Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legendary queens rapper. He ain't agreed as your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer up as d j E f N.
Speaker 2: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know, me and the most.
Speaker 3: Professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk.
Speaker 1: Chans d is New Year C. That's it's time for drink champions. Drink up mother mother? Would it good be hoping this is your boy in.
Speaker 4: O R E?
Speaker 1: What up is dj E f N.
Speaker 5: It's been a say Casey Ward, Yeah, yeah, well dream champ. Now, very seldomly do I get a chance to see an artist come from you know where they where they coming in the game, to the furthest they they can go.
Speaker 1: This brother right here, I've.
Speaker 5: Seen him in the beginning. I've seen him go to record labels. I've seen him from being a person that the record labels will probably just you know, take a meeting with, to the man being the most important person in this goddamn game. Jay Z said it and made everyone in the industry mad. The only people movements units is juice and us this man has three Grammys, nine bill boards. I don't mean, I don't even want to count his plaques because it's too much. It's beyond beyond beyond. It's beyond beyond, beyond, legend, beyond beyond beyond, movies, beyond beyond beyond. Nigga, this movie with Adams Handler, Nigga, you fucked up, nigga.
Speaker 1: This man is a legend. He's an icon.
Speaker 5: I got to see him, I got to see him grow, I got to see him be the person.
Speaker 1: That he is saying.
Speaker 5: And I'm so happy to give this man his flowers today. In case you don't know what the fun we're talking about. You're talking about the one, the only, the motherfucking impeccable.
Speaker 1: What's going on? I got that, knew the video. Trying to the video. My wife said, you got the bad wrong. I said, he get it, you know what I mean? Yeah, like a, do you realize how iconic that is?
Speaker 5: Like like we all we're all on the group tad to be like yo, we gotta do something special, and we just all wanted to salute and and yeah city and the bill So.
Speaker 1: That's actually as matter of fact down here, Okay, Well it took place in Miami. Yep, it was down here.
Speaker 2: I actually it just got the recording, thank you so much. I just got down her recording a large part of Nellyville, okay, and it's the second or third album on second album, and we were down here hooping and sucking around and ship like it and you know, got whack.
Speaker 1: Won't put the band head on it.
Speaker 2: But then I was about to take the ship off, and I was like, you know what I'm fucking with let me you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We was sucking with City.
Speaker 2: We was going into the coming out of the Free City album. You know, wanted to keep representing, keep showing my little brother some love because he was you know, he was locked down.
Speaker 1: Didn't get a chance to City. Yeah City.
Speaker 2: That's actually he did the rap on ride with me. He wasn't never in the video and they were locked up. So you know, we named the same Luna takeout matter him and all of that ship and just started wrapping the band aid like fucking, I'm my whole cousin down. We're gonna ride this thing out until he get out of the.
Speaker 5: Band aid, represented until he came out, until he came home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, all the way got holy ship.
Speaker 1: You know. You know what's crazy? I heard, but I didn't pay attention.
Speaker 5: So so I didn't pay attention as much as I should rather. So you're saying that that wasn't a style statement, he.
Speaker 1: Said, Yeah, it was him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When we first we was down here hooping because we had rented a house or some ship and we had the studio in the house and down there hooping and.
Speaker 1: Got fucked up. And then I was like, okay, cool boath.
Speaker 2: But we was coming out of the Free City album, a little chick album. I was like, you know what, this might be dope and I don't even lie something.
Speaker 1: Some little chicks soup my head up, like that man ship. Here we are, you know what I'm saying. And we were throwing it up for City, so we kept it rolling.
Speaker 5: It's crazy because I was on tour and I got I cought a cut right here. I don't know if you remember, I could a cut right here, and I had to put a band date on. It was like this motherfucker can't get a cut no more. But let's let's bounce around a little bit, righty. Super Bowl twenty twenty five just happened right, and it's mixed reviews. Me personally, I love to see hip hop on that stage, but I can't ignore what other people are saying, like did you feel because you did super Bowl? And uh, yeah, well we did it. I did it twice. I did it the first time.
Speaker 2: I think it was like oh one, and then yeah we did it the next time.
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 2: But don't nobody really remember us because the nipple came out.
Speaker 1: Ja, yeah we was on that show. It was like me, nah, nah, I mean everybody, you don't know.
Speaker 2: Who was on that motherfucker you know what I'm saying. So, but yeah, we did it. No, Kendrick did Kendrick.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what. I don't know what people were expecting him to do. Like Kendrick is. You know, he's a rapper. He's a rapper. Like he wasn't go two steps, he wasn't going you know.
Speaker 2: I think he did a great job. I think he did a great job. I understood that it is the Super Bowl, so as far as theatrically, some people could be effecting a little more.
Speaker 1: But I think he did a great job. Man.
Speaker 2: I loved it, and he did him you know, And who who I also think should get a lot of credit is whoever put that damn show together because that choreography and all that movement, and simultaneously, whoever did that the behind the scenes, them mofwuckers, they need to raise.
Speaker 5: See because you see, that's something that's very important because it's a lot because we understand that I'm gonna be honest, as high as I've ever gotten in hip hop, I've never got the super Bowl status, so I can't relate to that, like you know what I'm saying, But can you explain to people like how that shit is?
Speaker 1: You got to really rehearse, Yeah, you and that shiit two weeks of rehearsals.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, it's in that actual city that the super Bowl's taking place.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the first.
Speaker 2: Time we did it, we started rehearsals somewhere else. It was like enclosed into a studio and they kind of set a mock stage up just to run it through. And the first time because they really didn't know because I was like the first rapper to get a chance to do any of it, and they had me on that so motherfucking fast, and my heart pound and this ship I'm down to that motherfucker. I'm racing like a motherfucker, Like damn, I'm really at the super Bowl. So you do all that rehearsal. We rehearsal for like eight it's almost like three four hours. Then it moved to like six to eight hours. Then then you might be rehearsing. The closer you get might be like twelve hour fucking rehearsal.
Speaker 1: But you know, you got breaks and.
Speaker 2: Ship in between her, and then yeah, the ship goes so motherfucking fast. So but nah, man, I should have this Bowl twice. Yeah, like I said, the second time it.
Speaker 1: Was it was Yeah, it was puff Me and puff Kid Rock Jessica, Jessica Simpson. I don't know if just Timberlake Simula. Yeah, yeah, he was the he was the coprit.
Speaker 7: Yeah he went unscathed.
Speaker 1: That kind of a lot of people like, wait a minute, she did herself, you know what I'm saying, because I don't remember. So Janny got the slack for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, Janny caught a lot of motherfucker slack for that.
Speaker 8: Which now would have been nothing. And now the way she is, well you have only fans ship.
Speaker 5: So netly, All right, let's let's let's take it from the beginning, right. I always thought like your plot is always was always a little harder than anybody else because one you were like the first rapper coming from Saint Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: Is that correct to a certain degree? Okay, we had we had We had a few.
Speaker 2: People man that that came up, that came up out the lou but didn't get a chance to really get to a h.
Speaker 1: Bull Stars of the lou you're saying, definitely, definitely was.
Speaker 2: We had a bunch of bulletproof records and I'm gonna forget it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna forget a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: At this time because you're on the spot and that's kind of fucked up.
Speaker 1: So see, you know who.
Speaker 2: I know it was like bulletproof records because they were really really close with us, but they were super gangster nigga And that was the thing with Saint Louis. Saint Louis rapp was super gangster, like like did.
Speaker 1: You give me that? Put your kids in the cars, set the fuck up slapping with a pistol that time.
Speaker 2: But in uh agreed, you know, uh, And we was more doing things a little different. So a lot of people kind of looked at us at that time, like, you know, they're doing more party and they're doing more this and more of that. And we was kind of mixing, mixing both of them together.
Speaker 1: But what you don't remember first time and I'm gonna switch, first time I ever met Norri Okay, yeah, let's go. It's like ninety I want to say, it's like ninety eight penalty record.
Speaker 2: I'm on fut my my little brother caught in signing.
Speaker 1: It was signed a penalty.
Speaker 2: I was cool, and we came to your session, and this is why I fucked with you to this day, because I don't know nobody. All I know is I'm up her by myself a Koda got Koda love Yes, And we came to your session.
Speaker 1: And at that time, it.
Speaker 2: Was the thin mustache, little hair on the top.
Speaker 1: Form real and he very tight shirt, very tight shirt, and he was at the board and.
Speaker 2: Y'all was he was either mixing or y'all was finishing up.
Speaker 1: No. No, And I was like, Yo, what the fuck is this ship? You know?
Speaker 2: And I'm just sitting in the back and you was walking around. You ain't know me from nobody on the fucking planet.
Speaker 1: Man. You dapped me up and gave me, gave me some smoke and ship. And I was just like, damn, that makes a LuSE of me, you know what. And I and I was like, man, I funk with dude, Like dude didn't know me from motherfucker can the paint? Man, you showed me a lot that missed so motherfucking much meat your hayes. You got to cute up. Now you're gonna get your You gotta cute up. But you sent me on the on the text. Yeah, he got a speaker. You gotta speaking. Try to be professional now you know what I'm talking about, right what you don't talk? What what you said? Let you play something. You know it's not that smell me okay or yeah, because you was in there. You you were talking about this smell me and you was giving props out because you was like, no, that's not my ship. I got that from somebody. If you said I never take another man's glory, I was like, that was all it is? What all over that that's the only thing, man. I wanted my country grammar black. I want to tell you that. But I got it, got it. And one time you gave me a big compliment.
Speaker 5: Man, we were sitting there and you was like, Yo, I got the word country Grandma. I thought of it when I heard you say country Grandma because I said it on Super the You we said listen.
Speaker 1: The whole vibe was.
Speaker 2: You were sitting so much, and it was it's hard when you, like from the Midwest or from the South to get the respect that a lot of people want doing hip hop, Like, don't get it twisted all over the world, all.
Speaker 1: Over the country.
Speaker 2: Everybody know the Mecca is up there and everybody know that, right.
Speaker 1: So when you when you looking.
Speaker 2: At it like that, you it's almost like, yo, you want certain validation.
Speaker 1: That's that's why the OG and one of them, you know, one of my greatest rappers and influence, PIMC.
Speaker 2: He had us. He used to always have an issue in New York to a certain degree because he started early early late eighties, early nineties, and when he would come up top, he would never get.
Speaker 1: The love talk about motherfuckers with boom.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't let him, you know, do what he do, and that kind of put a stain on his view about it. So us being where we're from, it's just like, yo, you know, you want to rock New York. You want to rock.
Speaker 1: Master Square Guardian who don't want to fuck up the Apollo. You you want.
Speaker 2: That type of situation because you understand that this is where this shit started. So if that doesn't come a lot of times, you know you kind of.
Speaker 1: Feel like, well damn dad, why the fuck? Like hey this a bitch, and then you'd be like, well fuck it.
Speaker 2: Then were going home, you know so, But you was never one of those people you will always give motherfuckers.
Speaker 8: It wasn't the people necessarily individually we wanted to help you out.
Speaker 1: We have this argument all the time. Argument not an argument.
Speaker 5: We have a discrepancy, it's a disagreement. He always says that New York never showed the South.
Speaker 1: Love from it.
Speaker 5: I'm saying it might have not been the artist per se, It might have been the environment and saying, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you had a lot of people that that would speak out.
Speaker 2: Because they would come down. Motherfuckers hang out in Atlanta, you hang out down here in Miami. You can't be on too much bullshit because it ain't gonna go.
Speaker 1: Your way, you know what I'm saying. Like, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would probably say the industry as a whole because everything was based up there.
Speaker 1: They were step gate keeping. Yeah, he ain't got to say it. Yeah, I mean, I mean, but I mean, you know right I would say rightfully, not righteously, but rightfully to a certain degree.
Speaker 2: It's like, yo, nigga, you know you're protecting what you've got, and if you feel like you birth some ship, you're gonna hold on to it till you understand that. Yo, you might want to spread the love around you know what I'm saying, and then you know, certain things happen. But man, you've always been that man. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Man card shout. Years you were hanging out, a lot of people didn't know you were saying hanging out.
Speaker 5: And because you didn't claim Saint Louis, it's because your swag like kind of like reflected.
Speaker 2: Well, I was able to make listen. Saint Louis made Saint Louis made me who I am, gave me my talent all of that ship hanging out in New York in the hall, and taught me how.
Speaker 1: To be a star, because you know New York, everybody in New York, they ain't doing ship. Nigga, walk up to you the CD, nigga, get the best CD. I'm the cdn't recognize that, you know what I'm saying, like you coming to yeah, the competation. So just getting a chance to hang out in the Hall of Ear the other.
Speaker 2: Day, going up the penalty records and all that shit.
Speaker 1: I was just seeing how.
Speaker 2: Things worked from from a different perspective because where we're from, we're looking to get in to the game, y'all. A lot of New York and the game from New York was looking like, yo, we are the game. So I had to start thinking like I.
Speaker 1: Am the game.
Speaker 2: And then once I started realizing and start thinking like, yo, I am the game, and that's when ship just just like boom, Because like I said, again, you know, I'm hanging out with.
Speaker 1: Niggas. We rolled up. We rolled up in Harlem. We all in a van. I didn't know what the fuck like the battle rap.
Speaker 2: Scene was like in New York. So I'm rolling with It's like me Cardy used to be some cats called the Teamsters. They was on Country Grandma and were riding around Harlem.
Speaker 1: These niggas is jumping out battling motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: And I'm talking about niggas just jumping out on the corner on the corner and the niggas just like face to face, shoulder the pot.
Speaker 1: So I think, Nigga, I'm from the loop. I'm thinking, you know what I'm saying. I came with these niggas. I got to leave with them. So they hop out, Nigga, I hop out. I go up. They like no, no, no, we rapping, like what shit all right? And they spitting on each other ship. I'm like you, I'm like, oh yeah, he's finna hit it.
Speaker 2: Fuck him up and these niggas and when it's over and give each other death.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nigga, I ain't never seen no ship.
Speaker 2: Like that, not like that, because we battle wrapped in Saint Louis, but it was never that intense, like you get that close to a.
Speaker 1: Nigga in the lou and get the spear and let nigga what the boafies.
Speaker 5: But you battle rapped, arguly the most battle rapped person in the hip hop.
Speaker 1: Only by default. I didn't know this story. Thought.
Speaker 5: I know, I know you could asking what happened only, but I did not never understand.
Speaker 1: Okay, what happened? You stretched song number one? Yeah, and then what happened.
Speaker 2: And nigga, I actually I actually had a part of our management team at the time. Shout out to Courtey Benson, him and his brother was was cool with kr.
Speaker 1: Rest Okay, you know, I'm like, Nigga, this is the teacher. This is God, this is who the teacher. Never in my wildest dreams am I ever thinking that anything that I am doing is on his radar. It's never this nigga. I'm there's nothing I'm doing this on his radar? Why would the fun Hey Alrest one give a fuck about what? Nelly?
Speaker 5: He's number one, but then you forgot had a so called number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, come on, my nigga, I ain't from no ship, I ain't from no barrel.
Speaker 1: I'm down here, you know what I'm saying. No, I know that, but I'm like, what the fuck? So what everybody got somebody label like and you would think that, I'm like, nigga, I party rap you talking about you know what I'm saying? Okay, But then I got a call, so what was it? An interview? Was the actual? No nigga? I got a call. I think Courtney Mincing was like, Yo, KR is one, He's he's mad, you're trying to do that I'm like, Nigga, I'm thinking this is a new group, not the teacher, like you mean you mean screen or some ship to not one like car is one? You mad? I'm trying to think. You know, you're thinking, what the fuck that I didn't? Did? I like that? Piss off? You know what I'm saying, Like Nigga, it's like, yeah, your number one song, you.
