Speaker 1: Oh Sabrina, Oh Sabrina, Oh Sabrina. It's time. This is the first time we've ever done this. We were like we're doing a recap of a movie that just launched, where like we've I feel like we're part of the zombies world. Now you got to go to the premiere, you got to meet the whole cast, you got to I couldn't go, and it crushed me that I couldn't go. It was something so much fun.
Speaker 2: It was a blast. It was so fun, and I do I don't know. I've got to figure out what is there like fandom nickname? Am I a zombie head or like what am because it is me a zhead?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Because that is I mean, and now especially on Instagram because I tagged them and I've just been like posting so much. It is all that is what my Instagram, Like, oh I have now and now I'm like into it. I'm here even more behind the scenes than like, wait, what happened to my regular feed with my with my cooking recipes and my child activity exact?
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, mine is mine is just appliances for the kitchen we're redoing. It's just random, like do you need a new synk.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't look at this stuff anymore. Just but you know what I can look at, yes, is Zombies four, and that's why we're here. But before we get into it, I just want to welcome you back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your PJS and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses are smart, the waves tsunamis and there were four Zombies movies. Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 2: I'm Wilford Dell and I have Sabrina Bryan.
Speaker 1: And like the saying goes, good things come in fours.
Speaker 2: Is that a saying? I don't know.
Speaker 1: And we're here to prove it because we're breaking down the newest installment in the Zombies franchise, the just released Zombies four. This time it's even more personal than the last three times. No Zombies four. Dawn of the Vampires is how I say. It's the Dawn of the Vampires and no matter when my palace, Abrina got the honor of watching it. It debuted July tenth on the Disney Channel, a massive premiere for the studio. Then it was available to stream on Disney Plus the following day. That was a bit of an audible call by the executives, as it was initially intended to just be a Disney Plus original movie and not involve the Channel. But I mean, come on, you can't do that because the whole thing started on the Channel, so you gotta make it. Make it o g. The movie is the fourth entry of the now quad quadrilogy. Yes, this is what we're gonna call it, a quadrilogy, following the original twenty eighteen Zombies, then twenty twenties Zombies two, and then twenty twenty two Zombies three and even years pattern. I assume Disney will be following for the next decade or so. Let's start with the big difference between Zombies four and its predecessors, and that's the filming location. The prior three were all filmed in the dcom capital of the World, which I think we can kind of call it that now Toronto, Canada. But this Disney sent them to Auckland, New Zealand, most likely for some pretty sweet tax incentives amongst beautiful beach views. It is almost a return to form for Disney, since we saw them do exactly the same thing with our recently reviewed Ripped Girls or Janie Tsunami, I think is what we were calling and I can't remember what we ended up calling it the surfing movie that was not a surfing movie, Julie Tsunami. There you go. In the press, this movie is regularly being called a quote unquote passing of the torch for the franchise, introducing new young characters to take over. Is that fair, Sabrina?
Speaker 3: I mean absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: They've literally singing a song about it, which we'll get into. We will get to the cast soon enough, but first let's talk budget. So similarly to Zombie's three, this movie is a massive investment, and boy did it ever look expensive. And that's because it costs again a whopping and reported forty million dollars. Yes that's forty people, not fourteen forty. And man, I mean it looked like it costs forty million dollars to me, what did.
Speaker 2: You say it did? In comparison to everything we've seen on the channel, this is on a whole other level, whole other level which we've already seen a bit of, like you mentioned, like in the third one when we were talking about the makeup the eyes, how when z goes in and out of zombieing out. Yeah, you see it there, But this is even the next level. It's crazy even higher.
Speaker 1: It added the two new cities and all that stuff. It looked great. The only movie with a higher budget to date for Disney Channel original movies was Double Teamed, which came in at one hundred and fifty three million dollars. I'm kidding. All of that was made up. Double Team cost eighteen dollars and a pack of gum. I still get Mikayla very very quickly doing all of these Podmets World live shows and conventions. People are I'm starting to hear everywhere. I love Magical Rewind. I'm addicted to Magical Rewind. Don't make me you. Double Teamed is the best movie ever made. So I just keep going, Oh, that's so sweet, and you're wrong. It wasn't rug anyway, So yeah, okay. It's really an insane turn of events for a failed Disney Channel pilot. It's a This entire series of films was a failed pilot for a show that they turned into a movie. It is now neck and neck with the Descendants for the channels most successful and expensive franchise. Not something you ever think could happen when a pilot doesn't get picked up. I mean, I know, crazy to me that it goes from we don't want your show to it is a tent pole of the entire company. It's a Disney channel.
Speaker 2: We've got to figure out who it is that we need to talk to that was there at the channel during the time that the pilot failed, and who it was that was the integral part that said, let's just make this a d com because we need to hug that person.
Speaker 1: We need to give that a big.
Speaker 2: Thank God, I would not I would not have the feelings I have right now if someone didn't come up with that brilliant idea.
Speaker 1: And the other thing I will say is I see how it could have been a television show, but they never could have done with the television show what they've been able to do with the films. So it landed where it was supposed to land, is what I would say. But you're right, thank god, somebody figured out we got to make this movie, and then.
Speaker 2: They got to figure out who that was, who are.
Speaker 1: It is we need to talk to you? And of course you can't talk about zombies itself without getting into the soundtrack. We've got another slew of jams released in full on the eleventh, but the singles The Place to Be and Don't Mess With Us were leaked first to drum up excitement for the movie. The album includes some of the top songwriters and producers in the business, with credits like Demi Lovado, Dove Cameron Paw, Patrol High School Musical, The Musical The Show, which is still the greatest title ever, and a lot of past zombie movies. How did you think the song stacked up with previous bops?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I right from the start, the first bok that we hear, I'm like, all right, we in. I was so locked and loaded and you were.
Speaker 1: You were just ready to go. And this is why I think you.
Speaker 2: I know, oh will I am ready? But I you know, honestly though, at the end of the day, the one that's been in my head since last Tuesday's premiere party that I was at is Someday.
Speaker 1: It just from the first movie.
Speaker 2: Something about that song from the first movie that it's one of those things. I don't know what you can do to top it because it's just so good and I mean it, But in my head watching all four of them now and again, this is their first franchise of the channel. We have watched every single one, and so I do see why that song it's come back every I know for my franchise, we didn't bring back songs. We didn't bring back Cheetah sisters, And I'm going, why the hell didn't we do that? This was like so good?
Speaker 1: Was the third one? I want to know. I don't want to know. I don't want to know. Don't tell me. I don't want to know. But but no, you're right. Here's what I'm gonna say before we get into the whole thing. For me, they go in order. The first one is my favorite. The second one I thought was great but not as good as the first one. The third one I thought was good but not as good as the first two. And this was my least favorite of the four. Oh wow, I and again not a bad movie. Definitely not a bad movie. But I thought at times it was needlessly convoluted. I don't think they figured out exactly we talk about the magical system, what the vampires and the Daybreakers actually day Walkers actually do. The kids are great, but it played like much more of a Disney channel. We can do this if we work together like. It was way more that than the cleverness of the first one. So I liked it. It was it was a fun, fun watch. I thought it was again needlessly convoluted. A lot of it didn't make a whole mess of sense. The new cast is great. Of course, she's adorable. He's great. That they don't have the same chemistry that Milo and Meg did. Maybe it'll come, but they didn't have it right off the jump like Milo and Meg did. There was something about going to Seabrook the first time. It's something you'd never experienced before. It's the human because we don't know who that that. She's party alien at the time, So it's the human and the zombie, the prime together. It's the the Romeo and Juliet thing. It worked so well. They were so amazing. You were just into the world. The music was great, and it's they've gotten I don't want to say progressively worse, because that's not the right way to put it. They're not as good as the first one.
Speaker 2: In order for me, Yeah, I don't know if I can one hundred percent agree with this.
Speaker 3: I feel like we kicked off and restarted again.
Speaker 1: So you so you would put this up there with as good as the first one.
Speaker 2: I would put it right under the first one.
Speaker 1: Wow, so you like this better than the second one? When they introduced the werewolves.
Speaker 2: That's hard for me because you know that if I had to pick a monster, that the one I go.
Speaker 3: So that's like kind of a hard question. But in the sense that we weren't at.
Speaker 2: Seabrook like we had the new we had enough new things versus like the second one, like you said, was just kind of somewhat part two, Like it started to be the same issue and we were in the same environment.
Speaker 3: Now that you took me out of that environment, I was.
Speaker 2: Able to like reset and and watch it almost like as a first time allow these characters to be first time characters for me, and we're in a different world. We're not having the exact same problems, or that there are similar problems, but like it's to stop other things.
Speaker 3: I was just able to kind of start fresh with the new set.
Speaker 2: New Zealand was good for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's good. That was in New Zealand. Do you do you like well you knew the two new leads as much as Milo and Meg.
Speaker 3: I loved Freya. I oh, I felt enough with her, not what I.
Speaker 2: Asked, well, oh sorry, her character.
Speaker 1: Do you like the do you think the leads the two leads have the same chemistry, that might.
Speaker 2: Have the same chemistry.
Speaker 3: I think they do, but for me, they they this was.
Speaker 2: A lot younger than when we met at Addie and Zed. Addison and Zed they felt much younger. Right Like Addison and Z already felt a lot they are out like a level of maturity. This felt younger. So it just was so again I just was taking it on as a different a different set of roles, not the same as them. I just they were much younger to me.
Speaker 1: This one's the thing I came away with most from this one was that it took itself too serious. Like the thing I loved about the first one was Bucky coming through the I.
Speaker 2: Mean it's like there's a tongue in.
Speaker 1: Cheekness about the zombies world where it's look at these cheerleaders and the zombies are zombie. I mean there was something so kind of fun about it, where this one is very heavy and they wanted to pull the emotion and you know what's gonna happen, And so I missed the kind of hung in cheek vibe of the first one. But I get true, well, we'll get we'll get it.
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't miss it because I didn't really. I mean, they had a couple characters that were like, you know, quirky and whatever, but not the same not a Bucky that this miss dismissed a Bucky. I don't think Bucky could have been there, but they needed a bucket.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Yeah, agreed. You took away Bucky and Bonzo. So both the crazy kind of characters that you had that are supposed to be absurd are gone.
Speaker 3: And everybody best friend to her like right and.
Speaker 1: Yes and gone. Yeah yeah, so you're everybody's taking themselves very seriously in this movie. It is. It is like the drama version of the zombiesch I get.
Speaker 2: And you couldn't kill my vibe.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you loved it, then I can't kill you. And again, I didn't dislike it. I absolutely did not dislike it at all.
Speaker 2: You just like the first one better.
