Speaker 1: When you see Kanye and his wife and you see how she's dressing, is that she's dressing like that or Kanye dressing her?
Speaker 2: What Conny is for sure dressing her like that. Yeah, this is the same thing to me and Kim. He wants other men to want his woman. That's what he's into.
Speaker 3: He likes that.
Speaker 4: All my Life, Grinding All my Life, Shockri Fights, Hustle, Pe Price, Wanta, slicet the Brow, All my Light, Poppy grinding all my life, All my life, grinning all my Light, Shockri Fights, Hustle, Pet Price, one Slice, Got the bronc geis Swap All my Life, Poppy, Grinding All my Life.
Speaker 1: Hello, welcome to another episode of Club sha Shay. I am your host, Shannon Sharp. I'm also the propriet of Club Shahe and today we're at Spotlight La stopping by for conversation and a drink.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 1: Is a polar a polarizing figure in the entertainment business for almost two decades and unapologetic personality. A confident model, a bold business woman, a recognizable media figure, a multi talented activist, actress, influencer, TV hosts, author, and a mother. Here she is ladies and gentlemen, the one, the only, Miss amber Rose.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you for stopping by.
Speaker 1: I know you're very busy, a young lady, young mother, and uh I want to say thank you again for stopping by.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: I would like to toast.
Speaker 1: I know you don't drink much, but you told me, say Shanna, I don't drink much, but I want to try this.
Speaker 3: I do so everyone Ransom raves about this, by the way, to.
Speaker 5: All your all you've done and all you'll continue to do.
Speaker 3: Thank you, baby, well, thank you so much. Ooh some special you got right? God, damn.
Speaker 1: You don't we tell you?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, listen, if I drink that, you're gonna know all my business.
Speaker 5: Well again, thank you for stopping by.
Speaker 1: Of course, born and raised in South Yes, growing up in South Philly, what did Amberoads want to be when she.
Speaker 5: Was a little girl.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be an epidemiologist.
Speaker 5: Okay, I.
Speaker 2: I had a there was a guy in my neighborhood that was dying of AIDS in the nineties.
Speaker 3: And I didn't know what it was at the time. I would talk to my mom.
Speaker 2: And I know this might sound crazy, but watching his body deteriorate over a.
Speaker 3: Month or so.
Speaker 2: I became obsessed with HIV and AIDS and I would be in my room and just think of being on.
Speaker 3: The forefront of a cure like that.
Speaker 2: Those were my dreams and aspirations and like just being in a lab and you know, people celebrating when I found the cure, Like that's the stuff that I used to imagine when I would just be in my room and yeah, and I just I was just obsessed with like infectious diseases and I wanted to know everything about them, and still to this day. I mean even when COVID came out, I was kind of excited because I was like, what is this?
Speaker 1: You know, did you understand what AIDS was and how it came about?
Speaker 2: Not initially no, but it was it was the fact that he was full of life. And then within two months, I mean, he was a young man and he was he had a cane, right, And I asked my mom like is this like is it cancer?
Speaker 3: Like what is it? And then she told me and I was like, what is that?
Speaker 2: It happened so fast that I just became fascinated with it. And you know, now in modern day there's medicines and stuff like that, and people can live a long, healthy life with HIV. But you know, back in the nineties, it wasn't like that. Yeah, so yeah, I just became fascinated with it. And that's how I was like, I want to be like doctor Fauci.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, what was your what was your fondest memory of your childhood? If you can go back and think about when you're being raised in South Philly.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many sailings, how many brothers and sisters do you have?
Speaker 2: So I'm the only child from my mom and then I'm fourteen years older than my little brother's okay, from my father's side.
Speaker 1: But you had you actually, you had friends in the neighborhood. So what's your fondest memory of being in South Bailly?
Speaker 3: I would say.
Speaker 2: I miss I miss being liked for who I am.
Speaker 3: I miss that because people gave.
Speaker 2: Me a chance back then and they were like, oh, Amber's cool with shit, Let's go play double Dutch, or let's you know, go to the park, or let's go hang out. And I just feel like nowadays, it's just it's just not that simple anymore.
Speaker 3: So I miss I missed those times.
Speaker 2: Where life was simple, or like going to the corner store. I got a dollar, I'm getting to scratch off. I'm hoping I'm a win twenty houses so I can eat, you know, like get some good that day to eat and the excitement of actually wanting things and being around genuine people.
Speaker 3: That's what I miss the most.
Speaker 5: You feel you get judged by the cover now, huh?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 2: Like my persona and who I am as a person is completely different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're nothing like what people when people see Amber roll.
Speaker 2: If you're nothing like that, I am the complete I couldn't be more opposite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't be more I'm just a nerd. I like to learn. I like to I like to be around people that can teach me things.
Speaker 2: And I think I just got pigeon held into a persona that made me money to support my family.
Speaker 1: You know, when obviously you didn't have siblings, but when you did you have friends? Were you friendly? Were you like where your tomboy? Were you girly girl? Did you have like Amber school, let's go play with her things like that? So what kind of like what did you do as a child?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was definitely loved.
Speaker 2: I feel like I always had a good personality. I'm very easy going. I'm a bit introverted, but I think like people think I come off as a bitch because I'm introverted, when you know, I do you know, like I came in here and I said hi to everyone. I am that person. But I only give the energy that people give me. So if I walk into a room and that energy is not positive, I'm probably just gonna be quiet and just chill and not really say much. But I definitely was loved. I had a lot of friends, and I was a tomboy as well. I played softball. Okay, yeah, I'm a softball girl. I would play wall ball with the boys, stickball in the street with like the half of tennis ball, you know, just real East Coast street games with the boys and stuff.
Speaker 3: But I was always feminine. But I'll play with the boys, right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So how was your mom?
Speaker 1: How was was she a disciplinarian and did she let you kind of like do what you wanted to do? What was the relationship was the dynamic between you and your mom?
Speaker 2: Well it's tough because, like my mom's mom committed suicide when she was ten, and so my mom suffered severely from anxiety and depression most of my life.
Speaker 3: And so no, she wasn't a disciplinary.
Speaker 2: I feel like like I became her mom at a very young age, and I had to raise her and say, Mom, everything's going to be okay. You know, it's okay to cry, or how can I help you? Or what can I do? So, yeah, it's it's like almost like I became a mom at a young age.
Speaker 1: That's what I was about to ask. And I'm not trying to take a shot at your mom, but did you feel you had to raise yourself?
Speaker 2: I did, and I would say for many many years I resented my mom for that. But as I got older, I understood that being ten years old and seeing your mom commit suicide is is definitely not easy to live with, you know, and my mom suffered.
