Speaker 1: What's up, friends, and welcome in too, Fantasy Pros MLB. This is cleaning Up. I am Chris Welsh, joined by Joe Rico, where we are live on our Fantasy Pros discord, talking with the amazing people and talking with you on the podcast. Love to have you guys here. Thank you guys for joining us. As we it's kind of an open forum show. As we get some of these people in dropping questions, we will be either bringing them on or going through We've got some topics that we can hit as well, my friends. So mister Joe Rico, thank you so much for filling in for me. You had a couple had a couple of days on the on the Big show. You're up in the majors there, mister Joe Rico, up on leading off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been shuffled back and forth from TRIPAA to the Majors and back a couple of times this year.
Speaker 2: But it's good, you know. It gives me a little bit of practice for.
Speaker 3: Later in the year when Joey p and later on you will go to football and get the audience familiarized with me. I did a lot of stuff in the off season, but for just leading off listeners to try and reintroduce myself.
Speaker 2: So it does work out. But good to have you back, man.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, like the Edward oliveris, but you know your production is much better than that Edward oliveris just from the do you remember that year where he had it felt like four good jillion just send ups and downs all season long. But your production is quite above the oli Varius level.
Speaker 2: My friend, Well, thank you. I appreciate that. I very much appreciate that.
Speaker 1: You are very very very welcome. But glad to have people in here, Glad to have people hanging with us, and always funny in this as well, because people are remembering baseball show. I think we had some football people that jumped in here as football season is closely coming in. As you said, we've got, you know, piece of Pia that is going to be making that move over. I'll be making a version of that but a little bit later. But all your offerings here, but we do not leave you without some baseball before we get to it, getting some of our our boys and girls in here, dropping some questions, filling that up ranks. We are a day away from the first of the next month, July, halfway point of the season, all Star games coming around. We all kind of do ranks a little bit differently. Some people might go in like monthly pushes. I over on Fantasy Pros, me Mike Mayer think Kelly Kirby does it, and I think we're kind of the big core. We will continuously do pretty much weekly rest of season ranks where you're trying to find this dance between the guy's current value obviously where they're at, you know, for the season, but balancing in like injuries. That's always a really tough one, you know, and like a guy like Catcher is a perfect market for it, where you know you're looking at values and you're going, okay, right now, duh. You know, Drake Baldwin is producing and Ivan Herrera is not. But finding the rank with a guy like Ivan Herrera who's on the IL versus what the rest of season production is versus guys that are producing, now, that's the dance that ends up happening with ranks. So I've got my rest of season ranks and you might do yours, just kind of like a little bit different. But what I'm curious about here, to start at the show off, Joe, is do you have a guy or too that jumps out that from the last time you had touched your ranks to today or yesterday whenever you just finished them, that made big, massive, significant jumps for you. For whatever reason, it is sometimes I just kind of like, especially doing rest of season, you just don't put a hyper focus on somebody. I've got a guy or too, but who's a player too that really got like a big boost for you and your rank update.
Speaker 3: So there are a couple that jump out, particularly in third base. There was a lot of movement because third base has been a bit of a dumpster fire, but we have had some decent performances come out of the woodwork as well. So there's a couple of guys. I'm going to be called a homer and that's okay. But I've moved Addison Barger up to a top ten third base spot. He's at number ten, and I've also moved up Ernie Clement V who is at number fifteen for me right now. They have been so good for the last month plus Ernie Clement really for a couple months now, and the Blue Jays offense as a whole just finished off the month of June where they were one of the better teams in baseball, specifically on the offensive.
Speaker 2: Side, starting with Barger.
Speaker 3: When I look at what he's done, you know, especially the improvements from last year to this season. The strikeout rate being at twenty four percent is really solid. He gets on base at a three to twenty clip, which isn't crazy, but the power nine home runs in fifty nine games, and.
Speaker 2: It's backed up by the data.
Speaker 3: Thirteen and a half percent barrel, fifty three percent hard hit. The max ev at one sixteen is nice. The launch angle is really good, and the play discipline metrics are all really strong with him as well. He's cut down in his chase rate. The end zone contact at eighty seven percent is really good. Swinging strike rate, he's made improvements there as well. He's only at eleven percent. I think across the board, Adison Barger has arrived, especially being somebody who is consistently in the top three or four of that Blue Jays lineup. There's a lot accounting stats that are going to come from him, and I think the power is really legit. So I put him at ten.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't get any question.