Speaker 1: I just I thought it took it. I thought it was needlessly convoluted and it took itself too seriously. That was Those are my takeaways from this. Again, you're watching a forty million dollar musical with young, bright, shiny new actors and good music and man, can she sing so gay?
Speaker 2: As a star? Astoria is she's gonna been, Oh my gosh and fifteen she she is a star?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. Absolutely. It was a different vibe for me than the first Zombies movie. That's I guess that's all I would say. But anyway, okay, well let's also talk. Let's talk about dance. As the dance expert. I was trying to because you always point out to me, You're like, oh, they give like everybody gets a different style of dance. The Zombies gonna style, the wherewel's get a style. I was trying to spot the differences between the day Walkers and and the vampires and everybody else, and it seemed like everybody was dancing the same way. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: No, you're correct. That's one of the very first things because we get as soon as we were fr I mean, we're gonna get like the other things that happened before where we meet them. But that was I was like, when we're watching their first thing, I'm like, okay, here we go. And I was like, oh, but they did it differently because if you notice they're doing the same choreography, but they are mirroring it. So when the one side's using their right arm, the other side saw their left, which is cool, so they're more of mirroring. So I was like, Okay, this is a different take on what we've done. So it's kind of and it's like the night versus the Light like monsters, right, And so I guess that's kind of what they did instead, because it's like two new ones and versus just one new monsters. And to me, it was like this was a different take on what they've done before, where they're the same style but they're opposites. And the fact that they're like mirroring each other.
Speaker 1: But even when Zed and Willa and all them were dancing, they didn't have their own style anymore. It just seemed like everybody was kind of doing these big dances, right.
Speaker 2: I saw hints of it here and there, but it wasn't as deliberate as it seemed like. It wasn't as much of a choice and deliberate as it seemed like, especially in that third movie, to segregate all the different monsters, right.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know that.
Speaker 2: If that was a choice or if they kind of maybe just forgot you have to think too.
Speaker 3: The other ones were done a little bit closer.
Speaker 2: It's been three years since they like they said, there was three year break between the last one and this one when I was interviewing them. So I wonder if things like that kind of just got shuffled, and you know, their focus was just mainly on these two new monsters or what it was. But it definitely was something that was very specifically done and purposely like detailed, where it didn't seem like that was what they were focused on.
Speaker 1: This this go Well. The thing that was interesting again because talking to you, I look at I'm now actually trying to look at the dancing instead of just seeing shapes going by me that are shaping its shiny. Yeah. Yeah. And the thing that I noticed most is the opening number at the college at Mountain College did seem like now it was they were all dancing as if they were one team. So there was a hybrid of the Zobby dance and the alien dance and the Werewolf dance that they were all kind of doing now because and I was like, oh okay, I picked that up. I wonder what the new dance style is going to and then it didn't seem like there was any new dance style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they're no. I mean, I think their style was different, but they were just the same. There was not a difference of significant difference between the data and.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's how they did that purpose. I don't know. But the choreography, of course credited to I want to get this right, Don Draco Johnson, an associate choreographer Taya Wilde, obviously has its own style compared to the other movies.
Speaker 2: We're getting a direct like, yes, information from our expert Lisa. She's saying the choreographer said, it's more subtle, more like a Chicago versus New York dance style.
Speaker 1: Okay, because they're technically from the same place.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because yes, so it's like that subtle difference is like arm movements, but okay, it wasn't something as much of like a dinner facile face off.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense because again they're kind of from the same place.
Speaker 2: Just fank, God, I need to talk to this choreographer. I'm so obsessed with them.
Speaker 1: As I was saying, it goes without saying. You can watch Zombies four on Disney Plus it is the big channel push for the movie this year, and it is everwhere. It's everywhere, every everywhere, so.
Speaker 2: You cannot you can't miss watch TV and Zombies.
Speaker 1: And it's worth the watch absolutely. Also, this is a very recent release of our podcast is basically just one big spoiler. We're only a weekend so only listen if you don't care to get spoiled or you've already seen it. But either way you have now been warned. So our hands are clean. Our hands are clean. You've been warned, just letting you know. Okay, So before Zombies for more excited for the new Zombies movie or more excited to see the next Descendants. We've only done one Descendants. We have a whole other freaking like I.
Speaker 2: Know, to the point where I'm like it's crazy to me and it makes me one or because the Descendants knocked me off my feet with the level of what we saw with Zombies as well, just like so intricate, so specific and so creative, and so I'm like now going like are they going to be able to hold it up? You know? Is how realizing and watching how hard it looks to do when you're just entering like and bringing a whole new world to your audience.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited to see Descendants.
Speaker 1: I am true.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can say I'm like more excited or was more excited. I think I was super well, I guess I was because we've gotten a chance to interview so many of the actors from this movie, and we talked to Paul about it. We've gotten a lot of in depth, so we know so much of it, and we've talked to people that are so passionate about what their work was. But then this franchise that I think it did help me just like boost my excitement. And then to find out that I was going to get a part doing the breast junket and then I was gonna get to go all of that, Like I just was like, all right, I'm diving in, Like I I was so excited to be able to watch and man, just like to get the ability to watch the movie before anyone else, I have to download like three apps like sign all of this paperwork that I would not I mean it they lock it down. Then it took them like five days to send to me. I mean it was this was like I felt like I was like top secret agent working here.
Speaker 1: So it was actually very cool, so cool. I'm jealous. I hope everybody missed me because I missed y'all.
Speaker 2: We did every don't worry you were. We chatted about you and missed you and everyone along as you're.
Speaker 3: Yes, we were.
Speaker 2: No one could stop. That's all Jensen talked about. I got to I got to sit next to Jensen in the movie, and you know, all he kept saying is, man, I wish Will was there.
Speaker 1: You go, I just.
Speaker 2: Kids, we're asking where you were.
Speaker 1: Believe that for a second.
Speaker 2: The popcorn person was asking.
Speaker 1: Everyone, you're just lying. Pants are on a fire. What are the chances that we get to go to their collaborative tour coming up for the podcast? Do you think that, zomb and descend it?
Speaker 3: God, we do.
Speaker 2: It's coming soon, though, it's like in July.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna have to fit. Well, we'll have to get invited anyway. Now it's the place to be because we're legends in the making. That no, it's possible to be together as one. So here's the synopsis, z and Addison. But by the way, I'm the last person to pick this up. I had no idea that all the characters first name symbolize what they are. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I didn't either. One of our fans actually.
Speaker 1: Reach zombie and a Addison is an alien Willa and they're all werewolves. And then I thought about the new character Nova, who's a day walker, and the only thing I come up with is it was for no vampire.
Speaker 2: Oh and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know if that's true or not, but that's how I got it, So.
Speaker 4: I thought, I will. I thought maybe a Planet of the Apes reference also all possible because she has kind of that vibe as a day.
Speaker 1: Washer she does, so that's possible too. I'm curious where the origin of the name came from. Yeah, okay, so this synopsis, Zed and Addison have just finished their freshman year of college and are ready for a summer road trip. I have to say I'm very happy they did not go with just their first year at college. It would have seemed too much like being back at Seabrook, so I'm glad they didn't do that. They're ready for a summer road trip, but when they unexpectedly discovered the warring worlds of two new groups of monsters, their fun is threatened forever and clear the way because Zombies four is directed by the man behind it all, the same legend who's been steering the ship since the very first movie, a film he was thrown into last minute. By the way, it's the d coom daddy of them all. I will call him DCOM Daddy Paul Ho And not only are all of these prior movies on his resume, but and of course you can just mouth along with me as I do the list. Luck of the Irish read it and weep Cheetah Girls to One World, Camp Rock to and a bevy a big TV shows we can add to the list. And what's a DCOM podcast without a hoe and interview? So that's right, we've already done it. You can go check ours out right now, especially if you don't want to be spoiled by anything. It's available on the dedicated magical rewind feed. Seriously, give it a listen. He's awesome. I can't wait to have him back our dm Daddy forecast. Let's start wait to call it.
Speaker 2: We can't wait to see his face on zoom when we call him DCOM Daddy. Is the DCM dady going to dad, That's what it is.
Speaker 1: He's the DCOM Daddy, we're gonna get shirts made, So let's let's start with the names we know. For the cast. Star and executive producer Milo Mannheim returns as zombie Zed. He kills it every time. It's been said that he and his co star were very involved behind the scenes with this one, hoping to keep the legacy alive even as they take a backseat. And man, did they do it with a plumb? The question lies not only in Milo's lap, but also Meg Donnelly's Meg returns as Addison, the alien human hybrid cheerleader and girlfriend of Zed. Both original stars in the movie were unknowns when first cast, but now I feel like we'll be seeing way more of them outside of the Disney universe, especially with Milo just entering the world of theater with Little Shop of Horrors. Also back in the mix, we have a Chandler Kinney as will of the Werewolf, and Kylie Russell, who is not pregnant this time, returns as Eliza, the brainiac zombie. And that's it. That's it. That's right, folks. No Aliens, no Wyat, no Bucky, no yogurt Coach, not even Rue Paul as a UFO. But of course we do see shrimpy, which makes no sense. So not all is lost, Serena, did it bother you losing so many of the original characters. I mean, we're left with what I think from now on we're going to refer to as the core four. Did it not seeing anybody else? Bug you?
Speaker 2: I think it was. You know, it just set the stage right from the start that this is not about the rest of what we've seen so far, that this is this is a new storyline. We're moving forward in a big jump, hop, skip and escadatle away from what we've already done. So it at first was kind of like, oh, you know and some of the other Again, I didn't like look into it or anything before I sat and watched it, But we had already kind of known that this was this, you know, or anticipate that this was like a handing of the torch and all that kind of stuff. So this was just like, oh, okay, we're doing it, like right from the start, and one number yes Trevor did yeah, he said, yeah, no, we are. And then also I found out we knew no Bucky. Then it was confirmed when I talked to Terry that they were not in this next one as far. So I was kind of going bracing myself and they said that Addison was going to be the only alien that was She's ready.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, she's representing the alien definitely in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it was kind of like, oh, so I was a little anticipating it, but I thought there would be a little bit more within that first once it started becoming obvious. It was a dancing in the beginning. I thought we were going to get a little cameos something there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing new, nothing. Well, that's the end of the old generation, so let's get into the new generation now. If you remember, Zombie's one was extremely rare because it cast all newcomers. Nobody had any sort of significant Hollywood footprint, not even on the channel. But that is not the case with Malachi bar Carton, who plays Victor the Vampire. He is the new flag bearer on the male side, and he first burst onto the scene as Beast Diaz in the Disney show Stuck in the Middle. He wasn't even ten years old when he was cast. He then moved on to play a Kolby Madden on another Disney Channel show, The Villains of Valley View, and appeared un bunked, just roll with It and both under wraps reboot movies. So this kid is a Disney System star through and through. He's now eighteen years old and has the weight of the channel on his back. If you ask me, they seem they are making this kid a star. Next up our new female lead and Sabrina's favorite, Freya Sky as day Walker, Nova Bright Where Malachi, Where Malachi is part of the studio home team. Freya is as green as they come. Her only two real Hollywood credits are as voices into video games. But she as a native of England. Yes, she hit her accent well, she is from England as you're supposed to say it, and represented the UK in the twenty twenty two Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Result she was signed to Hollywood Records, contracted by Disney Publishing for her songwriting skills, and set into a holding deal for Disney TV, which is now paid off in a massive way. The most shocking part, as I said at the beginning, she's fifteen. That voice, that brightness on screen, she is fifteen years old, and as we just said, can we talk a little bit about our singing voice? Can it be argue that this is the best voice we've ever heard in a DCM could would she be on the list of best voices.
