Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Ready for a break?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And so much for that.
Speaker 6: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. We were on with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought us, Patrick Walker and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, October twenty seventh, twenty twenty three, Season nineteen, episode number fifty eight. Welcome to the latest edition All the Break. We are alive from the SWBC Mortgage Studios at the start Today. It is our job get you ready for Cowboys versus Rams big game this weekend. Those that don't think this is a big game have not watched the Rams play. This will be a very interesting game. It will be a tricky game for the Cowboys. They'll have to get a win this weekend. It's important for them to get it right. And and we're going to tell you what we think is going to happen this weekend. We've got Patrick, Brian Shades and Amber Whatte.
Speaker 7: That's all I can say.
Speaker 2: Haters like I get nervous when you put on the shades because then I'm like, she's gonna say something that she's trying to hide from. That's what that's all about.
Speaker 8: I'm excited because we get to play a game today again and we haven't played when it feels like in forever.
Speaker 2: I know, but that also scares me too. The game scare me because you never know what's gonna come out of somebody's mouth. That's what makes it that I'm gonna get a phone call about change my world, changed my whole weekend because Brian says something and then he's like, I'm a radio guy. I can say whatever I want to say.
Speaker 3: Why why am I getting in this one?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Here we go, Let's start with the injury wanting to say something No, no, no, you're good. You know the rules, So so we'll start the injury report. It had been all week that we were looking at the injury report and we were like, man, this is great. There's there's nobody there, there's nothing happening. Then yesterday Thursday, Tyronon you're right, Tyren Smith pops up on the injury report. What are we hearing about that injury and kind of what's the prognosis for this weekend.
Speaker 4: Okay, So yeah, yesterday's injury report Thursday, Tyrone was the thankfully the only one that appeared on the injury report outside of one YEA Thomas, which was a full participant as well. It's a neck injury. It's being described to me as the next Stinger. He was limited in practiced yesterday. Likelihood that he will be limited today and just limited all the way up until game time. Jerry Jones spoke on one five dot three FM Defan today and he said that he is optimistic period about Tyron Smith's availability against the Rams. So as we have this conversation, Jerry Jones and the Cowboys organization feel really strongly that Tyron will be on the field comes Sunday at at and T Stadium. But we still have to see what the injury report looks like today Friday. They're gonna have a walk through on tomorrow's Saturday morning. So fingers crossed. But yeah, Tyron Smith, he popped up on the infamous Thursday injury report, which has been a dark day for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about scenarios if he can't play.
Speaker 4: Some Richards, give me Austin Richards. It probably be tru Mandoga as it was when Tyron had to sit last go round. So I think the primary plan is going to be go with the veteran again, and we talked about it too many Doga He's played well pleasant, surprised a lot of us, and then Austin Richards will probably back him up and make his way to the active roster and escape the in actors this week. I think that would be the plan. Just go with what you've already done before.
Speaker 2: Knowing what you're facing this week, which, again as I led into the show, I said, this is not a game you take for granted. But if you're looking at Tyron and you think there's any chance that this injury is something that could linger or could get worse from play, would you consider the possibility of sitting in them seek knowing that next week you've got an even bigger challenge playing and even better defensive front when you have to go to Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say no. If it were a situation and this is contingent upun if he's DMP today, then my opinion it will probably change. But based on what we have in front of us and him being a limited participant yesterday and hearing Jerry talk about it, and it doesn't seem like McCarthy is too concerned. He's not really addressed it at all when he spoke on the fan this morning. I would go ahead and play him because this game matters. I mean, you're coming off of bye week at fourign two, you've gained ground by virtue of the Lions losing, and the forty nine is going on the slide, and we don't know yet if brock Perty is going to play maybe at Sam Donald. So the forty nine ers are in a position where they may end up on a three game slide, and then anybody can beat anybody who knows the Eagles might lose this week. You need to go ahead and really try to narrow that gap as much as possible. And you worry about next week next week, and you make a valid point that you're about to go up against arguably the best defensive front in the NFL next week. But at the same time, you can't take this Rams team seriously or you're gonna end up getting and you're gonna end up getting cardinaled again. So you don't take this team lightly. Go out there and play with everybody who's healthy enough to play, and you worry about Philadelphia when you get Philadelphia.
Speaker 8: I would disagree. I would go the other way actually, because even though I'm a full believer on if you're healthy or good enough to play, go play, there's only X amount of games in the season, and that's your job. But at the same time, sorry, looking at next week and having that in mind, One, if you get to just sit him out, he gets an extra week of like, you know, not going off resting quote unquote, plus whatever he does in practice. But then also the backup option gets reps of playing an actual full game with everybody else and getting ready.
