Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. This is the home of a team that just won Game seven on the road to close out.
Speaker 2: The series against the Sacramento Kings.
Speaker 1: I know it's a lot of y'all out there didn't think we could do this, yet here we are. I know a lot was said about the road record, back the back row wins. For those that don't believe the playoffs, there's just something different about the playoffs, and you figure stuff out and that's what we like to do.
Speaker 2: It's a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: Obviously we need to talk about our game, but also the rest of the playoffs. Man, the playoffs are really heating up, some tough matchups. But first, before we get into all of those things, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Warriors top the.
Speaker 1: Kings one twenty to one hundred. After Golden One Center, we lit the bean. There would be no being being lit on top of Golden One or wherever that light is coming from. We lit the bean and it was absolutely wonderful. Some quick takeaways. Number One, I did not think I felt like their crowd was nervous.
Speaker 2: A or B.
Speaker 1: Fans may have gotten priced out because it was a Game seven and the fans that were there or the other games, I just can't in my heart believe that those were the same fans and saying that the atmosphere was still electric, incredible to playing, but I just didn't feel like those were the same fans from the previous game. Could have been and they just really maybe have been silenced and knew what happened Game five when they were a little over the top and didn't summon that same energy, and then maybe Steph Curry just sent them night night, and that's that's what it was. But that was a little different, at least it felt like, which I've never experienced that playing in Game sevens played a Game seven and against the Clippers, played in Game seven at Houston and now Sack, those are the Game sevens at home versus the cast at home versus ok See. But that just felt a little different. Anyway, let's get into the game. We need to start no further than the man, the myth, the legend himself, Steph Curry. Fifty points, eight rebound, six assists. Guy did everything twenty to thirty eight from the field, seventh eighteen from three.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because.
Speaker 1: That guy is so amazing, so incredible, and after years of doing this, like you kind of just know when he got that look, you know when he locked in, and you know when he's just not like losing isn't an option. Like there's times where he go in this mode where you can't lose, You're not going to lose. And at no point throughout that game, you know, like you go through the game and like you had these different emotions and thoughts, and at no point throughout that game that I think we were going to lose that game. At no point, Steph was absolutely incredible. Again, just like Game three, masterful slowed the tempo to the wherever he wanted it. When he wanted to push the tempo, tempo was gone when he wanted to slow it down, slow it down, and got to everything that he wanted to get to. And it was absolutely incredible, incredible to watch, incredible to be a part of. I'm not sure for those of you that didn't watch but are hearing this, all you needed to see for me was wherever Steph Curry was, I was either trying to get him the ball with a pass or go set a screen and then get out his way and he did the rest first time in the history of Game sevens the NBA that someone scored fifty points.
Speaker 2: How insane is that?
Speaker 1: We talked all these great performances Game seven performances, and Steph Curry has the best one ever. And as you know, I'm not a big like, oh man, you score like this is great?
Speaker 2: Like whoever scores the most point? Number one?
Speaker 1: Don't anybody just score fifty points in game seven? Hint hints the fact it has not been done, or just go off in Game sevens normally, but like that's goat stuff man, like you when you you speak of game seven, his name will always be mentioned in the great Game sevens. And like to go on the road, hostile environment and do that against a young team that just called us old that just say, you know, we know those guys are old. This one, this is short turnaround the last game. I honestly thought they were looked a little gast to me as opposed to the old guys looking a little gass, looked like they ran out of gas and hope and wins and we move on. But Steph, after Game six, I saw Tim something that Tim Kawa Kami said, Jackson Faye brought it to me from from the podcast from the Athletic Tim Kawa Kami. I've known him since I got drafted. Here his longtime Bearry sports writer, and he said, I'm going to read his He said the locker room was empty for a while except for Steph Clay and Draymond. They weren't talking each other. They were just sitting there. It did feel like they were just kind of summoning energy. They just kind of were sitting there. I've watched them a lot through the years, and I had never really seen that.
Speaker 2: What was that we all were sitting there.
