Speaker 1: Hi, and welcome back to Carol Markowitz show on iHeartRadio. I opened a can of worms with my last monologue, got so many notes about it. I talked about how, while I think you should do everything you can to make your close friendships and family relationships, of course transcend political differences, I nevertheless think it makes sense to consider political leanings when making new friends. Friendships made in adulthood are already harder to make and maintain, just like romantic relationships. In a lot of ways, it makes sense to have values in common. Again, I have lots of liberal friends that I would never discard.
Speaker 2: But would I run out to make more liberal friends in my forties.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. I got so many sad emails from people all over the country who have had falling out with friends and with family over political disagreements. To me, that is a very different consideration. If you've had a lifelong best friend, don't let that friendship end because you disagree on politics. Clearly, you do share values, Clearly.
Speaker 2: You do have things in common.
Speaker 1: Don't let political fights tear you apart. This goes doubly.
Speaker 2: So for family.
Speaker 1: I heard from one mom who doesn't speak to her daughter over political disagreement, it's just crushing. The thing is that I do think the political realm matters, and I think a lot of politics is very important. We have a civilization to preserve. We've built an amazing country here and we want to keep it. It's all pretty major, but it's important to step back sometimes and see that fighting with your mom, or your child or your best friend won't actually move the needle to get to the.
Speaker 2: Country you want.
Speaker 1: Causing problems with your friends and family doesn't change the results of elections. Convince people to your perspective, sure, but be civil, insane about it, and put preserving the relationship at the top of your priority list, even over winning arguments. If you've got thoughts, drop me an email Carol Maarcoit Show at gmail dot com. It's Ka R O L M A. R. Kowi CS and Charlie ZS and Zebra Show at gmail dot com. Also, if you're looking for a more political podcast, as this one is largely non political, I have a new show I co host with my good friend Mary Katherine Ham. It's called Normally and it airs every Tuesday and Thursday. You could subscribe anywhere you get your podcasts. Coming up next and interview with Tiffany Justice.
Speaker 2: Join us after the break.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Carol Marcowitz Show on iHeartRadio. My guest today is Tiffany Justice, co founder of Moms for Liberty.
Speaker 2: Hi, Tiffany, so nice to have you on.
Speaker 3: Carol's so nice to see you. I'm in New York and you're probably in my home state of Florida right now.
Speaker 2: I am. I'm in Florida. How's New York going?
Speaker 3: I got to speak at the Trump rally and Madison Square Garden. I said the opening prayer, and Carol, there were so many people there. There were like seventy thousand people outside over twenty thousand inside the arena. It was pretty awesome, amazing.
Speaker 2: I saw your invocation. It was beautiful.
Speaker 3: Are you all done? So?
Speaker 2: It wasn't a Nazi rally.
Speaker 3: In fact, was not a Nazi rally. There were many Israeli flags actually being thrown in Madison Square Garden. It was really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny because I think about that. I mean, I think about it in two ways. One, obviously, a Nazi rally probably wouldn't have Jews being open about their Judaism, which to be real, the Democrats did not allow Jews to be flaunting Israeli flags that they are rallies. But the second thing is is how insulting it is to non Jews also, I.
Speaker 2: Mean just the fact that calling people who.
Speaker 1: Go to a political rally Nazis is so below the belt.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously right, but it's amazing.
Speaker 1: That it still goes on because you know it can't be effective, and yet here we are. So how does that How does it feel to be called a Nazi?
Speaker 3: It's awful, actually, it's I think it's really an awful thing. And I think it's just the iron law of woke projection. As you said, you know, I mean, there are no Israeli flags that I see flying in any of the Democrat rallies that are happening. In fact, Kamala Harris said to someone who you know, was talking about religion, you must be at the wrong rally. So it was just lovely to be able to say this invocation that really was a beautiful message of unity and hope for the future. And that's what I saw in that room. I know that the media wants to make you think that, you know, it's all one type of person that's supporting President Trump, or even that all of President Trump's supporters are just like him, but they're not. It's a really diverse group of people that are coming together and Carol. When Elon hit the stage, it was electric. The whole crowd was roaring for him, and you could just tell how pratty was to be up there. He had his son with him and his mom to see his son watching him. It was pretty remarkable.
Speaker 2: I'm an aliens, Dan, I really am.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's just such an interesting figure in our current political moment. I think he doesn't have to be doing what he's doing, and the fact that he feels like he does have to is very interesting to me. But that brings me to you and the fact that you get so much hate, so much animosity, so much anger directed at you, and you don't have to be doing this.