Speaker 3: Let's stop there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's stop there for one second, because what I want to do, I'm looking at Fantasy Pro's ranks, and we'll take Vlad off of it because Lad technically qualifies there based on like the most open world of position eligibility. If I take Vlad off and I'm trying to see who someone else could I take it, I don't think I could take anybody else off weird position wise, I would have Barger at let's say best fourteen, because I think I got him at fifteen or no, I'm sorry fifteen. Who is right below Barger for you that you pushed him above rest of season?
Speaker 3: Have him above Jordan Westberg. I have him above Alec Bohm and Mark Fientos. Those are the guys who are directly below him. Also Nolan ernadoum.
Speaker 1: Okay, then okay, So here are guys that I have above Jaziramirez Manny Machado, Jazz Devers, Cam and Arrow, Riley Bregman Chapman. Those are not a question right.
Speaker 3: So I didn't have Bregman in because I didn't rank injured players. I should have probably specified that I don't have guys who are if there's somebody who is coming back this week, then I put them in, but guys who we don't have a clear timeline on. I don't have Bregman there, but if Bregman was healthy, absolutely, like do you have chat I just don't know. Uh no, again, because it's the injured thing. I didn't I didn't have Chapman on there. Chapman would be Chapman and Barger is kind of interesting. I think they'd be pretty close. I don't know. I wouldn't feel strongly going one or the other there. I think it's probably Barger, but I think it's I think it's a reasonable conversation to have between those two.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here are then these players are not injured. Johanniel Suarez, Preetis, MIKEL. Garcia, Cam Smith, Brendan Donovan. Qualifies Barger over every single one of them for.
Speaker 3: You, So I wouldn't have him over a Uhannio Suarez, can you say those again one more time?
Speaker 1: Suarez, Paradis, MIKEL Garcia, Cam Smith, Brendan Donovan.
Speaker 3: I have Parades at seven, MIKEL Garcia at eight, cam Smith is at fifteen, but I could probably put cam Smith up a couple more spots.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I just want to do the math to figure out, like I think it's a general vicinity, like I do rank Bregman and Chapman. I've got Paradis, I got Garcia above, I got cam Smith above. I think it's close. I think he's in that range. We're not too far off. I want to throw this about Ernie Clement. Bogman and I were doing this really interesting thing joking about how he's like a poor man's Luisa Rise. Did you know Ernie Clement has the same amount of runs as Luisa Rise, the same amount of homers, the same amount of stolen bases, but he has a better batting average and a better obp Ernie Clement versus Luisa Rise. He is cvs Luisa Rise. Right now, Louise Rice does have more RBIs, but he also has more bats. So an interesting take, just to kind of go with you a little bit on Ernie Clement. Any other guys you want to throw out that got some rank jumps. I've got some as well. I just want to give you the floor if you do.
Speaker 3: Ernie is just I'm not going to go on about him, but he's been unbelievable this year. If you're just looking at war, he is more winsbubperplacement than Matt Olson, Pete Alonzo, Manny Machado like that, both sides of the ball.
Speaker 2: He's been just so good.
Speaker 3: I'm going to a couple of guys who have kind of fallen down the rankings, and it's mostly on the pitching side, Bailey ober Zach Gallen, Sandy al Contra. I have Gallen and ober right at the bottom here. I did a top seventy five update and Gallon at seventy Ober at seventy five. They're both they're both coming out. I can't do it anymore. And also I have Dustin May at the end here as well, at number seventy two. He has been just awful this year. So those guys like I have them at the back end here. I'm gonna still, you know, move around a couple of guys over the next couple of days here, and especially heading into the All Star break. I'll continue to tinker, but I have lost essentially all faith with Gallin, El Contra, May and over. It's it's ugly, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some I moved Carroll down. Nothing crazy. I'm a worry. I'm just kind of worried in general about this injury, the risk fracture that it's going to that more power. I just had him really high. I made sure, like James Wood deservedly is higher, you know, can be higher than rest of season. I'm going to bank on it. He took a little bit of a dip from me. Andy Pajus has taken a huge rise over my last couple updates Byron Buxton as well. I mean rest of season. Would you rather have Byron Buckston or Michael Harris?
