Speaker 1: Shoe.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my row Flame.
Speaker 1: Come in with last and come.
Speaker 3: In with your love loundes.
Speaker 1: Baby, you better catch.
Speaker 2: It when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 3: What's up? Tips?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second. We're gonna last come in to kick it and at the end we leave it with just a lifted spirits.
Speaker 3: Think you want to revisit?
Speaker 2: So your first second listen, young folks say it's list Oh folks that.
Speaker 3: We dig it good? No fish, do what you do?
Speaker 1: Ha, No do what you do? No kiss, do what I do? No fish.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn. Oh my god, it was the DNC this week, and I'm gonna give y'all all that I know, all that I saw and I experienced it on the final night. But before I move any further, you know I cannot keep doing this show out my beautiful co hosts, the one and only, the the Icons Touts. Y'all like to know. So Bobby Clifford, Hi you Bobby.
Speaker 3: Hiat TUTS but how's it going. I can't wait to hear all the stories. I'm like beside myself, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna get to that. How was your week, Bribby Clifford.
Speaker 3: It was good. We had a in Boston. It was a little bit cooler, so it was like, you can feel like fall's gonna start coming the Christmas in the evenings. Crisp. It's like sixty eight, but it's not ninety eight, so I kind of liked it. It's nice, got out, moved a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm in Chicago. Bobby whether he has been pretty good too. The city was locked up tighter than a brand new baby's ass. Good guy. They had swat teams, sheriffs, pole hella chopters. Right, maybe they had oh you know, if they had Bobby. They had the AI dogs. What was that like, I've seen two of them, like the little robots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god. It really let me know how how really quickly they are moving this artificial intelligence. They are pushing it fast.
Speaker 3: There are things that are good about it. I mean there really are things like, for instance, I work in a hospital, right, so they can do medical records and stuff. By doing that instead. But other parts scare me. I'm dying to hear about.
Speaker 4: The dogs, so, you know, looking at them and only seeing two And then when I got in the car, I realized, one day there'll be two million of those dogs. They might even replace police officers. So I just was like, oh my god. It just let me know where we're headed. But for my first time seeing something like that, it was amazing. I was like, oh my god, I want one. They're so cute. But I don't know. It's still a machine. It still does not have a real brain. It doesn't have a unless you tell it no, oh yes. What happens when it gets undecided and it does what it wants to do and those things look, I'm sure they made those things to be beyond vicious. I don't want to say what beyond vicious. Let's say that.
Speaker 3: I would say too. I'm hoping that on the other end of that, like literally watching every move is a police officer who just happens to be sitting behind a desk somewhere and not necessarily out on the road. I mean, there were some big things that were happening. I know, we'll get into the actual meet of the DNC after But you had all those protests going outside, the pro the pro Palestinian protests.
Speaker 4: But remember I told you'll last week, last episode before the DNC that the Chicago Police Department did not say it plays no gangs, no Chicago plase games. Chicago Police Department did not play with them at all. I beg that I'm from Chicago, I know the police.
Speaker 3: Hee you no, And I loved it because they were like, not the the I feel terrible for what's happening. We all do what's happening in Palestine. But they're they're overly emotional or something. I don't know what, and I think they thought they were going to push them around. Well, the Chicago PG let them know no, ma'am, g BD.
Speaker 4: Don't play no games. Maybe I'm from here, I know how they do. But luckily nobody got hurt. They did have some arrests maybe over the.
Speaker 3: Course of seventy seventy two one night, and two injuries, but that didn't sound bad to me.
Speaker 4: Well, they knocked over they knocked over one of the barricades, they bombarded through one of the best yes, and that is when the injuries happened. But everything was peaceful. After that, they still had the summer peaceful protests and a few arrests. But outside of that that negative the positive we will get you later because I'm gonna tell y'all because I actually went Final night to the DNC to watch Kamala Harris except the Democratic nomination, I can't tell y'all. I'm gonna tell y'all went about it later. But we ask some other stuff to get into before we go any further. We want to send us super prayers out to our producers, to producer Aaron Howard, his family stuff for the loss this week, and we love Aaron. Aaron Keyser sharp. Aaron keeps us informed. You guys don't get to hear Aaron's voice, but Aaron is like granddaddy on a reprimanded us and him and Bobby's relationship, if y'all can hear it all, Lane is the cutest and I just sit back like if they don't sht the hell up. But they have accused relationships. So prayers to our producer Aaron Howe and his family on their loves. Anyway, where are we going to it?
Speaker 3: So when we're talking about super sad stuff, I know you loved him so I want to make make sure we mentioned him. Phil Donahue died eighty eight. Died in his home.
Speaker 4: My muse, my mentor, my absolute favorite talk show hosts ever, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry he didn't. No, No, I think it's lovely. I mean, he had a show that ran for twenty six years, over seven thousand episodes. He won twenty Emmy Awards. He broke crown for Heraldo Rivera, Oprah Winfrey, Jerry Springer, Rosie O'donnald like you could just name it, on and on and on doing it, making sure that he tapped into those those housewives that were stuck at home with their kids, that still had something to ask for, something to say, something to learn and give. And I thought that he's pretty pretty terrific. Our President and President Joe Biden gave him the Medal of Freedom Award last year. He was in a wheelchair, but he looked good. I guess he's been battling some illness for a while. Now I feel badly, but hats off to Phil and Phil's family. He was married tomorrow Thomas forty four years.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, So let me tell you mom's fondest memories of Phil Donahue as a kid wants to him, I would love how fair he was to everybody, even if he did not like what you stood for, even if he did not.
Speaker 5: Like the KKK was on his show and he had all these he was fair to everybody because he did not judge you on your how you felt about something else.
Speaker 4: He judged the energy that you gave him right then and there. And I used to love to watch and run up and down those stats. He would run to take a microphone. He was always so respectful. He sings like a kind man, and he was so authentic with his answers, and he was never offensive even when being intrusive. That's what I loved about him. He was never offensive even when he had to cross the line on the questions that he was so skilled at how to ask you a really detrimental question because of his there was some kind of kindness in his voice. Was never he never raised it. He was just an amazing person to watch if you want to do talk show, because the lessons that you would learn from just watching his style and his poise and his grace, you will be now. Mind you, as much as I watch them, y'all know, I'm still an ignorant bitch. But when it's time. If you ever see me laugh, you'll see when it's time for Q and A. I can take anything and everything. I make it funny because I'm a comedian. But I listened to you, and that's what I respected about Phil down to Hue. He didn't just talk over you or give his opinion. He listened to everything that you said to him.
