Speaker 1: You're listening to comedy centrals.
Speaker 2: What is the secret document scandal really about? Why is it happening now? On a scale of one to the most innocent man who's ever lived, how innocent is Donald Trump? Well, I've been watching Fox News for twenty six days straight, and I'm ready to Fox flame the biggest witch hunt since Dorothy's skipped down that yellow brick road with a robot at furry.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 1: This wasn't a search, this was a ray.
Speaker 2: The woke FBI smashed the window and broke in, and Merrick Garland took a bubble bath in Trump's tub and erased everything on his DVR he was catching up on add Elementary, Merrick.
Speaker 1: What Donald Trump did was normal.
Speaker 2: Everyone brings work home, even when they no longer worked there After I got fired from AH and M I brought home an entire cash register. It is totally normal and not illegal. Joe Brandon's Department of Justice is out of control. Congratulations, FBI, you did it. You found Malania's top secret underwear.
Speaker 1: Can I see it? Seriously, Donald Trump took documents, documents.
Speaker 2: This is no worse than what Hillary did, which was terrible and she should go to prison, which is why Trump should not go to prison.
Speaker 1: Do I have to list why it's okay that he has the documents?
Speaker 2: Okay, attorney client privilege, executive privilege, white privilege, diplomatic immunity.
Speaker 1: Uh, the Kavanaugh hearings. Trump is technically still the president.
Speaker 2: Because he never gave us two weeks notice double jeopardy. That's gotta be a thing, right, Seriously, we're prosecuting Trump on the espionage actor, trying to get an American president on a French word.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Pepping a pew no huhuh no, no, no, no, America. If you are not so outraged that you forgot to pick your children up from school every day last week, then you are not paying attention.
Speaker 1: Where's the raid on Hunter Biden's laptop?
Speaker 2: Oh right, the laptop is sitting in a five star hotel getting a massage and eating caviare from China. If they indict Trump for this, there will be riots in the streets, and if they don't, there will also be riots in the streets, just like on January sixth, which is not a riot. It was a normal tourist activity, which is good or bad either way.
Speaker 1: I will not be picking up my kids from school that day.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sweeze.
Speaker 2: This is just another deep staate hoax and a major distraction from the real story. Joe Biden gave a speech when it was stark out that's all for this week by everyone.
Speaker 3: Merrick Greland is a space elf.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 3: Like communist level shit.
Speaker 2: If they can do this to somebody as strong and powerful as Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump, what can they do to the rest of us.
Speaker 2: President Trump is joining some of the most incredible people in history being arrested today.
Speaker 3: Jesus Jesus was arrested and murdered by the Roman government.
Speaker 5: I don't really feel right right now living in this police state.
Speaker 3: Alvin Bragg is the Malga Republican of the Year.
Speaker 2: He just got Trump's nomination. This is a George Soros fun the DA and he has to pay his master back. Go Tony, give the present some money.
Speaker 3: If you got any money to give, give it.
Speaker 1: Oh and Trump's indictment is an assault on America.
Speaker 2: The Democrats may as well have karate cake the Statue of Liberty right in the coach. I've been watching Fox News in Chuncky Loganhaul's energy drink for six days straight, and I'm ready to fox flame Trump's indictment. This is Stalin Russia, MOUs China, Hitler's Germany, Tito's vodka. Mommy needs a drink. If they can arrest Donald Trump, they can arrest anyone who's accused of a crime.
Speaker 1: Then that's a bad thing.
Speaker 2: By the way, did you know that the word indictment has a silent c in it for communism? Why are they focusing on Trump and not on the rampant violence happening in New York City. I punched Toddler in the face this morning, and I'm walking around Scott cree. Please give Donald Trump money five dollars, two dollars seventy five cents. We live in a police state, not the kind of BLM complaints about. That's the good kind of police state. This is the bad kind. You know who else was arrested? Nelson Jesus Christ, the unibomber. Wait, so we can just go after ex presidents now, huh hope you got a good lawyer, Millard Fillmore.
Speaker 1: And this guy, Alvin Bragg, He's funded by George Soros. George Soros, he's a radical George Sorow money George, George George.
Speaker 2: So this indictment ensures that Donald Trump will win in twenty twenty four. Cancel the election. Now, for the sake of democracy, you have opened Pandora's box Liberals. Now some Republican prosecutors going to go after Joe Biden, which is what I wanted before all this, But now I still want that. I don't even recognize America anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't have my glasses on. Oh that's better. Ooh my car keys.
Speaker 6: Bo.
Speaker 1: Just give him money.
Speaker 2: Just go on your couch cushions and get him money.
Speaker 7: I mean, you have just give it, Drump. Give him money. He did no one. He just want money. Doesn't give him money.
Speaker 2: And that's pretty much Fox News is take on the Trump indictment. George see Florida God's waiting room. It's home to theme parks, the Everglades, your peapot, and of course Florida man.
