Speaker 1: This broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty arm.
Speaker 2: Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I know he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 4: In honor of Valentine's Day, Subway is offering buy one, get one free sub What better way to say I love you than I got this for free at Subway.
Speaker 1: That's a decent point. Valentine Day is on a Friday this year, so I don't know. I don't know how to finish that. Does that mean anything?
Speaker 5: Well, if you were thinking of going out for dinner or drinks or whatever on Friday, because that's what you do.
Speaker 1: Think again, that's a better point if you're not a Valentine's Day but just usually you go out to dinner on Friday or something, not this time, right, I wouldn't, I wouldn't, wouldn't try. I'm tempted to tell this story myself, but Elon told the story in the Oval office yesterday, so we'll play him. I find his speaking, I don't know if it's because of his Asperger's or whatever, so kind of I don't know. I find it a little difficult to follow sometimes his halting manner. But this is an amazing story about how off track the government bureaucracy can get in its effectiveness. And well, I'll let him tell it and fill in any gaps.
Speaker 3: And then we're told this is actually, I think a great anecdote because we're told the most number of people that could retire possibly in a month is ten thousand. We're like, well, why is that? Well, because all our time at paperwork is manual on paper. It's manually calculated, been written down on a piece of paper.
Speaker 2: Then it goes down to mine, like, what do you mean of mine?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, there's a limestone mine where we're still all the retirement paperwork. And you look at picture of at a picture of this mine. We'll post the pictures afterwards, and this is this mine looks like something out of the fifties because it was started in nineteen fifty five, so it looks like it's like.
Speaker 2: A time warp.
Speaker 3: And then the speed, then the limiting factor is the speed at which the mine, the shaft elevator can move, determines how many people can retire from the federal from the federal government, and the elevator breaks down and then sometimes and then you can't. Nobody can retire. It doesn't that sound crazy? There look a thousand people that work on this. So I think if we can take those people and say, like, you know what, instead of working in a mine shaft and carrying Manila ovelopes to you know, boxes in a mine shaft, you could do practically anything else and you would add to the goods and services of the United States in a more useful way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at us on a luget olive ark. I'm looking at the pictures of the mine and the boxes them envelopes because that's how they process retirement in the federal government in the year twenty twenty five. I mean, it's really quite hilarious. About seven hundred workers operate more than two hundred and thirty feet underground to process a maximum of ten thousand federal retirement applications per month, all processed by hand, using paper and stored in Manila envelopes and cardboard boxes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw the pictures too, and the fact that it's a file cabinet thing is amazing enough. But why is it got to be down in a mind?
Speaker 1: I guess to keep what Yeah, the same reason they store old films and stuff like that. Down in minds. You can get the right humidity and all these different sorts of things. But for so things don't decay. But you don't need to do that anymore. I mean, I don't know if you're familiar with the whole computerized record.
Speaker 5: Keeping things or even air conditioners.
Speaker 1: Apparently this has been known for quite some time. The Washington Post described the facility as a sinkhole of bureaucracy way back in twenty fourteen at the.
Speaker 5: Time, probably defending it as a critical institution that Elon Musk must not assault.
Speaker 1: Probably at the time, and this is eleven years ago. The report said the total spending on the retirement system per year was fifty six million dollars. Multiple attempts to digitize the system had been made since the eighties. According to the report, each attempt largely failed and was eventually scrapped, with the reported cost totaling over one hundred and thirty million dollars. They spent we we at taxpayers have spent one hundred and thirty million dollars trying to get away from paper and Manila envelopes in boxes down in a mine unsuccessfully. As Musk said, it was started in fifty five. Nineteen fifty five. Looks like a time warp. It really does it well. It looks like you're This picture must be from when my dad was in high school, the limiting factor being the mine shaft elevator. As he said, my favorite part was him saying this could be remedied with practically anything else. That's a funny thing to say this. We love the line. We could make this better by doing practically anything else.
