Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are getting on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings sports Book app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs. New customers bet five dollars, can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Code Money Moves, that's code money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wy or text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine.
Speaker 2: In Connecticut.
Speaker 3: Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: O Choe, you got to listen to this baby mama who blocked her income and child support payments. Chad, take a listen to this.
Speaker 4: Heke child support payments from him?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Elie said, blocking on venmo he should?
Speaker 5: That makes it so much easier on him to just venmo me instead of going to the bank. She's doing everything the easiest that it can possibly be done for Chase, and he's done that the whole time.
Speaker 4: Weaping, Why would you not want it to be easy if he's going to send you money. Why would you not want.
Speaker 5: That to be easy for him because it takes one more thing off of Chase that he has to do.
Speaker 4: You don't take child support.
Speaker 2: Let that forget you, she said, because it's easy, he should have to go to the bank and get the money and bring it black, basically bring it to her. So she when he been MoES it ben more the money, she blocks the papers and then say, if I ain't getting child support.
Speaker 6: I don't understand. What's the point what is she doing?
Speaker 2: She doesn't. She said it's too easy for him them to make child support payments by ben mowing.
Speaker 7: So she wants it to be a little bit more difficult on him to Yes, well that that makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 6: Honey, No shit. I wonder what the rooting was in that case.
Speaker 2: You can't block, Oh Joe, he's paying. You can't say he's not playing when you blocking.
Speaker 6: The pavement big time, big time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I had to listen to it again. She was like, because it's so easy for him, and he's he's always doing the easiest thing possible. Yeah, I mean, oh Joe, how many people have direct deposit on their bills because everybody got tired of writing checks, filling it out, put it in the mail, putting a stamp on it. Just say, you know what, we could just take this out every month and be done with it. Oh yeah, babe, you got to move on. He done moved on with his life. That sounds like a woman that's upset that the child's father or ex husband or whatever it may be, has moved over.
Speaker 7: What's happen when you still have feelings, when you're a little bitter, when you're a little bitter, because if you're not bitter, you let everything.
Speaker 6: Happen very smoothie.
Speaker 7: So you don't have any any type of situation.
Speaker 6: Oh you have no?
Speaker 7: No, I don't not combativeness. What's the word I'm looking for? Yeah, I'm looking forward. I really can't find it. Talk yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, auto pay, I ain't got no auto Well I do got auto pay, but surely set that up. Great guy, great financial guy. Have some great ideas of how and what you should do if you get some money, how you could save your money. He and I had a great conversation talking about He told me like, if your assets are oh your ass you not said so without it, without any further ado let's give it up. Good friend, John Hobrien, John, how.
Speaker 6: You doing all good? My man?
Speaker 2: Good to be with you, Good to be with you. So uh. A couple of weeks ago, you did you know what?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what the ladies, the ladies had talked to me about you since you were at the forum, and they said, you know, you know what the biggest thing on Shannon Sharp is I was like, well, I don't know if I'm the answer this question. And the biggest thing on Shannon Shark is credit score, credit score. He's got an eight hundred credit score. Credit said, this brother's making smart sexy. We've been making dumb sexy for way too long. We've bound down and celebrated it. It's time to make smart sexy again. You want to impress me, give me a get an A in math? You want to impress me. Don't just be cute when you.
Speaker 2: Go to the cloth to night.
Speaker 1: When you go to clothe to night, ask her her name? Yeah you finally, and then what's your credit score? That's your partner for life?
Speaker 6: Anyway.
Speaker 8: I heard that you're a very high credit score, Shannon. Close to you, brother Sam. I'm trying to get it back to a fifty. I'm trying to get it back to a fifty. It's been real slow to get back to get it back up there, but I'm trying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, brother John, I'm glad you opened up with that. I'm glad you opened up with a credit score thing for the people that are in the chat. And I see this discourse many times, especially on Twitter, where people are always arguing. There'll be a question which you're rather eight hundred credit score or a certain amount of money, and it'll be a lot of money.
Speaker 6: Let's say just a million dollars, so it might be.
Speaker 7: And every time on Twitter they arguing for hours and hours at a time, and everybody chooses a certain amount of money as opposed to a credit score. For those that are in the chat, can you please explain to them how important it is to have a credit score over any amount of money.
Speaker 6: People don't.
Speaker 7: People see the dollar figures and the amount of money and they forget credit.
Speaker 6: I want a lump some more money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ambassador Andrew Young who was doctor was doctor King by the way. Good to see Chah, God bless you man. Both of you guys are legends. When and bashelor Young was on that balcony with doctor Kingley.
Speaker 6: He was assassinated.
Speaker 1: He's also built the city I'm in now, the only international city in the American South, the biggest economy in the South, the ten floers economy in the US.
Speaker 6: And he would say to live in.