Speaker 1: Number One, we were doing recovery stuff a little longer than most, just making sure, you know, you get to a point of your career where you dialed in and you're gonna do everything, not cut any corners, you know, every little thing that you can do to maximize recovery, because in the words of Malik Monk, it was a short turnaround, and so you're kind of doing like prepping like it's a back to back game, and that's the recovery cycle you're going through.
Speaker 2: And so number one, we had been doing that.
Speaker 1: But then we're just kind of sitting in the locker room because like, I'm not gonna lie man. Game six that was a gut punch, Like you come out with the opportunity to close out a series. It's a young, scrappy team, and they destroyed. They man handled us in Game six, manhandled and you felt it. And it wasn't like a silence of like we're scared, we don't know what's to come.
Speaker 2: It was just like damn and that like wow.
Speaker 1: And so you're just sitting there thinking and you're replaying plays and we're all just kind of sitting in there and we didn't need to say much. We didn't say much. Ultimately, we end up saying all right, fellas, I see y all tomorrow. But that night, that night, I sent those two guys a text message and I just sent them some of my thoughts and it was actually a text that I was going to send to our group chat, our team group chat, and I was like, nah, let me just text these two guys, and so I text them too, And of course, in typical Clay fashion, he never said a word.
Speaker 2: It's typical Clay.
Speaker 1: I sent that text at I'll tell you the exact time I sent that text, because.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a part of the story, like why not right?
Speaker 1: So I sent that text at three am, I can't sleep after games.
Speaker 2: Steph text back at.
Speaker 1: Six I won't read you all of my texts, but the first line is so I can't sleep period. Just finish the film again, period, and then I go into some other things. Steph texts back at six am, like, can't sleep either. But let me deliver the message before film because he know me, like I'm coming in. I got like I haven't slept all night, Like I'm coming in, like lock in, motherfuck, he said, But let me deliver the message before film, before the coaches come in, before film tomorrow, let me deliver.
Speaker 2: Say no more.
Speaker 1: And he delivered such a powerful message. It was, it was incredible. It was Listen, we just got embarrassed last night. We got embarrassed on our home floor. An opportunity to close out a team, and we never showed up. He said, if you getting on this bus, you making a commitment to this team. I don't care how many minutes you play. I don't care if you don't play a single second. I don't care if it's points, rebounds, whatever it is. But if you getting on this bus, you are saying I am going to do whatever it takes as far as my preparation goes to win this game. We not going out like that like we went out game six. We not going out like that. We have an opportunity to play in game seven. They've rare, they don't come around. Take advantage of the moment, Embrace the moment. And he went a little further in, but it was such an incredible speech. And when he finished, he said, anybody else got something? Nah, Champ, it's enough said. You said it all when he delivered that speech, I can't say I knew he was going to come out and get fifty, but I knew he was gonna come out and do something incredible, and I knew there was no way he was going to allow us to lose that game.
Speaker 2: Masterful performance. Go performance again.
Speaker 1: Looks like Steph Curry in the NBA Finals. Absolutely incredible. I'm honored to have been there and been a part of that. Wow incredible. Cavon Looney twenty one rebounds. I said in film yesterday, I said, man Trey Low has been punking us. Man Trey Low has been punking everybody, punked me punk Louan and Lune said after after the film, he came to me said, Man, Trey Lows, ain't punk me. Man, don't be throwing that on my resume. I said, listen, Lou show me. Then Loun got a come in rebounds in the second half. He said, ain't nobody punking me? I said, yeah, Tune. It was so incredible to watch him dominate his matchup, dominate the gang.
Speaker 2: His offensive rebounds broke their spirit.
