Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two on this Thursday, Dan and the Dann's Dan Patrick Show. By the way, today's the last day if you order something at danpatrick dot com, not the moonshine, but anything else for guaranteed delivery by the twenty fifth. Just want to give you a heads up there. Sunday night, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens take on Trevor Lawrence and the jag Sunday seven Eastern on NBC and Peacock. But you got football coming up tonight. Chargers Raiders. A lot of promise in the preseason. A lot of people like the Raiders. You know, playoff team, playoff talent. You got a really good edge rusher, you got a really good wide receiver, you got a really good running back. We weren't sure at the quarterbacking position and the head coach. Now all of a sudden, you look at this team and you're still not quite sure. What is the future of this team? Is DeVante Adams going to be there next year? Is he going to be with the Jets next year? Max Crosby's Wonder, Josh Jacobs, and then is Aidan O'Connell kid out of Purdue.
Speaker 3: Is he the future there? And then you have the Chargers.
Speaker 2: It feels like every year, man, do they have a lot of skilled position players? And they do, and every year it feels like we say the same thing, what happened to the Chargers?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Sometimes they get to the postseason, they have a big lead on Jacksonville and then blow it. But injuries always And now you have your quarterback out, You've got a coach who's sort of hanging in the balance with his career there, it's going to be an attractive job, I would think for somebody because you walk in with a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 3: But they're the Chargers.
Speaker 2: I do think of all the sports teams when you think about who gets more of a Hall pass, the.
Speaker 3: Chargers are right there. And I think for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 2: You know, they're not important, you know in their city as far as the pecking order of teams. They have wonderful uniforms, and it almost feels like we're like, yeah, they're not too good, they're not living up to their promise, But man, those uniforms look awesome. Man, Justin Herbert looks like a franchise quarterback. How about those uniforms?
Speaker 3: Is there anybody else where we go?
Speaker 2: You know, like Jacksonville a little bit maybe this year, last year, you're kind of going, Okay, do they take the next step? But not at the level of the Chargers, because the Chargers do have some really good players, big name players. They just haven't put it all together and they'll probably have a new head coach next year and start over again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Pulling with the Chargers going back to when they were in San Diego for years, I've always had the feeling that they got a bit of a hall pass because there's not a truckload of media in San Diego, but the lifestyle there, that's a place where if you live in San Diego, you've kind of made it. Life is good, weather's great, lifestyle by the water. It's not an angry community. You live in Philly. There's things to be angry about, and your team makes you happy and angry, but it never felt like that. It's the community where you catch a lot.
Speaker 2: Of venom if you've had a bad football Teamah, it's like the expectation level is, like, man, what is wrong with our team? Like the passion that's there or maybe it's not there. And look, I so many times I'd say, you know, I like the Chargers this year, and so many times we'd get to the end of the regular season or the first round of the playoffs and I go, yep, not going to make that mistake again. And then I would the next year, even when they had Philip Rivers and now with Justin Herbert. But you have that game coming up tonight and it's a homework assignment. Somebody's got to watch it. So Paulie says he'll watch all four quarters. Oh, coming up tonight. Yes, yeah, that's the commitment here. Yes, Marvin, the Chargers.
Speaker 6: Moved to Los Angeles has given him even more of a hall pass because they're fifth or six in the pecking orders. Yeah, so it's not a really big deal, Like, okay, that's all right.
Speaker 4: We're more worried.
Speaker 6: About USC and the Lakers and the Clippers, the Dodgers, you know, the soccer team, and the pickleball team.
Speaker 3: Hmm, pickleball team, pickleball league you mean.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, pickleball, Tom Brady, they have to PICKLEBA eight seven seven three DP show operator Tyler standing by Seaton Poll question from the first hour, we talked a lot about the Bucks and the Pacers. Jannis goes for sixty four Pacers take the game ball. They want to give it to a rookie who scored his first points. Yannis thought that, you know, they were being vindictive and just taking the basketball away from him when he set the franchise record of sixty four points. So the poll question from our one was who should.
Speaker 7: Get the game ball? Yannis or Oscar?
Speaker 8: Shebwe Right now it's still holding out about sixty one percent for Yiannis.
Speaker 7: Okay, although that's slightly better in Oscar's feed.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of Oscar sentiment here.
