Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up Up. They making noise, dot Up, start Up, dat Up, Episode two sixty four of the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Very exciting. It is exciting. It's an exciting time, would you agree?
Speaker 2: We yes, But I'd like to apologize for those of you who listen to the minute we drop our podcasts. We did a podcast late from two weeks ago on a Monday on Monday, and time to do one later in the week. So now we're sort of back on track. But it's been it's been a week and a half since our last episode. We're back on the horse. We're good as Scary goes on vacation into August. But other than that, I think we're.
Speaker 1: I will be going on vacation at the end of August, but then, but that comes every year and you know that. So it's fine. You mention too, Brodie. You've been all over the place.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've been to my living room, I went down to the den, I came back upstairs. Listen, I've had a rough week and a half, Scary. Why while you're you're hanging out in the Jersey Shore and partying and going to dumpling houses. I was almost killed three times in the past week.
Speaker 1: Is that possible? You want me to tell you now, I'll tell you a couple wait to say the short stories. Yeah what? Yeah? How did you die? You almost know you're not. I mean you're exaggerating obviously. No.
Speaker 2: So early early or late last week, maybe Thursday. I'm out on my front lawn and I see I have a large tree on my front lawn, very large tree. But the branches, some of them are low, and when they get too low, I have to have the tree guy calm and trim them. It's he has to raise the canopy. It's called right, So he cuts all the low hanging leaves and branches off. Well, I was walking the dogs and I noticed that one of the low branches from the tree that heads towards the street, all the leaves are gone. They're not they're not brown mamas and pappas. They're all gone.
Speaker 1: So the limb is dead.
Speaker 2: So I bring the dogs back in the house and I'm like, you know what, I'm just gonna pull the dead branches off that are angled down, right, It's gonna take those off because they're they're angling down and there's no leaves, and then the medium sized limb that's coming off the tree. When my tree guy comes in a few weeks, I'll haven't cut it off.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't you have the professionals do all of the tree removal and all the branches of.
Speaker 2: Okay, in hindsight, scary, yes, So I've always broken off the little the little branches, you know, just break them off the dead break them off. So I break one little twig off, one little twig, and the entire limb falls and hits me in the shoulder and just misses my head, knocks me down. Oh my god, you Okay, So I ended up with a I had a big red bruise on my left shoulder.
Speaker 1: But had I been a stand a little to the left, they would have knocked you in the head, like hammered you into the ground. That's correct.
Speaker 2: Luckily it was a glancing blow on my left shoulder, so I survived that. A couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: The advantages by the way of living in a in an apartment, I don't have to I don't have to deal with tree problems.
Speaker 2: But gad, so today's Thursday, as we're recording this on Tuesday, So two days ago I have the guys coming the mike. He's a contractor, but he does gutter cleaning. So you know the gutters that go around your roof where it catches the rain water and leaves. Well, I have trees all over my property and so leaves fall into the gutters. So I had to have the uh, the gutters cleaned. And while they were there, I said, hey, I have a light on the back of my house. It's the spotlight and uh, you know, there's a light switch inside the house and you turn it on and it lights up the backyard. So if I want to swim at night, I have a light. That makes sense, right, you follow?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, because it's so high up, I can't change the bulb. It's like you need a two story ladder. So since these guys, the gutter cleaners, have the long ladders, I give him a couple extra bucks and they go up there and they change the bulb for me every couple of years.
Speaker 1: When it goes out, no problem. And it's a special kind of bulb.
Speaker 2: It's a sodium bulb that's part of the story and it takes like thirty forty seconds to warm up before you see the light. So He changed the bulb for me, and I put the switch on and the light's not coming on. I said, well, look closely, because it takes forty seconds.
Speaker 1: He's looking. Is no light. I see it is no light.
Speaker 2: So I give him a second bulb because that had an extra bulb. He's a special like twenty dollars bulbs. He goes back up the ladder. He puts the bulbin.
Speaker 1: There's no light.
Speaker 2: Like, son of a bitch. Maybe the unit's not working. He goes go check the fuse box. Okay, so I have to go into my garage. Let me explain to you my garage. One of my garage doors I use all the time for my car, and the other side by the by the breaker box. I don't use that often because I have some storage in there and we don't park a car in the second half of the garage.
Speaker 1: It's gonna put storage. People do that right. Well, about a month.
Speaker 2: And a half ago, the a garage door on that side has three cables. The chain in the middle that lifts the door, and on each side is a cable with a wheel that helps keep it on the track and roll it up. Well, one of the cables snapped, Oh, I don't know about a month ago, but it's been opening.
Speaker 1: And closing no problem. And I'm like, you know what, I gottat my guts clean. The light's gotta be fixed. I'll hold off on fixing the cable because the door's working fine. So I opened the door and I walk over to the fuse box. The garage door goes up, no problem, and I hear and I look up and the bottom third of the garage door is breaking loose and falls and hits me in the back same spot as a tree. No. No, It like slides down my back, but it didn't really hurt because I moved quickly. But it almost landed on my head, in which case it would have killed you. I would have been dead. Wow, I would have killed me. Okay, So I had to have the twice tractors lift the door back up, put it back on the track, and then my garage guy had to come and he, you know, he fixes it. Surely I couldn't have died a third time though.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, so he says to me, this cable is rusted. I installed this cable for you a couple of years ago. It can't possibly be this rusted. How can this cable have been this rusted and snapped, I said, I don't know. It doesn't get ret it doesn't get wet. I don't know how it got rusted. So he looks at the cable and he follows it down to the door and next to my garage door. Like inside the garage, I have a shelf where I keep seeds and ice melt and stuff. There's a giant sack of fire ice which if you throw it on ice, it melts it and burns it like it's not safe animals, like, it really melts the ice fast. The cable was scraping up against the bag so often that it ripped away the bag, and the cable was going through this shit that burns everything. So it burned my cable and that's why the door fell on my head. So twice almost killed.
Speaker 1: Times third times of charm Brody, you want me to take the third time? Now? I mean embarrassing. I mean, well, might as well just go for all three here? I mean, and by the way, doesn't death happen in threes? You might have actually have heard it. You might have avoided three different movies.
Speaker 2: Time series is a final destination where they escape death and then they have they eventually have to keep escaping death.
Speaker 1: I think, I think. Yeah. Anyway, So this weekend satas Friday night. Yeah, no, Saturday, Saturday night.
Speaker 2: My family goes away for the night. They go to visit family, so they're out of town. I'm in the house by myself with the dogs and I'm not, you know, off and on a Saturday night alone. But I'm alone in the house and I go to bed like one o'clock, the dogs get in bed, everything's great. Around two thirty in the morning, I hear.
Speaker 1: Bo, okay, i'd be out of there. I fucking that random weird noises and you live in the suburbs. No way, no, thank you. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I have a split level house, which means I have a lower level, a middle level, and a top level. So I'm in the bedroom and in the back of the house. So I look out my rear window and none of the lights are on. I can't see the front of the house from the back bedroom because I have a light censor there that goes on. I can't see if the light went on, and so like my dogs are going I'm like, okay, I don't know what this noise is to ghost right, But there's no cars on my garage right on the driveway because my wife's car is not there, and my car's in the drive in the garage, and I'm like, maybe somebody thinks nobody's home. And I remembered I pulled the blinds down in the front of the house because uh, you know, I was watching a movie, so I wanted darkness to watch the movie. So I'm like, it's gonna look like nobody's home. So I'm like, maybe I'm hearing things, and I hear I'm hearing noises again, so I'm like, oh, holy fuck, I'm freaking out.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't want to call the police, but you know, I'm hearing Like now I'm here in silverware clanking, and I'm thinking they're going through my drawers here in the fucking house.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? You really thought you had an intruder at that point? Hold on, I'm yes. So I I dial nine to one and I'm like and I done nine one one.
Speaker 2: I don't hit send. I'm like, maybe, okay, maybe I'm mad. And the dogs like going to the bedroom door going and I'm grabbing him like shut up, shut and I'm here in, you know, silverware banging, and I'm I'm here in clunking. I'm like, holy fuck. So I called nine one one and she says, you know, what's what's the address? What's the emergency going? There's people am I house?
Speaker 1: House? God? He's like, sorry, I can't hear you.
