Speaker 1: Obviously a pretty new Z day. As far as what's going on with the quarterback position, as when the team leaders, what's kind of been your your take on it and kind of gauge the temperature of the locker room right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I don't know much about the situation, Like complete honesty. I came out to practice. I saw there's only three quarterbacks out there. Tray's not out there, so I mean, I'm trying to ask around what's going on. There's not a clear answer right now. Obviously, love Trey. I don't know what's going on with them right now or what's what's gonna be next. But yeah, we just gotta keep preparing, get ready, we have game on Friday, keep preparing towards Pittsburg. Getting better. But with the Q stuff, I'm not I'm honestly not even sure what exactly is going on.
Speaker 3: So life in the NFL you kind of focus on next day preparation and don't concern yourself with your teammates and that that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, there's so much that goes on behind the scenes that you honestly don't even know about it. Obviously, there's a football part of it. There's a business part of it. There's things that you can't control and that you can control. My my biggest thing is always controlling the controllables. Uh, doing what I can to be the best player, best teammate, best leader I can for our team. So we just got to control we can control. At this point, what were the unclear answers? You've got to be honest, I don't really even know. It's honestly just like a cloud right now. I'm not even sure. Like it was just weird seeing three guys out there. I didn't know which trade was so and it was not like it was kind of It wasn't something that would have to be addressed. It was another workday to go out there and get better. And I know they'll handle that however they need to handle it.
Speaker 4: What have you seen from from Sham going up against Tam this summer? Have you seen progress in the in the practices?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sam's looked good. I've really liked how he's progressed. I think obviously being a veteran at the position, the arm talent isn't is insane, you know. See that was the reason why he was drafted as as he was back when me and him both came out in eighteen. But I think he's I think he's looked good. I think he's continued to get better every day.
Speaker 3: On the arm talent part, I mean just.
Speaker 2: Being able to make like some crazy looking throws. You know, like some guys can just flick the football with these, and he's one of those guys. You know, he's always I think his biggest thing is always trying to make sure he's improving on his decision making and getting the ball where it needs to be protecting the football. But I mean he can make every throw in the book.
Speaker 4: You consider yourself a leader out there in terms of setting tempo and such. Have you seen the kind of tempo, professionalism, everything you want to see out of this camp from beginning to now.
Speaker 2: Just as as a team, Yeah, yeah, I like it. I love exactly where we are right now. I think we just got to keep building to be the best team we can for Week one Pittsburgh, making sure we have the best fifty three obviously the best practice aquad we can get. I think we've grown up a team, you know, going into that pre that second pre or that first preseason game against the Raiders, you know, I think that was a good little kind of check for us, a little gut check to see where we were at and grow from it. I like how we competed last week in that preseason game, and we're just gonna keep climbing, keep going.
Speaker 1: A lot o the.
Speaker 4: Coaches players have talked about, like looking back at last.
Speaker 3: Year, Purty's fearlessness like at Deebo City, saw like the second preseason gave me Houston.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: Before.
Speaker 4: But I mean, did that stand out that he was given his situation and didn't.
Speaker 3: Look uh like a you know, mister relevant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I I've spoken on it. You guys know how I feel about Party and what I saw from him early on. Did I think that he was gonna become the player that he did throughout the p like the po uh end of the season in postseason last year. No, I don't think anybody could have seen that coming. You know, the poison, the the ability to to play the position the way he did, and so for him, it's just about stacking it, you know, overcoming this injury that he had to rehab and go through and being a you know, continuing to just grow. He's obviously super young and I I love the w his demeanor out there, the way that he prepares and goes about his craft. So this guy's a limit.
Speaker 3: Pray yesterday yesterday and practice you and you and Mason got into it a little bit, and then Demo and Mason got into it. Do you look at yourself as kind of the emotional tone setter of that defense at and do you have a certain standard that you want to see the rest of the defense play too, Yeah.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. You know it's laden camp. I want like it's it was. I knew what type of day was gonna be going into yesterday, high day, high reps, full pads on for who knows how many days that we've been having passed on throughout camp. So you know, I just wanted to kind of get guy's minds right for the type of day that we were gonna have nothing against Mason at all. It's just you know, me trying to set the tone for the practice and uh, everybody getting each other better. Obviously, Like you said, we do have a standard on defense that we need to upkeep and we just gotta keep working right. Thank you guy,