Speaker 5: And it's worth referring back to the New York Times headline appearing with Trump. Musk makes broad claims of federal fraud without proof. Says there's waste and fraud across the bureaucracy without offering evidence. What the hell, no evident.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what to think.
Speaker 5: I loved his line about and I guess if the elevator breaks, no one can retire.
Speaker 1: That's Michael. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, no I know. And what should be most striking is there have been multiple attempts to improve it at a cost of one hundred and thirty million dollars. They and you couldn't because the bureaucracy is so thick and layered and people I got. I gotta believe it's got a lot to do with. Well, if we computerized it, we would need seven hundred employees. We'd probably need like six, maybe one, And they're the the the inertia to keep all those people employed. It reminds me of the whole dock worker thing that we mocked because the dock worker unions are so powerful they want to keep having a guy with a clipboard and a pen read the license plate of the car rather than have a computer scan it and do it because you got another employee and more union does right, Well, that's that thing and needs to get worked out. But with my tax money down there, with the retirement records, that's insane.
Speaker 5: You remember, one of the more stupid and discouraging moments in American politics was when Mitt Romney referred to the creative destruction of capitalism, meaning, you know, as things become useless or less useful, or a better product comes along or whatever, the old thing goes away. And that's not a bad thing, that's a wonderful thing. But with government it's the equivalent of we're still ordering our household goods from the sears. Roebuck catalog and waiting six to eight weeks for delivery because well, think about all the people who print the catalog and work at the warehouse and all those well, you know, all the chanting. We should play some more of the chanting and then swearing and stuff like that, and.
Speaker 1: Sears would go away because everybody would use Amazon. No, we can't have Seiers go away. So we're gonna fund it somehow to keep it around, even though there's a much better way to.
Speaker 5: Do it, And so you have the equivalent to continue, you know, going back and forth between the metaphor and the reality of Chuck Schumer bellowing in the streets that we.
Speaker 1: Are gonna fight Elon Musk trying to.
Speaker 5: Take away our catalog at our sixty eight wait deliveries.
Speaker 1: We're gotta fight. I straight, Who's with me?
Speaker 5: And what was the other clip we played where they're trying discoh with this idiotic song in which they're trying to make reducing government waste the civil rights issue of our time? Michael plays the idiotic song would you clip?
Speaker 2: Which side are you on?
Speaker 1: This is so horrible?
Speaker 2: Side? Are you?
Speaker 1: I apologize for playing it?
Speaker 2: Which side are you on?
Speaker 1: Wait till they're kicking the versus side Are you on?
Speaker 2: Where fight against jog? Where fights?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Wait landscap within our walls, We'll fight from dong to dusk.
Speaker 2: Which side are you on?
Speaker 1: Which side are you on?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 2: Which side are you on? Which side are you on?
Speaker 1: Thank you for are unions?
Speaker 2: It was to fat he wants sound.
Speaker 3: Too bow to him, but we want him in jail.
Speaker 1: Where are you? Yeah? The other one? Thank you for asking the other one? I mean, like me, body and soul?
Speaker 2: Are you are you can?
Speaker 5: You're with the Union?
Speaker 2: Are you a scabby musk ploodhound? Wow?
Speaker 1: You're either with the Union or a scabby musk bloodhound.
Speaker 5: But you know, sometimes you get done with a song and you realize badline is as bad.
Speaker 1: I gotta cut that.
Speaker 5: I suggest you got old stop it, make it end, Michael.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 5: The other verses were plenty.
Speaker 1: I'm on the side that doesn't think we should have the retirements system done by hand on paper in Manila envelopes down in a mine anymore. That's insane.
Speaker 5: And the whole pathetic effort to get some sort of Union song to catch on in twenty twenty five. If you know the history of that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that song was not to make sure black kids could go to school, or or black people could vote and sell Alabama or whatever. That song was to make sure that you keep having people fill out by hand paperwork and store it in a box underground.