Speaker 7: For next week. If we know how you'd never know.
Speaker 8: Even if it's healthy, if it can go in and then come back out. Something happens in the in the game, But you're already giving the opportunity for the backup guy to have a full game full of reps with everybody else, which clearly, apparently that's a huge deal of consistency and having everybody on the same page. And we know the next week, yes, definitely, this weekend is very very important, but next week, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: So here's my point to that, And I see where you're going with it, and I get it. But we also talked yesterday about you asked the question, how many regular season games would I like to see before I see continuity? If you sit Tyron Smith this week, you're you're basically hitting that, you're hitting a soft reset. So now you're going into Philadelphia and you're not you're not having three consecutive regular season games to build that come.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter. That doesn't matter anymore. I see it because it just it seems like it's never gonna happen. There's one issue after the other. So it's like one of those things that you just got to accept it and deal with it and realize that that's just not gonna be the type of luxury that you're gonna get had this season.
Speaker 4: I don't accept that.
Speaker 2: Well, right, Ran, what did you say? You said a few weeks ago you said something about it was a term you used for what you think about this offensive line and them actually getting to a point where they all played together. I can't remember what it was. It was a song or something, I don't know, But the point is it's a pipe dream, Like it's like the fact that you're going to be able to get We thought this would be the third in a row, and maybe it still will be right. But but the fact of the matter is like, right now, you're worried about ever getting to a point where you're consistently going to have the same five in Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know it's uh this one. When you asked the question, I was thinking, if you rest him, you lose continuity. If you play him and all of a sudden it gets worse and then But I think I'm on the line of playing him because I've seen a Doga play and I don't think it's terrible. But I'm you know, I understand, I I you know, I would I if this was a Doga having to play against Philadelphia right off off the jump, then I would be a little bit like, Okay, now I'm really scared here. But the fact that he's played and they've had some some some work with him, and he's and he's shown it to be okay, I'm I'm more likely to say, if Tyron is able to go, go, you know, and and let's hope for the best here. If it's one of those things that he's not gonna get up, but they're not gonna put hurt players out there that's just not what they do. If they determine that he can't go the thing.
Speaker 8: Sorry, where we thought he was gonna play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And that's that's why I've always you know, I I do worry about the matchup with with with Byron Young, I do, I really, I I think whoever with Tyrone being in the game, I I worry about that matchup for the Cowboys Adoga. I'm gonna worry about that matchup as well. But man, you've if he can go, he's got to go. He's got to go. You got to find a way and hopefully he gets through the game. But with that state thing with him, it's always about it zaps that strength. You know, there's no strength. And so if he's you know, she's.
Speaker 7: I don't even you're not even convinced.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: And I hate I hate to be this way. I hate to be this way. I hate to be this way because I hate to be or I hate to be the show that always tells you when we told you that there was going to be a time where he was going to get hurt and he's not going to make all the games and he's not, you know, you hate to do that but this, like you said, this is reality. This is what this team has on the offensive line. They can't they can't enjoy trying to get the thing right. Something always gets in the way of it trying to progress. And that's the thing that's got me beat right now is that. But if he can, if he could go, he needs to go. They need to win this game. They need to win this game. They really really do.
Speaker 2: His game is very important, much more important you probably thought heading into the season. I know, for me when I saw the schedule, initially, I didn't think this would be as important a game. But I think there's a huge difference between you know, getting that fifth win and going to five and two versus being four and three. It's gonna feel very different, and especially heading into a game against Philadelphia on the road, it's gonna feel very very different. And you could end yourself end up in a situation where you take a two week slide and you're now back at five hundred. That's a really that's a place you really don't want to be, right right if you lose both these games. So all right, let's let's we'll take our first break. We're gonna take a little early first break, we'll come back. I have some questions for you guys based on the matchup Cowboys versus Rams. Will do that in the second segment. In third segment, we will get the Ambers game. See what kind of questions she has for us?
Speaker 4: What kind of.
Speaker 2: Glasses amberman? She will say anything? All right, We'll be back Dallas, Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog and the cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. What the good news is, Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 5: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 11: Cowboys fans, after that move, we've just coined the term rowdy replay.
Speaker 2: Let's roll back the tapes.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking.
Speaker 11: App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial Assistant Erica.
Speaker 4: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash Can't Stop Banking.
Speaker 2: Everica is only available in the English language.
Speaker 11: You mut download the latest version of the Mobile Banking app, only available on select mobile devices.
Speaker 2: Messaging datter atesy apply a number FDIC.
Speaker 9: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you.
Speaker 12: Dear doctor?
Speaker 2: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 13: But what's the right yet that's says thanks for being a soldier.
Speaker 6: To cry on.
