of your hemps? How many cookies have you eaten? Just that one, Greg, just that one, just one. All I'm meeting is that one. I'm gonna save the others. That's it, save us one. I'm all I'm eating today. I'm saving the others for later. What do you think about the guy in the in the calls right in the bathroom guy? I mean, he acted as if we caught him by surprise.
Speaker 2: That I'm thinking maybe he called and he was at another part of the house and he worked his way to the bathroom and that's when that's.
Speaker 1: When he was going to sneak one in there before you pick Okay, maybe so all right, yeah, that's what I think. Might even just been going in for safety. Oh yeah, okay, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 3: I mean safety.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I had a speedy moment, had to rush to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, no problem, Probably hang up, Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't. I wish you to just hit end call. Yeah that would be by the way, By the way, if we if we'd have hung on, might have got some racket. Oh that go with it, right, Okay, all right, Okay. Yeah, when's the last time you took your elderly parents to the bank. Did you do that? Yeah? To the bank?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you had to go Yeah, speaking of that, speaking of.
Speaker 1: That, I know you went grocery store shops. Not well, now I have taken mom to the bank. Yeah, not with as much in depth stuff as y'all had, right, but I have had.
Speaker 2: So you had to go to the bank, to the bank, just do some you know, just do some work there at the bank. They needed to go to the bank and and everything. And so I went up and I was in town and took them and I've I've done some self evaluation on on getting them around that I need to do better at they are knock on wood. I love where they're at. Man, They're they're just full of energy. They look great.
Speaker 1: It's just I love it.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love it. And they they're jumping in the car. Let's go, you know, so here we go off and then there.
Speaker 1: Could see.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, if you wanted to be I mean super.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure he wishes he could see too.
Speaker 8: What I'm just saying, you're saying they're doing.
Speaker 5: So that sounded awful.
Speaker 1: I didn't say anything yeah, why are you looking.
Speaker 7: At meat anything? Rick says that you're like, yeah, you left a little bit over.
Speaker 8: I was just saying for you, and and what.
Speaker 1: He's able to do.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And he is so resilient and he's written two books. Rick, Mine's fine, Yes, have you written good point?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: So anyway, Wow, let's get through that moment. No, I'm just and so so I pull up and of course they're sitting there. You know, Hey, the garage is hot. I told him that you have to stand in the garage, you know. Well they but they just say, hey, how you doing.
Speaker 1: Let's go?
Speaker 2: So we we uh, we pull up and they won't use for some reason, they have a handicap sticker and they won't use it.
Speaker 3: And I don't ever that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, is this a game you're playing?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 2: But hey, I'm pulling that thing out and we're hanging it on the on the rearview mirror and and we're going to use it.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so so we do.
Speaker 2: We get front and center and and we we walk in and one thing I noticed that was out of I don't have to announce to the bank.
Speaker 1: He's blind.
Speaker 2: I know you do you the last time you gave us this, he's blind, why do you?
Speaker 10: Why do you have it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 8: And then you'll do things like he's reading two books. This mine's fine.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 2: Well that's when I had to defend him. When you say you wish, No, he knows he wishes he wasn't blind.
Speaker 3: No, everybody, what I'm just saying.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying blind harder.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying life is harder when you're blind versus not being obvious. That's all I'm saying. That's all I'm saying. Now, he was talking about what I mean, like like they were do anything they wanted to. Was he even needed Well, I mean, you know he was. I was in town and we had some errands to run. We also went to the pharmacy and and and stuff like that, and uh, and so that was just part of it. But I noticed that when I walked into the bank, I had to announce, you know, he's blind.
Speaker 2: You know, like it's like one guy that was just there getting to making a deposit looked at me, like, what are you doing my deposits at the pharmacists?
Speaker 7: Are you like you got anything for blindness? I mean, come on, my goodness, speedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 8: Why do you bring up his bindness?
Speaker 11: All?
Speaker 1: I don't know, and that's what I'm I'm self av.
Speaker 15: Run.
Speaker 2: He could have driven itself if only weren't blind. You know, he could have the only again again, we mom and I started laughing, the only blind man.
Speaker 1: That gives you directions while you drive. Yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because where we were was a very congested area. Uh the branch that we were going to of the bank and traffic was backed up. And Mom said, hey, you know, it's up to you, but there's a shortcut we could We could detour here and get around all this. And he jumps in, that's right, take it right, go that first red light, take a left. And that's when I waved my hand in front of his face. Again, I'm like, are you pulling a joke on?
Speaker 5: You said?
Speaker 1: Committed to listen, What if you found out this was all a brilliant plan for for him to get to spend more time with you, Right, that's good, that would be good.
Speaker 2: Uh So anyway, we hop in there and I announced to the bank that he's blind and which is not necessary, and we and we get out of there and then on the way back. And this is funny. I don't know if if your mom's this way or at your parents are this way, but but mom and dad sometimes think we have the connections or we have connections that we might not have. And uh and he said, well, I tell you that that David nasiirs was good. David Nasser. Dad, Yeah, David Nasa what he had to say that that was powerful? That was powerful, what a man of God. And I said, yes, sir. He goes, you need to text that to Trump.
Speaker 7: And I said to Trump.
Speaker 2: And I said, I texted to Trump and he said, he said, got Trump's number? He said yeah, and he said in Tuberville too. And I said, now that one I could probably do, but I don't have I don't have to do with it. Uh and and and and but I'll work on that. And and he's like, yeah, you need a Trump, you need it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there.
Speaker 2: People know the story that Master has told about you know, only fifteen percent of the population, you know, is that evil regime, you know, death to the world. But you know eighty five percent, you know, they want peace and all this. And I'm like, yes, sir, he goes, but they probably know that, but you need to text that to him. I'm like, yes, sir, I sure will, I'll get that done. And it's funny he thinks we got Trump said, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And how many people did your mom introduced you to? Oh everybody?
Speaker 2: You're saying he's blind, and she's saying, y'all know who this is.
Speaker 12: Rick.
Speaker 1: That explains it because I had the guy with me that was pretending to be you, and I actually, somebody say that's not him. His mom just introduced me to him over the bank, right right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And sometimes I want just announce he's blind. I'll just say i'm his eyes.
Speaker 11: I do that.
Speaker 2: I've used visually impaired, I've used i'm his eyes, I've used blind.
Speaker 1: I don't need to do that.
Speaker 2: But a lot of times, you know, when when I'm trying to get him in a chair, that's one thing, because all he's got to do is just you know, he's just got to he's got to sense it and feel it, and then I'm good. But sometimes, you know, walking in and busting up in a branch, you know, because everybody there, you know, you walk into a branch and everybody looks, and you announced.
Speaker 1: His eyes yeah. Do you think sometimes people got freak o for just a minute, like they're thinking, what are you gonna do? Hold the place up right? Yeah yeah, stick them up right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But we we were able to resolve it. But so I've done some self evaluation. And also my dad thinks I have Trump sell and I did tell him I was going to text it to Trump.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if we get it. When y'all went to Washington that time, Trump gave you a sale, you know, yeah, probably so.
Speaker 2: I mean I think we have aligned to to get word to him somehow, you know, three different channels.
Speaker 1: The audiences were wondering, are you taking care of some power of attorney stuff in the family in case you don't come back?
Speaker 7: It's wine, that's smart.
Speaker 2: But again, but again I found myself suffering from secondhand about yourself. Create that for others.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a weird dynamic, weird. You don't have to announce that because somebody that get him his shirt, they were embarrassed. They had second hand of me. Do you want to just get a shirt for him? I'm visually impaired. I mean, you don't have to announce that to everybody.
