Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning, everybody, It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Law La Rosa, it's here, and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 4: Hell Ky Walker.
Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Andrews Shows.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome.
Speaker 1: How's it going.
Speaker 5: How you feeling?
Speaker 4: I feel good, man.
Speaker 3: You know it's crazy. I was talking to Charlemagne about you yesterday. I was like, we've been doing the Breakfast Club so long. We got a real opportunity to see different people grow and and you were one of them. I was like, I remember andrew Shows starting off, and in the fact I seen a couple of months ago that you were. You sold out the Garden a couple of times and had your dad with you, so light work.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I was like, so how does that feel that girlfriend?
Speaker 3: We actually seen the grind, so people can't just say it was overnight because it's white.
Speaker 5: No, we actually seen the grind.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was a while. I remember the first time I came to the Breakfast Club. I think Charlomagne walked out there five minutes. I was so excited. I was like, hey, man, come on show you. He was like, yah, I got you, bro. He comes and he starts to show you. I got my man showleds here. All right, I'll take it away, and then he just left.
Speaker 4: But it was still a great interview.
Speaker 2: With this one. I'm gonna sit here and I'm gonna talk, but I'm like, I'm more interested.
Speaker 1: To hear what Lauren.
Speaker 4: And that was my guy.
Speaker 6: I was telling my friend. I was like, it was like, what that's trying to make Homie? I said, I promise you he's gonna be like, I'm not going to talk. I want to hear what y'all have to Because I.
Speaker 2: Talked, I know what he thinks about things, but I want to talk every week. Yes, I'm more interested to here with with.
Speaker 1: You'll think he's gonna chime in. You'll see once he gets a little spicy, he gets a little spicy, he'll be in there.
Speaker 5: So I want.
Speaker 1: I want to tell man, you had all of us thinking that that poor girl's family died. Yeah, portion Williams, I was terrifying. He's looking at this note and then I see her looking at the note and then I'm like, Damn, somebody died and the only thing I'm thinking is is she gonna stop the interview? You know what I mean, like, yeah, there's this moment where you're like, does she care so much about fame? She's like, well, they already dead. They ain't gonna be bored.
Speaker 6: She started to get teary eye, and the way she looked at her sister, I thought somebody died too. And I'm like, ship, all I was saying, is weird getting exclusive?
Speaker 2: She works.
Speaker 6: Like major exclusive right here that I'm like, let me see what it said because I need to anchor in his headline. But see after TMV brain from Yeah and I'm so bad and I love sorry for not gonna no everybody's good, I said, I.
Speaker 5: Know Charlamage, even though he's an asshole.
Speaker 3: If that would happen, he would have stopped the interview and be like, hey, I need you to outside. I know him for that that. I knew it would have been some type of joke. I just don't know how far he was gonna go.
Speaker 2: You know, It's funny when Schor walked in, Shultz looked at that couch and he was like, Yo, that's the whole couch, big d.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. Now the couches the I mean, I remember we were on Brilliant Idiots when we first saw that and uh yo, oh my god, and said, uh so, why is she called the lift? She should you know she why didn't she call a she called a forklift?
Speaker 2: And uh.
Speaker 1: And then she came on. It was really funny, like I was watching the episode and she's quite endearing. She's just like really really endearing voice. But when you guys moved the couch up and I walked in, I was like, oh, that's the famous couch and I didn't know that there are three pieces one part semi circle out, so you know, we pulled the whole thing up. Yeah, she filled that thing out. There's no way she's making into Hanna Civic, Like there's no way.
Speaker 6: She said she could get into PC Cruiser.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, maybe God bless her.
Speaker 5: I wanted to know.
Speaker 3: You know, with this day and age with comedy, right, we've recently seen Damian Waye say he's not going back on the road because they will cancel you for everything. But you are somebody that don't give a f what you say, what people think, and why is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know, that's a good. That's a good Uh. I don't know why. I don't really care, but I think that the days of canceling or done like I think I think it's changed, which I think they kind of like pendulum is swung, and I think people kind of have a sense of humor now or they feel like less effective and there's their ability to cancel.
Speaker 2: I think you don't care because you do what could have been a hail Mary, or it could have been a well coordinated play. It turned out to be a well quarter because when Hollywood there was a period and I remember this vividly. One time Andrew comes in the studio. And Andrew was saying how his agent told him that Hollywood does not want white straight.
Speaker 5: No, they tried to gave me white straight male.
Speaker 1: So they gave me, they gave you, They gave me.
Speaker 6: Every day with me to try dating.
Speaker 1: They gave me and they made my character gay film. Yeah, it was say what, go ahead, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: Because you know it's always been that thing of like that happens to black men, and that's how you.
Speaker 1: Like, that's just like that's just like the lowest hanging through. I don't think the dress ship is is about being gay. I just think that, like it's it's white people writing scripts that like don't have any friends that aren't white. So then when they see black people, they see masculinity, right, like this is there, like like what is it? Unconscious like bias? Right, So they see black dudes like, oh, that's the most masculine thing. So like, what's the funniest thing to see the most mascul masculin thing in a dress? Like to see the rock and a dress is funny, you know. So I think that's really it's like Arnold Schwarzenegger. I think they did it to him too, because you just see this big, buff guy in a dress. But yeah, they I remember the guy who I remember the guy who it was his show. He put me in the show Paul Riser. Remember Paul Riser? He I mean he was making a million dollars an episode on his show on sitcom back in the day. You remember the fuck I'm talking about. He was like one of the biggest sitcoms starts. He's a great guy, and we were doing the show I think it ended up on Hulu and he called me. He's like, listen, man, you know, there's a lot of white people on the show. It took place in the seventies. It was about the Johnny Carson Show. He's like two weeks before you start feeling. He's like, hey man, we gotta make a character gay. And I was like, what do you what do you mean by that?
Speaker 5: He's how.
Speaker 1: This is before this before Yeah, so I was he was like how. I was like, how gay? And he's, uh, he's I was like, why do we have to make it gay. He's like, it's just a lot of white people on the shows. We got to find a way to mix it up. They made one guy crippled. That was the most hilarious. I don't know, but it was like they couldn't make us all gay, so like one guy gotta be crippled.
Speaker 5: And I was like, why don't.
Speaker 1: You ask I better be limping around this ship than butt, you know, so and so guy so so yeah, so they made it was crazy, like I had to change one of the scripts. It was to one of the guys.
Speaker 5: It got too gay.
