Speaker 1: We are in Lexington today for our first KSR golf scramble of the year. Shannon the Dude is with me here at the University Club. What's up, dude? Wow, it is a lovely day for golf.
Speaker 2: I mean, you couldn't draw it up any better than this, right, Wendy and rainy, So you guys are gonna get wet out there. I'm not gonna be playing, by the way. I'll be underneath of a tent staying dry. But you guys have fun out there slashing around in the water.
Speaker 1: Look, the show must go on, Shannon, and we're not gonna let a little rain, you know, flatten our parade, Shannon, or damper our spirits. But at the same time, you know it's lightning and thunder that's gonna be the issue, and that's coming around five o'clock today, so I think they're gonna send it off a little bit early so we can try to get as many holes in as possible. But look, you get I got the rain gear on. I'll see that. It's just got to be prepared in the elements here.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm kind of dressed like you, so I guess there's a novice golfer myself. I'm not too far off from the dress code.
Speaker 1: It looks like. Unfortunately I don't have the game to go along with it. That's the only problem. Well, you know, in a scramble, you don't even have to have the game. It's about being on a team. And you know, I want to tell you some of the keys to winning a golf scramble, Shannon. Can I tell you I got a great key? Okay, and it's not cheating.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say, just whatever number you hit, take like three strokes off that, and you're gonna win the scramble.
Speaker 1: No, no, No, That's what I'm saying is so many times people come in with these crazy scores, Shannon, So to to play in a real scramble and to win, Shannon, I've got a couple of keys for you. And the first is to have a female on your team. If you have a good female on your team, they can tee off from the forward teams, the tea's, the red teas. Yeah, and if they can drive the ball good, you have a distinct advantage almost over every single group because you're just going to be that much closer to the whole than everybody. Else. So do you like that first tip have a female on you? I do like that for me. You know, can I go out there and identify as a female and hit it from the female? That's a great question, Shannon. I mean, how does that work? Did you identify as a female for one day? Yeah, so you could get the better team just sand you know, you can always buy things like skirts at scrambles that allow men to tee off from.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I've never really understood that. Do I have to actually physically put on a skirt.
Speaker 1: Depends on the scramble. So like some scrambles, they'll have a skirt there that if you buy one, Yeah, you can put it on at the hole. At that hole.
Speaker 2: I think you should be required to put on the skirt. If you're gonna buy a quote unquote skirt when the lady's tea, you should have to wear a skirt.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. I think it's in the spirit of the game. The next thing you have to do to whin a golf scramble, Shannon, is you have to have a guinea pig. You have to have one person in your group that goes first, and they just they kind of show you the line Shannon. They you know, if you are going to try to figure out what's happening, you have one person that just goes up there and hits it and tries to give you an idea of what hackers. Now is that your best person in your group or your worst usually your worst Okay, So you usually want your best person to go last because they've seen the same putt or the same shot three times. Sometimes if you have somebody that hits the fair way first or second, that allows the best person to just swing away, you know what I mean, they can hit it as hard as possible. And I guess the final thing you're gonna have to have if you want to seriously contend to scramble is Mulligan's Shannon. At every single golf scramble, you have the opportunity to buy Mulligans, and I'm sure we have that opportunity here today, But you have to have some of those extra shots, Shannon, if you're gonna want to be serious.
Speaker 2: So what I'm hearing is basically, you can buy yourself to a championship if you buy enough Mulligans, if you buy enough skirts. That's the thing that's so whoever has the most money in their pocket. And I don't know if there's gonna be anybody with money in their pocket, if they've got to buy shots, because I hear there's alcohol like every hole nearly in the scramble. But you're telling me, though, whoever has the most money is likely to win the scramble.
Speaker 1: You can put yourself in a such a great position to win before the scramble even starts, shanning with with mulligans and skirts and maybe even a female on the team. But in the rain, I mean kind of all bets are off, right. I mean, sometimes they can really rattle some people, and hopefully we are able to get all eighteen holes in. But golf's just not my sport.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to hit the ball, then you got to chase the ball. Then when you track the ball down, and usually that's half the time when I'm playing golf, I'm just trying to find my ball. And then when I finally find it, like it's an Easter egg hunt, then you got to hit it again, and usually it goes into the woods again. So I'm more of a putt putt guy. You know, I can hit it and I can see exactly where it's going. And then just tap it in.
Speaker 1: Well generally, yeah, it seems like an asinine game, doesn't it. Let's hit this small white ball into these small holes, but also use a crooked stick to go through sand traps and waters and hazards. I actually love the sport so much, Shannon, I bought a handicap the other day. Do you know what that is? No? What is that? Okay? The USGA, the Golf Association, has a thing called a handicap, so you can have a number to tell you how good you are at golf. This allows you to enter tournaments like professional tournaments, and they can flight you correctly. But the goal I think of every golfer is to become a scratch golfer. That means you're a zero handicap. So, Shannon, I have bought a handicap. The last time I used it was twenty twenty three, and I am an eleven right now.
Speaker 2: So does that mean we give you eleven strokes on what it's like more or less?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not an exact science, but for the most part, I shoot about like maybe ten or eleven strokes over par every time.
