Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio. Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy.
Speaker 2: Speculation and advice.
Speaker 1: Now along with the guys.
Speaker 2: From Guillotine Leagues dot com.
Speaker 1: Here's your host, Paul Jargian. Welcome to a regular season edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. And it's week number one and we are ready to roll up our sleeves on the remaining games on the docket. I'm Paul Charchion, co host today Matt Harrison thorneistro. Yoh, hey, hey, hey, hello. The juices are flowing now as we've recorded. I think most people are gonna hear this after the Friday game. Yes, for us, we're recording shortly before the Friday game, so we're gonna cover all the Sunday action the Monday night game. We won't touch on the Friday one, but we have so much to get to.
Speaker 3: We already did the Friday preview in last week's episode by the right at the end.
Speaker 1: So great point.
Speaker 3: So we want to listen to our friend Matteo do the Friday Brazil game.
Speaker 1: Great, he's there, great point. Take a chance on me. Also coming up we get our first take a chance on me's of the year nine players not your normally in your starting lineup. We'll cover some of our favorite sleepers for the week. We'll answer three tough questions and will unveil the first premature speculation and Thor at this time last year, one year ago, the premature speculation that you gave out in week number one leading into the first weekend of games, who is your wide receiver? It was, yeah, baby, Now you could do this show for twenty more years. I will, and you're not gonna hit that any one better than that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going under the bar the rest of the time, but we're gonna do our best today.
Speaker 3: You know. By the way, I got to bring up some internal beef on the show. I claimed my premature speculation guy, Yeah, and Thor said no, he's my guy, because every rookie belongs to Thor from here on out, they're all his and if they ever were a rookie at any time in their career, it's Thorsky.
Speaker 4: Now, Matt Harrison's all over the Thor timeline, as you guys will see when you get to take a chance on.
Speaker 1: Me, all right, And I don't know who your guy is yet we'll find out. We'll unveil it at the end of the show or near the end of the show. I'll let you guess. But what year he's in. I know he's a rookie. Let's let's we have fourteen games to get that. We're gonna break them all down every meaningful player letter grades on the mall, ABC's or bench letter grades. We begin with the Arizona Cardinals at the Buffalo Bills Thoor. This one is yours, and it's the debut of Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 4: Sure is, and he's one of our two or three must starts in my opinion. On the Cardinals side, Kyler Murray I think is a mustar. Marvin Harrison Junior begins his career as a mus start, and of course Trey McBride also a must start.
Speaker 5: James Connor, I'm gonna give him a B for this matchup.
Speaker 4: Last year top eight and explosive run rate, misstackles, force per attempt, and yards after contact per attempt. He is going to hold off Trey Benson for just a little bit here, but certainly in this game. Bill's run defense was bottom seven in explosive run rate en yards after contact per attempt last year, So a decent matchup for James Connor. Michael Wilson going to give him a CEE. He was a top twenty four wide receiver three different games last year as a rookie, finished his wide receiver fifty seven in Fantasy points per game. Better situation for him this year as the third banana in an NFL passing game. That was his destiny all along, and that's what he's going to be and this is a decent matchup for him. He's going to match up mostly in this game with rossu Will Douglas and Christian Benford. And Christian Benford both those guys allowed higher than sixty six percent completions on targets last year. Moving over to the Bills, Josh Allen of course is a must start. Next to him in the backfield there, James Cook, he gets a name for this matchup average almost twenty touches and one hundred and four total yards per game. When Joe Brady took over his offensive coordinator from week eleven to eighteen last year, Arizona's run defense allowed the most rushing yards per game last season. Great matchup for James Cook Curtis Samuel. He is off the injury report from his turf toe. I'm going to give him a B for this matchup. He was wide receiver twenty seven and fantasy points per game in the one season that he played with Joe Brady previously. Samuel is a bit better against two high coverage than single high coverage Arizona the Cardinals defense. They played that at the second highest rate in the NFL last year, so this looks like a good situation for Samuel.
Speaker 5: In week one. Khalil Shakir, I'm going to give him a C.
Speaker 4: He finished it was about middle of the road last year, forty second out of eighty four qualifiers and fantasy points per game after Week six when he started to get more playing time.
Speaker 5: This is a solid matchup for him.
Speaker 4: The Cardinals allowed the ninth most PPR points per target to slot wide receivers last year. And then, of course, my boy, Dalton Kinkaid is a must start and is going to be a must start going forward.
Speaker 1: Now, when you say Mustard be as you said, Kyler Murray, Marvin Harrison must starts.
Speaker 5: Does that well?
Speaker 1: Letter grade? Does that mean for you?
Speaker 5: What is?
Speaker 1: Where is that? An eighty great, this is not your first time doing the show.
Speaker 3: Plus, so you go, so fantasy Fonsi's for all of those players, so a.
Speaker 1: Grades and Kyler Murray, Marvin Harrison, and Trey McBride. Sir, what I hear you saying? Yes, sir, all right, that's very strong first game Marvin Harrison. Wow, New England Patriots taking on the Cincinnati Bengals Patriots side. Not a lot to talk about except my guy Rimandra Stevenson primarily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the only startable Patriot maybe for the foreseeable future, and I'm going to give him a bee this week. The Bengals run defense rode the struggle bus for the last month of the season last year, and they really did nothing to address that weakness in the offseason. Remember, ty Chandler went for one hundred and thirty two in a score, Najie Harris had seventy eight in a touch. Isaiah Pacheco had one hundred and sixty five total yards and a score, all in the last month. The common denominator at the time, each was pretty much the only back in their backfield, and the East had each had at least nineteen touches and if Stevenson doesn't get nineteen touches. What are we even doing here?
Speaker 1: It's a great point.
Speaker 3: Jacobe Brissett and the passing game all on the bench. The O line is bad. Kendrick Bourne is on the pup list. That leaves Damerio, Douglas kJ Osborne and the rookies Jalen Polk and Javon Baker. They'll probably all get exactly three targets in this game. Nobody's starting them anyway. Let's go to the Bengals side.
Speaker 1: Before you do. My only worry on On Stevenson is this is the game's got some blowout to it. Sure, it's got the highest it's got the it's the most lopsided Vegas line out of the week. And at some point is the running game rendered?
Speaker 3: You know, I went through all the NFL games and made a pick on every one of the games earlier today actually, and I have the Patriots going oh to seventeen. Wow, yeah, all right, they're so bad. They're so bad.
Speaker 1: Shot right here?
Speaker 3: Okay, So Ramandre might be game scripted out of every single game possible. Normally it would be all systems go for the Bengals with a grades all over. But Jamar Chase has been limited in practiced this week. T Higgins was added to the injury report on Thursday with a hamstring injury injury, and then downgraded to doubtful on Friday. I don't think he's gonna go. And Joe Burrow didn't throw for three days in a row almost all preseason due to his lingering wrist injury. Sounds like Higgins is out. With Chase missing all of camp as a holdout and just being somewhat dinged up, I'm gonna downgrade him to a B grade. And I think it's more likely that the Bengals win ugly in this one and the passing game puts up a lackluster day and the Bengals are just not very past crazy on Sunday. If you're purely desperate for a Bengals receiver, Yoshi's probably in line for a start here. That's Andre Joshawash for you, scoring at home spelled iOS I a s if you want to go find him on your waiverwear.
Speaker 1: Zach Moss and I like his opportunity and I do too.
Speaker 3: He's a good receiver.
Speaker 1: He is a good receiver.
Speaker 3: Zach Moss and Chase Brown are expected to split reps. Moss is currently listed as the starter on the depth chart. If we think it's going to be a pretty close to even time share, which I do. Let's split the average touches per game by the running back position for the Bengals last year. That was twenty three. So let's say that each of them get somewhere between nine and twelve touches. The average total yardage line against the Patriots last year by backs who had anywhere between nine and twelve touches, it's very specific, was forty four yards.
Speaker 1: That's not great.
Speaker 3: That's not great. We're hoping one of these guys will be really good. Betting odds, they're both really average.
Speaker 1: I think Zach Moss is prehemin, he's I think he's going to be the guy we'll see.
Speaker 3: Man, if you drafted one of them as a starter and it sounds like charch did, I'm sorry. I can't muster that lowest of the C grades in this one. I think that they just win this one ugly. A Sea is generous too, and it's only a starting grade because it feels like the game script will be heavily in the Bengals running backs favor.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel about Zach Moss. I know I can't give it up that easy.
Speaker 3: You also have Zach lost colored glasses on all the time.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Houston takes on Indianapolis. Let's begin with the passing game here. CJ. Stroud a grade two games against Indy last year, six hundred and forty eight yards and four touchdown passes, two in each. Now he's got the deepest set of starting receivers in the league, and Indy returns almost the exact same secondary as last year, so I think we can draw on last year's conclusions. Here a grade for Nico Collins, who went berserk against the Colts in the two games last year, one hundred and forty six yards in a touchdown and then one hundred and ninety five yards in a touchdown while catching sixteen of eighteen targets for Nico Collins.
Speaker 3: So you're saying one forty six is the low bar here.
Speaker 1: That's right. Wow, Well we'll zoom pass that, okay. Steph Diggs and Tank Dell come in with B grades. Last year against indian Week two, with all three of Houston's starting receivers available, CJ. Stroud fed all three of them against this Indie team. It was Nico Collins and Tank Dell and then started Robert Woods. He can feed three receivers against this team. Diggs and Dell both are going to line up on the slot. They're going to line up outside. Dell played well versus Indian week two, put up seventy two yards in a touchdown before he broke his leg later in the year. B grades for them. Joe Mixon, I'm not sure much gas he's got left in the tank, but it's a very favorable matchup and the Colts will be busy defending the pass. Last year, the Colts allowed the fifth most fantasy points to running backs. They saw the sixth highest run play percentage last year, and they ranked as Pro Football Focuses twenty second ranked run defense. It's a very similar front seven for Indy this year, so I think we can draw that correlation to last year. Joe Mixon comes in with a B grade, and I'm putting Dalton Schultz on the bench, who was very quiet in these games against Indy last year. And the Colts were a good tight end defense, allowing just three tight end touchdowns all year.