Speaker 2: Tried to jack on man, you t still this is sound, this is sound like you. Okay, So then he does this, you know, he does the battle. He wants to battle Nelly. That's where you're at, KRS.
Speaker 1: You want to battle Nelly. That's where you're at for real, all these niggas that's out there. You ain't saying ship to know Jane, you ain't saying. You ain't saying ship to nobody out here. You want to battle Nelly.
Speaker 2: Like so I'm like, okay, well whatever, he did his ship and I wouldn't even planned on saying nothing. And then we got called to be like fucking with the rock the mic remaxing property, and I was just like, yo, you know what, I'm gonna say something, but I ain't gonna battle the teacher.
Speaker 1: I'm a student you're talking about.
Speaker 5: I was like, I was really because I didn't know Cares had something that said something about you.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, so.
Speaker 5: I just heard you're no he he nine years I thought you.
Speaker 1: Was like, no, sir Ca, I don't do that. I kick it, party, make money. That's that's always on my mind. Think about teacher. Never damn show, not with nobody that that has inspired me. That's what. Damn. They're twenty years older than me. Like you know what I'm saying, like fucking with him for he's one of the best ever time he's a teacher, you.
Speaker 2: Know, And I just loves gonna get you all that ship, Like that ship influenced us down there, like man, and why that dang that was like I told you again, Saint Louis is anything gangster gonna roll in the loop anything gangs are gonna roll the Loup and all of that shit.
Speaker 1: It just didn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: And he was trying to call me commercial and I was like, nigga, you did the sprite commercial.
Speaker 1: Did no commercial commercial? I ain't didn't no commercial none of that. You had Oozzi's before I knew what they was. I see you on the picture with the motherfuckers dropping now my street sweeping in the range. But now I'm fucking the game, you know what I'm saying. So it shit just sounded weird, bro.
Speaker 2: But did I fix it because I didn't understand the politics of him having a project that he wanted to introduce to the world, and he you're gonna go, You're gonna go with the niggas. That's that's at the top us, So let mess. You're gonna get depressed, you know what I'm saying. So I took it personally because at that time, again, we was all on guard because we from where we're from, and we know niggas ain't niggas fake fucking with us.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Niggas is shaking our handcause we within radius, you know what I mean. But if we ain't in handshaking radius, the face is different.
Speaker 5: But so do you think her rus was capping or do you think that he was sincerely felt like that. No, I think he actually saw opportunity because I did wind up get a.
Speaker 2: Chance to work with him. He was doing a project was more along the lines of a stop divileuce type of project, and we got to hang out in Atlanta, and I love him, you know what I'm saying, Like I was, I was hurt. I was hurt, and at that time I didn't do too much talking and ship or talking about what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: But you know, we was in the little nigga. We were ready. We were like it rap is it? What is it? Yeah? You know we had niggas. That was wild, bro.
Speaker 5: We were young, one of the beat up cares one no queens, trust me, and we got to.
Speaker 1: Get the path. So like he's just he's just the ultimate angel. Just gotta let me just you know, walk the wait. I want to know you guys spoken, did you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, definitely, and it was explained and I told him. I was like, yo, man, I love you because like you inspired you. You you would go so I would never. He was like, no, it's never nothing personal. It was it was this, you did the number one where I'm from. You take a title of our song we at your Neck?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Something like that, And I was like, okay, cool, no problem.
Speaker 5: I was bringing up or he said Kres already had an album called Blue Yeah, some old school shi yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But then he didn't say nothing to Jay. Yeah, like what I do.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you a question. This is now, this is me personally. You have a fellow of love out of the out of the game.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you start questioning, questioning, do you want to be in it? Yeah, once the politics start rolling in, once I start figuring out, oh, once I start figuring out somebody was getting paid for the promo tour. You know, back in the day, that's how the Street Team Niggas used to get you. They they take you.
Speaker 1: To the club. It was working to the Street team, they take you it was working, yeah, but they'd take you to the club. But you got the highest records the Street Team niggas. Yeah, you know, the niggas.
Speaker 8: But the team ahead of the street teams, ahead of the marketing department, was the one on the take.
Speaker 1: Okay, not the Street team guys. But because you knew, well I don't know, you won't find out who's stealing. On your go down the area, house starts shaking the bushes. Whoever come to the door, yelling and lie, oh wow, that's who got the money? You know what I'm saying. So when we get would.
Speaker 2: Come out, you know, we got the hoidest song on the thing. We was the first number one video on one O six and park ever to day one O six in Parker Country, grandmar with number one the first counter. So when we would go into these cities, we are getting told, you know, you go to the it's the routine.
Speaker 1: You know, you go to the UH, to the radio station, do what you do. Boom.
Speaker 2: She's like, Yo, you at a club tonight, She's like, all right, cool, It's like it's it's promo you on the flyer.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get up on.
Speaker 2: The stage, you do about two or three of your songs.
Speaker 5: Same ship you do now, yeah, and get a band for except they.
Speaker 1: Walk through. They called it, yeah, promo walked through. They promo walk through.
Speaker 2: But then you start finding out somebody got ten grand of that, somebody got the team to that, somebody got that. So then once you start bumking on that.
Speaker 1: That system.
Speaker 2: I think ours ended a little early, you know what I mean, Like, because you know, when you hustle, somebody making money and you're gonna smell it, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. And I grew up hustling. So I'm like, wait a minute, cause god damn club, pat we on the fly This promo. So, ain't nobody making the motherfucker diving this motherfucker. You know the DJ nigg who was just at the radio station. He on the fly with you. Yeah, nigga, we going out of these stations. He's the night were Yeah, my nigga. Now they coming through.
Speaker 5: You know you hype you you he picking.
Speaker 1: He can't even contain his excitement. He got you in that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: He knows what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Look, I got that right, were coming through la. He don't Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just but I'm excited to be there. But I mean, it's a part of the game. It's no, it's no ill Wills. It's just that's when you start understanding the politics of it, and then maybe your love starts waning a little bit, you know what I mean, because you start being like damn bro.
Speaker 1: But again you you you.
Speaker 2: Correct yourself because now it's like, okay, nigga, but you in so find something that you do love and latch onto that. See, I'm a positive nigga. I'm I'm a glass you half four.
Speaker 1: I ain't a glass half impest you see what I'm saying. Like, you know, motherfuckers they.
Speaker 2: Mad man, this ain't enough. I'm like, nigga, Okay, you gave me it right on. You know what I'm saying, because I'm thankful because I grow up having not having shit.
Speaker 1: You thankful when you get shit.
Speaker 2: So you know, I looked at it and found something positive to stay focused on, to be able to be like Yo, that's why I'm a channel my energy and mine at that time was getting me, getting my family on, putting city on.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, this is just my opinion, So you don't You could be humble, but in my opinion, you put Saint Louis on the map as far as New age music.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, But we always had a lot of it's.
Speaker 5: A lot of jazz, a lot of other things, but hip hop. And let me just give you your flowers because I know, I realize you're humble, but you are the person that was the biggest worldwide star, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm gonna be honest with.
Speaker 5: You if you if you actually google Saint Louis, you're probably the first thing that comes up, probably the first all second thing that the.
Speaker 2: Only thing I wish I would have did was trademark the looh oh you ain't got that tradegas got you?
Speaker 1: Nah? I slept on that with somebody did it. Now it's all over Saint Louis. Wow. You know what restaurants the baseball team, you.
Speaker 2: Go to the hotel. You know how they got the commercial with welcome Welcome to the fourth Seasons Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: The Louis, not the four seasons. So that was the only thing. But thank you, Bro. I appreciate that, man.
Speaker 2: But like I said, again, it's a lot of We've always had the talent, just never had the light, you know, so very much an influence.
Speaker 1: But I'm thankful man, just to be where I'm at. That's superball.
Speaker 5: What's the real housewife, Real house Real husbands? Yea, yeah, house you know, I'm just like the real husband.
Speaker 1: What is that you? Kevin Hard? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Actually when it first started, it was it started as a skit Kevin was doing for because he was hosting the BT War. Yeah, and it was the original with me, keV, Bobby Brown, yeah, and Nick Cannon. If you look at the very first skit that ever was he was hosting Funniest Ship too, And I knew right there, like Bobby man, Bobby Brown, and he got stories you had.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: I hung out with him at the Waldorf for story and I just drink and just shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just let him talk that and that he got. He got some of the ultimate stories generation story.
Speaker 5: You ain't here that he cooked fried chicken with cocaine. He never heard that, the whole fried chicken with cocaine. It's in his book, nigga. So that's what I see. I see the only story I asked him about. I say, what did you do this, nigga? How did you get that confused?
Speaker 1: This nigga was telling us a story and out of nowhere he just threw this in there. He was like, yeah, man, when I punched Scott Baio and I kept going, we was like, wait a minute, nigga. He was like, what what's you talking about? The truck? No? What the girl? No, nigga, you punched Scott Baio? Yeah yeah, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: Know the new audition niggas. Yeah, he would have one. It was his prerogative. Though, who you thought this is?
Speaker 1: This is? This is just spitballing.
Speaker 5: When we were coming up, everybody coming up, who think God more pushing you a mace? Were ready were ready to start the interview. Now, let's that you knocked them down.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie. Listen, I ain't gonna lie. You was known as a slight, but you know what sniper is, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, long this, yeah, longest, longest Lord.
Speaker 8: I heard a lot about you, man, you brother, give me your church, about your jersey, yells.
Speaker 1: You go ahead. I'm married, man, I am to I We're gonna reflected this. We reflected reflected respect. He was a monster. That was a monster, Dad, straight way, Mom, straight up. Especially in the bandaid days. Keep the band aid on what you want to see, trow the rise, keep that bad day off.
Speaker 5: Because right now, because right now, I'm sorry Prince Montana, because right now, right now that they said that Prince Montana is the illis sniper.
Speaker 1: Right now he's taking.
Speaker 5: It everything that I'm taking everything down. I'm saying, your dad, Oh, do you think anybody could have sucked with you in the sniping.
Speaker 1: World and your dad.
Speaker 5: Not in a world on musically we're talking about sniping, taking take it down, taking it down, talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to put my cat out there, like, but uh, he was the new It was a monster.
Speaker 5: That's your that's your nickname. Oh opposite or you gonna throw nigga in the bus. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Over like I'm only from a perspective, only from a perspective. Back then, you know, it was posters. You know, you go my poet if you got my post on the wall, you got you got chuck post on the water. That's that's that's that's kind of how it was down there. And uh, I don't want to say his name right now, but you got apple bottoms. Apple bottoms was a very successful Copple Bottoms was more so five years being yeah, because we had to go away for a minute. Years. Does it take you twenty five No? Not not twenty five years.
Speaker 2: I think we came out in oh three many years, twenty one, twenty two with.
Speaker 1: Your pants is your bottoms? It is legally look to get a drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that came about, you know, hustle mentality, like who's my biggest fans? Why am I steady trying to sell men's clothes and he was trying to sell men's I came out with the men's line first.
Speaker 1: What apple bottles? Oh okay, terrible?
Speaker 2: So yeah, we got we lost that in like oh three oh four, and then you know it was made a lot of money and.
Speaker 1: You had stores in Dubai.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first class. Yeah, Dubai doesn't was out there was out there early.
Speaker 1: Man, How the funk you knew to go to the What the fuck? I didn't? Man?
Speaker 2: My partnered with what was up and you know what I'm saying, And they knew what was going on over there. So they was like, we had been to Dubai maybe a couple of times obviously doing shows, but they was like, Yo, they're opening up this big ass small out there. Either it was just opening or it hadn't been opened that long, right, And they were like, we're gonna get your store. And I'm thinking we're just going to be in another store in there. They was like, no, it's going to be an Apple bottom store.
Speaker 1: Flagship's crazy. And we was over there and.
Speaker 2: Line was down the street around the corner all through that, and I ain't think we had enough clothes in that damn thing for because we were brand new, you know, it was more about.
Speaker 1: The look than anything out. I think we had enough product in that ship like that. Yeah, you realize how your time you was though with everything.
Speaker 2: I try to be like the music, the music, the place, the melody.
Speaker 1: All that, Like, yeah, you gotta stay that. You gotta stay that way because I feel like.
Speaker 2: If you if you are creet eighteen, then you'll always have an opportunity to win. But if you are on a wave, if you if you surfing, you know, you got niggas who eight and you got.
Speaker 1: Higgas who surfing.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of rappers out here they surfing, and that's cool, Like whatever the wave is going, they can pull their surfboard out and you know, ride the wave of what's going on. But I always try to be out there creating waves or or move in anything anything.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it works sometime and don't.
Speaker 2: But again the glasses have full, so I'm gonna figure something out real quick.
Speaker 1: Na. Man, you were so ahead of your time with that.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it into the females and then I kid you not looking. When I first heard that you were in Dubai with a flagship star, I sat back and I was just like, why, why wouldn't it be in the lou n Two years later I realized how genius that was. I was like, you know, I started to go in Dubai and I was like, Wow, this motherfucker was so ahead of his time. So I just wanted to actually, if you know, but let's switch around real quick. Do you think you're one of the fathers of the rap sing along style?
Speaker 2: I definitely think I'm one of the ones that has made popularized popularized.
Speaker 1: They took it and took it to a level.
Speaker 2: But I'm not going to act like, you know, I ain't a product of Selo Green, act like I'm not a product of arrested Development. I'm not going to act like I'm not a product of Bone Thugs in Harmony and like you know, all of these.
Speaker 1: Influences even was doing it right, damn along it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but more so in a way of because you know, when Bone Thugs came out.
Speaker 1: They were they.
Speaker 2: Were so ahead of their time as well, you didn't have a lot of people emulating because I'm sure they know of some people, but no people that was on you don't you don't look to say it's another you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Also crucial conflict that was not.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people that had influenced Nelly, But when you're in the middle of the map.
Speaker 1: That's why if you look at any any genre of music, right, A lot of the people who are super huge.
Speaker 2: Always come from the middle of the map. Why because we are a mixture of everything, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like New York, y'all can get trapped in your own bubble. Sometimes everything is following New York, Cali the same way.
Speaker 1: Because y'all so big, y'all have you don't have to live.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Miami is a is a cult. It's almost like New Orleans.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying, And there's nothing more culturally blacker than.
Speaker 1: New Orleans, like from the food, to speak, the language, the impact, the music. You know, you go down there, you like you walk into a time walk because they have a parade coming down and it's incredible and it's it's it's exhilarating. But when you're in the middle of a map, you look at Nelly, middle of the map. Kanye is the middle of a map, eminem. Whether you agree with him not, He's the middle of a map, the middle of the map, say Kanye, whether you are or not, well, yeah, whether you agree with Kanye or not, I mean, but he's an artist. I don't don't agree to Kanye.
Speaker 2: To get life advice, I don't look to know entertainer for life advice.
Speaker 1: That's the dumbest shit you could do.
Speaker 2: Like why, like your life mirrors are entertainer, You know what I'm saying. We all could be looking at the same tree, but we're definitely looking out of different windows, you know what I'm saying. So, so I don't get how people and I don't even mean to break into that type of ship, but I don't see how people follow celebrities for political advice. That's that's the dumbest shit ever, Like why would it. Why would a celebrity give you the best advice politically when.