Speaker 3: Oh it's Byron Buxton without questions, Yeah, yeah, I have. Michael Harris is at fifty seven in my outfield rankings, which maybe is too low, but is it I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got him in the forties right now, so I moved him down. It's interesting you mentioned like third base positionally. Another guy that I took a big boost for is brooks Lee. Brooks Lee has taken a big jump up in my ranks to seventy seven eight homers, a stolen base. You know, he's missed some time. He seems to be really kind of locking in another Minnesota Twins and Saddana Rafaela is the other one that was the one that I was really thinking about that I I had just had I didn't realize I had so low, but he's just sneaking up on it. A double digit homer stolen base first half, two fifty three, nine homers, eleven stolen bases so far this year. As of recent he's got three homers since June twentieth, which is pretty nice little stolen base in there. He's got hits in five of his last seven games, Like he's just kind of locked in, and even though he's been more of a defensive guy, he just deserved a little bit more respect. I just had him super low, but in the same vein of like if you're going to bank on the McClain's or whatever, like I boosted him up. And one other is Brandon Lao is having an absolutely ridiculous season, qualifying it first and second. But you know, Brandon Lao I had in the teams, but I moved him up and I don't even know if it's justifiably high enough yet, but I've got him right near the top five of second basement rest of season. Obviously, what he's done think Yahoo's player Raider has him is like the number one second basement, but he is a legit shot to finish as the like I would say top, I mean easily inside the top three is within reach for him to finish this season. So I'm a big believer. I don't know any thoughts on any of those guys that I've made some big rank jumps on.
Speaker 3: So I'll start with Brandon Lao. I have him at eight. I moved him up as well. The only thing that keeps me from moving him up even a couple spots higher is just his history of not being able to stay on the field and just to worry that eventually that's going to come back to bite us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his at bats are close to like what he did last year. You're like, oh god, in the next ninety at bats, this is where he gets hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did a trade short couple weeks ago now, and just going over his career, he played one hundred and forty nine games in twenty twenty one, and every other season that's been forty three, eighty two, fifty six, sixty five, one oh nine, one oh seven. So I just don't have a ton of confidence that he's gonna be able to stay on the field, just based on this track record. If we were just removing injuries and turned off the injury sliders, then he is, you know, top five pretty easily. I just kind of bake in some of the injury risk into those rankings and that's why he's a little bit lower. But it's unimpeachable production. So far this season, he's on pace to go thirty five, one hundred and one hundred with a good batting average with Brandon Law, and that's something that's not really been that consistent over the years. The batting average is kind of bounced around the last couple of years two forty, two, thirty two, twenty one, but he's back up at two seventy five and the Babbit is at three fifteen, So it's not like it's a huge babboit running the show. He's just been fantastic Sadain in Raphaela as well. Like I don't I don't really know what to make of him in the long run, necessarily because some of the offensive metrics are still not great. Like even with his production this year, he's in ninety five WRC plus the swinging strike rate is still sixteen percent. He chases every thing, he'll swing at literally anything, So there are still some concerns. But if you're just looking at the fantasy production, he's pacing out to do a little bit better than what he did last year. He had fifteen and nineteen last year. He's probably gonna end up with, you know, maybe seventeen homers and maybe twenty steel something like that. But where he has made massive gains is in the hard hit data. Really, the barrel rate's gone from seven percent to twelve, hard hit from forty six, or from thirty six to forty six, the max ev one oh eight to one twelve, and on average the average eggit velocity I think is more important than the max. He's gone from eighty six to ninety. So there is a lot to really like here. And he's also underperforming his expected batting average, he's expected slugging in his expected wOBA A lineup. Sucks, but he's gonna play. He's definitely gonna play. And I think that he is somebody that probably should be a little bit higher in my own rankings. I'm just looking where I put him, and I had him as my number fifty two outfielder. Just looking at that, it might be I might be selling him short a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he'll also qualify at second in some spots, So yeah, you know something, the position eligibility kind of opens it all up. And when you pair it against injuries and stuff like that, Like you know, Anthony Santander is like an impossible one. You know, he's just been out forever. We don't know what's going on. He was bad, but you know what the power is. But it's like he just can't bake on Joe Adele. I think Joe Adell, like in the profile of what he's done this month, it is staring us right in the face. But it's like how much longer? It's an interesting game to play. You guys want to check out the ranks, you can do it over at fantasypros dot com. You can go there. You can check out all of the rest of season ranks. It also powers some of the tools into my playbooks, So go and check that out. We update those again me and mayor update it like definitely every week. I'm not one hundred percent on Kelly's but I'm finishing that up today. If you guys want to check out what some of those rest to season look like and some of those player valuations and trades. Of course, it'll trade analysis. If you guys want to be a part of the show. Fantasypros dot Com slash Discord. Get that bam takes you over to Discord. You can sign up for free join the Fantasy Pros Discord with tons and tons of rooms football, there's baseball. You guys obviously care about the baseball. We got the cleaning up room, which you can do for absolutely free. We've got I see a Leading Off mail bag. We've got our MLB General Channel, and then you can even upgrade it where you can get there's an MLB Trade Advice waiver wire. Those are on the premium side. Do that today Fantasypros dot Com slash chat and join us every Monday at five pm Eastern where we are here in the football season, we do them as well. Just a really cool community. I see some of the awesome people, and I see Van Rod who's in the community as well in Leading Off. And we got our boy mctunda, who's got the hand raise. So let's bring on mctonda's becoming a regular on here. Let's bring up mctunda.
