Speaker 1: Testing. I'm one two three testing the sound machine. Love you, you honor me, You honor me, you honor me. What you're trying to get into one day or shown what you're trying to do. Well, you look very cute. This this, this, You look like a memoji of yourself.
Speaker 2: You look like you look you look like uh uh Velma from Scooby Doo.
Speaker 3: I'll take it lesbian icon.
Speaker 2: Icon Delma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Joel, you should make your memoji have this fit on with these classes.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna work.
Speaker 1: It because you know you got to, says I made a memoji of Donald and I often use.
Speaker 2: It in It's not nice. It's not nice. It's exactly like you. The head, the hairline is like back here.
Speaker 1: Well, let me show you, guys and see if you agree that it's good.
Speaker 2: He gave me to George to.
Speaker 1: Show you my memojis.
Speaker 3: He just dropped in the group chat.
Speaker 2: I got notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, second before you get.
Speaker 2: No, but I was watching that show on Holy Ship. I got notes. You need to hold it together. You need to hold it together and stop talking about them damn emojis, and let's get into this. Kate Blenchett Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, holy we should get in preamble before we get into the guests. It's an excellent show, and I think it's probably the most underrated show of last year.
Speaker 2: I thought, sure, you guys watch it.
Speaker 1: By the way, disclaimer you're talking about disclaimer? Why an't you watched it? You're our producer.
Speaker 3: There's so so sorry, so much do you have to watch for work?
Speaker 1: You're spending too much time with Zoey Deschanel on the other.
Speaker 3: My goodness, listen.
Speaker 2: We can we can.
Speaker 1: I ask a question right off the bat.
Speaker 4: I always ask a question forever.
Speaker 2: Stop talking about your willies?
Speaker 1: Donald, Why is this basketball trade such a big deal? I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 2: But is how you got to look at it. This is how you got to look at it. This is how you about Lebron. I mean, sorry, a D for Luca or Luka Doncik for a D is like if so if the Dallas Mavericks traded for all of those who have no idea what we're talking about, the Dallas Mavericks traded Luka Doncik to the Lakers for Anthony Davis and some other picks and some other stuff. Right that is the equivalent of that is the equivalent of Destiny's Child trading Beyonce to t LC for Chili.
Speaker 1: I saw that online.
Speaker 3: It's a good one, though.
Speaker 1: Don't act like you made that up. I saw that online.
Speaker 2: I didn't make it up. But that's what it's like. That is exactly Why.
Speaker 1: Did they do it to someone who knows nothing about that?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I all I know is Dallas has lost their fucking mind.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts? You're a basketball follower.
Speaker 5: I think Donald is more than I do at this point, but I agree that, Like you know, I think Cubes left, Mark Cuban stopped, you know, being a part of that organization.
Speaker 2: He just he just gave away sah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. He's not making the decisions anymore. But like in twenty twenty, he was like, I would sooner divorce my wife than trade Luka Doncic.
Speaker 2: So like, yo, I don't understand. I don't. I don't understand what their GM or their vice president of basketball operations was thinking. He traded a twenty five year old future of the like literally, Luca Wein be team yeah, Luca.
Speaker 3: Win Bin Yama burial for him.
Speaker 4: Outside of the stadium the following day, they're so distressed.
Speaker 1: Dude, Wait, there must be a secret reason, Like there must be something there.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a bunch of there's a bunch of like conspiracy theories in some states, and some say Luca's an alcoholics. Some say they're trying to get a casino going in Dallas, and uh uh and people aren't you know, down with that, and so they're trying to show these people that will do whatever we can to get this casino thing going. Like there's a bunch of conspiracies. Okay, what I personally believe. I believe that this dude's a moron, No disrespect my friend.
Speaker 1: I don't know you who's a moron?
Speaker 2: The trader guy, the dude who traded Luka Doncik doesn't either he doesn't know basketball or.
Speaker 1: He doesn't he would probably know basketball.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily. Some people make moves all on feeling and stuff like that. They were claiming that Luca was out of shape and stuff and they had to pay him something like three hundred and twenty million dollars in the next couple of years and they didn't want to have to do that.
Speaker 1: My next basketball question for those of us who don't follow basketball, is what is going on with Lebron's son? He is in the NBA and not doing that well. Is that what's happening.
Speaker 2: He's just not ready yet. That's all. I think. Bronnie James is going to be a really good basketball player. He's showing flashes of it called.
Speaker 1: Shade in her window.
Speaker 4: Well conversation before, I remember, somebody's saying, of course he's going to be the greatest.
Speaker 3: He's Lebron James. Soon he'll be excellent.
Speaker 2: I said that, and I still believe that. I believe that he will be a very good player. Right now, he's learning the ropes. I think he got into the league a little too early.
Speaker 1: Early because his dad wanted to play with him.
Speaker 2: Is that the vibe that might be part of it? I mean, nepotism does play a big part in this.
Speaker 1: Part of it.
Speaker 2: Donald, it does play.
Speaker 3: You are so kind that.
Speaker 2: Donald, Donald, Donald does don't. But I believe, I believe, I believe that this kid in a couple of years will be very good and everybody will be uh swallowing their words. He's already showing. He's already showing flashes of brilliance in the g League, which is a good sign because usually, you know, if you can't make it in the G League, you're not going to make it in the NBA.
Speaker 1: What's the G League.
Speaker 2: It's like the minor leagues for the NBA.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know the NBC. I didn't even know the NBA had minor.
Speaker 3: Leagues that those games, they're pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who goes to the G League game? Quite a few people. He actually sells out the G League. He actually sells out when he plays in the G League. People want to drain threes. He can drain threes, he can dunk, he's a good passer. He doesn't turn the ball over that much in the G League. In the NBA, it's a little different. They're all a little bit. You know, everybody's great in the NBA. Uh not, everybody's great in the GRAVE. I mean everybody travels.