Speaker 2: Well, if you if you saw him, you wouldn't know it, right, No, I mean because he didn't have the you know, the stick and dark shades or whatever, so you wouldn't know it.
Speaker 1: I mean, and looks great. And they said he tries to put his credit card in the A T M. But I mean, you know, but because you need to have that, right.
Speaker 2: It wasn't adventure trying to get him to sign on line yesterday.
Speaker 8: It was did he get his hand?
Speaker 1: You need to do that?
Speaker 8: Does he does he know how to read braille?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, So so you got it. You got to be his eyes. That's why you keep announcing it to everybody. Yeah, nobody needs un announced.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: And I've and and I've I've kind of cald myself.
Speaker 1: I could tell. My mom was even like, oh is that yeah? So how can do you just get his hand lined up? And to say, yeah, that's all I got? I go, right, dad, you're set now, now scribble to the right and here, okay, there he goes.
Speaker 8: You got it down.
Speaker 2: Also, Adler, Larry and Carolyn just texted me and they want you to uh send them a friend request on Facebook?
Speaker 16: Is that right?
Speaker 7: I don't have Facebook?
Speaker 1: Well to get it? Are you sure about that.
Speaker 7: I don't think I have Facebook. Would I think I had got rid of it or something? Yeah, I got rid of it.
Speaker 3: Be right back.
Speaker 14: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 1: National anthem is always a big part of the show. We love a good assessing a national anthem.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 2: In this particular case, this is a weird complaint.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is actually a very famous opera a singer who's been in movies, Disney, voiceovers, Broadway plays. She has a magnificent voice. She sings at a cappello in perfect key. But because she does have that operatic ability, some of the NBA fans on Game seven have been complaining that she went a little far with the operatic range on the big, on the big, you know, Land of the Free. So so that's in her name. I can't pronounce her name, but Kristin cheniwith everybody knows who she is. Yeah, you know Adler.
Speaker 2: You could play the whole thing, but it gets along. I mean still, I pulled it to one nineteen.
Speaker 1: Here is that where Adler is is it?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So this is what everybody's the free parts.
Speaker 1: That I like a lot of tall guys. She's not very toll here comes sor hang on, you're not ready for free.
Speaker 4: My goodness.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 1: I think she owned it. She did have the I owned it face. Yeah, Now, Greg, the whole thing was irritating to me, the whole thing, the entire thing. I don't like them opera voice people. I don't like them opera voice people. Thank you for showing up, but it's irritating. It actually like puts me in a bun.
Speaker 7: I'm like, he's Tony Award winning.
Speaker 1: I just don't want opera singing.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: So did you said the brother George Strait sing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Greg, Yeah, I don't like that. Even before she went, I took it to that part.
Speaker 3: It was bad.
Speaker 7: You think bad Emmy and Tony Award winning.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I guess for what she does, she's considered a big deal, but I don't like what that is.
Speaker 5: She's sister, Greg.
Speaker 1: I like her, She's good in movies, but I just don't like offer saying. I think offer say is very irritating. Even it hurts even men. Yeah, especially men, especially men. Yeah, you think I care about it. You're gonna tell me that that wouldn't irritate.
Speaker 2: So if it's an acapella perfectly in key, no mess up.
Speaker 1: But I enjoy it? No I didn't. Was it did that good to your ears? No? It wasn't. It was. It's actually harmful. You didn't find it pleasant, not at all. I thought you were just gonna be upset with the free You didn't like any like any of it. I mean, I'm not saying that she didn't sing it good.
Speaker 7: I wish I wish you loved Americas.
Speaker 1: Yep, I think that came.
Speaker 2: I don't like him opera singers in that opera way.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: So you got you're gonna tell me, you're gonna tell me that you enjoyed that and that you like opera singing.
Speaker 8: I was telling me I was, I appreciated the talent.
Speaker 1: What they say that? Can you say that?
Speaker 4: I mean, can you?
Speaker 1: Because I know I got talent?
Speaker 2: But I mean, but when it comes to music and all that, you love talent and talented people hands.
Speaker 1: So she's talented. Yeah, musically she's talented, that's your thing. I don't like him opera people in the opera way. I don't like him, and you don't need I think it's irritating. It's like somebody scratching the chalk war with fingernails. How did you like her face when she had that face?
Speaker 3: Got that?
Speaker 1: And she's also unfortunately feel victim. And can we just announce this to everybody in the audience. Listen to me, y'all, this this lip collagen. It doesn't know ladies, ladies, It doesn't look.
Speaker 2: Good on anybody stopping and nobody.
Speaker 1: Pulls it off. Yeah, it's not about whether it's expensive or not, because I've seen some very wealthy people with some ugly lips.
Speaker 7: Yes, they paid for she's wealth, she would be wealthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think she's got work.
Speaker 7: She's also probably a lot older than we realized too. Well, this is trying to be trying to be mean?
Speaker 3: Is that what it is?
Speaker 8: Is collagen in the lips.
Speaker 1: Whatever y'all are doing to get the puffy lips, whatever that process is, its fill feel. I want to announce to every woman on the planet. Greg's point valid regardless of wealth, no matter how wealthy you are, it just doesn't look good. Not one person has ever done it. And you go, I tell you what, that that was an upgrade. You look better. It looks like something has gone south that you wish you could take Yeah, right, like you please stop popped in the lip or something you please stop doing. You're fine to Yeah, we're not all that concern earn behind full your lips are could you you.
Speaker 7: Can have a wrinkle?
Speaker 2: It doesn't that's all it's aging is beautiful, It's all right, very much so, I think that aging gracefully is so much more preferred.
Speaker 7: Than what other than some some some of this stuff that some of these ladies are doing, and men too.
Speaker 8: Frankly, my goodness, look.
Speaker 7: I ask man, what are you doing? Become the most interesting man in the world? Not Ken? I know, I know, I have face Ken, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I have lines on my forehead and they actually give expression. Yes, I don't want to walk around the rest of my life everybody going, Rick, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: What's wrong?
Speaker 1: Are you surprised? What's surprised you? Yeah, you're walking around constantly looking surprise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're sixty, you have wrinkled so what who cares?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 3: Ad?
Speaker 1: Could you queue up free again?
Speaker 2: I just want to watch it, and I also want to watch her when she finishes that face of on.
Speaker 1: That what many people can hit? Watch what the notes? She hit, Greg, that's talent, but I didn't enjoy it. Hopefully this one, it's not enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Any glass off. Those of you are listening by watching, watching, I'm watching Greg.
Speaker 1: Watch Greg's facing all. I'm looking at him.
Speaker 7: Oh, same, just that sor spangle.
Speaker 4: Never beautiful, Greg, I'm know.
Speaker 3: Greg.
Speaker 8: Let's hear you say, great jump.
Speaker 1: Nobody should see saying that high. Okay, so you're here, nobody should I shouldn't. There's no, that's not necessary. It's not enjoyable. It's not an enjoyable tone.
Speaker 2: Right, it's not well I said, I said, boots, by the way, nice boots she was wearing. Yeah, there's a little sparkly yes, yeah, yeah, patriotic sparkly boots.
Speaker 1: So you left the ass out I know, I said boots. Actually, Greg, I actually enjoyed it. Now my glasses are broken. I can't see.
Speaker 2: That's fifty six and it's fine. Wrinkle on your face, My goodness, that's what human beings look like.
