Speaker 1: Welcome to the new look Draymond Green Show, and I got a new co host.
Speaker 2: I'm with Baron Davis BD. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm excited as hell to have him on the show. I know y'all have seen a few episodes, so he here. Now you are asked for a shout out to the fans. I told you all for the last three and a half years, we always want to give you fans, you avid listeners, subscribers.
Speaker 2: We always want to give y'all.
Speaker 1: With y'all wanted this summer, y'all just kept asking me, like, yo, the shows are Baron, It's great.
Speaker 3: He shall be on full time. So guess what is here?
Speaker 2: BD?
Speaker 1: Here full time? Were coming to you twice a week. Make sure y'all tap in, make sure you subscribe because we'll be coming to you. But anyway, to my co host b D. Baron Davis, what's up my brother? Welcome to the show?
Speaker 2: Show? Hey, bro, I am so excited.
Speaker 4: You know when I be hooping in the rect League, you know, I call myself baby Drymond Green. You feel I'm saying, I feel like we come from the same claw and like I ain't too many people, I feel like I can sit kick it with and talk to and like get real honesty. So man, I appreciate, I appreciate the fans for pushing it, but I appreciate.
Speaker 2: You, big dog.
Speaker 4: You've been doing this and like this is gonna give me a cool chance to like really talk hoop and learn and listen and you know, just have a good time.
Speaker 1: One thousand percent. Now we'll definitely be talking hoop and a few more things here and there. So you know, I think when we did those episodes this summer, like you can just feel when the chemistry and it's like the basketball court, as you know, when you hit it off, when the chemistry is right, you can just feel it when you got that sauce.
Speaker 2: And I think the episodes that we did, we can feel that.
Speaker 3: Then shout out to the fans.
Speaker 1: The fans was like, Yo, we need him back, Like that's what everybody was saying. So we want to bring it to y'all. Y'all made it happen. Thank y'all so much. We appreciate y'all. We were about to We're going to have a good time, so make sure y'all stay locked in.
Speaker 2: Be enough for sure.
Speaker 4: And then the last time, you know, we got together, it was a go metal game.
Speaker 2: You feel me. I saw you in the picture, you know, I saw you coaching. You know what I mean? What was it? What was that? What was that?
Speaker 1: Like? Brother, that experience, that experience was crazy, man, because it had to be number one. Walking into that gym. I've been talking. I've been actually talking about this for years. And Team USA beating friends in France.
Speaker 3: Yes, because after after the twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Olympics, which happened in twenty twenty one, you just knew, like they coming back. It's in their home terms. They you know, they beat us in the uh you know, the the World Cup, World Cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, they feeling themselves.
Speaker 1: So you just knew, like that's how it's going to shake out, and for it to shake out that way, like regardless if I was playing or not, to walk in that gym.
Speaker 2: When I walked in that gym, like you could just feel the energy like it was buzzing.
Speaker 3: It was crazy, right, you know.
Speaker 1: We had our seat and like people shouting out to me like, oh, Traymond, you really came here, Like.
Speaker 5: You come here, You're real, you know.
Speaker 1: But honestly, obviously that was a big deal and I had a lot of fun with it and going to mess with Rudie. At the end of the day, I would have never flown that far to go talk trash. It was crazy because are a good friend of ours who we actually vacation with every summer. Pr It was his fiftieth and he was doing it in the south of France, so we were going to go over there after you anyway. But I said to my wife, I'm like, man, I think we should go to the gold medal game. And then I kind of had walked it back, like you know what I'm saying, we ain't gonna go, and she was like, you have so many friends on that team, I think if you go to the game, they will love to see you here. And when she said that, I was like, say no more, you're right.
Speaker 2: I'm going. And so we went. And when we.
Speaker 1: Walked in, as the guy started to see me over there and make eye contact, you could see them like talking like yo, look at him over there like and as a two time.
Speaker 2: Olympic gold medalist, I felt a part of what was going on.
Speaker 1: And to see them go down Serbia playing great, hitting all the shots they can hit, and just about I mean, excuse me, I said, Serbia friends hitting all the shots that they were hiding and and and to just take over that game when they had to take over the game, and then for Steph to do what Steph did.
Speaker 2: Like bro.
Speaker 1: For me personally, I've seen just about every every big shot he can hit. I've seen like everyone from in his NBA. I've been there, so to be there for that moment, I think the most fun I had in watching that moment, as beautiful as a moment as it was, the most fun that I had was watching the.
Speaker 2: Guys that be on the wrong side of that moment and.
Speaker 1: Enjoy Oh yeah, yeah, that was so special.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: He was like the face like look at them like and then you could see like and after I'm telling you, like the after party, all of that, every one of them.
Speaker 1: I talked to came up to me. It was like, Yo, that's crazy, Like, yeah, I can't believe that man came up to me and talk to me about stuff for forty five minutes straight.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 7: Like they were all so in awe of him and man like to go to war with him against all of those guys for all these years and then just to see that and witness that, yeah, and then him hit the.
Speaker 1: Night night and look at me and hit the night night. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then to catch that picture maybe that picture need to.
Speaker 1: Go right, Yeah, you need to put that in that.
Speaker 2: In the background and need to go right.
Speaker 4: It's like also like you walking in like I want to know what it because you described it like you you an Olympian walking into the Dream Team gold medal game. They shouting you out, you know what I mean. It's like, man, that's gotta feel crazy too. Then to put them the rest in France, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Bro, it felt it felt incredible, like right, so patriotic it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was amazing, man, to put those boys.
Speaker 2: Away in France.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to show how we still own, we still dominate this game. For the team to assemble how it did and actually go out there and do it, have to battle for it, and like to walk in there and witness that moment and all other Olympians d Wade sitting there calling the game mellow, you know, sitting there Asia sou like yeah, all the other olymp being some of them, you know, I want a gold medal with metal like too, and just to share that moment with all of them and obviously with my wife, like flying that was so yeah fucking special, bro, Like, it's by far my favorite sports.
Speaker 2: Moment that I wasn't involved in.
Speaker 1: Obviously went in the championship winning the gold medal myself will take president, but my favorite sport. And I've been to like some incredible sports events.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I've seen you saying, both break the record in Brazil. I seen theymar win gold in Brazil, like at the Olympics. I seen Michael Fels break the record. I've seen Katie the Deki break records like I've seen.
Speaker 2: Some more Biles.
Speaker 1: I've seen all of these incredible events, super Bowls, multiple Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: Best sporting event My favorite sporting moment.
Speaker 1: Of my life that I wasn't a part of walking in that gym unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Uh hell no, man, I ain't bet nothing. I ain't really been, you know, I've been to a couple of finals. Uh, the Lakers, I think it was Game five when they beat Philly. H Yeah, you know, because I was like my second year in the league, I wanted to see that. I think that's the game Derek Fisher got hot. But after the game, it was so crazy because you know, the Laker fans was woo. It was hooping and holler and bro all all the way across the arena.
Speaker 2: You here, crack, they molly, they molly watching out there. The Philly fans, Bro, they got on.
Speaker 4: Them after that championship. Them Laker fans were celebrating them. Philly fans was knocking them out going.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: And then the only other one, Like, as a fan, I would say probably the most incredible ship I seen was when I went to Game seven.
Speaker 2: Uh, when y'all lost to Lebron. That's crazy. That was no reason to bring out a house. I'm just saying, Bro, I ain't never been in the series. I'm a Raider man, I'm a Raider fan right now.
Speaker 4: Hey, I do want to know, like, besides that, I want to know what you and Steph talked about after that France moment. I know y'all talked about this game, Bro, what what was he saying?
Speaker 1: We actually did speak about it, and it's one of those things where he just gave you, like the man. It was crazy, you know, man, unbelieva. It's one of those things, right, he ain't give you any word. It's because he was he was he was doing it facts. It was just like, man, I'm like, bro, that was unbelievable, Like I know right, Like if I talk to him about it today, it's still like the same reaction of like.
Speaker 3: Like he just kind of give me to.
Speaker 2: Look like damn, like it was. It's just one of those reactions.
Speaker 1: But I knew exactly what he means, Like he don't have to say a word, but him saying that said a million words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not for sure.
Speaker 4: It's like the ultimate confidence, you know what I mean, But the ultimate humbleness.
Speaker 2: That's where his genius lie. Like you get me doing ship that great and still be like wow, like I don't know that happened too much. He had happened too much. Where's the superhero suit? You feel me? One? But he just he got that Jeene though.
Speaker 1: Man he I think the one thing that makes him so special, it's like he he really just loved a moment, like in any moment, like for instance, and we had the open practice the other day and we shot half course shots for ten thousand dollars and he always the last one to shoot, and he stand under the room while everybody else shoot, throw the balls back and then when it's time for him to shoot. He grab a ball, he walk up to the to the half court line, he turned around and he shooting. And I saw him on his walk and I told Wiggs, I said, I'm about to block his shot because he going to make it. And I was about to block his shot, and I just didn't go for the block, and he sure enough made it. And I was just telling Wigs. I'm like, Wigs, he like, man, that's crazy. I'm like, but there was no chance. All of these people in this arena and there was just no chance he was going to miss that shot, Like it.
Speaker 2: Was never gonna Like why y'all keep doing that, Why y'all keep shooting out courts shots with this man for money?