Speaker 1: And everybody travels right in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Now, so the Riots don't really.
Speaker 1: Sorry, this is one more I don't know the NBA that well question. It seems to me, from what I understand of traveling, everybody's kind of traveling. Yes, yes, they don't call it. They just don't call it.
Speaker 2: It's like ja know. Uh, it's it's exactly that's exactly what it's like. Uh. And if the game's on the line and you call it travel uh, I'm I am shocked because everybody does it throughout the game now, where they lift their first step before they even dribble the ball.
Speaker 1: I'd be pretty good in the NBA if I was allowed to just run around without dribbling.
Speaker 2: No, you get your ship. You'd be destroyed.
Speaker 1: No, I bet you I could score if if they if I got on the court with the Lakers and they said, you don't have to dribble.
Speaker 2: Not even. I don't think you'd score in the G League, Bro, I would score in the G League. If I didn't think score in the G League, I'm going to put it out there. I don't think you'd score in a high school game.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I went and saw. I went and I went and saw Notre Dame Varsierra Canyon. At the endto it Dome, there's a high school teams and boy, oh boy, are they fast. I thought, Look, it's it's picked up quite a bit. The pace is picked up quite a bit in high school basketball, and kids are way more skilled now than they were ten years ago. Twenty years ago. Uh, it's it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, I just feel like if there was some kind of contest you how to have those contests and intermission where you can win cars and stuff. I feel like if if I had one of those contests and my rule was you can't dribble, No, sorry, you don't have to dribble, just fucking like footballing in there, I feel like I could score some goals.
Speaker 3: Putball it into this basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could. Like I would hold the ball like this, and I would just like they'd be trying to foul me and everything. I would just run up there.
Speaker 2: And then my fucking the minute of the ball, the minute the ball got like this, that she would get smacked out of the sky.
Speaker 1: No, because I would already be in the air, flying like joy that shit.
Speaker 2: Right, And as you're jumping up, you would notice that they're jumping up too, but they're jumping way higher than you.
Speaker 1: Ever because I would have trampoline shoes.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then there's that.
Speaker 1: Did I not mention?
Speaker 2: Did I not mention I'm.
Speaker 1: Wearing trampoline shoes?
Speaker 2: You did not mention? Well?
Speaker 1: I am well, I yeah, I sound like Richard kind well, I am, Well, I am. Then if we do a scrubs rebood, we have to bring back Richard Kind absolutely, because no one makes me laugh harder. How about when we had him on the show and he goes, they'll call.
Speaker 2: Your call, Oh, they'll call.
Speaker 1: Oh, they'll call. I'm going to see you today. Donald, we have a little rehearsal for a secret tone. Are you gonna wear that beard for the secret project?
Speaker 2: No? I got a shave and everything.
Speaker 1: When are you getting a shape up?
Speaker 2: That's what you call it tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Is it called a shame?
Speaker 2: It's called a haircut. Actually, I need a I need a straight up haircut.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna the barber comes over to.
Speaker 2: Your house, right, he's gonna come to set.
Speaker 1: Okay, any and he shaves your beard on your head.
Speaker 2: Beard, shave and a haircut, two bits.
Speaker 1: Shave and a haircut two bits. Because I feel like this barber sometimes has come to your home.
Speaker 2: That has happened too. You facetimed me yesterday with a barber at your home.
Speaker 1: Well, mine's guy's not a barber.
Speaker 2: My guy's not a barber either, he's a groom.
Speaker 1: Well, I just feel like with my hair, I don't think of him as a barber. I think him as like a hairstylist.
Speaker 2: That's what mine is too.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's just I guess it's just a tomato. Tomato. My hairstylist and I were singing this song and we didn't know the lyrics, and he said, I guarantee you Donald knows the lyrics, and we facetimed Donald's and he knew the entire verse.
Speaker 3: That's the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these motherfuckers hit me up and was like, Yo, do you know the lyrics to Ladie Daddy. We like to see. We don't cause trouble, We don't bother nobati, just some men. That's on the mic. And when we roped on the mic, we rocked the mic right to all. He fucking hit me up and asked me that, he said, is what comes after? He don't cry? Dry your mother with these two little guys.
Speaker 1: I was like, don't cry, try your eye and here comes your mother with these two little guys.
Speaker 2: He mean mother stepped upset to me. Hi hit Sally in the face and Dector in the eye, punched her in the belly and stepped on her feet, slammed the child on the hard concrete and then I proceeded to do the rest of the verse.
Speaker 1: So we were able to say thank you Donald. You did know the song it's slick Rick, which I didn't know that it was slick Rick.
Speaker 2: Yes, and also was English. Yeah, you didn't know that slick Rick.
Speaker 1: What was British English? Yes, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, he still had the swagger. I mean, this is the dude that made a lot of gold like he was like fur coat, gold chains. Swagger came really from Swick, sorry, from slick Rick. Like everybody else was kind of you know, uh suited adida suited out or sweatsuit with jeans and baseball cap. Slick Rick came with the patch on his eye and the and the really funky kingo and well yeah, like the pimp style came from slick Rick.
Speaker 1: Do you feel bad for Drake and all that the whole world is singing at this track about him? That's just listen when and everyone in the place was dancing.
Speaker 2: He asked for it and everyone wanted to battle. He asked for it. He wanted to battle. He he wanted to battle. He and this is what happens, dude. Well yeah, yeah, yeah, back in the day he started it a long time ago.