Speaker 14: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Greg. It hasn't been a good day for you. We've gone through opera singers and I know how you are about the opera folk. Yeah, you made that clear. You certainly did. You're trying to be sharp man like you like, No, Greg, I will say that it's not my thing.
Speaker 8: It's not my thing either, But I'm I'm enjoying acting like it is just a know you.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it, that's all we do.
Speaker 15: Greg.
Speaker 1: One hundred year old, one hundred so fitness star, fitness star. She's got a great spirit. Greg, And you know how much you love one hundred year old woman with a great spirit? Who don't right? And he doesn't love that? Apparently in Long Island, Geraldine or Is their friends call her Jerry Leo is a living example. At least in her case. At age is just a number. It is one hundred, even when it's one hundred. She turned a hundreds, a big number, one hundred this past April. It's been one hundred for you know a few months. Oh boy. So and she is a fitness star, that's what it says. This, this is kind of your think you can walk at one hundred, that's considered a star. First trap just say she inspires some of her gym mates. Is that her with her hand up? Uh no, No, that's not a one hundred year old lady. I don't see anybody in there looks a hundred.
Speaker 7: Well let's see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since little package.
Speaker 19: Nine sixty seven one hundred, I'd like move wait please absolutely, oh wait wait oh yeah.
Speaker 12: That's years and still going strong. Jerry Leo is the pride of Bay Shores, Great South Bay y m c A.
Speaker 11: Let's go Mama, beautiful.
Speaker 12: Other members of the aerobics fitness class half Jerry Z.
Speaker 1: She's ever playing an envy.
Speaker 12: Goes through her daily pass. She's been crushing her workouts since the lie.
Speaker 14: Of life I do is I exercise faithfully?
Speaker 1: Oh sweet?
Speaker 17: I don't eat red meat.
Speaker 2: What I try to eat?
Speaker 1: You know, have a good diet, Mediterranean they call it.
Speaker 11: She's got a great spirit. She is pretty much we call her the president of the YMCA. She is religious with her workout. She doesn't give up. If she feels like she can't do anything, she ties even harder and she pushes herself.
Speaker 7: I wanted to plank.
Speaker 4: That's a good.
Speaker 12: Of doing planks. That's an abdominal exercise. Younger members of the gym can hold for only two to three minutes.
Speaker 1: That's a long plank.
Speaker 12: Not Jerry, everybody, she just held.
Speaker 7: A fly plan a lot younger.
Speaker 1: Than her, and I can't do that shows you what exercise can do for you. There's some exercises she can do that, not me.
Speaker 12: She really has not Jerry. Just for her driver's license girls. She says she never smoked, but does have an occasional drink.
Speaker 20: Right now, I like an apparel sprint.
Speaker 7: I want to be like you when I grow up, Jerry. And she was like no, no, no, And I was like yes, yes, yes, because she just looked at up.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you like to be like that?
Speaker 12: Very challenges and her signature Jerry. He can't.
Speaker 1: They can't even do it. He can't do one.
Speaker 3: Good night.
Speaker 12: That's better.
Speaker 7: You're getting better.
Speaker 1: He's not Jerry, don't Jerry.
Speaker 12: Reportry has three grandchildren and one great grandchild. Her advice to live a long life, exercise religiously, maintain a good diet, plus.
Speaker 9: Be kind, be happy, Jerry puts her fellow gim makes the shame by her core strength and going beyond the limits of most younger athletes. She's an inspiration and proof, at least in this case, that age is just a number. I tried to play, and she's a living example that at one hundred exercise certainly can end years to your life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well joke.
Speaker 1: Looking at that, I'm in pressed. I wish that guy would have looked in the camera and said, and as you can tell, I took a pass on it. Yeah, did you see my plank? That's a five minute plank is hard.
Speaker 7: Five that's what they said, said, five minute.
Speaker 3: Leo's picking over him for five minutes. I can't even do one.
Speaker 1: That that is. Yeah, it's like he wouldn't that old. But do you remember the guy that we used to work out where we were at it looked a lot older than us and he owned it.
Speaker 2: Remember that, Well, we thought he was wearing an old man's like suit that he was on zips and that really incredible teenager.
Speaker 14: In there.
Speaker 1: What he was doing doing one arm pull ups and you wouldn't shake No.
Speaker 2: Y'all realize how long a five minute plank is.
Speaker 3: Look at.
Speaker 1: It? Do you not long a one minute? I've done one when you toad starts slipping. One minute, I will likely do today. But five the longest minute that she's either she's a freaking nature. They need to study.
Speaker 8: People are saying it is easier to plank if you weigh eighty five pounds.
Speaker 1: Now, that's true, but she's a hundred.
Speaker 7: She's a hundred. A minute feels like a long time when you're planking.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you're pulling on the would you sign up? Would you sign up to be just where she is at one hundred? But you have to live exactly where she's living. No, sounds like, well, I don't know she has went about you be nice? Right, Well Greg's out. Yeah, can we get her.
Speaker 7: Some more great grandchildren? By the way, can we can we get her some more grandchildren? My goodness?
Speaker 1: You disappointed one. I was a little disappointing that number. You go to one hundred, you're only got one great grandkids are in their seventies. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Anyway, I think I think maybe so shit so no red meat, and I know she's always done that, but it.
Speaker 1: Looks like maybe that you're saying for a hundred years you never I doubt that. Yeah, she quit an't read meat about.
Speaker 2: Eighty two, eighty two the year she was two years ago, she was eighty two, around.
Speaker 1: Maybe sixty ish she stopped. Probably, I don't know. Okay, A side that is, that's amazing, that reporter, that's a long plank. He's He's the picture of health, isn't he?
Speaker 7: That lady's like that one hundred year old ladies to the reporters, like you can't handle this.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to.
Speaker 8: Break each other, reporter. But if your knees are still on the ground, you're not playing.
Speaker 1: That doesn't count. No rip, no rip?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: Greg?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna do that?
Speaker 7: How how much time we have until the break? You got about a minute? Greg, go just so let's show. It's your plank, buddy.
Speaker 1: Oh planking? Well, Rick, you're a plank.
Speaker 14: Here you go.
Speaker 8: I can't do five minutes.
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 7: We got one minute?
Speaker 1: I said, no, we okay, Well I have to get this to the Oh boy, what do you?
Speaker 7: Here? Goes Rick?
Speaker 3: Rick?
Speaker 1: Are you really doing a plank?
Speaker 3: Rick? Okay?
Speaker 1: Here is okay? Ricky okay, here goes Rick's doing a plank on his face?
Speaker 7: Oh not that angle, Rick a lot? What are you doing to face the cameras? Not the console?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Gosh, Okay, there he's there, he goes Rick.
Speaker 7: All right, start reseat. Okay, huh, I'm I'm telling now, hold.
Speaker 2: On, Rick, we're gonna start your five seconds in. We're about to start. Rick, why already started?
Speaker 3: You remember that.
Speaker 7: Now we're starting ten seconds in, you're ten seconds in.
Speaker 1: Ten second breathe, Rick, we gotta breathe. Rick's holding up a very nice plane.
Speaker 7: Yeah, straight, get your knees off the ground, Rick, I gotta get to bra.
Speaker 1: What about lady busting through the door.
Speaker 3: You ain't doing that right?
Speaker 7: Very good, Rick, Rick, you are you're thirty seconds in, you're thirty seconds in.
Speaker 2: Don't listen to speedy, Yeah, speedy, your mic is off fifteen sixteen. No, you are forty seconds thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go ahead and hit the bra.
Speaker 4: Hit the bed here.
Speaker 7: Rick's really feeling it.