Speaker 1: Like there's no chance he was missing that shot. And that's just that gene he got like in.
Speaker 2: The game, bro Like.
Speaker 1: Like KD knew everybody in the world knew he wanted to take that shot.
Speaker 3: And when he passed the ball to KD, KD knew too.
Speaker 1: You see, k KD didn't look anywhere else, he didn't think about KD threw him.
Speaker 2: The ball right back.
Speaker 1: Everybody in the world knew that he was supposed to take that shot. When he took that shot, and that is the thing that Steph Curry has that.
Speaker 3: Not a single other person.
Speaker 2: In the NBA.
Speaker 1: Has he he unlike any other guys.
Speaker 2: And listen, there's great, No, for sure.
Speaker 1: He's the all time great bronze we know, bron Like, that's the thing that Steph has. That's the thing that was Steph was struggling all Olympics. That's why you still have him on the floor those last few days, because you know it's.
Speaker 2: Only a matter of time or a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody else attributes unlocked.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 4: The unlock is crazy, unreal, bro, It's same because he.
Speaker 2: You know, you know facts.
Speaker 1: It's just like, oh yes, yeah, well it's cracky. That's incredible, man, It's crazy because now it's a confidence. Earlier on it was almost like a he ain't even processing the moment, you know what I'm saying, never processing how big the moment is.
Speaker 2: He just hinted and like doing what he do.
Speaker 1: Now he has some of the highest confidence you've ever seen in the world. But early on we started this run, it was just like a Yo, this moment it's so big and everybody realizes except him.
Speaker 2: He just like oh no, like I'm shure. He just I'm doing what I do.
Speaker 1: Like it's crazy to kind of see like.
Speaker 3: Really handled in the same way.
Speaker 1: Although now he handles it and he's just always dominated. He never gets it wrong because in confidence, it's a no. How So it's so shout out to my man. I just need to touch chef.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the chef, Flowers, Flowers.
Speaker 1: This episode is possible. Game Time taking the app. The start of the NBA season is underway, and you don't want to miss the hype atmosphere of watching the basketball game live. Energy of the fans at the beginning of the season is incredible. And game Time has a new feature called game Time Picks that makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier and filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. I like using the game Time app when I want to attend a concert or comedy show. Game Time ticket and app is the only ticket an app that gives you complete peace of mind with your persons. I really like the all in prices because it shows how much I'm going to have to pay. I'm looking at the game Time app right now and it's really easy to find different tickets and different price points. The NBA season is beginning, and I know your favorite team is going to need your support. Take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time picks. Download the game Time app, creating account and use code green for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again, creating an account and redeem code g R E E N for twenty dollars off.
Speaker 3: Download Game Time today. What time is it? Game time?
Speaker 8: The NBA season's finally back. A new season means new ways to get into the action at DraftKings Sportsbook and Officials Sports. I think partner of the NBA, who's draining the threes, beyond the arc, who's crashing the boards and grabbing rebounds? Get behind your favorite players and the prop bets you can make on DraftKings, the home of NBA player props. If you're ready to place your first bet, bet on something simple, pick a team to win, go to DraftKings Sportsbook. They have an app, download it and place your bet. First timer new DraftKings customers, all you have to do is bet five bucks. That's it, five bucks. You'll get two hundred bonus bets instantly, So take it to the rack with DraftKings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download that sportsbook app. The code is Colin c l I N for new customers to get two hundred bucks in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 9: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight h O pe n Y or text h O p e n Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help us available for problem gambling. Call it A eight seven eight nine seven to seven seven to seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash football terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, Terms and responsible gaming Resources.
Speaker 2: We just talked about Steph.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about this dub this Warrior upcoming season. Also, can the Celtics repeat NBA off season moves? Who made the best moves? And you know, I hate to do it, but man, I gotta ask because you didn't tell me last time.
Speaker 2: We gotta talk about Klay Thompson.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of talking about Ain't he ain't talks to me.
Speaker 2: You put me on ice last time. I was like, man, I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Always hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, dog, I'm gonna let it slide.
Speaker 1: My feelings ain't hurt no more. I'm over it now, and I'm sick of talking about. Clay walks out to me. Where's in the gym? Where's in the gym? Clay walked up to me and he said about travels in the gym. First I had left because I had to go to pilates. Clay was coming in the gym after his Traves song. He walked up travel I think it was talking to car, talking to somebody. Play walk up? Are you talking to the ops? Let me talking to the ops. So Trave told me later that day and I said, and Trave was like, is he serious? And I was like, well, he ain't serious. That's just how Clay talked, and that's that's his sister. But there is some seriousness to it, for sure. So then the next day I'm working out, Clay coming in after and now I'm talking to Car and sure enough Clay walks up.
Speaker 2: He says the same thing.
Speaker 1: Come on, Ky, you can't be talking to the ops. And when he said that, I told him to trave I said, And now I'm gonna run the It's just because there's some seriousness to that. Yeah, yeah, I know, Clay. I know I've been playing with this on the same team with his brother for twelve years.
Speaker 2: I know how you think.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of seriousness for sure, that statement, Well, but you gotta think like.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 4: He gotta he gotta steak his claim, you know what I mean. He gotta steak his claim with the Mavericks, And he gotta go tell the Mavericks like, look.
Speaker 1: Man, Dre Man gonna be on this, you know what I mean, Like they don't like me, no more like he he he needs for y'all not to.
Speaker 4: Like him in order for him to be successful. You know what I mean, When y'all when y'all match up, he needs y'all not to like him.
Speaker 2: He don't. He don't need it. It's you know what I mean, like y'all are as.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately for him, he's gonna get a great tribute video.
Speaker 2: People will be very happy to see him. You gonna cry, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He gonna cry. He probably gonna bring Rocco to the game. People are gonna have Roco science and soft. So unfortunately for him, he's emotions and he comes back twelve. Yeah, I'm looking forward to him now. Honestly though, I think that's gonna My hope for Clay is this. My hope for Clay, and my hope for him is that I hope and pray that he go to Dallas and play great. And the reason I hope he go to Dallas and play great is because that will allow him to appreciate what he's done here. Like right now, if I'm totally honest with you, I think it's like a stain on it.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like he's like a stain on it for him.
Speaker 1: And so many times people don't get to and Clay hasn't said this a staining on it, by the way, It's just kind of a little how I feel in my gut. So many times people in the NBA, like don't have a place to call home and to know, like and like again, regardless of how he may feel, he getting the statue here, his jersey going up, He's a legend, this is Hollo forever, you know, like all of that, Like, but you just want him to feel how he's supposed to feel, even from a place that you built.
Speaker 2: And I hope that for him.
Speaker 1: And I feel like, because again, I just know who Klay Thompson is as a person. I feel like, and he go to Dallas and play great, that then he could be like that, all right, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I'm cool now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He's just so competitive man, So I just want that for him, bro, Like, I want that for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, uh, it's almost good for him to have kind of like a new beginning because like y'all built, y'all built this warrior thing, right, and at a certain point, like you know, y'all, y'all three, y'all, DNA is you know, stuck in it, you know what I mean? And so with his with his injuries and coming back, it wasn't like he wasn't playing good or playing there's just time. When time start catching up and these young dudes start getting better, you know what I mean, there comes like a compass, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You reached that compass and you.
Speaker 4: Got to say, like you know, as a vet, you're like, well, shit, bro, I'm I'm still who I am, you know what I mean. But I think you know, he put like he probably put more pressure on himself, you know what I mean, to try and be whatever it needed to be for him to feel like, ah, I told y'all can do.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: I like him in Dallas, and I want to see him successful in Dallas too, because similar to what you said, gonna he gonna be able to put the Warriors in his own legacy box. For sure, he gonna be able to share a lot of that shit with you know, his new teammates, you know what I mean, because now he he free, you know what I mean, Like it wasn't no beef. It was just time to move on, you know what I mean, Because that chapter of your life, you could say, you know what I mean, like you can own that and say I.
Speaker 2: Built you know what I mean, I was a part I built that.
Speaker 4: I was a part of building that, and so you know, it's still a little ichiness just because of just how like I'm still I'm still good. I'm still better than what you think. And so I can't wait to see y'all play, bro. I can't wait to see y'all play against each other. Oh well, I'm gonna have to come to that game.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It's already beef with the Warriors in Dallas anyway, so you might as well just keep that little, you know, situation cracking.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of crazy that Clay kind of went and joined the Ops for real.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey man, it may be some.
Speaker 1: To that we beat them in the playoff series two years ago.
Speaker 4: It may be some to that it is joined the He joined the Ops and caused you the Ops.
Speaker 3: Call me man, like how I become the option? You joined the Ops.
Speaker 1: It's cool though, hopefully we got the way and shake out we meet them in the conference finals, which means, if we meet them in the conference finals, he definitely had a good year. And yeah, unfortunately it would just have to end, you know, uh, not not quite.
Speaker 2: Wanted, but that would be.
Speaker 3: I can't root all about that, all right, man.
Speaker 4: It's season thirteen for you once again. Congratulations on that. Yeah, I just had an undefeated preseason. You know what undefeated preseason means. It means you know, every time y'all do that, it's championship.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? I know a lot of.
