Speaker 1: Ay, chat chat, I've been working on some material. You know, I do spoken word at the hard rock Casino down here in Miami, and I've been working on some new material. And what better place, what better stage to advertise my art and spoken word then right here with y'all. So let me know what y'all think about this. Let me know you're already, Let me know you're ready, You're ready? Okay. The night is young, as the leaves fall, cats per, the rain drops hit the ground, but nothing is heard like silent. For many days, clouds are blue, then thunderstorms arise. What happens when she learns how to capitalize in the midst of darkness? There will always be light most of the time. They say, it shines bright. At any moment, things can go south. But the wise man once said everything at the bottom had the chance to rise to the top.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What y'all think about that?
Speaker 2: Chat? What y'all think?
Speaker 1: How was that? Like scale of one to ten? What'd y'all get at like that?
Speaker 2: That was?
Speaker 1: That was some deep ship? Like that was some deep ship. It had really great meaning to it, and it was it was based on different experiences in my life. Just all all into one soliloquy in a sense like it might not have made sense to you, but it made sense to me based on things that I've been through.
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 1: I really felt good about that. I appreciate you guys letting me your ear. And yeah, if you're in Miami at any point, you can come list come check me out the hard Rock Casino. I do spoken word on Friday nights at the Hard Rock Casino in the piano bar. Yeah. So that's pretty much it. But Chad, I'm excited for all seasons here. I'm happy. I mean, God, Lee, man, I'm not sure who your team is. I know what my team is gonna do. You saw a small symb side of what we're gonna do offensively. Defense. Oh, we need a little work, but I think we're gonna be alright, because that's what preseason is for. Preseason is for a get in the King.
Speaker 2: South spoken word chat.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, hey.
Speaker 2: Un the chat.
Speaker 1: Love what I just said. I gave him. I gave him something I've been working on, some good material I've been working on, and they enjoyed it. Asked him, asked him how to ask him how it was that They'll tell you, They'll tell you asked them.
Speaker 2: Uh, they said something about your day job. Keep that one.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, this this that is my day job. That's my day job, asked ash. Ashould tell you it was real deep too. Uh. Hey, they called me. They called me Edgar allan Ocho, Edgar Allan soap post. Hey, I'm telling you what they called me in high school. They called me Edgar allan Ocho. I promise you I was really I was. I was a drummer in theater major I do. I do some of everything.
Speaker 2: I take your word for it. Oh Joe, add Mahomes to the list of guys that weren't happy with them Madden Raiding. Patrick Mahome is confident that he can raise his players rating to nine in overall once again. I like playing man, so I would like to be rated higher. But if I got to play and showcase that stuff on the field, I believe if I go out there and play the football I want to play, we can get the ninety nine pretty quickly. He rated ninety five overall after being ninety nine in the prior four editions of the game.
Speaker 1: At release, listen It's okay, It's okay, Mahome showed that he's human. We're not talking about the Super Bowl game. Listen, Chiefs fans. I know we have some Chiefs fans in the chat. Let's talk about how the quarterback look and the quarterback play look during the regular season. Come on, now, it wasn't. It wasn't myhome level consistently weekend and week out on what.
Speaker 2: It was from him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Like it's okay, and I like that Mahomes said what he said because he has every right to be where he is at a ninety five based on what we saw, what he displayed. We know he made a super Bowl, we know he's one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, but they assume what he did in a full season week the week. It's not the Mahomes were used to sing even though they made the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I love him and he's gonna probably be in ninety nine because he has that chip on the shoulder. And it has nothing to do with Madden, just in general. He lost Super Bowl to the Eagles, mantled offensively by their defense.
Speaker 2: And she didn't make the Pro Bowl. He didn't make your Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Let that sink in for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I guy that had been to what three consecutive Super Bowls? He won a two times Super Bowl? If he's a back to back Super Bowl MVP. He didn't make the Pro Bowl the next year. He didn't play well. It's okay. It's okay. You don't get to get him to be a ninety nine because you played well in the pass and you get to keep that rating forever. Yeah. No, it's a year to your thing, and it's a game to game. He didn't play well enough to rate ninety nine, and that's okay. And like he said, if I go out there and play like I know, like I want to play, I won't be a ninety nine. It won't take long.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you one thing, he'll be a ninety nine. But I got damn week six.
Speaker 2: If he played like we think Mahomes.
Speaker 1: Can play, Yeah, yeah, he gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Dave Canally said Bryce Young wasn't happy about being benched just two games until last season, but took it uput himself to respond the right way. He continued to lead throughout that process. He earned a lot of respect from his teammates. From me, regardless of the situation. He did. He didn't agree with me on the decision not to play him, but he worked and kept leading. He was showing me, this is my team, and he was showing his teammates you're my guys. He came back in and we started to grow together and then building into that into the offseason and the leadership continue. That was the most impressive part to me. It's a real challenge. We've seen different situations, different scenarios on the team where a top pick is struggling and he can get isolated from his teammates. He just stepped up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely. I think that benching was probably the best thing for him. Yeah, I think that bench was the best thing for him. Being bench can be a wake up call. Two things can happen. Either can fold under the pressure or you can rise to the only two things gonna happen. And he did just that. He rolled to the top. He came back from that bench and played extremely well.
Speaker 2: He did extremely well.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, god, damn, what Carolina Panthers team is this and now they have something to build off of coming off of last season going to this season, I think they have one of the most underrated receiving cores in the NFL, and I'm willing to bet whatever on him this year. Whatever they gonna be all right, Jimmy Horn feeling brother Leggett. Yeah, man, come on, now.
