Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Getty and he Armstrong and Getty Strong.
Speaker 3: If not live from studio, c Armstrong and Getty, we're off for taking a break. Come on, you get a break, We get a break. We'll be back live for twenty five while.
Speaker 2: We're off, enjoy a carefully cultivated Ay and Ge replay.
Speaker 3: This is one of your rare Michaelangel has taken it in One More Thing podcasts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as he referring to Senile Biden with his mouth hanging open or somebody chewing or what.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine said that about their elderly dad who he loves the other day, Like what age does your mouth start hanging open?
Speaker 2: He said, I'm not looking forward to that, the ravages of age. Oh, it's so hard. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm going to get a strap around my head that holds it up or something like you just had surgery and tie at the top. Anyway, what are you talking about, Michael, I'm.
Speaker 5: Talking about Jim etiquette. And I don't know quite how to handle this. Uh so I have to go to the gym because I have type two diabetes.
Speaker 3: Gym Jim, Yeah, g ym Jim etiquette as you call him Jim or James, depending on what they want.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, working out, and I know you and you go to the gym with your kids, and.
Speaker 6: I know Katie goes to the gym, and.
Speaker 2: So I go to the gym.
Speaker 6: Or I wasn't leaving you out?
Speaker 2: Well you left me out. You literally left me out. What do you mean you're not? Apparently, apparently it doesn't show. I was saving the best boys. I'm strong like bull. Are you kidding? Joe? You look great? That was rude, Jack.
Speaker 4: Thanks Katie. I'm freaking ripped. Look at those guns.
Speaker 3: Like if I say to somebody, I was at the gym the other day, you go to the gym, what sort of check like, James, whatever?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 2: Anyway, there there you were at the gym, Mike Lafe, I think, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm on a gym machine and then there's a guy to the right of me and he's working out. But he's a bit of a mouth breather, so he really excels. And the problem is he has the worst breath I have ever saw, and it's the room breath. Yes, I am like two machines away from him, and it is so bad.
Speaker 2: That's there's something wrong there. They need to get to a doctor.
Speaker 3: You might have been intervening in a medical situation if there are two machines away and you can smell their breath.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And as sure hal etosis right over there?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Yeah?
Speaker 4: The guy's got the rotten gums. That's what's happening there. That's what halotosis is. Mostly, it's it's bacterial infections and decay of your gums.
Speaker 2: Give us an overall look other than his breath. What do you look like?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: Age? Fifs or not?
Speaker 6: Older man?
Speaker 5: I'd say probably in this fifties. Normal guy, I mean decent shape, but just terrible and a normal guy who smells like a dung heap. Yeah, And I could not continue my workout because it smelled so bad it was making me sick. And so my question is, I don't this guy if I see me?
Speaker 6: What do I do?
Speaker 8: I mean?
Speaker 6: Do I just should I say something politely?
Speaker 2: You make it leg day and you go over there exactly. That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 8: Just pick a different part of your workout to do while he's on the machine.
Speaker 2: What possibly would you say to the gentleman.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I have to use certain machines because I have to use certain exercises.
Speaker 6: It's a long story, but you get blood sugar down.
Speaker 3: You sure you've got health reasons to be at the gym, and nobody wants to, like have to alter their workout because somebody stinks so bad. Sir, your mouth is offensive, Yeah, you're s Your breath smells like that train wreck in western Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Where was that? It had a funny name that was ounce straw.
Speaker 3: Something was a biblical name, right right, right, Yeah, it's like Palestine, Ohio.
Speaker 4: Palestine, that's right, East Palestine, Ohio. Right, yeah, that's it. Anyway, where were we? I was? I was going to accuse Michael of humble bragging because every to me, every complaint about the gym is really just a humble brag that you were at the gym.
Speaker 2: But but but with.
Speaker 4: Your diabetes, I can't play that card, so I will not. No, there's nothing you can say to the stinky gent You could recommend a good dentist, because I'm telling you it's a dental problem.
Speaker 3: I used to spot for a guy at the gym and and like doing the bench press, so I'd be kind of leaned over him, you know, getting ready to help the bench up, and and haiti x sale. It was just like whoa every single time I turned my head and hold my breath for his ex sales.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I had a buddy that had really really bad breath. And what I would do is I always had mins in my purse and but i'd pull him out. I'd be super blatant, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm and I'd go, anybody want one min in my life? But this is the best mint I've ever had.
