Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Wednesday of Pizza Wednesday. Morale is getting a little higher. Dylan is doing the honors here with Billy Tips. He is his sous chef out there with the Rectech grills. The pizza menu today is.
Speaker 3: We have a Cajun gumbo pizza, perchance, a Dan Patrick Show original hot Honey, Pepperoni and bacon pizza, and then Todd's iconic classic cheese pizza.
Speaker 2: All right, who has it better than we do?
Speaker 4: Nobody?
Speaker 2: You got a big project coming up? Chat gpt is a new agent for larger projects. Chat gpt work give it a goal, help turn scattered materials into finished work. It's started at chatgpt dot com selecting work mode. Available on Plus and pro plans. You got the WNBA on NBC in Peacocks Sunday page Beckers against Olivia Miles. I love that matchup. WNBA live on NBC and Peacock. You can also see this program on Peacock download the app if you haven't done so. We will talk to the former bookmaker and the guy who took all those vets from show. Hey Otani's interpreter Matt Boyer. He will join us coming up momentarily. Terry Scooble he pitched Okay, Bigger picture. Dodgers lost again. He made his debut at Wrigley Thursday Night Hall of Fame game. Carson Beck versus Kenny Pickett. The Falcons have lost Jalen Walker. He's got a torn acl The Ravens lock up Zay Flowers. He got paid. The Bears locked up offensive tackle Darnell Wright. So those are some of your headlines, by the way, Because of the nature of the payment, the live tourt still owes John Rahm about one hundred and fifty million dollars. Good luck yet that now he's earned almost one hundred million dollars in live earnings already. But they could file bankruptcy and full liquidation, and then John Rahm would probably not get paid one hundred and fifty million dollars that he's owed. A lot of these guys who first went to live they got most of that money up front. John ram had it on the back end. But it looks like he might get the hundred million that he's earned, but not the one hundred and fifty that he's owed. How how can you declare bankruptcy with a you know, the Saudi Fund, they've got hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars. That's the curious part of this that you're going to say that this portion is bankrupt here, okay, And I don't know how John rom fights this, hybe. It's just that you're declaring bankruptcy. Chapter seven bankruptcy as opposed to chapter eleven. I think chapter eleven is restructuring. Chapter seven, for bankruptcy is full liquidation. If I know my bankruptcy laws here, but I don't know if bankruptcy would help them. Maybe they renegotiate what they owe Jen Rahm, I don't know, but does this go to a higher court, like for one hundred and fifty million dollars? I don't know the other golfers who were involved in this on who would be on the back end as far as their payments. I think Bryson de Shamba was that there were talks of, you know, five hundred million dollar extension. Obviously that's not happening, but yeah, just interesting stuff.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It feels like the Live tour was on life support and then all of a sudden, oh there's going to be an influx of money. They're going to try to keep this going. Everything I've heard since January is it was going to die of slow death, and that's exactly what's happened. Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: According to Golf Monthly, the Live Tour is still actively participating in events the Bedminster this week, and the new CEO, Scott Neil, is still in talks with investors about having some type of season next year.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck with that, Matt Boyer. No, I mean, I still don't know how they thought this was going to be something that people were going to watch and it was all of a sudden going to Now. Has the PGA Tour benefited Absolutely. Have they adopted some of the things that Live was presenting. Absolutely, But you're trying to do this around the world and people just weren't interested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dylan, Yes, I'm seeing Actually, like just today it says that they've secured funding from an unnamed investor that will keep the circuit alive, But it seems like that would basically just cover what's owed to golfers right now. So it's like putting a band aid on a musketball. There's still the larger issue of like Maintaining and running.
Speaker 2: The League Age seven to seven to three DP show Get to Your Phone Calls. He is the two time Amazon best selling author speak speaker. He was the bookmaker at the center of the show Heyo Tani epe Misuhara sports betting scandal. Matt Boyer was sentenced to one year in a day pleading guilty for money laundering, falsified tax returns, illegal book making. I talked to him after yesterday's show, and I started out by asking him, when is the first time you took a bet from Sho Heeo Tani's interpreter.