Speaker 8: No, but there are some people that are like, how many times can Yanis break the scoring record? How many times can Oscar get his first point?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: You know, okay, But I'm trying to figure out though, is this a tradition in the NBA just with the Pacers, just with Rick Carlisle and the Pacers when rookies scored. Nick Wright was with us last down and he said, what if you have two rookies in the same game scoring their you know, first points, then what do you do? Although they have two basketballs, two game basketballs and then Jannas said the ball that he got was not the correct ball. Here's gianness. After the game, there's a question from a reporter.
Speaker 3: First, you thought they had the game ball. That's why you ran after them.
Speaker 9: And the time I knew they had the game, I don't. I don't think I have they had the game. I knew they had the ball. First of all, you cannot. I don't know how it works, but I assume I cannot. Just working in any I didn't end up playing. Just take the ball, like Dame was fifth of all time. I scored sixty another day, Like the ball that though they gave us, I offered it to Dame. Like I scored sixty, he scored multiple times, sixty, scored seventy and d you know he's had the ball.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Rick Carlile, the head coach of the Pacers. Now keep in mind, you go back to the Ncason Tournament when the Pacers celebrated, when you had Tyreez Haliburt and doing Dame time to Dame Lillard, and you knew that the next time they met it was going to be chippy, and it was last night. But here is Rick Carlyle giving his side of the story.
Speaker 10: What happened at the after the game was unfortunate. There's a misunderstanding about the game ball. It was Ostro Seway's first NBA official NBA point, so we always get the game ball. We were not thinking about Gianni's franchise record, so we grabbed the ball, and a couple of minutes later, several of their players ended up in our hallway. I don't think any punches were landed, but my general manager got elbowed in the ribs by one of their players. Unfortunate situation. We don't need the official game ball. There's two game balls there, you know, we could have taken the other one, but it didn't need to escalate to.
Speaker 3: That, Alrighty.
Speaker 2: I was shocked at how much it meant to Jannis in this situation that, okay, it's a game ball. You go to the locker room, you tell you know an assistant coach or you know equipment guy, Hey, would you go ask them for the basketball and then you might find out what the story was. Maybe you're still upset about it, but I was surprised that it meant that much and you're actually going to chase down something like what are you gonna do when you go into the locker room, you're actually gonna fight. I mean they're going to if you go into their locker room like this. It was crazy unfolding. I go no, no, no, no, no, no no, and then he's running down the hall and then all of a sudden, the paces like, hey, you want the ball, come get it.
Speaker 3: You're not getting it. They meet.
Speaker 2: The next time will be New Year's Day, Marvin correct, and then two days later so it's Indiana, then Milwaukee, home and home.
Speaker 4: Yes, I like it.
Speaker 3: I don't like it, yes, Marv oh soo.
Speaker 6: In the previous clip that I played with, Gianni's Dame Lillard is now fifth all time in three pointers made and he scored that.
Speaker 4: He broke that record last night.
Speaker 6: So that's what Jiannis was talking about when he was like, Dame was fifth all time, He's fifth all time in career three pointers made.
Speaker 3: Okay, does he get the basketball?
Speaker 6: Well that's what Jiannis was referring to, like, all right, well I did this and Dame did this, but you know this guy scores.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I would ask Giannis, then who gets the ball? Dame is fifth all time or you had sixty four.
Speaker 4: It's a good question, okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just curious here, unless he would say whether it's two game balls and give one to Dame and I'll take one, Yes, Tom, I'd have to check back.
Speaker 11: But I thought I heard something driving in this money where he said I was looking for the ball to give it to Dame, that he actually wanted it to at least have that gesture, and then Dame can decide whether he'd keep it or say no, no, no, you have it and Nick I have a friendly battle over the ball.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it mattered to Dame Lillard. I mean your fifth all time, Okay.
Speaker 5: Name's had seventy before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, Victor won Bayama had a nice night against Lakers, thirty thirteen and six blocks. And I'm curious how many rookies have posted something like that. In the last forty years, seven rookies have posted a thirty ten and five block game. Three of them have been with the San Antonio Spurs. So when Byama, Tim Duncan, and David Robinson, David did it seven times in his rookie season. The other four players you're gonna know three of the four. The other one did it in two thousand. This is rookies who had at least thirty points, ten rebounds, in at least five blocks in a game. Yes, one of my favorite players of all time.