Speaker 1: A system of free enterprise and not to understand the rules of free enterprise must be the very definition of slavery. So you make money, my boy, Tony wrestler, billionaire tod taught me this lesson. You make money during the day. The Atlanta Hawks for those who have just are sports fanatics. That's not why he made his money. That was originally his toy. It was just something to play with. Now it's worth billions. But he made his money in finance. Actually an Area's Managemer anyway, built his wealth. A really good guy. He says, you make your money during the day, you build wealth in your sleep. So this is similar situation. People become obsessed with the wrong thing. You asked a very good question. I want to get that cash, want to get this dollar, I want to get this bag. I want to give this money. I want to give the useless completely useless money has velocity. It's not stopping it will go and if you're financially illiterate, people who are literate will will separate you from that dollar. Ninety two percent of all GDP of blacks in America one point six one point seven trillion dollars we generate and spend every year, ninety two percent is consumption. So the man you want to call it that, he knows you just don't go spend it. They don't need to hire you to be the spokesman for Louis Vatan. You're gonna be a walking billboard for it anyway. They don't need to hire sports figures to be to be to be Gucci spoots, spots, spost people, and whatever the brands are. They don't wear it on anyway because our assets aren't all too often on our ass. So we have because we are with the rules of publishing, of playing for those level. We kill it special sports, the arts, politics, faith, the rules of published, and the playing for those level. But we have never been taught capitalism and free enterprise and financial literacy, which I consider to be financial literacy is a civil rights issue of this generation. So it's what you don't know that you don't know this killing you but you think you know so Now I'm going to drop a bomb here that makes the point that money in of itself is absolutely useless.
Speaker 6: If I gave a homeless guy, I was.
Speaker 1: Homeless of six months of my life when I was eighteen years old. It was economic homeless. Most homelessness is mental illness and depression and other things, drugs. If I if you give a homeless man a million dollars and do nothing else, Trump, He'll be broken six months because if nothing changes here, said and then nothing changes here values, then nothing's going to change here and here will walk away from your money, or somebody will walk away with your money.
Speaker 6: And we want to blame the man.
Speaker 1: But these bad contracts and in the music business and bad You signed it.
Speaker 6: The Klan didn't tell you to sign it.
Speaker 1: Nobody stell up your head with a butcher knife and said sign that contract.
Speaker 6: You said, y'all, I don't need to. I just want to. I just want to do the music. I just want to. I just want to play Baul. I don't want to mess around with that.
Speaker 1: It's the music business. It's the business of music. It's the sports business. It's the business of sports. And to say so, it so we are brilliant in so many ways. We've been doing so much with so little for so long. We can almost do any with nothing. But we were never taught financial literacy. There was a freedman's bank created in eighteen sixty five after the Civil War. Abraham Lincoln did it with Frederick Douglas, and he was killed the next month for that and promising blacks.
Speaker 6: A right to vote.
Speaker 1: The bank failed. We never would talk how money works. So in some ways it's not our fault. But we live in a capitalist democracy.
Speaker 6: So all these.
Speaker 1: Folks, seventy percent of those who win the lottery, seventy percent broke in five years.
Speaker 6: Wow, broke.
Speaker 1: So all this stuff about give me that money, give me that dotar. I mean, I'm gonna be really dramatic here. Let's take all the money in the world, including mine, including yours, including Shannon's, Chad. Let's take it because we're green. Really when I'm black, at this point, we're green.
Speaker 6: We've made it.
Speaker 1: Take all my money, with all with everybody else that's been money, the top three percent. We just made the whole world socialists now redistributed to everybody in the world equally.
Speaker 6: Within three years, we'll all have it back, yep.
Speaker 1: If you don't do anything else, we'll all have it back because somebody understands how capitalism and free enterprise and money works, and somebody's understand how to spend it. People say I can be a millionaire.
Speaker 6: I won't go broke. Yes you will. Millions go broke.
Speaker 1: A billionaire can go bro It's hard, but you can know, bro if your outflow sees your inflows in your overhead will be your downfall. What you really want is mindset knowledge. You know what I like about Shannon. He came into the whole global forum, we had the whole global form, and my man just was nosy. Ask Quincy Jones, how'd you get so smart? I'm just nosy as hell. I want to know everything about everything. He was nosy. He was all over in everybody's business, asking this daionaire question, asking that billionaire question, asking that CEO question, all up in my face, asking me questions, trying to learn.
Speaker 6: What he doesn't know.
Speaker 2: That I don't know what you don't know? Her John, let me ask you this, and I don't. I don't know if you know this off the top of your head. But I was reading like in the Jewish community, the dollar stays there like forty three forty five days, and the Asian community, it stays there like twenty days. In the white community is stayed they're like ten days, fifteen days. In the black community, it stayed there like two minutes. It's right, And that's what the pitstop. O Joe and I had a conversation. We've had a conversation. That old cho was like, yes, so Doc, if I gave somebody, if I gave a person three hundred and eighty thousand dollars, and that's all the money I ever they gave and they weren't working. They're twenty years old. Let's just say twenty five thirty. With that money last them a lifetime.
Speaker 6: We won't last them six months. Look, it happens every day.
Speaker 1: Is called lawsuit settlements. It happens every day. You know, you go to urban radio stage, listen, just have a real conversation. I mean, because Malcolm X said, we've been bamboozo, we've been tricked, we've been full, we've been hoodwinked. That applies to so much. President Bill Clinton once said, it's hard to guess, mighty agree to the truth on the line is paying their paycheck. Here the book ends us two statements and book ends hoodwing bamboozoo.
Speaker 2: Run them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the other comment, it's hard to get somebody agreed to the truth if a lias paying the paycheck. Now in the middle of financial illiteracy. Now you go to an urban radio station. Its focusing on our community and listen to the ads. As in the ads are pivot law firms, lawsuits, I mean high interest rate. Third, you know, the sea paper mortgages, seapaper auto loans is right there in broad daylight. I'm gonna go one step further, and so they get they get these settlements, slipping falls, whatever, you know, people running in front of cars and tripping. But by the way, criminals. AI is gonna make criminality really a bad business. These are bonyxies and artificial intelligence. You need to get a new gig. That day is soon and I mean next years over. But anyway, back to this point. You go to our neighborhood. You go to a place where we grew up, and here's what you see. Check casher next to a paydad on lender, next you renter owned store, next to a title linder, next to a liquor store next for pawnshop, a fast food store restaurant, and a church down the street. Try to make you feel a little bit better once a week. That's your neighborhood psychologists, that's your neighborhood strength. We don't want to admit we crazy. Oh, I can't go to a psychologist or a shrink. Somebody might think I'm crazy. If you black in America and don't think you're crazy, you're crazy. So we go there and hoop and holla.