Speaker 5: Well, and as funny as that was, because it was such a steaming pile, it's highly annoying because it tries to put on the clothes of, as Jack pointed out, the civil rights movement, which was a righteous cause in Dace indeed, or you know, a miners' union singing a song so everybody didn't die of black black long at age forty one, you know, that sort of union movement. But they're putting on the clothes of that stuff in the name of preserving the pay of bureaucrats who don't do anything as our country goes broke. Which side are you on? Yeah, yeah, I got an answer for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not Pete Seeger or Woody Guthrie. If you're trying to argue that we need to have trans operas in Ireland paid for by the taxpayer.
Speaker 5: You know, if the Irish want a good trans opera, and who among us doesn't enjoy a good trans opera. The Irish need to pay for it with their own the balloons or pounds or whatever rocks or whatever currency they use.
Speaker 1: Yes, more on the way, Which side are you on?
Speaker 4: Which side are you on?
Speaker 1: Pete Hexas second Death said a couple interesting things today is in Brussels. I believe he said it is unrealistic for Ukraine to get to go back to its pre war borders, which is true, and that we are not supporting Ukraine being a member of NATO anytime soon. So that's where that is now. And New York Times with an article I just started reading about how the most brutal fighting going on right now is on Russian soil as Russian soldiers try to dislodge that little piece of land the Ukrainians have taken. And that's a brutal, awful fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are some fairly Trump friendly diplomatic types who think Hegseth saying those things out loud was just a horrific mistake. I don't, and I think I understand why. In a classic negotiating sense, you don't want to announce in advance what you're willing to give up.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true, but I set off the table. But I don't have any idea where they are in the negotiations that they may have already crossed that point. I don't think.
Speaker 5: Well, officially there aren't any negotiations, but.
Speaker 1: What's being discussed behind the scenes, that theme, I've already dealt with that, right, you know, conversations. I mean, that's one of the headlines today. Trump has had several conversations with Putin recently. I don't know to what extent we should be deciding what Ukraine's willing to do. That's its own separate topic. Trump may have already told Putin, yeah, we realized they're not going to get all their country back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I just I'm so tired of the knee jerk condemnation of departing from the usual way of doing things. I think the usual way of doing things sometimes is good, and so I'm not knee jerk in the other direction either. But I don't feel any need to leap to the criticism of the way they're doing things now, because so much of it was not very effective.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Well, two things on that one. Zelensky has already said himself that he realizes they are probably not going to get all the land back. To the pre war borders, so he has said right two, having read the Bob Woodward book and the David Sanger book, there's so much that goes on that we don't know about until much later.
Speaker 5: One hundred as the kids say, uh so, speaking of things, people say.
Speaker 1: Are you laughing at me?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was funny. So a couple of things.
Speaker 5: From the world to work. Number one, I'm working on my first ever PowerPoint except I'm not using powerpointing, using Apple's platform, which is a keynote. I have never made one of those PowerPoint style presentations in my life.
Speaker 1: I haven't either, and with luck, I may be able to get to the grave without having to.
Speaker 5: And I've always thought it might be fun to know how it's it's practically effortless.
Speaker 1: Anybody is everything you want to be employable. It seems like a good idea, especially now.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to work very, very hard to avoid the things I hate about PowerPoint presentations and that everybody else hates unnecessarily fancy transitions between slides, and the slide that has five points that you can read in twelve seconds, but that the presenter reads for you over the case of ninety seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've always wondered, why were you doing this? So you're telling me all this slowly? Okay, I see it right up there. I read it already. Can we move on please? Anyway?
Speaker 5: And then this I came across in the Wall Street Journal. I think this is so funny that people don't get this. I'll start the way they start. Greg Fahee says there's a trick that helped him recruit college athletes and make friends with powerful people. When he meets someone, he repeats their name and conversation and he writes it down his phone two at his memory. But he's one of those guys. Okay, Jack, would you be totally opposed to trying this out? Because Jack, I hear you're worrying you do it? Why what can I do for you?