Speaker 5: Hakeem Olajan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'll also throw on David Robinson.
Speaker 2: He's already in there. Oh yeah, with Tim Duncan. David Robinson, Victor won by him. Chris Webber here's the one. He spells his first name differently. Last name, pretty common first name. In fact, another player in the NBA UH has the same name, just a different spelling on his first name. Former player.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm Joe Johnson, Drew Holliday, Mark Jackson, m A R C.
Speaker 5: Here comes that?
Speaker 4: What stat of the day?
Speaker 3: Mark Jackson? Geez, miss Jackson.
Speaker 4: If you're nest, you could have given me a hard That's.
Speaker 2: Why he was going to say, I don't even know who Mark did it for. Do you remember who Mark Jackson with the Sea was playing for.
Speaker 4: I remember he played for the Warriors. I don't know if he did it.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought was that as a Warrior.
Speaker 4: Right Mark, I thought he was just a locker room guy.
Speaker 3: Mark, Mark Jackson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pull well, we were looking to find out if it's common thing in pro basketball that a rookie with their first points gets the game ball. Do you remember Sam Decker played at Wisconsin. Yeah, he played maybe seven years. In the NBA Friend of the show, he was listening, he said, yes, it's common knowledge and commonplace for a rookie to get a game ball in the game where they scored their first point. And he said it was happened when he was doing it.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody knows that.
Speaker 5: Come on, if Sam Decker's telling us we gets.
Speaker 3: Gone true, I didn't. I'd never heard that.
Speaker 8: I'm just say, this is your chance to be like, everybody knows that that happens, so obviously it's.
Speaker 3: Of course, yes it is.
Speaker 2: Alan in Florida leads us off. Hey, Alan, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 13: Then hey, I'll do it this long.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 13: First of all, there's like forty different basketballs on the court there. They could have grabbed any ball and just hand them to him a sign and who really cares?
Speaker 3: No, No, No, you want game used. I get it. You want game used in a situation like that. It's like when you get your first hit.
Speaker 2: You want the ball that you actually got your first hit on I understand all of that. I don't understand why Yiannis was acting the way he was.
Speaker 13: And another thing, I want to thank Nick White for admitting that Kansas City actually had a penalty in that game, because I'm a Bill's Mafia fan and I love you all guys, have a great show.
Speaker 2: Thank you Alan, thank you Allan. Yeah, Nick Wright did admit that it's a penalty kind.
Speaker 8: Of he admitted it with a yeah, but yeah, there's always a yeah, but we didn't really admit with his.
Speaker 3: With his chiefs there.
Speaker 7: It's like he said, technically it's a penalty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like, why call it in that moment?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They didn't call it any other time with Cadarius Tony, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Nor in the twenty five seven, eight hundred and fifty nine, two hundred and thirty seven plays, Andy Reid has called.
Speaker 3: In Paul and Iowa, Paul in Iowa.
Speaker 14: I got to.
Speaker 15: Follow that number. Huh okay, y well, Dan, it just looked like complete immaturity from Yannis last night. I mean, let's let's go through his projector progression first. It's personal because the Pacers beat him in the tournament, and now he demands the game ball. Oh wait, no, that game ball. I want the real game ball because Dame hit so many three pointers. It's complete immaturity and it looks really bad. But a solution is why don't you motivate Yannis and say you can keep this game ball and then you have to mail it to Oscar when you have a higher point total.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you, Paul.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was strange though, to see it unfold in real time.
Speaker 3: Because I thought, what is he arguing about? I'm like, what's he angry about?
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden you realize it's about the basketball. And you know where the Pacers being nefarious?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Were they realizing what they were doing in the moment, And I don't know if they did until they did realize, and then they're like, no, you're not getting this basketball, not now. But if he had gone over there and said, hey, is it okay if I have the basketball? Can I get the game used basketball and then we'll make sure that Oscar gets the other basketball, you probably could have settled this that way, I'm guessing, Or somebody could have walked over and said, hey, that's a franchise record.
Speaker 3: There's two basketballs. Can we get that please?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here you go, yeah pulling.