Speaker 1: They wanted to get gang bangs like they they had, so they had like this one script. I got it on the day. They're like, yea, it'd be really funny if you were like walking into this room. There's three guys behind you, and I was like, man, let me tell you what's not y'all taking this daship too far?
Speaker 6: I want you to get the train.
Speaker 1: It was and it was like in the seventies or like it was like aids, you know what. I like, there was no protection for that ship and now we got three different guys ballow me into a bedroom.
Speaker 2: So that was in the script.
Speaker 1: But I was in the script and I was like, I ain't doing that ship.
Speaker 5: I was like, so what did you do?
Speaker 1: There's a scene where apparently now like my hands are on the wall, and then like Johnny, yeah, but nothing. I don't do anything. But the audience is gay for thinking about it, y'all. I don't my hands on the wall.
Speaker 2: But all I was simply saying was there was a point where Andrew was like, look, I'm gonna go out on my own terms.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So if everybody's going this way, I'm gonna make the kind of comedy I wanted me and if it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: But it ended up working. I did.
Speaker 1: My thing was like I saw a lot of people kind of watering down their shit for what the TV networks were putting on. And I got empathy for the people that work at the networks too, Like you got a kid who's in private school, you want to build a pool at your house or whatever. You're not trying to lose your job because I want to make some crazy joke. So but it felt water down, and I didn't want to change the comedy. So I was like, where can I put out the comedy? And honestly, like having the pod with Charlott Mane and we're putting out like brilliant idiot stuff and we're saying crazy jokes and like people really seem to like it, And I was like, I think there's an appetite for this shit online. I saw your Guys' success, Like just seeing your Guys show kill It on YouTube, it just kind of reminded me like people are consuming stuff on YouTube, They're consuming high quality content long form. You know what if we just started putting a stand about there, and I think knowing that there was this place for it made me feel way more confident. I didn't really care if it was like on a network. I just wanted to do the comedy. I want to do it and then it worked.
Speaker 2: Man, that was risky because you was giving away your bread and butter though, because you're giving up parts of your stand up special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true. But at the same time, it's like I was writing so much, you know, back then, because I had to go back to the same markets every single year. I had to go back to all many every single year. So I didn't want to do the same jokes from last year, you know, like people like that's something like early on, I was like, I'm not gonna waste people's money, you know, every tour. I was like, people work hard, they got to get a babysitter, like they got it's a whole night, it's dinner. It's expensive to come out to a show. So I was like, this got to be the best show that they see. At least we had attempt to make it. So I would have a new set, and then what was I doing for the old set? And I put that ship out there, and like the jokes would start to go over and I was saying, some wild ship and.
Speaker 3: You pissed a lot of people off, and you ever got threatened? Yeah, I think Diddy, but you you would had a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Were thinking about when he said that, when you hear that name, what comes out? Like, what do you think the baby behind behind you? I love how much you guys to embraced white boyfriend.
Speaker 2: It makes me.
Speaker 1: So happy, Like that's a white boy you guys are you guys are the black pioneers A white boyfriend like I feel and you know what you know and the way he goes too far like you know, white boyfriend is no, I'm please, just like straight guys making gay jokes with each other.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, that my old job. Yeah that is very white exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we just call that gay.
Speaker 1: Well, we call white boyfriend because it's not gay. It's two straight guys doing it, okay, yeah, but once there's a gay guy involved, then it becomes gay.
Speaker 6: No, So the white boyfriend I experienced at my last job, there would be a gay guy involved and it still was just oh, this is a great this is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, but that's what they said in the office. But when they left, they were like, yo, they're gay for doing that.
Speaker 5: Ship.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you that's yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was my first time seeing it. I was like wow, and you didn't.
Speaker 1: Know what to think, right, yeah. Yeah, so this is like classic you know when white dudes hang out that it's all gay jokes. Okay and Mexican shout of Mexican. Mexican got good.
Speaker 2: Gay Oh few definitely got Remember on training day with a dude was like, you've had your ship pushed in?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that seemed like rape.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he was joking about that is like a I didn't understand why we wanted that.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't you want him to go go get an animal, bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah you want to clean that out, know? So okay, so Mexican gay jokes. No, they never want to eat the corn a long way.
Speaker 3: That usually you know, you haven't seen a dude the long way.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Finished my shot.
Speaker 3: When I was asking have you got threatened to a point where he was like I got a chill out because you anybody anyhow I got I got punched on stage.
Speaker 1: I used to get thrown at me.
Speaker 4: Fight uh not I mean box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to box like I wasn't like but I'm not like something like trying to fight everybody tough guy at all.
Speaker 6: But box and plates.
Speaker 1: Yeah there you go.
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we're organized and we're in a ring, I'll probably fuck you up from the street and ship. I'm like, I don't really want to go do all that, but but yeah, yeah, I used to go through through that kind of stuff all the time, but I just wasn't really funny enough back then. That's the way, you know, like you have the ideas, you just don't got the skills to execute it. It's not silly enough yet. And then eventually I think you could develop the skills and then you could say even wilder jokes but in a way where people find it kind of funny and sow, that's something I.
Speaker 2: Never heard you say. I never heard you say you didn't feel like he was funny enough back then.
Speaker 1: As I look back, as I look back, like, you know, like there was I was. I had funny jokes, but I also just didn't have the skills to execute some other ones. So it would just be I just say some wild shit and I'm like, yeah, this is funny, and then you know, sometimes the jokes are work, and then sometimes they just really wouldn't work. But I feel like now I'm getting close to a point where even if somebody hates the topic I'm talking about, I can make it funny enough where they could they could laugh at it.
Speaker 6: You talked about the censorship era being good for comedy because it set like certain boundaries.
Speaker 1: Like what not, Yeah, it got to be naughty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But so having those boundaries and then you you look back at your old tape, you weren't as funny, so you had to develop so you have like there's a whole system behind you of like like you sit and watch your highlight tapes and you use all of that to Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also think censorship like in a weird way. I don't believe in censorship, but the fact that it exists makes you have to be sharper, you know, like if you could we're in the air, if you could say anything right now, and comedy will probably get a little bit more like an absurdist and a reverend because you could say anything. So there's nothing that's like too edgy. Does that make sense? So now comedy usually gets like a little like weird and out there, you know, like remember that remember Zach Allafanakus Remember him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: First, yeah, yeah, yeah, Zach's great. That type type of comedy where it's not like here's a political take, but it's more like he's a character and it's a little weird. That type type of comedy gets popular when you could say anything and then when you know, censorship comes back. Usually the guy's like a Chris Rock.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean, just these like historic figures.