Speaker 2: Why do you do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd say to the haters, they can just take a hike, you just brush it off. I do it for my kids. I mean, I think it's for so many moms. It's all of the moms for liberty that are across the country. You know, we're watching what's happening in America right now, and we're really concerned. We're worried that our kids aren't going to have a bright future. In fact, Carol, sometimes I actually find myself not talking about what it was like for me to grow up and be a teenager in America going to college, because it's so different now for kids. You know, I have four children, nineteen, I'm almost seventeen, almost fifteen, and then thirteen. And you know, watching my nineteen year old daughter be concerned about where is she going to live, well, you know, she hears friends or graduating from college. They can't find anywhere to live that they can afford. People are having trouble finding jobs. So yeah, I mean, I do this for my kids. I ran for school board in twenty sixteen. I had never been involved in politics. I had voted, but I wasn't even I wasn't a registered Republican at the time. I had no party affiliation in Florida, and I just felt like, okay, you know, it's somebody needs to help to fix these schools. And then people were like, oh, you should run for school board, And eventually I think the question becomes why not you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So I stepped up and ran and won and served for four years on school board in my county.
Speaker 1: So when I think about, like, why not you, I get that, I really do.
Speaker 2: But then I.
Speaker 1: Think it's just there's so much anger and just you know, hatred directed at you, and you could have picked an easier path than you didn't. So I'm wondering, what do you worry about most? What is your top concern and that forced you into this.
Speaker 3: Life not doing something that was my top concern, not doing something not you know, people sometimes say, oh, my gosh, how do you sleep at night, And I'm like, well, I'm very tired because I work all the time, but I'm not I sleep because I know that I'm doing what I can do in this moment right now. I really feel, Carol, that if we don't take a stand and fight for America today, a children are going to live on their knees for the rest of their life. And I will never look at my children and have to say that I didn't do everything I could. So moms are leaving it all out on the field. But we are very much involved in this election cycle, from school board all the way to the Oval office, and we're going to make sure that every single person that's getting elected is a liberty minded individual that is going to stand in defense of our fundamental parental rights. And those are rights the government doesn't give you. It is a god given right. You know. The government doesn't grant you your parental rights, and they certainly can't just take them away. You don't have the right to abuse your kids, like you can't cut off their healthy body parts for example, normally right, right, But you know, the government needs to respect the American parent and it's our job to draw that boundary and to push the government out of our homes.
Speaker 1: Are you still optimistic about America's future?
Speaker 3: I am very optimistic. I have four kids. I have to be, you know. But I am optimistic because I saw so many people coming together at Medicine Square Garden and all over the country, and the age range is really interesting. There are a lot of young people that are really getting energized. And I'll always be optimistic because I brought four children into this world and they deserve for me to fight like health right.
Speaker 1: I was feeling pessimistic in New York, and I'm generally an optimistic person. I'm super bullish on America always. But that's partly why we had to move is because I lost that optimism. But I wasn't feeling like my kid's future was in a good place in New York.
Speaker 2: And I feel much better in Florida.
Speaker 1: But I do still think about all those people who live in, you know, places like New York, where I don't know that that optimism is so easy to find.
Speaker 3: I think COVID was horrible. I mean, I read your columns. You and I are both moms. We went through that. I watched my own children's stagnate when schools were closed in Florida, and then I was on school board and we fought really, really hard to get schools back open. And I think Florida really led, you know, Ronda Santis led in that moment and showed the rest of the country that it didn't have to be like it was in New York. You know. I think New York masked toddlers the longest of any place in the entire United States. And the thing is, Carol, never again, I will never again allow children to be treated like that. I will fight until my death before I will ever again allow adults to put themselves before what our kids need.
Speaker 2: Right, we learned some important lessons during that time.
Speaker 1: So what's interesting is this election season has been a gender battle, right. The media is constantly pushing this idea that Donald Trump appeals to men and Kamala Harris appeals to women, and it's a real divide. But you represent women, right, Moms for liberty, moms are women still?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: So, do you see that divide or is that just something that's kind of overblown.