Speaker 5: So there's a lot of video on the internet of the postgame handshakes in the ball and you see the ball go from a Bucks player to a staffer, but you can't tell if it's a Buck staffer because he's got a dark jacket on. You can't tell it's blue or green, or is it a Pacer staffer. And then that person starts walking back, and then when they see the person walking back, you see Giannis start pointing and pointing, and you can't tell what he's upset about it at first, and you can't tell who's got the ball, but it's leaving the building.
Speaker 2: There was no reason to keep watching. But then you want to see how many he's going to get. So he got to sixty and I go, all right, call off the dogs. Nope, sixty two, sixty four.
Speaker 3: Game ends.
Speaker 2: Now I want to see how the interaction is between the two teams. And then all of a sudden, Yannis is going off and then running into the locker room and I'm thinking, did somebody say something?
Speaker 3: His brother is there as well. It just it's wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mark who's having a better like two weeks than the Pacers.
Speaker 6: You go deep into the end season tournament, you have this little back and forth skirmish with Greek freaking those guys, now they are mussy TV Halliburton.
Speaker 4: They'll hey, they'll fight, they'll take your ball.
Speaker 3: Let's take We go home with it and go home. Yeah, oh, man.
Speaker 4: Can't wait till Jiligo comes up. It hits a free throw?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, yeah, do we stop the game?
Speaker 8: It'd be awesome if somebody was going on to like for a record night and you'd be like, hey, get the duncans in, get him in, kid, get a foul, get to the line.
Speaker 3: To the line, score your first points.
Speaker 7: We're gonna do the ball bit again.
Speaker 3: Yeah you ready. Has anybody ever stopped the game after their first two?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm being like, no, you're kidding.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: At what point do we go?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 3: It's really important.
Speaker 5: Because in baseball there's a bit of a pause. Yes, and like the alfie throws it in, it rolls, the bat boy runs out, grabs the ball and make sure it's in the dugout. There's a bit of a format to it in baseball. All Right, what if the Pacers. The next time the Bucks are in town, do like a tribute video to Gianni's sixty four point night.
Speaker 2: Just real quick, Now they do a tribute to Oscar sweep Way breakout game. Yes, we'd like to take a moment, ladies and gentlemen, and we'd like to take a moment. If you look to the JumboTron, we want to highlight oscars great night that he had against the Milwaung game Buggs, and just show him hit the free throw. I guess Yannis wanted the ball for Dame. I think that's what's coming out of this story now, that Yannis wanted the ball for day, but Dame didn't seem too bothered by it. Dame's cool, Yeah, he's just because it wasn't Dame time a boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dame is a boss. That's why that good stuff.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes this job can be really difficult. Sometimes it's really easy when you come in and you go, all right, Draymond suspended and definitely good. We can talk about, Oh, Greek freak went after some people he wanted to basketball. Okay, football game coming up tonight. All right, we got some things to talk about here. Sometimes it's just rolled out right in front of you. Sometimes you got to go find it. It's like Yannis trying to get that basketball. Sometimes this job is just like that. And I've acted that way with the dan Netes, yelling and screaming and we're you know. Other times it's like it just comes right right to me. Who gets the game ball today? No, it's too early. It's too early to tell right now, take it. No, No, with us? Who gets the game ball here? That's the right answer, because you know what, we're going to do it better the next time.
Speaker 3: And no, I in team, no iron team. There's no eye in Danettes.
Speaker 5: Just letting you know, checking I want to make sure.
Speaker 2: But there is in Giannics and uh Oscar sweet Way, there's an eye in that as well.
Speaker 3: All right, let me take a break.
Speaker 2: We're going to check in with the New England Patriots because it went from here's a story to wait a minute, nobody's touching this story. Bill Belichick and the Patriots will divorce at the end of the year. I thought, where did the story go? And uh you start. You know, our good buddy Tom Kerrn had the report. We've tried to get him on, but he's laying loone with this. I don't know what happened, feels like it feels like somebody you know, got their you know what whapped.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think we're a better chance than Belichick on this week.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 3: Paully Fosco here with Tony Fosco.
Speaker 15: Yo.
Speaker 18: Of course you know us as the host of the number one rated show and all the sports talks, the Paully and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 13: Ye.
Speaker 18: Now, the suits at Fox Sports Radio gave us this ad time because they wanted us to tell you how great.
Speaker 1: Our show is. Why Yeah, Instead of us doing.
Speaker 18: That, let's just let our millions of fans do the talking.
Speaker 6: Ye play you don't know crap about four own this crap?