Speaker 3: So Stroud can support three but not four.
Speaker 1: But that not all the way to the tight end, all right, I gotta go with that. We'll cut it off at three. Let's go to the indie side. Jonathan Taylor easya in the eighteen Week eighteen meeting between these teams last year, he rolled up thirty carries for one hundred and eighty eight yards in a score. And that was a game both teams are trying to win, even though it was Week eighteen. Let's go to the passing game. Anthony Richardson comes in with a B grade. He got knocked out of the Week two Houston matchup before half, but he still ran in two touchdowns before half. The Texans gave up a league worst seven quarterback rushing touchdowns last year, but they led the NFL with only seventeen passing touchdowns allowed thirteen of seventeen opposing passers through zero or one touchdowns against them. This we're point is we're really here for the rushing on Anthony Richardson, which keeps him in a B grade. I'm not super optimistic about his ability to fill a stat line through the air, but Michael Pittman, I'm still going in with a B grade. Quiet in bost of the Houston games just fifty six and forty four scoreless yards last year. But Houston's best cornerback, Darryl Stingley, is small and would be a physical mismatch for Pittman. So maybe he gets matched up against second round rookie Kamari Lassiter, which making his NFL debut, and that'd be a strong advantage to Michael Pittman. So I'm keeping a B grade on Pittman. Josh Down's not expected to play in this game, and the Donnie Mitchell or is gonna get some extra time here. With Josh downs out, Alt Pierce will get some more work and Mitchell's got a chance here. Now it's Mitchell's speed versus Darryl Stingley's speed. What do you think about that speed on speed matchup?
Speaker 5: That could be fun.
Speaker 4: I'm not the biggest fan of a Donna Mitchell, I will say, very very inconsistent player. I know they want to get him some more looks here with Josh downs Down, but I would honestly prefer Alec Pierce. I think that Mitchell had the great testing profile, but super duber inconsistent at two different colleges, and you and.
Speaker 1: I talked about him in the preseason quite a bit, and you know, the off season shows. I feel like he's just really raw. I don't think he's as ready to make an instant debut as say Xavier Worthy did on Thursday night.
Speaker 4: Thousand percent. He's a Donna Mitchell in the NFL. Is a downfield guy.
Speaker 5: Especially right away. It's a it's a Gabe Davis type profile.
Speaker 3: How many Xavier Worthy tweets did you get last night? A lot, A lot, a lot.
Speaker 1: When we come back, take a chance on me the hind players not normally in your starting lineup. Find out which sleepers you can start this week when we returned to Fantasy Football Week, take a chance on me nine players not normally in your starting lineup. Let's begin at the quarterback position and Matt Harrison, who you got?
Speaker 3: I got Jayden Daniels because I think it might be the only time I can use Daniels as to take a chance on me quarterback, So I'm gonna do it. Sorry, thor I took a rookie. Can't do that, can I? He looked sharp in the preseason, both through the air and on the ground. He faces a Bucks defense that did nothing this offseason but sign all their guys back, and last year they allowed the fifth most passing yards and were twenty first in pressure rate. This seems like a perfect defense for a rookie to start his career against, lots of film on them and not great results. Also, three quarterbacks had at least six rushing attempts against Tampa last year. The average rushing line for those qbs was thirty six yards, and all three of them scored a touchdown on the ground.
Speaker 1: All right, we're here for the rushing for Jaden Daniels as much as anything else. Thor your take a chance at me quarterback.
Speaker 4: Taking Jared goffin this game against his former team. This is a shootout that has expected the highest total on the entire NFL board this week. Has been great in shootouts in his career. He's averaged two hundred and seventy one yards and over two passing touchdowns when the lines have reached twenty five points. This game that the Lions is total implied total is nearly thirty points, and of course the Rams have an average pass defense, so expecting a good game for golf.
Speaker 1: I'm going Gardner Minshew against the Chargers. I'm going to I'm looking at the Chargers schedule from last year, and I'm going to subtract out three games. A Blame Gabbert start against them, a Bailey Zappie start against them, and a game against them from Lamar Jackson which was such a one sided blowout that he didn't pass in the whole game, barely through like nineteen passes. The other fourteen quarterbacks to face the Chargers averaged two hundred and eighty four yards, which would have made them the bottom ranked pass defense across the entire NFL last year, and they were like twenty ninth. Anyway, you might be thinking, oh, but the Chargers defense got better in the offseason, Well not really. The only off season addition to the starting Chargers secondary was cornerback Christian Fulton, which is probably subtraction by addition, considering he was Pro Football Focuses one hundred and twenty third ranked cornerback in coverage and he allowed an opposer passer rating of one hundred and twenty nine. I think Minshew's sitting on a nice game here. Let's go to the running back position, Matt.
Speaker 3: I've got former Charger Austin Eckler. I mentioned that I liked this quarterback because The Bucks are weak against the pass, but they were absolutely awesome against the run last season, So why Eckler here? They were great against the rushing part of the run, but they didn't face a ton of pass catching backs of note last year. When they did, guys like Alvin Kamara had thirteen receptions, McCaffrey had five catches, Beijon had five catches, and really those were the guys that had anything close to the pedigree of Eckler in the pass catching department. Over the last five seasons, Eckler's averaged just over five receptions per game. So in a PPR league, I'm putting five points in my pocket already, and I think he's gonna do a lot more.
Speaker 1: All right, thor you're take a chance with me running back?
Speaker 4: Sticking with that Rams Lions game, I'm gonna go with Blake korm here at running back. He has already been named the Rams starting kick returner, and I think and have mentioned this, you know since over the summer that Korum is going to chomp into Kyron's early downwork more than most are anticipating this game. Of course, the highest the highest point total on the board, the Rams are going to be around the goal line quite a bit. Koram was last draft class's best goal line back, and I'm not sure that it was close. Scored twenty seven touchdowns. He's going to be the Rams' goal line back if nothing else. I think he gets a bunch of short the early downwork as well. And I will have more on Blake Koram later in the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it. I like it. My running back staying in LA different la running back JK. Dobbins. I prefer Gus Edwards and we'll talk more about him later in the show. But we still't know what this Chargers backfield rotation is going to look like. Is it fifty to fifty Edwards and Dobbins? Is it forty forty twenty with Kamani Vidala making an immediate impact possible. What we do know is that Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman are going to run like crazy, especially considering the unproven receivers on the Chargers roster. At this point. The Raiders were an average not great run defense last year that did not make any obvious improvements to their front seven. We'll try the old JK. Dobbins as a deep dark throw. Matt Let's go to By the way, we're going to talk a little dark throws. I gotta get that.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to the ride receiver position.
Speaker 3: I got Adam Thielen, who faces the Saints this weekend, who have one absolutely brutal cornerback and it's their slot corner Alonte Taylor. In his coverage last year, Taylor allowed the fourth most passing yards in the league and was bottom ten in that category against in touchdowns allowed. Guess who one of those scores was Adam Thielen in the September matchup, where he had seven catches for fifty four yards. In the other game, he managed five catches for seventy four yards. So in a PPR league, I think it's a twelve point game at least. And I know Deonta is there and he should be the top dog, But Peelan still averaged almost seven catchable targets per game, and I think he's got as good as hands as anybody. If it's near, he's gonna catch it.
Speaker 1: I like that angle. If you sold me on that. Yeah, all right, let's go to Thorpe. You take a chance on meat wide receiver.
Speaker 5: Are you ready to be hurt? By Jamison Williams again.
Speaker 1: Well, I have never been hurt by him because I've never I've never been out of the believer. But maybe this is the time.
Speaker 5: I'm ready to be hurt by James Williams again.
Speaker 4: Now, of course, you only reached sixty percent of the snaps in four games last season after her return from his gamling suspension. Everyone knows his rookie season. Of course got a chomp out of it as well. But at least the NFL has confidence in him. ESPN's Jeremy Fowler recently reported that Jamison Williams was the number one volt geter from league executives and scouts for the breakout player in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they at least believe.
Speaker 4: And then, of course you have the departure of Josh Reynolds opens the door for more potential targets for Jamison Williams. And this is a really good matchup for him for the Wheels to go up off the ground at the start of the season against that mediocre Rams pass defense in a game. Again have I mentioned this before? It has the highest total on the board this year. The point total Williams is hyper. He could lead to a few big plays against the secondary that coughs them up.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go with Jamis and Williams.
Speaker 1: Hey, thor which game has the highest total? The highest Vegas total?
Speaker 5: Rams, Lions? Maybe get ready for a shootout.
Speaker 1: Hey, I found a ram that we haven't talked about yet, DeMarcus Robinson in this game. This is, of course, the Rams wide receiver. He didn't start getting real snaps until Week twelve of last year, and he had a major impact in those final weeks of the season, averaging sixty four yards and almost a full touchdown per game. The Lions allowed the third most fantasy points to wide receivers last year, and in Detroit did overhaul their entire secondary, mostly all but all those moving parts. Does it all come together in Week one? Maybe not. Robinson's gonna see a lot of rookie cornerback Terry and Arnold who makes his NFL debut. He's probably gonna be good. He was taken in the first round. But is he good in week one? Maybe not? DeMarcus Robinson, It's got some opportunities here. Let's go back to some matchups. Thore Jacksonville Daguar's taking on the mat Miami Dolphins for Jacksonville. A lot of the same parts, but no Calvin Ridley. Now Gabe Davis comes in. That's a pretty sizable downgrade, but Brian Thomas is an exciting addition. Let's talk through the Jaguars side of this first BTJ.
Speaker 4: Yeah, start with Trevor Lawrence. I'm gonna give him a B grade in this matchup. Of course, he's coming off that frustrating twenty twenty three, but he's still ranked KB thirteen in Fantasy points per game during that disappointing season, and this is a great matchup in another expected shootout. This is the second highest total on the board this week in the NFL.
