Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It is the Joey P joe P Zappia with me of course is the Welsh. It's all the peanuts and the Crackerjacks here on Twitch, Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's where you can watch us live every Monday through Friday at New Eastern and of course if you can't get there live, you can always watch us on demand on the YouTube channel Fantasy Pros MLB. Drop your comments below and you might win yourself a Jose Ramirez jersey. That's right from Pristine Auction. So subscribe to the channel, drop your comments. That's how you get automatically entered to win this bad boy. And don't forget to ring that bell toil. It goes ding for notifications, so you never miss a piece of content here on the Fantasy Pros MLB channel. And we can also let you know that you're the big winner this month of the Jose Ramirez giveaway. Welsh. Some baseball to talk about here, one or two things. As we head into a Friday, and look, it's rainy, it's miserable here. I just decided to stay inside I'm working on black book for football. It's like, you know what, I'm not leaving my house today. I made that decision. I'm a little tired. It's been a long week. What do you got going on this weekend? Anything big and fun happening for you?
Speaker 2: Just finding new best friends as I always do. Beautiful sunny weather in Arizona where baseball is gorgeous. You're the only one complaining. Everyone else's got gorgeous weather. I'm gonna watch some baseball, celebrate the mothers, and that's about it. And like I said, make new best friends as I do in the backfields, which we will talk about here in a little bit.
Speaker 1: Happy Mother's Day weekend to everybody out there and any of the mom's Washington today also, and of course you know it's a weekend, which means it's full of more football for me to coach on Saturday and on Sunday. So we're gonna sneak in Mother's Day somewhere around Sunday evening, that's my guess. And what we're gonna do. The Rockies, it'd be nice if they snuck in some wins once in a while, because they are struggle buss the Tigers outscored the Rockies twenty one to three and a doubleheader yesterday. It's funny to be because yesterday the Pirates moved on from their manager, Derek Shelton. He had been there for a few years. Some mixed bag results. Obviously not the best teams to work with. But I guess my big question is how the hell is Bud Black still managing the Rockies? And I know they haven't given him a lot to work with either, but this is all time embarrassing bad. The body language on the players is bad. You look at the dugout. It's just a mess right now.
Speaker 2: So how Freedlom was crying during a press conference like, yeah, give up on us, And it's like.
Speaker 1: I mean, so, how does Bud Black still have a job? What they just don't care? Is that what's going on here? They just don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: No, I think they do. But I think it's one of those things that the expectations where you were not going to really be a winner. What are you served by firing mid season a manager for a team that is awful when you knew you were going to be awful, and what you're building for end of the year should be gone, should one hundred percent be gone, but they I guess I can't speak to the culture, but the construction of the team has been pretty piss poor overall. The I don't know the maturation of the young players. It's not consistent, you know. I mean, Totally is coming back, but Tolia kind of fell off. So yeah, I think this is simply just like, oh, just lovable losers. There's no reason to create a big fire mid season when we were always going to be bad. Let them finish it out. I think they move like Clint Hurtle into like another spot into the team, and then they'll just I think they'll just revamp that Already in the all season.
Speaker 1: Clinton Hurdle already a manager of fire. Like That's what I mean. The organization is just so screwed. Yeah, the environment is impossible to win in. You can't get free agents to go there, especially for pitchers. I know they do pretty well in terms of attendance, Like I get it, you know, the Rockies are still a place where people like to go watch baseball. But until they move that team indoors in a controlled temperature environment, I just don't think they're going to be able to and it's an old stadium too. I mean, was it ninety three right when the expansion happened with the Rockies right coursefield, So it's not the youngest of stadiums. Right. It was very nice, especially for its time. I'm sure it's one of the few I haven't been to. I don't know if you've been there, but I gotta say, like, at a certain point, you have to look at this organization and say, Okay, we had one magical run, we had a couple good teams in the late nineties when everybody was roight it up. What are we doing here? What are we doing here as an organization? We're just gonna keep losing, or we're gonna get some good baseball people here, get a good plan together and figure it out, because top to bottom, it's just not working fantasy otherwise. I mean, when you can't score runs for Fantasy in Colorado, that's a problem. That's a giant red flag. Whodat has a question for us? Who do I drop Francisco out? Oh? Sorry? Do I drop Francisco Alvarez to activate Ivan Herrera? Is that a movie you want to make?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to do that. I gotta look at Francisco Alvarez. I gotta look at his stats because I'm not sure where he's been. My gut is to say that I do not want to do that, even though I really like Herrera. Alvarez is already over a nice three hundred batting average.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to a higher power ceiling for sure, probably a lower batting average floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's a little bit of a higher ceiling there also offensively, like the guys are around him, like Juan Soto's heating up. There's just a lot of RBI opportunities. I'm definitely gonna I'm gonna stick to after looking at this, I'm gonna stick to my no here on Herrera. There's only a handful of guys that I think are justified, like you're not going to drop for whether it's Agustin or a guy like Ivan Herrera. I think Herrera comes back in and he's like catcher eleven or twelve. Francisco Alvarez is probably catcher eight or nine or something like that and has a better upside.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the bullpen for a second. Chad Green picked up his first save of twenty twenty five, with a scoreless ninth inning against the Angels. Now, Hoffman had worked back to back games, so they're giving him a break. But he wasn't great in those games. So should we be on alert here with the Chad Green stuff a little bit here for on the closer watch, potentially, I'd.