Speaker 3: She'd definitely be up up towards the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she was. Rarely notice how good someone's voices. I'm like listening to the song, not the quality of the voice. She's got a good voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's for what I've seen on her Instagram because I am absolutely following her now. She has a single that's dropping soon. She showed a little bit of music video. She's playing the piano, so she's very versatile and she's going to be. Like I said, I really just feel she's going to be an epic.
Speaker 1: Okay, so artist, I am suggesting that we have a new segment that'll take ten seconds on our new show. We're going to call it a fray A check because as of right now, at the time of this taping, she has only two hundred and thirty nine thousand followers on Instagram, and I have a feeling it's.
Speaker 2: Because for the movie aired, she was more in the one hundreds. Okay, So, so she's already jumped up quite a bit.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna we're gonna start doing it.
Speaker 2: I started following her. She had like one hundred thousand something.
Speaker 1: Okay, so two hundred and thirty nine thousand followers on instag Do you have your Instagram near you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Check check right now. This is our first ever fraya check.
Speaker 2: We're at Freya check e. I love this. This is perfect. Watch Lisa's going to do it before me, and you're she's doing it.
Speaker 1: I know you're doing She's at three already did She's at three hundred and five thousand right now. So from two hundred and thirty nine when mode.
Speaker 2: Was on airplane mode.
Speaker 1: Where we first check, she's at three hundred and five thousand right now, we are going to continue to look. That's Freya check number one. I'm guessing it's going to jump by leaps and bounds.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but Malachi has over a million.
Speaker 1: Okay, she'll be there very quickly, so fast. Julian Lerner is day walker Ray. Julian has a very cool, unique look and this makes sense. One of his first jobs was as young Pete Davidson on an episode of SNL. He also appeared in the movie Yesterday, the Soprano spinoff movie The Many Saints of Newark, and was one of the stars of the Wonder Years reboot, but most importantly, he was cast in the upcoming Bluey movie. And then we have Sway Batia is Vera the Vampire. Sway has a very cool IMDb page. She was a voice in the Netflix animated series Karma's World, a star of the Mighty Ducks Game Changers reboot, but most of our cable focused audience will recognize her as Sophie Roy on the highly acclaimed HBO show Succession. She is great. I hope she stays on for all the upcoming movies. And then mconan Knife is Vargas the Vampire. Again. I apologize if I'm butchering any of these names. He also has a very cool name and was a local Australian higher so this was his first big mainstream role. The movie runs wait for It, people, eighty eight minutes, very close to the target, just too short, which we know is better than too long. So once again, all hell Daddy d com hohen he has done it yet again. This is one of the few times in our life where too short is better than too long. The movie you take that however you want. The movie was written by the familiar names of David Light and Joseph Rasso, the team behind the original failed Pilot and Pass movies. No surprise there since they'll be on board for life. But then we have josh A. Kagan, a new name added to the mix. He's not new to the family musical however. He wrote band Slam, which is the one I brought up when we were talking about Lemonade mouth Mouth the Duff, the Kim Possible live action film which I'm pretending never happened. Under wraps two another d com called upside Down Magic and the letter Heavy edm DJ d com say that three times again, EDMDJ dcom. We all liked Spin, which was a great movie. He seems like a very impressive name for the channel. So we're gonna get this guy on and ask him why he did that to Kim Possible. Okay, now we.
Speaker 2: Need to talk to David and Joseph. That's who we got to already. We got to get to everybody.
Speaker 1: We gotta talk to everybody because we gotta we got to round out our zombies here, and then we need cameos in Zombies five. Now Zombies five Will and Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Which is well, they'll be the ones that told us like what ended up happening, why they felt the pilot failed, and how it became what should have been from the start the movie.
Speaker 1: We're absolutely going to have to have them on because we have so many questions. Okay, make sure you've got enough blood fruit to go around, because it's time to get into Zombies four, Donna the Vampires. Zombie four starts the same way we kicked off every Zombies movie so far, with an animated recap. Love it. The zombies, aliens, and wo wolves are living in harmony, and our main characters are at Mountain College where they heard a brand new story about another moonstone crashing on Mount Rayburn, creating two new monsters and two sanctioned off cities. These are the day Walkers and the vampires. Now, Sabrina, I feel like we all know about vampires. Did you know about day.
Speaker 3: Walkers in just assuming that they're just not vampires?
Speaker 1: So you you never knew like Blade? Did you ever watch Blade? Because Blade was a day walker It's what they called them.
Speaker 2: Day wo oh. I've seen the movie Blade so long ago, decades and decades ago, but no, I wouldn't remember that.
Speaker 1: So he's a vampire who can handle the sunlight, which is one of one of his major powers. He has all the powers of a vampire with none of their weaknesses. Oh wow, which is kind of what I thought they were going for here, But it turns out no, they vampire, any of that, none of that. Yeah, it's okay, we'll get into that. This is where the fantasy that I.
Speaker 2: Went, oh well, it's not gonna like that.
Speaker 1: Started to do. The moonstone also created a crop called blood fruit, which both species need to survive for some reason, so they end up fighting over the resource and locked themselves off from each other for years as enemies until now. And then we're thrown into real life Mountain College in the last day of freshman year. Zed talks to the camera as an intro we're used to. At this point, we find out that football didn't go as well as expected. The coach, sadly not yogurt coach, has set him up with an intensive football camp for the summer so he can get better. So Zed won't be able to see everyone at Seabrook, which is a bummer, but he gets it. We then cut to Addison cheerleading has been a bit of a battle as well. It appears the bigger pond has made it tougher for her to stand out if she wants to make cheer captain. Eventually, she needs to attend a cheer camp all summer, which means she'll also be away from her friends, and so we get our first musical number, Legends of the making a song about the sacrifices they're making this summer to get better at their respective sports. We also get to see Zombie Eliza for the first time. She's skipped grades and is now also in college. She's loving it and of course excelling in science. She is also no longer pregnant. She obviously had a kid and looks exactly like she did before she had a kid.
Speaker 2: Well, at this point, her kid's almost like three years.
Speaker 1: Kid's probably seventeen at this point. It is probably one of the dancers behind her, because it's been a while since we've seen them. But yes wherewolf Willa is also there, having a blasted Mountain college and she can't wait to come back next year. And now in Okay. First of all, one thing I noticed, I thought the whole point of the last movie was z was going to be the first monster to get into college. And pave the way for the rest. Right, but after his first year, if you look in the background, they dressed everybody. There's tons of werewolves, there's tons of zombies, there's tons of aliens.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I think there was a mention in the last one that other monsters would be able to go if he went, so they kept okay in case it then opened it up for other recruits. But you're right in that sense. But I do think that they gave a small warning that there would be other oh, that it.
Speaker 2: Was possible, because like it it was like him getting into it was going to open the door for other opportunities for everyone else.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they let in z and then three hundred other monsters the same.
Speaker 2: Apparently, Yeah, you know, but like that's how it goes, right with college, Like they do their first round and then so people go to that college, others don't.
Speaker 3: Then the second round gets to go out on.
Speaker 2: The yahs, Like, yeah, they were on maybe they were on the wait list. Maybe you know, they had to they had to see how their grades were, how many off. You know, there's college I went with it that didn't bother.
Speaker 1: I was just curious, we're now in the quad we get our first big dance number, and man, there are lots and lots of extras here the budget's first real moment. We also get a nice glimpse of the Shrimpy high school mascot, which makes no sense now that they're in college, but they're.
Speaker 2: And somewhere on on Instagram that they did. There's something that happened. I was I didn't have my my volume on, but they talk about Shrimpy.
Speaker 3: There's a story behind it. We'll have to find it and bring it back.
Speaker 2: At some point. I couldn't figure it out. After I tried to find that clip and couldn't figure it out. It was an interview, they said, Paul hoan, Okay, here we go. Fought to get Shrimpy there because he loves Shrimpy and he's Shrimpy, said saying happy birthday to someone during the set. The Shrimpy is like the mascot for all of them, not just like fine.
Speaker 1: If Daddy dcom wants it, then I'm in.
Speaker 2: And I my one of my first thing of Sabrina sees is the shrimp mascot. Paul, is that you why is Shrimpy? And here's someone there's something specific going on he says.
Speaker 1: Apparently in the interview, he says, Shrimpy is a person.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that would mean that Shrimpy can get into college as a person. So it's not a mascot at this point. It's Shrimpy a human being.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, is the next movie that we think with it's going to be about Shrimpy's like failing.
Speaker 4: They're mad that he's identifying as a human.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's what it is. They're coming to get Shrimpy back. I think we've we've cracked it, people, We've cracked it. I also love as this giant dance number is going on in the quad, there's extras just going to classes above them that aren't dancing that are probably like, why is everybody dancing on the quad? Like if you notice there's a second level where they're not dancing at all, they're literally just walking to classes. Hundreds of extras above them are just walking to different classes, which I thought was such a good touch where it's like not everybody's dancing. I thought that was great, Like the school's going on as everybody else is still dancing. I thought that was very cool. Oh my gosh, I didn't got to school. Mid song, our core four revealed that they'll be road tripping together, leaving college to their respective camps, all of them going in Z's green VW bug. They pull out of the parking lot and we enter the world of the day Walkers and Hello of forty million dollars. It is a beautiful tropical island and beach, and we immediately see the day Walkers practicing their magic. It's not a whole lot different than the effects we see, to be honest, in like Harry Potter movies, they're kind of that level.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The group, wearing red and gold, shoots fireballs and perform intense karate routines as practice, and a young blonde named Nova is instructing the group on how to protect their blood fruit from vampires. There was also a little girl who walks up and says, why do we have to stay here? We never see the little girl again, has nothing to do with anything, no point in having her there whatsoever, to be somebody's kid. Soon they will make the pilgrimage to get the fruit, but Nova is distracted by vivid dreams of a cute boy in a cloak, only interrupted by her dad, the day Walker leader Commander Bright, who had just fabulous blonde hair and would have been the part that I wanted to play. He needs her focused on the task at hand, because those vampires will do anything for blood fruit, and one day she's set to take over for him. They traveled to the big day Walker command Center, which is mostly made up a CGI but looks pretty good. And this is when I realized that Paul Hoen used every single dollar that Disney gave him. I think we have to put can we can we officially put this above Descendants on a scale of production value, But I guess we can't really say that yet because we've only seen the first one. So for all we know, the last Descendants movie is like watching a Marvel movie. We don't know.
