Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs. This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor set De Montree More and new He Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Players Lounge.
Speaker 3: It is that time on a Tuesday. Everybody, welcome in here the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters, Inc.
Speaker 4: Podcast Studio Anthony NFL.
Speaker 3: Player in the House, Player in House Berry.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Scrugs, I ain't playing lead. I'm okay with that. You didn't get blessed with the town to play fine, he.
Speaker 5: Got blessed with the Emmys multii, not one, not twice, A few of them double digits.
Speaker 6: I got hit.
Speaker 3: I got hitting the side of the John High School one time.
Speaker 2: Woke up next one.
Speaker 3: Couldn't my cap crunching man, This ain't put.
Speaker 2: On real quick. You said, I'm running my I do that.
Speaker 3: One Actually an app state man went to go see the was I was at a debate camp. I walked over to the football office. I said, Hey, how tall? I told your mom? And dad said Mom five foot dad five five A look at me? So you about done that that black folks do just kind of looked at you. Great for you, it must have reaction heard you know that I might want to go back over there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, take the brother, I want to go do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hit with I was waiting for my paperboards to sign up.
Speaker 3: Think that this is the thing that I hated about. That dude who played with me on the offensive line.
Speaker 2: He ended up going to app and started, really, wow, they're playing so.
Speaker 6: You can't just see it. Ain't just see what.
Speaker 7: They're gonna They're gonna figure out a way to weed you out some.
Speaker 5: I bet they wish they had you on the squad now. That way they can brag about that. Tell you what, no credit for none of.
Speaker 3: The college football. I tell people all day long.
Speaker 2: Man, that's job.
Speaker 5: Job.
Speaker 2: You're not getting no.
Speaker 3: Scholarship, no preferred walk on the first.
Speaker 2: Off, what is preferred? Never what you preferred?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 2: What that means?
Speaker 4: You're right a different You would get some shoes and some gloves and everybody else.
Speaker 5: You don't get no food, none of that. Like, oh man, hey you came here as a preferred guy. He said, yeah, I'm a great shirt. I'm like they got you. That's like they hit you with the eye. You were good enough, just not good.
Speaker 9: At cats walking on though, like I understand you want to continue. And it happens every once in the blue moon you get the Baker Mayfields, they walk on and they become, you know, stars.
Speaker 7: But Kerry Glenn was walking.
Speaker 5: Like I'm at least said, I'm gonna say, I have a new appreciation. And then so what ours the twelfth Man? Was that you to earn that title, that was the biggest accolade you can get, you had to be a preferred walk on it. Most of our preferred walk ons, like they were really good, Like these are guys that came out the cord all this and that, or there were some guys that actually had the money and was like, nah, I don't need the scholarship, give it to somebody else. Louis Swape was one of those guys. Ryan Swope's younger brother came on, was good. And so when I said, I have a new appreciation for him, like he said, it's like having a job. You know what we gotta do. We gotta lift weights, we gotta go to study hall, and you got to go to class. And on top of that, you're not getting none of the money that we get, like scholarship money.
Speaker 2: You're not getting your food paid for.
Speaker 5: Cause, guys, if y'all don't know, when you're in college, after practice is over with, you got somebody handing you a shape, handing you some snacks and stuff like that, and they tell you go over there and the lunch line, those preferred walk ons will look at you and be like, I gotta go eat over here, Or if you were cool with somebody on scholarship, they'll make he'll played and slide it over to you and be like, bro, you're a dog like you work too hard.
Speaker 2: This is the least you can do. That's why I never understood it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, so let's go ahead. This is it is Cowboys offensive flot.
Speaker 2: Oh don't do that.
Speaker 3: Don't here come the Green Bay Packers and Tyler Bookers first round draft pick. We haven't heard his name a whole lot, which.
Speaker 6: Means that's a good thing. That's a good thing for sure.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got a high ankle spring, so start center Cooper. BB's already out to brock Hoffman played well, So brock Hoffin is your starting center now. But he was your first backup guard. So now Booker's out, So this means TJ.
Speaker 2: Bass.
Speaker 3: So you're now talking about a left tackle position of Tyler Geyiton left guard Tyler Smith, brock Hoffman your backup. Now you're starting center, TJ. Bass your backup guarding guard. And then you're gonna have uh Terrence Steeles your right tackles.
Speaker 6: The roller coaster.
