Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Intrend Miami FC. Oh boy, for of course I don't have to say that, explain this. You didn't have to explain this to me bright before we started recording, and of course inter Miami FC being the club that we're about to start talking about right now, because I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I think it's inter Miami CF. Woos you? Oh shit, Sam bagged me? Fuck, my bad, my bad?
Speaker 3: Thank you? What do those stand for? Football club or club football?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think they're doing like I don't know if if they're doing it the exact way they would like in Spain, they'll do CF instead of FC.
Speaker 2: Uh so, I mean, like you and obviously you know you've studied it.
Speaker 4: I mean you were in obviously, but yeah, it's it's but I think what they're doing is club Internacional the football Miami.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Lionel Messi is the greatest to ever do it, and I knew.
Speaker 3: That is coming to the MLS.
Speaker 2: Reportedly, this is this is like when Pele came to the US.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like, this feels much different than anything that we've experienced in our lifetime because like we've had the only one that like I remember crossing into my like non futbol, you know, following radar was Beckham. He he was like, first of all, he was never as good as Messi was, right, and then he was also like thirty percent of his former I was seven years old when he came to the La Galaxy. His hair was still good, which was what was important. His hair is still good, man, can't There is still good.
Speaker 2: Shit, Shit's still going strong.
Speaker 4: But yeah, this is like I Meanlanel Messi just won the fucking World Cup and like just good won the World Cup, captain the Argentine into the World Cup. He's now leaving Paris San Germain pairs Saint Jermain to move to the MLS and right apparently there was like a couple offers on the table. One was for him to go back to Barcelona where it all started and he was, you know, made all the fantastic memories as a footballer.
Speaker 2: And another was from a Saudi.
Speaker 4: Club, oh Al Hilal, which we know about their attempts at sport washing. They wanted because they have Cristiano Ronaldo playing in Saudi Arabia right now, and they what their idea was, if we can get Ronaldo and Messi playing in our league.
Speaker 3: That's some wonderful sportswa washing.
Speaker 2: Reportedly, this Saudi club was going to offer him one and a half billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what the deal was going to look like. All told with everything was one and a half billion dollars. Messi was like, nah, I don't know for whatever reason. I think he probably just wanted like a fun new challenge come to the US. And the this deal is wild because it's being fun fun by Apple and Adidas basically.
Speaker 2: Because the thing is like.
Speaker 4: Apple has like the I don't know if you have Apple TV, you've seen that. They're like they have all the MLS games, so they own all the MLS coverage, and then Adidas makes all the uniforms for MLS and so what the deal looks like is they're like, you're gonna get a cut of the TV profits and any cut of like if the profits in general of like MLS go up, you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: A taste of that too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, anybody who is watching who knows anything or even just a little bit about soccer, and you have all these you're like, now people who live in you know, the Midwest or whatever will have Lionel Messi coming to play in their town, and that's gonna bring fucking like I feel like every game is going to be a sellout.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's big money, big money, big money players, right, A big deal for me.
Speaker 1: Finally I will be able to convince myself to start watching MLS.
Speaker 3: I have been to a couple of games when they're they're a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, LAFC though all day, We're LAFC all day, is it? I mean, this completely changes the power balance of the league, I'm assuming right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, enter Miami.
Speaker 3: I think they're like bottom of the league right now.
Speaker 4: So you know, maybe they'll put some pieces around him that make it a competing club or you know, he can just I think even Messy, like a twenty percent of like using twenty percent of his brain, is still going to be lighting it up.
Speaker 1: So be fun to see the air quality on the eastern US seaboard. Uh, just every everywhere in the eastern US is really like you go. You can go to the front page of the New York Times. They have like some time lapse photographs of like what the sky look like this morning, late morning, afternoon, and then it.
Speaker 3: Just goes full hellscape like some.
Speaker 1: Of the stuff that we were seeing in San Francisco last year and in La like it's like the sky is bright.
Speaker 2: Over Orange Ranch.
Speaker 4: As my neighbor would say, it is orange, it's orange out. It looks like, I don't know, like like a move, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just unreal to see and.