Speaker 3: It was a petty accidental starts. My understand. Well, the start of.
Speaker 4: This one is he said there's a big three, and Kendrick was like, did you just say no.
Speaker 2: That way way before, way before. I mean, he took I'm not gonna lie. He took Kendrick and j Cole out on stage with him. He gave them a lot of shine, and you know, uh, somewhere along the way, Kendrick got uh, I felt felt a certain way about what was going on or something he said and he distant way back when he said something like no new friends, we don't need that or some ship like that in that song, and Kendrick took that personal and uh, you know Jake Coles the one that said, uh, it's like the Big three, you know what I mean. Jake Cole's the one that said that. Ja Cole backed up out it the out of the battle quick, but I don't want any of this. And they went back and forth for a bit, and you know a lot of people are saying it's hate on Drake, and look, I know what I like, and I like some of the Drake disstracks, but nothing's better than they not like Us. That's one of the dopest disc tracks I've ever heard in my life. In my life, it goes it's been like us, Ether and back to Back. Drake's back to Back is one of the best dis tracks I've ever heard. Also, you know what I mean, I don't hate Drake. I just feel like he lost this battle.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, even though the guy's a zillionaire and everything and he's you know, he has everything he wants in life, I just feel the whole world singing a dis track about him.
Speaker 2: I feel bad, Well he has he had the same thing happened with with a bunch of people. You know, people were singing the Takeover back in the day when jay Z dropped that. You know, people were singing Ether, when Nas dropped that, people were singing uh uh back to Back when that was dropped. You know, there's so many people that have battled in the past. This one just got to a level that nobody ever thought a battle track would ever get to.
Speaker 1: But they were the Grammys, and they like every single artist.
Speaker 2: Like the whole fucking Grammy said a minor.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, and they're all dancing like even like the old like from old record execs to yeah, arms Swift with a champagne glass and everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a miner.
Speaker 4: Like slash to be Like, a very large number of people were like, Drake is the greatest rapper of all time and there's praise at every which way. Uh and now difficult here to go out without people creating a meme Like it's.
Speaker 1: Just performed in Australia. I saw on the interwebs and he came out and he had like a bullet ridden hoodie on it had like bullet holes in it, and then somehow with some rig he had smoke coming out of the holes and that was like dramatic his statement that he's been being shot up.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, the same thing that he did to everybody else is now being done to him and he can't be mad at it.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is it's karma, komma coma, comma coma community.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a lot of ways, it is months and go on vacation with your millions and then come back with a great dance track and we'll move on.
Speaker 3: It'll be fine.
Speaker 2: It's not like he can't right, It's not like he's not nice with it, you know what I mean? Album.
Speaker 1: Just take her like seven forty seven private jet somewhere nice and go write some songs sounds.
Speaker 2: That's what he should do.
Speaker 1: Turn off Instagram.
Speaker 2: It's just what the thing. The problem is is that Kendrick is just merciless right now.
Speaker 1: He's showing the haftime show.
Speaker 2: Dude, the whole record that came out, the whole record pretty much, the whole record that came out is distracks.
Speaker 1: It's so fun that everything about me and the whole world is singing.
Speaker 4: Be so sad, Zach, you don't know how bad it is. He's playing in Toronto on Father's Day. He's playing in Toronto, Drake City on Father's Day.
Speaker 3: I was like, it doesn't do So.
Speaker 2: He got a song. He got a song where every lyric in the song is from a song that Drake copied. So it's a full fucking song with the title of every song that Drake has ever copied.
Speaker 1: All right, let me ask you a question, and don't get all worked up because I don't know this music that well. So this is coming from I'm sure there's other people in the audience who can agree. When he does the Super Bowl halftime show, are people going to recognize a lot of songs.
Speaker 2: He has a couple of them. He has a he has quite a few of them that are actually well, I mean, you got to be honest. He doesn't doesn't have a catalog like Rihanna.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have a Cariana plays. We know every fucking hit. I don't. I don't know his music that well. Will John Q, citizen like me who doesn't know rap that well, know his big hits.
Speaker 2: He's got a couple of them that everybody that were bangers like be humble. He's got they not like us. He's got a couple of songs with He's got like three songs with Scizza that everybody knows from the Black Panther soundtrack, the one that's out right now.
Speaker 1: He's got performing with him.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I'm sure she is definitely announced it. She's gay and she's going on tour with him. Can't wait to see.
Speaker 2: Well, they're they're from the same camp.
Speaker 1: They went to camp together, theater camp. He got a stage I'm not sure stage.
Speaker 2: I think it was the Camp of Hard Knocks.
Speaker 1: I didn't see him at stage door.
Speaker 2: This dude is so fucked up. He wore a gene suitadian.
Speaker 1: Oh do you think that was a disc because yeah, made.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's diabolical his diabo.
Speaker 1: I saw in the interwebs that someone said, this is how diabolically he is. He pretended this is just people's talking show on the internet, that he pretended to drop his ring and had to find it after the one reward so that it slowed down him getting to the stage enough so that a minor with the song would hit a minor by the time he die.
Speaker 2: He tended to drop. Drake dropped a disc track. Drake dropped a disc track. Six minutes and sixteen seconds later, fucking Kendrick drops one called six sixteen or some shit like that. If I'm correct, dude, I could be wrong about that, but this dude is like everything that he said in these songs, Drake is now doing in euphoria. He said some ship and Drake's doing all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, I just watched an episode of the Office where Jim and Dwight challenge each other to a snowball fight and Dwight takes I don't know if you've ever seen this episode, but Dwight takes it so seriously that everywhere he goes fucking Krazinsky's just getting pummeled by snowballs, like it's not even funny where he's like a bloody nose. He's like, he gets a present, he opens it. Dwight's rigged like a fucking catapult from the present to hit him in the face with it, and he starts like having panic attacks because no matter where he goes, he's gonna get fucking pegged by a snow fight. And it's like, dude, fucking mercy, I give up. You've beaten me to a pulp. Stop throwing these snowballs.
