Speaker 1: Welcome to pod meets Twirld, a podcast from two guys who had never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars, but took it on and walked away experts. So now we turned to Traders, another show I've never seen, but Will is convinced that he could win. We are Wilfred Ell and Ryder Strong, two best friends, one a TV expert, one a TV skeptic, both dance scholars, join us as we step into a castle full of lies, alliances, and over the top wardrobe choices. This is Pod meets Twirld Trading places.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, episode at least at least put your hoodie up.
Speaker 3: I no, I had, I had the whole thing going. I had it, I had, I had it going. But eventually, you know, I gotta get I got I'm at work this. I need a new I need a new one. This is well. When I go on the show, I'll get my own.
Speaker 1: M I want one of those gold face masks.
Speaker 2: I can get you one of those. I can get you one of those five minutes. Oh, I got a gold face mask.
Speaker 1: Guy, I got it.
Speaker 3: That's easy. That's cake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very squid games, actually squid game a little that and a little uh what's the Tom Cruise X movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, eyes wide shut, Yes.
Speaker 2: Little eyes wide shut. Oh my god, I've gone turtle, I trap myself. Hang on, all right, there we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're good.
Speaker 1: All right. We continue our journey with Traders Season four, episode two. We already kind of spoiled it at the end of our last episode because all three of first episodes dropped and we just yeah, yeah, so do they normally do this where they delay like who actually got murdered until the next episode?
Speaker 2: Or yes, apparently according to producing Tara, thank god she's here because we wouldn't be going what's going on? Well, that's how we were doing Dancing with Stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's uh yeah, it's really really big on the cliffhangers on this show. Yeah, Like that's just my god.
Speaker 2: It's like whatever that movie was with Sylvester Stallone Edge.
Speaker 3: What is it called Cliffhanger?
Speaker 1: It's just literally called got So beginning of episode two, we pick up at the cliffhanger where the Traders are deciding who to murder and then the next morning, so they only know who was murdered based on who doesn't get into breakfast.
Speaker 2: Right, who doesn't show up to that phenomenal meal which if you pause, it had some great pastries, there was a potato dish, there was some good eggs that were up there. Clearly juices from all around the world that worth the price of admission right there at the castle, in my opinion, the Trader breakfast.
Speaker 1: And then is it Derinda that walked in and got applause?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she was kicked off first to the last episode and she's like kind of again, never seen a Housewives in my life, but she's very like.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if she.
Speaker 2: Was a good like a good housewife, if she was a good witch or a bad witch. But I think they liked her and the Housewives, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought was sweet that they like gave her this moment and she started crying. It was like, okay, well you made it one night.
Speaker 2: Well she flew all the way to Scotland the last time it was there like eight hours, and it's like they thinks that's the other question is if your if you do get murdered or are kicked off the show, they have to make sure that you're you don't tell anybody, So I imagine you're essentially sequestered for the next two weeks or however long.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me, You have a vacation in Scotland to do nothing but hang out on the hotel.
Speaker 2: No, they probably will not let you leave the hotel because then someone will take a picture of you and they'll know that you were kicked off the show. So you're probably in a hotel room not being able to leave for like ten days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: The choices for to be murdered were Ian, who is a smart gamer, Mark, which seemed kind of random to me, Yeah, because agree Adam spoken up or made a name for himself in any way. And Eric the singer can draw. And then Eric the singer who I don't know who is, but he's also seemed very low key, and I didn't understand why they you know, I didn't know who to pick. I guess my only thought was, like, Ian, because he seems like he's a gamer.
Speaker 2: That's what I would think, because again, at this point, you're kind of throwing darts, right, I mean, you don't really know any of these people.
Speaker 3: Nobody's formed any real alliances.
Speaker 1: But that's why I was confused that they that the traders did not use this information to try and figure out who the secret trader was, right, because they definitely picked four low key dudes, like there was no big personalities in here. Yeah, and I don't know what that really means. But they didn't even talk about it. They were just like ah, and then they at breakfast. Uh Ian didn't show up, and uh we got the sequence where he gets his little like you know, murder card or whatever, and he says it's kind of a candied compliment to be murdered, which I thought was true.
