Speaker 1: We finally have our own guy. No de Burgh, no Bono, no Trent Green. I mean I can go down the list of quarterbacks that weren't ours, and now we have ours.
Speaker 2: You guys, Yeah, you guys run the least program, and it was good to finally buy one.
Speaker 1: Right, That's exactly right. We got a good and we got a good one.
Speaker 3: Turns out today we have a very special guest.
Speaker 2: He's an actor, he's a writer, Lifelong Chiefs fan, Eric stone Street.
Speaker 1: Sports got chess pump sports scot Chess pump.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go back in ninety four Montana versus LA, great game.
Speaker 1: First of all, love the era, love Joe Montana, love that team, and it was clastic Chiefs game.
Speaker 2: I feel like every celebrity that we have on it's a Goddamnian is everyone in that area just diehard chief.
Speaker 4: We have as much pride as Bostonians, a.
Speaker 2: Little nicer people though I agree, Yes you said it, Bostonian bro, we're called.
Speaker 1: I'm learning so much about what it was to be a Patriots span because they're just showing up every day doing their best, and they happen to be winning games just like you guys did. And I couldn't stand you guys for all the right reasons because I was jealous. You remind me of like how everybody talks about Travis Kelcey's. Like the thing is he always open Matt Belichick at the Corresponds dinner one time I was, Oh, good goode show. I've never met Tom. You want to hear a great story. I want to hear a great story.
Speaker 2: Games and Names a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome to Games and Names, presented by Win. And on today's episode, we are recording from the WIN Las Vegas, Yeah or interview, and we have a very special guest. I was gonna say, desk. There is a desk, a desk, a desk. Very special guests, Eric stone Street, and we go over the nineteen ninety four Chiefs versus Bronco, Montana versus l Way, the last time they went against.
Speaker 5: Each other when Monday Night Football was Monday Night football.
Speaker 2: Monday Night Football was Monday Night. But Bermerermerer, there we go. He's an actor, he's a writer, he's a host. He kills in a modern family. We go over all that Hollywood stuff. But you know what, he was a real big gamer. Like I was so impressed with how much he knows football and like the history of the game. He's like a historian, especially for the Chiefs, but he knew a lot of everything. The nose ball, lifelong Chiefs fan, Kansas State University Wildcat Wildcat, real deal guy.
Speaker 3: We get into his, uh, his awesome meeting with Tommy.
Speaker 5: Don't spoil it.
Speaker 2: He's got a great nickname for we had a great nickname, and I mean he kept referencing his box at Arrowhead. We'll get into that. Why it's so cool. Some really good memorabilia in there. Oh my god, some really good memorabilia. And then we wrapped the show by hating the old hotline bling.
Speaker 6: And just a little editor's note, we had a little technical difficulties in the studio, so if you're missing some camera angles, apologies.
Speaker 7: The interview's all there.
Speaker 6: It should be fine, but there's a little bit of technical stuff on that, so just bear with us.
Speaker 3: Come to interview.
Speaker 2: So if you guys got my ugly side, I don't want to hear anything about.
Speaker 3: It, all right.
Speaker 2: Make sure you check out games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, x, Snapchat, and TikTok at Games with Names. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts Spotify or wherever you listen to your podcast. We want to hear from you. Call in at four two four two nine one two two nine zero and leave a message.
Speaker 3: Getting better with that as you can hear.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 2: October seventeenth, nineteen ninety four, My Hime Stadium, Denver, Colorado.
Speaker 1: Marty Schottenheimer's Chiefs are winless in Mile High and down twenty eight to twenty four late in the fourth.
Speaker 2: Quarter, but with eight seconds left, Joe Montana drops back. He looks to his right. Hey, lets it rip.
Speaker 3: This is Montana versus a Way.
Speaker 2: Welcome to games with names presented by when. Today we are looking at a Montana versus Alway. Week seven, nineteen ninety four, Chiefs versus Broncos with Eric stone Street is.
Speaker 4: The compound word Julian stone Street. Just put them together, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, Eric, I got hit in the head a lot for a living.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but dude, you were so good at it. We were so good at getting hit and that you delivered a lot of hits with your body to others heads.
Speaker 2: I was a physical player here and there. But uh, it does mess with your your memory, does it? It really does? Yeah, So I got you know, I apologize on that.
Speaker 4: No apology.
Speaker 2: How are you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: Man. You enjoyed this week? We're here at Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, what do you got?
Speaker 2: Three? I got three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I've been to This will be the third I've been to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't go to the one against tom and Tampa and we lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was COVID.
Speaker 4: It was COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a long way to go and uh, but yeah, this is my third.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. Man, I can't believe. As a lifelong fan. You know, I'm watching my team, your team back in the day.
Speaker 2: For two years, for two years. For two years, it was a Joe Montana because of Joe Montana.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Great guy. Uh, you know you know that we're here.
Speaker 1: I mean, I waited forty nine years as a person to get to a Super Bowl, and now in the last five years i've been, we've been to four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been unbelievable. Now. I was super excited when we found out you were picking a nineteen ninety four game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of people always a lot of recency bias on what games to pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how come you pick this specific game?
Speaker 1: Well, I went back and forth between the first Super Bowl because it was such an emotional time for me. I mean I literally cried on the sidelines after we won, and it was very emotional. But the ninety four game I picked because it's a great game, first of all. Yeah, And I have such a vivid memory of the Willie Davis touchdown in the end zone moment at the Pike House fraternity at Kansas State University, like all of us hanging out in the office of the Pike House and watching that on the edge of our seats, and when that happened, I just it's it's it's a memory, you know, like.
Speaker 4: Just core right right in the head.
Speaker 1: And you know, love love the era, love Joe Montana, love that team.
Speaker 4: And it was a classic, classic Chiefs game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is this is a classic matchup Joe Verselway. I mean, nineteen ninety four, Joe is he does he still have it in his in the bank? Does he still got it? The Niners threw him, threw him away for Steve Young, And I used to love watching these old chief games and just seeing that little Montana magic that he'd always have. Yeah, like when he went back and he played the Niners and beat them.
Speaker 3: Was it was that Monday night.
Speaker 2: Football even I don't know if it was his first year or second year there, but I just remember he had a game winning drive.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think if he would have had one more year, I think we I mean Marty Schottenheimer, I think is a Hall of Fame coach, and I think he should be in the Hall of Fame someday. But I think if Joe would have had one more year in the tank, I think he would have gotten us there then. Yeah, instead of waiting until nineteen or twenty whenever. It was just was but yeah, you know, when he came to town, his wife was a broadcaster on the local news and our season tickets were right in the second row of the corner of the end zone, and Jennifer Montana used to do her hits for the news station right in my corner, and it looked like she was looking at me all the time, but she was just looking at the camera. But I was like, man, when Joe Montana come town, his wife couldn't take her eyes off of me. I was like, all right, baby, here we go. I got to tell him and her that at the AFC Championship when you guys beat us in Arrowhead.
Speaker 4: He was at the game.
Speaker 1: I was sitting with Commissioner Goodell, and Joe was in the suite and game drop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just, oh, hold on, let me I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, that's that's why I get to go to the super Bowl because he invited me.
Speaker 4: I've told the story a lot, but.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a good one and you should know about it because of how serious of a fan I am. He invited me to the super Bowl in like fifteen and I said, Commissioner, I'm not going to a super Bowl until my Chiefs are in it. And he said, all right, if you want to wait that long cut to I didn't go. Then we have the ASC Championship against you guys at Arrowhead. The phantom roughing, the passer call on Chris Jones, and the d Ford the d Forard off sides kept us from I don't I know.
Speaker 5: There's rules.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, we can play that both ways. With what the Chiefs have been doing.
Speaker 1: You gotta play outplay the officials. I'm not complaining. I'm not I'm not one of those people.
Speaker 3: I like that phrase.
Speaker 5: I hadn't heard that before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got out play the officials, bro, you got to you know, uh but that you know, I thought we were going that year. I really did you remember that game? And it's crazy, man, it was nuts. And he offered me a rain check and I said, well, I'll only bother you if the Chiefs were in the super Bowl. And now we're in the super Bowl all the time. So I'm wearing out my welcome with with Commissioner Goel for sure.
Speaker 2: Now where did this fandom? How how did this start? And and like I we just had I feel like every celebrity that we have on this God damn, this is our third in.
Speaker 5: The Chiefs mafiam. We got Rob, We did Rob, and.
Speaker 1: Then we got Eric now and then you gotta get your your gotta get Taylor.
Speaker 2: She's in now. I think you're married. Why wouldn't you?
Speaker 4: This is great? She's great.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: That the goal kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, talented kids, big blonde tight ends. Wait, that sounded like neo Nazi.
Speaker 2: Or something pretty much grown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a long tight.
Speaker 4: End question for you.
Speaker 6: There's got to be a couple like Johnny com Lately's or Homer or Phone uh posers in that like Chief celebrity fan group, like who's the one that knows ball the least?
Speaker 1: Oh, knows ball the least. I'm not going to say who knows ball the least that that reveals itself in interviews, but I'm not going to say who that is or who if there is somebody that the least I don't know, Hey, Jack, can we get all the interviews for started very simply a a at a mall in Kansas City outside of a jewelry store.
Speaker 8: J T.
Speaker 1: Smith Wide receiver and Joe Delaney, the late Joe Delaney were signing autographs and I nervously went up, like so many kids done to you, and said, mister Delaney, can I have your autograph? And I got it and I still have that card in my man cave. And that began my fandom. I mean, I loved the sport of football as soon as I knew what football was and could participate in it.