Speaker 2: And this scenario Kendrick yes, And this scenario, Kendrick is Dwight.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kendrick is Dwighting snowballing. Gosh, I'm having so much fun watching that show.
Speaker 2: Is our guest.
Speaker 1: That's what I was just gonna say, our guest this year.
Speaker 2: Here we go five six, seven stories.
Speaker 6: That show we made about a bunch of times and nurses. Sana Jan said, he's the stories.
Speaker 2: Neat so Yanna rad here yea here.
Speaker 1: Sec Layla, welcome the show. I'm so glad you here. I've been big upping your show on this podcast because I think as as appreciated it as it must have been. I think it's one of the greatest shows of last year. And I just am like your publicist on this podcast, So thank you for coming on.
Speaker 7: That is so nice. Thank you so much. I I'm honored, I really am.
Speaker 8: I I feel quite out of place and not quite sure what I'm doing here, but I'm very excited to be.
Speaker 7: I've been fans of you guys, I think since I was.
Speaker 2: Don't do it? Don't they do it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I already feel it. Oh, I hesitated close. Yeah, I noticed that born in nineteen ninety two. I graduated high school in ninety two.
Speaker 1: Yes, you don't have to tell her that Donald, you look twenty five yourself.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. How did this come about?
Speaker 1: It's so amazing. And I read because Joel, that's Joelle Monique are amazing producer, and she gives us. She gives us like recon about you. We get recon And I read that you Alfonso Corone didn't even ask you to audition. Is that true?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the whole thing was really just a fluke.
Speaker 8: They it was a last minute change of plan that another actress was going.
Speaker 7: To play this part, and they were.
Speaker 8: Trying to find someone whose face would quite easily with visual effects, be able to have Kate Blanchette's face put on top of them. And they also wanted to be an actress, so that it was a it was an actor being able to do the scenes with Louis Partridge, who plays opposite me in the show, And so they wanted it to be an actor, and my name, I guess was thrown in the ring. I'm not really sure how. I've heard a few different stories. I heard that he someone saw pictures of like paparazzi pictures of me in a red bikini on.
Speaker 7: A beach and were like, oh, she should do it.
Speaker 1: That's the same, right, Yeah, But that's crazy because you you had I mean, you had to obviously look like young Kate blanchet but you also it's a very fucking hard part.
Speaker 7: Well, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't going to be my digitally put Yes, they were just going to use your body and that's it.
Speaker 8: Yes, And they only wanted an actor, I think, to be able to work through the scene and and mimic her as and you know, I don't know. And so when I accepted the job, it was really just to get experience working with Alfonso and on a set like that, it wasn't going to be me and and it wasn't until and it was one of those like Alfonso Qurn wants to talk to you tomorrow about this movie.
Speaker 1: There's no script calls like that, Donald wants to talk to you.
Speaker 2: I'm still waiting for Dave Filoni to call me and say these things.
Speaker 1: You know, it doesn't know who someone named.
Speaker 2: She might know George, what about what about fig?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I'm waiting for him, waiting.
Speaker 2: She's waiting for everybody's waiting for the call.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to be able to say. I was so so Afonso Corone called me and he said, no, that's that. One day that'll happen to me.
Speaker 8: He called me, and I hadn't had a script, And I get so nervous with these director meetings because I never know how to prepare. I'm not good at selling myself. You know, I'll probably suggest someone else for the job. And so I read the book overnight and spoke to him the next day, and he was very upset that I'd read the book because he wanted me to hear the story from.
Speaker 7: His script first.
Speaker 8: But he basically told me the whole story and then said would you like to play this part, to which I just immediately responded yes, And he said, okay, well we need you to come here in three days and we start shooting in ten days. And I went there based on the knowledge that it would never be my.
Speaker 7: Face, and it wasn't until I never knew that.
Speaker 8: I landed that he sat down on opposite with me for the first time and he was like, hmmm, how would you feel about the first four episodes it's you and then in the last two we do the face replacement. I was like, great. I think the idea was and I don't want to give.
Speaker 2: Away, yeah, be careful the show.
Speaker 8: The idea was that there's one side of this character where we see her and it would be me, and then there's another interpretation of her that we would see and it would be Kate's face.
Speaker 2: And I think we.
Speaker 1: Can say without spoilers that the show just just as a broad stroke, the stories of the past are told from different perspectives.
Speaker 7: We can see that, right, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing that caught me in the In the first episode, I was like, all right, I'm having trouble right now. What's going on? What's going on. And then and because at first I was like, well, who's who's Kate. It's Kate, the girl that went home because the mom because the ant died. Who's what's going on? I don't get it. And then when they show you at the beach with the boy yeah, and he's taking pictures, I was like, Okay, now I got about this. Now I'm now, I'm now I'm.
Speaker 1: That's what I really like about the show. I love a show that has the balls to unfold slowly. I like a show where you're obviously by the end of the pilot you have to like connect some dots for people are They're gonna be like, fucking, I don't get this. But I love a show that makes you go, wait, what's that. I don't know yet, I don't have all the answers. And then they start giving you some clues and you go, oh, I love that when I'm when when when a producer, director, writer do that to me and they give me they respect my intelligence and like unfold something slowly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought at the at first I thought Kevin Klein and Kate were the two in the beginning on the tree. That's what I thought.