Speaker 4: People, especially the dub Raider fans, everybody feeling this. You know this really this is a you know what I mean, All Star weekend. It's in San Francisco. Man, y'all already playing like this, like comem man, what's the vibes?
Speaker 2: What is the vibes? You know what, Steph? Coming off of gold medal? Man, what is the vibes? So check this out.
Speaker 1: I got all great experiences coming off of gold Medals. Twenty seventeen, we won a championship. Twenty twenty two, we won a championship. So all great experience. It's going off of gold man.
Speaker 2: Hey, mster Curry, catch up, let's go.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: How how you gonna respond coming off a championship?
Speaker 2: Steph? Now we gave you fowers.
Speaker 3: Now we need to talk.
Speaker 1: So paris the vibes I'm gonna I'm gonna give you the vibes on the team started off preseason in Hawaii. Unbelievable I said, preseason training camp training Hawaii. Yeah, training camp, first four days of training camp in Hawaii, first preseason game in Hawaii. Yeah, the vibes in Hawaii immaculate. Great carre us out there crazy. Did you stay in the in the in the in that like all the way in that like little Ramote Island, Turtle Bay, Yeah, Turtle Bay, Turtle Bay.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: We had a great time, but it was also you know what was great about it, and we got off to a great start because with and speaking of Clay, with Clay leaving and starting this training camp they're in Hawaii, it almost felt like the ark of a new thing, you know what I'm saying, Like doing something different, not starting training camp in San Francisco how we always do. It's a different thing. Everybody had their families out there, so you're getting to know people and to know the guys obviously Hawaii and the bag. Yet, man, you know what I'm saying, it was it was incredible for us. Lindy Waters h Lindy Waters the third hits, the game winner to start off the fro hit the game winner and start off the preseason vibes on ten. So now we kind of feeling that like, oh yeah, like this felt great like and then you know, we come back uh ye, and now we're back home. It's time to get rolling, you know what I'm saying. And we and we bought the Vibes back from Hawaii. Always I'm a big fan of the rock. You always talk about the Mana. We brought that mana back from Hawaii, and and we've had great practices. Bro, We've had an incredible preseason, obviously going six and oh. But the but it's no surprise to me that we went six and oh, because hey, the young guys, Yeah, and they've been working, you know what I'm saying, So them come in when we weren't playing in the preseason and seeing them come in and dominate how they were, it wasn't a surprise because they've been working. And then you know, getting to see how d Anthony Melton playing with us, how Kyle Anderson is, how Bunny Hill it is, and getting to know these guys. Man, the ViBe's been on ten preseason. One of the best training camps and hardest training camps. I might add, like Steven Steve was killing us in camp. We had one super long practice. I ain't practiced that long since, and I'm just like, man, this is nuts. But you know what, but we was in every practice, in every drill. And I say we, I mean like me, Steph Lone, guys who've been there. We was in everything. Because again this is a new thing. You gotta set a tone, you know what I'm saying. And so I think we did a great job of setting the tone.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we could not have asked for a better training camp, a better preseason than we had. And so speaking of being undefeated in preseason, what happens.
Speaker 2: It's not that, oh, you won every.
Speaker 1: Preseason game, but what it is, it's like when you've done it as many times as we've done it, there's a filler. Yeah, And you know what I'm saying, I'm not saying we're gonna go win a championship, but I am saying, don't let us win another fucking championship.
Speaker 2: That you don't let that happen.
Speaker 1: Another fucking championships on the team.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you they ain't macke.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know.
Speaker 1: I also think we got a lot of depth. Yeah, a lot of depth. We got a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: Versatility, versatility, So defensive versatility too. You got smart.
Speaker 4: You got a lot of dudes who can cover ground, and then you got smart defenders. Right Like, you look at somebody like Kyle Anderson, right and you say like, man like slow mo, you know U c la, that's my boy. He knows how to read you, you know what I mean. And some and people who are who understand know where to be to make shit happen.
Speaker 2: You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So like that all all all those pieces together start coominga he you know what I mean, as your room protector, you know what I mean, y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all, y'all.
Speaker 4: If y'all ground teams, you know what I mean, and just make them play on the ground, like, don't even let them jump in past.
Speaker 2: Make teams play fundamentals. Y'all gonna beat the ship out of everybody.
Speaker 3: No, that's the fact, bro. I think I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I think this team has a really really really good chance to be special.
Speaker 2: Man Like, yeah, good, you.
Speaker 1: Know once you once you you become a really good team, then you get down to it. You know, it's matchups, it's healthy, is clicking. I think we got a chance to be doing all of that.
Speaker 4: So I like the I like the Hawaii shot Man. We did that a couple of times. Uh, we did that. Uh, I think it was coming off that we believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did that. Yeah, we was internal. Bay.
Speaker 4: I remember Nelly gave us a day off, but he was like, y'a, I'm gonna give you a day off, but y'all gotta do some type of team activity. And everybody decided we was gonna go paintballing Bro, fire not fire.
Speaker 2: Bro. It was the worst decision. Yeah, it was the worst decision. It was.
Speaker 1: It was I mean, everybody had fun, but me right, because I'm like, all right, cool, we all going paintball.
Speaker 2: We separate the teams.
Speaker 4: You got Jack on this side here, am I, Dres Beatrice, a couple of dudes.
Speaker 2: I'm on the other side.
Speaker 4: So when they break, you know, everybody run to the run to their little barriers.
Speaker 2: So it's like this team barrier over here, boom, this team barrier. So I said, man, let me go in the woods and let me like laying this little ditch, right, So whoever come across the forest. Fact I'm getting off right, bro, they said start they start crossfireing. I was sitting in the ditch, bro and all the bullets. I couldn't move. I was slaying there for thirty minutes. Oh my, I kept sitting them here and they was just going back and forth, and I was like, no, Lie, I was just laying like this. They have a little paintball going on. I was like, I'm cool.
Speaker 1: So you had so you got no kills, Bro, I got I got no. When the game started, I was ready to quit. All bullets was headed towards me.
Speaker 2: Hey, bro was in the middle of a crossfire. You ain't even get no shots off, Bro, I ain't even I couldn't even pull the gun up. Stephen Jackson was called Stephen Jackson.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: Look, he was running in the open.
Speaker 1: I bet he was that sounds from.
Speaker 4: I ain't never seen nobody like. He was like Action Jackson. He was hopping over the thing boom. It was him and all j Beach's. That's when I knew. Hey, that boy over there beaches, he raised different.
Speaker 2: He raised with gun.
Speaker 4: He probably been shooting shooting gun since he was six years old. But Stephen Jackson, boy, that boy was hopping off. It was like calling duty for him. And he was just running out in the open.
Speaker 1: I was dang, man, that ain't the first I've heard the story like that.
Speaker 4: Hey, bro, I'm telling you. I know he'll tell you. But that's this is after that, you know what I mean? Looking like Okay, Stack is the realist ever I'd never seen.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: We're doing paintball and he man, he on the yard.
Speaker 4: He's serving, coming around, jumping, flipping over the little plastic thing.
Speaker 2: Boom, get down, you know what.
Speaker 1: I come on, Jack, Let's go home, bro, So this is just who you are. Jack got it?
Speaker 2: Kamakazi hey he he.
Speaker 4: Him and Beaches beat everybody on the other team. And I was laying in the ditch. Dog just kept saying, I'm hit.
Speaker 2: I'm hit. So they can stop. What did y'all do in Hawaii? Y'all do any like?
Speaker 3: Cool team?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? We went to the beach. We kicked it. We ain't go out like that. Yeah, and he was locked in, Bro, we went to the beach. We kicked it. You know.
Speaker 1: Also, Steve, he han't give us now one day off in Hawaii, so wow, Yeah, we ain't get a day off.
Speaker 2: But it was cool. You know.
Speaker 1: We was done by one pm, so you finished practice by one pm. You got the rest of the day in Hawaii. No complaints from me, zero complaints for me. But yeah, Steve, Steve, Steve O. Ain't give us a day off in Hawaii, But it's all good. If we had to do it all over again, no days off, send me, but take me back to Hawaii and we could do it the same way.
Speaker 2: No complaints for me, all right. So look, I got a prediction. What's that? All right? I'm a say a name, right, Okay, give me a thumbs up? Right? Perfect? Draymond Green, Steph Curry, uh, Andrew Wiggins kaminga buddy here? What's that? Starting five? Thank you?
Speaker 1: There it is Heart Warriors?
Speaker 2: Did I predict.
Speaker 3: Himself?
Speaker 2: Confirm? I'm trying to get you to raise your right tweeted tweeted book it and Warriors opening night in Portland.
Speaker 1: Starting man has been confirmed and brought to you by none other.
Speaker 2: There you go, man? Are you excited about this first game? I mean this year? Thirteen? How you? How you? How do you feel? How do you? First of all, how do you feel going into thirteen? It's start team?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed man, I feel lucky. I feel I'm excited, I feel appreciative, I feel open to having I feel open to enjoying basketball, enjoying the season, enjoying the grind. My body feel great, my mind is great, like my drive is great. Yeah, in good shape. Like, man, I feel incredible. I have not felt this good coming into a camp. I've only felt this good coming into a camp out of like an Olympic year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel incredible. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: This year for me is all about just just taking it all in man like, embracing these moments with my teammates because I'm like, man, last couple of years, I just stopped really enjoying it and it's just been hard, like like this season just and I'm like, nah, man, let me let me enjoy this again. Like I'm playing basketball for living. I have loved this since I was five years old, Like, let me, let me enjoy this.
