Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Noela.
Speaker 3: They call me Ben. We are joined with our guest producer JJ. The main way, pause way. You may recognize him from luminary works like stuff to blow your mind. Most importantly, you are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. It is the top of the week. We are returning to Strange News. We're going to have some updates. We're going to have several updates. We're going to look at planes, We're going to look at Kansas City. We're going to find a guy who is just killing it with British accents. And there are a ton of headlines. But before we do any of this, have you guys been to Oklahoma?
Speaker 4: You know it's on my bucket list. I haven't, And that maybe not my bucket list, but my list of states that I have not visited.
Speaker 2: To my recollection, I've only been there through song with like.
Speaker 4: Do you mean the musical Oklahoma? Or the Semino or indie band Flaming Lips. They're from Oklahoma City, they claim it. They're one of the few Okay see claiming bands. Oh really quickly, but I just wanted to say I have another nickname for JJ JJ pauseway for the Causeway.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but no Oklahoma. Most of what I know comes from the musical as well. Apparently it's where the wind goes sweeping down the planes.
Speaker 3: It's also, as it turns out, the center of a great controversy that's been making some headlines and needs more attention paid recently. As as of January nineteenth, twenty twenty four, federal jury has convicted too Chinese nationals of human trafficking in Oklahoma related to the cannabis trade. Yeah yeah, true story. Matt Jeff Wang forty six years old and Tong Lynn twenty eight years old have been charged well convicted with conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute cannabis plants. However, that is only the beginning of the story. They have been accused of managing a marijuana grow operation in I feel like we should pause here. So a lot of times people who are pro cannabis. Do not like the term marijuana. Have you guys heard that?
Speaker 4: I haven't, you know, I maybe it's got some buzz attached to it, you know, just from all the years of people saying it with a negative intent.
Speaker 3: You know, I suppose or marijuana madness and old Harry what was it, Harry j Aslingers or Aslinger's very racist tirades and weird vision against.
Speaker 4: Reef for madness, the idea that you know, it was of course largely there's those campaigns and propaganda attempts were targeting minority communities who were seen as like invading our country and taking over our you know, women and children, et cetera, and largely was blamed on and they're crazy because they're smoking this wacky tobacci mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is stuff. There is a lot of racism tied up in this. What we know, however, is that these two guys definitely were doing some dirty stuff. I'd like to go to the statement you can read from Oklahoma City on Justice dot Gov, which says the following. First things First, it's important for us to establish that this grow operation was legally sanctioned. It was licensed by the Oklahoma Medical marijuana authority, and evidence showed that these guys were up to all sorts of skullduggery. Quote. They drove delivery vans disguised as commercial vehicles, including one disguised as an Amazon delivery van, and they went all around town with this. They were known operators who was an open secret. They've also been accused of human trafficking unto sex trafficking. Unfortunately, the idea was they were they were targeting Chinese nationals through any number of online ads and once, like any other trafficking deal, they promised them the moon, and once the people arrived in Oklahoma legally or illegally, they found the the reality of their employment was much different from what had been advertised.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is very strange. It feels tangled to me, Ben, like there's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: As you said, right.
Speaker 5: It's hard for me to understand through some of the writing on the Oklahoma and some of these other places, like what exactly the groups are.
Speaker 2: That are involved in this stuff.
Speaker 5: So there was two guys you mentioned that are arrested with regards to this, but is it are they larger organizations.
Speaker 3: Arrested and convicted? It definitely seems like a larger organization there, Matt, and I'm glad you pointed out the article from the Oklahoma And by Josh Delaney published on January eleventh, twenty twenty four. The headline is this Chinese migrants lured to Oklahoma marijuana farms where victims of sex and labor trafficking Comma. Drummond says. Who is Drummond? Drummond is the Oklahoma Attorney General Jenner Drummond Jenner, first time hearing that name, Yes, yeah, and he is. He is of the same mind there, Matt. He is alleging that foreign cartels and Chinese nationals are are behind this, that it's bigger than two guys. However, there's a there's a weird issue here because Drummond has an agenda, it seems he is. He is describing these crimes all through the lens of the need to secure the southern US border. As anybody in the United States knows right now, the federal government and the government of Texas in particular, are super beefed up about who can exercise control over the border, how people should be treated when they arrive at the border. It's a it's a whole bag of Ravens.
