Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of trend Onto your Butts. That I nailed the Samuel Jack the leader cigarette on your butt everyone. I think that role should have been played by the guy from the B fifty two trend On to your butt, trend onto your butts. There it is sometimes because I can't do impersonations, I just like do a bad one and then wait for Miles to do good. Correct. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: I hate this hacker crap.
Speaker 1: Uh if you current do that on television.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Truly turn not current Curno on the discord saying sorry, you gotta try resubmitting this one more time, just because Jack keeps saying that classic Jurassic Part quote. Can't stop, won't stop. It's a problem that I'm working on. Oh yeah, with therapist. I'm Jack that Miles hold onto your butts, and.
Speaker 3: This is hold on. This is something that is trending. This is something that's holding on to your butts. Oh no, oh boy, oh boy, Jack, we were doing such good work. Yeah, hold on to your butts or your bands.
Speaker 2: Uh in Florida bands will.
Speaker 3: Make there there's a reparations band. Okay, look, this is this is a bunch of nonsense. There's a state senator there who previously tried to like outlaw giving water to people that are like in line to vote. You also filed a bill in February called the Ultimate Cancel Act.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that. We talked about that that was going to cancel.
Speaker 3: To eliminate the Democratic Party because they included slavery as part of its platform. And you're like, wait, what, okay, nice, try anyway. So what happened is here this Senator Blaze in Goglia wants to end the debate over whether reparations should be paid to descendants of slaves, so basically saying like, we're going to outlawed in the state constitution. And this basically would be a like be a resolution that would be on the twenty twenty fourth ballot where people could approve a constitutional amendment quote prohibiting any government in Florida from paying reparations to certain individuals.
Speaker 2: It's so fucked up, this is so bad.
Speaker 3: And then it goes on to say those individuals include anyone with an ancestor who was quote an enslaved individual who has who lived in the United States before December sixth, eighteen sixty five.
Speaker 2: So yeah, trying to get out ahead of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Boglia from individuals, freeze that, like at the current level of popularity, because it feels like maybe it might be more popular in the future.
Speaker 2: Is that probably?
Speaker 3: I mean, as more people are like even being like, yeah, what about land what about the land back movement? What about there's a lot of you know, look, not a lot of people can deal with their you know, settler colonial history in a constructive way.
Speaker 2: So look, this is a way to just ban it completely. Just put in the constitution. A'm gonna fucking talk about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sorry, Certain individuals inhabited this land for millennia before the Europeans arrived.
Speaker 1: But certain individuals who shall not be named.
Speaker 3: That is such a wild I don't even is it a euph and what is the point of that.
Speaker 1: Legal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Smooth it over, just nice and smooth. Taylor Swift is trending, just perpetually. It's always true. Yeah, but right now she's trending because a priest is warning her yep about her love of demons. Yeah, that's not the vibe I get from her.
Speaker 3: Trend onto your butts, y'all, because when I played the powerful words of this priest. Yeah, hold on your bus, hold bus, holding your butts you you will probably Rea think you know your love of Taylor Swift or the Eras Tour, any of that.
Speaker 1: Where are we coming from? Where's this priest coming from? Is this in Brazil?
Speaker 2: I know she had Oh no, no, there is.
Speaker 3: This priest is coming straight out of the United States of America. Good old fashioned Catholic, fucking demonic fear mongering.
Speaker 2: Myles.
Speaker 1: I know you're being a little tongue in cheek on this one, but if you've got a problem with this guy, why don't you go ask his boss?
Speaker 3: The po.
Speaker 4: Incredibly talented and influential artist, and so the demons will take deep note of what she's doing and how she's doing it and who she's influencing. And so when they imitate these rituals with these orbs and these black capes, that looks like something you'd find in the woods and the woods, her intent was not to practice any witchcraft.
Speaker 3: So this is where it like, he goes on and I'm like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Three question Mark producer Brian on looks like something you would find in the woods.
Speaker 2: Okay, is this guy preest?
Speaker 3: He looks like a roadie who got kicked off a warped towards He is a red face.
Speaker 1: He's got that face like the head of a person who has not has not had woken up without a hangover in the past like forty years, just like puffy ass head and clearly very into Taylor Swift. Oh he's like she like the fact that he had to do the a side where he was like very talented, like very Oh my God, like amazing. I love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't. You can't attack Taylor and then get your Jesus message through. And also like its like it's actually irrelevant to the demons. They're actually gonna take note but for influence. And I'm like, where exactly are the bylaws of like demonic practices?
Speaker 1: And we're just hanging out in the waiting room from Beetlejuice just like yeah, taking notes, just having a chat with the demons. Uh, they actually don't care about that.
Speaker 2: I just talked to them, right.
Speaker 3: Is there something in the Bible that's like and Jesus told to hold his disciples beware of those who practice demonic rituals and wearing black capes that look like something out of the woods.
Speaker 1: Out of the Woods is the best part. So because it's like I thought he was gonna say, like out of a you know, like one of like any wine shut like sex party or like black mass or something from the Bible.
Speaker 2: Maybe he did that shit all.
Speaker 1: The way back to like the fucking puritanical days where everyone was just like, don't go in the woods where there be witches there. Yeah, Like something out of the Woods is so funny.
Speaker 3: I mean it also just sounds like to like eighty satanic panic where it's yeah, and kids are doing they're just fucking fucking around in the woods with their demonic shit. It's like that's what it's a reference to, Like kids doing stuff in the woods.
Speaker 1: Looks like something out of the Woods also sugges yes that like this is what you find in the woods, like everywhere, Like the second you just go to the woods, you are going to find people in black cloaks doing black magic.
Speaker 2: Yes you will, Yes you will.
Speaker 1: Sorry have you been to the woods, because it seems like you're a city slicker and you're not spending a lot of times walking through the woods, which I also do not do because I do not want to be tempted by Satan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just walking through.
Speaker 3: Hey, kids, I know your intent is to not summon the demons, but just so you know, it's it's irrelevant to the demons.
Speaker 1: They're here and they're paying attention. You have their attention. They're looking at you, and they're jacking off. I'm sorry, that's that's not me. I'm not talking about when I watched the tailor, the Taylor Swift concert film. She's so talented.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyways, they that's that's this week in Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: We need to check it with the Catholic church more often. And this ship is amazing.
Speaker 3: Dude, It's so I mean, if you want to, it's constantly like I look, I do occasionally like see what's happening in the church. It's like every fucking week there's some you know, person of the cloth, clergy person who's like going to jail for some kind of sex abuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, never mind, scratch that idea. We should not be checking away.
Speaker 3: I mean, just to reinforce the idea of like, you know, are these really the people we need to be taking our fucking you know, cues from about morality.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 1: On the one hand, that institution seems really fucked up based on journalism and news reports. On the other the way he talks, it seems like he has a close personal relationship with the demons. With the demons with said demo, uh, maybe maybe we should just kind of keep our enemies close, you know what I'm saying? Absolutely all right, Dorito's has created a Derido silencer, which I was hoping was going to be like a large conical like something between a blowtube and like a handgun silencer. But it's just a piece of software that removes the sound of chewing from voice chats zoom.
Speaker 2: Or it should be a little tiny bucket.
Speaker 3: You put it on your mouth like this, and it has a Dorito sized like slot that you can slide your chip into.
Speaker 1: Right, But then it just makes a little chund like a.
Speaker 3: H I mean, I guess really it's it's all like reverberating through your jaws and stuff too. So I feel like you'd have to wear some kind of like bane like lower half yeah mask to act.
Speaker 1: Hannibal yeah, but like a puffier hannibal lector mask.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So those are our notes for yous, And honestly, the demons don't care if it what it like, if it's a piece of software or a cool hannibal lector mask, So you might as well go with the cool ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then the whole thing is to appeal to because they're like, don't you hate it when you're playing online and someone just crunching in your ear?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I don't know. We we invented something like this for us, For me in particular, I guess superroducer Justin's super producer Brian created a eating wet spaghetti filter because I am constantly just slopping up some wet spaghetti, just noodles whipping around my mouth as I suck suck them in.