Speaker 2: I play, so that kind of evens the playground. It's kind of like when you're betting, yes, exactly, like plus one hundred and ten.
Speaker 1: So if you're a scratch golfer and I'm an eleven, essentially, I think I have this right. You would give me eleven strokes? Okay, you know what I mean. So I've made it a goal, Shannon, in the next five years to become a scratch golfer. I've said some stupid, stupid things on the radio, and this may take the cake. Shannon. I have a golf coach, and over the next five years, I'm going to see if I can make it to become a scratch golfer.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, good luck, buddy. I hope that works out for you. Well know is it? You say you paid? How much are you paying? Here?
Speaker 1: What it's like forty bucks? Forty bucks a year to get the actual handicap. But the becoming a scratch golfer is a pipe tree.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna lose you to the PGA tour? Is that how the Kasar pre show in.
Speaker 1: I think I could get down to make a five, maybe a four, but to get down to a zero, it's gonna take a lot, a lot of work. But Shannon it's important to have long term goals. It's important to write down these goals and have a timeline. So Shannon and I'm I'm making a goal here to try to become a scratch golfer in five years. All right, Well, that's that's good. I'm happy for you. Good luck. My goal is to make it out of here and not be drunk. Looking at all.
Speaker 2: The sponsored holes on here. We got Silk Velvet, Whiskey who you've heard me talk about. They're going to be here, Bespoken Spirits, Whiskey, Thief, another sponsor of the show, will be here. We've got corn bread, Hemp of course, going to be here later on today as well.
Speaker 1: Those Seltzers.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they'll have some of those new THC Seltzers out there.
Speaker 1: Now, look, this is a score. You don't submit to the handicap when you're having the THHC Seltzers. It's alcohol on every on every hole that you know. It's not going to be an official round. Who else we have Country Boy Brewing will be here. Notice these are all alcohols speaking of which I don't know. I guess I can't say it today because it's not official yet. But I got some good news coming for Shannon. The Dude's brew very soon, our country boy, bring Let's see, can I find something on here that's not THC or alcohol? And oh yeah, okay, there's forty six solutions on here. Hey vision glass? Yeah ay, vision.
Speaker 2: Glass coming with causes a bunch of them on here, so we'll go throughout more of them as we go through the show today.
Speaker 1: Speaking of being drunk Shannon, the story of the Reverend fascinated me on KSR yesterday. I mean, the the Lexington Blue Roofer. We also had a former employee call in. I mean, we're talking about people doing psychedelics and working on a roof. We're talking about a boss making his employees reenact Wolf of Wall Street scenes. I mean, it was just it was an insane story. You guys were unraveling there yesterday. Yeah.
Speaker 2: As I pointed out yesterday, I don't think it's ever a good idea to combine roofing with psychedelics.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, you know, up on top of a roof, I think I can fly.
Speaker 2: You know, who would want to have psychedelics and be on the top of a roof. That was a really strange situation. I mean, imagine you sign up. You just want to be a roofer, right, just want to make some money and be a roofer, and you end up in a cult. That's what it sounds like was going on with this roofing company allegedly. I don't want to get in trouble. I know KSR has a history with a good getting sued by rufers, so allegedly and this is you know, in the an Harold Leaders. So it's not like we're you know, airing anything that's not already out there publicly. But that was quite a strange story if you're following that, that story in the Lexton Herolds.
Speaker 1: You're right to be careful about roofers though, I think we all all understand that. But you're You're exactly right. You're just trying to get you know, pay the bills, Shannon. I mean, you've got a family at home and this guy is asking you to do all these crazy things. A motivational meeting after after you get done with the roof maybe we should have some of those with you, Shannon.
Speaker 2: I don't think you need motivation to get up on there on that roof and just nail some shingles down, like do I really need a motivational speech for that. I'm not going out there in Game seven and trying to win a game. It's just it's just roofing.
Speaker 1: Well, don't you want to build camaraderie between your employees? Like?
Speaker 2: No, you know, I'm noticing something right now. Remember the guy that said you have to do these five things to.
Speaker 1: Be a man? Yeah? Remember that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or were you on that show? Maybe you weren't on that show. I was in Milwaukee, in Milwaukee. We were in Milwaukee. I don't know if you were on that show or not. I mean I listened to everyone. I mean, GM billy, Okay, I gotcha. Well, I just noticed you're doing one thing that or maybe two things actually right now that are not manly at all.
Speaker 1: Number one, you got your legs crossed. I got it. I mean, look, I mean, there's nothing wrong with a simple leg cross and one leg over the other. I've been doing it for years, Shannon. I mean, there's nothing to be ashamed about a little leg cross.
Speaker 2: And number two, and I guess I'm guilty of this as well. Drinking from a straw.
Speaker 1: Wait, that feminine is a drink from a straw.
Speaker 2: According to the guy's post that makes you a man. You can't drink from a straw and you can't sit with your legs crossed. So I'm just I'm just trying to you know.
Speaker 1: That's such a shame that I can't live.
Speaker 2: My life just trying to raise the testosterone or this show a little Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, but you never you never sit like this, Shannon. It's I mean, look, it's it's not even like one leg over the other. It's like one sideway. Shannon. It's not like I've I.