Speaker 8: I believe it's twenty twenty one, that the end of the the end of the season of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: How were you introduced?
Speaker 8: I actually met him at a poker game after I was introduced to him by going to a private booker game with some of the Angels players and coaches and friends at a local hilton in San Diego.
Speaker 2: When did you realize that he worked for show Hair, I.
Speaker 8: Mean I knew right away, of course, I mean who didn't, right He was such a popular character, probably the most popular interpreter in the world thanks to show.
Speaker 2: Hey of course, at what's your role as a bookie of keeping somebody betting, but also is there a sympathetic side to being a bookie when you realize somebody is in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a fine line.
Speaker 8: As a legal book maker, you're giving out credit, and it's a tough way of trying to make a living but also not being greedy and egotistical and then trying to maintain giving someone in a relationship to where you're not hurting their family or their situation with their bills or It's a very fine line. The more you get to know the person and more you underst stand them and what they do for a living, then the more you can help them if they are having a gambling problem, which you know, I personally had one as well, so I understand that dynamic better than anyone. But you're right, it's a it's a hard line to figure out, and sometimes they're Oftentimes they're lying to you because they're gambling with you and they want to give you them an impression that it's not affecting them, you know, at home or financially, because they want to continue to bet with you or get credit or ask you for more credit.
Speaker 7: So those are the situations that come up. They're hard to.
Speaker 8: I'm going to say, run and figure out, because when you are dealing with these people, you know, at least in my case, you have a heart. I mean, the last thing you want to see is if someone just losing more money than.
Speaker 7: They can afford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at what point are you allowed or do you ask that's a lot of money you're betting to show Hey. No, you're betting this.
Speaker 8: Truth be told. When EPA came to me, it was a tiny account. It was one thousand and eight thousand dollars credit line, so I you know, initially I thought it was no big deal, and then that escalated very rapidly to the point of about thirty days later we were at a half a million to a million dollar credit line. And then I knew at that point it had to be either show Hay or him together, or maybe he, you know, had some funds.
Speaker 7: I didn't know about him.
Speaker 8: You really don't know everyone's personal private lifestyle. Maybe he was a large investor in something. But then when I started getting into the point of millions and millions, then I knew that either show Hey was involved or they were partners. I wasn't really sure, and I didn't ask a lot of questions because animinity in my business when I was running a book making operation was key. I had a lot of clients in celebrities and athletes CEOs that were very private and that's why they liked working with me because of that privacy. But at the same time, I was being paid, you know, five hundred thousand dollars every two weeks. So the greedy sided me of running a business and making a lot of money was just like, you know, everything's running smoothly. He's not even making any signs of you know, panicking or even really was laughing and making fun of himself quite often. If you look at the text messages that the government throughout, which is there was quite a few of them, you could see us joking back and forth about both of us being degenerates and losing money through book makers, slash casinos, etc.
Speaker 2: So you didn't know that sho Hey O Tani knew not for a fact, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean I didn't have a relationship with show Hey at that time.
Speaker 8: He spoke very little English. And I've been around the team and some players. I used to play golf with some of the players and gamble with them, and quite a few of the Angels players were betting through my organization, but my relationship was with DPE. I never spoke about anything outside of that to even the players, even like, for example, some of the players were betting with me, I wouldn't discuss their business with the other players.
Speaker 7: That being said, I don't think a lot.
Speaker 8: Of these guys knew I'm saying I'm talking about the Angels players knew the extent of what was going on because EPA was very private, didn't have a lot to say, you know, very very wanted things to be low key. I realized now why at the time I thought, personally, I thought show he was betting with him, because the amount of bets that they were making and clearly an amount of money that was being wired.
Speaker 7: I just figured he had.
Speaker 8: To have known, especially with that long period of time and you're seeing five hundred thousand OAR wires come out about to count every two weeks.