Speaker 2: And so that's where I'm at. Man, I feel great.
Speaker 1: And then it does not help to feel like you got a chance going into the season, you know what I'm saying, Like that that also changes things for me, But man, I feel great. It's it's kind of put me in a place of like you know, I've been saying all this time, like yo, two years is it shit? It kind of put me in a place you feel I'm telling you two years you know what it is, bro, It's show rebirth, And I wanted to tell you this.
Speaker 2: Other dudes in the league look up to you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You're in thirteen now, so you this your rose ceremony, right, And I remember like when I was in my thirteen year, I was kind of hurting shit for all the young dudes no matter where they play, Like we got to realize that they fuck with you, you know what I mean. So it's a responsibility, you know what I mean, for you to enjoy it, for you to enjoy the game and know that these dudes.
Speaker 2: Is a mold.
Speaker 4: You feel what I'm saying of you, and they whatever they gonna do to you is because what they've learned.
Speaker 2: So keep that in mind.
Speaker 4: You feel what I'm saying is like your reverend, you know everything for your team, but like every time you match up these young dudes, they look up to you. So that is and now you have a greater responsibility, you know what I mean, which I think is like, Man, I can't wait for this season, brocause I can see it like you're shooting at three, you know what I mean like, you know, you know what you know, you know what you need to do, you know what I mean, and like and these dudes they look up to you, they coming at you. This is the year where it's like, man, come on, man, this is the year thirteen where it's like you don't figure it out. It ain't no pressure, it's all fun and like everything you learn is gonna work, you know what I mean. And so you're about to you about to get to relearn really over the next two years, the style is about to be your style again, you know what I mean, for sure, but more you know, So even the kid with Steph you feel what I'm saying, Like I think other dudes gonna be coming to you after the game and be like, yo, Dre, you know I looked up to you. Man, I went to your camp. It's greater responsibility, you feel me.
Speaker 3: That's the fact.
Speaker 1: Man Quincy Oliverari, by the way, yep, that was crazy. That moment was so dope. I was actually standing at the free throw line talking to him for the game, I mean during the game, and he was like, Man, I'm a big fans, right mind, you remember me? And I actually remember, like I actually remember him to see him having those moments though, like getting off like by the way that kid can shoot the piss.
Speaker 2: Off the ball. To see him having that moment.
Speaker 1: Man, like Steph is an icon, like and see him like like Steph changed the.
Speaker 3: Game of basketball.
Speaker 1: And to see that kid like had that moment and start crying and like.
Speaker 2: But that's shute, Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: It's like to these kids like kind of like mjst to us, like, like he changed the game of basketball. He changed how we look at the game. To see him have that moment, man, it was so special and I'm happy he had that moment. I will tell him, that's so great, that's incredible you had that moment. Always appreciate Steph the way you appreciate him, because you should always get that respect. But now you had that moment. Now you need to pick him up ninety four feet when you play him again. Man, Now they're need to be healthy. But I'm trying to get at you, my idol and all. And I say this to all the young fellas like I love and like sometimes I'll talk I talk shit to young fellas on purpose just to see where they at with it. You know what I'm saying. And I love when they don't back down. I went at Keyante George last year, young fella from Utah man, he went at my next so crazy.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, like I like that.
Speaker 1: I told Okay, I told Hardy answering his old Jesus, I said, I like young fella. He ain't backing down at all. He talking, He's whooping. God's respect that. So for him, Like you had that moment with Steph, that's incredible. You want to earne yourself a two way, which means you're gonna be up in the NBA something.
Speaker 2: If and when.
Speaker 1: You face Steph Curry against check checkish Joe checkis Jaffe. If he drop you, if he hit three's on you, that's Steph Curry. He's supposed to do that to you.
Speaker 2: But if.
Speaker 1: You play well, if you give him a little bit of a hard time. And again, this ain't just quincy with Steph. This is all these young guys. You are supposed to get dominated by the guys who've been doing it that you grew up with. But you have a right, you have a responsibility to compete with them like never before. Number one, because who knows how long you're gonna get that opportunity right number two. You trying to make a living, just like he trying to make a living. Well, he's making this living now that made it, but was once trying to make a limit. And guys respect you more when you go at them. Now, Steph ain't gonna be like, oh, man, I don't like him anymore, Like nah, you get.
Speaker 2: You know you're a fan? Yeah, if I know you're a fan, and he always gonna be a fan.
Speaker 1: If you don't go at me, I'm well, I know I got an easy way right here because he's my.
Speaker 2: Friend, you know what I mean? Friendly for the game. He a fan. He ain't gonna do much, you know. And I would say the hardest thing is.
Speaker 1: Hell playing against the Jason Kidd, John Stockton, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, man, you played against John Stockton too.
Speaker 1: Playing against John Stockton Bronte is my first game and he ripped me and stole the ball twice and I sat on the bench, wo he pushed me into a pick and I han't even one know.
Speaker 4: Tim Hardaway playing against him in the playoffs. He was my idol, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it's like I'm a fan of Nervous, but my nervous energy. Was like, oh, bro, I gotta to pick these dudes up full court.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like absolutely, I just if I can get their respect, you know what I mean, if I can get they respect after the game, win losing, John, It's like I want them to know my name, not like uh this BD, Like they gotta be thinking about me, like on the calendar. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And so that's what the kid gotta he gotta come with that now because everybody know you're a fan of step So they gonna think one thing. You gotta show them another thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's the fact that I had that the two guys I was star struck by when I came into the league. Shacka just retired, shackles up my all time favorite player of all time, my number one favorite player, Shaquille.
Speaker 3: O'Neill by far, it's my guy. Shaq had just retired.
Speaker 1: But when I'm my first time I had mess Shaq Man, that shit was so surreal for me, Like, Yo, you just cassed shock Diesel.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: But the two guys that it was for me is I always tell people this story and they could quickly guess the first one, but can never guess the second one.
Speaker 3: The first one is obviously Kobe Cole.
Speaker 1: I remember we was playing a preseason game and I had just finished doing my shooting time, and you know the rookie you shoot early. And I had just finished my shooting time, and then we was like supposed to go in the back and like dorough some weight stuff and some other stuff, get your body works on whatever, and you had like these time slots. When I was about to leave out from my shooting time, Cole walked on the court. I had sat at the end of the bench, and my eyes just tracked and walk all the way down the court. Before I knew it, I had sat there and watched him do a thirty five minute work up.
Speaker 3: And just sat there like this the entire time.
Speaker 1: And he walked off and I just tracked him as he walked off to the tunnel, and then I got up and I went it was like, oh man, I'm so sorry I was late. I had missed all my time, but it was cold. And then the second one, people never guessed it. So part also far the reason I was a little more crushed about the USA team because the other one person I was started struggling was actually Great Hill.
Speaker 3: And people never guess ge Hill, but people don't remember g Hill.
Speaker 1: Like when I was coming up as a kid, Grant Hill and Turquoise missed his uniforms.
Speaker 2: Bro, he was sick, crazy, Bro, he was sick. He'll come down full speed, hit you with that has he got. Has he crossed the in and out.
Speaker 1: Man, he he's booming on you too, like g Hill was crazy and so oh, those were the two guys for me that I was most star struck by when they came when I came in the league, and I remember my first time seeing g Hill.
Speaker 2: He was about to play the Clippers.
Speaker 1: He came out of the huddled us when he was hurt and the start lineup was happening, and when he came out, he walked down and when he walked when he walked out the tunnel, the lights was down and they was they had just finished and started lineups. He walking out and he walking across to the Clippers bench and I saw him come out the tunnel and my eyes just tracked and out Washington and I was just watching them walk and Richard Jefferson came and tapped me on my shoulder, like it's all right, young fella. It's all right, young fella. That's she here.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh man, my bad, and he was like nah.
Speaker 2: He was like, I actually had a moment like that with David Robinson.
Speaker 1: He was like, we played him in the NBA Finals, though, he said, once I realized we was about to lose, lose the it was either four to one or four all four, Ah, I think they lost, he said. I was that at the free throw line next to him. Game four us pretty much over. And I told him like, well, now that this is over, I can tell you. But Ourja actually caught me just staring and watching g Hill. Watch everybody, bro. Everybody had their moments, you know what I mean. It's like when you get to the league, it's like, man, like.
Speaker 2: Yo, this is really like yo.
Speaker 4: It's a surreal moment because you're playing with the basketball cards as a kid, he's sneaking to watch games when you can't fit him in the family time. Then when you get in the position of authority, you were watching, you know, them become superstars.
Speaker 2: Then you're on the court with him, it's like damn, like hold on over, I'm really on the court back with one of these ones. Don Yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Can't really be like, hey, man, I want to tell you how dope you are, you know what I mean, how big? You can't say none of that ship. You gotta bottle that up and hide it and took that all the way to the left, you know what I mean? Because them dos ain't fans of yours until you make him that's a fact.
Speaker 3: You don't have to or they're just gonna disrespect you. If not, man, they just gonna walk past you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like, that's what I plan for, man, I want to earn when I walk in the room people, that's bad.