Speaker 4: Silly question, maybe completely irrelevant, but is marijuana legal in Oklahoma or no?
Speaker 3: They have a medical marijuana ah.
Speaker 4: Okay, but they still have operations there and this was one of those, at least the cover story.
Speaker 3: The cover story. Yeah, that's a good way to put it. So Drummond is speaking at a hearing in Washington, d C. In January, and he says, quote, the one thing these criminals have in common is that they have no regard for our laws or public safety. Criminal illegal immigrants are not content with only growing black market marijuana. They also produce and distribute fentanyl, and they engage in sex trafficking and labor trafficking. Oklahoma's law enforcement community fights a constant battle against these evils. And when he's saying this, he is one of three state level attorneys testifying before the Homeland Security Committee. This is a small thing, though, like the entry point into this store, is strange because Drummond and his cohort are primarily attempting to prove that the Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Majorcas has been quote derelict in his duty handling the migrant crisis at the US Mexico border. Yeah, so Wheels within wheels complicated.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, it's a complex set of machinations here. Wow, Okay, So what what is the ultimate takeaway here? Ben in terms of like what the top line, like what's next? Like what what's going on? This is a weird one.
Speaker 3: The ultimate takeaway, unfortunately, is that innocent people have been caught up and are being used as pawns in domestic US politics. The evidence is there that this sort of trafficking operation was real. They're not blowing smoke. It seems that there were international websites and job average avertisements that were specifically targeting poorer people in China or people from rural Chinese communities. The ads were things like, quote, looking for girls under fifty to do purely formal bed labor four days off a month and promise good hygiene. Yeah gosh, I know.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: And none of us have been to Oklahoma. It is currently unclear just how deep this stuff goes. Obviously, the authorities, the Oklahoma AG is ledging that foreign drug cartels and possibly Chinese intelligence they're implying, are kind of building a corridor for people to sneak across the border and get up to all kinds of Shenanigans. But then again, we have to ask that's the motivation on Drummond's part. Is he trying to score political points? Like it feels like he's throwing every possible accusation out there, right, and some of it, honestly feels a little far reaching. Some of it has not been proven, but it does seem that it does seem that overall there is a Chinese drug manufacturing presence in Oklahoma, which I had no idea about. I had no idea that was a thing, or did I.
Speaker 2: It honestly makes me, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It makes me wonder about the Buford Highway corridor and a lot of the businesses, the smaller businesses in like industrial parks that are all along Buford Highway here in Georgia. Sure just about like stuff that probably most inspectors and people that would be looking into things like just local businesses just wouldn't have no idea of what was actually going on in those like larger warehouses.
Speaker 3: That's true. Beauford Highway, by the way, for anybody outside of Atlanta, refers to one of the most interesting parts of the metro area. The best food in Atlanta is on this street. It's called Beauford Highway. We're all fans, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, huge fans.
Speaker 5: And it's just very diverse with with lots of populations from different countries, right, or in pockets where if you're just thinking about maybe an organized criminal element that came from from like internationally and then traveled to the US and needed a place to operate, it seems like potentially a good place to operate.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, it's not much different than like, you know, certain areas in like say New York City, you know, where you've got concentrations of you know, certain groups that maybe have immigrated there and sort of set up a shop and that part of the city, and that sort of becomes a bit of a area where sometimes things like this and flourished because they sort of are their own sort of isolated communities in law.
Speaker 3: Of sure and concurrent concurrent mutually distinct systems of justice right and insular community wherein people are not going to contact the police because they may be threatened by their community. They may fear that if they report a crime, they themselves will hit the long arm of the law and be deported. Right, the silence is enforced, and perhaps it was naive of the three of us to assume that any state would be would not have something like this occurring within it. We do know that Oklahoma has seen in a precipitous rise in grow operations started by criminal organizations, and like many other places in Middle America, Oklahoma has also been witness to an absolute hurricane of fentanyl right which is rolling through the same way meth did inn Appalachia not too long ago. Yikes, guys, I apologize this is a little unfocused still because at least on my end, because again, it leads in so many different directions. I do feel this is something we should examine in an episode, So we're gonna keep this brief. This is primarily a call out if you are a conspiracy realist, you are listening in the Oklahoma area, or you are familiar with Oklahoma, we would like to hear from you. We would like to hear whether or not you think the Oklahoma ag is sort of exaggerating a thing or embellishing it for political points, whether you think this is a real where there's smoke, there's fire situation and oh lord sorry, yah, it's perfect. Let's keep it in because the dogs always know, always trust the dogs also shout out to that Colorado pastor who claims God said that he should pocket one point three million dollars worth of crypto. We're gonna pause for a word from our sponsors and we'll be right back with more strange news.