Speaker 2: See, No, I don't. I think it's always fun to pay attention to these if you're in the speculative market, sure, but I think they're pretty locked in with Jeff Hoffman. He's the guy, so I'm not cutting anything of significance. And I think we've talked about a lot of other guys, you know, Like I know Shelby is still on some even Ginkle. But Shelby and Ginkle are on like weird ground for a lot of people. I'd rather have them than speculate on Chad Green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. I see a lot of folks, you know, but Tunda is in there talking about you know. I was in you know, Colorado during October. It was amazing people talking about you know, it's a great place. It is a great.
Speaker 2: Colorado is great. That baseball team is the worst on the planet, I know.
Speaker 1: But like, no matter how great the ballpark is no matter how good the attendant, Like if you have good attendance and you have people who are still excited about being Rockies fans and all of that stuff, I understand, But how often do we see a team now go thirty plus years with the same ballpark, right, Because that's basically what we're doing here. We're thirty plus years into the same ballpark. And I think it's time to evaluate with the mile high issue of the elevation and what it does to pitchers and what it does to the baseball for hitters. Instead of hating this massive outfield, kind a controlled environment make that difference. And I want to say that it probably can if you scientifically look into it, and we have all the data now and we have, you know, really good signs behind a lot of these ballparks now in the engineering space to make a better environment for baseball. But like it's a little bit more even that you could. Know. What I'm saying is you can't get Corbyn Burns to go sign there in the off season, no matter how much money you give him, he ain't going there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess my argument, I know what you're saying. I think it makes sense but like, what do you want them to do? It's a billion billion dollar endeavor that would take probably five to ten years to even consider and get public fund. Like it's and this team sucks and they can't get anybody to get there. Look at what just happened with the A's. They couldn't get anything and then their their their movement on if I don't know how they get.
Speaker 1: Billions of dollars. Area has not been a good area for a very long time. It's not been a destination spot. You know, Denver is great.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the area in northernt that part.
Speaker 1: Of the Bay Area, the Oakland is not exactly same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess Alameda is not.
Speaker 1: And I got to tell you San Francisco is not exactly you know, the the hot spot it used to be either. You know, they've got a lot of issues there in that city. So I'm just saying, like, you know, the Bay Area, I think that was one where that was a long time coming. The Denver area is still destination, you know, anything around Colorado in that spot is still destination. Still a lot of money going around there. I just think it's time I want to ask you about Dean Kremer, who was at a seven e ray but over his last two starts he's gotten it down to five. The last two starts have been really solid. Seven innings yesterday to against the Twins, pretty good opponent, eight strikeouts. I know the era is disastrous, and I know he's not exactly you know, a flamethrowing kind of guy that you're like, oh, yeah, Dean Kremer is going to be the next ace of my fantasy rotation. But should people be paying attention to these last two starts because the last two have been solid for Kremer? Is he turning a corner?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna respectfully saying yes, he's turning in a corner. But no, do I have like any outwurs in him? Okay, maybe as a spot starter in really good situations, I think that's where you can pay attention to. But it's a fifteen percent k percentage. It's still an expected era that's near four and he's giving up barrels over ten percent right now. So he's running into some good starts. Maybe he's going to level out. I think he's a solid streamer against lower teams like the Rockies. Otherwise I'm probably not trying to keep him and hold him into my rotation.
Speaker 1: Game over once to know, do I drop Sean Murphy four Ivan Herrera that one, I'm more apt to you.
Speaker 2: That one's a lot closer, and I'm pulling up Sean Murphy. But Sean Murphy, I believe, at least in the early onset was doing good. Yeah, his batting average is absolutely tanked again. He's back down to two twenty five. Get a big homer run K percentage stinks. Yeah, you can drop Sean Murphy for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So we're gonna put a Rockies poll up there, and look, I get it. It's fun, it's a nice place. I get it. But the baseball has been bad for a very long time. And the decision making has been bad too. When you give Daniel Murphy a big contract with a no knee issue, when you give Chris Bryance a contract of that magnitude, I know that was a big investment. They tried to, you know, go all in there, and he had a lot of health issues and that hasn't worked out. So some of the bigger investments that they've made have been disastrous, right, not just bad, but just disastrous. So I understand, but the problem is you're not really doing a great job of prospecting with the Welsh, you know what I mean, Like you're you're not bringing up a lot of guys that people are getting excited about developmental you know, even to the age where they had you know, Carlos Gonzalez and those guys. But like again, injuries once again continue to they used to take them.