Speaker 3: I think it's manufactured to a certain degree. I do think there's a large amount of women that were sold a lie. I think there were sold a lie that said that somehow freedom and liberty equated to being able to your baby, and I think that's a lie. Being a mother and a wife is a wonderful thing. We see young girls not wanting to grow up to be women, deciding that maybe they were born in the wrong body. Seeing these girls cut off healthy body parts or sterilize themselves. So I think as women, we have to take a really hard look in the mirror and see if we're being positive role models and we're showing and talking about how wonderful it is to be a mom, to be a wife. Yeah, it's hard, you know, There's no doubt there were times when I had, you know, four kids under the age of ten and probably babies split up in my hair that try to get dinner on the table. That it was hard, but it's the joy of my life. And I just think we need to start investing in our marriages, in our relationships, talking more about what you know, how wonderful it is to be married again, that's a I've been married twenty years. It's not always the easiest, really, you know, relationship you bring two people together and you have children, and you know, we're two different people, right, we have different opinions about things, but we work on our marriage and being a mom is so rewarding. So I think that we just need to stand together and we need to give each other grace, but also create the space for people to change their minds, because I think there were a lot of people within the Democrat Party who are finding that the Democrat Party really doesn't represent them anymore. You know, they think, well, I want everyone to feel safe and included. Of course we all do, right, But you know, I was fine with abortion when it was safe, legal and rare, and now all of a sudden, I think Democrats see people celebrating an abortion, They're like wait a second, that's not That's not the party that I'm a part of. It.
Speaker 2: I think that's not what I signed up for.
Speaker 3: That's not what I said for. So yeah, so I think we just need to create this space for people to change their minds. I also think what I saw at Madison Square Garden, which was interesting, was the fact that not everyone agreed with everything that every single speaker on stage said. I don't think that there were things that were said that you know, obviously there were jokes that were made, but jokes are supposed to be funny, right, you know, people at the jokes. There was a lot of laughter. But I also think that people got up and spoke and there wasn't anything that was offensive to anyone in the room that they said, Okay, this is a deal breaker for me. But I think there are different ideas about the way that the Republican Party moves forward. For example, President Trump was on Joe Rogan and he was talking about RFK, and he was like, he's got a lot of great ideas. I want to make America healthy again, but he's not so good on the liquid gold.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: We're not going to let him touch the oil and gas and I think that that's kind of the way the Republican Party is going to move forward.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that he does kind of call people out, even in his own circle, and say I don't like them on that.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that because I don't like RFK on that either. So we'll see if that, you know, what he ends up doing with that.
Speaker 1: What do you say to women who are Trump curious but feel a lot of pressure to line up with the Democrats.
Speaker 3: I think they need to go look at the platform. I think they need to go look at their Republican Party platform. It was sixteen pages, it was bullet point, very easy to look at. Go through, bring a red pen out and circle everything that you have a problem with, and I think you're going to find that you agree with more than you disagree with. Go look up Agenda forty seven and on the president's website and see what he stands for, and then really ask yourself, is am I against President Trump? Or am I against this person that the media has wanted me to hate. So that's really my message to women. Don't listen to the hype, take the time to do the research, make up your own mind, ask questions, watch interviews, that he's done. I mean three hours on Joe Rogan. He did not hold back. You know, it's very hard to fake your fake being someone that you're not for three hours, right, maybe fifteen minutes, but three hours is a long interview. And so I just ask people to take a step back and watch and listen and check out the bullet points and see what they disagree with. And if they disagree with stuff, then let's have a conversation about it.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back with more from Tiffany Justice, but first, in today's world, where rising crime threatens families, violent crimes are now taking place every twenty six seconds. The Saber Pepper Projectile Launcher is the only six ' eight caliber launcher with a seven projectile capacity, offering up to forty percent more shots than other brands for superior home defense with stopping power up to one hundred and seventy five feet. Having more projectiles is crucial to protect your family. For nearly fifty years, Saber has been dedicated to making the world safer. Trusted by law enforcement and millions of families, Saber provides powerful, non lethal protection both at home and on the go for extra peace of mind, Sabers pepper sprays are ideal for on thego safety, and Sabers door bars block up to six hundred and fifty pounds of force to keep intruders out. Visit saberradio dot com or call eight four four eight two four safe to protect your family today. That's Sabre Radio dot com. I love the parts on Joe Rogan where he's really him and you could see that he's not not playing up to anything. I mean the windmill stuff for example. He really does not like windmills and it's not a put on and it's not a political point for him.
Speaker 2: He has, you know, aesthetic problems with them, but he also.
Speaker 1: Thinks that they're damaging to animals and you could just feel it and see it in the way that he talks about it. I was really hoping that Kamala Harris would do a Joe Rogan interview too, because I'd love to hear who is she?
Speaker 2: Who is she?
Speaker 1: She got to skip a primary and got to not do any of that.
Speaker 2: We never really find out.
Speaker 1: Who is Kamala Harris, And if she's elected on Tuesday, it's worrisome that we don't really know her.
Speaker 3: She's a vessel for a lot of woke ideology. And I think this progressive far left ideology that we're seeing all across America, these progressive far left ideas, and so I when you say who is she, I think she's been manufactured. I think she said she agreed to do Joe Rogan, but she would only do it for an hour, and she didn't want to do it in Austin. He had to come to her. And you know, I mean, just you want to be the president of the United States. I want to be the leader of the free world. The rest of the world is looking at America. You know, Tina and I do a lot of interviews, and we do international interviews as well, and there's been a lot of interest from Japan, and we were wondering. I said, you know, why is Japan so interested in Moms for Liberty. You've come over here and visited our chapters and you've spent a lot of time with us. And the reporter said that Japan is very worried because they're watching America's light dim And so I think we need to remember is the fact that you know, America is important for Americans, but American leadership is important for the rest of the world as we move forward, and Kamala Harris wants to represent us on the world stage, and I don't think she's doing a very good job convincing Americans to vote for her.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I hear all the.
Speaker 1: Time from people in other countries that they're worried that they're like a decade or so behind America with the woke nonsense, Like they're seeing it develop in their schools. They're seeing, you know, the trans thing blow up in their elementary schools, for example, and they're like, whoa, We're heading in the same direction as them, Like, how do we cut this off?
Speaker 2: Sometimes they can, sometimes I'm not so sure that they'll be able to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a global movement, and I think that's what people in America need to understand as well. There's a lot of outside pressure from the World Economic Forum, from the United Nations and UNESCO, you know, the World Health Organization underneath the United Nations. There's a lot of pressure on the United States to conform and to really lose our sovereignty as a nation, and that is very concerning. We see that in our American public schools. UNESCO and the United Nations are really brought into our schools by the teachers' unions in America. And that's why I feel so adamant about the fact that we do need to dismantle and abolish the Department of Education, because the teachers' unions have such a firm hold on education in America and they use the federal government to do that. And so we need to be very clear about the fact that America needs to lead in the world, that we don't need to take our direction on pandemic response or education from YONESCO or the WHO. And I'm confident that President Trump will do that unapologetically.
Speaker 1: Do you think he really gets rid of the Department of Education. I mean, I obviously would love that.
Speaker 2: I just I don't have faith that it's possible.
Speaker 1: I just think our government is too big and no one person can can make that kind of change.
Speaker 3: I think there are absolutely things that we can do. I think that there are parts of the Department of Education that need to stop. I think there are parts of the Department of Education that need to be brought down and go back into the States. And then I think there are parts of the Department of Education that can move to other departments to be handled and we just need to talk to the American people about why it's happening, how it's going to happen, and we need to be unapologetic in our you know, taking that stand the importance of you know, as the bureaucracy in Washington, d C. Has grown around education, so has the bureaucracy and the administrative state in these local st school districts. And so the time is now to take our power back, Carol. The teachers' unions. When Randy Wineingarten went and spoke in front of in front of Congress about the COVID pandemic and the response, do you remember what she said? Do you remember what she said she wanted to do?
Speaker 1: Remind me I don't not to think too much about Randy Wineingarten's words, but yes.
Speaker 3: So Randy said, she said, we need to take care of the whole child. She said she wanted something called community schools. So I just want to tell you a little bit about community schools quickly, because it basically is communism on the ground in America. They want to take your schools and they want to make them the community hub of every county, of every in every community, and they want to drive all of the social services out of the schools. They'll bring in all of the nonprofits that they want to work with. Right, so you lower the age of consent for kids down to twelve. We see that happening all over the country through the legislatures, right, state legislatures. And then you start putting medical interviews and school based health clinics into the schools, and you have a recipe for disaster where you have a planned parenthood basically in every school district across America offering services to kids without the consent or knowledge of parents. Offering puberty blockers for example, morning after pill, lots of different things that parents should absolutely be involved in when it comes to their children's lives.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, of course that they want the community schools only when they're in control of those schools. Like when a rural area wants to have a community school where they push their values in the school, that's not acceptable to Randy Wine Garden and teachers' unions. That needs to be from above. I mean, we saw that during COVID as well. Anytime they had local control, they wanted local control of schools. But in time they didn't have local control, they wanted governor control.