Speaker 2: I don't do anything, rob She says okay, So it says, oh, you know, should I should we send somebody?
Speaker 1: Do you see them? How many are there? I'm sitting in my bedroom. I hear and so she's like, Sir, I can't hear you put some don't make me, don't don't make me yell right, like what you gonna do? Hey, there's people in my house. So it's just I'll send people over hold, stay on the phone. So I go standing on the phone and I still hear the banging in the clanking. Jesus, I said, so, how how long before they're here? I live in a small town, Like, sir, they're on their way? What is on their wing? And I have boomed.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh fuck, they're going through my kitchen and my living room.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Brodie? And I'm like they haven't come upstairs yet. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm so she's like, they're they're the police are at your house. So I look out the back window. There's four police officers with flashlights and guns pulled. So I open the windows slowly and I go, I'm the homeowner. And they look up and they go, okay, all right, you know what are you hearing? I go, I think there's somebody downstairs by the by the kitchen or the diet like well, there's no signs of forced entry, and there's cops in the front of the house, and so I go down. He goes, come downstairs and let us in. We don't see anybody. We looked in your windows. We looked there's nobody downstairs. So they go downstairs and there's four police officers and they come in there. You know, they put their guns away, and they go open the front door. Open the front door. There's five police cars.
Speaker 1: Scary, Oh my god, did you make up your neighbors by this point something must have been no. It's two three in the morning.
Speaker 2: They didn't have sirens on because they don't want to alert anybody, so they're just the lights are flashing. But I don't know if anybody woke up or not. Now, I've got like eight police officers in my house. They asked me to recreate the sound because the sound had stopped before they arrived. I'm like, I heard these noises, like the doors weren't open. I don't know if they left. I don't know what's going on. It was the ghost hold on.
Speaker 1: They go in my bedroom, they op, they open up my hot tub to see if someone's hiding in the hot tub. They go in the basement, they open up all the closets, they're go into the whole house. Nothing's there. I go, they go listen. I'm sorry, it's a false along. They couldn't have been nicer. They go, look, whatever it was, Maybe it was an animal, Maybe it was a deer slamming against your back door. What it is, that's what we're here for. We're glad you called. You know, the house is secure, no signs are forced to entry. You're fine.
Speaker 2: I go, oh, I'm soorry. I had to throw clothes on. You know, it was, you know, my underwear for sleep in whatever. It's like, all right, well, thank you officers, have a great night. And they leave and I'm like, okay, the house is empty and fine, and they're gone, and I'm in the kitchen, I'm getting a drink. I'm freaking out, and I realize I had I must have accidentally hit the delay button. My dishwasher was spinning and hitting a tall tup aware and rattling the contents of the dishwasher at two in the morning, even though I said it at like ten And that's what it was scary. The dishwasher was clunking and banging against the tall tup aware and making the silverware rattle. And I thought I was being killed.
Speaker 1: I could have been killed my dishwasher. You know it was gonna be something as stupid like that. I mean, Jesus, but I get dogs were growling. I thought the dogs must know it's not the dishwasher. Wow, holy shit, So leave us the talk back on the iHeartRadio time. You thought you were being robbed, but you weren't, right, What was it? Yeah, so you're you have you have a bougie dishwasher that well you could just set a timer on it. Is that what you can put You can have it going delay.
Speaker 2: A lot of dishwashers have a delay button, you know, like if you're going out, you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: Let it run while I'm out. Well, I set it to go off at ten, and I was watching a movie, and when you watch a loud movie, you don't hear the dishwasher. So I assumed the dishwasher had already run. But I must have put it on like a four hour delay, because at two o'clock in the morning, boom boom scared the hell out of me. I've never called nine one one, like for a house. I was about to say, I don't know if I've ever you know, I would, I don't know if I've ever really called nine one one.
Speaker 2: It happens to me the one weekend I'm alone in the house and my family's out of town.
Speaker 1: I haven't even told my wife yet. I'm too embarrassed. I mean, I'm I'm sure someone will hear this in time. I mean, I'm okay. I'm happy, you're okay. Times three, I'm happy. I'm okay too. But then I was like, I was mortified. Thank god.
Speaker 2: The police officers didn't like, I think it's your dishwasher. If they had to open the dishwasher noticed yes.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, yeah, yeah, wow, So.
Speaker 2: They were they were convinced it must have been like the shitting deer in my backyard. I was slamming against my house or something and was like, yeah, maybe we never followed up. No, I'm not going to call the precinct and said, well, I just want to let you know it was my by the way, I'm a dumb ass, and it was my dishwasher.
Speaker 1: No, because the next time someone's in my house for real, they'll be like, oh, it's his dishwasher. And the boy who cried wolf, the boy who cried dishwasher or deer, whatever, three times we will be right back. I don't think I've ever been in that situation before. I mean, there's definitely been times where I think I've been visited by a ghost, like in the middle of the night. What sense the thing is, I only have one other room to look in if I'm not in my bedroom, I just have to just come out into this open area, which is like a living room kitchen combination. And you know, I've heard some things in the overnight, but I never really Yeah.
Speaker 2: I told the story about how I was actually almost robbed, right, I did call nine one one once before, Yes, yeah, tell a story.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was a while ago in the townhouse. But yeah, and the guy was kicking my door down. That was real. So that's what always happening was real. So that's why you figure you have experience with it. And I do know that years ago. But you know people I will I will say I have heard that, you know, robberies and thefts and home invasions and cart grand larceny. It's all up in the suburbs. They're going into the nice neighborhoods. Now, people are getting desk.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I mentioned this to you, but I know I've talked to my wife about it. There was an article in the local paper about a month ago. Maybe it's one of the websites, I don't know. It said that my town, and I don't know that seven or eight surrounding towns are having a problem where people are breaking into the house when people are sleeping or when they think nobody's home and stealing or looking for the second key fob to the cars. Oh really, they're getting so like if you have an extra key fob and in your night table or your kitchen drawer, they're looking for them, and then they come back and they steal your car with your own key. So now I have all my key fobs everything hidden where they'll never find it. But I was like, oh my god, it's the key fob bandits. That's how I thought they were coming to trying to find my key fob. So that's the new Scamboni.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that that people are going. But isn't okay? Wow, you know, I don't know. I don't know much about car theft, even though we're from Brooklyn. You think that we would know. We would be the people who wrote the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my pasts had two cars stolen within three months in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Isn't It was somebody going around with the same frequency fob and they were just just pressing the button and going up to all the cars in the lot to see which one would start or which one would open up the lot. There's only so many frequencies, right. Uh.
Speaker 2: Four cars ago, I had a fob and I parked on the street in Manhattan, and when I did, when I set the alarm, another cars alarm went off. And when I unlocked my doors, his door's unlocked.
Speaker 1: That that's the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they made let's say there's ten thousand codes. You live in a big city like Manhattan, I mean the odds is still ten thousand and one. But it could happen.
Speaker 1: Could happen that you could be parked next to somebody who who has the same same frequency. So they're banking on the odds of that not happening, right, and they're certainly not telling people about it, right, What if it's Kenneth, what's the frequency, Kenneth? You know what I mean? Well, no, but that could happen. Yeah, I'm trying to think. You know, you know, the only time that there's ever been a problem with theft is my aunt, my grandmother. Back in the day, they were someone stole your aunt, your grandmother. Yeah, they were living in Brooklyn and they were you know, they got the three story house and they were in the basement all watching TV. And then they just they heard people break in the middle floor. They got into the jewelry box. Day. They stole a whole bunch of shit. Why did they fit in the jewelry box? Exactly I don't know, but exactly that was, you know, Brooklyn in the nineteen nineties, in the early nineties. But I don't know. Yeah, it's much safe for now. Please, city's turning to ship dude. I was out last night. I saw a woman. Where are you in the city in Manhattan? Yes, and I saw? Was it last night? It might have been a few nights ago. It might have been a few nights. I try to I wasn't drunk. No, yesterday, I wasn't. I was not in the city yesterday it was. It might have been over the weekend. Whatever it was, it could wait a second. Last summer days. I have three days peeled off the calendar. Wow, man, I am really fried. Huh No, this a minute. We gotta be that.
