Speaker 1: Cheers, cheers, thank you for making this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't have to like it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't like it. Cosh. Hello, welcome to Toss Show. Eddie Daniel, Oh, thank goodness you're here.
Speaker 3: I'm here. Never leaving your side, buddy.
Speaker 1: Never to the grave. Hey, speaking of of death, my niece and nephew they're they're past this now. But there was a time where the twins were I'm going to say, five years old, and they had just learned about death. Somehow, my brother and his wife they talk more openly than I do with my kids. But anyway, they had learned about death, and they thought it was the funniest thing in the world, the funniest thing. They would just come up to my brother and I. They'd come up to Andrewine and they just go, haha, your grandparents are dead. And it was I'm telling you, it was so first of all, twins in general, terrify you. They thought it was the funniest thing in the world to come up to us, make your grandparents they're dead.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so crazy. But man, did it make us laugh. Oh yeah, we laughed hysterically at it. I don't know, I don't mean. I'm sure he's like, Oh, it's just a phase. They don't really know what they're saying. I'm like, or they do, and you've got a bunch of sociopaths living under your roof.
Speaker 3: My kids never said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know anybody that's ever said it like that.
Speaker 3: Ever heard this story before.
Speaker 1: It's so good, it's different. And then we kind of like started feeling bad because they're like aha, and we're like, oh, I wish why did they have to die? They're old? Our grandparents shouldn't be all. Nobody has a grandparent alive here?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I do you do?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: John's gotten a live grandparent? Yes?
Speaker 4: Which one my grandma my dad's side ninety four?
Speaker 1: Last one your dad's side, mom ninety four. I mean, it's not that old.
Speaker 4: I saw her last year.
Speaker 5: She said her goodbyes, and I was like, I think you're gonna live for like another nine years.
Speaker 1: She said her goodbyes a year ago to you, and she's still going. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now she's in a nursing home. She just went to a prom and they had a play and she was the lead.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, all right, Well, here's my question to you, Eddie yeah, I got distracted by my crazy niece and nephew. Would you rather have your children or guacamole? Now, So what I'm saying is if you have your kids, then you can never have guacamole your entire life.
Speaker 3: And I've had it, so I know how good it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 3: Guacamole is good. I'm gonna have my kids.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna have your kids.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hold it over them that I can't have guacamole.
Speaker 1: Now you would you would have never had your kids, so you wouldn't have this attachment to them. You gotta separate yourself from who they are. Now. You gotta think pre children. I'm never gonna have guacamole again.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm thinking I don't know. You could. It depends on.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. I bring this up to my wife, and I swear to you, she picks guacamole. What you have or if you did, she would rather have guacamole than her children. She won't say it out loud, but I can tell in the eye, in her eyes, she just loves guacamole. You know who doesn't like guacamole? My mother. She doesn't like guacamole. She gets mad at me about avocados. Yeah, I don't know why people even like avocados. There's no taste.
Speaker 4: That's the sane.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'll say. Here's what I'll say in defense of my my wonderful mother. Florida avocados are are not as good. They're four times the size, but they don't have the taste.
Speaker 4: They're not indigenous to Florida.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know where they're getting them from. I just think I just always remember seeing like really large avocados there, but they they didn't have any taste. Maybe I don't know. Maybe she's just wrong. Would you rather have Margarita's or guacamole one or the other. You can't have both for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: Walk em o, fuck them margharite?
Speaker 1: All right? What about guacamole or two hundred million dollars cash wuacamole?
Speaker 3: I'm going cash.
Speaker 1: You want the cash. It's a real question. Makes guacam because if you have two hundred million dollars cash, you can buy guacamole guacamole factory. No, I didn't say that. No one said you couldn't buy guacamole.
Speaker 4: John, here's what he wants to I heard that.
Speaker 1: You know, this is turning into guys, this is now turning into a podcast where we are talking about absolute, meaningless shit that only we find remotely entertaining and no one else does. We don't. I don't drink, but today's guest she's gonna make me try enjoy Casha. Today's guest is someone I would never meet out bar hopping, simply because I don't go to bars. But if you have random bottles of liquor lying around your house collecting to us like a fifth of Fireball that Dylan brought over during the pandemic, that you have absolutely no idea what to do with, She's here to help. Please Welcome home bartender, mixologist author Hannah.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Let's get hammered.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Hannah. Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 2: I do not. Do you believe in ghosts? No?
Speaker 1: What about distilled spirits? Boom?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'm a big believer in that kind of spirit.
Speaker 1: The whole We've been setting up this ghost question for a year and a half to finally get Hannah in the seat so I could do the distilled spirits joke. Man, that was a good payoff. All right. I'm not a drinker, but I'd love to know what all the fuss is about. Sell me on alcohol.
Speaker 2: Hm. Wow, I don't think I've ever had to do this before. Well, for making cocktails, it makes you you probably don't need this, but it makes you very popular. So learning to make cocktails. Everyone's always thrilled to have you come to their house, come to their party. It's like you light up a room the minute you arrived with the drinks and the skills.
Speaker 1: I don't want to show up to anyone's house so that I got it different.
Speaker 2: So that was an original interest for me once I realized that I could make something that actually tasted decent. The other thing that I really love, and I don't know if you're a history person, but it really can connect to you in a very visceral way to how people have experienced things in the past, which I love. I think that's really cool, especially things like Cognac. For instance, do you.
Speaker 1: Say Cognac did different than I say it?
Speaker 2: How do you say it?
Speaker 1: I just said Kognac Cognac. Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: People make fun of my voice always.
Speaker 1: I'm not making fun of it.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: But I know that I grew up in Florida public education. I know that I enunciate things poorly, so sometimes when I hear things, I'm like, oh, I've been saying that wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm from Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, which probably explains my interest in booze, and I had a Wisconsin accent, so I've spent years trying to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: If you were to say Wisconsin, I would have a certain preconceived notion of who you are. But when you say Madison, it completely erases it.