Speaker 1: He really has to believe that. And me, as.
Speaker 2: A man, protector and a father first, everything I think about is putting my family first. That's I have no choice but to put my family first.
Speaker 1: Not saying I don't care about anybody else, but my instant think like I'm gonna put your family before mine? Why the fuck am I thinking about you first? So why would I.
Speaker 2: Know what policies this gonna best suit you when I'm trying to create my generational wealth and what's going to help change the course of what my.
Speaker 1: Family has been following.
Speaker 2: So I owe that responsibility to my family. I can't yo Pops had at all. What the fuck happened? He worried about everybody else, what you mean, and he should have been doing this when he worried about how he look for everybody else. You can't do no shit like that. I don't respect it. I don't respect it.
Speaker 1: Man, not as no.
Speaker 2: Man, Not if you're saying you a father, not when you're saying you the head of the household, You the protector, You the motherfucker that they.
Speaker 1: See at the doorbell.
Speaker 2: Nah, you could be the nigga on the porch and tell your wife to go open the door.
Speaker 1: But my wife ain't opening nw door. I'm going to the door now.
Speaker 2: You can talk to her once you get past me. But I'm opening the door first, and I'm protecting everything in my house. So my natural instinct is going to be what best suits my house and if and since I can't do that, I remain silent on.
Speaker 1: Politics like that. Like I'm not going to never tell.
Speaker 2: You who you should vote for, who you should vote for. I would never tell you to do that, you know what I mean? Like you should vote for Yeah, whatever, Chris, there they be mixing up them policies. You think you voting for this, and you fuck around and this is on the bill, like damn nigga, I thought I thought I was getting loans for underprivileged communities. Fuck around, and you didn't cut some security for your granny.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I told you mother. They didn't tell me that. You know what I'm saying. So you know that ship is it's a hard time to watch.
Speaker 5: Well, we want you to know that they Our show is about giving people their flowers where they can smell them.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: They thoughts when they can think of them, and they drinks when they can drink it, and we want to give you your flower I appreciate right.
Speaker 1: Now to your face, face to face, man, and man.
Speaker 8: Shut up.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you something, Judge. Make it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna make it just retirment section as a snipe, but we're gonna put it right over there, put it right up there.
Speaker 1: But it was all day.
Speaker 5: Because you know, I'm gonna be honest with you, it's only really three people in this industry that I actually seen like come up from like like almost well, I didn't know at the beginning stages in Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: But when you came to New York, I know your story from there.
Speaker 5: I've seen your story, five story and fifty story and I love that ship. Like it's like it's like you ever see somebody and you just know that they're gonna they're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Like I know. I say that and it sounds so simple. But the truth I saw like that I saw.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I saw for real, I was just like, he's weird, but he's gonna make it. He's gonna go like it's not me, it's not me. But guess what, I'm not me the world. I'm a minute person. The world is different.
Speaker 1: Ya.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like being hood is like two percent of the world's population. They can't really I made those Yeah, but what I'm saying everyone can't relate.
Speaker 1: To being the hood thigga, you know what I'm saying. So I to moving on.
Speaker 5: We got your flowers, yo. Now it's a quick time of slim. Well, let's talk about the alcohol real quick.
Speaker 1: Ye shine, Yeah, it's yeah mode shine, it's a moonshine. So again, ain't nobody slanging that.
Speaker 2: And again it's about knowing your knowing your lane knowing who you can or take serving services to a different ship. So uh, most shine right here, you know. Yeah, well this is the thing though too. We actually got a chance to uh man, I don't say, yeah, you gotta be careful with this ship.
Speaker 1: I ain't even not to tell you.
Speaker 2: So at the time I had partner with somebody different, but actually the same thing I had to do with Apple Bottoms before we blew up. Now I got to do it with this because you know, when you first getting into things, you sometimes you you know, your first record deals is not your best deal. Find out what the fuck is going on, and you find out the lanes and the avenues that you need to go down to get to the place you talking about.
Speaker 1: So but this is something man, that.
Speaker 2: You know, kind of came up with because I'm actually, like you were saying, being kind of ahead of the game, being one of the first people that was able to be in a different lane and still be itself as far as like country music, pop music and all this other ship and the country world.
Speaker 1: And I always because the niggas drink moonshine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, country niggas fuck moonshine.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 5: I've seen the episode on Netflix about Moonshine. Yeah, they were still there was I was illegal and all that.
Speaker 1: Like I like that ship. This is the legal moon. This is the legal moon shine right here. Man. So yeah, like again, you gotta be careful with it. Man, it is very tasty, I would say in a play, Uh, that could be dangerous. Yeah, that's the thing. You look up and you then fucked up the whole bottle, and sometimes that may not be good because I see it's peace flavor. Yeah, gotta little got a little flavor.
Speaker 5: Definitely like the ladies to get a little saucy. I respect that because I mean they got to pour their own drinks. Yeah, everybody.
Speaker 1: The rules of the game. This is our drinking game. Ship. I'm gonna be drinking. Mm hmm. Now I'm gonna do some.
Speaker 2: Most shots since we well, wait a minute, how many questions?
Speaker 1: It's questions that depends on you to drink. Okay, look, let me give them. Let me give him the decide what he wants to do. We're gonna give you two choices.
Speaker 8: If you pick one of the choices, we're not drinking. But if you say both are neither, like you don't want to answer basics.
Speaker 1: Then we all drink. We all shot.
Speaker 8: Are we drinking with you? We don't leave you if you don't answer the question. But if you answer, then we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't drink. Keep them. Okay, so everybody's gonna be drinking most you're gonna be drinking shots. What the fuck is that game? Don't worry about it. We are drink.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you do a shot. Okay, I'm gonna set it off. Oh no, I'm not all ready.
Speaker 8: Mason Cam, Mason.
Speaker 1: Cam, yep, and that you got to this is about h.
Speaker 2: I would probably say Killer only because.
Speaker 1: From the time I met Killer, he's always showed me love.
Speaker 2: Mace, and this just could have been where he was at in his life that I was in when I was introduced to him.
Speaker 1: He was already with puff.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, that was already could have been cool to love be because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, yeah, I was with cooler, but I don't used to. Don't like how you shipped it all at that time.
Speaker 2: My my little brother Cardan, he shopped on Cardi because Cardy was in Harlem World and he kicked at that.
Speaker 1: Time, he had kicked Cardy out of Hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and didn't let Cardy be in the video that first video with the halling car done.
Speaker 1: Call on Cardi B. It's gonna No, I said, yeah, Cardi B. You know, I said, Cardi B in the video card everything, Yeah, Cardi BE. I don't know what did I say? No, No, you're right, You're right. You was right. We heard that Cardi B was in the video. No, not that. Now are we talking about it?
Speaker 9: I can't see I I don't know run.
Speaker 2: But no, at that time, Cardy was like fifteen years old. He was young man, and it really fucked him up that whatever happened happened. And I was that's when I was just trying to get on and I saw how I hurt.
Speaker 1: He was out like, man, don't worry about that ship. Man, I'm about to get on.
Speaker 2: Man, We're gonna you know what I'm saying. And I had a disdained for Mace.
Speaker 1: And so is that probably why when y'all met the energy, Was it you more or was it him? No? I mean eventually it got a ship ship ton better figured it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because again it was it wasn't that he felt the way that he felt. But again, if I come in there, if I come with you and the door, were leaving out that the same mother fucking dough together.
Speaker 1: I ain't. I ain't bringing nobody with me. I ain't leaving with you know.
Speaker 2: So at that time, Cardy was my with my family, so he had her part of the family and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, shit, fuck that nigga. But it wasn't like that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't always like that, because Mason's cool as fuck now you know what I'm saying, and we're super dope.
Speaker 1: But from the time I met Killer, it's all love.
Speaker 5: Right, This is a controversy question no ship Kendrick or Drake.
Speaker 2: As far as it's whatever here like that, Like asked that, Well, yeah, I mean you can't. You can't take away the artists of Drake. You can't take away what is what his artistry is to dude make hiss like he was making his He's doing his thing. Kendrick is Kendrick, He's he's a I don't know, like because I want to say Kendrick is holding down a whole coast to a certain degree, but then someone might say Drake is holding down a whole country. But you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But it's a great point, but it's a difference of feelings taking a shot.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm just help you outness.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 1: He was about to get very statistic.
Speaker 5: Shot because because you go to the like skinkarate class with Drake, we know that what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying is enjoy the explanation. And you ruined me. I'm sorry, I want to drink. If you look at if you look at Kendrick, you you you.
Speaker 2: Think of more of a traditional hip hop superstar.
Speaker 1: When you look at you just think of superstar.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, even though he is hip hop and not saying he ain't did his did his thing, but it's just different.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: People be so mad at him, though, I mean I understand to a certain degree. But again, it was never about relating to Drake's life. I've never the man. He started at the bottom, like he said, he was living at his mama house. My mama never had a house. I don't know if his bottom is his mama's house. I'm not again, I'm not looking at life advice from somebody who mama got a house.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to these bangers.
Speaker 2: He making the nigga making banging ass rackers, he knocking these motherfuckers out, So you know, I praise his.
Speaker 1: Hit making artistry. Kendrick is.
Speaker 2: Part of coming from a different coming from where we come from.
Speaker 1: That's how you look at it.
Speaker 2: I don't think Drake came from where we came from. But when somebody makes it coming from where you come from, you look at them a little different.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They get a little bit more of a validation because you understand and you understand the fight that they had to to get to where they are, and you could be like, man, they might not have made it, you know what I'm saying. But if somebody who started somewhere that you can't relate, you just appreciate what they do, Like Drake is a phenomenal artist. Kendrick is somebody who you be like, Yo that I know that Nigga, I could have knew Kendrick. I probably would have never known Drake, That's what I'm saying. So I appreciate Drake's music and the artistry.
Speaker 1: And I took the shot for noh, so you picked I guess if you didn't. And I don't like politics, I just did. I like that. Chiggy or Ja Kwan, the lou wants you to take a shot. I definitely was gonna do that. Do it anyway, I know what ye m hm.
Speaker 2: Now, Jay Kwan is my nephew, like literally, so you're not now, but it's family to the sense of Jay Kwan was super young when he came into the game. You know, when you come into the game and you're fifteen, sixteen years old, nigga and you you you're the one paying the bills, it's a different life.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a different life when you're that young.
Speaker 2: And now you go from being told what to do, to tell the niggas what to do and you don't even know, you're not old enough to know why you're telling him to do it.
Speaker 1: So that's just a difference.
Speaker 2: Even Missy, Missy, but I like Eve, but Missy, if I had to pick.
Speaker 1: Miss like, man, we got your money. Look you said that ship boy, there's I want the next answer? Sexy read a glorilla red. Yeah, yeah, I'm always right for the loop like this, how the loo work outside of the loop. Can't nobody talk? You can't. You can't do that. Now we'll talk about each other in the loop, right, Like you know what I mean, but if you're not from there, because we don't have enough.
Speaker 2: We don't have a lot of artists like y'all got. We ain't got a lot of motherfuckers like Atlanta got to be able to look like something, we.
Speaker 1: Are really all we got. So we can't do that. You know what, I man not not to know outsiders. I can't do that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you something. I was hosting the BT red carpet.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's the only wrapper I've ever ran from in my whole life.
Speaker 1: That you ran from.
Speaker 5: Sexy rad only rapper I've listened. I might have caught losses in life or never caught losses in this industry. I won every battle I've had it rap right me? Just I mean, I ain't talking about battle, but Sexy Red the only person that made me run. Why is that I'm on the red carpet? She read, just walking through you know what? You know what I mean, sex he Red is walking through.
Speaker 1: The nigga with the headbong's laughs. She stopped.
Speaker 5: She stopped, and she looked at the red carpet and she must have said, Yo, I'm gonna make this different, So mind you I'm with I'm with the other wingers over there. You know what I mean, Like these niggas, these niggas don't got no platinum records.
Speaker 1: These niggas ain't made it in R album. Niggas ain't discussing, motherfucker. For I'm standing there with a bunch of friends, you know what I'm saying, only ship. But Sexy Ragon comes.
Speaker 5: She gonna recognize me, and she gonna you know so. But I'm sitting there and she looks at all all the franks, she says, she pulls out her money and starts making it rain. Ran my thinking it was a picture of the sixty red making you read you.
Speaker 1: People the you know I did the thirty youngs out.
Speaker 5: I was like, yo, that's the last thing I needed to be on tubal Oh man, what's the ship too?
Speaker 1: We too? We too me? And I'm like.
Speaker 10: A d what what.
Speaker 1: So if any there's no rapper in this world made me rad. But I give you you probably had the first nigga she made.
Speaker 2: Because Shy mean that man, she means that if anything she she she is definitely putting on.
Speaker 1: But she's authentic, man, She's authentic and gonna respect it. Like, yeah, I believe our heart.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I know that metro booming or murder Beads's.
Speaker 1: Take a shot stroke for stroll.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna take a shot because I don't want both stroke.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to make you strength yea. Yeah, we're good. Okay, goo ahead, because you didn't go out with me the other night. I ain't gonna that has never happened. Let me tell you, nigga, I could call Noria anytime. Yeah, yeah, I said you.
Speaker 10: I said, Yo, I'm coming down, nigga, I got I got.
Speaker 1: Eleven on Saturday. You know what I'm saying, like, come on out. You know when that pause I said, he said, I said, damn think I ain't never. I hain't never heard him breathe. I ain't never.
Speaker 10: Like I never know how you living. So I'm a check, come in check, come a check. I never heard this nigga free a day in his life. I don't know how you let my.
Speaker 5: Card In two seconds, he was like, come to the living of the night. I was like, okay the way I said it because I was like, I want to be some pokus and he just he said, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get He told me I'm a I'm a grandfather. I'm gonna use I have to but that he can't call me granddaddy, Papa. I want you what you got tupop oh tupop, oh ship tupop, and he ever called me granddaddy out of the wheels. God damn right, don't come in here with that was a grand You better be having money in your I gotta get my own published in I gotta take him some ship. He can say tupop or tupa. But no, no, don't come here with that granddaddy. Oh man, big pun of both rest in peace, Yeah to both. Definitely. Uh Again, being from the Midwest, we didn't really get a chance to enjoy pun right.
Speaker 2: Because we only had a selective fewer songs that that that that was able to make it.
Speaker 1: On the station in Saint Louis and down there. So, but you know, his genius and just his his lyrical flaw.
Speaker 2: It's definitely underrated as a lyricist, pun is I mean you know, then you're talking about Biggie, who's probably regarded as one of the the best, off one of the best, depending on.
Speaker 1: Where you ask it. So but I'm gonna say Biggie, but no disrespect to pun at all. You ever got to meet Big No, okay, no, no, that don't got to beat pop? Well I saw pock and past Pac never had it, pod hasn't yours? Times in Saint Louis? Uh yeah? Who St. Louis? Yeah like that I like that word times? Yeah yeah really yeah, uh yeah, I mean Saint Louis. You all know.
Speaker 2: As a young as a young hen you know what I mean, like as a younger, But them old niggas, one of them old Saint Louis niggas over there, even he probably know a little bit more Bob know, a little bit more detail about what could actually happened like that, because Bob was you know, Bob was like a local terrorist at the time. He used to he used to own the hottest club in Saint Look. Well his family did call club Casino. They used to call it the Beano. That's where we used to break some of our records. In Ward six point eight, who actually broke country Grandmar That's the club he was in, and it used to be the hottest club in the lou And you would come there like when you like still in high school.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to be eighteen older but you.