Speaker 7: For basically a year and a half.
Speaker 8: I just, even to this day, I still don't understand how Showhy didn't wasn't aware. I do believe wholeheartedly that he never gambled. I don't think he was placing any of the bets or involved in that part at all.
Speaker 2: He's Matt Boyer, two time Amazon best selling author and at the center of the show. Hey Utani, if a Musicuhara sports betting scandal, how many athletes give us a sense are betting this way that you dealt with that we're betting through a booking, I asked him.
Speaker 7: At least fifth.
Speaker 8: It's probably even higher because the reality is everyone's using third party people and beards and people to vet through.
Speaker 7: You know, let's be real.
Speaker 8: Competitive athletes are very competitive in everything they do, and sports is if you're a sports fan, as you and I both are, we watch all sports, and whether you gamble or not, you generally like to have some sort of play in the game, whether it's fantasy betting a friend, you know, you go, I don't know about you.
Speaker 7: Do you even golf?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 2: I golf. I'm a guy who gambled a long, long, long time ago and quit cold turkey.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You, so you don't gamble on the golf course? Five bucks? Seven bucks?
Speaker 9: Nothink?
Speaker 8: Okay, that's rare, right, I mean if you if you go to a golf course, you'll see that most people that golf. Whether they gamble a lot or little, it's usually a dollar or five dollars, twenty dollars whatever. Most people gamble almost everything they do when it comes to that. I think athletes are even higher because the fact they're so competitive and they like to win it all cost But.
Speaker 2: Of course there's current athletes, Matt, these are current leads who are still betting.
Speaker 7: Definitely, Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: How many bookies are there left in America?
Speaker 8: Millions? I mean they're everywhere, literally throughout the country. There's at least a million book makers. Now, some of them might only have ten or twenty clients, you know, very small. There's a lot of small operations that are just local bookmakers at golf courses or whatnot.
Speaker 7: But there's millions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just didn't know if it was a shrinking because you have all these other gambling sites where you can go and do it above board. But a lot of guys love that, you know, they're not paying taxes that you know, you can do it in a clandestine way. So what's next for you?
Speaker 8: You know, I'm excited about this journey. I'm rebuilding, as you know you just said, I have two books that I produced one of them. I just did right when I got out of prison, and public speaking and giving back to people that you know, maybe hopefully NFL.
Speaker 7: Teams, NBA teams, college athlete.
Speaker 8: I'd like to go to these schools and you know, universities and give a public speaking event to where I can help these kids avoid going down the wrong path. I have the best experience because I've been on both sides, not always a gambler, but as a bookmaker and dealing with athletes, and I understand that it's easy to follow into that trap of you know, not only betting yourself, but maybe trying to sway a game, you know, fixing a game to make a few extra dollars, especially these college athletes. And now you're singing in with all these pros that are you know, Terry Rosier and Chauncey Billups and guys that you would never anticipate getting into trouble because they're wealthy and you know they're NBA athletes. But it's sad that it's happening. If I could persuade a kid from doing that, or a professional athlete, then by giving a public speaking event, then I feel like I'm doing something great. So I plan on doing that and just building my personal brand.
Speaker 2: Did you take any action? Were there any suspicious bets where you thought somebody might be fixing a game?
Speaker 8: You know, just in the US, there was a particular fight that I saw a lot of people coming in vetting on and there was a fight that was rigged and they got caught and they obviously got barred from the UFC tennis matches. I saw quite a bit lower level, you know, like the two three hundred, top three hundred players in the in the nation, not these high level ones that I'm aware of, you know, top twenty, top one hundred. So those are the usually the guys who are really not making a ton of money, that are, you know, trying to find other edges to make an earning on the side, sadly the wrong way.
Speaker 2: If I ask you to fix a sporting event, which one are you fixing?
