Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's specifically talk about some football and the Combine. Welcome in Psycho Bonnie Football. Everybody, You're live in LA and Indianapolis. This morning is Wednesday, February twenty six. Jamie Arnall Mansi TEO, Peter Schrager looking like his great Combine self, and Indy and Cody Kessler continues to be at the table all week long. Peter Schreger to be joined by Tom Pellisero because a ton of prospects are beginning to arrive in Indie and it is a true car wash there. It's workouts, it's measurements, it's the body inspection, it's meetings with teams. The quarterbacks have begun to descend upon those hallways. You got roommates that you've competed against, and now you're all buying for a spot in the NFL Draft at the end of April. But this is where this process begins. Those guys will work out on Saturday, but all this takes off on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Let's stick with that position group though.
Speaker 4: Peter and Tom, what's going on with you too, Peter. I'll start with you and maybe some things that you're hearing about big name quarterbacks that we want to pay attention to this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are Shador Sanders walking in. He's got great charisma, obviously has this incredible college career. Jackson say to Colorado, But as was reported earlier this week, he will do everything, but it seems like he will not be doing the workouts. Tom if you want to just give us a rundown for the quarterbacks, the ones who are going to be throwing our Saturday.
Speaker 2: What's the latest we're hearing on who's going to go and who's not.
Speaker 6: Obviously the two names everybody's keeping an eye on in this lead up to the draft, Shador Sanders and cam Ward. Shaduur is not going to throw here at the Combine. He's going to wait for his pro day be throwing the ball to Travis Hunter and others. On that occasion with cam Ward, I talked with his quarterbacks coach Daryl Colberg, who, by the way, also trade Shadur. They've actually trained together at times. I can't think of a lot of occasions where that's the case here. Cambored is still undecided about whether he wants to throw, but Colbert told me he's really competitive. They did a combined type workout just the other day, so Cambore is at least there's mullying. Hey, if Shador is not throwing, I mean I come out here and show and cement any questions about whether or not I'm the number one quarterback in this straft. I anticipate all the other quarterbacks drafting Jet throwing on Saturday. Jackson Dark is going to throw, so is Jalen Milroe. Quinn Ewers, who had a torto bleak back at the start last season, hurt it in the Michigan game and got worse and worse. He battled through that the whole season. He's finally fully healthy. He's been watching tape with Mike McCarthy the pack creak down in Dallas, getting himself ready for some of the board work here.
Speaker 2: He's up to two hundred fifteen pounds. Quinn yours.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of talk about our who's QB one. There's real questions about who's QB two and three on down and how high could some of those guys go. We know that there's a lot of teams right now, the need is starting quarterback. Could you maybe see some of those teams a little later in round one or at the top of round two trying to vault up.
Speaker 2: We've seen that happen in the past. Real quick, before we get back to LA.
Speaker 5: You had a really good interview with Chiefs GM Brett Vitch yesterday on NFL Network.
Speaker 2: I'd be remiss if I didn't mention it.
Speaker 5: And I thought he was enlightening on some of the stuff going on with Kansas City, but also he mentioned something with Travis Kelce that hadn't been reported previously.
Speaker 6: Travis Kelce was battling the corning to bread veach a pretty big illness leading up to the Super Bowl. Wasn't anything that popped up on the injury report. But clearly if you go back and you watch some of the plays you pointed out the one that everybody been making the viral rounds of him not blocking on a play here, it's not really very help. He didn't necessarily look the best that we've ever seen him, just physically in terms of his facer in the game, so to the extent to which is as Vid said, By the way he said, some of the excuses he goes, Hey, God, the way the Eagles played, it wouldn't have mattered.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 6: But to the extent that Travis Kelcey's kind of getting kicked around, listen, he's thirty five years old. It sounds like he's coming back, Viet said. It sounds like he's excited to come back here. Doesn't want to go out on that note in terms of what version of Travis kelce we get, He've said he has this way of finding a way to keep himself in shape, producing like only he can.
Speaker 2: A lot of wide receiver questions for the Chiefs headed into the.
Speaker 6: South season, it seems like tight End one is back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jamide, lots of stuff happened in conversations like that happen. And credit to Tom getting that out of Brett Viach. We had not heard that before till yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And to Tom's point, you're right, the visuals kind of line up with what we were hearing now with that story from Brett Veach. So it's kind of appreciated. But I also appreciate his humility and honesty. That didn't really matter. The Eagles were awesome that day, Peter, thank you. We back here are continuing to talk about Peter's top ten combine guys that we've keep an eye on. Yesterday it was ten through six today, five four, three, two one. It's still happening this hour. But for now, let's play three and out. We're going to start with Jets general manager Darren Mugi when he was asked yesterday by reporters about the conversations that he's had with Aaron Rodgers. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to discuss any private discussions that I had with Aaron throughout this process. I'm not here to confirm or deny any rumors that happened during that process. I will say this, there was never an ultimatum or rules of engagement for Aaron to potentially join the Jets. Again, that never happened.
Speaker 8: This move just has talked about the Aaron Rodgers deal. I don't think that needs to be anything else there about that things. I don't want to disrespect. You know, the players we have in my team, and they kind of pisces me off and some of the other players that that's what we all talk about. You have Quinn Williams, you have quins to william you have AVT. Now you have Joe Tidman. All those guys need to be respected as far as winning games.
Speaker 2: Also, oh man.