Speaker 4: And we've returned with more strange news. This one's been kind of off the radar for us, at least for a little while. I don't know if you guys remember the strange story of Nicholas Rossi aka Arthur Knight.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, the.
Speaker 4: Dapper gentleman or is he from from the you know kingdom governor? Now he was much more proper than that. So just a quick catch up this this gentleman not really much of a gentleman if the alleged crimes he committed are to be believed. He essentially was wanted on a warrant for a rape that took place in Utah. It you know, as we know, oftentimes with the criminal justice system, things can take a little bit of time, and sometimes these rape kits get lost in the cracks, you know, when there's not enough funding and there's not enough organization. And we've heard many, you know, horrible stories about what can happen when you know, folks like this go free because there's no evidence to convict them. Well, it turns out that there was a rape kit performed on this alleged victim and that the DNA did match mister Rossi Nicholas Rossi.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And when he, I guess, realized that the jig was up, he fled the country to the United Kingdom, where he surfaced as a new person. This mister mister Knight.
Speaker 5: I just want to say he his last name is Brown, Arthur Knight, Brown, Arthur Knight Brown, and his squire and.
Speaker 3: His government name is Nicholas A. La Vederian.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna lean on y'all to fill in some of the guys about this, because I couldn't remember all of the details. But in you know, kind of reading catching up, the gist of it is that he assumed this identity and uh the UK and then somehow floated the notion that he had terminal cancer. Uh. And then also there was an obituary of some kind. He ended up in the hospital for COVID related illnesses breathing difficulties in the light and through that visit there there was some question as to whether or not this this death scenario is actually true or not, and the authority looked into it and when they you know, caught win. This guy was in this hospital in Glasgow. Uh. They compared his tattoos to interpole records of known fugitives and then got a hit back that this these tattoos matched this alleged rapist Nicholas Rossi. You guys will probably also remember when we originally talked about this. He he basically like made all these public appearances on television in the news where he was like I've been you know, I can't even do it.
Speaker 3: He's a protosantus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's basically like doing this Henry Higgins type, you know, horrible British accent. Like it's almost comical what he's doing. That's the new. Well, we'll get to that. We'll get to that. That's that's that's the latest. But back in this he's on this very high production value interview show and he's with a woman and I can't remember the identity of the woman or or why she was involved, but he's basically wearing like an oxygen mask and to the interviewer, you know, doing this whole routine about how he's been, you know, a victim of mistake and identity, and he can no longer walk because of his illness, and he makes an effort to get up and then does this like really, you know, kind of outlandish stutter step.
Speaker 3: He was framed.
Speaker 4: That was what I was gonna mention. When he was in a coma due to this COVID he was definitely very ill. Uh. He claims that those tattoos were put on him. I remember that from your commentary on this or when you may have brought this story originally, Matt, but you run out the fact that he I don't know for some reason, I'm hearing it in your voice, but the idea that he made these claims that he was tattooed against his will while under you know, in the throes of a coma, for for what reason you know, no one could possibly know.
Speaker 5: Really quickly, really quickly, Let's imagine that scenario actually happens to someone. You go into a coma, you come out, and you've been tattooed.
Speaker 2: How do you.
Speaker 5: Explain that to anybody without sounding like an absolute nutter or liar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the British arlance because there is the just the the level of suspension of this there. If that actually happened to anyone, it would still sound crazy, be very difficult to prove. But also doesn't that sort of successfully leverage somewhat valid distrust in medical authorities, because you know, there's more than one surgeon who just sort of left some stuff in bodies when they were operating.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a good point you both make. It is a relatively interesting grift because it immediately casts aspersions onto like a field of prominence and trust. Right, So he's basically saying, I'm the victim here some horrible, horrible surgeon you know, tattooed me whilst I was slumbering.
Speaker 3: But he never provides a motive. Now, that's that's the thing that's need.