Speaker 6: Used to. That's one of our problems.
Speaker 1: We don't go to church anymore. We don't have any spirituality anymore. That's a whole nother conversation. We've been really hoodwink now because now we think money's got, we think materialism is god. We think some rappers got anyway. So now the one place you could go and hoop and hollow, we don't go there anymore. That's so you don't go crazy. Now, literally, you're being pimped. A five hundred credit score neighborhood that all you see, the only place you see? Those places? Or is it a five hundred credit cocred neighborhood? By the way, black and brown urban or white rural? Now you go fifteen minutes away in every city in America. I mapped every zip code in America by credit score. Is I Hope Financial the Hope Financial Wellness Index, And can go my website and put you put you in your put in your zip code. I'll tell your credit score in your neighborhood, I tell you how you live in. You go fifteen minutes away from that zip code, and you're in a seven hundred credit score neighborhood in Chicago. I think it's Lincoln something. And then fifteen minutes from there, I think it's Garfield Park or something. Five hundred versus seven hundred, seve hundred versus five hundred.
Speaker 6: You go. You know, Atlanta's the same thing. La is the same thing every wherever you are now. And that's center of the Chriscore neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Two parent households, prime financy, seventy five percent home ownership rate, prime almost not existing, whole foods, sit down restaurants, proper businesses, mainstream banks, right fifteen minutes away a third world country.
Speaker 6: We think this is normal.
Speaker 1: This is why you cannot give somebody three hundred and fifty three hundred and eighty thousand dollars and think that they're gonna forget a lifetime. It won't last them a year, I said six months. I'll be gracious, it won't last. If your outflow seed your inflow, then your overhead will be your downfall. I'm gonna go one step further. We are brilliant. Black Americans are literally geniuses. We came here enslaved. My second great grandfather on my mother my dad's side, and my second great grandmother on my mother's side. Both my grandfather was a sharecropper. So I'm talking from the real place. We come from nothing. I got from the bottom cortele of poverty and compon in South Central to the top one percent in one lifetime because of what we're talking about in me understanding how this system actually works. Now we're brillian and we're geniuses. Imagine what would have happened, Ocho Senko, Imagine what happened, Shannon if we had a black Jewish business plan. Imagine what if we didn't have a forty percent home ownership. We go ahead, Shanne, were about to say.
Speaker 2: I wanted that. I want you to explain what that means and what that actually is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on in something versus talking about something. You know.
Speaker 1: Poor people talk about other people. Wealthy people talk about their ideas. Go to a barbershop, go to the nelsalon in black community, I'm not talking about us. I'm helping her to help us listen to what we're talking about. We're talking about mostly other people.
Speaker 6: You go ahead, go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, ya, you are like your single By the way.
Speaker 6: Now, it doesn't matter what you call me. I'm answered. I have a question one of the things you just said.
Speaker 7: The others talk about their ideas and how they can work together. When it comes to us, we have a problem working together because we don't want to see each other win. We're always in competition with each other as opposed to other ethnicities, they're more so.
Speaker 6: Okay, if you.
Speaker 7: Had this idea, well i'm gonna pick you up. And then whoever's above him, well i'm gonna pick you up where they always they always work in unison. And a very small percentage of us want to see each other win or help us get to a level where we want to. All right, we want to see you win, you know, and I don't want to see I want to see Joe win, but I don't want to see him doing better than me would tell you why.
Speaker 1: Why low self esteem? So check this out if you're African American. By the way, there only there are only African American ghettos in America. There are places where Italians live, where Polish people live, there are places where Caribbean blacks live, there are places where Black Africans live. There are places. I want to make sure I put black people in this. But there's only African American ghettos in America, inner cities that are a magnet and a holding place for poverty. What's that to relate to, dude? When we people say, oh, African American y'all lazy, y'all non intelligence. Really, so you went four hundred years ago, halfway around the world in an agricultural economy to go get dummies from Africa and brought.
Speaker 6: Them all the way across the world.
Speaker 1: At incredible expense and brought them to America because we're stupid. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: We were a.
Speaker 1: Cultural geniuses of the land. I'm coming to your I'm coming to your point now. They had this soil in the American South that was a gold mine. It produced crops that were incredible gold mines, cotton and tobacco is gold mines. In fact, Haiti was the wealthiest, the wealthiest outpost for France in the world was Haiti. And that's a whole nother story that we get to it before we end, because that's the reason America exists is Haiti. But let me come back to this for a minute. So now they bring us over here, and they did. Guys as big as you and Shannon. Now, high self esteem, confidence, your tribal leaders, your chieftains. They captured you. They brought you here, but they got to beat the self esteem out of you. The first thing you gonna do is fight. You see your wife being abused, you see your children being sold off. I'm not trying to start a gettybody worked up and trying to explain to them how we get to this low self esteem. So they're abusing your wife, they're holding you down. It takes quite an eight people to hold Shannon death. They're holding them down just until he stops fighting, because that means he realizes he cannot do anything to help his wife. They broke his spirit, and not trying to break his body. They eat his body. They're trying to break his spirit. We're not human beings having a spiritual experience. We're spiritual beings having a human experience. Energy matters. So now they sold your kids off in a different direction. So you don't have any hope for that most dangerous personal role as a person.