Speaker 2: So here's now.
Speaker 3: I think that was another great another great challenge, and another offensive line juggling act.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: It's already gonna be tough because it's the Packers, who, by the way, lost a gun against Cleveland Sunday night football. And you're juggling your offensive lineup right here. A CD Lamby's out with it.
Speaker 5: Everywhere right now, and when you get an ankle spring, you get an angle spray.
Speaker 9: When you look at this Green Bay defense man, they've been playing outstanding all season. I know they lost last week to the Browns, but if you watch that game, they had nothing.
Speaker 2: To do with the defense, you know they're nothing to do.
Speaker 9: The only reason they scored was because old Boy through the interception that got him down to the four yard line. But this defense is remarkable, especially in that front seven. I mean Rashaun Gary Parson's I mean, and you if you watch it, they're starting to move this man around.
Speaker 2: He's not just on the edge.
Speaker 9: He's lining them at the second level, going over the guard, going over the center. So all those guys are gonna get a piece of Parsons this week.
Speaker 2: Bass Yeah, yeah, Poffman guiding. Don't forget about that starting middle linebacker over there. He went the school list. Mister Cooper, he bothered. They got a great secondary. I mean, it's it's.
Speaker 9: Gonna be it's gonna be a tough task. It's gonna be a tough task.
Speaker 3: Trouble trouble, It's tough.
Speaker 5: And what's crazy is I really hope, I really hope that this this is this substitution offensive line can do what they did during the preseason.
Speaker 2: We didn't give them. We didn't give them enough credit.
Speaker 5: Nobody hold up before before Booker team, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: If y'all let me finish my statement and stop being rude, it's just like going, let's get it going anyway, y'all y'all can't let it go.
Speaker 5: Did we all not sit here and say, okay, Booker the Jalen Carter Killer. We all had knocks on them and we all laughed. Tyler Goddon, we wouldn't. We didn't believe in this offensive line. We said this was going to be the weakest part of the offense. And throughout this whole tenure, they've been the most reliable, the most sturdy, and I'm saying proving us wrong.
Speaker 2: And that's why I say to us, well, I.
Speaker 10: Tell you, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, But me me, I know, I said this was going to be the weakest point and they've been one of the strongest points.
Speaker 5: And so with brock Hoffman having that experience last year, he had to play like it's not like you're just throwing a rookie out there in the mix, Like I'm gonna be optimistic and hope that they can get hope.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is this, you know, hope, Like timing is everything, and unfortunately this is just you know, in any week in the NFL is gonna be a bad week for you to have injuries.
Speaker 6: But this week, y'all laughing.
Speaker 2: A little.
Speaker 4: We already know like Green Bay is actually playing good football, so they're gonna be motivated to come in here and just to put it down anyway, because that's just what they're doing. But then on top of that the motivation and like I don't even know why they are talking about, you know, like, what's the big deal, We're not going to do anything.
Speaker 2: Cool for my tri trivia? We got different opinions.
Speaker 4: They didn't have to and then they didn't have to say that they wasn't gonna do it either, like they just could could have.
Speaker 6: Was he was?
Speaker 2: He asked?
Speaker 7: Asked?
Speaker 6: Okay, but like but like to.
Speaker 4: Avoid putting him in any type of extra feelings, you didn't have to say nothing about it to begin with, if he wasn't gonna do it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But so basically you said they put a little bulletin board and gave a little celerant.
Speaker 2: I was nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: He didn't need it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I don't think long enough, Chris. What's what's the status real for you?
Speaker 2: Chris?
Speaker 3: What bro' bring boys to man out here?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, that's the first round pick's looking at that? Not looking at no, I'm with a D on this and look at the numbers. As a player, I'm gonna feel some type of way as an organization and me being who I am, if I'm the big dog no, boy, you made it leaving out of it. I'm I don't want to know how good of an X you are.
Speaker 2: I'm not going love. I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Talking about all the division banners you want.
Speaker 2: He ain't really But then, but then, can you tell me what what are we doing? Where is he?
Speaker 5: Uh a d didn't ask you a question to see being any other time you be right here ready to chime in.
Speaker 2: Why haven't you chimed in yet? What is the status? But what are the stats? Where?
Speaker 5: Where is career sax wise in the organization? Like is he not topping these categories?