Speaker 2: You feel what I'm saying. That's it, you feel like I think that's that's the upper echelon with Mike, the Hall of Famers, the legends. It's like, man, they know your name. You one of them ones. You know what I mean? You're one of one? Right when you say Draymond Green, you know you are a one of one. There is no there is. You are a mold. You feel what I'm saying. For You're a mom you know.
Speaker 4: For me, I got a chance to play against Grand Hill, not like the Grand Hill with the Pistons. You know, I was afraid him and TMAC teaming up in Orlando, but that never happened. But when he did play, he was in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: And you always know how great I always say this, You always know how great a player is when they're a shell of themselves and they're still great, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like this dude ain't play basketball in two years starting on a you know, top team in Phoenix. Still play defense, still candle like he was, still he was still getting busy, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I happened to have my grand Hill moment running down the court because when I was with the Warriors, you know what I mean, I catch him on the island.
Speaker 2: You know, I catch him on the island. It's like, Oh, Man, Grand Hill, Oh this grand Heel. You know what I mean, Come on, young fella. I'm like, man, this is you Grand Heel. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But for him to be out there and to be a felt like I always say, no matter if you hurt, you know what I mean, the injuries that man went through to still be one of the best players in a mind and know like and still be effective and still be able to get money.
Speaker 2: He was well into his thirties.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying, Like, well into his thirties, hadn't played in a while, it was still balling. That's when you know somebody like their mind and their skill and their greatness. Like it's a lot of dudes that are great and are superstar players as they get older.
Speaker 4: They only were superstars playing like that. You feel what I'm saying for sure. And so it's like you look at some dudes be like, oh man, this dude was. He was crazy for four years scoring. But like you, that's skilled on track asfer as you get older, unless you are a very skilled, intelligent player.
Speaker 1: So speaking of which, you speaking on Grant Hill being a shell of himself, there was a moment on TV this week. It really pissed me off. So I would love to get your take on it. I'll give you mine. But the moment was again he's speaking of injury and being a shelly yourself. The moment was Kendrick Perkins pretty like telling.
Speaker 3: Kawhi he need to retire.
Speaker 2: That's sick coming from Kendrick Perkins, coming from Bro That's sick. That's sick.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was bathefled when I heard him say that, because I just think taking athlete to know that a guy who people has questioned, like whether he cheated the game, But clearly, as you look at this, this what's happened over time, the man ain't cheated the game. He got better from the time they came into the NBA. He improved everything, ball handles, shooting, you name it, and he started to get hurt, won championships. Hasn't been the healthiest guy. People questioned whether he was really faking or whether he's Clearly the man wasn't faking. Good question that to say, like to hear Perk say, yeah, he need to retire, he need to consider retiring.
Speaker 3: I thought that was crazy because.
Speaker 1: Perk last three years in the NBA, nobody was pushing him to retirement and everybody probably should happen. I mean, averaged two point five points for three years straight, like two point five, three point five, two point like, and nobody was really pushing you for to retire. Guys like Brian and KD was actually inviting him to the team like he was kind of he was kind of sad the forum and to push this man towards retirement like obviously the man want to play. He play every chance he gets. He go out there, he try to play, and he come back still.
Speaker 3: Looking like Kawhi Leonard balling.
Speaker 2: It, not being the man. Average twenty points fifty percent from Phil forty three last year. When you average two, like and you you're gonna lead, like, tell me you need to retired now. When you average too, Bro, you can't walk in that. You can't walk in that room. If you average two, you can't walk in that room. Bro, you can't do that. You're not allowed room. You can't. You ain't even allowed in the door. Y'all allowed it.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying, like my reason why you got there because you're on the championship team.
Speaker 2: That's it. And by the way, I'm not going again. But you're in that room. But you're in that room, Yeah, you're in that room.
Speaker 1: When you say Kawhi, come on, that's one on one like you know, it's almost like I understand what Perk was saying and how he was trying to deliver it, but it shouldn't be delivered from him.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You average too? You feel like on the rail. You average too? Bro? You know what I'm saying, and like, come on, bro, like, okay, this is the media. Okay, we're in the media too. Now, okay, you're in the media. I understand hot takes and all that ship for ESPN and you know what I mean, but you average too, and you're speaking on you know what I mean? You you you damn there, like you discredit yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes, when you speak on another dude and the injuries, knowing how the ship we gotta go through mentally psychologically, this man is great.
Speaker 2: He finals MVP, All Star every time your two time finals MVP. You feel me, Why is this man? You think he not trying to play? Why is he a training camp? You think he's not trying to play. So you're gonna say, oh, and then you're gonna throw the injury. Oh you know, because uh, people experience. You ain't experienced shit, you know, like dog, you ain't experienced what he experienced.
Speaker 1: So being out a law and in his brotherhood, like man, you don't speak on nobody like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, it's a hierarchy, you know what I mean. It's a hierarchy. And I understand we in the media and ship, but if we hoop it. Everybody in the media need to understand. It's a pecking order. For sure. You ain't one of them. Once shut the hell up, you should.
Speaker 1: And it's that Paul or KG because it's gonna it's you know what I mean, because they're gonna have They're gonna be better to articulate that when you you ain't articulating that, right, and it's not coming from like we ain't catching that the way is you know what I mean? On ESPN and all like damn bout it. The season ain't even started, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't know's I don't feel that ship. I think it's very simple.
Speaker 1: I think a great skill in life, and a very important skill is knowing how to read the room. And obviously he ain't reading the room he on TV, but like you gotta read the room like and man two point five three point five two point five perk.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't push that man to retirement. Twenty people as people as people is pulling you in, you know what I mean, They pulling you into the league, right. You ain't even really like on the rail. You're taking it young. You know, I probably took three years of a young dude's salary. You know what I mean, because what exactly.
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 2: You can't he can't speak, he will. I don't know, man, that's performing at a high, high level. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Who injured? You don't know his injuries? You don't You don't know nothing about his injuries. And that's what I hate when we start switching up on this media shiit thinking like it gotta be a hot take, no, bro, like sometimes just park it. PA's that ship to KG and Paul Perk also let out by saying, and this ain't no hot take. That's like saying, hey, no disrespect, but I'm about to dis if I tell you yo, no disrespect, I'm about to disrespect you. Like, hey, this ain't a hot take, it's a hot tape.
Speaker 2: Like stop, bro, That's that's all it is. Stop. This may sound like a hot tape.
Speaker 3: I mean, no disrespect.
Speaker 1: But I'm sorry to bother you but cannot get a picture. You're not sorry, You're not sorry. Sorry, I am sorry to bother you, But like I know you're eating. I know you're eating, but you want to.
Speaker 4: Take a picture. Hell, no, go, bro, don't want to sit here and eat my food. I didn't come here to take pictures when I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying to eat. That's all right, all right, all right park Man, all right, So man looks jokingly, you know, and this is just a joke. Before we end the upcoming Warrior seasoned conversation, I have to ask you, should I be worried about you? I done? That ship was classic? Hey bro, Hey, I was on the I J and I and I said, I ain't worried about him. Oh bro, they start coming at me. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: My man said, Yo, people are worried about you. I couldn't believe he said that. I was like, people are worried about?
Speaker 2: Like what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What tell me.
Speaker 3: What it is that they are worried about?
Speaker 2: What are they worried about?
Speaker 3: I'm doing incredibly well, possibly better than.
Speaker 2: Them, be the best that I've ever done in my life.
Speaker 1: This but that's neither here nor there. I just forget how if it's better than them? Are I'm doing incredible? My wife's doing amazing, my kids are doing amazing. Life's great, families good, everybody's healthy.
Speaker 2: I'm great.
Speaker 3: So again, help me understand who's worried.
Speaker 1: And what exactly are they worried about? The reality is that guy always chases like stuff with me. You think I've like disrespected him or like never given him a quote or bah.
Speaker 3: The reality is I don't really take him very.
Speaker 1: Seriously because he's just, yeah, he's kind of just like an older guy. Like my grandmother would be mad if I like got upset at him, Like he's an older guy. So I kind of don't take him serious because it's like he's always chasing like something with me, and so I really just don't take him serious. And when he said it, I was a little bit thrown off, but it was just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, what.
Speaker 5: I don't know though, So I.
Speaker 2: It was awkward to like like that and started, Oh that was the first question.
Speaker 3: It was within the first three questions for sure?
Speaker 2: Is that what we all?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Is that? What way?
Speaker 1: So he just showed me what type of time he's on. The reality is this, most people like this guy always pick with me. Most players probably would have tried to get them banned by now. At the end of the day, bro, do your job. I'm not going to try to get you.
Speaker 2: I don't care about doing that any Yeah, like it is to go to the media.
Speaker 1: The dudes who used to fuck with me, I used to read all the articles, and then when they would talk to me, I'd be like, dude, you're the worst fucking reporter I ever met.
Speaker 2: Let's have a writing contest. I go at him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, your ship is terrible. I bet you can't write. Let's have a writing contest. I ain't even tripping on you because you're not even good at your job.
Speaker 2: I read everything he wrote about me. I ain't really had no flow, no real story, and it was inaccurate. So like, you want to have a writing content on that? Pis a mom? Were you telling that, Oh you're not a good job. You're right, bro, you're right, excerts in the paper. Get out of here. Bro, you're not like no journalist. It's always that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just like, men, don't want to take him down? Like why you want to take why you want to take you to you?