Speaker 9: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any doctor Pepper flavor will do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 9: Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 13: They say, champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, Gator utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 2: Back to the break.
Speaker 3: Hey, how about this the PBR World Finals. This is a kid Rock Rock and Road is what they're calling this thing. This is awesome kid rock. That's all right. The twenty twenty four PBR Ward Finals are taking all taking over at AT and T Stadium. It all starts on May seventeenth with Kid Rocks rockin Rock and Roll Rodeo. Then on May eighteenth and nineteenth, the Finals compete in the twenty twenty four PBR Championship. Let's Rock and Ride. Three day tickets are on sale now at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T.
Speaker 2: Stadium, Welcome back. It is the second segment of the Rake Live from the s WBC Mortgage Studios, Rock and Rolling going on there at the star of the segment's brought to you by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: We got some questions. I got some questions lined up here for you guys talking about the matchup Cowboys versus Rams. My first question is who is the offensive player for the Rams that should be most concerning for Dallas.
Speaker 4: For me, it's easy to say Pookinakoula and that will be very easy.
Speaker 2: Wow, even what easy to say?
Speaker 4: Well, you said the question again. Mere heard it.
Speaker 2: I said the Rams player offensive player that should be most concerning for the Dallas.
Speaker 4: I was like, wait a minute, because you said it. I was I just it's it's Cooper Cup.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought you were saying. And you were like, it's easy, and I said, it would be easy for me to say, oh, okay, okay, I'm sorry, but it's Scooper Cup.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but it's the super Bowl MVP, it's the former Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: By the way, I wouldn't be I wouldn't be against you if you said Pooking the cool I'm just saying I don't think it's a clear cut easy answer.
Speaker 4: It's not until that point someone dropped the nice status and this is an I heart eats, So kudos to him for finding this stat. It came across my my Twitter timeline.
Speaker 3: Did you just say.
Speaker 4: Well done, well done to you to this gentleman.
Speaker 2: He got me, he got me, Okay you Friday.
Speaker 4: So this is this is we're gonna push through. We're gonna push through, and don't we all we're gonna push through. So since since Cooper Cup returned from injury, here the here are the splits from Cup and Nicole. Twenty eight targets per like literally breaking even twenty eight targets per and Cup has seventeen receptions two hundred and ninety five yards with a touchdown. Nicola has nineteen receptions two hundred and fifty one with a touchdown. It's almost literally split right down the middle.
Speaker 2: And Coop mixed. I mean, cut miss, how many games I have to go?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They like seven, three or four? So yeah, because these are weeks five through seven together. Yeah, so this just goes to show, like I said, it'd be easy for me to say pooking the cool, and I would be valid in doing that. But I mean when you're talking about the former Super Bowl MVP and Cooper Cup and what he can do, yeah, that's the most concerning by not by far, but most certainly. I'll put it that way.
Speaker 8: I will go with him though, because the name rocks well not just not just that, not just that, but the fact is, it's like it's like the shiny new boy, shiny new thing that is happening in their offense, and now you're everybody's giving the light and attention to this guy not to get again. And when Brian broke down the whole offense, you know, you were saying, how kind of interchangeable or they do very similar thing or they're using him very similar to So yeah, I either way, either way they're gonna they're gonna be a problem. But but I'll go with the with the shiny new.
Speaker 3: Toy whoka needs his own surf shop with a name like that, it's actually Matthew Stafford is so you need to worry about this game really like that? Yeah, you do, because what happens with Matthew Stafford he can, uh, he has that ability to still light you up. You know, he can if he gets into a rhythm, if he gets into the flow of the game, he gets receivers that are open, he could still make plays moving around in the pocket. He could throw it sidear and we can throw it underhanded. He could throw it. He's got the arm strength, the arm talent. He could also give you the game. He could absolutely give you the game if everything's bad. He's a very boom or bust player. But you worry about the boom. You worry about the boom, and especially with the wide receivers, hig be a tight end if he gets any kind of protection in this game, and maybe they find a little bit of similars of a running game that can make him even more dangerous danger. Excuse me, so I think Matthew Stafford. You know, they just load him up, see what happens. But you got to get after him. You know, it's it's to make him uncomfortable, is the best thing. But he is going to play with toughness. He's going to play with grit. He's playing it at home. You know, he's going to want to do well. He's he's had some games. I just remember that game. We were sitting on the sidelines in Detroit and Megatron had three hundred and fifty seven yards of receptions. Well that's that was when you lost a lunch for everybody at Hard eight. After that one, I chinked it by saying you're gonna have to pay, and I end up having to pay. But the I worry about him getting into the flow of the game, I really really do.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. He's got a big arm too. And you know we've talked about Cowboys will give some chunk plays on you. Their offense is predicated on big plays, and so I kind of agree with you, Brian. I'd go with Matthew Stafford on that.