Speaker 2: We gotta be the Hack, the Hack radio show, or the or the the Hack small town news station.
Speaker 1: Can you believe it's August already? Can you believe? Can you believe it's August? Happened to the summer?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: First of all, before I go further, the calendar. If you look at the calendar for this year, there's only four Fridays and four Saturdays. I'm sorry, four Saturdays in June. No, four Saturdays in July, fourth saturdays in August. There's only eight. Usually you get ten because of the way.
Speaker 2: The calendar usually is not five weeks in every Yeah, some of them get five, yeah, four or five, right, But there's there's four Saturday nights and in July and four Saturday nights, and I always get five a lot of times during well in the summertime.
Speaker 1: You want the fives. You want the two that have five. So so every few years that's gonna happen. Yeah, yeah, so I want I want ten Saturday nights instead of eight, you know what I'm saying. But this year we got short changed. This summer definitely feels shorter than the rest. I don't know what it is, maybe because the weather sucks for so long before it got nice. But it just the fourth of July happened. You already feel like you're summer's coming to an end at that point. It's only downhill from there. And then summer still didn't start. I don't know for whatever reason. Summer didn't really start gearing up until like a week ago. In my mind, that's just me. I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, mid July, I think the seventeenth. Don't tweet us you guys know a lot of you guys wished this a happy birthday. Yeah, our podcast turns six years old.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, on July. It's seventeenth. Seventeenth.
Speaker 2: That is technically we planned the planned the thing and you know recorded earlier.
Speaker 1: That was episode zero zero wow, six years ago. Give woud take a day at the middle of July. Wow. Anyway, coming up on my coming up on my one year of not working? Oh wow. The retired Life of David Brody August eighth. Yeah, well, I'm tired temporarily while I'm sleeping late every day. Yeah you got. I'll tell you what. You're getting a lot better sleep than I am, unless you've been woken up at three o'clock in the morning by your dishwasher thinking it was Robert.
Speaker 2: Scary texted me at ten fifteen today ten thirty. He's like, I'm off, let's do the podcast.
Speaker 1: Are you sleeping? Yes? I was, of course you're sleeping, you bastard. I can't stand it. I wonder what it's like my whole life. I never knew what it was like to wake up past five am. It's crazy, you know. You know what I'm thinking? What are you thinking?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sort of dipping my toe in the water with figuring out what i want to do next because I've I wanted to take time off and I've done that. I'm thinking an afternoon job maybe, you know in radio or similar industry.
Speaker 1: Later in the day. What's what are good hours?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is eleven to seven good hours? Is that a good eight hours? Eleven to seven, I think like ten thirty to six thirty? What difference does that make at that point? Dude?
Speaker 2: Well ten thirty, Well, because you missed eight am rush hour. At nine am, you slide into ten thirty ten traffic. Ten to six, ten to six is that one? No, six is too close to people working late. He's stuck in the traffic. So good ten thirty six thirty?
Speaker 1: Eleven is I think eleven of seven is like the ultimate eleven is seven.
Speaker 2: You get home watching baseball games, You can do.
Speaker 1: What you want to do. You can have an all night party and then still wake up at a decent hour to get to work. Yeah. I like eleven is seven. Let's keep that. I do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk to your bosses at the company, see if they can move the morning shuttle eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see how that goes. That's gonna be a great conversation. Yeah. No, I was saying, how the city's going to ship? I saw I saw a woman defecating between two park cars. Fun times, right, defecated like scary likes to defecate on the cars. It's getting better. Like like she was. She dropped trow and was literally shitting between two parked cars. This is the city we live in, folks.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a city thing scary there. People have always shipped in the streets. They're homeless.
Speaker 1: There's just more. There's more of them. There's more of them, They're all over I've noticed that. I haven't noticed the homeless problem. I go into the city a lot, not as much. Well, you don't go to the neighborhoods that I'm going through because I seempments. I see neighborhoods. I am shitty ones literally literally. I'll tell you what the problem with New York is. As a non marijuana smoker. Now that it's legal in New York and New Jersey, people are just doing it. And the problem with smoking pot is the smell. It's all over them, It's all in the air. I have a problem, but I don't like to smell. It's just me. Oh I smell it. I breathe in doubly, doubly, that's you. Maybe that's why you can't remember what day you were in the city. Perhaps anyway, I'm in the bank near my house and i'm by there's there's two counters at this bank, two tellers.
Speaker 2: I'm at the right teller. This guy comes in with a big head of hair and uh, he's got a military jacket on, like a green cat whatever.
Speaker 1: And he smells like pot and so bad scary. It was like you were in the call with him.
Speaker 2: And the teller is like, if you'll excuse me for a second, sir, and she has to walk away, and and the teller who's helping me looks at me and gives me the eye like holy shit. It was like remember pig Pen from from the Always had a cloud of dust following him. This guy had a cloud of pot around him. I couldn't breathe anyway. Later in the day, Yeah, Jeff and I go to the movies and I sit down and there's nobody to my right, and these two guys come in and sit down next to me on the right.
Speaker 1: We went to see Mission Impossible, which was very good. And these two guys must be related to the guy in the bank. They were reaking. I couldn't breathe in PTO rican'me of the movie. No, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know I said they were reacan. Yeah, no, they just so that's the problem with marijuana. It's like if you it's on you, so everyone around you gets to experience it. I still think you're into fantastic. I still think that's better than smoking crack.
Speaker 1: I think smoke all the pot you want, smell like pots, I don't care. We're we're have a list now of like what's the highest and the lowest? Yeah, I mean I think how often have you smelled crack? Scary? No, but I've been hanging out.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, like, at least they were at least they were smoking pot and they weren't doing crystal meth. You know, that's all just say. I'm not judging their lifestyle. I'm judging the aroma. And it wasn't even good pot, Like at least I know the difference. You can't. Good and bad pot have different smells. Yes, skunk weed? Have you heard that term?
Speaker 2: Some pot smells like cheap awful shit like skunk like like awful like shit on do you sink like the real?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I didn't know the pot had like you could you could you could smell how expensive it is. Yeah, there's grades like cigars. There's grades of everything. No, I know that, but I didn't know that you can discern it from the aroma.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean I could tell when it's Sometimes it smells worse than other times. I can't tell you if it's more expensive or not. But it was it smelled like, uh yeah, let me look up skunk weed smell.
Speaker 1: Skunk weed.
Speaker 2: Researches identified three methyl two buttine one thiole as the root cause of the signature skunky smell of hempen and cannabis.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't say.
Speaker 2: That it's cheap skunk weed good. The effects of skunk weed will vary depending on the individual. Most users report feeling happy you for it and relaxed after using this particular strain.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. It increases your levels of creativity. You know what? We could use some here on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, your end of it could. Yeah, you'll probably go to the movies anyway. Yeah, I'm not an expert, so don't quoe.
Speaker 1: Why you complain? Why are you complaining? This is my question. I don't like to smell. Oh, I'll tell you what else I don't like to smell?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 2: I don't like to smell cigarettes. All right, Well, I can't breathe them. They make me choke. Okay, they go in and it stops. Hold on, there's a reason I'm bringing this up. I went to see a fantastic Broadway show, really good Broadway show called The Cottage. And it's Eric McCormack and Laura what's her name, Linny No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: She was on Laurel Laura Bello.
Speaker 2: Laura bell Bundy, she was on How I Met Your Mother, And and one of the guys what's his name from SNL Alex Moffatt. Anyway, it's a period piece, takes place in maybe the twenties or thirties, and they all smoke in the show. There's a lot of smoking. But I would have assumed they use fake cigarettes. Oh no, they use real cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Oh the method.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they must have smoked I don't know, twenty cigarettes on stage. And you know, in New York you can't smoke indoors, so we're not used to that. There's no smoking in restaurants, there's no smoking in movie theaters. I can't smoke anywhere indoors, but they're smoking in the movie theater because it's part of the show. I guess they got permission, and it's real cigarettes, So the smoke is wafting into the audience and people are laughing and wheezing at the same time.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had that? People comedy clubs before the smoking band was like that. Yeah, it was terrible in the club they used to you know, you know, I used to go out at night to nightclubs and bars and my I used to come home with my clothes stinking so bad. Yeah. No, So I'm glad that they got rid of that. And then, you know, and in Miami was like one of the last ones to outlaw it. So, you know, in more recent times, I remember coming, you know, every time I was in Florida, it was like that. But now I don't I can't think of a state. I mean, maybe there's people listening that their state still allows it, where you could smoke at bars. I think was it a federal thing? I don't know, maybe no hold on, So maybe there's a few states twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: As of twenty eighteen, and may be an updated list of smoking bands in the United States. As of twenty eighteen, twelve states have not enacted a smoking ban that was five years. And if you had to guess where in the country they were located, what would you say?