Speaker 4: Tell you what, anybody who doesn't have one of these mints is really missing out.
Speaker 8: Just shake some altoids and offer him one, Michael.
Speaker 3: It's like a combination of an orgasm in the last day of school.
Speaker 2: This mint is just oh one, It's a mint gasm. So listen.
Speaker 4: I want to be delicate about this because this is not meant from in any way a bad place. But there are certain cultures that they're traditional diets render their output post meal to be somewhat pungent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean the case here. Actually, now I think.
Speaker 3: About it, Okay, so racism raises its uglyhead, just go up and.
Speaker 2: Stick a sock in his mouth. Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm telling you there is a difference. If you have a ham sami for lunch and if you have some sort of spicy curried goat or something for lunch, you can have a different breath profile.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking, I think.
Speaker 3: I always want somebody to tell me if my breath is bad. I'm trying to come up with a scenario where I would I would prefer you didn't like it would be more hurtful than helpful. But I think I'd like to always know until I will I get it under control.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's like the you know you got some I eat blueberries for a number of reasons with my yogurt, but the blueberries are one of the worst. You have something on your teeth foods known to man because the skins, so you have to rinse the look and all. But if somebody said, hey, you got a little uh, that would be Some people are so embarrassed to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you if you're if you and I are friendly and you let me walk.
Speaker 4: Away with a big blotch of deep blue crap on my teeth.
Speaker 2: You have done me no favorite like you got the dead bluetooth that.
Speaker 4: I'm stinking up the gym people try to work out or ready to puke.
Speaker 3: Guy with diabetes next to me can't work out. That's right, kill him, but he doesn't want to be rude. No, go ahead and say it.
Speaker 2: My kid, you know, because kids are what you want honesty.
Speaker 3: You ever want to know what you look or smell like, have kids because they are gonna tell you, at least up to a certain.
Speaker 2: Age, all the time.
Speaker 3: But whenever my kids would say, Dad, your bread smells bad, it's not a Fenman's good.
Speaker 2: I want to know that.
Speaker 4: So Michael curious, partly because I've recently become aware that a person I know on the autism spectrum is hyper sensitive to smells. I have a daughter who's misophonic. Definitely, there's certain sounds maker insane Jackie can relate to that. Have you ever had a history of being super sensitive to smells?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, not at all, or hasn't changed since COVID. I have the problem now I've learned to ignore it. When I get a really bad smell, I have figured out it's not as bad for anybody else since the COVID thing, same thing that caused me to not taste sweet, I guess, But like for a while, I was like to my poor son.
Speaker 2: Dude, take a shower. Good God.
Speaker 3: And I finally figured out, with some time and different situations, that my smell.
Speaker 2: Is out of whack. Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, it just smells horrible to me all the time, no matter how many times.
Speaker 2: Really gets a bath.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I consider myself so blessed that I've had Chairman she'ese bat fever the fauci flew several times, but haven't had any sensory changes as an epicurean that would be tragic for me. Now, you who have been hard of tasting since I've known you, I'm not happy it happened to you, but it would be a tragic loss if I, with my refined batot, were to suffer such a fate.
Speaker 5: So hold on, Jack, So your smells, certain things smell worse, and then things you can't smell at all.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, because it's hard not to notice not smelling something, But yeah, bad smells are a hundred times.
Speaker 2: Worse than they used to be. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember getting a number of emails from listeners during the height of the COVID thing talking about how a cup of coffee now smells just rancid to I.
Speaker 3: Haven't had that, I don't think, but just bad smells are like the sponge on the sink, which I never used to ever notice sponge on the sink if it started to get a little funky.
Speaker 2: Oh, just walking in the kitchens at all, like a ton of bricks.
Speaker 3: So maybe you have that going or maybe the guy's just disgusting Michael, Yeah, would scope fix that if your teeth a rotten out?
Speaker 2: Or would that not help that? Listine?
Speaker 4: It would be better, I think one of your antibiotic type thing.
Speaker 2: You distract him. You slip some listerine into his water bottle. Oh geez, you distract him.
Speaker 6: He's kind of a big guy.
Speaker 2: Just so you know. Okay, boy, move quickly and stealthily.
Speaker 5: Hey, one more thing for you guys to go to the gym, do you let people work in with you? They now put up a sign that said you need to share your equipment let others work in between your sets. Do you know I don't do that either, No, because you wipe down your equipment afterwards.
