Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the Second Date Podcast. Thank you so much for being here. And we don't normally do this, but you are really special to us. So Jose is going to give out his personal phone number right now. Yeah, yeah, okay if you need to call him, so text seven two. Okay, show's text board.
Speaker 2: If you're lonely, you can text us. I'm on it all night long.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're on it more than your own phone texting. Basically, I mean it's a better way to reach him, That's all we're saying. And don't forget. We've got forty five more minutes, a full show, an hour long. Oh my god, could you take that much? If you want it, go for it. It's over at the Brook and Jeffrey main podcast feed. But right now we're all about the Second Date, so let's get it started.
Speaker 2: Second Date Update. Where's the worst place to take a woman on a first date?
Speaker 3: The worst?
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Home of the Second Date Update? I mean, like a garbage dump?
Speaker 1: Are you going to give us options? Because I have some ideas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, crematorium comes to mind than the garbage dump, especially if you talked about having barbecue already that there is something that might be worse than that. There's no way, Jeff Well, I was gonna say, chure Nobyl, but you know what, let's okay, let's talk to our listener htt because he thinks he may have taken his date someplace pretty regrettable.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's all you have to do is come on our show and you'll feel better by comparison.
Speaker 2: Before we find out about this woman, just tell us the place that you took her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I took her to my ex's house.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what I okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a backup, not even like the restaurant where my ex works.
Speaker 3: I know, the bad idea.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, it's good that you realize that. But let's go back and let's start from the beginning. Where did you meet this woman? And what's her name?
Speaker 1: And not yours?
Speaker 3: And took out the girl that I took out. Her name's Chrisena. We met at a hiking club, a small group of people that get together and take hikes on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Let me guess you reached for the same cashew in the bag of trail.
Speaker 3: Mix, and.
Speaker 1: How did you turn it from hiking to a date.
Speaker 3: So we're both cat people. So that's kind of how we came together a little bit on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, hiking and cat people. Yeah, that's true. So I mean you guys had a pretty good relationship then, probably before you actually moved into the romantic world, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean we had tons of talks and I mean I showed her tons of pictures. My cat's name is Sorbet. So I set up a date at my house to help meet my cat.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like how you said your house. That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were gonna make pizzas at my place. I got a fancy pizza oven, nice, so we wanted to do that. Introduced her to the cat. She looked real nice. We didn't burn anything. That's usually a good sign.
Speaker 1: I mean, were you able to have because you guys had been friends already, were you able to have like some flirty moments.
Speaker 2: Like come up behind her and need the pizza, like show her like grab her hands and show her show her how to toss it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got like a little ghost moment with the pizza.
Speaker 1: Do do not say you did that.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. Yeah, it was still flirty, a little flower getting everywhere, but nothing crazy Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that's cute. I mean it sounds like a set up to a great evening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like a great setup to go over to your ex's house, because how does that come into the picture.
Speaker 3: So, I mean I kept calling for the cat. The cat likes to hide when new people are there, so I figured they needed a little bit of time to get used to her.
Speaker 1: And right, I mean, cats notoriously don't come when you call them, you know, right.
Speaker 3: And then I remembered that I actually had dropped the cat off at the cat moms that morning.
Speaker 1: What do you remembered.
Speaker 2: You and your split custody of your cat?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean it was kind of a contentious part of the breakup there, but I mean we're good now.
Speaker 1: How could you forget that it was the whole date center? I mean, that makes me look so bad. You're a cat dad that doesn't remember where he left his cat.
Speaker 3: I had a pretty busy day and it split my mind. I mean I had out there things to worry about.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that is a lot to tackle, both pepperoni and cheese, so I can understand your head was totally full. I still don't get how did you end up at your ex's house.
Speaker 3: So right after we ate, I was pretty disappointed that she couldn't meet Sorbet.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, yeah, but just chalk it up and you make a plan for the next time.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I wish I would have done that. That's a good point. On our way home, I just figured I'd swing by my exes and introduce her to Sorbet.
Speaker 1: No making her home.
Speaker 2: You brought Christina over to your ex's house. Oh no, it.
Speaker 3: Sounds really bad when you say it like that.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: I didn't warn either woman. So you show up unexpectedly with a date on your ex's door and Christina doesn't even know that's where she's going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but usually my ex is pretty cool. If I need to sling by and see the cat, you know, he alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah? How did that go?
Speaker 3: So? I mean when when we showed up, it was fine, but I could kind of tell that she wasn't really digging it. X wasn't really happy that we showed up, uh to see the cat?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah shocking.
Speaker 2: I can see why you you guys broke up. She's not not accepting woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a lot of silence and patting the cat on the couch, and it was real awkward. She was just staring at my date the whole time.
Speaker 1: You're all sitting on the couch together. Why did I imagine this just at a doorstep?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like say hi to the cat. Then everybody parts.
Speaker 2: You're like a scene a funny movie.