Speaker 1: Now? Three times I'm a little weird about.
Speaker 5: I know, and that the article is about how the vast majority of the people think that's creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: I feel some people think it's a powerful toll.
Speaker 1: Even the first one, I'm a little makes it a little weird, But you get into two and three. I've started referring to our what are you supposed to call them other than waitresses? I've started referring to servers by their names, and my kids really hate it. I don't know why, but it really bothers them when I do that. Wow, Yeah, I alway, Jenny, I'm out. Are you doing, Jenny?
Speaker 5: Whenever my mom would chat with a server or whatever, that just made me so uncomfortable. Do you remember why? Because it drives my kid's nuts. So now I do it more. It's got to be something anthropological.
Speaker 1: Huh. It's gotta be anyway.
Speaker 5: So the guy reacting to the Jack, would you be totally opposed to trying this?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 1: Jack? I hear that you.
Speaker 5: He says it was clear the person was using manipulative sales tactics, and this communications professor says, it's easy to see when somebody's trying to influence you by doing that. I feel icky when someone says my name every other sentence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm probably I'm probably not buying whatever you're trying to sell me. You do that?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, I'm going elsewhere.
Speaker 1: See you? What is it?
Speaker 2: Jim?
Speaker 1: Jim, You'll notice I'm leaving. Jim. Now I'm walking out the door. Jim Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 6: I feel like the luckiest man on earth right now. And I want you to know that I am not a hero in this at all.
Speaker 2: And President Trump, this is a hero.
Speaker 1: Mark Fogel, teacher accused of smoking dope in Russia by the Russians. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. You never know. They grab Americans all the time in China and Russian North Korean places like that, so they can use him as a bargaining chip for something, or he might have been smoking dope. Who knows.
Speaker 5: You don't we audit into the country anyway.
Speaker 1: You don't get to hold an American for what four years? How long was he there alone? Time? Long time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Years? And first I always wonder on these things because you know, there's uh, You've got the policy people around any White House, and then you got the political people. And I'm sure the political people are pushing hard for get this guy on TV. Get this guy. We need to We need him standing next to Donald Trump. And I'm thinking, man, I just got out of four years in a Russian prison, which he's about to describe what it was like. I want to go home. I don't want to be on Fox and Friends this morning doing an interview with makeup and lights and waiting for the segment to start an end. I want to be home in my bed with my family or friends or whoever I haven't seen in four years. Right, that seems like, yeah, I don't know what's going on there anyway. Here is Mark Foegel Fogel describing a little the last several years in a Russian prison.
Speaker 6: This super organism of people that came to my support.
Speaker 2: And the love that I was given.
Speaker 6: Sustain me for three and a half years.
Speaker 2: In prison, that had me.
Speaker 6: In hospitals for more than one hundred days. I was given more than four hundred injections in that time, and knowing I had the support of my fellow Pennsylvanians, my family, my friends, it was so overwhelming that it brought me to my knees and it brought me to tears.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he did a big debriefing with the CIA. Maybe the first thing he did on the plane back over probably four hundred injections.
Speaker 5: Of what and you're held in the hospital why as some sort of weird detention, more questions than answers.
Speaker 1: But that's fine, there's time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but good lord, four hundred injections of God knows what that would scare me. Yeah, what you're a beating I know how to take, not that I would enjoy it, But then happen to me full of God knows what.
Speaker 1: I assume he doesn't speak Russian. So somebody comes up to you in the hospital or the prison and sticks an eedel in your arm? You think, am I going to be dead in thirty seconds? Or what the hell is that? Are you doing medical experiments on me? What the hell is going on here? Right?
Speaker 5: Four hundred and was he counting them or seemed quite confident.
Speaker 1: In his number? I have many questions. Anyway, here's Trump talking about the whole deal that he made with Putin.