Speaker 1: Comes stand on his back.
Speaker 7: Fifty seconds now you're doing.
Speaker 1: You're doing good.
Speaker 7: You're doing good.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna on you.
Speaker 1: Very good, Rick, You're doing great.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Rick, thirty seconds left, five four, thirty seconds, three to two.
Speaker 7: Well wow, you made it. Rick, Well that's impressive.
Speaker 3: But that is good.
Speaker 7: That is impressive.
Speaker 2: Well done, rickne my friend, no way, she did five minutes.
Speaker 14: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: I am genuinely concerned for speedy. Hey birds, Hey bird, this is read listen to this, adler. Yes, you can start genuinely concerned I think this could possibly be some sort of misdirection. Huh, just on know me that Hoby could be behind this whole thing. He set up Larry to call the show knowing that eventually the spend the night would be there because you guys would have to do something, and then this could be a way for Hope to make Speedy disappear because about the same time, Hoby started infiltrating Speedy's family a lunch that Speedy didn't know about with one of his sons. Is it possible this is a big organized plan for Hoby to take over Speedy's life. This is just just a fall.
Speaker 8: Hopefully feel freed to embellish, but.
Speaker 1: Of the new show in all caps, thank you read Hoby to take over Speedy's life.
Speaker 2: Hoby's got his family and his life.
Speaker 8: This connection to Hoby did kind of come out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: No, it didn't.
Speaker 2: It's been going on for years.
Speaker 1: You just didn't pay attention. So you know what, that's a That's how a monocal plan works best. You let you let it slowly grow over years.
Speaker 2: Greg used to be in the group.
Speaker 1: He left us. M I wish we had it that when we were walking to the gym. Do you think that Hoby's relationship with you must be tied around fitness or he won't have anything to do with you.
Speaker 8: No, yeah, it seems like for us, it seems like it.
Speaker 2: No, No, I have some kind of Hoby's got his own family. He's happily married, got three kids.
Speaker 1: He's good. It gets dark at listen, Hey, it gets darker. Huh, it gets darker. Hey, birch a birge from Kevin. This this is so over the line, all right, but it's gonna slay Adler, and it's going to slay Greg, and it's gonna slay me. Oh it must be on speedy, but it's very over the line, so you're going to read it. Of course. Tell Larry m temperature should be two hundred and twenty indirect heat.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 8: Second rack on the smoker.
Speaker 1: Oh that's terrible. Use mustard as a binder, and then any of his favorite barbecue rub as they slow, as they say, here comes the line, go low and slow, because speedy, these little bird legs will overcook and get dry real quick.
Speaker 7: That's true, very true.
Speaker 1: That's my legs, the being cooked partoning.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Y'all, legs and get dry quick you get I'm slow, low and slow.
Speaker 8: I don't know something about cannibal humor, but still, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's hard if you are getting cooked. Y'all wouldn't laugh, right, Yeah, I wouldn't laugh.
Speaker 8: No, wouldy'all come get him?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: I hope? Yeah, I hope. I'll be horrified. Yeah, hope you go get him?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there it is. Wow, that is dark. Ring, That is dark.
Speaker 2: So y'all hold on with a minute. Y'all just read an email about me being cooked.
Speaker 1: I said it was dark and it was dark. Hey bird, had heybur warning you. Hey, those are the legs though they will dry. Yeah, oh no, don't underestimate these legs. And no I'm going to jumbo winge. No, hey bird, hey Burge, this is from Gregory. Have y'all thought about how this all began with Larry and Carolyn. Shouldn't w m a Z TV cover that Speedy is now visiting Larry's home in Upland, Georgia, just in case something were to happen to them. At least that might kind of throw it off, that they would know it's got coverage. He said, I live within forty miles of Dublin, so speed Speedy can contact me if he needs help.
Speaker 8: Pass my number along to him.
Speaker 1: You want me to pass this a long while? Yeah, go ahead, maybe he'll care. I'm loving the new show I'm listening to. I listened to you. I listened to YouTube archives every day. Thanks for all you do and keep serving the Lord. This is from old Oh he's a chaplain. Oh so yeah, definitely give me a number from from a twin city, Georgia, about forty miles from you. Yeah, take him a minute to get there. You want this number? Yeah, he's forty miles.
Speaker 7: Larry, what happened for?
Speaker 3: What do you think about?
Speaker 1: Getting the TV station that first brought Larry and Carolyn into our lives? Get it? Greg?
Speaker 2: Have you seen our TV spash out?
Speaker 1: Remember that's how it started.
Speaker 3: If you watch us, we're on TV.
Speaker 2: They did a story about our patches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the cat was in every shot. They couldn't.
Speaker 3: We're putting the.
Speaker 7: Cats out on the porch for Speedy.
Speaker 3: What tire you be? Here's Speedy?
Speaker 2: You need to tell us? Yeah, sweet couple, it's a a Texter said.
Speaker 7: If Speedy goes missing, the first place to look is dead horse. Alaska because Larry keeps talking about it every day on the on the.
Speaker 1: YouTube chats Dead Horse lad Slash Alaska. That's his thing. Now. Yeah, sweetly, if you if you walked in and you looked over and you noticed had nothing to do with dinner, but you saw various dry.
Speaker 8: Rubs, Yeah, I keep mind for that.
Speaker 1: Hell, I'll stop it. If they try to inject anything into your legs to make them juicier, you need to say no, no, I need to stop.
Speaker 19: Injected to stop right now, y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all gonna make this awkward, right Oh.
Speaker 1: The awkward ship. It hasn't just sailed it out in the middle of the international waters. Frank Kelly Indo is lined up next, y'all talking Frankie, He's coming up right after this.
Speaker 2: That lies ahead. But now the moment has arrived.
Speaker 1: I've been talking about it all day, letting you know that Frank Kelly Endo has agreed to join us.
Speaker 2: And you know what, Frank is back Frankie, Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 10: Hey, it sounds like there're like, was this a negotiated Uh, yes, it was. I mean the way you're making it sound like it was difficult to get me on. I have shows to promote. It's simple, Well, it really was. And look, in all honesty, and I didn't want to do this because I didn't want to. I was trying to build you up a little bit. Frankie's been begging us to have him because he's got some shows, and he's like, look, I got some shows near you. Time for us to be friends again. Listen, I have totally I'm one hundred percent honest about that. But I did see Nashville and Chattanooga, and I see.
Speaker 5: How I worked that in You did good. I actually had seen a clip of barkleyon with you.
Speaker 1: I think, yes, that's correct, and uh, he was just telling it.
Speaker 5: You know, basically, Rick, you don't know anything about what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 5: Just stop moving your lips, knucklehead.
Speaker 3: Now that was about it.
Speaker 21: But you know what, I really lie, I really think you should have frank Callando on and have him talk about Nashville, Zanies and Chattanooga at the Comedy Kit.
Speaker 5: That's been very, very good, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Charles, I think you and I we were discussing and as we both know, doing what we do for a living, you said save it for the show.
Speaker 2: And so Charles has been on with us all.
Speaker 1: The way back in the thirty one years of Rick and Bubba multiple times, and he's been on as you saw with us on the Rick Burgers Show. But some of the funnier moments way way, way way back you may not even recall. This the University of Alabama, this is before SABAN. They hired a guy named Mike Price from Washington State. So he never got out of spring training. Okay, he never saw the field in the season because he had some lewd accusations involving women in the world's otis profession. Okay, I'll just kind of leave it at that. Well, this happened in the state of Alabama, Okay. So Charles comes on the show and he's ready to defend Mike Price, and he doesn't understand why he's been fired. Okay, and I can't do him as well as you, But I'm will you forgive me for this, just so you can come out and you can hear a little bit of this, you know, speed he's been working on his impressions, Frank, Yeah, I've heard so far.