Speaker 1: You're inside.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you guys all spent the night at your ex's house and and when you left the next morning, how did that go?
Speaker 3: That didn't happened? Thank god?
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 3: The whole time ended in like a real big fight.
Speaker 1: Wait, a fight with who you in the ex or what you in the cat?
Speaker 3: Everybody kind of ended up shouting, yeah, Christina didn't like my ex was being rude. My my accident like that, I brought a girl there. It was. It was a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Why are you wanting to call this girl again? Christina doesn't want to have anything to.
Speaker 4: Do with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but your show says you help people get second dates and.
Speaker 2: Miracles over here.
Speaker 1: But oh my gosh, can I just ask when you drop Christina off at her door, what was the last thing she said to you?
Speaker 3: She actually gave me the finger, but I don't think. She mentioned.
Speaker 2: If it's a finger that I'm thinking of, then it could be a good thing.
Speaker 1: She still took the right and then put off.
Speaker 3: Wow, she was emotional. Now that we've had some space, it's been about a week or so, so I figured we could give it another and you guys could help me out.
Speaker 2: Guys, at least this will be a great story, right, Yeah, I'm very eager to hear how Christina felt the experience.
Speaker 1: This one was gonna be cussing.
Speaker 2: We don't know. We're gonna call her, we'll see how she's doing, but we do your second date update right after this second date update. What went wrong on Rhett's first date a little hard to say because there was pizza, there was cute cats, and the one tiny mistake and when I say tiny, I mean like minuscule. There was kind of a fight at his ex's house that involved him, his date, and his ex girlfriend, resulting at the end in a certain finger being pointed at Rhett when he dropped Christina off at home. It was proposal with the wedding ring. Other than that, though a plus date, Wrett, you would agree, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Other than all of that, I guess it was fine, Okay.
Speaker 1: Wait, I have a question. Have you had a chance to apologize to Christina?
Speaker 3: Well, that's the biggest thing is I just haven't seen her in the hiking group at all, and it's not often you get to go from friends into dating. So I just I didn't want to mess that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and don't you didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm sure necessarily think you're the one who needs to apologize. It sounds like your ex girlfriend owes her an apology for not being cool about that.
Speaker 1: He needs to apologize to both women house. We can't bring a date to your ex's house, especially unannounced.
Speaker 2: I don't know who does that. I'm just clearly read as somebody that wants everybody to get along. Feels like you should be able to move past ex grievances the ladies, I don't know why you guys are holding onto this like it's a big.
Speaker 1: Deal your ex shows up at your house today.
Speaker 2: I don't have one, all right, But we don't know the whole story. We have a hunch of what went wrong. We need to get Stina's angle to really understand the full scope.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear her story. And the thing is is that you actually sound like a really nice guy that just made dumb choices.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just a really nice guy who made one dumb choice, and I told you the whole story.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but her perspective is going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perspective. Well, let's find out what that is. I'm going to dial her right now. Hopefully she has nothing but good things to.
Speaker 1: Say about you, or she doesn't just cuss at us and hang up.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see how this goes. I'm dialing she flips us off as she answers the phone be able to see it, we'll be able to feel it here.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey is this Christina? Yeah, hey Christina, good morning. We've all been very eager to talk to you. Where a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning And uh, I don't.
Speaker 1: Even know where to begin, Christina, how are you doing.
Speaker 4: Fine? What is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is this is a radio show and we're doing a segment trying to help out one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently. His name is Rhett.
Speaker 4: Uh what yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean actually that's a better response than I expected from you. To be honest, I'm being serious.
Speaker 2: Because we heard about your guys' hangout. We won't rehash the whole story.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, called you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he emailed us.
Speaker 4: Why is he doing that?
Speaker 2: Well, obviously because he likes you.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean just that, like you guys were friends in the hiking group and then and then you had one date and he knows he screwed it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I just hear the story, like I want to hear from your perspective, Like, you show up to his ex's house. Did you know that's where you were going?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: He was like, Oh, I've got something to show you. I really want you to see that I've fallen for that one before. Yeah, okay, I mean at first I just thought it was like his friend or something. I didn't realized it was his X. And then when we get into this argument.
Speaker 3: She called me, ah, oh god, okay, but what we go from.
Speaker 4: Petting the cat to that get some major insecurity issues or jumping because she was like, well, do you know what he likes? Because I know what he likes?
Speaker 2: Oh god, okay, we did not know that part of the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I said, she yelled at me and called me a what did do?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: He was yeeling back at her. It was just it was so dramatic, and this is the first date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm gonna tell you on the thirty second date that would not be okay.
Speaker 2: Look, I know that we all feel terrible about that. Rehet feels sorry for even making the decision to bring you over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he honestly sounds like a nice guy that made a dumb choice.
Speaker 4: I don't know. He lied to me too, okay, just.
Speaker 2: Like about bringing you over there to introduce you to his cat.