Speaker 7: They were very nice, We were treated very nicely by Russia. Actually, I hope that's the beginning of a relationship where we can end that war and millions of people can stop being killed. They've lost millions of people. They lost in terms of soldiers, probably one point five million soldiers in a short period of time we got to that war. And I'm interested primarily from the standpoint of death. We're losing all those soldiers, and then other American soldiers, the Ukrainian and Russian soldiers. But you're probably talking about a million and a half. I think I think we kind of bring that one to an end.
Speaker 1: So what's the angle there? So this is seen as us getting Mark fogelback, who Putin had been holding illegally for three and a half years, as part of the negotiation for ending the war in Ukraine. I don't know how it's all going to fit together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, Trump absolutely understands the art of negotiation. You know, you want to rattle a seller and soothe a buyer, for instance, And he's trying to get Putin to buy a good deal to in the war that spares.
Speaker 1: Ukraine too much, you know, defeat.
Speaker 5: But the idea that you could like maneuver against Putin and actually buy goodwill, it's like trying to buy goodwill from an alligate. I mean, I don't mind him trying. It just seems, is it that every president's a bit of an egomaniac and they all think they can play Putin even a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't know how how would anybody still have that belief? And he's an evil, child, murdering monster. I'm uncomfortable with anything even close to friendly sounding about him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get why Trump's doing what he's doing, but it's it's difficult to take on a moral level. Russia has treated us very well so far. Well, I guess your point the beginning of goodwill. I don't think being nice to him is going to get you anything.
Speaker 1: He will react in his best interest, whether from what he gets or what the pain he's going to avoid. Only Yeah, like's an alligator. It's whether you call him, you know, evil personified or my good friend. Either way you're going to get the same result. I think it's just going to be all about what you know his interests are. So I don't know why you got to do the night anyway. So Trump just put this out. He just tweeted this out, and I won't read the whole thing. It's really long. I just had a lengthy and highly provocative phone call productive. I'm sorry I shouldn't. That's funny. That was in my head. I just had a lengthy and highly productive phone call with President Vladimir Putin and Russia. We discussed Ukraine, the Middle East, energy, artificial intelligence, the power of the dollar, and various other subjects. We both reflected on the great history of our nations and the fact that we fought so successfully together in World War Two, remembering that Russia lost tens of millions of people and we likewise lost so many. It's all this stuff is just We each talked about the strengths of our respective nations and the great benefit that we someday will someday have in working together. But first we as we both agreed, we want to stop the millions of deaths taking place in the war with Russia Ukraine. President Putin even used my very strong campaign campaign motto of common sense in all caps. We both believe very strong, only in it. Putin is going to agree to this if it's in something he agrees to. I mean, like he's okay with period.
Speaker 5: In any negotiation, there's probably a little bit around the margins. You can increase or decrease with goodwill, but not with Putin, not even a little. This is just the way Trump does business. Though, Yeah, this is interesting. We have also agreed to have our respective teams start negotiations immediately, and we will begin by calling President Zalynsky of Ukraine to inform him of the conversation. Well, I'm guess he'll be pleased to know other people are figuring out how much of his country. He has to give away thanks for the jingle, something which I will begin doing right now. So he's going to jump on the phone with Zelensky. I've asked Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Director of the CI John Ratcliffe. He goes through a bunch of other people to lead the negotiations, which I feel strongly will be successful. Millions of people have died in a war that would not have happened if I were president, but it did happen, so it must end. Yeah, you know, in Trump's defense, the Ukrainians have tried everything up to and including a horrific, bloody war to get Russia out of their country, and that hasn't worked. So you know, now the US is going to step back. He hasn't worked with the cooperation hasn't worked, within my opinion, tepid support that could have been much more forceful, and all of the things we eventually gave him could have come much earlier and could have made all the difference in the war, and they might have actually gotten their land back. We'll never know what a horrible, horrible president eventually agreeing to all these things. Why didn't you do it earlier? Because he was so scared of Putin using nuclear weapons, I guess m. But you know, as I've been saying since this whole thing started, I'd rather the rest of the world was more scared of us than we are of them. I think right now the world is more scared of us, scared of us than we are of them. Yeah, yeah, Well, there's no way this thing ends in a way that's not just absolutely heartbreaking and disappointing and disgusting. Just that's the nature of these things.