Speaker 2: A really interesting thing too, is like instructional leagues are kind of optional and rookie there was like three or four years ago the Rockies didn't take part in like they weren't having a rookie ball team a complex, and they didn't do instructs, like they just didn't take part in a lot of stuff that was really solidly developmentally and then they changed and did it. So them and the Angels have always been a big question out here in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's get to the Royal something positive. You're wit four for five, two steals, a great day for him and blah blah blah. Chris Bubach agains the White Sox seven innings, picked up another W ten nothing victory of the Worlds just powdered the White Sox a great day for Boobach, who I think is one of these early guys. If you picked him up early on, if it went undrafted in some leagues he did. You gotta be loving life right now. He's been terrific. And Bobby Witt, I'm trying to get himself. I think back into that MVP conversation. You know, Aaron Judge is just so far and away, just cyborg more than human right now. I think that's the best way to describe it. Eventually that comes down to earth. But Bobby Witt not missing a beat here. What'd you think of the Boobach start yesterday against the White Sox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Boobich is just holding true and this is what we've wanted. This is why we were pretty aggressive at the beginning of the season to pick him up. I watched that first start of the year and you just saw how aggressive he was, how that fastball just kind of hides. The secondaries were good, and we are now six weeks and five six weeks into the season and it has been relatively consistent. He is a stronghold and I think he's a hold to the level that you can take on a couple bad starts, you know, you could even if he has like here's a not great one, here's a not great one. It's not a quick trigger finger like some of these.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like take okay, let me ask you this real quick. Boombach or Gavin Williams, who's going today and who's kind of had the up and down?
Speaker 1: Who would you rather boom bitch? Yeah? Booh, he's terrible for the most part.
Speaker 2: What about Shane bo Shane Boss has kind of come back down too. I think it's Boombach too. Eighteen runs over the last four games for Boss. The Boss had the big strikeout stuff. I think Boobach over him too.
Speaker 1: Here's another all the Herrera questions today, It's Herrera Day. Everybody get ready for Ara. I agree August Augustin or Herrera. I would go Herrera to better line up around a better protection. Let's get to a question from Miktunda. Question for you guys Saturday with Toash Bradley, Joe Ryan and Rangers swore is who do you choose uh.
Speaker 2: Or Sunday Al contract. He's saying, choose your choose your day Saturday, Taj Ryan, Ranger or Sandy Slash Sunday Al contra Polanco and Efflyn coming back, which with my league settings, I can only start one of those days worth of pitchers, so that's weird. So Saturday we get Ryan, Bradley and Suarez, or Sunday we get out Contra.
Speaker 1: It's so easy, so easy, Saturday, it's not even close. But I do like the name Sunday al Contra. So although I would be nice to see you know that start as important, I want to see Sandy do well against a White Sox team that just got destroyed by Bubla. Like Bubola is great, but like Sandy, this is your opportunity to take advantage of a subpar line up. I got one guy Sunday. Excuse me, Sunday al Contra. I want to see a case.
Speaker 2: Of the He's at a case of the Mondays, though, so we need to get back to Sunday Sundays over Mondays.
Speaker 1: You know also is at a case of the Mondays lately, Jack Lighter Jack Lader gave up four runs, walked four guys, five and third innings in a loss to the Red Sox yesterday. His last three games here we go. These are just numbers with no feelings, just numbers. Last three games eight point three one E thirteen innings, twelve and runs, ten walks a k's can you say Nepo, baby Welsh? Can you say it?
Speaker 2: I still don't know what you're getting out of this.
Speaker 1: I don't think your life is overrated. I'm saying he has gotten way tiny chances. I'm saying he is not that great and if his name was not lighter, he would not be in the major leagues right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just still do not agree with I know you want to be so right on this. I said he didn't give up foreign runs, gave up four and runs. He's not great, Like I'm also gonna say that, like, I don't think he's incredible.
Speaker 1: He's not good.
Speaker 2: He gave up some hard He's not good.
Speaker 1: Can we get to He's not good?
Speaker 2: He's in between at best in fantasy. He's like maybe a streamer at this point, Like he is showing inconsistencies. He was walking again. He gave up four walks of feign runs, but he went five the hard hits. Actually he didn't give up like an incredible amount of hard hits. You want to see more swing and miss stuff, which we didn't really get out of this. His slider curveball didn't do anything. It was really all fastball. Only a seventeen percent whiff rate, which is definitely stinks. Called strike rate twenty six percent kind of sucks, but mainly the the slider's got to get the workoff of fastball and slider. We're both under fifty percent. So like he is a below average pitcher. Is he like the worst? No? Can he bounce back? I think so with that slider? So I don't know, this is a this is a weird one. We always do that. It was like, yeah, if he would have gotten seven runs, I'd been like, boy, it's going in the way of where Joe with it.
Speaker 1: Well, the biggest statistical comp over the last fifteen days over three games is Quinn Priester. Do you think he's any good? No?
Speaker 2: I think I don't. I don't think he's that great. But he is a major league starter. So again that's like, now, are these.
Speaker 1: Major league starter for the entire year for that team? No? Way, no way?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Well they got Logan Henderson rumor coming up again. I guess we also have to define what are we talking about? Uh, is he not good fantasy or is he not good real? I think He's like, he's below average in real life and he but he's got a great slider and a power fastball, but his command issues are coming back. He's worse as a fantasy options. So I don't disagree with you. They're like, I'm not. There's a gajillion other starts I could have than Jacklider, and instead of like holding onto a Jack Lder, you get streaming spots in here. Jack is simply a pick on a bad team streamer until he starts throwing strikes again.