Speaker 2: Don't know you were there a minute ago. I think you adjusted it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh what a man can't get comfortable over here? I'm comfortable. Look at me. I mean, speaking of feminine things, I did my engagement photos yesterday, Shannon, Oh boy, you got you had to go do your engagement photos. Yeah, I didn't engagement. How awkward was that? On the scale of zero to really awkward? Eleven? Yeah, it was awkward. You know, I got a nice black suit. You know, I went and you know, we were talking about what I was gonna wear in it. You wear a suit like you're going to a funeral. I looked like a blues brother without the sunglasses or the hat. Yeah, I was looking good, Shannon, don't worry about me.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see him. Do we have a preview of maybe? Can you show me some picture? No, I got nothing for you right now. I don't believe you're I have to wait until they post. I think you've got some on your phone. You just won't show me.
Speaker 1: I have like a last minute, you know, take one photo in the sun as we're leaving.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me see that, all right. You don't have to post it out there. You can show me.
Speaker 1: This is like us looking into the sun. So it's not a great one. So this is really though, this is this is kind of the gist of what we looked. You got your eyes closed. Well, I told you we were looking into the sun. It wasn't the best photo for the professional photos. You're gonna have to wait a little bit to see it.
Speaker 2: But hot me tell you, Shannon, it was. I hope they're better than that picture you just showed me. I love her, I do, but otherwise I can't wait to see your engagement photos. Just awkward things I've ever had to do. Both of you with your eyes closed, up on your mantle. I've got a face for radio folks. So when you asked me to do a full on photo shoot in the Museum of Art in the in Cincinnati, I mean, luckily it was like really cool there, so like you can they can do a lot with the background to make us look a little better, Shannon. But I don't know if you've ever been in a situation you've gone to a J. C. Penny and done the photo shoot room or anything like that. Did you have a white shirt.
Speaker 1: On white shirt and then a black blazer?
Speaker 2: Okay, ahead, okay, all right, Well, you know you do this for her. You don't do this for yourself. No guy ever says, you know what I want to do. I want to go get engagement photos. No, this is one hundred percent for the fiance. Sounds like you were a good sport. So good on you for doing that. Yeah, and you know now that that's over, you don't have to worry about ever doing it again.
Speaker 1: But then you get wedding pictures. That's what I was trying to tell her. I was like, aren't we going to take these photos at the wedding now? And there She's like, no, We've got to get a photo for our save the date and things.
Speaker 2: Like, now we're any cheesy photos that they made you pose like with oh yeah, you know, flowers, petals falling from the sky on top of your head or anything.
Speaker 1: Well, no action shots, but like let's say this is a bench, like I'm gonna sit that facing that way, and she's sitting facing this way and you kind of like look back, you know, or like you know, very dramatic stuff across the aisle in a in a hallway or something like you should have just went to J. C. Penny and had them do the whole thing. Let me bring my cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can superimpose the cat up in the top right side like you you're thinking of the cat.
Speaker 1: No, it was much moogier than that, Shannon, so uh, I guess excited to share those photos with you. I called you last night to tell you a little bit about it and also to tell you a good night. Just you appreciate you. I did it. I did.
Speaker 2: I slept better because I had somebody to call me and tell me good night. I really do appreciate that, you know, it was it was sweet. I guess they have a friend.
Speaker 1: You said you said you had OBW picture day. Oh yeah, that's right. We had Picture Day too.
Speaker 2: You know, we had to get some new headshots for the website, and we did that, so.
Speaker 1: I was I was happy that. You know.
Speaker 2: Somebody pointed out the other day, like, how is the biggest hill in OBW not even listed on their website?
Speaker 1: What are they doing? I go, I don't know. I didn't even know I wasn't on the website.
Speaker 2: Somebody came up to me at the Lexington remote at Sugar Day's last Friday and goes, man, I just want to tell you love you and OBW, But how are they not going to have you on the website.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. You know, we had somebody text in that you were on the ww video game. They had like imported you as a character. But you can't even.
Speaker 2: Make the website. Yeah, well, I don't know. We got new we got new ownership. We're working on it over there.
Speaker 1: I think they need to realize who they got, Shannon, Maybe you need to do a little do you know who I am with these new I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I will point out that, you know, one of our owners ran the most successful website in the state of Kentucky for many many years before he sold it. Yet we can't get Shannon the dude on the website of the company that he owns.
Speaker 1: That's a sort of ironic. Oh, we got to get that fixed now. And we know we know about the stories of OVW at Golf Scrambles, the Famous Wrestlers Netflix documentary, and I.
Speaker 2: Believe they're going to be here again today at ks Bar and OVW whole sixteen.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Maybe somebody could get a chop Shannon. I mean, I remember in the past, who's the wrestler that gives out the chops.
Speaker 2: Well, it's cash flow flow. But you know, he's busy doing Tulsa King. Now he's hanging out with the vester stallone. He doesn't have time for us little people anymore. Here's my thought. You know, we got Ryan here, we got OVW here, and we got some really big puddles out there.
Speaker 1: Oh no, So if you.
Speaker 2: Know, if you're picking up when I'm putting down, I'm just saying, it would be a great time to maybe toss Ryan into a puddle again.