Speaker 5: This game.
Speaker 4: Dolphins gave up the tenth most fantasy points per game to quarterbacks last year, and everybody knows Miami as a good secondary, but their pass rush is compromising this game.
Speaker 5: Bradley Chubble course at the ACL is out.
Speaker 4: Jalen Phillips with his achilles is questionable, so Lawrence's gonna have time back there in what is expected to be a good game. Script Travis Etn is a great a good matchup for him as well in a game that's going to be high scoring. He's going to get his yardage and should be good for at least a touchdown here. Christian Kirk, I'm gonna give him a B was a top twenty Fantasy wide receiver between weeks two and twelve. Last year, Dolphins were a bottom ten team defending slot wide receivers. That's because of Caterkahu, their nickel guy for Miami. Eighty three point five percent catch rate allowed last year on targets awful, and get this, the passer rating that guy allowed.
Speaker 5: One hundred and thirty two point nine.
Speaker 1: That had to be about as bad as any corner in the league.
Speaker 4: He gets lit up like a Christmas tree and Chris Christian Kirk is going to start the party this year.
Speaker 1: Can we move him to an A? You just sold me on it, all right, I'm going a thank you.
Speaker 4: We're switching Kirk to a Brian Thomas making his NFL debut, Gonna give him a C bench, Gabe Davis, if there's one guy you want to take a shot on that is a non Christian Kirk named wide receiver, it is BTJ Thomas. So we didn't see him a ton in the preseason, but when we did, twenty point five A dot for Brian Thomas Junior, and of course he was an assassin at LSH You they sort of kept him under wraps, you know, beyond that did Jacksonville this preseason. But I think it's possible you get some intermediate looks there if nothing else.
Speaker 5: He is a rich Man's Gabe Davis.
Speaker 4: So if we're gonna take a shot on upside on one guy, it is going to be Brian Thomas Junior in this matchup. So I'm gonna give him a C. Evan ingram A of course remains he's a mustard in this matchup. What's going to be a very good game script. Moving over to the Dolphins here to we're gonna give him a grade a B. He was the NFL leader in passing yardage last season, but still only finish quarterbacks sixteen and fantasy points per game. Of course, he still has the accuracy was number three and highly accurate throw rate last year, and this this is a solid matchup. The jaeg Orris are bottom seven last year in passing touchdowns and yards allowed per game, and also fantasy points per game allowed to quarterbacks. The touchdowns is the only thing that the variants on that where I bumped to it to a b.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's because they love to run the ball for sure, you know. And that's you know, if you're gonna get raheem Mostered finished with what eighteen touchdown last year? Sure, so yeah, that's part of it.
Speaker 4: And Devin Auchan he gets an a here running back five and fantasy points per game number one in explosive run rate, was also number two in yards after contact per attempt as a rookie. Jaguars allowed the twelfth most rushing yards last year a middling run defense. A Chane must Art Rahie Moster, the aforementioned Moster great b here he averaged seventeen point two fantasy points per game win playing with a Chane in twenty twenty three, I felt like he went a little bit underdrafted this summer, did most of it. This is gonna be great, yeah in this game here, this specific matchup, this is going to be a fast paced game with points galore. That's a Moster game script. Jaguars were twelfth worst in fantasy points allowed to running backs per game last year, and Jacksonville was dead last in receptions allowed to opposing running backs. So Moster a good matchup for him, Tyreek killichourse must start. Jaylen Waddell gets a be wide receiver thirty four in PPR last year after being wide receiver seven and twenty twenty two fight his thousand yard season, but of course only had the four touchdowns. Speaking to the game script thing, yeah, the Dolphins average three point eight more rushing yards, are more rushing attempts than the year before last year, so that goes against him. And then last one, John new Smith gets a be here. Last year, the Dolphins tight ends scored zero.
Speaker 5: I'm going high on him.
Speaker 4: Scored zero touchdowns and average are only a little more than three targets per game. I think John new Smith finally gives them that third option in the receiving game to go a cheetah and waddle.
Speaker 5: He's a skilled receiver and a good athlete charts.
Speaker 4: Keep in mind on a sixty yard touchdown last October, John who was clocked by.
Speaker 5: The GPS with the third fastest.
Speaker 4: Top end speed up any tight end in the NFL since twenty sixteen, twenty one point one Miles Prower.
Speaker 5: That guy still got juice.
Speaker 4: The Jaguarers gave up the fifth most fantasy points per game to tight ends last year, John who wheels up?
Speaker 1: I love it, John hu Smith fantastic. You know you know that guy's close to my heart. More matchups coming up when we come back. Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Guillotine Leagues dot com. It's the funnest, freshest way to play fantasy football. You know how it works. Start the tea the season with up to eighteen teams, and then every week the low scoring team gets chopped, other players go to the waiver wire, and the rest of us start building superstar rosters. You're playing to not finish last leagues forming basically all year. Practically we're gonna go, you know, deep into the season. You have lots of opportunities to play and private leagues this year totally free gating leagues dot com. Let's jump back to the matchups. Carolina Panthers New Orleans Saints is not the sexiest matchup, but you already identified one sleeper you liked, Adam Thielen in this matchup. Any other Panthers that you're grooving on here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, theeling was might take a chance on me wide receiver. I'd give him a solid plus. I like him better than his running mate Deontay Johnson.
Speaker 1: Unfortunate long pause in that what.
Speaker 3: Deontay Johnson gets a bench grade for me, He'll mostly draw Marshawn Lattimore and Paulson to Devo on the perimeter. Dabo finished his PFF's number twenty one graded corner out of a possible two hundred and twenty seven players, and Latimore only allowed three hundred and seventeen yards in his coverage all of last year. Both of those guys allowed exactly one touchdown in their coverage in twenty twenty three. I can't figure out a way to get Deontay into a lineup this week. And if I don't like Deontay, I really can't start Bryce Young, who in two full games against the Saints last year had yardage totals of one fifty three and one thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: That's bad.
Speaker 3: That's bad. Now. They did bolster the offensive line with some free agents, but I'm not sure if it's enough for me to start Bryce Young in a scenario where I haven't seen him play a good game really in a long time. Chuba Hubbard, it's the only guy that you would actually think of playing outside of Theelan in this one. He should be the main ballcarrier against the Saints this weekend. If he's utilized anything like he was in their December matchup, where he had twenty five touches for ninety six total yards. That's not bad, but new head coach Dave Kanalis's track record against the Saints with his running backs was if he at best. Last year in Tampa, they had Rashad White and either Keishan Vaughn or Chase Edmonds basically split touches in their two meetings with the Saints last year. He just went totally game split in that one. And by the way, Rashad White had a ton of touches last year, which I'll talk about a little later in the show. But they did very little on the ground and they did most of their damage through the air. Hubbard not really a pass catching back, so it seems like there's just not enough meat on the bone for a start here. I'm going to keep him on the bench On the Saints side. Chris o'lave, I'm only going to give him a B grade in this one. The noteworthy thing about the Panthers defense last season was they were so bad against the run that barely anyone threw against them, or were they kind of good in the secondary? That's possible. Troy Hill and j. C. Horn were both above average corners. Both held opponents to an A dot under twelve, so they were definitely fine giving up the underneath stuff. And Olave had two like so so days against the Panthers four for twenty eight and a score and six for eighty six in the other one. If you feel comfortable with like ten to twelve PPR points, I think that's about where Olave lands here. As for the rest of the Saints passing game, including Derek Carr and Taysom Hill, I got them all on the bench as a member of the Saints last year. Carr did tally three hundred and forty seven passing yards against the Panthers total in two games. That's not good. And I know, I don't know what league you're in where you need to start Car right now. It's like one of those leagues where you have no choice but to start to start a Saints quarterback.
Speaker 1: It's quarterback.
Speaker 3: You have to start a Saints quarterback in this one weird league that Scott Fish made up the weird rules on I'm sure Alvin Kamara, he gets a B grade. Kamara managed fifty six rushing yards and a score and in only twelve touches in his loan outing against the Panthers last year, and the Panthers allowed the most total touchdowns to running backs last year with twenty five, but they did bolster the d line with run stuffer Ashan Robinson and Alvin is nearing that age where you put your teeth in a glass on your bedside table at night. So we're gonna talk more about Cliff could come soon.
Speaker 1: Yes, Vikings taking on the Giants. Let's start with the a topic here. Sam Darnold, there's a chance that the Giants front four, defensive front four just wrecks this game for Minnesota. I'm worried about Brian Burns, Dexter, Lawrence Kevon Thibodeau. This might be the league's best pass rushing trifecta that there is and doesn't At the end of the day, maybe it doesn't matter. Minnesota is going to pass anyway. Kevin O'Connell's a former quarterback former quarterback coach. The past two years, the Vikings ranked third and third in passing play percentage. So just through sheer volume. If nothing else, I think you can still start Sam Donald with a C grade. But again, there is a chance this whole thing goes upside down at the line of scrimmage. The Viking's interior offensive line is not particularly good. Justin Jefferson obvious a But you know again, I understand the Sam Donald concerns. But see Justin Jefferson in this offense goes through him first and foremost. Let's not forget Jordan Addison all the offseason.
Speaker 3: You know, bad news.
Speaker 1: He got injured in training camp and you know, and fallen asleep at the wheel of his rolls. Rice in the left hand lane of LA traffic is not a good look. Still a reminder last year, nine hundred yards and ten touchdowns. Would you guys care to hazard to guess thorn matt in the Super Bowl era with thousands of rookie receivers that have been literally thousands, how many receivers have had a rookie season with nine hundred yards and ten touchdowns?
Speaker 3: It's probably count on one hand, five, four, seven. Oh, they're close.