Speaker 6: With no hope, they now.
Speaker 1: Abused your wife. You can't do any protect her. Now you just broke a broken man. Just with the way they need you. Now they put you to work building these crops. By the way, blacks and whites, poor blacks and whites were friends in the sixteen hundreds in Americans on the plantation. True fact is again somethings we wanted to which had to be a go deep on. But to answer your question, they had to break spirit. They had to keep you away from books. They had to not teach you financial literacy. They needed you to have confidence in in taking soil and bringing you back to life. What we were experts at Africa is hot, the soil dies all the time. We were geniuses of the land bringing it back to life. What's the largest attaped natural resource in the world today to this day, it's Africa. That's what everybody needs. By the way, Africa is the future to American demograpan world demographics because the youngest people in the world are in Nigeria. Anyway, back to this story. So now you got high confidence today, let's fast forward. Now African Americans were killing it in many, many sectors. We have incredible confidence because we're competent, but we have low self esteem. So if I don't like me, I'm not gonna like you. If I don't feel good about me, I'm not gonna feel good about you. If I don't respect me, don't expect me to respect you. If I don't love me, I don't have a clue how to love you. And here's a big one. If I don't have a purpose in my life, I want to make your life a living hell because whatever goes around comes around and hurt people.
Speaker 6: Hurt people. There you go with crab in the barrel.
Speaker 1: So now you have all these smart people who are hooked on cash, not building wealth, Hooked on giving it away versus collecting it, Hooked on transactions versus relationships, Hooked on what I got to get versus what I have to give. Being told religion isn't it important anymore? Forget about that in spirituality. Now the devil's got you when when you and Shannon get up in the morning and me, the devil says, oh shit, they're up.
Speaker 6: There's not enough of us. Because when you.
Speaker 1: Succeed, I love it, I applaud you. I don't have a self esteem problem. It's okay if you don't like me.
Speaker 2: I like me.
Speaker 6: So But self esteem and argance are two different things. So what do we need?
Speaker 1: Five pillars of success? So my last book is Financial Literacy for All is the bestseller. One before that was up from nothing before, six of them, but the one before that, upp nothing had five pillars. It's much education. You can shove down your throat. How do we reverse what we're talking about? Oh, single, there's much education. You can shut down your throat. That's why you see books all around me in my office. I'm always reading. That's why again, Shannon knows it, you're nosy.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: Number two, understanding how the language of money works. Financial literacy is as important as the right to vote as a four year education. A seven hundred credit score is as important as a four year college degree. Yes, I said it, And everybody who works with me as a college degree. And they better have a good credit score because you've never had a billionaire didn't do it on good debt. You never had a successful country or city that didn't do it on good debt. You cannot succeed unless you understand how the system works, and you need cheap access to good credit. Number three, you need self esteem and confidence. Number well, Number three you need it. We need family structure and resiliency. Number three. Number four you need self esteem and confidence. We just covered that. Number five you need models in the right environment. So why do our kids want to be raps stars, athletes and drug dealers with to the exclusion of everything else, Because that's all they see in our neighborhood as symbol is a success.
Speaker 6: We're not dumb and we're stupid. We're brilliant. We're modeling what we see.
Speaker 1: Let's give the kid something different to see. Let's widen their aperture. Let's let's make smart sexy again. Let's make forget black lives matter, Let's make black capitalists matter. Looking So, so that's why I say a black Jewish business plan the number one way you build wealth in America.
Speaker 6: Home ownership. What do we argue about endlessly because we.
Speaker 1: Forty one fortyty three percent of black people own a home compared to seventy five percent of our mainstream counterparts read White. The whole tax cold in America is designed to support credit scourse. I'm sorry, design to support home ownership. But we want to argue about John, and then somebody probably in the chat right now, we talking about we don't own the home.
Speaker 6: The bank owns a home if you don't pay.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can go with this all day. I like Matthews, it doesn't have an opinion. But no one taught us this. I mean, this is basic stuff. Three things have never gone down in value, stock market value, real estate values, and GDP of America gross domestic car and the history of America gone up. There was a recession and received it and corrected above the line every time. But John, let me ask you this. But here's the thing, though, John.
Speaker 2: You know, in order to really invest in the stock, you got to have what we call disposable income. If you're using check, if you live in check to check, If you got to pay a mortgage or rent, and you got to pay a card note and you got to play bills, that leaves you very little disposable income in order to put into the market. So Therefore they're why like a lot of people that don't have disposable income, it's hard for them to accumulate, forget generational wealth, just enough thing that when they retire, because I ain't really count No, I ain't really count, no medicaid, medicare to take care of She had a shark. So I'm just I'm just like, hey, that's gonna be overwere But when you don't, So how would one that has very little or marginal disposable income accumulate something that when they retire they have something? They have a nice little nest egg.
Speaker 6: So you got you don't have a self esteem problem?
Speaker 2: No, hell no, I love you won't have a problem when.
Speaker 6: I say to you that what you just said is wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now when it comes to professional sports and the homewards, I got to come to you and just shut up.
Speaker 6: Because I don't know no clue. Okay, But there's.
Speaker 1: Occasionally occasionally I might have something that I can give.
Speaker 6: To you, and you just it was a beautiful setup that is just incorrect.