Speaker 2: That's very true, that's that's actually true. But I do think it's safe to say that they went into Descendants. I don't remember what the budget was, but because it was Kenny like and knowing like the production value and what that was, I feel like there was probably a lot more given in that first Descendance movie than what was in the first Zombies.
Speaker 1: Do you think after these movies are done and they give Paul Hoan and Kenny Artaga, like they do everything you think. Eventually, they're just gonna have them fight to the death. So there's just gonna be one of them left to see who actually is is the decom daddy of them all. It's gonna be like a pay per view fight to the death between Kenny Ortega and Paul Howan. We'll have to see it be interesting.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, anyway, well that would.
Speaker 1: Be We also hear meet Ray, a top soldier for the day Walkers, very excited to be on the front line for the Blood Fruit battle, which is I'm gonna be saying an awful lot. He's a bit of a kiss butt and very loyal to the commander. Then we're over on the vampire side of the island, Shadyville, where of course it's much darker but just as expensive looking, and it's a real blade Runner kind of vibe. Looked great. Two vampires, Vargas and Vera, are prepping for their blood Fruit trip too. Then Victor, their leader's nephew, is late and haphazardly lands nearby with flying upside down, which doesn't okay, we'll get into the flying later, oh the flying. Anyway, he lands nearby, he is a slacker with a lot of charisma. He's happy to leave shady Vilsteins. He knows there's a whole wide world out there, but Vera isn't so sure. She's happy to be living the night life. Oh she likes to boogie worth figuring out. Now are we that was for you, Sabrita? Are we to assume that day? So? Okay, so this is where I start going to visit. So day walkers walk in the day because they can't walk in the night. And vampires, like in all a vampire folklore that's ever existed in the history of the world, sleep during the day and can't be harmed or and then they can be harmed or killed by the son. That's what's right, right, that's where we stand at this point.
Speaker 2: Yes, because the worlds are bright and dark.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's place here's where the rule is start. Okay, gotcha. Eventually, their adult leader, the vampire Eldris, announces it's time to start their trip. The harvest is upon us, and then we're back with the Core four in Zed's green VW set is driving, but he's on a headset phone with his coach. The biggest headset you've ever seen in your life, which I think all that stuff is very funny. He's constantly helping him to visualize, learn plays, and think about nothing but football. This seems counterproductive in my opinion. But short and Addison isn't much better. She's focused on learning cheers and balancing on a pyramid. But then the get how do you read about balancing on a pyramid? Anyway? But then the gang is stunned by a wave of electricity that shakes the car and turns off Zed's z bracelet. He begins to zombie out in the car swerves in every direction. As Zed goes in and out of being a monster, he pulls the steering wheel right out of the car, crashing the car and flipping it into the forest. More very big, expensive stunts. It looked great. The car is now although I will say why they only had the horn go off once when it's slammed on, Why it didn't go eh boom boom boom boom boom. I don't understand. They only have to do it. The car's now upside down and the group is safe. But Willa, the werewolf senses something bad nearby. The three others agree to follow her to see what's up. Now, you'd assume they'd walk together, but no, Addison is on her own. When she finds a portal, it transports her from bright Beach to dark Knight with just one step, another kind of cool looking visual effect.
Speaker 2: And did you Yeah? I was just like what, mainly because of how they like just first of all, they all this not okay to teach kids, like all right, you guys, get lost, everyone break up on your own.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a buddy system for a reason.
Speaker 2: There buddy system, and Willa and Eliza are doing just that. They went together. Why are we breaking up so that already I'm like getting annoyed? Unsafe? Unsafe? My boyfriend ever said all right, yeah, let's we just got stranded. I'm gonna go this way, You're gonna go this way, And I'm like, you can keep going because we're broken up. Done, you're believing me.
Speaker 1: Stay together people, okay?
Speaker 2: But then they just walk like they're just walking and go through it. I don't know, I guess I'm not. This isn't my world to know what much about portals, But to me, there shouldn't there.
Speaker 1: Have been like a no, that's how a portal works you just.
Speaker 2: Walk and then all of a sudden you've gone through a portal.
Speaker 1: This isn't This isn't a portal so much is what it's supposed to be as a veil. It's essentially a big long line. It's a shimmering veil. Again, this is my fantasy nerd brain. It's a shimmering veil between light and dark that you can just cross over. First of all, I understand why they have it where you can just cross over it with no effects. But this is where the magic started.
Speaker 2: To I mean, there's like you like, you know, like the things are you have to like touch like a mirror and.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, my arm. But that's a portal. That's a portal. This is a veil.
Speaker 2: This is a veil.
Speaker 1: This is a veil. It's a shimmering veil. That that that that's like the length of the thing. Yeah, I know it's it's a but yes. Uh. She discovers Shadyville in the distance, which seems like a pretty shady place to be. She wonders if someone in that town can tell her what's going on. That was my shady joke. By the way, Zed is also just freely walking by himself after almost dying in a car crash, and the portal he stumbles right into I'm gonna say veil he walks across, brings him to the day Walker's camp. Zed, who looks very out of place, approaches the day Walkers on their way to the orchard, but is welcomed by a Nova flipkick. She does. She hammers him. She thinks he's a vampire, but Zed explains he's actually a zombie.
Speaker 3: Sed always gets his ass kicked.
Speaker 1: He does, he does, and he's like the strongest one.
Speaker 2: I love it by girls.
Speaker 1: Milo, by the way, is so funny in this movie. He wasn't this funny in the other three. I don't think because he was so funny in the other three, But I thought he was really really funny in this movie. Great, he's got a big future in comedy. Ray still wants to attack Zed, but Nova calls him off. Commander Bright is also concerned with the intruder, but Nova doesn't think he's a vampire. He doesn't have fangs and is too clueless. Instead, they decide to use him as a recruit for the harvest. Now he's Nova's responsibility because what just like that? None of that again, I know they've got to get him in there, but it's like, hey, who's this stranger, I'm a zombie. Okay, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: Come on, this is the part. This and then there's just one other scene that I know you're gonna attack really hard, and I'm okay with it because it was my least favorite as well. But this right here, this section is when I struggled. And I told Tara because I you know, when we were sitting her and I were actually in the premiere together, and I went, oh, this was my This is the part that I just get. And then she goes, really I did. They didn't bother me at all.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, I don't get. It's just like, hey, all right, you're on our teape.
Speaker 2: First of all, the veil or the whale or whatever you have to go through, and then you go through it, and then it's like, hey, I swear I'm not not an intruder. Oh yeah, okay, he's your problem now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a part of the team. Come on, you're with me, strange guy.
Speaker 2: They almost lost me here, I almost lost.
Speaker 1: There was a couple of My strength is strong, but there's a couple of things that really needed rewrites like.
Speaker 2: It was just like too this part was too quick for me.
Speaker 1: He really needed rewrites for this movie, in my opinion, a couple things, but anyway, we are now back on the dark side of the island. The vampires have started their trek to the orchard too, just as Addison stumbles out of the group. She's happy to see any form of life, but they immediately assume she's a day walker and attacker with this very cool thunder windstorm kind of thing. Still wasn't entirely sure what their power was or how that has anything to do with vampires. It elevates her up into the sky until Victor decides to step in and save her. She lands fifty feet away and assures them she's just a cheerleader. The elder just wants to throw into the dungeon, but Victor continues to protect her and convinces his aunt to let her help pick fruit, so again, she's just part of the team. Addison notices a sketch Victor's holding of a beautiful blonde girl. He says it's just a girl he's been imagining in his dreams. Back on the bright day Walker beach, Zeden's new day Walker friends lead us in a new song, the Place to Be and introduction for our new monsters. We learn the day Walkers get their power from the light Stone, a solar flare of sorts, and the Vampires get their power from a dark stone, which I guess you could have guessed. These two groups definitely do not like each other and there's little hope for future friendship. This was actually the first single from the movie, released back in May. So what do we think of this routine and the movie and the song and everything. Keep in mind it did involve some water dancing, which always seems like a plus. Did you did you like this? Was this a bop? What do you think?
Speaker 2: I do like this song?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: I feel like when it comes to introducing, like you said, the new style, the new the new monsters, it's not the best that we've seen within the previous other movies, right, and then it bothered me. I'm all for some water dancing. I love it. It's always great to the streets you have, you have to stay wet after you get dry, you don't just instantly dry. And a lot of them were like and then hit hit to another scene, hit to another shot, Hit back to them, and they're fully dry, and continued.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's one of their mythical vampire powers. Maybe instantly dry.
Speaker 2: The only thing that kind of got me a little bit of like, no, I'm good to be wet, but you got it. You don't just instantly dry.
Speaker 1: No one does, I am gonna say, and this is it's just true. I went I watched the entire film, and then I went back and watched all the music and the dance numbers. Again. I do not remember a single song, not a single one. I do not remember a single song. No really. We also get a moment in the song where both Victor and Nova have emotional solos, looking for someone out there that understands that they want more from their lives, and obviously, of course they're talking about each other. Now. The day Walkers are the first to land at the orchard, followed closely behind by the vampires, and this is where things start to get real confusing. The orchard's bright and sunny, and though it's startling at first, we find out the sun doesn't actually hurt vampires at all. They're like, oh, it's like a warm blanket. What what? What? So what?
Speaker 2: I went, Oh, gonna lose.
Speaker 1: Well, what, they're vampires.
Speaker 2: I know that that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get you have to make PG kind of vampires. They did it in what was that other awful vampire movies, the Twilight movies where it's like we're vegetarians. What so the the whole it's this to me was just it was like, what then, why are you always in the dark and they're always in the light. If it doesn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Why do they live that way? Then? If it's not a big deal.
Speaker 1: Right, and why why maybe even have it just out a line where where when the vampires walk out, it could even be like they're not gonna go out, it's gonna kill us. It's gonna kill us. And then a doesen't and you find out they've been lied to forever or something where yeah, I mean there's nothing there.
Speaker 2: Just the orchard could have been kind of like a half dark that's they're comfortable where they're not like y, you know, but they're the orchard is ship and you know, but.