Speaker 4: This is a new chapter for the New York Jets. Peter, I'm gonna paying it right back out to you. You know those guys that building, you know that head coach. I kind of like that fire and the defense that Aaron Gladd had for Aaron Glenn had for his guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, Aaron Glenn came in yesterday at this podium and he was all business in a way that I don't think Jets media or Jets fans have seen a new coach be there's no hey, let's wait and see. This is a process. He's like, no, we're looking to win now. Every day I'm looking to win now. But they also was not going to suffer any fools and do this Rogers thing. And both he and Darren Moosey were like, we're moving on. We already told Aaron we're good with Aaron. We're moving on. Question is where are they going? You know, we're talking about the Giants in the Stafford conversation. We haven't heard the Jets being linked to that Sam Donald played for the Jets. Does it make sense for the Jets to make a big free agent offered to Sam Donald. I don't know if that's even in the cards. So the question to me is we did all this, We got the coach, we got the GM, we got the new OC, we got the new DC, he got all this.
Speaker 2: Who's playing quarterback?
Speaker 5: And does it start here where they have the seven overall pick? And I saw mel Kiper has Shdor Sanders going to the Jets.
Speaker 2: Are we going rookie or.
Speaker 5: Is this going to be another deal where it's let's kick the can a little bit and try to find a veteran to get it done. Remember Tyrod Taylor very well liked in that room, but in his mid thirties. Is Tyrod Taylor the best option to be the quarterback one for the Jets? And does that get the fan base going? I'm not sure that's the answer. So a lot of positivity out of the Jets brass and a lot of positivity from Jets fans about how the Jets brass has been speaking, but they still have a giant hole at quarterback at the moment.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the most frustrating part from Aaron Glenn and Moujie is that they weren't a part of the Jets organization a year ago, Right, And that's what they just keep talking about, is Aaron Rodgers from twenty twenty four. How are you going to overcome that? Uji and Glenn sat down. They said they had a lot of discussions about which direction they wanted to go with quarterback in twenty twenty five, and Aaron Rodgers is not a part of that vision. That's fine. That happens all the time in the NFL. I agree with him a little bit. I love when you see a head coach get fired up like Glen. Did you know he's focused about the guys that are here and now that he can win with. Right now, we got to focus on free agency. We got to focus on the draft. We have to add the right pieces to this roster. Let both parties go their separate ways and leave it at that. Right Their main focus right now is a new era for New York Jet football and the fans are desperate for that. So I love the way that Glenn approached that. And then the Movisie went on to give him his flower. He said, look, Aaron Rodgers the first ballot Hall of Famer. He's one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. We wish him nothing but the best, but we're going to go our separate ways.
Speaker 10: Aaron Glenn is trying to make his team his team. He's trying to unbaptish his culture. When I was little, we used to go to this tongue called halaivo and we used to paddle canoe. And the thing about paddling canoe is there's only one voice in that boat. If somebody starts to get some opinions about where we should go, how fast we should go, we start to spin around in circles and sometimes capsize. And we saw it in twenty twenty four with the New York Jets that they started to spin around a little bit because there are so many different opinions in that boat. AG is trying to make sure that there's one voice in that boat, and that's his. He's standing on business. So I'm I'm all in with AG kind of establishing that precedence early.
Speaker 4: And it's really a tandem too. I liked how he deflected, like moo's you already answered this question, so and I'm not going to disrespect. And I love the use of that word in that moment for Aaron Glenn like, let's talk about the guys, and there's some really good players in the Jets building that are with our team now. All right, time for second down and three and out. The Bengals have some big decisions to make. Guys like Jamar Chase, See Higgins, Trey Hendrickson, they're all looking for new deals. NFL Networks Judy Batista sat down with head coach Zach Taylor to ask him about the status of some of those big names and their big new deals.
Speaker 11: Let's just go right down the list. Jamar Chase, what are your hopes for contract for him and for having him early and in fully in the off season time.
Speaker 12: He's worried they of a new deal, and so we're certainly working towards that and optimistic that we'll get that done. But he's done everything he can put himself in a position to earn that and we want to reward him with that.
Speaker 11: Higgins could become a free agent, could be franchised, tagged. What's your expectation, what's your hope there.
Speaker 12: He's a great player, He's a big reason why we've had the success we've had. We want Tea back and We'll continue to work through that, right.
Speaker 11: Trey Hendrickson, Let's look to the other side of the ball, same thing. What's your expectation with him?
Speaker 12: We're certainly a better team with Trey on it, you know, And so again working through that with him. I know we've had a lot of conversations. He's one of my favorite players to deal with. You know, We've had a lot of these conversations over the years, and so again, we're a better team with Trey on it. We're working through that, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Peter.
Speaker 4: There was a joke that assistant general manager Joe Burrow is not going to be at the combine this weekend because he was on radio road during Super Bowl making sure that his guys got taken care of in Cincinnati. How we look in when it comes to these big names, big money that they're demanding in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: Salary cap gymnastics, here we go, and is Duke Tobin the guy in charge of all that, capable and ready to do whatever he can to make this work. I think all three players they would love to have back. All three players are elite players in the end, and if you start ranking them, and I really give Judy a lot of credit for not saying, Okay, here's the most important, here's the second most, and here's the third one. Because you can make the argument that Trey Hendrickson with their team MVP last year, he led the NFL in sacks on a team that had defensive woes everywhere. He was the start of the shining bright star. I would imagine they figured it out with Jamar Chase. I would imagine they figured out with Trey Hendrickson. Then what about t Higgins that is a number one wide receiver. They put themselves in this position by not finding a way to get this done going into.
Speaker 2: This offseason, but it's not too late.
Speaker 5: If they can go three for three, it would be miraculous and it would be a heralded.
Speaker 2: Offseason for the Bengals.
Speaker 5: I will say this last year, at this point, we were going into the Combine and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had Baker Mayfield up. They had Mike Evans up, and they had Levonte David up, and they had Antoine Winfield up.
Speaker 2: They got all four of.
Speaker 5: Those guys back and they were able to figure it out how to do it financially?
Speaker 2: There are ways.
Speaker 5: There is an ability you just have to be creative and you have to have an open dialogue with the players.
Speaker 3: I agree hundred percent. I think you have to find a way to keep all three. Unfortunately for the Bengals, they have forty six million dollars in cap space right now, and they're going to heavily benefit from the cap space going from two undred fifty five million to around that two hundred and eighty million mark. But the biggest thing for me is Tobin said that Jamar Chase is our priority, right and I agree that's one hundred percent true. Triple Crown winner. He's a very good football player, is hard to replace. But if he's your top priority, Tee Higgins needs to be your urgent priority, your immediate priority, because he's an unrestricted free agent and he is going to be a hot commodity when March twelve comes around, and there's a lot of teams that are going to be after him. And I agree with Peter too. You have to find a way to keep Trey Hendrickson. You have to find him or you have to find a way to extend that. Now he's doing sixteen million next year, so it's not as urgent as t Higgins. He can't walk away, but he wants to be there for the long term, and they need to do that. One of the top offenses in the NFL year ago, there were twenty fifth in scoring defense, there were twenty fifth in total defense. They are struggling on that side of the football. You need to find a way to keep all three, but you also have to be able to be aggressive and free agency so you can put some big pieces on the defensive side of the one.
Speaker 10: I'm a clear things as far as the comparison. He asked me, you know, isn't this like the Rams and Pooka Nkum Cooper cuppies. It's nothing like that. Why because Pooka Nakuhn Cooper cup is the same position. T Higgins and Jamar Chase totally different position. Jamar Chase, you can put him in a slot Z receiver's primarily on that side of the ball, on the passengering side, whereas T. Higgins that's your ex receiver, that's your fifty to fifty ball man. And without one of the two, they're not the same. I was talked about yesterday with CD lamon Brandon Cooks. It's the same dynamic when you have T Higgins over there for Joe Burrow, it's so easy to know what the defense is in because if you don't have that safety over t Higgins, you're in trouble. If you do, now I can go one on one with Jamar Chase. So those two guys, to me are the priority. I know Trey he wants to be in Cincinnati. He's led the league in sacks. I think he came second place and defensive Player of the Year for the NFL with his seventeen sacks. He's a dynamic player in one of those corner pieces and focal point of that team. So I think Trade's going to come back, and I think the priority has to be those two wide receivers.
Speaker 4: Obviously Joe Burrow once it all, but I go back to you with what Mansi just said, like, is it that plain and simple with specifically he wants those two wide receivers back because of how much it helps just build this offense and the fact that you're not trying to line up the same guy in the same position one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: It's so important as a quarterback to build continuity and to be on the same page at all times. And it's you know, It's an old joke, I can throw to this guy with my eyes closed. That becomes true when you spend time together. When you have a guy like Jamar Chase and you have a guy like t Higgins. It's so important for Joe Burro to keep those guys there. And Mantime made a great comment on that is that the best wide receiver ones in the NFL have a great supporting cast around on specifically a one B or a number two receiver.
Speaker 9: You look at the Eagles, you.
Speaker 3: Have aj Brown and Devonte's m Well, I don't know who's one in that situations that's one A, one B. But you look at the Vikings you have Jay Jettis and then you have Jordan Adison right behind them. The Lions this year with Arminros Saint Brown, Jamison Williams. The list goes on and on right Tyreek Kill, Jalen Waddle. If you want to have a great number one wide receiver, you need to have a great number two so they can take some of that over the top coverage off of them and get some one on one match.
Speaker 4: A lot of that has to do with the Cowboys conversation we had yesterday and finding a second option to ceed lamb all right, third down and three and out. The Packers and many others, it's not just the Packers anymore, are looking to ban the tush push. Here's Eagles head coach the originator of this forsaken play. Nick Sirianni on the proposal of teams to get rid of it.
Speaker 13: It's a little insulting to say, it's just just you know, we're good at it, so it's automatic.
Speaker 3: We work really hard at it.
Speaker 13: The fact that it's that it's a successful play for the Eagles and people want to take that away, I think it's a little a little unfair.
Speaker 9: Not that it's been a legal three years ago now, the tush push play. I was never been a big fan.
Speaker 14: There's just no other play in our game where you can absolutely get behind somebody and push them, pull them off, do anything to be at a use it.
Speaker 9: I never really understood it and why that was legal.
Speaker 2: So I'm definitely gonna go on of those guys voting against that.
Speaker 4: Well, Nick Sirianni, you can also add the fact that, like you, tush push into your Lombardi winning season, and that's probably why people are annoyed. Peter your thoughts on the Toush push and this report that became true because everybody's answering to it now in Indianapolis that people want it gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a big push to get it down, no pun intended. There's a lot of people around the NFL, and one of the things we keep hearing is.
Speaker 2: That it's because of player safety.
Speaker 5: But we don't have the data, and I've talked to folks at the league off like, there's no data that shows that more players are getting hurt because of the Toushbush. Now, the potential to get hurt, obviously when you have someone pushing someone into a line of players is great in your head and you imagine, But so far, all the times we've seen it, the data doesn't prove out that there has been an increase in injury. So it's hard to stand on that. Second part of it is this not So Philly and like so plays into their entire mantra that the entire league is against us and everyone wants them and only if you want to Bret Bannett, how about you stop it. I love that Sirianni was as bold as he was there and I think it speaks to Jeff Stoutlin, their offensive line coach. It speaks at Jamel Singleton, they're running backs coach, and it speaks to all those players who line up for the Philadelphia Eagles that.
Speaker 2: This is not just one year, this is not just two years.
Speaker 5: This is four years that we have seen the tush push be used and it still has not been stopped. And yet other teams try it and other teams don't execute it as well. So I personally don't have any opinion on it. I don't love seeing it aesthetically. I have much more in favor of a beautiful game and some of the different ex's and o's that the coaches can draw up than just hey, lower your shoulder. But there is a skill to this, and that skill has to be appreciated. It's almost like braun over beauty. I'm in the beauty business. I like seeing beautiful football. I like seeing long passes. I like seeing my face on TV. They're into the brown, They're into the physicality of it. I stay away from all that.
Speaker 3: If Peter is single, are we talking USh push or bush push?
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know your dam No.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, I'm with Peter on that. I just I don't. I don't understand how you been it right. Just because one team has perfected it, it doesn't mean that you can just take it away when all thirty other or thirty one other teams have the availability to learn it right. Nick heer Any talk about and jas and Kelsey has before. We spend a lot of time on this. This isn't just luck. We don't just run it on Sundays and try to figure it out. But I do understand the frustration to Peter's point, especially in the NFC Championship game, right when they did the hardcount after hardcount going against the Commanders, and then the ref gets on and says, if they do it again or they jump off sides again, we're going to award Philadelphia six points. And it was a little frustrating. It you lose the rhythm of the game, it slows it down, fans are mad at home, and then the end up going to scoring anyway. So I understand the frustration. But my biggest question is what are they asking to ban exactly right, because pushing a player was banned back in two thousand and six, they unbanned it at that time. You could push and pull or you couldn't push in poll, you still can't pull a player, but then they unbanded it two thousand and six, so you can push. Are we banning the formation? Do they want to ban the player or they want to ban pushing a player, because then that trickles into other parts of the game. If I just go normal zone read and the running back works up and get stopped by a linebacker the second level, my tackle comes to help and tries to block a guy, but my hand touches his back. Is that a push? If I throw a screen to a receiver on the outside, the tackle gets outside, he hits the corner at the same time and unintentionally pushes the receip ford, is that a penalty. I just that's why the rule was unbanned because it's so tough, and those scrums in those huddles to know if they're pushing or their blocking. So I just don't know exactly what the rule.
Speaker 9: Change would be if you do want to ban.
Speaker 3: Get it out of here, guys, get the thing out of here.
Speaker 10: The reason why I say get it out of here isn't for the reasons why everybody else is saying get it out of here.
Speaker 3: I'm saying get it out of here.
Speaker 10: Because of this, I think that the Tush push robs Sekwon Barkley are the MVP.
Speaker 3: I honestly do.
Speaker 10: Sekwon Barkley had thirteen rushing rushing touchdowns in twenty twenty four. The Egoles scored fifteen touchdowns via tush push fifteen. That would have put Saquon, which in my opinion is just as automatic down there in the one yard line. At twenty eight touchdowns, that's tied for the most ever in NFL with Lathenian Thomlinson.
Speaker 3: Do you think that he win the MVP?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 10: I think he would have won the MVP then. So that's the only reason why I want that play out out of football is just because I thought that the year that Saquon Barkley had, if you added those fifteen touchdowns fourteen by Jalen Hurts won by can you Pickett, he would have won the MVP.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 10: I don't see anything wrong with the play, It's just that I just wanted Taquon to win the MVP.
Speaker 3: That's a great point. I'll tell you who does want it banned is Saquon Barkley Fantasy football owners? He had fantasy football ownership of Saquon throughout the season. Who wanted those touchdown? Who doesn't want a band? Is Jalen Hurts Fantasy?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, that's up.
Speaker 5: Peter Man tid do you really think Saquon Barkley needed anything more this season?
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, honestly, I think Sequon's pretty good.
Speaker 5: I think he might have I mean, Howie roast Smith said yesterday he might have had the best season ever from a skill position player.
Speaker 2: So let's save some for the others.
Speaker 5: Let Jalen Hurts get a couple of touchdowns, and you know the Eagles fans, they're fine with the touch push, and I think Saquon's.
Speaker 2: Okay with it too.
Speaker 4: I just love a couple of years back, I was on the sideline for a game, and I won't say who the head coach was, but this coach was convinced that the only reason why that toush push was successful was because it was at the hands of Jason Kelsey, that he was this unicorn of a center and the way his body could contort in his angles and his strength, that that's why they could do it well. And he retires and Cam Jurgen states over a he could do it. So I love the fact that that argument was perfectly and that it really lends itself to everyone else can learn it. If you're a center, you can learn this. And I don't think they should get away with it, but I do appreciate argument that it wasn't just a defensive guy. Coming up on GMFB, we're going to head back out to Indianapolis because Cameron Wolf is around town and he got a hold of Texans head coach Demiko Ryans to talk about everything that that team went through in twenty twenty four. They had a really slippery December, but then came out of the cannon in January, won a playoff game, went to Kansas City. I'm sure they're going to cover all the topics for free agency as well. Lots to look forward to with that conversation, But first, Cody Kessler's at the table this week, and he was really mad yesterday because Peter revealed his ten through six of his top ten Combine players to watch this weekend, and he wanted.
Speaker 1: To keep going.
Speaker 4: He demands answers. Peter Schrager coming up five four, three, two one. You're gonna hear all the names that Peter will put his hat on from the Combine on GMFB coming up this.
Speaker 9: Hour four.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 5: Trigger's top ten prospects entering the Combine. This was the dude, the only two time Mackie Award winner Bowers.
Speaker 10: Jump out, the thirty five touchdown writer.
Speaker 5: Jaden Daniels was the Heisman Trophy winner. Neivers was his guy. He's LSU's career leader in receptions and receiving.
Speaker 2: Yours, Holley. That's why they drafted a fifth overall.
Speaker 5: I am such a fan of Jaden Daniels. He goes to LSU and he blows all expectations.
Speaker 2: Out of the water.
Speaker 5: This guy was a Heisman Trophy winner and he projects to be a top five NFL draft pick.
Speaker 2: Give the end, zdE second card, will see you with a buff day, Dad. It is USC quarterback Kayla Glue.
Speaker 5: It's in just two years at USC through seventy two passing touchdowns and just ten interceptions.
Speaker 3: Line's it up for DJ mor to the I do what a throw by Caleb?
Speaker 5: All Right, we're here and if the top ten prospects do it every single year from the Combine.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, we start off with ten through six.
Speaker 5: That I heard a lot of you online and a lot of you on Twitter and Instagram, all chiming in.
Speaker 9: We love that.
Speaker 5: We want dialogue on disagreement over these picks. But it's my list and it's what it is going into the combine. Of course, today we're gonna go five through one, and we had two Michigan men at ten and nine yesterday. How about another Michigan man at number five. Mason Graham is the number five prospect for me going into this combine week. Mason Graham wearing number fifty five, just like Brandon Graham Adam Michigan. But this guy's on the inside of the defensive line and one of the top players.
Speaker 2: In all of college football.
Speaker 5: Had a career year in twenty twenty three when they won the national title.
Speaker 2: He started thirteen games for the Nownational championship team and then followed it up by.
Speaker 5: Being a first team All American this year, two time First Team Big Ten Conference and dominant inside.
Speaker 2: Now there's been critiques about his body, does he have long enough armed? I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 5: He dominated the Big Ten, dominated the Big Ten. He is a top five pick and I wouldn't be shocked if he goes even higher.
Speaker 2: Than that. From a personal note, our show has a connection to him.
Speaker 5: He went to the same high school as Tea Mac who was the wide receiver at of Arizona. They both could go in the top ten if you're talking about two guys who went into high school together and they went to a school out there in Anaheim. Now, guess what, our researcher on the show, Blake Blake, was a math teacher at this school when they were both there at the same time in Anaheim. So I love that team Mac Mason, Graham and of course our guy Blake in.
Speaker 2: Research the school itself. Let me get on the phone here because I gotta give it love. I'm here, I am, I'm trying to do all this stuff it is called.
Speaker 5: And at the school here, servete High School, we see you, Servet in Anaheim, churning out NFL content and churning out, churning out NFL.
Speaker 2: Research gods, our guy Blink.
Speaker 3: So there we go.
Speaker 2: That's number five.
Speaker 9: Yeah, number four.
Speaker 5: We go to Boise State, where I think Ashton gent is one of the top running backs in this draft and will obviously be a first round.
Speaker 2: Pick number two in the Heisman this year.
Speaker 5: Did it all at Boise, A product, of course, out of Florida.
Speaker 2: He's a Jackson of Florida kid.
Speaker 5: Five foot nine, two hundred and fifteen pounds, won the Dope Walker Award.
Speaker 2: Is a nation's top running back. Why see led college football?
Speaker 5: We get this number, guys, twenty six one hundred rushing yards in one season. Twenty six rushing yards in one season, and that's major college football.
Speaker 2: That's not Division three, that's not Division one Double A.
Speaker 5: It's two time AP All American, and he's two time Mountain West Conference Offensive Player of the Year the SI.
Speaker 2: It's the speed. He's got it all.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, he's already said he's not going to work out at the Combine. But if you watched him do any of the stuff he did at the Super Bowl, he did a lot of media. He is a big personality and he is very confident that he can bring it to the next level. I have seen some teams tell me. I've had conversations like he might just be the best player in this draft. It's a running backs. We're not sure where that goes, but I've got.
Speaker 2: Him at four on this list.
Speaker 5: Number three is my favorite player to watch in all of college football.
Speaker 2: This past season. He's out of Penn State.
Speaker 5: He's the tight end who has number forty four, mister Tyler Warren. If you watch any of these Penn State games, this guy does it all. He was a high school quarterback who plays HVAC and plays tight end and he is an absolute machine. He's got a Mechanicsville Virginia finish seventh in the Heisman this year. That is the highest eight tight end has finished since Notre Dames Ken McAfee finished third in nineteen seventy seven. He was the do it all player on this Penn State offense. On the John McKie Awards, the nation's top tight end, was tied for second in all of college football, not amongst tight ends among.
Speaker 2: All players, with one hundred and.
Speaker 5: Four catches, First Team All Big Ten Fiesta Bowl MVP, where he had two touchdowns and six catches, and of course was that dominant force in that Penn State offense.
Speaker 2: Kyle Brant likes to do angry runs like this guy might win it every single week. Plays with a fury out there.
Speaker 5: Again a high school quarterback, so he's a superior athlete.
Speaker 2: Bolted up at Penn State. Where's that sea on his chest as a captain. Unbelievable player, ty Warren. I think he might go.
Speaker 5: As high as top five. He will not escape the top ten. We already had Lovelades, the one tight end out of Michigan. I've got another tight end in Warren, and he's as high as number three. I've got a friend, my friend Eric Ziff, who sees all this football. Two years ago, he put me on to Tyler Warren. I have been watching this guy for the last two seasons and he has gotten better and better and better.
Speaker 2: We'll see he goes in the draft, which leaves.
Speaker 5: Two players left, and I think these two players have been batted around as the top two non quarterbacks in this draft. Number two, I've got Tyler Warren's teammate at of Penn State.
Speaker 2: It's for Abdul Carter. Abdul Carter did it all for Penn State this year.
Speaker 5: And what a lot of teams love was that he did it ball while he was hurt in the biggest of games. Yes, Abduall Carter. Of course he comes out of this thing and you look at what he did at Penn State. The numbers tell the story. He led all of college football with twenty three and a half tackles for a loss. He was the Big Ten Conference defensive player of the Year All American six three, two hundred and fifty two pounds out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Gets hurt in that last semifinal game against Notre Dame and still found a way to dominate that game, Anti Tao, I know you were watching it.
Speaker 2: Number eleven was all over the field. Many people believe he'll be the first pick in this draft. Abdull Carter will just go number one to ten. You call it like that, It's easy. He's your Miles Garrett, he's your TJ. Watt.
Speaker 5: You put him in there, you're set for the next ten years. He is that good of a prospect. I've got him number two on my list because for number one coming into the NFL Draft and coming into the combine, I've got to go with the player that I watched every single week the past two seasons, and I watched him dominate on both sides of the field. I've got Travis Hunter as my number one prospect out of Colorado. Played corner, played a wide receiver, and he won the Heisman this year. I just don't think there's another player like him. That we have seen in college football in some time. I actually don't think I in my lifetime i've seen a player do it as much as he did on both sides of the ball. You're talking about a guy who plays one hundred and twenty snaps a game and doesn't get hurt, doesn't complain, doesn't demand the ball, and was an elite wide receiver and was an elite defensive back. The fact that we are already here at the Combine and there are still teams split on how they would use him tell you just how special a player he is. Travis Hunter of six' one one to Ninety Heisman trophy, winner two Time First Team All. American he was The big Twelve Defensive player of The year this, year but he was also a first Team All Big twelve wide. Receiver he averaged one hundred and twelve snaps per game last year and this. Year you're talking about the rarest of. Breeds you're talking about a pure, unicorn and to, me the best player in college football and the best football.
Speaker 2: Player entering this combine.
Speaker 5: Period, NOW i don't know if he's working out at defensive, back wide, receiver or none of it all because we don't have that information yet here at the, COMBINE i will say, this he has been with the defensive backs group going through that as far as interviews and measurements and all that. Goes but don't be shocked if AN nfl team drafts him and uses him both at corner and wide.
Speaker 2: Receiver something we have never seen in this.
Speaker 5: League and that Includes Charles, Woodson Deon, sanders all these guys to come out of college and be used that, way it just doesn't. Happen Chuck bennaik our last true two way, player and that was the nineteen Sixty. Eagles Could Travis hunter be the next? ONE i love NEW i love president breaking. Players travis hunters that. Guy here are my top, five including the top ten prospects of the twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty FIVE Nfl scouting Comment it just my. List you can argue that's.
Speaker 9: FINE i like.
Speaker 2: That let's, debate let's have.
Speaker 5: It i've Got Travis hunter at, One Abdul carter, Two Tyler warren, Three Ashton genty at, Four Mason graham at.
Speaker 2: Five then you saw six through ten.
Speaker 5: Yesterday it's my, list but we've got a lot of people at the, table and let's go To Cody kessler our. Quarterback if you, notice just have one. QUARTERBACK i didn't Include, Shador i'd Include Jackson, DART i got Cam. Ward BUT i want to hear your thoughts on all of these players and what your big takeaway was from my.
Speaker 9: List.
Speaker 3: YEAH i like, that And jamie mentioned it.
Speaker 9: EARLIER I.
Speaker 3: PETER i woke up this morning wide, eyed and the first THING i thought, about, well the second THING i got my wife and newborn and my dog at, home my family. First but the second THING i thought about Was peter's top. FIVE i could not wait to get to work today to see. This the one guy stands out the most to me is tight End Tyler. Warren What andy Cotal, nikki the oppensive cordnator At Penn, state did with him this year was, unbelievable and UNFORTUNATELY i got a first hand ticket to. IT i got a first seat show of The Tyler warren game when he came down to the coliseum to PLAY. Usc my man played tight, end he played wide, receiver he played running, back he played, quarterback and then he went on to Snap bay football playing. Center ran down the middle of the, field no one covered, him and he caught a touchdown From.
Speaker 9: Drew Lar it was.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable he had seventeen catches for two hundred and twenty four yards and one touchdown in that. GAME i think that was the most for a tight end all. Time the reception of the YARDS i can't remember, exactly but he is an unbelievable. Athlete he is A Swiss Army. Knight you can put him anywhere on the. Field it just hurts me THAT i had to watch him do it against MY Usc trojans this.
Speaker 9: Year BUT i love that.
Speaker 3: LIST i love that you Have Travis hunter at number one. TWO i agree with you on. That But Tyler warren is going to make an organization very.
Speaker 10: Happy, Man, CODY i Love Tyler warren. TOO i MEAN i didn't love him WHEN i watched him against My. Irish i'll say. THAT i mean he reminded me of that guy from the Movie TROY A jackson of The Big Old ye with the. HAMMER i remember watching this guy run over my. IRIS i was, like who the heck is this?
Speaker 2: Guy like someone stopped this?
Speaker 3: Man stop.
Speaker 10: Them but the guy THAT i like the most Is Ashton. Genty i've always loved watching him. PLAY i strongly believe that the best quality in the running back is contact. Balance all the greats THAT i played against and played with have. That they're not the, fastest they're not the, strongest but when you hit these, guys they stay up on their. Feet Alvin kamaro's that, Way Barrys sanders was that.
Speaker 9: Way.
Speaker 10: Obviously you see it In Saquon Marshawn, lynch.
Speaker 9: Like this guy just does not go.
Speaker 10: Down and WHEN i Watch Ashton gent play this, game he plays with that contact, balance and that's something that really transfers overwhelmed THE.
Speaker 4: NFL i am lost In Surveyte High school's alumni. List this The friars role Deep. Peter you Got lloyd From, rage you Got Patrick, cantlay you got all The khalil, Family, Equanimias Saint brown went they're all four. Years so the fact That Mason graham And tetero McMillan are, there t mac and then they Become michigan. MEN i Love Survey High. School they're my new favorite high school In Los angeles or In. Anaheim excuse, me BUT i also look At Abdul Carter peter because the story that came out of The philadelphia native honoring his roots and just really paying homage to growing up In, philadelphia, saying it's my, toughness it's my. GRID i went to the Super bowl with my, dad SO i can be An eagles fan one last. Time but whoever drafts me AND i THINK i am the best player in this, DRAFT i will be loyal to. THEM i love that. Story it honors where it comes. From And, peter it kind of goes to what you were saying about the. Combine you want to make sure a guy loves this, game loves. Football that's a kid that grew up watching The Philadelphia, eagles goes to the Super bowl with his, dad and now he's on this. List he could go number. One He's peter's number. Two it's, Fantastic.
Speaker 3: Peter we love your.
Speaker 4: List and Clearly cody loves it, too if he's gonna just like push his newborn aside and care About peter five four three two.
Speaker 2: ONE i saved it right there With.
Speaker 3: Pat now you, KNOW i thought about my family, first AND i thought About peter's.
Speaker 5: List it's, okay it's the first THING i thought of, Too and THEN i thought of all your lovely, faces and THEN i thought of my. Family so it's all Good Abdul Carter, jamie the fact he played hurt in that game and gutted it. Out it's it's really a big comment about his. Character and if he's the first overall, PICK i don't think anyone would shake their heads real quick in wrapping.
Speaker 2: IT i love this.
Speaker 5: List we're gonna put it on social. Media if you're viewing at, home let us know your.
Speaker 2: Thoughts we'd like doing.
Speaker 5: It Daniel jeremiah also has his, list which is fun because we have a very different, list different, order different.
Speaker 2: Players but that's the beauty of this thing and that's why THE Nfl draft captivates. Us here's my, List how about, it?
Speaker 4: Folks FOR gmfp when we come, Back trigger's top ten.
Speaker 13: Prospects good, mon.
Speaker 15: He just Peye travis being back and if something, Changes i'm SURE nfl network will be the first to break, it, right but we would.
Speaker 9: Hope so, yeah you can help with that if you.
Speaker 15: Want, NO i think you, know we're excited to Have travis, back and that's how we're operating this offseason and kind of go from.
Speaker 4: There the future of chie tight End Travis kelcey has been up in the air really Before Super bowl fifty nine people were asking him about, it But Kansas City General Manager Brett veach Joined Tom pellisero On monday and gave a positive update On kelsey's. Future this is the question that we are constantly wondering, about and now we have a little bit more. Clarity and now we have even more clarity as to why he looked kind of off On Super Bowl. Sunday apparently he was battling some kind of. Illness, so, guys do you want to See travis kelce run it back?
Speaker 9: Again of?
Speaker 3: Course, yeah why.
Speaker 2: Not it's a treat when you get TO i mean.
Speaker 10: Treat, listen, guys it's a blessing to play in The National Football league and if you have the opportunity to do, so IF i could still pill in it this, LEAGUE i Would it's such a, Blessing SO.
Speaker 9: I would love.
Speaker 3: THAT i think they will be, there Right and when you watch some of the greats Like travis, kelcey Like Patrick, mahomes they don't need extra, motivation but now they have. It So i'll be surprised if they do get.
Speaker 2: Back that's the, truth oh.
Speaker 4: Man the good news is The Houston texans have won a playoff game and each of the two seasons under their head Coach Tamika. Ryan's the bad news is he probably wants. More with the twenty fifth pick in this year's, Draft houston has some questions to address in their wide receiver room and on the offensive. Line Tamika ryan sat down with our Guy Cameron wolf AND i always wonder If wolf as we're in The Wolf pin at The Combine, Inn, indy and they talked about the future of The.
Speaker 16: Texans demiko two, years TWO Afc south. Titles but the next journey is going from really good to. Great how do you get to that next step for The?
Speaker 2: Texans you start back over in step, one all.
Speaker 14: Right you don't just get there, overnight, Right and that's why we're here at The. Combine you gotta add great players and that's what's gonna get us over the. Hump continue to add those players who can make those, plays those game winning, plays to put us in a great position when we get to that spot.
Speaker 9: Again, yeah you talk about.
Speaker 16: Players listening To texans, players it stands out like they love. You they talk about how you are with. Them AND i Heard Will anderson talk about you inviting him AND cj over for dinner and doing the off field. Relationship what do you get out of bonds like.
Speaker 9: That it's good to know they love me because they don't tell. Me but, no it's for.
Speaker 14: Me it's all about that personal connection with my. Players like that's what matters. MOST i had up over the.
Speaker 9: Coach you told me BEFORE i got into. Coaching.
Speaker 14: Coach players don't care how much you know until they know how much you. Care and so for, me you have to invest that time to develop those. Relationships and when you have that connected relationship with your, players it's easy to coach guys Like will LIKE cj because they understand they're passionate about the.
Speaker 9: Game they understand my passion.
Speaker 14: And my love for the, game but more, importantly my love for them as men and how they continue to, grow develop and to be just great leaders on and off the.
Speaker 16: Field let's talk about that as men FOR. CJ cj had one of the best rookie seasons. EVER i, know year or two he probably wanted a little bit. More what do you tell him as a man in year three of what his hunger, is what he goes after to take that next jump from.
Speaker 14: YEAH cj just he has to take a step back right and really dive into the off, season, right and that's where you're seeing he's in this, One like how are you putting that work into in the, Offseason like how are you hitting the weight?
Speaker 9: Room like how are you.
Speaker 14: Detailing your craft and improving that and bringing other guys along with? You AND i THINK cj is going to be much. Better he's gonna have a much better off season this time. Around he's invested into being, great and you have a player who has that mindset to be.
Speaker 9: Great we've seen his.
Speaker 14: Capabilities we've seen the throws he's made all up and down the, field any, throw any play we need to make him utilizing his legs to make play, like he's more than talented right to lead our team to that next. Step just, him just continue to get those other guys around him to play the same.
Speaker 16: Way, yeah we've definitely seen him look, elite elite new offensive Coordinator Nick klee this. Offseason for you, guys for fans at, home what do you anticipate his off his offense looking like FOR cj and the rest of the?
Speaker 14: Squad yea With Kaylee, man one THING i love about him is just his diverse background and. Coaching he's coached defense in college for over ten. Years he's coached with In New. England he's worked with the old, line the running, backs the tight, ends he's worked with The, rams so he.
Speaker 9: Has a very diverse.
Speaker 14: Background and the main thing about our offensive scheme this year is to keep it, adaptable keep it, flexible and making sure it fits WHAT cj does. Best that's the starting point for any great, offenses tailoring it to your, quarterback and that's What kayler will do for.
Speaker 16: Us, obviously this past, year interior offensive line had given some. Trouble where do you guys attack and how do you attack that area so THAT cj has a little bit more of that room to make those plays we talked about those elite plays down the.
Speaker 14: Field it's very important for me to know shure up the offensive line and starting with the guys that we, have like sureing up the technique and how we're doing, things how we're. Communicating and then it's also adding, depth adding younger guys that can come in and help us. Out but as we, KNOW i show our guys every week in our team. Meetings i'll put up clips OF. Cj when the pocket is right and he has time to make. Plays he's making those plays. Consistent but anytime we have, that especially the interior pressure that affects the quarterback to.
Speaker 9: Most so if we.
Speaker 14: Com mitigate, that given more, time it's gonna be more plays for him to make for.
Speaker 16: Sure and obviously for, him he had bad injury luck with some of his receivers hiss past. Offseason you, Know steph got. Hurt you Know tank got. HURT i guess for both of those, guys And i'll start With. Tank another devastating injury for. Him how do you help him mentally through this period as he tries to, recover you, know through another serious.
Speaker 9: Journey, yeah it was a devastating.
Speaker 14: Injury tank means the world to our, team like he brings such great, energy great joy to our.
Speaker 9: Team so as you, guys as everyone saw like his loss.
Speaker 14: Impacted everyone, emotionally because our guys truly care for each. Other it's not just just coach, speaks you, know or with your brotherhood like it's real and that's what you saw in the clip WITH cj When tank went. Down but the main thing for us is to wrap our arms Around tank and to let him know that we're there for, him and he feels that. Love he feels that we're there for, him and he's in much better spirits now is he's going through his. Rehab he's attacking it the right way AND i No tank will be back at the proper.
Speaker 9: Time, yeah and can't wait to see it.
Speaker 16: Back on the deal For, steph obviously he toward the a Cl how does that complicate things for? Him he's a free agent and you guys made a big splash to trade him last off.
Speaker 9: Season, yeah it. Was steph was a huge acquisition for. Us and, MAN i love working With.
Speaker 14: Steph that the energy he, brought the leadership that he, brought the passion just on the practice field each and every. Day Like steph is a real dude AND i enjoyed working with. Him so it hurt, us, REALLY i mean it hurt us big time losing him to THE acl. Injury but for, us you, know it's never we never turning the door or closing the door to a great. Player steph is a great player who will, see you, know how free agency works, out see how who we can add and how we can you, know improve our.
Speaker 16: Team last one for, me you were here at the combine and those six do you have any. Memories there any fun memories that stand out of your.
Speaker 9: Combine Combine for me.
Speaker 14: During the, combine fun memory for me at the combine was it's, like, Man i'm so, excited so pumped up right to do the bench press and that was the big.
Speaker 9: One, okay CAN i get over twenty on the bench? Press so that was the big.
Speaker 14: Thing and THEN i didn't know this at the time coming to the, combine but we're in a, room we're doing the bench, press a. Knockout the you got like twenty three reps and then it's like instantly you go sit in the next room and.
Speaker 9: You do the Wonder. Lick So i'm like sitting there trying to.
Speaker 2: Hold a pencil and the mall toised, up.
Speaker 9: Trying to trying to also ace the wonderlig.
Speaker 14: Test but, man it was exciting time get to meet a lot OF nfl, coaches a lot of other players around THE. Nfl it's a great time for these players, too just to let teams know who they.
Speaker 9: Are, YEAH i love, it.
Speaker 16: Man, well incredible success for you so far and can't wait to see what you and the textans doing twenty.
Speaker 9: Five thank, You.
Speaker 4: JIM i can't believe you haven't done this, yet and by THAT i mean go listen to your favorite hits in the highest audio.
Speaker 2: Quality At Apple.
Speaker 4: Music you can go down and you get six months for just two ninety. Nine terms apply where it's At Apple.
Speaker 3: Music.
Speaker 4: Listen you may have Watched Us All show ON gmfb and you notice That mans AND i have these, big beautiful. Binders it's our scouting combine. Research cody doesn't have one Because cody already knows all this, stuff Because cody's doing college football all the. Time peter's got this in the back of his head. Already he's in indie talk at all those players and.
Speaker 2: Coaches it's combine.
Speaker 9: Weeks start studying.
Speaker 2: Everybody