Speaker 4: He couldn't pssibly understand. He's he's just I was once a normal husband. And there's a part too when he's doing these interviews, are he's still clearly I mean no, not not to poke fun, but stuffering from COVID. He sounds kind of like Baine from the Batman movies. You know, he's got this thing going on and it's just such a bit even like there's pictures of him wearing like a frickin' what you would think a cartoon rendering of a British person would be a bowler hat and a pinstriped suit with the tiny cravats. You know, I mean, it's absurd. The guy is like, uh, he gotta give him props, I guess for committing to the bit, because after fighting more than two years, he has now finally been extradited to Utah's fourth District Court, so he is no longer on the run. He's something. You know, the details will emerge, I imagine when when there's more court appearances. But he is sort of you know, their problem now, that court's problem. And he made an appearance wherein he continued with the bit and you were mentioning it earlier. He refers to the judge, who seems very confused and has to be reminded by I believe the problem prosecutor that this man is it was extradited and his you know, has not has refused to give accurate representation of his identity, you know, based on what they clearly absolutely unequivocally know. But the judge, he says, but madam, that is a pure here say, and I would have I would thank you to not besmirch my good good name in this court. And he refers to the judge as what does he say, ben lady milady, and malady does say malady, and then he says something else, some formal britishism for like a judge that there's there's a lady ladyship. He's a ladyship, I believe. He says yeah at one point, and you know, he's like, this is a foce, it's a kangaroo court, you know everything. But so geez, guys, we know how hard it is to fake your own death for good reason, you know. And this guy definitely made a good made a go of it. I wouldn't say a good go, but he does appear to have finally been brought to justice, even if he won't admit it. It does also appear that in the intervening time he's been tied to multiple other sex crimes. Yeah, so this is a gnarly dude, and I don't mean that in the cool surfer parlaance. This guy sucks, you know, if these crimes are to be believe, these alleged crimes.
Speaker 3: Of course, right, you know what, he definitely doesn't have no non Hodgkin lymphoma, which I believe he claimed he had. Is that what he claimed killed him in Rhode Island? Yeah, that he had weeks to live and then had There was a in this kind of half assed pseudo side attempt I think there. I want to say, there was no obituary. I mentioned that. Yeah, yeah, so that was end of February twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: That's right. And then the authorities over there in Scotland yard what have you. I don't remember exactly how or why he was already on their radar to some degree, but there, at the very least was a sense that this was bogus, and they looked into it further, and sure enough they did find it to have been bous. I believe I think that the faking of the own death was was done after he was already kind of being questioned. Isn't that right? I'm sorry, the chronology of it's a little funky, and it's it's it's been a minute. So if I'm getting the order of operations there are wrong, Please let let us know, listeners. But yeah, it would appear that, whether he accepts it or not, his proverbial goose is cooked.
Speaker 5: This is where he has an extensive Wikipedia page.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he was the Internet's main character for a minute, you know, I mean.
Speaker 3: Really everybody gets a turn.
Speaker 4: Yes, So what's what kind of stuff are you seeing on there outside of the realm of these crimes and Shenanigans.
Speaker 3: Huge advocacy advocate for child welfare for a short time.
Speaker 5: Well allegedly, but then there might be those claims might be bocus. There's his involvement with something called Nexus Government.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you it's a proto Santos, like George Santo's looked at this guy and thought, hey man, anybody can do it.
Speaker 5: He was a legislative page in the Rhode Island House of Representatives when he was like a kid fourteen.
Speaker 3: And people described him as brilliant but dangerous. Well, retrospect we know that he also had had, as you pointed out, and only had multiple previous run ins with the medical establishment, I believe. In our previous Strange News segment, we talked about how he really pushed the Providence Journal pretty hard to report his illness and then attempted to also push them to report his obituary and his demise, which as we see, did not actually happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does also appear that he made several appeals against extradition and was finally denied on the fourteenth of December of twenty twenty three. So, just to give credit recredits to BBC reports that he was not identified as a subject until about a decade later due to a backlog of DNA test kits at the state's crime lab. So that's the issue. It's not necessarily things getting lost, it's just this egregious backlog and the fact that it requires physical, you know, humans to test these kits, these rape kits. So yeah, I don't really have anything else to add good to good to this. This seemingly alleged monster and charlatan has been brought to justice, or at least is on the road to being brought to justice.