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 18: That's the wrong tape, wrong tape, Just forget that.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 18: Listen to the Folly of Tony Fusco Show on the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts herever.
Speaker 3: You get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I got caught up with rookies who have had at least thirty ten and five blocks in a game. Victor Wan Bayama did that last night. And one of the players who did it was Mark Jackson, M A R C. And he did it with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Is where he did that? He also played for the Golden State Warriors. Eric Dan Pierre and the Donald Foyle We were there and.
Speaker 5: Very random of for the Warriors.
Speaker 3: Did he did? He did he play against the Warriors? Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: But he also played for the Warriors as well. So he played for the Warriors in a game against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 3: Is do I have it right there?
Speaker 6: He played as a member of the Warriors, and he did it against the Minnesota Timbers.
Speaker 4: So Mark Jackson is better than Kemgarnett.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, okay, thank you, Mark jack stat of the Day brought to you by Patini.
Speaker 3: America, the official trading cards to the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 2: Greg Bdard, the founder editorial director of Boston Sports Journal dot Com, cover the Patriots for a long time with Sports Illustrated Boston Globe. Where do we stand on all this situation with Bill Belichick and the Patriots? With this report that Tom Curran had this week.
Speaker 19: Dan, it's a good question, you know, my my personal feeling, and look, this is this is a story that is going to be held very close to the vest, you know, between Robert Bill and Jonathan. Nothing definitive that I've heard from inside or outside the building points one way or the other. I certainly have my feelings on this, and I don't necessarily think it's the case that that the Colts game was sort of the final straw. I mean, this has been going on for a couple of years, and you got to think even with the Colts loss, and it would be natural for the Crafts to sit and think about this decision during the bye week after that game, possibly meet with Bill. Still, they were two and eight at the time. Stranger things have happened in football where they the Patriots could have won out at nine and eight. You know, But I do think that die was cast at that point. I think it had been cast for a while. So I think that I think that both sides have an idea on what's going to happen. It's likely that that they will part ways after the decision, I just after the season. I just have a hard time telling you one way or the other, how definitive it is.
Speaker 2: And I was just wondering if it's in the personality of Robert Kraft. Two have had a meeting with Bill Belichick with this many games to go, and then he would give him a heads up like, Hey, Bill, this is what this is what we're going to do at season end.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Their relationship, but that would surprise me if he's saying hey, instead of saying, let's talk about when the season's over with and then you know, we can decide how we want to play this.
Speaker 19: That's normally their m O dan is that they will get to the end of the season and they will come together. And you know, there's a few different factors at play here. Number One, people had I think people underestimate how much last season ticked off the Crafts. They they they were mad about what happened. They thought, Okay, we dealt with the We had a reset year with Cam Newton. Tom Brady went and won a Super Bowl with the Buccaneers. That really hurt, but it looked like things were going up for the franchise. Drafted Mac Jones in the first round. They signed, they set a record in terms of the money they spent in free agency. That year, they went ten, and they went to the playoffs. Things were looking up, and then Bill made his decision with Matt Patricia and Joe Judge. And the reaction from the Crafts was, this doesn't make a lot of sense to us, Bill, but you've you've earned the right to make this decision. And when that that decision clearly was a mistake. They were by the end of the season. They were furious and they needed to hear the right things from Bill at the end of last season or else it might have ended there. From what I understand, Bill said the right things. They were like, okay, he said a new course. He he admitted that he underestimated what the offense needed, how much Josh McDaniels had done for him, but he was he was willing to be open to corrections with Billy O'Brien. And so when they went into twenty twenty three, if you look at all the Tea leaves in terms of they have so many top tier free agents that have not been extended. To me, it looked like okay. The craft said to Bill, you get your you got your Mulligan. Okay, but if it doesn't work this season, you've got a chance to put it on its right tracks. If it doesn't work this season, we all know where this is going. Leave twenty twenty four to somebody else. We'll make that decision when we get there.
Speaker 3: How attractive is this job, Well, it's.
Speaker 4: A good question.