Speaker 5: Keep working.
Speaker 1: So but he was talking and I can't do Charles so I'm just this is that terrible thing. I felt like I'm shooting free throws with Michael Jordan, so forgive me.
Speaker 8: But anyway, he was saying.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why everybody's at this man. It's not like he's done something I mean like illegal. And I just looked at my said Charles, prostitution is illegal in Alabama.
Speaker 21: He goes, oh, I didn't know that. That's probably That's probably something I stort have looked.
Speaker 1: Up before I started. So that was one of my favorites. But so want to get these dates for you because they're coming up. It's in July the twenty second. It's been two nights in a row. Now that's Chattanooga the comedy Catch. So tickets are available now Frank owns stage dot com. So Chattanooga, y'all go ahead and move Nashville. You guys at Zanies have always been good to Frank, but letting you know he's coming back on the twenty third, move on those tickets too. That you can find both those links at frankostage dot com. So Frank, let's talk about the state of Caliendo. Sure you've been at this how long?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 10: I graduated from college in nineteen ninety six and so basically since since then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Got on stage a couple times before I graduated. I went to school at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. I got a degree in broadcast journalism, which I've never really used. Uh, everybody in broadcasting, at least entertainment side, rarely has that.
Speaker 5: A lot of people in sports do. But uh so yeah, I just started.
Speaker 10: I got up on I got up on stage, run around then and started going for real. I was working groundscrew to golf course and uh, just just started doing this. Figured why not, what else am I gonna do? I grew up loving and watching television and movies and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So I just went for it.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't It wasn't the same as it is now. I mean with with the internet. Uh, you know a lot of.
Speaker 10: People are doing impressions, a lot of great impressionists out there, like Speedy.
Speaker 5: Like Speedy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was gonna include him eventually, and uh and uh and one of those Uh, it's you get the you have the opportunity to see more people, to to to to practice more. When I was at mad TV and we wanted research on a character you had to talk to a guy named Dylan who is in the research department. He would order up a VHS tape from some central you know, recording studio type of thing.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what it was.
Speaker 10: And you would three days later you would have some research to to, you know, to work on my at the time, like Rod Roddy from The Price is Right. Now, I could watch it on TV too, but we didn't even really record TV that much. So I it's now you could just turn on YouTube. You can listen to somebody talk and just start doing the impression of them over and over and over.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: And that's really what it is. It's it's it's repetition. And and now you can get it out to a lot of different people too. And the amazing thing about the Internet is, uh, you don't have to you don't have to do stuff that's so broad. When I started doing impressions, even before me, we go way back to like Rich Little and stuff like that, people had to do impressions that everybody would know because there were only so many, you know, you had to hit enough people that they could talk about it and care well. Now you can find something like one of my favorite shows is better call Saul.
Speaker 5: Uh So one of the characters of.
Speaker 10: That, uh, he just be like, did you know that you have rights? The Constitution says she do. Hi, I'm saw Goodman. So that's all Goodman character.
Speaker 3: They can just do that.
Speaker 10: But you put it out there and now that whole audience can share it with other people who watch. There's chat groups and stuff like that. And it used to be if you did that obscure of an impression, it was kind of a waste of time. It's like when I used to do the Dad from Alf Max.
Speaker 3: Right Lynn, Brian Lucky? Why is Alf eating the cat?
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: You try to go for that one right here?
Speaker 12: Did you?
Speaker 10: Oh please, if there's an audience that was gonna get alf, it was gonna be your own.
Speaker 2: Greg's laughing. Yeah, So you know Greg had a problem with puppet to human interaction, just.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's a real quirk with him, and hey, Willie, that's my out. But you're right, because but do you find yourself because you know, you and I have been at this a long time, and all this kind of happened when we were kind of been at it a while. I was a little reluctant to go what I've got to do, the YouTube, I've got to do the Instagram, I've got to do that. What we're producing content? And then you realize you either get involved in this, Uh are you?
Speaker 4: Are you move on?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 8: Were you reluctant?
Speaker 1: But now you can share yourself with so many people with by staying at home. If you if you're willing to put it out there, yeah, I mean I go in phases. There's times where I really like doing it and there are times where I don't. I go, what am I doing?
Speaker 10: So it's kind of mix and match. It's uh, I like stuff like this, interacting with other people. I think that's that's a lot of fun and talking to friends that that type of thing and having a back and forth. It's a little tougher for me just to put stuff out there. I mean I was a I always thought I'm just old school too, where it's I like to I just shouldn't say I like to work, but I'm used to working for people and then doing something they asked me to do. Hey can you have a conversation with this person? And then we'll chop it up and put it out there. So it's a little more difficult.
Speaker 5: It's just me.
Speaker 10: You know, I'm gonna show you know what am I gonna do? Now, it's gonna be Paul Giamati eating a sandwich.
Speaker 20: I believe this is one of the greatest sub sandwiches I've ever had in my entire life.
Speaker 1: And I am not gonna drink him.
Speaker 14: Are low with it?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh that's really good.
Speaker 1: I've never heard you do him.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: Well, there's that.
Speaker 10: There's a whole thing I started because I was only doing like the impressions that I'd always done. Sure, people started getting on me on the internet, like you're not doing anybody current. I'm like, well they're current, they're just old.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what it is.
Speaker 10: So I started doing this thing where I kind of walk people through how it's more entertainment than educational, but it's how to do certain impressions.
Speaker 1: So this will help you, Speedy, Okay.
Speaker 10: It's there's two voices that I use that I can go back to and I can pull from. One of them is Kermit the Frog. Hey hold, Kermit the Frog here, right, So there's that. Speedy does that, right, Let's let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Speedy, Hey hold, Kermit Frog here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a little more of Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I thought I thought it was gonna be well, I uh, that's what I'm thing.
Speaker 20: I think we go out there and Travis I was doing a nice job, and.
Speaker 11: You got it.
Speaker 5: So that's the thing. So so I took Kermit the Frog the frog and brought it into that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 10: So Kermit the Frog and Fizzy Bear I walk a walk a walk up so that the combined the combination of those two actually gets you to Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 5: So if you take.
Speaker 21: Kermit the Frog, hey, hold kirmit the frog here, right, and you drop a dog becomes John c Riley, Did you touch my drum set?
Speaker 5: Did you touch my drum set? Hey, Speedy? Did you touch my drum set? So then if you take some put some air into.
Speaker 18: It, it becomes Mark Ruffalo. I see this as an absolute win. That's uh, that's really really crazy. And if you tighten it back up and bring it down, it becomes Seth Rogan. Oh my goodness, now, Seth Rogan is just Burt from Burton Ernie, and then Joe Rogan is in there too. Rogan is just like, wow, Jamie pull that up.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that is nuts.
Speaker 3: So just like.
Speaker 1: Those are all right.
Speaker 10: And Jim otis if you take if you take uh, if you take Mark Ruffmark Ruffalo and drop it completely down.
Speaker 5: That's Paul Jim dy Man.
Speaker 1: My goodness, thank you.
Speaker 3: Frank.