Speaker 1: My mother worked thirty two years and McDonald's aircraft, making fifteen dollars an hour. She died September with a million dollar networks. She had bought and sold seven homes. Her credit score like he was eight fifty four.
Speaker 6: I believe it was. He used to go over eight fifty. It was eight fifty four.
Speaker 1: So when so when somebody watching this says, well, Chanle, it just made a great point, and he didn't make a great point. Here you go, I don't have any and disposable income. You went to Starbucks last week looking cigarettes. If you go to small Starbucks three times a week and you've got a cigarette habit, that's six thousand dollars a year. You're making thirty six thousand dollars a year. That's twenty percent of your income. I'll let that sink in for a minute. The cigarettes on the box says this shit will kill you, Like I don't know if I can say that on your pocket.
Speaker 6: This stuff you'll kill you, all right, So stop smoking.
Speaker 1: Cigarettes and go get your curity machine at home and make your own coffee.
Speaker 6: You've now just recaptured three grand, two grand.
Speaker 2: Take that put it.
Speaker 1: Into by the way, don't even do that, just do just stop doing silly stuff like going to a fast food restaurant every other night. Took something at home and want by the way, it might extend your life because you cannot have a soul food diet for the rest of your life and lived at eighty years old.
Speaker 6: They're in no three hundred pounds eighty year olds.
Speaker 1: And that's a design of diet of was des die for slavery because they put them anyway, back to this.
Speaker 6: Point, the.
Speaker 2: Huh you could eat, You could eat like that where you were in those fields working fourteen dollars a day.
Speaker 1: You have to because they threw the They threw the worst parts of the animal our back as a disrespect to you. All you could do is turn it into a delacy. Okay, grits, hog moss, pig feet.
Speaker 2: Fried chick tailed neck, boxtails.
Speaker 6: I love ox shellig and we put so on all the meat so it didn't die in the heat.
Speaker 1: Right. Yes, you had to cure it. That's preserved it, right, right. So I love soul food twice a month, not three times a day. That's why black folks are inflamed. We're not fat, we are inflamed. Semi scent of all disease. My wife changes a wellness expert. You'll tell you seventy virusent of all disease live on inflammation, inflammation.
Speaker 6: What is it? Comes from? Bad environment, bad food.
Speaker 1: Back to this example, let's assume that you don't have about to say, crackad happen. You don't have a a dar Bucks with a cigarette alcohol. Yeah, listen, you don't have that. You're just wasting a little bit of money. Take twenty five dollars that you were going to go, spend whatever and do fractional share investment. Okay, you can buy a fraction of Warren Buffett's company, a twenty five dollars fraction of a share in Target, Tarja, Walmart, you know, wherever you whatever, you're dressed in, whatever you like, go buy that and do whatever you can for a five dollars ten dollars one you can do a dollar fractional share.
Speaker 6: Don't tell me what you cannot do.
Speaker 2: Earned it.
Speaker 1: So somebody watching this, you're about to give somebody some money. Somebody watching this, I'm gonna say, you gotta check coming to you because of Ocho, Sinko and Shannon Shark. You got to check five, six, ten, maybe twenty thousand dollars. It's called the EITC. People will say, what's that? The minute somebody in your chat says what's that. Congratulations. If you make less than sixty thousand dollars a year, which is half of this country, you just got a check from the federal government through Shannon Sharp and Ocho Sinko.
Speaker 6: It's called the EITC.
Speaker 1: If you make thirty eight thousand dollars a year, you live in a small town, you're listening to this podcast, you have three children. The government owes you a check for working. It's not a handout for seventy five hundred dollars, about seousand, seventy five hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: If you've never filed.
Speaker 1: It's retroactive for three years. That's twenty grand. One out of four Americans who qualify for it never even asked for it. That's twenty billion.
Speaker 6: Dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Shannon, Wow, that's black people. To be real clear, that's us. We don't have a tax pro We don't have anybody doing our taxes. So so, and if you're rinting for the same cause of a mortgage payment, you should be owning the house, renting to own. You're scared you're paying money uptown with people who don't like you. With money, you don't have to buy something you can't afford to be in some place. People, I don't want you there in a door man in a house that you're that I own.
Speaker 6: I'm the landlord. I'm literally the landlord. I'm I found.
Speaker 1: I'm the largest minority owner of single family rental homes in America.
Speaker 2: But I was I bought.
Speaker 1: I bought this company, Promise Homes. Company owned seven hundred homes between here and Florida. I sold most of the company in twenty twenty one. And I did that over five years. And I encourage people not to rent from me, Rent and get out, go buy a house. So it's a misnomer that you can't do this. Whether you believe you can or whether you believe you can't, you're right. Is a glass half full or is it half empty? Because he's looking at the glass. One thing I know about you too, you're optimists over the rounded, through it. You're gonna get to it. You're gonna run over somebody to do it.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what your listeners should be should be doing. Never say never, don't say I can't do this. It's impossible because I'm making a little money. No, you got to have the right habits. Most of success is hustle and good habits and optimism. Money's overrated. I never focus on money. I got more than I need. I never focus on it. I think it was on passion, purpose, authenticity. What what I I'm anyway?
Speaker 6: I'm trying. Look, I can move somebody's credit score.
Speaker 1: Listening to you, who's making forty thousand dollars a year, I can turn it into a homeowner in a year.
Speaker 6: I can get your credit score up in fifty four points in six months.