Speaker 19: I mean in terms of the Crafts, the franchise, the stability, you know, you got to look at it. I mean, you know, they've hired two coaches in their ownership tenure. Pete Carroll, who, if I recall correctly, lasted about three years and you know, didn't do all that bad a job, but the Crafts decided they needed more and they brought Bill in. And Robert was just on NFL Game Day talking about stability. I mean, they do do a good job of that. They hire people, really smart people and let them go do their job. So in terms of the stability of ownership, what they're going to give you to do your job, I think it's an extremely attractive job. Now are you getting into the quarterback and the roster and things like that. You know, that's nice, but that's not how a lot of these guys think in terms of jobs. There first of all, there's one of there's only you know, one of thirty two jobs in the world, and then then you look at ownership and it doesn't get much better than the Patriots ownership.
Speaker 2: How attractive will Bill Belichick be on the open market?
Speaker 5: That is a good question.
Speaker 19: I think that I think he'll have some appeal to some franchises in terms of, you know, face value, bringing a sort of a credibility to a franchise. Let's say, like the Commanders, that is, you know, just nobody knows what their brand is. Bill is is a brand. I think the national brand is better than the local brand in New England. At this point, I would be very interested to know what he is open to in terms of structure. I mean me personally from covering him up close and watching his team up close. I would not be interested in giving him total control over in an organization, the coach, the game planner. Yes, I'm interested in that. Personnel control, salary cap control, how he constructs the roster, I'm not interested in.
Speaker 2: That should be interesting the next few weeks, and you've got Kansas City with the Patriots coming up.
Speaker 3: Greg. We appreciate your time as always, Thank you anytime.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: It's Greg Bdard, founder and editorial director of Boston Sports Journal dot com. He's covered the Patriots used to be with Sports Illustrated and The Boston Globe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, by the way, they got the Kansas City Chiefs coming to town coming off a couple of bad, bad law back to back losses here Auto and Los Angeles. Hey, Auto, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Hiding Dan, Good morning to everybody. Just had a bone to pick with you, and then a couple of comments to Marvin. I called you a couple of weeks ago because turn of the Chargers and listening to your rent today is exactly what I was telling you a few weeks ago. And then you hit me with the Jerry Searmfeld But they just beat the Jets, Auto, and I'm like, yeah, but there's still not a good team. And listening to what you're saying today, it's like, yeah, there's just the Chargers every year.
Speaker 2: Well, and I don't know if I would acknowledge the Chargers being good because they beat the Jets. I was probably joking about that, Auto, Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, that doesn't mean you're supposed to beat the Jets. You're the Chargers yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, what do you have?
Speaker 14: And from Marvin, he said that in LA, no one cares about the Chargers, that the pick a Ball League is more important than Chargers. It's funny. He said that the next home game is a Saturday, December twenty third game, just the Bills and they're given out pickleball paddle.
Speaker 1: Thank you Auto.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine other fan bases if they gave out pickleball paddles, like Philadelphia or the Jets, Like, what could possibly happen?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's why things like that day or I think of the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they used to throw bats onto the field car battery day.
Speaker 3: They don't do that anymore, you know, Yes, Pully.
Speaker 5: I just confirmed pick a Ball Day at the Chargers game as journalists, and I also found that you could buy NFL logoed pickleball paddles set the two with all thirty two teams just in case. Yeah, for the shopping.
Speaker 3: You know, that's great. Last minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jeremy and Jeremy and Texas. Hi Jeremy, Hey, guys, that was going this morning.
Speaker 20: Man, So question is this possible? So Prescott's in the in the running for the MVP. He's kind of in that in that category and that talk talk about uh, Brandon Aubrey just broke a record for NFL's most rookie botfield goals make excutively. Could he be Rookie of the Year and with their on Bland doing all the pick sixes? Could he be Defensive Player of the Year. Could you have three awards going to the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Well, you won't get Bland as the defensive Player of the Year. It'll be Michael Parsons. Right now, he is your overwhelming favorite. Bland has been great with pick sixes, but Michael Parsons I believe is the leading candidate right now.
Speaker 3: And Dak for the m v P. Yeah, pull Rookie the.
Speaker 5: Year right now. There's a couple.
Speaker 17: C J.
Speaker 5: Stroud's way up there, Pooka Nakoula, the Rams, Jamar Gibbs, be Shawn Robinson. Those are the top guys. Devan e Chan, you know, there's a lot of people, but a kicker. You know, if you look at what how much he's over achieved for the Cowboys this year. He's changed what they can do in games.