Speaker 1: Okay, I understand Lighter was a good college prospect, but I also understand that he hasn't necessarily lit the minor leagues on fire for a very long period of time where you would say, yes, this is our future in the rotation. And that's where I'm struggling with it. Sandy al Contra or Lighter rest of season. Oh Sandy, thank you.
Speaker 2: Even though financially Statilicia.
Speaker 1: Was asking here. So I'm not discounting the fact that he was once upon a time a prospect that, again from a draft standpoint, made sense. He was a big time college pitcher, which brings us to today's Microsoft Chasing Challenger segment. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible. Business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities, and Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions, which we're gonna have some on the show today. We're gonna have some AI solutions. Whatever challenges you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say, bring it on. And in this segment, we're gonna talk about the challenges facing Major League Baseball teams who get obsessed with the last name. Jackson Holliday I still think is going to be a good player. Cavin Bigio was not. Boba Schett has been very good at times, not so good at others. But Jack Lder Jack Glider has no business being in that rotation right now. In my opinion. Jack Glider is not a guy that has a minor league resume that jumps off the page to you. But he has the last name that's familiar and is still very tied into a big network that has three letters in it MLB. And as far as I'm concerned, if his last name was not lighter and he didn't have the family lineage, he would not get as many opportunities as he is getting. He is getting far too many, and he has been bad far more than he's been good as a professional, as a college pitcher. I totally understand the investment. I get it. I understand why of the expectations were high, maybe too high because of his last name. Perhaps that's the double edged sword of being a lighter. But at the end of the day, sorry, folks, Jack Leider continues to go out there and get his bell rung. And I'm sitting here waiting for my six starts in a row where I get to call him a good pitcher because I guess what, I feel pretty comfortable that period of time has not happened in twenty twenty five, And that, my friends, is the Chasing Challenger segment. Remember Microsoft AI solutions and power you to take bold steps forward to help drive your business, and with Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com slash Challengers to learn more. I'll face in this segment.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just I just don't know what game is here. I'm gonna I'm gonna chang. I'm gonna add a segment and.
Speaker 1: Him as a guy with an eight e R over his last three starts that I keep telling everybody is overrated, has not done what he's supposed to do to get to where he's gotten to, and I like guys to earn it. There you go.
Speaker 2: Well the it's I've laughed because someone put in here is going to say you conveniently left out Vladimir Guerrero Junior, who's pretty good, friend of Tatis Junior, who's pretty good. This is some good nepo.
Speaker 1: And then and there's a lot of other guys. We can go down the list. I'm just saying what Neo baby is. It's getting out of hand of MB a little bit.
Speaker 2: I got one for you. Then let's move. I know I put this later in the show, but this is a perfect transition and it's not Wait, let's wait, Cali, if you can pull this up, how about this Nepo baby, I got one for you. I was out at the complex yesterday, Joe, and we'll just get this out of the way, and I saw Manny Ramirez's kid, Lucas Ramirez, and I got his first professional home run and this will lead to something. Can we show that video speaking of let's let's have a Nepo baby segment. It's all NEPO baby. Okay, So Lucas Ramirez playing in the Complex League getting his first homer. I'm still transitioning to see if we can get it here to my boys. Because you guys got the video. Here we go. Yeahs do you want to talk? And I got a better story for you. I love the NEPO babies. You want to know why because I'm getting some of my best friends, ladies and gentlemen. We have a new best friend added to the Welsh list ladies and gentlemen, not lucas well. Lucas Ramirez did follow me. But are you ready for this drum roll? Manny Ramirez is now my best friend because ladies and gentlemen, you can see it right there. Not only did he comment on the video look at the top, Manny Ramirez is following the Welsh on Instagram. We are now best friends. So I just want everyone to know it's not just the kid NEPO baby. I'm all here for the Nepo babies, but I'm also playcating to their father's new best friend. Of the Welsh in the show Manny Ramirez, all hail the NEPO babies.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go. I'm all for that. May Or Miror should be in the Hall of Fame. Kid looks good like the swing. He's got a good frame obviously, So hey, I think this is lovely. But again, you know, it's my best friend. As somebody who came up the hard way. I don't like it when people get opportunities they shouldn't get necessarily.
Speaker 2: Oh you know my father, Chris Welsh. The picture could be my dad. I am a NEPO fantasy baby. So just there you go.
Speaker 1: Look for every major leaguer that's been you know, great, uh when they have their kids, there's been two that have been terrible, you know, and that never get there.
Speaker 2: But look, yeah, Cavin Bigio has not been good.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, like we can go on and on. There's plenty of those guys, but typically we do get some of these kids of major leaguers to actually come in and be very good. I'm getting in there, you go. Some guy named Griffy was pretty good, you know, I remember him.
Speaker 2: But you know, like I said, pretty good baby.
Speaker 1: Pretty good NEPO baby, but he earned it, right. The guy was unbelievably good. The guy was undeniable. Barry Bonds pretty good. Can't call him a NEPO baby, right. So a lot of them have this advantage of having all of the things in front of them and all of the platform in front of them to become great players, not just in tutelage, but also in the scouts to look at them, whereas a lot of other players don't get that right. And I'm just saying, at a certain point, what in the minor league profile jumped off the page with Jack Lighter where all of a sudden people had to go, oh my god.