Speaker 1: The South?
Speaker 2: Yep, all of them. Alabama. Again, I'm saying they're located in the South. South is big smokers. Statistically, twelve percent more smoking happens in the South. A lot of the tobacco companies are located in the South anyway, Alabama, Arkansas, or Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. And before you say Missouri's not in the South, when you're in New York, everything south mentally, so at least as a twenty eighteen, those are the.
Speaker 1: States that you can still indoors perfect. Those are the states I will not be visiting if I could help it with Scary and Brody. You know, maybe I'm I don't know, maybe I'm miserable. You don't have this problem with Brody, but I'm happy all the time. No, So, yesterday the radio station Z one hundred. Thanks Hillary Duff. So yesterday nailed it. You did.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, apologies, I accidentally said I think I said Lincoln Park instead of limp biscuit.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago. Okay, well let me let me, let me come clean Hillary who sings, come clean? Hillary Duff again. I was butt hurt that Z one turned forty years old yesterday. The rail station, Yeah, the rail station, and nobody acknowledged it. It was the weirdest non celebration celebration ever. And you know, some people were coming at me in my DMS and saying, oh, look at you, you you what do you expect? But here's what I don't. I don't expect anything personally. Okay, I'm just saying, forty years in the industry, you would think that one organization we work with, whether it be a record label or maybe an artist or a restaurant, a restaurant clients, fans, someone would have come through with some kind of food or something. So that's what you're upset about that. I was upset. Yeah, like, where's like, you know, where's Taylors Swift, even though it's probably the record label. You know, hey, happy forty and Z one hundred. Here's some cupcakes. Where's the celophane? Where's the celophane with the cookies that you know, some bakery might have favorite those Italian butter.
Speaker 2: By mid December when people started sending up, you know, holiday baskets, that's Scary's favorite.
Speaker 1: He runs to the cellophane. It was just weird, not even a card, something not for me for the radio station. I went on the air and I went on a rant about it until finally our good friend Tom Kelly, who warms up the good Good Morning America team or whatever. Yeah, some of you met him in our Brooklyn Boys meet up. Yep. He's like he heard my cry on the air, my bitching, and he went to Levan Bakery, which which has those good those cookies that were so thick they looked like fucking like mini cupcake buffin tops, and he brought them in and he threw them at me. He goes, happy fucking birthday, here's your fucking cookie. Scary like, shut up, which was but him was very nice of him to do that. We love you, Tom. But but the thing is, it's like, is it really that insignificant? Because on the on the side of that, I had Greg Teak running down the hall and it's like, huh, he goes birthdays. Who cares? He was Everyone's got a birthday, doesn't mean anything. So what why is your birthday more special? Every radio station is a birthday, every person is a birthday. But I just thought that after forty years, like a forty year is a commemorative moment. I'm not saying it's our thirty third birthday. I'm gonna say it's a personal birthday of a person. It's an entity, it's a station. It's probably the most important or radio station in top forty music. It is the most influential. Time they made a big deal about it.
Speaker 2: I think was the twenty fifth anniversary, right maybe when I started, I was right before the fifteenth anniversary. So I went to that and they had a big party at the Empire State Building and they invited back everybody who worked at ZE one hundred for the first fifteen years, so all the people you always listen to growing up bus anyway, Yeah, we're all there, every who's there and Scotch right, yeah, no, I know.
Speaker 1: And then people will say, okay, well, you know the audience that listens there, like in there, maybe maybe a lot of them are too young to remember, you know, so we don't really celebrate it, we don't really acknowledge it, which is fine. I'm not I'm not talking about on air. I'm not talking about for the customers. I'm just talking about someone we've people we've worked with all these years. It's like a behind the scenes I don't know. It's a uh it's a moment, right, wouldn't you say it's a milestone. So I don't know. I just felt like no one sent anything up. But the day when.
Speaker 2: Dowstation posted ten pictures on Instagram, uh, you know, retrospective pictures at least of the last Yeah, no, I get that. Again, that's not what I'm talking about. I was in one of them, so I'm very excited. It wasn't I wasn't in antagony, but I made it.
Speaker 1: I made it.
Speaker 2: You know why I made it because there was a picture from Elvis's awesome wedding and I was in that wedding picture.
Speaker 1: That's right. So I guess they couldn't find one without me. What are you're going to crop you out? No, I'm kidding. I know anyway, So my question is that I was all dressed up. That was some wedding, wasn't it scary? It really was wedding. Oh my god, what an event. We've talked about it on this podcast before. Probably, Yeah, that wedding ruined weddings for me because I can never go to another wedding after that that would ever even come close.
Speaker 2: But well, that was a destination wedding. We all had to go out to New Mexico. So only compare it to destination weddings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ah yeah, So maybe I'm crazy, but I just thought that maybe someone would do something. And I didn't get your take on this. I mean, and I know that you've got no skin in the game, Brody, but should and again, and I'm throwing this out there for other people too. It's like when something is celebrated and you have a milestone marker in maybe your life or whatever, you think that people would acknowledge it. I guess they don't.
Speaker 2: I guess he's kind of weird because the radio station turned forty, but nobody is there since the beginning, so you're not wish the people a happy birthday, you're wishing the station a happy birth.
Speaker 1: Then you can't give a radio station a cake. Well you can, I guess you can. You could throw it. You could throw it in the kitchen to everybody eat. I don't know, well, you could. You could give food to the staff. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: But then the people who don't eve been working there like two years, get a small piece. You would get a I could just see scary. I've been here twenty eight years. Give me that big piece.
Speaker 1: Ah my god. You know, listen, forty years old, a lot of people don't like turning forty. You didn't like turning forty. I'm okay with it. I was okay with it. I was, but in that respect. But when you were thirty eight you were like, huh fuck?
Speaker 2: So ims on Twitter? You mean x No, it's still Twitter. They just have axes the logo instead of the bird.
Speaker 1: Do they still say tweeting? You're tweeting or you're xing. I don't know when I say xing, I'm gonna x oh x out meaning yeah, taking a lot of drugs tweet. I made a joke that dad, don't off anybody. What did you tweet? I said?
Speaker 2: If if if if a bird logo means when you post, it's a tweet because it was a bird if. Now the logo is an X. When you send out a post, is it an excrement or an excretion?
Speaker 1: It's an excretion excreted. Yeah, Yeah, I'm still on there, but I think it's dead. Anyone who I'm sorry if you if you're listening and you use it, Twitter does nothing tell you what's dead.
Speaker 2: You ever have an idea, a good idea, and you think you're gonna make a million dollars and you don't do it right away, and then someone else comes out with the idea and makes the money. Oh well, two months ago, the hot new thing when people were turning on Elon and Twitter was blue Sky. Oh, blue Sky is the next big thing, and you download a blue Sky and it was created by the original founder of Twitter. So the guy who created Twitter, Jack, he sold Twitter to Elon and now he's starting his own company blue Sky. Well, remember Gmail, Back in the day, you couldn't get a Gmail account. Lets you had an invite. Yeah, so blue Sky said download the app, and then when you go to when you go to register, it says send us your email address to get on the waiting list, and when it's ready, we'll send you a code. Okay, okay, So all the all the all the newscasters are like, find me on my new find me on blue Sky and Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 1: You're like, this thing's blowing up. I've never heard of it. Blue Sky never heard of it, Brodie.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm surprised because usually Scary calls me and goes, dude, there's a new app.
Speaker 1: It's called you Got to Get your Name. You gotta get it, yeah, like Threads. Like when Threads came out, I was like, oh my god, they released it nine minutes ago. Go go yeah as a log on.