Speaker 8: I don't want somebody else sitting down on it and getting it all set.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't been to a gym or you had to do that in many many years. When I was younger, I did all the time you had. It is just so crowded. It was pretty much no other way to work out. But it was always just so discouraging if people were like at a much different level than you are, and they're like, you put on so much more weight than you got to take it back down to the little girl level before you do your weight, or you're just you're there to.
Speaker 4: Do A B and C, and you do A and B and then C is used up or you know it's being used, so all right, I'll go do my set of B, I guess, and then okay, now A.
Speaker 2: Now somebody's on a N C and I just my.
Speaker 3: One discouraged my one quick story on this as we do the longest podcast we've ever done. I was working out the University of Kansas at the gym there, and I was doing the squats on the squat machine, and a guy wanted to work in with me, and I was too embarrassed to say that I couldn't do the amount of weight he was doing, so I did a way above my limit as best as I could, and then when I was done, my legs were so jelly from doing way more weight than I was capable of doing. I could barely walk and I had to like really stiffen up my leg to shuffle out of there. And I got in my car, which had a manual transmission, and I couldn't push the clutch in my legs was so I had to sit there for like twenty minutes before my legs calmed down enough I could push it.
Speaker 2: They were just shaking.
Speaker 3: I thought, oh, maybe you should swallow your pride and just say that's more weight than I can do. A lesson in life is.
Speaker 2: What it was.
Speaker 6: Well, I've decided what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 6: As he does the chest press and has.
Speaker 5: Both arms occupied, I will grab a toothbrush with full tooth based and start.
Speaker 2: Brushing his tee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, while he's in mid he can't do anything about it. You got the flawstick in there.
Speaker 2: Perfect quick question for you. What if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 4: The answer is easy, friends, Just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 2: Download it now. Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 1: The arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Vegetables and Don't eat meat. Why eggs are bad for you? Eggs are the best shampoo. Do you know why this feels like cute? Because co clutes of dairy is terrible for you. Table salt is a dangerous salt. Red flag number two. There's organic, natural flavor and natural flavor.
Speaker 3: In fact, artificial flavors are derived from.
Speaker 2: Eliminate the seed oils out of your life.
Speaker 3: Drinking water won't hide drinking Stop drinking coffee, Stop drinking table The reason you can't lose wigs because you think calories are real.
Speaker 5: Mind thing your body, me andres You can get definitely sun.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of contradictory information, but you get that every single day from the internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Wow, trying to go online and get any food advice is impossible, or any.
Speaker 3: Advice about anything. I was thinking, that's exactly like the politics. I mean, it's just exactly like the world of politics. Good luck. You got to get involved in a homework assignment to figure it out. So you come across the headline drinking water is the worst way to hydrate. Well, maybe that's one percent true, one hundred percent true, not true at all, I don't know, but I guess it's one of.
Speaker 4: The most idiotic assertions I've ever heard in my life. There's probably a fancy term for this. It's like, you know how in news it's I think it's called notability of bias or something like that. If something really rare and crazy happens, it makes the news. I mean this to the old joke is man bites dog, Now that's news. But because weird stuff is on the news now constantly, you start to think that it's really common. A child abduction is the one of the most insidious examples, because it's so rare and terrible it always makes the news when it happens, So people now are afraid to let their kids run and play and become strong, resilient kids. Anyway, the Internet, it just occurred to me listening to some of that. If I had a website that claimed you should eat lean meats and vegetables and go light on the carbs, nobody's going to click on that. You got to claim something utterly, you know, new or wild or ridiculous to get clicks.
Speaker 2: Table salt is killing.
Speaker 4: You, right exactly, So people are incentized to, you know, offer up crap I need crappy advice.
Speaker 2: I found the worst of both worlds.
Speaker 8: There's this woman that popped up on Instagram yesterday where she goes shopping dressed like a whoa and then tells you all the foods you shouldn't eat and the reasons why. But she's a vegan health nut, so none of it makes any sense. When you said a woman, I thought, of course a woman. Was she hot? Of course, that's that's the whole thing. She got a hot woman in a tank top saying you've been peeling potatoes wrong your whole life. And then you are supposed to click. Yeah, well give it a click. Maybe your shirt slips or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's got some buy she's kind of a butterface.
Speaker 4: So oh my god, oh hey, come on, now, you don't need from unkindness.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's a description. I know it is, I'm familiar with it. Butter butter is Butter is bad for you.
Speaker 4: By the way, according to the one person right before the guy who insisted we cooked with butter.
Speaker 3: All artificial. What are artificial flavors made out of patrol alium. Oh my god, time to unplug the internet. It was a brave experiment, really interesting there for a while, but it's clearly a bad thing.
Speaker 8: The only one I agreed with was the guy that said don't drink tap water.
Speaker 3: That I can get you're an anti tapwater.
Speaker 2: I'm a pro right princess. Whatever.
Speaker 4: There's a a really well funded startup that is building much less expensive, super efficient, smaller nuclear power plants, and they're getting I think their first one going in Montana or Idaho or or one of your one of your.
Speaker 2: States with more elk than people.
Speaker 4: But it looks to be really promising technology, and even some of the green numb skulls are having to admit. You know, the greenest power out there is nuclear power. As has been said and written, it's the only power source that contains its waste. It packages up and then you put it deep in a mountain somewhere or something.
Speaker 2: It'll be fine. But I think we're about to see a resurgence in nuclear power. WHI should be good, really good.
Speaker 3: You mentioned that phenomenon this headline and I didn't read the story, But Montana has more cows than people, which doesn't surprise me. I know the county I lived in, Kansas, we definitely had more cowsan people. I mean, it wasn't even close. But I also saw the headline the other day that Montana has the highest suicide rate in the country.
Speaker 2: Why would that be? I didn't look into it any guesses. I don't know.
Speaker 4: A lot of rural areas have really struggled with the opioids and drugs of various sorts.
Speaker 2: Just a guess. Long Bleak Winter Kevin Costner's show ended. Long Bleak winters have been around for a long time a lot of places. Yeah, I'm spitballing here.
Speaker 4: He asked me these giant sociological question and then you mock me when you don't look my answers.
Speaker 3: No, I'm the opposite when it comes to brainstorming. I stand up and say, everybody throw out an idea that I tell them they're all stupid.
Speaker 8: I went to the Googs and it says that altitude has something to do. Yeah, because metabol extress can disrupt your mental health.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I'm buying that. It's always been the same height. He didn't get higher recently.
Speaker 2: It's growing.
Speaker 4: Are they saying suicides are up or just that it's the highest rate.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's always been the highest rate. That's a good question, there, you bully stupid idea.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joey the arm Strong and Getty Show, Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: The world's oldest living person died over the weekend. What's interesting about Maria Morera is she is the eighth oldest person who's ever lived, at least that can be verified.
Speaker 2: Maybe Moses did live to be six hundred. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We don't have a Bert's certificate or a variety of people throughout history. But she lived to be one hundred and seventeen, dang near one hundred and eighteen and died over the weekend one seventeen. So I was just so I was going to put this out as a thought experiment for everyone listening. Do the quick bath in your head from your age from current age, how many more years that would be if you died at one seventeen. You get a form right now, You get to sign up, yes or no? Do you want to because like for me, it'd be basically doubling my lifespan or doubling my current life I'd have to live my entire life, which I've found very tiring, over again, and I'm not sure I would sign up for that. I would have to think about it all day long. Do I want when I want that or not?
Speaker 4: Well of the inevitable comment slash question is well, am I healthy and in good shape?
Speaker 2: Does my brain work or not? But that's that's part of the bargain. You don't write right.
Speaker 3: Well, even if oh, okay, let's this makes it even more interesting. You're going to be an extraordinarily mentally fit at least and pretty physically fit oldster. You're gonna be really good up until the very very end. So take that off the table. Even then, do you want to live your entire life over again? I don't know that I could do it. I don't know if I even if I could take it. Wow, well, you're looking at it wrong.
Speaker 4: You know, you're familiar with the whole concept one day at a time, right, sure, but you can't look at the entire span.
Speaker 2: What's the point of it?
Speaker 3: But you know how as you get older, the world just too much change. Kids today, I can't handle the in the modern attitudes or whatever. It just Oh no, I'd be. I can't go right there in the Come on, could I go through my one hundredth presidential election of this is the most important election of our lifetime.
Speaker 2: I could I do that? I don't think I could.
Speaker 4: I'd be there in the rec room saying, I tell you what, anybody born after the year twenty sixty, they're full of crap.
Speaker 2: They got the wrong attitude.