Speaker 1: That's a nice job. Nice job. Now the Giants secondary, I told you I'm worried about their front four the Giant secondary looks like garbage. They were desperate enough that they signed free agent Adorri Jackson to start a week ago, and he's their starting cornerback. The other cornerback is Deontay Banks, drafted in the first round, but he was Pro Football Focus's cornerback one hundred and seventy seven last year. So I like Jordan Addison here. I've got a B grade on Jordan Addison. Aaron Jones plenty of gas left in the tank. Remember last December he was a He was dominating the backfield touches for Green Bay and on twenty touches a game, he was fantastic. Now, Minnesota's offensive line is not as good at run blocking as Green Bays, but the Giants ranked twenty eighth in run defense last year, and they didn't make any apparent improvements to the run defensive personnel in the offseason. Jones a very good receiver. But let me note this, Giants had the best the best defense against pass catching backs last year. They ranked number one in receptions allowed to running backs, number two and receiving touchdowns allowed to running backs just one, and number four in receiving yards to running backs. So Jones is not going to be able to help you a lot through the air, and just a B grade. Let's go to the Giants. Only three guys that really I think are worth mentioning here. Let's start with Devin Singletary. The Vikings are terrific against the run last year, allowing just three point seven yards per carry over the twelve games from Week three to Week fifteen last year. That's most of the season. No back top sixty five yards against Minnesota and they only gave up three touchdowns during that long stretch. Two improvements to the Vikings linebacker group suggests that will not change as well. And I still think they've got a stout run defense. And Singletary doesn't catch much, and the Vikings were pretty good at stopping opposing receiving backs anyway. So you're only going to probably get what Devin Singletary gives you on the ground, and I can only get to a C grade on that. Let's go to Malik Neighbors, the most exciting of the Giants offensive prospects here, coming off a glowing training camp and is the presumed focal point of the entire Giants offense. Really, even as a first star rookie Neighbors gets a Minnesota secondary that gave up the six most fantasy points to receivers last season and was overhauled with veterans like Chack Griffin and Stefan Gilmore. Gilmour only signed three weeks ago. Shack Griffin does not exactly a high demand free agent. I got Milk Neighbors with a B Greggs. I think he can hit the ground running here one Dale Robinson comes into the C grade. He runs from the slot, raises to see Byron Murphy the most and a little bit of Josh mittell Us. Murphy struggled last year rating his Pro Football focuses ninety third ranked cornerback with an opposer passer rating of one hundred and two, and mattell Us allow an opposer passer rating of one hundred eleven. So opportunities there for when Dale Robinson, if you want to go deep Pittsburgh Steelers against the Atlanta Falcons, thor we don't right now as we're recording this, we don't know who the quarterback is going to be for the Steelers.
Speaker 5: I don't know that the Steelers do either.
Speaker 4: They're saying that Russell Wilson is going to be a game time decision with his calf injury.
Speaker 5: We'll see.
Speaker 4: If I knew he was going to be playing at one hundred percent, I would have gone to see here. But you have to keep the Steelers quarterback on the bench, especially that then going up to kickoff. This is not an easy matchup. Is one of the reasons Falcons have a strong pass defense. Last year gave up the six to lowest adjusted completion rate in the NFL. Stay away from the Steelers quarterbacks this week, Naj Harris give him a great at see he fell all the way down to eleven and a half fantasy points per game last year, which was running back thirty from his peak of seventeen point seven back in twenty twenty one when he was a rookie. Yeah, and that of course comes because his touches fell from two hundred and eighty four last year two hundred and eighty four last year from three hundred and eighty one as a rookie. All those touches went to Jalen Warren. This is a tough matchup against the Falcons. The Falcons allowed the fifth fewest fantasy points per game to opposing running backs last year of course that the same thing applies to Jalen Warren, who was a full participant in Pittsburgh's recent practices. Looked like he's a full goal he had that hamstring injury. For those reasons, I'm gonna give him a set and just put him a slight notch. But beneath Nause, his Warrens touches doubled last year. Of course, those came right from Nause, and he ended with essentially the identical fantasy points to Nause eleven hundred and fifty four rushing yards, four touchdowns last year for Warren, we're giving.
Speaker 5: Both those guys to see George Pickens. I go between A and B here.
Speaker 1: Wow, even though you don't think either quarterback is a start, I do, because he's going to get peppered with targets here.
Speaker 4: Last year, so Pickens had a ridiculous fifty point one air yard share when Deontay Johnson was out from weeks two to five last year. Roman Wilson is out. Obviously, Deontay Johnson is out the door. Pittsburgh doesn't have anything else at wide receiver. Pickens was wide receiver sixteen and fantasy points per game during that aforementioned week two to five stretch. I just mentioned he's gonna get wide receiver one usage all day here, and it's a decent matchup. Everybody knows Raheem Morris the new Falcons head coach. They run a lot of zone in that defensive scheme. Pickens's effectiveness has always gone up against zone coverage during his NFL career. I'm not I'm gonna knock him up to an a George Dickens and hey Pat fryar Mouth, We'll just give him a c here tight end twenty seven and fantasy points per game before it's hamstring injury last year.
Speaker 5: It is a decent matchup.
Speaker 4: Fealcons allowed the fourth most receptions and receiving yards to opposing tight ends last year. And I mentioned the drop heavy zone system that Morris uses that opens up intermediate looks, so friar Mouth could get a look in that regard. Moving to the Falcons first game for Kirk Cousins there, I'm gonna give him a grade of B here. He was quarterback eight and fantasy points per game last year before his injury. The Steelers have a middle of the road pass defense. They were number fifteen last year in passing yards per game allowed. Pittsburgh is going to try to hurry Cousins' process because the Steelers last year ranked sixth in the NFL in blitz, right, they're going to be in the top ten again. But Cousins last year before that injury, number two in the NFL and adjusted completion rate win blitz. You guys recall he was very good under pressure last year. Assuming that holds over here after the injury, of course, you know this would be a good matchup for that. Bjehn Robinson and Drake London are weekly must starts. They both get an A.
Speaker 1: Let's hope Bjohn Robinson is a weekly must start because Arthur's last year that was not the case, and we're all assuming that's going to be the case this year. Let's hope that is the case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and hopefully Arthur Smith being on the other sideline, it's not going to be like seeing the ghosts there. Darnell Mooney in his first game with the Falcons, I'm gonna give him a grade to see he last year was a nightmare. He finished wide receiver eighty six over fifteen games. He's in a much better situation here. The Steelers were number four in the NFL, in the rate of single high coverage, single high safety coverage is used. Darnold Mooney is a deep shot guy. That's the kind of you know where you can get a couple of deep shots off. He's going to need a home run or two in this game to return fantasy value. But I think it's possible enough that I'm gonna give him a C. Kyle Pitts, I am ready to be heard again, Kyle.
Speaker 1: Well, and we'll address that very directly later the show and keep going.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give him a grade of B here. He's off the injury report.
Speaker 4: Of course, last year was tight end sixteen fantasy points per game, and that aforementioned Arthur Smith offense, but of course he was also in Desmond Ritter Hell last year. You have a big, big upgrading quarterback and this is a decent matchup. The Steelers allowed the second highest PPR points per target last year to slot receivers, as Kyle Pitts is and that'll do it, Okay, Algier, I keep on the bench for this game.
Speaker 1: I need in my guillotine leagues. I need like forty yards. You get four, like two catches and just gonna good little like eight points. Tyler Lgier, Please these eighteen team leagues. Man, do you need guys like Tyler Algier to just do a little something?
Speaker 5: You sure do?
Speaker 1: Commanders take on the Bucks, Matt, You've already highlighted two commanders as take a chance with me players Jayden Daniels and Austin Ecklerer. Fill in the blanks for me here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Austin eckler was might take a chance on me runner. I gave him a B grade in this game, actually too, Brian Robinson, I'm leaving on the bench though. Do you know how many running backs topped eighty yards against the Buccaneers last year?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 3: It's just four four. Do you know how many rushing scorers they allowed last year?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess like eleven five total.
Speaker 3: Jeez, oh my gosh. The most likely outcome for the top rushing yardage player in this game is Jayden Daniels, which is why he was might take a chance on me quarterback and he gets a B grade. Two. But here we go two, I have a car in his back and he gets an A grade. This week, he will mostly match up with a man named Zion McCay. This man Zion was Pro Football Focuses one hundred and ninety first ranked quarterback cornerback last year, right next to a bunch of names that Charch has mercilessly destroyed for years, like Kendall Vildor when you're in Kendall Viildor's neighborhood as not a good thing. McLaurin saw twenty percent of the targets last season, and the Commanders just shipped off both Curtis Samuel and Johan Dotson, who accounted for another thirty three percent of the team's total targets. If McLaurin isn't targeted at which he won't, at some point, somebody else has got account the ball. I think it's gonna be zach Ertz, who, by the way, if you're a slave to the projections on your fantasy site, he's getting absolutely murdered. I have him in scott Fishbowl, which is a tight end premium league. He's projected by sleeper to get like four Fantasy points.
Speaker 1: I think he's getting more than that.
Speaker 3: It's way more than that. The last time Cliff Kingsbury and zach Ertz were together, Ertz had fifty one targets in his first six games before getting dinged up, So the Bucks gave up the second most yards and the third most touchdowns to the tight end position last year. I didn't want to take three Commanders and take a chance on me, but Ertz is definitely that kind of player. B grade for zach Ertz on the Tampa side, fire up Mike Evans with an A and Baker Mayfield gets a solid B grade two. Washington was the league's worst secondary last year, allowing the most passing yards and passing scores, and the combo of Michael Davis and Benjamin Saint just might be the worst starting corner combination in the league. As the one good corner that the Commanders had Kendall Fuller, he's now in Miami, Saint just gave up a one oh two passer rating in his coverage they acquired Davis and free agency from the Chargers. He allowed a one to nineteen passer rating and opposing wide receiver scored nine times on him last which.
Speaker 1: Is the worst in the league.
Speaker 3: That was second most in the league. League Yeah, right there. With Godwin moving back to the slot, I think people are hoping for a bounce back. He arguably gets the toughest matchup against rookie second rounder Mike Saindris still out of Michigan say arguably because he doesn't have a track record, but Godwin is four inches taller and twenty six pounds heavier. Advantage Godwin, he gets a B grade. And finally, Rashad White's volume carried him to fantasy prominence last year, but he did not top a thousand yards on the ground and did not get to double digit touchdown mark that the twelve other running backs in that neighborhood did. Dan Quinn really tried to remake that d line with veterans, but White gets the A grade here in Week one, with the note that I'm watching Buck how the Bucks utilize Bucky Irving here, there's a decent possibility that it's more of a split than we want it to be.
Speaker 1: When we come back for our number two of Fantasy Football Weekly, three tough Questions, see if you can go three and oh along with our panel of experts as we head into Week one. Fantasy Football Weekly continues on after this Welcome back our number two of Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchion, Matt Harrison, Thor Nystrom with you Thor You've got tons of content on Fantasy life. What can people find there?
Speaker 4: My college football picks for the week, we go through, do our top ten picks, and on Saturday mornings we run through the entire car, give all the player props and all the sides and totals.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic.
Speaker 3: How'd it going in Week one?
Speaker 5: We did?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: We did? Okay? Yeah? Yeah, we're starting out strong and hoping to continue.
Speaker 1: Is that week zero? We're on week one?
Speaker 5: Or we're now on week we're heading into week two?
Speaker 1: Two? That was it?
Speaker 5: Okay, got it?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for the big Syhawk game this weekend.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's gonna be fun. Slaber knocker football.
Speaker 1: I love the slaber knockers speak. Tough question number one.
Speaker 2: Tough question number one.
Speaker 1: What exactly is a slobber knocker? I really don't know.
Speaker 3: I did not prepare for that. Tough question.
Speaker 2: Tough question number one.
Speaker 1: What is the appropriate level of panic when you take an L? In week number one? Which we love, you know, right, half of us are gonna take els? Is it none? Is it some? Or is it a bowel loosening level of existential dread? Matt. We begin with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's more fun staying the course and riding out the storm. We're completely overreacting and trading away all your players. I vote over reaction. That's way more fun. But in all seriousness, it's more about the usage For me in week one? Did a player get the snap, touch target totals that I expected? In Week one? Were there other dark horse players utilized more or an unexpected way? If the answers are not favorable for me in both of those scenarios, it's okay to be in a bowel loosening level of existential dread and make changes right away.
Speaker 1: All right, Thor what's the appropriate level of panic when you take an L in week one?
Speaker 5: For me, it's none.
Speaker 4: I would need a biblical plague of injuries. I mean, I expect to win every game, so you know, you drop one. I'm expecting to only have one loss in the regular season.
Speaker 1: I'm in a dozen leagues. I think every one of my twelve teams is really, really good. But the reality is, as I mentioned, half of us are going to take l's in week one, and we're going to sour on our teams a little bit when that happens, and everybody says, do not panic in week one. It's just one week, or it's such a small sample size, don't worry about it. I say, panic, yes, panic away.
Speaker 3: Chart You're with me.
Speaker 1: If some of your foundational beliefs that you held on draft day are resoundingly wrong in week one, more than likely they're going to stay wrong. You know, there's so much we don't know. We make all kinds of assumptions going in, and week one is when coaches first tell us the real reality. They've only got seventeen NFL games to work with. Coaches can't play koy with their future, holding back their best weapons for future use. They're trying to win every game by putting their best players in the best situation starting week one. And if it didn't work out for your team in big ways foundational ways, panic.
Speaker 2: Tough. Question number two, are.
Speaker 1: You ready to be hurt again? By Kyle Pitts Well and thor you've already touched on this. I believe I know what your answer is going to be, but go ahead and summarize, he will not.
Speaker 5: Hurt us this time.
Speaker 1: You can't even say with a straight face.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is candy man crossing the figures knocking on wood.
Speaker 5: All Right, that's it, that's it. I'm not going to hurt us this time.
Speaker 1: All right, Matt, ready to be heard again by Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 3: I think this is my favorite version of Kyle Pits. The expectations have never been lower because he's burned so many people that there are so many people who just wrote him off altogether. But he's got the best quarterback he's ever played for, one that has made fantasy tight ends look fantastic. Cousins to Howkinson over the last two years, when both were healthy and available, that was a top three tight end situation in the league. I was never hurt by him because I always hated the situation in the last few years. So now I'm ready to maybe never be hurt by him. Okay, so I'm in on Yon Pits. Yes.
Speaker 1: People don't seem to understand how big an upgrade it is to go from last year's starting quarterback des been Ridder to Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: It is a.
Speaker 1: Massive gulf between those two. Two weeks ago, Ritter was waived by arguably the worst team in the NFL. He cleared waivers and is now a practice squad quarterback for Arizona. Meanwhile, last time we saw Kirk Cousins, he was the NFL passing leader en route to a five thousand yard passing season. Cousins has long supported his tight ends. So yeah, Jay Hockinson recently, right before that, Kyle Rudolph before that, he made a Pro bowler out of Jordan Reed. Before that, Vernon Davis. We're going to get deep into the Cousin's career catalog here. He knows how to support tight ends. I'm ready to be hurt by Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 5: That's big time football, baby. He can be looking at Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 1: I think so. If Brian Roli here, he'd be talking about if he's ready to be hurt again again, again, again again for the fourth straight year. Whatever by Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 3: Well, he's a wide receiver, obviously he would say that too.
Speaker 2: Tough question number three.
Speaker 1: For three straight years, somebody unexpected has topped fifteen rushing touchdowns. Three years ago it was Damien Harris called in the preseason this series show, by the way, Wow. Two years ago it was Jamal Williams. Last year it was Raheem Moster. I mean, for the most part, nobody had fifteen touchdown expectations out of these guys. No, who is your dark horse runner for fifteen touchdowns this year? Matt? We begin with you.
Speaker 3: So each of the guys you mentioned were on teams that were top eight in running back rushing attempts in the year the player did that. And each of those teams had a quarterback that I would say needed a good running game to set up the pass or their failure rate was imminent. Then that's Mac Jones, Jared Goff, and Tua tag Tech Violoa La Man. I can never say his name. I'm just gonna go with two of us.
Speaker 1: Good thing his brother's never gonna make it exactly.
Speaker 3: So what team fits the bill this year of a run happy offense with a quarterback they're not fully to let drop back fifty times per game? Cleveland has entered the chat. The Broncos and Giants are here too. You know, I love me some Zamir White, but I think it's Najie Harris, who almost everyone has written off for dead at this point, and many think that Jalen Warren should just take that job. But in Arthur Smith, Smith offense is one that runs. The Falcons led the league in running back rushing attempts last year, and the Steelers were already sixth in that category, and they trust Russell Wilson enough to trade for Justin Fields, who's not known to be a huge passer. I think it's a big time running game, and they have a defense that should allow them to play grinding, hard nosed run the ball football. And by the way, Church loves inside the five guys. Yeah, Jalen Warren only had five attempts inside the five last year. Nase had twelve, which is more than double if my math holds up.
Speaker 1: And I think I think Jalen Warren only had one touchdown on those five carries inside the five.
Speaker 3: I think Nase's sitting on a really sneaky year here.
Speaker 1: Okay, for three straight years, somebody unexpected his top fifteen rushing touchdowns. Store which runner is your dark horse for fifteen touchdowns this year?
Speaker 5: Thought a lot about this one.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go with Blake Koram Blake Corum who ran for twenty seven countum twenty seven touchdowns last year for the National Champions and he is a better short yardage back than Kyraen Williams. I mentioned that before Blake Horn was also the best goal line runner in the entire draft class coming out here, and his usage is going to help ensure that Karen Williams is healthy for the passing down work that he is best suited for. Korm not a great receiving back, Korum makes tremendous decisions behind the line. He finds the crease, he breaks arm tackles. He is the perfect short yardage converter around the goal line. I believe he's going to get all those carries and he's in a really, really good offense. They're going to put points on the board when they're around the goal line there inside the ten, they're inside the five. Blake Korn is going to be on the field. I think he's gonna put up a lot of touchdowns this year.
Speaker 3: I love that call.
Speaker 1: Good job I was, Brian was here to fight you on that. To get to fifteen touchdowns, I need to back who will at a minimum get virtually all the goal line us right, So you have to have that. You guys have already addressed that with your picks. Ideally, he's a workhorse back who will chip in a few touchdowns for distance, but you don't need that. As we saw with Damien Harrison, Jamal Williams. Those guys really just roll committee type backs mostly the players I wanted to get. I liked Samir White, I thought about him. He gets drafted a little early, maybe not as obvious I consider Zach Moss here, I went down far the draft board. I'm like, all right, who can we get. That's a little sneak here. Let's talk Gus Edwards. Okay, let's talk Gus Edwards. Last year, Gus ranked number one with twelve rushing touchdowns from inside the five yard line and number two with twenty four attempts from inside the five. He's reconnected with his old offensive coordinator, Greg Roman, who will be the offensive who is the offensive coordinator for the Chargers. He had a fifty percent conversion rate on carries inside the five into touchdowns and that's extremely good. And even if Gus ultimately sees some carries to JK. Dobbins or Kamani Vidal over the course of the season, he's still gonna be the goal line back, I believe. So we're gonna try a little Gus Edwards as a surprise player for fifteen touchdowns.
Speaker 3: I feel honorable mention here. Yeah, Devin Singletary. Yeah, maybe there's there's no.
Speaker 1: There's nobody else, nobody else to take a goal line carry in that offense. Yeah, Yeah, that's that's I think that's that's defensible. It's defensible. All right, let's go to our next set of matchups. Uh, let's see. Oh, I'm up next Tennessee at Chicago. I'm gonna start with the I'm gonna start with the running game here between Tajy Spears and Pollard. It's all all of the news out of Tennessee suggests it's going to be a split backfield, which is a bummer. The Bears were an elite run defense last year, ranking number three in rushing yards allowed, third in yards per carry, and they return all the good players from their starting seven from last year. And because they were so good, opponents ran the ball at the third lowest run percentage. So maybe the right answer here is just bench both. But there's this for Spears and Pollard. The Bears were destroyed through the air by runners, allowing the most receiving yards, the most receiving touchdowns, and the second most receptions to running backs. So through the air and both guys ten catch not wizards. Through the air, but Spears and Pollard can both catch, so I think they chip in just enough. PPR helped to make both of those guys see grades. The only receiver we're starting in this one is Calvin Ridley. DeAndre Hopkins is a game time decision, so that means he's either out or he's hobbled by an knee injury, and that means Ridley is going to get shadow covered from the Bears elite cornerback Jalen Johnson. He was ranked as quarterback cornerback two by Pro Football Focus, and he allowed per game averages of eleven yards eleven yards in his coverage, wow, and zero point zero five touchdowns in his coverage. That's nothing. So I can only get you to a C grade on Calvin Lee, even though this passing offense should largely go through him or they'll try to get it going through him. For DeAndre Hopkins, I'm just gonna wait till he's healthy. And plus i gotta see if Will Levis is a functional NFL quarterback. As a reminder, because I've brought this up many times since last year, Will Levis's debut game four touchdowns every start after that game in Week eight four touchdowns combined, staggeringly inefficient in today's NFL, and he was under one hundred ninety nine passing yards and half of his starts. I'm just not there on Will Levis. I hope he gets better. We're rooting for Will Levis. I need to see it first.
Speaker 3: It's got all those Mayo commercials. We need those, we do.
Speaker 5: Those actually were good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for him for capitalizing on a simply grotesque obsession with Mayo.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Chicago side. DeAndre Swift clacks in with a bee. I feel like Swift was unfairly blamed for a lot of the Eagles struggles last year. I think there's a good chance he's going to be the new workhorse back in offensive coordinator Shane Waldron's offense, like you like Waldron had in Kenneth Davis or sorry, Kenneth Walker, going back a long time for Kenneth Davis, Kenneth Walker. Tennessee's run defense largely unchanged, and they were good last year. Only three backs topped eighty eight rushing yards against Tennessee last year, and they ranked third in yards per carry aloud. It's a nice opportunity for swift and I've got a B grade on him.
Speaker 3: Was Kenneth Davis, the Bills back up running back in the nineties to Thurman Thomas.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was quite nineties, but it was probably the probably the odds. Yeah, that's going on.
Speaker 3: I feel like I remember him from tech Mobile.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're maybe I've got barbecue sauce on my mind.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: You know I did put some I put some Ken Davis on my turkey to go with the Minnesota State Fair. Okay, maybe that was it. Let's go to the passing game. DJ Moore is going to draw the Titans best possible coverage and that's new cornerback Lagerious Snead, acquired from the Chiefs. He allowed zero touchdowns in his coverage last year and an opposer passer rating of only fifty seven. So for Caleb Williams, I think the path of least resistance is going to be with the other receivers. Still, DJ Moore too good to bench and his resume, I in pedigree, just keeps him at the B level for me. Let's go to Keenan Allen. You'll want to be sure to monitor his heel injury. We think he's going to play in this game, but keep an eye on the heel injury. Alan faced Tennessee last year and smoked him for one hundred eleventeen yards and two scores. As a member of the Chargers. He did all his damage outside, and I see Alan playing a lot more slot for Chicago because More and a Dunze are outside guys. Alan draws a tricky matchup in the slot against Tennessee slot corner Roger McCreary, who didn't allow a touchdown last year and held Alan to just one catch for fourteen yards in that specific coverage matchup. Last year, I mentioned Keenan Allen for one hundred and eleven total yards, but only fourteen of it came from the slot against Roger McCreary, So I've only got a C grade on Keenan Allen. Now Roma Dunza, I love his potential matchup more and Allen, as I mentioned, draw the two really good quality coverage guys that Tennessee has out there. Dunsay's going to see a lot of the third cornerback, Chidobe Ouzie, who slumped down to pro football focuses cornerbacks seventy seven. Last year, he allowed an opposer passer rating of one hundred and thirteen, and the Bengals were content to just let him walk in free agency. A Duneesay's startable in his NFL debut with a C grade. Now let's talk Caleb Williams. I have little hesitation in starting him in his first NFL game with three startable receivers, give act get his rushing prowess as well. I think he's gotten usually say four for a first start rookie. Tennessee only faced one particularly mobile quarterback last year. It was Lamar Jackson. He ran for sixty two yards. I would not be surprised if Caylen Williams runs for forty fifty sixty yards in this game. And I've got a B grade on the rookie making his first ever start. Four Dallas Cowboys taking on the Cleveland Browns is next. I am not very optimistic about the Dallas running game, and particularly in this matchup.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, nor am I. I mean, I choose your own adventure on this. So here here's my tag is keep z Kelliott and Delvin Cook, our old man combination there on your bench.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: I will give Rico Dwell a see in this game. This is a good matchup if you can stomach the risk, because the Browns allowed the highest explosive run rate and missed the most tackles per attempt last year. So just on that chance, I'm gonna give Rico Dowdell a see. I'm also giving Dak Prescott to see he was QB four and fantasy points per game last year. But this is a tough matchup. The Browns have a nasty pass defense. Cleveland allowed the third fewest yards per game and fourth fewest fantasy points per game too opposing quarterbacks last year, and of course Miles Garrett and Zadarius Smith were both PFF top ten pass rushers last year, so Dak is not gonna have a lot of time to make his decisions either way. Ceedee Lamb remains a must start. I'm going to advise people to keep Brandon Cooks on the bench, though, in what is a bad matchup here. Jake Ferguson will give him a C ranked number eight last year among tight ends and fantasy points. But this is of course a tough matchup, so if you have a better option, sit Jake Ferguson. The Browns allowed the third fewest passing yards per game and least fantasy points per game to opposing tight ends last year. Moving over to the Browns, keep Deshaun Watson on your bench this week. He, of course a middling fantasy quarterback last year, did finish quarterback fifteen points per game for quarterbacks last year, but that was well, ranking number eight among quarterbacks in rushing yards per game. If that falls off any we got problems unless his passing magically comes back. And the passing is not coming back in this game. The Cowboys allowed the fifth fewest passing yeards per game last season. Jerome Ford, I'm gonna give him a C. Weeks three to seventeen last year, after Chubb went down, he averaged fifteen touches a game with sixty seven total yards RB twenty during that stretch. The Cowboys are a sure tackling team. They had the second least tackles missed per attempt last year, but they struggle against gap runs and the Browns run a ton of gap and Jerome Ford loves running gap.
Speaker 5: So because of that, I'm gonna give him a sea.
Speaker 4: Amari Cooper, I'm gonna give him a be wide receiver seventeen and Fantasy points per game last year average ninety six receiving yards per game. And this is a solid matchup for him because Deron Blant is out for the Cowboys, Cooper's going to face Trevon Diggs coming off with torn acl and then you'll probably see a little bit of the rookie from wake Forest Kaylen Carson as well, so it makes the matchup a little.
Speaker 5: Bit better for him.
Speaker 4: Jerry Judy keep him on the bench wide receiver fifty five in Fantasy last year, but this is a tougher matchup for him. I think all the targets are going to be going to Amari Cooper, David and Joku.
Speaker 5: I'm going to give him a se. He was our tight end.
Speaker 4: Seven last year in Fantasy, but was only tight end seventeen when Deshaun Watson was behind center. And the Cowboys are one of those teams there's a few in the NFL, but where they're always good at defending tight ends. Last year the Cowboys, and this has been going back a couple of years. Cowboys allowed the third fewest receiving yards to opposing tight ends last year.
Speaker 5: But we will give Endjoko a seed.
Speaker 1: I think Dante Foreman is really interesting. I think he's going to be a factor in this offense. We know Kevin Stefanski wants a two headed rushing attack. Yeah, Chubb and Hunt for years, right, you know these aren't.
Speaker 5: Chubb and Hunt.
Speaker 1: But I still think I think Jerome Ford's just not a workhorse back. So I think Foreman is going to be more in the mix. And you know, I think there's a sneaky scenario where he's Fantasy relevant in this very game when you don't want to pass into the teeth of the Dallas defense. I could see it.
Speaker 5: Too for sure.
Speaker 1: When we come back, Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks, Bo Nicks making his debut. Is this a helpful outcome for the Denver Broncos? Is there anybody to play? Find out when we come back. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly co host Matt Harrison. You've got an exciting new game at Fanball.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We just launched a brand new mobile app called Fanball Winners, and it's a really fun, easy game. It's it's basically you pick the winner of each group of three players. So this week we have Anthony Richardson, CJ. Stroud, and Caleb Williams. Okay, which one of those guys will have the most Fantasy points? If you get all three of your groups right, you win the split pot overall. And it can be you know, a five dollars bet that could get you a couple hundred bucks. It's kind of cool, all right, And hey, we'll do a deposit match if you use FFW as a code. Oh all right, we'll do a twenty dollars deposit match. And anybody who wants to play it this weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, love it. That's a Fanball Winner app. You can download that now.
Speaker 3: Ye download it, download on Apple or Andrew devices.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. While you're chatting with us, Matt, Denver taking on the Seattle Seahawks. It's a new era for Denver Broncos football with a new new quarterback, bow Knicks. I'm not, honestly, I'm not the beggest fan. I'm nervous about bow Nicks. I think I think that is an attitude shared by Thorne Eystrom. Yep, a lot more than I do about it.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 1: What are your prospects for your Broncos in this game?
Speaker 3: Well, let's start with Nix and the passing game. I'm gonna leave Nix and Courtland Sutton all on the bench this week. I think Nix is low A dot in the combo of Seattle's decent pass defense is just a bad matchup. Over the last eight weeks of the season, the Seahawks only allowed eight touchdown passes total, and they held seven of the eight quarterbacks they faced under three hundred yards. Sutton should see a ton of Devin Witherspoon and Tarik Woolan, who both averaged only twenty three yards in their coverage per game last season.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 3: That's tough. So I got the passing game on the bench. On the other for the running game, though, Javonte Williams and Julil McLaughlin. That McLoughlin, that's a little more interesting. The Seahawks defense was one of the worst in the league against the run last season, but they re signed defensive tackle Leonard Williams, who they traded for during the season, and they brought in big run stuffer Jonathan Hankins and Michael McDonald, who is a guy from the Baltimore system. They're going to try to stop the run here, so it's not easy to rely on last year's bad run stats, and they were bad even at the end of the year. In the last seven games of the year, seven different running backs top seventy yards. Five of those also scored. But samaj p Ryan is now out of town and that opens about twenty snaps per game for Williams and McLoughlin to split. Williams averaged thirty three snaps in about fourteen carries per game over the last seven weeks. I expect him to be the first and second down guy. I'll throw a B grade on him this week. McLoughlin, I still expect is the third down, passing down back. His playing time was kind of goofy over the last couple of months of the year, but what was consistent is he was targeted out of the backfield about forty percent of the time when on the field with checkdown nicks at the helm. I think five catches as plausible, so I'll throw a C grade at him. On the Seattle side, Ken Walker is an A grade when healthy. Last year, Walker was the dude o c Ryan Grubb tended to use one running back at University of Washington. I have reason to believe that Walker is healthy at the beginning of this year and he wasn't for most of the year. Last year, Denver's run defense was a dumpster fire last year. The Broncos allowed the most total yards to opposing backs last year at just over twenty six hundred, which translates to one hundred and fifty three total yards per game. So I love Walker yea. The wide outs are a bit trickier. DK Metcalf should see a lot of Patrick Certain, who just signed that massive contract for six hundred and sixty nine coverage snaps last year, Certain was only targeted eighty nine times, but when he was beat he did allow some decent just he allowed the twenty first most yards in his coverage last year in the league.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's surprising.
Speaker 3: Certain is almost as tall as Metcalf, So it's the rare case where DK doesn't have that massive heightwaight.
Speaker 1: To balance ring over some helpless cornerback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'll throw a b at DK here. Tyler Lockett, he's a little dinged up. He's officially questionable in this one. If he goes, he should mostly see Riley Moss on the other side of the field. Moss was just a backup last year, playing only twenty one snaps, and according to Derek Brown of Fantasy pros, Denver ran a ton of Cover one defenses last season, and in single high situations, Lockett was targeted on just over twenty percent of his routes. Run problem with Lockett that thigh injury and he's been limited practice earlier in this week, I'll still throw a C grade his way if he suited up. Jackson Smith Enigma is the one guy we're all expecting to go off this year. His draw against Jaqwan McMillan is a bit interesting. McMillan covers the slot and only allowed an average of thirty one yards against last year. But on the flip side, he did give up eight touchdowns in his coverage. Eight touchdowns on only forty one catches. One in five went for a score. So if JSN can get to five catches he scores, that's science right there. The problem is he only got to five catches four times last year. I'll throw the seed dart at Jackson Smith and Jigba. I mentioned starting grades for the receivers, so Gino gets a B grade as well, mostly for the reasons I liked his receivers, but it's worth mentioning that he didn't have many duds last year, even in kind of a down season, only five games below eighteen standard fantasy points for Gino. So I still like him and this matchup doesn't scare me enough to take that off me.
Speaker 1: Thor back to Denver for a second. Matt mentioned somemagp ran out Audric estime is is he going to follow up the works here early in this season?
Speaker 5: Do you think I think he's got a shot? Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only thing that surprises about this stuff the Broncos cardon staff has said about him is they keep banging the drum that he's like a three down guy. He didn't show much on passing downs at Notre Dame, so if he's a receiver, that's a dormant skill that they're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Picking out Oakland for that.
Speaker 4: And that's the other thing, like I don't understand this whole thing, Like Estimate absolutely could be the early downback, certainly short yardage guy, be the goal line guy. But yeah, he's gonna have to beat out Yavante for that. I don't see this three downstuff.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the Raiders taking on the Chargers. I'm gonna start with Samir White, who got his first career start against the Chargers last year, and he wasn't bad eighty five total yards in that game. LA's a middle of the pack run defense volume backs with seventeen or more carries, which Samir Whites getting seventeen or more carries. He got more than seventeen, and all of his starts last year averaged seventy rushing yards and half a touchdown, which is not great. It's just okay. White could chippen some better than expected receiving here though. Last year the Chargers allowed the second most running back receptions and the second most running back receiving yards. And people think Samir White can't catch. He's just not a gifted receiver. But he can catch. And I wouldn't be surprised if he hauls in four or five catches in this one. And I've got a B grade on Samir White. Earlier in the show, I told you Gardner Minshew was my take a chance on me quarterback. I've got to be great on him. DeVante Adams comes in as an obvious A had two solid games against the Chargers last year, including a Week fifteen game with one hundred one yards and a touchdown and as I mentioned, didn't take a chance on me. The Chargers secondary might be even worse this year than it was last year, and that brings us to two interesting players. Jacoby Myers, a Fantasy Football Weekly favorite, a nice play this week. Last year's Chargers allowed the fourth most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers, the fourth most wide receiver touchdowns, and as I keep mentioning, the secondary is bad, so it might be worse this year. Myers was a low was low volume in the two matchups against the Chargers last year, but he did score in the Week fifteen meeting. Brock Bowers. Oh, this was a conundrum for me, like part of it because he's been laboring with injury, hasn't been able to participate fully, and you want to double check his injury status coming into this game. Had he had the full training camp, I'd be like, wheels up, let's go. Brock Bauer's elite opportunity. I don't know. With him missing the last couple of weeks of practice, I'm more nervous here. Chargers were middle of the pack as a tight end defense, giving a five touchdowns. They got nuked a couple of times by some very good tight ends. TJ Hockinson had a huge game, Travis Kelcey had a huge game. Cole Kmet randomly had a huge game. But otherwise they held opposing tight ends in check. So I'm just it's it's the cowards way out and Thor. I'm sure you disagree, but I'm just putting brock Bawers on the bench for one week until I can see what's up.
Speaker 5: I have to disagree.
Speaker 4: He's quarterback proof, he's offensive coordinator proof, he's an idiot proof, he's injury proof. That guy's gonna get his manufacturer touch. He's going to turn so many five yard throws downfield into twenty two yard completions.
Speaker 1: All right, fine, segret Trey Turner. Don't start Trey Turner yet. Watch this kid. I love the deep speed that he brings to this game. Watch Trey Turner and let's see if this kid doesn't develop. But let's not start him yet. Let's go to the Chargers side. I've got a couple of sea grades for you here. Let's start with the passing game. Justin Herbert a lot of potentially negative elements here. He played the Raiders once last year and was styming through the air inexplicably ran into touchdowns, which is not gonna happen again. He lost Keenan Allen, he lost Mike Williams. He's going to try to get by with Josh Palmer and try to break in Lad McConkey on the fly. DJ Chark has been ruled out of this game, so that takes another veteran receiver away from Justin Herbert. The Raiders weren't above average pass defense last year, and they return all the key defensive players. And then the other part that worries me about Herbert is Jim Harve is just gonna run the ball a lot. And so I had all that together and I'm just not very optimistic about Herbert and he comes in with the seagus right. Josh Palmer absolutely startable though the Raiders. As I mentioned good pass defense last year. Josh Palmer put up two big games against the Raiders, combining for one hundred and ninety yards and one touchdown. He's the only returning veteran receiver to the Chargers lineup, and I think this passing offense kind of has to go through him. No other receivers to start Lad McConkey. I just feel like I don't. I'm not ready to go for him in his very first game for some of the reasons I mentioned with my concern on Justin Herbert. But I understand if you drafted him in a spot where you feel like you have to start him, I'd rather rest him and just check out what happens through one game. JK. Dobbins was might take a chance to be running back, but as I mentioned when I talked about him, Gus Edwards is my preferred play. It's unclear what the handoff ratio is going to be between these two, but Gus is a top the depth chart and he's probably going to get the goal line looks. And the Raiders had a good, not great run defense last year. They ranked eighth and run stuff win rate ninth by Pro Football Focus. And run defense Gus, you know, look, he's a non explosi four yard per play per yard per carry grinder with some gold line pedigree, and that's about all he brings to the table. Here, Come on, Eve, doll boy.
Speaker 5: We're gonna watch him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not starting them, but we're gonna watch him and hope that things work out for him in the long run.
Speaker 5: And more on him later in the show and.
Speaker 1: Later in the show, and by the way, later in the show means next segment, because that's all we got left. One segment, left, three games to break down, and our premature speculation players find out who they are when we come back. Welcome back, final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly and my last chance to encourage you to play in a Guillotine League. Tons of fun on freshest way to play fantasy football. They are blowing up and you can play at Guillotine leagues dot com. Premature Speculation. Oh, this is where we jump into our time machine and we tell you the players that everybody else is going to try to pick up next week, but you're already gonna pick them up this week. People are gonna wonder how you did it. It was the f FW times, Yeah, it was the segment. Matt, who is your premature speculation player?
Speaker 3: Well, I've kind of pounded the table for the commanders this week, and Thors pounded the table for this guy all off season. You notice that I omitted the second wide receiver spot there because it's Luke McCaffrey now, who's set to start in two wide receiver sets over Diami Brown and Ola me Da Zakias, who are just guys on an NFL team. If McCaffrey does absolutely anything of note, if he catches a ball and makes a good move, oh my gosh, if he catches a touchdown, name pedigree alone will make people go bonkers. They're gonna blow all of their fab on Luke McCaffrey. I'll even throw a bonus C grade on him for this week's game against Tampa.
Speaker 1: There we go, Luke McCaffrey. All right, thor your premature speculation player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna go with Kimani Vida, my other rookie sleeper there. Kamani Vidah and Blake Korm nearly the same dimensions, but Vida is the better athlete.
Speaker 5: He's also the.
Speaker 4: Better passing down guy, the best pass blocker in the entire class, per Jim Nagy, per PFF. Per his college coach, he said he's the best pass blocking running back he's ever been around. Vidals also had four thousand rushing yards in the FPS over four seasons and caught twenty balls or more in all four of those seasons.
Speaker 5: Great contact balance. I love the way that he runs.
Speaker 4: Last year number two in the FPS with ninety two broken tackles forced.
Speaker 5: I think Gus Edwards JK.
Speaker 4: Dobbins don't look in your rear view mirrorcause objects are closer than they appear. Kamani Vidal will be that team starting running back by the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Alvin kamaras cooked as a runner, so I'm going to give you Jamal Williams. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: He's like the same age. Well yeah, way.
Speaker 1: Different runners in different mileage under four No, they're not the same age. Mall Williams younger. I think, I hope under four yards per carrie in three straight years for Alvin Kamara, four yards per carry is not particularly good. His explosive run rate is totally dried up. Kamara's runs of twenty or more yards over the last three years three three and zero last year, no explosive runs, his rushing touchdowns the last three years four, two and five, and he's also turned into one of the least effective goal line carriers in the league, converting just two of sorry seven of twenty seven rushing attempts over the past two years into touchdowns from inside the five. That's a twenty six percent conversion rate that stinks. Jamal Williams is going to get backup runner use and he's gonna get goal line carries very possibly, and I like him on my team.
Speaker 3: Jamal Williams is three months older than Alvin and they're both aged twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I acted very, very upset of me. The Monday Nighter is the Jets at San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Matt Yeah, Breisee Hall every week's start and still in a grade against a good San fran defense, The Niners face five backs who had at least fourteen garys last year. Average stat line for those dudes eighty nine total yards and zero point eight touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Bad.
Speaker 3: That's good enough. Garrett Wilson is my guy and I really love him, but this matchup sucks. Wilson tends to move all around the field, so he'll see a few characters on Monday Night. Isaac Yaidem, Diamador Lenore. They're tough enough, but if he ends up on Charvarius Ward. He's the third highest graded corner by Pro Football Focus in seven hundred and eighty four coverage snaps last season. Through twenty games, they only allowed three touchdowns. I'll still throw a starting C grade on Garrett Wilson here. This is about the lowest I can personally go on Wilson. I think Rogers forces the ball his way enough, maybe a few extra times that the volume might be good enough. No one else in the passing game for me, including Aaron Rodgers, who I will leave on the bench. Last season for Rodgers was brutal. He averaged zero passing yards and zero scores per game. Just see if you're paying attention charge. But in all seriousness, do you know when the last three hundred yard passing game for Rodgers was?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean obviously more than a year ago.
Speaker 3: Twenty three games ago Week fourteen of twenty twenty one. In that span, he's only hit the three one. Yeah, He's only hit the three touchdown pass mark three times in the last twenty three games. So while I'm mostly bullish on Rodgers being serviceable this week, I'd like to see it first. And the matchup sucks. On the Niner side, you thought the San Francisco secondary was tough. Sauce Gardner number one graded corner by Pro Football Focus last year, Michael Carter number ten, the weak spot, DJ Reid number twenty six. To me, this feels like a super low scoring trap of a Monday nighter. I'm gonna give Brock Purdy just a C. I don't want to broct this week. I'd rather keep him on the bench in games last year against top pass defenses in the league. For this, I took a team secondary that was ranked by PFF at seventy five or higher. Pretty average, two hund twenty one passing yards and a touchdown and a half. I'll give both Ayuk and Deebo a C grade. Ayuk missed pretty much the entire preseason and holdout mode. I don't like that, and he's also the more traditional wide receiver. Those guys struggled against the Jets secondary that only allowed five total touchdowns the wide receivers last year, But the guys that broke through were guys that moved around a lot Tyreek Hill once Jalen Waddle twice, both of whom are in the Mike McDaniel system, which is the Kyle Shanahan system. So maybe there is something here. If I have to pick one, it's Debo. I like more because of the versatility and the way they can unearth touches his way. George Kittle a bee. The Jetes allowed a tight end to score double digit PPR Fantasy points nine times last season, nine times.
Speaker 1: Consider how great their corners are. I can see where teams go to the tight end a lot against the Jets.
Speaker 3: If Shanahan's got a manufacture first downs, Kittle might be the top target in this game. Finally, Christian McCaffrey, who's been on the shelf for most of the last three weeks with a calf injury that suddenly sounds like it's also an achilles injury. Yeah, which makes everyone a bit nervous. If you have CMC, by the way, and you don't have Jordan Mason and he's available in your league, go scoop up Jordan Mason right now.
Speaker 1: And even if you have to trade for Jordan Mason, you know you might want to go that way.
Speaker 3: Especially if the Niners choose to give him an extra week off. This is the Monday nighter, you might not have McCaffrey. And by the way, McCaffrey better be in your flex right now, just in case you need to pivot somewhere else. If he's going, he's still in a grade. The Jets were bottom ten against the run last year in rushing yards and scores. It's possible that Jordan Mason is even a deep dart throw play for this week. If CMC is active, I'd give him like the lowest C grade imaginable.
Speaker 1: All Right, four, our final matchup of this show, the Rams and Lions. You've already alluded to this matchup with I don't know. I think we already talked through six seven players in this matchup. There's almost nobody left.
Speaker 5: Have I mentioned that as the highest total on the NFL board this week?
Speaker 1: No, you don't say this.
Speaker 4: Is gonna be a fantasy bonanza. Jered Goff was my take a chance on me. Quarterback Jamiir Gibbs. I'm gonna give an a He's a must start here. The big plays, just the possibility of them could be a bonanza game. Rams have an average pass defense. This is a very good opportunity here in a matchup for Gibbs. David Montgomery, I'm gonna give him a ce. He was our RB fifteen in Fantasy last year and he remains that tackle breaking machine that he was at Iowa State for the Cyclones. Number eight and yards after contact per attempt last year. Rams have a middling run defense and it did not get better after they traded the linebacker Ernest Jones the fourth to the Titans, but risk of the gamescript flipping against Montgomery and going more pass heavy dings them a little bit in my eyes. The same Brown and Sam Laporte both obviously must starts. Jamison Williams was might take a chance on me wide receiver moving over to the Rams. Matthew Stafford, I'm gonna give him a bee. This is his first game in Detroit as a member of the Rams. The Rams, though in this game, they may be without both offense starting offensive tackles and Alaric Jackson. We know he's gonna be out. He suspended, and Rob Havenstein has an ankle injury.
Speaker 1: So those are make Those are relegit losses right there, especially against a really good pass rush for the Lions.
Speaker 5: The Lions have so fearsome edge rushers. Uh.
Speaker 4: Stafford coming off the season where he scored twenty two point five fantasy points per game in five of the last six games.
Speaker 5: Uh, but we're gonna give him a b in this one.
Speaker 4: Kyron Williams, I'm gonna give him a bee, which might be scandalous that a lot of people might get, you know, call him a mustard. Ah of course, Kyron played eighty two percent of the snaps last year, but that's not happening again with Blake Kormantown. I'm concerned that Kyron snaps and touches both go down and that he's yanked inside the ten yard line. Last year he averaged a touchdown per game. That is not happening again. But of course he's gonna be on the field for all passing down work and a bit a little bit more than that presumably, and this is gonna be a good game for both offense and passing. Blake Corum was might take a chance on me running back Poka Nakua is healthy, it seems, and he is a must start with that designation. De Marcus Robinson was charged to take a chance on me wide receiver Cooper Cup.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give him a bee in this. I think this is likely his last year with the Rams.
Speaker 4: The Rams are gonna save twelve and a half million dollars if it can trade him next offseasons. So this might be the swan Song dealt with ankle the ankle spring and hamstring injuries last year, but in this game, very good script here the highest total again. Lions secondary gave up the most passing yards per game last year. Detroit did attempt, I mean over and over again this offseason to improve that secondary. They added Terry and Arnold and Enis Regsher on the draft and Carlton Davis in free agency. But we'll give Cooper a cup of bee here. Rams tight Ends, you have to keep him on the bench. Tyler Higbee's injured. The other two I don't want any part of. In this game.
Speaker 1: The line secondary was the big problem for the whole team. Yeah, that's ultimately what costs them a trip to the super Bowl. I believe less so than say they're head coach making you know, crazy decisions in a particular game. But it might take a while for all those moving parts in this for sure. That's new line secondary not only cl.
Speaker 5: Not an easy matchup either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for that thing to jail, it's gonna have to je and cohal as quick because they're going to be attacking that secondary all game long.
Speaker 1: For sure. And it's Sean McVay. He knows what he's doing. Yes, all right, We've got just a couple of moments here at the end. What fab bid? What percentage of your fab for the season? Would you put on Isaiah Likely if he's a free agent in your league.
Speaker 3: Like three or four percent? Because most of my leagues I got a tight end, I think. But yeah, that seems like a little bit of an over overreach for me.
Speaker 4: All Right, I go if I needed a tight end, I go up to thirty, you go up to thirty.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm like, I'm about a third of my whole season on Isaiah Likely. What we saw is absolutely replicatable. He is going to be there effect effectively. There one a flowers of that passing game. Yeah, that kid? Is he so legit? Yeah, so legit. I love I love, we loved him as a rookie. It's just it's all coming again.
Speaker 4: Did you see that stat word that one touchdown he had where he turned around deep that guy and then ran into the end zone That it was a zero point three touchdown expectancy on that play based on the next gen stats.
Speaker 5: Dude, So good, so good.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Fantasy Football Weekly, everybody. We're delighted to get into the regular season sixteen more shows like this one coming up. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.