Speaker 2: Except you automatically get it from your Instagram account, right, So okay. But many times Scaries like there's this new one called Friender, and there's another one like I had like ten apps because Scars like this is the new big one. They all they all hit the toilet. So Blue Sky was going to be the next big thing because they had Jack the creative Twitter created it. Well, Jack the Rippers comes out, Yeah, Threads comes out, which, by the way, no one's on Threads. They're like, oh, ten million, one hundred million people signed up. They didn't really sign up, they just expanded from their Instagram account.
Speaker 1: They didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh, I'll just I'll open up Threads. It already has my log in and my followers whatever.
Speaker 1: But nobody's you. I mean I say nobody. You go on threads. Nobody's threading. No one's threading.
Speaker 2: Now it's it's having like big accounts, they're like occasionally threading. I put up posts, nobody comments, and everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody was saying, well, it's the fastest growing social media network of all time. Yeah, because because Instagram users just went all right, turned the switch, put that on. Yeah, press the button. Yeah good. It wasn't new.
Speaker 2: Users, it was already Instagram users, right, exactly, whatever, Exactly. The point is blue Sky sent me last week, they sent me my log in code, so I logged in.
Speaker 1: Nobody's on blue Sky, no nobody. There's no timeline, there's no there's no trending, there's no nothing. It's like going away with a periscope. Yeah. Well, you know what, you have a new thing. You can't keep people waiting for three weeks because Zuckerberg's snuck in with threads. So you fucked blue Sky. You fucked Oh blue Sky got fucked by threads. But now threads. Yeah, you know, you know, Twitter's having the last laugh here because they showed the side by sides of who's threading and who's tweeting and yeah, okay, so there was a major dip for about a week or so with Twitter as threads took over for a minute, right, but now threads is dead, are barely happening, and then and now Twitter is is going back to where it was because it isn't its own established thing. But I'll say that to be number two, you know, right, I'll say this though, I think Twitter's been dead for a long time. I'm I'm not even a fan. I I literally look at my Instagram and I get sucked into TikTok, watching tiktoks, and that's my life. Facebook. Fuck it, Facebook's there in the background occasionally, I'm not even I don't even look at Facebook. It's crazy. And I know I'm saying, like, scary, what happened to you? Yeah, scary, you're getting old. I just I just I don't have time for it. I don't have the bandwidth.
Speaker 2: Well, I have time, nothing but time. I have time for Twitter, Instagram and TikTok. But here's the thing about about Twitter. They in Elon's ideas of you know, loosening the stranglehold and freeing up everything, YadA, YadA, YadA. Every day I get people liking tweets that I sent years ago. They'll just be like, oh, Jasmine likes your tweet, and I'll look at it and be like, oh boy, I love twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Like I'm like, what when did I like? It's old tweets. I'm like, I don't wonder why are they liking old tweets?
Speaker 2: And every time you look at Jasmine and Michelle and they're Twitter whores. They're Twitter sluts. They're just sex accounts that are like spam accounts, and you look and they have no followers, they're not following anybody. They have links to sex sites and that's what they do. They want to go, oh, who like who liked my You click on it? So I block them. But it's like nine or ten a day we're like, ooh, Heather liked your tweet, and I'm like, Heather likes my tweet about about COVID, Like that was.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the new thing, is the Twitter sluts. Again, I'm not shaming anyone. They're not real women. They're just fake accounts with pictures of and you know, it's funny sometimes it's the same picture of the same woman but different accounts. Yeah, so that's what Twitter is. That's what Twitter is right now for me is uh is sex bots? Yeah, hey are spots.
Speaker 1: You know. People did send me some dms asking about when the next Brooklyn boys meetup is going to happen. Yeah, I got two of those, and I don't know. I mean, we have to We could plan it right here on this podcast. We could talk about it if you want to do you want to do one? I don't see. The thing is I want it to be called meat Up, but we don't necessarily have to do meat. We could do pizza, but then it would be could pizza up. We'd have to think of a clever name. But anyway, what are you thinking? I mean, and what's the timeline for this? We could call it slice it up? Slice it up? I don't know.
Speaker 2: We just slice, grab a slice, grab each other.
Speaker 1: I think. I don't know. I feel like pizza is more us. But I gotta tell you that steak that restaurant is so good. Yeah, Benjamin's Steakhouse. Why don't we invite people to one hundred and fifty dollars pizza fest that's going on in Brooklyn next month? Did you see that? How crazy is Itdente?
Speaker 2: David Portnoy from Barstool Sports is having twenty five of the top pizza places in New York out to come out to Brooklyn at a big open lot or something. Yeah, and it's well, you can eat pizza from the best of the best. The names on this list are unbelievable, some of them. But I'm thinking, scary, you and me, can we possibly eat one hundred and fifty dollars worth of pizza? I'm tempted, Like, I don't know. I don't have to gain fifteen pounds instantly.
Speaker 1: It's all carved. I don't think I could make up the money, but I think the experience of it is worth it. Like I think you're paying for the experience. I mean it's worth it. I don't think our slices would a show up one hundred and fifty dollars, But that's expensive for Doe and and Tomato sauce people from Hawaii again and all over the country. But that this reminds me, Brody, you're looking for a gig now now that you're free, you may want to apply to be the pizza influencer. Did you see this with our friend Illiar and our friends at Slice the Slice? Do google it right now, Brody. It's in the news right now. They're looking for a pizza that's an influencer to hire, pay him one hundred and ten thousand dollars a year, and all they do is go around eating and rating pizza. How great is that? The Slice app And this is not a commercial, by the way, they're not a sponsor right now. In fact, I contacted him this morning because we mentioned it on The Big Show and I said, hey, man, we're talking about you. Elvis actually said he wants to give up hosting the morning show and apply for this job. So yeah, So they're looking for somebody for one hundred and they'll get paid one hundred and ten thousand dollars and all you have to.
Speaker 2: Do three TikTok and Instagram reels a week. Yep, TikTok videos and Instagram reels three yep, and.
Speaker 1: All we gotta do is eat pizza. Brody, you'd be perfect for this. And we have an end. We know the owner, we know the CEO of Slice. Let's not advertise that becers. If I got the job, people were like, oh, it is them, but how great would that be? I mean, Brodie, it's a thing be a pizza influencer. You wouldn't do it. Yeah, I like the idea of it. You just don't like the You don't like what the told is going to take on your body after a year. Yeah, I don't. I know me. I'd like to just go take a bite. Take a bite. I'm eating a whole pie. No, I can't do that. It's a it's a great gig. Like I like the idea of it. It's out there. How do they apply, by the way, in case anyone let them, google it, Google slices, google it the slice app.
Speaker 2: I could see shady jew mobs are doing that. You take a break.
Speaker 1: So you you came cocked and loaded, ready to shoot earlier. Not what I don't know you like, dude, I got I got stuff. Speaking of cocks, did you see the pissed off pilot on the love tons of Flight? No, I'm the only one who read it, but I get all my shift from the post. The post is the best, The New York Post online. Hilarious. Okay, so there's love tons of pilot was trying to land in Germany and apparently they said the air traffic control says, nope, sorry you've been diverted. Go out and circle around a little bit. Okay, So he goes out and he and his flight path. He does the flight path in the shape of a penis on purpose. Oh I saw that he literally circles, makes one testicle, goes down, makes a shaft, comes up to the other side, makes another circle for another testicle, which I guess they have visual flight paths that have that draw the lines for the air traffic controllers. So that was his way of expressing disdain for having to divert his own flight. Now, the people in the plane didn't know what was going on because all they feel is just the plane going around and circles and making long whatever. But they said that he knew what he was doing. He claims ignorance.
Speaker 2: So there was a giant penis in the sky over Germany, right, But like he wasn't physically drawn in the sky. It was only on the screens of the people behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: It was like an if you know, you know thing. The people the air traffic controller dar on the radar. The radar people saw it. Yeah, they're like, this guy's drawing a dick with the airplane. It took him sixteen minutes and to him to finish. A lot of ladies would like that, Hey sixteen minutes. That's good. It finished in bonus time. Bonus time.
Speaker 2: We were talking about pizza. I had a bit of a pizza incident yesterday. If you'd like, I can share it with you.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a spaghetti incident like acxul Rose had back in eighty eight. Ha ha. Very nice.