Speaker 2: So you know Wisconsin, of course, because that is so true, Madison is very different from the rest of the state.
Speaker 1: Why were you there?
Speaker 2: My father was a professor at the university, so that makes sense. Yeah. He's a psychopharmacologist and an addiction researcher, so he researches how to stop people from being addicted. And I do booze for a living.
Speaker 1: You're his experiment. Were you created?
Speaker 2: I don't know how. I guess this is all very advanced rebellion.
Speaker 1: Do you ever do a bar crawling lacrosse? No?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 1: I think famously they have the most bars per square foot.
Speaker 2: That sounds that sounds like Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Look that up. I think that's a la crosse fact that I just pulled from my younger years of touring. When someone asked what you do for a living? How do you answer?
Speaker 2: Probably how I'm going to now, which is awkwardly slowly with stutters. You know, I'm a booze content creator booze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that kind of makes it seem cooler. When you throw boo You're like, look, I don't take it too seriously. How is your liver?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. So far, so good, So far.
Speaker 1: So good. You ever worry that, Oh no, I might be going too far with alcohol? You just have no issues.
Speaker 2: I think it's so important to keep asking yourself those questions, right, I mean, it's an addictive substance. So if you're not kind of thinking about that and looking into it, I mean, there are health consequences, behavioral consequences. So yeah, I'm constant thinking about it, and you know, making sure I'm not overdoing it.
Speaker 1: Do you drink every day?
Speaker 2: No, not every day, that would be a lot. Probably.
Speaker 1: I drink only to reassure the people that I'm with that I'm not an alcoholic because I just always feel like if I say I'm not going to drink, then that then I have to have more conversation.
Speaker 2: We have to be very very careful. Yeah, no, I get that. I'm curious. Were you ever interested in drinking? Not even in college or nothing.
Speaker 1: No, less in college than now.
Speaker 2: So when you went to parties, you were just like, I'm cool.
Speaker 1: Here's I'm not. I certainly I wasn't cool, but I was on the prowl. I was always like I was chasing skirt as they say that was I mean, I guess I was, but not successfully. It was just bad. And I also didn't go to a lot of parties. My roommates drank a lot.
Speaker 2: And that probably was like you know, maybe you saw that new We're like, I don't know if that's for me.
Speaker 1: I think I wasn't into the taste. I never to the point of like getting trashed, and you know, nobody was fixing me fun cocktails. They were all just drinking beer, and I'm like, this is gross.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I feel like growing up, maybe watching movies or reading about history, I romanticized it so much that I was like, you're going to learn to like Martiniz I don't care if you don't like the taste of it. And it did take me about a year, but then I fell in love with them a year.
Speaker 1: I see, I've never committed anything for a year to like it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wanted to be cool really badly.
Speaker 1: Uh, mission accomplished. You started your studies in Center College in Danville, Kentucky. Now is that a real place? Is my first question.
Speaker 2: It is a real place. I wanted to go someplace that was completely different from Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Is it is it that?
Speaker 2: My gosh, it's so different because Madison's like a huge hippie town.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: And I'd never lived in the South or experience the South in any way, and it really was a very different experience.
Speaker 1: Do you hate the South?
Speaker 2: No, I don't hate the South. I thought it was beautiful there and insight, Oh my history some.
Speaker 1: Going on down there too. Did you study revisionist history?
Speaker 2: I did not do much studying when I was at Center. I was not a good student there.
Speaker 1: Then you went to law school for a minute or No.
Speaker 2: I went to law school for one semester at UCLA, and it was not for me. Have you ever dabbled in law school?
Speaker 1: Yes? Did you I'm an idiot. Okay, No, I have never dabbled in law school. I didn't. I bare I got through college fine, but like that was it.
Speaker 2: I told my parents, well, you know, going to Center college. I actually dropped out and I was telling my parents, I don't need a degree. College is stupid. I don't want to do this. You're right, Finnally. When I got to LA, I fell in love with college and I wanted to become a professor, actually after the whole thing.
Speaker 1: But you'd be a cool professor.
Speaker 2: I really wanted to do it. But going into academ is not a clever idea in this day and age. It's very limited jobs, no money, just kind of a meager, miserable existence.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're not doing a good job selling at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't recommend.
Speaker 1: I mean, well about now. If it was more like a part time hustle where you like just like taught one or two classes, cool college.
Speaker 2: That would be so fun. I would love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you majored in history. First, is that knowledge something that you use regularly? And second, do you consider the Marshall Plan to have been a major catalyst for the Cold War?
Speaker 2: I don't have a lot of feelings about the Marshall Plan. I did more of the Cold War Eastern European dissident intellectual history. It was more my focus. History is a huge part of what I do with Booze, which is something I never thought would be the case. I thought, if I didn't go into academ history is pretty meaningless for your life. But luckily, when you're writing about Booze and learning about Booze that it's an important skill set.
Speaker 1: When did cocktail culture first emerge?
Speaker 2: Hunch was a huge thing for a long time, and it wasn't until the nineteenth century where people started making it really individually as the go to and bars obviously took a bit of a hit during Prohibition, and then we have something called the cocktail dark ages from like the sixties, well, seventies, eighties, nineties, Like I think you know Tom Cruise the movie Cocktail Tgi Friday's Cocktail.
Speaker 1: Do you like the movie Cocktail?
Speaker 2: It's a fun movie. I'm not sure i'd consider him an aspirational bartender, I mean, good flare bartending.
Speaker 1: Do you know how to throw a bottle around and stuff?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, have you ever?
Speaker 2: Chris? Yes? But not successfully? I mean I'm I'm yeah, not my skill. Very cool to watch, but yeah. But so the cocktail Dark Ages, it's when people started using fake sweeteners and fake citrus and all these wacky mixers that you know, weren't very good, and the bad peach snops, the anatomically named shots became popular, all that sort of thing, and it wasn't done. Around the year two thousand we started coming out of the Dark Ages.