Speaker 2: But I don't know why we're still talking about it. It was a college profile. He's one of the most prolific college pictures for.
Speaker 1: But to get to the big leagues, you can't just live off your college profile. If that was the case, then uh god, what's Nick Senzel would be MVP of the league right now? But he's not.
Speaker 2: He wasn't a player, but he wasn't like But again, like you're saying, like there minor league, he didn't like his college profile wasn't just like he was this average cool pitcher. He was one of the best pitchers in college baseball, like that was what got him to being drafted in high.
Speaker 1: Lever begrudging his draft capital, I'm biggrudging his major league capital. That he continues to get opportunities in the big league.
Speaker 2: Which is even a full season.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Again, like I said, if you look at the era and you look at the whip and all the performances of the minor leagues, a good run does not give him again the profile that he's getting. It's not fair. Let's go to another subject that I'm sure I'm wrong. Oh yeah, let's talk about Uh well, let's talk about Evan Carter. Oh for four, another Ranger, another Ranger, two for thirteen, Maybe they start evaluating their system. So he's two for thirteen since he's been back in the in the major leagues. I don't get it. Explain this to me like I'm a four year old Welsh because I don't understand why he keeps getting opportunities to I.
Speaker 2: Mean, well, I think like you don't just like give a well, you don't just give a guy an opportunity once and then you're just like all right, I'm done with it forever. Like they want to go back to it, but it's looking bad, like he cannot hit lefties, the power's gone. What he actually ironically, he actually does have a hit against lefties right now, but he's he showed no power versus lefties right now. He looks pretty lost. He's not hitting anything hard. I don't know, But again, you have to kind of keep going down this right That's why Jordan Maaller comes up. This is why options keep happening with players like who else are they? Who do they need to hand this ball to? You've got to see what you've got in Evan Carter. And unfortunately for teams, unlike fantasy owners, we can make a decision off of three games, they've got to make it off of a couple seasons. But to your point in not liking him, doesn't look good right now, and I don't think he's gonna be up for long. Even though they got rid of Leoti Tavers, I'm not so sure he can stick around for longevity, especially hitting like this.
Speaker 1: And my big point on the Waiver Show that we did earlier this week is he is not hitting great in the minor leagues, so it's not like he was. Also, he's not like he was hitting three six and you're like, Okay, he's figured out. We got to bring him up. We got to see what he can do now. And not hitting on the PCL. I mean, you know, more places like that. This is likely going to endear you, I think to anybody who knows anything about baseball. Loup Bund has a question morning, gentlemen. Did I mess up trading Maze for Kateel Marte? No?
Speaker 2: No, see that bomb last night, bro Kittel's bomb, which, by the way, he just good in the box and it was barely a homer. Maybe let's not do that, but no, you did great. Man.
Speaker 1: Listen, here's the thing about Mis's performance yesterday. It was great, but it was against the Rockies and the doubleheader. Okay, so just understand that. You know, in that first game too, they had some guys sitting. You have to understand the context too. Miz's strikeout rate was at six point something before that game. Just because he had an eight strikeout performance against the Rockies does not cure all the eels. It's great performance, and I like my still as a pitcher. This is still the cell high point. This might even be the higher cell point. Well, would you agree at this stage, it's like all that performance, maybe mis you can get something uncomfortably oddly good for Casey Mize off of how good he was this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm into just like throwing it out there and seeing where people are are at on myz. But yeah, I think I think like this is like the time to start putting those questions in. He's still a little bit of one of those like, you know, is it gonna be worth what the return is going to be than just holding on to see if he continues being like a sub three era guy. But I think it's I think you're in the rain where you should start having those conversations.
Speaker 1: Rest of season Meser Lodolo, I know Loddol has been knocked around a little bit lately.
Speaker 2: I think I would lean Mies because the strikeout up tick, Lodolo has dropped that up to h.
Speaker 1: So that's a little concern. Speaking of dropping the ball, let's talk about the elephant in the room. The real reason Shock.
Speaker 2: We didn't start the show with this show because.
Speaker 1: What happens is the start of the show begins and people start to file in. I wanted to get I wanted to give some people time to warm up. I wanted to get my Jack Lyder Joester Damas and I haven't Carter joesterra Dramas because I had a major Joster Damas just this week. Earlier on the show, Raphfield Devers with two for three with a homer. That's great. After the game, Raffield Devers told reporters that he's not going to play first base, and you've got a quote here from him about the why. So here we go from Rafaeld Devers interpreter. I know I'm a ballplayer, but at the same time, they can't expect me to play every single position out there in spring training. They talked to me and basically told me to put away my glove, that I wasn't going to play any other position. But DH so right now, I just feel like it's not appropriate decision by them to ask me to play another position. It was the GM that I spoke with. I'm not sure what he has what he has with me. He played ball, and I would like to think that he knows that changing positions like that isn't easy. End quote from Devers through his interpreter. Now, some people have said that's not exactly Some of the things he was saying, we can discuss that further. But well, here's the thing with Raffaeld Devers. I understand where he's coming from, and this is an ego thing. And I'm sure at some point his teammates are saying to him, well, you know you've got you know, we got your back. We understand you know. It's it's tough. We're all players and we all have thresholds in pride and all that stuff too. However, there's a little bit of thing called money that's going on around here, right, and Raffield Devers is going to pay twenty seven million dollars this year. He is going to have basically two hundred and fifty six million dollars in total coming to him from the Red Sox here over the next couple of years. So Welsh, explain this to me. Because when someone's paying you two hundred and fifty million dollars to pick up a glove again in a bad situation that caught you off guard, I think you're supposed to do that. I think that's what you do for business. And Rapfield Devers is basically saying stick it, I don't care if your feelings.