Speaker 8: Tennis is the easiest by far, not even close, I mean, because you can make it so unobvious by you know, just playing a particular set or a game for example, you know, tennis works you got to win, and men's usually three out of five. I mean, you could just throw set one, come back and win the next you know three, And if you throw set one and you're a favorite, especially then the underdog is the value.
Speaker 2: Is very big on that sounds like that's happened many times.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you think about it in tennis, drat to tennis wise, you still win. So the guy who threw set one can still win the match and still get paid and still keep his status, and nobody really gets harmed in that sense in his mind. Of course, there's somebody getting harmed who's gambling on the sport and has basically betting a bet that they're going to lose, and they.
Speaker 7: Don't even know it.
Speaker 8: And the integrity of the sport more importantly is the problem. And that's that's what I hate to see more than anything. I knew in twenty eighteen when gambling became legal this was going to happen, and I've been saying it even before I went to prison, that it's only going to get worse. And really, what you're going to see the sad part is these young kids. You know, I have five children, and three of them are young adults who have their you know, boyfriends or kids come over and I hear it all day long.
Speaker 7: They're all gambling and they're young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and well I agree that. Yeah, that's a sweet spot of eighteen to twenty four. Men keeps saying I've been down that road, and thank god I wise enough to quit gambling because I see where we're headed with this. Are you worried about your safety at all through all of this?
Speaker 7: No, definitely not. I mean, don't get me wrong. Anything can happen, especially this crazy world we're living in it.
Speaker 8: But you know I've been I made my peace with everybody. I've done everything I can to make it right. And you know, I'm not an angel. I've done some things in my life I'm not so proud of, but I've done.
Speaker 7: More than I am proud of.
Speaker 8: So I don't I don't really have any any means per se that are looking for me.
Speaker 2: So no, thanks for joining us, Matt, Good luck with the journey.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me, Dan, I really appreciate spending honor.
Speaker 2: That's Matt Boyer. We did the interview yesterday after the show. Look, I don't want to glamorize anything with this person. I know he's got an agenda. I know that he's got to make money. You know, the government ten million dollars. From what I'm told, probably wants to look at doing a movie deal on this. So there's a lot involved, you know, the tennis aspect of fixing a tennis match, and we've had examples of this. It's happened recently. The number of players athletes who do bet through bookies. Now, there was no DraftKings or FanDuel. When I was growing up, I bet through a bookie. If I was growing up now, i'd be all over that app. I wouldn't be going through a bookie. But a lot of people don't want people to know what they're doing. They don't want you to be able to follow their activity that they want to be able to do something clean. It's with somebody. You don't know how much I'm making or how much I lost, so there's less of a paper trail. I understand that it's going to continue. That's why I wanted to know how many bookies. I was told there's probably ten real bookies left in America. Like prominent bookies. Now you have guys who will take some action, But as far as true bookies, a source told me probably ten major players in America. All right, we'll take a break. Get the phone calls coming up. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 10: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 10: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube. Again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Full disclosure. I did have some trepidation about out having the bookmaker for Shoheo Tani's interpreter on because and I've talked about this and I speak from firsthand experience. If I was eighteen nineteen, twenty twenty one, twenty two and I had a chance to bet whenever I wanted to bet, and I could do that on an app. And yes, I know I DraftKings is a sponsor, But if you do it, and you do it, and you do it wisely, you can have fun, it can be entertainment for you. But the problem I see is knowing firsthand. And I was actually good at it. I walked away with a profit, but I needed a devastating loss to walk away, and that's what happened. I lost thirty three hundred dollars on a Bowl game, and my bookie actually talked me out of the winning side, and I'm thankful that he did, because if I won that, I might be still betting. And I just know you you don't own that money. You rent that money. So having him on, I wanted to kind of understand, you know, what is that like when you know somebody is that damaged gambling wise and they're losing forty dollars as a bookie, is there any part of you that says, man, I can't take your bets anymore? And you know, he said, yeah, a little bit, but look he's running a business and probably think of that gravy train as