Speaker 1: So why they should have been because the roots are different later, so why not have one dark side of the orchard and one light side of the orchard. Something happened, but this made no sense. You need some rules. Superman can't just be all powerful. He has to have Kryptonite, he has to have you know, magic.
Speaker 2: Bound boundaries to everything.
Speaker 1: You have to have something that you know, Z the Z bands him. Oh my god, there are weaknesses to all this. That's the point. And so this was just hey, this is warm, like wait what So yeah, I don't know, it doesn't I was gone, it's hard to.
Speaker 2: I think it's hard to because it's not just like you know, you you love that world in those different kinds of movies. That's not something.
Speaker 3: But still like vampires are vampires there?
Speaker 2: That isn't that is a worldwide thank you rule for vampires. You don't have to be in the world to like know that. So yeah, and I do. I think if they thought they just needed to just there's a there was a way to make it work.
Speaker 1: Then how are they different than day Walkers other than the fact that they like it dark.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They do this swirly thing and they went, yeah, the fireirly thing absolutely did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is where it was so convoluted with the magical system and what what are they doing? But either way, this is when both groups running to each other, forcing the day walkers to sprint to the Orchard Gate, where they all realize they're locked out. So after all that setup about how much they hate each other, they just stand there, shoulders shoulder, just stand. There was this weird to you. They're just like, hey, it's up, Hey, how you doing. Can't what's what's going on? Can't stand well?
Speaker 2: And then as they're walking down, like, I don't know, it's just the fact that Addison and z didn't like instant I mean, you look so different than everyone else, Like like for my husband, I could spot Jordan's yeah, sea of two hundred people, like he's right there, you know, same with me with him. So it's like it's weird that they were like it took him so long to be like, oh hey, hey we did.
Speaker 1: Three movies together already. Yes, So this was just it was just strange, you're just standing around. The big headline here, though, is that Nova sees Victor for the first time, and they both realize this is the person of their dreams and also Zad Allison or reunited. But Addison and the Eldris and Commander Bright have a war of words and just before an all out war breaks which it doesn't in any way between the two gangs which are just standing around our core. Four step up to point out a bigger problem at hand. No one can get through this gate without what appears to be three keys. Okay, so had none of these people. So here's what I was trying to figure out. They and they did explain this right. There was blood fruit, which both societies monsters need to survive, that was growing at their respectives town and then that started to die, so they had to come to the orchard to harvest. Yes, so this isn't a yearly thing where they harvest the fruit.
Speaker 2: No, it's they're going because all of their their orchards that they have are dyed, that are that they normally harvest from are dying. Okay, and they know, but they know that locked away is this you.
Speaker 1: Know, But they didn't know it was locked away because they all showed up and went why is it locked?
Speaker 2: But they tell us at the very beginning of the movie that it's.
Speaker 1: Locked, that it was, but they didn't know it was locked because they're like, well, there's we need keys, and the ones like I'm gonna fly over it. And then she throws a rock and oh there's a force field. How do they not know any of this before they showed up?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, so no, in the in the little characterture thing, the lock that they have or is that it's the the bars that were at the tunnel.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what That's what that's what was locked. So they don't know that the orchard is locked up. They get there, we get three keys.
Speaker 2: How to this isn't any blocked up? I guess not. I guess not. They knew that there was gates that were blocking up at the like cave area.
Speaker 1: Right, But how do they not know when they get there that there's these the series of keys and there's a force field on their orchard?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I guess Their answer, apparently was built by both of them, was yeah, but it seemed like that that blocking of it or whatever like that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a good point exactly.
Speaker 2: That's a really good This is where.
Speaker 1: The magical systems come in and stuff has to make sense. Yeah, okay, and maybe we're gonna get like, oh, we missed something, maybe, but I don't think we did because I went back and looked again, and they just don't know any other Okay, right, okay, and so no exactly okay, okay, anyway, no one could get through this gate that no one knew about, apparently without even though their society has built it with without these three keys. So Addison has proposal the two groups will work together to find the keys while staying at a perfectly placed nearby camp. And why should these two warring factors do this well, because our core for are living proof that all monsters can work together both sides, except very quickly, after years of enmity, all of a sudden, there they're okay with this, and that puts sketchy.
Speaker 2: It's sketchy. You could tell, like, all right, yeah, we'll go with this, like.
Speaker 1: Right, but they out they're lifelong enemies that are like, we should send our kids to camp. And Nova and Victor are put in charge of the experiment. Okay, But even though they put their differences aside, Nova's commander Dad sidebars with her and demand she take all the fruit in the end, no matter what happens, even if it means destroying every vampire. She seems torn, but Nova and company man Ray give their word that's what they're gonna do. The crews eventually arrive at camp Rayburn, with trash talk already at an all time high. Also, we learn that the day walkers have no problem with night, so they're just walkers. Just walker. There's no there's no like. I just I just need to know the rules. I get the singing and the dancing and the love story. But give me some rules that make some semblance of sense, because I don't get what it is, and that maybe it's me. Maybe I'm stupid and I just don't get what it is. But you've got vampires that can walk in the day and day walkers that can walk in the night. They both eat the same fruit. None of them drink blood, some of them have fire, others fly while upside down and backwards. What is happening? I just need to know what's happening to get it.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting over there going, oh my god, this little couple.
Speaker 1: Is I know, and I just need what's happening. That's it, that's all.
Speaker 2: About all or I just do the song. All I want is for them to get together and continue this massive franchise.
Speaker 1: I just need some rules. Please just send the script to somebody who's there.
Speaker 2: Must Zombie five. That's the true for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just need some rules, That's all I need, and just send it. You write the script the way you want to write the script, this beautiful script that's singing and lovely and all that and forty million dollars, and then send it to somebody who's read a fantasy novel. That's all you need is just and they're gonna I'm gonna add four lines that are gonna make everything make sense because this it was just like what you needed at the time. Okay, Hey, let's fly upside down? Why? Okay? And again I didn't dislike the movie, that's the fun part. I just wish I had the rules anyway. Victor and Nova are still exchanging glances while Zeda Addison have become the head counselors at this camp. They know what it's like to bring people together, so it's a natural position for them to take everyone. Everyone notices both vampire and DayWalker symbols on the cabins, giving the location some confusing history, but not nearly as confusing as this joke. While they moved in, can we please play the clip?
Speaker 2: This place probably used to be a day Walker camp and then vampires stole it and ruined it.
Speaker 1: Just like Commander Bright says, you.
Speaker 2: Do with everything. You know what the elder says about day walkers? Will you not eat soap to have shiny insides?
Speaker 1: They are naturally shiny? I don't understand. D never comes back up?
Speaker 2: Yeah we got it, Yes, yes, yes, we could hear it.
Speaker 1: Never will just does it like it? Well?
Speaker 4: It never?
Speaker 1: It never comes back up. It's never explained. It's not even a joke.
Speaker 2: It's just needs a fun me, you know what, the will win things like that happen in this fora Do you know what I did? I went with it because I'm like, I don't know these kinds of things. Is there something about the day Walkers with soap? I literally just was like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: Knows, Hey, I hear that you can't hear the darkness.
Speaker 2: Let me ask whill about that soap?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Anyway, despite the FI is it liquid? Is it a bar? Who knows? Who knows? Are they drinking palm olive? What's happening? Anyway? Despite the failed gag that made no sense, the day Walkers and vampires find their bunks, the vampires sleeping coffins, by the way, which also makes no sense because the sun doesn't bother men in any way, shape or form in this movie, but whatever. Eliza also sets up a workstation to find out what's up with the wavelength that made them crash their car. Outside, Zed Addison sit by a camp fire to catch up. They've both been so busy during the school year and with plans for the summer, it's tough to work on their relationship and I've got to just love the two of them together. But this camp journey will be a nice moment for them. After all. They also know that Victor and Nova's forbidden attraction reminds them of a certain couple. They know. It was very nice to see the mirroring. And here we get some much needed updates on the cast members not paid to return for part four. This is what I was waiting for. They explained a little bit about it. Bucky has returned from space, Bonzo and Breeze started their first summer jobs, and where Wolf Winter is teaching meditation. Would love an update on the coach's yogurt shop, but we assume he's doing well. But that'll do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Elsewhere at the campsite, Victor and Nova had realized their visions were red. They have a Romeo and Juliet Balcony moment singing a very quick duet and this really shows off frays Guy's voice. Again, this was not to me. I get what they were doing and I love the kind of bonding them together. This did not have the gravitas of Milo and Meg in the cafeteria room. It just yes, that was so much more day when they're and you're.
Speaker 2: Right, this was to me a lot more of the like instantly super dramatic, right the is when you saw the difference of the light and the airy and the Yes, there's drama with it, but they're just like this like magnetic force that just can't ever ever go away, and I hope it continues for the rest of our lives. And the other one was like so deep, they were so deep.
Speaker 1: That there was a light to it that that I miss. It just didn't have the same feel to me.
Speaker 2: But I wonder if it felt like it had to, because again, like just the two actors in general just are they're younger. They are just such a younger energy than what Addison and Zed were in the first one.
Speaker 1: No, that's true, that's one hundred percent trure that might make you know when you're younger. Everything is life and death. It's supposed to be life and death for their people. But that's what I mean about not being as lighthearted and tongue in cheek as the first one. You needed some buddy, You needed something like that to jump in. They tried with things like.
Speaker 2: Feels so good when he knows that the will Will said, we needed some Bucky wed.
Speaker 1: We needed some Bucky. Yeah, everyone's asking me if I've seen Twilight. I did, and then quickly scraped out my eyes. The next morning, the vampires and day Walker's continue their very fragile relationship, with Victor and Nova leading the way to find these keys. This leads to our next song, Don't Mess with Us, a back and forth between the two groups, threatening each other with Ray and vera battle rapping. At one point, the union is truly a ticking time bomb. This was This was a good song. I again, I don't remember much about I remember liking it, but I don't. I can't even put the song in my head as I'm sitting here talking about it. It's kind of a step up adjacent routine, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do, And it reminded a couple of the things, and when I get to Sabrina season, I know you don't want to.
Speaker 3: Talk about the movie, but I have to because it's Paul there.
Speaker 2: This was the second thing that I went, oh, this is a little bit like our our Cheetah Girls three there we have like a battle type.
Speaker 1: Of Okay, yeah, don't tell me too much, don't I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: I won't tell you too much, but it is. I do know firsthand that Paul knows how to do these, so it's it was good to see the.
