Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any of the excitement this football season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right. It's officially that time of year. You might lose hope in your team, but don't worry. That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going. Week six of football was something Tampa, Indy. They're legit. I wasn't wrong when I said I was feeling good about Baker Mayfield shaking Bake and that Tampa squad. I'm all there on Baker touchdowns more more more. Prize Pick is simple to play. Just pick more or less on at least two player stats. If you get those picks right, you could cash in. Prize Picks is the only app that offers stacks, meaning you can pick the same player up to three times in the same lineup. Want to pick more on Baker touchdowns, pass yards, rush, Now you can pick all of them in the same lineup only on Prize Picks. Download the Prize Pick app today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup on Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Oh, the Kansas City Chiefs take down the Detroit Lions by the score of thirty to seventeen. Kansas City moves to five hundred with a three and three record, and the Chiefs go to four and two. I am your favorite unk, Shannon Sharp. That is my partner in co host. That's Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame honoree, a former pro bowler and an All Pro. He's Chad o Jo Senko Johnson. Please make sure you guys hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button. Tell family, friends, and loved ones to do likewise and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to personally thank you each and every one of you for your support, your eyes, your ears, and word of mouth, because thanks to you, Nightcap has been able to win numerous awards. And been able to ascend the heights we could have only imagined. Thank you so much for your support and you'll continue support. I would like to thank you and encourage you to check out Shave by Laportier Premium BSPKNJACT now. If you cannot find shave by Laportier in a city or a state near you, ordered online will ship it directly to your door. It's the best tasting, smoothest premium be supe KGJACT on the market. Don't take my word for it, try for yourself and if you know someone that's tried to ask them, they will give you your honest assessment. Please direct responsible and stay safe. Make sure you go check out my media company on all of its platforms. That's Shape Shape Media. Add my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is in the chat. Make sure you guys check out Debo and Joe first thing in the morning. James Harrison and Joe Hayden. Go subscribe to their YouTube page. Devo and Joe their live Monday, Tuesday and Friday, eleven a m Eastern. That's Deebo and Joe, Oh Joe the Chiefs Beat the Lions thirty seventeen. After the game, cameras called Brian Branch refusing to shake Joe Patrick Mahomes' hand.
Speaker 3: And then shove Juju shoots Juju pas the start of brawl.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahons threw for two hundred and fifty seven yards three touchdowns, ran for another score. Hollywood Brown had his best game as a Chief two touchdowns. Looked more like Mahomes of Oh, the Chiefs offense is starting to get back in the gear and starting to look like the Chiefs offense that we're used to seeing. When Patrick Mahomes basically started in what twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen and ran that thing all the way until like twenty three. This is the offense that we expected to see. Twenty two or thirty two fifty seven, three touchdowns. They ran the ball twenty nine times fo one hundred and twelve yards. Really good, no turnovers, This clean game for Mahome boy, Oh Joe looking at we'll get to Detroit talk about them in a minute.
Speaker 3: What did you like about what you saw?
Speaker 4: From the fact that we see in the early Chiefs that we all used to love, we're seeing the Chiefs that scored damn their twenty eight to thirty points a game. You had receivers. It was by committee. You never knew who night it was gonna be. So obviously, now when you play the Chiefs and you're going in and you're studying, you're going from game to game, you don't know who night is gonna be. Tonight it was Hollywood Brown, last week it was it might have been Jusual, it might have been Taekwon Thornton, you know. So the fact that they're also being able to establish the run, to balance the offense out, to keep everything honest, especially defense because you don't know what's coming. That's the great thing for the Chiefs. And the fact that Patrick Mahomes playing so well, he played a clean game as well, playing a clean game and then being able to play defense on the back end consistently against a great offense, a great creative offense. That game, I'm sure that Dan Campbell is responsible for. It is a really good game. Obviously, the Chiefs defense and offense has been up and down, which is something it's been some slippage, something that we talked about earlier in the season and where we thought they really weren't gonna be the same, especially coming out the gate, oh and two and look we we we're in week six. We're in week six and every yeah, everything looked completely different than the conversations we had just.
Speaker 3: This week.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, what they've been able to do in such a short amount of time and changing everything around to everybody dropping balls, or that they're not playing defense like they used to, or we were talking about Chris Jones not not hustle, not having an effort, you know on certain plays, to looking like they did tonight is an unbelievable thing.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is, Oho, is that, like you said, each week, it's a different receiver. Tonight, they really didn't use a whole lot of twy Cown Thornton. I didn't really see him on the field a whole lot ojo tonight. It was all about juju. Travis Kelson had his best game receiving of the year. Hollywood Brown. We mentioned Hollywood Xavier Worthy doing Xavier Worthy, but he didn't get a whole lot of opportunities. I think if you go back and look look at what they've done the past two weeks, is that they've started off throwing the football in order to run the football, and they stayed in front of the sticks. This offense is predicated. As long as we can stay and stay in thirty short thirdy manageable, Oh shoe, Now we can run it or we can throw it. If you go back and look, if I see what they were on third down, as long as they were manageable, they were good. Well, camp City was only four to ten, but they knew, even Dan Campbell knew normally at home. When they're clicking, you gotta get to thirty. You can't beat this team. You can't beat this team in Arrowhead if they're playing good football and you don't get to at least thirty, or you need to take the ball away. You need to get a scoop and go, you know, strip side. You need to get a tip or camera or something. But if they play a clean game and they're on top of their game, you're gonna have to meet fire with fire. And you saw early on both teams going forward on fourth down because they knew kicking field goals weren't going to win them the game. Look, last started Monday. They threw the ball early, short stuff, get your ball out of mahomes hand. Let's try to slow this rush down. And now we can get back to running. And I thought they did a good job. I thought Andy did an unbelievable job of play calling tonight, getting the ball out of Mahomes quick and quick. And if you notice something on yoll And, we've seen this the trans the transformation over the last three years. Mahomeboy ain't sitting back there, bitch, patting the ball. He'll take running.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: The only thing I would say, Mahon boys, sometimes you got to know the journey over. Okay, now you keep dropping that show on people. Now I'll tell you that people Hey, people go hey, they they're gonna drop back on you. Now, that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. And you know, quarterbacks don't do a whole lot of a lot of their shoulder work is banned. They not lifted, so they don't got that that meet them. They're like, like most guys have, just be careful. But I like the way they played tonight. They did a great job. I really think the turning point of this ball game, and it wasn't you know, is that arm and Ross Saint Brown had some of the best hands in football.
Speaker 3: But on that fourth down, I.
Speaker 1: Think that was a turn because they had great they had great rhythm, they had great momentum. And you know that because oh Jo, they're gonna get They were gonna get it. At worst case the now you get nothing. Now you get nothing out of that, and Kansas City get the ball right out.
Speaker 3: Of the gate. But uh, Detroit, Detroit didn't play bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you play in Kansas City and they play to the level of that they're playing tonight, they're gonna be hard to beat. Now, it doesn't matter if they're an arrowhead or they don't matter if they're coming to your building.