Speaker 1: We're all taking notes. We'll come back more with Frank Kellendo. Go to Frank on stage right now. Chattanooga, July twenty second, Nashville, July twenty third, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Here comes.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back, Frank Caliendo our guests today. Frank on stage. Dot com to see if Frank's coming near you. Chattanooga, Tennessee, the twenty second of July, Nashville, Tennessee, the twenty third Comedy Catching Chattanooga. Zani's in Nashville. Find out everything that's going on with Frank, and he's already give us a little taste the audience. So we have a text option now, you know, Frank, the audience has instant access. Now you're interacting with the people all the time now, so we're getting instant feedback from the text nation. They are digging my homes. They didn't see that coming. In Giamani, They're killing people are loving it. As we're getting instant feedback. So with that being said, I'm going to see you live on stage. Are you like a band where somebody's going, Look, if you want to show us your new songs, we're good with that, But we got to have some hits. How does that work when you're putting the set together? You know, I do all the I hit all the old ones for sure, and I was for a while.
Speaker 10: I was doing some stuff where I was getting away more from the impressions and people didn't love it. I would always do the impressions in the show, but there was more stuff. I was working on some family material. I'm still doing that, but I've worked at it where I do a bunch of the impressions up front and then the at the end too, so it's kind of bookends it more. But but it's it's it's still tons of impressions that I've been But you know, I even throw John Madden in there. You know he's been gone for a while, but it's cyclical because they're doing that John Madden movie with Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 1: You know about that.
Speaker 2: Should that happen, should we allow this something something?
Speaker 5: It'll be weird with him going Hey, Folk Madden here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we're going to steal the Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I got a call from my age. I got a call from my agent. They want you to audition for that movie. I'm like really, They're like for the part of Howard Cosell.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 10: Nicholas Cage already playing mad they want me, And I was like, I don't really do a Howard Cosell and I'm not going to work on it for this. But I what my thought was they just wanted to talk to me, to talk to me about John Madden. They didn't really want me to audition. And then I got another call from a different agent, same agency, and he was like, hey, they want to have you do.
Speaker 20: A zoom with Nicholas Cage and the director.
Speaker 10: I was like no, They're like, what do you mean. No, I'm like, why would I do a zoom? I want to go hang out with Nicholas cap I want to go to Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: And drink myself to death. No, I want to go to Las Vegas and hang out with him.
Speaker 10: I want to do a Leslie Stall type drive and you know around uh, you know, Las Vegas I want to ride sidecar.
Speaker 1: With it, you know, I want to.
Speaker 10: I want to have the moment with him. I want to to show me his exotic animals. Here's my monitor lizard, right, That's what I want to do.
Speaker 2: So you want that movie where he actually plays himself, where that person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I want to.
Speaker 20: I want to hang out with it.
Speaker 10: That's what I want to do. I want to, Like I said, I almost, I couldn't. My brain wasn't working. But I want to write sidecar to the ghost Rider. That's what I want to do.
Speaker 5: I want to hang out with them.
Speaker 10: So it didn't happen, but I think that's because they probably wanted me to sign an NDA or something. Nobody told me that, but I'm guessing that they didn't want me to talk about it like I am right now with us, so I'm using it like the only thing I want with that that movie is to have it for material. My agents like, well, if you talk to maybe you could get.
Speaker 5: A small part.
Speaker 10: I'm I gett a lot a small partner. I'd want a small partner in any other movie, but not that I go. I want to be able to talk about that movie and make fun of it. Like different things or have fun with it, you know, or talk about what I dissort, just like if you're part of something.
Speaker 5: Now I've just gotta, you know.
Speaker 4: Be a shill for it.
Speaker 10: So uh so, I we'll see how it works. I've seen some of the pictures. I think he looks pretty good. And I think that Christian Bale as al Davis looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 5: Looks like it's gonna be pretty good.
Speaker 1: But you know, but you do the voice perfectly.
Speaker 8: He's not gonna get the voice right.
Speaker 1: That's gonna drive me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I couldn't look like him that I'm five six, Matt.
Speaker 10: If you saw those pictures of how they did the Maddened Body, it's it's really it's really quite good.
Speaker 20: Uh But I maybe it should have been like doctor Evil.
Speaker 1: They call me Midden Madden.
Speaker 5: I'm a tiny little Look there's a big mad right there.
Speaker 1: I'm a little mad right here.
Speaker 5: And then boom, I win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I thought you were saying they were going to get you owned to try to teach Nicholas.
Speaker 10: K Well, that's what that That's what I think they that's what they wanted was to talk about it and I I never got to that because it's not even six am here, But uh, it's that's that's the type of thing they wanted to be working with.
Speaker 5: I could work. I could have worked with him on it because he's he's.
Speaker 15: Up in here, in here, there's Nicholas Age in here, right, and then you bring it down and it's more glottal, and then it becomes from here into the John Madden down there.
Speaker 10: So that's kind of the bubble in the throat that's got a little kermit and Fozzy as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are asking, hey, have you ever done John Malkovich John Malkovich.
Speaker 10: Yes, I apparently need to say the name before doing it.
Speaker 3: The character.
Speaker 10: I went from John Madden to John Malkovich, and it apparently is working.
Speaker 1: When they You remember when Sarah not Live had him read to us the night before Christmas and he just went off to the kids. He scared him. That's one of the funniest things absolutely people do with him on a skit show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is he's something, I mean, just a great actor.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, so Madden, this this movie could actually bring that back, because.
Speaker 5: I think it will.
Speaker 10: I think it will bring a bunch of mad and talk back at least. Yeah, I'll get like people are constantly anytime one of those pictures comes out from that movie, people are texting or tweeting me and hitting me and tagging me on different platforms of social media. So I'll have to It'll be fun and annoying at the same time. Kind of a thing like people going.
Speaker 1: Why weren't you playing to them?
Speaker 3: You should be.
Speaker 1: Playing to them.
Speaker 20: I'm like, well, I mean a Nicholas Cage never before, as somebody.
Speaker 5: Said, you would be way better than Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 1: Of me for anything, right? Do people like it just happened with the text line do people expect you to be able to do anybody on command? Yes?
Speaker 5: And I tell them is I'm more of a magician than a wizard. So and that people are like, what's the difference.
Speaker 10: I go, well, a magician practices a trick over and over and over to be able to fool you into believing that you're experiencing something that you're not, that you're seeing that you're not. A wizard does not Existzard would just conjure up a spell or something like that. I was turning into John Malkovich conjure a spell that would turn someone into a lizard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now that you have those little things, you taught us how to do it. But somebody like you, I would think, we never want to try something if you think it was going.
Speaker 5: To be good, Well I have to. I have to try it out all the time.
Speaker 10: But it's it's difficult to put it out there before anybody knows it because people really hear different things your ears. Do you ever do that thing where there's the are we going to you?
Speaker 3: Can you hang one more? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 2: All right, So the text line is saying you can't lay without Gruden.
Speaker 3: Of course, so we have to do before you.
Speaker 1: He's already doing the face. He's already doing the face.
Speaker 5: That's a tease cal overtime.
Speaker 1: Right after this, Frank Caliendo is our guessed, always a blast, Tennessee. If you want to go see Frank on Stage, tickets to our avail Little Now to Chattanooga, Tennessee, July twenty second, the comedy catch the twenty third very next night, Nashville, Tennessee at Zany's Frank Onstage dot com for that date and others.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to go see Frank somewhere else, so Frank.
Speaker 1: Has been visiting with us. He was kind enough to stay a little bit longer. And Frank, I'm seeing the stuff that you warned about that you are a magician, not a wizard. So because you do impressions, this is the one I think I like the most that wants you to be a wizard. And I wonder where the thought process was on this one. So Greg and I are Dad, iconic coach in the state of Alabama, passed away in December of twenty twenty three. So I just released a book about him. Now, keep in mind Dad is not even on the earth anymore. You've never met my dad. And the text nation actually says you think Frank could do an impression of your dad? Probably not?