Speaker 1: He really seems to be upset when that gets brought up, so I hate for that to happen again. But somebody might be throwing in a puddle today. It's just that kind of weather day here at the Lexington Golf strand we'll here at the University Club where we've got two different courses, Shannon. So we've got over forty teams ready to go in this one.
Speaker 2: So you know, as if golf wasn't tough enough, now you've got like ponds of water just out in the middle of the fairway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now you have more water to get all that. That means your ball doesn't roll either, but it also means it's a little easier to hit those gleans greens.
Speaker 2: Kind of hold the green a little bit. Let me ask you a fair or foul. Let's say I hit one and it lands right in a big puddle. Yeah, I know it's a scramble, but let's just say that's the best ball. Can I pick that ball up and move it outside of the puddle or do I have to hit it in the puddle?
Speaker 1: You can move it in a scramble for the most party. You usually have a club length to move it to wherever you want where the ball was sitting. Gotcha, and look, give yourself a good lie, like, stop beating yourself up. This is not the PGA tour, folks, Okay, you want to if yourself hold on a man.
Speaker 2: If this is a scramble of integrity, I don't want any cheating. I don't want any picking up the putts.
Speaker 1: No. No, in a scramble, you can give yourself a good lie that is not frowned upon you giving yourself the best opportunity.
Speaker 2: So if I hit one in the woods, it's perfectly fine to kick it out in the middle of the fairway myself a good line.
Speaker 1: It is not Donald Trump, oh it's And it's not picking up Maatt Jones either. You gotta you gotta finish the hole, Shannon.
Speaker 2: If I hit one through a window of someone's howel so I can go into their bedroom and throw it back out the window and give myself a good lie.
Speaker 1: No, but it's funny. I have golf balls that have my name on it. It's like, you know, if you find this follow at Billy r Sports, Oh.
Speaker 2: My, if you you literally put your Twitter tag your Twitter.
Speaker 1: Christmas gift, thank you. But I thought it was a great idea until I sliced one into the residential area. Uh huh, now they're gonna I was like, wait, now it's just proof of who hit them. Instead of a funny Oh we found Billy's ball. Now it's somebody broke my window. Who is Billy r Sports.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take some of those golf balls and I'm gonna hit them in the backyard.
Speaker 1: I can find it. No, No, that way you'll have a lot of people to block on Twitter. A five nine two O two two eight seven A big UK baseball game. Later today they will start in the Clemson Regional in the NCAA tournament. We'll talk about that and much more coming up next here on the KSI Apprecia. There's also a full like putting and chipping green inside there as well, so it's really nice. One are those There's got like the UK logo on it, big circle? Yeah, what is that? Yeah? That's just a target. So it's a target hitting out of the bay. You can work on where you can land the ball. I'd prefer you to just stand out there. Yeah, I want her to get target. I would hit it. Don't worry, it's a no chance. One person says, I'm gonna get Jennifer Lawrence's phone number and have a child with her before I become a scratch golfer. In five year Shaitang. I believe in you, billy. You can do it. Man, you got this. I don't even know if I believe in myself. Well, if you don't believe in yourself, nobody's going You gotta have dreams. And a dream that our my co host San and the Dude has had for a long time is to be the lead singer of a rock band. And his new single came out today, Isn't that right? That's right? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bent is out on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon, everywhere you can stream music.
Speaker 1: It's out there. So uh.
Speaker 2: This is another one of those songs that we recorded during the same session, is when we recorded Helios, and it's a song we've been sitting on for a long time. We've decided to dust it off and put it out there and let people hear it. So you know, I'm proud of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was gonna ask you, like, how do you personally feel about it? I mean yeah, I mean I think you're not gonna put out something bad. At the same time, everything's a little.
Speaker 2: Different, yeah, And a lot of that then falls into the hands of your producer too, who you have to trust. So Daniel Rucker, who used to work with his iHeartRadio now has his own recording studio. He had one in Louisville. He's now he's big time. He moved to Nashville now, so he's down there recording all the country music bands and artists. But yeah, we've got those two out now, and we will hopefully at some point get back in the studio soon and record more.
Speaker 1: So, good man, I'm excited for you. I haven't heard it on iTunes yet, but I believe you said you played it when you opened up for Third Eyed.
Speaker 2: Blind, right, that was the one song that when I came off the stage, you go, man, I really liked that song bent, So I was like, okay, well, you know, and everybody seemed to really react well to it when we played it. So we decided to take a little right hand turn and release that one instead of another song we were going to do. So it's out there for anybody wants to listen to it.
Speaker 1: All right, check it out eight five nine two two eight seven. Shannon Uh, you can bet on Draft Kings the Knicks Pacer series because there will be at least one more game after the Knicks one last Nimes.
Speaker 2: That's right, NBA Finals are almost here. Every second counts with DraftKings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NBA. You're not just watching history, Billy, You're betting on it with DraftKings. And if you sign up as a new customer throwing the promo code KSR, bet five dollars. If your first bet hit, you're gonna get three hundred dollars in bonus bets. It's all on DraftKings with promo code KSR. If you have a gambling problem called one hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only, eligibility restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. It's for additional terms and responsible gaming resources to the DKNG dot co slash audio. I thought last night that the Pacers were going to come back again. You know, we've seen them come back from twenty points, yeah, a couple of different times. And what that one game, I guess they were down seven with two and a half minutes and came back. They cut it down to twelve, and I was like, all right, here we go. But they never did pull off the comeback. So we're on the game.