going to continue. I'm still amazed though, that nobody flagged this, like the bank and maybe show HEYU Tani had no idea what was going on, and even you know, the bookie, Matt Boyer said, so he doesn't believe that sho Hey was involved in this, But doesn't your bank look at things like this with draws. Do you have a business manager like you can't just have a couple of million dollars gone and then a couple of million dollars and then a couple of million dollars. That to me is the most amazing part of all of this, that nobody flagged this and he got away with this. But you know, once I mentioned that I was going to have him on, I heard from three people, two that I know, and you know, trusted sources on a lot of things. But you start to get into the different layers of gambling, the leagues and their involvement and how deep it goes and who they're you know, in business with, and ma'am, I this is what keeps commissioners up at night. I asked Adam Silver, what keeps you up at night? And he said, gambling, because that's your Your league is based on that that we understand that everything is on the up and up. How many times on a Monday we take phone calls people saying the referees were out to get us, like the fix was in And I don't believe that's the case. But I understand why people would say that your entire your entire infrastructure is built upon your integrity and your integrity of making sure the product you put on the field is correct. But there's so many different loopholes. There's so many weak spots here. And it's never the guy who's making or at least not always the guy making all the money. It's somebody who wants to make all the money, somebody who wants to have a shortcut here, and that's what happens. But that's a lot of money. And he's raken in five hundred thousand dollars a month. I think maybe it was a week. Yeah time.
Speaker 11: How many times have we seen a bad beat? At least even once you or why? We're like, is that a bad beat? Or is that some kind of contrived bad beat? Like how could that have possibly happened my bet in the last second?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not always about you. You can have a good win, like we always look at the bad beat. We don't look at the guy who won.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: By the way, gambling podcast coming up at after the show, and I did this because I do talk about gambling and Dylan Gambles and Big Day, Ray and Shay and Irving. I am a voyeur, like I watch this now. If I thought that Dylan or Ray, who are employees of mine, had a gambling problem, then I would say so, I would say something to them, would I would encourage them to get help, even if it meant leaving the show. I feel that strongly about it. But we're doing it kind of tongue in cheek when we gamble on here or they gamble because I do not, but I'm aware of it. I go. I take it seriously when I bring this topic up because I want you, as a parent, or even if you're in that age group that you have a credit card, you're away at school, your kids are away at school, or they have a credit card, keep an eye because it will.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: Brendan Sowresby had everything, all this talent, and I owe money that wasn't good enough. And it is a disease. It is It's like alcoholism. It is a disease and you want that action. Some of the biggest names in all the sports Pete Rose, Michael Jordan, they needed the juice now, Michael May still Charles, he loves the juice Pete Rose. They need it, so just I know I get on my soapbox with it. But it you know, if you tune out, you tune out. I just want to make sure that you understand. It can happen to you. They can happen to your son, daughter, It can happen right under your nose. That's the amazing part of it. A couple of phone calls in here. By the way, sign up for the DP show Calendar yearbook because you can send us your ugly picture, awkward picture, the awkward, the better. DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. The month of December will be the audience you provide your pictures. We're going to try to include as many as possible. Sean and Daytona Beach Hi, Sean.
Speaker 13: Hey, Dan great in the info with Matt Boyer there I can't win a coin, Coss, So thank you for all that karmacred you and the dan Atts. But before I get to that, real quick, Zay Flowers, congratulations two times I had a chance to spend some extended time with him. Loves his Dan base, genuine nice guy. But to you guys, best scripted show in the business. You just mentioned the yearbook photos. Thank you yesterday for putting out the call. I saw that yesterday and I wanted to send one. But I graduated thirty three years ago. Thirty two years ago my girlfriend at the time earned my yearbook to a christ. Now yesterday afternoon, my high school yearbook popped back up on Facebook for sale for five bucks, and I'm happy to say this morning I'm an owner of it, so I'll depend and one in.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, Thank you, Sean, Yeah, thank you. We look forward to it. I didn't want to get into why did she burn your yearbook up? Let me just wonder how that happened. Chad in South Dakota, Hi, Chad, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 9: Morning?