Speaker 2: It's like, you could be a threat. We haven't even started yet. You could be a threat, so it's time that you go. That makes sense. I don't think Michael Rappaport would have taken it as a a sign of respect. I think he would have flipped over tables and smashed stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he seems like an emotional that's a good way to put it. An emotional baby, an emotional player, yes, player, Yeah, just tan from after it was it was just it's like he talked about it at one point. It's like I'm a trash talk over it. It's like, yeah, but can you can you realize it's not working? Like at a certain point, It's never going to be good for you, dude.
Speaker 2: They're just they're going to vote you off whether they think you're a faithful or not. At some point they're gonna be like, we don't really care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, agreed.
Speaker 1: And then Alan Cummings showed up and is very shy in the outfit this is.
Speaker 3: Time. Yeah, it's perfect. Wait, I have I have a question for you.
Speaker 2: First, you said at the beginning of the last episode or throughout the beginning of the first episode, you're the woman from Survivor that.
Speaker 3: You liked who uh uh Natalie.
Speaker 2: Natalie was one of your favorites, and so is Mark starting episode two? What you saw with episode one? Has that changed at all? Are the Are they still kind of your favorites or are is anything changed for you between two and one.
Speaker 1: I guess I was starting to think that that Jam Jam really had a good shot at this point because he was playing a good social game, like he seemed like he had people liking him and he was working hard. By the end of episode two, I did not feel the same way, But at this point I was like, oh, Jam Jam's got a good shot if he had one Survivor, which I didn't realize he's a very likable person. Yeah, he seemed like he was making a lot of friends at this point and like building the kind of reputation you want, you know. But I mean, now, having seen all three episodes, I'm much more like it's better to fly under the radar.
Speaker 3: I think so too early on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a big fan of Rob c by this point from Survivor, who seemed to be playing the game, like really playing the game.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, right before he got murdered. I felt that, Oh, I mean we're assuming all three episodes of Drops everyone's yeah, yeah, catching up. But yeah, no, I mean like I feel like the biggest, like the poorest player in my mind is Portie, yes at this point, and I don't like the Candice is playing way too hard.
Speaker 2: I think I agree with you and Michael's like, yeah, those three are the worst, the worst players in my opinion, or at least I guess saying it playing it not the way that I would play it. You're being very loud, You're being it's like you don't ever especially if you're a trader.
Speaker 3: I would imagine you want to be the center of attention. No, like, why would you do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you so little seeds to doubt and you walk away, do you everything with a whisper?
Speaker 3: You shouldn't be yelling all right?
Speaker 1: After breakfast, everyone dispersed, and then this is where the suspicion started to turn on Donna. You had Colton, Lisa, and Natalie talking about Donna being suspicious.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, oh, come on, she's the most suspicious.
Speaker 1: I got so upset. That's so funny because I was like, this poor woman is not a reality star exactly. She's just like everyone's like, she's so low key. She's not like super talkative. So at this point I was like, these like reality actory types, performative people just can't handle the fact that this woman isn't as like, you know, performative as them. Isn't like playing hard or trying to get out there. She was just kind of just chill, you know, like a normal human being. And I was like, why are they picking on her?
Speaker 2: Because she You're coming into a thing where it's a game. You imagine that it moves very quickly, so they shoot over a week or ten days, whatever it is, the entire season, and if you're there, you're quiet the whole time. You're not talking strategy at all. You're not making any friends. You just you stand out.
Speaker 1: You just do and and but she also already stands out because she's older than everybody. Yeah, she's just I don't know. I was just I felt so sorry for her, and they turned on her.
Speaker 2: I know it's going to happen well, because again, she's the first one I would have picked to a been a secret trader, very first one I would have picked would have been her. Yeah, because it's amazing, She's she's perfect. No one wants to vote for her because of the Swifties. Everyone loves her, she's the mom. She's probably the nicest person in the world.
Speaker 3: That's the first person.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, And I would have to stuck my foot in it.
Speaker 2: Here's the other thing I think though about this game. This game to me is like Jeopardy in that I'll bet you everyone's graded it in their house, and then the second you get there, you're like, I suck at this.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I think you would drive, I don't know. I don't know if I would.