Speaker 1: Now, a little suffocating defense ye from the Knicks yesterday as Halliburton played thirty two minutes, only scored about eight points. So that was a guy that had a triple double in the first half. Uh in the last game so before that, uh so good defense by the Knicks. But just get to game seven, Shan, you know what I mean? If we get a game seven in the garden. Yeah, those two teams. Kylie Jenner was there last night. You think maybe that was the good luck charm we get Kylie Jenner. If you're a Knicks fan to go to the Indiana game on New York Salome, Yeah, so I think I think you got to right mm hmm there to get you know, making out on the front row of the next game on TV. It's like me at the Art Museum yesterday, Shane, and I'm like, and they're like, okay, go ahead and kiss. We're gonna take some photos like force and kisses on me. It's it's awkward. There's no doubt. I can't wait to see the entire set. It's not that great, shaneon. I mean, come on, you didn't have like prom photos or anything like that. Back Oh yeah, yeah, I tried to. I think I burnt them and you got to like put the I don't know, the little thing on their on their dress. What's it called? Uh, bootineer, something like carssage, carssage, crochet something not carsage. Well, I mean like it's a whole thing. You know what I'm talking about. You went to PROM, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a cressage. All right, Great, I don't know what I'm talking.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I can't cross my around. Shannon, dude. It's been a long time since PROM. I gotta watch myself. I guess it is old man Shannon the dude here. It's been thirty years since then. Eight five nine two ah two two eight seven. We're gonna break down the Clemson Regional and UK Baseball and an exciting game tonight if they get it in with some weather on the way over there, howadi.
Speaker 2: Folks, everybody's looking at us. I'm just just waving everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh, two two eight seven. Other place that's going to be experiencing some weather is down in Clemson, where Kentucky Baseball will be taking on West Virginia at noon later today hopefully, so that means an eleven forty five free game start, Shannon. It's been a while since the Cats have been in the NCAA tournament and on the road. I think I believe it's since twenty fourteen. The last time that they did that, they went to Louisville. How are you feeling going into this one? I mean, you know, this is a Kentucky team that lost their last four game, Shannon, But.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think that really means anything going into this series. Here in the tournament, it is double elimination, so that's good, and you got plenty of rest. My hope is that Kentucky can get a lead early in the game and keep their starting pitcher in for as long as possible. Yeah, Like, you know, let's not turn things over to the bullpen because that hasn't worked out too well for us lately. So I'm trying to stretch my starter as long as I can.
Speaker 1: Well, looking at some numbers, I've seen some sites say that Kentucky has the second best odds to win the regional even as the three seed, and also they voted Kentucky starting pitchers. I think the three starting pitchers as the best starting pitchers holding teams to under I think two to fifty batting average. So Nick McKay, Ben Cleaver, these guys have been doing a great job throwing six to seven inning Shannon, but that bullpen is what's got to hold up. Yep.
Speaker 2: The good thing is too though, this Kentucky team is battletep. When you're playing in the SEC, you're playing against top twenty five caliber teams every single time. So you know, don't be in the only SEC team in their their pod. I think is very beneficial for them. And also good luck to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. The first time in the NCAA tournament in sixteen years. They are in the Old Miss Regional and they will take on Georgia.
Speaker 1: Tech later today. I'll be pulling for your Hilltoppers too, just for you me too. So double elimination, so you know there will be a game tomorrow. But let's hope Nick Mejione and this team can go on another run and uh maybe make it to another super regional.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, if you're trying to be optimistic about the whole thing, you can look at again going back to the Vanderbilt series. You just had the number one overall seed, which is Vanderbilt in this tournament on the ropes. All three games could have very easily swept the best team in college baseball, but they didn't again because the bullpen issues. But again though you had you had them on the ropes, you had an opportunity and you could have.
Speaker 1: Been swept by this fan team, which you were and been fine with it. But it felt like it was deflating just because you led in all these games. It was so close, So best deluctive, Nickmanjione and the team. This weekend, let's talk a little college football, Shannon, and there were some news yesterday that the Hall of Fame is going to be lowering their win percentage benchmark so that Mike Leach can make the College Football Hall of Fame. I want to get your thoughts on this. I mean, look the the what the benchmark was sixty percent winning percentage you had to have as a coach to be able to be eligible for the College Football Hall of Fame. Mike Leach was one hundred and fifty eight and one hundred and six, so a winning percentage of fifty nine point eight percent. I guess the Hall of Fame is lowering it to fifty eight point five so Mike Leach can be inducted. Do you think this is you know, we're bending the rules so anybody can get in, or do you think this is a nice gesture for one of the sport's biggest characters.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it can be a little bit of both. It is a nice gesture, but does it make it right? I mean, we have that number at sixty percent for a reason, So if you're going to lower it to fifty nine point five, why don't you just take numbers out to begin with and just say we can put in whoever we feel like is Hall of Fame worthy.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess my argument would be, why is sixty percent the number? I don't know, Like, why it is the number that that's you're a good football? That's the rule though, So I just disagree, like the people can have a lower winning percentage but mean a lot to the sport. K.