Speaker 12: Guys?
Speaker 9: Five to six dance one eighty, Thank you.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 9: In June was in Chicago for a works trip late at night at the Four Seasons. Bob Costas is there. He just got out of a White Sox game. I walk over to him fairly full tell how much of a fan I am and my brother is as well. In wonder if they could take a quick video immediately off the cuffs, thirty seconds of pure Bobcossis couldn't be a nicer guy class act. The other thing. Maybe an idea for the trail, idea with you and your wife. The Mickelson Trail the Black Hills of South Dakota a little over one hundred miles. You can't camp on it overnight. So every night you stop on a small hills town, have a steak, hit a brewery, what a casino if you want to take a shower, hit the trail again the next day, and a week you're done. Maybe touch the waters a little bit. See if you like it.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you, Chad. I nearly lost my wife in the Black Hills. She went out on a bike and she was carrying the bike like she had to go in the river, carry the bike over her head. She came back, she was all cut up. It was getting dark. I've got four little ones. We're in a hotel, we're out there for a wedding. And she said, oh, I want to go take a bike trip. And I go okay. Like eight hours later, can't get a hold of her. And she came back like she came back from war. She's all banged up, and I go, where the hell.
Speaker 1: Have you been?
Speaker 2: She goes, Oh, I got a story for you, And I go Oh my god, Yeah, Pull.
Speaker 6: I lost my wife in the Black Hill. Sounds like a Clinton Black song or something like that.
Speaker 2: George Straight, Fred and Maryland. Hi, Fred, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 14: Good morning, Dan, Thanks for taking my call sixty one eighty five. Listen. Regarding your topic today, I think there's some naivety involved here, Dan, did the success rate on people who attempt the Appolachian trail is roughly twenty five percent. There's the seventy five percent failure there, and that's people that are really one after It's it's a challenging thing to be sure.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think she's naive about it. I think she's driven to do it and it's always been on her bucket list. I'm going to try to continue to discourage her. But thank you, Fred, thank you for the statistics. I'll be using that in about a half hour from now when I see her.
Speaker 11: Yes, Marvin, is she trying to discourage you from like retiring.
Speaker 2: So I would come back because I don't want to go on the appalation trail? Yeah, I don't. I didn't think of it that way. Maybe she's playing playing some games. So why did you decide to come back. I don't want to do the Appalation Trail. Huh, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what else would you do during that four ish month stretch other than coming back and doing the show?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't want to do it, but I said, how about you do portions of it? Are there nice areas that you could do a week and then I could come and get you, and then you come back like a month later and do in another portion, and we could go from Georgia to Maine, but we could do it collectively. Ish that might be might be the route that I take. Yes. Buy.
Speaker 6: According to this search, the easiest air quotes part of the Appleachic Trail is Maryland, forty one miles, relatively flat and non threatening.
Speaker 2: David in Denver, Hi, David, what do you have for me?
Speaker 12: I'm still thinking about the shick that burned the dude's yearbook. Noll And that's been a while. Beat.
Speaker 9: How jealous you.
Speaker 4: Have to be?
Speaker 5: But yeah, dude.
Speaker 9: So like my brother, shout out to John. He's doing the Appalachian Trail in sections. So it's taken him like three years.
Speaker 12: But what he'll do is he'll do the northeast section and then he just finished the Shanada Valley section, so I was like, man, hey, how about you and Fritzy.
Speaker 9: Going a little hike, a little.
Speaker 12: A little stroll through the Shanadoa Valley. It could be a great bromance, could be a good broad time. You know, set all your beef.
Speaker 2: Oh Todd could No, he can't survive.
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: Is it like a diner every few miles up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And will never resolve all of our beefs. It won't happen here is here's the plot. I tell Todd things that maybe would help him, that he needs to work on. Todd disregards them. That's it.
Speaker 11: No, I'll say something like, you know, I should work on that. I should look into that. Then like I never do. But that's a I hate that.