Speaker 1: Bro? Do you by the way, I don't want to take you down? Like I'm not even.
Speaker 2: Thinking about you. You're not worried about you. Nobody nobody I'm talking to is worried about you. Why are you talking all these people on me? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Don't make most Like I said, I probably have a great relationship with probably ninety seven to ninety eight percent the media, and I have no problems, no issues. I respect the job, even the guy always trying to pick on me. I respect it. Do your job. Unfortunately, I don't think he got the answer he was quite looking for. Yeah, I do apologize because I do. I do try my best to give people the answers that they're looking for. So I apologize to him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, moving.
Speaker 4: Along, Yeah, moving along. I say, as a dad, you know Lebron and Bronnie playing together, I think the shit is dope. You faced both of them in the preseason, right, they didn't play together, but Bronnie had a solid game in the last one. There was a report out that said the Warriors passed up on to respect the wishes of Lebron.
Speaker 2: James. Cool for the Warriors to say something like that or to do something like that.
Speaker 1: Uh, I mean, I think it's great for the Warriors to stay in do that because the reality is they could have drafted Brownie. And I think after watching Stephen Bron in the playoffs, you probably look back on it like, dang, we probably should have tried to learn him away because that thing just looked incredible.
Speaker 2: Watching them too, Yeah, in the Olympics together.
Speaker 1: Uh, and saying that I think number one, Brownie and bron playing together incredible.
Speaker 2: It's insane, Like incredible.
Speaker 3: Anybody who hated on that, hate yourself.
Speaker 1: If you're hating on that at all, hate yourself, because there's absolutely nothing to hate about with that number one to play against Brownie, especially the second game of the last game of the preseason. My only thing to Brownie is this, brother, if you're gonna fail, And I actually said to him, hey, man, if you're gonna fail, yeah, you know how to play basketball and something. Some of this time I'm watching you play and you acting like you don't know how to play basketball. The one thing I know you know how to do is you know how to play basketball.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hey, man, just play your game. If you're gonna fail, fail because you fail playing like you know how to play. Don't fail because you ain't doing what.
Speaker 2: You know how to do. Yeah. Like, And to see him how.
Speaker 3: That last game that he had, I enjoy I enjoy watching it.
Speaker 1: Because the scrutiny that he's under for the fifty fifth pick, Like if you go down, if you go to the average NBA fan and ask them, give me the fifty fifth pick of the last ten years.
Speaker 3: They probably can't get two of them.
Speaker 1: Two absolutely cannot get two of them, right, And so the scrutiny that he's under. You don't hear about the first pick, you don't hear it about the second pick, you don't hear it about the third pick. But for some reason, all of a sudden, because African American dad and his African American ass son are now on the same NBA team, Like, we don't see this in corporate America every day, Like we don't see this in ownership and NBA teams every day.
Speaker 2: Like we don't see this in.
Speaker 1: Lawn services every day, construction companies every day, Like we don't see this all over the place. And people want to act like the fifty fifth pick that if it wasn't if his name wasn't Lebron James Junior, they wouldn't care, they wouldn't know, and they want to act like, ah, man, look, he had a bad game. What did you expect, by the way, from the fifty fifth pick.
Speaker 3: Quite frankly still right, yeah, nineteen guess.
Speaker 1: What if I'm honest, the fifth pick that comes into the NBA after one year of college, ain't ready to play in it.
Speaker 3: Nobody to act like the fifty.
Speaker 1: Fifth pick supposed to be just ready to go in the NBA on day one, Like you're just a hater because it's unfair and it's why.
Speaker 3: And the last thing I'm gonna say about.
Speaker 1: Bronnie is this, when he gets the ball, stop fucking cheering like he don't know how to play and like he not in the NBA. You make it so much harder when an NBA player get the ball in the cross like an NBA player because you're making this like some phenomenal When I'm on the corner, Oh, and I just want to go play basketball, So stop with the whole. Every time he get the ball, y'all go crazy, like relax, let that man play basketball. Ain't nobody coming to y'all job. Every time it's time for you to Oh you're trying to do something like, ain't nobody coming to y'all job doing that? Stop going to that man job. And he get the ball and you start going crazy and like he gotta do something because you're not giving him a fair shot to be successful.
Speaker 3: Get up, young man, a fair shot to be successful.
Speaker 1: He worked his ass off to get to where he at and regardless of how you feel, he got there, he there, So give him a fair chance. Like he can't play. I hate when people do that. That's an NBA player, Stop.
Speaker 2: All NBA players, whether he like him or not. They got Game No. One on the Fringes and the g League and the two way.
Speaker 4: I like Briannie Game one Ross Row's alumni, so I'm a fan, you know, the SC thing.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he got out of there. But I didn't think, see like Ronnie, you should have said, we ain't. Don't even get into that. You know. I had to hate on him a little bit when he went to SC, But I also didn't when I saw him at SC, I was like, this kid does not belong in college, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because he's a good player, and he he can fall into being a good player in college and the glue dude, or he can go to the league and become a point guard at six ' two with his bill his athleticism, right, and so he's gonna get so much better, bro right, And how about this.
Speaker 2: Is Daddy, who were on the team with.
Speaker 1: Is one of the greatest player ever played, one of the greatest players ever played.
Speaker 2: Okay, so look at that is.
Speaker 4: So that isn't gonna fall He nineteen, He can jump out the gym. He fearless, brownie, no permission, Bro, We're not asking for no permission on me. I don't give a fuck. We turn it over, steals blocks like you gotta just go and learn, you know what I mean. That's all you gotta do is just go and learn. Because he is getting better. And I was telling people, bro, summer league is the worst time to judge somebody. Once you're in training camp and you start seeing where you fit in, and like everybody, when you get to the league, I don't give a fuck how good you are. You better figure out how you become some part of the gloom exactly, you know what I mean, or unglued you out.
Speaker 1: So he's smart enough to know how to fit in. He's smart enough to know how to play. He just gotta be able to say, you know what, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: If y'all don't think I deserted it got they show you exactly. Oh well I'm in, you know what I mean. And if there's a party, I'm gonna dance too. Yeah, that sit and and I think him doing that, But I also say this is good for the Lakers, Bro, you know, because Lebron has more responsibility to be a great teammate to everybody on the team.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: You can't even you can't. You can't be the Kobe thing now. Yeah, you can't be like you can't be what you used to be. You kind of gotta be a little bit engaged. You kind of gotta be a little bit coach mentor in a different way.
Speaker 1: Right, And they're having your son there, it's like you gotta leave all the goodness so he can continue.
Speaker 2: Fact, you know what I mean. So you gotta treat everybody on you on the team ten times better than you treated them last year. You can't walk by nobody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So, like the level of leadership is now, it has to be outside of King James. It's gotta be like I gotta show my son. I got to show these young dudes the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's a fact. That's one thousand percent of fact.
Speaker 1: And I think Bron, just like any other responsibility he's ever had, he gonna shoulder he gonna sell in it, and it ultimately will help Brownie.
Speaker 2: And I would say.
Speaker 1: The last thing I would say about Brownie is if I'm Brownie, anytime I check into an NBA game, if the point guard is bringing the ball up the floor, I'm picking you up full pick every time as long as I'm in that game. And I say this to all young guards, by the way, if you're not a starting point guard in the NBA, when you come in the game, I ain't saying you gotta be Patrick Beverly turning the guy like, but you better be up there just to turn him a couple of times just so he ain't walking the ball up he ain't comfortable. Because if you're gonna let these guards, starting guards like yourself, just walk you up to the spot that they want to get you to, you dead. So that would be my word the Brownie is anytime you just step foot in an NBA game, you go pick up the point guard and you go pick them up ninety four feet every time.
Speaker 2: Man, that's your moment to introduce yourself. What sub Jason Kidd man o BD, I'm watching, I'm about to pick you up full court? What's that? Full course? Sam Cansell, Sam Canselle, tell you, man, what are you doing over here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You better get back there, you know what I mean. But like you developed that relationship and that's how that is the first initial way you earn respect bro Yep, that's the fact.
Speaker 1: And switching over to the East, you know, speaking a little bit about the West, we're gonna switch to the East. Well, obviously the current world champions resign for now. Do you think the Celtics will come back out of the East again?
Speaker 3: Last time?
Speaker 2: Team repeat it. I'm just saying I am.
Speaker 1: You know, no pun intended was two seventeen eighty. You know that's what we got going. Do you think the Celtics will be the team to come out of the East. You know, the Knicks made their moves, Philly Madson moves. What you're thinking the moves? Who you got coming out to East? Uh?
Speaker 4: You know I played for the Knicks, so I'm rocking with the Knicks. I gotta say the Knicks don't come out the East this year. I feel like I think the Karl Anthony Towns trade allowed them to match up with Boston with Al Hortford at the five or Prezingers at the four.
Speaker 2: You know, like you can use cat and in that you know trail five position.
Speaker 4: You got og, you got bridges, you know, Jalen Brunson, and then a bunch of scrappy dudes like Josh Harten.
Speaker 2: He gonna play hard, he gonna make big shots.