Speaker 3: He did, and I agree like when he did have the he had your skinheads or the KKK on and what he tried to do was he tried to educate them and tell them everybody else's stance and how they're wrong. But he didn't say you're wrong, He just said so he was trying to. I think he thought, if I can flip one of them, you never know I can get the other. And he was He had a very gentle way. He wasn't excitable in a negative way where he was bombastic and get upset. He just he went and no matter what you said to him, he thought about it. He was thoughtful, you know, to see I can kind of see their point of view, or at least I know where they're coming fight.
Speaker 4: And hear me, well, he could have had a class on poker face, because I'm sure there were many times that people see things that he was offended back, but you never could read it on his face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I agree, so, but he was definitely worth absolutely worth mentioning. So so that anyway, hats off TI Phil Donahue. I think we want to save DNC for lost we've had outd Yeah.
Speaker 4: That girl, if you all know him, that was that girl.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I loved her. She was so cute.
Speaker 4: Look at me telling Bobby's ay that girl, Yeah.
Speaker 3: She saw it to me, I loved her. That she was. She was absolutely she was absolutely adorable and gorgeous. I saw her in a Hallmark movie like two years ago. I almost didn't know who she was. Shop is attacking, you know, able to act and everything well up into her eighties. But she's had a little a little too much work done in Saint Jude. Remember that's that. Everybody remember that that girl. Her her dad, Danny Thomas, started Saint Jude. So and she's she's been the driving force for that. So they were an impressive They were an impressive couple. They really were.
Speaker 4: He was just he was such a he was such a Powerhouse as a interviewer. And he and you know what, he was one of the first to do many things because I worked at the legendary Baton Show Club here Chicago for years. Yes, and he put them, He was the first person to put them on TV, to put a humanistic up to put to show that they were people, that they were human, They were just people working as female impersonators. Yeah. So and he didn't. It was not an exploitive way at all. Bill Donahue was a legend. Pill Donahue was what you call an og.
Speaker 3: He was the goat.
Speaker 4: He was. He really was. So Yes, rest in power to uh Bill Donahue one of the greatest, if not the greatest, to ever do it. Okay, Boby, let's go where we're going.
Speaker 3: Well, what we're going now is we might as well talk about the Supreme Court. After reviewing controversial law, the Supreme Court ruled five to four that Arizona residents must show proof of US citizenship before they can vote. This is something obviously that Arizona is pushing. There is some sort of documentation that you can show some citizen citizenship or whatever documentation, but it's they're making a little harder to vote in in in Arizona. So it's sort of a they're saying it's a partial win for them for the GOP. Uh. They're also right now they do something called and I didn't know about this, let me know if you knew. They're they're expected to resolve a few cases that are on what they call the shadow docket. I guess it is a name that they use for emergency cases. The bad part of it is when they have these emergency cases, they don't have to give their full oral arguments. They can just give give a decision. Two of the things that they're going to be looking at is Biden's administration's the latest student loan debt relief plan, whether they'll allow that to go through, and then rules that limit power on planted power planted missions. You would think they would be happy about that, but somehow, I guess, I guess not so much.
Speaker 4: What is with the Supreme Court, Bobby, I'm gonna tell you right now. The Supreme Court used to get my personal opinion as an American and this is only my opinion. The Supreme Court used to get so much respect for me, just mad respective we were just yeah, yeah, And now looking at what's going on with all the scandals that's coming out and the things that they are doing that they are not being reprimanded for because you are there almost in a position to where they can't be reprimanded for it. I lost all kind of respect for them. I think that they need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Started with Clarence Thomas. I can't do it. It's just And the sad part is if we can't support our highest court in the land, we don't believe in them, how are we going to believe in the lower courts? That's my opinions.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, because all sorts of stuff. I mean, this is really high because remember Arizona is one of those battleground states, and if they're making it more difficult for people to to vote, I mean, you should be a citizen, or you should be at least we have the paperwork, but if they're making it more difficult.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Voter suppression is everywhere though, and they're doing it really bad in the South, especially in Georgia. So you have to go to vote dot org constantly to check it takes less than two minutes to make sure that you are registered to vote. It takes less than two minutes. Vote dot org. Just continuously check because this is this is a battle that we are in and they're playing to win. They're playing to keep for keeps. And remember, if they win, you never get the chance to vote again. Because he said you don't have to.
Speaker 3: You don't have to only once.
Speaker 4: I'm going to fix it, is what he's.
Speaker 3: Christians, Christians, don't don't worry. You will only want Well, I'm a Christian and I'm worried. That's all. I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but that voter suppression is real. So make sure you stay on your p's and q's because they're trying all that they can. Where else we're going, you're talking about the Supreme Court. I don't know. I think that I'm I hope that. I hope that if Kamala Harris wins, and we're praying that she wins over here, that they changed some policies with that Supreme Court. It should be a lifetime appointment. If you get too extreme, your job should be up a review. If the world is changing, as they say, and everything is evolving, those rules will have to evolve and change as well.
Speaker 3: I agree, because we've talked about it before. It was a lifetime appointment because people weren't expected to live past sixty. You know, when they made that lifetime appointment, they didn't realize people would still be in their high eighties on there. So, and it's grueling, it's grueling work. I think that there definitely should I e to be term limits. There needs to be some sort of reform. I know that President Biden is looking to to put some type of parody in place, some type of reform, but I don't know. He's only a five months so I don't know what he's going to actually be able to get done himself. But so that's the Supreme Court. Those are the two cases they're listening to. That is the one that they just made the decision on. I also saw CNN had reported that the Justice Department filed an anti trust Merrick Ireland an anti trust lawsuit against real estate software company. The company is called real Page and it is a scheme that helps landlord high rents and anti trust lawsuit. So they filed it this week. We'll see where it goes. I think to me, that sounds pretty good. I know some people if you live in like real buildings versus living in like a home, like a two family home. There there are constant rent tikes and all that jazz. So so we'll see, we'll see what happens with that. Something that was a little disappointing to me is that a federal drudge in Texas scrapped the Biden administration's plan to ban non competes. Non Competes are when you're employed and you want to leave one job and go to another, and if it's a like type of job, they some employers, have you signed a noncompete. I'm going to make it as simple as I can. McDonald's might have you signed something that says you can't go to Wendy's, Chick fil A or b K. But people should be able to be employed. That's how as long as they're not taking any any secret sauce information with them. But they baned it anyway, they shut it down.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me I can't I can't do I'm loving if I'm going over with the Burger king to have it my way, because what's the other one? You God, you can't do it? What's the other restaurant? You say?