Speaker 2: I hate that. I could be better, you know, I'll be like Todd, you know, maybe don't do that. Yeah, I could be better about that. Yes, Doling, do you.
Speaker 3: Think Todd could handle the forty one miles stretch of Maryland?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: How many minds do I have to do it?
Speaker 2: Well, if we're doing forty one miles, can you do maybe ten a day?
Speaker 11: Asking a lot? I was thinking about five. If they can negotiate that down a little bit. Five six of them.
Speaker 2: No, no, I know you can't do it, But then you know there's a lot of people can't.
Speaker 4: I like to walk.
Speaker 11: I just I get to plant a fascia itis, and sometimes I get cramps on the ankles.
Speaker 2: See you you got cramps in your ankle?
Speaker 11: How toes kind of just get a little uh, I don't know. I get a little trolley horse. But the heels, Yeah, the heels get banged up fast.
Speaker 4: Pickleball or not. Just once I start moving the feet.
Speaker 2: Your mom did a number on you, Yes she did. She did.
Speaker 11: I'm going to the ear nose throat doctor right after the show because they've had a clogged ear for a month and that's still unresolved.
Speaker 4: So I gotta go get a check.
Speaker 2: How about I cut it off.
Speaker 4: Like a van go cut it there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for a month.
Speaker 4: This is QUI every time I blow my nose, I here like this, weird vilain.
Speaker 3: What is the over under on uh Jewish kids from Brooklyn who have done the Appalachian Trail. I'm gonna guess it's probably that.
Speaker 2: Uh, Paulie, could you see could you look that up?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Wish me luck.
Speaker 2: Jewish kids from Brooklyn Appalation Trail and the answer is nobody. Your mom would never let you go in the Appalation Trail.
Speaker 11: I had to go get a third culture. Like every week, I had big consoles. As soon as I met a coughing norse. You got stripped through and we got a check because if you have stepped through.
Speaker 2: I still love this story, and this is emblematic of your relationship with your mom. When you and your brother went to the doctor and you got a clean bill of health, but your mom insisted that you guys get penicillin shots when you were younger.
Speaker 11: You went into doctor Houtman's office and all of a sudden, we're getting in the car.
Speaker 4: We're high fiving each.
Speaker 11: Other, my brother and I think no shot, no shot this time, and she gets she did a little like you got to come back in and like what's going on? Next thing I know, our pants are done and we're getting shots in the tous as we'd like to say, he actually convinced the doctor. My mom has no degree any type of medicine, and she convinces doctor might be a good idea just to give them a shot.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marvin if Fritzy wasn't married.
Speaker 4: Do you think he'd still be living with his mom right now? Yes?
Speaker 11: I think I did like an apartment next door. I don't think i'd be looking at the exact apartment.
Speaker 2: You would be there for every meal, she would do your laundry. Yeah, you you would be with your mom.
Speaker 11: If you take her a little wagon out, we go through the supermarket and you know, down Brighton Beach, he'll be lovely.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break. Last call for phone calls. What we learn once in store tomorrow. If you're watching on Peacock, which we hope you are, We're going out to the Rectech Grills. It's a pizza Wednesday right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Last call for phone calls. What we learn once in store tomorrow. Oh what a day? What a day it's been this day? And sports history?
Speaker 2: How that for you? Coming up? Final results of the poll questions as well. Chris in La, Hi, Chris, what do you have for me?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 15: Dan, I saw your interview with Dan LeBatard. I'm sorry to go off course. I graduated from full Sell twenty four years ago, and I'm curious what you're telling your students and prospective students with the state of the industry right now, because I was a location scout in TV and film for twenty five years and the industry is currently gone. So when parents are asking you, hey, should my kid go to broadcasting school? What are you telling them?