Speaker 8: And I'm like, proud. That's a That's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I don't see.
Speaker 7: So, wizard, would you like to work that one out?
Speaker 5: Do you have any audio?
Speaker 1: Not not ready to go? So that good?
Speaker 8: Maybe I'll send you some you can prepare for the next time you come home to.
Speaker 5: You you get I can pretend like I'm actually gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All you got to say is, hey, you two are so stupid. They put your brain in a humming bird and fly backwards up a mule's butt.
Speaker 5: So now we know where doctor Phil got is.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: I think the one you would like the most would have been if I'd ordered a truckload of stupid people and all I got was you, I would have got my money's worth.
Speaker 5: Such. That's such dad slash fo all.
Speaker 1: That good stuff. So anyway, Frank Let's people are asking they wanted Gruden. Of course, you know, and this is different because tell me if we have this ride by all all appearances unlock with Madden.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's just say it.
Speaker 1: Gruden loved it. Oh yeah, yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: He was all in.
Speaker 10: Yeah, John's fantastic. Actually, there's a there's a pretty good story. A couple of years ago, I'd never been to Italy before, uh and my family we went to. We went to We went to Italy and we were in Rome and I took a picture and in front of the coliseum and posted it on Instagram. And then I got a text from a guy named Jeff Leonardo, who is John Gruden's right hand man, and he said, did you know John is in Rome right now? I'm like, how would I know, John is it's a pretty big city. Do you think I have grudar?
Speaker 3: I guess is that what?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 5: I tell you?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 10: I feel like there's somebody here who reminds me of myself right now? Man, what's it all about? A little spider two? Why bananas?
Speaker 5: That was going on?
Speaker 20: So he goes text John. So I text John and he's like, you want to have dinner?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 5: I was like yeah, So we set up to go to.
Speaker 1: Dinner because he had to say, Man, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 20: I said, man, Man, I just I don't say.
Speaker 5: That's what he said to me.
Speaker 20: He goes, I don't say, man, Man, I just.
Speaker 3: Said it man man Man.
Speaker 10: So, uh, we end up going to dinner and he's doing like plays with He doesn't even know he's doing it, like that's play. He's known for spider too. Why banana? He's doing spaghetti too? Why brushetta? You know, he's take a look at this man, it's gonna go left. You know what the primary is on that the meatball?
Speaker 1: Man throw it through the meatball.
Speaker 5: So we go to we go to dinner.
Speaker 20: He goes to the wrong place first, even though he set it up.
Speaker 5: I don't know what was going on there.
Speaker 10: Uh, but we end up having a great dinner and uh, you know, he's just our families.
Speaker 5: It's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 10: And and then last time I was in Tampa, he came out to a show and it was a This was before he started doing all the stuff with Barstool, which is great because he's always He's constantly got content out there of him opening up boxes, which he said his box. You ever see he opens up a box from a different school, school sends him something. But sometimes there's a box inside of a box. He's like, a second, there's I just opened up this box. There's another box inside of this. This is blowing my mind.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 20: You ever see that movie.
Speaker 10: Inception with Leonardo DiCaprio. I don't know if this is a dream reel right now? Man, it's in side of this box. There's another box.
Speaker 20: I don't The only way I know is if that box is reel, is if this top is spinning or not. I'd like to meet Leonardo DiCaprio. He looks like a good guy.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 20: You ever see him Titanic.
Speaker 5: It's a pretty good movie.
Speaker 20: I love to be at the front of the ship. I'm the ping of the world.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he actually opened a box from the college where dad coach, Jacksonville State University.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh yeah, they put that out. He was he got all kinds of stuff from jack State.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that's it's great all the stuff he gets. Uh, and I think Cincinnati was the first one to send him something.
Speaker 5: But it's just funny. He walks in.
Speaker 10: He had hip surgery, so he has this that was a while ago, and I think he's been opening so many boxes. He's he's not taking it carefully like he should. But uh, he's just limps in with a giant box.
Speaker 1: This box.
Speaker 20: Man, he's gonna be a good one right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knows exactly what he does.
Speaker 10: Like he just looks at He's like, I can't wait to open up this box. Then he's like, he's the only guy I've ever seen do ads for things. While he's doing ads for other things, like you'll have like a pizza hut hat on while he's got a Papa John shirt.
Speaker 20: You're going, which one are you promoting right now? I love pizza, man. I just gotta did you ever do a barstool pizza review? One bite? Everybody knows the rules. Come on, I'm gonna go Chucky on this thing.
Speaker 1: Man so and also text Nation is saying, you always have an obligation. You have to do the president every time, right.
Speaker 16: No, I do very quiet one, A very quiet one, rick end. A lot of people are saying a lot of people are saying tremendous things, that we're doing great things and are were gonna have piece throughout the galaxy. We're gonna have That's just the world. We're doing great things. We're doing great things. We're gonna have peace throughout the galaxy and the universe. It's like Fannish. Fannish came and he said, I want to get rid of half of everything. And I said, why not just expand the universe to trace as much And he said, I never thought of that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's get that soft voice is the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the great one.
Speaker 16: It's the great one.
Speaker 14: It's the great.
Speaker 16: It's very good.
Speaker 1: It's very good.
Speaker 16: And I got this from Joe Biden, Joe, Joe Biden, Joe Joe Folks.
Speaker 17: When I was younger, I go with scribed Pennsylvania very four or five so far, the Roman Empire, the Romans, Mario Luigi, there, plumbers, very.
Speaker 16: Good, Joe, very good, great job.
Speaker 5: I think people just miss me.
Speaker 8: Now whatever what.
Speaker 1: You you were talking about it Bush still wonders the planet with that same look that you brought out.
Speaker 10: He looks like he got he got away with something. Stuff happens. Man, you talk about muppets. He's the first president I've ever seen that would laugh like a muppet like.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 20: Who those old guys up in the balcony, that's.
Speaker 16: Me and Joe were great people together.
Speaker 17: Why do we always come here?
Speaker 1: I guess I'll never know.
Speaker 17: It's like some kind of torture folks.
Speaker 16: To have to watch the show.
Speaker 1: There's something so wrong with you. There's no way that you could do what you do and be normal.
Speaker 10: And then President Obamas he was the clearest, right me be clear, because he was going to be clear, because he said, let me be clear. He talked slow at the beginning, uh and speed up at the end. So it was that that whole thing, which is also how Robert Donny Junior does it speak slowly at the beginning, quickly at the segar also have a burp.
Speaker 5: You've got to work out the second half of the sentence.
Speaker 1: So people are asking It's true all of us, when we hear ourselves recorded, we really don't sound the way we thought we did. How do you know when you have it right is there's just some trust there. You can just figure it out. Year's work.
Speaker 10: When I work on it, I'll play it back a bunch out, so it does sound different in my head than it does out loud.
Speaker 5: So, uh, you got to go back and.
Speaker 10: Then they Sometimes you don't have to sound exactly like the person, right, You just have to sound what people think the person sounds like. The opposite of that is Morgan Freeman. If I'm going to do a Morgan Freeman, pretty much got to do it right on the money, right. But everything else can have some sort of over the top type of you know, version of that impression, which makes it funnier. You can nail the impression with the voice and it works. It's it's a little different on social media because people are looking at small screens. The over the top stuff isn't as good as it is uh live, because live it makes people laugh. But people when they're watching a little screen, you're like, wow, that sounds exactly like the person. So it's kind of got to be a mix but yes, so I do sound different in my head than I do uh when I listen back to it, So I have to play it over and over and over to to to kind of tweak it. You can get the cadence, yea, Like you can get the cadence. And that's the most important thing.