Speaker 2: There's a pizza place near me that I go to all the time and I it has my favorite Sicilian pizza, square slice. No matter what I order for dinner, no matter what I order, I get a square slice as well.
Speaker 1: And when you.
Speaker 2: Call to place the order, I have to I have to ask them to check do you have any Sicilian corners left?
Speaker 1: And they'll check.
Speaker 2: They'll look over because the order the order section and the pizza sections on the one side of the place, and the pickup area and the ordering areas on the other side. If you walk in, so the guy says, yep, we got a corner slice. I do this every time. Then what they do is they take it and put it to the side. They wrap it in tinfoil like half rap it so that they can throw out the oven and it's put aside. So I placed my order, I go to pick it up and I go to the register on the right side of the of the pizza place, and there's a girl behind the register and she says, what are you picking up for?
Speaker 1: I said David.
Speaker 2: She said, oh, uh, yep, you get a slice. A slice with that right I said, yeah, a Sicilian corner slice. So she yells the other side and she says, I did a sillion corner slice. The guy says, now, do I have any more Sicilian? She goes, oh, I'm sorry, we have any more Sicilian. I'm staring at her and I said, okay, but I ordered it, and the guy said he put it aside for me.
Speaker 1: I ordered it twenty five minutes ago. Yeah, well we don't have we don't have any left, so I'll just take it off your order. Oh, I said nothing, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you taking it off my order, but I want a Sicilian corner slice. So how long before this is the Sillian corner slice comes out?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I think I think something similar to this happened to me the last time I was there, and I told a similar story.
Speaker 1: So it's just I don't know. Hey, how long for Sicilian? I need it right away?
Speaker 2: The guy says, seven minutes, I said, I don't wait seven minutes. I see the guy goes in the back and he takes that like a pre prepared dough already in the black pan. So he throws sauce and cheese on it, throws in the oven. Now you and I both know nothing cooks in seven minutes, now, like the pizza takes twenty. Yeah, So I say to the girl, I'll wait for the pizza.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: She's like, okay, whatever I said. Can you do me a favor? Can you take my veal palm hero that's sitting on the counter. Would you be so kind as to put it on top of the pizza oven so it stays warm? And she gives me one of these. Sure, Wow, she walks in the back. She puts it on the oven. She walks in the back like I asked, too much? Scary, too much?
Speaker 1: Too much?
Speaker 2: Will I wait twenty minutes? So I wait, wait, wait, wait wait. The guy comes out. It takes the pizza Sicilian pie out of the oven and he calls me over. He says, I'm cutting the pie up. How many slices did you did you want? I said, one corner slice. He says, no, man, how many do you want? That's what do you mean? He goes, oh, I said, are you offering me more pizza? Because I waited twenty minutes? He goes, yeah, I gotta do it right by you. I said, well, i'll take three slices.
Speaker 1: Then why three?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No? Because I said jokingly, I said three.
Speaker 2: He goes all right. I think he was gonna say yes. He goes, yeah, fine, I'll give you three corners. I go, okay, wow, you waited twenty minutes. You were nice about it. We'll do what'll take what we'll take.
Speaker 1: We'll do right by that's cool. So that's that's nice. That's like the right thing to do. Yeah, instead of giving me the huffin puff. I love how you went from one. See see. My mind would have been like, I give me an extra one, I'll take two, but you went immediately went for three. I love you. I figured I would joke and he and he go, yeah, i'll give you two. How about you should have said five when there's only four corners. No, that was that's that that would be the joke, because there's only four corners. I can't eat three pieces with reveal palm here. I was like I go give me three. I keep one of the corners for somebody else. He goes, oh, you can have all three? What he goes, Yeah, you wait twenty minutes, He goes, enjoy it. That's a dumb question. Yeah, why do you like the corner? I feel like you don't. I feel like you got ripped off with the corner. You don't get enough of the pizza part because there is usually neglected in the grand scheme of a pie when they're laying out all the fucking ingredients. I feel like the corner has the least cheese, the least bit of sauce, and you get the most crushed and I know the crust.
Speaker 2: When you go to L and B's in Brooklyn, don't get a corner because they always it's all bread. It is, and you don't get any of the pizza. But this place, you go to a place that makes like different, a real Sicilian Llenb's is its own thing. This place not only has unbelievable crust, scary, but they put so much cheese on it that the cheese melts over the crust. And when I'm driving home, I always eat a slice on my way home. You need a hand a handle. I need a handle. That's why I go for the corner. Sometimes I'll do like a corner on a side, but never the middle.
Speaker 1: It's too messy. I gotta have a handle. Pizza has a handle, so they got to have that. Gotta have that.
Speaker 2: But that was my one of two free dessert stories this week. The other one I thought you'd be very proud of, very proud of.
Speaker 1: You're a Mets fan, right, I mean I was until they decided to be sellers. I'm so angry with their meta. No, not a fair weather fan. Let's not get baseball now. Okay, okay, Well, the trade deadline happened. Here's my short take on this. This trade deadline happened here at at the beginning of all no trades. After the deadline, no trades, So teams have to make up their mind, shit or get off the pot. Do they do they want to do they want to sell or sell all their players off because we suck and we'll rebuild for next year. Or do we want to collect and buy to maybe buy up an arsenal to go for it. The Mets at that point were six games out of the wild card. They had a shot, So you're saying there's a chance twelve yet, well with this with with two months to go, two full months to go, So okay, the Baseball odds with twelve percent, I think fifteen rough whatever it is. My point is the Mets were just and they were kind of on a hot streak. They were kind of warming up a little bit, and then all of a sudden they decided to get rid of all the players and said, fuck it, we'll see you next year. So my my take on that is, oh, if that's how you're gonna be, then me, as a as a sports fan, as somebody who wants to come in and watch them win, I'm gonna save myself the money and the misery the same way you're saving you're saving them yourself money by by unloading all these expensive salaries. I'm gonna save money by not showing up this year for the rest of the year because we've got nothing. Obviously, You've told everyone on the team there's nothing to play for, so bye. Everyone's going, well, I'm sorry, but that's it. So now yesterday they they lost for nothing yesterday and so and I'm still a fan, but it's like, why should I show up? Why should I support Why should I go out, drink the beer, eat the food, pay the parking, pay all these You're a fan for what to see them lose. They have no shot, they've got no pitching, They've got nobody. When I'm at the when I'm in the owner's booth next week the suite, I will tell her that you are not coming to any other don't be that dish. I have faith.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something about the Cohen family that owns the team, and not because we're friendly with you. With Alex, they have done a great job of making up for bad things. And I have a feeling they're going to lower ticket prices for the rest of the year. They're going to give the season ticket holders some things. And I'm telling you they're gonna do the right thing. They are I trust them anyway. So, as a big Mets fan in New York, there's two ways to watch the Mets. Either they're on the Mets Network or they're on pix eleven in New York. Now, you don't have to be a sports fan to understand or whatever, but just know that you can be on the Mets Network and then a couple of games a week are on the local station in New York.
Speaker 1: It's pi X eleven. Okay, picks, picks.
Speaker 2: I have direct TV yep, nice nineteen eighties reference and Television. I have Direct TV.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: DirecTV has a contract with every station that's on DirecTV, every network, and the contract ran out.
Speaker 1: With wpi X.
Speaker 2: So these two big companies are fighting over how much to pay each other to carry uh pix on DirecTV R. Well, because of that, there's no Mets games on Channel eleven. I can't watch and you can't watch out of town games because they're blacked out the Mets games because they're supposed to be on in New York even though they're not. So I'm paying for direct TV. So I call up Direct TV and I say, hey, listen, we speak to the retention department. And I said, listen, I'm very upset I don't have Channel eleven. It said, oh, you know, it's not our fault, it's I.
Speaker 1: Need to speak to the anal retention department. Yeah, the anal retentive the anal retentive department. Please. They have a pre prepared speech. Okay, of course they do, because they think thousands of complaints. Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just want you to know it's not our fault. We're working hard to return your service or just having a difficulty getting dealing with the network working on it diligently.
Speaker 1: Fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's it's everybody's fucking fault. It's not my fault. That's whose fault. It's not mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're the one paying for it, right.