Speaker 2: They should be They should be a lot better. Plus plus Bryce has a year of this system under his belt. You're going into his third year. I think he like he's like a Canali said, he learned a lot, he grew a lot, and so now it's just to pick up where you left off last year and continue. Now that doesn't mean I mean, look, they're gonna be. Look, he ain't got to figure it out, right, but you're ahead of where you were last year this time. Yeah, and the guys believe in him, And that's what you need. You need guys to believe in you, because some day, if if the guys in the locker room they don't believe they can win with you, it's gonna be hard to It's it's hard to get them back. Yeah, it's hard to get them back. But him coming back, and you know he would see he probably was still around the huddle. Hey what what what you know? Asking what you saw on that? Well if you did, and you know, I'd probably did this, or you know, if you did that, you know probably would have come. You know, he's he's around and he's talking, showing the guys. I ain't. I ain't over here sunking because I'm gonna get back. I gonna get that job back. And all the things that I'm talking about you on the sidelines and I'm talking about talking to you in the meeting room, they're gonna come to fruition because now I got an opportunity to slow the game down and get the chance to see it while not being in there. Right, So now I get an opportunity to see Okay, oh man, now I see. Uh that's why I made the mistake. I should have went boom boom boom. Yes, tough. Anytime you get benched, nobody wants to lose their job. Hey athleast so some of the athletes have some of the biggest egos. And the better the player, the bigger the ego. That man is a Heisman Trophy winner, that man was the number one overall pick in the draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what. And it's so funny the way Bryce Young carries himself. I don't see him with the type he might have ego, but he hides in and mastics so well. When I think of Bryce Young, his demeanor, the way he carries himself, the way he talks here remind me you remember the five heart beats? Hey check, you remember the five heart No, he remind me.
Speaker 2: A choir boy, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, I don't know, I don't know why. It just it just Bryce Young reminds me a choir boy. Matter of fact, I'm gonna call him choiet boy the rest of the season because that's what reminds me of. Says all the right things, does all the right things. He seems like the pastor's son, you know, and just happened to be in one of the best positions for the Carolina Panthers. He's quarterback number one, and as Bryce Young goes, so does everyone else. Bryce Young is only as good as his supporting cast, which is why I'm so high on the receiving corps that he has work with. That offense is gonna go as far as they take him. So he's gonna need that receiving corter to step up this year and everybody be consistent at what they do.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks have always had the biggest ego. They just do the best job of hiding it they do. That's one. Do you understand what it has, what it takes to play that position, and to play it at an elite level, What you have to know, what you how much you have to study and prepare. There's a reason why they behave in the matter they behave. Now some they do a better great job of hiding it. But as we as as as we've seen Tom Brady get farther and farther away from the game. You see, you hear what he thought, how we thought. Yeah, we say that's gonna be a good team, but I'm knowing we're gonna beat the brakes off them.
Speaker 1: Say yeah, great thing. Every quarterback is politically correct, and I hate that. You hear Tom talk, you hear Peyton Manning talk. They'll never ever truly say how.
Speaker 2: They really give you no bullying boy material at all, at all, at all.
Speaker 1: I don't think has there ever been a quarterback. There's never been a quarterback that went against the grain on how they're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be right because most of them played that position all their life. A lot of them played you know, their father was in their era, their father was their coach, and so then you know, hey, we don't give people bulletin board material. We always praised the opposing team with a great team, how well coached they are, how disciplined they are, knowing all the while we're about to f them up right right, That's how you do it. That's how That's how a lot of quarterbacks do it. That's how most of the quarterbacks. I mean, you know, I mean, John ain't get nobody, no bullet to Boy Marino, Kelly, Montana, all the great They didn't give you nothing nothing. First of all, OYO, why am I gonna give you? Bro? Do I don't I know that you're trying to kill me? Do I need to give you? I don't need to add any more incentive. The bear's hungry. I don't need to dounce myself with sardines. Ojo. I'm already out there in this territory. And he ain't he he ain't had nothing in a while. So they're like me, and you owed your life. We only got a couple of guys that's trying to get us. Yeah, he got eleven guys trying to get him because he take off running. Everybody tried to lay a hat on him. Uh, the D line trying to get him. They blitt the linebackers, they tried to get him and everybody trying to get that shot. If you saw Richardson got hit weird. They tried to put that helmet right there in that breastplate just like that.
Speaker 1: Well hold on, now, now you talk. You talked a little trash. Now I talked a little trash. Now. We might not have had to deal with the eleven people, but they tried to give Oh yeah, we had to deal with seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we had to have a head on swivel seven. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: To me, it's to me, it forces you. It forces you to play at a high level. It does top of your game. All your eyes better be dotting, your teas better be crossed, because it's yeah right, you'll be looking listen, you'll be looking out the spoken. Oh there was some fun days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you put it out there, and when you put it out there, you got to back it up. So yeah, it's a I like that. Bryce. Look, the man played at the top flight. I mean he played at the top flight program at the high school, played at the top flight. Think about who he followed at Alabama. He was in the room with Tour and Matt Jones, and you know he's like, hey, and all he did was when the Heisman waited his time, when the Heisman them to the National championship game. It had been interesting how the game would have turned out had met you not got hurt in the in the UH in the championship and it got played the SEC Championship and then James and Williams got hurt in the National title game.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, as acl show did.