Speaker 1: You could see it with every single one of them. As he got them, their spirit just broke a little bit more, a little bit more, and a little bit more. And then Cavan go crash the glass and three guys run at him. Somebody else slip in and get offensive rebound. Our game plan we executed. Coach Kirk text me on my way home today and he said, that may have been the best I've ever seen you guys execute a game plan. It was so fun to watch the way we executed that game. Turnovers, seven turnovers, seven turnovers. You're talking about controlling the pace, controlling the tempo, and not letting the team get out in transition because they had struggled against our hailgh court defense all series, and so you you fall into this trap of like, man, they're scoring a lot da da da, and you start making a bunch of crazy adjustments. But actually, what you've been doing been working. What can you clean up? Offensive rebounds? We cleaned the rebounding up Cavan Loney twenty one rebounds. I think Wiggs has seven or eight rebounds. I think I had six or seven. Clay had maybe seven or eight rebound. Guys rebounded eight steph eight rebounds. Guys rebounded the basketball. And it started with the man in the middle, Cavan Looney, holding the fork down. Getting every rebound offensive and defensive not only obviously changed the game today, but that changed the series. That changed the series. Game three down, oh two, I'm suspended back against the wall. What does he do getting twenty rebounds? Game five pivotal, Game five tied up to the two on the road.
Speaker 2: What does he do? Twenty plus rebounds?
Speaker 1: Game seven, biggest stage in basketball, biggest stage in sports. Twenty one rebounds. If you're not impressed, and what are we watching? What are we looking at? And what are we looking for? So I take my hat off the loom. Let's not missed the assists he was had all series long. This good decision after good decision after good decision, continuing to grow.
Speaker 2: And that's what you love.
Speaker 1: To see guy who's battle test had been through it all stand tall no matter what.
Speaker 2: I go in the fox hole with him any day, any day.
Speaker 1: I was thinking Game five, after Game five, I'm like, man, you know what everybody forgot?
Speaker 2: Hey forgot? Man, this Wigan.
Speaker 1: That was Wiggans fifth game and two thir and a half three.
Speaker 2: I know everybody forgot.
Speaker 1: You want to you know how I know everyone forgot because I forgot. Tonight he found that aggressiveness. You could tell he's gotten his legs back und him. See what happens is you see play like a couple of games and what usually happens when you return from a long layoffs, Like you have a couple of games and then you're gonna tank, and then you start to march back up and you love and you get back to yourself. And he's headed back up. And you saw that aggressiveness tonight. You saw the offensive rebounds, you saw the defense, you saw him locked in.
Speaker 2: Playoff.
Speaker 1: Wiggs didn't shoot it particularly well, but the energy lose mall steals in transition, don't miss the little things. Wiggs was huge tonight Clay's aggressiveness, then his shots like he normally does, even miss two free throws. The aggressiveness, the demonstrativeness, getting into key and murdered, change his things, and obviously they're not leaving them.
Speaker 2: Steph came up to me.
Speaker 1: He said, yo, go at like six seconds on the clock, come and scream me, but don't scream me, go get Clay. Clay came off and one three and that felt like like that that shot took their heart.
Speaker 2: That was like, man, but I'll tell you something.
Speaker 1: I know everybody's gonna slander Jordan Poole and been slandering them. But something I always tell Jordan it's his attitude and his demeanor. A lot of people follow that. On this team, people follow that. And his demeanor tonight was incredible. Seventy one sixty four will in a time out. He come to time out, he say, hey, man, they getting a little tight.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, floaters short shot short, they're getting a little tight. Turn the pressure up now, fed off that energy. It was huge. It was huge. Malik Monk got it going early and he shut the water off. Then the water got shut off. It was tough and Fox never really found it today. But before I move on, there's a couple more things I want to talk about with this game. Lost a lot of respect for someponents. You don't shake guy's hands after you lose. I don't respect that. I once left the court when we lost in Game seven of the Cleveland Cavaliers, and I went to my locker room and I sat down and I said, this don't feel right. And I walked back out in the court and I showed everybody love you lost, deal with it, pay your respect. I I that was whack to me.
Speaker 2: That's whack like.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't necessarily even say lost respect, Like, but I don't respect that. And that's what however, Sacramento Kings Organization, Sacramento Kings fan base, Diaron Fox, Malik Monk, Mike Brown and company.