Speaker 3: Never trust anyone under one hundred and five exactly. Any would you sign up for that?
Speaker 2: No? No, absolutely, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Plus, financially, you gotta think about so I've got to be able to support myself somehow for.
Speaker 2: Another sixty years. What it's a long time. And then how many of your friends are gonna live that long? No? No, none of them, You'll be Yeah, But so you gotta work.
Speaker 3: Is if you're gonna live to one hundred and seventeen, you probably gotta work to you one hundred and five A money?
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow, that's unpalatable.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would guess at the you get me all day long to sign the forums. At the end of the day, I'd say, Okay, I'm gonna roll the dice. See what happens. But I it seems like a long time. Well, see, you're lacking foresight. This is a static analysis.
Speaker 4: I'm picturing the world as it will be when draining the blood of the ns rush the old is much more common.
Speaker 2: You're unburdened by what has been I'd forgotten.
Speaker 4: Exactly therapies and development science jack science will have advanced.
Speaker 3: I'm not thinking about that at all, diseases or anything like that. I'm thinking about just the world, the crap of the world. I can't I couldn't do it all for another sixty years. Again, kids today, they just changing cultures and annoyances.
Speaker 2: No freaking way would get to drugs, get drunk or something, ignore the crap.
Speaker 4: There are lots of people right now who are ignoring all of that, get drunk or something.
Speaker 2: It jells down. If he could just be hammer the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, So yesterday, I'm trying to get my WiFi set up at the new place with a with a country. I won't mention the company to Expinity and beyond. Oh boy, who in the customer service was absolutely fabulous. Once I got to someone, But like I started talking to my kid while I was waiting on hold, I said you know, when I was young, you'd call a human being who spoke English from America would answer the phone. And now it's a foreign land. Blah blah blah. See the more changes like that, I can't do that for sixty years. As things get crappier, I assume things are going to get crappier, at least that's been my recent experience.
Speaker 4: Now I'm going to have Lackey's to deal with that sort of stuff for me. Okay, I'm busy draining the blood of the young. My assistance assistant is dealing with you know, get drunk or something.
Speaker 2: Is your answer to the whole problem? Right right? Creative? Okay?
Speaker 3: So R FK Junior, Robert F. Kennedy Junior, his dad was part of the whole Camelot thing. Do that was the attorney general under his brother was i'd brothers hear.
Speaker 4: The other s word on the ear than camelot, and that's that's inappropriate.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding. And so he you know who he is? There? You don't what am I trying to do here? Set this up? And uh and uh So he was running.
Speaker 3: For president but couldn't get any even though he was pulling very very well, at one point he was pulling like eighteen percent in national polls. He couldn't get any traction with any media. Then, I think part of it is people learn more about him and he's quite the whack job. It's all over the place on a lot of different things. But Democrats spent tons of money and lots of lawsuits to make sure he couldn't get on the ballot anywhere because they were afraid that he would damage Joe Biden at the time, Now, Kamala.
Speaker 2: Harris, I thought they were in favor of democracy and people voting for who they wanted.
Speaker 3: Exactly the money. Democracy dies in darkness, but God help us up. There could be a third party that could ever get a sniff of anything. He stops his campaign and has endorsed Donald Trump and with Donald Trump on the stump over the weekend and is going to campaign with him in a variety of battleground states where he pulls well and all that sort of stuff. He did a couple of interviews over the weekend. Here's him talking a little bit about how he was denied any media coverage.
Speaker 9: It became clear to me that I did not have a path to victory sixteen months of censorship, of not being able to get on any network really except for Fox, and I had in fact, when when Rosbero ran, in the ten months that he ran, he had thirty four appearances on the networks. I had two appearances in sixteen months. I was blocked up networks. I was blocked up from the bay. I had no phath to victory.
Speaker 3: I think that's damned interesting that he was as polling as high as he was and he couldn't get a sniff on any of the big time Sunday talk shows or anything like that, where if he was a Republican talking about how bad Trump was, he would have been on every single talk show first day he announced and regularly from there forward.
Speaker 2: Absolutely true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is a you know, to site the obvious that we've cited more than once. It is clearly a different era for the media when Rosbero was running. Should we cover this guy? Of course, we should cover the guy. Guys getting five percent, now ten percent, Now he's getting fifteen percent. What do you mean should we cover him? What a stupid question. Now it's like, oh, you might help Trump, so just to preticce not there right, so weak, But.
Speaker 2: We're in favor of democracy.
Speaker 3: More on that angle in just a second, but just for the whole stupidest thing. I've hated the whole Kennedy thing, that's the camelot thing, that's the lionizing, the revering them acting like they're are royal family thing for a very very long time. But here is RFK junior sister talking about how disgusted she is that her brother is backing Trump.
Speaker 7: I'm outraged and disgusted by my brother's guardian of scene embrace of Donald Trump. I completely have and separate and dissociate myself from from Robert Kennedy Junior and his flagorant and inexpectable effort to death creating tramp said fire to.
Speaker 3: My father's now setting father setting fire to their father's memory.
Speaker 4: Whatever I want, George Washington, arise from the grave and give you the broadside of his sword.
Speaker 2: But we're gonnave you a good slapping.
Speaker 3: But on the subject of who you vote for or who endorses who were that sort of thing, and we're gonna play a little JD vance later in the show. He was on Meet the Press yesterday and quitted himself quite well. He was asked a lot about RFK Junior endorsing the party, and then he was asked to answer for a variety of RFK Junior's positions, and he answered, what I think should be in the way everybody answers for this stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't agree with.
Speaker 3: Everything, and I somehow in the last several cycles we've gotten into this weird thing. I feel like, where you can't support somebody because of X. What about the fact that they did this or they did that. Well, I don't agree with that part, but I like the other part. There are only two choices to one of two people are going to be president of the United States. That is just a fact. One of two people. And would you rather have Harris me president or Trump? It's that simple to me. And so the idea you voted for Trump's, You're okay with January sixth of the year.
Speaker 2: Okay with his his you know, his crazy tweets or things he says about don't know what, don't know, But there are only two choices. I'm choosing this one over that one.
Speaker 4: For all of his sins, Barack Obama was remarkably uncalculated and much more natural.
Speaker 2: Because your political insiders, they think way too much about oh, that's how said the orthodoxy. I'm nasure I can say that.
Speaker 4: Maybe I could say that I remember now because Obama said, you know, you said you weren't going to run for blah blah blah, and he said, yeah, I changed my mind.
Speaker 2: And that ends the conversation.
Speaker 4: Do you agree with JFK that, Oh, no, no, we overlap by I don't know, like seventy five percent, and that's the other twenty five percent.
Speaker 2: But you know, we agree more than we disagree.
Speaker 3: And RFK Junior said the same thing over the weekend, and when he's asked about Trump's this or that, because he had criticized a lot of the things that Trump did very harshly over the years and.
Speaker 2: Still does, he said, no, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 3: But of the two choices, the Democrats are doing this and this, and I don't like that. I'd prefer Trump. I wish everybody would get to that position. I think we'd be better off. I think we would be less dug in and less apocalyptic about the elections if we looked at it more as a of the two choices, I'm going this way as opposed to I'm in bed with all of the decisions that this side made, and I suppose I should be gentle because a lot of you are people I know go with the I can't vote for. I can't cast a vote for somebody who did X. Okay, I guess I don't quite get that. Again, there are two choices, which would you rather have lead the country for the next four years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, voting for the lesser of two evils is not very inspiring, but get used to it.
Speaker 2: It happens a lot.
Speaker 4: I'd also like to point out that folks on the left are never ever asked the sei you and this other you know. You could name a number of unions they are regularly playing footsee with communist organizations, hardcore socialist slash communist organizations. Do you agree that the government should run all private business and industry?
Speaker 2: You never even asked that question.
Speaker 4: So, you know, save your raised eyebrow and your feigned outrage, you DC Beltway hypocrites.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess in general, I personally think we'd be better off if you didn't cherish your vote so much that you feel like if I voted for this person, I've done something evil or wrong. No, again, there's two choices. You can go this way, or you can go It's there a fork in the road, you go and left or right. You gotta choose one of them, or you've decided to let other people choose for you.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah or Jack or show podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 2: Thee Armstrong.
Speaker 4: I'm just listening to the drive by Trucker's tune that I enjoy so much in Patterson Hoods singing in his unique whiskey soaked cigarette Wu's voice, and how inimitable it is. But it is imitable with AI or will be soon artificial intelligence. Yes, that's what I meant by AI.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: More than two hundred musical artists, including such heavy hitters as Billie Eilish, Katie Perry, Smokey Robinson, Elvis Costello, and many more, The Family sign Frank Sinatra, have signed this open letter to AI developers, tech firms, and digital platforms to quote cease the use of artificial intelligence to infringe upon and devalue the rights of human artists.