Speaker 1: Clash of the two of them together. I mean, that's that's the Sharks and the Jets. I mean, that's been in musicals forever, so it's great. It's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The song also marks the first time Victor and Nova admit that they've been seeing vision of each other. And during all the dance fighting, they solved the first puzzle and get the first key they can work together. After all, one key installed into the wall, two more to go. That night, the vampires and day Walkers celebrate together. We also get one huge plot point that you can that you can either accept or not. Vampires don't drink blood, they just use the blood fruit, so they don't drink blood, they can walk outside, the sun doesn't affect them. They have the power of wind, and they can fly. None of this is vampiresh none of it. Yeah, the flying kind of if you go back to Dracula being able to turn himself into a bat. But other than that and that, the stupid Twilight movies were for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they move quickly and.
Speaker 1: He glittered in the sunlight, was like, what the what is?
Speaker 2: And in the new interview with the Vampire series they somewhat fly.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so maybe some vampire. But it's like they just made it all up anyway. If they don't call them vampires.
Speaker 4: Make up.
Speaker 2: I just called them a different kind of months. Yeah, make them.
Speaker 1: DayWalker and whatever night walker, that's all you gotta do. And they live in day and night. Then you can make up your own rules. Don't. If you call something a car, it's then not a submarine, it's a car. It's like, you've got it. You can bend the rules. You can't just make them up anyway, right, Yeah. Sorry, this is the nerd in me that just hates this stuff. I hate it and I like the movie. It's just Oh, the nerd in me is excuse me, but the vampire is not allowed to. Yeah, that's me right now, and I have no problem with it. Also, as the group's co mingle, we get a clink of mugs from Zeded and Addison, and I think we can assume that this scene is the way they told you about Sabrina where they felt like grandparents.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the the when they clink those little mugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I love that. With the campers in bed, the Core for regroup over Schmores, which I love my life perfectly, saying in a funny, weird way Schmores. The group wonders if there's more to life than just being a football star and a cheerleader Captain, what about being around all those you love? But Zed and Addison still see their individual goals as more important. But then out of nowhere, that wavelength thing hits again, now even stronger, and each of the core four now feel the rage, all barely able to keep their monsters at day. It passes, but Zed is the one most affected. They realize this will hurt their family and friends back home if it gets more powerful, so it can also affect Seabrook. They got to figure this out. Meanwhile, Victor and Nova have a small rendezvous and suspicious Ray Ray catches a glimpse of the meeting. The two arrival leaders visit a cave filled with old Vampire and day Walker symbols, proving that at one time they did in fact work together. Didn't they also figure this out at the camp that was the Yes Okay? This leads to some vulnerable talk about wanting to be more than just leaders for their family's rivalry, and the full length song of what we heard a little earlier, Dream Come True. It's all about their me attraction and how they feel connected despite their cultural differences. It is a soft spoken, building ballad that peaks with the two floating at full speed through the sky upside down, a stunt that probably matched the entire budget of the first Cheater Girls movie. So what did you think about the song and the scene? Did the flying bother you all the kind of it? Did?
Speaker 2: I didn't. This is the scene that I went and I get it. I mean, they had the budget to do it. I'm sure it was very cool to film, sure so different. Not very many channel movies have we seen this in, But I didn't really actually love it that much. Kind I liked this song.
Speaker 3: I thought the song could have been cut shorter, and this scene could have not gone for as long as it did.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like I'm ready, you know again, I'm ready to see when is Ze gonna drop to a knee and give me a proposal for Addison's exactly?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Zombies five Now they're on their honeymoon.
Speaker 2: I've already put it in the atmosphere when I interviewed them, just because I know they're executive producers and that they can now make that happen for me.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine that work on Zombie part Alien Baby? That would be the coolest.
Speaker 2: Part to play. I know now we're talking really getting creative and being able to make your own rules because who knows?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, thank you? Okay. As the song comes to an end, they stumble onto the second puzzle and it's quickly solved, and thus the second key was built on love. They bring the discovery back to the camp and inserted it into the wall, surrounded by everybody. No, it's a happy moment at first, it triggers an earthquake as a ball rises from underground. The statue says only one team can win, making the group think that either of the date.
Speaker 2: So did they.
Speaker 1: Okay, did the the day walkers and vampires built this lock together to hide the orchard from their own future generations? But built this elaborate thing to where can they win if they just put it? Was so needlessly confusing to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I assume trouble started brewing, right like within two groups of people that are in there're supposed to be a unit, but they're obviously different, right different, Trouble started brewing. They s elders basically were like, we need to just take a minute, give some space.
Speaker 3: We're going to create this thing so that they need.
Speaker 2: They're going to have to come together to enjoy this and to be able to enjoy the fruits the labor of all of our ancestors.
Speaker 1: Then you make it easy where you hide the orchard. That's the point. I They have to work find the orchard like that it's not hidden with yes something, but instead of magical locks and a ball, you've got to push one side or the other to work together. I get why not just have to work together to even find the mythical orchard because everything's I mean, it's like you know where it is, but it's locked and there's a vailue.
Speaker 2: Where where would it be?
Speaker 1: It would be exactly the same way with rules these are god. They could sing a song about it, what rhymes with we can't find the orchard? Okay, but that's anyway they bring it. They had started back in the wall, okay, so only one team can win. The ball rises rounderground the stat she says only one team can win, making the group think that either the day Walkers or the vampires have to push the ball to one side by themselves and they're always meant to fight it out. As the group gets in a position to fight over the ball, the pulse hits again, pushing z into full zombie mode. It quickly passes, but he's unable to rebound. Everyone realizes that they've taken this too far, and they head back to the camp. Elizah checks her data and notices the pulse has gotten strong enough to eventually turn that into a zombie forever. She also thinks she knows where it's coming from underground, and so Zeed is forced to go subterranean to investigate, leaving us to his big solo number, which is a rap song called Kerosene. It's his version of Eminem's Lose Yourself all about how to you know he has to step up even if he dies as a result. What did you think of this song?
Speaker 2: I didn't hate it. It wasn't one of my favorites. I mean, I don't know how much I love like the super rappie type songs within this genre of movies that were watching, but it was okay. I didn't it wasn't one of my favorites. I kind of just breezed through it. What did you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I breaking right into a rap song sometimes for me, really worked this one. It wasn't bad. He can obviously rap right.
Speaker 2: We've seen him do it.
Speaker 1: We've seen him do it before, and I guess I like occasionally switching up the vibe of the song. But it felt a little out of place to me this one. It just it's going kind of from ballads to this straight up, kind of heavy rap song. Felt a little jarring to me. But he did it well, So yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Did have a fun inside baseball thing from the premiere. I don't know if you noticed, Sabrina. There's a line in the song where he says like something something bruh, like he he like says it very funny. In the middle of his rap, the entire cast wrapped it. Did you hear that part or no?
Speaker 2: I do remember them rapping, but it was like I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Wait, at the premiere, people stopped.
Speaker 2: There was a couple of times where they came in and like they were.
Speaker 4: The big one. The one I noticed the most was during the rap. He kind of jokingly like you could tell it was probably a joke with it in the cast the way he says, like something bruh. They all yelled it like like Rocky horror.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. Oh that's cool, man. I miss so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, it was one of the most fun premiere where.
Speaker 1: You stopped where you stopped. It did not it was terrible and you did not have a good time. That's what I want to continue to hear.
Speaker 2: So funny.
Speaker 1: I know Danielle and Jensen said the same thing. I just missed it. Anyway. Zeedrapel's underground but eventually falls, causing the entire ground to give way, taking Willa and Eliza with him, and now Zed is stuck under a huge boulder. The camp hears them screaming and runs to help to save them. Eliza zombies out, which is a rare occurrence in the movies, and Willa goes in a beast mode to move the rock he's freed, but they also notice a broken tower on top of the blood fruit roots that the real cause of the pulses. Apparently this tower. The roots were screaming for help and the towers working as an antenna for their cries, so they have to free the roots. So hey, nothing like adding another weird layer of weirdness to the weirdness. Zed starts rapping again, but he can't move the tower. It's just too much, even with Willa and Eliza's help. But that's when the entire camp arrives to join in on the kerosene hook and push and pull. Together. They eventually move the tower and save the roots as one unit, saving monster kind once again. But there's still that huge ball statue that says one Team. I don't want to say ball statue anymore than I have been, says one Team, And they're still worrying about that. Vampires and day walkers are back to bickering about who it's referring to. When Addison takes control, she explains the histories of zombies and humans in Seabrook. She says real change can happen if you find strength in people's differences. She wants them to stand together and fight for their futures, and like a half alien coach Lombardi, she convinces them to be one team, but now alone dey Walker. Ray reminds Nova of their promise to her dad. They're supposed to take all the blood fruit, but he can't believe she's been working with a vampire but who's just them but with air powers. But Nova stands strong. She's gonna work with Victor and his team, even if Ray and her dad doesn't like it. But this leads to another song, My Own Way, which was a stellar vocal performance from Nova. It really was. It's all about the internal conflicts between her promise to her dad and her heart. She doesn't want to let her people down, but she needs to find her own way. And remember, as you're listening to her songs, she's fifteen years old. Crazy. The next morning, they're back at the third puzzle ball, working together to move it. It eventually cracks in half, exposing the final key, but it's encased in amber. The day walkers and vampires use their superpowers to melt it down, and now the gate can be opened. It's time to harvest. The orchard is beautiful, surrounded by a waterfall and endless greenery, covered with blood fruit, which looks just like apples with melted cheese on top. There is definitely enough for them to share. Not sure what all the fuss is about. There's plenty to go around. But that's when Commander Bright arrives. He was tipped off by ray that little The Commander can't believe his daughter was going to disobey him and let the vampires get all the blood fruit. This obviously a fends victor since it means his new sweetheart has been lying to him, and that's exactly when the Eldress arrives, also via snitch to her too, so those two people can go and rotten hell for all I care. Snitches wind up in ditches. As a result of all this supposed backstabbing, Commander Bright throws a fireball at the vampires, but it's deterred at the last second by the Eldress, leading the explosion right to the crops ough, so when it lands, it burns down half of the orchard, exposing some very mediocrecy gi it was the only part that actually looked kind of cheesy and sending out another pulse, knocking Z to the ground. This means war camps over, so both sides leave to prepare for battle. Why not? Why not fight? Why not just fight right there? Do they really need to freshen up?
Speaker 2: Especially because when they do come back nothing, they don't bring anything. There's no leg I mean, there's no.