Speaker 3: Have a Chick fil a? Chick fil a? Doesn't have anything. Eat more chicken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't eat oil chicken. Oh my god, I can't eat oirel chicken because you don't want me to give out your special sauce lettery bon. And then if I go and try to have it my way, Oh my god, no, thank you, Oh good god, that's a whole joke in it ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It absolutely is. I work for a hospital, and thank god I don't have to sign a noncompete. I worked for an electronic medical record company for a while and we did have to sign it, so if I left that one, I couldn't go to another one. But it does really limit I remember something as silly as the girl who gives me my facials left one company and she went to another, and she couldn't tell any of her old clients because she had signed it on compete. So anyway, that's that the economy. I thought this was funny because you know, you and I, like, we have gold bars hanging around our house. For the first time in history, a gold bar is worth one million dollars playing can you imagine? So if you have any old gold hanging around, get it in and turn it in. You know, broken earrings, broken necklaces. The kids have stuff that doesn't work. Turn it in.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to turn shitty, and I just want a couple of gold bars. Just give me like thirty five of.
Speaker 3: Them, I know, honest to God, you know what it makes me think of? Am I going to say it right? Is that Menendez? And Melendez the senator from New Jersey. He is actually he's been, you know, housted, he's he has a CNN got a hold of his resignation letter, so he's going to be out. But he thought it was okay. Remember they said he thought it was okay to have gold bars and clothes and money and pockets. And he didn't realize what did he do wrong? He didn't do anything when he was with Egypt, colluding with Egypt. So but a million dollars that that was, God bless them, that was. That was a hell of a lot of money that he had. And they said he had multiple bars, so plus the money in the house. I kind of only imagine the value that he had.
Speaker 4: I would have liked to be his sad piece. Okay, come on, where are we going?
Speaker 3: I got ew though it was.
Speaker 4: The sad piece or the maid.
Speaker 3: Yea, oh, my God, hold on my thing. Just give me two seconds. I just switched from one season to and next.
Speaker 4: I would have went in and dusted them suits and they would have got deaf empty.
Speaker 3: I would jet's exactly. I don't know what happened. You told me to take it to the dry cleaners. I took it to the dry cleaners. Hunter Biden was rejected by a federal judge also for staying on judges, for his latest attempt to dismiss the tax related services that he's facing in LA I don't see that going away. I'm sort of shocked that even he even tried to make an attempt of it. They're going to hold his feet to the fire. So we'll expect that in the fall, just to his poor dad. Just as though that's that's going on.
Speaker 4: I still hope, I still personally hope that Joe Biden, since he since he was removed, since not forced or removed, he said in himself that it was his decision. But since that was his decision and he changed his man, I hope that he changes his man and gets his son full of unity. If he don't give it to nobody else, I hope that he gives it to his son. I don't think that we should judge him for it, and I hope that he would think that he didn't give a fuck because as a parent, and he has proven himself to be a bit very loyal American from fifty four years or third right, I hope that he pardons just sell it.
Speaker 3: Oh, our boyfriend George Santos is facing two years in prison after pleading guilty to wire fraud.
Speaker 4: Question, is he going to try to go to the man if you really want to punish him? Sin is asked with a bunch of women.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he would. I mean, I don't know where he'd get his lip closs if he goes to jail, but he is, he is facing They must have had him so dead to rights claim. I mean, it's like so completely dead to rights that he would actually plead guilty. I just can't even imagine him admitting that he was wrong. See you later, alligator. And the next thing we have if we're sticking on If we're sticking on suits, the East Palestine residents filed emotion, accusing their lawyers of collusion. I guess they got six hundred million in a train settlement that you know, for the train turning over and all those horrible fumes and everybody getting sick and blah blah blah. But I think I guess they could have somehow gotten more. They they think that there the attorneys were in on it, in on some sort of agreement with the trained people.
Speaker 4: So it happened to that the attorneys for the sag gig, they own credit money to make sure that the people who suffered didn't get the whole money.
Speaker 3: Something, yeah, something, am.
Speaker 4: I surprised, absolutely not no, allegedly allegedly allegedly, yeah, yeah, I got I got some alleged for you.
Speaker 3: Well, this is what the news nation is reporting that so and and they've been like, I know, Chris Cromo himself, he actually went to Ohio. He was so touched by them and so disturbed that the Biden administration wasn't getting involved. And it's not that I believe it. It wasn't that they were not getting involved. I think they they were trying to hold the trained people speak to the fire because they're the ones the one responsible, and they the ones that should have been coming up with the money and cleaning. And I think he did push that in the EPA to get in there. I would have liked to have seen them in there a little, a little quicker. But you know, I'm not a president. I don't know what the hell happens in there. You know, every day he's probably trying to stop nuclear war.
Speaker 4: For the love of God.
Speaker 3: Oh the Arizona is I won't have the chance. They're voters in November to vote on on reproductive rights because of some sort of paperwork glitch, it didn't get added to the ballot and the ballots are done, so I don't know if that's going to be a good thing or a bad thing, but it's it's not something that's going to be on their ballot, and it seems like it's on everybody else's. It's for the emergency.
Speaker 6: The emergency is now all but this year, if we got to get for I know, right, yeah, I said what I said, if we got to get put on because ye a, I would have put it on.
Speaker 4: That was a human on purpose era allegedly.
Speaker 3: Okay, Next, what we're going to talk about, just quickly is Ukraine. They have moved into as we know, into Russia. It seems like they're making some sort of some sort of groundwork. I love that that president's Lensky. There's something about him that just seems like a regular guy.
Speaker 4: Uh are you trying? Are you trying to become Ukrainian on me? No?
Speaker 3: No, not trying to be Ukrainian. I love I am an American. I don't want to live anywhere else. He seems like he's got a lovely wife.
Speaker 4: I thought you were trying to get a little Crainian, a little Ukrainian in you.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Look, he is a little Ukrainian. He's a little man. He's a little an static, but he is a giant. And I admire his courage, and I admire his tenacity, and I admire his patriotism for his country. Because he loves his country. I wish other people would take those lessons over here.
Speaker 3: Haint hint me too. You know what comes to my mind when I think of him, and it probably will for the rest of my life. I think of him when they had the when they had the Normandy Anniversary, reaching down to speak to one of the World War Two veterans who was well into his pie to be in his late nineties, and the veterans telling Zelensky that he was his hero for a standing by his country for doing the right thing, even when it wasn't easy. And Zelensky was so taken aback by it, and he said, no, no, we're here for you. You guys, you're the heroes. And he said, no, you're my heir. And I thought, oh my god, that was It was beautiful of the of the American soldier as well, because that's what the World War two was all about, right, it's stepping in, stepping over a bully.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. I love Valenski's courage, and I love that he will. He fights. He's dead to the end, and he is fighting with his count He's yeah somewhere given orders. He is on the ground in the trench with his people stowing him. That's that's a great leader. That is a great leader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so too, I really do.
Speaker 4: I like am I Not only am I your leader and not only am I above you? But I am with you. And that's what he is showing them.