Speaker 8: Before committing a sexual act on a tree, yelling.
Speaker 3: He was a god.
Speaker 1: I was trying to start a fire with spaghetti sauce.
Speaker 3: Was karate kicking those birds we attack.
Speaker 2: Every week there's a new headline out of Florida Wild shocking unnecessarily sexual asturbating at a bus stop, told police he was Captain Kirk Kirk. But have we ever stopped to ask the question why something's happening to men in Florida? And it can't just be a coincidence. As a future Pulitzer winning journalist, it's my responsibility to uncover the truth, to reveal what lies beneath the swamp, to answer the question what makes a man Florida man, Florida Man, Magia Florida Man.
Speaker 3: Florida Man, Florida man.
Speaker 2: First thing I did was the heavy back channeling, mostly on craig'slist in Facebook. I needed to locate some of these real life Florida men. First up was Robbie. Last July, he ran into a liquor store with a live alligator. For some reason, Florida Man Robbie Stratton decided to bring an alligator with him while making a beer run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely regret.
Speaker 2: It's it's stupid. Talk to me about the night that you became Florida man.
Speaker 3: I can't really tell you much about that night. There's too much alcohol involved that night.
Speaker 2: Not just alcohol, though it's a there's probably a deep rooted conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Mm Na it was alcohol.
Speaker 2: Isn't there something that all Florida men share there's something behind.
Speaker 3: It mental health issues.
Speaker 2: No, that couldn't be it. And this wasn't the only man effected.
Speaker 9: He's been hit with charges after pictures in this video showing him handling an alligator, which he posted.
Speaker 1: We're seen by law enforcement.
Speaker 9: A real name, Jordan Bedford, but I go by the alligator man.
Speaker 2: Okay, alligator man. What's the common factor among all Florida men?
Speaker 9: We all different? Well, I'm I'm different from the rest because I do the wrong thing in the right way, if that makes sense. No, no, see you're not from Florida, so you don't understand my language what I'm talking right now. But I do the I do the wild things. Anything you think of, I'll probably do it. Catch Like I tell you anything, I catch gators, anything, anything, well, not anything, but basically anything when it comes to the reptile animals, mainly the alligators. Though the way like hearing Florida you not allowed to catch an alligator. I mean I didn't know up before, but I know not. I just had a little form, put him on the leash and dance with the last one they seen.
Speaker 2: What kind of dancing did you do with the alligator?
Speaker 9: The alligator Man. Dance you gotta kick your feet, Spell alligator in the sand as you're dancing, as you going around, you spell an alligator and you in it with the stump. Delligated Man got a commercial too, a super commercial. They got a commercial. You got a theme song. Everybody seem like now it's the alligator Man.
Speaker 2: That is one hundred percent of McDonald's jingle.
Speaker 9: Well, it's delligated Man's all Now.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying about doing the wrong thing in the right way and how it works.
Speaker 9: It worked.
Speaker 2: Where do you find alligators in Florida?
Speaker 9: If there's a lake desigator, I promise you desigators everywhere.
Speaker 2: Mistures are very hard to get about him. She's gone so many Florida man, so many alligators. Surely there's a Florida man who's normal.
Speaker 5: Oh, missy, I am captain silky silver.
Speaker 3: Tips cool, and you're uh pirate.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm a pirate most of the day. When I'm not, I'm a landscaper.
Speaker 2: How could a landscaper pirate possibly have done?
Speaker 9: A man dressed as a pirate is accused of shooting his gun on the seven Mile Bridge in South Florida.
Speaker 5: So I took out my flintlocks. Oh to shoot at the sun. Now, mind you, there was no projective that you know, simply gunpowder. Right, put it away.
Speaker 3: Why do you defend what you did?
Speaker 5: Well, I defend my Second Amendment.
Speaker 2: Right, Your Second Amendment right to shoot a gun into the sun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: How exactly did you become a Florida man?
Speaker 5: To become a Florida man, you must first be a Florida boy and experience to life that it gives you as a boy, to hone your skills to be, in my case, a Florida pirate man.
Speaker 3: Have you always been a Florida man? Ah?
Speaker 5: No. Originally I hailed from Chicago, your transplant I was then, But since then I've lived my entire life here in the Keys.
Speaker 2: What do you think is behind every Florida man?
Speaker 5: Must be the water that we're drinking down here to drive us.
Speaker 2: To what we do.
Speaker 3: It's a water conspiracy.
Speaker 5: And women women, yeah, data, ones that drive you crazy.
Speaker 2: And while I was running away from these unusual men, I was heading towards some new ideas. There had to be.
Speaker 3: A common thread.