Speaker 1: To my whole financial coaching, I can get your debt down thirty eight hundred dollars, your savings up twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: In six to eight months.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it through I have fifteen hundred offices at Operation Hope that do financial coaching for free inside of bank branches. So the bank then says yes to you to become a homeowner. I'm not talking theory to you, brother. I've done four and a half billion dollars. I've invested four and a half billion dollars in the black and brown neighborhoods through Operation Hope with exact stuff we're talking about.
Speaker 2: This is not theory, John. If we don't get you out of here on this What would be your one what would be your one best piece of advice you could give our chat tonight.
Speaker 1: Get off your rear end and stop complaining and stop whining, stop obsessing with stuff. Is like racism is like rain. It's either fall in some place or it's gathering. So get out an umbrella and the color of your life and start strolling through it. Because it's not going to change. It's been around since Jesus. It's not going to change. So you must get your hand right, get your mind right, get your spirit right, get your life right, get out of your own way. Realize that you're God's child, that no one has these fingerprints. They're completely unique and near yours, and you could be great. You can beat o Cho Sinko and Shanna Sharp because they were once you. You can bet John O'Brien, you can beat Charlotte Mayne. You can be Stephen A Smith. But there's no billionaire. There's no billionaire who. There's no entertainer or no sports figure who's a billionaire who didn't do it by cross without crossing over into business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's the only way. We can't one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You can't sell enough movie tickets or take our concert tickets of merchandise. You can't do it with the your single going back, can't do it with that cash won't get there. You build wealth in your sleep, stocks, bonds, home ownership, investments, businesses one MBB an operation. We created half a billion, sorry, half a million black businesses since George Floyd's murder. I'm committed to create a million black businesses by twenty thirty. This is a Black Gewish business plan, right. And there's only three point one million black businesses in America. We've already created forty and fifty thousand of them, just under five hundred thousand. That's twelve percent, give or take of the national average. And I'm not going to stop because this is one of the ways that we can build wealth using our hustle, our talents. Don't don't just stand on the mic. Own that damn thing. Don't rock the mike, own the mike rental company, Own the stage rental company, own the part porter potties at the movie studio in the video shoot. Own the lighting system that gets rented. Nobody these companies don't own that stuff. They rent that stuff. Be the rental company, the VIP racist. But own the company that prints those things and sell it to the nightclub. Stop being a fool going to the night clubs man a five hundred dollars on a bottle of champagne that costs him twenty five Be the company sells in the bottles.
Speaker 6: Don't go to the club. Own the club.
Speaker 1: I was with. I was with the Mike Maples, who's a one of the top twenty venture capitalists. I'm sorry, I'm passionate. Am I talking too much?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: But my mother, my mother always said, you know, wanna be the old guy in the club out, I'm gonna leave right. So this guy named Mike Maples, he's a big venture capitalist in Silicon Valley. I was talking to him one day. I said, Mike, tell me about your family. Oh, just normal family. I'm not going to ask you that. And she tells me about your family, Well, my dad worked for Microsoft. Okay, what are you doing Microsoft? Oh he worked for Bill Gates. That look, technically everybody works for Bill Gates.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like, what did you do?
Speaker 1: By the way, we need a black Bill Gates as much as we need a black president, by the way, because I would create more that will create other billionaires, other cent a millionaires, one hundred million, other multimillionaires, who then create philanthropy in their neighborhood, who hire people who look like them, mentor people look like them. The cascade effect that would be incredible. Back to this example. So I said, I worked for Bill Gates. Okay, I asked him fourteen questions. I finally said, well, he was a president of software. I said, hold on, slow down. Did you just say your dad was in was the president of software at Microsoft. So he really did work for Bill Gates. Yeah, I said, you said your life was normal.
Speaker 6: Tell me more.
Speaker 1: Tell me about your first business. Well, you know, my dad I started this no business. I forget what what was? You know, whatever newspaper business, whatever it was, I forget it was. He was twelve years old and he made this the biggest business in his neighborhood. And he went to his dad one day. Here's the point, he said, Dad, I'm so excited I have made this the biggest business our neighborhood. I'm gonna sell this business to Disney. Mindset is Mike Mabel Senior said, I'm ashamed of you, son.
Speaker 6: We don't think like that.
Speaker 1: In this household. I raised you better than that. I'm sitting scratching my head, going, wait a minute. The kid just said, I'm a businessman. I'm gonna sell my business now to Disney. He said, no, no, no, on this household. We don't build a business and sell it to Disney. We build a business to buy Disney. Wow, drop the mic. What is Mike Mabel's doing today? Buying businesses? You model what you see, so we need to we need we need to become what we want to see. Look anybody out there saying let's just give it away, even if you want to distribute money like a.
Speaker 6: Socialist, you got a first collected like a capitalist.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: So anybody out there who has a problem with what we've been saying for this last hour, let me say this to you.
Speaker 1: You try government, charity, you try social justice, you try guilt, You tried whatever you tried. We tried a bunch yourself. It ain't worked. Why don't you try capitalism? Hello, it seems to work for everybody else. Everybody who's try to use free enterprise and capitalism to set themselves free.
Speaker 6: Have succeeded it. We're brilliant. Why can't we do it.
Speaker 1: We can, we just have never tried it. That's what I'm teaching at scale. That's what you're doing.
Speaker 6: I listened to you.
Speaker 1: You did a whole thing where you're talking about credit scores when you I mean, I remember you said eight hundred Do you don't not? Everybody was thinking, well, I want to be like Shannon, I need a eight hundred credit Scoore, o Cho, Si be dropping, be dropping some gems, and you you be weaving knowledge. Charlemagne is very good at this, weaving knowledge and education into the entertainment.