Speaker 3: She suffered for many years.
Speaker 1: You resent the fact that you didn't really get a chance to be a child, You didn't get a chance to do things that you saw a lot of the other kids your age get an opportunity to do because you were being there. You were being there for your mom when normally moms are there for their.
Speaker 5: Kid, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like even when I had chials and tribulations in my life.
Speaker 3: I felt like that I couldn't burden my mom.
Speaker 2: With those things, and I had to just suck it up and be a g and just deal with it because I already knew that she had a lot on her plate emotionally that I didn't want to add to that, and so I just would just internalize it or deal with it by myself.
Speaker 1: When you when you got to high school, were you a popular kid? Very so you weren't like superlyve so most likely to succeed, best body, wittiest, best personality, so you wanted to so you were like you were that that girl? You were that girl.
Speaker 2: I definitely was popular when I got to high school, for sure. My boyfriend was like the head of the basketball. Okay, you know it was god vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So obviously it's hard looking at you naesthetically. Were girls jealous of you back then?
Speaker 3: I mean yes and no.
Speaker 2: Again, I had a lot of friends, but like the culture in Philly, it's.
Speaker 3: Like I don't like your dress.
Speaker 2: I want to fight you, and then you gotta be like, fuck, I gotta fight this girl, like you know, or it would just be like me you three o'clock, you up? And then in school you'd be like, it's twelve o'clock. You just know you gotta fight this at three, you know, And it's like, you know, so like I never started fights, but I always had a fight, like for no reason at all.
Speaker 5: I mean, you a girly girl or were you tomboys girl?
Speaker 2: I was a girly girl, but I like sports, okay, So I was around the boys a lot, and the girls would be like, you know, they would think like their boyfriend or like somebody that they liked like me. But mind you, I'm I'm just like, I'm chilling. I'm not even thinking about boys and stuff in that way. I'm just having fun and playing sports at.
Speaker 1: Why are you mad at me? Because he might have an interest to me? I ain't got no interest in him. Be mad at him?
Speaker 2: Exactly a story in my life, shinning. It ain't my fun, girl, Like I'm not.
Speaker 5: You know who's scoring big in the NBA this season?
Speaker 1: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA, from the monster slams to dishing the rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player. And prop bets you can make on DraftKings, the home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app make your pick first time.
Speaker 5: Here's something special for you.
Speaker 1: New Draft King customers bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the right with Draft Kings Shorts book Every Point Counts. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bet when you bet just five books only on DraftKings.
Speaker 5: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 5: Were your parents together?
Speaker 1: I mean, do you remember your pants being together in getting them or were they divorced before you remember anything about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: My father had me when he was nineteen and my mom was twenty three. Okay, but my dad just a poor white boy in Philly, grew up in foster care.
Speaker 3: His mom didn't really love him.
Speaker 2: He never knew his dad, and so when my mom got pregnant, he was like, I mean, the only option I have is to join the military. So he joined the military at nineteen and they ship my dad off. So most of my life my dad was gone serving our country. But it wasn't an ideal situation because I was mostly with my mom taking care of her, like mentally and emotionally.
Speaker 5: So do you hunger?
Speaker 1: How much do you know about your dad because you said, like nineteen, your mom got pregnant, he goes to the military to help support you. So are you were you familiar with your dad? What type of relationship did you have with your other?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean you got to think I'm forty one years old, right, so this is the nineties. Yes, So you can't just get on FaceTime when my dad's in Iraq.
Speaker 3: You know, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Wait for a letter, wait till you can he can get to a phone to call me, and hopefully I'm home. With the time difference, I might be at school, I miss the phone call or whatever. It wasn't that easy to stay in touch with him. But my dad loved me. He always loved me. It's just the circumstances up. But me and my father are closer than ever now.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did your mom ever say anything negative about your dad that he left and went to the military, that he wasn't there to help help her with you or did you understand the situation?
Speaker 3: My mom spoke very negatively about my dad. Yeah, she did. Sorry, mom, this is my story.
Speaker 2: I got to tell my school, okay, and I love my mom and again and now that I'm older, I do understand a lot more. Yeah, my mom would be like that motherfucker, don't come around.
Speaker 3: He da da da dah this and that.
Speaker 2: And now that I'm older, my dad's like, yo, I can't just leave Panama. I'm writing with Noriega, like I can't just get up and come. You know. It's a different time. And so now I do understand that dynamic. And I feel like maybe my mom didn't understand that right back in the day, you know, and maybe she understands it now. I haven't had a conversation with her about that. But for me, Shannon, I like to just move forward and just let's shit go.
Speaker 3: I don't want to dwell on all that stuff.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I've had resentment towards my dad initially, then I had resentment towards my mom later, and I just feel I'd just been in survival mode my whole life. And I'm tired. I really am tired because I become famous and I'm still in survival mode, you know, So yes, all the time, every day day. I just I mean, I just wish someday I could just I don't know, you seem tired, take a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been fighting you feel you've been fighting your entire life and you just want I don't want to fight anymore. I had to fight girls when I was growing up. I had to take care of my mom. I had to fight, fight, fight, fight.
Speaker 5: Just one day. I just want to I just want to rely, just want to decompress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, imagine you're young. Excuse me, you're the only child. My stepfather was an alcoholic, so he would, you know, he would go on binges for weeks at a time, come back and I would get you know, I grew up in a one bedroom apartment with my mom one bathroom, you know, we were poor, and I would get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and he would just be drunk on the toilet, passed out, just like that. And it's like, I gotta do what I gotta do to get out of here, you know. And I started very young, thinking like taking the train up to New York, trying to make connections, try to get signed to modeling agencies, just trying to do everything I can to make enough money to get out.
Speaker 5: So is this where the exotic dancing came in at?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely so.
Speaker 5: I mean I think I'm started at fifteen.
Speaker 2: Well, I yes, that was the first time I danced. I was fifteen years old, and granted my parents did not know.
Speaker 1: Of course, how do you pull that off? Because don't they normally? I d or, man, you just look very mature for your age.
Speaker 3: Well, I just went to the check cash and place and just got a fake ID. Like it was just like.
Speaker 2: They're giving out fake id's okay, I'm on my way. Like it was like, you know, but I'll be honest. I used to like, I used to like weigh crack rocks for this drug deal. I'm not gonna mention his name, but I used to weigh the crack and I in bags and I said, he used to throw me money. But then I went to him, I'm like, I have to make more money because me and my mom became homeless because my stepfather was a construction worker but also an alcoholic.
Speaker 5: So he would they missed too many Mondays or they gonna let you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he would do like he would do estimates all around these neighborhoods and then he wouldn't finish the job. Oh you know, So then he would take the money and go get drunk or whatever. And we got evicted when I was like fifteen years old and I had nowhere to go, so I started staying at my friend's house. But then her mom was like, you need to put up some money for food, and I'm like, I don't have no money, right, I'm fifteen years old, don't have no money. So I would like sometimes I would get like fifty cent or like a quarter or something. I go get a chicken wing for a corner at the corner of Chinese store. I get a chicken wing or something, maybe some fried rice if I had like a dollar fifty or something. But yeah, so we got evicted and then Shannon I tried to sell crack bro I tried. I did it for like two hours, and I was so scared.
Speaker 3: Dealing with these people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can imagine.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yo, I cannot do this. I can't. I want them Like.
Speaker 2: In my mind, I'm like, you see the money I meant surviving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to get out.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure my life out and I'm young and I don't have no family, right, so you know. Then I ran into some girls and they were like, you're pretty, you can come make money over here, and it just was not my personality at all, and I just I felt like, what else am I going to do? I can't go work at McDonald's, but it's not enough money.
Speaker 5: So let me ask give you this.
Speaker 1: I had cash doll on and she said when she first I think she was in her teens. Also when she first started, what is the mindset that you have to get in to go do that? Because she said, hey, I had to take a couple of shots get my mind right to know that all of a sudden, I have to take my clothes off in front of strange man. Taking your clothes off in front of your man is one thing. Taking your clothes off in a building everybody watching is something entirely different. So what was the mindset that amber Rose had to get in and says, you're fifteen sixteen at this time, what was the mindset that you had to go to to say if I can do this.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about it, Shannon. I just knew that I had to make money to eat, get my mom an apartment, and figure it out. I never drank. I never did a drug in my life. To this day, I've never tried coke Molly. People would be like, how did you marry?
Speaker 3: What's khalif?
Speaker 2: And you never smoke weed? I don't smoke weed. I just was a laser focused.
Speaker 3: On making money. And I don't know where cash all.
Speaker 2: Worked, but where I worked, it was only topless. Okay, okay, so it wasn't I've never danced nude.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 5: So you kept the bottom.
Speaker 2: Zone, yes, okay, kept the bottoms on, so it was just topless. I was like, I mean, once you see a pair of titties, you've seen them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yah yeah, I don't know if you.
Speaker 5: Did yeah, I think football.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, never. I've never danced nude ever, no never.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like once you get into the dressing room with the girls and everyone has there, yeah, you're just you become desensitized.
Speaker 3: You're like, it's really not a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's not like a huge reveal where the guys are like, oh my god, it's you know, so did you.
Speaker 5: Make a lot of money? You make good?
Speaker 1: I mean so, so your first night working you go in there, You're like, Okay, I got to do this. There is no other option. I don't have any family. I can lean on my mom, really needs me to come through. You're fifteen, sixteen years of age. How much money did you make the first night? And were you hooked from that point on?
Speaker 3: Thirty three dollars, I'll never forget three.
Speaker 5: You about have came up better going to McDonald's.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, three dollars, yes.
Speaker 1: Well, how much was the dance? A dollar?
Speaker 2: I didn't do no dances. I was too scared. I was too scared, Shannon. I just was not that girl. I felt like I had to be there and I went on stage and this was one.
Speaker 3: Of those It was it more of a gentleman's club, like a make a ring club.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the guys was like giving me little one.
Speaker 5: Yes, they talking a buck, Yeah, took a buck.
Speaker 3: I made thirty three dollars, thirty three.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll never forget the number, because I was like, at least I get to eat.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, You're like, ok, if you make thirty three dollars, now, that's not a big incentive, am, But to come back the next night. I'm just saying, I just see if you made a five or you made five hundred, you made two fifty, yeah, thousand dollars. Absolutely, I'm coming back thirty three dollars. But somehow you're like, I got to go back.
Speaker 3: Yes, I even got junks and everything at the club for.
Speaker 1: Thirty three dollars.
Speaker 2: Not that nice, okay, but I got so they took your money. Hell no, they didn't take my money. Okay, No, they didn't take my money.
Speaker 1: So why would you get jumped because you order you the prettiest girl in the club.
Speaker 2: I got jumped because there was stages, right, and you know when you get called to stage, then you got to go to the next stage and a new girl comes up and it's like a rotation. Yes, so I this girl went up before me, and she was doing all these tricks and splits and stuff like that. And I was never that dancer. I was always very sensual and sexy. That's the type of dancer I was. So she got up and I think they were like Africans, if I remember correctly, and they just had stacks and stacks and stacks of money at this one stage, Shannon, they didn't.
Speaker 3: Give her a dollar. They didn't give this girl a dollar.
Speaker 2: So it was my turn to get on stage, and it was a tsunami as soon as I stepped foot on that stage. It was crazy and she got mad at me. What and she is so she so she was bullying me and then we go into the dressing room and she's like, mm hmm, I want to think they.
Speaker 3: Better they cute.
Speaker 2: Just I was like, girl, you're obviously talking about me, Like, just say it to me, right. I was in the Bronx. I was like, who's rendezvous at the time, and uh. One of her friends was like, don't talk to her like that. And I'm like, oh, are about the jump, you know? And then I said, you know, you shut it up because I felt like if I don't you know, I'm from Philly. If I don't do this, I can't come back and make money, I can't let these bully me, you know.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, they wind up jumping me. But the girl that started everything didn't even jump in. We didn't even fight. It was it was her friends that jumped me in what was.
Speaker 5: Your stage name?
Speaker 1: Paris coming to the stage all the way from Philly. Let's give it up for Paris.
Speaker 3: You know, I was Paris before Paris Hillton.
Speaker 2: He's gonna say that, yeah, because I was like, I'm gonna be Paris.
Speaker 5: So you so, how long how long were your exotic dancer?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Oh god, probably five seven years?
Speaker 1: Five years. But so you had to be making some good money, did you after why?
Speaker 3: I was, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: You was the girl that they came back. They requested, man, where's Paris? I'm looking for Paris?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: So were you like, how many nights a week would you work? Two nights a week, three nights a week, five nights.
Speaker 2: I would work all the time. Sometimes I'll do doubles, sometimes I'll do day shifts.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I mean normally the girls that day shift.
Speaker 3: They don't be like that now exactly.
Speaker 1: Why make money? Yeah, you're the baddest breaking the powerm oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Because you know, like the businessmen will come on their lunch break. Yeah, and yeah, I would make I would make money.
Speaker 5: You get an apartment? You're doing well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you know, like, I'm just doing this temporarily. This is not gonna I'm not going to make this a career. So what was your thought? PROB said, So what would you? Did you have an exit plan?
Speaker 3: I did, so.
Speaker 2: I moved to New York. Well, so when I was going up to New York and I was trying to get signed to a modeling agency. And what's crazy is.
Speaker 3: That Channing Tatum before he was famous.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we both weren't famous, but he was like dating some girl that I knew and we all became friends or whatever.
Speaker 3: And he was an exotic dancer.
Speaker 2: So I was like, chan can you get me some appointments up in New York. I'm tall, I'm slim at the time, and I had kids and now I filled out a little bit. So I'm like, can you give me some appointments at modeling agencies? And he was like of course. So I would go up there and I had hair at the time, and they were like, no, no, no, girl, You're never going to be a model. It's never going to happen for you. And make a very long story short. I went back to Philly and I was like, you know, okay, I'm a pretty girl, but all the girls are pretty that are going up there, They're all beautiful girls. How can I stand out? And I went to the barbershop and I said, just go down the middle. I don't care, just shave this off. Really, yes, you cut.
Speaker 1: All the I'm assuming because you're biracial, your father's while your mom is black. Correct, Yes, So I'm I'm I'm I'm assuming, and I am I have a lot of hair.
Speaker 5: Forgive me for being presumptuous. Those gorgeous locks.
Speaker 3: You just shaved them, shaved it off, shaved it off.
Speaker 2: And I said, you know what, I don't because I used to put my hair in a ponytail, a low ponytail, and look from the side and I was say, it kind of.
Speaker 3: Looks like I have a nice shaped head.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, you definitely have. You definitely have the head that you can pull it off.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So you know, I took a gamble and and I won, and I got signed to Ford Models out of New York. But I wasn't a famous model. I was just I just got signed, so I still wasn't like this famous model.
Speaker 3: I still had to work, started to make money.
Speaker 2: I was sending money back to Philly for my mom.
Speaker 3: And I just tried everything. And then oh and then this lady.
Speaker 2: Comes into SU's rendezvous and she's like, you should do music videos, damn. And I was like, I'm a real model. I'm not doing.
Speaker 3: Just my ego right.
Speaker 2: Talking okay, And she was like, no, it's all expenses paid and you get paid like one thousand dollars and you get like a pre damn to eat and you know, get a hotel and everything. So I was like, get I'll do it. And then my first video was a young jeezy I put on from my city.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I had hair because I would like wear hair to the strip club because when I modeled, I was ballheaded.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So so at what age did you cut your hair? Eighteen eighteen? And so this is kind of the look that you've had since you were eighteen, twenty two years, since twenty two years. Yeah, you don't miss it.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: You're gonna let it grow back?
Speaker 3: You're not, probably not, probably not. I don't.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just like it's.
Speaker 5: Your look now. I mean it's kind of like you see Amber Rolle.
Speaker 1: You expect to see the low haircut and I don't want to say ball here, but you expect to see this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure. I throw a wig on everything. But you know what it's like, I almost look worse with like wigs. It's so weird.
Speaker 5: People recognize you with a wig.
Speaker 3: They do. They'll be like, girl, if you don't take that wig off.
Speaker 1: Okay, the lady comes in she says, you know what you ought to do.
Speaker 5: You ought to do music videos.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm a real model, but anyway, you give it a try, you do it for a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And then yes, so I do that, and then she calls me back for another Young Jeezy video vacation, but again at the strip club.
Speaker 3: I'm wearing a wig.
Speaker 2: So then she calls me back for a Ludacris and Chris Brown video. I know what them girls like and I said, well, her name is Margot.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Margo.
Speaker 2: I said, Margo, you know I got like this buzz cut underneath this wig I've been wearing. Do you think like maybe the next video I do, like I can rock my short haircut. And she was like video girls don't have short haircuts. Amber like, it's just not a thing, right, And I said, well, can I just send a picture maybe maybe they might try it, you know. So she sent it to Chris Robinson, the video director, and he's like, yo.
Speaker 3: Fly her out.
Speaker 2: And I became one of the main girls in that video. It was my first time in LA so I was really excited and that video is really what changed my life.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, I read you once got paid one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: For a music video? Is that true? No, what's the most you ever made in the music video?
Speaker 3: Twenty five thousand?
Speaker 5: Is that normal or was that excessive?
Speaker 3: Well, I was already famous.
Speaker 2: I think Future gave me twenty five thousand, or mask Off, I think he gave me twenty five thousand. Yeah, and then I think I did fabulous his music video. You'd be killing them. I think he gave me like fifteen thousand. But really, at that time, I just thought it was cool, Like they were like my home music say.
Speaker 3: I'm like, y'all come through and do a video.
Speaker 1: It's not a problem because I did music videos with Future, Nicki Minaj's Young, j Z, fam Luda Breezey, Kanye Wherez and Mary Mary two of these guys. You end up we're gonna talk about that. What's your best experience in the music video? So just meeting the guys and like, damn, they really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was very surprised with Future because he comes off very toxic, but like we haven't seen where. We're like in the car, like driving together, and he's just a really nice, well spoken guy. Like I could see why girls date Future, okay, because I'll see it online and they'll be like, girl, you dan in future, you know how future. But when I did this video with him, I was like, he's actually really nice. And you know, my friend China dated him, right, But yeah, he's just a well spoken, very professional, nice guy.
Speaker 5: What's the worst part of doing music videos?
Speaker 2: I'm when I come on set, I'm very professional. I'm not drinking, I'm not doing nothing. I'm waiting for my turn or waiting.
Speaker 3: To get called. That's just that's just how I move. So I've always had a pleasant experience.
Speaker 1: So what is there anything that people their perception of music videos that's not reality?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What does the public don't get about music videos?
Speaker 3: I think it depends on the artist.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you, because again, Chris Brown, Young, Geezy, Future, fabulous, they were all very professional with everybody that was there, so I didn't have a bad experience. I can't speak for other artists, you know, I don't know what they do on set, but these guys were always great.
Speaker 5: I read.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's true or not that Nicki Minaj helped you get your following me up by shouting you out that you got gained like a ton of followers.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I called her and I said, girl, I needed I just signed up for Twitter. Can you give me a shout out? And she was like hell yeah, and then she did it. I was just went at Nikki's house the other day. Yeah, we're still We're still good friends, you know.
Speaker 5: So you got a cool relationship with her, Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, video Vixen's that's is that the m that's the term that some of you, some of you young ladies get. You look at Melissa Ford and Karen Stephen's and Buffy the Body, Gloria Bellez, Black China, Eric Manena.
Speaker 5: Is that a? Is that an enduring term? Or you're like, now we end up we just well.
Speaker 2: That's a part of my resume. Okay, I'm not a video of Vixen now, but I was.
Speaker 3: I was. Yeah, and it was a fun time really yeah, hell yeah it was fun.
Speaker 5: Did you did you work with any of these ones that I mentioned?
Speaker 3: I did not. I haven't had the pleasure. Now, wow, would you do a little before my time?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah I came after those girls.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, my bad.
Speaker 3: Uh oh not just playing, No, shade to the girls. Oh my god, I didn't mean it like that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that they're a general They're like with Cisco and like I was still young with like Drew Hill and Cisco and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I read that John Legend said that I sat down with John Legend as a matter of fact, this very building here, and it was talking about that he had a shot a video.
Speaker 5: That's how he ended up meeting his wife, Christy Tigan.
Speaker 1: Obviously you went on a video a couple of video shoots and you ended up meeting your future partners. Is that when you go on the shoot, you was like, I'm keeping it professional, yes, or at least you try to. Is that the goal of some women like go on decess and maybe try to get with the guy.
Speaker 3: That's I'm sure women do that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure plenty of women do that. That's personally not me. But it's crazy because you're referring to Kanye when I did his video. Yes, okay, well he flew me out to do RoboCop video because he was like, you look like a robot. I think this would be cool, right, And I said absolutely, I'll doube. You're Kanye West. Of course I'll come out shoot the video. It would be an honor. And I come out and shoot the I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I go to LA and we're like hanging out.
Speaker 2: That night, i meet him and he's on another video set and I'm like, okay, so what time should.
Speaker 3: I be ready? Tomorrow morning? Is the cardon?
Speaker 2: You know? So I'm so used to like these other videos I've done before that, and he's like, no, not just chill. We're going to figure it out.
Speaker 3: I'll just you know. So I'm like okay.
Speaker 2: So then a day goes by, Then another day goes by, we're going out to dinners.
Speaker 3: Oh we're going We're going like, you know, you're.
Speaker 1: Doing everything but shooting the video, and yes, I'm doing everything.
Speaker 3: We're shooting a video.
Speaker 2: Some like Kanye, you know, like only like one outfit, because that's what I was used to. You flying, you do the video, you have an outfit to get back on the airplane and go home. He's like, you don't need no outfit. Don't even worry about it. I got you.
Speaker 3: So I'm like okay.
Speaker 2: So then he's so then we go out to dinner and he this is like the fourth fifth day I'm there and he's like, hey, do you want to I know this is crazy, but do you want to come to the Grammys with me? And I was like, oh my god, yes, like this, you know it sounds fun. So we went to the Grammys and then you know me, I'm just I'm so young, Shannon, I'm like, are we still doing this video? I did not realize I got flown out.
Speaker 1: O hell, I'm sitting here. I didn't realize you got flown.
Speaker 3: I was so green.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that he really flew me out because he saw me in the ideo right and you know, hot, and then he flew me out.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Were you at the video when he jumped on the stage with Taylor?
Speaker 3: Yes, you called that. I did not. I did not call that.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you a question. Okay, day one go by, you're in shoot no video. Day two go by. He like, Bro, I understand, we going to dinner things, but Bro, I need to make money. Did you ever did that? Thought like, hold on, I'm not here and that's fine. I'm going to these nice restaurants, but that ain't putting no money in my pocket.
Speaker 2: Well you have to think, Shannon, like it's still Kanye West, and he's very nice to me, and he's not being fresh with me or nothing, being very respectful and nice.
Speaker 5: See that's that nineties talking fresh.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like he you know, he was. He was very charming. So I was having a good time. But once I realized, you know, so anyway, we go to the Grammy, Right, I called my mom. I said, Mom, Kanye invited me to the Grammys. Like I just I'm flabbergasted. I don't know, Like she's like, baby, just go have a good time, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So little did I know.
Speaker 2: The same day I called my mom was the same day my aunt died. It was my favorite person in the whole world. It's my mom's sister, right, and she died of an overdose. But so I call Kanye because I'm at the hotel and I guess he's at home, and I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I have to leave.
Speaker 2: I have to go back to Philly and my aunt died, and he was like, I'll go with you.
Speaker 3: I'll come with you. I don't care. And I was like, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Kanye, you can't come with me because the funeral is going to be all about you being there. Let me just go handle my stuff. I'll just call you. And he's like, okay, okay. So I go and I go to my aunt's funeral and he's checking on me every hour, Shannon, every hour's checking on me.
Speaker 3: And mind you this.
Speaker 2: We didn't have sex, we didn't kiss, we didn't hug, we didn't do nothing. Like I flew out to do a music video. He's take me out to dinner. But that was about it. So long story short, the funerals. Over a couple of days go by, he calls me and he's just like, I know this is crazy, but like you should just come out here and just be with me. Just move to LA and just come and be with me, like I'd been thinking about you every day. Wow, And I just think we should try it. And I'm like, well, I got to go back to the Bronx and get all my stuff out out of my apartment.
Speaker 3: He's all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I'll get you all brand new stuff. You don't need nothing. So I left all my in the Bronx.
Speaker 3: I left everything I had, and he got me everything brand new.
Speaker 5: Somebody got some good stuff up in the Bronx, hun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got some cool ain't as school as but Kanye brought me.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Shannon, I did not know. I just did not know. So when people are like, oh, Kanye found her at the strip club, he didn't even know I was a dancer. And so I went back to La to be with him. I was like, by the way I was dancing, and he was like, I don't give a shit about that, Like, I just want to be with you.
Speaker 3: So he was very charming.
Speaker 2: That's why I fell in love with Kanye because it was really amazing at the time.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Kanye. So first dates, give me, give me a kind of like a timeline, like a first date.
Speaker 5: High should line up?
Speaker 1: Okay, I see some you see somebody Because this studies say, now nobody ask anybody on a date in person.
Speaker 5: Basically it's dming. It's you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Third party a my homeboy or my homegirl saw you, or they want to know can they get you? You know, give me your ig, don't nobody's passed out, no numbers anymore.
Speaker 5: You can hit me on ig things like that.
Speaker 1: So if someone were to ask, and I don't want to be disrespectful, So if you're in a relationship, I apologize.
Speaker 3: I'm very much single.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just what's the best way to go about asking Amber.
Speaker 5: Rolls out on a date?
Speaker 3: Just ask me. I might actually say yes, because no one talks to me ever. And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: You know, people will be like, you know, how did Nick Cannon get Mariah? And it's like he got Mariah because he actually asked and he wasn't intimidated because she was Mariah carried, you know, and you gotta think somebody like Mariah or even me.
Speaker 3: I know I'm not Mariah.
Speaker 2: You might say, yeah, but they just are so they're scared of the rejection that so many months go by where no one tries to talk to us, and then we're.
Speaker 5: Just what's wrong with me? Just like.
Speaker 1: With y'all. So you like a confident man, You like a man to walk up on you say, excuse me?
Speaker 5: Can I take you to lunch? Can I take you to gain? You know?
Speaker 1: Not like to climb?
Speaker 5: Lord have mers? You got to give me in trouble.
Speaker 1: But so, but you like, you like a man with confidence that's not put off because there's not there's not I feel comfortable in saying this. I don't think there are very many people that can that's gonna walk up on you and not know who you are. But a lot of times people get intimidated by the men that you dated. She dated Kanye, she dated a wiz, she dated Sam and so they like automatically. Yeah, So let me ask you a question. You cool with a dude that's that's not on that level.
Speaker 3: As far as what like, either famous or financially Yes.
Speaker 1: I mean obviously, Look, you're doing good for yourself. I ain't gonna be with somebody that ain't doing as good as me. I need you to be due at least as good as me, if not better, better, it's better. But I'm saying, could it be someone that's not famous quote unquote of.
Speaker 2: Course, yeah, they don't have to be famous at all, but they they.
Speaker 5: They gotta have to be rich.
Speaker 3: They have to be rich for sure.
Speaker 1: So you go out, So what's so? How's because it's interesting to see because you know, you think you how I would talk to someone that's not famous versus someone that is famous.
Speaker 5: You're trying to like, Okay, when a n actuality is still a.
Speaker 1: Woman and they like pretty much a lot of the same things. So I can have a normal you could a guy can have a normal conversation, correct.
Speaker 3: Right, exactly. So there was this guy, it was like two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: He went to his manager and asked about me. If his manager knew someone that knew me to get in contact with me, right.
Speaker 5: You're doing too much bro.
Speaker 3: So he did all that.
Speaker 2: So I finally get on the phone. I'm like, why didn't you just DM me? And he was like, I just feel like you got so many dms.
Speaker 5: You ain't gonna see me.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna see And I said, I have no dms. My dms are so dry. Men are terrified of me, Shannon, even when I go on dates, like their handshake and I'm just like.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, are you okay being because the thing is Amber the thing of people? I think sometimes the like the public, the publicity, what comes along with Amber Rose. Are you okay not being dating publicly? I prefer that okay, because you.
Speaker 5: Know you date public, you got to break up public.
Speaker 3: I made those.
Speaker 2: Mistakes throughout the years. I don't I'm not even concerned with that anymore.
Speaker 1: But when gods slide to your DM, do I mean, do they like I would like to get to know you? How do you? How do you differentiate, how do you like?
Speaker 5: Okay, you serious?
Speaker 1: Oh you man, you're going to bull jobs and so forth to So how do you how do you determine.
Speaker 5: What are you going to entertain and what you're gonna mark the red?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not based off the first conversation on the phone. If you're stupid. I'm very attracted to like I'm attracted to articulate, smart men that have like a soothing energy but still very masculine and strong. I need all of those components to make me feel safe around you. So if I get on the phone with you and you're like, yo, what up? Shauty, what up? I'm going to be like this, ain't it. It's not it. It's not it.
Speaker 1: You mentioned like you want someone that's obviously financially secure, So what is this? What about fifty to fifty relationships? You ain't You ain't trying to hear that?
Speaker 5: Bruh. You asked me out come on with it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially on the date. I'm not paying for no date. I'm not paying for no date. Okay, I'm not Like, if I I'm in a committed relationship with someone, why do I have to pay the bills?
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not so no bills.
Speaker 2: I'm I can pay for my cell phone bill because it's like already like set up, Like I'm not gonna be like let me take my credit card off and put yours on.
Speaker 3: I'm not an ass, but you know, I mean just.
Speaker 2: Realistically, I don't like, I don't even know how that would work. I've never experienced.
Speaker 5: Have you ever paid for a date? Have you a guy?
Speaker 1: Have you ever taken a guy out and paid for his date, been paid for them, you know, brought to you know, the meal, the check came and you're like, babe, I got this.
Speaker 2: Or if it was my man, yes, for sure, I'll do that. That's not a problem. But if it's just a date and I'm getting to know the person.
Speaker 1: No, do you want to share bank accounts or you're okay, like you got your own? I got my own. I know you're gonna take care of me like that. Or do you need to be have a You guys need to have a joint bank account, even if you if you're married. I understand that because I think everybody if you're married, have a joint bank account. You got your bank account, I got my bank account. But what about just dating? We're not married.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to see that's too invasive. Okay, yeah I don't. I don't need that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I don't need that.
Speaker 5: Marriage. You want to get married again.
Speaker 3: If I find the right person, But I'm not kid one more kid? Do I want another baby? Daddy? Is the question?
Speaker 5: Because you told me I think you you want you want a girl? Right? You want to? You got two boys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't mind another boy.
Speaker 5: What about a daughter?
Speaker 1: You don't want to I'm good, you're a friend, he might be like big, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm actually I love my boys.
Speaker 2: I'm very much a boy's mom, so I'm so used to that that I don't even know what I would do with a girl, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But I would have to get.
Speaker 2: A Sarah Gate because I was telling you before we started, I have tears in my spinal cord from pregnancy. So I have to get like epidoro steroids shots and stuff. And once I get those, I'm like running around like a teenager.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: But to go through that like again with my body and carrying a baby in my body, I can I go through that again?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, gifts. What's the best gift you've ever received?
Speaker 3: I don't get gifts.
Speaker 1: Stop this dam and I see now see how you see putting on?
Speaker 5: We would do it good.
Speaker 1: I thought you was courteous, receptive to courtesy, and now you're gonna tell me and nobody know about you no gifts.
Speaker 3: They don't buy me gifts. They don't buy me gifts.
Speaker 1: They don't buy you no gifts anymore, or they have never bought you gifts.
Speaker 2: I never really like, I never like men have taken me shopping. For sure, I go shopping, but as far as like I was thinking about you and I got you this.
Speaker 3: No, really, I'm telling you you know.
Speaker 2: When I was at home and I was thinking about this interview, I'm like, people are gonna think that I'm a liar, Yes, but I really just always had bad luck. Like I just feel like my whole life has just been bad luck. And I had some cool happen, but for the most part, I don't know. I just never really had I.
Speaker 3: Mean, maybe a Christmas gift, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I see girls on Instagram and it's like my boyfriend just bought me a g wagon.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I never got that ever.
Speaker 5: Wow, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: But how would you feel like or you start dating because I think you know, once you start leading with money, there's an expectation that that's the continuation and that's the way it should be. So I mean, so what's your expectations you get in.
Speaker 3: I don't leave with money.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. They leave, you know, lead with money. I don't expect you to. But I'm saying of a guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hear what you're saying. I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, here's the thing. I won't just date a man because he has money. Okay, if that's the case, I could have been married a billionaire already. I need to want to have sex with you. I need to want to snuggle up with you. I need to want to not eat until I eat with you. That's what I love. I'm a lover girl.
Speaker 3: Oh uh.
Speaker 2: You know, if we're watching the series, I'm not finna watch the next episode without you. That's the type of person I am. So I can't just be with a guy just because he has money.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: It has to be a full package, which is why I've been single for the past two years.
Speaker 3: It's because I just won't. I just won't settle.
Speaker 2: I just won't settle for something that's not genuinely gonna make me excited.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I mean, it's not like you got a wheelhouse type of guy. I mean with this six four you got Kanye looks order, I mean, I mean you'd be I.
Speaker 3: Dated white man, I dated black man. I did. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't really have a preference and looks Okay, yeah, I don't. I just I like Korean men too, like I like the Yeah, like the the k pop.
Speaker 1: They're like cute athletes.
Speaker 5: I don't know about. You dated an athlete.
Speaker 3: Before I dated one was a l I don't want to talk about.
Speaker 1: But I was.
Speaker 2: Going through a divorce. It don't count. But I did in Monte Morris, that was my boyfriend for a while.
Speaker 3: We're actually still very close.
Speaker 2: And I'm close with his family and stuff like that, but as friends, we haven't been together for a very long time.
Speaker 5: What about football player getting a football guy? Know what's wrong with them?
Speaker 3: They're a little you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I tried.
Speaker 5: I tried. I tried to get y'all leave, but he like.
Speaker 3: Crazy, So no, it's okay. So it's not that.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know what's Shannon, I'm gonna be honest with you. If I get on the phone with you and you you try to love bombing and then all you talk about is sex, I'm gonna block you very early on in the conversations.
Speaker 3: And I feel like with.
Speaker 2: A lot of athletes, they're very sexual all the time, and it's like, can we just chop it up and laugh and just go to.
Speaker 3: The movies and to eat. Like, just like men have groupies, I have groupies too.
Speaker 2: So when it gets too convenient and too easy, I'm turned off.
Speaker 3: It's too accessible for me. I'm not the average girl.
Speaker 2: So when it's too accessible and you just slinging it all over the place, I'm like, it's not I don't really want it, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's that's your red flag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like I just want to I want to see you. I want to do this. And now I'm like, God, what's your last name? But where you come? You got kids? What's going on here?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What are what your hobbies?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Talking about having sex with me? You don't even know me?
Speaker 5: So weird idea first day?
Speaker 3: Okay, I might't need another sipidition. God damn.
Speaker 5: All right, Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: Are we doing this? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know we're doing this. I'm calling, I'm calling you pick up? Hello, Hey, how you doing this? Shannon?
Speaker 3: Oh? Hey Shannon.
Speaker 1: Uh that was the one thing. If you're free tomorrow night, I want to take you to dinner. I just want to get to know you, just just feel you out, nothing, having nothing major, no no strings attached. It's not like this is a committed relationship or anything like that. But I just want to get to know you and see if we can buy it.
Speaker 3: I'm actually free tomorrow. I would love that with time.
Speaker 5: Uh, I'm on.
Speaker 1: My way right now, but I think of a party.
Speaker 5: So so, okay, got called.
Speaker 2: I'm easy, you know, but I'm not easy in that way.
Speaker 3: But it's like, if i'm available, sure I'll go.
Speaker 4: On a date.
Speaker 5: What do you like? So?
Speaker 1: What's a what's a you wanna dimly lid? Okay, you're cool. You want to be off in the back room somewhere. What's what's what's an ideal evening for amber?
Speaker 3: Great conversation?
Speaker 2: Okay, eye contact, not talking about sex at all, it's gonna turn me off.
Speaker 3: What are your dreams?
Speaker 2: And ambitions or what were they like you asked me earlier when you were a kid.
Speaker 3: I just want to get to know you.
Speaker 2: I want to feel a closeness to you where it makes me be like, damn, I'm thinking about him the next day.
Speaker 3: I want to see him again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like that, you know, so like y'all see that women do y'all need to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be like I want to wake up the next day and just be like that was so nice.
Speaker 3: I wonder what he's doing.
Speaker 5: Later, hopefully, I sure hope he asked me out again.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but she had it. Hold on before you say that. These men out here are princesses. Okay. They want to be the princess. They want you to text first. They want you.
Speaker 3: To be like, babe, I'm gonna take you out. They want you to call I'm gonna take you out, boo.
Speaker 2: They want you to be the man in the relationship. Really, it's so bad out here. It's so terrible. You don't know how many people are blocked, like I can't take it. And these are really I mean, I'm not going to name y'all. They're really successful guys, just stupid, just they want to be catered to, and it's like I'm old.
Speaker 1: School, but it's okay. If you call, it's okay.
Speaker 5: It's like, hey, are.
Speaker 3: You and I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, I do because somebody some of y'all, y'all, some of y'all y'all be doing too well.
Speaker 3: Not toxic.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm saying I shouldn't have to call all the time.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is is that these men nowadays do not take initiative.
Speaker 3: Like men do.
Speaker 2: If you if me, you are talking, and you text me and I'm on my phone, I'm not going to be toxic and be like let me wait. I'm gonna let him wait ten minutes for okay. That not doing that done.
Speaker 3: I'm too old for that.
Speaker 2: If I'm on my phone or you text me, I'm gonna be like, hey, what you doing, I'm gonnaect you right back. I don't care about looking thirsty and all that. If I'm excited, I'm going to show you that I'm excited and I want the same in return.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: Hold on, is it true that you make men get tested before they sleep with you?
Speaker 3: Yes, well I'm protecting yes every time.
Speaker 5: And they cool with that.
Speaker 2: They're like, okay, yeah, but they're not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you believe it. Hey, As a matter of fact, I'm coming with it that you go right now, exactly at what age did you start doing?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: What age?
Speaker 2: But again, I watched my neighborhood friend died of AIDS, So for me, it was very close to home. And I wanted to be epidemiologist, so I studied STDs and I was obsessed with like bacterias and stuff.
Speaker 3: So for me, it's like, you're not finna play with my life. I don't give how cute you are.
Speaker 1: Wow, what's the wildest thing you've ever done in relationship? I reg with Meghan Fox. I think she drank like some of the machine gun Kelly's blood. And you saw Angelina Angelina Joe Lee did this with Billy Bob Thornton. What's the wildest thing you've done in the relationship ever?
Speaker 3: I'm not a wild girl. I'm not.
Speaker 5: But why people have that perception of you know they do that?
Speaker 2: No, ask my assistant Joseph. You've been with me for ten years. I had no skeletons in my closet. I'm not into dbus sex. I don't like eating kouchie. I'm not into threesomes. I don't I'm a very traditional hole. I don't like none of that extra. I don't do drugs. I don't get drunk. I'm very square. I'm just not that person.
Speaker 5: Oh so you like a basket. You like one on one.
Speaker 3: I like one on one. I like one.
Speaker 5: Give me that, Give me that, y'ah.
Speaker 2: All them that's frowns upon nowadays, because if girls say that, it's like, oh, she ain't gonna bring No. I'm not bringing no bitchess home, y'all. I'm not doing it. Don't ask me, don't bother me with that, or just leave me alone. Right, it's not my thing.
Speaker 5: You spend the block. No, once you done, you're done.
Speaker 3: I'm done. Yeah. I hope grudges too, Really yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: I just I'm just not a forgiving person.
Speaker 5: What if it's you're the one that messed up.
Speaker 3: I don't mess up. I never met. I'm an overachiever. I do not mess up. Mm hmmm. You go through my phone if i'm if you're my man, you can go.
Speaker 2: You got my password. I don't got nothing to high Damn. Yeah, Shannon, men don't cheat on their barber. Why you won't cheat on me?
Speaker 5: Damn?
Speaker 1: I ain't look at it like that. I didn't look at it like that. You heard that.
Speaker 5: You don't cheer you, You.
Speaker 1: Don't go to the barbers. He can be cut you every ten years, all of a sudden, step out on and let somebody else cut it.
Speaker 2: They don't do that. Why why do you cheating on me for what? Why do I have to tolerate that?
Speaker 3: Damn? I'm dealing with that ship.
Speaker 1: What have dating in La taught you?
Speaker 2: It is a nightmare out here. Really, it's a nightmare.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw on Instagram the other day they said La is the worst place in America for dating.
Speaker 5: I can believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's a lot of pretending amber. There's a lot of pretending on both sides. I'm somebody that I'm not, I have something that i'm not, I'm going someplace I'm not, And so everybody, everybody is lying to each other. And then when you get together and you finally catch up, like bro Sis, you've been lying this whole time. You ain't none of what you said.
Speaker 3: It's sick out here. It's sick if.
Speaker 1: You live here, so you gotta you're gonna have if you gonna get married, you gonna have to.
Speaker 2: I live here by default because my kids are here and they're still young. If I didn't have my kids, or if I didn't want to go through all this with my baby Daddy's, I would leave.
Speaker 3: I would go to I would go to Dallas or something.
Speaker 5: I thought you'd gonna say, Houston. Why do you think people cheat?
Speaker 3: They're insecure.
Speaker 2: If you cheat, your insecure, because all you have to do is say, hey, listen, I care about you, but I'm not happy. So I want to go over here and try this. It's really not that hard. Yes, you might shatter someone's hard, but at least you're being honest. So when you cheat, you're trying to find validation somewhere else because you can't face what you got going on in your life.
Speaker 3: Just be honest.
Speaker 5: So transparency is big for you.
Speaker 3: It is the only thing. If you betray me, I've never talked to you ever again.
Speaker 5: Never Never have you ever cheated.
Speaker 3: Never, not on any boyfriend I ever had ever in my life. I never cheated. I'm not a cheater.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean you don't drink, you don't smoke. You and I here tripping?
Speaker 5: What is it? What is it?
Speaker 1: I mean I would have thought you'd have been married with my four or five kids by nothing.
Speaker 3: Men are terrified in me.
Speaker 5: Why they terrified me?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean you're a man. Tell me. I don't know. I don't know. I think they're they're intimidated by my persona.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 3: But if you get to know me.
Speaker 2: As a person, you'd be like, damn she cool with sales. I'm really just a souldfilly regular.
Speaker 1: I mean, you came in here, You're like, hey, how you doing. Nice to meet you, Thanks for having me. I appreciate you coming out to do this. You're very courteous, very receptive to courtesy. Yeah, but I can I can see because I'm thinking in my head, I'm like, wow, okay, she's a very attractive woman. I mean I see her. When you see someone that I was telling you this off camera. I say, to see someone on television and you think you're going to see this person, and all of a sudden you meet this person. Of course, I had a perception of what I thought you would be. You're nothing. What I thought you would be. That's actually sitting here talking to you off camera, now talking to you on camera. So I can see why men that see you and I like to think I'm kind of successful but a normal person. Yeah, they would be very intimidated by you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it happens.
Speaker 2: But you know, girls like me are probably the most loneliest for sure.
Speaker 1: How do you how do you know someone is cheating? Have you someone cheating? You go through his phone, you follow him out, you put what are the air tags?
Speaker 5: I think that's the thing. So how have you called? I?
Speaker 3: Will I listen?
Speaker 5: You're gonna tell your secrets.
Speaker 2: I'm a real soul Philip. I used to pull up. I will pull up. I'll do all that stuff. I'll bust out windows.
Speaker 1: I'm on jazz, but sell the windows. Somebody call I swear.
Speaker 2: To God like that is the amber back in the day. Okay, Okay, now I have an intuition. I'll know like that, and I'll just be like, out of my life.
Speaker 3: I don't tolerate. Why why tolerate?
Speaker 2: I have my own money, my own children, my own house, my own cars. Why tolerate and betrayal? If you can sit there and lie to me, you're not my friend. And in a relationship, you have to be friends with someone first before anything, you know, So if you're not my friend, why are you in my life for what?
Speaker 1: How do you repray a broken heart time? Because they say the mind replays what the heart can't delete.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when you're in a situation and you're with someone for an extended period of time and not saying this betrayal because and the thing is that I'm bright, and now what I tell people, breaking up with someone is easy if you're the one that wanted to do the breaking up. The hard part is when you want to be in this relationship and the other party doesn't. Yes, that's the hard part. How do you start to mend when you've been interwoven with this person for an extended period of time two years, five years, seven years, ten years?
Speaker 5: How do you untangle that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I go to the gym. That's all I do. I get up every day. No, it sounds superficial, but the only thing that can heal that is time. Getting up under somebody else is not going to help. Sitting at home and crying about it is not going to help. It's not going to change nothing. But if you go and you get active and you stay busy, time will go by, and then you know things will get better.
Speaker 1: This concludes the first half of my conversation. Part two is also posted and you can access it to whichever podcast platform you just listen to part one on. Just simply go back to club Shashay profile and I'll see you there.