Speaker 3: Oh, he also edited his own Wikipedia page.
Speaker 4: That makes of course he did, because of course he did.
Speaker 3: A leases he would he would remember that thing Donald Trump would do where he would tall radio stations and pretend to be another guy.
Speaker 4: I do remember there were there are clips of that out there in the world. But Matt, that's probably where the child advocacy stuff comes from, as him like giving himself like, hey, this would make me look like a like a boss.
Speaker 3: So so shout out, uh Noel, if we could before we move on, can we just add this is it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: If I add one more of this guy's aliases, Oh my goodness, please Hyacinth Bucket. Okay, that's hilarious. But even you know, my guys I'm always talking about on the internet.
Speaker 4: Today they pointed out that the name Arthur Knight is just about the most you know, just like the way he dresses, the most cliche, like I'm British name you could possibly imagine, second only to the one that you just said, sounds like a cartoon character in a British animated you know, public television program.
Speaker 3: You're not too far off. Hyacinth Bucket is the name of a character in a British sitcom keeping up appearances.
Speaker 4: So that's well, that's a very good pseudonym. Then, at all, Jesus, he just picked up. He picked a brick comm character.
Speaker 3: He likes the empire.
Speaker 4: He's trying to pass in the child. Dude, it's just the tip of the ice. There's there's there's extended material from this most recent court appearance where he's just everyone seems so confused. The poor judge, and the judge refers to him, which I think is a mistake as as Arthur Knight as mister Knight. Don't you guys see that's a mistake. I don't know. It's clearly been established that he has this personal else he wouldn't have been able to be extra died. But I guess I don't know the details of that side of things, but one would assume that no one is beholden to refer to him by his made up name that he won't stop using. He's like a super villain who gradually and then all of a sudden he drops the accent and you see who he was all along, You know what I mean? Like, what is this guy's deal? He just seems like a nightmare human. But do you think the judge calling him by his fake name is a little inappropriate?
Speaker 5: I don't know how it works with procedure, right if someone is there stating that, like raising your hand, right, and you're gonna testify, but you state your name is something that it is not, how does that work? Yeah, if it's on record that you're a different identity standing trial as that person.
Speaker 3: Guys, he was also he was also the judge just so you know, Oh.
Speaker 4: Scooby Doo situation. Man, he put off the rubber mask and he was he was like a spider man pointing to himself. This is wild. Make sure headspin the level of I don't know, first of all, just like I mean to dig a lie this deep to the point where you're just gonna have to play along with it indefinitely. But at this point the jig is so up you'd think he would just let it go. But then then your mind, you know what though, I'm being victim to him myself, And then a moment like, but what if they got him wrong? You know, I guess that's what he's hoping for. I don't He's a little late for that. But anyway, do you guys have any other closing thoughts on this one?
Speaker 2: Doppel Gangers do exist?
Speaker 3: As a good point met this is also a great story for our friends over at Ridiculous Crime Check.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is very much a kissing cousin to the Santos debacle. Just the levels of lies. Soh the lies we tell. Well, let's take a quick break here, a word from our sponsor, and then we'll come back with one more piece of strange news.
Speaker 5: And we've returned. Gentlemen, let us cast our minds back to last week on this very program Strange News, when we discussed three bodies that were discovered at a home in Kansas City, Missouri. Those three bodies belonged to Clayton mcguinney, David Harrington, and Ricky Johnson. These were three friends who were hanging out along with well at the time when we discussed it before, one other person who rented a home where they all watched a football game together. And then the person who rented the home went to sleep and those three men expired somehow in the backyard of that home. One of the bodies was discovered by one of the fiances of one of the dead people, and then police discovered the rest. They interviewed and questioned the tenant there, and there was no nothing else to be known at the time.