Speaker 2: What if he's perfect for the regular season? Perfect And this has been a real problem trying to find a consistent kicker in Dallas for a while. And now you get a rookie who played soccer in college and he is thirty for thirty and he can kick it from sixty. In fact, he said when he was with us earlier this week that he could kick it seventy two yards. But this is what you're going to need in the postseason. Going to be a game that comes down to is our kicker going to make it or is their kicker going to make it?
Speaker 3: CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud I think is the overwhelming favorite to be the Rookie of the year. Michael in Fort Wayne, Hey Michael, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Hey Dan, thanks for taking my call this morning. Just one quick comment regarding the game ball brew haha. Both sides of the story remind me of parents who go overboard collecting stuff their first kid. They just collect everything first, painting first, haircut, hair first, burp cloth, and then by the time they have their third kid, they realized they actually don't want all that crap.
Speaker 2: All right, A burp cloth, burp cloth. I don't think we saved that. I save a lot of things. I don't think I saved a I did save my kid's artwork, all of it, framed it. Yeah, but that's just because I you know, I'm I'm now I order your collector.
Speaker 3: I have a collector and character.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, you go up and down the hallways though and critique their art style like that really was not a president.
Speaker 8: Vision is good, the execution is is body.
Speaker 2: Uh Johnny and Iowa, Hi Johnny? What's on your mind?
Speaker 21: Ali?
Speaker 16: First time long time? Five ten swollen abs up to about three hundred pound. I was calling about Crapenberg.
Speaker 22: State volleyball slogan. Okay, soh They usually say bump set spike, Let's do dump set wipe.
Speaker 2: Nailed it, Thank you, Johnny, nailed it, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: You can get your Crappensburg State hoodie. Go to Danpatrick dot com.
Speaker 2: Uh more on the Pacers and the Bucks game coming out after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: You know how much I talk about peak? Uh, the game of careful Uh? So a pickleball?
Speaker 3: Dammit? And Uh.
Speaker 2: I got a gift from full Sale University where I have my broadcasting school and they they sent me a full sale university pickleball set. We're ready to go if anybody wants to play.
Speaker 5: But uh, are they called paddles or rackets?
Speaker 2: These are pandels, these are panels. And then I got h two sets of balls here, and I got a pair of panels there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: With pickleball, is it always two on two or can it be a one on one?
Speaker 2: I'm going to us I have no idea about the only time I played against the two ladies from Greenwich, Connecticut.
Speaker 3: It was my wife and I against those two.
Speaker 5: Every time I see it on TV, which is often, uh, it's always two on two. I no singles.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing there could be. I don't know. I haven't played. I've only played once.
Speaker 7: It feels like it's two on two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's it's it's meant to be.
Speaker 7: I mean it's too fast paced, so one person couldn't possibly handle that.
Speaker 3: Ma Jackson, well, yes.
Speaker 5: According to the USA pick a Ball, which I have on my screen at all times, pick a ball is played either as doubles two players per team or singles. Doubles is most common, same playing area in size for singles and doubles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could bring your wife out and have a nice little evening and play, or an afternoon as well. You guys should try it though, just so you can understand.
Speaker 4: The magnitude of it.
Speaker 3: You should just try it, you know.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like badminton just played when it bounces off the ground.
Speaker 8: Let's a quick shout out to tennis, all right, Tennis is a great game. It's a lot of fun to play. Just throwing that out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is really nothing like tennis though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because you tennis you have to move. Yeah, Tennis you have you have to run around. Pickleball you stand in bloo boo.
Speaker 3: It's like atari, you know, where you're just a.
Speaker 4: Blue or fist twitch.
Speaker 5: Yes, a couple of rules I didn't know. The server's arm and pickleball must be moving at an upward arc when the ball is struck. Paddle contact with the ball must not be made above the so it's like the opposite of Greco Roman wrestling.
Speaker 8: So you have to hit it going up, but it can be above your waist no when you serve, because if it was going like straightforward or down, it would be too hard.
Speaker 7: So you have to go up so it's easier up.
Speaker 3: To get it over the net. And then when you're hitting, I guess you're not allowed to bring it above your hip.
Speaker 7: It has to be below your hip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, my wife and I were called out on this by the two ladies from Greenwich, Connecticut, and uh, we didn't know the rules, but we uh we eventually laid down the wall, is what we did.