Speaker 2: I think it would be one of those things where I think I'd be a lot better than I actually would. I feel the same way with Jeopardy. I win Jeopardy every night. I bet you I'd stand with there with a buzzer in my hand and not get one.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. Also during this period, Portia slips up and says that she killed Ian, which is like, why did she say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't, I don't know, and she clearly said it, like clearly said basically when I was a trader had killed it.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait a minute, wait it was.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, And at this point I was like, oh, she is a secret trader. Yeah. I was thoroughly convinced, and like Ron and Donna's POV throughout the rest of this episode, I was totally on board with I why are not more people listening to this very obvious thing, Like she mentioned that there's four traders and says, you know, we killed you and last night, however she put it, and it's like, that's weird.
Speaker 2: I that This is when I started to go like, oh, maybe it isn't Donna, because she did this Porsche screwed up so badly a couple of times.
Speaker 3: That it's got to be her. Yeah, yeah, so it that wasn't That wasn't good.
Speaker 2: And then we as then I start to Then I started to flip flop because I was.
Speaker 3: Like, maybe maybe she's just not that good at this. I mean, she just misspoke because she's just bad not at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turns out that's the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: But I was like, I can't believe this person would actually be that bad, right they were, Yeah, yeah, no, I've been surprised with everything so far. I'm a really bad player of this game, on the mission players on Thrones. This was cool. This is where I just fell in love with the atmosphere, and you know, I was like, I'm so into this. I just want to go hang out in the woods by this castle. I love the shields picking up money. It's just like robin Hood Princes of Thieves. I'm like, yeah, I want to be there.
Speaker 2: Every time they do the high shots driving in the cars through just the gorgeous Scottish islands.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh my god, it's amazing, amazing.
Speaker 1: All right. So, based on weight and size, they went with three smaller women, which makes sense.
Speaker 3: Smart yep.
Speaker 1: So you had Candace, Caroline, and Tiffany. Candace being one of the traders, but also being picked first was and somebody pointed this out not a good call. You're definitely going to get swapped. There's no way you're going to be protected. So yeah, I should explain that if you were you were in the throne at the arrival at the castle, you were protected from being murdered then that night.
Speaker 3: And you have to find these little tokens, and I found.
Speaker 1: You can swap stretch out right, but also you could share that token with whoever whoever you wanted to, which, which immediately what people did. So at the first stop, which was like an orchard, people were running around, found some tokens. Lisa swapped with Caroline, Drinda swapped with Candace. Second stop, Caroline swap with Tiffany, Mora swap with Derinda. All of this was like just kind of chaos.
Speaker 2: I'm not keeping track really of what's going on now, and I don't think you're supposed to do. You run around, you try to find bags, you run back to whoever's on your team. It's very chaotic. There's no real rhyme or reason to any of their challenges. They just seem very frantic.
Speaker 1: Although this was when I started to realize that Colton is a really good player of this game.
Speaker 3: I know I couldn't.
Speaker 1: He actually looked at this situation and explained it perfectly. He's like, you don't want to swap too early, so I'm not even go look for tokens until the final stop, which was brilliant and guess who found a token and was able to save himself. It was the smartest move because like, if he had gotten it earlier, he's one of the bigger guys, people would have swapped with him and immediately, so he was like two steps ahead. He knows what's going.
Speaker 2: On, strength and brains. The guy's kind of got the whole package from the.
Speaker 1: Because then later we'll get into it, like his whole Donna thing, which I was like, dude, get off the Donna turned out.
Speaker 2: To be exactly Yes, this guy knows what the best player, so he's a good He's a really good player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: And then Rob found a token and gave it to jam Jam, and jam Jam swapped with Mara, who A did.
Speaker 2: Not like seen her going like, you know, don't, don't You're not going to do it to that kind of I was like, she's like begging and it's like and it was a little sad where it's like.
Speaker 3: Did get off get out of the chair. Yeah, it's like, come on.
Speaker 4: But then when they make it Michael, dude, he runs over, yes, and he just starts screaming at Yam Yam, or about you and it's our jam Jam and it's like, dude, he didn't do it against you, Like, no.
Speaker 2: Everything's about him. He's like, well, I thought it was going to be a discussion. No, they didn't say it was going to be a discussion. They said, who ever found the token, right, can swap it. Wasn't you then get to discuss who on your team who gets the token.
Speaker 3: No one ever said that right, So yeah it was. But again you're right about it anymore.
Speaker 1: Why would why would Michael Rapper like he just thinks that he's.