Speaker 2: That's what he's saying yeah, I mean this was one of the outcomes. It was either that the Red Sox were incompetent and weren't willing to maybe they are, by the way for not having a depth, but that they were unwilling to have the tough conversations about it, or they had the conversation and Devers was not willing to do it, and then we found out yesterday it was, oh, Devers is not willing to do it. This is something a player that is looking for their next contract would not do or would be advised to not do, because this is this is being a bad teammate. Like I don't. I don't even if they're saying they were saying, like, oh yeah, the locker room's find like no, this is just being a bad teammate. You can also do this whole like it is tough, and it probably is. It's tough to change positions in season, but give me a break. Winners don't make excuses. Winners win, and winners find ways to win. So I can't imagine guys like Bregman and Story and Duran and stuff are super happy about a player that won't do whatever it takes to win. I think it's a horrible look. But he's got his money, he's flexing his time with the organization. There's a lot of quotes out there too that looks like he's pseudo kind of calling out the organization. I think it's as bad as bad can be. And I think the hardcore Red Sox fans hardcore are on two camps, either hardcore defending or hardcore out on him, and frankly, I would be out. I think this is just bad across the board, so many bad things in the profile we've seen. He's been mediocre. He cried about having to move off of it. Now he's like, oh, you took my ball away, so now I'll never play, and he's doing that, and I think it is bad, bad, bad, I personally, to me, this is the type of thing where it's like you just you try to see if you can find a match to get him out of town and get him in here, because this is bad for the team. Maybe it's good for Devers, it's bad for the team. And anytime we're solely focused on the player's benefit, then the team's benefit, I think you've lost the locker room. So I think this is really garbage. But you know, I know there's some people. I've had some people out there that are like, oh, you know, can you blame Devers? It's like no, sure, he's like a little pissy about it, but they didn't take money away from him. They took his stupid glove away bad. They didn't take any money.
Speaker 1: On the team. So he was he was hurting the team and now his ego couldn't handle it. So now he's going to let his ego hurt the team further by pouting about it. And I gotta tell you, Welsh, I think this is you mentioned his next contract. He's been thirty six years old before this contract is up.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This was it.
Speaker 2: This is com That's why he's comfortable doing that.
Speaker 1: And I know you're seeing a lot of money getting thrown around here, and two hundred and fifty million doesn't sound like as much as it used to, but still a lot of money Raphael Devers, And I agree with you, Welsh. I think this is going to come to a head at some point, and Raffaeld Devers may not be with the Red Sox by the end of this season. One thing, the offseason or at the trade deadline. I could see them saying, you know what, this is just not working out. We like the tone of what we've got going. It's a lot for the manager to have to deal with now. Right on top of which, we've got all these prospects coming through the organization that we like. We expect Causes to be back, hopefully healthy next year, and we still believe in his ability. I know Raffield Devers is a very good player at his best, but this has been an absolute disaster, and maybe it's been mismanaged and miscommunicated. You could say all those things. At the end of the day, I think he's being a big baby about it. Can we show the big baby picture? There you go.
Speaker 2: He is, he is about but he's on the field though, so's you know, no gloves on the field.
Speaker 1: There's no glove.
Speaker 2: That's true. He doesn't want to play.
Speaker 1: Away. And I'm not saying it's easy to learn a new position. I'm not saying any of that is easy. I'm saying is there's players who play multiple positions in major legue base all the time just to get in the lineup, just to stay at the major league level. And I get it. You're a star, you're a stud. You're a big time player. I understand all of that, but it's all ego at the end of the day, and you're looking around and the Red Sox nation is going to turn on him and turn on him fast for this. I'm sorry. I don't see them supporting him. Yeah, send him to the Rockies and that'll teach you. At the end of the day, Devers is in a really precarious spot and he is going to basically ego himself out of Boston. I think that's what he wants to do, and I think that's what he's going to do, and I think the Red Sox will be better off for it. I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 2: The one thing I want to say, if someone put in there said there's bad translation, that's fine, especially if you want.
Speaker 1: To I mentioned that. If the top I mentioned no, I know, but people said that's I want to say, But you know what, that's what's out there, and that's also on you, Raphael Devers.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that I don't even care about that stuff, like if you want to pick people like, oh it's bad translation, and about the manager. The only there's only one piece of the thing that actually matters is if they asked him to play first, and he's not willing to story. All the other stuff is just more talking points for local radio and for people to get more pissed off about into light the fire. So whatever's lost in translation, okay, understandable. But if what's not lost is that they asked him to play first and he said no, that's the important piece. That's a bad teammate, regardless of whatever. And there's zero point zero chance if he was a free agent in a year or two that he would be doing Yeah that as the fire would come out, and unless that go on, the.