Speaker 2: But that's why I think well crafted just that's why the Life Specialist actually special, because well crafted jokes have to make a comeback now because we live in the world where everybody just says, any watch.
Speaker 4: It, but what's the what's the joke? How are you packaging?
Speaker 1: Are you know what I mean? Yes, yeah, And people will give you that liberty like if if it's good, if the joke is good, they'll let you rock with it, even if they don't like the topic or even the opinion. They you know, they're they're like, okay, I know what you're trying to say. Also, the Life one is just like so it's so personal and it's so vulnerable. I think I get a little leeway with the other ship.
Speaker 6: I had to watch I had to watch it twice. Hold you no, I don't like celebrate it, but okay, So the first time I watched it, maybe because it was so personal, like I was like, okay, where's the fun Like I wasn't laughing at everything. Yeah, but it was because I was trying to follow the story. And I'm like, wait, like low key you like that was that had to be tough for you. And then I went back again and I watched it and it was funny, and I was like, okay, but I'm like, I don't know why I had I've never had to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, the fact that you watch it twice, I mean that to me is great. And you know, whatever you get out of it, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Did you feel a little bit retarded that you didn't get it the first time?
Speaker 6: It wasn't that I didn't get it. I think when I because that was my first time ever seeing you do stand up and I've heard so much about you, I think I instantly just thought I was going to be like, oh my god, but I was like, no, wait he y'all couldn't have a baby, and there's all this stuff that was there. I think my empathy for you came in and I didn't find it funny. And then the second time the empathy was removed and I'm like, oh, he's funny, but I didn't like, Yeah, I didn't get it, but I've never I brought that up because I'm wondering, like, is there is that on purpose?
Speaker 1: Well, there's a there's an interesting thing that like, so the beginning of the special, I say we had the baby specifically for that reason is that I felt like the audience would be too concerned to destroy. So if you paid attention to the beginning, you might have felt better.
Speaker 6: Well, I did hear that in the beginning, and I watched you a brilliant idiot, so I know you had the baby, but I think it just felt so heavy because you don't necessarily hear men. And you talked about this in the special, talking about, okay, we couldn't have the baby because it was my fault, like you know what I mean, Like, and I'm like, he's laughing and joking, but like, as a man, I can't that. Probably it probably still strokes your ego a little bit when you talk.
Speaker 1: About honestly know, like it's it's weird. At first, I dealt with it, right, like, so my sperm, my sperm doesn't swim. That's like the issue that I talk And.
Speaker 6: There I heard the joke that Tailor dropped.
Speaker 1: To what Taylor killed me. She said yeah, because we I beat her in a race, and then I was saying something to her. She was like, yeah, I run fast in Your sperm.
Speaker 2: Was bad and nobody knew it. We knew at the time when he was the people.
Speaker 6: Yes, I remember.
Speaker 5: So it was like that tough room over there.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it was brutal, but the joke was fantastic, like you got to keep it in so uh yeah. So it's like when when I thought it was my wife's fault, which is what every guy thinks that's going through fertility ship is I felt uncomfortable talking about on stage because that's like her very deep personal business and a lot of women feel incredibly insecure right about that, Right, it makes him fee less of a woman, et cetera. Right, Once I found out it was my fault, I remember the doctor said. I was like, what's the deal. The doctor was like, uh, your sperm swims like uh Drew ski and a riptide.
Speaker 6: They said you were a C C.
Speaker 1: Plus, which I feel like he just said the plus so I could feel better about myself, which was nice of him. But immediately after that, I start going, what the fuck is wrong with me? Like why you know like does God not want me to have kids? Like it's like you have like this really weird like weak. And then once we decide to go through the I actually want to like beat the system. I was like, no, I think I could do it anyway. Like I got like really competitive. And then every time that we would try my and it didn't work, my wife would like cry and I felt like it was really selfish if we just didn't go through this other process. Second we went with the other process, I felt really comfortable talking about it on stage. Like actually, once I found out it was me, felt comfortable talking about the stage because it wasn't like my wife's issue and I'm like exposing her like deep dark secret. And when I started talking about on the stage, man, the amount of people that would like come up to me and send me these dms, like these beautiful things about like what they're going through and I actually IVF and like eventually having kids and like you really get to see how I think we talk so much about how people are trying to avoid kids or they're upset that they got a girl pregnant, and there's like all this like negativity around kids. When you talk to IVF couples you are or are talking to the people that face the reality they might never bring life into this world. And then, by the grace of God, we're able to see this thing that they've cherished and maybe we're trying to make for years. So you have the most gratitude for your child? Yes, Oh my god. It's like you see the way that people react and how emotional they get about their children, and it's like, you get this, just this beautiful. And then the people who had kids and it was kind of easy for them. They'll send me these messages about like the gratitude they have for their kids, and they didn't realize it, you know, they it was kind of lucky for them. So yeah, it was. It was really it was a really cool thing that I did not expect. I thought I was going to be the only one going through this shit.
Speaker 3: It's a tight knit community, like most people don't necessarily realize.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I got six kids, so the first four big them out.
Speaker 3: God, we were trying to have the fifth one and we couldn't get pregnant, so.
Speaker 5: We tried IVF.
Speaker 3: Oh really, we tried IVF for it because insurance didn't cover it with as expensive as a well. The effort to the point when when we had the powerhouse concerts up pair, I would have to give my.
Speaker 5: Wife the shot because you have to give her a shot at a certainty.
Speaker 1: You gotta make it. It's like a cocktail.
Speaker 4: Yes, I had to make it at home.
Speaker 1: They're giving you syringes.
Speaker 3: So in the middle of the concert, I'm in the back doing the shot, this, that, and the other, and it still didn't work.
Speaker 5: So we was like we took it as well. Maybe God said four is enough.
Speaker 4: But at least you had four.
Speaker 2: Imagine the one that to have zero, but it just got one.
Speaker 5: It happened, happened bro naturally, which was the craziest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's the stress, Like I know, it's the most it's the dumbest thing you guys probably. I mean, you know about this just because all the mental health stuff you do. But like the way that your brain can play tricks on your body that you got you put so much pressure on, like having a kid and your body reacts negatively like that. Like there's a lot of people who try IVF it works and then the next kid they have naturally and it's just your body goes all right, this kid time, Like, now you're not so stressed. You got one, and that might be it. You guys went all right, you know, if we're supposed to have four, that's what we're supposed to have. Forget it, and then you stop trying and immediately bang.