Speaker 2: He thought because I think I think in his line of thinking, he was way more vulnerable than Jam Jam after the night before and everything that happened at the roundtable, So they should have discussed who was going to get the token and get on the seat, which again.
Speaker 1: What happened the night before at the roundtable, everyone was.
Speaker 2: Calling out different people, and Michael was one of the people called out just because he was He's loud and brash.
Speaker 1: Wait had they even have it? I'm like losing track. I don't know if we'd had a round table yet.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, there's a murder. You're right, it's not the round tubby yet. No, they discuss it at the round table after, you're right, we'll right my bad mind. Right, So he made it all about him without I'm sorry what it was. He thought he was vulnerable because they went and put a car out of their way to put.
Speaker 3: A coffin in his grave. But who cares exactly?
Speaker 2: But if he took it personally to where it's like, I'm totally I'm vulnerable because of that. So we should have discussed people exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: It's so dumb and like jam Jam got the thing, like you know, he got the token, so go with it man, like he can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're also just keep putting a target on your back by.
Speaker 1: Being an ass.
Speaker 3: What are you doing, dude? What are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I love they kept it was so big at times that everyone else was discussing like is he the the like the best trader in history because there's no way he can be a trader because who the hell would play it like this? Or is he just a really bad faithful, like they had no idea, I know, because.
Speaker 3: He's there, hasn't been around table yet.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, no, That's why I was like, dude, you're just making it about you. I mean, because then of course the round table becomes about him, about him, and he's like attacking jam Jam. You're like, why let it go? Man? And also at this point, like you know, not knowing who the secret trader was, I was, I really didn't. I pretty Jamjam wanting to protect himself made sense. I was like, yeah, that makes him more likely a faithful. So you didn't think it was Donna. If you had to put your money down at this point, who did you think the secret trader was? It's hard to remember, honestly. Like once, once the conflict between jam Jam and Michael got as heated as it did, I was like, maybe it is one of them, because they were they kept going back to that same debate. I was like, you know, you got to let this go. And the fact that they kept getting into it, I was like, one of them is maybe just playing this too hard to try and deflect, because like they they felt that the crosshairs pointed at them and so they had to point at the other you know what I mean, like, which turned out to not be the case at all.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the joy, that's the joy. You just you drop the grenade in the middle of the room and you walk away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd's so bad, Like it's just protesting way too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was That was a weird confrontation.
Speaker 2: And even Alan Cumming was like, hey, why this is something you could probably discuss.
Speaker 1: We're still got to show to do here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a g again. I'm going to give my flowers every week. Alan Cumming is a really engaging host. He's very good at this. It's the fabulous thing and the kind of this subdude comedy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think some of it's great.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it, but it's very script it's very like delivering.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I love.
Speaker 1: No, but but it's very different from like like there's not as much hosting skill going on into it's acting skill. It's just like playing this funny, over the top character.
Speaker 3: Or scripted is the host like oh he's so.
Speaker 1: That's what's amazing is that it's actually right and still a genius like he he's like one of the few hosts that when I watch it, I'm like, you deserve all the money and all the credit. And I'm sure he has an earpiece, but he is constantly engaging with people and having real He runs the tribal councils and so he has to just roll with whatever they're giving him on an unscripted basis. And he is amazing because.
Speaker 3: I've done it for what forty seasons?
Speaker 1: It has always been great, and everybody respects him, everybody listens to him. He's able to control the game, control the conversation without ever really taking a side or making it. You know, it's like basically a group therapy session every night, and he is so good at it. So I guess that is like the high bar that I know, where's Alan coming? Besides this little trying to comment down. Ya, He's a great entertainment. It's just about doing his thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes sense, all right.
Speaker 1: So the group dispersed for dinner, really started zeroing in on a portion.
Speaker 3: Did you see what they were having for dinner? Couldn't tell.
Speaker 2: It looked like a decent spread though, looks like the food there is pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: I was like, and then in the kitchen, if.
Speaker 1: They do like a whole follow up episode, like a companion just on the food.
Speaker 2: The castle and the kits because in the kitchen they have all the candy like around the kitchen area, like everything's all set up.
Speaker 3: I'd like to add like a tour of the food of the castle. If we can get that, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: God, they must be offering like vacation packages for people to go to the castle or live the trader's lifestyle.
Speaker 3: I'm sure definitely.
