Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up.
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with.
Speaker 2: Us once again once again. Today it's a great day. Today. I feel good about life. Yes, yes, oh good. You always feel good about life, I know.
Speaker 1: Ever, I've never experienced you have like.
Speaker 2: A bad day, bad day, like oh my bad days, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'll have stuff that like upsets you or whatever, but like I don't know, you're never like down.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, who's good time for that?
Speaker 1: I mean, not that you have time for this. Sometimes you just can't help it.
Speaker 2: Oh true, you know. I So when stuff happens that upsets me, I like process it and deal with it. Yeah, and then I let it go yeah and move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I guess that helps with my bad days. I guess so. Yeah. And then like you know, when you have bad days, like your skin doesn't look right, you know. And my mother always said, if you have lipstick on, you have a good day. Really. Yeah, that's how it works, That's what my mama say. Yeah, just put some lipstick on, girl, you feel batter. Yeah, okay, you know how something. And then somebody said that like her mom would always tell her, like to get dressed, like get dressed, to put like heels on, and then you'll feel bad. That'll make you feel better. Yeah, I always say lipstick. I agree with that.
Speaker 1: You agree with the heels, well, I agree with like getting dressed makes you feel better. Yeah, you know, not that I get dressed, but I can say when I do get dressed, you do get dressed oah occasionally. Yeah, but when I do get dressed, I do feel better. True, or I just feel you just feel more like energized and alive, you have more purpose and yeah all of that. Yeah, but you know versus just like sitting around in some sweats.
Speaker 2: Totally. But I like the whole sit around in sweats thing. But lips be popping. It's the lips are popping, you feeling good about life? Yeah, yeah, for sure. Anyway, Okay, we have a lot of things to discuss, Robin Dixon. A lot people out here in these streets be acting cuckoo. Okay, yes, do you have a shady moment that's doesn't involve thievery, doesn't involve your whole family going to jail or folks.
Speaker 1: I don't think we can for stealing.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, stealing, we pay for us out. Okay. Do you think that everyone pays for speaking of, you know, breaking the law self checkout, let's discuss. Do you think everyone pays for all the food in their cart?
Speaker 1: I think some people steal. I do not, However, what.
Speaker 2: It was now, I do not. It's very much an honor system. It is that, that definitely is.
Speaker 1: But you know, nowadays, I've seen the people kind of standing over watching and I like they're like maybe they have cameras that are like counting.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like I don't know. Maybe it is still an honor system. So no, I do not too.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Okay, I pay for what I buy or I pay for everything that I take out of the store. Yes, good, because I never want to be that one where they're like, excuse me, can I check your bag?
Speaker 2: Please? Yeah? I don't like and whole foods especially there's there's there's always someone helping. Yeah. Not I don't think I think she's helping. She's not checking to see if I'm stealing, right right right right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I've even had instances where like, say, you have a case of water under the carts right, and I'm in the checkout with the person and the person is checking me out, and then I walk out and I get almost to my car and I notice like, oh shit, they forgot to scan the water. Yeah, I'll go back and say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, that happened to me one time. I did not go back. Okay, my water was free that day, but I justified it in my mind. I'm like, I'm at this because it was a safe way. I was like, I want the safe way all the time. I'll give them so much of my money, right, and I don't steal. Yes, So it's like a reward. It was a cue po Yeah, yeah, you just use a reward points anyway. Okay, I have a shady moment. I was traveling recently and I was in I was going to a small town and I was coming from New York whatever. Anyway, I mean, I'm in a taxi. I'm not in an uber. For whatever reason, I feel like taxi drivers, more Southern uber drivers feel like they can like they want to like spark a conversation, they want to chit chat.
Speaker 1: More Southern Uber drivers, I disagree, but disagree. Well, this particular taxi driver was like, I want to chit chat.
Speaker 2: And he was an older gentleman and everything he said was like a like an old school not slang, but it was like a slogan like she fit to be tack right, yeah, like things like that. Okay, okay. So he says, young lady, where are you coming from? And I said New York. Actually he was like, oh, what what what you doing in New York? I said, you know, you're from New York And I was just like I was in Manhattan. He's like, oh, yeah, the big city city of Manhattan. So what's bringing you to this small town? I said, I'm just visiting. Oh okay, okay. Then it was silent. I didn't want to give him any info. Okay, wait, so it was silent for like three minutes. So when he comes back, so you just visited, You're just visiting. And I feel like this is intrusive. I feel like you are asking me questions that are actually none of your business. Right, Why am I supposed to give you this information? Because you're driving me down the street. Mind you, you're not doing this for free. I'm going to pay you right, So why do I need to tell you my b this You need to.
Speaker 1: Stick to Uber and select the option that says don't talk no conversation.
Speaker 2: Is that an option? Yes? Oh, I didn't know that. You did it. My Uber drivers don't talk to me really never. I have mind you Oh do you have you selected no talking? No? Oh okay, no, I don't select that. I just felt like saying I just like saying that, dude, like, just because I'm in your card is so. Then he proceeds to tell me this is how I know he does this with everybody. He was like, yeah, I had I had a young lady last week and there was an accident and she she had ordered a car service. She was trying to get to I'm sorry. She was trying to fly to New York. There was an accident. She couldn't get it was rain or something, so they cancelor flight. She hired a car service. Car service couldn't get to her own time. She wanted to go see her son before he went to the military for this war that we're having for two years. Okay, so long story short, he says, Yep, somehow she got me and I drove her seven hours oh my god, and I drove seven hours back and she just needs to see her son. Okay, so all of this, Oh my god, Now you're telling me about somebody else's inna right, and I don't even know you, sir. I've met you all of ten seconds, don't you know?
Speaker 1: Him?
Speaker 2: To grow up, I don't want to talk.