Speaker 3: And what is India's I don't know if it's a Prime minister Modi she went over to Ukraine to speak Prime minister it was and I And they're they're keenly watching them and watching their interaction with Russia and see and really watching how how far Russia is going. And I thought interesting that they went to Ukraine because I always thought India was sort of in in Putin's pocket or at least on that side of the jump rope. Moving right along the Middle East is the Middle East is a mess. They're moving the the the poor Palestinians. Again, we're really kind of bracing. The US military is embracing for any type of UH running an attack. I wish them the best that I possibly can. I don't know how this is going to come out. We really need our people back. They did find I don't know if you saw that in the news. They found six six hostages bodies. They were all Israeli. Who is they Israel? I don't know if that when they went in and they were.
Speaker 4: Looking according to what news source, according.
Speaker 3: To what well, CNN News Nation and the skim all reported.
Speaker 4: We think that that just came from US.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they did. What they're saying is that they were alive, they were taken alive, but now they're gone. In the ages, there are two eighty year olds here, a seventy nine year old, seventy six and a fifty one and the youngest is thirty five. So my heart goes out to those families. But I mean, this is supposed to be easy at this part in their lives, right high seventies and eighties. They shouldn't have to be worrying about. We don't even know what happened to them. They haven't discussed, you know, what condition the bodies were in and all of that. But it's a that's going to be a real blow to the peace talks that they're talking about. The ceasefire as well as the hostage is being released. We've talked about this before. I wonder how many this is just opinion. I wonder how many are even left flame, Like.
Speaker 4: I don't you know, you know, I stay away from that, Bobby. I hate war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just take war.
Speaker 4: I say, put the two world leaders in the boxing ringers, let them go. I would love to see Trump swing and bide and Biden and swing and forget the heat swung. I would love to see that. And really, from the way it's looking, Trump might forget the punch because he ain't remember nobody's name, what city, and nothing else. But y'all, y'all that question his card. I'm watching I'm not saying what I ain't saw. I'm saying the same thing. I'm seeing the same thing. Y'all singing anyway, Prayers to everybody involved in wars and guys of Ukraine, Israel, Palestine. It's just a good gud.
Speaker 3: But I want him to clean it up. We need to. Somebody has to, somebody has to step up. Brinkol was over there.
Speaker 4: I love it that Joe Biden is still trying to get this skill fire despread. He is really trying hard to get this seafire to stop this war, and I'm hoping that just gets passed sooner than later. I do too.
Speaker 3: I hope it's on his watch so he can go out with And I really hope she wins, because he would have put the first female in the office or been instrumental in it by backing her immediately and training her up all these years. And it would be really nice to see him because he is a master of foreign policy. I don't care what anybody says, and I would love to have him. He's had Blinking over there as a surrogate and been working on it. I blink and I believe now is back. But I would love to see that happen. And you know what he did talk about and this is this is off of the war, so we're off of that. But President Biden, he is he's negotiating for ten additional drugs and it looks like that's going to go through for twenty twenty six. That for Medicare, that will be cheaper. It will save us tens of millions of dollars as citizens, and it will make it cheaper for people who are living on fixed incomes like Social Security to actually be able to afford their drugs and take them without having to ration them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fantastic. Whether we stay last week, whether we tell you remind you guys of last week, Joe Biden is still our president. Yep. Yeah, Okay, Bob, let's get on to this DNC. We call forty minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, I'm sorry. Oh you know the one the one thing I thought was kind of cute before we get to the DNC. So under my Trump petting, did you see that the The New York Times have reported that one of Trump's people, I don't know, probably someone running, is running his race. They gave the name, but I didn't get the name. Uh put out something on social media with Trump and Beyonce's Freedom song, the one that Harris always uses, and she did a cease and desist and I got that tickled me, pink.
Speaker 4: I think Trump looked at it like, if you can't beat him, join him. Hopefully they'll be with a fifty dollar of y'all both blue and make sure that you're registered both dot org. He won't be able to beat the YEP because he damn show ain't gonna join us because where he going I don't want to go. He's there already.
Speaker 3: He's a ramble and lunatic. The only thing so the good and the bad news is today RFK Junior suspended his his race and but the son of a gun is backing is backing Trump, which I am out of my mind. News Nation, just as we were coming on, reported that he's actually at the Trump rally tonight. So I I just can't believe that that Bobby.
Speaker 4: What's so sad about that? Is I interview RFK Jr. Maybe I know y'all get a chance to see the interview because and now I'm glad y'all didn't. And I changed my perspective on him according to what he was saying, but now he is just showing that he is chasing what what he can ki something because he chased me with because there. Let me let me break this down for you all. When your whole family or where where most of your family and the big ways and you are from a you are from the Kennedys, that is political legacy in this country. People love your day, They loved your uncle, but you and your and your family are now your present family turns on you and says that they wouldn't vote for you or they are against you, and that speaks volumes about what we should hear and see. So I'm just saying for you to be a flip flopper like that. And in the interview I asked him, I say, and I did ask him. I said, so, if there's a chance that you don't win, and I was very kind because he wasn't even older damn ballot, would you be willing to endorse another candidate? He says, I'm going to win. He avoided the question by saying, yeah, I'm going to win. I said, well, you have a really positive attitude even though I know you ain't had a snowball chance o'hell on winning and now you see you neither, but the fact that you are back in Trump because the rumor is that I think there was reported on one of the news pro outlets that he was promised by Don Junior a cabinage position. That is the way it's supposed to have went down. Yeah, yeah, this is yes, dude. This is another reason to make sure that we vote hard and vote heavy because he even though he only had five percent, I think it was like between three to five percent, we need every vote that we can get. So this is where you may register. We get up to these polls. Help everybody, you know, and the words of the Great Michelle Obama, do something, knock gonna do us, the call folks whatever you need to make. Talk to people in the laundromat, at the grocery store, Are you registered, are you voting for this person? Why are you voting for that person? Whatever, Just do what you gotta do. So I'm sorry, I'm rambling. You know you're not rambling, but I'll.
Speaker 3: Rub it off on you. I thought, and I'm only going to read one line of it. I got this was pretty powerful. So five of his siblings immediately came out, and there's just a few lines, but the last line was that, well, they said they believe in in Harrison Wallas and they said, our brother Bobby's decision to endorse Trump today is a betrayal of the values that our father and our family holds most dear. It's a sad ending to a sad story. And then they signed their names Kathleen Courtney, Carry, Chris and Rory Kennedy.
Speaker 4: And I thought the Kennedys are affiliated with wealth, political power, beyond beyond me, service, service for sure, yeah, and service, and you know with the shrivers and comunities. It's that's long jackline bouvia. But you guys, wow, things like you say, things have evolved, things have changed, but they ain't changed that much. Because when your family, family is still family, and when your family say it, they know it to be true because they've been around you their whole life.