Speaker 2: What was I missing? There was something different about this state. So many Florida man's stories filling the news. Did Florida reporters know something I didn't? I went to an undisclosed Orange grove to meet a very casually dressed journalist to find out, what can you tell me about these Florida man stories. I mean, I had my own research, but sure you just give me yours just to compare notes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean they are true. People do weird things here in Florida, and it gets into the news the Buchhet.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: A major factor is that we went from being the least populated southern state in nineteen forty to now being the third most populous state in the country.
Speaker 2: We got to this nerd knew a lot about Florida, and while he mostly rambled, I was connecting the dots.
Speaker 6: Built tons of homes everywhere where there used to be just wilderness.
Speaker 9: Does a lake desigator?
Speaker 6: You can get just about any kind of weapon you want. Here is forty ninth among the states, and funding from mental health treatments mental health issues. Another big factor is Florida was the first state in the nation to pass this landmark law called the Sunshine Act that says that basically any government document is available for reporters to go in and see police reports, for instance, are all open for inspection.
Speaker 2: And that's when it hit me. The missing piece.
Speaker 6: Of the puzzle by a guy named Emory riches Up.
Speaker 3: That's it, what's it? It's the Sunshine Act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not what causes Florida Man. It's why we hear about Florida Man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: I just figured it out all by myself.
Speaker 3: I'm a genius.
Speaker 2: Florida Man has been the butt of countless jokes. But maybe that's not fair. Well, this guy was pretty weird. The Sunshine Act makes it easier to discover Florida Man's stories.
Speaker 1: But I was just.
Speaker 2: Scratching the surface. We may not hear about them as much, but it turns out there are Florida Men in every state.
Speaker 5: To shoot the dogs, shoots its owner, maybe at the emoji.
Speaker 2: And while Florida will always be aware of his putre dash of batshit behavior, the truth is there's a little Florida Man in all of us. My guest tonight is an Emmy nominated actor whose new Apple TV Plus show is called Frog and Toad. Please welcome Evet Nicole.
Speaker 3: Brown, who Yes.
Speaker 8: I've prot got need to do that. That video of Paul redging. Look at us, Look at us? Would you ever thought look at us?
Speaker 2: You evet, you have this incredible quality of walking into a room and just lighting the place.
Speaker 3: You do you really do?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: You met so much war enjoy. What is your secret? Is it not reading the news? If it pills edibles? Did I get in on them?
Speaker 3: It is legally in California, you know what.
Speaker 8: I'm determined to not let what's happening in the world destroy me, and I don't want to be the problem. So I'm trying to always come in and make things a little bit better because it's tough out there.
Speaker 3: Y'all know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we know, we know.
Speaker 3: They know well that.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's kind of what your show is about. I mean, Frog and Toad is all about celebrating each other's differences, which feels like something that's very needed right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, we're in a tough time as a nation. I think and listen, you guys. If you follow me on Twitter, I'm no longer verified, but it's me.
Speaker 2: And if you don't, you should because she's fantastic.
Speaker 8: But I like to throw elbows and I think it's important when you have a platform to use it for good, and so it's important to remind people that it's okay to be different, just like Frog and Toad said, but you don't have to be a jerk about it.
Speaker 3: So I'm saying people on that.
Speaker 2: So you're saying that there's there's a possibility that the isn't just for children.
Speaker 8: Oh, absolutely, it's it's this is what I love about Apple TV plus in general. I do another show on there called Shape Island. They have the shows that are animated that look like they're just for kids, and they will work perfectly for the children, but there's always like a little tidbit of something good to remind you that this is something you can learn from too. So Frogin told us like that, and who's who's old like me? And hear anybody read the books when they were babies. Yeah, and so this is this was a book series that taught me how to read. It was one of the book series that I read when I was a kid. It taught me how to read. And so it's good for that. And I know it may be banned somewhere because.
Speaker 3: It's too fair. It's just crazy, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But it's an important it's an important story about understanding that differences make us special, not that they don't have to pull us apart.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a very good series for grown men to watch about helping maybe healthy grown white men. Republican Maybe right, I'm watching healthy male relationships.
Speaker 3: Shift doesn't have to be anger and gunplay. No, not always. There's ways. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My son is seven years old and he is a huge fan of the book series. It's one of the first books that he actually read. He asked, he wrote a question that he would like.
Speaker 3: Yes, he would like to see. He has a question about Frog and Toad. Uh, Frog and Toad, gay, he asked, He asked it listen.
Speaker 8: Perhaps it was a different time when Arnold Lobel wrote these books, and we found out later that it was his way of working through some things that he was trying to figure out where the world said he couldn't be who he wanted to be. He wrote Frog and Toad so he could experience and show love in a way that he couldn't in real life. And so it works as a friendship and it also works as a tender love story with amphibians.
Speaker 3: It works. But that's way to the viewers. You here what you need? Yeah, He's what you need on the room for it all. Do you want to tell everybody how we know each other? Oh, we do know each other. We worked together.
Speaker 2: Several years ago, before the baby, before the baby, eight seven or eight years ago, a whole other life. We worked together in a show called The Odd Couple rebooted, not the original. We're not that, We're not that guy, theo the reboot. And you were so funny on the show.
Speaker 3: This is your moment. You were so funny on the show. I had like five lines.
Speaker 2: That I played in Tecto Mania really tracks.
Speaker 8: A lot of people have five lines, but they don't shine the way you shine. And then you went right from that and you came to The Daily Show and you've been amazing And I'm so happy that I get to be here with you and get to celebrate this, this new moment for you on this show. You are so genius and I adore you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say I'm gonna say something about you working on that project. You know, if that was a series regular on this show. And when you walk in as a guest star, you don't know anybody, you don't know where to put your hands, you don't know where to eat lunch, and you took me under your wing.
Speaker 3: You introduced me to everybody.
Speaker 2: You made sure that I had someone to sit and eat with, and I will never forget that.
Speaker 3: Well goodness, it was my pleasure. And this is the thing. When you come on a show, it's your home.
Speaker 8: Someone is coming into your house, and you wouldn't let someone in your house telling them what the bathroom is and where to eat. You did the same thing for me when I came here. She came to my little dressing room. It said to need anything. She got me some double stick tape so I don't come out this shirt.
Speaker 3: It was my pleasure. Baby.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that you are not just on Frog and Toad. You're in everything. But you're also in one of my new favorite shows called Act Your Age.
Speaker 3: Act Your Age.
Speaker 8: You guys, seen you You gotta see it.
Speaker 3: It is today. I see there's a couple of you over there. You need to watch this show. Okay, listen, guys.
Speaker 8: It is if anybody heard of the Golden Girls, Okay, and young people, don't don't do that now.
Speaker 3: Golden Girl's a great show.
Speaker 8: Our show is called Act Your Age and it is literally like a golden Brown girl. So imagine women of a certain age were.
Speaker 3: A little more meling it.
Speaker 8: But it's not just for us, you guys, it's for everybody, men, women, old, young. When I was twelve, watching The Golden Girls just told my age. I wasn't a retiree from Florida, a white retiree, but I still saw the humanity in those women. And you'll find the same thing if you turn to Bounce TV and watch act your age.
Speaker 3: It is so funny. It's you, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Sue Campbell, Kim Whitley. All three of you are leads on the show. You have great storylines. It is so funny, and they're your friends, rights in your life.
Speaker 8: And you guys, you guys watched Martin, You've seen My Wife and Kids. That's Tsha's show. And Kim, as a comedian, has been on everything. This is the first time we got to lead a show because we're always black. Actresses are always like the meter maid, the best friend, the office assistant. And this time it's our stories and we're driving every episode and it's been an amazing experience and.
Speaker 2: It's the highly rated show on Battle.
Speaker 3: We debut the highest Hire had a lot everything as right now.
Speaker 8: We took a little break because it apparently something called the NBA and people are playing games or something.
Speaker 3: But you've never heard of it. I don't want to, but I don't do it. That don't like football either. Work. Yeah, I don't know what that is football. But it'll be back.
Speaker 8: We'll be back in June and we'll have nine more new episodes. You have time to catch up, you guys. Bounce TV. Please watch us.
Speaker 2: I am I have to ask you yes to watch it. I got to ask you a political question. You are very outspoken. You're an outspoken Democrat. You supported Biden. Biden just announced. Are you booking hotel rooms in New Hampshire?
Speaker 8: This is what I want to say about the situation. We have a great president who has done a lot for us. If we had the Senate and the House, he could have done even more. So what you need to do right now, instead of worrying about should he be running wisely running? Just get people registered and vote for as many Democrats as you can. You guys, this is listen. We've already lost the right to choose. We can't read books. Libraries are being defunded. They are doing a lot of really crazy things to make life hard for all of us. And if you remember this, the infrastructure bill that Biden passed, all of them voted against it. And every time they need a bridge or something in their city, they're taking the money. So understand that they say one thing and they do another.
Speaker 3: Biden's our guys, stay behind and let's go. When are you running for? It's fun night? Vote notice is so funny day.
Speaker 8: Do you know I used to think that you had to be really smart to be president. Well, yeah, I used to really feel like it's I wasn't worthy of it. These I grew up Jimmy Carter was my first president, so I grew up under that level of decency and kindness, and so the idea that someone like Donald Trump could become president just oh So I would never say never, because I now know that we need decency in there more than we need maybe the smartest person. But it kind of be great if you could do both. And I think I got a little bit of that. But I'm not saying I wouldever.
Speaker 2: Okay, but if you decide to, you'll come back on that early.
Speaker 8: I would come and announce it here. Absolutely yes.
Speaker 4: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Fairmount Plucks. This has been a Comedy Central podcast now