Speaker 3: That is still Patrick Mahome.
Speaker 4: And obviously we saw what we saw tonight from the Chiefs is what we've seen consistently from the Lions. This lionsly weekend and week weekend and week out. Nich just happens to be one of those weeks where you're playing the team. Now mean you're playing the other thirty one teams. It's not that many teams. It's gonna come out there and put thirty on you. There ain't too many. You got. You got the Chiefs, you got maybe the Packers, you got maybe the Bucks that have the offense. Right, Lions, Yeah, they have the offense to be able to kind of points you putting up. You get where you have to meet fire with fire. You have to take certain chances in certain situations because you know, field goals is not gonna get it done, because this team can score at will, you know, throughout the majority of the game. So, I mean, you have games like this, you want to be as perfect as possible, and the team that makes the fewest mistakes, whether it be drops, whether it be interceptions, whether it be turnos, whatever it may be, the team that makes the fewest mistakes normally comes out on top. And that's what we saw tonight.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, there weren't a whole lot of penalties. The Chiefs had no pendities, the Lions only had four for thirty eight yards. So this was a barely clean game. The refs let them play, which we like to see, o Jo. We like when reffs let them play. But we got to stop this notion. Every time the Chiefs win, mister Reefs, you don't win that many games. Ain't no way you can get You can get Travis Kelsey, mom, you can get his dad, you can get Taylor Swifted, You get a lot of people ain't no way you winning just because of the officials. And I get it. It happens all the time. They used to say the same thing with the Patriots. You used to say this, and that's what happens. When you win a lot. People have to have a reason, well why they win it, instead of like, you know, they got good players, they got a good system, they got a good scheme, they got great coaching. We have to have a reason why instead of just looking at the product and looking at the players. See what has happened over the last years is that people like, well, they're catching up to Patrick Mahomes. Well, you're measuring Patrick against this work. You measured everybody else at their best, but you're measuring him at his worst. So you telling me, if Patrick mahone plays his best, and another and every other quarterback plays their best, you take that quarterback over, my home boy.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: If every quarterback, all thirty two quarterbacks and everybody's healthy, if they played their absolute best and Patrick mahone plays his absolute best, you're not taking another quarterback that's currently playing in the NFL over Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: That's how good he's been. I mean, think about it.
Speaker 1: He's been in a little starter for eight years, and he's never he doesn't know what it's like not to be in an AFC championship game.
Speaker 3: In five of those years, he's been in the super Bowl. So when you look at it like that, and I get it, some shall we get tired? Man?
Speaker 1: How many times don't Joe? Have you heard let somebody else win? How many time you heard that? O Joe, I'm tired of it with let somebody else win. It don't work like that. When I put that kind of time in, you gonna have to beat me, cause I'm just not gonna stop winning. Even when you were a kid, O Joe, I ain't gonna let you win. No, you gotta beat me. I'm not gonna let you win. Look, I don't think there's anything wrong with the Lions. I really don't. I think their offense is really good. They miss missed a few opportunities, a couple of drops, but I thought they did really well. They didn't get I think they only got gave up one side tonight. They were not as clean as they normally are. Over two on fourth down. That's not the Lions. The Lions are normally three or four on fourth downs. You know, cause they're gonna go for it. They're gonna put pressure on you. You know, when you play the Lions, you gotta score point, absolutely because every every position that they have is really four downs. And you don't know. Now, you like the fake like damn okay, four down, but they might fake punch it, fake fake punt it.
Speaker 3: And you see the play that they call.
Speaker 1: But see what they didn't realize is that the quarterback starts up for the center he has to go, so he has to come to a complete state.
Speaker 4: You know that I was confused on that call as well, because most of the time I'm thinking, well, wait a minute, now, I see the Dolphins, the other team do the same thing all the time. Ty, you could come in motion and he never comes to complete stop. The ball just snaps. But I didn't. But he didn't start on that. I didn't know that little clicker right there.
Speaker 1: So definitely, it's it's a lot. It's a lot of little nuances. It's just like if two people are moving at the same time once, you're gonna have to both guys are gonna have to come to a complete stop, or you're gonna have two guys in motion and that's what they got. Ill you got illegal motion. But I think, look, this was a great game tonight. Obviously, I would like to see it a little closer. I was hoping Detroit could score, maybe get an on sidekick, make it really really interesting. But give Kansas City. When they needed to bow their backs, they bowed their backs, and uh, that's what you want from a great team.
Speaker 3: When it's all said and done, Kansas.
Speaker 1: City's gonna be there in the Yeah, o Joe, you know they get Rashid Rice back this week.
Speaker 4: Ye. He show is coming. He show is coming back. And the funny thing about it is not on as he's coming back. But as well as they played so far without him a week each week they've gotten better and better. And like I said, it's by committee. You don't know which receiver is going to have his day. I don't like the fact that Taekwon type Taekwon Thornton has such a intricate part of the offense.
Speaker 3: It's all.
Speaker 4: You know, they know the package or whatever play they might have had for him, it just wasn't the same. I hate I hate when they play that game.
Speaker 1: I hate that too, because he's played so well and he's gaining confidence, and the last thing I want to do is to do something to suppress his confidence because he's looking around like, what what did I do this week?
Speaker 4: Around me?
Speaker 1: Why was I not? Because he scored a touchdown? Damn Every week he's played, O Joe, and he's played extremely well. Big catch after big catch, big play after big play. Uh So it's very very unfortunate. Hopefully, excuse me, they get into a situation where they get him where he can come back around and make play for him again. Oh Joe, the game that you within, Yeah, I told.
Speaker 4: You one thing about it, the one thing about please please don't do that. Please don't do that. Ya don't do that, because it didn't. It didn't look as good as you did. It looked like a woman with no makeup. That's that's what the game. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't It looked like a woman with no makeup. It's nothing to It was an ugly contest and y'all still lost.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It was an ugly content and you lost, Okay, And I told you what was gonna happen. I told you, I told you what's gonna happen. I said Oh yo, they're gonna be They're gonna be on Justin fields like lions on a wheelbeast. I said, you watch what did.
Speaker 4: You see that?
Speaker 3: He was right? He's right. Did you see it? Stat line? End of the game.
Speaker 1: I saw his stat line fin to go over in sta line. He was nine of seventeen for forty five passing yards. When you take away the sack yards, he was minus ten yards passing. That is the that's the fewest pass yards in Jet's history. That's the fewest allowed by a team since nineteen ninety eight. So it's been twenty seven years since somebody has had a worse passing line than what Justin Bills had today. They sacked them nine times for minus fifty five yards. They had eighty two yards. Let chat in an NFL game, A team had eighty two yards of total offense. In a sixty minute NFL game. They were two of fifteen on third down fifty seven yards of total offense. No diskill me tay that back. They had eighty two yards of total offense. Uh nine sacks, fifteen hits, seven tackles for losses, four passes defended, minus ten passing yards. This is a and I tweeted, Oyo, this is a new low even for the Jets. Eighty two total yards, eighty two FN yards in an NFL game, two of fifteen on third downs, and allowed nine sacks. This is the worst offensive performance I've seen in a while. Not sure if it can be fixed. This was awful and it wasn't Joe, Ojo, I don't think I'm bringing news. I'm gonna be honest with Yojo. I don't know how well justin Field's process is information. He freezes, he freezes. There are a couple of times, Oh Joe, he's got to take the flat right now.