Speaker 3: This is an organization that won't put Harvey Martin's number on the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 2: This man was a super Bowl and they put it. We just say put him in.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying this is an organization. We go down a whole list of like why are we doing it?
Speaker 2: Ay? Do you talk about man? They giving me daddy's jersey? Way?
Speaker 11: They do some stuff around here like hey many me, I'm done with you, trade me and we're gonna give you a tribute video.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 7: But my point with all that wasn't so that he deserved it.
Speaker 4: It was just a simple fact that like if you ain't gonna do it, don't even say nothing about it, like and if it's and if if it's anybody being petty or tiki TACKI or like they used to say, Jordan would look for the smallest thing to get geeked up to play you about.
Speaker 2: What Grandma say. If he ain't got nothing, an't.
Speaker 4: Pull my chair out when I walked through there, or like something stupid.
Speaker 3: But he already come with dad, right, you know, at this point, it don't matter what else this man coming with the hot fire. He just see t he didn't tell he already tells me. Hey man, I'm gonna go on t J. Mass I'm running through Brock. I mean he's gonna go out here taking I mean it's gonna be It's like when Dion went back supposed to the house. I mean, we already know he's bringing the heat, that's what you're saying. And they're gonna help bring this when Luca came back. Luca came back dropping the pamauca.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the same thing, the NBA said, like it be.
Speaker 7: Helping cats out when they come home.
Speaker 2: Sometimes if you're looking for his his career sacked numbers he only has fifty two, which oh, which is fifty two and a half is his career.
Speaker 4: How many times proluk Luka won the West?
Speaker 2: Got to.
Speaker 7: How many times? How many times is mikeel been all Pro three?
Speaker 2: Right? At least twice? At least twice. You're not gonna, You're not gonna.
Speaker 7: But he's in his fourth year.
Speaker 2: You got yeah, no, no, no tribute video. No, I'm syn out.
Speaker 7: He don't deserve that tribute video. But like three time.
Speaker 2: Off, I don't think I don't.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I don't think he does if I'm the owner, but also as a player.
Speaker 2: Like me, like I just got paid. I went to that organization like I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna be hot, Like if what he said, I gotta go make an enemy with myself and that in that phone boo. But we know that, oh yeah, so that he's gonna be But I guess that's what I'm saying. I agree with a d what he was like, don't give him that extra fire, like hey, Jared, we already gotta we gotta, we gotta asked.
Speaker 3: He was asked the question, I be the equipped somebody else he was he was this man was already mad. You already heard that man Dallas is gonna be home. This dude was already coming with hot fire.
Speaker 11: He already cold hot fire here.
Speaker 2: Man, at this point, ain't you know what?
Speaker 3: Ain't nothing you was gonna do. This man stepping off the beat, stepping off the bus, off the plane.
Speaker 9: He's gonna be like Rainbow out here with those and narrows and shooting and everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's gonna be bad for the offensive line.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Man got injuries.
Speaker 3: Jerry could have rolled out and brought the man roses.
Speaker 5: It might have sold. It might he might have set the cool aid. He might have been like, this is good.
Speaker 3: This man is high.
Speaker 6: He thought he was gonna treatment come back.
Speaker 3: That was another one too.
Speaker 6: I like, wow, I was so proud of that one.
Speaker 3: I mean, when Romo came back, he was broadcasting thank you, telling you what we're doing. I'm just I'm just like, man, I don't get no tribute a tribute video. I just tell you about I grew in the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: One something.
Speaker 3: Now we got we out here one throw flowers and people for the almost they did.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna celebrate this wild card.
Speaker 2: The card he wasn't the November. There was nobody better than November. So close I got almost doesn't.
Speaker 3: Mean that's that's the problem around here. That's the problem with this whole town. People sitting around here celebrating almost and could have wood us And no, there's people here who want hung banners.
Speaker 2: Okay, you I mean that's still isn't in there.
Speaker 3: No, I've covered the Lakers, I've covered Cowboys. Man, they would tell you, man, we hang world championship banners around here. We sell you can sell it. You get a video, you done did something, you didn't hung something, you go.
Speaker 6: On talking about.
Speaker 3: Man, we was a part of that wild Card tegro what.
Speaker 2: Cool man, Thanks for helping me. That's the Cowboys. The new is cooking.