Speaker 1: Did you ever enjoy a jello shot?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah, there's some good jello shots.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't.
Speaker 2: There's a place in Portland, Oregon. This is someone who doesn't drink. This is gonna since twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Oh did you move there before or after the pandemic?
Speaker 2: I moved there. Do you remember how the Princess Cruise line was docking in San Francisco and that's where everyone was like, the plague is coming to America.
Speaker 1: I don't really.
Speaker 2: I was driving out of San Francisco to Portland as it was docking, so we were right, we just fled this citay.
Speaker 1: Was it because of the pandemic that you moved partly?
Speaker 2: But also San Francisco wasn't my favorite place to live.
Speaker 1: Do you love Portland?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 2: We have a really good grocery store that I'm obsessed with. I go there every day. I feel like Bell from Beauty and the Beast, and I look at the beautiful produce and I get very every day. Pretty much.
Speaker 1: I respect it.
Speaker 2: I love grocery stores.
Speaker 1: I wish I loved it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's I love.
Speaker 1: I love getting fresh food every day, but just going there.
Speaker 2: Having one that's like that special one that you just know that you love and you can rely on, I don't know, and that they'll always be something fresh and different.
Speaker 1: My problem is I have two children that I have to love, and then they both are like making me get the stupid cart that's like shaped like a police car, and then they're like climbing in and out of it. Now I've got to do physical restraint up against the car. It's just awful, the whole thing. Can you hold your.
Speaker 2: Liquor pretty well? Pretty well? I'm sometimes surprised. I'll be out with friends and I'm like, why are they acting so funny?
Speaker 1: And then I go, oh, you're not a lightweight.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not not no expensive.
Speaker 1: Can you just go to a party and be like a guest or? Is there pressure for you to grab a shaker every time.
Speaker 2: I love making cocktails at parties. I mean, I'm a bit of an introvert, so having like an activity to do a little way to escape into the kitchen for a while is great for me. But yeah, I also just love making drinks. I enjoy the process, So I hope I'm supposed to make drinks when I go someplace.
Speaker 1: Have you ever worked as a bartender?
Speaker 2: No? No, I haven't. The closest I got was I was a barista at Starbucks for about three weeks, which was awful. I mean not because of the job, because of me. I was terrible at it. I'm not a morning person, having to wake up at three am when I've just gone to bed at two am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an hour is not enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: All the experts will say that do you drink coffee? Are you a big coffee person?
Speaker 2: Are you a bad coffee person? I'm not a snob. I'm like a an espresso next to my bed and just put in the pot, and you know, I do it medicinally. How about you.
Speaker 1: I don't drink any caffeine. I'm like a Mormon. Oh you got to meet my wives, beautiful, all of them. How do you come up with your recipes.
Speaker 2: I often go from a historic recipe where I'll look at that and I'll kind of make some adjustments.
Speaker 1: By the way, here's what I do appreciate the most. I will say about because I don't drink them, but they're so visually beautiful. Yeah, I mean that I can appreciate my favorite drink.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I don't drink ever. Okay, you have to understand that I love this is this is going to reflect I mean, you're gonna judge me. So there's a passion fruit margarita at Nobu. Okay that I love.
Speaker 2: That sounds nice, that sounds lovely. Fashion fruit is great.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it. That's my one. I'm always get excited when I have it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried a porn star martini fashion fruit based cocktail and there's a little sidecar of champagne with it?
Speaker 1: Whoa you hear that side car? I love getting a side car of anything that sounds fancy. Do they all taste like? Are you happy with the way they taste? Or they are some of them bad?
Speaker 2: Oh? Some of them are awful. One of our favorite series is Weirdly Dirty Martinis, and this is something where we don't taste it before we should make the video. I just make this thing and then my husband and I will give our review after we make it. And sometimes it's pretty bad. I did a melon pergudo one vile, absolutely awful I tried to do. And you know, the tinned fish craze is really big. I tried to fat wash a gin with the tinned fish oil. And I don't have you ever buy any chance had fermented shark in like Iceland.
Speaker 1: I've had some bad stuff.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things where your body is like, this shouldn't be it, it doesn't go down.
Speaker 1: I just what was that thing? That can of what that I opened? What was it? Sir? Strawman, get a can of s to Stramen.
Speaker 2: Okay, try that one.
Speaker 1: And just open it up and see what you can do with it. Oh man, so Straman. If you can get a can of that, open it and turn it into a drink of some kind. Are there any drinks that you can't stand? And what's your beef with a vodka Martini's?
Speaker 2: Okay? I mean I think so a lot of people who did drink potentially in college and high school, they have that one spirit that maybe they over consumed a bit. So the taste of it, the smell of it is triggering, Yeah, triggering. It also doesn't have much flavor, like a good vodka is supposed to taste like nothing, which me is not really what I go for. I want something with some good flavor.
Speaker 1: So to quote my good friend deceased as Sean Rouse, He's like vodka, it's just a nice kiss to the liver. What about eggnog? Is there a way to not make it gross?
Speaker 2: I think egg drinks in general disgusting. I'm not an egg person. I find it smells like a wet dog to me. It's the idea of it is very gloopy and unappealing.
Speaker 1: I always eggnog. I always think a David tel a comedian, he refers to it as elf come. He says, you might as well throw it on your back.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah. One of my earliest successful, uh, one of my earliest successful tiktoks was how to make eggnog, And it was put it in the thing, put some whipped cream on top, and put it in. Then throw it down the sink because agnog is fucking disgusting. Sorry, I don't know if I can swear.
Speaker 1: You can swear. I just said, elf, come for sure, you can swear. Uh you ever made a pruno? What is that toilet wine? Ah?