Speaker 4: Somehow I became a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: And what's so weird, and I know you experience, is I'm not just a fan of the Chiefs. I'm a fan of whoever puts that uniform on, right, like you have a fan in me somehow if you ever would have made it.
Speaker 4: I mean like I would have forgiven all the patriotears.
Speaker 1: And you're Chief now, man, and I'm all about you. So that's what happened with Joe Montana, and that was our that was our franchise for so long, which is what makes Patrick mahomes such a blessing as we finally have our own guy. No de Burgh, no Bono, no rich and in no Trent Green. I mean, I can go down the list of quarterbacks that weren't ours, and now we have ours.
Speaker 2: You guys, Yeah, you guys run the least program. And it was good to finally buy one.
Speaker 1: Right, That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: We got a good and we got a good one. Turns out pretty good.
Speaker 2: I always tell every chief in my favorite win was that AFC championship. And the only reason it's out of respect, well it's out of respect because I remember, you know, I was telling this the same story to rob An Heidi Monday Night Football twenty fourteen, pumped up going to play Chiefs. They kicked our fucking teeth in Oh man, you remember that, Yeah, I remember it, you know, And that that is legitimately one of the loudest outdoor stadiums, electric environment. Now, like everyone is it like a college? Like what do you guys say? You guys have the royals and the chiefs. Like is everyone in that area just die hard chief?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean you come to Kansas City.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's we have as much pride as Bostonians and Philadelphians and you know it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's so nicer people though.
Speaker 1: You know what, let me tell you my I agree. Yes, you said it first. When we just played the Eagles this year at Arrowhead, I found two guys on their way to our suite and they're standing over there.
Speaker 4: And their Eagles stuff.
Speaker 1: And I walk up to them and I go, hey, has anybody told you to go fund yourself yet? And the guy's like no, do you want to be the first? And I'm like no, I want to say welcome to Kansas City and treat you unlike your fans treated me at the Super Bowl last year. So welcome to Kansas City.
Speaker 8: I hope you have a great time, and I hope you.
Speaker 1: Leave this game uninjured and and as a loser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should have seen him.
Speaker 4: Tell you where you want to go? Tell me to fund myself welcome.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, well are.
Speaker 6: You starting to feel the heat now that like the Chiefs have become like the team in the air.
Speaker 4: I love the villain era thing.
Speaker 1: I'm where I you know, I usually dressed in all chief ship and for the game tomorrow. I like that you cussed. Now I'm just fucking going for it. It's like, all right, I didn't know for sure, but yeah, I'm more like, I'm never worn black to like a Chief event. So I got a black jacket with the Chief's emblem and I'm like, I'm Johnny Cash now I'm in our We're in our villain aia.
Speaker 2: That's when you know your your organization is becoming a premier organization. When you start getting fashiony, you don't have to wear the all red. You start getting this new.
Speaker 1: Cool looking mistake minds like Tommy Bahammad, it's still like adult contemporary, old guy stuff.
Speaker 4: It's not It's not these fucking pants over here.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you know, got to keep that gen z look around you.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm and here's the other thing I'm learning. I'm learning so much about what it was to be a Patriots fan during your run because we're just winning. I mean, it's it's we're not They're just showing up every day doing their best, and they happen to be winning games just like you guys did. And you know, I couldn't stand you guys for all the right reasons because I was jealous. I mean I respected you and admired you, and respected the fan base and everything. I've never met Tom. You want to hear a great story.
Speaker 6: Tom is right like fifty feet from us right now.
Speaker 1: Well, shut up, Okay, So super Bowl?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I never assume anyone knows who I am or what I do for a living. I meet people and introduce myself and they'll go, I know who you are. I'm like, well, I don't know for sure, you know who I am.
Speaker 4: So my name's Eric.
Speaker 1: So at the Super Bowl Brett Veach, general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs. We're in the super Bowl, okay in Miami. He texts me. He's like, Bro, where are I was headed to the team hotel. He goes, bro, where are you? And I'm like, I'm like, twenty minutes out.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: He's like, Tom Brady's here Like a kid.
Speaker 1: He's texting me Tom Brady's at the pool, and I'm like, Tom Brady, it's a lookalike. He's not at the pool. Why would he be at the hotel The Chiefs are at in a super Bowl that he's not in. He goes, they got an amazing water park here, he said, he's here with his kids.
Speaker 4: You gotta get here. We got to go meet him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't want to meet Tom Brady right now. Now's not the time for me to meet Tom Brady. Like I want to meet Tom Brady. Different, stand right out there so like that.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, I need I need you. I'm like, you're the general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs. You go meet.
Speaker 5: He doesn't.
Speaker 1: He's like he doesn't give a shit about who I am. So I get to the hotel, he rushes me over, and Tom, sure enough, is out on the water by the water slide, sitting back in a recliner chair like this and round security around him exactly how I want to see Tom Brady for the first time.
Speaker 2: Sunglasses, sunglasses, no shirt, no shirt, Great fucking Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: And so here we are at breadths, like, all right, all right, you go first, you go first. I'm like, Bro, this is not I'm not going up to Tom Brady right now.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, no, So.
Speaker 1: Beach the general manager, arguably the greatest general manager right now in the NFL, He's like you go. So he's like Tom Tom Eric Stow Street Modern Family, and I'm like, you have.
Speaker 2: Got to be kidding me.
Speaker 4: This is so humiliating.
Speaker 1: There's nothing worse than trying to get someone's attention with what you do for a living, and so surrounded by security, they kind of let us get close, and Bret's like a general managers, cancery chiefs, Eric Stone Street, Modern Family.
Speaker 4: So we kind of approached Tom.
Speaker 1: Literally, Tom's on his recliners, the best fucking thing ever. I love it, and I respected him so much more. He's reclined like this. He literally raises his shoulders two degrees off the back and he goes, hey, nice to meet you, and he just puts his shoulders back.
Speaker 4: And that was our meeting with Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Veach, I will never in my life forgive you for embarrassing me like that.
Speaker 4: So now we call Tom Brady two degrees Brady because he literally.
Speaker 2: Brady because he was.
Speaker 1: Like, nice to meet you. And then just back down.
Speaker 4: On his recliner.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, how dare you embarrass me like that? To the one the greatest anyway, So if you ever see Tom, tell him.
Speaker 4: I mean he was. He was so unbothered he could lift his shoulders two degrees off.
Speaker 5: They a gentleman always raised two degrees to me.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna assume he watches like.
Speaker 1: I don't need people that are the greatest at what they do to know what I do. Like when I would go to the greatest at what they do, what, yeah, no argument, no argument? You said it at the time. I guess time we're coming to Patrick's coming. Anyway, when I'd go to the White House correspondent dinner and these generals would come up to me with all these ship these things on their chest and then be like, have no idea.
Speaker 5: Who you are?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't want you to know who I am. I want you to make sure we're safe, don't I don't want you watching TV. Bill Snyder, who was just up on the Bill Snyder coach at k State when he first legend when he first met me, he didn't know what I don't like coach, I don't I don't want you know what I do. I want you winning k State football games. I don't care anyway. I met Belichick at the correspondents dinner one time. He loved it. He's a big, big fan. He's a funny guy.
Speaker 2: Let's hear what did he say? Well, he was with his then Linda. Are they girl?
Speaker 8: Girl?
Speaker 2: No one knows people here. I don't want to get it.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: He just we walked up and she wanted to meet me, and she said, this is Bill and I'm like, I'm a there's a picture of he and I on my Instagram from way back when my glasses fogged up. I said, I can't believe my glasses are fugging up with you, coach, But nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: He was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good, good, good, good to meet you. Big fiddal show that what he says.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, he's you know, in a controlled environment, like an environment that where he's comfortable let his hair down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well the clip of him going as a pirate to your costume party with.
Speaker 5: With with Legendary, I mean, that's all you kind of need to know about him.
Speaker 2: Oh he got that's Linda. That was Linda at the time. She made him do that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to do it.
Speaker 2: That Linda over there. He wanted to break down.
Speaker 4: Were you on the roster when Matt Light was there?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yeah, So I came to a Patriots game, uh, a Chiefs Patriots game, but as Mat Light's guest, and then I went to a bar with all you dudes afterwards wherever you went over into like a mall or.
Speaker 2: Something, Patree place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was here.
Speaker 1: Well, one of Andy Reid's first years in Kansas City, so we're talking like fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I was at that bar because Gronk was there. I remember Gronk and Matt and those dudes. I didn't see two degrees. He wasn't there. Oh my god, he's gonna beat my ass.
Speaker 5: No, he's not.
Speaker 2: The thing is you're gonna meet Tom Brady, and if you know, once again, he's in an environment where he's comfortable, he's legitimately like awkwardly nice. Yeah, Like he's that kind of guy where you're like, is this real?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: One hundred percent of what you mean? Larry King was that for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the great Larry King arguably one of the most recognizable people ever. When I met Larry King, I'm like, are you fucking with me right now? Like, are you just a nice person? I totally get it. Yeah, no, So why don't you take us back ninety four to ninety four?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How about the This was my first year I ever played football for the Redwood City forty nine ers by the way, Irwin City forty nine Redwood City, Redwood City. I'm thirty miles south of San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, by the big Saqui trees.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 4: How great are those trees?
Speaker 2: I am such a tree lover. Yeah, because of those trees.
Speaker 1: I mean four hours and twenty five minutes from my house into Luca Lake is when you go, holy shit, Like that's how long of a drive it is. And I've taken so many people up there. It's a great experience. Anyway, ninety four.
Speaker 7: Oh, let's let's give some Sequoia trees some love.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was just up there a couple of weeks ago, or maybe a month to two ago, and like it's one of those things you go on to hiking, you see one and you're like wow, yeah, and then you go like ten feet further you see another way.
Speaker 4: Same, they're older than the andyes, mountains crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the trees were there before the fucking mountains there.
Speaker 2: They are so cool. Like, I don't necessarily up Redwood City. It's just thirty miles south. You're probably you probably go to Mere Woods or something. King's National Forces and uh, I take eighty four all the way to the beach and you just have these windy roads and these damn you have like these cliffs with these trees that are eighty feet tall, like right next to the damn road. It's just so cool. It's cold because of the how tall they are. It keeps all the moisture inside. Yeah, it's also fireproof. Those trees are fireproof. Basically.
Speaker 4: I loved him so much.
Speaker 1: I got a little sapling and planted it in front of my in my front yard and to look lake.
Speaker 4: And it's doing great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got one from any I wanted to put a couple in. I live in Brentwood. I wanted to put a couple there, but I don't know if it'll they'll do fine. Well they yeah, water the ship out of them when you bury him.
Speaker 1: Put PVC have your landscape or put PVC pipe down to the roots and just water the shit out of them at first and get them going and then they'll they'll take off. Yeah, because like you said, they take the air from the they take the moisture from the air, not necessarily the roots.
Speaker 4: That's why they'll do.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, hey, you're listening to the landscape Tai.
Speaker 6: You joke, But like if you came to his house to do the show, we would spend thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: On the last.
Speaker 3: I love sycamores I have.
Speaker 2: I don't have a bonzie, but I have beautiful Japanese maples and like I just put in this Korean grass under the Japanese maple, which is it's still not matured, but in like give this next spring, it's gonna be fucking beautiful. That you know in that area that the native tree is sycamores, Yeah, web sycamore. So we have So there's a sycamore built in between my house pretty much.
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 4: Is it bent over?
Speaker 2: Yes, one's bent. It's like a two thing and then like we're right here in it. I just I love trees because of growing up a rowad city.
Speaker 1: You know, my co star Ed O'Neil is over on Old Road. I don't know where you are from Old Road in Brentwood. But ye on Old Road. Yeah, equestrian areas album player too, huh, yeah, I played.
Speaker 4: You had a cup of coffee with the Steelers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't have any cup of coffees with anybody other than Piper High School.
Speaker 4: I'm dealing with PLANTI fascion itis right now. I have you ever had that?
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 2: Such bad feet problems. I've break in my fifth Manta Tarsal twice on both.
Speaker 4: One of your guys got a scooter out there. I rolled in.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, I'm stealing this for tomorrow. Fine, yeah, I've lived on those the feet. You gotta get good orthotics.
Speaker 4: I got him in.
Speaker 2: I got him in, Like, yeah, there's a you gotta after this. I'll send you a guy. They're like, they're really expensive, but their life chair.
Speaker 4: Like, hey, we can't talk about this online.
Speaker 3: I got a guy, I got I got a guy for thought.
Speaker 7: I got a guy.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually Brady's guy.
Speaker 5: Two degrees.
Speaker 2: Respect the ninety four What was life like for you this time ninety four?
Speaker 1: I was a freshman in college. Well, no, wait, I graduated ninety so I was fresh with sophomore in college.
Speaker 4: I did one year in junior college.
Speaker 1: I thought I wanted to be a discussing shot putter until I found out how heavy those shit those things were. I was like, holy shit, these are a lot heavier than my high school ones. So I went one year to junior college and I'm like, yeah, I'm not gonna make the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Some moving on.
Speaker 3: Joe's a crazy shot pudder.
Speaker 2: Vince Wilford, Oh dude, Joe Tuney probably is too, No, but Vince like compete still. I don't know, not still, but sometimes we'd be in OTA's and shit, he'd just be out there throwing a fucking shock put I be, what the hell go for?
Speaker 4: I love and swolf Fork.
Speaker 1: I got to introduce myself to him in the elevator at Arrowhead one time and told him one a big fan of my fan.
Speaker 3: Of his, I was, I love the overalls with no shirt.
Speaker 1: No, but he was wearing a lot of gold fun chains, and I just like, this is exactly how I want events.
Speaker 4: Wolf Fork.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted this. I wanted to meet you. He makes he knows how.
Speaker 1: To barbecue the shit out of sport coorse he does. He's a fucking he's a giant.
Speaker 4: So I'm in college ninety four Joe Montana, John l Way.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The other reason I picked this game is because so we have a suite at Arrowhead, and when I got the sweet they asked me what pictures I wanted in our suite, and I said, I want offensive line themed pictures, and they said, well, do you have any favorite memories? And I'm like, well, we had a tackle named Joe Valerio who caught tackle eligible touchdowns from Joe Montana, and he caught one right in front of me at Arrowhead, in my seats, and so the motherfucker types it in. He's like, oh here. I'm like, yes, hold on, I'm gonna be in this picture. So sure enough, on in this picture, Joe Valario's got his hands up in the air and there's a young me in the background wearing a green polo for some reason.
Speaker 4: Still have no idea why I wore a green polo to Chief's name, but there I am cheering. So that's up.
Speaker 1: Those pictures are up in my suite, right above where that touchdown happened. Well, Joe Valario scored a touchdown eligible tackle eligible touchdown in this game against John o Way on Monday Night football.
Speaker 7: Also, John Alt was a tackle.
Speaker 4: This favorite player. John Alt was my favorite favorite offensive lineman.
Speaker 1: Have you seen him? I mean, what do you think you bring up? Oh, Joe's gonna. I wish we were bad enough to get Joe Walt. My dream is that we have John All and Joe Walt. Love Joe. I love him. He's he's ten eleven. I would guess is where he'll go, maybe even earlier. I've heard like five or six.
Speaker 4: Well leaves the wide receiver for us at thirty two.
Speaker 7: I'm so happy we're doing like we're doing. Like line love.
Speaker 2: I love Whitworth. Yeah, oh big line, love him, love love you must love Light.
Speaker 3: Matt Light, Oh love Matt. How fucking funny is he?
Speaker 1: He's hilarious. And I've heard some of the pranks that he did on on Coach on your Coach Mouse Yeah, and then the shock one, Yes, the shock one, and then Coach send him a letter or something. I remember some story about him sending him a letter and got Matt Light back and Matt was like, oh shit, I'm in trouble and then he was like, got you what that letter didn't?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Love offensive line love Joe Toney.
Speaker 2: You played with Joe Tune he is, He's a fucking badass he was. I love that kid man. He's really brilliant too, so smart, smart guy and being his locker reading the goddamn like romance fiction book or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well just look at it this way, torres pe Well, I don't know if toars Peck he heard his peck.
Speaker 2: He's outed it out.
Speaker 1: But my point is is he wanted to still play, and you know what an injury that is, and they just ruled him out. I think today, Yeah, I saw that great kid, awesome guy. I love my offensive lineman, Nicki Alligretty's going to go in for him. NICKI two rings. I gave him that or Nikki two kids. I gave him that, uh nick name him after the last super Bowl because he had twins on the super Bowl the day of the super Bowl last time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in Arizona, Like, you're fucking Nikky two kids now.
Speaker 7: Nikki two kids?
Speaker 2: Alec Ready, we gotta get you, we gotta have a we gotta get you. Just a nickname things, Yeah, what do you want? Who needs nicknames?
Speaker 6: We got all we need we need over here, we need help name in games. We're like at bottom barrel, like naming some of these games. We have trouble with that song. Let's get into the rosters for time.
Speaker 1: Oh roster Yeah, Joe John all I could, yeah, JJ Burden, Willie Davis one of our scouts on the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: He's he's a regional scout of the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Uhcus Allen, Arcus Allen, Joe Montana. We were just past the Christian mccoya days. Christian, you're retired and I think ninety two.
Speaker 2: Herman Edwards is a secondary coach.
Speaker 4: Joe Valerio, Will Shields Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: Mike McCarthy was on this staff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what's Relliant Control?
Speaker 5: Quality control guy?
Speaker 4: Holy shit, I didn't know that. Like I said, Alan Wright.
Speaker 1: Are equiped manager, current equipment manager, was the equipment manager here. And I texted him the other night that I was going to be on the show talking about this game, and he said, quote, besides the two Super Bowl the Super Bowls that he's been in, this was his favorite game as the equipment manager.
Speaker 4: This game right here is his favorite.
Speaker 7: This game is incredible for wind breakers.
Speaker 4: All the oh wind breakers.
Speaker 1: Oh he still has it, he said, he can still wear it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bro, you need you should have archived one of those from every year. But how many penalties? All the penalties in this game?
Speaker 2: How many we have?
Speaker 4: I think she's had twenty six or twenty seven penalties?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 5: Wow, you lose a game?
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: Also, back to back fumbles like in the fourth quarter, like with like three or four minutes left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, back to back. And how about Jerry Mark right the referee, how he just walks around and just.
Speaker 4: Shown And I couldn't you know.
Speaker 1: The other thing I couldn't believe is players getting in the refs, like right up on the refs when you watch that game back.
Speaker 4: I watched them clips the other night.
Speaker 2: So that's why they put all these rules like if you touch a reth yeah you can get thrown out. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's because of these this generation.
Speaker 1: Apparently, if Chris Jones just like comes close to Tom Brady's helmet, that's a penalty.
Speaker 3: What's kind of like that with Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 6: Now you watching this game too, like you see like the rest of the old school like white pants that were like yeah, now they got these like like these type of like sweat paints.
Speaker 5: I don't want to buff rest.
Speaker 2: Back in these days when I was a kid playing, you would put two thigh pads in to look like the pros just because they'd wear those big ass thighpad neck rolls.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about a lot of this great game outside.
Speaker 7: The jersey or an outside of the jersey neckroll?
Speaker 4: Guy, I like the outside of the jersey.