Speaker 2: So then I would say to you, then, why have any bottom line number at all?
Speaker 1: I don't think we should.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's fine if you believe that, but I don't know that you know we're going to lower it down to fifty nine and a half just because the guy you know passed away and is no longer able to coach anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know, man, it didn't seem like you like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it really because if the number sixty, then the number sixty you shouldn't be able to change that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now again, I would say, why is it sixty? Why not just have no numbers involved and say we'll just look at his overall record. If we feel like he's a Hall of Famer, we'll put him in the Hall of Fame. I would rather have that as the role to begin with it. Since it's sixty, I feel like, if it's sixty, it's sixty. It shouldn't be fifty nine point nine. It should be sixty.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you this then. I mean I had I believe it professor in college, and I got an eighty nine point eight and I think I still got an A. Oh you sound like a B student to me. So no grace, like no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Like, because that's okay. But if there's grace, then what's the point of ever putting a number.
Speaker 1: In to agree with that? Like? I don't like the arbitrary numbers.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't like it either, But since it is what it is, don't you have to honor that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm you know, we're going to honor the number.
Speaker 2: Of sixty percent, sixty winning sixty percent winning percentage, well, you know, versus lowering it down to fifty nine and a half just because we'd like the guy to be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Do feelings change after somebody passes? Of course? I mean, look what happened to Pete Rose. Yeah, and now Mike Leach. I think everybody loved Mike, but like this, I love Mike Lee.
Speaker 2: I love Mike Leach. I think he's a Hall of Famer, but by the numbers he's not. But now we're going to change that make it make sure he is. I don't know, I don't like.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with it. I think Shannon's a stickler for the rules here, but I don't have any rule. It's like a stupid rule. Yeah, this is kind of where I land on it.
Speaker 2: I would say, just remove fifty nine and a half percent, Just remove all of it. There's no bottom line percentage.
Speaker 1: At two seasons at UK, Leach set six NCAA records, forty one SEC records, and one hundred and sixteen school records in twenty two games. He was twelve and ten.
Speaker 2: So what happens when the next quote unquote Hall of Fame guy comes along and he's got and he's you know, he's fifty nine point four.
Speaker 1: Well, was he a good guy? Like?
Speaker 2: Was he a good guy? He's a funny guy? Yeah, I guess so now we will lower it down to fifty nine even. Yeah, Now requirement is that you're a funny guy. Yeah, to make the college football So it sounds like you initially didn't agree with me. Now you're kind of coming over to my side.
Speaker 1: A little bit. No, I can mock the argument but also think it's such a stupid rule that it should not exist. And that's kind of where I land on it now. So it put Mike in the hall. I mean, make it the pirate rule too, you know what I mean? Like, let's just have fun with him. Why do we have to be gatekeepers all the time? I don't know we are gatekeepers when it comes to the NCAA tournament. Because there is news that this could be expanding as early as twenty twenty six from sixty eight teams to what is it shannon seventy seventy two? Yeah, seventy two.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing like, I'm against, you know, expanding the tournament because I feel like if you keep expanding the tournament, then it waters down what it means to even make the NC DOUBLEA tournament. If we're eventually going to let one hundred and twenty teams into this tournament, then what does it really mean on a coach's resume when it says he's been to twenty straight NC DOUBLEA tournaments. Yeah, because they're letting half the teams in. So I think at some point you have to cut it off. If we're going to go to seventy two, Okay, I guess I could be talked into having playing games at noon, a couple extra playing on a Tuesday and Wednesday. I mean, you know, more basketball normally isn't a bad thing, right, But at some point you have to cut it off. And they keep going, you know, sixty fourth though, sixty eight, now seventy two, ninety six, you know where are we gonna cut it off at?
Speaker 1: So we know it's all about money right there. Networks are gonna try to get it in, so then let everybody play in the tournament. You know, you make a lot of money. This move isn't the end all be all for me. I mean, like you said, just a couple more playing games. Look, are a couple extra bad team's gonna get in. Probably a bad North Carolina team got in this last year. Probably a bad Indiana team gets in. YEP, with the extent, but.
Speaker 2: There's always going to be a seventy third, seventy four team that doesn't make it that's going to cry and say, we got jobbed. The selection committee didn't like us. Why is that ad on the committee? You're always going to have that conversation no matter what the number is. That and in the college football playoff too, we've seen that argument a lot. Now let me ask you this in what do you think is the highest seed that's ever won a national title in college basketball?
Speaker 1: Or was there like a nine seed, but one not quite that high? It was eight eight? It was Villanova. Okay, I thought, yeah, that actually wanted. You know, we've seen double digit seeds make the final four, but you never win the tournament. Villanova in nineteen eighty five. So like when we get some more mediocre power four teams to join the NCAA tournament, like you know, we're just muddy in the water even more Shanny, you know what I mean, Like it's I mean, I mean.
Speaker 2: If if the games are so insignificant that you don't even pick the games on your bracket count your office bracket pool, then again it's just some money.
Speaker 1: You're out. But there's always one, right, there's always one one of those playing teams that makes the round to thirty two if it's always seen And how is that? You know?