Speaker 8: oneHe would you rate him as in the list of quarterbacks that the Cowboys defense has already faced.
Speaker 2: Oh that they've already faced.
Speaker 3: Well, it just start. He's not he's he's better than Daniel James.
Speaker 2: He might be the best.
Speaker 3: Better than he's better than he's better than our guy at the Jets. If Aaron Rodgers was playing, it might.
Speaker 4: Be Rogers better than Josh better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I will say this, And even when you if you wanted to, like you could say party's playing better than him or whatever. But if you just take raw quarterback skills. I think he's better than Perdy and anyone else. Do you want to throw on that lit of guys that they've played the gout the Chargers.
Speaker 7: That's one they would have.
Speaker 3: The guy the Chargers I think is in that. And I know he's in his career now. He's like the all time leader and losses for the first four or five years of his career. So and I don't think that's all him. He's had some bad moments. But if you said you can have you can have Herbert or have Stafford, Yeah, I would take Herbert.
Speaker 2: I bring the question, is that because of age? If you took the age factor, if they both were in the fifth year of the were both.
Speaker 3: With the same if they were the same player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because right now, obviously the age would make a huge age.
Speaker 3: Makes a huge difference.
Speaker 4: YEA take age. Oh and I'm taking staff me too.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of with you on that.
Speaker 3: I take Herbert.
Speaker 2: Okay, God, I.
Speaker 3: Ride that train right into the.
Speaker 9: You did.
Speaker 2: It's not very confident about that.
Speaker 3: No, No, I mean it, and I hate riding the fence or but I mean I feel like I'm going into the tunnel and there's a train coming at me When I say Herbert.
Speaker 4: I mean that's kind of what it feels like you've seen with a young stepher can do, especially if you're a Cowboys fan, you've seen with the young Steph.
Speaker 2: He's got a big arm. He can make some some throws he can throw off.
Speaker 3: Like he's lost as a young Stafford lost a lot of games.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 2: But that's also, like, let's be clear context, it's the same thing, like he's out. He was at a franchise that is notorious for losing a lot of games. So if you're going to give guilt, I mean, if you can give Herbert that kind of deference, you gotta do the same thing for him. Because Detroit, I mean he was in Detroit. It's Detroit, you know, I know I respect there the hustle right now.
Speaker 4: It's not Campbell.
Speaker 3: I wonder if de Troy had better receivers than what, but you know, Charger's got some good receivers.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like you kind of go down and listen. Megatron or a Keenan Allen, both of them are really really good.
Speaker 4: There is no.
Speaker 2: I mean Megatron's obviously Megatron is better than him's. Let's get it, But Keenan Allen is not a joke.
Speaker 4: He's a great receiver.
Speaker 2: He's a great receiver is a different level he is. All right, let's go to the next question. Defensive player for the RAMS that you should be most concerned about.
Speaker 4: If you're down, it's still ninety nine.
Speaker 2: It's still ninety nine, he says. That's easy.
Speaker 4: It doesn't acquire an explanation. It's ninety nine. You look at his resume, you look at the fact he's still playing at a high level. He's still the heartbeat and the centerpiece of that defense. And if you don't account for him and where they will move him around to try to get him freed up, then you're in for a very long day as an offensive line. So I'm not there's no need for me to overthink it. It's Aaron Donald period.
Speaker 8: Same totally agreeing. He's been a guy that when he came into the league and I started working here Henry Schroka, which works in the scouting department with play long time, Yeah, still here, he had mentioned him and just like how nasty of a player he is, and that still carries till this day. He's still that type of player. So definitely a guy to be very very aware of. I mean, he will make his presence known for sure.
Speaker 3: Give me Witherspoon the corner from the Rams, and I'll tell you this, just because when they throw the ball his direction, he doesn't give up it many plays. So if you're all of a sudden it turns into Dax Reid, is okay, it's going to go at Witherspoon here, it's a it's a fifty to fifty play, maybe it's a third down. Maybe it's to keep the drive going, think challenging him. They're absolutely right about about the defensive tackle. There's no question. But if you look at it, just another player to keep an eye on. Is Witherspoon the corner. He's going to play on your right side there. If I'm the Cowboys, I think I kind of stay away from him if I can.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna I need to lay this question out for you guys, So pay attention to this. We know we know about this about I know, right Dallas. We know Dallas leads an in pressure rate, right, and lead the NFL with forty five point nine percent of the time they get pressure on dropbacks. Now here's the interesting part. Stafford has been under pressure forty two point six percent of the time that he's dropped back this season. That's the fifth highest in the NFL. So Cowboys pressure a lot, he gets pressured a lot so far. Here's how he's performed. Right now. Stafford is ranked number one in the NFL in yards and quarterback rating. When he's pressured. He is twenty seventh and eleventh in those same categories when he's not pressured. Question for you guys, is does this passing attack now in the gate? What has been the strength for this Dallas defense which.