Speaker 5: Two more, two more.
Speaker 2: The women that don't have kids, imagine how they would feel if they knew how many abortions certain women got.
Speaker 1: Bro When I was going through this, I was like, I don't even understand who gets abortions? Yeah, like I was, it was so hard for us to get pregnant. I didn't even know that it was about like my sperm or her eggs. I was like, who's getting abortion? Like, how is this possible? Once I knew, Yeah, I saw it, But yeah, it's a deeper.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you spoke about it because so many people dealing with it. Like we talked about in the book that when you do it, so many people hit you.
Speaker 1: You'd be surprised and it's the last taboo thing and people are so and secure about it because you don't want your partner to be embarrassed. So like, if I'm telling you it was easier that it was me if it was my wife's ovaries. I don't think i'd ever talk about it because it could be humiliating for women. For dudes, yes, it humilion for me, but like as a comedian, I think I'm a little like I find the joy in that humiliation. Yeah, it's just it's easy for me to deal with. And but I'll tell you after talking about it and seeing all the other people going through it, it's like, yeah, that's why. Honestly, when we had Trump on, there was like three things that I want to ask him, and one of them I wanted him to say publicly that he would he would protect IVF.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about that. How did you meet Trump? How did you all get the like how are yall to get this?
Speaker 1: They reached out and they were like do you want to have them on? And we're like, yeah, we want to do in the studio And then they were like, we can't do it in the studio. Like you know, Seanman knows. It's like it's a you guarantee the assassination. It's like windows everywhere. It's like I don't even know why.
Speaker 4: We were trying.
Speaker 1: Like you walk right out the elevator, it's windows everywhere. It says bad but uh right, like you know, I hope that doesn't happen, but you know so, but we were really pushing for that. And then and then when we did the pod, Yeah, I like spoke to his kid for a while before and I spoke to Dana White, which one junior junior, and I was like, yeah, just tell me some stories, and like I just kind of wanted to say again the party.
Speaker 6: You talked about the party.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so he told me about that one. He told me, Yeah, yeah, there's a part I didn't say on the interview, but uh, because I said he just went up to the roof and kicked everybody out. But like what Junior told me is he was in his underwear. So like just imagine and imagine Trump Trump underwear Junior.
Speaker 6: For the people who haven't seen the interview, Schultz in the group they talk about Donald Trump Junior had like a huge yeah. And then they had a third body out because Trump found out about the party.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, he wasn't supposed to be back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was supposed to be back. It was kind of something on like a movie my dad comes home, but he like never mentions it. So Trump Junior is like almost like it didn't happen exactly. Know, he was in his under so that party got real crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the first time he addressed it in like forty years or something like that. He never addressed it with his kid.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a guy in this room, a young black male, who said he watched Trump on flagrant. He goes, yo, he goes that flaggerant interview is gonna get Trump elected.
Speaker 1: That guy that you're talking about, he's been magging for a while.
Speaker 4: He was waiting for that moment.
Speaker 6: I felt the same way. That was the first time I looked at him as like a person. I was like, why am I like? I was like, oh my god, he's a granddad. He cares about his kids. But it was like y'all made him. He was having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That and the commercial where another young black guy in this room did a commercial that Trump he was and played over.
Speaker 1: I met that who made that commercial over.
Speaker 5: And over again.
Speaker 4: You know what he said, Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Was like, hey, thanks, Charlotte Mane really helped us out. I mean that commercial was unbelievable. That really crazy that the election was decided in this room. Right now.
Speaker 2: We don't get.
Speaker 6: Enough credit, But do you get that response from people don't like, yo, I'll humanize somebody that like we low key even when he got shot, felt like people were like, oh, we don't want that to happen.
Speaker 1: But so what I'd say to people, and I have like a way more humble take than I think most like. I don't think that we had any impact on the election. I don't think that any of the podcasts like I think that America. I think what America had decided is a lot of America weren't voting for Trump. They were rejecting the current administration. They just didn't like what was happening. And I think the way that the current administration was campaigning, they're basically kind of saying, Hey, everything's good, We're gonna kind of keep doing this. I think a lot of Americans were like, I don't really feel like it's good, so I'm gonna go for anything but this. But I think the idea of Trump is always he's a populist, So if you vote for him, it means you love him and you're obsessed with him and your maggot till you die. Where I think a lot of it is really just rejection in the same way that when people voted for Biden, they didn't really vote for Biden. They voted against the chaos of Trump.
Speaker 2: And the chaos of the world at that time. Yeah, it was COVID, it was George Floyd. But also we talk about this America had his mind made up for two years that they were voting for Trump. We knew that. Like, it's not like we knew that we were saying that, we were saying Biden needed to step down because we knew Biden wasn't gonna win November. It wasn't until the vice president, you know, became the nominee that it was like, okay, well maybe maybe maybe there.
Speaker 4: Is another option, but everybody knew it's not.
Speaker 5: So what do you think about everything that Trump's doing now?
Speaker 1: Well, what specifically?
Speaker 3: There's a whole lot that I mean, there's so many orders.
Speaker 1: Joe Rogan, I think it was Megan Kelly, But yeah, I love the Yeah, the Gulf of America. I mean it's North America, Central America, South America. Why we call it the Gulf of Mexico. It should feel like the Gulf of America. It's not the Gulf of North America. It's just the Gulf of America. But again, what I like is just like I like saying audacious shit. I'm an American, like Americans in general, like in our DNA, where like we like risk takers and we like people who are brave. And I think that's like the tricky thing for Democrats right now. And keep in mind, I'm like a lifelong Democrat. I grew up in an arts family. Both my parents were dance teachers, like I live in New York City my whole life. So what I need is some energy on the Democratics side. We talk about this all the time, is I need some like shit talk. I need some bodacious shit talk. And I think the thing that really Americans care about right now is that it's it's things are expensive, and I think Democrats need their build the wall and whatever that is. It has to happen to what people are struggling with right now.
Speaker 2: So if they first have to build a team, well exactly, but.