Speaker 2: Come to that motherfucker when you're like fifteen sixty because they got the cut though outday they got the side dough. You come to the side door, boom, you might have to pay like twenty five dollars. And Bob used to work there, and that motherfucker tored me sixty five.
Speaker 1: Dollars to get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, old nigga, hold on, listen, listen, I don't jump out yourself.
Speaker 1: And so we come. I don't know who the fuck y'all had in that was it E forty and the Click or the fab the whole family or some shit. So it's ram nigga. We come to the door, it's usually it's only five dollars. It's only five dollars going through the front door. Twenty five dollars usually, you know, on a regular Saturday night at the side dough. So I always come through the side door, nigga, because I was baby face pinster.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like even if I were old enough, I still wasn't gonna fucking get it, So I'll go through.
Speaker 1: The side door. But this day, now, mind, you only got a hundred and fifteen dollars in my pocket? Wait, how old are you doing? At that time, I was like seventeen okay, but I got one hundred and like fifteen dollars in my pocket bottle with more. That's twenty five dollars to take. Yeah, take pictures sometimes, listen, take pictures. You could get three pitches. You can get two pictures.
Speaker 2: For ten dollars, or you could get like I think it was like four pitches for.
Speaker 1: Like fifteen dollars or some shit like that. Right, you know the pictures. You have to chance she ain't. You gotta have the background. Some nigga is drunk, her brushed us and shit. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: At the time, you like, the.
Speaker 1: Ship is flyes. So I'm like, yeah, boom, this nigga shrowd me sixty five dollars to get this shitney my whole night. I got to reschedule when rep you know what I mean, Like, I got to set out a whole nother budget.
Speaker 2: Somebody ain't getting no drink. So but I went through that motherfucker. That's how I met Bob. Wasn't on good terms, but he's a good dude now because he's a granddad. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: For the grand daddy, long as you are to reach me, long as y'all.
Speaker 5: That's that's as long as I underrated five movie man that reached me.
Speaker 1: Ship Man, I don't know about underrated that motherfucker made life. I'm a little upset. I should have charged motive. Yeah, nigga, I was on fire right around that time.
Speaker 2: I should have changed a little more. But there was Adam Sandler Chris Rock.
Speaker 1: That was a great nigga because Rentalds. Let me tell you, nigga, let me tell you how how I found out, how far he was, how you swat he had? So my granny at this time that mind you, This was two thousand and four Country Grammar than did Nellyville just coming out with Sweatsuit the double album, Like I'm on fire. I'm look, this is fire, Granny. Granny is still that's nice, not at all. I'm still Cornell like I'm probably always be. But she was like, that's nice, Cornell. Yeah. I was like, Granny, I'm doing the Grammars. Yeah, I saw you on the Grammars. Baby, you look good. I just had to tell you. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, I saw the football thing when you ran out. Yeah, I was good. You look good.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, you know you can't get no rounds. I'm like, shit, okay, so I'm doing the I heard you doing it. We're sitting around and.
Speaker 1: She's like, I heard you doing the movie. I was like, yeah, Granny, I'm doing a movie. You know what I'm saying. It's a football movie. Boh. I'm explaining to her, good baby, I hope you have fun.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if my auntie somebody said tell her who all tell.
Speaker 1: Her who in the movie. And I'm not thinking nothing of it. I'm not thinking nothing of it. My Brandy is like seventy year old black Saint Louis lady, not thinking nothing of it. I know I know who she married. My granddad. There was a motherfucker. Oh brod. You know what I'm saying, Like straight like that, and I'm like, okay, cool. I said, yeah, Adam saying that I know she's my granny. Don't know none of these people, you know what I'm saying. I'm like, Adam said, look, you know Chris Rock because she you know.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, Adam saying, look, Chris Rock. Bird Renalds who.
Speaker 1: Bird Renals b Renalds who that my boy?
Speaker 10: I said, Yo, here you are, Brandy Fan is the most disgusting ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like you like? She like b renals? Well, yes you in the movie? What so what you're doing?
Speaker 2: Super Bowls, Grammys all that ship at this time?
Speaker 1: Twenty two million record? It doesn't even matter.
Speaker 4: She ain't.
Speaker 1: That's good baby, Burt reynolds Man.
Speaker 2: We had a whole conversation for about fifteen We ain't never talked fifteen minutes about my job, Like probably altogether, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I tell her what's well? She wanted to know, Burt random, why y'all feeling this movie? So tell me about what are you doing? You do it? I say, yeah, I'm playing a running back. You didn't play you was a receiver. He's like, no, I'm just playing it in the movie.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Because you know, she know about what I was doing. She was like, now you play receiver. You don't play running back. No, Grannie, I'm playing it in the movie.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Okay, you little.
Speaker 2: That's That's why I started living Oh small as ship. No, No, no, no, no, yeah, hell y'all you be on set. You got all these great people on set, and these motherfuckers is telling stories sitting in the chair, and then your man bird Rental sits back like this and goes, everybody shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Niggas ain't even filming. He's stopping the whole movie.
Speaker 2: Everybody want to hear this story because you don't know what year this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You just don't. You don't have You don't know if it's finna be the Hustle magazine, the Playboy magazine, it's gonna be blind brutee. You don't know if it's gonna be a dignitary politician.
Speaker 4: You do not know.
Speaker 1: He's got him all and he sits back like this, and everybody shuts the fuck up. Adam Sander telling jokes. Everybody cracking up. Chris Rocks is telling jokes. We got like nine comedians, you know how, they start firing at each other and going around, so it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: And Burt's just, you know, I remember shit shut down, and man, it was awesome. He told us some stories, some shit I can't really say right here.
Speaker 1: He got family sniper. He was like, you know, bo man.
Speaker 2: Boy man, because I mean again, you see how elderly black lady spoke up about him.
Speaker 1: So imagine what you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Like I probably, yeah, he probably top three. You probably top three sniper of all time. No Dad, for me gotta be top three sniper of all time, all time.
Speaker 1: Okay, illmatic or reasonable doubt. I'm from the loo. I'm gonna take a shot. Okay, I respect that I'm gonna take a shot. I'm gonna take a I'm gonna take a shot. I love how you put the shot down first before you take it. I like, I said, really, I know that. He said, yeah, here, alcoholic, don't say that. Yeah, yeah, I noticed.
Speaker 8: I know, I I know that.
Speaker 5: At that moment, it's like, you know, I paced myself. This is we got it together. Try to like when you're going to keep it. This is keeping it together.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: He said, alcohol I know alcoholic. They got to go to meet because I'm a drunk.
Speaker 1: Tupaca easy rest and piece of Tupac Tupac love easy though bent easy. But that's not a So you got no stories of Park, just the stories that I ain't got. Yeah, No, I'm not gonna do that Easy got the hardest line in the world to me, he said, ice cube right the rhymes that I say, I was like niggas that day that was hard and shout out to d O C. Drink chams a lot night. I just found out that his story that easy.
Speaker 8: I know everybody chronic all that, like y'all don't even know, like but Forrett Easy, for stare of accompetence, that the d O C might be.
Speaker 1: The biggest What if his voice was and what it like? What could have been like? Because that whole album you'll see what you young niggas like, what are talking about? Not easy? It was easy?
Speaker 8: It was It was you'll see the super legends Kevin Hart or Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 1: keV. I love Dave, but keV is my brother. You know. I told you I came in the dough with a nigga like it's not gonna.
Speaker 2: You asked me about family, and you asked me about somebody.
Speaker 1: Who I like admire. I'm always roll with the family respect, you know what I'm saying. So just putting that.
Speaker 8: Any any good funny Kevin Hart story, you can tell us.
Speaker 1: Both y'all not not knowing what they say. If you don't want it out there, don't put it out there enough, you know, so rap City or your MTV raps.
Speaker 2: Rap City, rap City, I don't even think was Yeah, I think I was on yr MTV reps.
Speaker 1: I think I did. I think.
Speaker 2: See your MTV raps just always felt like they were working for the man. Really, it just felt like they were working for the man, because you know, I'm old enough to.
Speaker 1: Know the history of MTV. You know what I mean, the principal office.
Speaker 8: And they were lucky to get a lover doctor drec.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. They were lucky. But you did get rocking jobs, right, you did rocking Jock Wall m TV. Yeah, yeah, the damn Marino Nick. Okay, yeah, yeah, I'm talking on. Let's let me tell you something. I am the the great test.
Speaker 2: Musician athlete of all time rapper athlete of all time.
Speaker 1: I say that because I don't play now I used to play. I am the greatest rap e lete of all time. Check my usually play baseball.
Speaker 2: I have all three m vps baseball and jock football, basketball and baseball and softball.
Speaker 1: Whatever else you want to do, check my check so if so, if but who all right? That don't mean that if I was playing basketball now it's it's some rappers that can probably out hoot me.
Speaker 5: But if we go through all three sports, all right, so two on two, who will be a partner?
Speaker 1: And what in basketball? What is what is wrong? It's you? You can get what I'm saying. Who against Gilly and Wallow? Who do I have? And see see Gilly? Gilly can hoop his asshole Gilly. Just I just got old. I wish I could have. I wish I could have hooped.
Speaker 2: Against Gilly when I when I was like when I was like forty sir, Oh, be honest, Gilly, I'm fifty.
Speaker 1: He like forty eight? Now, Billy, Like, for what is he he forty a or forty seven? He just forty? Didn't stop niggah three years? Map know, once your cross out the threshold, hold on Gilly ate forty one nigga, nigga.
Speaker 4: He was with Wayne, she was with Young Money. He wasn't with Big Tandy his knees and go out. Yeah, forty nigga. I was still doing backflips, you man. I just did a backflip on Dancing.
Speaker 1: With the Stars. I was forty eight, forty eight years and you did a back flip on dance with the store. That's just let you. When I was forty if if I who figures without forty, I can still dunk in forty? Fuck you mean, so what year you think you lost to that? Last year I turned fifty? I ain't never seen no nigga in the NBA and fifty, I ain't never see see when you an age and you seen niggas still in sports, you know, and you come from sports.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I come from sports. You know. I always love music.
Speaker 2: And actually I wasn't even the first uh person in my family to make a record. My uncle Rudy Rested Peace was the first one to actually make a record in nineteen eighty eight. That was in my family, saying, last thing, everything Rudy hains and that's who got me in the music.
Speaker 1: He used to have me like at.
Speaker 2: Seven eight nine years old singing Jackson five records and had my whole family is back up and shit like that, and taught me notes and chords and shit. And you know what I'm saying, so yo, my love for music came as a whole other ship. But I was playing sports baseball, football, basketball, basketball with my was my my weakest spoke.
Speaker 1: But everything else I'm now God damn good. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you better not saying that. Do y'all even play football? New York basketball court right here? Oh? No, I can shoot. I ain't playing no defense straight in it for the straight For my defense is I go left and right? That's it? Help.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Flesh of My Flesh or is dark and Hell is hot DMX albums obviously flesh Flesh, Flesh rest.
Speaker 1: In pieces, Jada Kiss or Styles p mm hmm. Kiss Now it's just only to my this is yeah, only to my I know kiss Kiss has always showed Nelly love. I do no styles, I love them, but I have more of an interaction, you know what I'm saying. But all of them, you know what I'm saying. So ya, Yeah, that's fucked up too, because they.
Speaker 2: Ship kind of got stalled by some unfortunate things. Because they could have they they was on fire, they had a big could have had a hell of a run, especially I mean they had it though, no, they definitely did. That would show you that it could.
Speaker 1: It could have been because the run they had, they had to overcome so much ship career wise to be able to do that so you know what it's like. It's just like Nigga.
Speaker 8: If you ain't fucked up the comp money, you have a lot more, but you went to the crap game. But it shows you what kind of club they are to overcome it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Like what the verses has done for them when they've done after that is crazy.
Speaker 1: No, man, they they they top five goat group. I respect that acting or rapping. Rapping. Actually, so when they came without rapping, right ya, like some of a bitch good, Well the city, I'll take it. I'll take it. I'll take it. This this one Mob Deep or mop Mob Deep, I don't know, direspect them m O P. But I don't think I know the brothers.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I I don't want to respect them like if I ever met him before, you know. But I'm saying I haven't interacted with them enough to know if I have or something like that. So I don't want to disrespect them because they hauled the fuck. But you know Mob Deep.
Speaker 1: I did. I did a joint with them, Meet them and Missy one of my favorite records. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, l A or Miami Miami. Thank you, Miami. Well, I'm both. I'm both.
Speaker 2: I don't want to only because you're asking the fifty old niggah who who you know.
Speaker 1: Like the Hill You know you come down here to retire nigga.
Speaker 2: Like you're asking a nigga who approaching retirement age like Miami. Yeah, definitely l A is that. But I don't know the good hard working people in l A. I telling people that all the time. I ain't never been to the to the real l A. I only know Hollywood h and all of that ship in the industry. So I don't judge that.
Speaker 1: On the hard working, every day people that were brought up and raised in l A. I only know these super superficial motherfuckers and niggas Butler Butler, Yeah, you know what I'm saying, and gang bangers and ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So you know that's that's a lot of good folks in l A. Robin Thinker, Oh, justin timper Lake.
Speaker 1: It's the white boy question, Robin think again, that's family. I'm gonna rival family.
Speaker 2: And I told you again your boy, just your boy through the sister out there. I said, I don't know why people don't trip out that.
Speaker 1: Like that nigga knew what was gonna happen. He said, I had no idea about Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like, man, that nigga knew what was gonna happen.
Speaker 4: He was in on that.
Speaker 1: They rehearsed that man, that man knew that ship if he didn't need to be like, damn, like, you ain't seeing I ain't gonna cut the bull the motherfucker, Tedy. You was like, you know, that's the first thing you have said. It was like, oh God, what's Oh you're gonna trying to cover up or something. Nigga. You posed, But Johnny got that man obviously, But that's irrelevant.
Speaker 11: Nor all right, man, I know j T your man. He like, but Jenny was in on the two me it's nothing. Man didn't get no slack that nigga went.
Speaker 2: Out there half a hell of a career, like and Jazz Ship got Paul Nigga and forever stained this. Niggas aren't too stupid doing ship with jay Z and everybody. Nigga, I was hot, Yeah, Jenny was my sister. I was like my sister, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I was hot, like you watch me Penny in real life.
Speaker 2: That's why, because you Jermaine all that like like like again, this is family, bro. When you watch unfair ship happen to motherfuckers who you give a funk about?
Speaker 1: You like, hey, man, whoa who whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa champ this nigga Egypt he good caught a penny though, right, Penny? No, man, he did not color Penny.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Now you've been there, Okay, I don't think he would.
Speaker 8: He asked if you called her Oh no me, No, you ain't sing good times her penancer?
Speaker 5: No man, of course when I when I see Peter Parker, I'll be like your nigga. You you different man, see Spider Man like wher man nigga was so.
Speaker 1: Call her niggas Jackson, Penny, you're not.
Speaker 8: I'm just asking now, I'm asking for a friend. You could first name, No, he's never did it. Next one Michael Jackson or Prince.
Speaker 1: What Michael Jackson you talking about? Hand even know? Yeah? Why? Wow? Looks like you should wear Michael Jackson the zippers. I feel like like at one point you had the zipper chaps in your ass out What are you talking about like who like better than some high hands in your talking about? Like, how is that a good prod? It real? Like, no, I love friends. He's like, but what are you talking about? Come on, man, Mike and plus you are you snipers? Yeah? Yeah, Mike was a snipers. Yeah. He's like cheers rock and fellow rough riders. I'm a drink, yeah I do.
Speaker 2: Somebody called it out like, yeah, I'm a drink because I thought with both of that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. They motherfucker stacking up cut that's you noy go. That's you noy Where your grandpa glasses, don't you grandfather? I'mna just I'm gonna just be flying, nigga. I alright cool. Jordan and Lebron Jordan Jordan. I was born in the seventies, nigga, But I'm not taking nothing away from Lebron because some of my family members of Stone and I get it. You know what I mean. It's always the moment.
Speaker 2: What you see and when real time is gonna always have more effect on you than what you heard about.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. So Rick Ross and Fat Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe's Jones's family not love for love for Roth, but Joe's family. I want to point something out to you. A lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 5: I was hanging out with jay Z and Fat Joe had one of the biggest records all the way up. I believe that's what it was, right all the way up, and Joe hit me. I was like, please hold me up, will hold And I was like, I don't how to do.
Speaker 1: That turn around? Yeah, you know when they had beef. They have beef.
Speaker 8: This is when they the beef was kind of like that, I mean, but they were still weren't on talking terms what I mean, what I mean.
Speaker 5: So then Joe hit I hate Bleak and me and Blee was like, let's let's try to bleak this. Yeah, let's try to make this settle. So we got Joe and jay Z on the phone, and then from there, these motherfuckers, Uh look, they did the remix and everything, and me and Bleak is like, Nigga, we they you niggas like they owe us, Like like Nigga, we did this and hip hop hip hop all y'all too.
Speaker 2: That's how I feeling. All that ship got to happen for a reason. Them chain reactions, you know. So let me ask you, Oh, that wasn't that wasn't that wasn't there you was.
Speaker 1: Get you let me get Yeah, this from the glass like this is when I did the Joe. But I feel like this is what Joe is doing to you. I feel like Joe feels like he put you on a shanty back together. You need twenty percent on the baby because he said I'm not negotiating that. He said versus like versus.
Speaker 5: He invited you correct and then she was on joe Rules side, yo, And I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: That famous walk when you walked across that stage, Yo, it was uncomfortable, but you was going for that goal. No, I was going for It's.
Speaker 5: Uncomfort, I mean so legendary when you you performed and you see her and you saying I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Get by from the whole time, from the whole time I walked there, and in truth to the thing, because I wasn't expecting that I had somebody with me.
Speaker 1: When I came there. No, I'm just saying, no, I did. I had somebody with me when I came there, just because I wasn't on that. I'm like, I'm heurre for Joe. My name, and then we come and when we get in, we walk down the steps and into my mama is on the phone, and she turned around and look up at me and like like she saw a funk of ghosts. Nigga. It was just and I just grin and walked past.
Speaker 2: And when we went in Joe joe dressing room and we were just hanging out. So I guess she gave the world whatever the case. But I didn't want the intensity. I didn't want it because I'm here celebrating these brothers music, you know, because I fucked with Joh. I fucked with Joe obviously, and they fuck with each other, so you don't want it to be crazy.
Speaker 1: So I didn't, you know. I was like, man in me old over here and break the ice. That's what I That's what that was. So that's that's because that walk, That walk was serious. Yeah, I remember, I forgot who was in my way. I think it was Josh. They had the nerve to be performing going by and move I think I bumped. I was like, oh, but you saw rub the back, nigga, don't want to slow that down to show the rub on the back. They I was like, yo, you you with all.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She that was I'm gonna be honest with you, and she was trying to act tough. She was like, she walked over, you know, Chris. Chris like, what you want to do, babe? Chris said, what you want to do?
Speaker 2: He was gonna stop me, you know what I mean. So she gave she gave a rub on the back. Man, she knew what time it was in order. Now we'll move along, No, we.
Speaker 1: Do kind of Joe. Uh, Joe was a good Yeah. Joe was always you guys gotta get back together. Something does not feel right of our business, right, Nelly? What are you doing? I was like, now, you know, he used to always say that you're my brother. I love you, but you know how I feel about my sister. She's the greatest. You have to get back Joe. I'm not with that. It's not going down. I'll call you. So, yeah, he was. That was crazy, I guess so that that was the plain place I put them back together. He can't have that credit, he can't hit that credit because if it funk up again, I know what to call God damned Joe too. Okay, the chronic or all eyes on me? The chronic. The chronic.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, I love I love Tupat, but all eyes on me ain't ain't his best album To me is Me Against the World's Me against the worst.
Speaker 1: Of Double Do. It's a double discuss. Our lives on me is the double Me against the world is the joint when he was in jail? Yeah, Like, no, nigga, it is. Where were you at when the chronic dropped? Like what were you high school? I was in high school because the chronic was that ninety two, Yeah, I was in high school.
Speaker 2: Depending on what part of ninety two, I might have been a junior. I might have been a senior.
Speaker 1: You car out cast drink? I'm in drink. There's no way I can I know, so no weapon like because it ain't no outcasts, Probably it ain't. No, ain't no Nelly with you.
Speaker 2: That's how much influence you GK got on outcasts and and.
Speaker 1: Me like, pimp is ship. We gotta do that? Ship? Pimp is him looking up? What's that we do? And we're gonna do it. I got the burgers and ship.
Speaker 5: No, I want some burgers though, ships far that's right? Manny Fresh or Swiss beats m M.
Speaker 1: Fresh love Swiss Love Swiss Many freshman four hundred degrees. M. I'm not saying that's Swiss Saint.
Speaker 2: But again where I'm from, it's definitely regional, like four hundred degrees Julie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see me, I eat sleep, ship and talk rap. You see that. I say this on TV that I had some feeling chage is a fault that to sit the new return still was brought back. Boy Chrizy, you as Jamaine the pre partimulant. J D loved him, but again, family and j D sniper. That's why he is sniper. That's why he's a good sniper. Jackson's that's why he's a great sniper. Why he's good at what they do because.
Speaker 2: Everybody j see under the radar on on on a lot of ship And I'm only saying that all bullshit aside because of.
Speaker 1: The music, Like I don't see the love you give. Always give the j D like you know, like I love at that time.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like respectfully and outside of current situations him and puff do versus puff Is, don't get murdered.
Speaker 1: Easy. I'm gonna be That's what I listen.
Speaker 5: I wasn't got did you say East coast. What you mean, you know what I'm saying is back then, how they didn't versus j D.
Speaker 1: Smart? He knew he didn't want he didn't he didn't he didn't he didn't want no part, He didn't want no parts. Jad he knew that Puff is smart, Puff, ain't he? Biggie Catalog Total Catalog, Biggie Catalog told me more than that.
Speaker 2: Matt Craig, Matt Craig, Matt what now you you're now you again at this time? Why do you think he wanted the whole versus in New York? JD can hold versus anywhere.
Speaker 1: Puff. Puff only wanted the whole versus in New York, Massa regarded. He only wanted to have it in New York. But it's the biggest arena. He only wanted to have it in New York, in the biggest arena of the world, in the world. I only wanted to have it in the world most famous. You said, the biggest, most famous. Change your language, brother, whatever you want to take it, go mine, whatever you want to take with the Massacre regard is the biggest basketball platform in the world. You entertainment, You do realize when you're talking about JD. You talk, I'm not taking that away from j You're talking about going all the way back to to create Christ always backwards. I want my closet backwards. You know what I mean? Like you, what did he didn't do? Though? Four days? What is it that he didn't do? No? No, I can't take nothing from JD.
Speaker 4: Ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta give JD all his fucking accolades, all his props, all his flowers.
Speaker 1: I got you take it, but you gotta go back to New York just because I saw it more. You know what, I respect it. I respect it. I already told you how we get down. It's just I told you I'm gonna be biased for the loop call it so I don't feel like I'm being biased.
Speaker 5: What I feel like I'm being is more of what I saw, Like I got to see this a little bit more.
Speaker 1: I told you everything you see impacts you more exactly than what you heard.
Speaker 2: But that's why I said, y'all only basing it off of what New York media gave you, what New York radio gave you.
Speaker 8: What and you see what I'm saying, and what would be the criteria. Jermaine actually produced hands on most of his records.
Speaker 1: Well, so where are you going there?
Speaker 8: Ain't what I'm saying, ain't no just produced. Like you know what I'm saying about the criteria. Fucking have a criteria. Dreams that we talked about. You gotta have a criteria.
Speaker 1: Let them battle. I think.
Speaker 8: So what you want to puff to do record, you gotta have a criteria. If nothing man is on the record.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you get a producer credit for the motherfucker even if you just said that, but see what's going you can get the producer credit. He gonna get the right credit. And then he probably referenced the fucking song. Because you can lock JD in the room by himself, he will come out with the song. He can't perform it, he can make the beat and he can write it smash. You can lock him in that motherfucker with an MP and he will sit right by that motherfucker and do that write that bitch melodies boom, And then you start sounded like this is my confession.
Speaker 1: This man, I thought, I can say. Yeah, So you start hearing him about his stories that this NIXT sniper stories that he put in the record other people, that's his story. We know to these records carefully. Now that's his story. Man, confess confession. Oh along, let me get up all right, Jesus all right, I mean for the next one, Get the next one.
Speaker 5: The chronicle. We said that one, We said that one. We said that one, said that, We said that one gosses not.
Speaker 1: You can see all the okay uh wo tangle in w A n W A greatest group of all the greatest rap group of all time, greatest rap group of all time. Easy, you got the whole group.
Speaker 2: Multi platinum, Easy is multi platinum, ice Cube is multi platinum, Doctor dre is multi platinum, came back, did a whole other album.
Speaker 1: Like there, it's like it's like new addition to me.
Speaker 2: New addition is the greatest group of all time Morning because.
Speaker 1: Everybody in that bitch went multi platinum, came back together, them niggas with multiplatinum together, everybody went their way with multiplatinum, came back together with multiplay, no contemn and did separate again. Like what's you talking about this? That was this new edition. You got Bobby Brown, you got you got.
Speaker 4: B b d.
Speaker 8: Even Ralph was man Nigga, Ralph Transman Gil Nigga, who.
Speaker 1: Didn't even start coming in and get something damn, you know what I mean, like Paula. Then the producer nigga, what's the nigga? Mike Bibbins. Michael Bibbins, he was the part of me all that. Yeah, that's crying of crazy. The niggas went ape ship right like dad? We got Bobby Brown out of that nigga. Yeah, cocaine chicken. Hey, that's all he got out of done go game before. But a minute, what are you talking? You know I said it earlier. The nigga he had so much coke in his house. He did it by accident.
Speaker 5: Listen, he did it by hen He thought it was flower, so he so he dipped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he dipped the ship. This is in his book. I'm not making this up. This is in his book.
Speaker 5: And every time I say I'm like to me about the cocaine fla and the chicken nigga, he tells me the story.
Speaker 1: He doesn't give a fuck. But did he eat it? Did he say he ate it? I've never asked that question. That's probably how you knew it was Clo. That's right, enough, ship nigga. The smell in that house at that time, you know he had I mean yeah, like damn, like, what's that smell? I don't know? Forrell or yeah Pete Forrell again?
Speaker 2: Family love Yay Midwest you know love Yeah's artist Street.
Speaker 1: Let's say that ship. You know what I'm saying. I don't know what my nigga be all sometimes like man, you got to help yourself at some point. Just got your money. You're gonna go a hand again, nigga.
Speaker 2: Like you want to edit that like you said about I'm just saying like, but good lord, you know you just be watching like, oh.
Speaker 1: We love you, but she I don't know, go ahead, go for it. You won't take a shot. I'll take a shot. No, no, no, no, take a shot. And this is not let's just do it because you know why, why is that jeers? What the fuck is that tea or something? Nigga? Because here you can trust definitely listen, you're my friend. They make that. It's called Mama Wana. Who what it's called mama wana? They make that and Mamajuanna can't do it. He made this is a story. He's made. He makes up the story, make up a story. Just let him do it with dirty feet. What nigga, you just told me cocaine and chicken fried chicken. I'm like, no, I know. That's why I'm believing you. I knew. No, you can't come back to their stories. You can't tell correct. You could have told me anything after that out of the analog or digital to do?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Nigga? I am computer illiterate. I don't know. So he's analog my song Else, nigga, he didn't. He been hooking up the electronics and since he was twelve, that's it. Once I realized he knew what the fuck he was doing. That was a wrap that market sounds like we taking the man. That boy was nine years old, and the video game in every TV in the house. That was it. So this is I don't know what the fuck do analog do? Listen how hot he was created? I mean, I know of it. But I'm saying you saying analog or like like you know, recording on tape, recording on computer. I ain't saying that. Really, you're talking about real real Yeah exactly, that that's analog, yo, wa for you so far away from that's like you don't really.
Speaker 12: Technical terms and ship, you know, but it's what we recorded on no real, the real digital that.
Speaker 1: Analogue as well. Okay, ship, well ain't that not? Yeah again? Because real, the real you ain't that you go, uh, you're real. The small dads are for that.
Speaker 8: You the real did you had the dance with with then you have to look at and the little Deaths were digital.
Speaker 1: That was when we went digital.
Speaker 2: Okay, see my album Nigga? All right, I didn't know that say that like that?
Speaker 1: It's like you like so that? Really? I said, my asked this. Let back to the interview. Okay, loyalty or respect? H I think if you if you give me your loyalty, then you respect me, because you ain't gonna get your loyalty to a motherfucker you don't respect you know what I'm saying, Like, who would do that? So it's got to be It's got to be loyalty, you see what I'm saying. Because I can say I respect you but not be loyal to you.
Speaker 2: But I can't be loyal to you if I don't respect you, so it'll no. I'm just saying, it's just logic. You know, you didn't know that analog or that.
Speaker 1: Or so what are we doing? I said, loyalty?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful. It was so beautiful. I got to take a shot with you.
Speaker 5: Yo, you get that tell my wife on your no, I feel like you was gonna I feel like I was gonna jump me earlier you text me and say I'm call you with my wife.
Speaker 1: I was. I was mad, nervous. Oh no, I was on the phone. I was on the phone, and what I was like, damn to entertainers going on to save my son. She was trying to put some ship on him and take pictures. She was you know, she was dressing him up. This nigga is the only nigga never leaves that he changes clothes to change rooms. He never leaves out like I never seen you. So yeah, I've never seen what. He changed clothes like, he got on another outfit. Happened like it's new. She's she's done, man. But she's yeah, she's a great. She's a great mother. Man, she's a great. God damn me mother. But it's just like, damn bro, I feel for use. When he gets older and he gonna be like damn co. It might be like, how is it being the father? Is this your first time being the father?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No shot, no shot, No, of course you ain't let me finish.
Speaker 13: Okay, you know what I mean, like being a new being a new father at this age because your son no wait, I don't know what right now.
Speaker 8: We're talking about the new six months Okay, okay, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have meadow glasses. That's a scary part of give young kid. I mean, it's it's possible, It's very possible.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you know, again, you get to this age you don't have children before, it's a little different. Like my daughter was first, so when she would cry in the middle of the night, you know, you pop up.
Speaker 1: And then she also your daughter, so you know, as a dad, it's just actually it's actually like, what's she crying? You know, you get up in the middle of the night. By the time my son was born, that nigga be yelling through the night, I'm like, yoh, he was like you good. That nigg gotta learn. You know what I'm saying. Everybody just be running to you as a man in America, Yeah, I'm teaching them not you know, you know, because your your girls when you were father, it's just a little different. You know.
Speaker 2: I feel like they all can come home. And I fucked up because I told my daughter, Yeah, baby, don't worry about it. You can always come home. You always got a room. My son he could come home, but he get the couch. Eventually he got to get the fuck out. He got to here, man, he got.
Speaker 1: To You got to go. You can always come home.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it may not ship when shi it don't work out. I ain't knocking that because you got to get back up on your.
Speaker 1: Feet, you know what I'm saying. But just no, nigga, this is a temporary. But you know, oh no, you go get out, you gonna work, you gonna do something. You ain't lay up on me. No, not as a man, not as a man. And then I said, so she like that to my daughter as far as you know, baby, come home and let's just say she's always Daddy's girl. Oh yeah, one h two. Yeah, but she won't leave. She took it literally, and I can't. I can't. Yeah, I can't do nothing. No, she don't stand like that. That's my baby. Better. No, she still thinks she's Daddy's the little girl that she is. That's a good thing, man, No, it's a great thing. It's a great fucking things. Great that you can right that you work for. Yeah, that's my cat though.
Speaker 5: So it leads me to my next question is going to be very awkward. After the fun we just said, I'm with you, but I also got to ask you about tip of trail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about credit card? She famous and the ass. It wasn't my idea. You do know that though it was It was the ladies. No, it was the No, it was was that was that white chocolate? I think of some of the dances.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we was running out of ones and I said, all I got is my card. I said, I'm a swife and.
Speaker 1: She said, go for it. You go too fast. She probably charged tell yeah, because first off was BT cut. It was already out. It was already out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it was already out. And at that time, like I told you, you know, we was making all kinds of music. We make music for everybody.
Speaker 1: So I was like, fuck it, I'm watching this show. I want to make a video for this ship. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like let me Yeah, it shout out to Miami because Sami, Uncle Luke. You know what I'm saying, Oh ship, you know what, I'm gonna shut up.
Speaker 1: But he threw one of the most famous Uncle Luke parties in Saint Louis, Louis, well he used to do. He did a beach party, a fake beach.
Speaker 2: Party, and say, look, you know, we ain't got no goddamn beaches and no ship.
Speaker 1: But for somebody, these niggas brought in trucks of saying all kind of and did some ship beach and niggas made the beach right there, right on the roof front too, right, not too far from what a casino ato in the Four Seasons. But he brought Luke, and Luke brought Miami about the ladies. Thank God for Luke, God bless Luke man. So this is where the wipe happened. Oh, this is where I would probably say my wanting to put my own video on be to your version of that well because the peep show.
Speaker 2: Well, no, before that I said that to say when I was like, damn, you can do this in music. This is like awesome, you know, like you get, let's get you can have this if you can have this type, I'm trying my best.
Speaker 1: My nigga is the version of this ship. So but no, I'm talking about when he did.
Speaker 2: His party and he showed Luke live closer than person and it wasn't on TV. Like I told you again, the ship that you actually see has more of an influence on you just some ship that.
Speaker 1: You might see on TV.
Speaker 2: So the concert was live and then motherfucker per it looked different. Nigga talk about HD. It just looked different. I was like, I'm gonna make some videos like this, like this ship gonna be Yeah. But it eventually led up to Tip Drill because it was like Uncle Luke and them for fifty eight and.
Speaker 1: All that shit popped that Guccie and all that, and it was running.
Speaker 2: I was just saying their influence on me even wanting to do it at a certain point because I've always like, yo, I want to make one of those type of videos.
Speaker 1: But at that time, Universal was like even the fuck up? Yeah, you know, it just was what it was. And then BT came out with which is crazy that they did that.
Speaker 5: That's the discripancy that people are having. Did you make that for BET or was BT already created?
Speaker 2: No, We was doing the dirty versions the remix album. Okay, well, we remixed a lot of the songs and that was one of the songs. Tip Drill was the remix to EI and we was like, yo, fuck it because BT Universe wasn't gona shoot no videos. We hadn't planned on shooting no videos for the remix, and I think we might have shot tip Drill with our own fucking mud need or some ship if I'm not I'm not mistaken. But when we saw when I saw that BT young cut, I was like, well, fuck it, let's do a video for this.
Speaker 1: Since because we're.
Speaker 2: Going back and forth, they don't want to shoot no video boom more, so let's do something like this.
Speaker 1: This won't be expensive, you know.
Speaker 2: Because video budgets back then niggas and niggas was heating. You didn't even have to do nothing but just bring niggas water.
Speaker 1: And you might leave with two thousand dollars a day. So but that's how that came about. As far as tips real, I wanted to do the remix to EI and but Bennie Boom does that? Bennie? Can you google it? Has was that Bennie Boom who shot that? Yeah, but the swipe of the car was always credited to the but it wasn't mine.
Speaker 2: It was a girl like because we ran out of wands for a split second and then we had to call up over the Magic City and they brought Yeah, we was in atlant We was in Atlanta at what was that?
Speaker 1: What was old boy name? Ray Buchanan, the nigga used to play for the Falcons. His wife wanted us to shoot it there. She's a lesson, she's a legend. I ain't like. It wasn't his idea. His old lady was like, oh yeah, you can use ours. I don't know who had that connection, but I was just like, yo, what's your wife's gonna say. She was like, she she's the reason y'all shooting it? I said, no, ship, I love this man, all right? So e I ya remix Tip Drill that was the remix. Tip Drill was the remix e I was the first one. Yeah, that was on Country Grammar. What's the first record we came out with Country Grammar? Country Grammar? Yeah, let's talk about that. The them the single, as you said, it actually came out in like ninety eight locally, Okay, locally.
Speaker 2: Then that's what kind of got us, you know, the deal so to speak, because six one eight, who.
Speaker 1: Used to DJ at the club I was telling you about that. Bob's family owned in Illinois and East St. Louis the Beano.
Speaker 2: We used to take records over there and he would break them after we did give me what you got. So it was actually our early and then got us noticed.
Speaker 1: Then Universal, I re recuded it, I re recut it with Universal Record recorded.
Speaker 2: It and we put it back out again. But Universal never really liked Country Grammar. They just thought it was a cool record regional, but they never really liked the record.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to go with it. First. I had to fucking kicking screen.
Speaker 5: About the same Universal that it signed to Little Way Break Okay continue.
Speaker 1: So even with that, if it wasn't for cash money, we might not even got signed a Universal. Because even when I was coming up to the Penalty Nigga, my four demo records was Country Grammar, E, I Ride with Me and batter Up all four singles off of Country Grammar, those were my Those were my demo records. You know, you're sitting in somebody's office playing those are the records.
Speaker 2: You played the whole records off of the album, and then I did. Then now about twelve bout.
Speaker 1: Twelve labels, was like god, you know I was trying to sign the Penalty.
Speaker 2: No, but I thought I was gonna get signed the Penalty. I always touched it, but it never you know, it never happened like that. So then we kind of it was just shopping the ship. Like Leo Leoi said, I don't know what to do with that. I you he had just had scar face. You're not just mean the Penalty records.
Speaker 1: You're we went through you know, New York got all the all the record labels, and it's like through these meanings or some Cooter love some you had a bunch of people that was working in our favors, so to speak like that. Like even.
Speaker 2: Trail, who played a large role, the only Trail played a large role in us being signed and being successful and even hooking up with Kudah. He actually is the one that gave cool the tape Trail. I met Trail in can Coon of ninety eight. Remember when everybody used to go to cant Coon and ship then back in the day for spring breaking over there. And I went down there in ninety eight, but I went down there to sell T shirts and shit, nigga, I was hustling. They would just came back, I'm managing them and say, yo, nigga, we just left can Coon. This was like ninety seven. He was like, yeah, you gotta come, nigga. You know I'm back all my mother hustling. I'm trying to see what gonna come of it. I just went back then, just into taking trips niggas just to have fun. Like so you know, when you a block beatter, you a block beata period, and to lead that block got to make sense, like damn show not to be going to no beach, nigga.
Speaker 1: I wasn't culture like now, I didn't leave a loop, you know what I'm saying, Like I wasn't cultured. I don't know, like just the way to have fun.
Speaker 2: I fun was playing some space, some dominos, some shit eating and going to his U Terrorists club. But but Treill I actually met Trail and now they said we were staying in the same hotel. And like I said, again, for it to make sense, I had to figure out something. So I brought a whole bunch of T shirts down in cant Coon because loving him, it just came back and said, yeah, you gotta come, man, it's cracking.
Speaker 1: They got these clubs. They blow the mistic shit out the ceiling. It's wild. And they had this what happens in can Coon stays in cant Coon. And they got a.
Speaker 2: Sand for a Vegas store. That ship was down in CanCon. That shit came out of can Coon. What happens in CanCon stays in cant Coon.
Speaker 1: And that's why I met Triller. He was and in the same hotel.
Speaker 2: And I had these T shirts and the nigga bought like two T shirts like full price too.
Speaker 1: I ain't even have to you know, how to take fifteen, so I started at thirty. That nigga bought two for thirty two at thirty piece. I was like, nigga, I throw them extra.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: He was cool as fuck.
Speaker 2: Come to find out, when we left that came back to Saint Louis, this nigga was in my manager's basement. Somehow he had met my manager's wife's sister. Woh, come down, this nigga's in the basement.
Speaker 1: I'm like yo.
Speaker 4: He's like yo.
Speaker 1: He was like yo, I heard you got a rap group.
Speaker 2: Do your manager? And Treil knew damn near everybody. So Treil had our demo CD two. He passed it, I think to the rough riders. He passed into a lot of people. So it's documented. It's a few people that was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: What's the name? Had it? Dang? Yep, dang had it? Because Dame actually said something, he said, yeah. They asked him, it's one thing you great said, yeah, I should have signed Nelly, he said, he said, after looking at it, I I should.
Speaker 2: Have signed he said, But it was it came from Trail. And if you know Trail, you know Trail always he's a good dude, but he always coming to you with something. He's you know, he's both. So you don't know, and it just it just happened that at that time, Trail was passing out them Country Grammar CDs and Dame was a little hesitant on that ship.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people that passed up ship. JD. My brother, he passed JD. Motherfucker was on backwards. No, you stuck on nah at that time. Wait, he had the Braids ship. This is that that?
Speaker 8: But you said passing out Country Grammar CD. So the demo was the album already.
Speaker 1: My four songs, Yeah, my four songs was Country Grammar E. I Ride with Me in batter up.
Speaker 2: Wow, all the false things off of there, that's crazy. We put some other ship around it.
Speaker 8: So nobody can say a label made those records with you, like A and R didn't do those records, you got it?
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, hell yeah, that shit wouldn't have sounded like that. Like once, you could tell when the motherfuckering label start getting into an artist project, you know, if you know enough, you can tell.
Speaker 1: Because and you still got to be versatile. Versatility is the key.
Speaker 2: That's why I give Jay all his credit because when you can stay around doctor Dre, doctor.
Speaker 1: Dre ain't having it if you doctor Dre ain't coming out unless he got him a young hot nigga. Ever, if you take his history, he had easy, he had snoop. Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and every time he do that, he makes us and he makes a historic project almost to a certain degree, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So he knows that hip hoppas.
Speaker 2: For the youth, by the youth, you know, so they will always have the large majority of controlling it. The problem is now hip hop didne got old, and just like when anything gets old, their opinions get stronger, you know what I mean, Because when we was young, we had no opinions.
Speaker 1: You ain't give a fuck about nothing at twenty five. I don't know, you got no opinion about this shit, Like I'm just.
Speaker 2: Saying like older people got opinions. Well, I don't think that's right. That's why they talk like that.
Speaker 1: You don't say that shit. Yah, that's right because you didn't been through enough ship to where you're you're judging that from something when you're young. I don't know why the nigga's tripping fuck them. I don't care. So you know that's why you gotta make let the kids. Let the kids do the do what they do.
Speaker 2: I just hate all these old niggas shitting on the babies.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, man, why is y'all shitting on them? Man? Motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: You say, go Legend all that ship? Now, they weren't saying that ship when Country grandmar draw.
Speaker 1: So I know what they feel like when you when you the people that's saying you're fucking up music because they said that to me, Oh he's fucking up in hip hop boo. It's just what the fuck. And you know what I'm saying, like, and when you're that person, it don't feel like Legend go inspirational. You don't.
Speaker 2: You don't feel like that. You don't feel like that at all. You feel like, why y'all fucking with me? So change the station.
Speaker 1: Nigga turned it off like you ain't against them, you exactly. But that's how we sound to some of these babies, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I'm just inquiring, try to understand a little more from the older hip hop generation, Try to understand what it was like then. When couldn't nobody tell us ship? I had a person told me, Yo, don't put that song out. You're talking about a drive by. I said, Nigga, this ship hard. They said, Yo, you're mixing a nursery rhyme with a drive by. You're gonna have little kids singing about a drive At that time.
Speaker 1: I gave not to fun.
Speaker 2: Fuck this old nigga. He trying to tell he's trying to fuck up my ship. I he hat that's the only thing that's going through my mind.
Speaker 1: He was right.
Speaker 2: I still didn't give a fuck. You know what I'm saying, because I was I was young and tuking.
Speaker 1: What what? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What? Oh? No, Yeah, that's how you was feeling. You couldn't not tell you ship? Oh No, I love this ship, man, I love it, But let's let's talk about girls for a war weed the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, grills actually came. We were doing putting more records onto Sweatsuit. We were combining Sweatsuit one from Sweat one from Soup, combinding the album, throwing some more songs on it. You know how they get to doing that ship wish, I just knowing what I knew now, definitely should have been making motherfuckers pay for more when the labels would make us do that type of shit and we weren't up on it. But when you look at those extra songs that now digital, no like when you emerge an album, when you merge two albums, because in order to qualify for a album, it just has to be like nine songs.
Speaker 1: But you're given well, could be could be changing changing it, you could be right, but it's somewhere along that lines, right.
Speaker 2: So, but what I'm saying is when you look at we was putting fifteen, sixteen, twenty songs, and if you look at now what I'm saying now with the fins in the in the in the streaming ship that you could give to the oh my god, motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gave ship a lot of ship away. We gave a lot of ship away. We fu up, but wheels came about and we was putting some more ship over there. And I went down to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: And this when I understood JD's philosophy on how he was making hits. I didn't understand this ship. So I went down and got down there. Probably like Tuesday, we went out and JD went out Tuesday, we ain't do nothing. We went out Wednesday in Atlanta, you know, usually every day somewhere, and we was going out every night. And I'm like, you know, we're in the studio, we're doing some ship. We fucking around, but I ain't getting what I need and JD was like, fuck it, could we be in there?
Speaker 1: It's like, yo, let's go out. I said, damn, all right, cool where we're going? He said, We're gonna go to Magic City? Fine? You know you excuse Like okay, I thought he was going to go to another ain't cool.
Speaker 2: So we go to Magic City boat and I'm in there and I forgot which song come on, but it was something to the beat that that gave me.
Speaker 1: The melody for the grills and the concept.
Speaker 2: And I'm just in there and I was saying something and I was over in one area and JD was up in another, so I boom.
Speaker 1: Chop came over us like yo, nigga, I got it burnt out. We left us.
Speaker 2: We left Magic City, went straight to the studio and he started playing that that.
Speaker 7: That infamous do done thn on done on done thun done done. And I was like, you know, you know, you know, you know when you're hear something in your face, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: So he was like, h now, here's the key.
Speaker 2: That only came because that was the vibe we just left. That was the vibe that literally just left. I was doing the same shit, you know what I'm saying. I had told him what I was on and is there in the middle of the club, and he went right back to that motherfucker and kept that vibe.
Speaker 1: And was like, and I was able to, you know what I mean, come up with the hook and everything, and I did. I actually did two verses. It's a verse on grills that never been heard.
Speaker 2: I did it, but I took it off because I wanted the features on there.
Speaker 1: So we put Paul wall On there.
Speaker 2: We had to get Paul wall On there because at that time him and TV Johnny was killing the game.
Speaker 1: With that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I called Paul, I said, listen, do you don't worry about it? You know, sometimes the motherfuckers when you do different styles and shit, you kind of like want to say, Yo, how you heard me on the record? Because I do that because the motherfucker say, yo, I want Nelly on the record.
Speaker 1: I don't know which Nelly you talking about because I go in there and do one Nelly, you might be looking for another Nelly.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, yo, which Nelly? Like how you just give me a reference of a sound or a melody of how you how you heard Nell?
Speaker 1: Right? But with JD I didn't have to do that with both verses.
Speaker 2: So then when Paul Wall came in, I said, jadd I said, Paul, I said, you can do whatever you want, but you.
Speaker 1: Got to say what it do? Baby? Is the ice scam? Paul Wall, I say, you say whatever the else you want to say. After that, I said, that's all I need. That's all I need over the line, That's all I need, and I'm out of here, like I already know what that shit is supposed to sound like, you know what I mean. I might not be able to play it, but I know what the fuck is supposed to sound like and I know why he's the right person for that.
Speaker 2: So we got Paul on there, and actually Murphy Lee album was coming out, but we had Kim Folk album out, and it was originally posed to it was originally going to be Murphy Lee on the record, but it got switched to give up an Ali because they had their project out.
Speaker 1: Kim Folk.
Speaker 2: And Murph didn't get on that record, but it was going to be Murphy first because Murphy was somebody who was trying to get the pressure fold.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But JD, I thought we was going out every night. JD said, no, Nigga, I'm working. He said, y'all partying. He said, I'm standing up on the couch. I'm listening to tempos. I'm watching what motherfuckers got on. I'm watching the.
Speaker 1: Club talking about every trip club. I'm thinking every night we going out. He's studying, he's working.
Speaker 2: That's why when I came to him with that hot a about the about how I felt and what I want, he was able to duplicate that same feeling as soon as we got back to the studio because you know what I'm saying, because he was already on that, and I was like, damn, nigga.
Speaker 1: I've been kicking it all week. You've been here working. I thought, he's it's a genius. Yeah he is. Yeah, I'm just I'm being honest with you.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: We love you. You ain't you ain't drinking by the way. Yeah, I'm being honest. Man.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful having your head with us because a lot of people don't know how hip hop you are.
Speaker 1: People just look at your accolades and where you went to. People don't understand the struggle. I've actually seen that. I have been a part of that. But foot all that you you scave through this whole ship and you won. What's the meaning the game? Yes? Yeah, but it's all it's a it's a fight. The first. Let me just tell you something. It's a fight. It's so hard to break through the barriers that you broke through. That's what I'm asking. I appreciate it. Yah, Well listen again, half full.
Speaker 2: So I'm always grateful being able to do what, not just me myself, but even my little brothers. Like he produced four five tracks on Country Grammar. He rapped on Country Grammar. We named the Saint Lunatic album after him, Free City.
Speaker 1: So I say hardware.
Speaker 2: I don't ever want to say that it's hard work because I know somebody that went through hard and ship, you know what I mean, So not to be at a place of being thankful. It's cool, But when you watch other artists think that they are struggling, when it's like, yo, Nigga, I was just thrown in the deep end and was told to swim, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I didn't.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody break Nelly. That's what you gotta understand. Ain't nobody break Nelly. My area wasn't hot, You didn't.
Speaker 1: Break your upstream? Tell me in your area, who ain't.
Speaker 2: Been our Kanye got a chain from Rockefeller, fifty gots stamped by doctor Dre.
Speaker 1: And them and them. Nellie got thrown into the fool. You know what I'm saying, Like, if you look at.
Speaker 2: A lot of this ship that, even even if it's around my time or whatever, not discrediting anything, because this is all the dope ass artists that inspired me in one way or nothing. Richard Trying is one of my favorite albums of all time. Motherfucking ye. You know how I feel about the Ye?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I gotta make sure I say that they that I know this new nigga's tough.
Speaker 2: Different, He's different, He's definitely different. But everything else niggas, even my brother Jah. He got to be on a song with Hove before he came out. You know, Ship Drake had Wayne. So you said you had no body, I had no I had nobody but my city and the niggas.
Speaker 1: That I came to the club with. That's all we had. That's all we had.
Speaker 8: Hold without being said though, because you guys have been skitting around the whole when you went to Harlem and all this, y'all, y'all talking insider talk. People watching, they don't know, how did you get to Harlem? How does the connection with Harlem world happen? Carden?
Speaker 1: That all came through trail again, that all came through trail.
Speaker 2: Like I said again, when I met Treill down in Cancun and he was motherfucking hanging. He was actually down there with Mace and everybody, I think a whole Bible or whatever the case he was down there with. And once he came back to Saint Louis because he had ran into our manager's wife sister, they wind up being together so he got the album and he was like, Yo, this ship is dope.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna try to help.
Speaker 2: And he brought that ship back up to New York and he was trying to pass that around to the connects that he knew. That's how we got off the topic because we started talking about who he passed it to, and I was like, Dame Dame had it.
Speaker 1: I know he got it to.
Speaker 2: I think it was d from Rough Riders and a few other people for Upper in New York. But the ship never spawned it off. But he said, Yo, I'm going down to Atlanta. Jermaine Duprie is having a birthday party, and I know Mace is going to the party.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to get the tape to Mace. So we was like, fucking cool. Is your tape? Trail had it? So we was like fucking cool.
Speaker 2: So we drove down to Atlanta and at that time, Mini Van staying like kind of right outside. Jady got this party at the motherfucking where was at the art museum. He had a party at one of the art museums down that motherfucker. This is the time all Limos niggas rolled in Limos and you.
Speaker 1: Like Limos, I like Glimborough.
Speaker 2: But they had like motherfucking aisles and blocks of fucking Limos just parked outside this and we was parked down the street a little bit in the minivan. They probably thought we were they're the rob niggas, probably because that's how shady we was looking, Nigga compared to what was going into the party.
Speaker 1: Everybody was dressed up little.
Speaker 2: So we outside party trail took our manager t Love, and we're standing outside, were waiting slow down. Nigga with the mask. He run up, He run up to he run up to the door, just on some fuck it and talking to the boy. He said, Yo, could you tell our manager that you know that we out here. We just look at the boot and dude said, okay, what's your manager's name?
Speaker 1: Who is you? He was like, yo, we sa loa text Tony Davis. The nigga goes down the list said oh y'all on here? Oh he said what he said, Yeah, y'all y'all on the list.
Speaker 2: Man Nigga ran back over there. The world we would say say, yo, Nigga, we on the list. We get in, Nigga.
Speaker 1: We shot my fucking car like, So we going into a j D party now, mind you, No, not like that. We know Bob, okay, we know, we know Big Bob all right, Bob that was the motherfucker man. Okay, he got some stories too, so we he's like, fuck it. So we go in there now, mind you, nigga, I'm I'm literally still representing where I live in Saint Louis. I'll just say that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So my attire, it's reputable of the cars upon which my street.
Speaker 1: You're like, you know what, So everything I got over. I got on the Saint Louis Blue Sejourity, I got on the big Blue and Go. I got on some mother fuck blue dann there like Blue Dickie shows about this mother passer. Were like, fucking We go into the party now, mind you, nigga, were sticking out. There's no way you don't see us. Everybody in this motherfucker iss flies.
Speaker 2: Fuck nigga, Elton John and in this bitch my fucker kind of motherfuckers. So the way the party is set up, when you go up these steps to the to the VIP area, you got this party right here so everybody can see you.
Speaker 1: Everybody so we walking up these motherfuckers and you could tell everybody like, who the fuck is niggas? Why is they in the party? Look at what we got out?
Speaker 2: We were like, so we following Trail and Love and they take us over to the section where Mace was at and Trail was like, yo, these the group out from Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: I was talking about you know what I'm saying this, and Mace said.
Speaker 6: Give the tape to Cool, Give the tape to Cool Somal, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there he is. Because you know Mace would have added, you know, he would have added he never heard it, he never listened to it.
Speaker 2: Could have got the tape Cool, he said, good, it could be you know what I'm saying. Trail was like, yo, son, well, well you know he bigged us up. And as soon as got as soon as Cooda got today, come on, hold on, let's just try South people.
Speaker 1: No, he said, get to take the kudo. I don't even know what the I was a fuck with, you said, everybody, give.
Speaker 2: So Gay to take the cool. The Coola left the party, jumped in whatever he was in and played it. The nigga called us about about an hour and were like, yo, I'm fucking with it.
Speaker 1: Can y'all get up to New York and I got a studio, come up, hang out, let's let's just knock out some records to see what comes from it. So we was like, yeah, cool, made our way up to New York. He had a studio. I think it was in Jersey. Was that ship in Jersey? He had a studio in Jersey? Nigga, We thought we was in New Yeah. You couldn't have told us nothing said well, yes and no, I'm not gonna say that I'm out of that. That's y'all politic. It doesn't know, but I'm saying it shows like it because we didn't know the difference. You know, when niggas ain't never really left where they left, bro, you just know it.
Speaker 2: So we did the studio. We stayed for about two days. We stayed actually stayed in the studio. Nigga slept on the floor. We just recorded some records for him as at that time as the group, and he took them ships.
Speaker 1: He was shopping them. He probably shopped him for a couple of months, maybe a couple of months, and then he was like, yo, I don't know about the group, but I think if Nelly, I said, I think I can get Nelly a deal. That's what, Because you guys are presented as a group.
Speaker 2: First, always, always, I wasn't doing solo records at all, but at that time, y'all was shopping as a group as a group lunatics, and he tried to shop it as a group, but he was like, yo, I don't know if I can get the group of deal, he said, but I think I can.
Speaker 1: Get Nelly a deal. Then he can put the group on. Who is this guy Kudo cuts? Not no my duty?
Speaker 2: When Mace was like, I think he was managing Kuda and he got that famous line in the record. Okay, cool, So we like, we think cool to the man. Any nigga get a shout out in the record, especially a hit record.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we followed up with him on some other ship and he was like, yo, I think I can get Nelly a deal. But no, no, he was I was in the group.
Speaker 2: I was in the group, all right. But so when I'm this team player, okay, I played sports again, I played sports my whole life.
Speaker 1: I'm a team player. I was brought up like that.
Speaker 2: I'm very coachable. So if I got a bad first. I'm a bad first. If I got a bad ninth, I have bad ninth.
Speaker 14: Whatever it takes to win, whatever good, whatever it takes to win.
Speaker 2: So I was never a solo watist because I would we would do records. I come in and do my verse and i'm i'm I'm I'm back beating the block, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then I start working at like ups because I.
Speaker 2: Needed some insurance because I just had my daughter. But that's more so that's how but it saved me.
Speaker 1: No, this is what it feels like.
Speaker 8: It feels like that's the typical industry. How you separate right, No, by that conquered type of vibe.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You think like that after there's something to divide and conquer. Ford when you're in the beginning, there's no way you're thinking like that because as long as you remain loyal, as long as you do what you're supposed to do, then how can they divide and conquer? Now, they did try to put me out and I was like no. They was like, yo, you you get on, you can.
Speaker 2: Put the group on whatever, hold on, hold on, And I was like, okay, sound good.
Speaker 1: But I need it in the paper you had it in the paperwork, and the paperwork it said, if I sold this.
Speaker 2: Amount of records latics as automatically, get the deal automatically.
Speaker 1: And I think it was only like either three fifty or two fifty. It said, what's the thing you did, nigga the first day that the first day that album came out, they brought me a gold. It brought me a day. And the group did have a deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, everybody a group of deal and everybody had solo deal.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were like a Woo Tang clan in a sense, and much respect to because they had a good influence on so xplaining that to us. So once you went platinum, right yep, then you had a deal for all your It wasn't even about going platinum. We just had to sell. He didn't have to go as a total. As a total.
Speaker 2: All I had to sell was I think three fifty love, but I even three fifty, Well, three fifty is.
Speaker 1: Going to be going if you if you think about it, like depending on when it happens, like if you up to three fifty at that time, and like two or three months, nigga, you you go easy. You already go because they didn't already read up and you and read ship. But if I mean, you know, if you had three fifty in fucking two years, then yeah, I guess there's no reason to get a group of deal.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: So you baked into your deal, made sure it was in the right the group, make sure it was in the right homeans you was doing the Wotang deal. But well, I don't know what the Woutang deal was. Making sure that everybody was in well, yeah, well, making sure that the label sticks to given them an opportunity eating. Yeah, you you got to cooking. If you cook, you right, right.
Speaker 2: If you don't cook, you ain't gonna eat another You're gonna be relying on the no motherfucker to feed you.
Speaker 1: But if you can cook, you can eat.
Speaker 2: So everybody had an opportunity to go out there and cook. The group cook, so and our whole ship probably would have been different if he would have been out, because you know, at that time, whatever song you was on, if you had a feature, that was the next motherfucker to come out.
Speaker 1: He was actually on ride with me.
Speaker 2: But because he wasn't out when rival Me came up, because rival Me would have been a launch for him.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. He would have been that nigga don't drink like that. No, I just yeah, Now, what was that on me?
Speaker 2: I thought I was fucking up ship. I'm like, no, don't charge. If he would have been out our course, uh could have been, would.
Speaker 1: Have been different.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't have been the way. It wouldn't have been the way that. It wouldn't have been the way that it turned out. Why that nigga get the comfortable chair. I'm older than him. That ship got owns.
Speaker 1: You got hydraulics on that ship. No, you played me. That chair was an option.
Speaker 4: We love.
Speaker 1: I got a line up the chairs. When you get niggas need options this year, nigga ain't no, sir, Paul, listen, man, I didn't know that. Yeah, you know you gentlemen, ain't slip. I got the same ship he got, man, No, that's good. Tell your niggas. Tell these niggas man, Man, just city, many city, spud whatever you city. He would have been after the rival on the rat he was.
Speaker 2: He did the rat so he was on the demo originally he was on the record. Yeah, he was on the demo. No, you wasn't on the demo. No, he wasn't on the demo. I put put him on there once we did the album. Once we did because we re recorded everything.
Speaker 1: And then Highs for You wasn't in you. You in jail and this record is fucking number one. How does that nigga he made money in jail? They charged him to be in jail. Wait a minute, yeah you got jail. What isn't this nigga to be in there because you were making too much money? Oh yeah, yeah that's her. Wait what yeah? Ten seven hundred and fourteen dollars and thirty eight cents a year. Damn well yeah, it was like so.
Speaker 3: When if you're if you're worth more than what the government gives them per year?
Speaker 1: What yeah they charge you for Yeah yeah, that nigga pan for it to not go nowhere my shoes, my T shirts. This nigga out here with bad days, yo, yo, don't start that ship. Just started trusting this nagger for a long time.
Speaker 2: He looked over her shoulders, like no, but when this nigga first came home, he had to be comfortable.
Speaker 1: What he didn't like it was quick like people. I mean, I guess it's move movements. When your movements, I don't know, niggas explain it's natural.
Speaker 2: You know, niggas doing no, but it's really natural when you done did nine years.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. You know, niggas movements matter. That shows you not to like people. We on the bus move we on the bus moving to to loose. Whoa you just he was walking down calling each other boots and I'm like, what, like, man, bitch, I'm like, oh, niggas trying to die? Caught me a bitch? Y'all call it the other bitches? Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: So, what's the next thing? Because I'm gonna be honest with you. I was in Hawaii and when What's Sexy Red.
Speaker 1: That came on? He was in he was in the club, I was in a pool like that. She want to shoot everybody. I used to want shoot everybody. Yeah, is that what rappers going through the day. I think that's what she's going through. See just the thing and it's no just.
Speaker 2: There's no disrespect to any of our great female artists period. Because I'm a fan. Again, I don't judge. I don't judge you see what I'm saying. But if you want to talk like facts like men have taken so much and as is warranted mm hm, as it's justified. Men have taken for speaking the way that we do about our women in music.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, but when you look at a span of when women have literally controlled the music, controlled the music.
Speaker 1: The biggest songs are definitely definitely songs of like sex, very much, very much sex. You see what I'm saying. Like and again they can they can do that. It's not it's not an issue.
Speaker 2: But if you look at their stories, they're doing it more so because of the business.
Speaker 1: When you when you think because.
Speaker 2: They're rapping, but they're married and so in other words, you know, whole music, whole music was cool into a real hot showed.
Speaker 8: Up minus the Lauren Hills, minus the Queen Latifa's.
Speaker 1: Real music was cool until a real one showed up. I don't think you going to no, I'm just saying, like a real a real some real ship. Yeah, and then a real one showed up and now everybody like, WHOA, well where you think it was going. Don't shop on our little sister now because she telling her truth, y'all. Y'all opened the door for her to tell her truth. So don't ship on ours, you know what I mean, Like, nah, I don't shop on ours. It was cool to a real one showed up where they say King Vaughan gangster real music was cool to a real one showed up up. So you know, gangster music is cool until a real one show up. That's just facts and Searley came with that, that real on ans and either you could say what you want to say about it, but it's it's there, and it's possible because of something that came before it. Right If you mad at anything.
Speaker 2: That's before, you are in your face right now, don't get mad at what's in your face right now, get mad at.
Speaker 1: How it got there. Okay, so let's say this right now because that's what we advocate as a community because they you know, shuld'll be like.
Speaker 2: Yo, you know, you get mad on our brothers because they gotta do this, they do that. But we say, yo, track the history and then now you know how we got here, so that that has to be a factor in anything you don't like. If it's anything you do not like, don't question the why you don't like it in your face, question how what you got what you don't like is there, But but.
Speaker 8: Now we have an opportunity to shed line on other things. Sat Louis right now in St.
Speaker 1: Louis.
Speaker 14: Who's doing it right now? You know it's repping Saint Louis right now. I mean everybody that come out to lou rep Rep lou because it's a.
Speaker 8: It's A is the next the next evolution of MC is coming MC specific.
Speaker 1: I saw work with all of them right now. He could get hold of who who who hot out? Help you got you got J I like j R is always, but J j R Is a Saint Louis legend. He's he's he's dope. But I'm talking about them babies. Yeah, h slow well, maestro slower there. There's a little homie with him. Now he fires. Fuck.
Speaker 2: I don't even use my studio no more. I could barely get in there. My son produces and he gotta crazy, and the niggas took over.
Speaker 1: Man. They look, Oh, I got to schedule. I got to schedule time. I got a schedule. I got a schedule time in my own ship. What's your production name? Itzzle?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, I told you that they got to get out. You better come up with something.
Speaker 2: I love him to death. I will pick him up from anywhere. But we're gonna go fight, find you something to do together. You gotta do it right, got there, right, I'm gonna go with you.
Speaker 1: Now. But he dope, man, And I love it because he loves it.
Speaker 2: Because you don't, you know, just because your kids sometimes get into what you do. Sometimes they might feel like they supposed to. And I never want what I'm doing to make them feel like they shouldn't decide who they want to be, you know what I mean, or work for the right. The only thing I want them to do is be good people. I just say, Yo, just a good person. I don't give a fuck about none of that other ship. I mean, I hope you do something productive and what's the name, but just be a good person. At the end of the day, just be a good person. And that comes with just knowing treat everybody with respect.
Speaker 1: I don't give Yeah. Yeah's talk about juice.
Speaker 2: So after the respect, you want to go to pimp juice. No, yo, pimp juice that was in the pipping her when you had.
Speaker 1: The Definitely, I mean I'm talking asking a question. Listen.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand what kind of situation I was putting myself in with Pimp Juice and not from that. I'm talking about Nigga from the Pimps, not like that, which Nigga the Pimps was.
Speaker 1: Something Nigga like Nigga. We went, we went to we went to Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Cleveland, like, Nigga, Uh, what a you know? You Midwest Nigga, Like you got a bunch of the cities A lot of other people may not. But when you from the Midwest, you got a lot of favorite cities in the Midwest that.
Speaker 1: Everybody may not be. Like Nigga, that ship problem.
Speaker 2: Like that, like that, like but Cleveland at the time, like Cleveland, all that, Cincinnati, the Minnesota's all that ship. When we was first getting on Nigga, we we loved doing shows up and down that motherfucker, you know what I mean. So because it was rough in New York, first couple of nether shows, it was rough. I gotta tell you, Nigga, it was rough. Oh don't nobody won't say shit, You don't say nothing.
Speaker 1: No, I'm holding you personally responsible because I knew you first. You were supposed to put the word out. You should have hit me.
Speaker 2: Nah My, Nigga, we went Cleveland and all the pif because that's why they gave me that pimple juice the glass.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 2: We walked in the club. It was after the concert we was on too. We walked to the club. You can see all these niggas right here, right cool.
Speaker 1: Our section is here.
Speaker 2: The way the club is set up, all the VIPs like this. The club is in the middle, so our v I section was over here. So we come through the door blind. We can see everybody like what. We go to our section. One song, we see these niggas.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh yeah, niggas. One song came on the nigga bow were like, niggas right there. Next song came on, the niggas bow were like, another song came on, niggas. That third song, these niggas was in the section nigga I saw to God, It's like a click went oh shit.
Speaker 2: Them niggas had their whole section over here. On God, they had their whole section over here, and it was like twenty of them with the chalices, and they had brought me my pimp juice cup. All the pimps had chalices. Nigga, they are in the club with the chalices he studied and everything.
Speaker 1: Look continue you get to you. No, I mean that, I wonder you couldn't believe it. I under say the experience. I was at the Players ball here in Miami, so I know all this ship too. Him. No, I've just said the experience with these brothers is unlike no other. We're in Cali and use the pimp. Nigga, what's the pimp? No, but you got it right. No, I didn't get pimper. I got the Player of the yea. Yeah, congratulations, But you got you got. I never got that. I never got that. I got Oh, you just gotta Siller jealous, damn ship God.
Speaker 2: Okay, Nah, I never got it, never got pimp all Player of the Year. But we nigga Don Magic wand the brother Don Magic wand Green and Yellow. We in the nigga were in the studio. I don't know our whole cuz don't get mad. But we were in the motherfucker studio Me Unc Snoop and Dom Magic wand we smoking, we smoking the butt the blood come to uh to Don Magic wand Magic wand.
Speaker 1: Through his nose, Oh ship nigga, Oh God, try to hand that motherfucker, un said she that's yours. Cuse yo, yo, what I'm saying like, we cannot believe this motherfucker hit this blood through his nose and then try to hand somebody that ballfucking uncles like she that's yours? Cut you keep that. I had never seen no ship like that before in my life. I said this, man, Jay, I mean, I guess the nose nose? God? Yo, man, I'm so proud of you. Thank you, cham I really, I really like.
Speaker 5: We come from alumni. Uh Like you know, college people have their ship. Well, we have our own ship. Yeah, yeah, you got that. We got that society.
Speaker 2: But you come to find out that you can't funk with everybody in that society. We can, you know what I'm saying as far as the hip hop, but I think the the common around that you can find with anybody can be a foundation for any type of relationship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So regardless regardless of what it is.
Speaker 2: It's like, Yo, if you can find a common ground that that means that much to you that you're able to be like, Okay, you respect that, Okay, I respect that.
Speaker 1: As far as you won't go that far. I won't go there far, you know, but you.
Speaker 5: You sing like like, I'll be honest, man, I love with what you what you did.
Speaker 1: I love because can you know what I saw? What I saw was termination m hm and who to love?
Speaker 2: He saw the vision, he saw the vision he had to because I didn't not like that. I mean, I was just in the group. I was in the group, and I'm going back and forth.
Speaker 1: Me and City because like I said again, he was producing a lot of music back then as well as rappers. So I would go sometimes sometimes I would take him because we stayed in t neck. We stayed in when I used to come up to the future record, he came up to generally a couple of times, not showing up to that video being locked up?
Speaker 3: How did that make you feel? I mean, by what the video the ride with Me video? I mean, by that time, I had missed so many videos. He was used to that, but I didn't even think about it. But this is the one that you featured on though. Yeah, but I'm focused on what's going on there make the more, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I would Yeah, by that time, when it was just like okay, I didn't made the decision where.
Speaker 1: I have to mentally prepare yourself, and you gotta do that.
Speaker 8: You deal with what you're dealing with, right Yeah, school, that's dope, that's the outside step.
Speaker 2: But I gotta be I have to be where I am. I couldn't believe they were charging that man to be in there though.
Speaker 1: That's the craziest I ever heard of my life. Right now, they charges to be in jail.
Speaker 2: Like because he's making money, he getting getting published, he gets like like he got he gets publishing off country grammar and like the contrary to rumor like.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, he's getting charged. Can't hear that? Mary wanting this right now? So when when all it makes the government they get a certain is that just the state of Is that just a statement? Everywhere is everywhere is a federal penitentiary.
Speaker 3: Federal gives the state a certain dollar amount per inmate persons. How they get mattresses, they pay for the pillars, to socks, the t shirts, underworld, that everything. So if you're worth more or as much as what you can get per year for each inmate, then they make you pay it yourself.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: But I thought that was you Missouri law. I ain't know that they're doing that. Ship So niggas in jail right now in New York playing that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying that. No, but everybody ain't in st lunatics. Everybody ain't. No, I know, but it's some niggas. It's I mean, without saying some names right now.
Speaker 8: But it's wild because in third world countries they make you paid to be in prison.
Speaker 1: That's you just they don't know what they're paying that nigga who's paying. No, Yeah, but then you got to have the attorney general in the state that's on that like that. You know what I'm saying. That's wild man.
Speaker 5: Oh mister just saying in english's gonna understand the tools people party let's called Yeah, yeah, we get a chance to rock out.
Speaker 2: Uh party are tour myself job. There's a couple of people in there. I'm taking the tics texts back out with me. Well, you know, city always been here with me and majority of the crew except for one. Except for one motherfucker, Holly.
Speaker 1: He will never be anywhere near anything I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Don't wait till I get drunk to start doing that subject. But nah, you should have said that. We should have talked about this earlier when I could have composed myself right then, I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 1: No, it's all good. I'm just because you know why it's me. No, I don't hold that ship.
Speaker 5: Let me just say something. Yeah, outside of looking at that's the inside of looking out. Actually witnessed this Lunatics as a happy conquired with the group.
Speaker 1: Yo, I saw it me.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying I'm I'm the best person to have a vision. What I'm saying is I saw it.
Speaker 1: And I loved it.
Speaker 5: I actually loved you know. I tell you, I tell you a story. I can only tell me one time. I can on you know, put it in your mouth, So I can only tell me one time. It's like, Yo, you know what, Yeah, I think I had did it Atlanta, and then I did uh Milwaukee, and y'all did Atlanta in Milwaukee right behind me, which fast right, and then and you know, I can only told me say, you know, you are ruling with the same amount of people of earlier, the same lunatics, but it's only you and the r m hmm. So he basically mc hammer.
Speaker 1: He basically said, they said, but I got none of them is ten million, and I had the same amount of people that ever I was feeling with me. But that's where we're from again.
Speaker 2: And then go back to when you're young and you're thugging, you know, listening, you know what I'm saying. And it goes to what I was saying about the older people having a lot more patience with the young ones, because you got to know what we didn't do. Like we always like to say we had og we listened to. Yeah, we didn't, and we didn't listen to And you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying, it's just not like that. But but but let's just get with you.
Speaker 2: But with you having a lot of them people out, you probably had a lot of brothers that was from your area, a lot of brothers you was.
Speaker 1: Trying to help.
Speaker 5: I want to save everyone. So I tell you, like, well, I can only tell me that. I can only said, man, you know so many people.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I look to you because you hoping a lot of the motherfuckers don't want going I want to save it. Hold on, let me, well, not just save everybody, but you hoping it's somebody in there that's looking around, that's going to find a lane.
Speaker 1: It's not about you carving out a lane for everybody.
Speaker 2: What happens is that niggas think it's your job to carve them out a lane. It's just to help them see more than they would have saw on their own. All you're supposed to do is help the motherfuckers see more than what they would have.
Speaker 1: Saw on their own. It's up to that person. If that person ain't got it, they ain't got it.
Speaker 2: So why should you stake your reputation on a motherfucker who ain't gonna go out? Because a motherfucker that hard, you ain't got to stake your reputation.
Speaker 1: On it, he gonna go. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like, nigga, if you know you gotta go dude, ther you ain't gonna take a nigga who might shoot.
Speaker 1: You. Won't take a nigga who you know gonna get down. But how hard is it? Because for me, are you thinking they gonna go down? Come to find out, some niggas just want you to call that shit out. You're like, damn you look back, like nigga you you yeah.
Speaker 15: You know because for me as a leader, right, the hardest job in the world, hardest job in the world, really leaders, really hardest job in the world is to lead on any level, just.
Speaker 1: Not that up it a little bit.
Speaker 5: Hardest job is to lead with good intentions, because if you're leading with good intentions, you're gonna be contigued.
Speaker 2: Well, those are your blessings. You can lead with bad intentions, Okay, but but you're you're the You're the one with the most initiative. You're the one with the most drive.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, Like, because you can have bad intentions. They do it all the time. Coats.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker follow a coat off the side of a motherfucker mountain. You shot what I'm saying, like, give you their money. They motherfucker make you dress a certain way, haveing sex.
Speaker 1: With your wife and your daughters.
Speaker 2: Are Like a motherfucker can mentally fuck your head up to where you truly are believing in this person and you are allowing things that you know, on the other hand, are truly immoral to what you should.
Speaker 1: Believe or how you do. But he got you so fucked up you believe this is the right thing to do. You can't tell me, you know what I mean? So being a leader, it's still hard for that motherfucking coat leader. That nigga still up at night, worried about how you're gonna keep control, or.
Speaker 2: How he worried about an uprising. At any moment, he's working that harder, you know, like the devil. The devil worked harder. Thank god, he up all night. He worked harder than guy. He gotta change your motherfucking mind a little bit. Take it the picture, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: You're a granddad. Get you, get you some water. You're about to take a great picture right now. Great picture. Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon, I g at Noriaga on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I at d j e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com,