Speaker 1: This is like the highlight of his day. Like this is why he does what he does, because he loves to drive people around and talk to people and meet people from different walk of life and learn about where they came from and learn about where they're going. And this is this is why he drives.
Speaker 2: Okay. So once I started giving him one word answers, he realized, okay, she's not talking then, so this is what at the point, this is what he No, no, no, no, he wasn't done. So he decided, okay, I want to give her the history lesson of like the houses that were passing by. So he's like, in nineteen seventy four, or that house right there was underwater and now it's not. And you know, the county didn't want to build this bridge. Oh but they had so many debates and to build a bridge, I mean it was like enough, ye, stop, that's what I say. That's stop talking today. I don't like people. I don't like talking. Okay, I'm done, Okay, get you can, I'm done. Look if he was like, yeah, Rihanna came through. Yeah, and I'm like, give me more, right, because that's actually interesting. But this little small talk nonsense about things that I don't care about. Please stop and stop ask me questions about my life. So then we we we passed some place that I have been before, and I said, oh, yeah, I've been there. Oh yeah, well what were you doing there? You can't give this guy an inch? Oh my gosh. So I just want to put a p s A. You know how that I told like the birds to leave me alone. Yeah, any card that I get in, don't talk.
Speaker 1: To don't talk to you, Yes, unless you speak to them.
Speaker 2: Unless unless I ask. Hey, but I always asked for them to turn the music on. I need a buffer, all right. Anyway, what is your shady moment?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, you know what? To be honest, I don't really have one. You don't, I don't think so okay, I can't think of one. Sorry, guys, Okay, well I guess you'll give us one next year okay, So I mean next next week, next week, next week, okay, so listen, I'm taking I'll be I'll be going out of town.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure I'll have some you have some stuff. Okay, so I have We have a new segment that you did you don't know anything about. Okay, you know. The segment is called no ig So Instagram chronicles. Okay, okay, are you ready yeah, Instagram chronicles, Instagram chronicles. Okay. So this year, says Madonna is sixty five, her boyfriend is twenty seven. Chare is seventy seven, her boyfriend is thirty five. Okay, still single. Relax, your boyfriend isn't even born yet. I read that and I was like, they're speaking to me, they are talking to me. Okay, let's see.
Speaker 1: So Madonna's sixty five, her boyfriend's twenty boyfriends. So that's how many years is that? That's thirty eight, thirty eight?
Speaker 2: Okay, Shares is seventy seven and thirty five, so that's the forty two. Uh huh. Okay, Well, my boyfriend's not born. He's born. He's just like in elementary school. But if I'm seventy seven, but once I get to seventy s evan. Okay, so he's he might not be born.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean if that's like a forty forty okay, so share, Yeah, that's a forty two year age difference.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, yeah, so your.
Speaker 1: Boyfriend that when you're sixty five, when you meet your boyfriend, he's going.
Speaker 2: To see he's an elementary school right now? Yeah? Okay, So would if let's say one, you know, god forbid passed away tomorrow, would you take on a young lover of.
Speaker 1: What is the what is the segment?
Speaker 2: What segment? Segment? It's called Instagram? Be wild'n out? Okay, okay, all right, well move on.
Speaker 1: The segment. Is I see something on Instagram and talk.
Speaker 2: About yeah, okay, yeah, all right, but I want to know would you would you want a younger dude? Oh? I think I wouldn't be opposed to it, or would you want somebody oh your age or older? I don't think I want an older person, right, you want like a nice hot stood Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think a younger person would would be interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, this segment, I'm realizing it's called Instagram is speaking to me. Okay, okay, I'm going to read another one. Okay, it says my teenager is calling me to ask me to please pay her back because she bought something with her own money. That happens to me on a daily basis. Do your kids ask you to pay them because they've spent their own Do your kids have their own money? They have money?
Speaker 1: They they get an allowance Okay, it's not very much, Okay, and they'll get money, you know, if it's like birthdays, they don't really like. Yeah, so they get an allowance and get fifty dollars a month, right, that's nothing, and then they'll get money for like birthdays.
Speaker 2: That's about it. So have they ever spent their money? Yeah? And then they say pay me back for when they bought something for them right right, And they're like, ma, I need you to pay me back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or they'll be like so say like Corey spends his birthday money and he'll be like, yeah, I bought you know, I bought some shoes.
Speaker 2: So I don't have any money, so can you buy me more shoes? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Okay, Grace is like, my I got my nails done. Can you pay me back? No? No, girl, I cannot. Why why would I pay you for that, right, Angel's like, Mom, so I need I think I need. Like she bought like sheets and stuff for school, right, She's like, well, you know, can you pay me back? So I did pay her back for that school. But if they get their nails done, if they eat like they'd be out eaten. Oh right, oh yeah, and I'm sure they think you should pay them back for that. I'm like, so, you're your belly's full, right, but I'm supposed to pay you back. But they're working. My kids are working right, good. This is the this is their money that they earned, that they earned, that they've spent on themselves, and I'm supposed to pay them back. Make it makes sense?
Speaker 1: No, No, my kids will.
Speaker 2: They'll bet.
Speaker 1: They'll make bets with each other with money that they don't have, and then when the other one doesn't pay up, they're like, Mom, Corey, this is card. Corey owes me eighty two dollars. Yeah, and can you give it to me? No, no, I said, Corey needs to go find figure out how to find eighty two dollars and give it to you.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah. I don't like any of it. So I just want to tell all the teenagers suck it. Yeah, now let's get to Chipotle. Okay, because this was also something that I decided I wanted to talk about. Is Instagram chronicles this. Instagram chronicles Chipotle. So the CEO of Chipotle, am I saying that? Right?
Speaker 1: Chipotle Chipotleell like my mom my mom calls it Chipotle Chipotle.