Speaker 7: Is pressure that Time's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: It does, but it's an interesting When I saw the stat I was like, wow, So you got a team that likes the pressure and they're really good at it, but you got a quarterback that thrives under pressure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think for me, it's about going back to a couple episodes ago. I said it's time to get home, like this is where you need to get home. Because while that it's very impressive and it's kind of an oddity, right, Yeah, he can't throw the ball from the ground, all right, So and kind of going to putting the reporter hat back on really quickly. Rob Hevenstein starting right tackle. He mispracticed with a calf injury that popped up this week. So we're talking about Tyron Smith with the next anger and limited. Well, they have an issue on the right side, and that's the Marcus Lawrence's side for the most part when they're not moving tank opposite sides. But that's something that the Cowboys can use, not only as far as pressure is concerned, but maybe they can take such advantage of that situation that it helps them get home and put hands on him. So I mean kudos to Matthew Stafford because that is ridiculous to be able to thrive under pressure like that. But at the same time, that means that those teams that are pressuring him aren't getting home as often as they need to. And this is something that the Cowboys have kind of struggled with, not the pressure aspect, but the getting sacks and getting home. And I just think this is a game where they need to. I think it's set up for them to do that, particularly with their speed off of the defensive line versus that lack thereof and Matthew Stafford move a pocket guy, just get home, put him on the ground. You can't throw the ball with his back on the grass.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that's a pretty crazy question, because what else are you supposed to do other than try to pressure and.
Speaker 2: Get I'm not saying they don't, I'm saying, does it negate what they do well? Like, is this the antidote to what the Cowboys do well? Act you have a quarterback that does well against pressure.
Speaker 8: You keep going at it because the only way and again going back to Brian scouting report, the whole thing of how much he's not a runner. He's not the type of quarterback that can escape, get out the pocket, run for his life, throw the ball. So and that leads to certain times where you can make him and create an interception, like get your hands on the ball. And we've mentioned their own bland. Maybe this is a game where he gets that third interception. But that's the only way that you can try to create those turnovers, try to get a sack, or try to throw him off the game. We know he's not gonna take off running his injury history and all that.
Speaker 7: So I just don't.
Speaker 8: See any other way than just keep going at it and hopefully it works out this time for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Advantage, Give me pressure, give me give me coverage over pressure in this one. Give me some coverage here. I need to not let these guys run wide open. And sometimes they go hand in hand. If you're able to cover, you get the pressure that leads to your sacks.
Speaker 4: Coverage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So to me, I just don't want to see them create a lot of separation. I don't want to see them scheme Dallas into double moves and picks where guys are running scott free. All of a sudden, you do get the pressure, and now all of a sudden you're playing man coverage and they've run the measure routes across and to to out. Well, it's running wide open down the field. So I think if you said, if I could have one or the other in this game, just give me as much coverage as I can so, you know, make him have to make Matthew Stafford have to work in this game. And hopefully if you get the coverage, the pressure gets there that leads to the.
Speaker 2: Sacks drop seven four rush. I'm trying to you can get set enough rush to where the coverage will slow him down and then the pass rush gets I.
Speaker 3: Do worry about because the numbers don't lie there with this guy. They really really don't. But you do need to find a way to get him on the ground or to hit him a bunch in this in this game.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna take our final break. We'll come back. Amber's got a game. Stallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 5: Five G requires compatable plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 12: Don't put off getting your oil change, Dallas. Take five oil change, a proud partner of the Cowboys. Is faster than you think. There's no appointment needed and no waiting room. Yep, you hurt that correctly. Take five is so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take five's fast, friendly and simple service at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors, combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 2: Back to the Break.
Speaker 3: Make a statement this football season with the new Nike Volt Collection, a old collection with Neon accents that will make you stand out like the Star you are. Head to the pro shop near you or log onto Shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com. A fanatics experience.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, final segment of the break. Left next WBC Mortgage Studios at the Star Amber take it away.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: This is welcome very much.
Speaker 8: This is my favorite time of the week. All right, we're gonna play him and this one did pretty well last time. A lot of people liked it and it's basically captioned this with a lot of memes. Sorry for the people that are just listening.
Speaker 2: Well version pull up the video.
Speaker 8: But yes, if you all can go back and pull up the video. So we're gonna start off with the first meme, it's a dog. It looks like a chia with the eyes wide open, looking a little.