Speaker 3: Oh he's done something that he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't Yes, I don't. I don't know what it is. Oh Joe, he's got to get out. This isn't college. In the NFL, you must throw people open.
Speaker 3: Guys are not.
Speaker 1: Yes, sometimes they'll blow a coverage and you and the guys wide open and you could throw it to him.
Speaker 3: But nine eight and a.
Speaker 1: Half times out of ten, you've got to throw guys open in this league. Guys are just the guys are too good, and I just don't know, and I'm watching them, Oh Joe, and he freezes a lot of time It's like, I'm like, bro and I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We we and we blame the Chicago and we said it was ebra Flus and with Pittsburgh, well he didn't get a chance. Now he has a chance. And I don't know what it is, but I just know this, he's not processing the information as fast as he needs to. And to be great at that position, you else process information extremely fast because O Joe is happening. It's one two three, hey you state.
Speaker 4: One yeah, two, you got you gotta get out of the most definitely, especially with them not really black and well for them being sacked nine times a day. See from your point of view, so you're able to have better contexts on why it looked the way it did. You know, sit sweet and watching you know, live in person is a little different. You just see everything happening fast in person. Don't know why it's happening because there's no replay, there's nothing, there's nothing you can watch.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't like watching games in the state because you look, I want to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I really couldn't understand. I didn't know what is I didn't know it was as bad as it was once I saw the stat lines at the end of the game, I saw them obviously running for his life. I saw there there wasn't much they were able to do offensively. You know. I talked I talked a G. I talked AG before the game. I was like, listen, congratulation, everything you're doing. You know, let's hope you guys turn this thing around and getting the boys are playing and A, I guess it's just it's just wasn't the week not playing against that guy, Damn Broncos defense. And listen, you said what they was gonna do and then went out there and did everything you said it was gonna do. And it's almost like it's almost like the Jets don't even look like an NFL team. Damn there like they.
Speaker 1: Do at times, they really don't. I'm like, did y'all practice? Ain't no way. You either either one or two things. You're not practicing or you're practicing to be just this bad because normally people practice to be good.
Speaker 3: You got to practice doing what they're doing. This is bad. This is bad.
Speaker 1: And I hate it for a G because I know AG personally, I know him well. He's a He's a really good dude. But he could not have gotten off to the worst start because these guys, for whatever reason, whatever they're coaching is not resonating. It's not getting through to them. Garrett Wilson was asked on the SA asked about his sideline exchange with Oh, Joe, let's take yeah, let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 5: And at the end of the first half, when you were walking off the field, is that the way the driving way?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: Like, you know, that stuff like that is just I don't know, y'all. Y'all, I just didn't know exactly what the plan was, and and once I figured it out, you know, I was disappointed and I would just say that, so, yeah.
Speaker 3: How do you run a ply?
Speaker 4: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know exactly like what the plan was. I just I just thought we were once we you know, converted the fourth down, I just thought we were going further, you know, trying to make the play, and then obviously we get to another fourth down and it's a tough spot to be in. So, you know, in hindsight, I get why they did that, but in the moment, I was just like, man, I don't know, Yeah, m hm.
Speaker 4: He's speaking, he's speaking specifics. Huh, he's speaking, you know, Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what they was doing. I was like, y'all just gonna let the time run out. Ain't nobody, you're not gonna run to play, You're not the clock managements.
Speaker 4: Well, and I'm like, well, letting the clock go all the way down, Let's let's try to do something. Let's let's do something. But obviously, you know he's frustrated. He's frustrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be. The guy was hold up. The guy has been.
Speaker 1: He was offensive rookie of the year with some very marginal quarterbacks, and allegedly supposedly they had supposed to have gotten better quarterbacks, but his stats aren't indicative of that. So he's frustrated by that. Second of all, when you do what they did, it tells me you don't trust your quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you don't.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason you would do something like that, because we've seen other teams with other quarterbacks with that same amount of time try to run plays. And if we got time, we're gonna call, we're gonna use our timeouts, or we're gonna cheat to help the guys hope the guys get out of bounds. But when you just let that amount of time just run off the clock, no way in hell you cannot get vince me the.
Speaker 3: Ump the quarterback.
Speaker 4: You don't because that's the only reason you do a time like that. We can't put our team. We can't put our quarterback because the decision making is not where it needs to be. Debate, be able to put him in situations that might not be advantageous for him, because he might make the wrong decision with the ball. We can't trust him.
Speaker 3: To make matters worse.
Speaker 1: Wilson suffered an injury to one of his knee ligaments, and he'll have an in my eye upon returning to New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Oh yo.
Speaker 1: Look and when he did and he was laid with the ball, he was all over the place. He had him on the out and and and he throws it behind him. He had another guy he had he would have had the first down, and you know he ends up hurting his back and so the gold down. They don't even have Gary Wilson in the ball game.
Speaker 4: I'm like, whatever could go wrong went wrong today for their mom.
Speaker 3: It we're wrong with o yo.
Speaker 1: Even the best defense attorney, Will it struck you at some point in time. We don't have a winnable case at some point in time, and it's coming sooner rather than later. Hey, I don't know. I don't I don't know how much further I can stick my neck out for Justin Fields.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't know, Oyo, I don't know.
Speaker 4: In order to have a chance on in his league is thirty two teams. In order to have a chance, I don't care who's coaching. I don't care what you have on office line. I don't care what you have at the receiver. I don't care what you have on defense. In order to have a chance in today's era of football, you gotta have a quarterback. He doesn't have to be the fastest, He didn't have to have the best arm. He just has to be consistent in his decision making. He has to have exquisite anticipatory skills and being able to play this play the position, being able to process information in front of him, and being able to do exactly what you ask him to make sure that offense goes whatever that may be, whatever it may be.
Speaker 3: I thought, I thought this.
Speaker 4: To be good for Justin Fields, especially with the signs that he showed us with the Steers last year and who into a winning record until Russell Wilson was given the job by Mike Tomlin. Like, you know what if Justin Fields gets his own team, I think he's gonna be okay because he showed flashes of brilliance and what he could do when he's quarterback number one. Now, your quarterback number one, you ain't got nobody to worry about. You don't have nobody looking over your shoulder, so you can actually play free. You can. Based on the play calls and some of the things that they were doing, it's like they don't even trust in the quarterback that they have because they're not. The play calling isn't free. We have to protect our quarterback from himself. So you know what we want to have We're gonna let the clock round because we don't we don't even want to put him in this situation. We have to make certain decisions because it can go wrong.
Speaker 3: You're right, it's bad.