Speaker 4: But I think having at coming into that trail five now you can't double brush and Brustling is one of the best post up guards you know in the league, and him down below the free throw line is dangerous for any guard. So, you know, I think it's I think it's a it's a great matchup because they do have guys who can't defend the Jason Taintum, who can't defendit, Jayalen Brown, you know, And you know, I think Jayalen you know, I think Jalen Bruston is It's probably one of the most difficult people I've seen. Nobody can guard this though, man, I mean, Jaylen Bruston is damn good.
Speaker 1: Uh. I think in order to guard Jayleen, though, you you just you have to put size on him, Like you can't like to think that you're going to put a guard his size or smaller on him.
Speaker 2: You're not going to speed him up.
Speaker 1: So if a smaller guard not going to speed him up, then they have no chance because he's just gonna use his body, gonna get this spots raised up over.
Speaker 2: So I think in order to guard Jalleen Brust and you have to guard him with size. Sometimes that may not even be a guard.
Speaker 1: Like like I told you, I said I've said before when we played the Mavericks when Jaylen Brust was there right before he left to New York. I guarded him that series because he was just he wanted to get to that MIDI you know what I'm saying, want to get into the paint body and so I can. I can take the shoulders like that's what we do in the pumps like, so I can take So I guarded him like you have to guard him with size. If you do have size on him, then the Cat and Jaylen Brunston pick and roll you can switch. I also think the problem that and I think you tripping. They don't have a chance at beating the Celtics. And the problem that they're gonna have is the Celtics defensively our Horford. I'm telling you people don't often our Horford is going to give Cat some trouble Like our Horford defensively man, especially come playoff time, he may not care all these but come play our Horford is going to give Cat fits. The Boston Celtics also have a lineup where they can switch Jason Tatum on the cat, they can switch Drew Holliday on the cat. They can switch Jaylen Brown on the cat.
Speaker 2: Well you think that because he played, because he's just picking pop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's picking pop and by the time he walked down to the to the post. Those guys have so much length, Like, they have so much length to wear. They may not have the girf although Drew Holliday, I bet you can guard Cat in the like Drew Holliday.
Speaker 2: By the way, I ain't going that far, but.
Speaker 3: I think I know for sure that Boston will be able to guard them.
Speaker 1: And so with that being said, I just don't think they're going to be able to guard Boston because JB gotta check Kat. You gotta check like everybody on Boston is a threat, like and so you can't. Yeah, you can't have weak links on your defense or yeah, And I'm not saying Kat is a weak defender.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying JB are week defenders.
Speaker 1: I'm saying they better come in, locked in and focus if they're gonna if they think they're gonna compete with that team. And me personally, I like the Knicks, but I don't think they can compete with the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 2: I just don't think.
Speaker 4: So what about the Sixers or anybody else? I mean, who do you think? Okay, so it's Boston. Who do you think is two, three and four.
Speaker 2: In the East?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: I got Boston, I got the Knicks, And by the way, I'll even go step further, the Knicks may end up even being the number one seed because sometimes you I'm off a championship and the Knicks gonna come out hunger try and win every game in Boston. Sometimes you just trying to get back to the playoffs, and you may drop a couple here and there, so that could happen. Nonetheless, the best teams in the in the East would be Boston.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I think the Knicks will ultimately be better than Philly. Okay, Orlando. Oh, and then I think you have Indiana. Oh oh, man, I forgot about Milwaukee. Let me rewind Boston is the best team alright, exclude Boston.
Speaker 2: Then you got Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: I'm taking Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Then the Knicks.
Speaker 1: No Knicks, Milwaukee Knicks, Milwaukee Sixers, Magic, No, not six Knicks, Milwaukee with the Sixers. I'm gonna tell you what in the second yeah, Nick, Milwaukee Magic Pacers, Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And then I'll roll with the Sixers. Sixers are being fIF for six.
Speaker 2: What about the heat?
Speaker 3: The heater will be in the play in.
Speaker 2: Cleveland.
Speaker 1: I think Cleveland has a chance to be one of those teams, one of those four, four or five.
Speaker 2: They have a chance.
Speaker 1: But they're gonna have to figure it out fast. And you know, they got a new coach. I think Kenny's gonna do great. I'm just not sure how fast they can figured it out. Went to East tough man. But it's saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I My problem with the Sixers is they already hurt, and we know they struggle with injury. Who's heart, Joel?
Speaker 2: I keep me not good at all?
Speaker 1: The g now dealing with the neat hyper extension and Joel and probably not PG I ain't playing back to backs, so you're giving those games away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then them team you're gonna need them with.
Speaker 1: And so that's the Boston yeah for sure. So that's why I don't think Philly is going to be in the top four or five. I think could be five, five or six. But I don't think they are going to be up there at the upper echelonta of East teams.
Speaker 2: I don't see. I do like Indiana. I like Indiana. They play hard, they got good guard play, they play defense. I like it. I like Indiana. Yeah, I like Indiana as well. I like it.
Speaker 4: I like them over and I do like Orlando. That's my boy, Jamal Musley. But I do like Indiana a little bit more than I do Orlando.
Speaker 2: But that pop, that pollow he's said else and they brought in guy like k C. P. I think that's gonna that's gonna help them. I think that's gonna help them a lot. They still need a point guard though, they do. They do.
Speaker 1: I think Jayleen Sucks is a backup yeah, or a.
Speaker 4: Good combo guard, you know what I mean to start, But they definitely need maybe they Yeah.
Speaker 2: What you're gonna what do you think gonna happen in Atlanta? Bro?
Speaker 1: It's over for Atlanta? Okay, it's right man. They have the number one hit. Yeah, they might have a number one pick again. Damn, thank you, young boy.
Speaker 2: About to get paid though, Jaylon Johnson. They better pay nice. That kid is nice. He's gonna be all right. I mean that's the East, but uh, you know, getting out the West ain't gonna be easy either. Man. You got the thunder upgraded, right, kids are? And what's de bo? Timberwolves upgraded? Ah okay.
Speaker 3: And it's no disrespect to Julius or Cat.
Speaker 2: I just think like.
Speaker 1: It's going from it's going from Cat to Julius the thing that gets you over the Hunt. I don't think that Cat was your number one issue, So I don't think that's the thing to get you over to Hunt. I just think ultimately the timber was, and Tim Connelly is one of the better gems in the NBA. I just think Tim Connley know like, we can come back with the same team and it's still not going to be enough. So we do have to try something, you know. And I feel like that's kind of where Minnesota was. It's like you kind of gotta try something because you just know it wasn't enough before. And so I kind of view that trade more as that, like now the Knicks getting Cat, I think that I think that could be a high.
Speaker 2: But in saying that, you know, I think, but I do think the sleeper in this is de Vincenzo, No he is, he's a sleeper in there, somebody like that. They didn't have none of that at all.
Speaker 4: Last Like last year was just really depending on how An't play and Cat you know, showing up, Rudy showing up, and then everybody else would have a game or two. But they didn't have like somebody was just a spark, you know what I mean, like a like a scoring spark, a spark like what an attitude too from guard play.
Speaker 1: Well for sure, and I think Dante can be that and Dante will be that. But again, I still think it boss down to their number one problem that they had. It's still the number one problem that they have. So until you correct the number one issue that you have, I know Dante is great. I think that's incredible. I et think Julius can come out and play great. But until you correct the number one issue that you have, you keep doing what you're doing, You're gonna keep getting what you're getting.
Speaker 4: And it looked like the Kings is starting to upgrade, you know, It's looked like they building, you know, the team and try and catch on after y'all beat them in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And Damar how you feel about how you feel about the Kings.
Speaker 1: I like, I like obviously Damars. You know, twenty three plus thousand points in this league. Like was what I was saying, hall of famer for sure. Anytime you can add a hall of famer, I think you added hall of famer.
Speaker 2: I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I do think Addam Damar is going to change the way they play a little bit. But Damar is good enough to change the way you play a little bit. Yeah, And that's just kind of what it boils down to. I think what it ultimately does is when it get down to the nitty gritty in the playoffs and in these big games, I think it relieves the pressure of some bonus to need to score because now Damar and Fox going to have the ball, add some monk that you don't have to have the bonus trying to score down the stretch where it can get tougher, Like, you know, you can make it harder on the bonus down the stretch when they letting you really body back and.
Speaker 3: Like not call it TICKI tack files like you can make it a little tougher on him. And I think that out of tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That takes that takes him out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it takes him from being a focal point one because a big, a big part of like their offense depend on him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But it depends on him like getting going early every time you get it then you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And so like after a while, if you know, and he's a great player, if if it ain't no flow, then the next thing is like, all right, dann you take over.
Speaker 2: Month, you take over, right.
Speaker 4: I think Damar coming in and kind of takes some of that pressure off of him having to go so hard, so early, so fast, either pick up files get you know what I mean, like getting into a lot of little murky, little foul trouble and things like that, because he has to be that that focal point of that offense.
Speaker 2: So hopefully that'll ease some of that pressure off of him, you feel me. I think it will.
Speaker 1: And I think I think like that's kind of one of the things that they have been trying to figure out, you know, in these big games and stuff, and so I think that ultimately takes that away. Now and Adam Lamar and he shot the ball well in the preseason, but he got to keep on shooting him. You know, you lose like having he heard her uh you know with the floor spacing and all that. But again, you replace Herder with DeMar DeRozan any day of the week. So that's neither here nor there. I think they definitely upgraded for sure. Hell yeah, breakout player. You got any breakout guys, young fellas, any of the guys that you expect me to break out this year?