Speaker 2: They probably run games there like like that they'll play like a mafia or something in the castle.
Speaker 3: I'll bet you that.
Speaker 1: I can't remember it. Like there there are D and D groups that do this where they go to castles and play D and D yes and because when I saw that roundtable, I was like, that's a perfect gaming table. How fun would it be to good place D a castle? Like has Critical Role done that where they film it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they've done that, but I'm sure they will.
Speaker 1: They should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure they're.
Speaker 1: Going to someplace like like if they were just playing D and D H on this show, I'd kind of be into it. I think i'd watch it because like I haven't watched Chronical role because they're all just kind of like in a room if they were like at a castle, and then you got to see them like, I don't know, I'm kind of into it.
Speaker 3: All right, we should put it together, all right.
Speaker 1: Second round table begins. Natalie started the conversation calling out Donna, which I was like, poor Donna. This is where I'm like, what is going on? I was starting to think maybe I was like ageism ages and also like like just because she's not a big, like fancy dressed reality star, we're gonna pick on her.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, realism reels.
Speaker 1: It just felt it just felt like bullying to me. Yeah. Then Ron brought up his very reasonable evidence.
Speaker 3: He again came with receipts.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then Michael does the same freaking thing. He says, well, when we killed ID, and I actually gave him the benefit of the doubt because I could tell by the way he was trying to I was like.
Speaker 3: We gave him more of a benefit of Yeah, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: I gave him more a benefit of the doubt than her, Like she just said it apropos of nothing.
Speaker 2: I was and multiple times she said a couple of things, yes, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe that. Like, here they are presenting evidence about how you don't say that, and then he just does it. It's like, dude, watch watch yourself.
Speaker 2: And then everyone was like, whoa, whoa, what did you just Okay? Would that have changed your mind? If you were sitting at the table and you heard Michael say when we kill the end, would you have changed your vote? A? Who would you have been voting for already? And B would you have changed it because of Michael?
Speaker 1: Based on what was said at this table, there was no doubt in my mind that Porsche was the right vote.
Speaker 3: I think I would have I would have stuck with Porsche too.
Speaker 2: That would have been I was I had switched from down at a Porsche by that point because there were literal receipts like.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's some actual evidence.
Speaker 1: Yes, everything else is really and and that's what's tricky about this game for me. It's like so much of it is really just vibes, you know, innuendo and like I don't trust you, I trust you, and it's like that's really hard. That's what I like about the fact that the secret Trader was unknown to us, Yeah, because I feel like it's a little easy when you know who's a trader and who's not to see them lying or to see them not lying, whereas when you really don't know, like we didn't these first couple episodes. I I was pretty on board with the Porsche boat, you know. I was there's no doubt in my mind. I was like, you, yad, just vote for her. So I was. I was genuinely shocked when she turned out to be a faithful.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 2: It was one of two things for me. I was like, Okay, so she's the secret trader or she's just really really bad bad at this. And I I didn't know which way to go. It's like, if she says she's a faithful or if she says she's a trader, I'll be like, oh, okay, yeah they got her. I was like, but I'm kind of leaning towards the fact that she's just kind of bad at this. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what. I don't even think it was that she said though, like we killed you and or I killed anything. It was when she said that there were four traders, Yeah, how do you know how many traders? That's when I was like, yeah, oh, if they're not supposed to know, and if you were the secret trader, you would know that there were four because exactly what you said last episode that they would have to have a list of four names, right, Because then it was I was like, she knows, she knows. I thought for sure we were, we were revealing the secret.
Speaker 3: I was fifty to fifty bad player fifty.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, for the first vote, if I don't know who it is, and somebody does come with literal receipts, where other people also chimed in, like, oh I heard her say that too. How do you not vote for the person where there's receipts, I mean there's some form of evidence.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So there were some votes for Donna, which didn't make sense to me, votes for Michael totally made sense. And then Portia, which is what exactly what I who I would have voted for game I think, not even thought twice about it. And then she was banished. She goes to the banished, banished goes to the circle of honesty, the.
Speaker 2: Truth, the circle of truth, and then she's a faithful.
Speaker 3: Faithful man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I mean she didn't really defend herself very well.
Speaker 2: No, I just again, I don't think this was her game, and I you know, didn't didn't speak well, didn't form alliances, didn't play well particularly in the challenges, didn't defend herself properly at the table.