Speaker 2: Tell them the truth. I tell them how difficult it is. I tell them that not all of you will be on the air. In fact, most of you won't be. I tell them to diversify. I tell them to learn how to produce, how to direct, how to run a camera. Your degree is in sportscasting, and not everybody's going to be in front of a microphone. The reason, one of the reasons why I started my broadcast school was I met with the parents of a student who went to an SEC school and graduated in communications, and nobody had ever checked on if he had had an internship, any kind of experience, And I thought, you know, there's no guarantees I stay in touch with my students. When you graduate, you always have an opportunity to check in with me and the people who run the program. This isn't where once you graduate, you're done. That's what colleges do. I speak from experience. I tell them who you see going up, you might see on the way down. Not everybody's going to get to ESPN. You might be in a Bozeman. But to call yourself a professional sportscaster, consider that an honor. And don't do it for money, because you're going to be disappointed. So we speak the truth. Chris. I don't know what happened with your career, but with these young students, they are getting great advice. They're getting the answers to the test. We've created something that other universities are trying to replicate, but they don't have me running the program. I review students videos every single month. You submit a video and I'll watch it and I'll critique it. But your degree is in sportscasting and full sale gave us total autonomy to be able to teach this program. But thank you for the phone call. Matthew in South Carolina. Hi, Matt what do you have for me today?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 5: Dan DP five nine one seventy six this morning. I'm a middle school pee teacher, middle school football coach, and heard y'all today while I was painting the field talking about your book. Says, well, I've done Captain Jack Sparrow, Mario Darth Vay or the bandit Ricky Bobby. I'm looking for some ideas for this year, so I've got a few weeks to figure it out.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute. You're a teacher and you're going to do a yearbook photo dressed up as somebody every year every year? All right, does anybody have advice a suggestion from Matthew for it? This year's your book photo. I got crickets, matt I got crickets. Dylan, you should have one RoboCop? Why would he do RoboCop? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just the first thing that popped into my head.
Speaker 2: Well, because you have a robocomp comp tattoo.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I didn't even look at it though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on the top of it. You don't want to be reminded of it, but you have it like an oyster. You have a tattoo of an oyster yep.
Speaker 3: Fish smoking a pipe, a peach, a palm tree, a couple of sharks, and a dragonfly and a really really bad flamingo tattoo in RIBA's signature.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you Uh you lost a bet in Riba McIntyre her signature. Yep, got that on my back, of course you did.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Shaye and Irving got one, he did yeah, Uh yes, Mark Paul in Fritzy, do you guys have tattoos?
Speaker 6: No, I never got one. I just never found something that I thought I'd keep forever.
Speaker 11: A lot of scars, no tattoos, emotional scars, emotional scars.
Speaker 4: Well, it was a worse than the physical one.
Speaker 2: This dang sports history, Paul.
Speaker 6: In twenty thirteen, Bud Seelig suspended Alex Rodriguez a weird number two and eleven games for peds that were reduced to one sixty two. And uh, this is a good one. We brought trades the other day. In nineteen sixty two, clubs traded managers. Detroit traded Jimmy Dikes for Cleveland's Joe Gordon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we brought that up yesterday. Let's see final results of the poll question Dylan.
Speaker 3: Thought on Jay Flowers getting a thirty five million dollar a year deal with the Ravens, sixty five percent say hate it. I think that's a little strong. But and the food that's the best, even when it's bad. Pizza, burgers, tacos, or other pizza running away with it at seventy four percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would throw in hot dogs as well. Oh yeah, hot times. Twenty twelve, Usain Bolt set the Olympic record nine point sixty three seconds. Todd, would you learn today?
Speaker 4: Paul had brought this one up earlier. The last of the Steels had fewer than.
Speaker 11: Six wins in a season nineteen eighty eight, almost forty years.
Speaker 2: Wow, Dylan, how about you.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna have to hike the Appalachian Trail.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not Marvin. College football coaches don't watch college football. They do not Paul Tennis is the easiest to fix, Todd, what did I learn?
Speaker 11: Alabama ranked outside the Coach's Poll Top ten for the first time since two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you tomorrow.