Speaker 4: I think Jalen Green, I think I thank him and the big dude, uh saying I don't call him saying geek, say goom.
Speaker 2: I like him. I think he's gonna have a breakout year. Uh kay. Cunningham is gonna be an All Star this year. I do. I like that. That's my guy. I think k Cunningham becomes an All Star this year and even winning two games.
Speaker 4: Now they're gonna list some games, you don't say, I think Detroder is gonna list some games like they they they got a different coach, right, yeah, yeah, who's the coach now? Bing they got a new coach, So now you're gonna see they were in a lot of games last year they just couldn't figure out how to finish, And then a lot of times he was keeping them in games. So I just think he's gonna have a breakout year. And then my comeback player of the year. Oh, another breakout year, Trey Man Ain't Charlotte Ah okay, I like that about you.
Speaker 1: My breakout player. I'm gonna go Jonathan Cominga. I think JK is due for a big year. I think he's gonna take some huge steps. So I'm gonna go JK. I like your Jay, I like your Jalen Green pick. I'll tell you that's that's a really great pick. So I'll plase you on that one. Uh. My second breakout player of this year, I am going to go with I am going to go with Devin Vasell. I think Devinll is going to have a really big year for the Spurs. Everybody's talking about Winby next to CP, but people tend to forget JJ Reddick next to CP and Devin Vaselle. They run a lot of sets for it. They could havem coming off screens, he can shoot the ball. CP gonna find him. CEP also gonna help him out born in his pick and roll game. I think Devin Vasell is going to have a breakout, big year for the same game.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like his game. I think the Spurs gonna be uh here, will be a team to reckon with.
Speaker 3: Absolutely like they're gonna be some people.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna be some people. For stung, I'm not. I don't think they get into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But no, they definitely gonna be some people, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: But so that's a that's a good ass call right there. That that's a good call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I think Kevin Porter Junior too. If the Clippers let him rock, you got him. You got him and James two lefties, come on, yo.
Speaker 1: Two lefties just don't feel right though it feels too left. Both of them can rock of course now with him coming off the bench, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, I feel like a lot of left hands. I'm just saying a lot of left hands.
Speaker 1: But they both are Nights before we get out of here, Man, opening night of the last season of Inside the NBA, I want to drop a tier, as I'm sure most people do. But can you share, like some of the like, what share may be your favorite moment when.
Speaker 4: You worked on that show, man, I think every time I worked it was just a privilege because you get to be around shot. Usually I would come in and like, if Kenny was on the road, they have me come in. Got the rock with Barkley, who are legend. And if it's no Barkley, there's no us in media, you know. I remember the time I did fill in for Barkley. I put a bunch of snacks in his drawer and I was like going through his drawer during the show, putting.
Speaker 2: The snacks out.
Speaker 4: But the thing I love about the show is like they encourage you to like try spontaneous shit, you know. And then I say, when we nod on the show, the best part is the camaraderie, getting to know people. You play against these dudes all your life, or you idolize them. Look, you know you idolize them, but you never really get a chance to have a conversation and to see them be normal people. And so like that's where like my joy was. Obviously I beat Shack to the board who was running, But every little thing was cool. Uh, every time I felt in it was just a cool it was a cool situation.
Speaker 1: I thought I got a chance to like show my personality and then I did the players only thing.
Speaker 2: Too, when they ran that for a year.
Speaker 4: So that was hell of cool working with see Web two, seeing c Web and KG like meet for the first time, Like that was that was the craziest shit I had ever seen in my life. Man, when Chris Webber met Kevin Garnett at TNT on the first day of Players Only, So I was like, that was a moment where I was like, damn, Doug. We playing this game for so long, and like we never get a chance to get the people roses that we we battled against, you know what I mean. And so like that was kind of like my approach on the Stoke. It's like I want the young dudes to know we love them, you know what I mean, we give them their roses.
Speaker 2: And then also like just being in that company was incredible. Oh yeah, you know what I run. I won the Indy five hundred shit, we had the cars. We have to uh.
Speaker 1: We was racing kids though on the Indy. On the Indie drag racing. I smoked everybody canas Parker. Everybody brought it.
Speaker 2: You know, that's old South Central, that's my old South Central ways. I get out. What about you? What was you know? I mean, you've been on the show, and you know, I like the addition. You feel what I'm saying, appreciate it. I appreciate it. Yeah, Like tell me how you feel about the you know, the show and all that.
Speaker 1: I think number one, like you said, man, just going on that show as an honor, the way those guys all for Ernie, Chuck, Shaq, Kenny, you know, all the producers, you know them having me on that show, It's just always a special feeling for me. Like there's never not a time that when I go up there, I'm not like, wow, like this is amazing. I can't believe I'm up here. I think my favorite times, man, some of my favorite times are like, like the show is incredible, and I think when they brought out them them wild rodents, that's my most memorable time because it's just like why do we have rodents? Like why do we have rodents up here? I'm sorry, but like, like what are we doing? I came here to talk about basketball? Man, Like I'd say, that's one of my most memorable times. It's always fun, man, chasing Kenny to the board, chasing Shock to the board, you know, like all these different things, the jokes, Chuck and Shot getting into it You're sitting up there, it's like, man, you feel like sometimes like yo, is he really about to get up to hit him? You know what I'm saying, Like just all of those moments, and then also like who they all are as the people Like Shaq had me at his home, you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 3: Gave me a I went and did his podcast and you know, have some food for us.
Speaker 1: And like when someone opened up their home to you, that's the ultimate respect, you know what I'm saying, Like Chuck, Chuck always hey, man, where are we going, Like like let's go come with me, You go with me, We're going to get a drink. We're going here, like we're doing this afterwards.
Speaker 3: And you know Kenny, Kenny's just always want to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: He's teaching you stuff, you know. So, man, I think I think it's in then Ernie the best man in the world. Like you just want to know how you're doing, how your family.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So just being able to interact with them, to step in their world and go on the stage with those guys. Man, it's always an honor and a pleasure. I'm sick to see the show lead even because it's you know, I always tell you like people talk ship and we all do like, man, shut up shocking, shut up shocking. They don't know what they talking about. Man, we are the reason everybody gets so but hurt about what they be saying is because we all look.
Speaker 2: To that show for validation.
Speaker 1: And as an NBA player, when you play well, like and you played on that night, like you can't wait to go watch the TNT highlights to see what they're saying about you.
Speaker 2: You know, that show is like yeah, when the playoffs come, hey, bro, you gotta make it up. You gotta make it to the highlights.
Speaker 1: You got you walk them spending the whole segment talking about how well you play, because once again them legends them great some Hall of famers, you know, and on top of that, just they are the Hall of Fame, the another echelon the mount rushmore of of of that, you know what I mean, ain't even like there is no there is no like, how do you even create there's no category. They're like it was a category of his own. You feel what I'm saying, Man, it's a special shout out to the guys. Man looking forward to this last season. Hope I have an opportunity. There's a few opportunities to go on the show this year. But man, it's been a great run. Finished out strong fellas, yeast.
Speaker 2: I feel like a part of the NBA. Yeah, leaving us, but man, you fellas been great for years and we thank you all. Salute to you all for y'all.
Speaker 3: Plus the producers. I saw Tim Carley's coming back, absolutely incredible, Craig Berry.
Speaker 1: Legend, Terror August who's not there anymore but helped build that show, legend. Absolutely appreciate all them folks, man, they incredible.
Speaker 2: Shout out to them, Shout out to the squad. Man.
Speaker 1: I met so many good people, Row Pairs, became friends with Christian let Lo, you know what I mean, just like the every you know, you start thinking about everybody who kind of came up with you and with me and the thing, and to see all these people in their careers flourishing.
Speaker 2: Man, it's just it's incredible. You know, this game, in this league.
Speaker 1: You know, when when you put yourself in position, they you know, people take we take care of each other, and people take care of you. They always, you know, they just make this shit so easy, you know.
Speaker 2: And allow me to be like, yo, be more, you know, be more yourself because a lot of times I get up there, you know, you be a little nervous because.
Speaker 4: Once that shit all, you got to be quick, you know what I mean. And they know each other, you know what I mean. In the house, they know each other. So it's a I think it's a great opportun tunity for us as former players. Current players like to watch that show and study it because we got to now be the generation to take that torch and like figure out how we're gonna create our brotherhood and family, bud and media to show you know, that same type of energy.
Speaker 1: One thousand percent, man, one thousand percent. So I'm looking forward to the last season. I know it's gonna be great. I know it's gonna be plenty of great moments to come out of it. Just enjoy while we got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah you ain't love it. Shout out to the guys. That's it, man, Oh shit, that's it. Yoh, we've been rocking. That was a nice little That was a nice run. First one was nice. First one in hey bro, we covered a lot a lot.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Shout out to y'all out there for listening. Tune in, share with your friends, myself be d We'll be bringing the news.
Speaker 2: See y'all. We'll be here having a good time. Make sure y'all check in.
Speaker 1: That's episode one and that's a rap The Dymond's Green Shaw with Baron David
Speaker 8: M HM