Speaker 2: He issued a statement after customers have been complaining about portion size as being smaller.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we do need to talk about this, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm not a Chipotle girl. I used to be back in the day, but I'm not any any longer. But I do know that they're burritos years ago. Yeah, well the biggest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yes, to the point where they need to be small exactly. Nobody can eat all this shit exactly. Why is anyone complaining about the portion sizes at Chipotle?
Speaker 2: I do not understand.
Speaker 1: They fill first of all, and and I don't agree with I don't know. I go to Chipotlean, it gives he Chipotle. They still give you what you asked for. I'm not like, oh, this is different. They still fill your bowl and your breed are up full of rice. Yeah, and a freaking two pounds of rice. They still give you all this meat, all these beans. I don't know what they're talking about. Why do we need more food than this?
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait, you know Keith Lee, Yeah, he's he came out and said that he that the portion sizes were getting smaller. And you know, he has a huge following and everybody, you know, whatever he says about food is gospel, and we love Keith Lee. Yeah, he's blessing the people. Yeah, I do have Have we ever spoken about him?
Speaker 1: Do we speak?
Speaker 2: We probably have? Okay, So anyway, he's on He critiques restaur restaurants and he typically gives a big donation to that restaurant after he critiques it, and that restaurant is like put on blast and everybody goes okay, So it's a great he's doing the Lord's work. Yes, he said Chipotle is getting chimty out here and they need to stop like giving people less food, right, But I want Chipotle to get people less food too much. But you know, it's so funny. When I walked in with my kids.
Speaker 1: Carter was like, okay, so they say if you hold your phone up like you're videoing them while the while they're making your bowl, they'll give you more food.
Speaker 2: So let's try it. So he did that. He did it, But nobody cares. You read, nobody cares. Well, they say, if you ask for more, they'll give you more.
Speaker 4: First, I can tell you the portions have not gotten smaller. One of the things I think it's great about chipotles. If you come into the restaurant and you want a little more rice, or you want a little more peakle, all you gotta do is kind of like and usually our guys and women give them a little more scoop.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: We always want to get people big portions that get them excited about the food. It's kind of who we are. I mean, these are big burritos, these are big bowls. Now, if you want double the amount of meat, you got to pay for it. Our goal is to get people really excited about what I believe is really delicious food.
Speaker 1: Well, no, then if you ask for more meat, then they'll charge it. They'll say, oh, that's double. Oh, they will charge and charge you double. The chicken asks for more beans and more rice, and.
Speaker 2: Which you can't ask for more meat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more meat, they'll charge you for it. Okay, But I think you can say if the portion size looks a little off. You can be like hen, that's a little skimpy, can you you know? And they like, can you hook me up?
Speaker 2: But who needs to eat all that food? Is? It's I don't understand. It's a lot. Those burritos are huge. There's a lot of food. So Angel and a Door would get one and they would split it. Oh wow, and if they still couldn't finish it, yeah, but they can. No one I know can eat a full burrito from your or like a whole bowl or a whole bowl in one sitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll ask them like, okay, can you just give me.
Speaker 2: A little bit of rice? Right? It's too much? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do feel like their chicken is different. I don't know what they're doing different to it. It tastes different, Yeah, tastes different. The texture is different. It's like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That could be what Keith was talking about. Maybe they're doing different things out here. Yeah, maybe the chicken is not the same. And I'm not being biased or complaining. Okay, well the chicken world is on notice anyway, just from Giselle.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, you said you don't need chicken.
Speaker 2: I try not too. Yeah, they pump it up with antibiotics and I'm into chia seed at this point. Okay, So onto Instagram it says we need to discuss this. Evelyn Lozada okay, and Jackie Christie. If y'all don't know who those people are, they they're on Basketball Wives and Basketball Wives is now filming another season film? Is it airing and filming or just airing airing I've seen, Oh, they're now airing there, Eric, You're right, Okay, they're airing. So apparently Evelyn says that Jackie was arrested for prostitution as at least fifteen different aliases. I don't believe that. So this is why this is the issue with this for me.
Speaker 1: What I saw from like Pi, Yeah, I don't believe.
Speaker 2: So Jackie Christy has been on bast Why Watch for maybe like twenty years now, so we're just now finding out this information. Yeah, I find this hard to believe. Right, That's why I'm like, I saw the mere fact that she's been out there too long. We would have known this already. She's been out there.
Speaker 1: And then it said something did it say somemost he's been married multiple I don't know, well, and she's been with her husband prior to that, and he was an NBA player. You know, it's just like I don't know. It's just I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it either, Okay, so you know, I don't know. Anyway, Megan Good came out This is Not on Instagram and said that Tyler Perry paid her the most money. Okay, she like went to him with the number, because you know, in the entertainment world, you were offered a salary, are offered a number, and you have to always figure out, like what your threshold of negotiation is. My threshold is always suck it suckers. Just kidding, just kidding, Okay, I mean, but I'm always like, look, you know, if it doesn't work out, I can just you know, be home and eat ice cream. And I'm cool with that. So it's sometimes a lot of people just don't want to negotiate because they don't want to ruffle feathers. They don't want to feel like, you know, they're causing some sort of controversy, right, and then don't want to feel like they're not appreciative, right.
Speaker 1: Or they think, Okay, if I push too much, then they'll go find someone else. Who's not pushing.
Speaker 2: Right, And that was happening loud and proud in the industry years ago. It probably still happens now. So anyway, Meghan gave her number to Tyler and he's Tyler Perry, and he said, absolutely, you deserve that. And she's got paid the most from Tyler and anyone says that. And I'm just trying to figure out why Tyler has not called me because I would like Tyler Perry job. I think I've said this on this podcast like seventeen times. No, you haven't five at least. This might be the first time I've heard this. Second second time, I'm like, no, because I said, Tyler Perry does all of these church right movies. Why can't I be the first lady? I was actually a first lady. Sometime send him a message on Instagram and give him your number. Well, I mean, you know, I think you have an audition.