Speaker 2: Well, at the beginning of the pandemic, I did experiment with uh huh, and the process. I never brought it to completion. I'm too afraid of batchelism and I don't know what else so I but I did put the bread in the sugar and every the ketchup I think, yeah, And then he rushed this plastic bag and you put it in the back of the toilet.
Speaker 1: Well, sure you don't have the guards to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, But I mean we just didn't know at the beginning of the pandemic how dire things would get.
Speaker 1: Your videos have so many props, backgrounds and color schemes. Was that always the plan?
Speaker 2: No, No, not at all. I don't know why we started doing it, but once we did, we had so much fun with it that we kept going. I think we had been in apartments forever, and then when we finally had a house, we were like, look at all this space that we can just abuse.
Speaker 1: It's destroyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, We're far too immature for that much house.
Speaker 1: You guys will like change your setup completely. You'll paint walls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a fun house in there. It's awful. Every wall is a different color and we're always just kind of doing stuff to it. It's been fun.
Speaker 1: And what about clothes shopping? Do you like like go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love clothes shopping. I do estate sales, vintage places.
Speaker 1: You'll buy dead people's stuff, Oh yeah, you do.
Speaker 2: It has a story, it's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, usually it's it's it's baked in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I still don't believe in ghosts. So so far, How.
Speaker 1: Did you meet your husband?
Speaker 2: We met years ago in two thousand and six, and we met on the set of a commercial, which was very random, and it was love at first sight. He was he had just come from New York. He was suffering from amnesia. What and I had called it's pretty wild and I had moved.
Speaker 1: To lafore Track railroad track an Yeah, he was. I believe in amnesia.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's it was so unbelievable to me. I was convinced it was a pickup line.
Speaker 1: Because this guy's you know, you married, you got catfished by someone that's still with you.
Speaker 2: Well, funnily, my mother also didn't believe this, and she got a PI to check out his story. Just what you didn't tell me till like two years ago, and I was shocked. But yeah, yeah, it's a it's quite a quite a story.
Speaker 1: I mean, what if he already had a family?
Speaker 2: Did he just about that? I worried about that. I was like, man, I really hope he doesn't eventually remember something pretty bad. I don't know, but so far it's been almost twenty years and no massive surprises. How about you, how did you meet your wife?
Speaker 1: I don't remember. Your husband now works for you.
Speaker 2: He's so good at what he does that sometimes I'll be like, please stop presenting me with all of these things that I'm supposed to be doing. Because he's the business side, and he's an incredible hustler, and he's loved reading contracts, loves doing all the communications. He's got spreadsheets and just he's so on top of it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes something that he learned after the amnesia war off or like, because sometimes you can have amnesi and then you also you can play the piano right like it. Maybe his brain was opened up in a different way.
Speaker 2: I think part of it was that he did have to stop relying on his memory so much. So he's a big writer downer. He writes everything down.
Speaker 1: You're married to Mermento, I got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's very much that way.
Speaker 1: So our fifty first dates. Do you have a little VHS tape that you put in every morning to let him know that who you are? Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a different one every day.
Speaker 1: More susceptible to another.
Speaker 2: I think he is. And he's had a lot of concussions, So.
Speaker 1: What does he why would he have a lot of Is he clumsy or does he.
Speaker 2: You know, he's not a good looker where he's going sometimes. He's one of these people who I think is so goal oriented that if he wants the thing over there, you will go there.
Speaker 1: And all obstacles, well, he doesn't know that he can't go through objects.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly, So I think he has to keep me around to make sure you know, someone can call nine one one right here.
Speaker 1: If you have friends over to your house on a random Tuesday, are they getting served the wackiest martini ever?
Speaker 2: You know? Not always, but often I feel like it's really fun to do a crazy martini. There's one in particular that I like that I did bring today. It's a junk food martini, and it's in my book. I don't know if you like sea salt and vinegar potato chips, but you hate it.
Speaker 1: I hate vinegar. I hate the smell of vinegar.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna hate that.
Speaker 1: I Oh, I just spise it. I despised it. Let me tell you. As a child, when my parents would force us to die Easter eggs and the whole house would reach and I would just I would literally I wanted to be a part of dyeing the eggs, but I would be dry heaving because I can't stand the smell. Then there was a kick where they told us to start every day drinking white vinegar to start you. I don't know what they were telling us to drink. What was it? Vinegar? Sorry, apple cider and that.
Speaker 2: I I've always loved vinegar as a child, I understand. I know as a child.
Speaker 1: No, no, I had too many there's too many siblings.
Speaker 2: And we're poor, So you weren't just the chicken McNuggets.
Speaker 1: And no we didn't. I didn't get McNuggets.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm like, we're poor, poor, I think so, I think we're poor. I don't remember favorite city to drink in.
Speaker 2: I think the one that surprised me the most is Vegas because I always had only been to the strip and I wasn't a big Vegas strip person. So when I went this last time for the series I do called drinking rubber bartenders tell.
Speaker 1: Me to, which is also something that no woman should ever do.
Speaker 2: I have my husband with me, so he's he's, you know, always there to make sure we're safe.
Speaker 1: It's a series you do where you go to a city, you go to a bar, probably a popular and then wherever that bartender tells you to go next. That's what you do.
Speaker 2: I go there and I drink what they drink. So for instance, in Maui, we started at the Ritz Carlton Capelua, and we thought the bartender there, you know, is going to be some fancy suggestion. Instead it was a died bar down the street and a beer, a shot of Jaeger, and a shot of tequila. This is how we had to start off the crawl. And you have to drink whatever they tell you to and then you go to the next place.
Speaker 1: I mean, you certainly don't.
Speaker 2: It's all on cam. I really I've got to do it.
Speaker 1: I do a lot of stuff on camera. Guess what, I fucking cheat some stuff.