Speaker 1: And millions of lives it died for no reason whatsoever. Oh yeah, as is often the case.
Speaker 5: In war, mostly because of Putin's Tsarist dreams. Well, he wants to be what William the Conqueror or Henry remember that whole thing?
Speaker 1: Which book was it that I read? I think this was the Woodword book. But during COVID Putin was so scared of getting COVID he went down into the archives underneath the Kremlin and started reading through old papers and stuff, going back to like Peter the Great, that they still have under there, and convinced himself of some noble position Russia should have in the world, and it's his job to get it back. Because of sitting down there by himself reading through, you know, three hundred year old paperwork. How crazy is that? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of warfare, I'm trying to find the quote about the Israel Hamas thing, and uh boy, if I could find it, that would be handy.
Speaker 1: But it was an about what are people calling it Gaza lago or.
Speaker 5: We're trying each one to see how it fits. Yeah, but the the person made the point. Let me see if I can find it really quickly that there has never been an instance in history where one neighbor launched an unprovoked, bloody attack against its neighbor and that attack failed, that they didn't lose their government or their sovereignty.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's true. That that doesn't surprise.
Speaker 5: Me because and if you have two brain cells to rub together and can put aside your ideology momentarily and actually listen to common sense and facts, you can't live peacefully next to a neighbor who did that, especially one who did that in the midst of trying as hard as they could to convince you that they were at peace and would never do that. How About in the moment you let down your guard, they slaughtered your people.
Speaker 1: How about this for icing on the cake. Even after you've nearly eliminated them, they still say they're committed to killing you.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly. It is impossible in the pages of history, impossible to find any people and any government who said, well, all right, you invaded us without provocation and slaughtered our people, But all right, let's let bygones begause.
Speaker 1: Let's ull get out. I realize you're still saying you want me dad and all my friends and family, but I'm going to assume you don't actually mean it.
Speaker 5: And so these soft heads, and I've been pounding this for so long. Sorry, I'll wrap it up. The idea that, well, we need to come to a ceasefire and a two state solution. What is your world?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: What color is the sky? Is there gravity there? Do animals talk and dance? Or what happens in that weird world you live in that's not Planet Earth.
Speaker 1: It's a dodge. Some of it is soft heads, some of it's used to dodge King Abdullah of Jordan yesterday when he brought it up, sitting there next to Trump, but he didn't know what to do. So Trump's going on and about how the United States will own Gaza and we'll develop it kicking Jordan's like, I'm sure he's thinking, what the hell is he actually up to? He's not actually going to do that, but what is his angle? How is this going to turn out? But anyway, he throw out at some point Jordan is only willing to move forward if the two state solutions, And I thought, okay, that gets you out of Rhetorically, it gets you out of a jam.
Speaker 5: Right, islamis nut jobs. Don't look at us, That's what he's saying.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll finish strong next. That's one of the songs Paul McCarty played last night at an impromptu pop up concert at a club in New York, which I would have loved to have been at. Oh my gosh. Yeah, he opened was Hard Day's Night. He did a whole bunch of songs. I don't know, but he did. Got to get you into my life and uh maybe I'm amazed Jet get back. Let it be ended with hey Jude in some sort of encourse. That would have been a cool show at the super Bowl. That was interesting how many celebrities sit in the same section and it seems like, because did you see any of that, Like Kevin Cosker was sitting next to Pete Davidson, and I don't think they're buds. I think that like just like they probably broker tickets that super rich people do and they ended up sitting together because they put the famous people in one section or something. Would not shock me a bit.