Speaker 2: I gained a lot of respect for I always had respect for Mike Brown.
Speaker 1: And a lot of times in these playoff series, Man, you lead a series and you're like, man, lost all respect for that guy.
Speaker 2: He get in these series and like.
Speaker 1: Tighten up, gets soft, like don't embrace the moment, Like you lose a lot of respect for guys in these playoff series. I'll tell you. I got a lot of respect for them boys. They showed up Trey Lyles, they fought, Terrence Davis brothers fought.
Speaker 2: Man. I respect Harrison.
Speaker 1: Taking less minutes, less of a role as the leader of that team, one of the only few, one of the few guys that hasn't has experienced in the playoffs a champion him in Delhi. Terrence Davis got to go in these last two games. Harrison ain't play much, demeanor, was upbeat, still talking to his guys. I can respect that. I gained a lot of respect for the Sacramento Kings. So I want to say that that that's not the last we'll see of that group. That group gonna have to be reckon with for years to come in the NBA, and I look forward to the battles, the challenge of it, the competition, and then someday when we are too old, monk and we're going on seeing what they can put together. That's that's it. That's a group that fought, and you gotta respect that. I got a lot of respect for those guys. So I wanted to, you know, say that because dearon Fox, he had a tough on the night first game seven, there'll be another opportunity. They had a tough on the night, but the way he carried them guys, his demeanor, leadership. I told y'all when me and him got into our back and forth that what game was?
Speaker 2: The first game I got back? Game four?
Speaker 1: We got into it because I said something to keep a murdy. He stepped right in. I can respect that. So many guys that y'all think it's him wouldn't say nothing for that guy. I can respect that. So I got a lot of respect, man. Those guys earned my respect. Congratulations to the Sacramento Kings. Vivek round of DV, Neil Run of DV, Mike Brown on down Fox players.
Speaker 2: Nothing but respect man.
Speaker 1: Like I said, those guys will They'll have to be dealt with as they continue on their journey.
Speaker 2: As we move forward. It is a quick turnaround.
Speaker 1: It is already Sunday night and we played the Lakers on Tuesday evening.
Speaker 2: I mean just my initial thoughts.
Speaker 1: Obviously haven't gotten a chance to watch film on them yet, but they're playing very good basketball. D'Angelo at the point, Austin Reeves, whichever one you consider the point guard.
Speaker 2: They both have a lot of ball handling the responsibilities.
Speaker 1: Austin Reeves been playing lights out for the past two and a half months. D'Angelo Russell found his stroke those last couple of games against Memphis. Rui Hachamara has been playing great basketball. Jared Vanderbilt Swiss Army knife does it all. Obviously, you got Lebron James at the four. Goes without saying, Anthony Davis at the five, goes without saying, Troy Brown coming off the bench. Rui's been coming off the bench as well, Uh, giving these guys great minutes. Malik Beasley coming in shooting, hadn't found his stroke, but he's a shooter and you gotta respect that.
Speaker 2: And at any moment, you know he can get going. O. G.
Speaker 1: D ham sacking off matchup, baby, looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: It'll be a tough matchup.
Speaker 1: You know, this team has been playing better basketball, as good or better basketball as anybody in the league since the trade deadline. They are a complete team. The vibes around the team is great. They play really good brand of basketball. They defend, Uh they have they present some challenges on the offensive end as well. It'll be up to us to meet that force with four. You know, they're gonna rebound the basketball. They've done that incredibly well. And then also for us to get into the things that we're gonna need to get into from an offensive standpoint, you can't allow them to turn you over and get out in transition. They're tough in transition as anybody is. Ad has been playing out of his mind defensively. I think he average five and a half blocks of game last series over the course of six games. That's incredible, you know. So it's a really good team. It'll be a tough matchup. Uh. You know, they do play a lot of size, you know, and so a lot of length. They have Jared Vanderbilt's garden point guards at six ' nine, you know, so they play a lot of length.
Speaker 2: It'll be a chess match, as it always is.