Speaker 2: One of the great things about the first round is the upset. So well, how do you have an upset when you have two eleven seeds playing each other? Yeah, they're both equal, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it is probably one of the greatest things in sports and in the NCAA tournament. And that's why I don't want to screw with it.
Speaker 2: Like you got a great thing going n C DOUBLEA, don't mess with it. The SEC is already trying to leave in football.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and it's expanded over the years, so it wasn't always this number. But it is an interesting question if the field of sixty eight will have to change their name, probably so well, I think they should just stay a field of sixty eight. We're not acknowledging the other four play in Oh wow? Not acknowledged. No, I kind of like that. Here's another some news when it comes to sports in the SEC. Shan and Greg Sankee announced that all court and field stormings will now be a five hundred K fine every time, So no more scale of one hundred k, two hundred and fifty k, five hundred k half a MILLI every time you guys rush the court.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something. Do you think that that's gonna change anybody's minds? Those students aren't paying five hundred thousand dollars? Do you think they care? Like when Vandy beat Alabama and football, you think the Vanderbilt students are gonna go, oh, well, we're gonna get fun five hundred thousand dollars. We better stay in our seats. No, it's not gonna change anything. They can find them a million dollars if they want to.
Speaker 1: What do they care? Well, look like Vandy beating Alabama for the first time in sixty years, lifetime situation. You're not gonna stop the mask. It's worth five hundred k, exactly, it is worth the five hundred k. But like you know, Clemson doing it for the third time that year. I mean, that's out of the SEC so in a bad example.
Speaker 2: But you know, at some point your fan base has to be self aware to realize, like, okay.
Speaker 1: And in the nil era, you can say, hey, this half a million dollars would be much more productive if it goes here instead of you guys rushing.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing like it won't you know aff that Kentucky at all, especially in the basketball side. Now, I guess if Kentucky football were to beat Bama at home, yeah, fans would probably run out the field, right, But on the basketball side, you're fine, You're never because Kentucky fans are never going to rush the court, right.
Speaker 1: Football different basketball, And the best memories over the last decade of Kentucky football have been some field storming games.
Speaker 2: So really, really, you're punishing the bad teams, right who probably lock an I owe money to begin with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're hitting them in the wallet even harder. Now, there is a distinction. I think if you're able to get all the referees and the coaches off the court before the students storm, yeah, but it's it's an in the moment thing exact.
Speaker 2: Nobody goes all right, held on, yeah, thirty seconds before we get the rush of the court.
Speaker 1: All the excitement's kind of gone. Then I hope Kentucky football's in a position where there might be a court storming or a field storming, just to see how Mitch Barnhart would react, right, just to see him losing. Nothing you can do about realizing that five hundred thousand dollars could be going down the drain. Now, speaking of Kentucky football, we got some kickoff times, Shannon. When it comes to the start of the year, and in the first three games, you're gonna get a little bit of it all, Shannon. So the first game of the year versus Toledo, I believe, is a twelve forty five start. You have the game versus Old miss is a three thirty start, and then Eastern Michigan is seven thirty, all at Kroger Field. Yep. What game time do you like the most, Shannon, The three three thirty, three thirty on ABC. YEP.
Speaker 2: Because that way you got you know, it's not too early and you still got the rest of your day or the rest of your night after the game's over, versus you know, having to get up and be there. You're going to a game at twelve thirty, you're tailgating at what nine o'clock?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think to a degree, though I like the twelve to forty five start time for Kentucky versus Toledo, just so they're not like sitting around all day, you know what I mean. I mean, I think anticipation and nerves is gonna be high for this first game, especially against a mid major opponent like Toledo who has beatn some good teams in the past.
Speaker 2: So I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm tired of hearing about Toledo and how good they are. If we can't beat Toledo, we got bigger problems. It's gonna be a long season if you can't beat Toledo.
Speaker 1: Do you think the fan base is checked out by the time that Eastern Michigan game comes around if they lose to Toledo, Yeah? Yeah, and then an old miss team that's looking for revenge after you basically knocked him out of the playoff last year.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying, if you lose that first game, you're looking at a three or four season. Yeah, long year, because if you can't beat Toledo, can you beat Vandy? I mean they say every year, oh, Vandy's a when they've lost the last two years, right, Yeah, is Diego Pavia back for me?
Speaker 1: I think he is. Yeah, I think he is. So. I mean he's gonna be a a dad or a granddad.
Speaker 2: But they can't really say much. Zach Calazada is a seven year that senior, that's true. I shot a couple of our own ass man out.
Speaker 1: There's a bizarre on any eligibility left, Shannon, No, no, I don't think so. I used it all at Lindsey Wilson and beller Man. I think I used it all. Yeah, all right, eight two two, eight seven. We need to take a break. We'll be right back much more on the way here on the KSR pre showcase. It's gonna be a long day, especially here at these KSR scrambled But.