Speaker 3: It's the truth. And you know what I was watching on CNN. I'm Jake Tapper tonight. It is something that's not changing for Trump and it's kind of like, look, it's something everybody, so I'll explain it as quickly as I can, but it's something that's completely legal everybody as long as the service is provided and it's at a fair market value. They said that Trump's businesses are bringing in tens of millions of dollars from campaigns, including his own by by candidates are going to his service, they're running their fundraisers through it, or they're getting some sort of service through him. They're actually getting a service, and then all of a sudden a month two months. It's probably coincidental, but he's endorsing them. One of the people was herschel Walker, so unfortunately he didn't win. He had spent two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars at Myra Lago, so I'm sure that was what for some some sort of campaign. But who's done it the most. The RNC has spent two millions since twenty sixteen. Trump himself, they reported, has spent since twenty sixteen twenty eight million dollars of political contributions by doing fundraisers, by renting his plane. What does he call it, Trump forced one or something or trump I don't know, whatever he calls it. So he's not hurting for cash. It's still coming in. And if you don't like that, then that's you go and you vote people, you vote local, you tell people you don't think. I think it's a little unsavory, but it's completely about board.
Speaker 4: It's a real fight, y'all. It's a real fight. Okay. Now, let's get to the Let's get to the joyous part of the week. The joyous part of the week was this week was the Democratic National Convention, Ladies, Jai, we were able to appoint and the candidate we appointed was able to accept her nomination for UH for the positions for the black job. What I tell you, we watched it all week. You watched it with me. The world was watching it. Everybody was watching. Now. I amn't here in Chicago now, but I was only a bit available to go last night, which was the final night to actually be in the room to hear her and see her take the acceptance. But over all, the through the week, we're gonna do all the We're gonna go. Monday to Thursday. Our Monday was fantastic. When I tell you, I don't know if they could have set Monday up more bad. It was an alley from Monday to Tuesday because Hillary Clinton came out there and just Tuesday Hillary came was it Tuesday Hillary came out? No?
Speaker 3: No, Hillary was with Biden on Monday. It really was. It really was. I felt and I want you to continue like a swan song to Biden. He came out, he thanked everybody for his work. He gave it everything he had, basically is what he said. And he's passing the torch. And yeah, I thought it was. And everybody was so good to him, including Hillary. She has a different type of energy than Michelle Obama, but she got she got that, she got the crowd going.
Speaker 4: I thought, oh, let me tell you something when they when they brought out Hillary, so many emotions and me popped up because I think that a lot of that they gave by the way they gave Hillary about a three minutes stand ovation. Oh yeah, I think that that was We're sorry. I think that was an apology standovation because they realized we fucked up. To me, that's what that was the first emotion. I was like, y'all doing all of this when y'all acted like y'all didn't like this woman, so y'all didn't vote for her because of some bullshit that was thrown in the game right before the election the October five because he's coming. Yeah, So but that was Now it's too late to apologize because look at the situation that we are in and that we are facing. I do love the fact of that they thumped hard for Hillary Clinton. She had to have felt that love. But that to me was, oh, Hillary, We're sorry, we fucked up. That was that was that was what, and we respect you. But her delivery, her performance, the way she looked everything, Hillary was on it. She was sharp, She looked fantastic with a bob wig. I love the way when she speaks. Hillary really is very commanding. You watch Hillary and.
Speaker 3: She says words that that resonate and they make sense. I remember her saying, I want my grandchildren and my grandchildren's grandchildren to know I was here the time we shattered the glass ceiling and we have the first female president. And I thought that is powerful words considering it should have been her, Well it was. We remember she won the popular vote by three million. I think it's at a damn elatora college.
Speaker 4: And then let you guys know that we got to take this popular vote at least five million plus. Because he's going to challenge it.
Speaker 3: He's always going to challenge it. He's going to challenge it anyway. He's already told us, he's going.
Speaker 4: To challenge it.
Speaker 3: And then it was yeah, I gave my best to you. Biden said, I loved that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Biden. I thought Biden was And it was late at night, y'all. No, no, he should have been being at a thirty. Biden was still up, Biden. Biden had took him a weedy or hit him a rear bull or something that day, because Biden was still up Tuesday. Oh all right, but that was come on, Bobby, forget. I don't want to forget nobody.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I don't. I'm just trying to look. There was somebody else here that I thought was worth mentioning. But oh, the last thing I wanted to say about Monday, I'm sorry. So Sean Fayn came out. Sean Fayne is the Union of the Auto Workers, right, and he comes out in a jacket, and you could see he had a T shirt on and he said it was getting hot. So he takes it off and it says Trump is a scab. I loved it. I was on my mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was very Caucasian. That was very Caucasian.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you what else is Because I was raised in a Union house I was raised by a teamster, a sharp steward or teamster. So I thought, scab is the worst insult when you're in the union that you could possibly give anybody.
Speaker 4: That's when.
Speaker 3: That's when you or you don't even get involved in all you go you like bypass it, right. So and he gave again it was about Flowers to Biden. He gave He gave Biden the acknowledgment that he was the first person, the first president in history that came down and literally held a sound for I don't know if you said it hours or hour on the picket line and stood with them and made sure they had everything that they needed. And I so I loved that. I thought that was I thought that was pretty good. And then the other the other one is and you might know the name flame, I don't. They had them the was it the men's basketball coach that came out that was just in the Olympics and he did the Steph Curry night Night line. That was how he went out of out of the speech. And I thought, oh my god, that was hysterical. That's what he wants to tell Trump.
Speaker 4: Night night Tuesday, Tuesday Tuesday, rhyme and just the Obamas came through and just wrecked the room. They just wrecked the room. And I loved that Michelle show a proud woman of color, looks like, stands like, speaks like, and takes no prisoners. First of all, any woman from Chicago, I don't give a damn what nationality she is, right right, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Asian, Indonesian from Swahily. All women from Chicago talked shit, and baby Michelle, Michelle got off her chest. What she couldn't win, he was the president, and what she couldn't win they were in the office. So she got it off that time and with such class and such dignity, and it was very real launch. And then Barack came behind her. And I'm gonna give a RockA A minus on this one. He's a powerful speaker. He's still that man and that man, but that wife that night, Michelle was the A plus. Baracko was the A miners. Baby, I loved him.
Speaker 3: I loved them both. I loved that, she said. She started. She started to speak by saying, Hope is making a comeback because I've told you over the past so many months, and you know, the funny thing is, I've said this to you before, and I just started with my family, my family that are Republicans, that side that as scared as you and I are of Trump getting into office. And I don't understand why they're terrified of a Democrat getting in. And I'm like, I'm not terrified of a Republican getting in. I'm terrified of Donald Trump getting in. You know this particular man. But I thought, oh my god, like that kind of it kind of hit me in the face. But I liked she said something about America being a better story. Kamala is the most qualified candidate. I loved that because I think people are forgetting it. And I love that she said, you know, Donald, she might become and you might be applying for her black job. I thought that was terrific. I loved You're gonna have to tell me flame if I get this wrong. DJ Cassidy was it phenomenal. The music he had it like a dance party. I was bouncing in my seat. He had the music appropriate to each state.