Speaker 4: All because look at all the terrible catastrophic forest fires happening up north in Canada, which.
Speaker 2: Is why, like it's just so stupid. Man.
Speaker 4: I didn't I honestly, I knew that there were some wildfires, but then when I saw this store and actually looked at the amount of wildfires that are happening in Canada's like, oh, my fucking god. I hope y'all are okay up there, because this shit sounds ridiculous. And apparently the reason why the smoke travels as far is because these forest fires are able to send so much smoke into the atmosphere that like it's traveling in like atmospheric winds that will carry it thousands of miles. So now you're seeing it in places like Minnesota and fucking everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so we'll just get more and more common because climate change is not a thing in the future.
Speaker 3: It's happening now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and look outside New York. It's not Blade Runner, it's climate change. Yeah what that looks like. It does look a lot like Blade Runner.
Speaker 1: That is a movie that keeps popping into my head, for sure, Vivian. Yeah, but yeah, get get some face masks that I'll protect you. Like, obviously we're a little more familiar with face masks these days than we were four years ago. But the K ninety five masks can and ninety five should work, So hopefully you have some of those laying around.
Speaker 4: We're actually out here being like, hey, y'all, the air is so fucked up. Here are your masks that you wear? Like we're there, Like we're we're there. Yeah, And like to take a line from Dumb and Dumber when they finally get Aspen, but yeah, we're there.
Speaker 1: An update to a story that we covered in our Weekend round up, because we were talking about how there was this new profile unprecedented access in the Atlantic, I believe to CNN's new CEO, Chris licked where he was just you know, he was like, yeah, you can, you can just hang with me. Fettered access twenty four hours a day. I got nothing to hide. And it turns out he should. He had some things he should have hidden, because just thirteen months into his tenure he is no longer CNN's new CEO. He is now CNN's old CEO.
Speaker 3: He will be moving on.
Speaker 4: So I mean, yeah, he was there to go, you know, fucking sniff out the libs. Yeah, and yeah, it just apparently like when that piece came out in the Atlantic, like it it.
Speaker 2: Was just like like to your point, the piece came out and it's like, oh, yeah, you're fired.
Speaker 3: By a couple of days later.
Speaker 2: So that fucking bad.
Speaker 1: It was a bang bang play, as they say in baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but despite their like strategy to like improve ratings or profits, none of that happened. Yeah, and so he I didn't realize he was like the guy who took over Colbert and like turned that program around. And you know, the insight seemed to be like go really hard on Trump, which I'm not sure if Colbert needed to be told that, but and then his insight at CNN seemed to be like go really hard with Trump, Like his whole thing seems to be man.
Speaker 1: People seem to really respond to this Trump guy, right, which genius.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't see how you fail when you have that level of you know, observation. Yeah, there's just there's.
Speaker 4: So many that I was just reading a little bit of that Tim alberta piece in the Atlantic about him.
Speaker 2: It's just so fucking everything is bad.
Speaker 4: Like there's not a single thing you're reading like oh, maybe he knew what he was doing, or like oh, he's so self absorbed, he's so obsessed with Sucker and like like he like moved like a Zucker's old office used to be on the seventeenth floor apparently like you know, like where everybody like just up in it, right, like you know, sort of connected to the room. Then he went up to you know a few like lights up to the twenty second or something where they said, quote, most staffers didn't know how to find him. Yeah, yeah, well smarty, smart, they're lifting the bar. They can't fire you if Sucker could can't find you. Yeah, lifting a bar and saying I bet Zucker couldn't do this is such a strong move. Has there been a profile that was this impactful?
Speaker 3: Like this is the profile.
Speaker 1: Like they'll do a profile like a politician and you'll be like, man, that should be the end of their career, but it never like actually happens, right, Yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Is I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I mean there are times like that have been like laughable ones like I think of like the betto Auroric Vanity fair cover, Like, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: That one that certainly wasn't what they were going for.