Speaker 3: It is odd how you also want to thrash your heads. Yeah, like you're back and forth like all right, Brian says no, but actually the apples. I do eat a lot of apples. I do apologize to Brian. I'm like a fucking horse over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I need I need me apples to give me a little treat to get through.
Speaker 2: You've been good. Here's an apple and.
Speaker 1: Here's an apple jack. All right, let's take a quick break. I'll come back and talk about some other news stories. We'll be right back and we're back. And Plex is something I've been hearing about from you in particular, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So Plex is an app that allows you to stream content licensed by Plex, but also to uh consolidate videos from computers and servers. Uh and like the stream that you owned that you owned, that you it has to be videos that you that you you've like bought a copy of and you can't share those then with other people.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like one of those things where you can be you know, like they're The legal use of it is you own these files, these video files, music files, whatever, and you're streaming them like to other devices you own, like in your household. The work gets tricky is if you are then opening up that server for other people to enjoy. And then it gets murky because I know you're asking you like, how is this legal? It's like, yeah, it's legal because right now the premise is that it has a very legal use, which is for your own things. And then it can be you can expand maybe the definition of your household to include other people who might have access to your search, and.
Speaker 1: That presupposes exactly maybe everybody's in your family. Maybe we're all just one big human family.
Speaker 2: Exactly under God, under God.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That would not help you in court.
Speaker 1: You know. Plex is doing the thing that all media companies seem to like. They they've felt the call, they felt the pool to be, like, well, like what if we were like the everything company? What about like social what if we're yeah, what if we were like a social media company? Like what if we so like, this is the this is the movie you do before banking. I guess like this is that they'll be offering to open savings accounts pretty soon. But right now they're like, all right, we think you should be We think we should be a social media market via this new service called Discovered Together, which allows users to create profiles and find and follow friends in order to discover new shows or movies to watch. M sounds innocent, Yeah, I mean I mean, because like this would have been a good idea if they had come up with it five years before Letterbox exists. Sure, and then they could like get to the idea of Letterbox, which again already exists. But so they explained, it was to like lay the groundwork for Plex to become more than just a streaming hub. Wants to become a streaming community as well. We're not just a company for a family.
Speaker 3: Okay, streaming community is what this is. Yeah, so now we will just tell people what you've been watching.
Speaker 1: Yes, So that didn't go super well.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Flex users got weekend review emails showing what they and their friends had just watched.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people were quote horrified at the quote invasive nature of the future because people were people were getting cali showing them how much softcore porn their friends were watching.
Speaker 2: It's on my server. What I didn't like. I don't even like on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Remember, people were like, like back and when Spotify was early and you could like actually listen to what people were listening to, and people were like putting me on blast for like listening to some weird pop music or whatever, and I was like, fuck you, I don't need you to like this is my ship, gets your fucking commentary on what I do of it for my own enjoyment.
Speaker 2: So I do that anymore on Spotify.
Speaker 1: I stopped using Spotify, so I can't like watch what you're listening.
Speaker 3: There's ways that you can make it like private. So no one says although and half the time I forget, but that's also because I go between Apple Music and Spotify. But anyway, yeah, like just this sort of thing is like, I, oh my god, I'd be I don't need people knowing how much fucking reality shows I'm watching on Plex let alone.
Speaker 2: If I'm watching Immanuel in.
Speaker 1: Space, is that a soft core porn dude?
Speaker 3: Emmanuel was like one of those weird like Euro based ones that would also come on.
Speaker 1: Skin X Red Shoe Diaries. Yeah. Yeah, but the person said, I can see that one of my friends is apparently watching a ton of cheesy soft core porn stuff. Soft porn stuff, think classic Skinemax. Fair. First of all, I don't appreciate the editorializing that it's cheesy. Yeah, go ahead, it's art from some server, It's not mine. Okay, methinks that doc por tests too much or Plex channel, And I am one hundred percent sure they would be mortified to know that I know this were there, like the people who come to the door when they order a Domino's pizza with their pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think you have an argument.