Speaker 1: Yo, it could just be one outsider, like like I think it's dollar eggs, Like eggs are a dollar. I think you just start saying shit like that. It doesn't matter if you don't know how to do it, but you start saying something that's going to resonate with people, and that's the only way. And I think that if they make it a class issue, they win this election pretty easily come the next election. But they're afraid to do that because a lot of them are in the pockets of the billionaire class and the corporations. So they make it about identity politics. They it's all these people that go to like Harvard and Yale that like pretend to give a fuck about you guys. They don't actually give a fuck about you guys, but they get patted on the back for pretending to do it. And now they're in this situation where the rest of America's like I can't afford eggs, so I can't really care about the bathroom. Like I don't give a fuck about who goes in the bathroom because I needed buy eggs. Until I can buy eggs, I don't worry about the bathroom. So you got to start addressing people where their problems are.
Speaker 2: And you know what's proven that point when you look at like Gavin Newsom on his podcast with Charlie Kirk right.
Speaker 1: He wants to so bad bro the motherfuckers, which.
Speaker 2: Exactly, but you see how quick he is to distance himself from trans athletes and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So now it's like, oh so you never cared.
Speaker 1: No, they never cared.
Speaker 2: You never gave a buck.
Speaker 4: It was just all about politics for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's not about that for all politicians.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, but some people show it better than others. Some people act like they care better than others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to learn how to lie better.
Speaker 2: And I don't think Democrats are going to win so easily in twenty twenty eight. I think that America. I think because the Democrats are in such disarray, America will say, you know what, just give me a sensible Republican. Just give me a traditional conservative. Yeah, give you a nicky Haley, just somebody, just a regular conservative. I can deal with that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that that could definitely happen. There just has to be something like like radical and disruptive on the Democrats side. And I think that they're also concerned. They're playing this like prevent defense, and they're really concerned about like ostracizing a group, Like if I say this, will women be upset? If I say this, will black people will be upset if I say this, will trans be upset. And it's actually like a harder position to be in to be a Democrat. You're the party of progress. You have to push shit.
Speaker 2: Forward and you got to please everybody.
Speaker 1: You want to please everybody, which is impossible. Conservatives are actually trying to pull shit back. It's a way easier position to be in to be like, all right, we went too far forward. But I think what Democrats need to do is just start listening to every day working class people. I don't like. I think Democrats are too stuck in the ivy league. It's just too much like pretentious finger wagon. That's not what every day Americans are. And you need to get the working class back immediately. And you're not going to get that back when you just got a bunch of these like super rich NEPO babies telling poor people how they should think and who should they should vote for. Like, I don't want you to tell me if you never had a job, you can't tell me who I should vote for.
Speaker 4: Simple as that you like Davin Crockett though, I love that girl.
Speaker 1: Like that's the type of language that I want to start. I want to I want people to start using like when she said your Putin's hoe, I don't care. I don't agree with that sentiment actually to night, but I like the I like the energy. Because what people like about Trump despite him being like a billionaire who got money from his dad, right, he doesn't talk like them. He talks like me and you. The Indian journalist is asking him a question, dibble dabble, dibble dabble, and then all of a sudden, dibble dabble, dibble dabble, and then he goes, I don't know what the hell that guy just said. That to me is the most relatable thing I've ever seen in my entire life. I go, yeah, that's what I would have said. That's what he would have said. That's what you would have said if we were just hanging around on the corner talking.
Speaker 3: So you like Trump because you don't feel like it's political. He's just himself.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm not saying the reason why I like him. I'm saying the reason why people relate to him despite him being a billionaire. Because that's the thing Democrats don't seem to understand. They're like, they say that we're in the pockets of the rich, but there's a rich guy right there. Why do they relate to him? It's like, do you see how he talks to people. He called Shorty Pocahontas in the middle of the the Senate here, yo.
Speaker 4: And you know we're sitting right there.
Speaker 2: It's been normalized so much that that wasn't even a headline. Nobody sit there and take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pocon's over here pointed.
Speaker 4: At Nobody cared talking about a little bit more. It wasn't even a headline. Nobody gave what He's.
Speaker 1: Making fun of African nations. He's like, we gave forty million to the Lessoto. Nobody knows what that is. That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Like it that I didn't know what it was either.
Speaker 2: I was that a real nation.
Speaker 6: It was running down and stuff at the city. I thought that that was all jokes.
Speaker 5: That was real.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Would have said, that's a male contract. We need I need that vibranium.
Speaker 3: I want to ask too, because you talking about walking the line, you walk a dope line because you have.
Speaker 5: White fan base and black fan base. Is that difficult for you?
Speaker 1: I got wall I said, I got.
Speaker 5: Your jokes, go everywhere with it.
Speaker 1: I got the most diverse audience in comedy. It's not even close. Like it's just like you come to my show, it looks like the un So it's like it's like to me, it's in my experience, in my life. I'm a pretty curious guy. So like, if I find out something about your culture, where you're from, whatever, I like talking about it, and I'm going to make jokes about just because that's my way of communicating the world. What I found is is like when you make fun of people based on things that they're proud of or they haven't realized about themselves, they don't feel offended. They feel kind of seen, they feel noticed, and they appreciate it. So all these different groups will start coming out to shows, you know, and I was like, oh, this is really fucking cool. And when you ever, whenever it comes out to the show, we all kind of submit to this idea like everybody's gonna be made fun of, we all gonna laugh at each other, We're gonna laugh at ourselves, and it's a cool, little beautiful thing. So to me, it's never been like like black people found out about me before white people, Like I'm doing brilliantaires with him like Guy Code. To be honest, black people were on way before white people. I mean, eventually towards the end seasons a Guy Code, I think it like just crossed over. But early on MTV two was more like hip hop related. Yeah, and then I think Rogan, I think white people started to find me, and then like you know, Indians found me. Obviously I do the pop with Akas, but also some stand up clips that would go viral out there. Albanians would when we've seen me from some clip, and like all these different groups would come out and yeah, it's my favorite thing of looking out in the audience. But I used to go to comedy clubs when I was on tour and the the owners would be like because it would be all black people for the weekend, and they would think I was like Gary Owen or something like that. They were like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: I never called you like, man, what's the secret?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: How do you get white people to about?
Speaker 6: What about? Because you said when people you make people feel good because they feel seen, But what about in the moments where you're making people like things that they people don't want to be seen for. You're bringing that up and there upset, Like I know black women was really upset at you for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I would say that they're upset for like a joke that I tried to make on the pod and like the problem with the pod. I mean, I love Pod, don't get me wrong. It's like it's not really jokes. It's just like mounds of clay. A joke on stage is like a statue. You know, you've like molded it, carved it.