Speaker 2: So I said, look, I am one of my favorite channels is the one I watched the Met games on. So even though I'm paying whatever one hundred and seventy eighty dollars a month with whatever, a lot of those channels, I don't watch this channel I watch because of the Mets games. So I would like a refund for my channel.
Speaker 1: That I'm not getting. I would like a discount. So she says, I'll tell you what I'll do. I give you.
Speaker 2: Ten dollars off this month, and I'll take three dollars off your showtime bill for four months. Huh, that's twelve dollars. So I'm getting twenty two dollars back for out of already it's been a month out of one hundred and ninety plus DVRs everything else I pay for DirecTV.
Speaker 1: So I said, that's not enough. That's not enough free dessert.
Speaker 2: I says, well, there's nothing I can do unless I give you. I put you in touch with the the supervisor of the retention department.
Speaker 1: I said, that's fine, Say less, that's fine, put them on. Yeah, yeah, I say, because I don't. I don't care whose fault it is. I pay you, so it's everybody's fault up.
Speaker 2: So get I get the guy, the supervisor, allegedly supervisor, who knows if they just handed to the next guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Probably, sir, you've been with Thank you for being a direct TV customer for so many years. You're a very valued customer. I said, Look, twenty two dollars is not enough. I can't watch my favorite team that you can't stream it on DirecTV because it's a long story. Don't try to don't tweet me with solutions, please, I love you, guys. There's no other way to do it. Okay, okay, So the guy says to me, I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll give you fifty five dollars off your bill. So I'm like, uh huh. He says, for twelve months.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, wait, hold on a second now.
Speaker 2: So he gave me fifty five dollars, which is six hundred and sixty dollars m YO plus the twenty two dollars I got from the first woman. I got six hundred and eighty two dollars off of my direct TV bill because I called and complained about something that I had legit problems with and they stood up and they said, you're.
Speaker 1: Right, it works. One hundred and eighty two dollars. That's awesome, dude, Boom, that's a home run, no pun intend it's a home run even though you can't watch. It's a Grand Slam, right exactly. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: But shout out to the couple of people are slices who sent me bootleg sites to watch the game, and somebody who sent me their log in code for the cable system.
Speaker 1: And the problem still streaming. Still, this problem still exists, right because you haven't still can't watch the game. Yeah, when it's on the picks.
Speaker 2: So if somebody cancels your favorite channel on your service, don't don't pay full amount. Even if they canceled the Food Network and you don't watch the Food Network, all of a sudden, the Food Network.
Speaker 1: Is your favorite channel. Let your cable or cable company or satellite company know that that's the If Game Show Network is off the air, you'll let them know that is your favorite station. Threaten and tell them that you are heart broken and threatened to cancel your subscription. You'll see how much money you get back real quick, real fucking quick. That's it, man, that is an accomplishment. Yeah, so I thought I would share O with the slices. That's good. That's good. I love that we have some talkbacks to you. I love the talkbacks. That's my favorite news saying. By the way, I love that for you. Like when something bad happens to somebody in real life. Yeah, and they're like they put a meme up. They go, I love that for you. I love that for you. But that that doesn't mean that necessarily mean they love it for them. No, it means like it's a bad thing that's happening to this guy. I love that for you. I love that you get a big kick out of that. Love that. That's my favorite exquession. So if you listen on the iHeartRadio channel to us app app, click on the microphone and I'll leave us a talk back. This is someone feeding back from us episode sixty three three. What did they have to say for themselves?
Speaker 3: Hey, Brody and Scary Jamie from Queen's Here. I wanted to comment about the dogs. I was a dog walker in college and used to dogs two male dogs for a friend of mine.
Speaker 6: They had a game that I called hissed Chicken where both dogs would stand there smelling the same tree in the same spot, and it was a matter of which one was going to pull the trigger and pee there first. It was weird but hilarious to watch.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, because we have a p second gets the pe any of the dog's pee.
Speaker 1: Yes, that makes sense, I got you.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hey Brody and Scary Jamie, I have to say scary and wrong.
Speaker 3: Should always ask permission before posting, before tagging people on social media. I don't care where you are. I asked permission in my own home because you never know what someone'saying, like, you never know what they may or may not want on their.
Speaker 1: Social understood, all right, thank you? Yep, she's right lever alone, She's right, man. I should have stopped at her first one. She's fantastic. We love her.
Speaker 7: Call the NP from bayone. It is not a wise tell. It is true your computer system runs diagnostic on itself and can trigger a check engine light for a possible fuel leak or, as the service department knows it, evaporator system leak. Scary is wrong.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, so they're talking about the game all the gas tank. I'm wrong again, all right. I still think that it didn't meet and make a difference if you whether you turned off the engine or not while you're getting gassed. But apparently there's some truth to that. I'm not gonna disprove him because he took the time. The research is scary.
Speaker 5: I think at this point you might as well just go drive the Brodie's house, get in your slim trunks, get a bottle of scotch, doing his pool. Just invite yourself.
Speaker 6: Oo.
Speaker 5: It's just like you're killing somebody's privacy. You just still do that.
Speaker 1: You guys have Stiver broad his house and just.
Speaker 5: Going his pool, open the gate and going the pool, buddy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he was trying to be serious or facetious there, but no, no, don't tell scared to just show up at my house. He's got a point. I may just show up an announcement. What are you gonna tell the cops. I'll call the cops. Yeah, you know where I might dry and then I'm gonna rat you out and tell them that it was your dishwatcher the whole time. Shut up, man, shut up.
Speaker 8: I saw Brooklyn Boys. Jonathan here from Brooklyn episode two sixty three. Yeah, I'm with you with the way you're driving New York. I'm scary right now. I live in PA and uh, every time I go to Brooklyn, my wife is like, oh, why you were switching up? How drive well? Because if I don't switch it up, I'm never gonna make it nowhere. Brody's stop being a backseat driver, by the way.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's because you drive like a maniac. Yeah. His voice does not match his driving mannerism, that's for sure. He's like it's like he's like leaning back in the seat. He's like, I just want you to know I drive like a fucking maniac.
Speaker 9: Hide boys. Christy from Saddlebrooks Twice for Life. I agree with Greg t and Brody Skeary. You should have checked with him first before posting my God. But on the other hand, he could have asked you if you would have liked a drink or a shot before leaving of that expensive whiskey. When I go to a party, I bring a nice bottle of wine. I'll say to the host or hostess, this is for your consumption only, not the party. If it's a tray of cookies, and by all means serve the cookies.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, fair enough. So I'm one and one on that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, but can you bring a fancy bottle of liquor and tell a person, hey, don't serve at the party, it's for you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I went to my boy tall Joe's house for Halloween. Oh whoa, whoa what tall Darren? Who's tall Joe? Tall Joe? I mean he's a he's a you know, I know, I know seven Joe's and then tall Joe. Well, of course you do. We Well, his name is Joevopicicelli. We call him Joe Pacelli. So tall Joe. So why why is he told me I bought him the bottle of because he's six foot seven? Okay?
Speaker 2: Literally, how tall is tall Darren? Six foot six? So he's taller Joe he is? Okay, so he's not Indian.
Speaker 1: I did bring a bottle Indian class a azoul to Halloween party, and uh, class. Joe displayed it to everyone, opened it up. It was gone in about maybe five minutes. The whole party jump so expensive tequila past that ship over here. Yeah, so I could kind of understand what she's say on that talk.
Speaker 10: Backy Brooklyn boys, Michael again, Hey, uh so a couple of things. Yep, Scary, you want to greg T's pool, He runs the risk that you will take a picture and post it unless there was talked about before. I have a pool in my backyard too, but I don't act that way. But then again, who am I?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 10: Brodie's right, you do need to shut your care off when you're filling up.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: One of the most important ones is that it will cause the engine light to turn on in a lot of cars because you're the engine's running and there's a vacuum that happens when a car is Yep.
Speaker 1: Probably continuation here. Yep, Michael again, I'm continuing.
Speaker 10: Yes, so the car has a vacuum on the fuel lines, the return lines, all that stuff, and it's just common sense to turn it off and nothing to do with a live stale ask you mechanic. Maybe Scary doesn't take his car to mechanic when it's broken. He gets a new one.