Speaker 1: It's bad, and I know, and and AG's like wants to show support, But I don't know how much longer that because at the end of the day, O Joe, you got fifty other guys in that locker room now, and I understand the lord team that you want to have for your quarterback and you want to show support, but you'll lose the locker room supporting one as opposed to the other guys, because they'll look like and they know, O Joe, you've been in locker rooms for a long time.
Speaker 3: I've been in locker rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and maybe Tyrod, maybe it's time to a maybe you give it a couple of more games, you like, well, hey, justin I'm sorry, We're gonna have to let let let Tyrod have a go a.
Speaker 4: Bit see see if you can get some things going.
Speaker 3: Because this is this, this doesn't this does this is this is terrible. Now. Look Lebronco defenses really good. That front seven.
Speaker 1: Oh they get at the quarterback and if you think about it, they're rotational the a Bonito and Cooper. They'll go a series and then the next they got a whole different center looking lineup and they they got that. They gotta they got a NASCAR package that they just keep rotating them and they keep coming. They collapse you from the outside and then you got big Allen collapse in the middle. So or and they're gonna run you into somebody. If you run wide, Coop got you. If you run to the other side, Benito got you. You try to step up in the pocket, you got alan collapse in the pocket. So they're really good, don't get me wrong. Now, that's not a slop defense. And passertained is legit. He is legit. He is hands down the better. Ya Hey.
Speaker 3: He is smooth man.
Speaker 1: He is so smooth the way he can transition, and he's long a his r like this along and.
Speaker 3: So he doesn't have to be that close to do this or to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really good, we exchange.
Speaker 3: He's he's so fluid.
Speaker 1: I mean for someone to be as tall as he is and to be as fluid through the hips as he is, because bro, he backfell and get out of there in a hurry, and he could whip his hips and go.
Speaker 3: But oh, y'all. Being raised on a farm, I was.
Speaker 1: In four h went to county fairs, went to a goat show, a cow show, and I've seen it, and I've been to the circus. I ain't never seen no ish like what I saw with it yesterday.
Speaker 4: You done been around a lot of football too, You ain't seen no legacy.
Speaker 1: I have, but today to this today I'm talking about like, look and I've been on I was like, damn, I'm trying to think. I think maybe one other time that I've actually been around and I saw hell I was a part of it. Had I think you got to go back to ninety two and the Eagles. The Eagles beat us. I think they beat us thirty to nothing. I don't know if we had fifty yards of total offense. Yeah, no, the Eagles.
Speaker 3: No. I was with the Broncos game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was so that was what thirty three years ago, and you gotta think about it, o Jo. They said, the last time somebody had that fewer yards of the passing game that was ninety eight. That was twenty seven years ago, so you're talking about almost three decades. This doesn't happen often, So people, I don't want you to think that, oh man, that could No, this does not happen often, especially in today's game when it's catered for the quarterback and the receivers because you can't punish the quarterback and it's hard for you to touch the receivers. So, with that being said, to get a performance like what they got, today o JO eighty two yards of total.
Speaker 4: Office and that's a testament of how good that defense actually is, even with them being handicapped because of the rules. That's just how good they are.
Speaker 3: And how bad the opposing team was.
Speaker 4: It's that too. Hey, listen, two things can be true and you.
Speaker 1: They absolutely can be true. But I don't I don't know where the Jets go. I do know, I do know they take their ass home. And then you know, that's a long that's a long ass flight to take an ass whipping you.
Speaker 4: So even watch film or do you do you?
Speaker 3: Hell no, I ain't showing that.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I'm putting that where they put Jimmy Hoffer. What the hell, whoever the hell that is, I'm burying that take. Ain't nobody gonna see that. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna suit NFL films that they show it. You better be glad that they got. Like remember they used to have inside the NFL O shorty, they have the Thursday night they have the game bore you, Yeah, and they show highlight from the game. Now show that, don't y'all show it a d thing? But but this was this was bad. This was bad, and and and you can lose. You can lose. You can lose a locker room.
Speaker 4: If there's one thing about losing the locker room and the coach having to make a very tough decision, you know, forquarterback, for a quarterback that you can sit you at number one, a quarterback that that that's been paid. Is the backup? Is the backup? The answer? Because once once you make a move in the middle of a season like this, we're only in week six. Once you make a move like this, you're making a movie.
Speaker 3: I think they give them a couple more weeks. Soho.
Speaker 1: But if they don't turn this thing around, I can see such oho if we owe and we owe and a oh and nine, oh and ten? So what we try to I mean, what are we trying to do? Because I already know a team and another team that's in the Midwest that's trying to get the No. One pick, that's Cleveland and we'll talking about them in a minute. So are the Jets trying to get the number one pack? Because you trying to get no more pigspense? I see where you go because that quarterback that you bring in the tie rods gonna try to win games. I'm just telling you, and I'm not saying Justin Fields isn't. So you just tell just tell me what to do. Because here's the thing. These other guys in the locker room, they don't care that you're trying to do for the future. I ain't trying to get my head split right now while you building for the future. Damn your future. My future is right now because I might not even be here when we get good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is true, Which is true. And they're they're gonna be some heads rolling now. They're gonna be some attitudes, they're gonna be some frustrations, especially from five. You know, Garrett Wilson ain't finna go for that. Garret's not finna go five. You paid me like the receiver that I am. Please use me as such. Please use me as such, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Last week, Rico Ddell ran for over two hundred yards. He knew the Cowboy was on the schedule. They ask him, he said, tell them to buckle up. They didn't buckle up. The Cowboys beat the Panthers. Excuse me. The Panthers beat the Cowboys by the score of thirty to twenty seven. Another game in which the Cowboys defense were exposed. Brian Schottenheimer stood up for his defensive coordinator, Matt Eberflus. The Cowboys allowed two hundred and sixteen rushing yards, a season high, led by former Cowboy rico'donald, who had one hundred and eighty three yards on thirty carries. It marked the fourth time the Cowboys have allowed at least one hundred and forty four yards rushing this season. It's also the fourth time this season the Cowboys have allowed at least thirty points. It was also the fourth game they have recorded one or fewer sacks. Now, I remember O Joe, because you know Michael couldn't stop the run, and you know a dakins indispensable.
Speaker 3: And Dakin's playing well, Kaka's playing well.
Speaker 1: But Dak is under the same situation that your quarterback was on the last year because his defense is so putrid. If he punts the ball, when he gets it back, if he had a lead, they're either gonna be tied or they're gonna be closer than they were when he punted the ball. Because his defense can't stop anybody. That defense is atrocious. Now they keep blaming I don't know what it is. They fired Mike Nolan. They said it was Mike Nolan. Now, some of those players were still there with they had a zim it was them.
Speaker 3: He wasn't no good.
Speaker 1: They got Mike Ebberflues. So they've had three or four different coordinators and a lot of those same players that were there are still there now. I want to know, oh Joy, at some point in time, we got to start holding these players accountably because we quick to that coach, that's coordinator, that this, that that.