Speaker 2: So with all that being said, you know, obviously he felt some type of way about losing his job and who and he lost his job to a guy y'all know. He not the answer. Y'all know he not gonna be the future. And yeah, I think he's still in the league. He probably Where is he Andy now he's Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good question. I'm not sure. I'm sure he's still in the league though, because he Andy Dalton. Obviously, with the experience in his veteran presence, he would be great. He's going to play for a very very long time. Yes, very serviceful quarterback that can get the job done at the quarterback position. Damn, where is he.
Speaker 2: He's still in Carolina.
Speaker 1: Oh he is still there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, See he can be he can be an informant, he can be a double agent because he's inconspicuous. Nothing sticks out about him. See, if you're too high, it's hard to go and notice, isn't it. When you've had an impressive resume, it's hard to go and notice, isn't it. Look at the backups that played long, long periods of time, Josh McCown, h Horrior fitz Patrick. So yeah, I'm happy for Look Atlanta. I think Atlanta's gonna be better. I think Tampa's gonna be better. New Orleans. They lead the quarterback situation. If they get that figured out, you know they're gonna play tough. But I do think Atlanta and and and and Tampa are the two teams in that division. I think they're the teams to beat. I think they're the teams to watch out for.
Speaker 3: But Tampa added the receiver by the name of excuse me if I chat book, Yeah, bookah.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't see. I don't seen them one on ones, the seven eleven.
Speaker 2: Cooking in the slot.
Speaker 1: Man, they already had. God damn, Mike Evans. You already got got this Chris Godwin, and then you add young man Baker Mayfield got to be like a little kid, a kid in the candy store, man with a remote control. All you got to do is just put the ball in the area. Just put the ball in the vicinity. You got Buckie back there. They're gonna they're gonna be nice. They're gonna be nice.
Speaker 2: There. We got a good team, defense, tough nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know they got vitave, they got they got a Levante David Winfield Junior's back healthy.
Speaker 1: I like Dean.
Speaker 2: I think if he can stay healthy. Yeah, he get these you know, uh get these tick tack injuries, ham string and he gets deaned. But when he's healthy, yeah, he's one of the better couple of people for for real. I mean, long, rangy guy he likes. He's about six y four.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know who you remind me of that? Remember Anthony Henry. Anthony Henry played with play with Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Long Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah and.
Speaker 1: Play we play with the Cowboys something too. That's who who is Jamal Dean that's his name, m hm, Jamel Dean Mail Jamal. I I like him. He nice, He nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Carolina, balls in your court. It's time. Now, it's time, it's time. We'll see. We'll see early on. But they you know, they got to start off. They got to start off fast, O Joe. You know, when you're a young team, you start off slow, it's hard to switch that thing around. Get you need to have some good to feel good coming in the locker room the first couple of weeks of the season. Yeah, we dim. Dak Prescott when asked about Michael Parson's trade request and if he's thought about the possibility of Micah not being his teammate, No, not necessarily. I think we wouldn't have been in his shoes and watch the other guys be in his shoes and get rewarded. Maybe, But I've got faith in the Joneses and the team, as I do, and Michael and his team. Levin is a cowboy. Dak knows twice he's been in that situation. Yeah, he's been in that situation. I mean, so many guys have been in that situation, but none of those guys have ever requested the trade though.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, but listen, obviously, Dak, in his position, you don't have to request the trade because you know your money coming no matter what, because there there is no answer at the position that you're playing. But actually there's no answer for I can either. But obviously they treat the quarterback a little bit different.
Speaker 2: What else they.
Speaker 1: Gonna make you wait for your money. I still don't understand the method behind the manas and what they're doing. Now we we've colors two three Knights in a row. I don't know what. I don't know what Jerry is doing. I think it was it was a It was a way to always keep the Cowboys name in the headlines, and Jerry understood that. I think he understood that. I don't know, it just makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like what Dak had to say. Dak like, man, we look at her. We don't have so many guys in that position. I've been in that position twice. CD was just in that position. What last year? And while we thought, I don't think you know what else when I look back at I don't know why we thought to be any different because Dak and CD went through it. Dak went through it twice, CD go through it.
Speaker 1: What about Daves? Did dads have to go through that too?
Speaker 2: Now they got dads done because remember Jerry say here and James he did that deal on a napkin, Jared blowing up the spot. And I understand what Dak's saying. But but Michael said that don't make it any easier. I want my money.
Speaker 1: You want that practice day You saw that he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says, back his back locked up on it.
Speaker 1: You ha, backspaths, backspath. Shoot, my back could be hurting too.
Speaker 2: You know they say when you're backspathom, you know you're not supposed to lift anything heavy. Wait, do you get that big old side and bonus, this spasm is gonna go away? This fas gonna go away? Or what y'all tell you that? Hey?
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you boy, hey, football man, the business side is a shrewd business boy. Screw, it's a shrewd business man when it's time to get paid. You think they love you until it's time that showed me the money like you say you do? Hey. They play with everybody, and the funny thing about it is is everybody's equal, and the owners let you know that everybody's equal because nobody gets treated any different regards to the team. Trey Henderson Terry McLaurin, Michael Parsons, all thirty two teams. It gets everybody gets done the exact same way. Yeah, so I'm not as loud as others, but it's still the exact same way. Outside of the quarterbacks. The quarterbacks get taken care of ahead of time in early Yeah.