Speaker 3: Oh time window right, We got to mention that three days.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, over the course of so from Sunday, January seventh until Tuesday, January ninth, the family members of the three men who were found dead were gone for three days, and they were attempted to be contacted by family members and friends. No contact was made and again then they were discovered dead. So we have some new information, you guys. The tenant, the fourth person who was there during all of the events, whatever went down that led to three men being dead. The tenant has hired an attorney and the attorney has been speaking out to local news stations. The attorney's name is John Picerno and he is being retained by Jordan Willis. That is the fourth name. We did not name that person last time we spoke about this because it was being withheld by most of the most of the major media outlets. This person is not charged with anything as we record this on Wednesday, January twenty fourth, but the attorney is speaking on his behalf I think more at least according to their story, more as a formality to protect him, make sure there's an attorney speaking rather than him speaking, because it is still there's still an ongoing investigation, a death investigation, not a murder, homicide or any of that investigation, just death investigation. And again police still as of this day, Wednesday, January twenty fourth, they do not suspect any foul play and the autopsy is still being completed, so we still don't have any official cause of death from a medical examiner that's been released or anything like that.
Speaker 3: And can we just mention I think this is super important. Every time the idea of autopsy or forensics comes up in these explorations, we have to acknowledge it is not like the stuff you see on the so called copaganda. It's not like what you would see on fiction shows or even indeed in you know, feature length films. This kind of stuff usually goes to a lab of very hard working folks who are often overwhelmed and often have a backlog of cases. So it is not necessarily conspiratorial nor unusual that it would take it would take a while to get autopsy results.
Speaker 5: Yeah, agreed, Completely agreed, And it is thought that it will take up to another two weeks from today as we record, to receive that information. And really what's most intriguing here would be the toxicology report, because questions have surrounded like how do three grown men end up outside and possibly freezing to death?
Speaker 4: You know, you guys, are you guys watching the new season A True Detective?
Speaker 2: I love it, only seen the first episode thus far.
Speaker 4: Well, then you know that it involves a bunch of grown men that end up outside frozen to death under dubious circumstances. That's how episode one ends. And you know, I've only seen the next episode, of course, but uh that that those are the questions that the true detectives are asking, like what would cause someone to do this? What would cause someone to because in the show they don't have their clothes on either, and they're all in this kind of huddled mass, horror, horrific huddled mass. But that is I wonder what kind of questions the detectives around this case are asking.
Speaker 5: Well, there's there's a lot. So let's jump to some writing by Malik Jackson for Fox four. I believe he was reporting initially. His his reporting is shown up on like NBC affiliates and all these other affiliates locally. But Malik has written about this extensively and it's been picked up by several other sources there locally. So let's let's jump to his reporting out of Fox four. The article's title, if you want to look it up, is details change Again. Fifth friend speaks out after three men found dead at k See home.
Speaker 2: Fifth Friend.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that same attorney Perserno said the last time that willis the tenant who was also there saw the three men was when they left the house and he went to bed. But then Piserno confirmed to Fox four on Monday, that's this past Monday, that a fifth person was present, a fifth person in the house, and this fifth person was there with the victims when he Willis went to sleep, and at some point, according to Willis's attorney, Willis got tired and went to sleep while they were while those guys, the three guys and the fourth guy were all hanging out, and as far as I know, there was a couple other people in the house.
Speaker 3: I also, I love the idea. Sorry, love is a weird word to say, but it's it's fascinating to me, the informality of the attorney saying hanging out. Do you describe it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, But it gets weirder because then the next day Paserno says, oh, no, I misspoke, sorry about that. Willis actually says, my client says that he escorted the men to the door, said goodbye, and then went back to the couch and fell asleep. So like he said goodbye to everybody out the front door. First it was, oh, he went to bed while the guys were still hanging out, and he thinks they probably left at some point then, No, I let him out at some point and I went to sleep.
Speaker 2: But the fifth.
Speaker 5: Person, who now has an attorney. There is a fifth person who was there, speaking through an attorney, said, oh, no, when I left, the three victims, the three people who were found dead and Willis were still awake and out. Yes, they were still awake when I left. He said he got there around seven pm on that Sunday night. Right, they were watching stuff. He was hanging out with four others until midnight when he left. He also says that no, they were watching Jeopardy and a Gentleman's Game.
Speaker 3: Honestly, with the limited information we have in these updates, we can't say the story seems to be evolving if we want to be diplomatic right with freezing to death and so on? Like, Also, also can you blame the fifth person? Can you imagine, like what would happen if you were from ordering up, you have some friends and then you learned that three of those folks you hung out with were dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're saying for lawyering up right? You can? Can you blame them? Right?
Speaker 3: I mean? Also, could you blame the person for taking a minute to reply? Right, they didn't come forward immediately, is what I'm seeing, Matt. Is that great?