Speaker 3: What's up, dude, Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 1: Doing good? Man?
Speaker 2: Hold on man, I got a couple questions there for you.
Speaker 4: First, one rest of the season. Do you like Kyle Teel or Sean Murphy.
Speaker 1: Ooh, so I like the production of Kyle Teal right now. But there's a couple of caveats to this. The Braves look like they're trying to move Sean Murphy. They want to get out from under him. He hasn't been great, He's only hitting like two twenty, but he's got a lot of home run power. I just wonder if he goes to his because Drake Baldwin's knocking on the door, and I wonder if Sean Murphy leaves and he goes to a spot where maybe he gets more playing time a team that needs a catcher, and that benefits him, that benefits Drake Baldwin. Where Kyle Teal. My only problem with him is they've also got like Edgar Carrow there, so they've got two catchers and you're not seeing Teal play in the outfield. So all of that said, I think I'm gonna side on potentially Sean Murphy because I think he's just gonna get that continued, continued play time. But I think Teal is right there. And the winner of all of it, by the way, is as Sean Murphy goes, it's all about Drake Baldwin. What do you think, Rico, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not a big Sean Murphy guy. I have to heel ranked higher. I understand the appeal, Like the power is still good when he's able to make contact, but he's also a thirty percent strikeout rate guy to twenty six batting average. He was at one ninety three last year. I just see Teal. It feels weird to say the White Sox asset feels safer, but he just does feel a lot safer considering how often he gets on base. He hasn't hit a home run yet, but he's barreling the ball up twelve percent of the time with a forty four percent hard hit expected patting averages too eighty six, expected slugging is five eleven. Like the better days are ahead for him in terms of the actual production. He's hitting three nineteen, but you know we're only looking at six runs and four rippies. There are better days ahead, especially in OBP. I would take Teal, But even if we're just talking standard five by five, I think I would still go with Teal here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think Teal is actually more thing about the better answer, because like, if you want it now, you want Teal. Both of these guys are inversions of platoons, but Teal is the one that's producing. And if Murphy a lot of the stuff I laid out was like speculative stuff with Sean Murphy. So yeah, I think Till is the answer. What else? What else did you have? Mctanda?
Speaker 4: The other question I had for if you had a dream scenario like one player going to a contender or somebody being sold to the right team for the right scenario for fantasy.
Speaker 1: Who would it be, Like do you mean that in a person that is viably to be traded or like any in the world viably?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely viably, because I mean we would all would let you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're like, oh yeah, we just start dreaming about random players. Okay, So here you're you got to think of the like logical candidates. I think Jared Durand belongs in this conversation. Rico al contra Mitch Keller trying to think of other guys that are in trade rumors. I mean, Chris Sale has been photoed, but the Braves are winning again, So I'm just throwing out a couple, you take it wherever you want. Dream scenario of guy that logically, most likely logically could be traded goes to where.
Speaker 3: Oh man, well, this is kind of I don't know how realistic this is. It's probably not terribly realistic, but if we're talking about dream scenarios, I'm kind of still hoping that Mike Trout gets traded at some point, and just looking at the Phillies outfield, the fact that he is from there, that's one that I would love to see happen, especially considering what we've gotten out of Max Kapler this year. I think he could pretty easily take over that role. I don't think it's terribly likely, just because of the contract, But if we're talking about like a dream destination, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but the dream was also like someone that maybe is being talked about being traded. I think you're still as okay that. I don't think we've had any other new firm, Like there's zero chrance Mike Trout gets traded. But he didn't mean like, you know, let's put show Altani in Colorado like that type of ooh yeah, someone that could viably, But I think you're still kind of will count we'll count it.