Speaker 7: Stunt, So who wants to start off?
Speaker 4: For me, that was after enjoying yes Wednesday's injury report, seeing Tyron Poplin injury. That was me looking at the injury report yesterday. Yeah, yeah, for.
Speaker 2: Me, that was You know, Mike has been talking all season about Defensive Player of the Year and playing all that stuff. That was him last we can't sitting on his couch, couch watching Miles Garrett play, just like, oh, yes, I don't know this whole defense Player of Year. Things gonna work out.
Speaker 3: That's me after I realize that there's no more bye weeks in the season, so and I have to work all these games straight. So that's the attitude. That's the kind of a look I have, like really faces knowing that, yeah, that's how many weeks we have to work straight?
Speaker 8: Yeah right right, all right, and you guys can voe send us.
Speaker 7: Do we still have the text?
Speaker 2: Yes, we still have the text or whatever?
Speaker 3: Oh the number?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the number is twitterine zero three two nine eight, yeah eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 8: Let us know who has the best caption, all right. Second one, we have a guy who's kind of lost in a trans thought.
Speaker 4: It looks like he's contemplating, and for me, that's after seeing the Cowboys finally get Brandon Cooks involved against the Chargers. It's me thinking, hmm, might have they figured that out? So yeah, that's that's me with Cook's integration into the offense.
Speaker 3: This is the Rams trying to figure out who their field goal kicker is going to be this way after they let my Heart go, after they said Brett, they saw Brett Maher, They're like, oh, we trust him, and then he misses all these extra points and field goals. That's the Rams trying to decide how they're gonna how they're gonna see.
Speaker 2: I can't tell if the person is just lost in thought and you're just kind of like I have no idea, or if they're sitting there and really has like this great scheme, great plan. So it reminds me of Jerry at the trade deadline, like I just don't know what this is gonna become. I got some ideas, but maybe not like I have no idea, But this is what it's like to be Jerry at the end. Of that trade deadline.
Speaker 3: That might be Mike McCarthy too about the running game right there too.
Speaker 8: Damn all right, let me actually have these back to back. But I am not accepting. Derek che demanded during the break.
Speaker 2: But you don't demand anything.
Speaker 3: You have a game. You have a game that Dirk wants to take the game.
Speaker 8: He lost a need requests this after a sight. All right, next one up. We have a little monkey just looking at a phone and then he's like, oh my god, put his head down.
Speaker 2: This one came to me quick. Y'all know Tad our guy, our PR guy. He's ahead of PR boys. This is this is Tad looking at Micah's podcast every week like, oh God, how am I going to handle this?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What am I going to do?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: How do I? How do I handle this?
Speaker 3: He's doing pretty well with this podcast, he is.
Speaker 2: It's a fun before PR guy. I'm sure this is like not very o.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing Mike.
Speaker 4: I think that that was me in the press box against the Chargers. Seen well in the past couple of games. I'll say, seeing the offense mostly forget about Jake Ferguson at least kind of get Jake going, and then like getting away from him. So yeah, that's me seeing Jake Ferguson open more often than not and then not get targeted. And then that's me looking down.
Speaker 3: Like look look for Fergie, look for That's the feeling I have right there when I talk. I do Twitter every morning, when I answer questions of fans.
Speaker 4: Oh I like that.
Speaker 3: That is that is me reading and then trying to figure out, Okay, how am I going to answer this one?
Speaker 2: I exactly ice cream, I'll give you an honorable mention. That's me when Patrick or Brian finds a hast time and find somebody on Twitter that they're going to go in on. I'm like, oh god, no, don't do it. Don't do it, and it's like, oh they did it. They said it. Oh gosh, here we go.
Speaker 7: They don't hold back.
Speaker 4: No, actually I do, right, you know that's the crazy you actually hold back.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 8: Got you had a rooster or chicken. I'm it's as that is just running really really fast, has.
Speaker 7: Got to go by.
Speaker 4: That was me getting the hell out of Santa Clairez quickly. Couldn't get out of there fast.
Speaker 2: That that's Jerry. Every time Michael comes up to his office and let's talk about my contract. I'm out gotta go by that.
Speaker 3: To me, is it looks like something that maybe when I think about trying to get Turp and more involved in the offense. That's the vision I have right there, something kind of quick, explosive. Is he running down the field for he's waving around hot you know, high stepping along the way. Yeah, that's that's Turping getting involved in the offense right there.
Speaker 8: To me, all right, we got I forgot what uh this kid did in the actual video.
Speaker 7: But is the kid? Is that the Charlie bit me?
Speaker 8: I think Charlie, remember he's screaming, So what would this be for you?