Speaker 4: It's the coach, it's the scheme. But it's never it's never the players, which is why I'm tired of hearing that, and I'm trying to hear I'm tired of hearing that, especially out of the five, one, three all the time. But we'll get to that game in a minute. But I said this before the season started on people laughed at me when I said my surprise team I had two. I had to them was the Bears and the other one was the Carolina Panthers. I told him, I want you to watch out for the Panthers. I want to want you to want you to watch out for Bryce Young, watch out for the defense, and watch out for the court. I mean, watch out for the receivers and what are they doing? You saw they did to the panthers. I mean, excuse me. You saw what they did to Atlanta Falcons not long ago. You saw what you did today? Young buy young Bull. I don't I don't want to. I don't want to butcher his last name running back? How you said the right way?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 4: Hey? Hey?
Speaker 3: People say Donelle, but I think they say I think.
Speaker 4: It's I'm gonna daddle or dad l.
Speaker 3: I heard it both ways. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't listen to the broadcast. So chat, y'all have to have to tell me how they said ash on the broadcast.
Speaker 3: How do they say it? Do they say Dodelle or they say Donald?
Speaker 4: You know, people don't play by their last name. Now, hey, but listen, boy, he was on a mission. He was on the mission.
Speaker 3: It wasn't it wasn't nothing about him today? You know Rico, Rico? You know Rico? What not?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Nothing cute about Rico? Today?
Speaker 1: He told you this, Oh Joe, this man called this shot. This man said he was gonna Donna.
Speaker 4: You know, how do you know how difficult that is to call your shot in the middle of the week before the game and tell people to buckle up and then actually go out there and do exactly what's gonna do, which is the reason why you said you need to buckle up. On the ground catching the air man Mandelle was all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dowdle but I thought that. But I was like, hey, they say downie, But what O Joe? At some point, at some point, Jerry has to understand his defense is built. They're undersized. When you have an undersized defense, what does that.
Speaker 3: Mean, O Joe?
Speaker 1: You're built to play with a lead because you want to eliminate the one game because you're fourteen seventeen points up.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna run it. Now.
Speaker 1: You use those underside guys to stream up the stream up field. Okay, what happens when you got to sit your light ass in there and catch They ain't gotta They ain't got nobody I heard with Jared. I'm very disappointed in you because everything with you, you were yacking. You win a game, you yacking, You had a tie ball game and they couldn't get him out the podium. Hell, they thought it was a ring masters.
Speaker 3: Hey her right up?
Speaker 1: Now, I care A lot of them put foots in you. But now you Jared didn't speak to the media. Why not because.
Speaker 3: Oh no, absolutely not a talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly front running Now oh oh hold up, you remember Cole, You remember what was the last week?
Speaker 3: And then you see what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Now look at it, everything that went wrong. Well, you know Michael wasn't good against the run. Okay, Michael gone, what's your problem?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Well we didn't go that far when we had Michael. Okay, how far you gonna go without him?
Speaker 3: Now? Because you're two three and one.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, if if they're gonna have a shot now, I know we didn't get to it yet, but offensively we get that in a minute. But boy, boy dak well he earning every bit of that's sixty. He earned it, every bit of that's sixty or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Empty calories, don't yoe empty calories. If you go, if you say, you know what, if you say, man, you know what, I'm gonna get in shape. I'm I'm gonna get in shape. I'm gonna eat healthy, bro, you go eat twinking the ho hose, all the mills and empty calories. They don't do nothing for you. They said that craving but they add absolutely no nutrition. That's what those things that you.
Speaker 4: Got to understand. Listen, I'm doing my job. I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. This is a team game, right so yeah, you're supposed to win. Yeah, that that too. But to give it need y'all to stop something over here. I did not stop some over here.
Speaker 1: I will say. To his credit though, o Jo, he hasn't turned clean. He playing, so I will concede. But but it's hard because he knows he has to be perfect because my team not gonna stop anybody right now, right hey, right now, we can't stop.
Speaker 3: A park car.
Speaker 1: We already so you know that going into the ball game, I already know what I'm up against.
Speaker 3: That secondary look like you can't stop what part car.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Diggs, I don't know if Diggs is still hurt, he's still he's not the same. Digs don't even look the same to me. I know dig Digs better than this. I don't know is that injury if he's one hundred percent recovery, because I know he's you know, you know, they find him five hundred thousand because he wasn't around or whatever's going on. But he doesn't look. He was always a clure. He was always a gainser. And and and look now.
Speaker 3: He got in.
Speaker 1: He got incredible hands. He gets his hands on the ball, he comes down with.
Speaker 4: Most of the times when he does guess, he guessed in the right way because you know what's coming. Because he didn't look, he didn't look the same day.
Speaker 3: He ain't looked the same in a while. He ain't looked the same in a while.
Speaker 1: And and the defense, and because look they got those guys, those and like I said, teams just gonna run the ball. And now when you run the ball, you're gonna have to drop the safety down. And now you don't really have no.
Speaker 4: Help over the dome at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they ran the ball thirty eight times for two sixteen, think it back. You did last in total yards you like twenty fourth and rush yards allowed, you probably didn't last the points were there? Points allowed because they gave up forty to the packers. They gave up thirty to day, they gave up what twenty four they've probably average giving up twenty four. They're close to the bottom that they twenty eight thirty two in points a lot.
Speaker 4: Don't be nobody should be surprised if you're in the chat tonight. I'm sure you're a faithful fan. You've been and you've been watching for a very long time. I told you before the season started, I told you about them Panthers. Everybody laughed at me. Outside the Panthers fans, everybody laughed at me. Oh oh, joh man. They sorry, they did say that. I told you no, and I kept acting. Now I'm gonna remind you again. Hey, he founding bitch, all right?
Speaker 3: But see, harr is the problem that I have. You have You see.
Speaker 1: At some point in time now, you're gonna have to, like when you get the ball, you gonna have to keep putting points on the board. You can't be content when you gotta lead. They put the ball, you gotta go get points again. Because you know that was an anomaly that your defense stopped them. What's the likelihood your defense is gonna pitch are shut out the second hand? I have one right, they gave up They gave up seven. They gave up ten points in the fourth quarter. More time than not that they scored three in the fourth quarter, So they scored ten and they gave up seventeen. Bryce young seventeen or twenty seventeen or twenty five A buck ninety nine, three touchdowns, one pick, sack, one time for five yards, thirty eight carries, two under sixteen yards. George Pickens playing in the last off.
Speaker 4: Well, you see, remember we talked about Remember I told you what You're gonna have no issues out of out of bruh. I told you that, not that.
Speaker 3: Conversation, George.
Speaker 4: I know you're gonna see this why I love you.
Speaker 3: But I love you.
Speaker 4: I told you it's okay, It's okay.
Speaker 3: This is this is why your team is two three and one.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys dead lasting total D, dead lasting past D, dead last, and third down percentage second to the worst.
Speaker 3: Points allowed, averaging thirty point seven points a game.