Speaker 3: As a as a blue Jay fan. One thing that I can say is kind of interesting. I don't know if this specific connection has been made, but the Pirates have a few players that they're probably gonna be selling if they're you know, if they're gonna be running properly. But that's a whole other conversation. But I just think Brian Reynolds, David Bednar, Mitch Keller, some combination of two of those guys head into Toronto would be something I would absolutely love to see as a.
Speaker 2: Blue Jay fan.
Speaker 3: Preferably if we're getting like Reynolds and Bednar shore up the pen, get another solid outfielder. I know Reynolds hasn't had a great season, but we're currently throwing Jonathan Classe out there a couple times a week. David Schneider started yesterday and left field, So that's something I would absolutely love to see as a blue Jay fan.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think, like I wanted to say that Jared Durand to the Padres thing, but it's not a great hitting environment for him to be in, so I don't think that is like that's a huge benefit. One that flashed to me was like Jared Durand to the Braves would be awesome if they really consider you know, they already talked about these trades and if maybe that had come up, like Jared Duran being in Atlanta because you know, Profar can't be there for the playoffs, they just decide to make this like big move, and maybe Ozuna goes as well. Like that would be a destination where I'm like, damn, that really really fits and he's kind of I don't know if that that conversation has ever been had, but like that one jumps out to me. Mitch, Mitch Keller going to the Cubs. It's not like a dream scenario, but it's just like, get him on a winning team, you know, Mitch Keller maybe going to like you know, the Padres or the you know, like a really pitching friendly environment with great offense would be really great. But like I think the Cubs, I think they kind of qualify that. I'd love to see Mitch Keller and like san Dio Contra trated to drive Line, you know what I mean, like somebody fixed him, Like whatever the hell's going on with That's what I want. But maybe Sandy go into you know, like the like the Mets. You know, like the Mets have done a really good job. Yeah, Like the Mets have done a great job in their player development pitching wise, that I feel like maybe they could and they Lance Prazosi did that study where it was like, you know, they minor league major league have like the highest average fastball, Like, maybe they could fix some stuff. So do you do you like that Sandy one to the Mets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that something has to change. This is untenable at this point. Like, I know, some of the expected numbers are a bit better, but he has a seven ERA at the halfway point of the season. This is not working. And you know, I don't think that it would just be an immediate fix going anywhere, because I think that it's something about just coming off of the surgery and his command is still not there. The strikeouts rates are down. But going to a team like the Mets, who have turned around so many careers over the past couple of seasons. Tyler McGill, people were kind of writing him off. David Peterson, no one was really sure what he was going to be. Griffin Canning turned in a really good season. He's done now, but they have some real success stories Clay Holmes. There's a lot of good success stories out of the Mets organization over the last couple of years, and Sandy could be a prime candidate. I just wonder what the trade would look like, because I don't know how much value Sandy has at this point given what he's done. But he has a pretty team friendly contract for the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: So hes like I wonder if the ptrational years or something.
Speaker 2: Like that he's got.
Speaker 3: He's signed through twenty six with a club option for twenty seven at eleven million, so that's like super team friendly if they can, if they can fix him, what it would it cost the Mets one of their top pitching prospects, You.
Speaker 1: Think, uh no, I don't. I think that's the problem is you're not getting a top now. See the Mets will have quite a few guys, but you're not gonna get Tong, You're not gonna get Spraught. Maybe you could get Tidwell, but I think you're looking at a trade that's probably closer to like two mid tierish prospects. You know, maybe it's a Tidwell and then maybe it's I don't know, maybe you know, maybe you can pull off Ronnie Mauricio, like, where the hell are they ever going to play him? I'm not one hundred percent sure what it looks like. And the reason I'm not is because I don't, like you said, I don't understand Sandy's value right now, controllable, but he stinks and then he was amazing and then fell apart again. Like I he threw everything in the zone in that diamondback start. It's crazy slider you want to throw sliders also not in the zone. By the way, everything was in the zone. Every slider was in the zone. And guess what, every sinker was high up in the zone. So it's like in the low just look for us, you know, look for offspeed low, look for anything fast high. Even if you don't understand the break and stuff like that. If you don't throw, if you throw everything in zone and then your your fastballs are all up and your breaking stuff is all low, kind of an easier thing for hitters to adjust to, even if like they're you know, do you have a great this and that. It's just like, okay, we know what the top and the low of the zone looks like, and you go from there. So that's why I'm saying like, I don't understand. I don't understand Sandy. I don't know what his trade value looks like in fantasy. I don't know if you can even trust him anymore. I don't know what team would trade for him, and I don't know what it costs. In the Marlins, they may end up just going, you know what, but screw this. You know he's so bad right now, we still have years of control. We're much better doing this in the off season if he can write some stuff the rest of the way, and that's where we might be heading unless the team is aggressive. So I don't know, dude, I do not know.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: Let's let's look at some questions. Some of the people in the chat dropped us some questions. The Big Dance said, I saw Jikib Mizerowski on the trade video. Is Valdez a fair trade target or do I need to aim lower? Maybe Schwellenbach. This is a keeper least by the way, that's not lower. By the way, Schwellenbach is not looking lower, but this is a ten team roto keeper that changes the value of Misowski. Do you think Valdez. I know you're not the biggest keeper guy, but do you think Valdez or Schwellenbach too hire too low for a guy like Miz.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you can get either one, I would absolutely do it. And this is why I put him in the trade video that I did, is because people are already talking about him as a top fifth or top twenty starting pitcher. So if somebody is willing to give you Schwellenbach or Framber, you should absolutely do that.