Speaker 3: She was the first out.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Then the players broke into small groups to talk about the roundtable and started pointy fingers at Ron, saying he is the trader.
Speaker 2: This is the thing about this game. Anytime somebody points out somebody else. But dude, he had actual receipts, like you said.
Speaker 1: He wasn't saying I think it's poorsia because I just have a feeling. He was like, look, I overheard this, so I'm just gonna say, you know, if the choice is between Donna and this person, this person, we actually can say why, there's reasoning. That was like evidence I feel like Ron at this point, I was like, Ron is getting the short end of the stick and totally TINU to feel that way. I do all three of these episodes. I feel like he is being reasonable. He is, he is, he is expressing himself unemotionally, he's not pointing fingers needlessly, and he's he's doing it respectfully. Yeah, I know, and he's losing for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually turning on him, and you saw the next day at breakfast when somebody said they're like, oh, well, it makes no sense that Ron didn't tell anybody heard this thing. And Donna was on, who was like, well, no, he did tell some people. Yeah, he told me and Michael.
Speaker 1: He also said that the round table, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but even before, but they're saying, like before, like why before the round table would you if you heard this, why would you not tell anybody? And it was Donna was like, no, he did. He told me, and he told Michael. And the problem is people weren't trusting Donna and Michael at that point, right, So it's like, then why does that met Well, oh oh he told the other people we don't trust.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why you have to be super social in this game. You have to just get to know and just get to hang out with people, which I feel like the Housewives are very good at, Like they are socially engaging with everybody and they're making everybody feel like they have some kind of connection, because I mean, the Housewives really they're killing it.
Speaker 2: Well, if I know my housewife lore, which I don't literally never seen an episode of Housewives in my life, but if I know anything about housewives. It's a show about drunken backstabbing, which is what this is. I mean, you're literally they just made a game. It might as well be called to Find the Secret Housewife, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean this is what they do for a living. Do you think social skills are more important than strategy? Well, again, what's the strategy unless you're a trick if you're faithful, is there a strategy because you're just I'm gonna be as honest as I can. I'm going to try to look for signals for other people. But what would your strategy be?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because like at this point, from this point in the three episodes, all the way through the end of the third one, I was like, this game is actually there's no strategy, There's no It's really just a game of popularity. It's just like people piling on and I was really upset watching them Pilon Donna. But then boom, how do I know? My god, it's gonna keep happening this whole season?
Speaker 3: Is it's crazy?
Speaker 2: Now if they're smart, well we'll get it. We'll get into that next episode. We'll get into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, all right, Well At this point, the traders receive letters that they have to murder someone in playing sight.
Speaker 2: So is this a thing that happens, Yeah, okay, this is this is this happens occasionally. They upped the anties with the murders. It can't just be you meet and decide who you're gonna kill.
Speaker 1: I like this factor. I like that they have to like really lie to each other and do things in front of other people or like, because that that's where the strategy and the socialization really have to to. Like it's it's either or from moment to moment. And at this point, like you know, when when Can'tice does her congo line, I was just like that, And even before she does it, she's talking about different things that she could be doing. She's like, do I have a breakdown because Portia laught and I was like, I hate you so much.
Speaker 3: But then she said it best.
Speaker 1: But she's like, sometimes being a little extra is in your benefit. I'm like, yeah, yes you are. You're gonna get away with shit that, Like I would not be able to get away with or even rob the trader, her partner would. He wouldn't have been able to distract people like that if he suddenly, but because she has a personality where people kind of expect that or buy that, she can't get away with a lot a lot and she's so at this point, I was like, I went from thinking Kansas is a really bad player who's not gonna last, you know, he was not going to to like, oh my gosh, she might be she might go far.
Speaker 2: This is where rob C became a champion to me, where he was just like, okay, who At first he was like I think they're doing a murder and plain sight like he's called it. He's like, I think it's no, nailed it. And then it was like who started the congo line? Yeah, like he instantly went there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was brilliant.
Speaker 1: I was so impressed with him. Yeah, because like at this point he had flown under the radar for me, you know, because they don't they didn't highlight his personality. They were you know, but he like was suspicious and paranoid exactly the right time.