Speaker 3: If you're watching a lot of Red Shoe Diaries, you can be like, well, you.
Speaker 2: Think I was popping off to that.
Speaker 3: Man, I was fucking I was doing like a critical analysis. Why would I spend three days straight watching every episode not for my own gratification, because this is this is an analysis I was trying to do, and that would maybe seem like if you're like punctuating your thing with like a skin imax here and there. But also, like, the internet has a lot a lot more to offer if you're looking for titillating visuals some titleation.
Speaker 1: I'm just in it for the tita, like I do. I'm interested, Like, is like, can we get streaming numbers on soft core porn? Because like that's what uh, three hundred and sixty five days was was like soft core porn.
Speaker 3: Even a little harder than like so yeah, like.
Speaker 1: It was like yeah, yeah, yeah, it was firm core horn. It was yeah yeah from yeah yeah, but I don't know. So the problem was that the feature is opt out, so people cancel the service, but existing users were all signed up automatically and their behavior is being reported to their friends without their awareness, which is a true Internet nightmare.
Speaker 2: Oh my weekend reviews ready?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, uh oh, Brian, You're in trouble.
Speaker 1: Brian, looking at them some wild ship. I walked on something embarrassing on planks. I downloaded that uh Squid Game reality show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for getting ahead of it, Thank you for getting ahead of his ser.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to give Netflix the streams, so I just don't wait, were you looking? Are you looking at Brian's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because allegedly so, you know, sometimes I can see what my man is up to. But yeah, that was the first episode, and my god, it was Yeah, you've just been faithfully watching the Squid Game Show.
Speaker 1: It was bad and I watched the whole season. The Plex is like, guys, we warned people with emails.
Speaker 2: That's their defense.
Speaker 1: That's so wild, because don't ever assume that I've read your email, Like, never tell me something over email. Email stopped being a thing that you could like guarantee people saw like you you are in a sea of fucking bullshit and just like nonsense like in any email in.
Speaker 2: Me four, five, six, seven, eight.
Speaker 3: I have fifteen emails from Plex just in November that I didn't even open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like once you are a company that sends people emails that they that like, what if you have an open rate of like under fifty percent, Like you can get garanty. They have total blindness. They're just not looking at checking for your emails.
Speaker 2: So it's wild too.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the email that the again an unread email from PLEX, and the way it starts off, it's not almost being like, hey, y'all, your privacy might be at risk. It's just the subject is let's discover together, and then it tells you like what can we do? How it works? And then at the very bottom, before you get to like like the the endpoint of the email says, no, you're always in control. It's up to it's up to you which of your activities your friends can see on Plex. Read the blog here, Like it doesn't even tell you that you have to opt out. It's more like, hey, man, if you're trying to if you're worried about that, here go to this blog post.
Speaker 1: When you're opening your email with like let's discover together, and just like generic feel good shit like that, you might as well be like one of those label like we have this corn snack we like in my household called glove corn and the label has the words hey, just so you know, we're deliciously crunched corn love corn ps find love and the little thing Sultan and then like all the information on it. But that's the name of the product is like a sentence and a half. It's I'm just.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's like on every bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like all the bags these days, like all the like kind of feel goodie. This is totally natural, Like they want to have a conversation with you. Yeah, and it's just like I can't. I can't.
Speaker 3: Like even you like popcorn.
Speaker 1: It's actually like softer corn nuts. It's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: Oh I need that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you eat a fucking corn nut and like it'll send one of my like teeth into my skull because.
Speaker 1: It's so fucking hard. Yeah, it's not good. Yeah, these are these are fun and you can get a little salt and vinegi on there on that ass. Okay, anyways, plex he you know, maybe opt people out and then they can they can join if they want.
Speaker 3: But then we can't get the numbers about can't get the number the new feature, so we can up our evaluation. Don't you work in software, man, No one will fucking opt in top out.
Speaker 1: The valued like a social media company ten x, Like wait, if you make a dollar, your evaluation goes up by a billion dollars eing your social media company.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk you out tomorrow. Fight peace,