Speaker 4: Well? Yes, And I was also going to add from from the last time we talked about this, this the original story was the dude whose house it was Willis right, Yes, he had been contacted repeatedly by numerous folks and and you know, to no avail and then just kind of casually sauntered out at the end and when someone came to his door, like with a beer in his hand or something.
Speaker 2: In boxing.
Speaker 5: So, according to his attorney, Piserno, he has stated this multiple times, the only messages Willis received were via Facebook Messenger and he did not receive any text messages from friends and family of the three victims or calls. But then the attorney for Person number five, attorney named last named t. A. L. G. E. Tale, is disputing that claim, saying that his client, Person number five, received a text message from Clayton mcgheiney's fiance, the person who ended up discovering the bodies, and from Ricky Johnson's mother, who were both asking, hey, where where are our loved ones? Right like, where where's Ricky? Where's where's Clayton? And that person then reached back out via those messages saying, well, they're at the house. That's that's where they're we're hanging out the house. They're at the house.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: But then person number four, that attorney is saying no, that never happened, and that kind of thing. So it's just it's now he said, he said kind of thing. It's very very strange, and it's also weird to see right now both attorneys going on national news and local news stating things, Yeah, as the police are attempting to wrap up a quote death investigation.
Speaker 4: SE's like a lot of people trying to cover their own butts.
Speaker 3: I think, so, well, that's how I mean, that's how it happens, too, right, because people want an answer again, there is there is a mystery here, and then the absence of clear answers, speculation thrives.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to say, devil worship.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate that that you're pointing out. You know, a lot of a lot of these a lot of these things are just questions, ongoing investigations. No one has been at this point accused of a crime to my knowledge.
Speaker 5: No, No, the police haven't accused anybody. The families, of course, think something horrible went down, right, So they just want to know. They want to know the truth, and they want justice if something did go down right, that is punishable unless it was one weird, strange accident. That seems unprecedented to me, But we have seen in the past where maybe someone gets a little too intoxicated and wanders outside and you know, falls asleep at some point in.
Speaker 2: The cold and does freeze to death.
Speaker 6: That can have three well, not just yellow pass like, like just being a little intoxicated, even if you're kind of bundled up, but you're a little too drunk and you're hanging outside just chatting or.
Speaker 4: Asleep, you feel falsely warm. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it can happen, is all I'm saying. It's just strange that it happen to three people at the same house while there's still people who are alive at that house for several days before the police ever show up.
Speaker 3: Within reach of shelter.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I just think that whatever, if there were extracurricular activities involved beyond drinking, that whatever those three men did, the other two did as well, I think. And I think that the dude whose home it was emerging kind of bleary eyed after being unable to be reached for so long, indicates that he was blacked out and he was in some kind of stupor as well. You know, he just had a warm bed to be in to.
Speaker 3: Pass might explain the space in the reporting time. You know, I think that's a that's a logical thing to ask, even if we cannot prove it it is.
Speaker 5: But according to the attorney, who again is speaking on news interviews, is saying that his client works from home and he just didn't notice he was going into his office and working because right, this happened Sunday night. Then wake up on Monday, go to work, wake up on Tuesday, start work.
Speaker 2: It's the show up.
Speaker 4: But you know, you guys have been to my house, Like I mean, if I had people over and we were partying and stuff, and then everyone went on their way and I maybe went down into my basement studio, I wouldn't double check to make sure that they were had had actually left. It wouldn't even occur to me to do so. Let's also not entirely throw this to under the bus.
Speaker 3: Sure either, Sure would you say that you, on average see your backyard more than once every seventy two hours.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm saying people would have exited out of my front door through my front yard if I had gone down into the basement that I'm facing the opposite direction, I have no view into that unless the ring camera caught them. But that's only if they're right on the porch, you know. I you know, I've never checked behind to see if my guests had departed. You know, I'll check in and make if there was drinking involved that I'm concerned, and you know I would check in make sure they got home safe. And of course I would never I would always discourage people from driving, you know, intoxicated, But I would have no view into that at all.
Speaker 5: Well, right now there are no real answers. Captain Jake Betching, I think, is how you would say that spoke with Fox News Digital and said the incident is quote one hundred percent not being investigated as a homicide. So there we go.