Speaker 4: Well, Bobby, that is where our podcast these you are having a good time. It is so much easier to receive information, and I love that they know that's what we do. I cracked jokes on with y'all and talked my shit over here, because what we're trying to help you guys learn, We think that it's easier if you're laughing while you're doing it. That's it. And dancing John came out. He came, Do you know what my mother says? The road call so with the road cars. Yes, that's what Georgia absolutely waring. Now y'all know I'm taying California, my aunt, myself, my Nancy, But y'all know Georgia had Georgia had won that one.
Speaker 3: They absolutely so my mother. All of a sudden, the little John's music came and he starts dancing, and I could see my mother. My mother's eighty one years old, she just turned last week. She got a little panic in her eye. And he starts to swag a little bit, and he gets all the way down, and she says, you know, I really appreciate that young man not holding his crotch. I said, okay, not all raps grabbed their crutch. But I thought to myself, like your face, yeah, I got that. I'm like, Mom, you are white. If you if you had gone white white, She's she's beyond white. Bernie Sanders came out. He was he was okay, Chuck Schumer met I liked, I liked Tammy Duckworth. She was okay. Anna Navarro. I didn't see an Navarro. I know you spoke to her, and I don't know if you want, I mean you you saw her. So I was watching News Nation, and News Nation was cutting in and cutting out, like if they thought you weren't a list speaker, they would, you know, give you what they thought on Little John, you know, they would talk. So I missed some speakers. I saw her come out. She look like a million bucks. But I didn't hear a word that she said. Was she did you? Was she a host or something?
Speaker 4: She was just yeah, a little bit, but okay. She she was trying to be comical, but it came out it was the delivery for me. Yeah, yeah, but she did. She did look great and like I like Morona, I really do. But I don't think that being snappy and being the message can it came off if it was supposed to be a joke, if she would have laughed and smiled while she was delivering it, because it made it. Yeah, it made it look a little angry. So but she did agree. She did look great. I think she on that. Oh oh ok, she.
Speaker 3: Looks like you go girl, if that's what's working for you. The one I found the most touching, and I don't have his name, and I apologize. I'm assuming it's going to be Carter, but it could have been his daughter's child. Is Jimmy Carter's grandson. When he came out and said that his goal right now is to live until November so he can vote for the first female president, and I thought, you know, one hundred year old man, God bless her.
Speaker 4: Well before we even get to him. That is what Tim Wallace represents to me. If we see the American dream is a house with a picket fence with a dog and hot apple pie and you help your neighbor. If that is what the American we know. The American dream has changed over the years, but everybody still has a house. A lot of your piggy fince turned into a gated community, or your picket fence turned into high security, or the ring that the dream hasn't changed. Y'all tried to change the narrative, but I think that people still want that sense of family from city. With that, I just said that from city to county, to state to country, you still I mean to wherever you live to township, people still want that sense of community. That's what it was.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. And something that we forget about Jimmy Carter is is that he did Jimmy Carter didn't necessarily want more government. Jimmy Carter thought neighbors should be helping neighbors. It didn't meet The government can't do everything. He used to say. It's gotta be us helping each other, not everything coming out of you know, the pie. There's only so much pie, and there are more important things. You know that a neighbor, neighbor has a need and doesn't have food, or the kids don't have shoes, fill it in, figure it out, give them hand me downs, whatever it is. So I liked that about him, but that really touched me. And then of course, you know, I just I just adored Barack Obama, So I thought I thought he was terrific. They were a one two punch, a one two punch.
Speaker 4: They was an ally, but they were fantastic. We got onto Wednesday and then Wednesday, on Wednesday, on Wednesday, my baby, the game. Oh yes, the matriarch, the biggest balls with no balls in politics and a Democratic party. The Nancy baby. The Nancy had gave it and the Nazy was not me. She the Nancy, reminded us about January sixth.
Speaker 3: No, she did. She's very sharp. I did hear a few booze for her, and but I think the booze were around. People are still a little unsettled with how everything went down with Biden. I think people are going to get over that, but I do I feel myself. I wish it was handled a little differently or whatever. But but I liked the words that she said. I always find I think she's a great speaker. She's a thoughtful speaker. You know, she's thought out what she's going to say. She's a little slower with her speech than she was than she has been in the past. I thought she looked beautiful. This is a woman in her mid eighties. She is a beautiful woman.
Speaker 4: Is a cold piece.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean in her forties or thirties, she must have been stunning. The m Hoff kids came out and they did that whole they did that whole little bit, uh introducing their dad. I thought it was I thought it was absolutely sweet. Oh you know who else the poet that Angela? Angela Gorman. She came out. God, she's stunning. And then you know my girl, Oprah. I just absolutely door Oprah. So uh she came.
Speaker 4: Out, so Andrew and Andrew, is it Andrea?
Speaker 3: I thought it was Angela Amanda Amanda, Yes, that's it.
Speaker 4: Omen was so. She was absolutely breathtaking. Her words are always so prolific in the way that she delivers them. I watched I watched her Oprah behind the scenes where she said she was so nervous. I didn't get that at all. I thought she was amazingly remarkable in her delivery and the dediction of her words and the way that she paused and breathed. And remember that she was delivering the speech. She was fantastic.
Speaker 3: She's so young to remember, she's not a super seasoned girl.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I think she's only still in her early twenties.
Speaker 4: So she is. She is a consummate professional. Yeah, she will be the Maya Angelo, Well she is. She will be the legend one day to Maya this year.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think so. I think so true. And they had Buddha Judge came out. Oh, I loved John because I love Prince, but I loved John Legends and Chili.
Speaker 4: E hold on, hold on, let me back you up, Hold your horses, you're moving. Don't skip over. Booty Jets. Booty Jas was fancy. Let me tell you them. I am falling more and more and more in love with Booty Jeez. I gave Booty js hell when he first came out, too, but I am falling in love with b He is a no nonsense, easy to listen to, seem very very truthful, very genuine about what he has to say, and he seems like he cares about this country I likes. I do too.