Speaker 2: MM.
Speaker 6: That's what need at scale. We gotta make this mainstream.
Speaker 2: Right now, John, I appreciate you joining us tonight. That's what we're gonna do from time to time. Our job here at clubs at a Nightcap is to not only entertain, That's what we do. We inform people about what transpired in the game and so forth and so on, but we also like to educate people. We like people because we want to see our people succeed.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And what better way to do it is that people that's been successful. Sometimes they get we gets redundant here from o Cho and I, and sometimes we need to bring a new voice in someone that succeeded on a grander scale, that can speak the things that Oacho and I we need help understanding and talking about. So for you to come on tonight and educate our group, our chat, we greatly, greatly appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Well, let me say this.
Speaker 1: I think you're brilliant. I think what you've done here is brilliant. I think that you guys are a great partnership. You played very well on each other, and I think it's very elegantly done. And I love seeing you shine. I love seeing you succeed. And other people I know, Bishop TD Jakes and Charlemagne and Steven A. Smith are all rooting for you in that beautiful thing a black man loving on another black man and completely straight. So your audience, I want you to hear now this last thing. Anybody, all of the folks who want to be ball players and football god bless you, fantastic, no problem with it. But seventy percent of all those in the NBA, seventy percent of all those in professional football bankrupt five years after retirement two.
Speaker 6: Two years.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Ojoe, you know better than me being conservative and by the way, and then your wife leaves you. Yeah, So this is if your outflows need your inflow, and your orea is going to be your downfall. If you've made all this money your whole life and you're now used to be fettering you, protecting you, serving you, giving you a paycheck, right, and then the paychock stops with your lifestyle is at a point where the bills keep coming and everybody else around you expects you to fund their lifestyle and you're not doing them a favor. By the way, all this posse that you're funding, you're not doing them a favor because they can't take care of themselves. You need people to be self reliant. Give them a handout, not a handout, and then when you need help, they can't come to help you because you're the source. So we've got to get our mind rights, because even when those who are succeeding at the top of their game aren't using an opportunity to turn an income into wealth that that pays you when you're sleep. So you can be Reggie Jackson, you can be Magic Johnson. You Michael Jordan, you can be Shannon's there's you know, there's a whole list of the folks that he's done, is right, Hey, John, I need a couple of those cars that Richie got.
Speaker 8: You know, Regie, Reggie's balling many he is, he's John.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I really appreciate that, man. I'll be in touch with you. You know, you and I we talked. We don't get together and do the have a chew the fat, sit down and do some business together.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate what you're doing for our community and uh and and part and partaking wisdom on our chat tonight. So I greatly appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Man. My my pleasure sending you love and light everybody. Go out and get financial literacy for all is my newest book, Piece of Light, and go get it. Go get an operational was counseling. I'll give you one thousand dollars free scholarships to go to Operation show get a year's worth of coaching and counseling.
Speaker 6: So don't say that Shannon didn't do anything for you. Shannon and ochell single, thank you, boss.
Speaker 2: You appreciate that. That was a John O'Brien. He's brilliant, o Joe. I mean the way he can lay out the way he can explain it to you what you should buy, and that's what you have to do. You know, people like, well, I ain't got no money. It's funny, you ain't got no money, but you got money to stop buy Starbucks drive through every day and buy a five dollars or a seven dollars take Yeah, you got money to do that. You got money. You got money to go on all these vacations. I've never understood borring money to go on a vacation. I never understood that, o Jo. Maybe that's just me. I'm not gonna go on if I can't go and pay for it. I'm not finna go into DAP to do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And you know, one of the things I've always had. You noticed.
Speaker 7: I know you were talking about you don't go on vacation, But I also don't go on vacation until I put in some type of work.
Speaker 6: I see people listening, there's nothing wrong with that. If there's nothing wrong with that, just my mindset.
Speaker 7: It's a little different unless I when I think about going on vacation, vacation. To me, the reason for going on vacation is because I put in a certain amount of work and the body needs to reset.
Speaker 1: I need to have a.
Speaker 6: Mental lapse of just of calmness, and peace. Yes, I just going on a vacation, just to be going on a vacation, just take pictures.
Speaker 1: Have fun.
Speaker 6: I never saw the point in that. But Joe, that is me personally.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question, How can I go on vacation and I worried the whole time? How the hell I'm gonna pay for this? That ain't no that ain't no peace, So choke. I mean, I've got to get away, like I ain't got a worry in the world. I know when I get back, I still got I got my mortgage is gonna be paid, the car payment's gonna be paid, X amount of money going to savings, YadA, YadA, YadA. I don't have to worry about paying for this vacation. If I'm on the vacation and I'm like, oh, Lord, have mercy, who I probably showed probably shit to come And I hear people say, oh, I don't know how I pay for this, but I worry about that later. Huh Yeah, you think that that charge is gonna magically disapprow on your credit card and they charge I don't know what credit card rate is because I pay all my probably what what's credit card rate? Fifteen twenty percent and you paying You got a five ten thousand dollars credit card and you sending in two hundred dollars a money. What the hell you gonna do? You'll kid somebody else gonna be paying that off.