Speaker 2: Like you can't work out on the pod.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be it's probably And like, so like what I always say to people is like, first of all, if like I'm making a joke, I'm like teasing you about something, right, and you go to me, Hey, that kind of makes me feel ucomfortable. I'm never gonna tease you again because I don't want you to be uncomfortable about that thing.
Speaker 5: Tell the man you're comfortable.
Speaker 6: You care about. That's not.
Speaker 1: What period that's her real hair.
Speaker 6: Scout baby, Oh my god, that's beautiful period at over there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you looking at? Over there?
Speaker 2: Looking at nothing got you?
Speaker 1: But so what I'm saying is like I would never like if I if I have a joke where I'm just like teasing you forever, and you're like, hey, that actually makes me feel comfortable. Like, my goal is not to make you feel comfortable, so I'll never tease you about that. Again. That doesn't mean I won't tease other people about that, but to you specifically, I want So if there's somebody at a comedy show and she like they're upset about something, here's a perfect example. Girl at a comedy show. I was saying some joke about some topic. I forget exactly what is. She gets up and starts to walk out right this is a little comedy club, and I'm like, I'm like, where are you going? And she's like, I just, uh just got to step out. I go why, and she's like, I just I don't want to I don't want to make it about me. I go, man, what's the deal. She says, Oh, it's just like the topic. And some of the people in the audience start to like boo her for being like like offended or whatever, and I go, yo.
Speaker 4: No, don't boo her.
Speaker 1: She's doing what we all wish an audience member would do. She's going, hey, I feel uncomfortable. I don't want to affect everybody else's time here. I don't want to make this show about me. I'm just gonna step out and I'm like, wow, Like, you're just like the most emotionally intelligent person in the room right there. I don't ever want to make her fee uncomfortable. So one on one, I'm not going to do that. But I'm not gonna stop joking around about a whole idea just because it makes one person uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I used to watch go to Paul Mooney shows. Oh my god, people would walk out of Paul Mooney shows all the time. And it was always white people. Yeah, they would always leave. They was offended, like I'm leaving, and they wouldn't make no noise about it. They would just get up and leave, and Paul would be like, oh, why are you leaving? Nah, it's not for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the perfect thing.
Speaker 4: If it's not for you, it's not for you, be out exactly.
Speaker 1: But there might be someone who finds it funny. So that's the trigger thing where it's like one individual shouldn't decide what everybody finds funny. But in terms of the thing you were talking about, like, yeah, if black women are upset at that thing that said, yeah, you're totally allowed to be upset. There's this rule that, like a lot of comics say, like people aren't allowed to be offended. You allowed to feel however you want to feel, especially if you don't know me, Like if you know me, you know my attentions, you're like, you know, I'm just trying to bust balls and like make a fucking stupid joke. And maybe the joke wasn't that funny, but like, my intentions are always good. If you don't know me, you just see it, You're like, oh, what fuck is this asshole? So I'm not even upset at your response?
Speaker 6: Like that was my first take, And then we talked about it in the room, like me and Charlotte, because my first sake was like, well, who is he to even like you're welcome, things were welcoming you here.
Speaker 1: Ye be a guess, but well it's my thought.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I mean, but just in our world of like black women and what we deal with as fred as tropes. But I will say, after watching a special and after you know, having conversations with Charlat, I'm like, I mean, a joke is a joke as a joke, like Granted, some people are still gonna be upset. They probably be upset that I just said that, But it depends on the person and you can't win. You got to figure out where you wo line you going to trade.
Speaker 1: I also think those those two dudes from the thing, like they're in a tricky situation because, like they I think they had said that they didn't find women Atlanta attractive, and I think a lot of black women in Atlanta were like, oh shit, are you trying to say you don't like black women? Right?
Speaker 6: They don't get me started on them. They came out and apologized down. Okay, they gave like five renditions of an apology, and they can still stay where they're at. And I think, but I.
Speaker 1: Think if people see you sells, like you know some sellouts when you see them, so it's not like it's it's so they're trying to like position it. They try to put it on me, and some people fell for the bait, like Ryan Clark felt for the bait and like made a whole like cloud moment out of it when he didn't even realize, Like, the thing you should be addressing is the two clowns that are basically saying black women are ugly and then laughing at the joke on the other podcast, So it's like that's the issue, not the comedian making a joke about the hypothetical situation.
Speaker 6: Well, we can move on after this. I will argue that all of you guys were a part of the problem in that moment, but I think again it's to each his own. I didn't like though, that they threw it one way and didn't take accountability for the fact that, like, y'all were actively engaged and it's fine if you wanted to do that. On oh, they were like, we should have, we should We were uncomfortable. We just didn't want to say anything in the moment. We were just trying to get through. And it's like, y'all want to y'all were not victims, y'all. Y'all were actively engaged. Just shut up. Y'all were actively engaged. Y'all were having a good time.
Speaker 1: They're not uncomfortable. The only time they're uncomfortable is around beautiful black women.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 4: Damn, that is a good question.
Speaker 2: How have podcasting changed the way you approach I guess comedy and after you know, these couple of recent situations, the situation. I needs the situation I saw, but how it approached, how you discussed things.
Speaker 1: You know, your cares like an interesting one. Like I guess I could deal with people not liking me because these things a lot of times are momentarily like they'll they'll not like you for a few weeks and they think they won't like you then to move on to somebody else that they don't like, et cetera. So that's not really like the big, big issue, you know, it's just a It is one of those things where I go, like, all right, if I'm if I'm shooting and it's on something like if it's on something really wild, I want to make sure that I could ideally that shot is is amazing, you know, but I'm gonna fail, Like you don't make funny jokes every single time, and I and I like shooting. That means I'm gonna shoot and miss a lot, you know. But I just got to basically understand that, like they are gonna be people that don't know me, and however they interpret me. I can't control that. Like there are people that think I'm like some right wing maga lunatic, and I I literally as much as I would want them to be like, Bro, you've never had a conversation with me, Like you don't know anything about my life, Like you just people exactly. So it's like you can't control how people how people feel about you, and you just have to continue, at least in my opinion, just put out good art. And when I have the opportunity to put out like a good piece of art, like hopefully the Special does that, Like hopefully you see the more distilled version. We were talking about this yesterday, Like you know, when he puts out a book, it's the most distilled version of his thoughts and there's less fat for you to interpret in a shitty way. When I'm on a pod just shooting ship. There's tons of fat for you to interpret. When you see The Special, I feel like you get a really distilled version of like how I think and how I feel. If you get offended by something in The Special, I could really live with that because I've worked hard to make it pierce through, even like the sharpest armor for the most protective armor.
Speaker 5: No, I do get that. I do also want to ask, do you still want to make love to Kendrick Lamar?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, honestly, it's hard to say.
Speaker 2: No to that.
Speaker 5: You find him a jacke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, did you see him in the jean?
Speaker 1: When I saw those jeans, I was like, boom boom, bom boot that was a joke. That shit raises him so fast. I'm just saying, he's little, like I hate having to explain jokes. He's adye baty, So why is he telling he's gonna kill my telling people to kill my friends. The biggest thing about this whole shit that nobody I didn't even cared that he said this shit about like me. Not saying jokes like that to me is like a million people who said not say jokes. The next line where he goes into the m words that Koon and the Edwards being groomed, slide on both of them. What a slide mean to y'all?
Speaker 6: Take you out? But that's because I'm hold on.
Speaker 1: I ain't no explaining him. If you say kill my friends, everything after that is fine. You took it there if you say kill my friends, because a lot of people thought that was Charlemagne and alex Media. So if you go the next line you tell your fans to kill my friends, you.
Speaker 4: Getting made love to listen.
Speaker 2: I appreciate my friend trying to stick up for me, but I don't think he was talking about I.
Speaker 1: Don't think about but I'm exposed to know, you know what I mean? Like I didn't say anything for weeks. That was the other thing, Like people ran with these different narratives. They tried to act like after what I said, I was worried about like getting death threats and shit. It's like no, I was getting at the second they said it for two weeks sensation shit, I filed my special I don't really give a fuck. And then after that I was like, Yo, we're gonna have some fun with this. But I don't like this idea that like I'm this big bully. It's like you told your people to kill my friends after you say that, or that's the potential interpretation if somebody said in a rap song to kill your friends.
Speaker 6: But do you understand though, that that that was in response to him feeling like you came at what he would deem his friends or his people or people he's trying to protect. Talking about they.
Speaker 1: Make fun of my friends.
Speaker 6: But if you in the street, if you outside, you outside, you can't choose whether you out or in. It's like you out or you in?
Speaker 1: Okay, So then if he wants to play by those rules, then don't be surprised at the response. That's what I'm saying. It feels like he's inside and outside.
Speaker 2: Plus it's a weird matchup, right, because you got a rapper, right, who's a prolific rapper, and then you got a comedian who's to say anything for the joke. So it's not even just like what are we doing here?
Speaker 6: I think it's because it's platform and it's like people listen to you and your voice and your podcast. That's why that that's why that stuff went so viral, because you got the numbers and then he has it too. So at the moment he's like, okay, you.
Speaker 4: Know you want to talk about Gary Owes.
Speaker 6: That's that's a good point. Nobody, we don't know. I'm not about moment, you know exactly what he was talking about because I heard, and I knew exactly what I think it was.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was me. I was like, why are we talking about me?
Speaker 6: Because of the ships and giggles and all the laughs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he was talking about math. He got to be kept saying he was talking about me. And I was like, wait, if he's talking about me and is he telling people to kill my friends? Well, I got to do something about that.
Speaker 4: I got to do something.
Speaker 1: I gotta do something, like I'm not a tough guy, you know, I'm a certified lover boy.
Speaker 2: But you're always going to be perceived as the bully because you're a white man.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 4: I just thought that, right, like me, I thought you mean that right?
Speaker 2: No? No, what you mean? No?
Speaker 1: Like, am I am I bully? Like I just thought it was like you a bully. The size differential, that's what I thought. No, it's a it's a you think there's a racial dynamic. Duh, Yeah, I guess I didn't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course. And it's the it's the privileged conversation. It's like what you can get on the plat, like the ships and giggles. Guys they had done sixty times.
Speaker 2: You know, you said something is not as interesting. You said, it's the privileged conversation. You know, we all can say whatever it is we want to say. You just got to be able to deal with the consequences.
Speaker 6: White most people can't exactly, and most people don't have the platform, and they're not they're not teflon down like you. They don't have fifteen years a game. They not picked up by Fox News and seeing it and shaved room like you other other people.
Speaker 5: Right list is a political.
Speaker 6: You know that you just want to hear just.
Speaker 1: He's got a guy with glasses and a bow tie. Listen his podcast Way for Charlotte made to say one bad thing about the Democrats.
Speaker 2: If we don't even think about stuff like that.
Speaker 6: But but it's the truth, though, because you have a platform that a lot of other people don't have. Kendrick Lamar has a platform. So he's like, all right, bet you're gonna get outside, you're gonna laugh, jokey, I'm outsorry for my women. Front of the Black Woman.
Speaker 2: It's lucid Kendrick, because Kendrick does what he wants to do and he gets rewarded.
Speaker 4: For it, like you can do that.
Speaker 1: This whole thing got blown out of purport. Like honestly, I think he's like obviously a prolific rapper. He's you know, he's it's not my the thing that I listened to all the time. But like to say, he's not like fantastic at what he does is ridiculous and I have a lot of respect for anybody that puts something out for judgment. I think there are a lot of people who, like, they just make reaction content, right, so they don't really know what it's like to like create a piece of art and put it out there in the world and let the world judge it.
Speaker 6: You have to deal with that.
Speaker 1: That takes balls, and I admire people that have balls.
Speaker 4: Trump's trades, executive orders, what he do.
Speaker 1: He got rid of trance, he got rid of trans what women, They're not around anymore. But that is that is Yeah, that is how it is. Isn't that how it is?
Speaker 6: Every day shine but the sun still come up.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. I think there are trans people.
Speaker 5: No, there are, but yeah, just recognize him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that he's allowed to, like, you can't force me to recognize.
Speaker 4: He's allowed to not believe. But that don't mean that it's not true.
Speaker 1: I was watching squid Game. If they didn't have the numbers, I don't know if I'm recognizing you know what, if they didn't number them, I don't know if I'm recognizing everyone. I don't know. I don't really know what I'm saying right now. Listen, let me apologize before an Asian rapper comes from me. Jen, I'm sorry, hits, get what you.
Speaker 6: Mean by the numbers?
Speaker 2: And oh god, no ever watch comedy, to watch watch comedy, let her watch comedy.