Speaker 3: Brian? I think that was That was me at the end of the Arizona game when I was just like I knew that something bad was gonna happen and I just had to just let it all out at the end. I think when I went right into our our postgame show right before we went on there, that's exactly what I did. I just yelled, you know, and it started with a word with F basically is what I did. So, yeah, that's been Yeah, I let it out.
Speaker 4: I want to say. That's me during the bye week because while I am very appreciative of a four and two start having overcome adversity, you look at the Lions lose, and then you look at the forty nine ers lose a second straight, and now I'm looking at that four and two could have been better. So yeah, so that's me knowing that that four and two could have been five and one, and it really would have been a valuable five and one based on those two other top NFC teams falling last week. So yeah, that one hurt for me.
Speaker 2: That right there, that's Dax's in herself looking at the national media. He might not show you on the outside, but inside he's screaming alone.
Speaker 7: All right, we got.
Speaker 2: Just not a principle you're not going to the somehow showing them all around like I'm not going out the car.
Speaker 7: The cars once again felt that way. I'm like, no, I'm not pleasing Derek. Okay, we got we got the squirrel who was like pretty surprised in shock.
Speaker 3: That was how bad they played against San Francisco. That's how that's like holding the stomach like, oh it was like the big gut punch.
Speaker 2: Or they played against Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah, either way, that was I did not see the San Francisco game going that badly. And that's that's exactly how that would you know, just that gut punch.
Speaker 4: I'm actually going to go to the Lions on this one. I mean not not one week after we gave the Lions justifiable kudos for playing well. I mean, they've been hot, like one of the hottest teams in the in the NFL, and they just got absolutely molly walked. Right. It wasn't even a competition. It was exactly what happened to the Cowboys in the San Francisco game. So that was quite literally me watching Lions game like whoa, that might.
Speaker 3: Be the whole NFL right there. What we're seeing every week though, like different games like whoa really thing? Yeah, strange lady, that's what we said.
Speaker 2: That to me is how the NFL is looking at Pooka and the cool Yeah, who the hell is this guy? And where did he come from?
Speaker 4: Why is his name so awesome?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: This was I'll say this, This was when I saw this. This was my little face. When the Cowboys got Brandon Cooks the ball and he got I was like.
Speaker 4: Really, Brandon Cooks has come to Dallas.
Speaker 8: Okay, we got the guy looking very confused, and he says, oh, no, baby, what is you doing?
Speaker 4: Because I remember those when that went viral. Oh no, Danny, what you're doing? That was me in Los Angeles when and I believe Michael is gonna have a bounce back, but when a guy is not, when he's struggling early to target him ten times over the course of that game often, and you looked at me in the press box every once in a while you saw that was on my face. And by the time they got to like the fifth target, I was just like, oh, no, baby, what did you do? Fee Cooks and Lamb and get these Jake for example, like this was not Gallup's game, so stop forcing it on him. Go with what the defense is giving you.
Speaker 2: This is for me. This is the Cowboys looking at the schedule makers looking at their December schedule, like what is you doing? Like, how do we match up with all these teams one after the other for the entirety of December and January.
Speaker 3: That's me like realizing I'm having to buy Ranger gear now every week because I'm covering these World Series games. It's like, what am I?
Speaker 2: They're not giving you that stuff?
Speaker 3: No, heck, come on, man, man, we get no free gear at it.
Speaker 2: Wow. So this is every y'all official station.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I don't get any cowboy gear.
Speaker 2: I got you know what you need, I got me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's every week I'm having to buy more and more Ranger gear and I'm not I'm like, oh what am I doing? But I'm happy there where they are today and I like that. Thank you, appreciate, thank you, appreciate old school logo.
Speaker 8: Here very exciting times for sports in the f W area. All right, we got this one. Just a collective group of office workers just clapping and saying, great work, well done, good job, terrific.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Rangers, that to me reminds me of the Cowboys organization. Looking at the Rangers right now, because they all have that kind of look like awesome, You're awesome and thinking to like, as you're said, I am a little bit envy. It's like, I know, I know it has to like. I think the Cowboys a fully in support. The Rangers don't get you, but there's something about your neighbor when they get something good happen to him, you're kind of like, Okay, when's my time gonna come. I'm kind of ready for this, you know.
Speaker 3: So I think that's Derek going into a meeting when they when he gets the numbers about all his shows, and he's like and everybody's like, oh, great job, very good job, doing a great job there. Keep it going, keep it rolling.
Speaker 2: Until those numbers aren't great, and then it's like and then they're all over there and.
Speaker 3: Meet it, and then you're the gut punch squirrel right right right exactly.