Speaker 1: Glove would go on. The passifire would come out, your one hundred percent right. And look here's Todd. He's a Red Sox fan. For the other oppost part of this, I still support him. I don't want him talking to the meat the rest of the season. That's fine, but it's already happened, it's already been done. We already know we didn't want to move off third base. We already know we didn't want Bregman there. He felt like someone was taking his position. And you know what, sorry, you had the option, which is take a thousand ground balls, you know, every week and get better at your position, become a great defender. She said, work ethic, so you can fix things like fielding right, Like I can't make somebody six', four two hundred pounds athlete. Size the things you can fix at the major league, level she, could, work you can become a better. Defender Pete alonzo was not the greatest. Defender he worked his tail off to become at least a pretty good first baseman in The.
Speaker 2: These guys all work on this. Stuff by the, way they all work on it during shagging sessions and. Stuff it's not that. Big but HERE i want to ask you. This do you think he gets booed today after all this. HAPPENED i think he's Gonna are they In boston?
Speaker 1: TODAY i got to look at the schedule in the, MEANTIME i decided, No they're In Kansas. City, yeah well we'll. See we'll see what happens next couple of. Days And Romean gonzalez is hurt now.
Speaker 2: Too he's getting booed the first game back In. Boston.
Speaker 1: WATCH i think he should be speaking of.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: ALSO i decided to put INTO ai into CHAT gpt a little, BIT a nice little story About Raffaeld, devers and it goes a little something like. This one sunny, Afternoon Raffael, devers the beloved third basement of The Red, sox is enjoying a routine. Practice what a mystery voodoo doll falls from the stands when he accidentally touches, it and he magically is transformed into a, baby complete with diype and. Pacifier as chaos unfolds around, him his teammates and fans are baffled by the sight of their star player in such an absurd. State now trapped in the body of an, Infant Raphael devers must navigate the challenges of a toddler world while trying to communicate with his confused teammates through comical scenarios like crawling onto the field during a game and attempting to swing a tiny. Bat oh. Hilarious luckily he wasn't grabbing a big. Glove valuable lessons about teamwork and humility will be. Learned and, meanwhile his best, friends oh, wait he doesn't have any friends on the team to help reverse the. Spell so as they work together as an, Organization devers discovers the importance of, family friendship and the joy of. Play ultimately a heartfelt moment perhaps with the, fans and a final showdown at the game leads to the spell being broken when he grabs that first basement's, mitt restoring him to his adult self just in time for The Red sox that win a, championship and, that my, friends is embracing the child. Within so there you, go a heartwarming s story From ai About Raphaeld.
Speaker 2: Devers let's, See i'm surprised THAT i thought the whole story would have been translated like where also be?
Speaker 1: True let's move to the Rookie loki today The cubs are Promoting Kate horton this. WEEKEND i would venture to say tomorrow it seems like what we're. Getting Uh, so of, course Follow welsh you for all the prospect. Stuff he's such a good job getting, these uh these videos here you want to see some of the guys who are hitting baseballs all over place in the minor. Leagues follow The welsh is at is? It The welsh over on the ig and The twitter machine. Too the three, Ups brandon fought six and the third scoreless Innings Junior camenaro and people were bitching about. Him well he heard. You he had a home run At casey myis was. Terrific we mentioned That yamamoto not. Good he's on the, downs a rare down For. Yamamoto five, runs five, innings four k's against your D. Backs that had to feel. Good gotta love beating The, dodgers, Right.
Speaker 2: Welsh it happened later. Too it was a grand slam By gabby and then you could tell got. In but it happened a little bit. Later yamamoto was good, Early, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Nice Those eventually things fell off the. Rails. There heston cures that over four to three. Strikeouts Pete fairbanks's first blow and save injuries not too. Many Emma sheehan remember. Him he might need him at some point for The. Dodgers he's facing live. Hitters we'll keep an eye on that for More dynasty keeper. Purposes You darvish face live hitters as, well and there is going to be. Okay by the, way he's gonna make his next stark go.
Speaker 2: AHEAD i FORGOT i was there for The darvish. One it happened earlier in the.
Speaker 3: Day he.
Speaker 2: Didn't he wasn't at the. GAME i went to the. Facility he pitched three, innings forty to fifty, pitches tons of off speed. Stuff Jill muskro was there watching. Him darvish was super. Happy after he was hitting all his, spots he looked pretty, good didn't get hit too. Hard and then he jumped in an uber black and it looked like to, me looked like that was the type of packing. Up AND i tweeted this that he was heading out to the airport for a, rehabitance not In. Arizona But darvish pushed the. Innings it was pretty hot, out everything was, good he was. Healthy so good reports On, darvish AND i completely forgot about that that we're not quite best friends quite. Yet think you do Have, pago but, yeah from, you we want to put him on there.
Speaker 1: Soon WHAT i do With, Butler i'll feel be consist Of Meryld, Tattis carolyn Duran at. Utility while you've you're in good shape, here you just sit On butler because eventually injuries will, happen something will, happen and you'll Need butler. AGAIN i just traded For butler yesterday in a keeper league where his contract was only like three. BUCKS i traded like a thirty Dollars santander And Kobe mayo for five bucks For, butler And i'm willing to take that.