Speaker 3: Of schools, that's right, and if community schools actually goes through, So let's think about this for a second. We have a declining enrollment happening all over the country, right, so parents are pulling their kids out their homeschooling, choosing private school. We have choice now in so many different states. We have essays in Florida, so you can take your money. You can send your child to any school that will take right that. That money your tax money. So it's wonderful. But as we have declining enrollment, they need to do something with the schools. They're concerned that schools are going to close, right. I think I saw in Chicago. There's a school there. You just got thirty five million more dollars this year in the budget. They are only at three point eight percent capacity and they have zero percent of kids reading on grade level. It is just sounds like Chicago, right, It is just madness. But if we allow community schools to go forward. Right now, on average, federal money makes up anywhere between three and sixteen percent of any given school district's budget, that will go on steroids. And if the amount of federal money coming into your school district starts going up to fifteen percent, twenty percent, twenty five percent, thirty percent. What it really does is you serve the local control the school board. And America is very special because we have elected officials, elected representatives, represent constituents on school boards. Not every country is like.
Speaker 1: That, right, Yeah, it's amazing that they're working to overturn that special situation that we have.
Speaker 2: I hope that they don't succeed. I think that they will probably succeed in the.
Speaker 1: Areas that they have the kind of control over these schools.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm again not super optimistic about certain parts of America. I hope that they are able to fight back against this scourge.
Speaker 2: Really, but I feel good in Florida. I wish other people got to experience it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should feel good in Florida. You know, moms are fighting back though. I'm up in New York. As I said, I'm doing a town hall tomorrow night on News Nation. But I'm here in New York. And in New York there's something called Prop one that's on the ballot. And what Prop one is going to do. And by the way, if you're listening and you're from New York, vote no on Prop one because it's going to give illegal immigrants the right to vote, but it's also going to give miners the right to go and get abortions, to go on puberty blockers, to do all kinds of things without the consent and knowledge of parents. It's really an attack on parental rights. But our moms here in New York are fighting back. They've been phone banking, they've been getting out the vote, and it's just really really important that people have their voices heard.
Speaker 2: I hope they win.
Speaker 1: I think about those moms, I really do. Those were you know, my people in New York. But it's hard to stay optimistic about the blue areas that remain under these kinds of controls.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: So a question that I ask all of my guests is what advice would you give your sixteen year old self?
Speaker 2: Would you do this all over again? I would?
Speaker 3: I would? Uh, what advice would I give my sixteen year old self? Gosh, to not be so hard on myself. Probably. I look back on pictures of myself in high school, right of me in high school, and I think I was very hard on myself. And I look back now and I always think, wow, you know, I really thought that I wasn't very pretty or that, you know, and I think that I should have just enjoyed my life more and not worried so much about that stuff. Especially now at forty five, I'm like, you know, eighteen boy.
Speaker 2: Didn't we didn't understand anything? Oh we did it?
Speaker 3: Looking back at that, Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean, you know, I think as I've gotten older, I've learned to have more patients, and so maybe I would say just be patient and to know that you can't force things. Sometimes you just have to let things come in time. But then sometimes you do have to lean in, you know, and really push and ask for what you want. And I think I've always been the type of person to do that. I've just maybe gotten better at asking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and my own age as there was, Yeah, you know, that is definitely something that I think young people need to understand, is that sometimes you have to assert yourself and sometimes it's going to make you unpopular, but that's the right thing to.
Speaker 2: Do, right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, I've.
Speaker 1: Loved this conversation. I think you're awesome and doing such great work. I hope you were successful in New York and here with.
Speaker 2: Your best tip for my listeners. On how they can improve their lives.
Speaker 3: If your child's in public school, really create a relationship with your child's teacher. It's the most important thing that you can do as far as trying to safeguard your child in America's public schools. You know, when you go to the teacher, introduce yourself, ask questions. Ask your kids' school. If my child's expressing mental distress in any way, how will you handle that? Will you come to me and tell me? I want you to come to me and tell me. You should absolutely tell them that you do not on any adults meeting with your children without you there. If the doctor asks you to leave the medical exam room so they can talk to your child, say no. Parents, Now is the time to take a stand. Now is the time to know that God doesn't only give you the fundamental right to direct the upbringing of your children, but it's your duty to direct the upbringing of your kids, and don't let anyone take that away from you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: She is Tiffany Justice Moms for Liberty. Check her out, check out their website. They're really fantastic organization.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Tiffany. Thanks Kerrol, thanks so much for joining us. On the Carol Marko Show.
Speaker 1: Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.