Speaker 1: Steve Kurz great and those always trust the Steve in a chess match, you know, and he was great in this past series. He's always been great. So I'm looking forward to actually getting our game planning tomorrow. But it'll be a good series. And then obviously, you know, you got step versus Lebron the first time we've seen this since two thousand and eighteen, and it's also and it's the very first time we've we've seen this before the NBA Finals. I'm not sure if there's ever been a Warriors Lakers matchup or meaningful matchup at any point in this, you know, playoffs.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about this. I'm really excited about this.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the Lakers's Los Angeles and it's the motherfucking Doves.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Gotta love it, gotta appreciate it, Bay Area stand up. So I'm looking forward to this matchup. It'll be a hard fort matchup. They're not laying down. We're not laying down. You know, they got they gotta go, We gotta go. Gotta love it. I'm looking forward to it. Before we get out of here, the heat go up. One on the Knicks. Stephen A'sworth's nightmare. Stephen A much loved my brother. Good luck to your Knicks. Jimmy Butler is still playing out of his mind. I wouldn't necessarily say out of his mind, because Jimmy has shown to be that guy, you know, so, but he's playing incredible basketball. It'd be interesting to see if Julius Randal gets back for a Game two. You definitely don't want to go down oh two headed the South Beach. I think with them losing oh one, he was shooting to day. He'll be out there in game two, but he's missed some time these last few weeks, and rhythm and all of that starts to come into play, conditioning fit because now they got to fit them in, like it's not like you're just sticking somebody. Julius has the ball a lot in that offense, So then guys gotta find their spots, you know, and where they get their shots. And so it's a lot of moving parts in that series. But the Heat takes a one oh lead. The Denver Nuggets takes a one oh lead versus the Suns. I actually got chance to watch that game. Jamal Murray, Wow, what are the performance? Incredible performance Bruce Brown, big, big, big pickup for the Denver Nuggets. Changes a lot of things for those guys, Bruce Brown and KCP Michael Porters Junior being healthy, a joker, didn't even have it really going well with his scoring, but rebounded the hell out of the ball. Rebounded the ball absolutely incredible, and they took a one oh lead. It was an analytical person's dream and a non analytical person Nightmare. The Book shot very efficient, didn't shoot threes. The Phoenix Sun didn't shoot many threes, but they shot well in Denver, as you know, one by twenty. So the analytical guys were seeing that and eating that up. Shoot the three, shoot the three, shoot the three. It'll be interesting to see what adjustments to signs will make going in the game two. And then tomorrow we have the game one of Boston versus Philly. Absolutely sucks that Joe l Embiid is doubtful. The play probably will be out for the first couple of games. You're talking to lcl spring four to six weeks. If he gets back in three, you're lucky. I'm not even sure if it's been two full weeks since he's since he's been hurt.
Speaker 2: You hate to see that.
Speaker 1: This is the matchup everybody's been wanting to see all year in the Eastern Conference, and now Joel goes down. You hate to see it. Hope he gets back, wishing him a speedy recovery. But you all should understand health is a big part of the playoffs, making it to the end healthy. It's a big part of who's winning. Who wins, and I know people will say quick. Oh, this verse will hurt. That's a part of it. Your durability and how long you can go. Now, obviously he had a like bang bang play. You hate to see those team that stays the healthiest. That's a big part of it. It's part of the playoffs. Gotta get through it. See if James Harden can remuster some of that Houston days and make everything happen. Maybe you still gain one at home without Joel, then that leaves less pressure for Joel. As long as they win, it leaves less pressure for Joel to get back, more time for him to recover. You start losing, changing things, then it's like, man, he really can't. Like there's nothing you can do, So we'll see. I wish him a speed of recovery. Looking forward to checking that series out tomorrow, but most importantly, I am looking forward to getting the film, getting our game plan, and getting ready for these Lakers till next time. That's a rat from the Draymond Green show.
Speaker 2: Peace. Oh yeah, like the bean, like it, like the bean fea