Speaker 5: If the NFL had a very special people ticket line, there's gotta be yeah, and I would have they have. Part of it might be just they have extra security guaranteed, because you just can't have even if they went on to stub Hub and we're willing to pay a ton of money for a good seat, you just can't have. Paul McCartney's sitting in the midst of a whole bunch of Eagles fans. I mean, he'd be harassed to death. Be Selfie's hit by the batteries they chuck a bunch of battery chuckers.
Speaker 1: I'm just signing autographs and having to answer stupid questions what's jet about the whole dang game. But so they're all sitting together, I thought, like Paul McCartney and Adam Sandler are like six seats away. John back and forth won what they're talking about. I'd be fascinated to listen to those people. It's probably quite mundane, but I would still find that somewhat interesting.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, absolutely, it's mundaneus would be interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Paul McCartney did not sing this song last night.
Speaker 4: Which side are you?
Speaker 1: Which side are you?
Speaker 2: Which side?
Speaker 1: You play this monstrosity several times today? It was the the worst civil rights here Row's song they were singing on the Capitol steps to try to keep Elon Musk from getting rid of rid of useless employees. Congratulations. Awful, but we got this text and it's a decent point. Why is it that the left has all the best musicians and artists in music on their side, yet they have the worst political chance? Which side are you on? Really? Yeah? Can't you get lady Gogar? You know whoever? Springsteen? Could you come up with some lyrics for me real quick instead of doing that Which side are you on? The chorus is okay, I mean it sung horribly, but it's it's the verses that they really start, you know, running into trees verses, Oh, we're out of time? Call Taylor Swift? Can you turn a breakup song into a we don't want government to shrink song? Thank you? I'll get back to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, boys, great music.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 5: Let's get a final thought from everybody the crew to wrap things up for the day, beginning with our technical director Mike Lanchlow. Michael final thought, I'm a little concerned. It's looking like where I live it's gonna be raining on Valentine's Day. That means all the red paint on my body's gonna just wash off.
Speaker 1: This really sucks.
Speaker 5: That's right, it's gonna ruin your Cupid costume. Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman as a final thought, Katie, since I'm the only one on the show that can do this, the side that I am on is the one that would slap that woman upside the head that's singing that.
Speaker 1: There you go, I've had it with that song. Under Jack a final thought for us. Yeah, I love some of these examples that Elon's bringing out, but it's gonna be hard to top the paper Manila envelope down in the mine retirement process. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you didn't hear that, grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. My final thoughts just flitted out of my head. Oh my final thought is a question, was that the there's a hole in the sky, why the tree one squaws lady?
Speaker 1: Or is it just like a type. I think that it's a type. They all sound like that. For some it's just like the screeching young liberal women. All could be the same person. Oh yeah, when they do a TikTok video. Yeah, they're churning them out of factories.
Speaker 2: That's holy.
Speaker 5: The side where was somebody's making money.
Speaker 1: There's sky where the tree once was.
Speaker 5: Somebody's making money. That's good stuff on your feet, Okay, awesome.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 5: Don't you know If you go to Armstrong a Getty dot com you can find the hot links there all sorts of articles and videos and stuff that we referenced.
Speaker 1: It's right there for you. You can drop some noemail.
Speaker 5: Bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com, pick up some swag at the Ang store. The Adidas hoodies very very popular, probably the link to the podcast there too.
Speaker 1: I gotta grab me one of them hoodies. They're come in different colors. Which side are you on, Jack? Which side are you see? Tomorrow? God? Bless America. I don't swear in public very well. But I'm strong and Getty where side are you?
Speaker 2: Don't that sounds crazy?
Speaker 1: It seems like there's a few Kings sinet slinking.
Speaker 2: For those of you that don't understand, he's taking.
Speaker 1: It to a much higher level.
Speaker 5: But I've not found myself yet in the charming burg of Swine's teeth. But I hope and you hope to see it. And it's citizens sometimes in suburb of Elco, beautiful thist time of year
Speaker 1: On that high Good luck, Armstrong and Getty.