Speaker 7: It all starts one of one of the key things that he did say that I always talk about. I mean those that have followed me throughout the years. I always talk about financial literacy and having a discipline. If you don't have discipline, it doesn't matter what amount of money they give you, you're gonna run through. You're gonna run through it. That's why that argument on Twitter happens every every so often when youven talk about credit score and a certain amount of money, and I see all the Twitter go with, oh, I want this amount of money because where it is, I'm gonna just pay it off and then I'm gonna flip it and I'm gonna do this. It got all these ideas not really understanding that's not how it works.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, remember I told you the story I was in the NFL if I credit was so bad I couldn't get a car.
Speaker 6: Yoh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Prime example, I couldn't get a car, and so I mean, now, if you got if you want to pay cash from everything, they're graciously accept it. But nah, if I got that kind of cash, put it away. I want to put a large portion of the way and let it work for me because I know I'm gonna get somewhere between four and eight percent. Yeah, I ain't trying to say I ain't trying to pay no car. I ain't trying to put two one thousand dollars playing a car for at two hundre thousand dollars or having a car called thirty thousand, forty thousand, or pay or I want to get a house and I gotta pay for the whole house, pay it off, or how to get some nah hell nah no, that's just me. But uh, John, we really appreciate you, hopefully chat you enjoyed that conversation about how to you know, financial, be financially and physcally responsible because at the end of the day, ain't nobody coming to save you. Now, you you can hope, you can hope, and we not. We're not doing political Ay, I've made peace with the decision that the American public made on November that second that second Tuesday in November. I've made peace with that. I ain't. I ain't gonna work my nerves up. These four years gonna go by the breeze, just like the last four years and the four years before that. So y'all can get all up saying and talk about, Oh, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna keep my head down. I'm gonna keep my ears closed, and I'm gonna go to work. That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know what y'all gonna do, but I'm gonna tell you what Shannon Sharan's gonna do. That's what I'm gonna do. And when these four years is up, i'm gonna look up. There's gonna be somebody to come in make a whole lot of promises and they don't deliver. Some people are gonna get delivered up. That's gonna get delivered on, and some people are not. But y'all keep worrying about this. I ain't worried about it. I can't. I can't. I can't work my nerves up. I've made peace with it.
Speaker 6: O yoe.
Speaker 2: I think they should also all your other Eagles are selling snow from their playoff win. They're boxing up the snow, put it in. I mean, they put it a little container and you can buy it. I think it's nine ninety nine, seven ninety nine.
Speaker 6: Is that too much, O Joe, Yeah, that's that's too much.
Speaker 7: That's too much because listen, but one of the fans Philadelphia, the culture in general, they should be used to winning by now.
Speaker 6: You used to win in boy.
Speaker 7: Now we're having the snow and there's no point because being contention every year, you're gonna be contention every year. Jeffrey Lewie and everyone else who is responsible putting that team together, they're always going to be in contention because those that are at the top know what the hell they're goddamn doing.
Speaker 2: Oh oh joy. They're selling it for fifty dollars, the snow fitted fitted bucks what you.
Speaker 1: No, man?
Speaker 7: I mean, it's cool, but there's no point. There's no point, y'all gonna be back in the NFC Championship again. Depending on the color of jersey we wore, you know, I would change my chint shrap. Yeah, a black chest shrap. Sometimes I have an orange chinch strap and I would wear the orange shoes you once. Remember everybody's shoes had the match. Even back then, everybody had the same color.
Speaker 6: Scheme.
Speaker 7: I go, so I would, I would, I would take the fine. I would take the fine. And then it got to a point, like you're six or seven, they will call down to David Folch.
Speaker 6: Remember David Folcher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, fool yeah, I played against me thirty three with the Bengal y'all played against you?
Speaker 6: Was are what do you call the guy that comes out?
Speaker 2: And uh he was the uh what the uniform guy? Uniful guy got so listen.
Speaker 7: He would tell me during pre game and say, listen, oh show now you know they're looking at you.
Speaker 6: They're looking at you. And I spoke to that. You know, I take the towe, I take the stream. I cut the towel and had a long stream of hanging. He said, that's not that's not an if issue. They're gonna get you for that streamer. I say, folks, man, y'all make minds.
Speaker 7: Well, go ahead and find me now, because I'm from the wettest tower in these orange poets.
Speaker 6: Of orange chin strap. I'm from the web that too, man. It got to the point in your six or seven.
Speaker 7: They were the league office will call in the middle of the game and say I will be removed from the game unless I take.
Speaker 6: Those shoes off, unless I dream off was right Chin Street. I'm like, what the hell? Yeah, this is yeah, Moovie got to Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: They made me o Joe because I had a pat leather shoes. So the shoes was like white blue and on where you can only have two colors, you can only have two colors, so they made me cover up one of the colors so you can cover. I don't care what color it is, but you're gonna come up one of them. I'm like, I just want to know what is the What is I say, the shoe? I say, everything matches, y'all make it seem like I got I got on a blue and OI uniform and I got on a red pair of cleves or something. I said, come on, guys, it's like, hey, sharp, I don't make the rules.
Speaker 6: I just work here.
Speaker 2: And I used to have a I have a blue chair. I had a blue chair strap, so that rule was implemented after I left Ojoe because I had a blue blue chest strap. Basically my entire career and if you go back and look my chant strap. I never buttoned my full chair drap. It was never off.
Speaker 6: I always kept my hanging on the right one hanging. I did listen.
Speaker 7: I saw Prime do it, so I was I did it on offer, that's why, mahem. But always flying off. I never I never buttoned the last one.
Speaker 2: Both of mine was hanging. They're like button that chain strap. I was like, no, something bagle happen. I buttoned this chain scrap some bag of help. I'm gonna swing on you official mm hmm
Speaker 1: Vo