Speaker 4: Wait, offensively, I'm sure they're the hiding way higher than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ain't overcoming that because you because think about what you got to think about O Joe. In order for you to have it, they give it up thirty point seven. So in that order for you to be winning, that means you got to.
Speaker 3: Score thirty point eight game. That's very game, Barry.
Speaker 1: They got the second best offense on Joe, fourth in points, the fourth in points twenty nine point seven, So you give up one more Ojo, see that we were close. All I need to do is score one more point than you, and that's what they average. Guess what they scored twenty nine point seven. They give up thirty point seven. So guess what if you score twenty nine, I score thirty.
Speaker 4: You know that situation right there. To give people a better perspective, to give people a better context. It sounds like another team. When my quarterback is healthy, we go through that same issue. Because we've been going thirty eight games with everybody is healthy. She got the team scoring thirty two. We scored forty, they score fifty. You can't win for Luke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you saw it last year. Y'all scored thirty eight. Y'all lose forty one to thirty eight. Y'all scored thirty five, they scored thirty eight.
Speaker 4: Well, Jerry said Michael was the problem, Jerry.
Speaker 3: But Jared didn't say Jared. Jared didn't say anything today.
Speaker 1: I want to know see front running now, see all that you all out the window and the owner's box, you all out. Oh, we're just having a good time we have you know, the cowboy fans we traveled, the cowboy fans.
Speaker 3: We just having a good old time. I ain't see it. Hey, this is all this is what you saw.
Speaker 1: This is what you saw today, Ojo and and the funny like the kids a school kids.
Speaker 3: When it's rated outside and you ain't got no refair, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta sit there and look out the window. You know, something like this.
Speaker 3: How do you fix it?
Speaker 4: How do you fix that? Though? This is just not a one player issue. Defensively, this is not.
Speaker 3: A one you gotta get. You gotta get better players. You gotta get better players.
Speaker 1: You build your It's hard to get them now because you got what you got. But you have a team. You have a team that's built on playing with the lead. Well, if you can't get the lead, o yo, you can't just turn them loose, because if.
Speaker 3: You just run your ass up the field, they're gonna just run where you will left.
Speaker 1: So you you catch it that they too small they got they ain't got no bricks in the back pocket. You can't drop anchor with them little light ass guys. They got up there, man, they got guys back pockets shaking hand. They're so small a matter.
Speaker 4: Of fact, you know what I'm thinking about it if I was Jerry, and listen, I'm putting my owner's hat on. I'm putting my owner's hat. I need to get someone the anchor that front, someone that I can build around, and he could be that centerpiece for me.
Speaker 3: Jared don't care about winning. Oo.
Speaker 1: We've been we've been determined that I'm.
Speaker 4: Just hypothetically talking. Hey, Chad, tell me what you think right now, Tennessee Titans. I'm going to get Jeffrey Simmons the anchor my defense and build from that bill from there out, build from the inside out, the start over. What you think I'm going to get.
Speaker 1: You, Well, George Picking's gonna want a lot of money.
Speaker 3: George Picking's gonna want it.
Speaker 4: Least and he's gonna get dk money because let me show you.
Speaker 3: Let me show you.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happen or what can happen Ceedee Lamb, who's considered the top five quarter quarterback, who's considered the top five receiver when we talk about receiving when he goes out, let me show you what I do. I can pick up right where you left. Let me if I get the opp too, and he's I deserve that I should have got when I was in you know where. I'm not gonna bring I'm not gonna bring them up. But I can do he put a number two, I can take you deep, or I can take a slam to the house. Man, Stop playing, is what I do.
Speaker 1: Hey, if he gets his hands on the ball and he faced your ass up, good look getting that there, getting his ass racket. He he reminds you of a smaller version of t O. You remember how t O ran a Because if To got the ball in his hands and he faced you up, you not you right here in front of him, not getting him on the ground, You better hope that. Hey, I'm gonna, hey, come on, which were you go? I'm gonna try to hold him. I come on, man, damn, I can't hold him here forever you breathe help?
Speaker 3: Come? What the hell? Man?
Speaker 1: And that's how y'all, that's what they happened to a big If he get the ball in his hands and he hers around and square.
Speaker 4: Your hair up, and then he and you know it's funny, he's faster then he looked because he ain't nobody.
Speaker 1: He played fast. He might not be fast. He might have I don't even know what he he might have ran for fo O Joe. But they're there are guys that might not run fast but play fast. That's Jerry. Jerry didn't run fast, but he played fast. Em It didn't run fast, but he played fast. He has what they call functional speed. He has football speed. You get him out there to test. But boy, man, that.
Speaker 4: I told, I told you before the season started, they wouldn't you did.
Speaker 3: I am I'm glad because I got you.
Speaker 1: Man, make this money, bro, you got you got an opportunity to make two hundred million dollars to set your family up for generations and generations.
Speaker 3: I mean that might be a George picking the fourth.
Speaker 1: They say, my great great granddad put me and put me and put this family in position. Pro don't waste that they don't don't don't, don't, don't mess up your money with some foolishness. The best thing to happen. He needed to get out of Pittsburgh. He needed to change the scenery. And sometimes that's what that's what it takes, Ojoe. Sometimes it takes a change of scenery. Sometimes it takes somebody him or her to get into a new relationship in order for them to be their very best.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely and I'm glad for him. But again, I know, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm I'm happy, but the Cowboys I know it was but Jared don't care about when Oyo, we've decided this. You and I we talked about this in the years. Jared cared more about money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we understand that too. But I'm thinking from a defensive perspective with him being list in every category and every statistic and every metric in every standard. When it comes to football week six Novembers coming up deadline, you never know if you were to make some some type of uh hasty move, I would love to see them. It probably won't happen. I'm just thinking, as I'm putting my gym hat on, I'm going to get Jeffrey Simmons, you know, quality top three defense defensive tackle in the NFL right right now to this day. Boom, I'm putting you right there on a bill around you. I'm a I'm a bill around you. Yeah, that's just me chat what y'all think.
Speaker 3: Jack, I know y'all they line back their linebackers are very good. O Yo. Now their linebackers not very good. The ain't nothing. They ain't got no plug.
Speaker 1: I mean look Sam with if they got guys trying to rush off the edge. But I'm talking about like like a a mic back.
Speaker 4: Hold on, understand, let me tell you something. You might not like what they have right now because with that Backer had, that Mike Backer had in front of them, it's lighting ass. Now what happened? If you go get that big ninety eight from goddamn over there in Tennessee and you get to you get that, you get to be able to roll.
Speaker 3: Why I want to get why I want to give him up to you? What you're gonna get me? Uh? Wasn't the first round picks that you got from the Packers?
Speaker 4: Maybe we can Hey, listen, if I if we Jerry, we can negotiate.
Speaker 1: But Jerry, but Jerry don't like that, oh Joe, he don't. He don't want to give up. He likes Jerry likes to develop players. So Jerry, Jerry, Jerry has gotten burned uh uh in free agency. And so he's like that, he's done with it. He's done with it. He's not gonna he's gonna get guys that he gonna get the Jadevian Clowney and and and and Clowney had. But Clowney is He's not gonna He's not gonna move the He's not gonna move the needle.