Speaker 2: He's like, don't don't let him hug you, don't let him hand you a glass, don't let him do anything. He's like like staying behind the wall as something's going up. Brilliant, this guy would have won the whole thing had he not been Yes, that was he was my pa. At the second he went I think they're doing a murder and plane side. I'm like, that's your winner.
Speaker 1: But do you think that's why they picked him?
Speaker 2: Do you think they know because they didn't know that at the time, I didn't know that. They just know that he won.
Speaker 3: They so lucky, They so lucky.
Speaker 1: They got so lucky because I didn't know who they picked. And I'm sitting there going, man, if they didn't pick Rob, they're screwed.
Speaker 2: Right, because at the next banishment he would have been like, who starts a conga line?
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly you did.
Speaker 2: That was straight up a distraction and that's another piece of evidence. And they ever had to say it because they managed to pick him, and they're they're picking off the gamers, which is what I would do too. By the way, it's like, oh, you're you do reality TV show gaming. You gotta go first. I'll deal with the housewives next, Like you gotta go first.
Speaker 1: Now the other Rob, the trader, Rob Robert was very smart setting up that chess situation really good. I was like, wow, this is because so he and Lisa got to sit there and basically in Playing Sight figure out who they were going to kill.
Speaker 3: Really smart, really smart.
Speaker 1: So the Traders, all three of the Traders did really well with this thing.
Speaker 3: I think so too. This was their best episode so far of just cam in them.
Speaker 1: I mean, she didn't get to weigh in on who they killed, which I found interesting, Like.
Speaker 2: But they killed the right person for her because that guy would have pointed a finger right at her.
Speaker 3: So it worked perfectly first.
Speaker 1: See I wonder if so they have no idea until the episode airs that all that was happening, right, No.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean they might have talked to each other in the tower like hey, what did you do?
Speaker 1: But no, right, But I mean they didn't know that if they didn't hear Rob saying I think they're trying to murder someone on Playing Sight.
Speaker 3: You know she told them later.
Speaker 2: Remember She's like, he came up to me and said they're performing a murder in Playing Sight and they're like what, Yeah, So I mean that's that's the guy who.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: They also can't talk to each other when they're not filming, by the way, Oh, so they're not allowed to speak while not filming.
Speaker 3: Are their phones taken? From them.
Speaker 5: I wonder, yes there is actually I remember Dolores told us last season or someone that they are allowed a phone call to like one person, So like, will you'd only call Sue and only Sue can know and they're actually monitoring your call as well.
Speaker 3: So what happened with God Dylan.
Speaker 5: Has said before that like he because his girlfriend knows like all the housewives, and so she was like, oh my god, I know this person, and he couldn't really respond on what it was.
Speaker 1: And there's someone listening in.
Speaker 3: Geez, that's crazy. Yeah, oh my god. Mm well, I'm got to figure out who I'll call.
Speaker 1: I'll be your one phone, yes, well, speaking.
Speaker 2: Code exactly, I'll be like, hey, the eagle murdered that one guy from Love from the Housewives last night, m and then no one will be able to pick us up.
Speaker 3: We're clever people.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, they started playing chess, decided how to murder in some weird coded speed that didn't quite make sense to me.
Speaker 4: But they got it.
Speaker 3: A credit.
Speaker 1: They figured it out yep, and threw the card into the fire.
Speaker 3: They did it. Yeah, but they did it. They accomplished their mission.
Speaker 2: We should also say one of the or the the uh prize for completing the murder and plain Sight was getting to.
Speaker 3: Meet the secret the Secret.
Speaker 2: Trader, So that's why they wanted to do it. It wasn't just that they got to kill somebody. They also got to face to face meet the Secret Trader. And I have a theory about why that happened so quickly. What do you mean, I don't think they ever would have unmasked the Secret Trader in episode three or it really turned out to be episode two. If this if whoever was the Secret Trader was flying under the radar, but the secret Trader they picked had the second most number of votes, and all the producers knew that the Secret Trader was going to be out in anyway, so they had to do every yep they had to. This would have been because I was like, wow, this season episode two, we already get to know who the Secret Trader is. And that's only because the Secret Trader was about to die. And if this Secret Trader was flying totally under the radar, they would have gone five episodes before we ever knew who the Secret Trader was.
Speaker 3: I'm convinced, because why would you do that?