Speaker 4: Wow, pretty definitive. Yeah, so maybe it be wrongful death though, could could that be a civil That would be a different matter, wouldn't it If someone wanted to, you know, take a civil case against this guy for negligence of some kind. Perhaps he gave them bad drugs. Perhaps he you know, I don't know. I mean, there's a millionaires, there.
Speaker 3: Are a ton of possibilities. But I think the main thing is we can we can hope that there will be uh, there will be results from a continuing investigation here, because again one of the most important points we raised in our previous conversation is that there are three kids without a father.
Speaker 5: Very much, guys, I'm going to do this really quick. One other thing I had to mention for today, then we'll get out of here. Boeing Boeing had another little incident, another oopsie, this time at Hartsfield Jackson. She's the Atlanta International.
Speaker 3: Airport, busiest airport in the world.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna play a tiny little snippet of some air traffic control. It's gonna be the tiniest snippet ever. Just let's just listen to this real quick.
Speaker 2: Here it goes nine two.
Speaker 3: This is the aircraft looking at you. One of your nose tires just came off. It just rolled off the runway behind you.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 5: And just for some context there, that air traffic control comes from an incident where a seven forty seven plane was literally taxiing to be the next flight, the next plane that takes off on the runway, and the plane behind it happened to notice that one of the wheels on the front of the plane just kind of flew off and went down the opposite direction on the runway.
Speaker 3: That plane for planes, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, just a heads up everybody.
Speaker 2: That happened. And it's so funny.
Speaker 5: There's a southwest plane that's like three or four planes behind all the other ones in line to take off, and and you know, air traffic and this plane as well as the observer all like trying to figure out, Okay, what's the best course of action. We probably need to get you towed off of this runway. We'll need to get you to a delta, you know, area to have the plane inspected and all this stuff. And in the Southwest play it is just like, hey, so are you gonna move us to a different lane? Looks like this is gonna take a while, and air traffic is just like, yeah, it's gonna take a minute.
Speaker 4: Hold up.
Speaker 2: It's just so funny to hear.
Speaker 5: Maybe almost it's not that informal the way I'm saying it, but it feels that informal. I guess in the colms like a parent talking to the children.
Speaker 2: In some way. It was amusing to me.
Speaker 3: We all have to collectively keep an eye on technology, right. Also shout out to the folks who were riding in a Tesla that appear to detect ghosts in a graveyard. I don't know if we're gonna play a clip for that one, but they definitely are screaming in the car.
Speaker 5: Do either of you have a backup on your cars?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, so I just got one of those with my the latest vehicle that I've gotten, And if there is any obstruction or even strange lines on the road, it gives me a warning that there's a person behind me. And I just wonder if there's some kind of detection like that with Tesla's going on where it's just a slight pattern or something that it's picking up and it just outlines a person, because isn't that what the Tesla one does? It like shows oh there's a person right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's actually let's actually play a clip. So there's three people who are screaming as they're looking at that, uh that kind of heads up displayed that a tesla has and they see figures multiplying on the screen, and the guy who's driving is a Tesla employee.
Speaker 2: Wow, and so.
Speaker 5: Aren't they driving through a graveyard too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah again, and then these figures appear to pop up. But maybe it's just the censors, like you're mentioning, misreading or maybe even airing on the side of caution because you don't want you don't want your you don't want your camera or your sensors to be in the news. As the device that said, here's a tree, but it was a human child, you know.
Speaker 2: Either way, don't hit it, don't hit it.
Speaker 3: Just try not to hit things. And at this point, again we have much more strange news to cover. We're going to call it an evening. Please join us later this week, folks. In the meantime, we can't wait to hear from you. Please be a part of the show. You may show up on our listener mail program's right.
Speaker 4: You can find us and communicate with us in any number of ways, including on the social media platform of your choice. We are conspiracy Stuff on Facebook, YouTube and x nay Twitter, and we are conspiracy Stuff Show on Instagram and TikTok and plenty of fun video content rolling out in the new year for you.
Speaker 5: Hey, do you have some hot news tips? Why not send them our way call one eight three three std WYTK. Really, just tell us where you found the story, like what publication it is and around the date that it was published, and maybe a couple keywords and we'll be able to find it. It's a little hard over voicemail to send us links. If you do want to send us links, why not instead shoot us an email with that sweet HTML.
Speaker 3: We are conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 5: Stuff they don't want you to know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.