Speaker 2: Good luck. Well, yeah, they're specifically.
Speaker 4: Talking about you can't have an AI that sounds exactly like whatever Nora Jones producing a new song. I get that, But they and Tennessee passed the law recently. I didn't actually read the wording of the law, but having to do with protecting the rights of musicians and their jobs not to be taken away by AI, I'm putting you all in the same category. And this is with all due love and respect for musicians being one, I put you in the same category as somebody standing on the beach ordering the tide not to come in.
Speaker 2: It's not going to work. You are doomed, doomed, doomed in a.
Speaker 3: Go ahead or more maybe more accurately. You know you're a blacksmith in nineteen hundred and you're just going to fight the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well, said in a funny quin incidence, John with No Age, beloved listener the Armstrong and Getty Show said essentially, dude, you got to check this out. This website and it is well, we'll have a link at Armstrong and Getty dot com if you want to check it out. But it's a website that allows you to access AI and you feed it a prompt that's like an uplifting pop song about how you're always there for me, and AI will write it for you lyrics and music, and.
Speaker 2: You're always yourmentation, You're always there for me. Well, i'd like that song.
Speaker 4: A dreamy rap song about being trapped in an AI song factory, A bouncy Cumbia song I don't know what that is about how you're always there for me, A bouncy electronic pop song about a faded photo on the mantle.
Speaker 2: You just those are the sort of prompts you do.
Speaker 4: And here's one that was described as what was it called punk rock scot punk rock rap about being tired of the nine to five workday.
Speaker 2: And this is what it turned out, seventy three. Please Michael, I'm.
Speaker 10: Saying here at my desk, staring at the clock, wondering when the day will finally stop. Gussie my escape.
Speaker 3: It's not great that AI has listened to Weezer and Fountains of Lane over and over and a little.
Speaker 2: Green Day in there as well, if you like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And this is a website that's for free to amuse yourself.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 4: Picture you've got the tools of Google or what have you, professional recording mastering equipment, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Well, they're almost two different categories.
Speaker 3: The NBC News did this story last night, and it's almost two different things. There's the creating music sounds just like someone else thing, and that's going to end up in court over and over again. I mean, because like I listen to country radio, if I listen to music radio at all, and there's like five dudes and five women, or fifty dudes and fifty women that sound exactly the same, and those are real human beings. So how are you ever going to nail down No AI ripped off this guy.
Speaker 2: Well, there's twenty other guys in the radio sound just like that guy, So how do you claim what?
Speaker 3: But then they were getting the argument of we need to discourage AI from just doing music because it takes away the blah blah blah of humankind and.
Speaker 2: Never gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I mean, you talk about screaming at the ocean trying to stop the waves.
Speaker 2: That's just sorry. That ain't gonna up.
Speaker 4: Michael hit us with number seventy. Here's another example. Latin flow, slow smooth about to beautiful woman or something. You want to know the name of this guitar player. There wasn't one.
Speaker 2: You beauty suntan, the bustle lap. The fact that there's no human being that did this is amazing.
Speaker 3: What at any point, not the music, not the singing, not the writing, the producing.
Speaker 2: Sun I know it's.
Speaker 3: Surreal, it's disturbing, and like you said, this is the free amateur version, not the professional I've.
Speaker 2: Got some talent version, and I tweak it as I go along. Oh my god, who knows where this is going?
Speaker 3: Movies, music, books, it's depressing.
Speaker 4: Actually, the lyrics are pretty stupid, so I don't think really good books will be anytime soon.
Speaker 2: So are all the lyrics on on pop radio? Touche? Why would I bother.
Speaker 4: Assembling studio musicians performers, right, I mean, granted, pops formulaic anyway, But I find it I can just type into a computer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I find it discouraging from wanting to do that, which is weird. But and it's only going to get better.
Speaker 4: Things are getting weird, and they're getting weird fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Billie Eilish in the family of Frank Samantra and whoever else signed this letter.
Speaker 2: I think you're up against it, Armstrong and they're gonna work fast. Don't you think that's a little odd? Absolutely, there's no doubt.
Speaker 10: In my mind.
Speaker 2: This is the Armstrong and Getty Show.