Speaker 4: No, no, exactly, Like, yeah, I'm not sure because this is truly like it was. Look, pride comes before the fall here. Yeah, So I don't know. Maybe maybe that'll happen with like Harlan Crow and maybe the Atlantic will maybe do some more damage there, or maybe they'll just carry water from I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, but I can't. I certainly can't think of something We're like a profile like this came up.
Speaker 3: Taken down within a week, within a week.
Speaker 4: Of publication, You're gone. But I think it was a losing battle trying to run CNN. However the fuck those creeps up in the C suite wanted.
Speaker 1: It ran right because he wasn't the He wasn't the guy who like came in and was like, I'm a conservative, we need to make it more conservative. That was like a pre existing idea that he then was working with right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was that was from like one of their over that guy, this guy I think we talked about like Robert Malone, who was like we talked about how he was like saying he said shit like I would like to see CNN evolved back to the kind of journal like that was the beginning of seeing the right word creep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's say a quick break. We'll come back and talk Martha Stewart and other shit and where sure back and Martha Stewart had some good political capital going after her sports illustration. I was I was just saying, okay, Martha, we were all rooting for you, We're.
Speaker 2: Rooting for you, making me get I'm becoming Tyra Banks suddenly. But now she's opening her mouth talking about she's on it. She said she's on a rampage to get the people in the United States to go back into offices because she hates like work from home shit. She says that people cannot quote possibly get everything done working three days a week in the office and two days remotely. Mm hm oh. Then she went on to say she.
Speaker 1: Would know because I mean, she's famously has worked lots of office jobs.
Speaker 3: Correct, oh or oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: She's like, when I was doing work, when I was like, you know, behind the walls, you know, I would make at least eighty.
Speaker 2: License plates a day, and I was doing that with my bare hands. I don't know.
Speaker 4: She goes on to say she compared the state of in person work in the United States to France, calling France a quote not a very thriving country. Quote look at the success of France, but they're stupid, you know, off for August blah blah blah. That's not a very thriving country. Should America go down the drain because people don't want to go back to work?
Speaker 2: Please leave, please go back.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, we're not here to you know, advocate for prison, but maybe let me just shut up go back there. Like, are all your friends these like Goldman Sachs people who are like, yeah, you know, the corporate fucking real like that's all they're talking about. Because she's only talking to like these business owner like property owning maniacs. And that's the thing that all they all are obsessed with right now is like, what are we gonna do with all this fucking like corporate real estate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just hasn't had a conversation with anyone who is worth below fifty million dollars in probably decades, or at least not a conversation where she was actually like respecting the other person and taking in what they have to say. So you know that that's where we get these things where they come out with their chest out and are like and I mean we all agree, right, France is the pits and we just need to get back to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at how they're all.
Speaker 4: Look at how they're turning up trying to fight the you know, raising of the retirement age and going all out anyway, it's not.
Speaker 3: A very thriving country. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, It's like it reminds you of like when that that Willow and Jaden Smith article came out a few years ago, and like they were talking people like.
Speaker 3: What the fuck are y'all talking about? Right?
Speaker 4: And clearly, Like when I read, I was like, oh, so he's around some trippy ass adults who are just saying this shit all the time and they're just regurgitating this nonsense thinking that it's their own thoughts.
Speaker 2: And like it feels like how Marth is like, look, you're she's around these takes I'm sure. Uh so, yeah, it's going to be a mirror for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, just to check him with a box office because I do just want to comment on like Spider Man Across the Spider Verse is like a genuine butverse. Oh yeah, it's it is crushing. It's doing incredibly. It's like, Miles, I'm gonna do it. Ring the bell, It's time to declare the box office for Spider Man Across the Spider versus Baffo the Mafo bell. Oh shit, he's ringing in my god, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's very exciting.
Speaker 1: Uh the So there's also a new Transformers movie coming, and also the Flash DC movie coming. It feels like none of them are gonna do like what what Spider Verse is doing.
Speaker 2: They thought they could cross swords with the animated Spider Man.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think anybody knew it was gonna be this good, like this, but you knew how good.