Speaker 1: But anyway, end of argument. I guess my mechanics are Manny mow and Jack. I'm gonna ask them. No, you asked the big guy pumping the gas.
Speaker 9: It's not necessary, sorry b boys, Christy Again, I should really wait to hear the whole podcast before I comment.
Speaker 1: But some people can't help themselves.
Speaker 3: Turn your engine off.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a hazard.
Speaker 9: And if you notice, a lot of stations will even have a sticker or a sign that says, please.
Speaker 3: Turn off your engine.
Speaker 1: So there's that. Be safe, thanks for now for now. That's how it feels. That's her, that's her key word there for now. That's chout for now, but she'll be back guaranteed. Okay, what's going on? You're fucked up straight, a fucking voice on the podcast.
Speaker 3: So here's a little song for great t.
Speaker 1: Fuck you fuck you give me?
Speaker 3: That's what bank? Fuck you? Hey, Greg?
Speaker 1: Just what fuck fuck you? Calf And now okay catchy, very catchy, that's got a good beat. Scary from the box.
Speaker 11: Again, I back because body is wrong.
Speaker 12: It's not wrong.
Speaker 11: Gets me too on the teeth, So again I think this before is obviously Italian thing oh no matter what he speaks, Okay, keep up to the word calf and app all right.
Speaker 1: I think he's in the pool underwater leaving that message.
Speaker 7: Brody, you messed up.
Speaker 13: You didn't correct scary when he said deers it's de right.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, but I also I did it on accident, speaking of on accident by accident and saying phrase is wrong. You remember our friend Ricky Ricky, yeah, of course, who now has her own morning show in Tennessee Nashville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she posted this meet this. Uh it looks like somebody else's tweet, but she said no freaking way, meaning she probably didn't know either. The tweet says it took me twenty one years to realize it's hard as hell, not hard as hell.
Speaker 1: No, it is hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then someone else trote I was today years old when I found this out. I don't know if she's saying no freaking way that this person didn't know, or that, oh, she also didn't know. She got it off that crackhead on TikTok, who's yeah, it's hard as hell, not hard.
Speaker 1: As hell, so thank you for that, But it really is hard as hell.
Speaker 14: Hey, broken boys, Scary and Brody, Brody and Scary. This is Marylynd from Omaha. I'm responding to your talk bags on episode two sixty three about the episode two and that Miami dude that called a million times saying Marylyn is wrong.
Speaker 4: Marilyn is not wrong. Scary had no idea the owner was going to camp the breakfast. If he did, he would have told him, Hey, comp it the next time he got you your steak dinner because he didn't know.
Speaker 14: Not his fault.
Speaker 1: Not that's right, the age old argument, did I buy Brodie his steak dinner? And the answer there is Malon's wrong. Nope, I brought you your steak dinner. Everyone go back and listen. You'll side with me if you knew the whole story.
Speaker 15: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Jenna calling in from Ringwood, New Jersey. I just wanted to comment on the most recent episode where you had Greg Ta on the podcast, not calling with what you actually asked us to comment on in the talkbacks, but just had to mention about when he said about putting women in their place and have to let the little lady know where she stands. I wanted to jump through the phone and choke him and I'm so grateful. It was not either one of you that said that place.
Speaker 1: For life, thank you, and we would nor would we say that, nor do we feel that way. But we give people enough rope to hang themselves, hence Greg ta and yeah, we were cringing as well. I wanted to punch him. In fact, next time I see him, I'm gonna punch him in the face. For no reason. I'll say it was from a little lady in Ringwood. Hey, a little lady wanted you to know this.
Speaker 13: Boom, Hey, Brooklyn boys. Is Peter calling from the three ZH five listening to episode two sixty two, note breakfast for you. I kind of see it from both sides of the coin. On the part of the restaurant. You know, they have to have that closing hour because otherwise people will be coming in and saying.
Speaker 14: Well it's only eleven oh one.
Speaker 7: Well it's only.
Speaker 12: Eleven oh two. So yeah, I kind of see their coin.
Speaker 13: But at the same time, they should have a transition menu something that you can get breakfast items after that closing.
Speaker 1: You know what, I thought about it long and hard, and I think that if you put out a breakfast menu and you say it closes at ten forty five, but secretly, off the record, you stop at eleven. I think that's a better play because now I come in at eleven o'clock and it's way too late. It's fifteen minutes over and I look like the dick. So state breakfast stops at ten forty five. How about that? And then if I come in at ten to eleven and at ten forty five, no, you'll then you walk into ten forty No your breakfast, No, it really, it really ends at eleven, but you print on the menus and you tell people it ends at ten forty five. Then someone walks into ten fifty five, you make them their breakfast, and you look like a hero. That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 14: Brody, you are correct.
Speaker 3: This is Tamara from downstate New York. People call it upstate, but it's really not upstate.
Speaker 1: It's Binghamton. But you commented on liking my attitude, so.
Speaker 11: Fuck yeah, Brody, I've always liked you the most.
Speaker 2: Don't love you scary, but Brody's my boy.
Speaker 1: That's that's your problem.
Speaker 2: As so, New York State is so big that what we call upstate is actually dow downstate, but we call it upstate because it's still upstate of New York.
Speaker 1: If you look at a map, it makes a lot of sense it's downstate, but to us it's more like mid state. Binghamton is two and a half hours north of the city, roughly, that's upstate, but it's downstate. It's not the city, it's downstate. It's the state. It's it's New York State. I'm part of the part that isn't isn't New York City? Right? Yes? Right?
Speaker 13: Calling you from the three to zero five? What us Commenting on episode two sixty two when Monocam did his talk back saying that we're all the Brody fans when Brodie's right, I gotta say, guys, if we Brody fans complemented you or talked back every single time that Brody was right, you'd have no time on the show to talk about anything else because, guess what, Brodie's always right. So take the win, buddy.
Speaker 1: Very funny. Brody is not always right. Brody's a cocky son of a bitch, and he's wrong. When he's wrong, you need to rub his nose in it. I'm just saying you do.
Speaker 2: Well because it's rare. By the way, it's hard as hell and hard as Hall. Both the correct, but it started out being hard as hall originally.
Speaker 1: Who knew? People said both ways? Scary.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's kind of ridiculous that you're.
Speaker 9: So incensed that they would not serve you breakfast at eleven o'clock. Eleven o'clock cut off.
Speaker 3: They had moved on. You needed to move on enough sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I could take my take, my lumps. That's your opinion, your opinion. Oh three, Brody, scary, scary Brody. This is Williams What Atlanta, Georgia, episode number two fifty nine.
Speaker 7: Around the hour and sixteen minute mark, when you've congratulating Ricky.
Speaker 1: You said that she was a host of a radio show and the great city of Tennessee, Nashville. I met Tennessee is a stop Okay, okay, right, but it's a market. We know what we know. It's a market. I met market, last one, last one. Then we gotta go.
Speaker 12: Sorry about that, Brody, Sorry, but regarding that commercial, you're wrong, she said, So I think from now on it's gonna have to be demoted and this will be the Brooklyn Boys scary and brody by.
Speaker 1: Deed because of an ass from like a month ago. You are an ass. You're a giant ass, brody, giant ass. Yeah, but I don't hear it all right, fair enough? Are we really going to be serious about about doing another meetup or what? Because now the slice is going to start asking because we we got to find a date maybe in September October? What about what about early October? Well, we got to find a place.
Speaker 2: We gotta figure out who wants to sponsor us, and and and open up their restaurant US.
Speaker 1: A lot goes into that. So is it in the city, right, people? What if we what if we went on a road trip? What if we did it in another city? How are we getting there? I mean unching my dogs when my wife's at work. Be it venturous, man, I want to take this to Florida. I want to take this bitch to Florida. Okay, but now listen, I love Florida. But I have no New Yorkers people in the south, right, I gonna have only a couple of New Yorkers Pennsylvania. We should go to Philly. Philly is a big city. With that, it's close enough to New York. On it.
Speaker 2: Let's work on it. Let's not spend twenty minutes of slice time to meet. We'll work on it all.
Speaker 1: Right, Are you gonna go get that job or what one hundred and ten thousand dollars pizza.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you where we could have to meet up the next time if you want. Boy Boy's not Rocker.