Speaker 1: I prefer no human being is giving you Schwellenbach. That is, if you can get Schwellenbach, you do it. No one's doing that. Valdez is a little bit different, maybe with age, I think you yeah, I don't know. That's a tough one, Like it might have to be like you get Miserowski in a pick and you trade Valdez and maybe like you know, another win now piece. Like to me, that's a matchup of like a not winning this year team is trading for Miz and a pick and they're trading away Valdez. Like I see that, Schwellenbach is arguably still a top like two or I'm sorry, top like six to ten starter in keeper leagues, somewhere in that range. And the Big Dance says he offered mis and Peralta for Schwellenbach, Freddy Peralta and Miserowski for Schwellenbach. You might actually like you might want to get something back on that now too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, my selling of Miserowski is more redraft based. If we're talking dynasty carlt is really really solid too. I think I think I agree with well, so you could probably get a second piece back there if it's just one for one, though, would you trade Miserowski for Framber if that was the only deal? Would you do it one for one.
Speaker 1: If I'm like a losing team. I don't know if I do. I know that sounds crazy. It's just like Miserrowski is one of those guys that it was like he has the potential to be number one overall pitching prospect. Then he walked everybody in the world. And he's so much younger, you know. I mean, I think he's got he's in he what twenty two to twenty three, He's got seven or eight years on Valdez. But Framber's having an insane season two two seven to two era. He's already up over one hundred innings, He's got nine wins, on the year. Like you, I like to work in three year windows, so you probably have three incredible years in front of him. It's just Miss has got you know, the best years are still in front and his stuff it looks so frickin' unhittable. His juice is so high. Maybe that does make sense. But I think if you're trading away Mis for Peralta or I'm sorry, Miz for Valdez, where you have to do is you've got to find a way that you're getting another future asset and if you have to get so that's the way. That's the dance where I don't like it straight up, but it makes lots of sense. Now, if I'm trading miss and I'm getting Valdez, let me get a pickback, and then maybe I got to give you, you know, some other workable piece that helps you, like a closer that I don't care about, you know right now, where you know rold As Chapman gives you saves. It's that type of dynasty. Is such a weird dance you have to do with trades in a vacuum. Yeah, maybe Mis for Valdez kind of makes sense for the winning team versus the rebuilding team. But Misowski has the potential to be like Valdez's value next season and then do it for ten more years. That's the problem trading him.
Speaker 3: Like where does Mesrowski slot into your Dynasty rankings? Is he a top fifty in top twenty, top thirty, Like how high are you on him?
Speaker 1: So I don't I don't positionally break down. I have it in the rank, but I don't like I don't have like the Dynasty pictures and I don't like physically look at them. What I can tell you, let me look at Miss and that may be something I need to add to that. It's just a formatting sheet thing. I have Miss inside my top eighty overall players, So you know pictures, I mean, I can do like a rough look here, like I want two, three, four, five, six. I'm just doing this real quick, seven eight nine. I have ten pictures inside my top fifty. So that and I'm just doing a little glancy glance probably roughly makes him SP eight twenty to eighteen. Let's call it just just I'm roughly just throwing out numbers in there, and I have it. I just did a new update on my patroon, by the way, and in this thing dot com. But there are some questions in there as well, like I really still love McClanahan, but if he if he like reinjures himself, he would come off that list. So he's somewhere in that general range of twenty to fifteen. I think sp dynasty already, but Framber because I value in three year windows. He's near there, but I have him below Miz in my dynasty ranks. So like that's where I'm giving you this weird advice where I'm like, I would you know, I kind of would want more, you know, like if you're winning now, I have Mis hiring dynasty, but his value for a win now is more important. So it's I'd go on and on about the quirks of dynasty and stuff like that. But you know, he's almost thirty two years old. You know, I've got Mis higher than Peralta, I've got miss higher than Valdez, but I have Schwellenbach over Miserowski in my dynasty. Yeah makes sense, Okay, a good dynasty. It's fun talking dynasty. Da da da dinner says, hey, boys, are we dropping Westburg at all? I have him in like three points leagues and his injuries have been brutal. Would you drop for someone like Otto, Lopez, Stott or McKinstry. What do you think?
Speaker 3: I don't really have a huge problem with it. I think like, based on my rankings, I probably wouldn't do it. But I just have a hard time thinking we're gonna get a ton out of Westburg, kind out of the Orioles really in general, just based on what we've seen this year. They've been a little bit better as of late. But he's he's such a wild card, Like he's out again today, he's not on the lineup.
Speaker 2: It's a finger.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to be a situation that keeps him out a long time necessarily, But when he's been out there this year, he's been eying nothing exceptional. I wouldn't mind streaming in that spot. Otto Lopez just had an incredible week and Zach McKinstry has been low key kind of great for a while, So I really don't mind using as a streaming spot. There's a chance that could come back to bite you in the end, though, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: In smaller leagues you can just not worry about it and do it leagues. He didn't say he didn't say what type of format. It's a little bit more of a question. But then throwing points and it's like, now he's leaving a little bit less valuable. His strikeouts are up this year, his walks are okay, it's a little bit up year over year. The injuries are a really big problem. He's just he's just weird right now. Like I think he's underperforming to a level that you know he's going to be better. But his XBA has dropped down to two fifty the mounting injuries. He's whiffing a lot this year. The k percentage is bad. Like, based on those guys, I'm gonna guess this is at least a twelve team league. Otto Lopez is really hot right now, Stott. I think you could kind of like run in and out. I think you could stream if those are the guys that are out there. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. Everything being fair, I want Westburg rest of season over all those guys. But if there's a constant churning, like I don't think anyone's going to jump to pick up Westburg right now, So why don't you pick up Otto Lopez for the next week? See if he gets, you know, get some of that run that he he just had. Unfortunate, he's not going to get the Diamondbacks every day, and then see if you can pick Westburg back up if he shows he's healthy and he starts hitting a tiny bit. If not, Stock might be a decent replacement. So the Big Dance just lost Jeremy Pania and I'm afraid he's going to be out for the season. With the way the Astros handle injuries lately, I'm actually pretty optimistic. They said it's a small fracture, and with the All Star break coming up, I think that's going to give him. They didn't say the timeline because they're super mysterious and don't say anything. Assuming this isn't the same fracture that Corbyn Carroll had. If it's a small fracture, maybe it's two weeks. He gets a little time to heal. I think he's back by August first. I feel very confident saying he's backed by August first. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I don't feel any confidence saying anything about this.
Speaker 1: Situations or the injury because.
Speaker 3: Of the Astros, because three days ago they said Jeremy Panney is sore according to Joe a spot of the manager, but he does not have any fractures. This is what they said three days ago. He does not have any fractures, and today he has a fracture in his ribs. So there, They've become a complete clown show in terms of injuries. Last year with Tucker, this year with Jordan Alvarez, Like remember a month ago and they said he's now day to day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, they just they are a mess.
Speaker 3: So I have Jeremy Paany on a few teams I have been my home league, which sucks because that team is taking hits left, right and center. Carol Bregman, like everybody's going down on that team. I hope he's back soon, but with the Astros, Honest to god, if he missed the rest of the season, I wouldn't be sitting here in September shocked by it.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of this to me is like I'm going to take the risk, and if I could go acquire him, I think I would. I know it's super sketchy and scary and they could be lying and Alvarez has missed like everything. I kind of think that's also why they had to make this public statement because of criticism, and I actually did this whole thing on ITL just about like, I just think baseball needs to figure out a lot of sports. Do they need to figure out about how to kill the the ambiguousness of injuries and stop these teams from being able to to lie and hold all this stuff back. And maybe they need to put like, you know, league personnel in with these doctors and MRIs and stuff. But whatever, that's another thing. I think this might be kind of the result of some of their caginess. And I think it's a small fracture. I think you can get back in a month. You're taking on risk if you own him. I'm holding. I think you're holding and you're bracing. I'm I'm a little bit more optimistic than Arico is, but I guess I get it. Brick says, think I'm dropping, Think I'm dropping Christian Walker to activate shape Bengaliers. I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: The other catch is but Walker's been brutal. I don't have any problem with it either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I'll just in a vacuum seit. I just I'm fine. I'm fine with doing that unless you had some super garbage player on the other bench that you're deciding not to. But like Christian Walker stinks, it's a big l He just stinks.
Speaker 2: Hugel for me this year.
Speaker 1: Just dude, you and me, You and me both, Jay Salty, Happy Monday, Joan Welsh. I mean it's team had to head categories. League had Henderson and Seger, but just sent Seager for Will Smith. What are your thoughts, he said, is my only catcher was Goodman and he's been dealing with a hammy, so that secures that position and still can use a Goodman in the outfield or when Smith is sitting. So what do you think about trading Seeger for Will Smith based on his catching position, because in a quick vacuum, I don't like it. I like buying in on Seeger for the rest of the season. But there definitely seemed to be a positional need and he had nobody. It looks like when Goodman was missing time. But what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ideally I would have wanted to get a little bit more, especially considering the week that Seger just had. But Will Smith has been great this year too. He's in an amazing lineup. Corey Seeger is in a terrible lineup and considering the positional needs, I don't think it's bad. I think he probably could have done a little bit better. But I'm not sitting here saying it's terrible or anything.
Speaker 2: Agreed.
Speaker 1: I think it's fine. You got a chalk catcher who's going to secure the position. And I also think he could have got a little bit more for Seeger, and I think Segar is going to kind of lock in, but you know, he's got a lot of injury problems and stuff. I think it's okay, and I think that is it. We had our other one and then oh, Jay Brick was also saying he has Wilson contrarist who can put it first, So when he drops Christian Walker, he can put Contraras at first, and then Langoliers can be his catcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, chill some of the value with Wilson putting him at first, But it works.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's fine. I mean the question becomes Christian Walker or Langoliers rest of season.
Speaker 3: And yeah, then it's Langler's Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's fine. Big dance. Last one. Would you trade Schwarber for kateel Marte?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I would, Yeah, Yeah, I think it's a good even trade. You're not even needing a lot of context here, Like it's fine, totally good, and you get that second base locked up. I'm down with it. Also, friends, if you guys have more questions, well guess what. Joe Rico and I are back on Wednesday. No piece of PA will not be there. It'll be me and Joe Rico on YouTube YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros m LB. We will be live for an hour at four pm Eastern, busting through all of your questions. So get there. Make sure you're subscribed on the YouTube, put notifications on. We'll be there for an hour. Super chats front of the line if you want to make sure, because we do get a lot of questions in there, we don't get to every single thing. Or you can just be in there, hangout, risk it, talk with people. There's a community in there, but be there with us Wednesdays, four pm Eastern on YouTube YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB. Joe Rico, my buddy, I'm going to see you in a couple days and you're gonna be on leading off with me on Thursday. You've got a lot of leading off.
Speaker 3: Lately, Yes, sir, I am looking forward to it. I love leading off. I'm rather biased in that sense, but I was a peanut and cracker jack once upon a time man, so coming onto the show to host it is always still a thrill to me, even after more than a year of doing it.
Speaker 1: Now, that's right, body, Anything else in the works, article wise, videos, anything on the planet for you.
Speaker 3: You guys won't see my trade short this week because it's the fourth of July, and even though I'm Canadian, I'll be getting the fourth off and not tomorrow for Canada Day, So nothing for me on Friday. We're taking that day off. But yeah, just be on the lookout for the pods coming later this week and the live streams. And we sure have subscribed to the podcast feeds because you know, the YouTube channel gets the majority of the love, but the podcast feed, man, it's it's my baby.
Speaker 2: It's become one of my babies.
Speaker 3: So go ahead and subscribe, whether it's a baseball, football betting and show some support over there as well.
Speaker 1: We kill it on YouTube, but we thrive on in the podcast world still, So thanks to everybody that does that. Thank you for your support. Thank you to the people that we're hanging out with. Us in here and that is it Joe Rico ninety nine on Twitter, you can follow me at is it. The Welsh friends, have a fantastic day and we will talk to you next time right here on Fantasy Pros MLB.
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy PROSCE Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving
Speaker 1: A positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB