Speaker 1: Here at Just Baseball, we have teamed up with betmgm for the twenty twenty three MLB season. We'll be using BETMGM lines to make all of our picks, and we'll have special offers for our listeners each week. If you haven't signed up for betmgm yet, use code just Baseball and you will get up to a one thousand dollars first bet offer on your first wager with BETMGM. Here's how it works. Step number one, download the betmgm app and sign up using bonus code just Baseball. Step number two, deposit at least ten dollars and place your first wager on any game. Step number three, you will receive up to one thousand dollars in bonus bets. If your bet loses, just make sure you use bonus code just Baseball when you sign up. Disclaimer twenty one plus to wager. Visit betmgm dot com for terms and conditions. US promotional offers not available in Washington, DC, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, and Ontario. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred gambler in Colorado, Washington, d C, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming call eight seven seven eight dash hope and why or text hope and why to or six seven three six nine In New York call one eight hundred next step. In Arizona called one eight hundred five two two four seven zero zero. In Kansas and Nevada, called one eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero. In Massachusetts, called one eight hundred. Bets off. In Iowa called one eight hundred two seven zero seven one one seven for confidential help. In Michigan, don't forget. If you haven't signed up for Bet MGM yet, use bonus coach Just Baseball and get your one thousand dollars first bet offer Todays.
Speaker 2: League records. We will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Times here's a corner, welcome me.
Speaker 3: Hang out.
Speaker 2: Just Baseball Show is presented by Bett MGM. We're talking trades today Jack Peter Rhum on the Just Baseball Show for Friday, July twenty. First, we've got nine guys that we want to move. How are we going to move them? Where are we going to move them? You'll find out in a little under an hour. We hope maybe a little over an hour. I have no idea. We got to talk Spencer Strider kicking ass on Thursday afternoon, Shintaro Fujinami and his twelve to three through like his first fifteen appearances, and then like Lo two's in the next ten going to Baltimore, which is really exciting. I also have something non baseball off the top that I think can be a total revenue generator for Just Baseball that I want to pick your guys brain about. But Peter, we are as always presented by the King of Sports Books.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are the King of Sportsbooks. Bet MGM. Sign up and deposit into your newly created account using promo code Just Baseball. Remember, if your first bet loses after you use promo code Just Baseball, you will get one thousand dollars back in bonus bets. It's a great time to go. Look at all those division futures. You know, the Orioles, right, I'm sitting on a raised ticket plus three fifty to win the division. Felt really good early on, but now the Orioles are in first place the day that we were talking, and we have a three game set. So if you think the Orioles might win that series, might as well bet on them to win the division. Or if you like what the Blue Jays have been doing. Not sure that you have, because they've been getting their teeth kicked in by the San Diego Padres. But if you think they're going to bounce back, make sure to use code just Baseball on bet MGM gambling problem call or text one eight hundred. Gambler must be twenty one or older. There you go.
Speaker 2: I've come across a gold mine and I think that Just Baseball can really benefit from it, and I know that we have a good presence on TikTok. Let me introduce you to Pinky Doll. Now, is this woman a U I no exist?
Speaker 4: I saw that. I saw that.
Speaker 2: Oh she is apparently making seven thousand dollars a day doing this. So I think if we grab one person from our staff to sit on the Just Baseball TikTok Live for five hours a day and pretend to lick ice cream when somebody sends the ice cream emoji, we could turn into a fortune five hundred company overnight.
Speaker 1: See what I do is I jump on TikTok Live and I run through the games of the day, kind of give them my leans, and I'm trying to actually make people money. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but I'm trying my best. She's not trying to make your money. She's just stealing your money and then pretending to lick an ice cream cones. So you donate a five dollars ice cream cone to a person who don't know exists. Sometimes they'll get a couple of roses and shout out to the people who have donated. But I think I'm lucky to come out with a TikTok live with like eight bucks. She's pulling out five racks.
Speaker 2: So I think I actually think this is the perfect activity for Arham. I think aram would be excellent, like two to two to five pm, two to six pm every day.
Speaker 1: No, that's when people are working. He's got to get the people, like the people.
Speaker 4: That are watching this aren't working.
Speaker 1: You're you're a night owl. No, you're a night owl, right, Just go from eleven pm to three am. Get those degenerates that are weirdly watching those streams. You could probably pull in a ton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you got the eyelash of the camera. You know how much I love the camera. I could I could do that, but we'll talk about it. I will talk about it. I'll consider it. That's gonna be just Baseball premium. You get prospects, right ups and ice cream cone liking.
Speaker 2: Listen. We've never really entertained the idea of a paywall. That could be our paywall type thing. It's like, hey, we're doing our pinky doll impression behind a paywall, which would be great.
Speaker 1: I mean, have you seen OnlyFans revenue in twenty twenty three. I was losing so many bets there that I was like, hey, I mean I gotta make money somehow.
Speaker 4: I think there's more demand for your bets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, himself, I would hope, So, I would hope. So you ready for the corniest transition ever? Yes, that would be not safe for work. Spencer Strider right now is not safe for Oh that was pretty good grade, real quick. Six.
Speaker 1: I was going to give it a letter grade. But if we're doing and you know what, I think that was a strong eight and a half but clever, perfect, Thank you. Arm was very like passive with the six. I was expecting like a two or three from him. So six is great. Spencer Strider. We just watched a sequence.
Speaker 2: He's got nine punchouts for four as we hit the record button against Arizona in it LANDA and right before we hopped on, we just watched a sequence to open the top of the fourth inning. Could tell Marte first pitch at the top of the fourth one O nine off the bat the other way. Acunya had like his play card, like sitting in the heel of his glove and he was on a dead sprint. It was a really good effort by Acunya. Hit off the edge of his glove, you know, kind of sat at the base of the wall. Could tell Marty with a leadoff triple first pitch of the fourth inning, Strider then strikes out Corbyn Carroll and makes him look like a low A ballplayer. He strikes out Christian Walker, makes him look like a minor leaguer, and then he strikes out Dominic Canzone, who is up from triple A. Looked like a triple A guy. Strider. They were talking about it on Brandon Goddon and his partner were talking about it on Bally Sports South and the Braves. Modern era record for k's in a season is Smoltz at two sixty seven. Stryder's gonna blow past that, and I know we did this exercise Peter with Ryan Finkelstein. Yeah, like, this guy is striking out fourteen per nine in his career. I know he's gotten blown up at points, but the best version of Spencer Stroyder looks like the best pitcher I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: He does do that to us sometimes. I mean, right now, five innings, two hits, twelve k's against the Diamondbacks, who are no slouch offensively, who won the first two games against the Braves. Right we see the Braves as these juggernauts who can never lose, who are on pace for one hundred and eight game season, one hundred and eight wins, and the Diamonbacks come in there and they're feisty. Then sometimes you get Strider when he's feeling good, and he does look like the best pitcher alive. The problem is that the start before he got run up on by the White Sox. He's been a little bit more inconsistent this season, and I think it has a lot to do with his velocity. But when you see and I think I talked about this, there was one game where I faded Spencer Schreider in some form of facet. I took an over or something, and it was based on Streider's velocity dipping below like ninety six. It wasn't the typical ninety eight ninety nine at the top of the zone. But then he threw his first pitch at ninety nine in that game that I bet on. Of course, I lost it because when Streider has that, it's unbelievable. So I kind of grimaced when you said I could he could beat John Smoltz two hundred and sixty seven. K's not because he can't rack up that many cases. It's just will the innings be there for him? But in terms of a per inning, he's gonna blow past John Smoltz. If he threw as many innings as John Smoltz did in that season, which I assume was what in the two twenties, he'd be well over three hundred strikeouts at this pace. It's just in this day and age arm our old man thoughts. In this day and age, pitchers don't go past the fifth or the sixth inning. Yeah, right now, Stre's got five IgGs, twelve k's. His pitch count is getting up there right now, I still at seventy two pitches. He might just throw. He might have twenty sharukouts in this game. It's we're speaking right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's for me even more than the velocity. I feel like it's like the command of the fastball. There's some days where he just gets he just gets launched on. Like it's really about the home runs. Twelve of his fourteen home runs this year have come on the fastball, and if you look at the spots, the majority of them are are right down the middle. And then the ones that you know kind of were just freak swings. One was a Miggie swing that I have no idea how he did that. It was that one that was off the plate inside, and then a couple just guys that cheated on on elevated fastballs and hitters counts. So for the most part, it's either a guy cheats in a hitter's count and gets it or it's missing middle. And the vast majority of his home runs are just fastballs that miss middle. So that's really it. And that's the crazy thing is as long as he keeps the ball in the yard like he's going to give you a quality start, and it just seems like when he's one of those guys to the point of being the most dominant. When he's locked in, it just seems like it's feudal to even try. There's few guys that make hitters look as silly as Spencer Strider makes them look.
Speaker 1: The only thing, Arma, and I totally agree with you. I think it is more fastball command than straight up velocity. The thing is, when he has ninety nine, I feel like he can get away with middle middle fastballs, like I've seen it, just blow fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like when he's ninety six and the command isn't there, that's when he really can get blown up. But when he's ninety nine he can miss middle and still get away with it. But these are big league hitters who can hit a bullet.
Speaker 2: So and the thing is, I think when he is ninety nine, if you close your eyes and think about Spencer Strider fastballs, you're probably viewing like, hey, top of the zone, he's getting swings underneath it, ninety nine, ninety eight upstairs. But to Arham's point, like this guy is so freaking good when it comes to east to west and north to south as well, Like I see so many ninety eights dotted on the lower outside corner to lefty bats. It's incredible from him when he's right, but when he's not right, it's down the deck and its bombs away. Courtesius stat Muse top ten in a single season for k's per nine among qualified pitchers. Strider in twenty twenty three would have if the season ended today, and this is before this start against Arizona on Thursday, the twentieth fourteen point three case per nine would be the major league record. Shane Bieber in twenty twenty is two twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Throwout, Yeah, it didn't count.
Speaker 2: Garrett Cole in twenty nineteen with Houston thirteen point eight k's pernine. That was like out of body experience the entire year. Jacob de Gramm in twenty twenty, throw it out the window. Randy Johnson in two thousand and one, Pedro Martinez in ninety nine, Chris Sale in seventeen, schures Are in nineteen. Like, that's the company that Strider's in in year two of his major league career, and it is the start that Doc Gooden had. I know that we weren't alive for Doc Gooden, but this is what I think the old heads of baseball fandom were experiencing when they experienced Doc Good and they saw a guy that was on the trajectory to become one of the greatest came in of all time. And I it sucks like I'm gonna bring him up, But I think that's exactly the feeling that I had when watching Jose Fernandez an arm. I'm sure that's the same thing that you felt too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 3: Was another one of those guys that when he was on, it was like good luck and it was musty te fun. It's exactly what Strider is. Yeah, you just laugh at the pitches that he's making. It's just it's there's a different level and there's just like this this laughable factor that's certain like just of the top top arms.
Speaker 4: In the game.
Speaker 3: Reached to Graham of course one of those guys too that it's to put it into words, but it's just like this guy's doing something that few can and Strider when he's on, he's one of those guys.
Speaker 4: On the mound.
Speaker 1: And I also want to shout out just I know we're talking a lot about Strider, but in that game right now, end of the fifth it is still zero zero because Zach Gallen, who is right now the front runner for the National League Say Young is also shoving against one of the best offenses that we've seen in the last half decade. And another guy, Corbyn Burns, just continues to dominate one four straight games for the Brewers, and with him again. Earlier in the season, his cutter velocity was down and so were a lot of his different pitches. It didn't have the same zip that it normally does. Past four starts, cutter velocity right back up to ninety five, and right now he is in the midst of a very good start against the Phillies. I just looked at there was a runner on first base and then I scrolled down two outs media double play. I mean when he's on I still think he's one of the best pitchers on the planet too. This Day in Baseball's were recording during the day games on Friday, like even Andrew abb It right now is shoving against the Giants. Just good pitching. You put out a great tweet on Twitter, Jack about uh with I think you should leave and what I should mention about that. I have gotten more dms saying I don't need to watch it. It's not as funny as people are saying. It's a very polarizing show because people are saying it's not funny at all. But I also also gotten a couple dms and people saying, you have to watch it. It's the funniest thing I've ever watched.
Speaker 2: So the YouTube comments say otherwise. I saw a couple of YouTube comments saying, you gotta watch it. I will tell you my mom, my girlfriend hate it. My dad and my brother love it with a burning passion. I have several friends that hate it. I have several friends that love it. So it's not it's not a cheeseburger, Like, nobody is going to have like a passive reaction to it. It is very black and white.
Speaker 1: Ar I'm kind of as a passive to cheeseburgers at least now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it. I like it a lot. It's it's fun.
Speaker 3: But like I'm not I'm not one of those like I'm not jack with what I think you should leave. I'm one of the rare like it but don't love it. Guys like I enjoy putting it on. But I got to be in.
Speaker 2: A certain mood, that's for sure. Yeah, So I had no personality before that. So I just kind of viewed that show as a chance to give myself a little bit of personality, and I've ran with it. So that's what I got going on. Spencer Strider generational talent, Tim Robinson generational talent, Shintaro Fujinami generational talent. And now he's the seventh inning guy for the sixth inn guy for the Baltimore Orioles. What's he gonna do here?
Speaker 1: I thought this was a good move for Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I really did, because you know, Fuji, I think people were quick to make fun of him because he's got an era in the eighths, but it was also pretty overblown that, like, oh, over his last fourteen appearances, he has like nearing a sub too era, like a very low twos and you know, he's striking out twenty five percent of guys and he's walking eight percent versus like, you know, twenty compared to twelve percent walk rate in a twelve vru through his first you know, sixteen appearances. I think it's somewhere in the middle, like you can't expect lights out set up man Shintaro Fujinami. But I thought this was a really good middle relief pickup for Baltimore down the stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just oh ahead, go ahead, Peter. No, I was just gonna read you on the stats because you mentioned at the at the top of the episode his stats through like his first eighteen games in last sixteen games. Foolish Baseball put it out. So in his first eighteen games, he said, three time All Star in the MPB. But he came over and looked like the worst pitcher that's ever told the Rubbers because he was a starter. Yeah, twelve to one to ninety RA, twenty percent k rate, fifteen percent walk rate. But then in his last sixteen games two four five ERA, twenty six percent k rate, eight percent walk rate. Location has been much better. It's just Oriels. Fans looking for dill See said you got Shintaro fu Jadabi instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know, I do. I do like the move because they literally gave up nothing. They gave up Easton Lucas, who's like, you know, a quadruple a depth arms.
Speaker 2: We got Pepperdine.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: All I know is that Easton Lucas was drafted by the Marlins, traded for Jonathan VR, who was then traded for my friend Gryff and Co. Nine, so indirectly was the first domino of bringing Griff to the Marlins.
Speaker 4: But Lucas is throwing well this year, but he's.
Speaker 3: Kind of like a lefty, crafty reliever, Like you throw him in in a spot start maybe two.
Speaker 1: Like it really was.
Speaker 3: I think a dump of salary for the Oriole or for the A's. I think they wanted to give Fujinami a shot. See how it looks. Turns out he's just a reliever. It's a one year deal. Go get a forty man arm and that's exactly what they did. But for Fuji, he has not walked a batter in ten outings, which is saying a lot, because you walked a lot of batters prior to that. Twelve k's no walks in his last ten appearances. The stuff looks good. His fastball's average ninety nine point eight miles per hour splitter averages ninety three to ninety four over that last ten start span. Like if it all clicks for this guy, and we know the Orioles had a little bit of a reliever lab going, like Fuji could be a nice little pickup for them here down down the stretch.
Speaker 2: I was right fourteenth round pick at a Pepperdine in nineteen easton Lucas. I gotta get a fucking life, man, I shouldn't know that. I like it. And I saw Jenner Cano suck in Saint Paul last year and when he had that like crazy start to the end. He's an all star with a sub too.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was shocking at the beginning, but then you see what Bautista has turned into at the age of what twenty seven was his rookie year. Last year, Cano is thirty and he's kicking ass like this twenty nine thirty like Fujin Nami can absolutely capture some of that magic. And being on a good team, I feel like might help guys. I don't know, like that's that's just a thought there. So I did like that pick up you mentioned. It's nothing. They didn't have to give up any of that world class farm. They can still go ad shit. My only worry is the Orioles. Fuji's gonna make what four and a half for the rest of this year, maybe four for the rest of this year. That's four million dollars, like they're feeling it. He signed one year nine, right, I think it's three to three the rest of the way, is it three point three? The rest of the way.
Speaker 1: My worry, just while you guys look up the contract stuff, is that the Orioles are going to keep being the Orioles and not trade anybody and not get the big time starter. At the deadline it.
Speaker 3: Was one year three point twenty five, so they're literally paying him like a million dollars the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: They will feel that too. Who did I actually fuse him with one year nine?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. It's so weird. Yeah, man, Like, I don't know they would have to pay Otani twelve. That's my worry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But are you are you guys feeling kind of the same thing as me, where the Orioles have all these prospects but then just continue to not get at the big fish at the deadline, Like, do you guys really truly think that this is finally the year where they add the big piece? Because I just keep having my doubts and it's based on past history. Maybe they do it finally, But after the fud Ghinami deal, I was like, are we just in the same thing and it's not like the Orioles absolutely need to add an arm. It would be incredibly impactful, and they should, but they're not in dire need of one, and they'll probably just look at other system being like, I think we're fine right now, and the window's just going to continue to open, and we don't need to add a Dylan Cease right. We don't need to add to Shane Bieber, We don't need to add even a lucasgi Alito. I just keep having those thoughts of we always expect the Oriols to do it, and then they never actually do it.
Speaker 2: You know, the last time do you know the last time Baltimore won the American League East.
Speaker 1: It's been a while, but Ooles fans are in first place. They're probably loving it right now. The bird bath and right field is electric.
Speaker 2: That's my answer. Last time is fourteen, Like, if you are on the cusp of doing something you haven't done since twenty fourteen, I think now is the time they push their chips in.
Speaker 1: I agree that makes logical sense, right.
Speaker 3: But well, here here's the thing, though, is what's out there if Dylan C's indeed is not available, which is we've talked about that, that's insane to me. But if he's not available, Dilito doesn't really move the needle.
Speaker 4: Jamont might. I think Jaymn's a guy that could move the needle.
Speaker 3: But then you're looking at the rental market. That really the only controllable pitcher that can help you this year is Dylan Cees that I can think of, Like, is Aaron Savali gonna do that much for you for.
Speaker 2: The Orioles especially now forearm thing going on.
Speaker 3: Stroman's a rental, but that's a rental that I think can makes sense. I think what we're gonna end up seeing the Orioles do is just get the highest prized rental, which would be Stroman and or Jamont. I think if they go get Stroman could kind of be an audition too, because I do think they're going to spend a little bit this offseason because they have their core locked up for very cheap with control for a while and they can go out. Now if they like Stroman, they can, they can extend him. They can you know, probably give him a nice offer and keep him around. And now they've got their their probably most consistent and ace, so to speak, even though he's not truly an ace. That's a good start. I think they do something like that. I think they should call on seas and try. But if he's not.
Speaker 4: Available, what else is there?
Speaker 3: There's just not really any other impactful frontline options out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a good transition into what we want to you know, talk about for the next you know, forty forty five minutes or so, is uh, you know, trade destinations for guys. And we each have three. I've got Eduardo Rodriguez, I've got Marcus Stroman and Tim Anderson Peter, which three you got?
Speaker 1: I have Shoho Tawni, I have Lucas g Alito. And then I'm trying to cook up something with the Cardinals and the Giants because they're just such a good match for each other, and that's more of a workshop. I have a huge Galaxy brain trade that I sent in the group chat got immediate two laugh emojis, so I'm probably gonna get laughed off the podcast for it. But I just got something that makes sense. So I want to workshop a Cardinals Giants trade. But then of course I have a Gelito trade and a Tani trade.
Speaker 4: That wasn't a joke.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a joke. We're talking Galaxy Brain. I mean, yeah, you're right at Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: Save that one for last, because if you do get laughed off the podcast, like, it'll come at the very end. So we get your other two.
Speaker 1: I bet if I you know mentioned, hey, I think Max shirs Are and Trade Turner are going to get included in the same deal. At the time. It might be funny. We're just talking trades. We're just talking trades.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna highlight Dylan Carlson and jam On and then I have a third one that I'm I have a a couple that I'm deciding between, depending on how the conversation goes, I'll pick the third one.
Speaker 2: Got you, I think mine are probably the least sexy. I can start with Erod if you want, and then we can just kind of go clockwise, or we can knock Mine out, Peters out, and Arms out if you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you start?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm looking at EDWARDO. Rodriguez obviously Lefty with the Tigers, and you know, he is one of the better rentals, and he just had a really good start earlier this week. I think Erod is a guy that is upping his price, possibly on the rental market. I still don't think he's going to be that impressive. I think Erod makes a ton of sense for the Houston Astros, and I want to figure out a way to get Erod to Houston. I know that there was a rumor going around about, you know, Dylan Ceese being the astros number one priority. Like, no, I don't think they have the farm to do that, especially with the control, but they have the farm to go get a rental Erod. I think they can honestly do a one for one here. Tell me if it's out landish right now, and like, this could be the Astros just bullying the Tigers and dominating this trade. If the Tigers were smart, I think I would start the conversation by asking for Clifford, for Ryan Clifford for e Rod. I don't know if they're going to do that. I trust Scott Harris to ask for Ryan Clifford. Do you think a Melton for Eduardo Rodriguez deal straight up gets it done or no?
Speaker 4: I think it could.
Speaker 3: People people really like I like Melton a lot too, and I know that people within the Astros org I was literally just talking about these guys today, as I've been kind of finalizing the top one hundred and also getting working on the Astros Top ten, I think that would get it done. Like Melton's pretty darn good and pretty well loved within that org, So yeah, I think I think that could do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think of the e Rod fit in Houston, Peter?
Speaker 1: I love the Erod fit in Houston. Right, they go down with Luis Garcia. They need starting pitching, Like Brandon Black, I don't think is the answer long term, Ronel Blanco, I don't think is the answer long term? You don't, No, I don't think so. And this isn't our normal Astros team where we're used to where it's you know, Verlander and and you know Framber is the two and then Christian Xavier throwing no hitters. Christian Xavier has really struggled this season. Like this is an Astros team where we're not really used to them really needing starting pitching. And it's not like, oh, a starting pitching, you know, a starting pitcher would just be a cherry on top of the Sunday. This is a team that at this point is desperate for starting pitching. With the decline of Christian Xavier. So I think they absolutely need Eduardo Rodriguez, and I think Scott Harris can say, we know that you need Eduardo Rodriguez, We're gonna need a little bit more. We're gonna need you to overpay. And like you said, I'm confident Scott Harris's ability not to get bullied here. Right when he traded Gregory Soto, he certainly didn't get bullied, and he's a good GM. We just haven't seen it quite on the field yet, even though the Tigers have performed above expectations, I think they're going to get a decent Hall for e Rod. But at the same time, I think the Astros are perfect fit there.
Speaker 2: All right, do we want to snake it? Somebody want to go?
Speaker 1: I'll go, okay, go ahead. So I was looking at trades for Lucasgilito because I think Dylan cees right now, I think it's like fifty to fifty. I think that's fair. Fifty to fifty he gets traded. It's almost like a coin flip at this point.
Speaker 2: With the socks ineptitude, I'd say thirty seventy he gets traded, like yeah, yeah, thirty thirty seventy or no.
Speaker 4: Thirty. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it's very unlikely.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to just sit on the most valuable asset, which is so fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Of course they would, but at this point, I think it's ninety eight to two ninety eight being yes that lucasgi Alito at least gets traded. So I look back last year, who's a team that could really use a bullpen arm and use his starter on top of it? And I look back remember when the Cardinals acquired jose Kntana and Chris Stratton in exchange for Joan Oviedo and a third base prospect, Malcolm Nunez. Malcolm Nunyez, So I was looking at okay, two prospects or Ovieda wasn't really a prospect, but he was a good young starting pitcher who at least made his debuts so far. Yeah, tweener exactly. So who's a team with a couple of tweeners right now who also have a good pharm system that could use that. So my prediction is Lucas g Alito and Kenyan Middleton to the Dodgers for Emmett Shean and then another piece, most likely now the second prospect. I don't think it has to be crazy because san is you know, he's a twenty three year old starter who does have good stuff and arm raves about the Tulsa drillers. But I was thinking, maybe you add a land and knack on top of it and call it a deal.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna say Shean's too good for that. She's not a tweener. Shean's like a big part of what the Dodgers want to do moving forward. I'm curious how low the stock is for Gavin Stone. I feel like Stone might not even be good for that, but she And I think is like not untouchable. Like if they have to go get if they have to go to part with Shean for Otani, they're gonna do it. But I think for a guy like gi Alido for a rental, I don't think they want to move she In at all.
Speaker 1: The thing is like, I wonder who they value more, Stone or Shean, because I'm looking at Shean and you know, he's had a bumpy start to the season. He's still is young, but so is Gavin Stone. And these guys, these rookie pitchers are gonna go through their ups and downs early, I personally think, and you guys can correct me if I'm wrong, of the top starting pitchers that they have is she and the guy that they would be most likely willing to move, because you are getting a guy in Lucas Gilito who has had a really good year, very similar to Jose Kintana in that sense, where Kintana was around a three to five era one of the better rentals at the deadline, very similar to Gilito. Then they got Stratton, but we're thrown in Middleton, who's been a great reliever. Maybe to sweeten the deal, they go with Kendall Graveman, Right, they go with a very good reliever in order to get Shean. But the Dodgers just have an embarrassment of riches of just really good young starting pitchers. So I thought Shean might be the odd man out in this equation. But I feel like that recipe of one of these young starting pitchers on the Dodgers plus a maybe Landin Nak is too much. Maybe like a twenty to thirtieth rank prospect. Maybe someone even outside would make the deal for a Lucasgilito and a big time reliever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they could put it together with some of those young guys. I definitely want to keep Shehan. I think he might be there.
Speaker 4: Best arm right now of the of that group.
Speaker 1: But they have who's just that group that you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Probably Miller, Stone, she and Pepio.
Speaker 4: Besides Miller.
Speaker 3: Miller is in his own Miller's graduated, starting pitcher pitches every fifth day. He's separated himself very quickly. I think she hen Stone, then you have Nack, you have Frosco, you have, you have all those guys kind of in that range, Kyle Hurt, you have. I would I would think that they could just part with one or two of any of those guys and and get it done. I don't think they need to move she at hand. But like to Peter's point, just a couple of the really solid double A to triple A starters one or in a flyer and you could probably get it done. Because those guys are all thrown really well and have pretty good value right now from that double A and triple A area.
Speaker 1: That's why like workshopping it. So do you think like a Pepio and a Knack for Gilito and Kendall Graveman, do we have a deal we have still between rick On and Andrew Friedman, Knack and Hurt.
Speaker 4: I think would get it done.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, I do. I think that we overestimate the price of rentals could be because it is two months. Like it's two months and you've got like, if you move Keenan Middleton, you got two months of Keenan, you got two months of Giolito going to La like you're swapping. I guess twelve years of service for four months of you know, help. So you got to view it in that way. I think if they were to move Gelito in Middleton, I don't think they need Graveman. If they were to go Geelito and Middleton, I think something like Frostso and NAC could get it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough. I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be great for the White Sox too, honestly.
Speaker 2: I think so, yeah, they need they need warm bodies in that system. We've talked about that.
Speaker 4: That can throw.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: I was watching The Twins yesterday.
Speaker 3: I know Peter was two, and they're a frustrating team for a lot of reasons we've talked about. We just talked about on the last episode, but their rotation right now is unbelievably good. I mean, it's just been steady and consistent. Kentemi Aida now is throwing really well now that he's healthy, six and a third of nine.
Speaker 4: K's two runs.
Speaker 3: So you've got the best producing in terms of f war rotation and baseball, and then you've got a lineup that strikes out with the worst of them, and then also really struggles against left handed pitching and the second worst WRC plus against left handed pitching Byron Buckson can't play center. They're playing Michael A. Taylor out there, They're playing Willie Castro out there. They're like platooning them. It's gross. I think they need to go get Dylan Carlson. And Carlson, you know, he's not fully becoming the player that we wanted him to be, but he's still twenty four. But the big reason why I like him is he can play in everyday center field. He is way better from the right side, which is interesting. So he would definitely help with those platoon splits. And even if you want to, you know, give him some days off, you know, against some good rieties, you can do that. But I still think he helps them a ton. One forty two WRC plus in his career against left handed pitching, he's been really good against left handed pitching again this year. The Twins, their rotation's pretty locked up for a while. Cardinals want pitching. Twins have plenty of arms that, you know, I don't think they have to worry about in the rotation. Plus, they're going to get Chris Paddock back, you know, pretty soon, which is a decent arm that just adds to the fold. So I think they could put together some sort of package around Louis Varland, who instantly could be a rotation option for the miserable Cardinals pitching situation. And then you added David Festa, who threw in the Futures Game, who I actually think that they were kind of pushing in the Futures Game to show really nasty stuff, big time upside. You throw in a third flyer piece, you know, a lower level piece, and I think that could be enough for Carlson, given that he's good. He has three years of control, but I think his value's never really been lower, and the Cardinals have made it clear that their plan is to put him on the bench potential once Tyler O'Neil comes back, which would even further deplete his value, So I think Varlin Festa and a piece could get it done.
Speaker 2: Before last week, I would have said that that is like, you still need to add more on Minnesota side to get Carlson. But after what we've heard from Ali Marmle, like you don't need dead more. It feels like they might just let him go to you for misaiel Orbino, who's got like a five fifty ops in high A right now. So I like that move a lot. The fact that that guy is already being looked at by damage good as damaged goods by his own team is despicable. On Ali Marmle is like on the hottest of hot seats ever, and only half of it has to do with what happens between the lines.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that guy just needs to shut up, honestly sometimes honestly, dude, like he's he's the most immature major league manager I've seen in years.
Speaker 4: Just rips.
Speaker 3: Dudes like that all have like pros pro reputations to Everybody loves Dylan Carlson, everybody loves Styler O'Neill. Wilson contrere is another story. Yeah, but that like it's it's shocking to me because they kind of get the same treatment as Wilson.
Speaker 4: In a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: But just going back to the Twins side of it, Twins fans have to be hurting talking about making trades at the deadline, like do they trust their general manager after trading aways Spencer Steer ed Christian Acarnacio and straand for Tyler Valley. But at the same time, that's a trade that makes a ton of sense for him. And the Twins are such an interesting team because when they're hitting, which they are right now. They're having a pretty great series against the Mariners, and it's carried over since the All Star break. They're hitting home runs and Ward Julienne is fantastic. Max Kepler's finally hitting again, you know, even from top to bottom, like Willie Castro has been hitting for them, And when Willie Castro in the seven hole is hitting, this team looks incredible because arm you talk about the pitching, right, you can go down the line in every day from top to bottom, all the way down from Joe Ryan down to Ken to Maida. You can get an ace type performance. It's Ken to Miata versus Luis Castillo, and guess who outdueled who Ken to Miaida, Like that's what they can do every fifth day. But when they aren't hitting and they're striking out at a thirty percent rate, you're like, it doesn't even matter what they get from their pitchings. But when they are hitting, it's a really really good team and they could use just another boost of a guy who doesn't strike out every yet that and is good against left handed pitching, because that's also been their problem now when they're striking out, their problems are against everyone. But also Carlson adds that element of defense too, And Varland ranks really high in like stuff plus metrics because he's got really good stuff. He just hasn't fully put it together yet. I just feel like knowing what the Cardinals have done with their pitching development, like do they get him, but do they un lock something or does he just continue to be kind of met and no matter, the Wives end up just getting the best of the deal, because I think we know at this point Dylan Carlson is not damaged goods. He's just a good player who struggled a little bit last season when I think he was going through an injury, and I.
Speaker 3: Think he's everything they need to Like Peter said, like just a glue guy that they need. They need something in the middle of all these all these big whiffs and big boppers, and they need somebody that they can kind of just put out there in the outfield and not have to really think about it. And if that guy's even your nine hitter, as like a second leadoff, he's in a position where he can thrive.
Speaker 4: I think he needs a change of scenery.
Speaker 3: I really do think it'll be beneficial for him to just get out of Saint.
Speaker 4: Louis and I've been go thrive. I really do you know?
Speaker 2: He feels super Marshy, he feels super branded Marshie Ye and Brandon marsh was he was hitting ninth in the World Series? Was he not?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it was eighth or nine. Like he is totally Brandon marsh of this year. So I think that's pretty spot on. Real quick, before we move on, have you noticed what all the older announcers are calling Edward Julienne. They're calling him Eddie Julian like they don't want to learn how to say it, like with a French twang at all, Like Edward Julien is like pretty easy to say. But they're just like Oh yeah, American baseball name Eddie Julian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Eddie Juliet sounds like you could play for like the nineteen twenty Philadelphia A's or something like Eddie Julian takes the gets up to the plate with like enormous wool pants like Eddie Juliant.
Speaker 2: Though, I think we should just call him by his name and like how you're supposed to say his name. But okay, I'm going to take you guys to Marcus Stroman. I saw that the Rays are quote doing their homework on Stroman, and I want to attach some sort of idea to this because I think that is a perfect fit. It was not like Morosi or Hayman that was saying like, oh rais have checked in. It was Patrick Mooney and Sahada Sharma who covered the Cubs for the Athletic and they said it like in a podcast conversation. They said, the Rays, you know, could have interested in Bellinger and Stroman, but they've done their homework on Marcus Stroman, and I think that's a good fit because the Rays need availability in the rotation so bad. You think about how volatile that rotation is, how talented it is, but how volatile like they should be clamoring for Zach Efflin two point zero, and I think that's Stroman. I think Strowman embodies reliability. He embodies six innings per start, seven innings per start of two run ball. He's gonna roll ground balls. He's going to strike out, you know, five guys and seven innings, and he's going to give you an opportunity to win if you have a good offense. We also know that they can deal with those loud personalities. We already saw the Wander Franco thing pop up, and they took care of it in a very quiet way, in a non ali marmole way. They took care of an immature Wander Franco moment. I think they can handle a guy that like you know, has you know it, has loud actions in the clubhouse and Strowman. So I think that this rental fit is perfect for a team that just needs good pitchers in the starting rotation consistently.
Speaker 4: I also think he wants to win. You see that.
Speaker 3: I mean talk about a guy that always just rises to the occasion on the big stage. I think they're gonna get You're always getting a really good version of Stroman right now. But I think you get the best out of Stroman if he's pitching meaningful baseball games for the Rays and he's gonna git free agency. That's the kind of guy that I could see the Ray's paying because it's not going to be out of this world money. And honestly, I know Stroman just kind of wants to hunker down in one more place and kind of play his days out there. From everything I've I've seen him say, what better place than a team that's perpetually in I would say in the Hunts and pretty competitive. And that's for a guy that has kind of struggled to play for competitive teams over the last.
Speaker 4: Couple of years.
Speaker 2: Can I give you a one for one idea, Ronda? No, but Sabe, I think that's enough.
Speaker 4: But Sabe might not be enough.
Speaker 1: And Meisner, it's just Cubs fans aren't gonna be excited with that return for Marcustra been considering he has more years of control.
Speaker 4: No, he he really doesn't.
Speaker 2: Though he's got a player option hell opped out.
Speaker 1: He might opt out. It's a good point he will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hmm, it's a rental.
Speaker 1: I know, But that God, that's just such a boring return, but it might it might be the answer. But I know they alre to get rid of Marcus Stroman when they're still somewhat in it in the division. You know, the Reds there, they went on that Coultrie where the Milwaukee Brewers kind of bullied them a little bit, and then the Brewers themselves have their own issues, but they've been playing much better baseball. Like if the Cubs were to trade their ace, even though I think Justin Steele at this point is their ace, but Steels coming off a really rough outing gets the Red Sox, but that doesn't take anything away from his a status, but one of their aces, like kind of arm said, like would is Manzardo too much? Like we got to give Cubs fans, you know, something for Stroman at least, I mean.
Speaker 4: Rental season man I Willie Vasquez.
Speaker 3: Oh, they need to They need to clear a forty spot, so that that's the thing. So I think it's got to be either Bruhan, Arnda, Rene Pine would probably be of interest. They could use some catching help along with Amaya, but I think they should they should just play Amya more. I think Ronda and and A in another piece, Ronda and Blake Hunt or something like that. Is is good enough, Ronda. They can plug right in right away. They just need bats and he's a guy that can obviously swing it and he's big league ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know it's sad. I know it's underwhelming. I know like this disappointed, dejected look right now.
Speaker 1: Because I feel for Cubs fans. It's you know, they're They're a tough team to evaluate because they're not out of it, but they're in it either. And to trade Stroman and not get like if I'm the Cubs personally and I'm trading Stroman, no, yeah, I mean Junior Kevendaro would be fucking amazing. Not him, but like I would like at least a man Zarto. I would rather have like one top like one great prospect, rather than like three decent ones which may just end up not doing it. And maybe I'm just hoping for more. That's probably where I'm coming from, more than like the actual what makes sense. But I'm just saying, if I'm a Cubs fan and I'm trading Marcus Stroman, i want one of the best prospects you can give me, rather than two like decent ones. Maybe one ends up being a big leaguer, like I want one great piece, but it is a rental because he will opt out. It's just a tough situation, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: So tell me, let's play again. I'm gonna run through like the high price pieces in the in the raised system. Yeah and arm you tell me if Eric Neander hangs up the phone, if if Jed Hoyer asks for this Manzardo hang up?
Speaker 1: Is he hanging up for Stroman? Straight up? They traded Joe Ryan for Nelson Cruz, anything could happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they didn't know that that was coming with Joe Ryan.
Speaker 1: It was a yeah. But they're on a forty man crunch right now too.
Speaker 4: But that's not a forty man player.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, Curtis mead fuck now exactly. Yeah, h Cameron Arow hang up immediately?
Speaker 4: Can and Arrow on blocking?
Speaker 2: Yes, trade cars? No, Xavier Isaac dude exactly. So then the next options are Mason Montgomery, Slavis, Basave our Cole Wilcox like Basabe I think is the best of the bunch, and he plugs in immediately. Basabe is a triple a guy that can play third, short and second. You've got Dansby out right. Now you need a third basement of the future because it looks like Morell is not good enough at third base to play third base. I think bisab is the answer here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess if I'm Jed Hoyer, I'm just like, is it enough? I might just trying to extend him then, Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: They they had their opportunity.
Speaker 4: They they don't want to pay him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they came out and said that they are probably not going to extend it by the deadline, which makes us think he's gonna get traded. This is a weird spot. Fine, it will trade the eleventh rank prospect for Marcus Stroman.
Speaker 2: All right, Peter, who's your next one?
Speaker 1: So I'll end with the Otani trade. Let's workshop my galaxy brain one. So when I look at the Giants, a report came out that Farhan Ziety is going to be an aggressive buyer. Now I don't know if I fully buy the report, because the Giants are really smart, they know what they're doing. But there was a report that came out that the Giants are going to be aggressive buyers, and I don't see why not. The Dodgers aren't exactly the same juggernaut that they once were. We're seeing Julio Reis the line right before our eyes. We're seeing him get beaten the hell up by the Baltimore Orioles, which, in the Orioles credit have a great offense. But this has been continuous starts of a guy who finished second in Analysai Young voting, who's now rocking an era in the mid fours, and it's not looking like it's getting any better. It may by the end of the season, but right now it's not. They have issues the Diamondbacks. Again, we talk about a team that I think is due for regression. Are they going to run away with the division? Probably not. They're a great team, They're probably end up making the playoffs, but you know they're not perfect. So the Giants I think see a reasonable window of making the playoffs. So I understand being aggressive buyers, but I think their main issue right now is the bats. Right They're getting production from guys but one through nine in their offense, Like when you get down to the six hitters, it just gets a little bit boring down there. And I know the Cardinals would be willing to part with bats. And when I look at a Giant system. I see a lot of really really good arms. So my galaxy brain was thinking, well, the Cardinals want to get rid of a guy, not get rid, but they're willing to trade a guy like Tyler O'Neill, and they have Mason Wynn coming up the pipeline. I don't know how much longer they're gonna stick with Paul de Young. I know he's available too, So I was trying to workshop a trade, a big time trade with Tyler O'Neill and Paul Deong heading to San Francisco because Brandon again, sorry.
Speaker 4: That's like an oxy moron.
Speaker 3: What big time trade with Paul de Youong and Tyler O'Neill headed to San Francisco.
Speaker 1: I think that's a big time trade. Paul de Young is having a pretty solid season for the Cardinals this year, and Tyler O'Neal has it has a lot of upside to him.
Speaker 4: I think, does he like do people even still look at him like that at this point anymore?
Speaker 2: I watched him get blown up by Kyle Nicholas and Triple a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: All right, so maybe it's not a big time trade. I still think it's a pretty sizable deal. No, You're getting two big leaguers that play every day exactly so, and they could use some outfield help and they could use some infield help. So I'm just trying to workshop what kind of prospects would be going over in a deal like that, because maybe it's not a blockbuster. Maybe people are more down on Tyler O'Neill, but maybe he just needs a change his scenery. Maybe in his head, Olie Marmal got in his head and he's just kind of not checked out. But I don't think he's fully checked in with the way the Cardinal season is gone and then your manager calling you out for not hustling, Maybe could just use a change of scenery. And I still do see a ton of talent in there, and Paul Deung is a serviceable big leaguer. So those two guys heading to San Francisco, what would it cost? I guess is my problem because I'm not truly sure, But I think those two pieces make a lot of sense for San Francisco, right.
Speaker 2: I think we initially laughed at the message because you had wizen Hunt in that deal, and that would be like addressed if I'm if I'm San Francisco, I'm not moving wizen Hunt for.
Speaker 1: Anybody phenomenal futures game. I was thinking, like, maybe would Carson wizen Hunt, maybe by himself do it for those two big leaguers Probably a little bit too much too.
Speaker 2: And the thing is like he looks better than Kyle Harrison does this year, just objectively better, like he may could he hop Harrison arm?
Speaker 4: It's possible.
Speaker 3: I mean, if Harrison keeps walking seven for nine that The crazy thing is this, Kyle Harrison's a year younger than him in a so and Kyle Harrison's strikeout numbers are still absurdity.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'll ever fully fully pass him, but he's definitely the second best arm in the system.
Speaker 1: But pretty margin, we'll surround it around Reggie Crawford. Oh right, I don't think they want to Crawford. Yeah, I think it would be more underwhelming than you think. I think it could be a Mason Black, Vaughan Brown, Haido Pomaris trade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be a lot, I think, But like, is that a needle mover?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, these these prospects are good, but you're getting too MLB ready obviously MLB ready players, you know, does months, in my opinion, have ulsar upside.
Speaker 2: What's hard for me is like how badly did the San Francisco Giants want to win in twenty three? Like we've talked about how much money they have coming off the books, Like they may just look at this like, hey, cool, we're winning, We're contending for a wildcard spot. Just wait till twenty four when we throw eight hundred million thousand dollars at everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think if you're a free agent too, do you want to go to a team that you know is clearing the books and maybe they make a bunch of moves next year?
Speaker 2: So I get what you're saying there, but think about like Texas got yes is from Corey Seger and Semion in that same scenario books clear starting from scratch. You want to be a part of this?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just think Ben Ark could go, Ben Arc could go. Yeah. Is Reggie Crawford so untouchable that just like a package just with him for those two guys is just way overdoing it?
Speaker 4: Like easy?
Speaker 3: They just drafted him in the first round off TJ and he's you just got promoted to hya he's hitting and pitching. I think that you know, they just invested a lot of money into him, probably want to see what he can do. But I think Paul De Young's gonna get his option to clin next year, so you're gonna get him for a couple of months in decline the option, and then Tyler O'Neill you would have for the rest of this year, assuming he's healthy, and then next year. But they also are attached to Mitch Tanneger, another often injured outfielder, for the next several years as well.
Speaker 2: And they have a mutual on Conforta. Do we know it's not a player. It's a mutual, right.
Speaker 3: I think it's a mutual, So it's it's a little crowded, but I I do think if they did, like ben Nar and somebody else, I think that the Cardinals would take that and run for Paul De Young and Tyler O'Neill.
Speaker 2: At this point, it's a player at eighteen for Conflorido, and I think he might opt into one year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely will opt into that.
Speaker 2: He did me. That sounds great. Eight dollars.
Speaker 1: That sounds great for a guy like Michael Colflorido. Yeah, no, just trying to think because they do need bats, Cardinals are willing to deal bats. Farronse Adi said he would be aggressive and maybe, like, you guys are much deeper into the prospect stuff, so I refer to your guys' opinion on each individual guy whether he makes sense. I'm just looking at tiers of prospects and who potentially could make sense for a guy with all star level upside and a Paul de Young who's definitely better than Brandon Crawford is right now. And like, if farronse AIDI didn't come out and say that he would be aggresive buyers, I wouldn't be looking to aggressively buy for the San Francisco Giants. But now I'm looking too aggressively by and those two guys immediately impact the lineup. It's just with you guys, it's tough. Every prospect's amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you're not, Yeah, you're not trading a twenty twenty two first round pick for Paul de Young and Tyler O'Neal.
Speaker 1: Like, we're actually like Tyler o'neils chop liver over here, he kind of is. I don't think he's chopped liver I think, I think, I think.
Speaker 2: His value is lower than Dylan Carlson.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I mean Dylan Carlson, you know, much younger, more years of control, and.
Speaker 2: Way less volatile too. Like Tyler O'Neal could strike out thirty five percent of the time.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, but Tyler O'Neil is also the guy that could completely switch it around and be the four star caliber outfielder. It's kind of like it's a big upside pick for the Giants. It's not quite swinging for the fences, but it could end up being that piece that puts you over the edge. Right.
Speaker 3: I just think the ship is kind of sailed, Like we had one good year from him and that's it. He was bad and twenty nineteen stint, he was bad in twenty twenty, he was good and really good in twenty twenty one while striking out thirty one percent of the time, then.
Speaker 4: Bad last year and bad and hurt this year.
Speaker 3: So I got I don't I don't know if anybody really wants Tyler O'Neil at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but have you seen his body?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you he's so hot. I I have.
Speaker 4: Seventy WRC plus and eight triple a games as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was striking out a billion times. And Indy last week it was it was fascinating before we hoped to arms next trade. Jared Kelnick broke his foot after kicking a water cooler last night. According to Ryan.
Speaker 4: Divish, Dude, are you serious?
Speaker 1: That's really yeah, that's really bad. I mean, do we just sell Mariners stock at this point? I mean what are we doing? I mean they're not even pitching well, like the bullpen is imploding, They're not hitting at this point. It's like we keep HIPing them up. We keep hyping them up. And it's honestly, when I say we it's mostly led by me.
Speaker 4: We're all in.
Speaker 2: And when Kirby goes seven innings a one run ball tonight against Minnesota, I'm all the way back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But then Pablo goes seven innings to shut out because Americas can't hit.
Speaker 2: The Twins, and coltland Wong goes oh for four with five.
Speaker 1: It's like Georgia Courber is probably gonna pitch great, like Luis Castillo pitched pretty well. They still lost six to three because Munjos came in and blew it and Tom Murphy dropped the ball. For a pass ball and the Twins ended up winning, thankfully for me. I was on Twins Mondy because I'm watching the Maritors. I'm like, even with your best arms, like what your minas won sixty favorites, They're just not as good as I want them to be. And there I said it. They're not as good as I want them to be. Mariners fans. And your fricking lefty who looked like Babe Ruth through April and May has now started striking out all the time. And they just kicked a water cooler and he broke his foot. Julie Rodriguez, I'm waiting, Typhrien, waiting, waiting, waiting the league leaders. That strikeouts is like it's bad hip up there hitting. What's going on? Cal raw He does kind of look at.
Speaker 4: He does kind of look.
Speaker 2: Like me up there, honestly, man, all right, what's your next one?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The banners are really running my day.
Speaker 4: It's really I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: Peter I took off my Mariners, had to put on my just baseball hat.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna send Aaron Savali to the Arizona Diamondbacks because they just need they just need some some depth.
Speaker 4: They just need an arm h.
Speaker 3: And I think they need some control. So I'm sending Aaron Savali to the d Backs going the other way. There's a few different ways we can workshop this one, but I think A J. Vukovich is a perfect trade chip.
Speaker 1: Too much, that's that's too much.
Speaker 3: Well, you got multiple years of control, multiple years of control of Savali. He's pitching really well this year. I look at what the d Backs could part with. I think Vukovich is a guy that's performing at a high level.
Speaker 4: You could move maybe, you mean when if.
Speaker 3: It requires it, But he's kind of pitching out of his mind right now. I'd move him in this deal. I would, But even if that's too much, you could do like a Justin Martinez Slay Chaconi and then aj Vukovic, like any kind of combination of that. I think Chacconi's a guy that'll really benefit from getting out of the PCO, and I think the Guardians could help unlock something with him. He's kind of a Dada darling pitcher still just turned twenty four. I think Chaconi and Vukovich for Savali could get it done.
Speaker 1: You see, like this podcast isn't doing enough numbers right now? How about Corbyn, Carroll In, Gavin Williams, bow Naylor and Jose Ramirez. Let's just fuck some shit up.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking. I think I think that's not sexy enough. So let's put a kuna on the Yankees. Yes for and harr perfect. No. I think that's a good deal. I think it gets it done. I do you think you have to add Savally is a guy that honestly looked like a DFA candidate not long ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know Savale's value, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, do you think you need to add more than Vukevich? I don't think you do.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Peter, where do you value Aaron Savally? I know you're you're you're You're Guardians correspondent.
Speaker 1: I've watched way too many of their fucking games this year.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Yeah, how much would you what would you give up for an on your team if you need a pitching It's so funny.
Speaker 1: There's a part of me that would rather have Ern Savali than Lucas Gilido. I mean, I think Aaron Savally is is just very safe. I think he gets you through in it.
Speaker 4: I think he just keeps.
Speaker 1: All on the ground and he allows himself contact and he's just He's just I can put my head on the pillow and know that Aeron Savali is pitching, and I'm like, I got a chance to win. I know, I said that on the last podcast. Look as Giltto, there's always the chance of just getting fucked. On Savali, there's way less of that chance. So I think he's actually gonna garner a bigger return than we think because I think he's just a solid ass pitcher and kind of has been solid except for these like stretches where he looked obviously hurt, like this stuff was down. He didn't look like himself, But he is looking like himself right now. Yeah, I think Eron Savally, I like that you mentioned Hi Marton because I think he might be the most underrated arm at this deadline that's gonna get a bigger return than people might think.
Speaker 3: Well, because to your point, he's one of the only guys with control too that are probably gonna get moved. So you know, I was looking at the Reds and I'm like, the Reds aren't gonna give up what they you know, what's necessary to get somebody like Savali, I think they want to rental one. Honestly, I know you look surprised with that point by Peter Jack, but like I actually agree Giulito. I don't feel good about every fifth day. I mean, and I know he has better better peaks, like the peaks are definitely better, but I don't really need peaks as much. If I'm the d Backs, I need someone to help me kind of get to the promised land and then you know, in the playoffs, just seven arm that I know if he has to come in, and if he isn't going to totally cook me when it comes to, you know, putting him in, Like I know he's not gonna just cook me. I can lean on somebody like Zach Gollan, I can lean on a healthy maryle Kelly and go from there. I think it's Vukovic and then with the control, I think Slay CHACONI I'm gonna stick with that one. I think that's a pretty pretty darn good return for the d Backs or excuse me, for the Guardians, because they get a guy that can play all over, has been really producing offensively, really good athlete. He was a big time football and basketball player in Vukovic and then DRACONI. I'm telling you they'll turn him into a four or five type pretty easily. And he's close to big league retty, so just another arm for them in the fold.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, yes, and you guys sold me. I think that I was victim of sex appeal when it came to di Alito's name, because gi Alito was like good at one point, and Savali has never been really good at one point. He's just been like yeah.
Speaker 1: Fally no, yeah, those boring guys, but like sometimes boring pays. Oh yeah, like give me five.
Speaker 2: Especially on the hills, especially on the mound.
Speaker 1: Just so safe and just pretty good. Like Jilido. I don't think his peaks are enough to like vault the Diamondbacks to another level, but his valleys could end up really hurting you so bad valleys.
Speaker 2: Best peak in baseball so far this year probably Lance ln and a tech performance. Right. The peaks are peaks are hot as fuck for Lance Linn.
Speaker 1: Okay, at one game or the Meridor starters and bullpen all pitch well and they hit that one time.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, crazy, I bought it. Okay, uh my last one. We each have one more Tim Anderson's on the move. Tim Anderson has to be on the move. Tim Anderson is a shell of the value of what he held coming into this year. I think this is the chance for one of the best teams in baseball to go at a shortstop. And I think the Dodgers are still perfect for Tim Anderson. I don't think they need to pay much at all. And I think the White Sox fans are gonna be pissed. And I think that Rick han is initially going to ask for a lot because of the name recognition of Tim Anderson and the team USA second baseman Tim Anderson. But that's not the Tim Anderson you're getting right now. And if there's any team that can take Tim Anderson and turn him back into that batting title guy, I think we know who it is. It's the team that turned Jason Hayward back into an eight hundred ops guy. So ta to the Dodgers. Four frosso straight up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is one of those moves where I'm okay giving trash and Frosto's not trash. Tim Anderson has been horrible and not just oh, you know, he's having a down year. He's been arguably baseball's worst player, like you do not have to give up much for him, and White Sox fans like, oh, now we're going to sell him right like not after he hit three thirty, Now we're going to sell. But he's hitting two forty. Oh, White Sox fans, I'm sorry. And also just before we keep moving on and you know how we were slurping Spencer Schreider six innings, four earned. Dimbacks are now winning five to three. Gallot out dealinggum.
Speaker 4: Was it a home run?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Home run?
Speaker 1: See exactly what happened? So the d Backs home run by Emmanuel Rivera three run bomb off Strider or oh no, it might have been his just third of the year. We're not watching. Don't sue me. We got Emmanuel Rivera, Corbyn, Carrol Off, Kirbyates whatever he blew.
Speaker 2: Its scoring plays right now. Dominic Canzone first big league homer in the seven. It took it to the seventh. Bottom six. Gallon allowed a solo shots to Orlando Arcia. Can Zone first big league home off. Uh yeah, off Strider. That was a three run shot, and then solo homer for Emmanuel Rivera a hit her later.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, until he gets killed man it's that's the only way you gotta catch one. By the way, Elie de la Cruz just threw a ball ninety nine point eight miles per.
Speaker 2: Hour relay on a relay awesome.
Speaker 1: I hate the way Twitter sometimes acts about Ellie de la Cruz, not when he does good things. I think everybody you know rallies around those good things, except for some people, like he'll do something and we'll tweet out, like Ellie day la Cruz, look at this throw, how amazing is Just watch this clip and people like yabab be struck out your bat before yeah got off, dude, Like, just shut up, just watch the cool highlight you yeahad I hate that.
Speaker 4: I agree, No, that that's that's Bad's absolute facts.
Speaker 2: You think Anderson for frostso is fair?
Speaker 4: I almost think it's an overlay.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna, honestly, for Tim Anderson, I'm gonna give you the same treatment that I just gave Peter. I honestly think that's an overpay because, like, honestly, Frosso is seen by some as like a top one hundred guy, and.
Speaker 2: Who is taking on ta who want a team that doesn't need him? Frankly, who else is.
Speaker 3: So if I offer, if I offer Land and Knack, who's beating it. Who's coming in and beating my offer?
Speaker 2: Probably the fucking Mets.
Speaker 1: I just spit, almost spit out by water, because we're talking about in twenty twenty three that a guy who almost is a top one hundred is an overpay for Tim Anderson, like just the free fall. I know that, I know so sad.
Speaker 3: And also the other point, and I'm really glad what that we've had these conversations because like I've been just digging into this for months now. I think it's really good that we've just had these thought exercises because I don't think people realize most of these assets aren't that good at the trade deadline, Like it's good players that can help you, but from a pure trade value perspective, most of these guys aren't worth much and they're either underperforming, they're hurt, or they don't have control or all of it. And so you're in a spot here where, like I know we're wired to like trade top prospects, but I actually think this is gonna be one of the deadlines where notable players will get moved, but the returns are gonna be asked, and everyone's gonna be like what the hell?
Speaker 1: And you know what, the more I think about this, the more I think these notable players, gams are gonna get on the phone and the gms are gonna be like arm and be like we're not gonna give you what you want, and nothing's gonna fucking happen. Like everyone gets so excited every trade deadline, like Otani's gonna get traded. I'm probably gonna pitch and Otani trade and next thing we know, he's just not traded because already, Marna, I'm gonna talk about it in a little bit. But a lot of these guys just don't get moved, Like Aaron Savali gets moved and that that's the deadline, and Jason Foley like a lot of teams unload bullpen arms and like that's it, Like that's sometimes what happens at these deadlines is that a lot of top players are put in articles for clicks. One of them gets traded, a couple of three four starters gets traded, and a couple of big bullpen pieces get traded for actual good prospects, and then we react to them and we're like, why they trade that prospect, that prospects ends up being good, and then that's the trade deadline. So it's fun to talk about and you know, throw rumors out there, but really what we're left with that most trade deadlines is a fuck ton of nothing. That's normally what happens. Yeah, we talk about trade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now let's let's segue to the trade of the best player of all time.
Speaker 2: If you want to save the Otani one for last yeah, okay, so arm you go.
Speaker 3: So this is this is a rental move too, but this will probably be one of the most expensive rental moves out there, and I think there's a team that can justify it very easily. I know the Padres are were plying better right now, and I just I'm I want to see them kind of fall apart so that this trade can go down, because this trade would amp me up.
Speaker 4: Blake's now to the Orioles. I just I would love that more than anything.
Speaker 3: And I think with where the Orioles are at in terms of how they're performing this season, on top of the fact that their system is so damn good, I think they can pay for the steepest rental. Like if you're the Reds you're not paying for the steepest rental. If you're you know, some of these other teams that are playing well, even the Giants, like, you're not paying for the steepest rental. I really think it makes sense for the O's and they can even consider extending him. He's going to be a free agent again. It's another trial period for the Orioles. I would love to see the O's go get Snell and give up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of what a couple months of one of the guy that's pitching like one of the best pitchers in baseball may look like it's ultimately just going to be a bidding war. But if I offer Connor Norby and you know, a solid mid level prospect, is anyone going to top that for a couple months of blake'snew.
Speaker 2: Would you do Norby and McDermott. Yeah, yeah, I don't know who's topping that.
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone really could.
Speaker 3: And the Orioles wouldn't even feel it, not, not not even remotely.
Speaker 2: They might that they made the trait, it's like, oh, it still won't do it.
Speaker 1: They still won't do it. Knowing the Orioles even though that makes total sense that they should.
Speaker 4: They'll say, now it's two months, we don't We're building for the future here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like McDermott and Norby is a great return for a rental, like unbelievable return. So I'm about a guy that in Norby that could play second base for them tomorrow if they needed it. And you know, you're you're seeing somebody like, uh, why am I John a blank?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Jake crodin Worth struggling like pretty badly. I think they could just use another solid infield back. We'll see if they're going to retain uh, we'll see if they retain Hassum Kim after this year. But again, I think it's just good to get a good bat and just a solid prospect. But even if it's not Norby, like, you could interchange a lot of different other you know, prospects that are kind of in that range, and Judd Fabian may be of interest. There's I think they could especially after drafting drafting somebody in that plays the outfield as well. You know, I think that that kind of makes it feel a little bit better. They went out and you know, they've they've drafted several of hitters still in Beavers, and then I don't know, I just feel like I feel like they're kind of fine in the outfield, So especially after drafting Bradfield, they might just be fine. And and they're loaded out there right now. Could be a good time to catch it on Fabian and you know, but it might be a lot for rental.
Speaker 1: Tony time.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: So I have two teams that we've talked about before that I want to workshop what they could do. But I want to kind of talk about what I've been hearing about the Otawni trade in general. So Artie Moreno, the owner of the Los Angeles Angels, says that he does not want to trade Otanni to the Dodgers. He has come out and he's basically said, we are not trading him to our neighbor. We're just not going to do it right. And I even if it like impacts the team more, even if they could give the best offer, they just don't want to train him to the Dodters. So I kind of took the Dodgers out of the equation. Another team that we talked about, the Rangers. I cannot see them trading sho Hao Tani within the division. I just cannot see it right. The Yankees have been floated. The Yankees suck. They're not fucking trading for Otani. They just aren't. If they do, I would love that would be the most love of being wrong of all time.
Speaker 2: You guys should fucking boom him after a week.
Speaker 1: I know, after a week he give them two ruds and six innings that we boom off the field, he'd probably want to leave it their reside anyway. So he's not getting traded to the Yankees. So who are the two other teams that make a lot of sense? The Giants and the Rays? And we could definitely workshop those two teams. But I got a plums pick, I got a classic Peter Apple. Ain't gonna happen. But it's a damn fun conversation and it kind of makes sense. The Philadelphia Phillies. Oh and I'll tell you why. So First, Dave Dombrowski is a crazy man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't give a shit about leveraging the farm and giving up for a big piece like Otani. Like I bet Dave Dombrowski is sitting in his office right now and being like nobody's talking about us, and he's just there's something brewing in that stomach of his. And to add O Tawni to the fold with this Phillies team that is just on the rise, that could be one of the things where it's like, yeah, we made it to the World Series. We're trying to win this shit this year. So I could see Dave Dombrowski, And remember, Dave Dombrowski does things that nobody ever expects and he just overpays, and it doesn't make a lot of sense when we're talking about logical things.
Speaker 4: No, I'm there that.
Speaker 1: History there between Dobrowski and the Angels. They made a trades before, So who are the players that would be involved? And remember, if I'm Dave dom Browski, we gotta think inside the brain of dumb he's over paying, and I'm a guy when we're doing these mock trades, I'm always over paying anyway. So yeah, Dobrowski and I could definitely go get a beer. We talk about trading everybody out to the Sun for showy Otani, So who would be those prospects? Painter is getting Tommy John and I just don't think the Phillies would trade him, And I think I'm putting him out of there. But it has to start with Mickabel. It just does like Mickabel another top pitching prospect. And if Aaron Nola leaves in free agency, I mean the Phillies, like Dobrowski will give Otadi like seven hundred trillion dollars. I truly think that he might end up doing that. Does it make sense again, probably not. Does Dombrowski do things that don't make a lot of sense? Absolutely, and it works. They go to the World Series. So I'm thinking Mickabel and then this is where I need your guys's help. But if the Phillies were to trade for Otani Mickabel, like, would they put Griff McGarry in there? And then would it be a guy like Roha who's an outfielder's twenty two years old?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's actually good. That was pretty solid. It's so much, it's so much it has to be.
Speaker 1: For a rental, but like it's it's the greatest player in team sports. I said that on Twitter and people were like, what about Connor McDavid. Connor McDavid, Yeah, is he the greatest goalie in hockey?
Speaker 2: He's not even a goalie. He doesn't move exactly.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying if he was also the one of the best hockey Yeah, right, Like it's not Yannis, it's not your kitsch, it's not Mahomes, it's Mahomes. Mahomes. No, No, because how the defense, How's how's mahomes ability to play cornerbacker, linebacker? This is the greatest player in team sports. So it is a rental. And Dombrowski just feels like that dude that nobody's talking about, I'm like, we got it. We got to bring him up somehow because there's no way that he is a good See.
Speaker 3: We have had him draft way too quiet. It's a good point, like we've walked nobody to the Phillies. They're playing good ball, they're in the high they're gonna do some shit. Yeah, Like Dobrowski's probably itching to give up Ben Brown for Robertson again. He's itching to do something like that. Who Jack just saw a shove the other day.
Speaker 2: Shove.
Speaker 1: There's a NEBRASKI doesn't even know who bick Able is. He's just a tab on a piece of payper And he's like, oh, yeah, he's got a great number. Is perfect. Let's give for let's give for Otai. He's the George Steinbrenner. That's what I miss with the Yankees. Cash Man's like, oh, our eighth and ninth ranked prospects, I'm pretty close fucking shut up, Nerd trade some of these prospects for big time guys. That's why I like Dombrowski and I'm a Phillies guy now way.
Speaker 2: So do you think perryman Asian would do this. I'll give you Otani, but I need able. I don't want other prospects though, I want a big leaguer. Give me Mick Abel and Bryson Stott for Otani.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that, and that just made my stomach turn because I love Bryson Stott and like or that. Josh Harrison's your second basement in the World Series. I mean maybe Josh Harrison's been in some great rundowns.
Speaker 2: Sosa is your second of the World Series. Yeah, Sorber can play second. Yeah, actually no, you.
Speaker 4: Would back behind the dish.
Speaker 2: Yes, Schwarbert Catcher as soon as Harper's ucl is fine, put him at third and put Bom at short.
Speaker 1: Fuck it, we're just gonna hit. Yeah, we'll get up the ruds. We just got out hit him.
Speaker 3: JT was drafted as a short stop. Maybe they could stick him there.
Speaker 2: Do you think like I could. I could absolutely see Perry Manassian doing that and saying like, we need a big.
Speaker 1: Leaguer, would it be? I mean, do you think no, they won't? Like but I think I'm just looking at the rotation, like if the Angels want an arm two ready now, Like, it's not Nolah Wheeler, Like I know it's not Sures either, it's not. Obviously it's not. It's a Christopher Sanchez that ain't that ain't pushing the button. So it's like, is it Ranger?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Because no, So it has to be these prospects. And I don't know, like we can workshop the Rais and the Giants, right they could actually make it off or that makes sense for the podcast help us sleep at night, be like, oh we were so safe with that one. Great job boys, you know what I'm saying. But I think the Phillies could really make a splash here. It's just it's one of those teams that's too damn quiet right now.
Speaker 3: Well, I will say this too, Mick Abel's a really talented arm and top one hundred prospect, no doubt, but he's not like in this tier of his own, like Andrew Paynter even without the Tommy John Like, I'm not trading him in and Otani rental deal because Painter is was right there with Yuri.
Speaker 4: They were neck and neck, and.
Speaker 1: If trading Holiday and yeah, it's just like.
Speaker 3: It's it just doesn't seem like it makes enough sense unless you're getting a superstar for four or five years. So you know, if it was a Sodo deal, then then we're talking. But Abel is struggling with command, like the numbers have still not been that great. He could figure it out and be a really good starter, but there's still plenty of risk there, Like there's a chance that you might not even think about it at all in a couple of years if you move Able and McGarry's another guy with horrible command by the way, uh, and then Rojas, like those are three guys that you know for the Angels to get that for rental phenomenal that's great. Able is instantly their best pitching prospect, and you've got, you know, two other pieces that are big for you, and Rowas could end up playing center field for you. Is Trout maybe starts to slow down and move elsewhere in DH A lot so well better than trout Now, yeah, maniac is legitimately better.
Speaker 4: But also one more note on this, Peter former.
Speaker 3: The line of communications here, the line of communications here. They've traded together. Perry and Dombrowski specifically worked out a trade that most teams would not agree to. You know how hard it is to get your prospect from my prospect. We talk about that all the time, or your youngster for my youngster. I always like my youngster more than your youngster. And if I don't like my youngster more than your youngster, then I'm wary because I'm like, what do you know that I don't?
Speaker 4: So that marsh for ohappy swap. I mean there's some.
Speaker 3: Amic ability here, So I'm I'm like, this is your some of your best Galaxy brain work, Peter.
Speaker 1: One of them's got a hit.
Speaker 4: Yes, should we fly through like a raise one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like the Rays actually make.
Speaker 1: The most sense. But I keep thinking to myself, like are the Giants you know, according to you guys, every Giants prospect is the best player of all time, So I can't trade any of those.
Speaker 2: The Rays is the main thing.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's how I heard it, So that's all I'm thinking about it. So the Rays their top prospects, No way they can all get traded because they're all going to be perennial All Stars too. So the Rays and Giants technically can't trade anybody. According to you guys, yeahs.
Speaker 2: To Tampa. This is just off the dome. Otani to Tampa for Wander Yes, wander Arose Arena and McClanahan to Tampa for Ronda and Ronnie Simon. Is that too much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people just logged off the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty ass. It's pretty asking for to the Phillies offer.
Speaker 1: I know it would have to be Mead and the need.
Speaker 4: Would have to be in there that it'd be like Granda Mead and then a piece. And that's honestly pretty damn good.
Speaker 1: Junior Cameron. I always saw in the Futures Game that dude is a fucking training No, I'm just talking about it. Oh yeah, No, he's a train engine.
Speaker 4: He's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: He's like just another Yondie, except he played better defense.
Speaker 2: I mean, and he's fucking nineteen and he looks like that.
Speaker 1: Dude's a truck.
Speaker 4: The Rays got him for Tobias Myers from the Guardians.
Speaker 1: You just made it.
Speaker 4: He's pitching.
Speaker 3: Tobias Myers was was a forty It was a forty man situation, which is really funny. So the Guardians are like, let's let's move an arm because we need to clear up some forty man space, and legitimately, just like I just excuse me, the Rays, We're like, let's move an arm.
Speaker 4: We need the forty men space. And the Guardians are like, oh, we'll take an arm.
Speaker 3: We'll give you a lower level flyer here. You can take junior common Arrow, like that's who they ask for, and now he's.
Speaker 4: The top five prospect in baseball.
Speaker 3: Tobias Myers is now pitching in Double A, not even triple so kind of shows you what's up there.
Speaker 1: I mean, they could trade Carson Williams right shortstop what they for thirty years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I love Carson Williams.
Speaker 3: But in an Otawi deal, one hundred percent, you do Ronda Carson Williams and then you can probably keep Meat instead, who fits more into it. Positionally, you can play third or first or whatever. You trade Carson Williams and Ronda and like Mason Montgomery. That's a really damn good offer.
Speaker 1: I think I agree, and then you want to work shop the Giants real quick because the Giants are another team where I don't see any reason why they couldn't.
Speaker 3: So the reason why I think the Giants should do it is I think they're gonna pay.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna make one of the best offers.
Speaker 3: We've talked about how like they've been trying to pay Judge, they've been they tried to pay Korea. And if you give up the prospect capital, it helps you this year, but you also buy that negotiating window for a couple of months where you know you could kind of get a head start on trying to lock up Otani before he hits free agency. I don't know if he'd be willing to negotiate through the next couple of months, but there's a chance, and you have that negotiating window. Now, I'm trading Reggie Crawford Peter Now. Now Reggie Crawford can go.
Speaker 1: I don't know he's hitting and he's a first rounder.
Speaker 4: Yeah he can kick rocks now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for Paul de Young and Tyler O'Neal.
Speaker 1: Surious, just curious, who would you who would the Cardinals need to give the Giants for Reggie Crawford because I'm a Tyler. I ain't afraid to say it.
Speaker 2: I just am all right Carlson or Aeronato. Oh, Reggie Crawford for Carlson, Reggie Crawford for Carlson.
Speaker 3: I think even a little bit more, slightly more Reddie Crawford and like a little level piece.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I would prefer Dylan Carlson over Tyler on Neil. I just there's something in there, and maybe it's the body. Maybe I'm to look at him too much. The pheromones are kicking your ass. They are. I fall into it. I'm I'm a Dobrowski guy, so fall in love.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine the episode when whoever acquires Tyler O'Neill, like he goes Mannyville and Los Angeles like like Manny Ramirez dead and hits four hundred for like two months, and Peter's gonna come back on the podcast and just say fuck you.
Speaker 2: I will you know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Let you forget it.
Speaker 2: San Francisco is gonna go get Tyler O'Neal for Carson Wizen Hunts straight up, and he's gonna come back and flip the bird when we hop on.
Speaker 1: Soon and Carson Wizard is going to suck for the Cardinals. Yes, he'll be a libert toward two point oh yeah no, but let's finish the giants for a Tawny deal just real quick. So it would probably be I mean, it would have to be. It's it's show O Tawny, Kyle Harrison see you later, or Carson wisdon hud to see you later. This is show O Tawni. We're talking about Reggie Crawford.
Speaker 4: Come, would you do?
Speaker 2: Would you do Harrison and Crawford for Otani? Yeah, yeah, I think that's some. No, I think those two.
Speaker 1: Then he's going to Dombrowski because Dombrowski is overpaying.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do Luciano and and and wizden Hunt even like I do two of some of those.
Speaker 2: And that's a better return than Harrison and Crawford, Luciano and wizen Hunt.
Speaker 4: That's as high as i'd go.
Speaker 2: That's better.
Speaker 4: It's as high as i'd go.
Speaker 1: But then Dombrowski would be like, fine, we'll give you Bryce Harper fuck it, yes exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could get stop too.
Speaker 2: All right, take us out, baby boy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so hopefully you guys enjoyed this episode. This was trade deadline predictions, some Galaxy brains, some actual good predictions from Jack arm and I were brought to you by the sportsbooks that is BETMGM. Remember to use promo code Just Baseball and I'm definitely looking at that Raise Orioles series. If we want to look at some division futures, keep your eye on there and at least use some bonus bets towards that. The best way to support the Just Baseball Show is to get yourself some Just Baseball merch. You want Galaxy brain, get yourself a Galaxy hat. They're in our episode description. We got a ton of new merch, so just go check it out. And if you enjoyed this episode, make sure to rate review on Spotify and Apple podcast five stars. And then in the YouTube comments, tell me if I'm being an idiot, or tell me if I kind of fired you up a little bit. Did I fire you up? Come on, don't say that I didn't fire you up. Ladies and gentlemen. That's what I'm here for, right They're gonna give you the actual stuff. I'm here to fire you up. Anything else that we gotta and not. Oh yeah, games of the week there are games of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh nah, screw it, screw it.
Speaker 1: We were gonna be all right about them anyway. So for that, Jack or we'll be back on Monday. And with that think its
Speaker 3: MHM.