Speaker 7: I was like, Okay, that would have been an interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, not only that, it was like, this doesn't seem it didn't seem it.
Speaker 1: Seemed just like disclaimer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seemed like I was like, wow, it doesn't seem too far back. I'm sitting there like he has a Walkman on? When did Walkman's come out? You know? And I'm trying to put piece it together and then when it hits and it unfolds and you realize, no, that's the dad.
Speaker 1: Well, so the spoilers up. So that's that's just a careful because I'm telling the whole audience to watch the show, and I want them to be like Donald ruined that part.
Speaker 2: I did not. Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. Did you get to? So what point did you in your shooting? Did all funds? Because as I remember, it was always you right. He never ended up switching right.
Speaker 8: Well, it wasn't until a year later the first time I saw the show in full that.
Speaker 7: He called me immediately like do you like it? Do you like it? I was like, yeah, but when are you doing the CGI?
Speaker 2: Because I don't think take it away.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure I could watch it. When that happens, and he's like, we just decided not to do it. I just bowled, just broke down. And why did you break down so much?
Speaker 2: Are you so happy such a great job on the show?
Speaker 7: Oh I really that's huge coming from you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: It was the best best experience in my life, like work experience.
Speaker 1: Did you get to me Key, I mean you don't really have scenes together obviously, Did you get to like have any talk? I mean, I just I'm obsessed with her as well. I think she's one of the greatest there is. Did you get any discourse with her about saying even mannerisms or anything like that.
Speaker 8: We had the day I arrived was her last shoot day, and we had for about an hour, we blocked through a couple of them most significant scenes, and that's where I first got to see kind of what she was doing and how she was standing, and you know, yeah, mannerisms and et cetera.
Speaker 7: And then I got to see Apple. It was down to the wire.
Speaker 8: It was the first day of shooting and I still hadn't seen any footage, and I'd been asking for footage for a while, and someone knocked on my trailer with an iPad about forty five minutes before I was supposed to go on set.
Speaker 7: With all the scenes, with like five scenes that she'd done.
Speaker 8: I was like, this is amazing, But how do I how do I like cram revision for this next? You know, months that I'm going to be shooting this, And I thought, you know, I can't record it on my phone.
Speaker 7: Because Apple will know.
Speaker 8: And so I put the iPad up and then put my phone on selfie mode and I recorded myself mimicking what she was doing on the iPad to kind of have that in my possession.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's smart. There's some little mannerisms because yeah, they might be so subtle no one's gonna clock it. But I think that if I was directing something like that, I'd say, let's find just a couple of little things, because I think we all hold on to those subtle little mannerisms in our in our lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah said sorry ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, and Donald like for example, says that's when that's what says, you know, and he says you know what I'm saying like every other sentence, and he's been doing that for twenty four years. So if I was casting young Donald, that would make sure that he says, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Is it? You know what I mean? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what I'm saying. You know?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? I mean?
Speaker 8: Do you do like?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Do you do you like?
Speaker 2: And he is in New York City? You know I'm saying where you know what I'm saying came from? And I say that ship all the time. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I think it can be. It's a bit of an English thing too, to be like, do you know what I mean? Do you mean?
Speaker 2: I mean? Do not mean?
Speaker 7: My boyfriend makes fun of me all the time. And I was like, no, do you know what I mean? He's like, do you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean you are your father? For those who don't know, is the legendary thespian Vincent Inoffrio. I love that and he's a legend. Did you grow up in where'd you grow up? Because you have actually have an English accent obviously, but where did you? But where'd you grow up?
Speaker 8: Until about eight or nine, it was between England and Australia.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, your dad's Vincent Diinofrio.
Speaker 1: You didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Well, you should have known that.
Speaker 2: I need to do better research.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love that you didn't know it.
Speaker 8: It's I spend a lot of my life getting very excited when people find out later on, or like when I'm on a job and it takes them two months to figure it out.
Speaker 7: I think that's like my mission, you know. So I love that. That's great.
Speaker 1: Well, I knew it, and I knew and I think he's one of the greatest actors.
Speaker 2: So I was created. That's how you know who fig is.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're gonna like another aspect if if I'm not mistaken Donald, You're gonna like this aspect again. In my recon on you that Joelle gave me, you and your family do an annual Disney World or Land trip.
Speaker 7: Annual is an understatement.
Speaker 1: How many times a year do you go to Disneyland or World.
Speaker 7: I've been known to go.
Speaker 8: I think I had a year recently where it was about four or five times, but that was between that was either Disneyland or Disney World.
Speaker 2: That language I got you, well, not anymore, not as much as I used to. Now it's only once a year because that's what they allow. But back in the day when Scrubs was on, tell.
Speaker 1: That, oh I was talking about Wait wait, first of all, they oh, I see he's talking about being getting the VIP guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, all right. Sorry. So back in the day when I was doing Scrubs though, when we were doing Scrubs, I was at Disneyland probably twice a month for them for the year, Like I was going so much. I remember, I was. Look. At first, they used to make me do certain things like I have to you know, uh, you know, well, no, not take pictures. I'd have to go and sit down with a bunch of people and they would interview me and we would talk shit about shows that I was on.
Speaker 1: It was like, really, when I've done it like that, you just have to take a picture with mini moles.
Speaker 2: No, that was bat And I'm talking about like before you go, you want to go to Disneyland, all right, do this press junket for me and I'll get you tickets, all right. Bet That's how it started. Then it became they gave me the they gave me the offices number at the because I used all the NBC's tickets, right, and so they're like, listen, we'll just give you the number to Disneyland. And I started calling the publicists at Disneyland and I would call like every other week and be like, Hey, what's up? And I lost this ship because this is how I lost it? You abused it. No, I bought my buddy. I bought the sun I did. I bought my buddy, Kevin Jordan. And Kevin Jordan said to him, and I don't know if I've told this story before, but we get to Disneyland. He's like, look, no matter what, I gotta take a picture with Pluto. And I'm like, I can make that happen, bro, I can make that happen. I don't know. You gotta make this happen for me. And I was like all right. I was like, what kind of Pluto do you want? Do you want Pluto dressed up in a costume or do you want Pluto just Pluto to dog? And he's like, I just want Pluto to dog. You gotta get it. But this is my childhood dream. And I'm like, all I bet so I go to the Guide, yo, listen, it's his childhood dream to take a picture with Pluto. Can we make this happen?
Speaker 1: He probably had no one in the Pluto costs and we're like, Jim, you got to come in here.
Speaker 2: They were like, so they're like, we'll see what we can do. Somewhere along the line, they make this shit happen and they surprise us, and out of nowhere here comes Pluto to dog and I'm like, holy shit, Kevin, look it's Pluto. And he goes, oh my god, can we take this picture? And I'm like, let's take this picture, Kevin. So we get the cameras ready. The fucking park has the camera person there too, right.
Speaker 1: Right right. They want a picture of Donald Faison and Pluto.
Speaker 2: I'm not in the picture with Pluto. It's Kevin and Pluto.
Speaker 1: They don't care about Kevin.
Speaker 2: They're making this hat. It's like a you know, a dream is a wish your heart mags. His wish is coming true?
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: He gets next to Pluto.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what happens?
Speaker 2: He picks Pluto up.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't pick Pluto up.
Speaker 2: We're all taking pictures. He's like, you're ready, and we're taking pictures as he's doing this. Didn't like that dude, the mask almost falls off. Pluto's holding onto the mask on his head like this, Yo, dude, I didn't at this point, I didn't know the park hat security like that. Out of no where, these motherfuckers came out of nowhere scrambling on us. I wasn't allowed back at Disneyland for over a year because of this banned.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to good to know, Leyla, don't pick up Pluto when you.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 7: This is where all have you beat?
Speaker 2: Are you a member? I'm not. That shit is so explosive. I want to I had somebody come up to me and be like Donald, if you want and you got, you can get in. But this is what it's going to cost you.
Speaker 1: We've never had anyone who knew, who knew the inside what happens.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh my gosh, if I talk about.
Speaker 1: It, you're not allowed to talk about it.
Speaker 7: If they kick me out.
Speaker 8: There are It's not I don't think it's a secret that there are Disney World and at Disneyland, but you can only be a Club thirty three member at one or the other. So we are Club thirty three members at Disney World and in each park Animal Kingdom appcod Magic Kingdom, there is a little club restaurant that's very hidden. You wouldn't really notice it unless you knew that it was there, because it's kind of a door that you maybe thought wasn't really a door or something like that. But there's a little symbol at the outside with a little Mickey face, and you put your membership card up against the door. You wait a few seconds for them to decide if they want to let you in or and then some kind of thing opens and you go up and it's each one is themed different.
Speaker 7: Our favorite one is the Animal Kingdom one, and there's like a special snack and you can just get a bit drunk and like.
Speaker 1: It's pretty great.
Speaker 2: I hear. The food is like top different food.
Speaker 7: Yep, it's different food.
Speaker 8: They have a snack you can bring up to three people, but you can kind of.
Speaker 2: Bring I'm just saying this much. It costs money, dude.
Speaker 1: Well you have some money.
Speaker 2: I do now I didn't at the time.
Speaker 1: Well now I think you could afford it.
Speaker 2: Now I can. You need to carpet your and it comes it comes with tickets too days.
Speaker 8: It comes with tickets and also the VIP days like a certain allotment of them, and you also get like God is such a nerd about it. So when they're opening new rides sometimes they only open them for members for like two weeks. So for two weeks you can be the first people they get to ride the rights.
Speaker 2: I do have, I do have. I do have one thing that you probably I was the first person of me and and I was the first person to fly the Millennium Falcon. That's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 7: We've not done a first person thing.
Speaker 8: Have you been though to at Epcot the Guardians of the Galaxy ride?
Speaker 2: I have not. But the one, the one at Disneyland.
Speaker 8: Is different, different things. It's not a tower of turn. This is a roller coaster that beats all roller coasters. It's the best, most smoothest, craziest, funnest, Like we'll do it five times in a row, and it's the most amazing ride that you'll ever go on. Please you have to just go next week to the guard.
Speaker 2: Do you remember do you remember the what was the rock and Broad the Aerosmith?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're changing it to such a geek.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: I want to. I kind of want to Trivia in.
Speaker 7: One Direction or something. I feel like.
Speaker 2: They're changing it to the one direction ride, like.
Speaker 7: They're changing it to something that I was disappointed in.
Speaker 4: The Rockular Coaster starring Aerosmith. Hollywood is being rethmed to the Muppets.
Speaker 7: Oh well, that's actually better.
Speaker 2: That's new.
Speaker 7: That's new information that I didn't have.
Speaker 8: But there, I guarantee it was something else before they were There's been rumors for like years.
Speaker 7: Of which band they were going to change it too.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you don't like the Guardians of the Galaxy at Disney Way, No I do.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 7: It's just it's that's Tower of Terror, you know.
Speaker 1: And when you go, you go with your whole family, like your dad goes.
Speaker 7: Sometimes it's hard. My brother's.
Speaker 1: Vincent Andofrio on like Small World.
Speaker 8: Oh gosh, that's been our jam. That was what our relationship was like. Not Small World, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, but he loves it as much as you do.