Speaker 1: Let's go get our weapons, Let's go get our No, that's I'm gonna kick your ass in like two days from now because I need some sleep and my stomach isn't feeling Yeah, this is my foot's kind of hurting. Just fight, It didn't make any sense. Commander Bright is very disappointed in his daughter, and Ray swears he didn't know his tattle tales would lead to this. Bud, of course you did with the camp splip back into sides and a battle on the horizon because they didn't just fight Nova in Victor's relationship is on the rocks. The Core four know what they have to do. They gotta do something, so they returned to the suffering roots. Zed is on his last leg and realizing he's been focusing on the wrong stuff. Who cares if he becomes to starting QB. He needs to be around his friends and family. Nova and Victor show up concerned about Zed and they get to talk out their problems. Novah says she's her own person and being with him as made her realize she needs to go her own way. She knows they have to work together and be together. They hold hands and notice the dying roots are from both the Vampire and day Walker orchards, which okay. And on top of that, the tower is a place where the light and dark stones can be placed. And I don't know why they didn't notice that the first time they saw the tower, because they were there and there was a big tower. I don't get it. The duo realizes their moonstones can work together to feed all the orchard. The problem is they need to steal the most protected things in their villages and bring them back quickly. It's impossible, but nothing is impossible when you have a song. So we get possible, which is a literal torch path track. We know this because those are the exact words and the lyrics. It's Zeda Addison giving the Zombies franchise over to Victor and Nova encouraging them to try to get the stones because anything is possible. As a result, Victor and Nova successfully round up their troops. Is one saying, let's rep for the next gen. I mean, they're really hitting the nail on the head right. Then the campers all work together to gather up the remaining blood fruit before any possible war very convoluted. As the song continues, Commander Bright's troops and the vampires leave their villages, giving our main characters the chances to steal the stones. There's some cool fighting scenes here with some of the guards, but it was also really easy for Victor and Nova to take the stones. This thing that was supposed to be impossible turned out to be really simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well but in both sides remembered though there it doesn't seem as though there's anyone else around in each of these Like what are we calling them villages or whatever? There's no, there's not a real because I thought the same thing. I was like, that was crazy. There's there's two guards. This is the most treasured thing that they own, right, But then at the same time, there wasn't really anyone outside the day walkers, and they haven't ever seen each other like will Nova and and Victor have never seen each other. This isn't like they are ever like worried or not not worried. But there's not like these like.
Speaker 1: Threats to them. Yeah, so I feel like that why would stones be impossible to the point where they have to write a song about it?
Speaker 2: Well, because it's like how could they ever, I mean for them for Nova to ever think of even moving that is it's the same way as the werewolves when we had the were Wolve's moonstone.
Speaker 3: You don't like, you know, well, I guess that was different.
Speaker 2: They had to find it, but I don't know. It just is like that's like crazy, but it's a crazy thing to think of, Like, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Then don't call the song impossible. It's not. It's not impossible to do.
Speaker 2: They share it highly likely, No.
Speaker 1: They just yeah, they shouldn't do it. It's like we can't take it. It's not Wow, it's impossible. It's not impossible. It's actually super easy. So come up with a different name for this song.
Speaker 2: All right, now, okay, we've gotten you into the dark side.
Speaker 1: Thank god, the dark side. The light doesn't hurt me with stones in hand now, which again is super easy to do. Vera tries to stop Victor, but he implores her to question the things that don't make sense. It changes her mind and she decides to cover for him as he runs away. And now, just as Commander Bright and the Elders arrive at the orchard, they realize all the blood fruit is gone, and they command their troops to find it. Victor and Nova do make the impossible possible and get the stones back to the camp cave, but are met by their disappointed aunt and dad. But now instead of falling in line, Ray decides to step up and do a weird bird impression while shooting fireballs. This gives Victor and Nova a chance to climb the tower with their stones. Then, while the duo fight off attacks of their angry Boomer leaders, Zeed and Addison lend a helping hand to hold up the tower as it teeters on falling. But it's too much. Forsett. He's already weak and we'll need to fully zombie out to make a difference, even if it makes him a zombie forever. He tells Addison he loves her he always has, then removes his z band. Now a monster, he's able to balance the tower just in time. Addison tries to reclip the Z band to his arm, but it says failed. They sing the well known song Someday, which is still the best song I think of the entire franchise, originally from Zombies one, forcing Addison to cry. The kids finally place the stones on the tower, causing an explosion that rocks everyone. Or I could say that rocks everyone. That's probably the better way to say it. Don't edit that out. That just sounded bad, and I want to keep it exactly like that. We get some more of that sweet Disney effects budget with a huge thunderstorm as the now connected stone shoot electricity back and forth, working as one, and then it begins to rain and everyone is ecstatic. The water has healed z and turned Commander Bright and the elders into happy people. Victor and Nova race to see the crops. The rain has caused all the new Blood fruit to bloom, and not just in the orchard, but all throughout the island. Was it ever mentioned that they needed rain.
Speaker 4: It's a one line ad and it's not in it, And all you had to do is say we have had crops in one hundred and fifty years because it hasn't rained. It's the easiest line.
Speaker 1: Ever ever, and they're now just like, oh my god, rain, were we trying to find rain? Okay, cause again it's just it gets convoluted. It's like there was never mentioned rain ever.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, but maybe this may I mean, we're not there yet, but maybe the water aspect is sort of it starts to be a part of what we have to look.
Speaker 3: Forward to in the future.
Speaker 1: Right, But there's maybe that giant waterfalls in the orchard.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true.
Speaker 1: Yes, So what's the point of the rain? Yeah, I don't. I also thought when you put them together, something was going to connect with the wind and fire and give them each one power. That was wind fire something No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: So but we know there's more. So maybe those things will come up in the future movies.
Speaker 1: Yep, we'll see. Well, if you think that too long, didn't read, you're in luck will explains it. All The vampires and day walkers kept their moonstarts apart for too long, and it caused the orchards to die, which it didn't. Maybe the orchards were apart, but the actual orchard was thriving. The pulse of the roots pain affected everyone. The island, the camp, and the orchard were built by their ancestors together to enjoy together. They decide that once a year they'll all come to the camp to meet up and bring balance to their orchard, and of course set up squels. Commander Bright and the elders now realize the future is in good hands. As everyone enjoys their blood fruit in the form of kebabs and cakes, we get our final big number, which is show the world. It's an all cast celebration about how the real goal of life is to be with friends and family, because then anything is possible, including really easily stealing moonstones. The Light and Dark have come together and it's time to dance, but that's not the end. We're now in a beautiful hilltop. The next morning, Zeded and Addison have decided to ditch their football and cheerleading camps to spend the summer back at home in Seabrook with those who love them no matter what, especially each other. We get another flashback proprize song with the two of them singing Ain't No Doubt about It originally from Zombies three, and each of them getting a tap dance solo. Then passionately kissing Sabrina's tap dancing hard. It seems like it'd be hard.
Speaker 2: It is very hard, That's what I figured.
Speaker 1: And then we get another ending. Victor and Nova are on the beach saying goodbye and promising to see each other soon, but as they leave, Nova can't take it. She runs back to him for a passionate embrace, mostly because he's eighteen and she's fifteen, so they can't kiss in this movie. And then big spoiler alert here, people, the hug is interrupted by a huge tornado coming from the bottom of the ocean, reaching high into the sky. It appears we have water monsters, shrimp pies on the horizon or mermaids, something we predicted at the end of the third one, and most likely the plot for Zombies five. They should call it Zombies five. This one will make sense. And that's our movie, all right. I've got the one star review. And again, this movie just came out, so we're getting reviews already. These are all new, hot off the presses.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Of course, our one star review is from Alicia V. I didn't like it much. It should have just been vampires. That was the whole point of the movie. Okay, well, interesting review. I don't agree it's one star at all. I had serious problems with some story points in this movie, but I didn't agree this was one star movie. Not at all, Sabrina, what do you got for five star?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm so excited I get the five star. This is from gene h. I loved it. Milo is a fanatic actor. And yes that is spelled wrong. It's not fantastic actor. It's a fanatic actor.
Speaker 1: I think she wants fantastic Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's okay. I agree he I am a fanatic fan of of the fantastic actor in which that is mine. Yea, He's amazing, amazing, they.
Speaker 1: Both are, and the new kids are great. I just had story problems. I didn't have actor problems. I had story problems. No, okay, Well, we're now coming, of course, to Sabrina's favorite portion of the program, which is a feature. It's our feature game by our producer Jensen, who loves to stump us. This one's called do you remember now? With Zombies four under our belts, it's time to test our knowledge and memory or lack thereof. We'll be given a song title. Oh, I don't know any of the songs.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is gonna be.
Speaker 1: All you, Sabrina. We'll be given a song title. We have to decide if we first heard it in zombies one, zombies two, zombies three, or cats. Higher number five out of seven gets us a win. I don't.
Speaker 4: There's also there's also possibility of zombies four, just so it's out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh oh, I know one of them. Oh I'm looking at the list. I too, I know what I know what is. So the number number one is call to the Wild. I have to imagine that is going to be about were wolves. So I'm gonna say that's from zombies two. Okay, wouldn't you think zombies to Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was the easiest.
Speaker 1: That was the easiest one. Well, no, because I know the next one because I made.
Speaker 2: Exception from zombies zombies.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I remember going like, wow, they're not even hiding this anymore.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have to talk about that when we do my Sabrias.
Speaker 1: Okay, number lush and three, flesh and Bone. That's got to be cats, you think, Yeah, I'm gonna say it zombies one.
Speaker 3: Okay, flesh and Bone.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stick with cats in Zombies.
Speaker 1: One, Yes, all right. Number four my own way.
Speaker 2: He talks to you in the chat.
Speaker 1: He doesn't, I swear not gonna give me these you kidding screen share? Screenshare? He wants us to lose? Are you kidding? Number four is my own way? Didn't wasn't that justin the one we just saw? Isn't she saying about how she she's got to go around?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think this is from Zombies.
Speaker 4: Four word Zombies four? So will is one away Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Tub Yeah, yeah, I'm four for four.
Speaker 1: For the record. Uh. Number five is we got this?
Speaker 4: Just for the record. I think I think this is where it gets kind of hard.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think okay, yeah, Uh for some reason? Is that that is that this the first song in the second movie with the cheerleaders we got this or like that? Remember that when they're doing the obstacle course that they oh is it that?
Speaker 1: Or was it that? Is it the aliens when they're when the aliens are doing the test and they're like doing every their the tests are amazing. Oh I'm gonna say Zombies three.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, you're right though, because that was something else that was called something a that was like something this.
Speaker 4: Never happened, something never happens. Will was wrong, and you followed him. It's zombies two?
Speaker 1: You were right?
Speaker 2: Was he right? Was it that song?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Number stand stand?
Speaker 2: Stand? Is this a real zombies or is this in cats? We haven't had one for cats.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm guessing number seven is going to be from cats, but I could be right. Number six stand? I think it's was it zombies one?
Speaker 2: Zombies one? Stand? I don't have a clue.
Speaker 1: I don't either. I'm going to guess zombies one, but I don't. I don't. I don't know if I'm right.
Speaker 4: You guys can additions in zombies one? Both?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Stand?