Speaker 2: You you you're not you know, you're not wrong. You're not wrong. That's that's kind of how it happens. You see. Now, the Ravens did make Lamar sweat a little bit. I think he had to play one year on the franchise tag.
Speaker 1: Hey they hold on, they played with it, not even sweat, hold on, hold on? How about what about when they're the opportunity to present itself? And all the analysts and punnings were talking about Lamar Jackson not being in Baltimore and them having the nerve to say there were no teams that wanted them.
Speaker 2: Well, that's foolice on their part, because all the teams that needed quarterbacks on children name a team that needed a quarterback, they got a quarterback that's on their roster right now. That's better than Lamar Jackson. And now we know, uh, Cincinnati and Kansas City and and and and Buffalo. We know they're straight. We ain't talking about that, but there are some teams and we know.
Speaker 1: And I could have was it the Giants, but that the Giants owner came out Atlanta? Oh yeah, that was Atlanta. Was that author blank that had the nerve to say that?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine him on that urf in that dome with those things they think they got big all over again?
Speaker 1: Eight unbelievable, unbelievable man. But can you imagine Lamar Jackson in Atlanta? No disrespect depending Jr. No disrespect the kirk Cousins city, turning that.
Speaker 2: City, kirk Cousin. You could have had, You could have had Lamar Jackson for at least another six ten years.
Speaker 1: Mm hm oh we don't want him, We don't need him. What Shuy please?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It is tough. It's tough because you do everything you possibly can. And Michael has laid it out so eloquently. He laid it out there on the line. He was probably nursing something Lord extremity last year that caused him to miss some time called some of his production of depth. He did all that and the hopes that you know they're gonna do right by me.
Speaker 1: Right what and listen, All players have the hopes that they're gonna do right by you when you do what you're supposed to do on the field. But yes, yeah, hope they show you every time.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna make you wait. We're gonna make you wait, yep, and lets you know how they really feel about you. It it's more of a it's a reality check.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: Well damn.
Speaker 2: Does that it really feel?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, And they'll show you every time, smiling your face, shake your hand, good.
Speaker 2: Job, good job out there doing great, You do it great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now let's let you let you let your ears and your eyes being sad that negotiating meeting room boy, you'll share a tear to see how they truly feel.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. They called him negotiating, O Yoe. They called him negotiating. They call him negotiating.
Speaker 1: I don't want no part of that. I just want to play ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I just you know, I thought my thing was that once I got to a certain level, you know, we should be beyond negotiating.
Speaker 1: But you you would, you would think that.
Speaker 2: Maybe I was asking a bit too much, O Joe. Maybe I was asking a bit too much. You think Michael Dial's get done before the season.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I don't think Jerry. I don't think Jerry will play like that's no need to let this bleed into the season, because if you let it bleed into a season, that comes a whole nother distraction that the team has to deal with instead of worrying about going to the season and having that behind you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Jerry does it every time. He always gets a players sign right before the season getting ready to start. He drags it out, drags it.
Speaker 2: Out, Jerry, And on no budget. Jared ain't wait for no checks to clear. He got the money. You just go ahead and pay the man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he gonna pay him. He gonna do it on his terms, on when he want to. Yes, and he and he showed just that with everybody. Hell, Michael might say, you know what, you know what, I ain't even finna sign. I'm gonna play this out. I'm gonna play this out and do me a favory.
Speaker 2: Got two franchise tags, and I was.
Speaker 1: Just gonna say, don't franchise tag me please, since you already got you already show.
Speaker 2: Me franchise tag? Is that because that got in his contract. You can't frameanchise, so he's not gonna play it out if they come to the table. But it's gonna take. It's gonna take more than what T. J. Watt got to get this deal done. And I'll leave a few Nichols. I'm not look if, if, if I can get a deal done for forty two, five forty three, even though I want forty five, I'll do the deal right, not do the deal the risk. It's too great for me not to at that point. But I think I'm agree with you. I think I I think I'm gonna say they are they get this deal done. I think Labor Day leading it to the leading to lead it to the first game. Oh yeah, because they play up there first. They got the Thursday night game against.
Speaker 1: The go And if you don't you don't want Sticks not on the field for that game, no matter of fact, you want him, You want to pay him late. So we come up and show out in that game. You're gonna be mad, You're gonna be pissed. Let me show you why I deserve the money that you strung me along for.
Speaker 2: Show you. Someone listed the top five greatest football movies ever. Remember the Titans, was one, blind Side two? The Longest Yard? Are they talking about the remake or the original? Friday Night Lights? You want to win? Put Boobie Miles in number five? Water Boy, Bobby boot Shape, hold on.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure who made this list, but one day missing Rudy. Okay, Uh, they're missing the movie Coach Carter, Nah, not Coach Carter Football. Okay, they're missing Rudy. What's the movie with Jamie Fox and LLL cool J? Where Al Pacino gave that.
Speaker 2: Long a yard? That's what I'm saying. But there was an original before that North Dallas forty Any Given.
Speaker 1: On Sunday, That's what I'm talking about with al Pacino gave that speech. Uh six inches between Oh my goodness, man.
Speaker 2: You know al Pacino, you know who followed Mike shannonhan around.
Speaker 1: Oh to be able to do the role for the movie, That's that's nice. That's nice. I love that about actors.
Speaker 2: I love getting the character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're getting the character, Yes, studying those Yeah, that that's dope. I'm trying to think what else football movies? Rudy. What's the movie again with Jamie Fox and L. O cool J?
Speaker 2: Was any Given? Sunday that had that.
Speaker 1: Those two have to be on it.
Speaker 2: Like Brian's song, Brian pick Alowe and Gail Sayers it was Billy d. Williams and uh who is the other guy? Oh my goodness, what was this guy's name? But Brian Song has to be there.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, if they're going back that far, they might as well have Wildcats in there too. Please tell me you remember Wildcasts with Goldiehunk. Yeah, chat, chat, y'all might be.
Speaker 2: But you do realize, like remember the Titans based on a true story? Yes, that was that was Burns. That was Burns head coach Hermann boom.
Speaker 1: Real yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay, yeah, hey chat. If y'all never saw the movie Wildcats and you want to laugh, you want to cry, Yeah you remember Wildcats?
Speaker 2: I do remember it.
Speaker 1: Hold on. Matter of fact, they ain't even got the program up there with Lattimore the replacement.
Speaker 2: I mean they've been, there's been. There have been some really good Like I said, Brian Song, football movie, football movie, the program North Dallas forty.
Speaker 1: I don't know what wildcast man, that's that's a classic. The program of Wildcats are classic football movies. I never heard of North Dallas.
Speaker 2: I never heard of that actually based on a true story that before You're tired though.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, but the waterboard man, I laughed so hard. Man, yeah, man, Bobby Bouchet.
Speaker 1: Hey, he was hilarious, boy, Adam Sander right, yeah, he was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Boy. Uh, Henry Winkler Friday Night Lights you want to win and put Boobie Miles in Boobie.
Speaker 1: Miles towards Acling that movie, didn't he?
Speaker 2: I think, what what is that? Oh? That's a paraman. I think that's what high school? He went to, longest Yard blind side. Okay, remember the Titans that came out in two thousand and we were playing what you call him? We were playing, uh, the Tennessee Titans, and they kept that on the video. Don't let them get another yard?
Speaker 1: Trying to think, man, that that's it. I can't believe they didn't put Rudy up there. Boy, Rudy is a iconic movie.
Speaker 2: Man, it ain't better than them? What mm hmm. Listen to me.
Speaker 1: Water Boy is a comedy. You could take a water Boy off if we talked about football movies.
Speaker 2: No, you can't take that off. Now. When Bobby Bouche with Bouchet and people k J. Bouchet and people are uh.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Archie Manning says Arch isn't going to leave Texas for the twenty twenty six draft. According to Texas Texas Monthly, as the season approaches, many of the same people who have already awarded Archs the Heisman and national championship are predicting he'll also be the number one overall draft pick in the twenty twenty sixth draft. His grandfather says he hasn't discussed it with arch but he knows his grandson Arch isn't going to do that. He'll be at Texas. The Mannings aren't buying the height aren't exactly none of the height. It feels to them like a setup. People are saying the Heisman candidate, said Archie the scoring building that's going building in his voice, you know you're not a Heisman character where you haven't even played with three games. It's crazy, he said. I know y'all putting all this pressure, So if it doesn't happen, y'all gonna say.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, I think the arch Manning gonna be all right, gonna be You're gonna be all right. And if he has the season that we think he's gonna have based on what everyone is saying. He out of there in twenty six and he's gonna be the number one pick in the draft. And I could tell you, I can tell you where you're going right now, because there's one team in Huh.
Speaker 2: He ain't going to Cleveland. He ain't going.
Speaker 1: I ain't say you're going to Cleveland.
Speaker 2: I say, I say he ain't going to the draft.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he going to He's if he has the season he's going to have. There's one team in the NFL right now that has no answer at the quarterback position, and they're going to be horrible all season long. And you shouldn't. You should know NFC South New Orleans don't have no answer at the quarterback position, and it's gonna be hell over them for them boys, number one pick. It all makes sense. Archie Manning to the New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna take I'm gonna take his great I'm gonna take Papa's boys. I'm gonna take I'm gonna take papaa. He said he ain't going nowhere, So.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course they're gonna say that because he hadn't played football yet. He hasn't played a full season yet, he hasn't won the Heightsman yet.
Speaker 2: But when he had two sons, that and Peyton could have been what Peyton was and he stayed. You know, they look at it like you only gonna get to go to college? You want son? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Baby, what what you what? You told? What you told me by going to the NFL when you got the opportunity.
Speaker 2: But see when you had when you come up you got money. Ohio, it's different than it for us. Now we ain't we ain't living we ain't living like that, right right right? It's different. Oh show if you if you survive an hour in the room with one of these, you get ten million dollars? Which one you choosing?
Speaker 1: Give me? Give me, give me what's up there? Tell me what I got up there?
Speaker 2: You got a crocodile, a tiger, a lion or bear?
Speaker 1: Crocodile?
Speaker 2: Yeah? From sure that you know what?
Speaker 1: You know what because obviously living in Miami, and I'm not trying to be funny. I know I make jokes a lot, but I'm not trying to be funny. I want to make and be in the room with the animal. Where if I don't move. They're not gonna move. Listen, the bear gonna attack you just because the lion and the tiger. They're gonna tack you just because the alligator unless you make any sudden movements. They ain't moving. They lazy, They ain't just gonna attack just because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they ambushed. They don't. They don't chase prey the ambush predator. Yes. Now, if you if the room got water in and you go down there to the whole, he might get you. But for an hour, I don't want no water.
Speaker 1: I can sit right, I can sit right there, and we can have a staring contest. Yeah, you have a staring contest for hour. I'm walking it. Yeah, you got no chance with those others. You got no chance with those other three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was easy, it varied Diana TARROSSI self titled three episode docu series premiers tomorrow on Prime Video, and a preview snippet, she recounted having to use w NBA offseason to secure bigger paydays by playing in other leagues, of the leagues overseas. I'm the best player in the world, and I have to go to a communist country to get paid like a capitalist. We weren't talking. We weren't making much money. So generational wealth was coming from going to Russia every year. Now we have to come back home and get paid nothing. I play in a herder league in worse conditions against the best competitions in the world. The f and janitor at the arena made more than me.
Speaker 1: Oh she said that.
Speaker 2: That what she say out now, DT gonna speak now A. I don't know if you really know like that, but oh, she gonna speak on it. She gonna speak of mine now. Oh yeah, if she feels certain type of way about something, you know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know your things are changing in that in that area. From a revenue perspective.
Speaker 2: For the women, you know, more still had to go in the unrival league and they make more in three weeks or a month than they made in a whole year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's unfortunate. That's unfortunate. And I don't know the specifics, you know, when it comes to the w n b A, but I do know that things are getting better.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we'll see in this collective bargain agreement if they get a bigger split of the revenue since the since the the revenue has increased, does the percentage of the revenue increase, right, So that's what's gonna be interesting. So we won't know if it's gotten better until we see what these new deals start to look like. If they're gonna be someone making three fifty four hundred and half a million, then I can say, you know what out yo, Yeah, they're getting better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hoping. So they deserve it. They deserve it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: There there have been a lot of women that have paved the way and building foundation for the girls that are playing today, you know, and it's good to see the game continues to grow more eyes, more visibility, and I'm hoping it does pay off of them.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Luka. Doncic was spotted driving a two million dollar all electric HyperCard. Look at this video, Oh ho ariemnic Nivaria. It's an all electric starting price two point two million, top speed two hundred fifty eight miles per hour, can go zero to sixty and one point seven four seconds according to the manufacturer.
Speaker 1: Or that's expensive, every boy, that's expensive.
Speaker 2: At that kind of speed, you'll be able to go like five minutes and go need another charge. Yep. Hey, listen.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about it is you live in LA. I'm not sure you're gonna be able to speed no matter what time it is the track LA.
Speaker 2: Now you need that during the pandemic because you can get on the full five with nobody on the pandemic. There was nobody on full five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm just thinking about the LA traffic. You ain't gonna never be able to speed where you going, where you're going full five to ten, the one ten, the five, everything crowded.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and fifty eight And didn't need to tell me about that because I ain't gonna be in there, either in the passage you see or the driver seat going two fifty eight.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no way, there's nowhere in the stations where you're gonna open up like that. What Pacific Coast Highway maybe? If anything?
Speaker 2: Why ain't taking it? Why all them winding turns?
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no where's the.
Speaker 2: You'll be in the Pacific like you be saying specific, You're gonna be in the Specific. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, that's the only thing I can think of. I mean, that's that's that's long enough where you can actually open up and have some fun.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I mean unless you go to the salt flask or somewhere a Utah. I mean, ain't nothing. I mean maybe the auto bond, but I'm just trying to figure out where you're gonna go that you can just open it up like that, right, But even if you could, I'm just saying I'm not gonna be in there. Somebody else can tell me. Yeah, man, it got to two fifty eight. But I know want no part of that. I mean, you know how quick you come up on stuff at that, at speed like that?
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, that's that's listen, especially if you're not a professional driver, a professional driver like if you drive NASCAR, you drive.
Speaker 2: ND Formula one something like that. Yeah, you need to be.
Speaker 1: Appro your eyes and your mind. Your reaction time is used to driving at speeds like that, so you can react faster just in case something goes wrong. But you gotta be a track that kind of speed.
Speaker 2: Only drafts just go that top few funny cars and that's only a quarter mile, little oho. I don't want no part of that, be hitting three hundred and a quarter of a mile. But you got to understand, now this is different now because it's electricity, it don't require that spark so that's why it goes to zero to sixty and one point seven port second. That thing is instantly the moment you step on electric OHO, it's out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's out. Yeah that's crazy, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't want no part of it. Over a decade, James Howe has finally given up his search for the hard drive OHO he accidentally threw away. In twenty thirteen, it held eight thousand bit coins with a networth of nine hundred and fifty million. By twenty thirty, it could be value at eight billion. Howland's abandoning his long running effort to excavate the trail from the trash landfill. His quest included legal battles, drawn surveys, and twenty five million British pounds offer thirty three point three million to buy the landfill outright.
Speaker 1: Hey, how do you accidentally throw throw that away? I'm just curious, bro.
Speaker 2: It's a hard drive Ojo. You don't think people are thrown away hard drives?
Speaker 1: Huh? Some of that something of that importance.
Speaker 2: It seep, No, but you see what's in today's time. It wasn't worth that then?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I see what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course if it were nine hundred and fifty. Hell, now it was probably eight It was probably worth what eight thousand if that? If that?
Speaker 1: Some things you gotta hold on to. You just don't know.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, O, Joe, let me ask you a question. And a lady said this to me. She said, your best decision that you've ever made. Did you know it was the best decision that you ever made at the time that you made it? No, your worst decision that you ever made. Did you know it was the worst decision that you ever made at the time that you made it.
Speaker 1: Yes, because the consequence worth severe.
Speaker 2: No, at the time you made that decision, you knew that was the worst decision you would make it. No, I see you did you do in the causality of it because of what transpired. I'm asking at the time, at that moment you made a decision, did you know that was the worst decision of your life? No? Yes, yeah, because you're like, hold on this decision, man, it is about to be the worst decision in my life.
Speaker 1: Because if you knew that, you wouldn't make it.
Speaker 2: Think about how many times you made a decision and it turned out to be one of the best decisions. But you didn't know that at the time, and some of the decisions that you thought was so ingenious, like what the hell was I thinking? Right, So at that time twenty thirteen, Oh Joe, it was probably a big coin, probably with like one hundred dollars. You probably could buy a coin for one hundred dollars. Now I told to somebody tried to sell me some Oh like, bro, I don't know nothing. I don't know nothing about it. Right, this was like twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: You understand digital currency, now, I don't be saying.
Speaker 2: And then you talk about a hard drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know nothing about that. You know what's funny is the fact that he stopped looking for Now, watch he stumble up on it.
Speaker 2: He ain't finna stumble up on that. If you looking in the landfill, he ain't stumbling up on that. That. What are you're looking for?
Speaker 1: Good luck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exact, he ain't stumbling up good luck. He ain't stumbling up on that. It's one thing to lose your keys. And you know, you look at all in the refrigerator, you look at all in the oven. No, damn well, you ain't putting no keys in the refrigerator. No oven you, I mean you, when you lose something, you look at the most ridiculous places. Wait, no, you ain't put it. But the mind just say they just look and you trying. Well, let me let me retrace. Well, I woke up at this time and I walked downstairs and I did this. A poor men said, you try to retrace. I mean you literally try to retrace your.
Speaker 1: Steps, especially when you lose your keys. You mispace your keys.
Speaker 2: Best thing is to stop looking for it and then you'll find it. Ye, But not like now that you go and look at the landfill. Now, because the likelihood of you and he's talking about he doesn't drone surveys and a thirty three million dollars. He wanted to buy the landfill outright, damn, you gonna get your ass out of here. But uh for nine for nine hundred and fifty for nine hundred and fifty a million. Yeah, I'll be looking for it too, O yo, I have fit to hold you exactly. I'll be looking and I'll be hired some more for on their hands and knee eight find it. I got a hundred for you, you know, as a matter of fact, Oh yo, with that kind of money. I split it. Whoever fired, I split it the whole thing. I was splitting with them. Yeah, would you rather have? Would you have? Whether have one hundred percent or nothing or a half of something? But that's a little too much though, Okay, missing it's gonna stay missing there, damn it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna spit nine hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 2: That's uh, that's four hundred and seventy five million, or it can stay missing and you got nothing you see, didn't jay Z tell you some people get so cold up in having one hundred percent or nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I got you. I see, I see you're going with I see you're going. I see you're going with it. I like it, she was. Tell him, tell him hit me, I help him find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and hey, and the thing is, we find it. Okay, it could be worth eight billion. It's worth nine to fifty In five years, that might be worth eight billion. That's four billing for you, O Joey telling for me too, because I found it.
Speaker 1: Tell him, Hey, listen, if he's looking for it in the landfill, I got some dudes out the city right now. I guarantee they could find it in less than twenty four hours. I got some boys to find that thing for him quick. Hey what I know?
Speaker 2: So absolutely, Oh Joe, it was thrown away twelve years ago. Do you know how much stuff Doesnet been dumping in that landfill? Yeah? Yeah, and how many hard drives?
Speaker 1: Good luck boy for nine hundred man. Listen, bron listen. Get put the right people out there. I'm telling you, tell you I got I got a home I got a homey name. Little school boy, little Scooter can find Jimmy Hoffaf, so you put him on the case. I'm telling you you got the wrong people trying to do the job. That's the problem. You got the wrong people trying to do that kind of enough. Yeah, all right, little.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for our final segment of the evening. It's time for q in a who Marco prove it, Bungles gonna bungle?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey hey hey, helmy homie, it's a preseason that's not necessary and the Bangle the Bengo did what they were supposed to do offensively. That's what I was looking for. I was looking for us to go out there and look sharp offensively. Outside of one Air and Throat, which was the first one of t Higgins bounced off his hands. That's it. Now. Defensively, they got to work on that. That's not my area of expertise unless it comes to Pacific dB play.
Speaker 2: So dulo gante, oh Joe, the Cincinnati defense is cooked, sir. Everything that great offense can do doesn't matter if the defense can't stop nothing. That was our second team offense.
Speaker 1: Child.
Speaker 2: Please go birds.
Speaker 1: I don't worry about it. Go Birds, Go Birds. I like the Eagles too, I'm an Eagles fan. We hell, I'm a fan every goddamn body. But again, it says the preseason pumpy breaks a little bit.
Speaker 2: Mister Tomplin said, do you think the coach should trade for your door? So who the coats?
Speaker 1: Wait, Let's let's see what he does tomorrow night first, Let's see.
Speaker 2: What they play good. They're not gonna trade him exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's see what he does tomorrow night first. And I already told you how it's gonna look. I don't need to repeat myself either. But again, that first drive, he's going right down the field. I'm telling you, watch.
Speaker 2: Yo kaide o Joe Market Callender, Week four Monday Night Football in Mile High. Nick's gonna cook your defense attain Huffnager her finger, oh so finger green law, Bernito gonna give them hell be ready.
Speaker 1: Wait what day did he say?
Speaker 2: The Broncos played the Chiefs in Mile High Monday Night Football. That's week one, Week four?
Speaker 1: Oh it ain' ain't looking good for y'all?
Speaker 2: Look great. Aaron Oden says, is Deshaun Watson's career over after this year? He's going to get cut after this season? Most likely? Is he worth a distraction as a backup?
Speaker 1: If he's a backup? How has a distraction?
Speaker 2: You'll guess as good as mine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Quentin made says media, but us in the shadow, but we will shine go Bucks.
Speaker 2: Keiper Norwood Jr. Oh Joe. My question is what are your top three favorite NFL celebrations that you did during your career.
Speaker 1: Top three probably when I scored sometime in September, I forgot who were playing Uncle. I put on the some burrow in poncho Spanish hair this month. Obviously the NFL they find me thirty grand I didn't care. It was worth it. The second one would probably be tiger Woods. He just won a major, He won some big tournament and I watched it on someday and I copied the putt with the pylon that that cost me money to because you can't use props on the field. And the third one I didn't even get a chance to do. It would have been a third one. But my third would probably be the marriage proposal with the cheerleader because she had no floud was going on, but she played it off based on my mannerism of what I was doing. She just said yes, and I hugged her. I wasn't gonna kiss her, but I didn't want to get in trouble. But the one I wanted to do so bad was in two thousand and five, we were playing the Kansas City Chiefs and I put remember the remember the easy button from the Stables commercial? Yeah, so I put the easy butt you know you pressed it and said that was easy. I put the easy button under the north and south end zone goal posts underneath and I was hoping to score, and I was grab the easy button and run the carson and have Carson press it. I think that would have been That would have been really, really really dope and really creative. I didn't get a chance to do that one, but that that would have been a dope one.
Speaker 2: Sean Allen said, Hey, Uncanocho, who was a great, great player that became a great, great coach in what sport? Great player since we got football. I guess he thinking football. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a great question because most of the players that were really, really great, they didn't make good coaches.
Speaker 2: Dickon the only way I can think of. I mean, Dicker was in the Hall of Fame and he won a Super Bowl. Uh, Jim Harbaugh played in the NFL. You wasn't a great player. You went to the Super Bowl? When you talk talking about great great and then he said, made a great, great coach, Bill Russell.
Speaker 1: So think about Magic Johnson. Magic Johnson's was a phenomenal great player, but he didn't make a great coach. And then you you you you told me about that. Now I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: You would think someone that was great at the game of basketball would obviously be great at coaching. It mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Most of the time the great, the great coaches were the good players are average players, but they weren't great.
Speaker 1: Could you see Jordan if you ever would have rewind back time Jordan coaching, how would he be as a coach?
Speaker 2: No? Lebron so easy to it, that's why you just said no.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Bird was a great player, Bird was Coach of the Year Steve look at Steve Kurr role player right or titles?
Speaker 1: Ay, but wait a minute. The success of a coach really have to do with his personnelity, what he has to work with. Ah, that makes a coaching job. Players.
Speaker 2: Jordan didn't win with anybody else, but Phil Phil ain't win with nobody else other than he wouldn't even coach anybody else other than Shank, Kobe and and Jordan Pitt. So what were we talking about here? Because the coach can can can get things out of those players that maybe another coach, because maybe he just knows how to push the right buttons. Bill knew how to push the right buttons with Jordan and then that Bulls team. He knew how to push the right buttons with shot In Kobe. Well, maybe somebody else doesn't not able to do that?
Speaker 1: What about coach prime or they hadn't been long enough?
Speaker 2: Great great player been a great great coach, he would need to be Nick Saban or Dabbo or Kirby Smart.
Speaker 1: But then he would have to be at a schools of that magnitude to get those type of players. Because we've got to think Nick Saman looked at the type of.
Speaker 2: He was a great He was a great player at Atlanta. Atlanta ain't no button, no powerhouse. He just happened to win at the forty nine ers. But he was time and and because those teams are high profile, you got an opportunity to see him. But you better check his resume in Atlanta. He was not that Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: It's hard. It's hard, and most great great players don't want to be coaches. They don't got patience. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. Thank you guys for joining us. Y'all know me. I'm your favorite unk. Shannon Shark, my partner co host Liberty City is owned Madden Adjuster, Binger, Ring of Fame, Artery, a Pro Bowl, and an All Pro. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button, and guys go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank each and everyone for your support and your continuous support. My Kanyak Laportier has a new drop and this one is personal. I created a limitedition release to honor my brother Sterling, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's just not a bottle, it's a tribute. It's a celebration of a legacy. And once they're gone, they're gone. The Hall of Fame Edition is official Leader Live. Just head over to laportierkangnac dot com to grab yours while you still can. Don't miss a chance to own a piece of this special moment. Please go follow my media company page on all of his platforms, shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned into the chat. We want to thank Chargers receiver Brendan Rice for joining us, talking about how camp is going for him, the expectations he has on trying to make this ball club. Appreciate, appreciate the young man joining us and best of luck. I am up. He's o Cho. We will see you tomorrow night. What time to morrow? After the game, after the Cleveland Carolina game, Shadure tune in. You don't want to much, you don't want to miss with Ojo and I have to say thank you guys Ears,