Speaker 3: I think we're going to see big things from him. I think we're going to see someone else that live love. I mean absolutely a door. He was on the Daily Show. He was spitting, he was spitting rhymes. Was Wes Moore. I love Wes Moore. I thought he came out. He was faithful to Biden until the very end, and even still I loved him coming out. Joshapiro, We're gonna see big things from him too. He's got great energy. I don't I don't feel about him a certain way like I do about Buddha judge or more. Amy Klobashaw, God bless her. She always does a good job. I also loved I found super touching on this night was when Tim Walls's UH student came out and spoke about him and he was a neighbor and how he used to do for people and he and his wife, and I thought this was so touching. There was a there was a child I'll call him a child because I don't know if he was in the high school. He must have been who had a large food bill and didn't have any any means to pay off his lunch bill. So Tim and his wife, you know, contacted the school and said what jobs could we do? Like and that's he ended up doing some sort of like seventh or eighth grade coaching job for a nominal amount. But they paid off the kids. They paid off the kids lunch bill and made sure he was eating for the to the whatever.
Speaker 4: And I ain't that what Christian's supposed to do, help other people. That's what that's what he did do.
Speaker 3: And he probably was dying that this kid told about it.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, what you're also supposed to do is not talk about the good deeds you do that kind of takes the shine off the good deed. I guess it wasn't him talking about it. But then they brought the football team. Oh, I thought it was so cute, the winning football team. Some of the players all middle aged triple chins. I thought it was terrific.
Speaker 4: Bobby come back, Bobby come back, come back by a good guy.
Speaker 3: And then Tim Wallas accepted the nomination.
Speaker 4: And Tim Tim Wallas is a og. And I'm gonna tell you if I did love Tim Walls before when I because I didn't know much about him until now I'm realized I gave I had to give him a minute because I got to see I gotta feel you out. But Tim Wallas is a shit talker. And you know if you and Ship talking to you all right with me? And coach and horse facey ass came after Tim Walls's son and as a parent, I don't know why y'all keep going after these people kids as a parent. But because she ain't no paying with as a parent, you cannot go as the people kids baby. Tim Wallas had slapped back and clap back hard.
Speaker 3: I thought it was cute that the Sun was so proud of him. That's my dad's Like. It was just the cutest thing. I thought. He won me over. I thought that was very very sweet of him. I thought, I mean, if we can't be proud of our family, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is going, I think from what people see, and they trying to They trying to find some ugly and they're going to continue to try to find both candidates. I'm telling you now, if you listen to us, they focused. They don't don't fall for the okie do because the okie dope is coming and it's gonna come heavier and heavy and heavier leading up to the election. So be like again, be like a horse. Will blander own and then Bobby Clifford because I thought was fucking First of all, I did guy to give respect that Oprah looked absolutely.
Speaker 3: Incredible, seventy years old, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: And she was she was so up in that purple suit, looking amazing and her hair is always done. But Oprah was prolific in her words. She was proud and Oprah said she is an independent. She is She's proud that she's a proud independent. But she was voting this year for Kamala Harris for so many different reasons, and the open she used to have a lot more weight than it does. But people still love and respect Oprah Winfrey. So be a fact that she spoke out, because I don't think she has ever spoken out public before. Candidate she's Obama, Yeah, Obama.
Speaker 3: She she she came out for Obama. I see her more as and I know exactly what you're saying about weight. I think she's like a sniper from the side though, like she just lays back. She doesn't have to be like in your face because as Americans, if you're not in our face every day, we forget all about you. She has her fingers in a gazillion other pots and in different ways, and she's she continues to help help people. But even Loungaria was there. You know what I loved. I thought was so cute. Gabby Gifford and Mark Kelly. I thought they were I can't say as much a one two punch they were tap.
Speaker 4: I loved her. I loved her spirit and her courage.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, her brain. Her brain has been piered. Like the fact that she can even you know how hard she had to work to even with a piece of your brain missing, to compensate on other sides, use other parts of your brain. That she's she's a fighter.
Speaker 4: That's hold on. That's not an excuse because you don't how many Trumpelicans get their whole brain.
Speaker 3: You're too funny. But I thought I thought that was that was terrific. And he just looks at her. He loves her so much. They they I feel badly about you know about that that happened. She was only like forty years old. Kerrie Washington came out. She had Tony good good is Goldwyn, she had the scandal, the president from the scandal. I thought, so my favorite art or most touching. I had two of them where Kamala's great nieces came out and I thought this was adorable with Carrie Washington and tried to teach people how to say the name Kamala if they were having because some people seem to be having trouble. So I loved that.
Speaker 4: I think that's on purpose, yeah.
Speaker 3: But oh my, oh yeah, for sure. I mean that was Kerrie was pretty clever. But I was doing that, but I thought that was sweet. I also loved when Kamala's stepdaughter and her niece and the god daughter came out I thought that was very touching. And her daughter, her sister, Oh my god, her sister is stunning, gorgeous, drop dead. I thought that was I mean, think of this family. Two parents come from two different countries, immigrants, they come here as teenagers. They educate themselves, they're both PhDs, researchers, whatever. They have two daughters. They get both daughters Ivy League educations, law school and college. Now here's the here's the kicker, because not all life is great. Right, The younger, the drop dead, gorgeous darter, gets pregnant at seventeen. They as a family, as a unit, the three women, the mother, Kamala and the baby's mom, Maya raised that baby. She is also IVY League school educated in an attorney.
Speaker 4: Well, Kamma is HBCU. She went to she went to Howard.
Speaker 3: I know that's what I well, I'm considering it. And then she went to like Harvard or.
Speaker 4: Yale or whatever for law school.
Speaker 3: Right, and so her sister was the same, like was, you know, those are impressive schools to get into.
Speaker 4: Ways I don't want to do. I don't I don't want you to make the mistake and discreded the HBCU. We don't want Howard University angry with us. They got to get the sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm putting them in with the ivy leagues.
Speaker 4: That that's the compliment. But you still have to call them by name, because yes, and Howard has kicked out a lot of monster's baby, they got a lot of big wigs that came through Howard. So congratulations Howard University forgetting y'all looked possibly our first very first female president and first female president of color, a black woman.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite? Remember you told me earlier who your favorite was?
Speaker 4: So last night because we on the last night that yeah, so last night, Oh so last night, lots of people spoke, lots of people spoke. I thought Deal Huge as a comedian was funny to me, and Deal has an he has a great political mind as well. But my absolute favorite last night, which I thought that we needed more than anything else. Upset up there on their stage outside of Kamala speaking was Adam Kinjinger because he is a lifelong, staunch Republican who will not beersuaded persuaded. This made but when he came out and said that he couldn't do this anymore, to me, that's what he was saying and went right to us when I said, told you, Bobby, even white folks is sick of this chaotic shit. And when you get a Republican like that to be like, you know what, I'm choosing my country over my party, that's all he's not. And he's he's not saying that he's Democrat. He is choosing America over the foolishness that he could come. So he never changed his party ship. He just it's doing the right thing. It's the decent thing, the American thing. And so he was my favorite because the way he delivered that message, you could tell that it didn't bother him that he did that. He that he's doing it. I think it bothered him that he has to do it.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly that's that's how I took the speech. I think his words were similar to that, but I thought so. I thought it was very powerful. Of course, they were dragging him today, naturally, I also found power perful just to step back to somebody that you just mentioned. I think the nature of a true man is when you can apologize and own up to something that you've done incorrectly. And I loved that. Jill Hughgley on the biggest platform that you possibly could guess apologize to Kamala. I thought that was terrific too. But yeah, Adam Kinziger was. There were a few gops. There were so many speakers. I couldn't like write the names and get everything down, but there were a few. I think there was a Secretary of Defense that was in there. I know that there was. There was either a former congressman or senator that had come out.