Speaker 5: You know, old school it was shit when I do it.
Speaker 14: Williams shat. You just need to pause at the right places.
Speaker 10: And now people do Christopher walking and you could be low, you could be high. You just have to get the cadence right.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: What that is.
Speaker 1: And you're good at putting a face in there that I think hell right, oh yeah, if you can get a facial expression, we're all in now. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Facial expressident and mannerisms helps mask the deficiencies in the voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little diversion, a little diversion like magic.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Frank, love love hearing you again and looking forward to continuing to visit when you need us. So the w n B A, you know, this is the thing you have to watch when you're trying to speaking of marketing, you're marketing a product that that really was was has an uphill climb. I do believe. And Greg, you said this off the air. I know you can't say this and you're not allowed to say this, but Caitlin Clark has helped the w n b A take huge strides along with other great players that people now have seen.
Speaker 8: But she has brought people to the game.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I will credit the w n b A. It's it's not anything I'm interested in, but I will watch the NBA. Yeah, yeah, Like you said, the only thing you're less interested in watching men play basketball is watch women play basketball. That was your quote. It was but and I understand that. But I have to give them credit that they seem to have bigger crowds. People are much more interesting fighting, but things like this that helps. But things like this are step back. Things like this are step back. This is not the way to go if you're trying to win a large audience. We have a w NBA announcer, a commentator from ESPN is apologizing for this phrase. I bet you can't guess it. What do you think she's apologizing for? Is that he or she?
Speaker 7: It's it's two she's you got Pam Ward and you got Rebecca Lobo in the booth. Why do you think commentating and it's Rebecca Low.
Speaker 8: Think of all the things you'd have to apologize for, Greg, have you seen the story?
Speaker 1: I have not take it. Just take a guess. You'll never get it. Chicks she called them chicks?
Speaker 8: No, no, Greg, that say that's the first thing. That was the first thing that came out.
Speaker 1: What about face? What about apologizing because you accidentally said that's what makes America great?
Speaker 7: Really, that's the issue.
Speaker 1: Why do you have to apologize?
Speaker 8: Well, that's a that's a good question.
Speaker 7: Grump says, make America great.
Speaker 8: Because Trump says that, and you know he's very divisive.
Speaker 7: So she's going to say that she disagrees with the fever coach had a challenge the call was upheld. The announcer says that she she disagrees with the call being upheld.
Speaker 1: So they disagree with you, they do, and I disagree with them, and that's fine.
Speaker 7: That's what makes America great, right Pat Mark?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's what she got in trouble about silence. That's in silence.
Speaker 7: I should rephrase that yes, wow.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah I did opinion or perfectly Yes, that's a better way to say.
Speaker 1: I should rephrase at see now that that's not going to help see this story being out today. You've made You've made strides. You do not have to apologize for saying people have a right to an opinion in America, and that's what makes the country great, the ability to express yourself into to agree to disagree. That's not a controversial statement in any way, shape or form. You talk about overthinking something, Yeah, I mean, did you think any when I heard that, did anybody go they must love Trump? No? No, that thought never. That's a common phrase.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 1: That's not a political statement. I thought it some slur like don Amas did? Remember that?
Speaker 2: Gregboddy, I know that's where you go every time. There's no Really, of course we do, Greg, he's going to say it.
Speaker 1: I know he is. Don't do it. Yeah, don't say it, Gret. We all know it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had actually forgotten it. But yeah, you brought it back.
Speaker 2: We better change the subject and the text Nation has made sure that I get it created.
Speaker 8: But I'm not going to say when you first brought I figured.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. But I just I just think this similar.
Speaker 2: She's basically saying we can disagree and move on.
Speaker 1: That's what makes America great, okay.
Speaker 2: And it's not a controversial who should be a controversial statement?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's not a political statement.
Speaker 1: I was gonna watch it. I'm not now right, Greg, I planned on it. And is there a circumstance, any circumstance? What would the circumstances be that you watch the w n B A game besides being paid? I just yeah, you can throw that in. You have to be paid. That would help. I don't know. I can't think of any Papa. Yeah, great, Papa, you take your c w n B A pop I love Papa. Who knows? I may go enjoy it? Papa, can you take this to the game?
Speaker 4: Papa?
Speaker 1: That's what makes America great?
Speaker 3: Pop up?
Speaker 1: I love that, all right. So that's that's what your grandkids, Tapa. Where's Indiana?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Let's say let's say why they have a fever. They need to get some some you the doctor, Papa. All right, let me ask you this. You'll just tell them all.
Speaker 8: Let's take the grand kids out because we know they can get you to do anything.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now we're down to the honorarium. Now we're down to the speaker's feet. Now we're down to the talent fee. Whatever you call it. What's the number?
Speaker 3: You gotta go.
Speaker 1: You gotta go, and you gotta say, hey, y'all.
Speaker 2: Let's get fired up tonight for filling the blank w n B A team in the market.
Speaker 1: I'm in and I'm here for a thousand, and you got to stay for the whole game.
Speaker 2: You gotta stay and watch it MC for the throughout the whole Yeah, he's doing the whole game.
Speaker 1: And you got to stay to the end to thank everybody for me five thousand. Greg would do it for five thousand.
Speaker 2: You're so underpriced sometimes, but you're not gonna They're not gonna.
Speaker 1: Pay anybody a lot for that. They're not gonna pay you one thousand for that. Well, I'm just saying, how about this name to one hundred? Name two w n B A teams and you cannot name the wayams that you that Caitlin Clark's on. You got a name too, you cannot of them? The Sparks, I think, what what city don't know?
Speaker 2: L A?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is that right?
Speaker 8: Which I have no idea? Greg, I know less about it than you do. Which one did Barker go to h l A.
Speaker 7: I think Sparks lost l A Sparks is a team, Greg, you got that one? I had to google it.
Speaker 2: Google one more, one more. You can't say Indiana.
Speaker 1: The uh, don't do it. If you do, it's gonna come up with if you do it. I honestly don't know anything.
Speaker 8: Okay, you don't, not one.
Speaker 1: I don't either. I'm sure somebody's the Express. Every new league's got some team named the Express. M hmm, maybe let me let me google it.
Speaker 2: Wish we're going to break right now because he's gonna say something.
Speaker 1: That's not a team Okay, not California Chicks. Clean that one up? Good know the.
Speaker 3: Great? What do you do?
Speaker 1: You're awful? What I was got in trouble for that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I want to say?
Speaker 3: What is he?
Speaker 1: You said? Yeah, he's dead?
Speaker 7: He is dead.
Speaker 1: He is dead? What about?
Speaker 4: What about?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: What do you think about? Trying to think of Atlanta's got one? Don't they probably? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Is it the Wilmington Whiners? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Hey, by the way, that game the ace is one Las Vegas?
Speaker 1: Good, isn't there one? And there's the team that they have a lot of fouls and stuff like it's the Philadelphia pus or something elbow you know.
Speaker 14: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Hey Rick, here, don't miss tomorrow's Rick Bird Show, the return of Andy Andrews, Be True or bs your chance to win from the wonderful will of Bundles, Bits and Bucks. We'll break down the stories of the day and send Speedy off to Dublin, Georgia to spend the night with Larry and Carolyn. All tomorrow on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.