Speaker 3: Hey man, man, you got your you got your bag, Come on here, wreck shop, do your thing. Hey, I picked Green Baby go super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: If it's a good team and they got Brandon, they got they got Josh Jacobs being about to run it down here be trouble.
Speaker 5: My question is is it going to be a coming out party for this rookie, because last last week.
Speaker 2: You had a young guy come out. We gotta get a breaking break.
Speaker 3: Marcus Golden I'm who who trade trade trading got me going? He wants back man man a tribute video I tried to do.
Speaker 2: They're gonna retire at eleven.
Speaker 6: That's what the boy.
Speaker 2: I'm just. I'm just eleventh. I promise you I'm not coming to work because I know.
Speaker 6: Is gonna a d is gonna love by.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be right there. Dang, they just gave out thirty.
Speaker 6: That's great, that's great.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 7: The second question, every ye'll.
Speaker 6: Be We'll be back three three babies answer?
Speaker 12: Hey, their Cowboys nation h Io yeomans here. Sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the.
Speaker 12: Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 13: Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 14: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration, The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 1: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Celebrate October Fest at Rally Days presented by Sea Geek on Saturday, September twenty seven from ten to five pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, plus enjoy festivities, game, German inspired food, beer and the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Steon and more.
Speaker 5: Visit at and T Stadium dot com Slash Rally Days for tickets and more information.
Speaker 3: Hold on, play a cowboy?
Speaker 2: What ston.
Speaker 5: Don't matter? Hey, that's the line moment, don't wear it? But what German word? It was a German word to add the improvise.
Speaker 6: I didn't even know exactly.
Speaker 2: I know exactly.
Speaker 3: Called the sin you put your beard.
Speaker 5: I don't know about stein, I know about selling spelling right quick?
Speaker 15: That's t e I n okay?
Speaker 16: You want to hold if you want to forget you, forget your new get you, forget you what they said, forget you with the forget you with the Herder.
Speaker 5: And then these two guys y'all supposed to have my back are the players. I know because y'all didn't even catch it. Last last show, I did the same exact thing and went over it. Nobody said anything as soon as mister Amy.
Speaker 7: Back here, like we actually ran actually both time.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't do that. Now, he looked at he knew. I get on. I'm from the Whome last show.
Speaker 5: This is about my second time I've been guys, I got it wrong. I'm not read it wrong. I'm not German Street. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's everything else ready, I don't get ready to be like. That's why I was like, I really caught it.
Speaker 5: Once I heard the hold all that way, everybody, we might as well give New Jersey the way he's catching everything out here. He's doing better job than our receivers. But he put up all my bad signed them up.
Speaker 3: Looks like I love when the cap is read. I mean like I'm a new I'm back in school when when the basketball coaches everybody reading the Earth time books reading time.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do a round.
Speaker 5: Everybody gonna get everybody gonna get to read, and we're gonna see how this work out.
Speaker 2: We can do that, Bro, I still think I'm pretty good. I'm pretty good. I just like you woke up with it. I'm like you.
Speaker 11: I like how you make up words all day. Welcome to the player.
Speaker 2: Because we top ring. This is hot. They hate us because they ain't us a lot aristocrat gaming.
Speaker 3: So question was asked about topics is the is the seat hot? Defensive coordinator Matt eberflu I'm gonna jump on it right away. I'll let you guys go to it. How is any defensive coordinator's really come up with a game playing with the owner? Go sit up here and say, hey, man, you ain't got Michael Parsons in this week before the season, Go that that wasn't good. If you were going to get rid of Michael Parsons, then they playing should have been done in the spring to try to maximize value and get the best deal possible. But to sit around here and say, hey he's gone, here's Kenny Clark at this point in time. We spent all off season trying to say Mazie something something around here put it all on.
Speaker 2: That's just me, That's just me.
Speaker 4: Hey, So don't you think so this is his first year right here, back back here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Knowing he was a head coach, you know, and every high everything went down and everything.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that part of the reason he took the job here was we already know, was the civil fact that he was going to have Michael Parsons to play with, to coach, to be a part and to build a defense around that too as well.
Speaker 7: So, uh, is he is he is?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 7: Is he upset? Or is he feeling some kind of way? I know every day he come up in here, he.