Speaker 4: You know who I liked. I liked the sheriff. The sheriff was yeah too. Yeah, he was the younger guy. He was really handsome. Yeah, and he was, and he was. He didn't talk about police reform, but he did that. The way that he saivy his words was like there has to be some change within the department.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm right with you. There wasn't anything. So I liked them all. There wasn't anybody I didn't like. I thought some of them maybe not as important. I've already said this to you. I thought, jeez, a lot of these So some of the point of getting all of these people out and us getting to know Kamala ourselves is for the swing voters and the independence. Well, you can't put the president, the vice president. You can't put these people on a friggin midnight like. I don't think they managed the time she was done.
Speaker 4: She was done early last night and she I.
Speaker 3: Was wasn't It was like twelve forty five. I mean he should have been night.
Speaker 4: Night, for the love of God, except for two days. Uh, God blessom anyway to be in the room last night. Yeah, let me tell you that the feeling in the room was so yes. And you know how I tell you guys all the time, the energy is transferable. I was way up in the box, every one of the nice foller boxes. Yeah, but the energy in the entire arena at the United Stenter was just it was so thick you could cut it. Because people were smiling, and people were high fiving each other and hugging each other and fist bumping and just positive. And it was a barrage of colors in there and nationalities and everybody was embracing each other because that is what America looks like. That is what America looks like. And I wish you people could have saw behind the scenes of how the positivity brought us together while the hate and anger divided us more because that's what it would have been a perfect analogy to see that people were interviewing and hugg the men were hugging each other and hugging on the women and wooa woo, And that's what they need to see, because positivity does make you smile and bring people together. Negativity separates you, because that's what it's meant to do. She was incredible. She was incredible. She looked her hair and person was so beautiful. I'm like, I wonder if after she wins, what will her hell look like in four years? They gonna be plenty of had that because everybody who goes in for the job wants her out white. Is this sheep? Good? God?
Speaker 3: I know poor Biden has got fourteen he has left on his head after what.
Speaker 4: She was so powerful with her poigant, her dicktion. I love that she told us about her family. She led us on the inside. She made us come into her living room to get to know who she was and why we should trust her. I love that she brought her policy. I love that she stood on her conviction with her courage, because that's what it's going to take to be the next president of the United States, You're going to have to have a lot of courage, and we know that last administration don't have none. He ran to the bunkers holding the Bible upside down. Anyway, that same bidble that he sold y'all, well, he was down there holding that room side down about it. He said, let me put some gold on it and sell it to y'all.
Speaker 3: After y'all, he ran in his gold sneakers.
Speaker 4: She was. It was amazing, and the historic moment of that. When I thought about it, I'm in I am experiencing history. This will go down a legacy forever. And I was here. I was not able or old enough or I don't even think I was alive during the Selma marches or doing like the bus boycott in Alabama, but I could say that I was a part of this history because this was a historic, a historic moment. We're trying to be fair over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I mean they said, think of this. I mean, and I'm speaking to you, mister President Trump, because you're so concerned about crowd sizes. I loved how Obama worked that into I literally fell off my chair off and so high. Twenty Nielsen reports that twenty eight point nine million people were viewing when she was giving her speech. Wow, that's a lot of people.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people. It was the most watched show on TV. And I'm telling you right now, make sure that you are registered to vote, make sure that you get your ducks in a row, because we are in a fight, and the lives will come, the bs will come. But if your man is focused on what you want at the end of the at the end of the target, which is we want to save the bit of democracy that we have. We already know how it's going to go the other way if it goes the other way, So we have to do all that we can so that it does not go the other way. That's it. That was one nice part, Okay, lady. I will be at New York on Monday night at one night, one hour, one queen at comedy in Harlem, a new location. Go to my website, go to their website or to one of my webs of my social media is for the information. And on Tuesday night, I'm doing a one night at Saint Mark's Comedy Club. Same thing, one night, one hour, one queen. Come and get it. Google their name, go to their website or to the box office or go to my page my social media to find out where it's going to be. I would see you guys in New York. You know, I'd love to come to the Big Apple and bring my own worm. Thank you very much, but thank you guy, Bobby. And you can follow Bobby Clifford at Clifford Bobby on Instagram and at Bobby Clifford on Facebook. And I am Monroe Flame on Instagram and flame more on everything else to Flame Monroe one two five on TikTok. Listen, ladies and gentlemen, We thank you guys for joining us. It has been an exciting week. The energy that we have when we have seventy four days, you gotta keep it.
Speaker 3: You got to help who you can seventy three seventy three.
Speaker 4: In seventy three day. And in the words of Michelle Obama, do something and you might think it's very small, but do something. It might inspire somebody who wasn't going to vote, who's undecided on their vote, who sees it another way. Because let me tell you, y'all, all these year go think you've got a Simulus check. There was a guy on Instagram who broke it down today and says, you got a sixteen hundred dollars check for four years, that is seventy five cent a day. Are you worth seventy five cent a day? I'm asking you who's waiting on a simulus check that was not even approved by Donald Trump. It was approved by the Democratic Congress headline, but the diva, the one, the Nancy. He did not want you guys to have a similar check. He said COVID wasn't real one day and three days later he said, put some bleach in your arm and put it up under UV light.
Speaker 3: And remember, people keep keep getting this part. We got a stimulus check because the economy was shut down due to the pandemic. There are no checks coming no matter who gets in. They don't just give us checks. So don't be voting thinking somebody's going to give you something.
Speaker 4: It's not one more time, one more time. Are you only worth seventy five five cents a day? But they make more than that in prison. That's the truth. Okay, ladies, I'm here at Left and Learn. We are not trying to get you to change your man. We are only trying to get you to use your man because you know why.
Speaker 3: Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste, and so it was.
Speaker 4: A vot and a vote is even worse. It's hopeful, voteful, be hopeful. Let's get voteful. We got some to do, y'all, and it's important we got something to do, because if we don't get this something to do, they are going to do something and you're not gonna like it. You're not gonna like it. Have a great week, Talk to you so and sing you in New York by then too is the peace. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, our Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you, guys, this is flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn