Speaker 1: How do you smell that? Oh? I think so? Oh yeah, what is it?
Speaker 2: I think it's the It's the smell of love in the.
Speaker 3: Air everywhere I look around. What an incredible smell. Well, hello, are you all my beautiful We're here to get down to the business of love and it is an urgent business.
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 4: This is date my Aurlia first, where our gorgeous a La plays matchmaker for our start dater and three lucky contestants looking for some grand motherly aperuval. I'm your host, vico Ord, joined by our lovely.
Speaker 2: Yo that going with us Mobyan moebian Vi.
Speaker 4: Let's roll up our sleeves and get to work right away, Dad, okay if Talita to meet our sweetheart.
Speaker 1: Main dater, oh v I cannot wait.
Speaker 4: Honestly saying because I have been reading her bio and it's quite quite lovely.
Speaker 2: I am so glad we're here today.
Speaker 4: Alida, this week's main dater, told us that she makes candles inspired by her own grandmother's WHOA one.
Speaker 2: Of them smells like an old white lady at church.
Speaker 1: We know what that smells like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice and sweet, sweet with a little bit of you know, wood, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of pew wood.
Speaker 3: You know a little a little bit of ancient smells. N yes, I know them. I was there, Yeah, still here.
Speaker 2: And the other smells like a grandma's hug at a mouse.
Speaker 3: Well, never been to a mosque, but it must be the same as the church.
Speaker 1: Similar.
Speaker 4: Yes, real ead that our episodes are full of cozy cafesitos. And for today's episode, we are meeting a cafesito experts.
Speaker 2: Who and we're gonna help her find love.
Speaker 4: We're gonna slow it down over here because she seems to be real busy around town community building and runs her own pop up coffee company called Saffron Cowboy.
Speaker 2: So are you ready to meet Hannah.
Speaker 3: I'm so ready for the Saffront and the Cowboy.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Bringer.
Speaker 2: Come on in, Hannah, join us. Hello, Hello, Hi everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hannah, tell us a little bit about who you are. Give us your age, your sign, what sparks joy, what makes you take anything?
Speaker 2: Just lay it on us. We want to know it all.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I'm thirty three, I'm a Libra and my rise in my moon are Scorpio. So I don't play games. Oh, I have a really sweet dog named Amara. That's about three years old. She's a corky cattle dog. And I have a mobile coffee company like that you guys discussed. I started it in my yard here in LA and then I was working full time. About a year ago I got laid off, so I was like, you know what, I'm going to take this more seriously, and so that's what I do now for a living and it's been really life changing.
Speaker 3: Well, the good thing about all that information is that Guffycito, along with our Guffecito, is gonna be a hell of a day.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Let's do it?
Speaker 1: So what are you looking for, my love?
Speaker 5: I just want people that are deeply kind and kind of really live by that and how they move. I'm typically into people who are artists or into social justice because that's where I typically meet people doing the things that I love to do, and somebody usually with our spiritual practice, they don't have to be religious. But I think self work is extremely important when it comes to intimacy.
Speaker 4: Speaking of self work, when's the last time you dated somebody and what have you learned from that experience and what are the things that you are looking for that really align with the previous relationship or previous relationships and one of the things that now you've raised awareness around that you are going to be more conscientious moving forward of like oh if I noticed this, I don't want to repeat that, or like whatever pattern I want to break.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think the thing that came up recently from somebody I was dating about a month ago, was around boundary work that I lack in. I describe it as I feel like there was a door in my bedroom that I just covered up with a dresser and I convinced myself that there was a wall. And this person was like, hey, there's a door in your bedroom, and I was like, no, there's not a door. And now I've opened the door and I'm just seeing all this like clutter of things that I self to work on when it comes to boundaries. I think I led a lot of things slide because I grew up being uncomfortable. I'm biracial, so you know, I'm like white with my mom and then I'm Middle Eastern at my dad's and I can't fully be queer in either space. So I think recently, yeah, I know when people are rude or mean, but I don't know how to advocate when I feel uncomfortable, and so since being in that dynamic, I've been reading all these boundary books, I've been like confronting. I've confronted like fifteen people in the last month. You know, I think when you confront people, you actually deepen the connection. And I'm really interested in that in my life. And so whether it's neighbors. I'm really close to my neighbors, like they drop off fapoosa to me and I give them coffee, and like we're deeply connected. But there are things that are annoying, Right, So how do I communicate that, whether it's neighbors or in work or business or intimacy. So that's a really thing that I'm grateful for.
Speaker 4: That's fucking beautiful. How does someone woo you? What are the things that are like, oh, I see you, thank you for making a bit for connection.
Speaker 1: That's what I want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean I love thoughtfulness. So whenever I'm vending and people flirted with me by like getting me coffee from a trip, that is super sweet. Right, there are these like things that you know that I'm into, or a toy for my dog, or you bring dinner you know that I'm tired or something like that. And I think quality time. I think going and doing activities together.
Speaker 4: What are some activities that you enjoy doing accompanied I.
Speaker 5: Love comedy shows, I love going to the theater. I love figuring out new hikes. I car camp a good amount. So I just went to New Mexico with my dog.
Speaker 1: Oh nice.
Speaker 5: I really like to swim, so I love finding rivers and lakes, So those are like fun activities for me.
Speaker 4: Hell was Yeah, you mentioned something earlier about spirituality. How does that affect the way in which you seek connection from other folks.
Speaker 5: My parents split when I was four, so I grew up really Christian at my mom's house and very Muslim at my dad's. And then in about high school, Islam really landed for me. So I identify as Muslim, and I think religion and a connection with a higher entity is literally pivotal to my essence. I truly don't know who I would be without that. I think that's given me a really big sense of dedication and service to community. I think that's why I'm really interested in it. Growing up in the Mosque was very about community and about deep connection with people that aren't your blood family, and I find that really special. It makes me feel like somebody has my back, and I really I think you have to have that confidence to move in the world or like as send to self actualization.
Speaker 4: Within the queer spectrum, where do you sort of feel a land at and marrying that with your religious practice.
Speaker 5: Growing up, I didn't really have a language around queerness, you know, in the nineties, so I just didn't have examples of that. I think as I've gotten older, my dad is pretty homophobic, so I had to set a boundary. If I don't communicate with you, that is not okay to me, just like fundamentally. But my mom is super supportive, and it's been a process. My mom would call my partners my friends, and I had to be like, you know, you need to stop saying that, like that's actually not true. And to see her come so far has been so wonderful. It's been really cool to see my family on the journey with me. I think you can't really do this in isolation, and then I think it's so in the fabric of my business. My business is homage to myself and my family, so it's just very a part of everything that I do is letting people, especially queer people of color, know that like as a business, as a person like I am walking alongside you, and then there's a huge niche in Middle eastertain people that follow my company, and I think that's really special, especially queer Middle Eastern people in LA because we've been so underrepresented because the sentences seems us as white. So that's how I would answer that.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Many things need to change in our society, but we are taking it one day at a time. You did mention that the candles that you make were inspired by your grandmothers. Tell me a little bit about that, and they are still around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, they're both still around. I just really wanted something that made me feel like a kid and made me feel really good. And I think scent and scent of my grandma's are really that for me. And then I wanted to share that, right, which is why I made them for mass consumption. I wanted other people to feel that feeling. And I think, also from a representation piece, so many Middle Eastern people that have gotten the one that smell like BB that's my Middle Eastern grandma. It smells like their grandma. And I think, you know, smelling home can bring up so much, especially like good memories of being a kid, and I think that's really important.
Speaker 3: And with your grandmothers, how has the process of telling them about your love life has been?
Speaker 1: Were they accepting from minute one?
Speaker 5: My Middle Eastern grandma lives in Iraq and I haven't been to Iraq, so she's never met anybody but Jojo Joanne and Tennessee met my long term partner, ex partner, and she loved her. She started asking her to fix stuff around the house.
Speaker 1: Yes, how adorable is that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But then you know when we had one on one time, she just felt really really connected to her, which was really special.
Speaker 2: I love that that long term partner. How long did that relationship last?
Speaker 5: That was active for about five and a half years and then we tried to figure that out for probably up to seven.
Speaker 2: Wow, and when did that end?
Speaker 5: That ended right at the beginning kind of of COVID.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's what's up? So hell's yeah, we're looking for a long term dynamic. If you could pick like.
Speaker 4: One thing that Awaita Liliana should be looking for in these contestants, what would that be?
Speaker 5: Someone stable?
Speaker 2: Someone stable? Someone stable?
Speaker 1: Is that body and mind?
Speaker 5: It it all.
Speaker 1: Incredible?
Speaker 4: Well, thank you so much, Hannah. I think it's about that time where Awlita will use all of the tools in her belt to find a kind, a funny, a thoughtful, a plus communicator. So I can't wait to meet these contestants and see how they do with the games you've made up for them.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna send you into hiding for a little bit as we bring in the contestants.
Speaker 1: We'll be back after the break.
Speaker 2: Welcome back today, Maya Wani the first.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, Hello, we have here Christianna, Lucy and Ella. And I hear we have two Leo contestants today and one Gemini. This could be a little Leo showdown or the fight.
Speaker 2: Of the fire signs versus the air signs.
Speaker 1: And all decided by a water sign.
Speaker 2: That's true, Leanna. Over here is the Pisces. First up, we have Christiana.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, I'm Christiana.
Speaker 6: I thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: This Leo is La born and raised, works in production and is looking for someone who is honest and socially aware. I also hear that you want to get some things done before the world ends, and in terms of love, you are looking for what Hollywood promised you.
Speaker 1: Maybe today will.
Speaker 6: Be that day.
Speaker 4: Maybe Next we have Ella, who works in the podcast industry.
Speaker 7: Hello, welcome, Hey, it's really nice to meet all. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Loves queer cinema and doing things with their hands.
Speaker 2: It's not like that. I that if I'm talking like knitting and the you know.
Speaker 1: Craps and crabs. Sue. Sure.
Speaker 4: Sure, Ella is looking for something slow, not an immediate uhul situation. I get that, I understand. Welcome Ella. And finally we have Lucy h.
Speaker 8: Nice to meet you, guys.
Speaker 4: Lucy is a copy editor, loves acapella and is looking for someone with their shit together professionally and emotionally.
Speaker 3: And has a little allergy here and there that we would love to hear about.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, we'll get to we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: To that at some point. Fantastic.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you so much for joining us today to break the ice with you three.
Speaker 2: We're going to start with a classic game we love to play, and that would be the would you rather?
Speaker 4: Leanna will give you a question and you would answer which one of those would you rather do?
Speaker 2: Leanna take it away. What's the first one?
Speaker 3: Now here we go listen up? Would you rather be a handsome cowboy at sunset, or a care free sea captain in the open water.
Speaker 2: Christianna, Yes, easy, cowboy on sunset?
Speaker 6: What am I doing in the ocean?
Speaker 7: I can't swim that well.
Speaker 5: I think I have too much.
Speaker 7: Hair for a hat.
Speaker 2: That's all right, though, I'm.
Speaker 6: Gonna be a cowboy with it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's hot. That's hot, Come man, Lucy, tell us about it.
Speaker 8: I once went to see a spiritual healer person who told me that in a past life I was a pirate. Tell me more so, I'm gonna have to with speaking captain. I feel like that's like in my.
Speaker 2: Soul somewhere, not it, Ella, What would you rather?
Speaker 7: I'm with Christianna. I don't want to be in the ocean, so handsome cowboy for me.
Speaker 1: I'll take a cowboy or two.
Speaker 2: Oh well you got two here. We're split half and half.
Speaker 4: My goodness, gracious, all right, now it's my turn to ask what would you rather?
Speaker 2: Would you rather swim through cold brew latte foam or wrestle in jello? Cristiana? What do you think?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: I see you.
Speaker 2: You have a little smirk. You were like you got a whole moment processing that.
Speaker 1: Then they're done dead.
Speaker 6: I envisioned it too, and I was like, man, Jello, yeah half of it, I'm eating the other half.
Speaker 4: You know, I am right there with you, Cristiana. I love our wrestle moment as well. Uh, Lucy, what would you rather?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna have to say jello wrestling. Yes, it's something I've I've always wanted to try.
Speaker 2: Ella, what would you rather?
Speaker 7: Definitely wrestle and jell. That sounds fun.
Speaker 4: Hell'sia, Hell's yeah, it's a full blown jello wrestling team.
Speaker 2: Over here. I'm into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we have another one now, our main dater loves a little woo energy. Yes, So would you rather make potions or read minds?
Speaker 1: Ellen?
Speaker 9: I would love to read minds, but I feel like I'm going to get in trouble with that one, So I'm going to say potionsm.
Speaker 2: I'll see you, I see you making potions.
Speaker 8: Lucy, I'm also going to say making potions. I just feel like being able to read minds would probably send me into a mental breakdown.
Speaker 4: Really quickly understood, understood, Christiana.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm a bit of a masochist.
Speaker 6: I'm reading minds.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd use it for good though, I'd only use it for good, you know, I tune out the bad stuff and be like it's none of my business.
Speaker 7: Would you have control over it?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 9: Could you decide if you wanted to read people's minds or just kind of be like blooding that's the control.
Speaker 4: You're just like bloody lighting over the street. It out.
Speaker 5: I'm putting in music or something. I don't know, but I want that power. Need it?
Speaker 2: Okay, last one, last one?
Speaker 4: Would you rather have to have a serious conversation with someone who spits when they talk? Or have lunch with someone who insists on bringing their pet gecko to the restaurant. Everyone's reactions, y'all to this question is impeccable.
Speaker 2: Everyone was like, hello, what you want?
Speaker 1: What you rather? Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, I want to meet a gecko? So hell yeah, get out for lunch?
Speaker 2: Actually, yes, Christiana, what do you think?
Speaker 5: Do I even like geckos? Like I have to I can ask myself that the whole time.
Speaker 6: But if somebody's talking to me while they're spitting, I'm leaving the restaurant, like.
Speaker 5: Send me the check.
Speaker 7: That's so pretty? Why am I soaking legs? This is so weird.
Speaker 5: I'm just not a big fan of either one.
Speaker 2: Lucy, what do you think?
Speaker 8: Definitely the Gecko. I'm gonna say like, the more the merrier. Yes, I can't control my like facial reactions to things a lot of the time. So if someone's spitting on me, like, I'm just gonna look horrified and I'm probably gonna hurt.
Speaker 3: Their feelings, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Bunch them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, aino, man, spit all those germs.
Speaker 3: No violence over here, but doon't get out of here.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 4: If we use a chanklaw on you, It'll be a gentle chank clap. It's gonna be it's gonna be. Okay, it's time to play another game before I will eat. That will send one of our lovely contestants home.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Our main data makes sweet potions of tea and coffee all around La. So in honor of our main dater, we're gonna play a little game called truth or drink. Cristiana, Lucy and Ella, I'll give you a second to go grab your favorite coffee, tea, tequila.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll ask you.
Speaker 4: All a question and if you can't answer it, you drink all right, So if you answer, you go for it, but if you don't want to answer it, you take a little sippy SIPs.
Speaker 3: Yes, totally okay, Now truth or drink. Why shouldn't someone date you, Christiana?
Speaker 1: Take it away.
Speaker 6: I'm an only child, but not like in a selfish way.
Speaker 7: I'm just like an only child.
Speaker 5: Like take that as you will.
Speaker 2: I'm an only child, noted.
Speaker 1: How about you, Lucy.
Speaker 8: I have a lot of self confidence. I really like myself and that's not for everybody. I would say, like that can be construed as a toxic trait by some people.
Speaker 2: So that would be it.
Speaker 1: Ella.
Speaker 9: I would say one of my fatal flaws is that I will confidently walk in the wrong direction and doesn't really matter if I.
Speaker 7: Know where I'm going or not. But most of the time I will pick a direction and just start walking, so don't follow me anywhere.
Speaker 2: That is a hilarious thing, and I.
Speaker 7: Walk with it confidence that like makes people follow me to I.
Speaker 4: Have learned to be more assertive in my walk because of that. So yeah, no, incredible.
Speaker 2: So here's one.
Speaker 4: It's a little easier since we started a little you know, Harsher, who was your high school crush and would you hook up with them today, Lucy, I see you smiling, truth or drink.
Speaker 8: My high school crush was Alicia Keys, and no question, I absolutely.
Speaker 4: Bless Oh my gosh, noted, Christiana, do you have anything to say about that?
Speaker 2: Because I saw your reacting one I thought.
Speaker 8: You were like went to high school with Alicia Keys.
Speaker 6: I was then crushed too, know what you.
Speaker 1: I was really jealous. I was like, girl, what why are you here?
Speaker 8: But I did I did hate her one time, and I did. I was like thirteen, I didn't know how to shoot my shot.
Speaker 6: She looked at me and I fell down the stairs and she asked if I was okay, and I just yeah, yes, I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, Cristiana, what is your crush from high school?
Speaker 6: Zina was like my first crush for sure, if we're talking like TV whatever fantasy. But then I had a teacher high school teacher is so inappropriate, but like her name was Maria. I don't remember her last name, but yeah, that was like my high school crush, and like I'm.
Speaker 8: Pretty sure half the school knew.
Speaker 6: But like, oh, here comes to Crisiana with flowers from Maria again, like I.
Speaker 7: Just found them.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you were, yeah, you were shooting your shot.
Speaker 7: I had no shame.
Speaker 8: I had absolutely no shame.
Speaker 2: I love that, Ella. What was your high school crush?
Speaker 9: Also probably on the younger side, but like I was obsessed with she Go growing up, and so if I ever got to meet she going to real life, that would be it for me.
Speaker 2: Incredible, incredible, incredible, explained, Oh she go. Do you want to go for an Ella?
Speaker 9: She has like the sexy counterpart two campossible and like kind of her like super villain.
Speaker 2: Counterpart excellent, excellent.
Speaker 1: Truth or drink?
Speaker 3: This one is pretty juicy. So be you ready to be very honest if you had a crush on another one of the contestants.
Speaker 1: Who would it be? Who has the guts to go first? Huh?
Speaker 3: All right, I'll pick then, Lucy.
Speaker 8: I'm often attracted to tall people, and since that's one of the only things that I know about the other contestants, I'm gonna have to go with Christiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. How about you? Ella?
Speaker 9: I think I would also go Christiana. Just I'm attracted to like big personalities, so.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to hear Christiana tiebreaker. Now I want to three go.
Speaker 2: How's your leo? How's your leo doing? With all this beautiful attention you got.
Speaker 6: Growing on, I don't care, guys, come on too much.
Speaker 1: Christiana is shaking.
Speaker 6: There's so many spots you could all hang out.
Speaker 8: I think all three of us should go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, I'm just getting interesting.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: We've learned a lot, Thank you so very much.
Speaker 4: Sadly, it's time for one of these duties to hit the road.
Speaker 2: Get a little chi, a little pumpang and in the back.
Speaker 4: You know, yes, so Alida, who are you gonna send the packing?
Speaker 3: Okay, each of you is amazing and beautiful that there's got to be one person that will leave us right now and uh, nothing personal.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to say goodbye to Ella.
Speaker 4: Ella truly, thank you so much for your energy, for coming all the way over here and playing with us.
Speaker 2: We're sorry to see you go.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Bye, my left. We'll be back after the break.
Speaker 8: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: Maya only the first, so it is time to.
Speaker 4: Get more intimate with our remaining two contestants.
Speaker 2: Bump bump bum.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna send Aaliita off on some one on one speed dates for some cafesito with these last two cuties. So shall we get you with that one on one Liana? Okay, let's do this now, Lucy, you are now on a one on one date with Alia.
Speaker 2: Take it away, you see, let's do this.
Speaker 1: What kind of people do you usually date?
Speaker 8: I often find myself dating people who are super creative. I think creativity is such an attractive quality. I like to date people who are also very confident. I feel like I've done a lot of work on myself to get to this place where I'm super confident. I think that's a really attractive quality. And someone else I want to have that in common with someone. People who are like ambitious know what they want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very nice. And what is it that you're looking for in your dating life?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: I have my shit together, and I'm looking for someone who can compliment that and can be a beautiful addition to my life.
Speaker 1: So you have your shit together? What does that mean? How do you have your shit together?
Speaker 8: I have a stable income that was not always a case, and I'm proud of that, and I am able to do all the things that I love and also maintain a stable income. I consider myself someone who like works to live as opposed to lives to work. So like I prioritize my joy and I do the stuff that I love and I'm lucky to have a job that lets me do that, and I live in a house that I really love. I mean, I'm a renter because it's Los Angeles, but I love the space that I live in. And yeah, I just feel like I kind of like I checked a lot of the boxes that I wanted to have checked.
Speaker 3: So there's one little thing that I saw in your bio that I really would like, like, what is that about your allergy?
Speaker 1: How did that come about?
Speaker 8: Straight for the jugular? Okay, yeah, yeah, So I am allergic to semen. I found out when I was first sexually active as like a I think senior in high school and was like in a long serious relationship with someone, so we had unprotected sex and I was like, this is not how that's supposed to feel. And luckily I'm very close with my mom, so I talked to her about it and I saw like seven different doctors and finally one of them was like, oh, yeah, I think we've seen this before. This is an allergy.
Speaker 3: So wow, I had never heard that before. That's incredible that they could be such an allergy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I feel like I am a medical marvel a little bit. I'm like chemically gay, like I really just don't. I think I'm bisexual, but in practice, like there's there's fewer options for me.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: So what else do we need to know about you in regards to the person that is to be in your life from now on.
Speaker 8: I have a little dog who I like to bring with me pretty much everywhere, So I'm looking for somebody who's gonna be cool with him, maybe even somebody that has a buddy for him. Even if it's a gecko, he gets along with everyone.
Speaker 1: So are you ready for a serious relationship?
Speaker 8: I am Yeah. I take a long time between relationships to like heal and get to know myself again. And I've now been single for long enough that I feel like, let's do this. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: How long has this been that I've been single? Uh?
Speaker 8: You know, it depends who you ask, but to me, it feels like about two years.
Speaker 4: So sorry to interrupt, but Awilita here is a busy woman.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna move on to our next speed date. Thank you so much, Lucy Christiana.
Speaker 4: We will have you now have a one on one speed date with Awilita. Here, it'll just be you and her.
Speaker 2: Liliana take it away.
Speaker 1: I'm taking it away.
Speaker 5: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: I just want to talk about your dating life. Are you in the apps?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: So how do you get your dates happening?
Speaker 6: I'm tend to go outside a lot, not a lot, but I go outside.
Speaker 1: Where do you go nightclubs?
Speaker 6: No, I'm like a supermarket, walk around in the city. There's a new lesbian bar on Sunset. I'll hang out there sometimes.
Speaker 3: So when was the last time of your serious relationship and how long was it?
Speaker 6: Maybe four years ago?
Speaker 7: It was like a year.
Speaker 1: And since then you've just dated here and there.
Speaker 6: What's I'm a long distance, casual, low commitment girlfriend.
Speaker 7: That's a Poe Barbie.
Speaker 6: Kind of just get to the situationships and then it's like till the next one.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 3: Are you looking for a serious relationship? Would you like to be committed?
Speaker 7: I could be yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I definitely. I know what commitment takes. I just haven't found that in someone or somebody hasn't found that in me either, So I'm always open to it, just haven't gone there yet.
Speaker 1: So how does commitment look like?
Speaker 8: To you, We'll just be honest.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, if you can't be honest with me, then what in a relationship for you know, to quote Kendrick, I'd much rather you trust me than to love me like and I vice versa. Trust me. I want to trust the person that I'm with. And that's really what commitment is. I don't have to worry about you, you don't have to worry about me in the sense of stepping outside of our commitment.
Speaker 3: I guess you know that's a very good answer. And someone who likes to restole, of course, Oh.
Speaker 5: That's you know, that's number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thank you to our two remaining contestants, you've survived the firs.
Speaker 2: I'm trying something new here.
Speaker 8: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: All right, So little did y'all know that our main dater has been listening this whole time. A Wanita might have an idea of who she likes. But let's see if we have a unanimous decision. So to both of you muses, we're gonna ask you for a quick exit and we'll bring back our main contestant. All right, Hannah, Now that we have a little bit more time to chat to these beautiful humans, I will lead that wants to know what do you think?
Speaker 5: Ooh, yeah, I think Lucy is more in alignment with me fundamentally, and Christiana is fun. But you know, they seem a little young and that's okay, But I don't know if that's in alignment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm there with you.
Speaker 4: From the things that Lucy has answered in the way that she's expressed herself, I feel that it aligns with where you're at as well. Fantastic. All right, So Hannah, I will lead the and I are going to.
Speaker 2: Talk for a moment.
Speaker 4: I will lead the How are you feeling about our contestants and Hannah's thoughts?
Speaker 3: Well, of course, it's so true that one of them is more Hannah's style, how they think, how they think their life is headed towards, while with Christiana we have a lot more fun, a little more openness, a little more risk taking. While on the other side, Hannah and Lucy, I think we'd make a beautiful couple.
Speaker 4: I am one in your decision. Let's bring in our contestants and share the verdict.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Hello, come hello, A decision has been made. The jury has a verdict. Wily does take it away?
Speaker 1: Well, listen.
Speaker 3: It was amazing getting to know each of you.
Speaker 1: You are amazing people.
Speaker 3: You have your shit together, Like Lucy says, everything is going according to plan, but there's got to be a little more of what our main dater wants and needs and has talked to us about. And for that reason, and based on all of your answers, we have decided. Well you have well, I got your input. Also the one person who will be dating our main dater, ew.
Speaker 4: Lucy, Lucy, you are going on.
Speaker 2: On a virtual date with our main dator in a little bit.
Speaker 1: But in the.
Speaker 4: Meantime, Christiana, I'm being legit. Let's hang out, so cool, let's chill, dude. I think that you're Leo and my Libra pals here for it.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited. I'm bombed, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, I'm on.
Speaker 4: Bye, Lucy, love it, love it well. Thank you so much, Lucy for being with us. Are you ready to meet our main dator?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, let's bring on Hannah, Hannah, come on in.
Speaker 1: To meet you.
Speaker 5: Nice to meet you. I'm Hannah. This is Amara.
Speaker 8: Hi dog, Oh my gosh, my little doughter.
Speaker 5: This is Bobby.
Speaker 1: Hi, Bobby, wasn't far either.
Speaker 2: Incredible.
Speaker 8: I'm not allowed to leave the room, so he's here. Yeah, Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. First impressions, What are I mean? I love that. Everybody was immediately like, here's my dog.
Speaker 1: I know right away.
Speaker 2: Incredible good times.
Speaker 1: How about it, Lucy?
Speaker 8: You have a really lovely, beautiful open face and a really cool space behind you and a really cute dog. So that's great.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, the thing that I loved about you was that you are so grounded. I think that sounds so nice to me and funny. The semn thing made me die. I was like, oh, like, yeah, you're chemically gay, dude. Yeah, I was like actually crying.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 5: Really funny.
Speaker 8: You know, it was traumatizing when I was seventeen, and now it's an amazing conversation starter. It's a great joke.
Speaker 4: So well, then I'm gonna go ahead and let you all have a little virtual date.
Speaker 1: Have fun, beauties.
Speaker 3: I love your smiles, so enjoy your company, enjoy your time together.
Speaker 5: That was really fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're just working the whole time. That's so fun.
Speaker 5: I felt awkward, so there was times that I would just go to the kitchen to give you guys privacy. It's because I didn't want to be a surveillance person, but I did hear most of it.
Speaker 8: Okay, great, dude, Have you ever done anything like this? No? No, I mean it definitely not. How do you feel?
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought it was so funny. I thought it was like so silly and funny.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: I did a friend send it to me. I was like, you should do this, and I was like, I don't know if I want to do this, But then I was like, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 8: It's so funny. Well, and it's also like low pressure because like we're just on zoom, We're just jacking, you know. I feel like it wasn't like like taking into an actual speed dating event because I just think it would be so awkward.
Speaker 5: Oh I, and I think the people that go are weird.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm always worried about, which is not fair. But I think there's I know, I have so many questions about you.
Speaker 5: Oh god, yeah, yeah, please please ask me.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: So, Okay, so you run a coffee company. Yes.
Speaker 5: So I used to work in diversity and inclusion, like in corporate America for the last decade and then our entire department got laid off. I ended up working at Lyft Corporate and I had this coffee company that I started in my yard. I was like, oh, I just want a like elevated lemonade stand, but for adults. I live on a cul de sac. All my neighbors I'm really close to all my neighbors would bring out all the chairs and we would just turn the entire cul de sac into like a coffee shop. And then it just grew every weekend and people were like, can I tattoo in your yard? Can I barber? Can I do whatever? And then I threw this huge block party. There was like four hundred people that came in my street. My friends were like, oh, you should take this seriously. So when I got laid off, a friend sent me this Woman of Color Entrepreneur program through Calca to La. So I did that and that changed kind of like the game of like, oh, I think this is like that I want to do full time. So I stopped applying for jobs and like this is how I pay rent and wow, Yeah, it's been like crazy and so much learning but really addicting. That is so cool and like the whole thing is like homage to like my side, my rageol. My mom's white, my dad's Middle Eastern, so it's called Saffron cowboys. Saffron's the Middle Eastern.
Speaker 8: And I've definitely heard of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why comedy.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh cool, I like any like queer community building is like not something that I get a chance to do myself, but it's something I'm so passionate about and like excited.
Speaker 5: That's totally just so cool. Well, you should sell flowers at a vending event.
Speaker 8: I work in marketing for a flower brand, so I don't get to like actually have the product as much, although I like I know how to do floral arranging and cell flowers. But if you ever need a copywriter or like any help with brand stuff, that's like my kind of bread and butter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I used to work for Tomboyax. I don't know if you're familiar with them. They're like a queer underwear brand. Oh I do know them, Yeah, yeah, so I used to used to work in marketing for them. So, like, marketing for queer stuff is.
Speaker 1: Like cool, I want to do.
Speaker 5: Oh it's so nice meeting you.
Speaker 8: Likewise, this was so fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was so fun. It was so silly.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad I got to meet you.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, well I'll talk to you soon. I'll see you soon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely, Okay, Bye, Luis, Bye, fantastic.
Speaker 4: Well, I am definitely ready for a fancy beverage.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: For you know, always knowing best and keeping us on our toes. Date My aUI the First is a production from w V Sound and iHeartMedia's Michael Dura podcast network. Hosted by me Or, this is joined by the fabulous Leenna Montenegro. Date My Aladi the First is produced by Leo Clem, Nico Raguel, and Sophie Spencer Zavos. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valderrama, Leo Clem, and Nico Raguel at w V Sound. This episode was edited by Sean Tracy and Nico Raguel. This episode features original music by Gabe Lopez and Alvaro Morello. Special things to our hopeful romantics this week Hannah and Christiana, Lucy and Ella. Additional thanks to Salt and Line Media. For more podcasts from iHeart to visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: See you next week.
Speaker 4: And in the meantime, don't do anything Awanita wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: Just do it better besit us