Speaker 4: Yes, Martha, did you know those ladies before you played them?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 6: How did this evencome about? It like, oh, you two over there, you you guys want to get a little two on two.
Speaker 5: Going blind it?
Speaker 2: Well, no, it was a class to teach you about pickleball, and it just happened that we paired off with these two women who had played a lot before, and you know, we didn't understand any of the rules, and then they were kind of mocking us a little bit that we you know, we kept screwing up.
Speaker 3: We didn't understand what you're allowed to do not allowed to do.
Speaker 5: That's called poking the pickle and pickleball for next.
Speaker 2: And then you know there's a you can be in the kitchen, like if you're in the kitchen, like there's all this stuff, and then we played, and then I took matters into my own hands and I sent them home right terrible? Yeah, No, they needed to be taught a lesson. And I retired and defeated. I took my pickle and I went home.
Speaker 4: You took the ball like Oscar.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did.
Speaker 2: I that was my first pickleball win, and I wanted to have the pickleball, and I took it home.
Speaker 3: Michael and San Antonio. Hi, Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 21: Hey guys, that's just one of the clarify something about this good game show. Yeah, you keep saying watch up to the fifteen minutes to fifteen minutes, but if you look at the time, that's actually what's remaining in the show. You should actually watch up to the first forty five minutes and then and that's when the red light Green Light is occurring.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought it was sooner than that, But watch through red red light green lake.
Speaker 3: Yeson, how about we.
Speaker 7: Go ahead and give it the full hour and then.
Speaker 5: Make a gesmous.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's fine, give it the full episode.
Speaker 3: It's like Ozark.
Speaker 2: I tell people just watch the first fifteen minutes because when you watch that it feels like it's the last episode of a show like that.
Speaker 3: That's how it would end.
Speaker 2: But that one that that starts quick the Americans another one that starts quick too, sneaky.
Speaker 4: Great show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, wonderful.
Speaker 2: Gabe in Atlanta, I gave What's on your Mind today?
Speaker 17: Hey, guys, thanks for taking my call. I just wanted to make a quick comment about the Draymond Green situation. You know, they're preaching that he needs to get emotional and mental health or just spinning him in definitely.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 17: My thought on it is, I think everybody in basketball.
Speaker 13: Needs to get tougher.
Speaker 17: You you don't You don't see them pulling Billy and Beer off the court and putting him and for emotional health and things like that. And let's not forget about the game called hockey. They got a guy called the enforcer that beats the ever living crapenberg stay out of somebody, that's his job. They're not yanking him off the ice. I think everybody needs to get a little bit tougher out there and go out there a ball and do what they need to do.
Speaker 2: So thank you, kay. It feels like they're trying to create excuses for Draymond. Does he need help now? But he didn't need help before. Why apologize if it was an accident? I mean, come on, yes, Marmin.
Speaker 6: Hold On, the caller just just called in. He was like, we just need to play ball. Draymond's not playing ball. He's doing everything except playing ball. We love it when Draymond just plays ball. They win championships. When he just plays ball, he's doing everything else. It's talking about Bill Lambier. Bill Lambier probably is a Hall of Famer, if not for all of the antics.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know if that keeps him out of the Hall of Fame. I mean, I think Bill's Bill is a really good player for a really good team. But I don't think he was a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. Yeah, I meant if they had won three straight.
Speaker 2: And he wasn't a great college player as well, So when you go into the basketball Hall of Fame, I'd be factoring in that as well.
Speaker 3: And Bill wasn't a great college player.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, I think he's known more so for the Chiefs shots than how good of a player that he was.
Speaker 23: Let me say that, Yes, I agree, absolutely, Yes, do we sometimes I know we romanticize the past a little bit, But do we really want uh, like Trey.
Speaker 8: Young getting clotheslined when he goes up to the hoop right now for a bucket?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 8: Is that really what we want to go back to the good old days of dudes getting tackled before they put up a shot?
Speaker 3: Is that what we're saying? No, that wasn't good basketball right right.
Speaker 8: We're looking back at that like, yeah, so it used to be, yeah, and it changed for the better.
Speaker 7: It was stupid.
Speaker 2: We allowed a team to beat up the greatest player of all time, Michael Jordan, and we're like, yeah, that's the way back bskeotball is meant to be played.
Speaker 3: No, what's on final hour coming up?