Speaker 1: I mean some people, but he might say, Okay, come for an audition.
Speaker 2: I don't have to audition, but I know the role. Okay, I can step back into my first lady's shoes, okay, and I will be great anyway, I don't mind auditioning. Yeah, yeah, okay, but I want to get a Tyler Perry job so I can feel like, you know what he paid me.
Speaker 1: What I was for you?
Speaker 2: No, what I was because he told her this is what you're okay, or this is what you should be getting. Okay. So I want to have those conversations with Tyler Perry.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I think you tign a message.
Speaker 2: You know what I am. I'll go get my people to call his people. All right, we're moving on. Okay. So I did want to talk about Justin Timberlake and Tiger Woods. Have you heard about their collab? No? So Justin let's just put this in perspective. Okay, Justin Timberlake just recently got a DUI all the things or got arrested m Tiger Woods. We do understand his past. He got hit up side the head with a golf club. He had a d u I or two. They're opening up a bar in Scotland, in Scotland. In Scotland, Yes, they're opening up a bar in Scotland. Random. It's so random. Who knew there? We were friends. I heard Scotland has some good golf courses. Yes, oh yeah, okay, that makes sense for Tiger Woods, Yeah, and top justin he goes, but then open bar. Right, so what do we call the bar? I was thinking we call the bar Timberwood. That's cute, yes, okay, some of the comments we're calling the bar dui, Okay, that's not cute because we don't want people leaving with and getting dus. All right, but like if this happened, do you like timber Wood? Yeah? Okay, Well I'm just comforted.
Speaker 1: Like why sometimes people it's so random, do stuff that's just so random, but I think so unnecessary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like are they bored? Right, Like shouldn't they be concentrating on their game?
Speaker 1: In Scotland, of all places in Scotland, I'm sure it's not Scottsdale, Arizona.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, this is TMC. This is TMC. It says Scotland. It says Scotland saloon in Scotland. Yeah, in Scotland, not Scottsdale, Arizona. They called bar saloons. Yeah they do. I don't know.
Speaker 1: They call a lot of things different. They call the toilet the bathroom, yeah, the loo or toilet or toilet yeah yeah, lou you have to go to the lou or the toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you say ten one?
Speaker 1: No, Okay, that's more like a production thing it is, yeah.
Speaker 2: Which I didn't realize it, but I even though it's a production thing, I thought that like the world knew what ten one.
Speaker 1: Was, Okay, they don't know. I never knew what ten one was. I never heard ten one until filming Potomac and the producers like if we're like, oh, we got to do the bathroom, they're like, and the mic Robbins go.
Speaker 2: To ten one.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's like a military thing though. That sounds very military.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have said ten one and people like don't know what I'm talking about. Yeah, yeah, never tend to. No, No, you cannot tend to. So just and I know I've said this before, but like, so production comes into your homes. Yeah, and I've always told production, you cannot tend to in my house. So you've bed ten two somewhere else, find somewhere else at ten two. If y'all don't know what ten two is, you can figure it out, all right. So Rihanna is going to replace Charlie's Theron and become the new face of Dior. Oh I like that. Don't you think this is a conflict of interest for Rihanna. No, why Door has makeup? Do you she has? Fine? Okay? But is she the is it? Do your clothing? If it's just your clothing. So Charlie was the face and in my and I from what I understood, it was perfume, perfume, So yeah, Rihanna has perfume. Right. I'm thinking this is a little conflict in interest.
Speaker 1: Here, maybe this maybe maybe it's not necessarily replacing Charlie.
Speaker 2: But and she's doing clothing. She's doing clothes, but she has clothing. I think that this is this is this is not she She hasn't thought this out. I don't think she. I don't think Rihanna needs this. I think she should say no. I mean, she doesn't need it.
Speaker 1: But it's like if Door came to me and was like, oh you want to be our of course new face.
Speaker 2: Right, but you don't have the make up, the clothes, the perfume. What clothes? Does she have the launder?
Speaker 1: That's not a conflict with your what that's a conflict with fashion nov What about Wait a.
Speaker 2: Minute, I ain't no shade in fashion over, but I got I like, I got four things to say about fashion over four, because you know, I'm a I have fashion over things, and my kids are you know, they love some fashion over. So there's a girl I know, you know her too, and I was like, she had put on dress and I was and the tag was still in the dress. And I was like, oh girl, you you mean you got your tag in the dress? And so she was like she send it back to fashion. No wait now, so she said, she said, oh, you can take it off. I said no, I'm just gonna tuck it in just in case you want to send this back, right. I said that kind of as a joke, but now really she said, oh, well no, I don't need to send anything back. I'm gonna. I'm gonna ambassador for fashion. I just want her to it's not really a flex. You can get legit like fashion all because you can get an entire outfit for the entire summer for under two hundred dollars. Okay, So for you to be like, oh, I'm an Endulsa Nova, that's not a flex. No, I'm sorry. Door. If you if you are the face of Door, that is a flax.
Speaker 1: Flax that is, if I'm Rihanna, Yes, I don't care what Lingerie I have infinity and all of that.
Speaker 2: I am going to be the face of Door. Thank you. Okay, me too, No matter of fact, I take everything back I just said about Rihanna everything, Rihanna, do you but struss me.
Speaker 1: Rihanna will sell, she will, she will be Door and she will still sell her feny makeup without blanking.
Speaker 2: And now her hair. Yes, yes, okay, all right, we've got about the hair. Yeah, I'm not I'm not really here for the hair, but I'm here for the sacred hair. Okay. So we haven't in a very long time read some Is it reasonable or is it shady?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Have we We have not? We haven't. Okay, you guys keep sending them to us. Yes. And somebody said that we lied and we don't really get a lot of messages, right.
Speaker 1: Well, no, they said, we read messages from the people on the Ali Hawkins ol Hockens.
Speaker 2: We love the Ali Hockins family. Stop Hayton. Okay, anyway, this is from time, hi ladies. Okay, So this is a reasonaby, it's it shady, Okay, I just this is shady. Okay. So I have three daughters, yeah, and they're all going to college. Yea, and my daughter who has already been in college, Grace, she applied for her house zing two months ago or before she even left the school, some maybe like in March, and it was like confirmed, right two weeks ago. They said she don't have housing. No only does she not have housing, but six hundred other children don't have housing. Why I don't acting. No, And they're sending out links for off campus housing. Oh no, So I'm like, make it makes sense? Are they overcrowded? They're like, we have to take care of our freshmen. Oh what, So the long and the short of it is, don't make okay. I put her father on that. I'm just gonna because I don't want to talk about this HBCU because I want to stay in you know, because hbc uses what we need to be doing out here in these streets. I'm just saying, but this is a mess. Okay. Anyway, that's what's going on. So my group chat is going off right now, and it's Jamal Bryant and Grace. They're going because we're getting textas about what's going on. Anyway. All right, let's move on. It'll work out, you think, so, yes, But see, she really this is the thing she really wants to be on campus because she wants to be in the mix. Right. So, and it's like you're off campus the car, you have to get a car, furnish this place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely think you shouldn't move off campus until at least your junior year, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you did everything you were supposed to do, which was apply for your housing and all that, all that, then you should get the housing. Okay. So back to the story of tie Hi, Ladies, I have lived in luxury in my luxury apartment for four years. Every year I submit a request to have my walls touched up and paint, not a complete paint job, just to touch up on the corners and stuff. This year, after I submitted the request, the maintenance team dropped a bucket of paint off to my door. No paint brush or nothing, just a half used bucket of paint. They eventually picked it up after I left it there, or they left it there for a couple of nights and they eventually picked it up. So I submitted another request. Ladies, they not only closed the second request out as completed, but my walls are still not painted. Are they being reasonable or shady? I don't want to come across as paint man, but I really want to curse their asses out. What would y'all do?
Speaker 1: That is insane? So your apartment needs to be painted? Yeah, and they and you tell the apartment management and they said, here's.
Speaker 2: A bucket of paint, do it yourself. What that's wild? Yeah? No, that's crazy. And why would they even trust the tenant to be able to do a good job.
Speaker 1: Drop the bucket of paint off? And this is a luxury apartment.
Speaker 2: This it's not that shit. We should okay, So ty, we want you to know you don't live in you don't live in a luxury that's true. That's number one, right, okay, And we might be being shady, but that's number one. There's no luxury here. And number two, yes they're being shady.
Speaker 1: That's crazy because for them to say, okay, well let me drop the let me give him paint, that means you know that it's your responsibility, yes, right, yes. Otherwise if it's not your responsibility, then don't even give him the paint, right, so he knows your reponsibility. But they're gonna just just think that he's going to do it. That's so crazy.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 1: You know they are, Yes, they're whack, they're cheap, they are not luxury.
Speaker 2: You need to tell them about themselves, tell them they're not luxury. Yes, cuss them out, to talk to the management. Yeah, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, is this one of those things where it's like, Okay, the only thing that will really make a change is if you publicly, you know, write reviews.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe, but I do kind of want to know. Why do you need to get your place painted every year? Is that what he's that? Yeah, I've been in my apartment for four years. Every year I still been a request to have my walls touched up. Like, why do you need your walls touched up? What are you doing in that house that you need your walls touched up every year? That's a good question, and right, it's actually not the responsibility to touch it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it's not their responsibility to touch it up. It would be more so their responsibility that that's their responsibility when you move out, Yes, to paint over for the next Senate. Okay, that's it would be their responsibility. If there was some sort of damage, yes, that you caused, Well, no, that that wasn't his fault that they like. So say, there was like a leak from upstairs, right or whatever. I don't know, some sort of damage, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you know what, you know what time we changed an itune on this whole thing? Did I missed that part where he said every year I submit a request? Why so really they just let because you do this every year and you're really not supposed to. They just gave you a bucket of paint and said, ball out right, yeah, do it yourself.
Speaker 1: So so what they The reason why they gave him the bucket of paint was Okay, this is the color that matches your wall? Yes, not you know, oh here, it's our responsibility. Yeah, let me do it for you. Yeah you know what. Time it's not and now responsibility to touch your wall?
Speaker 2: No, it's not. And now I'm back to this is a luxury apartment, right, and you're acting crazy? Right?
Speaker 1: Why do you if your walls need that's yeah, if your walls need to be touched up every year?
Speaker 2: First of all, what are you doing? Yeah? What are you doing? Are you just just what are you doing? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And is it because you're moving furniture, you're you know, brushing up against the wall. You're touching them off your hands.
Speaker 2: That's not their fault, that's not their fault. Clean your hands, how about that? Wash your hands, sticky hands? And no, you shouldn't be cussing nobody out. Matter of fact, you should get cussed out. Yeah, Ti, Okay, So we have nine rude habits you don't realize that you're doing every day. Rob. I don't think I should read this because I think I do them all. You probably do, I know. Just okay, So this is nine rude habits that everyone does that you don't even know you being rude.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right? Skipping introductions, huh?
Speaker 2: Like what you mean?
Speaker 1: So if you if you are with another person and you run into someone that you know, and you're talking to that person and you don't introduce the person that you're with to the person that you run into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really do that. You I'll intrody. It will depends.
Speaker 1: So I get stuck sometimes because a lot of people I don't know the other person's name.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's true, you know, but that's a way for you to find out the name I.
Speaker 1: Know, right, yeah, like oh hey this is my friend. Yeah, you know, Susie and then Susie being like, yeah, I'm Susie, and then the other person says.
Speaker 2: This is their name. Yes, that's the Yeah, you can figure that. I feel like, if I don't care about you, right then why am I making these introductions? Right?
Speaker 1: But sometimes it's like uncomfortable if you're sitting there, you're there with you're with a friend, and then someone comes up to you, you meet someone whatever, and it's uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: That person's just like kind of like standing there. Yeah. I always feel like how long the conversation lasts, Like, if it's if it's a thirty second er, we don't have to do all this intro intro exactly. Yeah, but if it's a long conversation, yeah, yeah you might yeah, I might want to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm I'm I go both ways with that. I'm guilty of that showing up empty empty handed. So if you show up to like an event at someone's house and you don't bring.
Speaker 2: Gift, okay, so that I don't think that's true. I don't think so Okay, I come to your house Robin all the time, right, I'm not bringing anything but my smile.
Speaker 1: Right, But that is like you're coming. Okay, I'm guilty of this. Call me ruth then, because first of all, I feel like it depends on what the occasion is. Okay, if it's someone's birthday, okay, you show up with a little small gift or whatever. But if it's just like, hey, I'm having a group of people over, let's get together. I don't necessarily think everyone needs to bring something.
Speaker 2: No. No, And if it's okay, So if it's all like a housewarming or whatever, like if it's the first time you're at somebody's house, I think you should bring something. I think every time after that it's up to you, right, So the first time, if you don't, you're rude. Yeah, okay, it says.
Speaker 1: Even a personalized thank you card goes a long way. It can be a bouquet, a bottle of wine, or a batch of homemade cookies. Yeah, I'm not doing all that. No, And honestly, if I'm bringing you like a bottle of anything, it's just something that I'm not drinking.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 1: I'm adding junk to your Actually I did that recently. Fourth of July, some friends invited us over and I was like, oh, you know, should I bring anything, and she's like, oh, you know, I got it. No, you don't need to bring anything, but if you want to bring whatever you're drinking. Fine. So I grabbed a bottle of mescal that someone gifted to me, and.
Speaker 2: I transferred it to her house. Okay, because I'm not going to drink it. You could have given it to me. I drink it anyway. Do you have any more?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: Who'd you get it from? Aaron? Yeah? Oh okay, okay. So you know I saw her recently from New York Housewives of New York, and I well, first of all, Eric or somebody, No, No, Queen's a Bravo high Queens of Brava. We love you, Hi. Queens of told her that I love mescal. So she DMS me. She was like, I heard you love mescal. I'm like, who told you that? And I thought it was Eric because Eric's working on that show. So and then I was even like it couldn't have been Eric, she said, Queen to Bravo. I'm like, how did Queen to Bravo know this? So she sent me a couple of hours okay, and I was also grateful. So the other day we were at the little party and she was like, yeah, they served my stuff here at the venue, and I was like perfect two for me. And so yeah I saw her stuff, so I should have given it to you. Yeah, yeah I got it. And Watch What Happens Live, like she put it in like all the dressing rooms. Yes, yes, she took coming. And I didn't know that that was her putting it in the room. I didn't know that was her own company. So once it all came together, I was like, girl, you have totally hooked me up because one time I gave Jay, well Jason really took the one from Watch What Happens High.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, I have it all up in my house, thank you Eron. Okay, So you like so mescal is not tequila, right.
Speaker 2: Messcut is like small it's even better. Okay, it's even better than the tequila. It's a very small batch and the way that they cook it up or whatever, it's just it's like the finest of the fine. Oh okay, yeah you like it? I do. And it's smoky. Okay, So it gives it makes me feel like I'm important when I drink it, because I am.
Speaker 1: I gave mine away.
Speaker 2: Great Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm guilty of this. Using speakerphone in public. I am so guilty of the.
Speaker 2: Me Why is that rude?
Speaker 1: Because I guess no one wants to hear your conversation. It says, just because you're enthralled in your conversation doesn't mean the entire room is. Whether in a waiting room, workplace, or home with other family members, keeping your call to yourself is polite. If you simply can't stand holding the phone to your ear, invest in some in some headphones. I cannot stand headphones. I can't stand air pods.
Speaker 2: They've hurt my ears, right, They're uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: And then I don't want to hold the phone to my ear because I don't want the radio waves from the phone next to my.
Speaker 2: Ear or making up mess up your makeup or something. Yeah, I'm on speakerphone all the time. Yeah, me too, Me too.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's we're rude.
Speaker 2: We're rude. Okay, Okay. Texting while walking is considered rude. Wait a minute, I can't do that anymore, guys, I cannot. I have to stop if I'm texting, Yeah, I have to stop walking. Yeah, I can't do both. It's like chewing gum and walking. Remember they back in the days, they used to be like, she's so dumb. She the time. Guess what I must be done because I can't text and walk. I cannot.
Speaker 1: I would say, it's not safe, it's not smart, it's really not even do it. Yeah, yeah, I don't advise to do it. And I'm really like I'm not I'm usually not in a place in a scenario where I'm texting and walking, like yeah, it feels like okay, you're walking through like New York City and you're texting and walking.
Speaker 2: And you walk and your your head is down and you're running into people. Yeah, yeah, no, I'm not doing I can't do it. This one. I do for sure. Checking your phone while driving, yes, yes, And I can text and drive, which you should not to do that, yes, but I cannot walk and text, right exactly, don't do that. But it is.
Speaker 1: Annoying when you're at a light and the person at the front is like looking down on their phone and the light changes, especially like if it's like a left turn arrow and they freaking you know, they're sitting there and you're like realizing that their their light is green and they're sitting there because they're on their phone and you're talking and the finally they go and then everyone else is stuck at the light.
Speaker 2: Yes rude, Yes that should be on the list. Is that on the list?
Speaker 1: That's a result of checking your phone while driving forgetting please and thank you? Yes, that is super rude, very courteous, great manners. However, yes, I see, so oh this could have been a state of moment. Okay, leaving Chipotle okay, and you.
Speaker 2: Had your full order.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, someone in my family I'm not going to name their name could be me wand wand it could be Corey Carter.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I said one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, they held they we were walking out and they were holding they held the door open for the person that was walking behind us. Okay, and the person walked through and didn't say thanks.
Speaker 2: No, And then what did the person holding the door do? Said, uh huh, well, damn, you can say thank you. That was one what And then the person walking through was like, I didn't ask you to hold the door for me. Holding the door it was it was a thing. It was a thing that could have been a shady moment. Yes, okay, Like I literally had to like get in the middle and say can you walk away? Yeah? Can you leave? I mean he was like you you must be hung you haven't eaten yet? Have you? Like you madus? You hungry? Oh my god. It was a whole thing. That would have been a whole thing, but because the dude refused to say thank you. Oh it was a guy. It was guy.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So this is even worse because definitely, yes, you see a man holding the door for you, just you should you should be like, oh thanks, thanks, man something something, and you say nothing, and then you can catch your attitude about it. Yes, that could have gone to blows.
Speaker 1: That's why I had to step in and say that could have gone to blow?
Speaker 2: Yes, Now was he by himself the guy? Yes? No, he had lost that fight.
Speaker 1: He was very sassy.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, he would have lost that fight. Actually, I want to see that go down. I'm the worst. Okay. So I so somebody recently told me that she was like, does I always have to protect you out here in these streets because the man at the gas station said that, you know, you're so rude to him. I said, you're lying.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: First of all, there's only one man at the the the gas stations that I go to there's a man the gas station I go to all the time, there's a man there, and we always wait, hey, how you doing, you need anything? You look good? A says okay, thank you. Yeah, okay. So and you don't live in my neighborhood, right, So there's that. But I take pride and the fact that I'll always say please and thank you. So stop lying on me. Yes, okay, I'm done, And y'all will see that on it even nine the Real Housewives. But I'll make And.
Speaker 1: I can't stand when well maybe you will, I don't know, you know how they edit shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I can't stand when I go, like say, I'm going up to like an establishment, a person's like ringing me out or whatever, and they they don't say hello, you know, they just they just say, you know, can't take your order, or or even they just start ringing your stuff and they don't speak.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, damn, hi, how are you like? I feak? I'm always I'm most often the one that has to initiate. Yes, okay, Yeah, that's we need to do better as a society.
Speaker 1: Yes, especially if you're working in a service position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of like your job and you're the customer. The customers always.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Using your cell phone while ordering is considered rude.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how you do that. How do you use your cell phone and order? I kind of like, okay.
Speaker 1: This happens mainly at counter service locations in their prime time for taking personal calls. So sometimes you get a phone, like say to say you're ordering something. You're a Starbucks and you're about to order a coffee in your phone and your phone rings, or you're on the phone and you're like, oh, yeah, blah blah blahlah. Oh can I get a yeah girl? And blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, Okay, okay, sure, that's rude. Okay. So I was on a date and me and a guy were like walking into the restaurant and I had it. I was on an important phone call important in my I don't know who else talked to. I was just support. I mean I was on the phone, so that should tell you it was important.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we walking into a restaurant and before we walk in the restaurant, he stops me. He's like should we wait? Wait for what? So he was like, I was like, no, we like, we need to go sit down. So we get I'm still on the phone. I'm on the phone. We sit in our seat. I'm still on the phone a little bit. I'm wrapping it up. I'm off the phone. He was like, that's the rudest shit I've ever seen. I was like, what are you talking about? So he was like, he just walking to a restaurant being on the phone. Oh, how many dates you've been on with this person? Oh? He's gone okay. So I was like, but it's kind of true. It's not how was I didn't go up to the lady and say, Hi, we're here for our reservation, right, we did that. I didn't interface with anyone. He's like, you can't walk through a restaurant on the phone. Why can't you. I wasn't talking. I was actually listening. So I yeah, we're clearly not together. But I didn't I thought that that was rude. I didn't think I was being rude, right.
Speaker 1: But I can see I can see where it's like, Okay, maybe you didn't think you were being rude, but I can see where it's advised not to do it.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Where it's just like, okay, certain things that you probably shouldn't really do, and it can be perceived as rude or you know, just like not being aware of your surroundings.
Speaker 2: Right. But I've seen people walk into restaurants and they're actually on their phone, and I don't find them rude. I don't I'm not connected to them, I'm not talking to them, I don't write them. Yeah, it doesn't matter to me. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean I think it's like, Okay, if you walk in and someone's seating you, and you know, if the service.
Speaker 2: Like, oh how are you and you're on your phone, yeah, that's different on whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, But but if he was handling that, then it's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: I can see it kind of.
Speaker 1: And his panties were in his but he probably was just in his feelings that you were on the phone anyway, Yeah that's what he was.
Speaker 2: So just say that, yeah, and get your panties out your butt. Yeah, okay, anyway, moving on, But.
Speaker 1: In our society where the phone has just been such a part of our society, I think we do need to cut back on how prevalent it is when we are out in public.
Speaker 2: True, Okay, how do you feel about Buster Rhymes at the Essence Festival? What happened so Buster Rhymes is he's at Essence? Have you ever been in Essence? No? Okay, so at Essence? You you know, you're up there and you are doing your thing, and the crowd is not necessarily your crowd, right because they're not buying tickets to see you. They're they're buying tickes to see everybody, so they might not be in tuned to your who what you are? Okay. So I think he felt like he wasn't getting enough crowd participation. So he was like all those everybody holding up his cell phone, put it down. Put it down, right, come from back in the day. Nobody have no phones. Put them he called them something, put them brillion holders down or something. So everybody was like, okay, it's good time to go to the bathroom, right, like it's not now time for a snack break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the camera phones too, Let's get back to interacting like humans. Put them where the devices is down. I ain't from that era, thank you very much. I won't point every last one of y'all out until y'all last out. Thirty three years of doing this used to be sitting down and myself, I don't give.