Speaker 8: Obviously, growing up, the two of before my brothers were born, the two of them before he was Vincent Andofria, we would go just the two of us between like when I was two and seven, and that would be the time I would see my dad, like that was our whole relationship.
Speaker 7: We'd go, we'd wait in line, we get the fast pass. I'd be on his shoulders, like we'd spend the whole day. He queued up.
Speaker 8: He always tells the story that he queued up for like four hours because I had to get Ariel's autograph, and it was like.
Speaker 7: That was that. It's sometimes we go without my brothers just as a little like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't tell the land is an adult park. It's not. It's kids can come to me just to watch it.
Speaker 1: I'd be so happy, Like I'm not as into it as Donald is, but I go just because it's like and we've been with Joel and Daniel too, but I just I like going just to watch my friend be in his happy place.
Speaker 2: Kids ruin it, and you know what else ruins you know what else ruins Disneyland. Alcohol. I used to think, you know what, I'm gonna go to Disneyland with a nice little buzz. That shit fucks you up. I got drunk once in Disneyland and was like, it was my daughter's birthday. I'll never forget this Goofy. I did not miss Schoofy, but I got drunk at Disneyland, and fucking we went on the Incredit Coaster and my daughter was like, let's do it again. And I was so drunk that we went home a little earlier than we were supposed to see the fireworks.
Speaker 1: But I go with your kids, it's not nearly as fun. We can't move, we can't we can't bang out with all the rides they got them.
Speaker 2: No you gotta.
Speaker 8: I'm not so fun at Disney because I'm like, I'm always the organizer making sure that we hit everything, and so I like jump between like mission mode and five year old girl.
Speaker 7: But it's all about the gummies at Disney.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't done that. I haven't done theummies.
Speaker 3: I was going to ride. If you're the new it was formerly, did you like it?
Speaker 6: We have?
Speaker 8: I was never Tiana was just after my kind of childhood, I think. And I'm very glad that they changed that ride because obviously it.
Speaker 2: Was racist, very But did you ever see Southey.
Speaker 8: When we all when we all became like hip to it every time? And it's a shame because I loved that ride as a kid, and there's those carrot brier rabbits and all of that, and you just like get to know them song. Yeah, and then you're kind of going on it as a grown up, like, yeah, I don't feel like right about enjoying this anymore. Yeah, we were on it once and I think it malfunctioned. This was a big family trip where there was twenty of us. We had to have like two guides and like split. It was a huge reunion and we got stuck right where the vultures are at the top, right before you splash down, and the vultures, I feel like, started wigging out a little bit, like they were saying things that we were like, did they Just like it felt like the guys were having a good time behind the microphones.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 7: Talking about stuff that. Yeah, I feel like it malfunctioned a little bit.
Speaker 2: They were like, we're going to lose this ride anyway, so let's just give it one last.
Speaker 8: It was already a bit like let's find you're a happy play, you know, and so then it just Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched this. I went down this wormhole about the Star Wars hotel in uh in Florida and Disney.
Speaker 7: It was open for like two years in the scar.
Speaker 1: Right, but this girl who does funny videos about theme parks I forgot her name, but she did like an hour and a half two hour video where she went and stayed at the hotel and then she did a whole hilarious report on her experience staying in the hotel. Joell, maybe you can find it for me or the name of it. It was like if you put in YouTube, maybe like review of Star Wars hotel by a girl. She's this really funny YouTuber. Anyway, it was just crazy that the her and it failed obviously because it was too expensive, and you know, but we contributed.
Speaker 8: We actually we spent an evening at Disney because we'll go to the park during the day and then we'll all hang out in a hotel room and just like goof off and and you know, cry, laughing with each other.
Speaker 7: And my brother, my my he.
Speaker 8: Is obsessed with Star Wars and he really wanted to go to the hotel, and none of us, like my dad and I were like, there's no way, like.
Speaker 9: Because you also have to wear the clothes and stuff, and the idea that my dad and I were going to go and like to dress off as like a Sith lord or something like, we're just there's no way.
Speaker 1: Like you you you called what do you call it? When you larp? You like you yeah, you larp you you like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's real LARPing, man, You're not getting into blaster battles with stormtroopers and.
Speaker 7: It happened. No, dude. They wake you up, like we spoke to this guy on the phone for so long.
Speaker 8: They wake you up in night and they'll be like, there's trouble in the engine room and you.
Speaker 1: Got and and you're on your own quest. Everyone's on there, everyone's on there. It's your adventure. I know because I watched this girl's whole video because it was so funny. But like you're on your own choosier adventure ride and you can like as the as the characters are walking around, you can talk to them be like hey, I heard something's going on the engine room, and they'll give you clues and ship and like everyone has their own like quest. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wouldn't want to get into a ward. Yeah, well you find it.
Speaker 1: I don't see them the chat chat.
Speaker 3: I'll put it in the main chat.
Speaker 2: I would want to get into a war. I would want a war that start a Star Wars to start at the Star Wars Hotel, and I would want to be, you know, the Kiro of the Rebellion or there.
Speaker 1: I just want to shout out this video for people that are curious because I thought I was going to watch ten minutes of it. Sorry, I watched the whole thing and I'm not even a mega Disney fan like these guys. It's called The Spectacular Failure of the Star Wars Hotel and it's by Jenny Kelson, who makes very funny videos. By the way, but I gotta tell you I was wrong. It's four hours long.
Speaker 2: You watched the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I think I skipped a couple of things, but it's one of those things. The girl, the woman is so good at making a video that you just when you're like, okay enough, she says something funny and you just keep watching it. Yeah. It's like it's like it's a four hour review of her experience staying at the Disneyland the Star Wars Hotel.