Speaker 2: You gain nothing by putting the secret Trader out there, but they knew and everybody knows now it was Donna. They knew that Donna had the most votes. They've got cameras on everybody, they hear people talking. They know ten people are going to vote for Donna. Let's do this now, so at least we have a chance of having some of the who's it going to be?
Speaker 3: Who's it going to be?
Speaker 2: Who's it going to because the producers already knew the Secret Trader was dead, so I had not had it been somebody nobody suspected, this would have been five episodes before they unveiled the Secret Trader.
Speaker 3: Way better.
Speaker 2: So what I'm guessing is going to happen because they did something similar last year. I guess is Alan's gonna come up to them. He's going to appear in the tower in another episode or two, and he's gonna look at them and says and say, by the way, I picked a new secret Trader, and you don't know who it is, and we're going to start all over again. And he approached some he'll have approached somebody else to take that position, and a new trader will have joined the ranks that we don't know.
Speaker 1: Who it is because it's a really good dynamic.
Speaker 3: It's a great dynamic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I feel like the the show is in some ways more self satisfying when you know who the bad guys are, but it's more exciting and way more exciting to be guessing yourself.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Because I've seen now both versions I've seen where you know everybody, yeah, and now the version where you don't. And all I was thinking about the whole time Sue and I were talking about, is oh, who's.
Speaker 3: The secret Trader? Who it could be that could be them?
Speaker 1: Could be them?
Speaker 3: So they'll bring that back in some form before the season's.
Speaker 1: Over all, right, So going back, because we actually didn't say who the four choices that the Secret Trader gave them to murder?
Speaker 3: Oh right, or it was.
Speaker 1: Monet, Rob C, Tara, and Kristen.
Speaker 3: Yes, which again some weird choices.
Speaker 1: I know you would have you would have picked Rob C based on said during the ch But would you do you think you would have chosen that? Yes before?
Speaker 3: Really somebody exactly.
Speaker 2: He's a gamer who does strategy and has won one of these games before.
Speaker 3: Get rid of them, Just get rid of those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because everybody else again and this, you know, knowing now that it was Donna, she wasn't really playing well. No, she's playing very poorly, yeah, because she you know, those first four picks were kind of just you know, got random and random, and like, really at this point, shouldn't she have been picking people who were calling her out? Yeah, you think she'd already done a round table, right.
Speaker 2: But then the other thing is like, do you if you pick four people that called out Donna?
Speaker 1: No, But what she should have done is is the list should have been jam Jam Michael yeah, and maybe two other people that were you know, speaking out a lot, because if it, let's say, maybe when Jim died, everybody would turn to Michael, right or vice versa. So like if she had put them on the list, and you know, instead she picked people who, as far as we know I'm only seeing the finished edit, did not speak up that much.
Speaker 2: I agree, So she was just playing really poorly, right. I also think they did her dirty. They should have made her faithful, and they should have let her last on the show as long as she lasts on the show, because it would have just been better for her to play as a faithful I think then as the secret Trader.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you're you know, the fact that you called it right away, that you're like, oh, she's the secret to perfect and they all did means that means that the producers were probably not giving the contestants or the audience as as much credit as they should have, right, you know what I mean? Right, the producers were thinking, they were like, do this tricky thing and give it to like the and it's like little old lady, you know I would suspect And it's like, but that's.
Speaker 3: So why you suspect them exactly?
Speaker 2: Whereas you give it to like Mark Ballas or Kristen somebody who or the or Eric the the singer who kind of frankly nobody really knows who this guy is and is just quiet and flying under the radar. That's somebody that then they did.
Speaker 1: I feel like with Rob r Or they did chore somebody who's like probably gonna really not be suspected for.
Speaker 3: A long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, But I think you know, this is the fun is that it could have gone the exact opposite and picked like Michael Rapperport because he's so obnoxious. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's what they're saying, Like he can't be a trader.
Speaker 2: You can't be a trader too much of a dick, like nobody would play it like this, So yeah, you don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that's so crazy. Yeah. Nuts.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's it for this episode of pod meets Twirled. Alliances were tested, trust misplaced, and once again we're left with a cliffhanger. Join us next time as we continue our journey through season four of Traders, a show in which, as Shakespeare said his Scottish play, fad is foul and foul is fad
Speaker 2: Mhm