Speaker 2: Okay? This is a total flush and bone is actually zombies. It's a were wolf song?
Speaker 4: It was? Did I make a mistake?
Speaker 1: Did Jensen get one wrong?
Speaker 4: What number was? What number was flushing bone on the board? I have it as one?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, it does make sense. And that's what Will said. It's got to be the.
Speaker 4: I guess keep it in, keep it in. That means that they got it right.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay. And then number seven is the old grumpy cat, the old grumpy grumble counter.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing that drum by gumby.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we.
Speaker 4: Both your memories way better than Yes, a lot of them was.
Speaker 1: Total guesses on my part. Just for the record, can we do some Sabrina sees.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's short because you know, I just lived for this movie. I didn't care much about it. There are a few couple like a few things the little girl in the beginning, like you said, because I was expecting her to come into play at some point and she never did. And I think the only reason because then again when I watched it again and we were in the movie theater, that stuck with me a little bit like did I miss her? And then it was kind of like I think again because Freya was just so young looking, having a little little girl, and maybe that it kind of helped age her up a little bit and made it seem like, you know, she really could be, you know, the leader of the next leader of the town because she was really young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could be ready to.
Speaker 2: And then there's two times when we have a glimpse of what it just brought me. It was nostalgic for me and I out there have seen Cheetah three where the car crash scene is something that I remember filming that is like so Paul in the sense of he loves that kind of stuff. He had the best time being the one doing the camera in our car crash scene that we do. We are not a car crash, but we have like a crazy car scene that you'll see. And then the battle, the battle between the two. The two things, those were just nice fun things for me, and it was like nostalgic, yeah, like of working with Paul. I was just so excited that Paul has this fourth movie that's just awesome, and so that was just fun to like, and I talked to him about that on the Red carpet. He's like, I know, isn't that or whatever. So then the next thing was like the aggression that they had, even though obviously they're worried about someone new coming on, but in all reality, neither Addison or z looked like a day walker or a vampire in really any way. So the fact that they were ready to just like kill these people, I was like, Wow, this is violent, violent Violet Violet, and I really just died when then I'm skipping through so much more. The camp stuff was kind of like there was so many funny moments of how they were so positive that they could get these kids together, and every moment they were just kidding, like let's eat them, let's yell them, let's yell yeah. And I felt like that's when both of them really shined in a new light, like this like kind of humor light that we didn't I don't feel like we saw as much in the other movies. And then the last one was we haven't talked about it. This dad of Nova, we have to put him on the list. He's the worst, the worst of all. He's not the worst dad ever, but he's on the list because it's literally like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, you teeny tiny, fifteen year old, and I can't believe that I'm gonna I'm also gonna go. I'm gonna go, and you are gonna make all the right decisions, and then I cannot believe that you you stumbled a bit, You've kill them. But I'm also just not good yes, And I'm also just not gonna be here for any of it. I'm gonna come in at the last minute and then I'm gonna bark at you because you didn't do it right, and then I'm gonna go again it sounds fair. So he was a bad dad. And that's that's really it. All the other stuff I've said, and it's all stuff that I love. The tap dancing was such a amazing like fred Astaires, like Ginger Rogers, something I would dream to be able to have in a movie, and I was so happy for the two of them to be able to get that. Yes, tap is very difficult. They didn't do a totally crazy, difficult dance, but I thought it was like a really awesome little just a little sparkle for me that I thought was a great addition to the movie. Because I'm sure that was kind of thought after later loved it.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, it's time to rate. It's it's we're now coming to the point of our program where we're gonna rate. We're gonna do one out of ten this time because it's zombies and one's gonna be the worst and ten is gonna be the best for zombies. Our options this week we want to do one out of ten. Mconan knives one out of ten, not day just regular walkers, naturally, shiny insides one out of ten, missing cast member updates, schmores one out of ten half alien coach, Lombardes, apples with melted cheese, one out of ten, weird bird impressions or one out of ten kebabs and cakes. What would you like to do?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do one or one out of ten?
Speaker 4: What are the.
Speaker 1: Rules so you pick? You pick which ones you want?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do. I could we do just walkers, not Day, not Day, just regular rockers, just regular.
Speaker 1: So we'll pick not Day, just regular Walkers. I think it's I turned to go first this time. I had problems with this movie. I liked the movie again, Milo and Meg together awesome. I loved seeing the Core four. They were great. I think Passing the Torch was wonderful. I love the two new people that they cast. I didn't think the chemistry was as good as Milo and Meg, but that's a tough thing to tap right away. I can see them moving on. I had a ton of problems with the how convoluted the script was. A lot of it just didn't make any sense. It seemed like they were making some stuff up as they were going along. That that being said, I love the franchise. I you know, I don't remember much of the music, not you know the fact that we just won the game. Aside, I don't remember a lot of the music.
Speaker 2: But a lot of that music wasn't from the right righteah.
Speaker 1: So I just this was they go in order for me. As I said at the beginning, Zombies one is my favorite, Zombi's two was great, but not as good as the first one, and so on and so on. This was my least favorite of the four. I just thought the script is too convoluted. I'm very excited to see what they do in the future. I hope they add some rules, something to make some sense. But I'm gonna give this it's my lowest rating of all my zombies so far. I'm gonna give this a seven point five not.
Speaker 2: It's still not bad.
Speaker 1: It's not bad, not a bad movie. It is not a bad movie. It's again for kids for a musical. It's bright, there's dancing. She's gonna be a big star. He's already a Disney Channel star. I get all that. So I was in and I'm I like the franchise. I do. If this was standalone and it wasn't part of a franchise that I didn't already know and love, this would have been a much harsher score because there's it's not as light as the other movies. There isn't the tongue in cheapness about it. I missed kind of the buckiness of it. It was too much in the third one, but like the first two, he was kind of perfect. So yeah, I'm I'm I'm happy with a seven point five, not Day just regular Walkers. I think a lot of that is I'm giving it because of the franchise it's part of as opposed to just this movie itself. I had problems with this movie, but yeah, but I still love the franchise.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I to me. One of the things, especially the anticipation of passing the torch, right, this is something that's obviously going on with a couple of the franchise, the Cheetah Girls being one of them, of wanting to bring back that essence but not knowing where to go. How do you do a reboot? Like all that kind of stuff is is tough, It's not an easy thing to do. Very seldom does a reboot come out and people love it. So it's hard to figure out where that sweet spot is. And I was worried, like, how are they gonna do this. Who doesn't love Addison and Zed I know I do. I'm obsessed. It's been so long since I have fallen for like a couple like this in the movies, and that I just I'm obsessed with them. I can't imagine, you know, before seeing this, how they would ever not be in part of this franchise right or be the main character. With that being said, I think the way they did this was a great way to pass the torch and continue the franchise for the future. I didn't know if it could be done, and for me, this is the way to do it. And also knowing that Meg and Milo aren't gonna one hundred percent ever disappear. They're always going to be a part of it, and I think the fans will obviously always love that.
Speaker 3: But this was a really great way on how to do that passing of the torch. When you go to do what we're doing and you're dissecting it, of course, this is where we're gonna be. We're going to fight the flaws. That's what we're looking to do, right, that's the job.
Speaker 2: And even within that, it was still like because I just fell for these two characters and know their chemistry, the shoes they had to fill. I don't think they one hundred percent got there, but I could see the potential of them getting there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The more that within the next couple of movies they're great. The the talent, the cast of dancers within New Zealand was phenomenal. These these kids knew how to get it done. They were great on camera, they were vibrant. Again. I loved the new we didn't even talk about it, but the wardrobe that they all had, the differences, like, there was so many things that are true zombie that I thought this this this movie brought. But of course, yes, being such a big thing and taking us completely out of Seabrook, there was a lot of stuff to do, and I don't think they hit everything the way they've done it in the past.
Speaker 4: So I can we go on record for everyone's cut? So Will has one, two, three, four, Sabrina I have.
Speaker 2: For me, I have one, and I think I would have to do a tie between the second and the Werewolf and this one, and then the third would be my least, but I still love the third.
Speaker 4: I have two four three?
Speaker 2: Yeah really two first in one four three Okay, So anyway, but saying that I still loved it. I still I love the new characters. I can't wait to see where this is going. I hope to God that we get it sooner than three years from now. I'm going to give this a nine.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I know, I just love this franchise so much. I do. I'm ready to look past all that stuff. I just love you guys. Freya, You're a star. Can't wait to see what you do. I love you as Nova, I love Malachai, I love all mall. I love love every week, not day, just regular walkers for me.
Speaker 1: I love that. Okay, Well, thank you everybody for joining us as we wrap what we were hopefully not wrapping up the Zombies franchise, but at least wrapping up the ones. We're caught up for one franchise, which we've never been before, so that's kind of cool. And uh, we're going to be taking a little summer recap break, everybody, just a few weeks off from analyzing d cooms. But that doesn't mean you're going to be without new Magical rewinds. We have some incredible interviews lined up. They'll each be released on the dedicated Magical rewind feed for you and listen these heavy hitters we talked to. Next week we'll be chatting with a Zombies veteran Terry who better known as Aspen, one of the aliens from Zombies three. They beamed down to chat with us, and let's kick it all off with a little preview of what you're in for.
Speaker 5: I actually cut my hair for the role and I died it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I was the only one that died it, which you know, was really amazing and also had its own struggles because I had really dark hair obviously, so like the way that it stays and you know, stuff like that. But when it was good, it was good. Oh, it was really cool.
Speaker 2: Did you keep it? How long did you keep it? After filming where you were like, I'm diggin this kept it for a while.
Speaker 1: And then the week after that, we're sitting down with Brian Stepanic, Yes, a family TV legend, a prolific actor. You know him from the Sweet Life with Zach and Cody, Nick, Ricky, Dicky and Don, The Loud House and Young Sheldon. But most importantly for us, hatching Pete. Actually, even more importantly though maybe the most importantly, is one of the He is the esteemed host of the Disney Channel games. We got really in the weeds with him on this trust Me. We talked some Simon Says and what it was like to work with all these annoying little Brady kids that for Disney Channel kids. I'm kidding, I'm sure he loved it. And then after that we could probably just sleep, take it easy. But no, no, no, we're gonna be chatting with the duo we never expected on the podcast. It's Heidi and Heather Burge, the real basketball player Twins, whose life was the inspiration for the movie that nobody liked Double Team.
Speaker 2: Don't everyone lie, everyone but.
Speaker 1: Me, don't ever say that we don't live that dcom life. And then we'll be back with a new recap. So come hang out with us on the Magical Rewind feed for a one two three punch you're gonna love. All you have to do is search for Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe to our dedicated feed and for more info, you can follow us at Magical Rewind Pod on the Instagram Machine. Bye everybody, Ye