Speaker 2: So did you guys ever make it? Did you guys go?
Speaker 7: No? No way. He also wants us to go on a cruise, which isn't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Like this surprise.
Speaker 1: You don't go on a cruise, you probably wouldn't be bothered too much.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know. Ever since that COVID shit happened on the cruise ships and stuff, I have no desire to. But you're a big.
Speaker 7: Star Wars fan. I thought you would have done the Star Wars. Nah.
Speaker 2: I am a huge Star Wars fan, but that shit was phobic and I have no interest in being Look, I might be a Star Wars fan, but I don't like people, you know, I don't like hanging out with him.
Speaker 1: Last topic and we'll let you go, but I want to talk. Are you a Knicks fan?
Speaker 7: Yeah, big Knicks fan.
Speaker 1: I saw on your Instagram that you were enjoying uh some MSG and I thought you and Donald might bond over that as well, because that's his team.
Speaker 2: We did not make one trade. Well, we did trade. We traded for for We traded somebody who didn't play at all this trade deadline. I did not know you were a Knick fan.
Speaker 8: Well, look, I don't know about I'm not like in with the trades and stuff. My boyfriend always makes fun of me because he's like, okay, so name five players and I'm like, I can do it.
Speaker 2: You can, Josh hart O G.
Speaker 1: I've been going to MSG two of all right, Donald, I don't know anything either, but I have so much fun there both the Knicks.
Speaker 7: I love it so much. I love it so so much.
Speaker 8: I would go every if I ever knew that I had tickets, I would just go. And there's something I love about just watching American sports.
Speaker 7: It's different from where I grew up.
Speaker 8: It's just the way that everyone gets into it and when you're that close, when you're lucky enough to be that close, which just feels like I can't quite believe. It's the It's the biggest get I think I've ever made in my life.
Speaker 1: Is getting the VIP hookup and MSG.
Speaker 8: Yeah, is being really good friends with the VIP guy at MSG.
Speaker 1: That's a good look.
Speaker 7: Shout out Trey A.
Speaker 2: Big up tray. When I'm in New York, I'm a.
Speaker 1: Had a hookup too. I don't know if it's Trade, it's somebody else, but that's how I've been going to they and we've.
Speaker 7: Become really good friends. I love him. We go out to dinner and stuff and he's great.
Speaker 8: He's so fun. But yeah, it's it's a different experience. It's it's and you feel like you're among giants, you know. It feels like it's a full on show.
Speaker 2: No it is. It's a It is a full on show, and the Nicks are good this year, and so it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Well, Laila, thank you for coming on. Everybody who's listening to this check out disclaimer. I think I'm sure it was a huge success, but however biggest success it was, I think it was underrated. It was one of my favorite shows last year. And you're a really, really good actress and we can't wait to see what happens to your career from now we are we will be seated.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, just honestly, and I've I've been I've been listening to your podcast. I feel like we have the same relationship algorithm because I've been saving like Jillian is it Jillian Tareki, is that how you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And Matthew Hassey honestly got me, has gotten me through so many I've just had him on like repeat, And whenever I have a friend that's going through a breakup, I send them that, like I do tend to for anyone going through a breakup thing.
Speaker 1: But I have ends going through relationship ship I send them Jillian Treki and Matthew Hussey videos and quotes.
Speaker 8: So yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a bit nervous now that on Instagram it shows people what you've liked, because no, like, I feel like all my friends are liking all these funny videos and stuff, and then they're just gonna be scrolling and see that I've just liked all of these relate Like, you know, if he's not bloody.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need to wait a second. Wait a second. When did Instagram start doing this?
Speaker 1: Donald Donald's having it out of body experience. You can't just like girls Donald.
Speaker 7: Like three weeks ago or something.
Speaker 2: You can just yet, I need to delete Instagram.
Speaker 1: Your wife's not gonna like it when she sees that you only like only fans girls.
Speaker 2: I don't just like OnlyFans girls, asshole.
Speaker 1: She's really talented. I'm not just she's gorgeous. She's such a good actress. I guarantee you like, she's gonna be a very big star.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's pedigree comes we.
Speaker 1: Say about the Nepple baby conversation. I mean, granted some people don't have it, but I gotta say, like, if if your father is the level of actor of Vincentinofrio, like there's chromosomes in you, they're probably gonna be You're gonna have a good shot.
Speaker 4: It's interesting because she she doesn't go at all by her father's name or or like you, and she sort of enjoys the surprise. I wonder we should have asked her thoughts on NEPO babies, because.
Speaker 1: She did sort of say, like, I love it that people don't know. But you know, I just feel like.
Speaker 2: That was enough for me when she said that. Now with Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Lawrence, like it's like I feel like, you know, it's I'm not gonna happen every time, obviously, but I think if your parents are happen to be talented actors, there's something likely to happen.
Speaker 7: Let's see it, can I five six seven eight?
Speaker 1: Oh my, you just did you just did you know what she can do that? She can do her for her departure. We can do an early five.
Speaker 2: No, we'll just use that for what we'll do.
Speaker 1: We'll do yes, you do it, and then we'll use it at the very end.
Speaker 7: Okay, so not the one I just did. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Read No matter of fact, Daniel did play it when you said that. Just now, Daniel played it. Play it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's studient Bill, I want her to U do a good one. For the outro of the whole show, Donald, all right, go now, Leila, Oh.
Speaker 7: Gosh, now it's pressure. That was so natural, and like, all right, guys, can I do it? Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Can we go?
Speaker 7: Buy six?
Speaker 6: Seven, eight stories? I'm not sure we made about a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of n said he's a stories.
Speaker 6: So gadder round you here, our gadder round you here, a scratchy watch your wiz and no