Speaker 2: You think I'm gonna drink drink people you know like you know, they're like, she's not even she doesn't actually do it, and you know, then I got a bad reputation.
Speaker 1: Listen. I appreciate that there's integrity.
Speaker 2: It's one of the few careers where I'd get a bad reputation for not drinking to excess.
Speaker 1: But yes, well, Vegas, was there the Vegas? Where did they tell you to go?
Speaker 2: I started at a place called Vetri. There's a bartender called He's not just another bartender as his handle, he's great. He sent me to a place called Herbs and Rye, which was Dylan alcoholic.
Speaker 1: But got excited.
Speaker 2: He made a ramos gin fizz, which I don't know if you know what that is. But you have to shake this thing for like three minutes because there's egg in there, and it's very difficult.
Speaker 1: You don't like egg drinks.
Speaker 2: I don't like egg drinks, but the process is incredible to watch. Back in the day when they were invented, they'd have seven bartenders shake a single one of these drinks because once someone's arms got tired, they'd pass it off to them.
Speaker 1: I could shake for three minutes.
Speaker 2: No, you got shake to be very very vigorous with it.
Speaker 1: You remember the shake?
Speaker 2: Weaight, Yes, yes I do. I don't know if that's how they trained, but.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm just imagining that a three minute session on that would be la.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Do you have any bar recommendations here?
Speaker 2: I do. I haven't lived here in a while, but I've never been to Thunderbolt. I really want to go to Thunderbolt. I hear great things. I've always had fun at Normandy Club Republique. There's another great bar. Miret is really wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know when you go out to bars, to.
Speaker 1: Bars you don't go to. I don't go out.
Speaker 2: I don't go out, So okay, you don't go out, so you're not in a position where you're there with other people drinking and you're like, Okay.
Speaker 1: My entire my entire life was surrounding myself with people that accept that I'm not going to go anywhere, or I'm going to say that I'll meet you there and then I will not be there.
Speaker 2: Do you have people over to your house or do you.
Speaker 1: Just avoid that my wife does, and I get furious, and then I and I, here's what I do at two hours. It's like things are going to start getting uncomfortable, like you better get you better get them to leave, because I'm going to start walking around the house, turning the lights off, closing doors, like let's go, let's get out of here. I love it, It's not my thing. I think two hours is the appropriate amount of time to be at someone else's home.
Speaker 2: I hear that there's a section in the book that I wrote about.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I got your book over here, how to Be a Better Drinker. You wrote this, by the way, a lot of weight to this book. Feels nice. It feels nice.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: In a wooden tennis rack at the background, I'm sorry, Oh it's oh it's colored. Yeah, that explains the price tag too, color color photos in a book. I'm in the in the publishing game a little bit.
Speaker 2: I was hearing that you're writing a book with your own Yeah, I am. And how is working with her?
Speaker 1: Oh, it wouldn't happen if if it wasn't with her. She's doing everything amazing. I have to start. Oh, look at all these photos. Yeah, your photos are really pretty.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you?
Speaker 1: Does that drink good? A long sprawled G and T.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a nice one for like outdoor drinking in the summer. But I was going to say, we have a section in the book about how to kick people out of your house. Oh yeah, so if I don't think you have to drink in order to use the methods.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I give me a spoiler of a tip of how to kick somebody out?
Speaker 2: So we have a number of tips based on how confrontational you care to be. So I don't see that you struggle trying confrontation.
Speaker 1: Awkwardness, and I enjoy confrontation as long as it's verbal, not fast.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. So I think you know you would probably find by just like okay, go home. But for people who struggle with that a bit like I, do you know tips on how to lie to get them out? And then my favorite, which is gaslighting them out of the house. Oh so you make it warmer in the house and they keep saying it's getting warm, You make it warmer, got it? If they want another drink, you make it pretty weird. The playlist, you know, it's Gregory and Chance. All of a sudden and they stop.
Speaker 1: Wanting to do this. These aren't subtle at all.
Speaker 2: No, no, but once someone's had a few cocktails, they start to go, is this me? Is this weird? Or is it just me?
Speaker 1: Your book also talks about drinking etiquette. Yes, you know who could use a lesson in drinking etiquette? Old Dylan back there? God? Oh man does he put him away? How many drinks you have this morning? Dylan? Be honest, this is a safe space, all right. Everybody is on the show gets a gift. Oh, let's see what I get for you. Just you know, it's not it's not new stuff. This stuff around my house I don't want.
Speaker 2: I wish i'd brought you something.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna make me a drink? Okay? These these are tomboard glasses that I bought my wife. And then she put them on and I made fun of her. I don't remember this I made and then.
Speaker 2: She she really set her up.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to. I just like, I don't know what I said, but I said something, and she refused to ever wear them again. But I thought they're silly enough for your.
Speaker 2: Okay, they look lovely, right, they are.
Speaker 1: Lovely, she she, but she won't ever put them on, because she said I teased them.
Speaker 2: You got a pair of glasses, No, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm a bit of a mixologist myself. I have a machine at my house that does sparkling water, okay, and all I all I do is flavor my sparkling waters. But I don't like any of the flavors that I'm giving you. I didn't like this. That's a I didn't like it. I don't want you to have that sounds horrible. You should never have bubbly water with pineapple in it, Okay. I don't know somebody. I don't know why somebody gave me this bottle of tequila, but I don't want it.
Speaker 2: Your your wife doesn't want it.
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't have a say. I got some beer cousies. I don't. I don't ever drink beer. Wire there beer cuds.
Speaker 2: Ma.
Speaker 1: You're thinking I want all these gifts.
Speaker 2: Thank you, You're very gracious.
Speaker 1: That's aviator Nation. Why they somebody bought me a gross bottle of rose. I don't know if it's gross. That's not gonna fit in my wine fridge.
Speaker 2: Is that a? Is that a rose couna?