Speaker 5: Wait back to your special.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was thinking, and I know you and your wife have been together for some years, so it's like a hypothetical question for or more of an ego question. I look at any point when that was happening and you found out that it was your fault because of you know, just your pride and your ego being hurt, did you'll feel like, man, like what if she leaves me because I can't make this happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a part of you that goes through that. You're just like, will she not find me like as masculine or not find me attractive? Like will something primarily happen inside her where like she'll reject me because I can't do the thing we're put here to do. So yeah, you immediately go through that, and then like that insecurity takes over and then you're like more sensitive about certain things. If she's not being sweet one day, you're.
Speaker 2: Like, is that it?
Speaker 1: You know? Did she stop? So this ship tears apart relationships. That's why I tell people, like, if you find out there's a problem, do I feel yeah, IVF immediately instead of like going through the emotional turmoil that could break you guys up. But but no, She's like, I mean, this is like a little thing in the special nobody would really understand or even probably catch. But like the first joke I make in the special is about this, you know, about about guys who say we're pregnant and I was insulting to women. And then I say yes like my wife when my wife says that we made a lot of money. Right. The last piece to the special is when my wife is is saying, uh, you know when when she thought that she lost the baby and I'm apologizing. I'm like, I'm so sorry that this is my fault and you got to bear the burden, and she goes, you don't have problems. We have problems. We'll do it together. So it's this idea that like in this in the beginning, I'm having this really selfish thought of like I make the money in the house. And then when she's dealing with the toughest things she's ever dealt with in her life, she's that's my fault. She's still taking on some of it because we're together. So it's yeah, you find out who people are in these tough situations. I got a good one. I got a good one.
Speaker 5: What is your conversations like with fifty?
Speaker 1: I know, I know fifties, fifty is the goat.
Speaker 3: I know he's he loves you as a comedian, and I know you pull up for him, he pulls up for you.
Speaker 5: What's your conversation with him when all this is going on?
Speaker 1: Yo, I just yeah, he did I hit him up or hit me up? Or we're trying to get him on the pod and he's like, yeah, I'm pulling up. But like he's the type of person that like he is Like, how do I explain it? It's like, you know how like in wrestling, whether the people are booing or cheering, like as long as they're making a sound, he's not afraid of anything. There are people that are probably like scared to do like credit Charlotmagne too. Like Charlotte could have easily been like, hey, the heat is on you and they're gonna be upset at me doing a pot with you every single week. And he you know, let's take a few weeks off.
Speaker 2: But he's been there before, so he understands that's not rock with my friends stands by.
Speaker 1: Me always always, but that's just this is a this is real ones. So he's the type of person also who like he doesn't care what the trend is. So many people are like motivated and moved by the trend, and he's the type of person he don't give a fuck what the trend is. And so if if there's like negative energy, you know, give a fuck there's positive, he don't give a fuck. He moves to the beatings his own drum. But I remember Charlotte Mane had an a dope thing to me when when I was going through that last one and there was like people, there's even people in my community, like comedians like saying some certain things about me, And Charlot man was like, Yo, this is actually good. You're going through this right now. I go, why, he goes, because you're about to hit another level when the special comes out and you got to pay close attention to who's hating now? I go, what do you mean? He goes, Uh, Because whoever's hating now has been hating the whole time. Absolutely, But they didn't feel comfortable coming out. They were waiting for you to look wounded. It's like laws of the Jungle, you know what I mean, Like the line only attacks like the baby gazelle, you know. And uh and like I took note, bro I got yeah, I got notes and I can't wait for them to feel.
Speaker 5: The life is out right now right now.
Speaker 6: It's number two. What it is, number two, number number It was still but they said that show.
Speaker 1: Was good, which what I heard it was really.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch it because I didn't want to mess numbers up. I said, I was gonna wait.
Speaker 1: You, but no, I heard running point. Running point is like it's a global sensation, you know what I mean. It's uh and that that's a Kate Hudson and Chet Hanks and salute to them, like shout out to chat Man. That motherfucker is so funny. And but yeah, we still got to knock them out. But yeah, it was cool. We beat uh Bobby de Niro show. Oh yeah, Black, this has got to be your algorithm. Tyler Perry's Beauty and Black came back out.
Speaker 6: It's number two now he's number three.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you might be looking at the top ten. You got look at that.
Speaker 6: What I was looking at, what I was talking about, you guys, go was.
Speaker 1: Trending, right, No, top ten works too. Okay, we're a big weekend. You're happy.
Speaker 3: I'm out there watching this week and I'm gonna check it out this week and me and the wife gonna relax and watch this.
Speaker 4: It's the only way to watch it.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you got a wife, you and your significant other go to watch it together.
Speaker 1: The fact that you guys went through it, I'm really curious your your perspective.
Speaker 5: But that's why we talk That's what we talked about.
Speaker 3: That's why we make it our business to talk about it in the book, and we pot about it all the time because so many people came up to and was like, yeah, we were dealing with the same thing. We felt like failures and men came up to me on the side. It was like, I thought it was just me. I don't know how to console my wife. But I mean, once you get through that other side, you realize it makes you look at your child a whole lot different. It just is like, because it's the most precious thing in the world, and if you're able to have a child, you know.
Speaker 5: You you hold that really really close to your heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, but thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And that's awesome you put in your book. I hope we destigmatize it. I don't want people to feel ashamed of wanting to have a kid. And you should have that ship by any means necessary. Like I feel like that's the thing missing in the masculinity conversations. All these fucking guys out there saying what it is to be a man. None of them got kids.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what I think is your feminist arc. This is gonna be your feminist or.
Speaker 1: Been a feminist. Bro, I'm a proud girl, dad. That's right.
Speaker 2: I told you having a girl's gonna change your baby.
Speaker 6: Girl.
Speaker 1: She's thirteen months. Thirteen months. Yeah, I've been trying to get you on a feminist ship for a while. I've been a feminist, I know, ever since you got depressed or whatever you got, since you got anxiety.
Speaker 2: Christ But I'm gonna be honest with you. They've gone too far. I'm just having this conversation more. They've gone too far.
Speaker 1: I'm on my feministart. You're a mask on this art. You're back.
Speaker 4: You got to bring her back, just the little you got too.
Speaker 6: Scared of what being a girl dad?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's every day is terrifying. But it's also just like the most beautiful rewarding thing ever. Like she just walks in the room, she's so excited, gives me like the big hug, and you're just like, this is nothing else is important even in life.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, listen Andrews shows. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: It don't be a stranger just because a little short five ft two digite over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, do you do a podcast where you can still come up here?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, I'll come on. You want to thank you guys for always man, this is this is legendary.
Speaker 5: Andrew shoutz. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Come Breakfast Club.