Speaker 4: Looking at Jerry like I just want to say something so bad. Let me just go ahead and work with what I got right now, try to make the best out of it. And that's literally what he's going to have to try to do, you know what I mean. And so I don't know how we you know, with the signing Dave and Clowney, we're hoping that like there's a spark that comes from that some kind of way or just a simple fact that you know, like, you know, whatever it has to do to get the guys that come around each other and start playing a little bit harder.
Speaker 7: But it's yeah, it's it's it's bad business going on.
Speaker 2: So you don't think you should be out of hot seat.
Speaker 3: Nah, that's two two of us hot seat.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. I'm with y'all three.
Speaker 9: When you talk about he came in here with, you know, the thoughts that he's gonna have a generational guy that's gonna be able to go after it and get after the quarterback no matter what goes on anywhere else.
Speaker 2: What you call it, eraser, We're gonna have that eraser.
Speaker 7: So I'm with you on that.
Speaker 2: The only reason I say it could be slightly warm.
Speaker 9: I'm not saying it's toasty or nothing like that, but it's a warm summer day is because even with all that, there's still so many busts in the secondary. There's so many guys in the secondary where my receivers just running scott free like guys, they just looking used out there.
Speaker 2: There's no communication going on.
Speaker 9: And I don't know if that's entirely on eber Flues, because his system is simple, it's easy, it's super easy, and but for whatever reason, these guys in the secondary, they're not they're not communicating, they're not buying into what he's putting out there. And that's the only reason I say it could be slightly more. I could see if there was you know, there was no pass trust issue, and the dbs were out there, you know, making contested catches. They were still making plays. But there's just bus I mean, we saw in that Chicago game. He's not he's not, but he got that umbrella that he's a defensive coordinator. So he got it's all in his umbrella. And I'm just sitting there looking at these these touchdowns and I'm looking at and I'm like, you know, there's receivers ten yards within the nearest defensive back, and that's that's slightly concerning to me. Now, like we said, he thought he's gonna have that eraser in there, and those problems probably wouldn't exist if you had a Parsons, But there's just.
Speaker 6: Too much confusion going on in that back end for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it was three he see.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you this from personally experience, just sitting there. We all know that Jerry likes his guys. When he likes his guys, you're gonna sit there there's been coaches we've all looked and said they should have.
Speaker 2: Been out of here, and why would they not be out of here?
Speaker 5: When Ibra Fluz was here his first time, he was well like young, upcoming hens the reason why he got the head coaching job coming back here. Yeah, he thought he had this, but we all know that Jerry keeps his guys. And then on top of that, this is this is not his team, Like for somebody that's well liked, this is not an escapegot You're not just gonna put him out there. You're gonna sit there and say, hey, we know what we did to you, like we gotta give you some type of toolage. And so with him being the coach that he is, having the lineage that he's had here, like you can't blame him for anything all he's doing and they're going to play connect the dot.
Speaker 2: He makes the scheme.
Speaker 5: Everybody knows that the scheme is so simple because it's made for you to play fast. So with this being said, I think the hot seat is not even a conversation right now. The conversation is getting the players in here that are capable playing fast and making plays and that are smart enough to do it because they're not communicating.
Speaker 3: Let me piggyback off what you said. I won't say the player's name, but I had an off conversation and I said three defensive coordinators three years. It was four defensive coordinators and six years or whatever. Go back to when when Nolan was here for one year and it was and I said, are you thinking too much? And this was a player who have played in defensive scheme in college, same scheme. He said, yes, you said all of it. Yes, guys are here in CA and just you know, we're just not We're not there. And I remember Zimmer's first few games here last year they were off and then he said, okay, I was trying to mix a little bit of old what I wanted to do. And I do think there's an issue where you've had three differentive coordinator, three defensive coordinators who have three different types of players they want to use. Zim was all about big do up front.
Speaker 2: Q was not.
Speaker 3: And so it's like we talked about we were doing the show last year. It said, church Man, you're not giving the carpenter the tools that he needs to do what he does. And while you want to say the era flus man, this is what you got go play with This easy for me to say, I've never done this for a living, but I do think when you you keep making all these changes, there's problems and some wrong the way. Dudes aren't getting it and you both are talked about, hey, this is a simple scheme for DB's years.
Speaker 2: Well apparently it ain't that stupid.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean to say sometimes spade.
Speaker 3: Because it's dumb, because the dumb.
Speaker 5: But all I'm gonna do all I'm gonna do right now, I'm gonna go ask security to go check that metal dude.
Speaker 3: We're sit in the press box because you know, you see it all high.
Speaker 2: You're like running free out there running stop stopped it awful, Please help him?
Speaker 3: But really man, and so he's telling man, were thinking too much. So so somewhere along the way, man, things have got to get fitted.
Speaker 5: Did he I want to know, did he say that about this scheme? He said, they're still thinking too much. Reference.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's talking about what they're doing now.
Speaker 5: And and and that's where you would know the player better. But it's like, are we talking to somebody that has a good football? I Q because like you said, we played in Ebra fu simple and for me, I can talk about it as a defensive lineman being able to pick up the coverage, just simple, cover three, cover two. As a d lineman. There's nothing going on up front. But you watched like the flea flicker, and I see bad eyes and then we got we got Russell Russell who benched this week. I see, oh Finny on the now Russell on the bench. There's some serious problems back there. You see what they're doing, the scandrins. But exactly and with that being said, and y'all to speak on it, I see this as a deal woman. It's not like when I think a bad scheme and stuff like that. I think of people not looking at the quarterback running and looking at the receiver or running at the dB and saying oh, pointing and this and that. When we see these big players that are being met, what is happening. We see a guy eyeballing the heck out of the quarterback and staying right here.
Speaker 2: Versus you losing a guy in the zone. So I think that's technique. You say technique, I'm just I mean, yeah, eventually said the.
Speaker 3: Player told me. When I just said off camera, you know, that's what that's what we get you what do you And I'm saying what I said, what is is thinking or said, yes we are.
Speaker 2: We are thinking and.
Speaker 3: Not reacting like football is just being able to And when you've been in the scheme for you've been in.
Speaker 5: The scheme for a while, I'm gonna tell you like that, that's what that is, what and this and this I get that. And with that, Big said, this is why we come to the players. Lond you can you got freshly recent players that have been done that. With that, if this is I'm gonna tell you like this, I'm not gonna be able to say that they're not thinking. I don't know how many the zone lists and adjustments, but typically in the past it hasn't.
Speaker 2: Happened like that.
Speaker 5: But with everything going the way that it is right now, you can't go play in nobody else's defensive system these the way that they do, with the blitzes and adjustment and coverage, the eyes that we're seeing right now, this is the most basic as a coach say, this is the most vanilla. Is gonna get no.
Speaker 4: Vanilla, but they ain't. Another thing is a nothing. And y'all notice like I know this, man, stop making an excuse, thank you, because it don't matter where you go. It's only so many coverages out there, period, So you didn't play something like it something close to it, you didn't like. So like at the end of the day, like, no, man, what we're seeing is bad. We're seeing bad football. Yeah, you know what they're thinking about, the wrong damn thing, not what they're supposed to be on that play. That's what you're That's what you're not thinking about, because like, it doesn't matter if it's a zone dog, it doesn't matter if it's a man. It doesn't matter what it is. When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it, it's one two, three, zero four five. It's the coverage.
Speaker 3: So explain just when you watch the flee flicker, the problem, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, like everybody is And the problem with that is like even when you watch the television copy, everybody's just looking at the line, Like everybody's eyes are in the backfield. And as long as it took for that play to materialize, he runs it was a bad pitch. The ball goes way back in there like and that and that was another thing, Like at some point in time you would think that like as the safety is watching this and what's going on, it's gonna click in somebody's head like what this is?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But it's like, it's like these dudes are playing and they're not playing from a place where they had any sense of resemblance of a play before or have ever been in that situation.
Speaker 7: It's like situational football.
Speaker 5: Here is did y'all do pursue? Y'all did scrambled drill back in the day, right when we did our pursue? And what was the main thing I used to always get tied to the linebacker and secondary coaches that would tell a d lineman keep rushing, and what do they say in the back end?
Speaker 2: Cover stay covered.
Speaker 5: If he ain't, if he ain't crossed this line and this and that, don't you come out of here.
Speaker 2: Don't do somebody else's jobs.
Speaker 9: Just one thing, like you played the safety spot. And I've been a part of these defenses where I don't trust the front seven, like I don't want to get too deep in my depth because I know that running back is gonna split through that line and I'm like, oh, here we go, and I'm gonna have to make this crazy open field tackle and I see a little bit of that in this secondary because you can see when they're supposed to be in.
Speaker 2: A deep part of the field, deep middle, deep half, they're.
Speaker 3: Not getting depth.
Speaker 9: They're kind of slow playing it because they like, if not running back comes through there, there's gonna be a heck of a player I'm gonna have to make out there. And you could just see the non trust factor that they have between each other Russian cover. They don't trust each other right now, and you could tell in the secondary.
Speaker 2: But when you have the non trust way to break here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, I get our final break.
Speaker 2: Superheroes, yep, no CD LAMB got someone talk about.
Speaker 3: Talk about the solution here on the players lands.
Speaker 7: How many weeks?
Speaker 17: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out overhead presses.
Speaker 17: Push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of adage sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kid.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 12: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys Dean casino game developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 18: It's game day and raising kames. If you want to order like a child, It's action off the field. You need to focus on. The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cooked to order chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online are on our app. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here forming Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Savory Davis after they also we know.
Speaker 8: What separates Hamptons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment. The blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking Bowld when it mattered most. Now it's your turn this make your icub with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here. Limited tickets are available now get ready to bring the noise that you watched the Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host NFC rivals Eagles, Giants, Commanders plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings and Yes, mister Call of Duty Cardinals, Yes, Sir. Visit Dallascowboys dot Com slash the tickets r at s geek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: A Christan about yet I wasn't a heck of a riad, Chris, Are we allowed to talk.
Speaker 3: Free agents though?
Speaker 2: Free agents?
Speaker 3: Yes, free just throw anybody on another team. But you talk for they free you can talking about we can't talk about anybody.
Speaker 6: On the releasing c J.
Speaker 2: Cor And and Johnson. They releasing them, I mean.
Speaker 6: Like they just releasing him.
Speaker 3: Many said, help is on the way.
Speaker 2: Helping the back end about I was in the house Johnson in how.
Speaker 4: A church church will come out of retirement?
Speaker 2: Hell in house? What do you say? Are you in the secondary in the past? Do it?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: Go about two three planes for you?
Speaker 2: By the way, with Booker, do you think they'll sign lit Collins? I ain't stop it. Bro.
Speaker 5: You went through the back exit, like did they not put you through the little detector?
Speaker 3: All these shot shoot Bro, the police, he was shooting everybody did make it to the last pre seas.
Speaker 5: Know he didn't know, he didn't know, he didn't. They gave him the honor and the dignity of releasing early.
Speaker 2: Oh my man, man, my man.
Speaker 3: That's what my bad high ankle spring just about three four weeks for him.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 2: You got t J. Bast somebody you act like the other cute dogs friends.
Speaker 5: Man, need some vet help like the other Q dog friends.
Speaker 2: Stop that cleaning. They talking about they need some milk. Y'all gotta he needs some milk.
Speaker 3: Man sentimate question. You just you just laughed at me for asking Jim. Could they call Colins? Do they not need some help?
Speaker 7: Y'all say he was skinny gram Sam Yalla.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 5: Put the name man. He always starts this messing. He sat over there, and.
Speaker 6: So gram Samm Sam Sam Sam.
Speaker 11: Sam Samm looked goods.
Speaker 2: That's why you b y s and I.
Speaker 3: You're looking more for inside help, inside help, seventy seventies outside help, booker inside t J.
Speaker 2: So all right, if let's say Hoffman's.
Speaker 3: Hurt you side, you signed t J Bass over the center because they have bookers that work as the emergency guard. Last week and I was watching the warm up, so booker's out, So you're gonna need somebody if the basket is going need somebody plays some guard. So when they brought Collins back, because he was a little skinnier, they had him working guard. They didn't put him in tackle and said were gonna working the guard. So anyway, I just I just threw that out there.
Speaker 2: It's all I did. Throw that out.
Speaker 6: Couldn't be a possibility.
Speaker 2: Still, speaking of.
Speaker 3: High ankle sprains, Booker has one the first run draft picking right guard Hillman's time Ceede Lamb Jesus s Ceedee Lamb left and when in for a play, came right back out and apparently he was on the scooter according to one report yesterday.
Speaker 9: Here, oh, ain't even a little pressure on that books.
Speaker 2: So George.
Speaker 3: George Pickens trouble Skillets is now first off about to be a free agent.
Speaker 5: This is his house is your money year boy said, you man to go out there and say sorry that.
Speaker 6: What you say.
Speaker 2: In that training room up, you're gonna be out for six weeks. Six weeks if I get seven Touchdownamn, that's cashing. And you the guy because he got turping.
Speaker 9: You know, he's a gadget guy for the moment he took a hit by about yeah to all doue respect, he's just not it.
Speaker 2: So you inferred, man, you gotta go out there and ball man as a guy there there is no other opportunity ready for you. Prime then center a desperate team that is scratched.
Speaker 7: He definitely should be getting with act. They should, I mean he should that.
Speaker 6: Or do you like this route? Do you want me to be at you look this way?
Speaker 2: What you want me to do all that this way? Can we do this right here? Like I need all the adjustments?
Speaker 3: Like they already get along by the way you sit next to each other, the lockers are next to each other.
Speaker 2: Is already they already get along.
Speaker 3: But for people who said that, you know they had a one and a one a here, well it's time for pickings to be to be that one a because ceedee lamb is going to miss time. And as we talked about during the break, it's one thing when CD comes back, But when you come back, how do you feel can you make the cuts?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Do you have support in that ankle? So we don't know that. So this as a free agent man, and I think he's got David Moeletter his agent too. This this is an opportunity to uh really good?
Speaker 2: Is that a good thing or a bad thing? In this case, it's a good thing. Gone.
Speaker 6: I was just saying, that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Already said it. The president he said, he said he'll he'll make another deal with him. I mean, a man that powerful, you're gonna have to keep, you gonna you're gonna have to see. So it didn't work out with this client, doesn't mean work out the other client. And if you're like, if you're Pickings, who's been very happy here. He talks about how he joys being down here. He has a chemistry with Dak Prescott. So so far, so good here. But this is his opportunity to.
Speaker 9: Go to and he needs to learn how Ceede Lamb was able to play slot x Z. Don't just be that outside guy. Be somebody that can move into the slot. Get a mismatch on the linebacker, get a mismatch on the safety out there. That's how you're gonna not up only up your level as far as contracts concerned, but your productivity out there. I mean, if you get mismatches and you don't have to be just an ex receiver outside line up against a corner all day, I mean you could eat that way.
Speaker 2: So he's gonna have to learn, like, let me get in this slot a little bit, the more you can do.
Speaker 15: But like just just.
Speaker 4: That was advocate, like he liked to be like, okay, so check this out. So he's here for one year, he balls out, Yeah, do you give him a bag here?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, Like, structurally, you build this team around two wide receivers having these high end contracts like that, So you're gonna have two receivers making over twenty million, Like, how does a team get better like that?
Speaker 5: You get you give the highest paid quarterback his weapons, especially if you do good, not only I feel like it's gonna take two things.
Speaker 2: It's gonna take him balling out, but it's gonna take him balling out, and I can also get out like that.
Speaker 5: I mean, but if he does though, he balls out and they make it to the playoffs, you're gonna keep him again.
Speaker 4: We talk about him getting over like that, that would be like twelve thirteen hundred yards type.
Speaker 3: So I like what you're saying here is what's what's the number? They have to have a number in mind and and say, hey, this is too much. Because Jerry Jones talked today about with Michael Parson, Hey, I had a contract here. I went as far as I could go. So they know how far they're willing to go when it comes to being a wide receiver. But I'll say this, he's got to do his part right to make them say we've got.
Speaker 6: To do this.
Speaker 3: And when you were here, with Laurent Robinson got that. They's like, hey man, we can't pay this guy, huh, because uh had a great chemistry with Ron Robson made a pro bowl.
Speaker 2: They couldn't afford himself the ball day. So seven times and who somebody got it? Was it dance, They got hurt, somebody got hurt where he got in and he just he took off.
Speaker 6: He was a never played another down again.
Speaker 3: So that's that Dorset great robbed.
Speaker 2: What if you do that makes him say, all right?
Speaker 3: Are you worth twenty? Are you seventy?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: That's his opportunity right now, especially if you can start to do it against some quality teams like the Green Bay Packers. So we'll see it all right. That's the players lines for today.
Speaker 2: Barry Chuck, Yes, sir, can't believe I've been robbing people like that.
Speaker 6: Shock.
Speaker 2: He's dying man. The next one up, he went over to Jacksonville the door set. Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I knew he scrutched for Chrispy and everybody else here down it's just dines if we'll join us to have a posky Later has been
Speaker 12: A production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club