Speaker 2: I'm over on hole eighteen on the Big Blue Course, but I think I'm gonna have to maybe make it over to hole nine on the Wildcat Course, Billy, because that's where silk velvet whiskey's hanging out, right, that's right, And you can get some silk velvet whiskey first crafted back in eighteen eighty and Hittererson Kentucky brought back by the Hargus family over a century later, hand selected single barrels and each bottle comes from a unique barrel personally selected by the team for its it's rich character in standout flavor, and you get Jacob called the award winning distiller, actually has a distillery right there in beaver Dam, Kentucky, the second largest one hundred percent independent distillery in Kentucky, and you can get it in liquor stores near us.
Speaker 1: Silk Velvet Whiskey a.
Speaker 2: Very very high quality bourbon we're talking about here, Billy. This is good stuff and you can get it here at the Scramble today for those of you who are coming out and just follow them on social media as well. They've got links as to where you can find it in a store near you. It's Silk Velvet Whiskey and online at Silk Velvet Whiskey dot com, Smooth the Silk and Riches Velvet.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited to try it today after hearing you talk about it over the last couple months or so. Well, I know you're threshold for alcohol, so listen, I got foighteen holes together, right. You're not gonna make it the eighteen holes if you're if you're partaking in every one. Yeah, everybody be careful getting home today because you know you want to buckle up, put your phone down, but also you do not want to drink and drive.
Speaker 2: Maybe mix in some wild eggs with your mimosas to wild eggs here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wild eggs on hoay fantastic and they're gonna give me two mimosas they're not one. So I did want to shout out Tony Cruz. It's his last day on a forty whas he signed off, I listened a little bit of him talking to Van Vance and Paul Rodgers and the end of an era. Tony's a great guy, so I want to wish him the best of luck and what is whatever is next? And I got nick Coffee starts the Grind next Monday from five to nine.
Speaker 2: Shito, Well, what we talked about it, Well, Thomas, he had to wake up every morning three.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking three three thirty at least, because you got to like get up and wake up a little. Oh yeah, you can't just roll out of bed and do a job like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I definitely want to say congratulations to Tony Cruz on a great career.
Speaker 1: Twenty one years. He did that, that right, twenty one years and.
Speaker 2: I believe he's only uh one of three people who has hosted a morning show on WHA s right, so Nick will be four. And big congratulations to Nick Coffee as well. That's it's a big spot there for.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm really happy for him. I was like, you do realize that you're gonna have to talk more than Louisville sports, you know what. He's got that quality though. He can talk to a wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, there's like, you know me, I need you to bounce things off of right, I don't know if I could sit here and just look at the selling and talk to myself out loud for an hour. Now, he's gonna get coffee is one of those guys that can do that. I mean, he's hosted his own show for three hours by himself. Yeah, so you know, he's definitely the right guy for the job. So congrats to uh both Tony Cruiseandy Coffee.
Speaker 1: Shannon. Tell me if you'd buy this. Sidney Sweeney is a very popular actress right now, maybe one of the hottest actresses in the world. And that's not subjective, that's just her doing a lot of great things. She's selling bars of soap with a drop of her bath water in each bar of soap. I saw this, Yeah, in the sick age that we live in today, that it will sell out in a matter of minutes. Sure, but Shannon, would you ever buy a soap bar from somebody's bath water? No? No, I would not. First of all, how do we know that that was really from her bath?
Speaker 2: We don't know that we Second of all, I'm not gonna buy soap from somebody's bath.
Speaker 1: I don't care who you are. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: She's sick individual gem Are you gonna get Are you gonna buy a bar of soap?
Speaker 1: No? But you know, yeah, you know, Jennifer Lawrence wants to do the same, And I'm sorry. I don't care who it is.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make it worth anymore to me because it was part of their bath.
Speaker 1: To me, it's still a bar of soap. I don't care. Okay, all right, Well, I guess you're not fond of Sidney Sweeney enough that I'm fond of her. I'm just not under or soap. Did that seem Bleszarre? Are we gonna get celebrities selling soaps? With their bath as long.
Speaker 2: As there's an idiot that will buy it, of course, Oh there's plenty. I'm gonna be selling my soap next week too. It's gonna have drops from my shower on it.
Speaker 1: I'm not buying that soap. Nobody's buying that, so I'm sure somebody will. Maybe the lady's a KSR might buy a little Shannon the dude bath water. Tell me about DraftKings where we had to promo code KSR for new customers. Bet five dollars.
Speaker 2: If your first bet Hitch, You're gonna get three hundred dollars in bonus bets. How about that you could bet on the Knicks, Pacers, MLB, NHL playoffs. It's all there for you. Promo code KSR. Bet five, get three hundred dollars in bonus bets only on DraftKings. The crown is yours all right.
Speaker 1: Reminder, UK Baseball pregame starts at eleven forty five, so Sports Talk seven ninety and six thirty WLAP will be switching off of KSR. So the Summerset Station twelve forty is where you'd like to go if you'd like to listen to the final fifteen minutes of KSR, but excited for the Cats today they take on West Virginia. Shannon, I'm excited for this golf scramble. It looks I could stop raining. Maybe a little knock on, knock on some wood. Please, We're gonna have a great time here at the University Club. Come hang out with us if you'd like to. We've got all these prizes as well, hopefully prize. Do we know what the grand prize is. We gotta get the title belt. Some bourbon baskets back there. But you know, so they've had some things in the past that, uh, they might suit somebody's fancy