Speaker 2: Risk that person's not going to be a fan of yours. After that's a great. TRADE i Agree john Buying butler right, NOW.
Speaker 1: I am, too SO i just bought. Him so just be. Patient and you, know if you want to sell off one of those other, pieces you, can BUT i would and they're all too.
Speaker 2: Good let's get to the best bets Of friday.
Speaker 1: With joey p and The. Welsh let's talk about The phillies on the run line minus one and a half plus one twenty. Six let's go fight And phills Against Gavin williams and The. Guardians The guardians having all kinds of. Issues Randy vasquez look normally not a big strikeout, pitcher but with The padres going against The Colorado rockies and The rockies striking out as much as they, DO i think we can get to three and a. Half, welsh what do you think over three and a half and plus, Money i'll take a.
Speaker 2: Shot it's a GAM i actually kind of like that. ONE i was staring at that one. TODAY i just want to let you, know.
Speaker 1: Three and a half k's pretty. Good and speaking of the Devil Lawrence. BUTLER i think he's starting to get hot. AGAIN i like What i'm. SEEING i know they dropped him in the, order but still had a home run the other. DAY i think things might turn. Around he's got The yankees this. Weekend let's go plus one oh five for him to score or. Run, welsh what do you have for the?
Speaker 2: People all, right, Jump i'll get back to my bets, here jumping in for my best bets of the. DAY i have got a couple total. Bases we're gonna go With Corbyn carroll one point five over total bases. Today like that Setup Juan, soto he's been kind of. Hot we're gonna go over one point five total bases as. Well that is plus. Money AND i do want to tell YOU i wanted to Go, colorado but they are all juiced to. HELL i mean it. Is Jackson merrill is two point five total bases and it's barely plus. Money same thing For, tatis, thing same thing for the whole. Crew Hit i've never seen it, BEFORE i haven't seen it, often but the hit RUN rbi total For Jackson merrow was three point five. Over so you're getting some absurd. Numbers you'd love to play, There but Today Corbyn carol Won soto both on the total. Bases and Then i'm gonna pick On Gavin. Williams i'm gonna take a strikeout under five point five. Strikeouts we're gonna go with the under on. Him it is against The. Phillies phillies have definitely had some strikeout, issues BUT i think this is more about when we get that lame Duck Gavin williams and he gets banged around a little. BIT i just don't think he's gonna be able to get to strikeouts because Of schwarber And harper getting to. Him So i'm gonna go a little under strikeouts and some over total.
Speaker 1: Bases speaking Of, schwarber two more to come on. That make sure when you're betting use the prop bet cheat sheet as. Well it'll help you get the best values every single. Day get daily prop bet value rankings based on, projections and find the best props like, strikeouts, hits home runs and. More use it now bettingpros Dot com SLASH mlb. Props just download The Betting pros app and remember we got that free trial going on Of Betting Pros premium one week for free when you download it when he use the promo. Code leading off only On Betting. Pros that's where the prop bet cheat sheet. Lives and of, course don't, Forget we've also got leading off for You fantasypros Dot com slash leading off new customers place five dollars bet get two fifteen bonus bets when you went off. FanDuel that's A fantasypros Dot com slash leading off to the, board to the. Board let's see what it looks. Like a couple home runs, yesterday but. Eighteen marty's on a, tear The welsh is still at, Thirteen monkey's at, Twelve sam Missa jersey still up for. Grabs i'm going With schwarber this. Weekend he's got a bunch of right handed pitching staring him in the, face AND i think we're in the middle of one of those Hot schwarber bomb streaks going, On so give Me schwarber. Tonight actually he's at plus three. Sixty where are you going for your home run? Call this is Actually welsh was my alternate, one So i'm sure it's gonna go really.
Speaker 2: Sy, YEAH i love THE i love The schoberfest call that was for me last week and Now i'm gonna go With Fernando Tatis junior all, day just all. Day ridiculous, Numbers. Colorado give Me Fernando Tatis junior for the weekend UNLESS i decide to make a. Change by the, way shout out to everybody that hung out. Here as you know On, twitch we kind of you kind of go up and down as people's subs go over and blah blah blah back over one, hundred and we did it on this stream with quite a few, People so shout out to. Everybody and we had A hawk resubscribe With, Prime we Got derek that, Resubscribed we had some new subscribers L, house so shout out to you guys and appreciate all your. Support we are closing in on one thousand followers on, here which is. Crazy hopefully we can really push that and keeping the subs over one hundred is. Awesome so shout out to The peanuts and The Cracker.
Speaker 1: Jackson here you. Go all, right we'll come back next. Week we'll tell you how Cad horton start, went and Hopefully College shwarber will hit a million home runs And i'll see myself on the board that'll do it for, Us might you? Might that'll do it for, Us but the story of the game goes on for The. Welsh I'm JOEY. P we'll see you next. Time.
Speaker 3: Kids thanks for listening to The Fantasy Pros Fantasy baseball. Podcast if you love the, show the best freeway to support us is by.
Speaker 1: Leaving a positive review On Apple podcasts Or.
Speaker 3: Spotify follow us on, X, instagram and TikTok At Fantasy, pros and subscribe our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy, pros m LB
Speaker 2: Hm