Speaker 4: He's not the clowny of old.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: If we had that discussion, we don't think he ever lived up to what we thought he was gonna be. He was in the draft with Khalil Mack. Khalil Mack turned out to be the better player. That's what what what what he what Khalil Mack is, that's what we thought Jadevian Clowney was gonna be based on what we saw in college. You probably gotta go back to it and Dominican Sue to find a guy that raised hell now the dominated like Jadavian Clowney.
Speaker 3: Did his sophomore year.
Speaker 1: His junior year, he was just trying not to get hurt, so he didn't play like he did his sophomore year. But go back and look at it, Dominquin Soue last year, he was like, Okay, that's the best player in the country. Now, I forget who won the Heisman Trophy that year? Uh, Sam, I think what the Sam Rafford. Sam Brafford won that was the best and Domainkin Sue was the best player in the country that year. That's what we thought Jadavian Clowney was gonna be. But we'll see what Jerry's gonna do right now. I mean it would have been I've been lovely to hear.
Speaker 3: From him, but.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately we did not hear from him, O Joe. But a team that we did hear from to day Aaron Rodgers to as the Steelers continued their home dominance over the Browns by the score of twenty three to nine. Steelers seemingly o jo on cruise control. There four and one in the division, Cleveland one in five, Baltimore one in five, I think one in five. Uh, Cincinnati has lost what four straight?
Speaker 3: So now they're two and four Pittsburgh division to.
Speaker 4: Lose absolutely, and honestly, I don't see I don't see him losing it. And I can say, yeah, I can say this as as as much as I love my Bangals, I don't see him losing it now. I saw some some some something nice. We'll talk about later when we get to the Bengals. But god damn, Aaron Rodgers got them boys playing on all cyling zone, the special offense playing on all cylinders. As good as that defense is over in Pittsburgh's with the names that they do have, they start yelling and playing that good football the right way that know we know, the way we know they can play. They gonna be fine. As long as Aaron Rodgers is playing like Aaron Rodgers is playing that they always gonna be in contention and they're going to be hard to beat. Forget right now, I ain't talking about Week six. I'm talking about when real football starts after Thanksgiving, getting into the postseason, when it's cold and you got to go over there to it ain't called heines Field no more. Think when you got to take your field, Well, you ain't gonna be able to throw the ball fifty times a game. You're gonna have to put it on the ground, and you got Cam Hayward. You got god damn TJ walk coming off that God damn in and up down. I forgot young bull name, whether it's Smith fifty six, fifty six, he got man stop playing man? Yeah nice now then't then the back end really ain't got no weakness.
Speaker 1: Now it's called across Sure Stadium now, no longer hines Field Aftersure Stadium for sure.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I mean. No disrespect to acting. Sure, I like to say Heines Field because that's where I play that.
Speaker 1: I got that reson, I played it, play the hidest field, and I played the three Rivers.
Speaker 3: The old three.
Speaker 4: They had the carpet. They had the carpet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, stel yeah, and the state of stadium would be bouncing. I mean you, I mean you can literally see if it's bouncing up and down.
Speaker 3: They started rocking.
Speaker 1: The Browns offense failed to a clip seventeen points for the eleventh straight game. Dylan Gabriel uh twenty nine and fifty two, two hundred and twenty one yards, six sacks, six times. How do you so you mean to tell me your guy, You're gonna let your guy and it's set to start. You gonna let him throw the ball fifty two times against that defense on the road.
Speaker 4: Hard to run on the Steelers, Huh, it's hard. It's hard to run on the Steelers. So the other, the only other viable option is is you gotta throw it. And when you think about Dylan Gabriel, when you watch him in the games where he's had success, anything outside inside the numbers, inside the hashes, he's really good. It's nothing nothing really long. You know sometime you get some some short dig some some dig.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you know that, guess who else knows that that he's good inside the numbers on short stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, that's what thanks. Oh think about it.
Speaker 1: You threw the ball fifty two times and you only had two and twenty one yards. Hey, you missed twenty three attempts.
Speaker 3: Bro Cleveland. If y'all try to get the number one pick, just say that.
Speaker 4: Whoa No they not no, no, no, they wanted number one pick for what they get? What quarterback? Because they's nothing we don't seen on Saturday that's willing to wait for. Absolutely not no they.
Speaker 1: I guess they want that that that pass rushing number six from Miami and pair him with Miles Garrett. I don't know, maybe trade it for some more players.
Speaker 4: I like you, I see whe you're going like. I like what you think. I like what you're putting up.
Speaker 1: Hey, Miles Garrett said, losing the same way. It's frustrated, Miles. This is what you signed up for. You took the money. I ain't got no problem with that, o Jo, I have no problem with that. But Miles Garant knew they were not going to win. They really haven't won since he been there, They've gotten worse, So you can't say it gets old. When you took the money, you said you wanted a chance to win. They dangle forty million dollars per year, gave you one hundred plus one hundred and five hundred.
Speaker 3: Ten million, fully guaranteed. You took the money.
Speaker 1: So now you can't complain because you knew what made you trust them that they were gonna be able to do something in one to two years. They haven't been able to do in your ten years since you've been there.
Speaker 4: You're talking, but you know, you know that wasn't it. You know, you know, you know why. There was no guaranteed money left.
Speaker 3: So I got I know, I know, I got it. That's what I say. Say.
Speaker 1: Look, he ain't got no guaranteed money. He won't guaranteed money. He gonna say, I won't out, Really he won't guarantee money. I get that, O jo, I get it. I do and chat. I don't want y'all to think I don't understand, but don't complain. When you said you said you wanted a chance to win, you said you wanted to compete. You knew with the exception of that one year, You guys haven't been able to compete, and you trust this organization to build, to build pieces around you and do the right thing.
Speaker 3: By getting a quarterback. You trusted them.
Speaker 4: And they already hope they have a bad history at that specific position, the one position you need to be able to compete, to be able to contend. This The identity for the Cleveland Browns has always been their defense.
Speaker 3: It has been.
Speaker 4: The hard part has been finding quarterback that is good, not great, just good enough to consistently not only keep you in games, but win games when in certain situations, especially games that are close. You just haven't you go through straight a string of maybe four weeks, five weeks of really good I'm about consistently throughout a season, right, especially when it matters most. You haven't been able to find that.
Speaker 1: No, he's and I'm I'm and I'm supposed to trust you that you're going to find that. But but what he's finding out, O Joe, is that money really can't buy happiness when you are a competitor and you want to win and to go out there and beat Yet, guess what that direct deposit is gonna hit every Monday, or if you get paid on the first and fifteen, that deposit is gonna hit.