Speaker 1: Irv Eatman was an offensive tackle for the Chiefs that were outside. What was the linebacker for Raiders Howie long h Yeah, well defensive end?
Speaker 4: How Long Bill? Outside neck roll?
Speaker 2: Remember any spit in JJ Stokes face, Dude Romanowski, I mean, come on, these memories of Garden the Longest Yard remake.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you're talking to Chiefs. Raiders hate BRONC goes John Elway. You know what, Shannon Sharp and.
Speaker 5: Wade Phillips head coach, Wade Philip Jason Jason Elan was kicking forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jason was in this game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ted Washington.
Speaker 1: And we had a former Bronco lineman Kraigan. I think it was that had come to the Chiefs who was a legendary Bronco or kind of Raygmith went from the Chiefs to the Broncos in my after this.
Speaker 3: Do you guys hated the Broncos at this time?
Speaker 1: I don't think we hated him like the Raiders. I mean, we hadn't won in Mile High in like fourteen years up until this point or something like that.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 1: I had a bet with a guy that if either of our teams ever won, because he was a Broncos fan. And I had a bet all four years of college that if we each team sweep, we'd shave our head. And never happened. Yeah, split, yeah, split.
Speaker 5: Twenty four total penalties in this game, insane?
Speaker 4: Twenty four total or on the Chiefs total?
Speaker 5: Okay, fourteen on the Chiefs Okay, Yeah, it felt like twenty four.
Speaker 6: Though, So with the Raiders and the Chiefs rivalry and he weirdness with Marcus Allen coming over or is that to the gym?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, I I love Marcus Allen.
Speaker 2: He already said if anyone puts on the Chief's uniform, doesn't matter where you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he im in. I'm in, bro, I mean, I'm in. And what better?
Speaker 1: I mean, what I always love about Marcus Allen is Marcus never went sideways backwards anytime. Marcus Allen was tackled, he always somehow fell forward, which is kind of how Jamal Charles was to the Beast.
Speaker 2: I used to so I played what year was that in twenty eleven? I had to play defense? I remember that, and they my job for the game was I had to cover Charles. I was the money.
Speaker 4: Do you think we'll do that on Sunday?
Speaker 1: Do you think we'll do a similar thing of how we did Lamar with Christian like kind of like spy him a little bit not.
Speaker 4: You can't put a spy on a running back.
Speaker 2: I guess it's just tough because they have so many weapons. Kittle deb debo? Are you.
Speaker 4: You should say that? You should call him?
Speaker 5: That has a way better ring to it.
Speaker 2: The fullback check Yeah?
Speaker 4: What was your fullbacks name?
Speaker 2: That? When the James Devlin? Yeah, and loved him?
Speaker 4: What was the running back?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: The guy in the game against the AFC Championship that scored that one touchdown?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah who just retired?
Speaker 5: He just another fall forward guy to me? Yeah, always get what didn't seem like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How about the checko?
Speaker 3: I think he's a stud.
Speaker 1: Somebody said Coach Reed just said he reminds him of Roger Craig, and I think that's such a baby.
Speaker 2: North and South runner always getting downhill. I mean, I think that's going to be the key for them. They have to just establish that run.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing that won't happen Sunday is Kyle Shanahan will not all of a sudden stop running the ball, like which is what happened with the Ravens and the Rushes.
Speaker 2: Four point eight to carry or something so thirty what is it the twenty ninth ranked defense against the run? You have the best ranking offense on run with Baltimore.
Speaker 1: But how much of that though, like as an offensive player, like, what what did Spagnolo do to even.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's what Spagnola did. I think it was a panic because they got behind. Yeah, so then.
Speaker 3: You get off your game plan.
Speaker 2: A lot of times you you know, you can rattle an offensive coordinator if they think like, oh, it's gonna get out of hand, we gotta start throwing the ball. You know, teams just stick in the game plan and still run the ball. I mean, you're you're not gonna have to worry about that way.
Speaker 1: But he mind that played, he always said, And I always looked for this, see if you agree with it. He always said if a team early does any kind of trick play, it's a sign that they don't think they can win and they need some kind of advantage, you know somewhere.
Speaker 3: Well, the super Bowls.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of the case in the regular season, but the playoffs in super Bowl there's always a saying, nothing's left in the bag.
Speaker 3: If we got it in.
Speaker 2: The playbook, you're gonna throw it out there and if you need it, like there's nothing that's saved. Yeah, so that is that's kind of true in the regular season. What super Bowl were you the m v P what number fifty three against the Rams?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How many non quarterbacks have been We just talked about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Cooper Cup, Jerry Rice Brand, Young Branch.
Speaker 7: Malcolm Smith and Exeter Jackson.
Speaker 1: Running backs, any any defense, Charles Woodson ever Malcolm.
Speaker 6: Dexter Jackson of the on the Bucks, the first Bucks one with the Steelers.
Speaker 7: No, I think.
Speaker 5: Ray Lewis got it back in way scary.
Speaker 2: Imagine and imagine we worked together on inside the NFL and let me just tell you those pre production meetings, I felt like we were going getting a locker room speed Yeah, every time I wanted to run through a fucking wall. Yeah, that's awesome, he spoke. Half the time. It was just a quote from Goddamn Gladiator. I make buses ball, I go, right, will you stop using Gladiator?
Speaker 6: Eric as like a football guy, like I got to be a fly on the wall with watching Jewels and Ray Lewis just talk shop, just like alone in the corner of a room in the green room. I got to say, it's the best football memory I've ever had in my entire life.
Speaker 1: My dream I've never I've watched a lot of college games on the sideline and I have not yet got to watch an NFL game on the sideline, just to feel the speed of everything. But my dream, and I think probably NFL rules will never let me. But I would love to listen into a game like.
Speaker 2: On the headsets. Yes, that'll never be. It will never happen unless you be you know, lest I become a coach, unless you become like really cool. I don't know, Andy Reid.
Speaker 1: Maybe well, I mean I'm as I'm close to coach. I just think it's like.
Speaker 2: Maybe a preseason gamer, you could probably they could give you a headset.
Speaker 1: Sit up in the booth or something I couldn't be down, like premium subscription on Amazon. Oh my god, could you imagine?
Speaker 4: Could you imagine?
Speaker 1: So do you do you have I know this is like I feel like you could either have an answer to this or be like, bro, But do you have a memory of.
Speaker 4: The hardest you've ever been hit by someone?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Brian Dawkins when he was with the Eagles. No, when he was with Denver's Denver for that stint in two thousand and nine. I saw a star for three weeks. I got hit so hard. I saw a star for like three weeks.
Speaker 1: That's why when you said my name, he went, Eric Stone.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what?
Speaker 10: You know what he called Rob Riggle. He was Rob rob Riggle, was Rod Ribble, rip her her pleasure, Rod Ripple for her pleasure?
Speaker 8: Not a word.
Speaker 2: You know? I asked.
Speaker 1: I asked Bagnolo at camp this year, if you could go take any guy off any roster you've ever coached and put on this Chiefs defense.
Speaker 4: Brian Dawkins was the name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, Cam Chancer lit me up in the Super Bowl pretty hard once, that one where they thought I was knocked out.
Speaker 1: I've been Yeah, there's been. I mean, because how you played coming across the middle man.
Speaker 2: I mean, but you know what, it's crazy and the early part of like the first five six years of my career, you could get hit and then you know, I'd watch. I used to watch after a season, I watch every play. I wanted to just just watch the game, every play I played, and I would sit there, like at the end of my career, and I'd be like, I would have been knocked out of fifteen sixteen of these catches if the rules were different, you know what I mean. It's just it used to be legitimately a no fly zone. If you go across there, you're gonna get knocked out. You're gonna be out for two weeks, you know. And that's what it was. But you know the game's changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well some of those hits in this game, the ninety four game, Neil Smith and Derek Thomas getting on John Elway after the whistle, I mean, no way would happen different.
Speaker 3: No, I think you could.
Speaker 2: I think you would get arrested if you watched if you did some of these things in this era, And like you watch the seventies hits and.
Speaker 4: Joe Montana not a big guy.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's why he only played the amount of years he played. He broke his goddamn back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Giants, Yeah, I mean he was a thing for how bad I remember how hard he was hitting Buffalo that year. I mean he was I'll never forget the image of him sitting on the on the field and like kind of lifting him up and just looking at him and it just looked like his eyes were gone.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, all right, Joe.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The other thing, I know it's your podcast, but it's so awesome for me to like get to ask you questions. You remind me of like how everybody compared talks about Travis Kelsey's like, how.
Speaker 4: The fuck is he always open?
Speaker 1: That's how I always thought of you as a as a hater of the Patriots. It's like, why is Julian Elvin open again?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 2: Why is he no one over there with him?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: Because all from from our seat at Arrowhead, all just take plays and I'll just be like, I'm just gonna watch Travis. I'm not gonna watch I'm not gonna watch anything else, and I'm just gonna see how he gets open.
Speaker 2: How How do you.
Speaker 4: Guys do that.
Speaker 2: I think that's credit ca pretty much on the chemistry between the quarterback and the receiver. And also, you know, Travis has seen everything, and you know, just because a play is drawn up a certain way, you know, he has the football IQ to say, like, all right, well there's no one going to be in this area, so if I kind of just redirect over here, I'm not gonna fuck anyone else up, and I'm probably gonna get the ball because Patrick's looking at me, you know what I mean. So there's a lot of feel, you know, And and you see that in Travis Kelsey's game, like he runs a lot of the unorthodox looking routes and a lot of people used to say that about my routes. Yeah, you know where you look at the paper and that's not what it's supposed to be. But he knows he needs to be in this area. It doesn't matter how you get there, but he needs He has a quarterback clock in his head where he knows this is gonna.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and one, thousand and two.
Speaker 2: And I just need to be there, right, So however you get there is And then it comes about talk about the hips.
Speaker 1: You guys both had those swaggy hips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just getting round usive, elusive, very elusive. Yeah, he's slippery.
Speaker 4: They called me hippie. I got I got some elusive A five minutes toss. Oh got that up.
Speaker 5: We gotta run through this, this epic Monday night showdown. It was everything that was built up to be. Montana Lway combined for six hundred and fifty passing yards five tds. It was a little slow starting out, nothing nothing after the first feeling each other out in mile high. Then we get on the board fourteen fourteen and a half. Lway is slinging one, Montana slinging one. They trade TD passes in the third. Then it comes down to the fourth minute. It's the same old story. Lway does the drive. Ten men on the field, he runs it in himself. They take the lead with a minute twenty nine left. Now it's Joe Joe magic time.
Speaker 4: And it really when you watch that drive, it really is.
Speaker 1: You know, people talk about Tom Brady with the ten yard three yard four yard dump off passes. I mean he did just down, check, check down, check down the whole field.
Speaker 5: And well, so interesting. I'm rewatching it the other day. You see guys in this situation today, it's it's from the shotgun, empty backfield, spread them out back then Joe's under center every single Yeah, with two tight ends. They got a minute twenty twenty nine left, two timeouts and he's still marching down the field thunder center. I love it.
Speaker 2: You look at the Chiefs now with this year. Yep, you know they've been a lot more under the center. Yeah, because it you know, you got you gotta incorporate that run.
Speaker 1: Game, helping the tackles out of the bills.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's a big thing, and there's something to be said, like when people say, oh, it's a deanc dunk this that to have the discipline as a quarterback to not take the Foods goal, there's there's spots where it opened up and it closes quick. And to be able to not make a mistake in a high pressure situation and take what the defense gives you. It seems easy for the regular person, but it's so hard because you feel that pressure, you feel the time, and you feel where you are in the game, and and you know that that's why you like Patrick Mahomes. This year he's been like that. He hasn't turned the ball over in six goddamn playoff games. And it hasn't been razzle dazzle, but he's had the humility and he's had that kind of confidence to.
Speaker 3: Like know what his team is.
Speaker 2: No that we have a really good defense right now, we know, you know, defenses are playing us probably a little different. We don't have what we had on in the past on the outside. And and to just take what the defense gives you is that's a skill, you know, discipline, Yeah, it's just and but there's gonna be that one time where you hit that check down, you hit that option route, option route, There's gonna be that one time where you have to put that that fourteen yard incut in there, you know.
Speaker 3: And and that's what these guys do, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's what you saw with you know, Joe Montana, and that's what you saw a lot with Tom Brady, and that's what you're seeing right now with Patrick Mahomes. It's been impressive, Jack. What was this last? This last drive? Can you last drive through it?
Speaker 7: Do you remember the last well?
Speaker 4: I remember we our tight end, Keith Cash was out. He was injured.
Speaker 1: So we had I believe his name was Tracy Green or something like that it was his rookieyear from Grambling State, gram State, Grambling State Bigs. He was a former offensive lineman six sixty five to seventy five.
Speaker 4: Big old tight end.
Speaker 5: He had a crucial.
Speaker 1: Catch down at the end of the game to get us close to the goal line. And then Willie Davis, I mean the great Willie Davis again still a Kansas City chief, gets that that touchdown and where Montana put it very Mahomes asque, I mean Mahomes would say, my passes are very Joe Montana asked right where it needed to be, right right, lead him to the pylon. It was rowing outside blow only.
Speaker 4: Where he could get it.
Speaker 2: So a lot of what you're coached in the National Football League on that the back line, everything's high so no one can catch it. When you're on the goal line, everything has to be low because there's less space.
Speaker 1: You know, how about that pass from Josh Allen against US that was so low and down at the pylon in that game. And then Patrick Mahomes returns a favor against the Ravens with an equally great.
Speaker 5: Pass like, oh my man, and shot great recall Eric shout out to Tracy Green. He only had six career receptions in the NFL. Yeah, Joe's leaning on him and crunches the French times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I don't think I don't think he I don't think. I think he played one more year and he.
Speaker 5: Did one more year for the Steelers. Grambling State, Yeah, Grambling State. And this one ends up thirty one twenty eight in the House of Horrors. Kansas City goes in there and gets the win. Boom and boom Monday Night football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Marty gets his.
Speaker 5: First one in there. Yeah, Ed, mile High.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I love I love Marty Schottenheimer, Marty ball Baby.
Speaker 5: Marty, what a legend.
Speaker 2: Now, let's name the game. What's the name of this game? You got the great nicknames? All right?
Speaker 4: Oh oh money names one of those the real name and.
Speaker 5: Or something else.
Speaker 2: Montana verse Alway, Montana's mile High Magic, Joever's Joe John.
Speaker 1: Versus John can't read Montana's Mile High Magic joevers John, or something that.
Speaker 2: You think it should be.
Speaker 4: It needs to have something mile high.
Speaker 1: Joe enters the Mile High Club officially, Fuck, that's so good.
Speaker 3: Yest's score.
Speaker 2: The game presented by win Bet, Is this the greatest game of all time, let's score it steaks one to ten decimals. Okay, the stakes of this game, regular season game?
Speaker 4: Uh what am I saying?
Speaker 2: What are the stakes of this game? Regular season game of the game.
Speaker 4: We just watched this game?
Speaker 3: Huge steaks, huge stakes.
Speaker 2: We've done seven.
Speaker 7: Week seven, two teams to finished.
Speaker 4: What yeah, steaks high ten.
Speaker 7: Broncos are one four at this time.
Speaker 4: One and four seven seven.
Speaker 2: Thank integrity right there, Thank you the star power of this game ten ten Joe and jama.
Speaker 4: John Elway, two future Hall of famers. Marcus Allen looking for redemption from Al Davis.
Speaker 2: Al Davis.
Speaker 6: Now what hurts this game is we do a lot of Super Bowls. You get a lot of like the celebrities there, yeah, you know, Week seven game, not a whole lot of celebrity start power.
Speaker 4: But were there even celebrities back then? Good love it?
Speaker 5: Ten win breakers.
Speaker 1: Were the celebrity The gameplay a little low on that because it's twenty four penalties.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was a sloppy gamepy.
Speaker 2: But you got a game winning drive, game winning.
Speaker 4: Drive back to back.
Speaker 5: But there were two fumbles, two.
Speaker 2: Fumbles, an interception, sloppy turnovers, penalties, sloppy What is it seven to five, seven five, and the name of the game, the name of the game, Joe, Joe enters the Mile High, Joe enters the Mohawk Club.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's pretty good because we don't know for sure. I mean, it's Joe Monte so I bet you he's already been in the mill.
Speaker 6: Officially differentially, Yeah, he just calls his wife from the bathroom.
Speaker 2: The guy who's calling his wife on the sideline.
Speaker 1: And I'm not gonna get myself a ten on that, I I you know, I guess.
Speaker 6: And also too, how we like to think of names, like the cultural impact of it. This is a regular season game from nineteen ninety four and we're still talking about it.
Speaker 2: There's a little bit of like juice that way, a lot of juice.
Speaker 5: Eight.
Speaker 2: What's the what's the score about of math me too ground?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 4: It is eagles face Yeah to the ground, motherfucker.
Speaker 7: Eight point one.
Speaker 8: Eight.
Speaker 2: But I just roasted you.
Speaker 1: It's like how we feel when Mexican guys are Chinese people are talking about us in elevators.
Speaker 4: I know, it's almost to ourselves.
Speaker 7: Eight point one two five, eight point where's it ran?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just ahead of the two thousand and seven, Yes to Bowl. The statue of Liberty game, remember that one?
Speaker 4: Who was that?
Speaker 5: That was a Boise State and Oklahoma Adrians game.
Speaker 2: Statue Liberty Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a fair electric game. We had Zim Brownski and Uhskmbranski Yeah and ap.
Speaker 5: Right ahead of that one, and then just behind the the nineteen eighty five AFC Championship game, the Squish the Fish.
Speaker 3: Game, Squish the Fish.
Speaker 4: Who was that?
Speaker 5: That was Gary Dolphins. We had Gary Goleman on to talk about that one.
Speaker 2: And that was when they went and got blown out in eighty five Super Bowl by the Bears. But they were leading, they were leading three zero.
Speaker 1: My favorite Patriot from that time was a guy named Paul Fairchild.
Speaker 4: He played guard for the Patriots.
Speaker 1: He was a k you grad and when I went to KU football camp, he came and spoke to us, and I became a Paul Firchild fan. Hell yes, at some point, but I rooted for the Bears in that Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: At some point.
Speaker 6: We got to get you back into the studio in Brentwood because I would love to do Kansas. Kansas State beats Oklahoma and like the big the bigger.
Speaker 2: Roles yes, yes, a route named darren Sprolls because of you know, the angle route for the running back.
Speaker 1: Yep, he was so electric at that route. That's not the wheel route, right.
Speaker 2: No, but he would he would set that route up to look like the wheel route and then he would cut in front of the guy's face so they'd overplay because of the wheel. And his shimmy was always so good. Darren, you know, he was one. And his punt returning, I well, I love darren Sprolls, but I always hate him because I always finished second in punt returns because.
Speaker 1: How scary is that?
Speaker 3: Come on, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I look, you're cut out for it. But like the average person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you could. There's you actually can prepare for that play more than you think because of the time.
Speaker 4: Can you hear footsteps?
Speaker 2: No? But you know by you have like a quarterback clock, you have a punt clock in your head. You can tell by how far the punt is with how long it is in the air. There's a lot of trust on your your your guys. But you're always scanning the field. So you you'll take a picture, then you'll get back to the punt and maybe at this last second, you'll take one more picture to see where everyone's at and then you get the punt and then you go.
Speaker 4: That was something.
Speaker 1: Watching that ninety four game makes you remember how great kickoffs were because remember the wedge and you see all those the wedges a big and the other thing about that is there were no long snappers on this roster.
Speaker 4: It was just offensive line doing the long snapping.
Speaker 5: Or any good point.
Speaker 4: Now it's a position now.
Speaker 5: Was a specialized thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go to camp. It's so funny watching Joe Montana and taking he was the holder. Yeah, you know, you get your starting quarterback as a goddamn holder.
Speaker 4: We would you imagine?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eric, anything to add about this game, No, Well, we'll see what happens. This will be on after the game, so I'll either look like an asshole or but I think we're gonna I mean, I think we're gonna win.
Speaker 7: I hope.
Speaker 3: So it's hard to bet against Mahomes right now.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The only thing I don't like, which is Wentworth said last night, and I think he has a great point, is it's tough in the league. As you would know, I would not, not a former professional football player, when you're on a hot streak, and then you have to sit for a minute, Like we were hot, we won those last three games, and now we had two weeks off.
Speaker 2: And they weren't hot. And they get two weeks to think about not being hot.
Speaker 1: I know, I get a whole lifetime to think about not being hot.
Speaker 3: Not two degrees.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker's hot.
Speaker 5: He is hot.
Speaker 4: We can say it. We're comfortable intersexuality, right.
Speaker 2: I remember when the first time I met him, I was like, those goddamn blue eyes in that chin.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't know, I wouldn't know, never made direct eye contact.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Eric joining us. I appreciate it. This an awesome episode. And you want to plug anything good, No.
Speaker 4: I'm good. I have nothing to plug other than the Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 3: We love that you came, man, big fan, you gotta come back. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, that was a educational on so many different terms type episode on how to be funny, on football rules, on football statistics, and just being an awesome football fan.
Speaker 3: Knowledgeable.
Speaker 6: Dan had a big league someone who knew Tom Brady two degrees, two degrees, two degrees.
Speaker 5: He got a new nickname that was great.
Speaker 3: His nicknames were His nicknames are he's so cool.
Speaker 5: He is a locker room guy. I bet Eric was giving everybody nicknames back in the day, yeah, or back in his frat days at KSUL Love Sports he was.
Speaker 3: I mean these afterwards like I was like, yeah, they do anything. You don't need anything.
Speaker 5: I just want to come here for the love of the game. Mayby no plugs.
Speaker 6: We got to get him back here and have like a longer episode not constrained by vegas.
Speaker 7: I think he'd get into some fun stuff.
Speaker 5: He was a legend, man. I don't know if we're just getting lucky with with Heidi, Eric, Rob and like we're getting them. But like these Chiefs fans, they know their stuff. They're knowledgeable fans.
Speaker 3: They're kind of.
Speaker 7: Turning me in.
Speaker 6: Travis sand nice stuff about the show. Like it's it's hard to hate him. I want to hate him so bad.
Speaker 2: It's more of like a it's more of a passion of the torch, change of the guard. I understand what they're going through, so like that's why I respect him even more now with how they've been able to overcome and succeed. And you know, anytime they got people thinking that the ship scripted over, you you know, you're in a fucking great spot, I know what. And they play it well, they sure do. I've gotten to know those guys, you know. I hung out with Patrick Mahomes before he was a starter, crossing paths with Trave and they're just they're good ass dudes out You could tell they love ball and they work their fucking dicks off. So why why why wouldn't you want to see them go out and fucking do a threepeat?
Speaker 5: Hey man, I'm rooting for him.
Speaker 3: They might kill a trave I love you, brother.
Speaker 2: Well let's go back around October seventeenth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 5: What a year I mean, whoa first year of football? That was your first year of football?
Speaker 3: Wow? Little there was City forty nine.
Speaker 5: Ers eight years old Kurt on the team or no, no, Kurt, no kurtis What was the weight limit I had to be?
Speaker 2: I had to be at least forty five pounds and I remember I had to put a couple like the things in my pockets we lived.
Speaker 3: It was like forty five to one oh five.
Speaker 6: The fact that you, when I said a weight limit for youth football, you went how much you had to weigh versus like me getting down to my underwear having like spit cups like trying to get.
Speaker 7: Under like one twenty or whatever.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, mine was fifty five for the little giants. Couldn't play, wasn't there, wasn't there? Yeah, it was about eight pounds short. I think Red City four nine.
Speaker 3: We were a badass.
Speaker 5: Frank running that thing like the army.
Speaker 3: Well it came from before my dad with coach Frank Guida.
Speaker 5: Shout out Frank other coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Coach Guida was.
Speaker 2: He was the guy he kicked my dad off the field when he was like seven years old or eight years old because my dad long hair. You said, get out of here, you hippie. That's how long he coached. He was like back in those days.
Speaker 7: And Frank's a hippie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why my dad ever played bob order because coach Coach Guida, who became one of like our best friends as we grew up.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, it was some serious shit over there in Redwood City. We wont super Bowls. Great great mix to guys.
Speaker 2: How we had like a you'd have some of these like rich kids from Woodside, you have some of these hard nosed white boys from like middle Railroad City. Then you get a couple of these East Relid City kids, you get like some of the black kids from like powow out the line right there, we get a bunch of Simoans and tongans and like we were all rad disciplined. I remember going to like high school thinking it was a joke after like playing our Pop Owner and how like hard we were coached and how well every single one of our guys knew their assignment. I mean, I remember my dad used to make up songs for the lineman head up to play side. But if they're in the gap, we blocked that gap unless it's a trap. And he's got all these kids singing these songs for their their their fucking foot placements. I mean it was fucking some of the funniest. I love Pop Owner Football Man. I learned so much. I love it.
Speaker 5: That's why sports are great Man ninety four, Great time.
Speaker 2: Man number one song, how May Love Dude, Let Me Too?
Speaker 1: And you Bro.
Speaker 5: The fits in this video go so hard. Oh oh my god, I had to throw it on before this. Oh what do you have like.
Speaker 3: A tank top?
Speaker 2: And these are the jeans and on his knee and you know the shirts.
Speaker 5: That wind coming in from somewhere in the shirt's flowing.
Speaker 3: Little lass so fire love boy Smith.
Speaker 5: Anytime that's at the top of the chart, you know it's a good year.
Speaker 3: Number one movie, pulp fiction. Oh brother, that's a icon.
Speaker 5: This might be one of our best duos of top song, top movie.
Speaker 3: It could very well be here.
Speaker 5: And then you look down here what else was at the box office? Little Giants, Forrest Gump, Sha Shank, most Jurassic.
Speaker 7: Park, wow se Jurassic Park might have been this year ninety four too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, what a year at the box office.
Speaker 2: Look at the range though, Okay, look at the range you get. You get little kids, check icon, you get drama, historical fiction Forrest Gump, check, and then like novel drama like Insaye check. And then we can even throw sci fi awesomeness check with Jurassic Park.
Speaker 5: Dress Park close expected, dude, I mean Little Giants, Forrest Gump, Shawshank, and pulp fiction all rewatchables all. If you're flipping through cable, you stop and watch you clear the afternoon? Yeah, what a time you.
Speaker 7: Think Forrest Gump could have played the NFL.
Speaker 3: I just watched it last night. I started it.
Speaker 7: No No, couldn't pick up the block. The Blitz may be able to run the ball, but you know I need them in protection.
Speaker 2: Nay, speaking only goes so far on in in in between the men line. Bobby Bouche though, Bobby bouch Yeah, he can be a head of a special teamer. He'd be a four team phase guy. You know, maybe a first and second down linebacker. And you know it's a run.
Speaker 7: We need to do a whole Let's make a note of this.
Speaker 6: Let's make a segment at some point post show segment best fictional football play.
Speaker 5: I'm down, I'm down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Thinking Friday Lights Palco, Oh, Shane Palco, Lefty, he's living on the houseboat, Jean.
Speaker 7: But Adam Sandler in the longest yard.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: Or Bert Reynolds.
Speaker 5: Burt Reynolds would be great, also a real football player.
Speaker 3: Guys there seen Brian sung Brian song to your Jerker I remember to watch as a kid. Sad really true story. That's one of those series. Brian Piccolo.
Speaker 6: Brian Piccolo and then Nelson Mandela visited the United States President of South Africa.
Speaker 7: Right, Oh there you go.
Speaker 5: Geopolitical talk.
Speaker 2: I like it, gotta keep it in the sports world nineteen eighty four. Oh, baby Niners crushed the Chargers Super Bowl twenty nine.
Speaker 3: I remember this. I felt the only reason I felt bad Junior, Say, oh that was early junior. I was junior, damn.
Speaker 6: So this wasn't ninety five, but it's the ninety four season, so it was the extension of this season.
Speaker 2: But did did Jerry Ice have the Super Bowl MVP?
Speaker 5: Let me double check?
Speaker 2: It had like four touchdowns? They gave it to Steve Young, he had five? What he threw for five or six?
Speaker 5: Let me double check his stats here.
Speaker 2: Because Shanahan was a coach and he said he was gonna make he was gonna throw a nine or something.
Speaker 5: Or Steve was twenty four of thirty six three twenty five for six tds, six tds and Jerry was ten receptions, one hundred and forty nine yards three tds.
Speaker 7: Whoa, man, it's wild that that's not the end stat line.
Speaker 6: I guess the six tds that way six touchdowns, But that's wild.