Speaker 2: Everyone knew how good the first one was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, you can't be like, hey man, you know our fucking terribly cursed Flash movie with the lead like performer who's an absolute piece of trash. Yeah, let's go toe to toe with the beloved Spider Man animated version.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, go ahead, and they're trying to. I will say I think the Flash Movie is gonna kind of eat shit a little bit, because like there were some early things I think they must have had, like a marketing campaign where they're paying I think Stephen King came out on Twitter and was like, just saw the new Flash movie. It's the great Like this isn't a superhero film, this is like one of the greatest.
Speaker 3: I think they like had some.
Speaker 1: People that they were working to try and get the word out that like this this one's special, folks. But it seems like, you know, the reviews have dropped and they're pretty kind of middling. They're not They're not the sort of thing that you would need to get past all the problems that this movie has. Also, like the last DC movies like really eh shit At box office, the Shazam Fury of the Guys has grossed one hundred and thirty three zero point four million worldwide like to date, which is the lowest DC Cinematic Universe movie in history, even with like inflation and all that shit, it's.
Speaker 3: The worst in history.
Speaker 1: And then like Black Adam, Like you know that that was the hardest the rock has ever like worked to promote a movie, and like that one went well under like what people were expecting, and like people think it was probably under profitability. So like the Flash and like box office trackers are saying that, like these sorts of movies like that have a shared cinematic universe, like this kind of influence each other. And so if the past couple haven't done well, it's pretty damning.
Speaker 2: Zachary Levi like in some controversy too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that hasn't he ambled on some.
Speaker 1: Bad horses man, Jesus Zachary Levi was, Yeah, he's just like no, I'm just like a libertarian and like, oh is that what it was? Came through with some really spicy takes. I will say that this new Transformers movie, which seems completely baffling to me, like I don't know why the robots need to be animals and vice for no, no, I don't either, but for all its logical problems in my brain, it makes the hell out of some sense to my kids' brains. Yeah, that is I'm like trying to get them. We just watched the first Spider Verse. They loved it. I'm like, we can see the next one in theaters. And yet every time we pass a Transformers movie poster, they're just like, ooh, Transformers. Are there other Transformers movies? Like why is that big damnit robot animal?
Speaker 3: Like so pissed? Is he a bad guy? Like? Wait there?
Speaker 1: And now I'm gonna like maybe have to show them the Michael Bay Transformers.
Speaker 4: Why don't you just go to Spider Man and see if they figure it out? Because it's so good you can be like, yeah, you know this is good in the wrong we walked in the wrong theater.
Speaker 2: Myight bad? What just transform but doing Spider Man today? Yeah, I don't know that. I was.
Speaker 4: I know what you mean, because like you want to be like, well they started, you don't understand, because they start off as auto bots and the whole thing was they transformed from these these things that were among us into these robots.
Speaker 2: But that's just a fucking gorilla robot.
Speaker 3: Yeah what was that the platform into.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I don't even know. I don't even care.
Speaker 4: But again, but these films aren't even for the US anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they make all their money over pre in China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the fifties domestic, but like huge numbers overseas.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I get it.
Speaker 1: Like one of the cooler things, like just when we were at the beginning of like CG and like.
Speaker 3: Cool special effects.
Speaker 1: Like one of the movies that seemed to me like would have the most promise was a Transformers movie, and like watching the robots like transform on screen like that five seconds as cool as fun. Like that's like yeah, man, like that's that's cool as hell. Like yeah, that's that's what movies. That's why I would.
Speaker 3: Go to movie.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, hell yeah brother. That's all right, all right right there, man, Yeah, I am a very.
Speaker 3: Vocal film viewer.
Speaker 1: For the Transformers film, just go to everyone and kind of give give a lot of high fives out huh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they fuck up and give it to Michael Bay.
Speaker 1: So anyways, Spider Verse seems to be the big winner, which is good. It seems like a case of art actually resonating and winning out.
Speaker 3: It's in the Popular Forum.
Speaker 1: Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, June seventh. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode.
Speaker 3: Of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, Be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get.
Speaker 3: Your shots, get your blue shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will. Okay, hell tomorrow, fight fight
Speaker 2: Mhm.