Speaker 4: For me, that is that is one hundred percent me watching Amari Cooper in Cleveland. It's just like he's going over and it's.
Speaker 8: Just like, ounce, all right, we got two more. Uh, this one is the little baby. Yeah, but the smirk, a little smile.
Speaker 4: That's me watching Dak Prescott. You his legs to make things difficult on the defense. Finally it's here and hopefully it stays here. But watching him take off of that eighteen yard touchdown and then an eleven yard or and then extend to play to get that ball to Tony Pollard for the sixty yard play, Yes, that was me the whole time, because you and I and and Brian and that we a lot of us have been like, let him run, Let him run and he started running.
Speaker 2: That was like, there it is, all right, let me make this easy for you.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, stolid cheater's.
Speaker 2: Outer Dax's outer. Sell. That ain't gonna show you what he's thinking, but inside that's probably what he's thinking.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie. That could probably as well, especially on Twitter, like with the Twitter mentioned that that's definitely me. Well, I'm just like, man, I'm really trying not to get fired, right, that's me on me replying. But the ones I deleted before I send, right, is that that one?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you always delete before you get that right.
Speaker 3: That's when I hit the game right on prediction that got to the score, got the game right and the score close. That's me right there.
Speaker 2: Proud Brian, Proud Brian. We never popped out, Brian time. You haven't been proud in a minute.
Speaker 8: All right. This other one, it's very similar. I should not even have included this one. That was easy for me, but this is not one I thought. It's like like a little smirk too with a smile.
Speaker 2: You know that is that's Brandon Aubrey looking at Cowboys break.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We buried him. We buried him before the season. Yeah, like we.
Speaker 7: Were like we had a front fair judgment.
Speaker 2: But he's right now looking at us, like, yeah, what you think about me now?
Speaker 4: Nine confidence? And that's what I'm thinking right now, like ball out yong man. That's me to any and everyone, and not just right now. It's been this way for a few weeks now. That's also me looking at Big Nate. I know you're listening, Big Nate. Anybody putting Jalen Hurts in the MVP conversation, that's why you always learn, like that's what that mean me? It's like, no, I don't know. You can't justify it to me.
Speaker 2: So he still is in the he is he is on the best team statistically that the wins and losses, the best team in the NFL, them and the Chiefs. He's in the conversation. I'm not saying he wins, he's he's in the conversation. There's no way he's not in the conversation.
Speaker 4: And again, I don't believe he's in the conversation. I'm just a j Brown is in the conversation.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, but but you also know you also know how quarterbacks are like quarterbacks, he's in a conversation. That's what he's in the conversation. But go ahead, sorry, we digress.
Speaker 3: That's also did ah. That's right there. He's smiling. He knows he's playing well.
Speaker 2: He is and he doesn't get the love that everybody else does, but he knows he has to know he's well, he's doing his thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's all right, that's it for the game.
Speaker 2: That wasn't too bad. Good job.
Speaker 4: Make sure he got his off before you. He was like, you know you're not getting away from him.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get some picks. What do you guys? Thinks it happens again?
Speaker 4: I got Cowboys taking this one thirty to fourteen. I think they do get home on Matthew Stafford, especially with the issues at right tackle going to be a challenge stopping those wide receivers. But you take down Matthew Stafford, you delete the wide receivers altogether.
Speaker 3: Dallas twenty eight to twenty. I think it's going to be a little bit maybe a closer game. Score could be closer, but I think Dallas is probably a seven point better than the Rams.
Speaker 8: Okay, ask you speak, so you create the Dallas Cowboys will when this game, they will get in pressure all day long the quarterback, and I can see this a game where they finally start getting stacking up sacks once again and getting a couple of turnovers, and I like that. Yeah, I would think thirty two twenty four.
Speaker 2: I actually think this is going to be a get right game for the Cowboys offense. And what I mean by that is, I think they're going to score as many points as they've scored all season offensively, Like they've had some big points, but a lot of those came from defense, special teams. I think this week is the week that Dak gets going, they get Brandon Cooks involved, they really start the passing game moving. I think it's a close game, but a high scoring game. Thirty four to thirty one, Dallas one.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't do that to my heart.
Speaker 2: This will be a fun game. I think it's gonna be a lot of explosive plays on both sides. I think it's gonna be a fun game to watch if you have no vested interest, But if you're a Cowboys fan, it's gonna be one of those games death printing too. Yeah, because it's gonna go back and forth. There will be moments when the Cowboys will not be winning this game, so I think it will be a fun game. Appreciate you guys. Appreciate you guys. Joint us. We'll be back money. We'll let you know what went right and wrong to then for Patrick Walker, Brian brought us Amber Garcia. I'm Derek Eilton. This has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.