Speaker 3: Jerry got one though. I think I think he got a Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wayne Gretzky sets the NHL record for eight hundred and two career goals scored March twenty third. It's a great one. It's a wild stat although it was it one of those stats. All Gretzky's records are like unbeatable except this one. Alexander Vetchkin is getting close. I think he's like fifty sixty goals away, but.
Speaker 6: He fall him off the cliff this year, so it might be tough for him to get it.
Speaker 7: But Waykee Gretzky would love to have him on the show, would do anything.
Speaker 3: The great one.
Speaker 7: He's so sick.
Speaker 2: He transcended hockey. He made an American and he's Canadian, but he's so cool. He made hockey American.
Speaker 6: When he when he went from Edmonton to la That that helped with that was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why hockey became hockey. Like now you know I live in in Boston. You know it's always been, but like as not just a niche sport. Gretzky bro Ricky Hendrickson steals it's one thy one hundred career base dude.
Speaker 5: Ricky Legend ended up with like fourteen hundred and three EasTone bases.
Speaker 3: I think he was that with was that with the A's. That was with the A's.
Speaker 5: He was back with the A's at this uh, at this time. That's when speaking of records, no one's gonna break Like I think lou Brock is second, He's like six hundred or something behind him. No one's even close. It's currently playing.
Speaker 2: You know who you want, screaming of records that I'll ever be broke, police long, police chase. O. J.
Speaker 3: Simpson.
Speaker 2: Also this year, it was this year, June seventeenth. I remember we this was such a big thing. I mean, what, I'm eight years old, So how old are you? In your eight I mean what grade you a?
Speaker 7: Generally eight?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: In the second second, yeah, you're in yeah, maybe third.
Speaker 3: I have a kid.
Speaker 2: I remember them rolling. We were watching this until in in in school. Why fuck are we watching this in school? Mid day bro school in the nineties, mid day school, in day school, and.
Speaker 3: Nine days were like, oh, O J. Simpson, little get out.
Speaker 7: June we were driving by a white Bronco.
Speaker 5: We were that was awesome. Shout out O, shoutoutut.
Speaker 2: And this year also Brazil defeats the Italians in the World Cup in the Rose What do.
Speaker 5: You mean that's another great game at the Rose Bowl? What do you know?
Speaker 3: I bet you that would have probably been so that would.
Speaker 5: Be so sick. They should have done the World Cup there.
Speaker 6: This year, it's gonna do World Cup in America here, but it's gonna be a so far not as cool, not as cool.
Speaker 5: Should we hit this legacy?
Speaker 9: Real?
Speaker 3: Coqod hit the legacy?
Speaker 5: This game that we talked about with Eric a little bit of a deep cut to something. It is a regular season game. We we've been doing a lot of playoff, a lot of NFL Super Bowls, all that kind of thing. This was an awesome regular season game. It was number fifty five on the NFL's top one hundred list. Does that feel right to you, guys? Does that placement of this game feel correct? Fifty?
Speaker 2: I mean it's still it was the last time between these two Yep. Yeah, I mean these guys, these guys were the Brady Montana or the Brady Peyton, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like there are two of the biggest Yep.
Speaker 5: Joe John had the edge three to two in all time head to head matchups, but most notably lost Super Bowl fifty five to ten. Joe smacked them.
Speaker 6: They have more super Bowls to more super Bowl We should do is we should take the next forty five minut it's just named fifty four better games.
Speaker 7: I think the listeners will be okay with that nice four hour episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean if you go down the list of like the one hundred, like this is literally like a games with names checklist of.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah, we should do these, Yeah, we should do these.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for all you listeners at home, nineteen well, no one's going to be allied for this game. Sorry. Nineteen fifty eight.
Speaker 3: The greatest game, the greatest game.
Speaker 5: Ever played is number one, the NFL Championship.
Speaker 7: I want to do that game, which is some like just find like an old dude.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a lot of history, there's probably a lot of stuff behind that.
Speaker 5: We've done two of the top ten. I mean, so now we've done three of the top ten. MAC reception we have done now that is Malcolm Butler game is number eight according to their list. Number nine is twenty eight to three. We've done that. David Tyree's helmet catch eighteen and one, that's number five. We have done that. And then the Immaculate Reception thirteen, so I mean.
Speaker 2: Rays come back ever in Super Bowl pretty much in ever ever and then one number eight.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so much Patriot eight.
Speaker 2: I know you look at it, He's got damn lists so much Patriot hate.
Speaker 5: All right, ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Remember one, Joe Cool is one of the greatest nicknames though, big time.
Speaker 5: Even just Joe Montana is a great football name.
Speaker 7: Joe Cool makes want to smoke a cigarette for some reason.
Speaker 5: Like Snoopy, he said, Joe Campbell, we gotta get Joe on. Yeah, that was where you're coming from. Also, we also talked with Eric how Mile High was kind of a house of horrors for Kansas City along with a lot of other teams Jewels. Where does Mile High rank to you amongst the greatest home field advantages in sports?
Speaker 3: I mean it's got to be up there. They've they've knocked this off twice in the AFC Championship. Did you play in the older building or no, No, I played in the new one, newer one.
Speaker 2: I don't think the the altitude hits you like what everyone says it does. Mexico City, Yeah, no, Mexico City. That was like Nandy, that was like ninety thousand, I think six thousand the stadium. But they've had a lot of big wins there, so yeah, I would say I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's good.
Speaker 5: It's up there though, it's definitely up there. Mexico City altitude seven thousand, three hundred and forty nine feet Denver, it sits at five thousand, two hundred and eighty feet in altitude, whereas Mexico City is seven thousand, three hundred and forty nine feet different. So like, yeah, so it's like two thousand feet more in Mexico.
Speaker 3: I'll hit you, I'll hit you.
Speaker 2: Joe joins the Mile High Club, Jackie, that's like that.
Speaker 7: I want to take Eric up on, like just suit a texta what do you call this one?
Speaker 6: Because we're kind of at the bottom of the barrel with some of these games with names.
Speaker 5: He's a he could be a resident Namy. You never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't think he's wants that title.
Speaker 2: He's more forgiving. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think he really wants his text and to say every week, Hey.
Speaker 5: That's true. He just found that modern family money baby. He said, let me get that residie in the mailbox exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Jackie, we missed anything.
Speaker 5: Nah, We're pretty good that episode. Although I will say one thing, I was a little bummed. We didn't get to flesh out a little more. We talked Vince Wilfork throwing the shot put man. That was awesome, So I had to do a little digging. Vince Wilfork was the two thousand state four A champion in shot putting discuss. If my research it's correct, and Santa Lucia's High School in Florida. So shout out to Big Vince throwing that big v I mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Looking at anything.
Speaker 5: I never knew that.
Speaker 3: I mean I knew a ballerina too. He could dance, I.
Speaker 5: Knew the overalls. I knew he was nice on the smoker. I knew he drove the drove the big rig shot put discus. He's a man of renaissances, quick legend, and he could.
Speaker 3: He can make a mean barbecue.
Speaker 5: As far as locker room got cool, guy, was he cool?
Speaker 3: He's like big daddy. Hell yeah, he just kind of stayed in his own little area. Know him as a big daddy.
Speaker 7: I like that one one locker to get two.
Speaker 3: I think he had too.
Speaker 5: Yeah tell at two big Vince's or three or four in my book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big nah.
Speaker 2: I think v big va everyone. I think only Tom had two at the end.
Speaker 5: Oh that's clutch. Big Vanie's a little studio apartment over there in the corner.
Speaker 2: Bro he's a legend, but he was up in the defensive corner, running shop, running it.
Speaker 5: I love it, but no other than that great episode.
Speaker 6: Man final score eight point one two five respectable, maybe a little high star power, a little high, but once again rescoring extravaganza coming out.
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 6: That's okay, it's okay. It's not the worst. It's not the most egregious. Let's just say we've been way worse.
Speaker 3: Let's go hit this hotline again.
Speaker 2: The number is four two four two nine one two two nine zero.
Speaker 9: What's up, Jewels in the Gang. I love when you all describe park the NFL that a fans don't usually get to see. I was wondering if you would like describe those minor annoyances or those small things that suck about life in the NFL, all that a stand wouldn't know about.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 3: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: A lot of great things that come to being an NFL football player. Some of the things that you know that suck are you're put into like this. Everyone watches you, Everyone watches you and someone. Sometimes they don't realize that some of these guys are humans. You know.
Speaker 3: A guy misses a catch, does doesn't.
Speaker 2: Do this, doesn't you know, and it he has a regular life to go back to, and he never gets to escape to that in that specific.
Speaker 3: Moment because of you know, the world we live in.
Speaker 2: So that's tough. Scheduling is tough. People don't realize you spend I know it's regulated a lot more now, but we would spend you know, anywhere from ten to sixteen hours a day in the facility, you know, sacrifice a lot of family relationships, all that kind of stuff. Sacrifice during football season, which rightfully so we get paid a lot of money. But you know, it's tough with you know, you get in, you play a game, you're beat up on the road, all of a sudden, you fly back immediately after, you have meetings that you know, you get in. If it was a Monday night football game, you get in at four or five in the morning, five six hours of sleep. Then you come in, you got to watch the film, get a workout in, like it becomes a grind.
Speaker 3: Now. The first couple of weeks, it's easy, you.
Speaker 2: Know, but when you're battling, your body hurts, you're getting yelled at by your family or someone a wife, girlfriend, This that you know you have to get your like it's it's a lot to manage. So being a professional athlet, being a football player, great thing, but you know there are a lot of tough things that come with being it.
Speaker 6: What about like some like minor workplace type stuff like someone eating your lunch out of the fridge, or like someone using your axe body spread like little like the answer this question as if you're George Constanza.
Speaker 3: I played in New England for twelve years. I won't say no names, but our omelet station guy, I fucked up my omelet way too many times. I'll try to be a nice guy. I love I love my guy.
Speaker 2: We we're cool. But you do remember the time I had to get back there because I got I got so mad about it. I went back and made my own goddamn amlet.
Speaker 5: How would he mess it up?
Speaker 3: Over burning? Or sometimes it'd be raw in certain areas.
Speaker 7: You know, is this like a French style amlet or like an American diner?
Speaker 3: No, bro, it's like fucking omelet station.
Speaker 2: You got a guy sitting here fucking putting shit in your goddamn omelet and it's my guy. I love him, I love him. I never said anything to him. I never said anything to him, but I would go back. It would be six in the morning, five forty five in the morning, and they were rum my goddamn day every time.
Speaker 5: Then you got to go back through the line and you want a little trail mix, and you see your coach reaching in there with his bare hands.
Speaker 2: That's another thing. Workplace fucking cleansiness. Okay, you can't be running off the goddamn field in a humid August Boston day, Foxborough day, sweaty, stinky, scratching your fucking balls off practice, mess around your goddamn jock and put your hand in the fucking the nuts, oh brother, Or take a fucking you know, or take some.
Speaker 3: Of the grapes, like, oh, you know what I mean, because we have.
Speaker 2: We had every fucking thing you could think of, every fruit, this, that, and the other. Well, you know, guys, after COVID, everyone was cleaned, everyone was starting, but before that many guys were going in there grabbing some shit. Coach, I've seen you a few times not use the goddamn Scooper.
Speaker 3: I had to call you out, bro.
Speaker 5: Nothing like a little time.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't eat from that thing because you know that they don't replace the bottom of the nuts, so you know that there's still that shit up in there.
Speaker 7: Hey, there's some championship nuts done deep in there.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should go go go to the well. Maybe we should go to the well.
Speaker 8: Boys.
Speaker 1: It's Jordan from Boston, love the program.
Speaker 8: I think I think two things. Number one, Kyler, thanks for calling guests out on given everything a ten like, come on, Mark Cubans ten out of ten for everything. Come on, get real one game. I need you guys to do right. Well for you guys to do get Venitary on the tuck rule game, go through that playoff run, epic kicks, greatest kicker of all time, first ballot, Hall of Famer. Need him on the show boys, love to keep it up, go pass.
Speaker 3: Definitely gotta give Vnitary on. He's jacked right now too.
Speaker 5: Sultan Pepper Salt and Pepper, gray Beard ripped.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be off him right, first ballot is gonna be Is he gonna be the first kicker?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Morton Anderson not Gary Morton Anderson is like the only kicker him and like Ray guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's a punter.
Speaker 7: Which game do you do so many? He'd be a great one for the Panthers. The Panthers super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was epic duck rule game.
Speaker 5: Now we probably wouldn't get him.
Speaker 7: Is like a documentary.
Speaker 5: We talk about it. Oh Yan staner Rude and Morton Anderson are the only two first ballot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy made so many clutch kicks.
Speaker 5: Justin will be next.
Speaker 2: Hey, people forget about Steve Gskowski though, don't forget about old Stevie.
Speaker 3: Steve had a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of kicks and for a long time he had like the record for career average. You know, it wasn't until he sucked up his hip. People sleep on Steve Goskowski. Man, we got a lot of Super Bowls because of him. But I you know, Adam just have the you got the memorable shots, the kickoff, the light's going.
Speaker 7: Someone someone did a tweet the super Bowl just happened.
Speaker 2: That was like saying, like the kickoff of the the whole thing, fantasy.
Speaker 6: Right, the thing, but like the kickoff, like the start the super Bowl.
Speaker 7: It's got all the flashing lights and.
Speaker 6: Like so many tweet it's like the era of that is over because everyone's on their cell phone, no one's got the flash flash, so it's just kind of like the Flash Bowls were tight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that first shout with all the lights.
Speaker 5: Just like just like we're talking about with the no more Monday night football or you don't have the luster like this game.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, Well thank you Jordan. Great, you're smart, intelligent human being. We all appreciate you.
Speaker 7: This was a ten calling.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Jordan is one of your buddies. You put up this because he's not.
Speaker 6: But he has a four win three numbers, so we're very Kin's spirit. Thank you, Jordan, Tyler, Jordan that loves the Russian judge.
Speaker 8: Thank y'all. Just got a quick question, Uh, are the Cowboys going to the Super Bowl next year? I really think it's our year next year. I knew it was supposed to be this year and the year before, but I really think next year is gonna be our year.
Speaker 5: Spoken like every Cowboys fan ever, they'd be good for the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if they go in and they it just seems like it's the same thing every year with them, real good regular season light jokers up that need to be lit up bad teams battle two of the really good teams really good maybe sneaker went away and when it comes to playoffs, man, I don't know, for whatever reason, they gotta get that.
Speaker 5: Money off their back something. I mean, like, yeah, win a couple players, and you always know there's gonna be one or two games they drop to, like like the Cardinals or somebody this year, they're gonna drop. Always sneaky though, right, But I mean, like one team like that, they're gonna alwaysdrop, like one game they shouldn't lose during the year and they're not gonna get home field in the.
Speaker 3: Playoffs and they're gonna lose to get a running back.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If only there was some coach out there with a winning pedigree.
Speaker 7: It was just there.
Speaker 5: Mike McCarthy, Yeah, yeah, what about this though?
Speaker 2: I was just thinking about that, who's the one coach that knows how to stop Andy Reid's offense? Bill?
Speaker 5: I saw some I saw a wild fan theory on TikTok last night that they would bring Bill in his d C in San Francisco. I was like, what are you talking about? Is that's even saying to you?
Speaker 3: No, Billy that was gonna say Bill is deep?
Speaker 5: But get out of here, some jokes, trying to reason it out.
Speaker 2: I felt like he always he always knew how to dial up against Andy always. I mean, I know we had d s'son that's Bill, we had DC's and that's Bill. Heiny, nobody had titles. He saw that for years. You know d c's Bill.
Speaker 5: Go into arrowhead Tyreekilly doesn't scare us.
Speaker 7: Even the Eagles Eagle super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yah, Donovan mc map you can in the huddle, toyo toota broken leg. Freddie Mitchell where used to dude, I hate fred X screw them. Yeah, he's in our comments talking smack too. Now, just won't go away, get out of here, buddy.
Speaker 7: Has Bill ever say anything about Freddy Mitchell ever?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: Okay, just that one.
Speaker 2: Clip I would say, who Yeah, I don't know cowboys. I mean, come on, we got we got some some demons to overcome, and that demons just so happened to be the way to get to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: So a little more salt on that egg McMuffin, maybe it'll get you.
Speaker 3: May get some garlic or is that vampires? It works, it'll work for this. Get some garlic, get some sage.
Speaker 2: You pull Aaron rodd didn't Aaron Rodgers sage something or Kyrie in the garden? Okay, we need a sage, we need garlic, and we need silver, just to start stabbing, like just in case something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, should bury something.
Speaker 5: Slash say once slash, get right, slash overcome our demons. Maybe they gotta sacrifice Tony Romo after the funneled snap ever since then, I mean, I mean even better. So we love you.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get They're gonna they're gonna get their cornerback. I mean we'll see.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hey, Jules, we gotta get some knowledge and get some info.
Speaker 8: What's the story on Jack's behind the deck running the show. He's got you know, he's doing all the things behind the.
Speaker 4: Scenes, bring them into the light.
Speaker 8: What what's his story? Where do you come from?
Speaker 5: I didn't see. I mean, I'm actually pretty good in the voicemail. I never saw this question.
Speaker 7: I snake.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, old Jackie story. Do we give him the abridge?
Speaker 2: Davison?
Speaker 5: Davison, I mean I hail from Davidson, Yes, North Carolina. North Carolina's where I hail from. I I work for Coast Productions, Julian's production company. To is writing some creative development, some producing stuff alongside Kyler and is off and.
Speaker 3: He's a Bay magnet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there we go, Je, the dms are open. Yeah. I don't know, well, I don't know what a basketball guy.
Speaker 7: You were a scholarship manager at basketball manager.
Speaker 5: Let me see what else. I don't know, not.
Speaker 2: Much to tell.
Speaker 6: When we first hired Jack, he came in with like pages of like this is when we were doing like the Smoothie Time and Burger Time.
Speaker 7: Skits and ship. He had like pages of like sketches.
Speaker 6: That he like wrote, I'm kind of I kind of think you did you move to Boston to like take an interview?
Speaker 5: I was, no, I was. I was living there already. I was sleeping on couches, crashing in Boston with my boys. Pat and Anton helped Jules do his prep for inside the NFL before this and that came sitting in Fox and now kind of the resident sort of stat guy over here. But as far as running the show goes, No, Kyler and on the show rundown running you're you're.
Speaker 7: The heart of the show.
Speaker 3: You're a spark plug, buddy, and oh my goodness, what else A little piece that this makes such a big difference.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks guys. But yeah, I'm over here pulling stats and googling stuff and chiming in and that's I don't know, that's the story.
Speaker 3: You'll learn more.
Speaker 5: I'll learn more.
Speaker 2: I'm like an onion, baby, You'll be back like a blooming onion from my back.
Speaker 5: Dip in there.
Speaker 3: What an episode. Thanks again to Eric Stone.
Speaker 2: Street street street, compound word, last name, compound word, last name uh. And thank you to the wind in Las Vegas. That was awesome. Follow Games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat. See you next week. Games and Names is the production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.