Speaker 4: No before that, so I knew him from hiking. We hugged together with like a group, and we were talking about our cats, and he told me that Sorbet is five and my cat is five two. So I was like, oh, that's cool to the same age. But then his ex told me the Sorbet is nine.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and the name Colin.
Speaker 4: White doesn't look a five year different. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay. That was worse to you than the argument that broke out between the three years.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think that he lied about his cat's age on purpose. I think he was trying to say that it was the same age as my cat so that they would get along.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, we do hear a lot of people lying about their age on dating apps to impress somebody, not usually lying about their cats age to impress each other.
Speaker 4: But well, yeah, but like that's important to me.
Speaker 3: I have something to say here.
Speaker 2: You shut your mouth, you liar. I really hope you would, because we need to tell you, Christina that Ret's been on the other line listening to this call.
Speaker 4: Want to do.
Speaker 1: And hopefully apologize.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean I'm going to apologize for the fight, but not not for my cat being a different age. I mean, those are just details.
Speaker 4: Well you might not think that's important, but I do. I don't have kids and not painting. I'm having kids any time soon. My cat is my world. Like, I don't want my cat to be the little second side kit cat because you have this older leader meme cat.
Speaker 3: Well maybe if your cat was more mature, it'd be okay, hanging out with my old cat.
Speaker 4: Okay, my cat is plenty mature.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's where the top hat.
Speaker 1: I don't get it in I thought we'd really be concentrated on the name college. Yeah, ex's house here, Well.
Speaker 4: That wasn't cool, but neither in lying about the age of your cat. Why would you do that? Why don't you why about anything like that?
Speaker 1: What if the ex is lying?
Speaker 3: I mean, my ex wasn't lying about that. He is nine. And then if if that's the only thing standing in the way of this, I mean, we can always go get a five year old cat.
Speaker 2: Okay, there are a.
Speaker 1: Lot of cats that need especially you're dating.
Speaker 2: I like the problem solving. That's a positive.
Speaker 4: So my cat's a third wheel.
Speaker 3: Now that's great.
Speaker 1: What what you're upset at?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you find very interesting things important for your dating life.
Speaker 4: You got to think of it from my perspective. If this does work out and we're together, No, we've got two full time cats and one part time cat that we're suffling back and forth between a deck. Who thinks I'm a hoot? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I could see that part, but I mean it's nine. It's not like you're gonna have to do it for many years.
Speaker 3: But I take offense to that because my cat maybe nine, but she looks seven at worst.
Speaker 2: How many lives has left.
Speaker 1: But we are really stuck on this.
Speaker 2: I know she's very upset that she got cat cat fished. That's the big issue.
Speaker 1: I think fish I think it's just cat fit.
Speaker 4: It is you did cat catfish me.
Speaker 1: Okay, the double cat rat.
Speaker 2: You're very sorry, right, tell her how sorry you are for doing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm very sorry for telling you the wrong age of my cat. And I mean, going forward, I swear I won't lie to you about something like that.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Why would you? Why would you just say I swear not lie to you anything.
Speaker 3: Well, because that's like super important. I want her to know how important it is that I'm taking her cat age very importantly. I won't lie at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, honestly, Christina, he is taking it into account, and I think a lot of people would not be so patient.
Speaker 2: Brook is basically saying team rat, team rat. And so we would like to offer to send you out on another date with him, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Two cats, three cats, one cat, no cat, whatever, however many cats you want or don't want on it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, find a five year old one perfect well.
Speaker 4: I doubt he wants to go out again with att.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I mean, as long as the price is right, I guess Okay, I know it's I'm kidding obviously I would. I would love to have a second try at this.
Speaker 2: Yes, you went through all this effort to make this happen and we're running out of time here. So what do you say, Christina? One more date with Rhett? I need a yes or a no?
Speaker 4: Fine? Yeah whatever?
Speaker 2: Are you fine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's still emotional. She'll get over and I'm okay with fine.
Speaker 1: Are we miracle workers? Because that is insane.
Speaker 2: Yes, we should take all the credit for king Jeffrey in the morning. You know what really makes me happy hearing someone regrettably agreed to go out on a date again.
Speaker 1: Fine, Joe, Fine, they're going to.
Speaker 2: Look back and listen to this on their wedding day. Right before, Christina turns to the past and was like, fine, I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the ex is going to show up to that wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just hope the cats show up.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody is showing up. I think he's gonna host it at their house.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a good reminder that everybody crazy. Everybody values different things in their relationships, and for Christina, she values honesty about your cat's real age. That's number one on the relationship.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe you could have still been dating the Yes, yeah, like I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: Abound Number five is x name calling.
Speaker 2: Yes, it still mattered to her, just not quite as hot. Yeah, but everyone's got different priorities and we know that now. So whatever is important to you, we will call that person who's not calling you back. Email the show so we can help, and go check out all of our Seconday podcast wherever you get yours at Brooke and
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning