Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren Zema coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas. And it is week two of Taylor Gate. I thought, you know, this story might kind of just go off into the ether. But last night we're taping this on Monday. It is Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 2: Sunday Night Taylor.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm Sunday Night Taylor. It is Taylor Swift at New York to see the Kansas City Chiefs and of course Travis Kelcey play the New York Jets. And the entire broadcast started off with Taylor Swift talking about Taylor Swift. We go to the sideline reporter to talk about Taylor Swift. It is her walking into the game. It is a huge, huge deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I did not think it was just going to go away, but I thought it can go one of two ways. If they're really starting to kind of date each other, then she's going to be at this game, and she's going to be at subsequent games, and they're going to totally play into this. If it was just a one time publicity thing and they were kind of given the fans a little show and both capitalizing on it, but you know, all in good fun. Then it would have been a one off. So now I think it's real and they're really starting to date.
Speaker 1: Well, I just thought, Taylor Swift is a busy woman, and you know, she's.
Speaker 2: Taking a break right now before the world stops of her tour, before the internationaliste.
Speaker 1: You know how it is when you are the most influential, the most famous woman in the world. Even though you're on a break, you're not on a break. She's doing a million things, probably shooting commercials and all this stuff. So I just figured, is she going to have time to go to New York and show up at a games?
Speaker 2: What's a better commercial? I know, for her upcoming theatrical release of her documentary and for her world tour stops. What's better press? Then? Isn't Sunday Night Football the biggest television event period.
Speaker 1: Sunday Night Football is huge, The ratings are massive.
Speaker 2: It has ever beat Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 1: It involved the biggest network market in the world, New York City. She's in the big Apple. Obviously, she has a song, so it worked out perfect.
Speaker 2: Welcome to New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Welcome to New York, Taylor Swift. And so here's the thing about the size the scope of Taylor Swift. And I know, look, I got both sides of the coin. People are like, I'm so done with this. I don't care. But here's the fascinating thing to me. Lots of celebrities, tons of celebrities go to football games every week. Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds, and Hugh Jackman show up to this game. I know they're with Taylor, but if they had just shown up, I don't think anyone would have ever known.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Nobody would care.
Speaker 2: You might hear about it, like on the team's accounts, but it wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is cut away whatever, but the fact that Taylor's Swift is overshadowing it is. It's why, honestly, the Bachelor Bachelorette worked for twenty years, and it never goes away. We have an insatiable appetite for all things love. When we used to like Harry and Megan, Remember when the world really liked Harry and Meghan.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I missed those days. It was a positive time.
Speaker 1: Remember when they But when we all believed in this love story and she's becoming a process.
Speaker 2: The actress becoming a royal. Yes, it was beautiful America and Britain reuniting is yes, before.
Speaker 1: We kind of found out what they were really like and we were like scratching our head, going, what who are these people? That we had this insatiable appetite to devour this love story, this romance. You flew to London for this, I mean it changed everything.
Speaker 2: To clarify, I was covering the royal wedding. I wasn't like a stalker.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's what I mean for entertainment tonight. But I mean that's the attention it drew. So we have this appetite for all things love. So I think deep down we are all hopeful for a great love story, and the theater of it all has drawn us in. Whether you're male, female, young, old, football, non football, this transcends all that because it goes back to the core thing we all desire love, a great love story.
Speaker 2: It's a love story. Maybe just say yes that's a Taylor Swift song. No I got that? Yeah, No, Look I completely agree with you, and who better to speak on this topic than you. You sold love and I don't mean that in a like a gross way, but people want to buy it. For twenty years he was a p It's okay, And now I will give you one caveat on that though. Yes, this is Taylor Swift. That's also why this is so big. I mean, Taylor Swift is the biggest star in the world right now. And if it was, say, let's go back to your example thing, don't okay. Taylor Swift also had Sabrina Carpenter, that was another friend of hers in the stands with her last night, and she I believe a single right now. If Sabrina Carpenter, who has tens of millions of followers, who's a famous singer, actress, but if she was in the stands for dating a football player.
Speaker 1: Dating traveler for the Jets, Zach Wilson.
Speaker 2: Of course it wouldn't be on this level. This is love, yes, but it's also Taylor Swift. And you kind of got a little You got some heat last night on Instagram A little I didn't get you. You got some back and forth, yeah, because you know, I mean not you were I mean you were getting into a theater.
Speaker 1: Well here's the thing, my I want to believe in this. You know me. I love love and I'm and I love Taylor Swift. I'm a big Swift ye. I love this story. I do. I love the theater of it all, and I love the love story that I'm hopeful for. When I saw Taylor and they did the typical cutaway and they rolled, Mike Turrico mentions this, so this is clearly scripted and set up. Mike Ico sets this up with a cutaway going to commercial break. They rolled right in to an era's tour movie promo. So clearly Okay, well let me stop there, because when I kind of caught heat, people were coming at me saying, oh, you think Taylor Swift needs promo? You think she needs the publicity. I got this comment because you. So this is a direct message from Let's see who is this from. This is from Sally who says she doesn't need the promotion of her new movie. Are you kidding me that you don't comprehend how big of a following she has. She certainly doesn't need to go to the NFL to promote her new movie. It's sold out in most theaters the first two days of showings. Sally, I understand how big Taylor Swift is. I get it. She is the most famous person in the world, but that doesn't negate the fact the promo ran on Sunday night football. I'm not making this up. I'm not saying I wonder if they thought about it. I saw the promo. They ran an advertisement. Somebody paid to have that commercial run after a cutaway of Taylor Switzer.
Speaker 2: And Taylor and her family have financed this movie privately on their own, So the only person paying for promo of the movie is Taylor. This isn't a studio.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's distributing the.
Speaker 2: They did a direct deal with theaters and her family did, so they have to be clear. It is a special case. They have gone completely outside the traditional route of creating and promoting a movie. Studios are not involved. Taylor. Her dad negotiated these deals. He's a finance guy. They financed the movie themselves, and they did a direct deal with theaters.
Speaker 1: So someone either her or on her team, said hey, let's take advantage of this. Now. Is that a bad thing? No, it's not. Can two things be true at once? And that is my main point today, Yes, two things can very much be true. She could be having the time of her life. She could be finding new love and I think that's where this is. I don't think they're in love yet. This is flirty and fun. And the way she was kind of talking to Blake Lively at the end of the game, it was like kind of two high school girls crushing on a boy and it was really cute. But two things can be true at once. She can be savvy as hell, which she is and say, hey, let's run a promo for the Eras Tour movie. So to those swifty fans that are immediately defensive of don't come at me with this. The commercial ran, it ran twice. They then went to a big time square shot of the Eras movie. So they're promoting it, which is wonderful. It's smart, and I think Taylor Swift or someone on our team said, Hey, the NFL is for sure taking advantage of us. They're promoting the crap out of you being there. How about we do the same.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you one hundred percent? And I would point out what's the most storied brand drink brand in America?
Speaker 1: Coke?
Speaker 2: Coke Coke. We learned about this when I was in advertising classes in journalism school, we learned about coke because Coke has like the most well known Maybe Coke and Nike have the most applauded ad campaigns in the history of American brands. Coca Cola never stops advertising. You see commercials for Coca Cola, and that's part of their secret and why they've maintained their success for so long, because everybody knows what a coke is. You grow up knowing coke, but you still see commercials, and that's part of it. It's if you feed it, it grows. The machine keeps going, and I.
Speaker 1: Think images in your mind of what coke means.
Speaker 2: Yes, Taylor's being very smart right now. She's she knows. I mean, listen, that's another thing swifty fans should know. What Swifty fans all say is nothing by accident. So if you think that Taylor's not doing anything by accident, which I agree she isn't, she's brilliant. Yes, if you think that Taylor Swift plans everything, I mean she says that in her songs. Her lyrics say, you know, nothing is by accident. I do this, I write lists, I plan it all. Well, then of course she's planning all this, and like you said two things can be true. I think probably Travis Kelsey had rather adorably pursued her publicly. Taylor thought, hey, you know, okay, I'll give this guy a try and see what there it goes, and then maybe it's growing into something real now and maybe also, of course they should both take advantage of it. Of course, why wouldn't you. The thing is he he is guarantee like like they actually kind of can't be too private with this. I think because he's in the middle of a season, he's gonna be on television. If you want to go support him, you gotta go to the game, So it's sort of a little bit unavoidable unless they want to totally take this into dark corners. But I think Taylor with Joe Alwin, I think that whole relationship was in dark corners, right, And maybe she's sick of that. Maybe she's like, you know what, I just want to have fun.
Speaker 1: I want to live out loud. Yeah, and she has somebody who can live out loud with her. Yes, he can embrace this. It's not going to tarnish his career, his life.
Speaker 2: She's trying something new here. She's done the I'm dating actors and singers. In fact, that's all she's ever done, and she's dated people in her industry. She's trying something new, she's having fun, she's totally embracing it, bringing a bunch of her best friends to the game having a good time. And you know what, I listen. Also, I'm not trying to be judgmental or anything, but the fact is Taylor Swift has had only breakups up till this point. So try something new. Maybe this new VI's work out.
Speaker 1: I used to say that when people came on The Bachelor, you've tried everything up to this point. Let's try somebody new. Let's try something new, break out of your comfort zone. And I applaud Taylor because whatever is behind this, whatever's going on, she is trying something new. And I think that's always healthy in life to kind of shake the snow globe up a little bit. And I love the residual bounce, you know. The Travis Kelcey of at All people Come, you know, came at me and my direct message of saying, well, nobody's talking about Travis kelce and how he's benefiting. Of course he is. Everybody's talking about this. Travis Kelcey is on this train as well.
Speaker 2: Totally. He had commercials in there or whatever brands he's working with, they bought more ads because he's having a moment. For sure.
Speaker 1: They went from Travis Kelce catching a ball last night to a Taylor Swift cutaway to a commercial break that two of the commercials had Travis Kelce in them.
Speaker 2: And he knows what he's doing. At that first game, he wore the nineteen eighty nine matching jeans and jacket suit thing.
Speaker 1: Nothing is on accident, as you said. And by the way, he might even be calling Taylor saying, hey, tell me what I should be doing, because you are the marketing genius. And so now he is benefiting. Of course he's benefiting his mom. Donna is benefiting his mom. Donna was great.
Speaker 2: Look, I'll admit it, I'll own it. I am no sports fan. For the first time in my life, I sat down to watch a football game on television. That is the power of Taylor Swift. Yeah, and what was a little upsetting. And I spoke about this on Instagram and many of you seem to relate. Now, I thought they showed Taylor Swift very little, but you, as a sports fan, seem to think they showed her quite a lot. Do you think sports fans felt like it was too much? Are they annoyed? I'm in the camp of give the people what they want. I have only tuned in for Taylor. Your ratings are spiking because I'm tuning in for Taylor.
Speaker 1: I think they did a good job. I thought they hit a nice balance. Turned out to be a damn good football game, so they had to and they did a good job.
Speaker 2: So they actually had to cover the game right.
Speaker 1: They actually had to go. I think they were going to probably lean on Taylor more, but then the game turned out to be good, so they leaned back into the game, and at that point you can't go always back to Taylor. I think they could have actually done more. I think early on they could have done more. They could have hung on those shots a little more. Everybody wanted to see who else was in the suite. I mean her with Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds right there, Brittany Mahomes was there. That's the quarterback's wife.
Speaker 2: Ryan brought.
Speaker 1: Hugh Jackman, and Hugh Jackman is there.
Speaker 2: Hugh Jackman freshly single, sad story, I mean they had a long marriage. That makes me upset, but you looking good?
Speaker 1: Is Hugh there also looking for love?
Speaker 2: Sophie Turner was there? I mean Taylor has again. She tells us what to think in her song lyrics. She says me a picture me with your ex wife in one of her songs, Sophie Turner Joe Jonas's ex. They have been thick as thieves as of late. Loved that she brought Sophie. She had a whole crew there. What I think they should have done they had to know and the NFL overall has been really smart about this, like using their Twitter accounts saying NFL Taylor's version all that. They've been clever and fun and smart. But I thought the mistake they made was in the beginning of the game, before the game really got going. They should have shown more Taylor there because you also had people like me tuning in to see her in the beginning. For sure, No matter what, I didn't last the whole game, and we probably weren't going.
Speaker 1: You definitely should have leaned on.
Speaker 2: It more, lean in in the beginning and then let it go.
Speaker 1: It was Yeah, I thought they could have done a little better. I think, you know, I get the director is probably sitting in the booth going, oh, man, you know, is this too much? I don't want to piss off all the football fans, but I felt the same way watching you. There are so many teenage girls, there are so many wives, and look, I know there are plenty of women out there that love football, so they're tuning in. But there were a lot of people watching last night that don't love football. Give them what they want early on, feed them because we're all going to sit there and watch the football game anyway.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a new audience and it's not like.
Speaker 1: We missed a play or anything like that. It reminds me again of being on the show and a couple gets engaged on the show and people immediately say, oh, they're never gonna last, they're going to break up. Well, you know what the percentages are with you, They are going against the dice. The percentages show that they will break up, that they're not gonna make it, because most couples don't. It's hard. That's why we want to believe in love. That's why we want to see love stories so much. So it's so easy to be negative and say they're not going to make it, because that's what the percentages say so, I always just said this when someone got engaged on the show. How about we just root for them? How about we just root for love and root for them and support them, have fun with it, you know, stay on top of it and enjoy this story for what it is, or ignore it if you want to. But I always just said, how about we just believe in it and enjoy it while it lasts, and then let it happen. It's just easy to be so negative.
Speaker 2: I am rooting for it in the stands. I am rooting for it as a fan, you know, not for the game, but for the game of love.
Speaker 1: I'm cheering for I can't wait. And here's the thing. I can't wait to see what's next. That's how I know this is a powerful story because I already can't wait to see what the next chapter is, and we'll be talking about it. We also need to talk about a big week that you had.
Speaker 2: Yes, our love story, Oh my gosh, we're getting into it with like, you know, we're really kind of winding down here to the wedding, and we're having different wedding celebrations and activities and our wonderful local friends here in Austin that we've made over the past year of living here. They said to me, look, Lauren, the lady said, we love to throw your bridle shower. I said, that is so kind. You don't have to like we want to. I said, well, here's the thing. I don't want a bridle shower. I know thyself. I don't want what if people get at bridle showers. First of all, let me go on a small rant. Bridal showers typically during the day. I don't like a daytime party. Maybe there are a couple and no, no, you know what, no, never mind. If I'm on a boat, I want a sunset cruise. I don't want a tailgate during the day for a football game. If I have to do that, I want it to be at night. I'll be honest. I don't like to go to a baby shower during the day. To me, and I don't want to go to a bridle shower. When you have those events during the day, it takes up the whole day. I say, bridle shower happy hour, it should always be in the evening. That's point one point two. Do you agree with me? Can you think of one drinking or partying activity you like to do during the day.
Speaker 1: No, you know me, I'm with you. That's one of the things we definitely bond on. We're not big day drinkers. We're not big partiers. During the day.
Speaker 2: I'd like to get up, workout, do my stuff, and then like have.
Speaker 1: A cop I like to enjoy my day. And then yeah, because.
Speaker 2: When you drink during the day, then your whole night's over. Then you because you're like, I've been drinking, I'm done. Yeah, okay, So I said that, and then I said, I don't want a bridle shower because what do you typically get at a bridle shower? And blenders, KitchenAid mixers, a.
Speaker 1: Nice crock pot, a pressure cooker.
Speaker 2: It's generally home in kitchen appliances, and I haven't. You don't even let me cook anymore. You think I burn the pants or well you do. Actually there's receipts. So I don't want any of that. And my friend Wendy said, what about a lingerie shower? I said, Wendy, that wasn't even really something I'd heard of or thought of. If you all have, maybe these used to be bigger. If not, let's bring them back. It was so much fun. It was a nighttime event. They had my favorite tequila, Siemprey Tequila. Try it if you haven't. It's a beautiful, clean tequila brand, well priced and so good. Also, they have little roses on your preservatives.
Speaker 1: Very clean.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very cute for us because their labels of roses. So I love it. And they had like fun games but not gross. It was the ladies got together in the evening. They had a balloon arch for days.
Speaker 1: The incredibly the layout. I dropped you off and uh so I could pick you up later so you wouldn't drive. It was amazing. They really rolled out the red carpet. It was spectacular, and I'll be honest, I was intrigued as soon as I heard lingerie party because I feel like I win, Like I feel like this party was really for me. And I didn't have to go because I was only going to benefit from every gift you got.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, you do do benefit. And well, here's what else is great about it. At something like a lingerie shower, I think you're you're getting gifts you wouldn't by yourself, like I don't normally if I'm going to go get myself pajamas. Honestly, and maybe I should be better about it. But I'm looking for comfort bowl cute but company pajamas. I go on Amazon and get them. At a lingerie shower, you get not just lingerie, but I got like satiny pajamas and cute robes and also yeah, truly lingerie that I probably wouldn't have gone and bought for myself, because your friends are going to really want to, you know, celebrate you and luxury it and get you something special. I think when you're registering for things for like a bridal shower, you are getting stuff that is like usually quite practical, like either the ideas fill your home, I need this thing or that. So I loved the lingerie shower from just the fun luxurious part of it too.
Speaker 1: And you guys had a great time. You played games. There were I.
Speaker 2: Took I think at least six, if not more, shots of tequila.
Speaker 1: Out of the penis shot glass.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a penis shot glass. There was no penis show.
Speaker 1: There were penises. There were, Okay, one of these penises unfortunately made it into one of our social media posts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we do you guys know.
Speaker 1: The squishy balls like the stress. So one of one of the penises is like a squishy stress ball, and as a joke, Lauren brought it home and it was sitting on a shelf and we did a social media post during the Taylor Swift Sunday Night football appearance, and I realized there was a penis over my head.
Speaker 2: You had the best line, you said, you've heard of elf on the shelf? Yes, I okay, let me ask your opinion. Were you at all? I didn't know going into this lingerie shower, by the way, I didn't really know how dirty or not they were going to make it. I did. I didn't really do a big bachelorette party. But even when I first got married, I told all my friends I've never been into the stripper thing. I said, I don't ever want to be surprised with a stripper. I don't like it. I'm not a big fan. But like you know, I call it elegant genitalia, A tasteful penis. Yeah, I don't mind. They had a little cute at the lawn d shower, like penis little candies spread across the table. They had these stressful penis. Yeah, and they had kind of a silly, very y two k frosted tips man on a poster, frosted tips hair, not the other kind of tip, and we played pin the tail on the penis. It was silly little stuff. Does that make you uncomfortable at all? Did you, as would you have an issue with any of.
Speaker 1: That, like you doing all that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, god no, I mean I honestly wouldn't even have an issue if like they had hired a stripper to come in. I don't care because it's nothing personal, it's nothing romantic.
Speaker 2: It's there's no I wouldn't have liked a stripper for you.
Speaker 1: I well, here's the thing. I know you don't love that, and I think you know that about me too. It's not my thing. It never has been. And so you know, if they if they had, oh we hired this cop guy or whatever, they came in and did it, or you probably would have for you would have been like a Voldemort, like.
Speaker 2: Well voldemor that would have been weird. But my girlfriend of mine, a very good friend of mine, did have no a Harry Potter stripper. I wasn't at that. I couldn't make her bachelor at party, but it was brilliant and apparently it was the strippers first ever request to be Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: But going to the lingerie party for you, I thought it was just fun. I was glad that your girls, your crew here, your squad, if you will, Taylor Swift to throw you a big party and it was an absolute blast everybody. Thank you, Yes and the whole neighborhood crew that really ruled. Yeah, thank you, rolled out the red penises.
Speaker 2: Oh hopefully not red eh read another Taylor Swift album reference. God, I love all the t Swift references. It was funny in the game. A lot of the Swifties were like, God, they're really trying here, but can we not do Cornelia Street references stuff like that. They were really critiquing the NFL for the references that were being made.
Speaker 1: There were a couple questions about our wedding oh coming out that some people had, and so we'll hammer some of these out because you know, we appreciate you guys reaching out via direct message. You can go to at the most Dramatic pod ever. That's our official site. We get those. Our lovely producer Kendall gets those questions and polls the for us. You can always find at Lauren Zima and at Chris B. Harrison Fire questions to us. The first question, because you know we're kind of zeroing in on our wedding, are you too getting nervous?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't feel nervous at all.
Speaker 1: I would say the tensions have risen.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true. The stress is right, the.
Speaker 1: Stress has risen. We have been very stress free, and I think we have been rolling through this together very very well, and we still are. But this last week, for sure, the stress level has been notched up, just because we have more things that we just got to get done now, all those things that you know you just as you start hitting that deadline.
Speaker 2: I always think wedding planning goes like this a long time out. You have to book the really big stuff you got it, nail down your venue, and then then there's a time when like you kind of actually can't do that much because the vendors have other stuff going on and they're sort of like, ma'am, I know you're worried about your flowers, but we have thirty weddings before years and we can't buy your flowers till the week of anyway, so you can kind of pause. Now. I do think maybe I paused quite a lot. My mom and my sister were my sister, especially who got married not long ago. I apparently I just found this out from my mom. My sister was telling my mom Lauren's not getting enough done. She needs to do more. I'm worried about her. And my mom actually said to her, Christina, Lauren's always been like this. She's very deadline oriented. She's just gonna like It's like in high school, I was the type of person who I would have a book report due for months and I would get it done two days before. Yeah, that's how I operate best. Sometimes it does mess me up. Sometimes I should be a little better about getting stuff done early. But I can't change you.
Speaker 1: I am Donna should have called me and given me this note. Should have but I so far, I think we've done well. And obviously the stress is going to build a little bit, but it's in a good way.
Speaker 2: And I straight up told you this week I will say I think you did. I think communication is important. I said to you. I want you to know I'm going to get a little stressed at this point. I love you, Like, just be prepared for the tension to be a little high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm by the way. I'm feeling it too, just because there are, you know, things we just got to do and and it feels big, and we don't have a wedding planner per se. We have people kind of helping and they thought.
Speaker 2: I was insane. I told somebody that, They said, you don't have a wedding planner, Like, no.
Speaker 1: We have someone for sure in our camp that's helping us. And then we have you know, a couple other people at these sites, the venues.
Speaker 2: And you've been a great partner in it all. Baby, you are so not the and I'll admit I think it's I don't know, I think it's It could potentially be a red flag if you've got a partner who's not into helping doing stuff, getting stuff done. You need a teammate in there. This is planning a big event in your life. You very much. You've taken on stuff you're good at. I think I've taken things on and we've had a fairly equitable distribution. Is the work?
Speaker 1: Another one asked, you know if this is if planning this together has caused fights or brought you closer together, how it's affected our relationship in it it has brought us closer together. It's just Laura and I are so aligned on so many things, on our vision on what we want to do, and then we'll sit down and kind of have a brainstorming meeting of like, Okay, how do we want to come in? What kind of music do you want? Like just we just hammer things out and kind of you know what it is. I think we're both producers at heart. We're writers and producers, and so we like producing.
Speaker 2: Together, producing our wedding. We are we are producing wrong our wedding. Yeah, I know we are, I mean, which is a good sign. I felt this way. We did our house too. But for example, you had to take a call that I couldn't be on talking about the catering and the food, and you texted me no cake, right, and I said, yeah, definitely, no cake. Like we just I think we're aligned on it. Stuff's been pretty easy. I trust your judgment. And no, we're not having a wedding cake either.
Speaker 1: And so you know, someone else asked, you know who's doing what and how are you splitting this up? We just are like we definitely. It's not like hey, I'll cook you clean. It's not like we've had specific rules there's just things that Lauren, well.
Speaker 2: Maybe we both know what the other's good at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's I think that's true. And you are such a great organizer. Lauren is more meticulous I think than I am.
Speaker 2: And you're a good connector, like you're like this person would be great for this.
Speaker 1: I like to start things, You're right, I like to start connect whatever, and then I'm not great at getting into the weeds. I need people to kind of come in and finish and polish things off.
Speaker 2: But some of the stuff's been really fun to do together. I don't mean to make it sound like, oh, we don't have a wedding cake, and we're like we have a lot of really beautiful moments planned, and.
Speaker 1: I think all of it's been fun.
Speaker 2: It has like I've loved doing the seating chart together.
Speaker 1: I've loved you know what I thought of what you know about not having a wedding planner. Yeah, it's been stressful and I thought at times were idiots.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to just because I was thinking about my first wedding and I just showed up. I didn't do anything. I was twenty two years old, so what could I have done? But I didn't do jack, I just showed up. I'm glad. I was just thinking, I'm glad. I don't I don't just want to show up to this. I'm glad. I know every aspect of this we both do. We have planned everything meticulously, down to our guests where they're staying, like everything, and I can kind of own this whole thing. I feel much closer to it. Yeah, then, hey, we have a three o'clock wedding next Saturday.
Speaker 2: Show up like right, well, and probably your first time around it was like your your ex and your mom wanted to do it all and so what could you.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't know who did it really.
Speaker 2: Maybe that is on you, But I think maybe what I've grown from with my first wedding was to be honest, not being so for lack of a better word, invested, I'm invested, but not but knowing what matters and what doesn't. Like when you're a bride for the first time and I look, I hope out there everybody only does it one time, but we grow up with this idea of weddings and it's so big and you're so stressed, and and this time I'm just like, look, I know at the end of the day, we have great people, We're gonna have great wine, we're gonna have good music, and that's really all you need. And I do think this could be a hot take. Please DM me if you disagree, But I think there are some things that you need that people don't remember, and those are the things you should not stress yourself out about. Flowers is one of those. Do you need flowers? Sure, you don't want the room to look like crap. You want people to feel like it's special and beautiful. But I've never left a wedding and years later thought, God, that wedding had the best flowers. Right, You look back and you're like, we danced, we had so much fun, the toasts were great. You don't think I can't get over those floral center pieces. So I'm not stressing so much about everything. I'm focusing on what's just a necessity. But what will people really remember?
Speaker 1: Definitely, older and wiser, you and I have perspective, which is wonderful to go through this again with two people that have perspectives. So we know there's gonna be hurdles. We know we're going to trip and fall on some stuff. Things are going to go awry. We just deal with it, right if something doesn't show up in the mail that we ordered or whatever, like, okay, we'll fix it. It's all good because at the end of the day, we know we're going to get married and that's really what we care about, and our friends and family will be there, and I know there's going to be spectacular wine. It'll be great. A couple more questions thought, and this is interesting because we talked about this and we almost had this issue. Thoughts on not letting someone bring a plus one.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I have gotten a few texts from a few guests about this.
Speaker 1: So we have had a very specific situation where one of our very dear friends has somebody, but they also can break up and date other people quite often. And we talked about, hey, if this happens, we don't want a stranger at our wedding. We don't want to meet somebody for the first time.
Speaker 2: I said, if he's with the person he's currently with, yes, and they've been together for a while. Great with this discussion months ago, I said, if they break up pretty like fairly sooner before the wedding, then we're going to tell him please come on your own, do not just find a date, even though we gave you a plus one. I was going to have you call and have that conversation.
Speaker 1: And I'm by the way, I was right there with you, and it was the best line that I've heard. Was neither one of us want to meet a stranger at our wedding.
Speaker 2: And we have to give credit. We got that takeaway from Wells Adams's brother and his right who had that policy at their wedding.
Speaker 1: Ye. Yes, and I love that. I am all for that. So we were not. You know, luckily we haven't had to jump off that bridge, but we were prepared to.
Speaker 2: It's you know what, though, let's get into it is amazing and I've talked to other friends about this, and I think everyone out there who's been married can relate. It's amazing the crap people will say and do. Yeah, when it's your wedding. I don't know what happens I think people, And I don't mean to sound negative, you guys, I've lost my voice again from the lingerie shower. I honestly think I need to see a doctor about my voice. I'm a little worried, but so I hope I don't sound negative. I'm very happy right now. My voice has just gone. But people will there's something about a wedding where people are emboldened. It's kind of like a funeral. When there's a big life event, people say and do the weirdest crap. I had someone ask me if like their kid could come and their kid could bring a plus one, and I was like, I barely know your kid, like you know what it's like. And the fact that I was a little like, I kind of can't believe they asked that.
Speaker 1: Or and I know you guys like, look, if there's a destination wedding, say you're going to Kansas City, back to Taylor.
Speaker 2: Destination Kansas City made.
Speaker 1: Me call wrid or groom and say, what's the weather going to be like in Kansas City?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if you can google it, don't ask me about it.
Speaker 1: Come on, Try not to ask the brighter groom or whoever anything that you know, Oh you know, I don't know what the dress is, Well, yeah you do, it's on it's on the invitation, or just try to not ask them.
Speaker 2: The most I did. I've had a couple of people ask me because we have a wedding website and I've had a couple of people be like, hey, can you remind me, like what time this is or what time it's like, and I've said it's on the website. Yeah, and I know that. I know that text is not coming across great. I know it's coming across a little shady, but I can't. I'm like, I can either type out a whole paragraph explaining it, or I can tell you it's on the website. And I did the website myself, so I already type that paragraph.
Speaker 1: At big events and this goes back to lingerie party or bachelor, bacherette party, funeral, wedding, whatever the big event, graduation, whenever any individual or a couple someone is being honored, it's for them. The night is in their name, it's for them. Don't make it about you. You don't get to do that that one day, that one night. Don't end up, you know, being the center of attention, whether it's drama, whatever.
Speaker 2: I would love stories, can you, guys? I just I mean, I would just it's always fun to hear drama, no matter even especially it's about people you don't know. Please dm us if you have stories of crazy stuff people did at your wedding.
Speaker 1: One of our friends has a story where her best friend locked herself in a bathroom and was bawling.
Speaker 2: The best friend was upset. This is wild and stuff like this, we'd love to hear our dear friend. Her best friend was a bridesmaid, but was upset she wasn't made the maid of honor. The maid of honor was the bride's sister. So the best friend is upset that the sister is the maid of honor. And it all came out on the wedding day. Apparently she'd been holding it in, locked herself in a bathroom crying, and the bride had to go be like, can you please come out for the wedding? How wild is that? People become n hinge?
Speaker 1: Don't be that person.
Speaker 2: Okay, any other question?
Speaker 1: Yes, last question. This is a big one because we just had this conversation last night. Have you two written your vows?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we did just talk about this Lesbon and attorney instead of you started.
Speaker 1: The answer is no, we have not.
Speaker 2: I've thought about much. Yeah, if marinated in my mind?
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I think about it a lot. If I'm at the gym, whatever, I start kind of going through it.
Speaker 2: Part of it is what we've been together a lot, and I sort of feel like I need to like separate from you, get to write it out, Yeah, write it out on my own, like I can't. I don't know. I think there's something maybe a little romantic about it. Honestly, I need to be away from you for a day or something to be able to do it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So the answer is yes, we're going to The answer is no, we haven't. And I've become Lauren where I'm just kicking this can down the road. It'll be it's not gonna be last minute, but we will get it done. But it's funny. We just had this conversation last night.
Speaker 2: Well one of the questions was, are you nervous. I'm not nervous, like we said, I'm stressed. I am. The only thing I might be a little nervous about is the vows. Yeah, I don't want to. I love you and I'm afraid of disappointing you.
Speaker 1: If we're putting a lot of pressure on each other for this, I know, and it's self imposed both ways, because I've admitted the same thing. Yeah, we've imposed our own pressure to perform it from the other I think.
Speaker 2: It's very difficult. And I said this to you yesterday. We have to take some of this stress and pressure off ourselves because it is incredibly tough to summarize your relationship, your love. Yeah, in just a few minutes of words.
Speaker 1: I need a Taylor Swift song.
Speaker 2: I need a whole album. And the shower was so thoughtful. They just had so many great details, framed pictures of us and future Missus Napkins and a Missus Harrison.
Speaker 1: Veil future mister and Missus Harrison veil. I saw it.
Speaker 2: No, it just said Missus Harrison and it was so funny because I felt bad. They literally had a cute little veil mate, and it had Missus Harrison printed in gold on the veil, and they said, yeah, we had this mean before we heard your podcast rant about how you caught changing your name.
Speaker 1: See, you know what's funny. Though, I like seeing it, like I like hearing it, and I like seeing it, and I know that you're not going to take my name and that's fine, and I really am it doesn't hurt me and it doesn't hurt my feelings, but I also is it okay? Again? Two things can be true at once. I still like hearing it.
Speaker 2: And let me say I didn't dislike it. I said to them that night, I said, you know what, this feels cute. I like it. It's not that I would have an issue with taking your name and us being one in that way. I just think people should be with partners who are also willing to go the other way. And it's a red flag to me if you're not. And I should applaud you because we actually have a group text going with like our very closest friends who are coming to the wedding to kind of get excited, and this was your idea. We named the group text mister and missus Zema. So you're right there withn't me, babe, And that's why I love you.
Speaker 1: And that happens often too. We talked about that when we're hotels or resorts or whatever, people you know, whatever name is on the reservation, they'll say, mister Zema, how are you doing this morning? You know, so I get called mister Zema all.
Speaker 2: The times, Harrison.
Speaker 1: You get called missus Harrison. Neither one of us are offended by it, and in fact I like it. I like when I'm called mister Zema. I like when you're called missus Harrison. I think it's great. It just shows that we're we're one and we are a couple, and it doesn't mean we need to change our names or should. We've already covered that in a prior podcast, but I did enjoy seeing that.
Speaker 2: On the veil the Harrizemas the Zema Sins.
Speaker 1: What a crazy week it has been. Full of Taylor Swift, full of Travis Kelcey, full of penises, oh my gosh, lots of celebrations and it's all good. It's all good, and we appreciate you guys being with us as always and again. You can find us at the drumost Somatic pod at Lauren Zema at Chris B. Harrison always good talking to you. Take care of yourself, take care of each other, and we'll talk to you next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most m at pod ever and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.