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is it's not mine, it's yours.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Is it interesting or is it hideous?
Speaker 2: I do think it's a wine interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know whatever. Will you please put it all on the floor because we can't have it up here. This is that garbage tequila.
Speaker 2: I I've never had it.
Speaker 4: I'll have to garbage that looks good? Is it good?
Speaker 1: I don't know, well, I don't. Is tequila bad or good?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It can be good.
Speaker 2: People love tequila here.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, it actually scared.
Speaker 2: Me me too, all right, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: My poor desk. Hey puzzles, Yeah, I got you too, tiny.
Speaker 2: Puzzles, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: You know what I want you to do? I want, since they're tiny puzzles, I want you to pull down your tray table in Alaska Airlines and see if you can knock out a puzzle before you land.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I love it. Yeah, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: What are some of the basic staples you can keep on hand to make some simple cocktails at home?
Speaker 2: I think as long as you have a citrus like a lemon or a lime, I got both of those perfect, perfect, some sort of sweetener, and then pretty much any straight spirit. You have a really good start there. So it's easy vodka, gin, bourbon, rum, tequila, you name it, and that's all you really need.
Speaker 1: When did we start needing four hundred different types of ice on hand? There's two types of a big deal. I want cubed and crush. Anything else, I go fuck yourself, is what I say.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, ice is a really big deal.
Speaker 1: You want to ice? Do you make that? Do you what kind of traser in your freezer?
Speaker 2: So we go way crazier than that. We do the directional freezing for the clear ice, and then we chop it with a saw at our house.
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 2: Because the clear ice melts at a slower rate, so it doesn't dilute your drink as quickly.
Speaker 1: I remember at one point people were buying I remember as a child those reusable ice cubes. Yeah, that is disturbing. That was thrown in a drink as a childs my parents. There's no way my parents cleaned.
Speaker 2: They tried to make it cool to do that again with whiskey stones, which are like rocks you put in the freezer and then you put in your drink. They're not very effective. I agree, there's something gross about that to me.
Speaker 1: I don't trust any place. They're not cleaning it not well enough. If someone at home wanted to impress their guest, what's a simple drink they could make to impress.
Speaker 2: To impress? I think a Bulevardia is always a nice one. It's three ingredients and all you're doing is switching out the base spirit and it's a sophisticated, lovely drink. You can make it ahead of time. It doesn't go bad, so you can keep it in your freezer, and it looks pretty. It's got like you know, a cool name. I think that's a really good, easy one.
Speaker 1: I like equal parts. You start saying a splash of this, and I get scared. You just fool are strong though.
Speaker 4: Bullivardias are three spirits together.
Speaker 2: Yes they are strong, but I think you know you used to will seem impressive, you know, but they're very strong, very strong.
Speaker 1: Don't you know what you're getting? Dylan? Dylan wants a lot of bangers.
Speaker 4: Bot get a little loose lipped over here.
Speaker 1: Okayn, are you gonna make me a drink?
Speaker 2: I am gonna make you a drink I.
Speaker 1: Brought to Okay, I'm excited for both.
Speaker 2: Okay, you didn't bring the.
Speaker 1: Vinegar one though, did you you did?
Speaker 2: Okay, great, you're gonna hate it, but I was I was expecting.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Start with the good one. Okay, good, Okay, you do whatever you gotta do. Yeah, whatever you gotta do. True or false mixology is a term that was coined by every asshole behind a bar who sports a vest and has an over the top mustache.
Speaker 2: It's pretty widely made fun of at this point. Yeah, I don't think anyone wants to go by that anymore.
Speaker 1: What did you bring an ice scoop? Or just for that?
Speaker 2: I have a lot of paraphernalia.
Speaker 1: It just seems like you get just thrown some ice in there. I'm not gonna I'm not a I'm not a germophobe. Are you putting milk in something?
Speaker 2: Hey? You said you like?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: Not like?
Speaker 1: Maybe? When I was six? Do you have any I have any? I have iv Ya? This is she's gonna light me up. Can most cocktails be turned into mocktails that are even more delicious while costing the exact same astronomical price.
Speaker 2: I think that we're doing a lot with mocktails right now. I'm I'm still rarely find a mocktail I like as much as a cocktail.
Speaker 1: I went to this place and in Tahoe City and they have all these like non alcoholic whiskeys and jam.
Speaker 2: I'm just like it, just for mocktails that just don't don't even really try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want something that my kid can sip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one that I make around the holidays that I really like, because what holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Love Christmas?
Speaker 2: I do? I love Christmas too, all right, So what we're gonna do here is we have some Cognya creme to cacao and some Grandmaier. So that's chocolate and orange and cognak with some heavy cream. Okay, no, you.
Speaker 1: Don't have apologize. It might be delicious, all right.
Speaker 2: So we do that, and then you want to close the shaker really well so it doesn't explode. Now I'm gonna have to stand up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm nervous. Okay, look at that. Now? Is this gonna be? Is this gonna get prettier.
Speaker 2: Or is this to get a little prettier.
Speaker 1: Because that's what I wanted. I want to drink. Oh, what kind of chocolate is this?
Speaker 2: This is an orange chocolate. You don't like chocolate?
Speaker 1: No, I don't like orange chocolate.
Speaker 2: Why chocolate is a Christmas tree? You know those chocolate oranges.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you go with just a regular dark chocolate? Is it milk chocolate or dark? Okay? How much cacao? Are we talking?
Speaker 2: I don't have the wrapper. Honey, do you want to see how much?
Speaker 1: Don't worry about my desk? All right, l yeah, it's like over seventy Is it over seventy? That's all.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is. I don't think it's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could have gotten a smaller file. Is that a foot file if you're brought if you brought a foot file here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, here you are just finished.
Speaker 2: This is a chocolate orange Brandy Alexander.
Speaker 1: Orange Brandy Alexander. Yes, and I'm just supposed to sip it and enjoy it. Am I supposed to chug it? Cheers?
Speaker 2: Cheers?
Speaker 1: Thank you for making this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't have to like it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't like it. I don't like it. But it's but it's not like I'm not struggling to choke it down.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: It's just part of me. It was like, well, I'd rather just eat that chocolate bar. Does anybody does this drink sound delicious to one of you?
Speaker 4: It sounds good, Dyl.
Speaker 1: Of course, Dylan, get over here. I gotta I gotta drink for you, Dylan.
Speaker 4: Let's see thanks's coming in.
Speaker 1: He said for you. Let's let's have a real drink or taste it and tell me if you think, oh, that's a fun drink.
Speaker 2: So this is the one. This is one that I tend to make for people who don't like the taste of alcohol.
Speaker 1: Uh huh oh yeah, all I taste is alcohol.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: That's really good. Good, we'll drink it all.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of heavy cream.
Speaker 1: Just drinking. You have a problem. Don't act like you don't want alcohol all the time. Yeah. Take it over there.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Take it over there and fix our fucking audio.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Well, thank you for being a good sport.
Speaker 1: Let's get this next one out here. I'm drunk, me too. I am hammered. I'm gonna if you actually poisoned me and killed me. I just want you to know I kind of think it like I would appreciate it, like, that's pretty funny, and we would air this, and guys, we would air this, and I'd want you to cut it normal and like let let people at home go. Well, what a dipshit? He saw that weird bag she pulled out full of liquids. Why did he just start fucking drinking it?
Speaker 2: Do you like blue cheese?
Speaker 1: I hate blue cheese? Hate blue cheese? Well yeah, I mean you've made everything else that I don't like. It, might not put it blue cheese in it?
Speaker 2: All right? So first, would you like to pick your cocktail peg?
Speaker 1: What are my choices here?
Speaker 2: I think there's more of an astrology theme to this set, So.
Speaker 1: I'll take a crab. Okay, I love a little crab.
Speaker 2: Are you an astrology person? No?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? That's nonsense.
Speaker 2: I don't get astrology, but I always think it's fun listening to people talk about it.
Speaker 1: I mean it might as well speak a foreign language to.
Speaker 2: Me, which would be awful.
Speaker 1: No foreign language. I can't make out any words.
Speaker 2: And all right, so this has been this is a gin that infused with sea salt and vinegar potato chips and then has been fat washed.
Speaker 1: So did you infuse it. Yes, what kind of potato chips kettle does some good work. Yes, they really know how to make their chips crunchy. That's a long spoon. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: This is my travel spoon.
Speaker 1: You think your travelspoon would be shorter, but your travelspoon is longer than all of our spoons.
Speaker 2: It's a telescoping I understand what it is.
Speaker 1: That's fun. That's fun. You could if you and your husband had seats across the aisle on Alaska Airlines, you could be you got to try this, honey, and you just give a big, long spoonful across the way. Hell that spoon you could if he was window and you were ile you Yeah, so much tin in your life? So what happened?
Speaker 2: Normally I like to freeze these in a freezer, but we had to do it with just Ice here.
Speaker 1: Oh, Ice wasn't even part of this. I got you.
Speaker 2: No, No, you ll stuff three olives. Apparently it's bad luck to do olives in Even.
Speaker 1: That sounds Asian. They hate they hate the number four. The Asians hate the number four. Is it all Asians or is it just is it just Chinese or is it Japanese?
Speaker 4: I think it's all all.
Speaker 1: Asians hate the number four, every single one. They hate it. I always learned that from when I used to watch like home shopping shows and like the Asian kupa bag. We can't have a feign our address. And I was like, all right, that's it. It's just potato chips.
Speaker 2: And there's a little olive brine in there as well. And then this is it's tough here, But the most important part of a martini is the temperature and dilution, so I almost think of those as their own ingredient, which is why this one won't be ideal because I couldn't freeze all this material ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Is this mine?
Speaker 2: This is yours?
Speaker 1: Oh man, look at this?
Speaker 2: The other taking takers it is?
Speaker 1: We already know who's going to take that.
Speaker 2: Cheers.
Speaker 1: Wait, we have the John's coming in. Am I supposed to drink?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, do I need to hold my crab?
Speaker 2: You don't need to. Oh you're gonna hate that. But if you like dirty martinis.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm not going to say that I hate it. No it's not good. No, it's not good. I don't hate it.
Speaker 2: It's it's very funky. It's very dirty. But one of the things that I really liked about this is so many drinks are sweet, oh wow, and this is not sweet. This is very, very, very savory. You can smell the potato chip.
Speaker 1: Right, I can smell a potato chip. Guys, maybe I am a super taster.
Speaker 2: So did you prefer the sweet, creamy one or the dank, salty, savory, dirty one.
Speaker 1: I don't have the answer to that.
Speaker 2: The thing about this one is it's really weird, but I also feel like it's one I find myself craving randomly. I'll be like, just in the mood for something really salty, and.
Speaker 1: Like should like you're holding you.
Speaker 2: Do want to hold it by the stem because you don't want to warm the drink with your hand, gotcha?
Speaker 1: I mean I think I feel cooler drinking this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it matches your outfit. You look great.
Speaker 1: The other one I felt like I was drinking a milkshake.
Speaker 4: This matches your shirt, right, This is good?
Speaker 1: Well, John, you want to come in here try this other one? Come on, try this one and tell me if you I don't dislike it. I thought I was gonna hate it.
Speaker 2: I thought you were too, especially because the vinegar element and there's vinegars.
Speaker 1: I got a cheers again. I already cheers before it does. I don't think I have to cheers every new person that comes to the fucking table. But I hate when we're at a large table and people start cheers in and now we're going around weird? Do you like very weird?
Speaker 2: So normally would I do with these olives too? I put bacon, blue cheese, and a little fresh garlic in the olives, so you kind of take a sip and then you have a bite and it's it's kind of like a potato chip, loaded potato chip sort of situation. Well, I admire your bravery.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not like I serve our country. I just had a drink of alcohol. I want to thank you for your service. By the way, at the end of the day, would you rather just have a nice glass of wine?
Speaker 2: No? Absolutely not. Huh do you like wine? No?
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I didn't know if you were like, no, I appreciate this, and you like this, But I didn't know if you were like yeah, But if I can just.
Speaker 2: Neither of these is my go to I'll drink black Manhattan's are sort of what I make most of the time at home. When you make cocktails, you can make it exactly the way you like it. Every time where's a bottle of wine, I can't really have much say in what's in the bottle once it's there, you know, I'm not really getting in there and making it perfect for my own tastes.
Speaker 1: Have you ever named one of your own drinks?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, okay, a lot of them, a lot of your You've named this like this is the junk food Martini. It's in the book, So this is yours. Yes, No one's made this before you, not before me. Well, not that I know of. I's not been written down.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that. I'm sure lot people come in the comments. I've used kirtle chips for bugging twenty five, I've used my grandpa used to use the mesquite barbecue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Hannah, thank you for being on here. I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me very fun. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I gotta go to rehab. Pasha don't want to thank Hannah for being on the show. And I'm drunk. I'm drunk, guys, Carl, I'm drunk. Put lextra in there. Nice man.
Speaker 3: Dylan does all the words.
Speaker 1: Dylan gave me a little sidecar. Ah, that was nice. That was nice to learn about some of these fancy drinks. Well, we got some plugs. You ready come here? Sit up, be tall, be strong, you smell good. You go the groomer. Nope, say the groomer came to me. What you know about me? Oh? You riding? Head on over to the Toss showstore dot com. Eddie's got a tour. Check out his dates. I've got a tour. Check out my dates. That just got back from the road. That was loads of fun. Carl, do you have a good time? Oh yeah, Dan, good time. Your eyelashes they could have clipped him or something there so long, it's time for the free plug. Carl. You got music? What do you wanna do with me? Some old Elvis Presley sound like? Yeah? You like Elvis? You don't like Elvis. I never could learn to speak dog. This free plug is a reminder that if you bought Quaker products like Chewy Bars, Free de Lay chips, or Captain Crunch between December twenty twenty three and January twenty twenty four, that's a small window she aout just that one month period. Any Quaker, but you might be entitled to a piece of a six point seven five million dollar class action lawsuit. What's the claim? You guys know? They Quaker allegedly used misleading labeling and failed to properly warn people that some products might have had a little salmonella. Surprise. Hold on, now they used misleading labeling? Oh, just about the salmonella.
Speaker 3: I think it's a couple things wrapped up into one class action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how is there labeling wrong for a one month period? Wow? It must have been about the labeling must have been in reference to the salmonella. Yeah, because it's not like they're gonna change. They don't change the box the Captain Crunch every month. They probably haven't changed the box in six years. I might take a shot at Captain Crunch on my own for tearing up the roof of my mouth as a child. There you go, I'll tell you what, Captain Crunch. I don't know if you're a sponsored the show. Hell, I don't care at this point. You send me six boxes, okay, and two boxes better be a berry crunch crunch, berry crunch berry whatever. They fucking know they work the what they're doing. They're one of them's got berries. I'm not giving them. I don't need to say it right if if if I'm suing them.
Speaker 3: It's a threat.
Speaker 1: I'm threatening them whatever. I want six three boxes, six three bloxes, and I shut the fuck up of just Crunchberry. What's that of just Crunchberry? No, you didn't listen. I said four boxes are gonna be of Captain Crunch, the original, and then I want two boxes of Captain Berry Crunch. I don't I don't know. If they do a chocolate one, I don't want that at all.
Speaker 4: Well, doing the peanut butter I.
Speaker 1: Don't fucking like the peanut butter one. It's a bit overwhelming. It's two now, I don't want the peanut butter one. The peanut butter one grosses me out. In fairness, you know what, Captain Crunch, knock it off. Just send me some puffins. I like puffins, kind of remember Captain cort I yes, they would rip the roof of your mouth, but then it would get like slimy around the edge.
Speaker 2: Ugh.
Speaker 1: I always yell at my children whenever I pour them a bowl of cereal like go, like go, And they don't. They don't care. They just they're so slow and then it's just they just eating mush thirty minutes later like cereal should be. You got like forty five seconds. Don't worry about a lengthy trial. Well, Quaker denies any wrongdoing. Uh, they're coughing up the settlement anyway to avoid the cost and PR nightmare of court. It's not a PR nightmare. Go to battle. If you're saying you didn't do anything wrong, fight it, Quaker. What other products do they have? They do? They do all the chips and the bars and the chips. You do your oats, I mean the Quaker oats.
Speaker 4: It was a little pack with the flavored instant oatmeal.
Speaker 1: What are all the flavors that come in the variety pack of the instant.
Speaker 5: Oval Cinnamon, you have maple, you have apple, and then you have a regular.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's just apple that you try to avoid. Yes, I don't even really, I don't even really do those. I haven't done those in a lifetime. Oat Wheel's not really my favorite. Not cream a wheat. That's another story. I love cream a wheat, haven't had it in probably forty years, But I know that I used to love cream and wheat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure you still do love cream and wheat.
Speaker 1: Do you know I love it? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm pretty sure you don't.
Speaker 1: You put a pat of butter in there and you give me a couple pieces of toast. Oh that's a good breakfast. Some cream aweat cream a wheat I never had. I never had grits really as a regular meal as a child, but I always had cream a wheat. M hm. Guys, we're talking about a free free uh plug for the Quaker lawsuit class action suit. Well, I'm glad that Quaker's doing the right thing. See you next week.