Speaker 3: But them losses, they hurt.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you when you're out there taking an l A I have number one time, like man, that check gonna be in, that chick gonna be No, I'm going to get my check, so I ain't. I just got direct deposited in twenty sixteen. But anyway, I never thought that they I'm gonna go upstairs tomorrow get that pay checking like that. No, we don't when them l start that add up on Yo, I've been lose, lost six games in the row, seven games in a row. Band, Please you out there practicing and then guess what. Guess what was about to happen on Joe, tell them what's gonna happen in Cleveland? That temperature about to draw cold. It's gonna get cold. And guess what you get cold? Now you're out there practicing in the twenty degree and then come Sunday you practice, you playing in twenty degrees fifteen ten and you catching al after al after al after al.
Speaker 3: And yeah, out y'all.
Speaker 1: Dylan Gabriel completed four passes over ten yards in the air. Today, he threw the ball fifty two times, but Kevin Stefanski kept him in the game for the entire as I.
Speaker 4: Told you, they don't. They don't. You see how they protect justin fields when when they're going to the end of the half because of the decision making, we don't know what he's gonna do with the ball. So how do you hide the quarterback weaknesses whatever weaknesses he may have that we can't see. Now, you and I know he can't throw outside the numbers. He can't be on the left hand and throw atr comeback on the right side.
Speaker 3: Of the Oh hell no, the.
Speaker 1: Type of quarterback, it will come back the other way for a touchdowns.
Speaker 4: So you have to call plays that are predicated to his strengths. His strengths are throwing intermediate and in short routes. So therefore you all plays based on what he's able to do extremely well. Now that's no knock on him, that's no knock on him. So what we ask of you, that's all what we're asking you based on what you can do well for us offensively. That's what we're gonna do because that's what you provide for us as a quarterback. Now, that limits your playbook.
Speaker 6: It limits what you can call or limits some of the things you like to do, as opposed to other quarterbacks that have the arm strength or the other or the powers to be able to open up the playbook and do and do more.
Speaker 4: That's what you have to do. So, I mean I didn't want to say it like that. I thought everyone else could see that and understood that, especially when you when you watch him play some of the some of the players at the call. Now some some frustrations might might arise with maybe may Jerry Judy who.
Speaker 1: Jerry Judy had thirteen targets called five passes, Fanning Jr. Had ten targets caught seven and Joeku had six caught three. Damn oh, Joe, I had a more DK four catches man uh uh. He had a go ball and Roger and the wind called it it brought it, brought it back.
Speaker 3: I mean he was like he was like five yards in the draft.
Speaker 4: Hold on, wait, he caught he caught one deep ball on that that stuff.
Speaker 3: He caught it. The ball that was later but he ended up.
Speaker 1: But he had one that had been that had been a to that was a show enough touchdown and Rogers put it up, and I guess the wind called it because Rogers he turned abut and looked up.
Speaker 3: Like, damn, I ain't know. I ain't know it was like that.
Speaker 1: But uh, oh, Joe, I don't I don't know what Cleveland's doing. I don't know if they're trying to get that, they're trying to get the number one.
Speaker 4: Pick, because you're gonna have to fight just there. This is This is no knock and chat. Y'all know because y'all watch college football. There is nothing out there that is glaring where it's like where teams are clamoring for those who were in situations like the Browns or let's say like the Cowboy defensively where you know what, we got to have him. We got to have him, so we're gonna do it's necessary to make sure we're in position to be able to get him. It's nobody like that right now, and nobody popping out on film. There might be some off of the attackle or some defensive tackles that we don't know about, but the skill position or quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: They need to go get that. Cowboys.
Speaker 1: They need to trade the two draft pick they got this year and to go out there and get that Uh that guy.
Speaker 3: From Miami band Jr.
Speaker 4: Hey a night.
Speaker 1: You need to hell raising like that. Those are the type of guys that change the future, that change your fortunes. That's what they need to eat nice hell yeah.
Speaker 3: But uh, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like Dylan Gabriel throwing and letting Dylan Gabral throw the ball fifty two times.
Speaker 3: Bro. He threw four passes and had ten yards of air distance.
Speaker 1: He completed four passes over ten yards in the air of the day, so everything is checked down.
Speaker 3: He dinking and dunkin and checking it down.
Speaker 4: Now you know the digging and dunkin work. It can work, depending on you can be efficient digging and duncan. But at some point, once some boys say you know what we're coming up, we can we go.
Speaker 1: You gotta be able to put the ball over their head, though, Joe. At some point in time, you gotta put the man. You gotta put it. You gotta put somebody on your feet. You gotta put fit. You gotta put fit.
Speaker 3: You gotta put oh, Joe.
Speaker 4: If I don't fit, Bro, I'm sitting on every I used to.
Speaker 3: Play the Raiders and the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: You had to throw in the in the first ten players, you had to throw a go ball or them more folds gonna.
Speaker 3: Sit right there.
Speaker 1: On everything when you played the Raiders, when you played had a t MAC and they had Albert Lewis. So we went over there and they had Dale Card in Kansas City and they had a.
Speaker 3: What's I forget the guy's name. Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 1: If you did not move them, if you did not throw a go ball, even it's like, look, we ain't trying to complete it, but you gotta put fear on them, because boy, they ain't moving.
Speaker 3: They're not moving. Man.
Speaker 1: I First of all, y'all, we know y'all not gonna throw it deep. You know why we know y'all not gonna throw it deep because we know y'all don't have a really offensive line that can hold up to throw it. And then second of all, if you do throw it deep, guess what, O Joe, you ain't right, no running game? So what am I stepping up to stop and run for? So with that being said, now we squatting on everything. Prove to me I'm wrong?
Speaker 4: He yeh Darien junkins Junkins is hurt.
Speaker 3: Yep uh.
Speaker 1: He had twelve carries for thirty six yards. He might have got hurt in the game. I was, you know, I was back. I was back and forth. Man, It's it's hard for me to stay It's hard for me to stay interested in that, right there, Oh Joe, it's hard.
Speaker 3: You know. I watched the seriesson, I'm like, bro, bro, what is this? Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought they would have lead. I thought they would have leaned on him a little bit more so. I thought, well, maybe maybe he's hurt, maybe something's wrong with him. But if your quarterback isn't as good, or you're not able to do some of the things you want to do to make sure you're able to be competitive, you want to hide him by running the ball a little bit more. You want to you want to put that load and that onus, on that on that on your running back to be able to get things going or to make it easier. Forget balance. You got to be a run that You got to be a run heavy team first. You got to be.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to do no balance. You ain't got no balance for that, right there? I mean Jayleen Ramsy had two sacks. Jayleen ramsays, Jayleen ramsay, I'm trying to give me ten sacks of a corner. Uh Hebrie I had uh two sacks. Hot Smith had had a half a sack. Teacher had a half a sack. So they have six sacks sotals, six tacks, six sacks total. But I don't know what Cleveland trying to do. But whatever it.
Speaker 4: Is, you know, you know what, it's almost unfair. It's almost unfair to have to judge Gabriel against that damn defense. It's almost unfair. I know it's your division opponent, but hell, it ain't that many people that look good against the goddamn Steelers and the quarterbacks that do you know they in conversations of the epper echelon quarterbacks when they come to being able to dismantle that damn defense