Speaker 2: Before so he kept screaming at the crowd and he shouldn't. Oh wow, I missed that. Yeah, actually just do your set, yeah, and and keep it pushing. I get I mean, I understand what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that, and I'm sure. But right, that's a different crowd. It's like people are there to see not necessarily him. They're probably just waiting to see somebody else for him. But but if he's performing, if he's used to performing the crowds that choose to be there for him, then maybe they're a little more engaged. And he's just like felt like he was like performing for himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was doing the most. But like if you're if you're if that is your job, if you're a performer, entertainer in any capacity, you have to adapt to the sign of the times. Yeah. So, like Beyonce's screaming, put your phone down, don't be videotaping me? Like no, right, Actually it brings more exposure to you, sir.
Speaker 1: Right if so, was it that they were like recording him or they were like just looking on their phone scrolling Instagram?
Speaker 2: They're recording him? So he's like, that's distracting to Oh okay.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like they were just like looking on their phone, like what they were probably doing.
Speaker 2: That took Yeah, because because busted, you haven't had a new hit in yeah, how many years? A long time.
Speaker 1: But I feel like if he performs the hits that we know that's going to make people.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so do that so making people go, get take a snack break?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, okay going, But yeah, if they're recording, you let him record, you say. I saw something recently A couple more. I saw something recently where a bride was walking down the aisle and she was telling people put your phones down, put your phones down. She wasn't she wasn't being rude about it, but she was like she wanted them to be in the moment.
Speaker 2: So she should have taken because I've been to weddings and they've taken my phone. Yeah, so she should have done that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't think you have to go that far, but I think maybe you can. You can have your host when when people when they're seating people, when people walk in and say, you know, the bride.
Speaker 2: Would love for you to be just fully engaged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, immersed in the experience that we're gonna video it if you want video later, but you know, please don't use use your phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think. I don't really.
Speaker 1: Agree with a regular person. You probably were at a celebrities wedding when they took your phone.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily, but I just felt like it was written. Yeah, and it was. It was in the invitation and when it was when you got there, it was written. It was like, did they take it? I've been the two one they took it. The other one they said, please do not take pictures, Please do not take any video or pictures or whatever, because then you're posting and they don't have the opportunity to post first or whatever. So I respected that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and that makes sense. I just I don't think. I don't think you should take them. But I do think there's nothing wrong with the bride or the you know, the bridal party or whatever saying like, you know, please don't have your phones out, Please save that moment for us.
Speaker 2: If I was invited to your wedding, I would have taped the entire take the end, And that's why you weren't. Oh no, I'm joking. Okay, but okay, next, not.
Speaker 1: Tipping enough win in doubt, tip at least twenty percent if someone is preparing and serving your meal.
Speaker 2: No, no, it says, twenty is at win in doubt, win in doubt, tip twenty. No, twenty is like you're doing good. Yeah it's twenty Okay, tell me how you tip? Okay, yeah, but if.
Speaker 1: And honestly, it's because twenty is easy for me to calculate. It's not you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm not like, oh, let me do eighteen percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what if you're at You're at Chipotle?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, no, no, no, So then it says for takeout, you might get await with tipping a little less because you aren't getting dining service. But remember restaurant workers count on these tips for their livelihood. So yeah, yeah, that's more so for like someone is preparing and serving your meal, right twenty Yeah, but at at like a Chipotle, I don't know, I mean zero shit or sometimes a couple dollars. Yeah, sometimes I'll do it like okay, if I'm at like how many things did you prepare?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So it's like if I order four bowls. Then I'll give you four dollars, you know, like.
Speaker 2: They got a dollar bowl. Okay, but how about a taxi ride? Because this has happened to me recently.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I share this. The taxi It was in New York and the option was like thirty yes, forty percent, yes, forty five?
Speaker 2: Upset? Where is twenty percent? Where is fifteen? Where is I'm gonna give you a dollar player?
Speaker 1: And I think they they try to they do that for the people who are too lazy to like think. You know, it's like so people just pick a number. No, but it's like no that she said thirty. It started at thirty percent.
Speaker 2: I don't account. Yeah, yeah, it's enough, I said, no, I said where is ten, fifteen and twenty? Yes? For first of all, taxi driver, this is what you do. You didn't do anything extra here, right, You just got me to where I was supposed to go, right, okay? Moving on?
Speaker 1: Yes, and then lastly, wearing too much perfume. Some individuals are sensitive to certain smells, and sitting next to someone doused in a half a bottle of perfume can be downright painful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that that that depends upon what is the perfume? Yeah? Yeah, if it's Gina Ta or Avon or something Calvin Klein, the first oration, it's enough. Ye. But if it's something high end that smells really good whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how many sprays is too much?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But I spray twenty at least all over my body. I'm spraying, and I'm spraying different kinds, like I like all my perfume. You're saying you layer, Yeah, you spray at least twenty okay, wait, hold on, see that would give me a headache. Okay, how many is that? Wow? Okay, that's one. I put it down and then I take another. I'm like, that's okay, so it's probably ten ten really? Yeah? Oh wow?
Speaker 1: And this is this on your clothes or on your just on my it's both?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that's like toxic. You know you're not really supposed to put perfume on your skin. Is because there's toxins in the perfume.
Speaker 2: Not my perfume. Okay, My perfume is a very what's the word e spensy okay, spensive? All right, anyway, we're out of here, guys. We love y'all.
Speaker 3: So much.
Speaker 2: Don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or shady. We're both. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen
Speaker 2: To your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.