Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. Let's go America?
Speaker 2: What Up?
Speaker 1: Greenback, Tennessee's ready? Lucius Clay's ready, Chapel VBS is rolling, Pensico, Pennsylvania, Laurel, Mississippi, Aniana, Alabama, Let's go.
Speaker 3: It's ready.
Speaker 1: The Armies, You're ready, bossam truck, we see you. The coach Who's ready for another Rick Burgers show. Valley Grand says yes, we dow with Yes, We're in. Let's go. What's up? Sack's Kitchen, Huntsville, Alabama, Come see us? Speedy Gum's ready, Montgomery, Alabama?
Speaker 3: You ready?
Speaker 1: I see you there. Come on, Tarhill Fans, I see you, North Carolina. Let's go, Louisville, Kentucky, Atlanta, Georgia. Those Coca Cola trucks are rolling.
Speaker 3: They ready.
Speaker 1: Let's go. I see you Zach America let's go. Yeah, it is time for another Rick Burgess show. As you heard, Speedy, Greg and Adler all here as we unpack another day, and as usual, there's plenty to do and to talk about interacting with all of you. Do want to say hello to all that are traveling or maybe they're getting up in their hotel rooms because they've come from all over here and they're going to make their way here to the Vox seats today. Watch out, we will be hosting today. Guests will be arriving. Two of them will be drawn and they'll have a Burgess ball battle. They'll get a chance at the wheel today, So we'll see how that goes. And then we'll meet all of them. And you know, of course none of them ever pressured to bring us gifts or goodies, but you know sometimes people do, and you probably don't want to feel awkward. So so there you go. That's all I'm saying. That's it, And so the in the in the seats are free. Many people wonder how you get a Vox seat.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The reason why you don't hear us talking about that a lot is that they seem to fill up without us really saying anything.
Speaker 5: Oh within within an hour or two of releasing them.
Speaker 1: So if you if you're new to it though, and you're wondering, how can I make that happen? That you see it there at Rick Burgessshow dot com. Uh, and they usually release what do we go about two months out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's normally the last week a month prior to to releasing. So like you know, for July, it'd be the last week of May, and then for August to be the last week of June.
Speaker 1: So if you want to if you're want to book August, you'd start looking around the last week of this month. Correct.
Speaker 5: June June bug, wow, June. Oh, June old June so June. And I get it because I mean I see the emails, and I mean there's only the you know, the seats that are available, and I apologize they're so hard to get. I mean, it's a good problem to have to because it is. It is, but we try to. We try to get you in and open them up. And we just honored that anybody would even come yeah and hang out with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it works them a couple of different ways. Let me tell you what does not work. Hey, Speedy, I need to come on June twenty one. I got four. Yeah, emailing Speedy that that does just can't do it. Yeah. The other thing that we can do, though, if someone is kind enough and they know ahead of time we got a conflict, they'll let both speedy know and they'll release them again. Right, and so look for that. Sometimes that happened, you're.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, yeah, And those are those of the view that contact us. You're very kind to say, hey, release the two. I've had to you know, work a lot of times it's work or family or I'm sick or whatever. Life right, and that we understand.
Speaker 1: That, all right. So some things that we have to cover today as far as just stories, Greg, there's a George Straight story for you today. Yeah, I'm gonna say, how you I do? I got that unfortunately, and you know, it just makes you feel a little different. We got a Manson family, a member who has been given parole. Yeah, that feels a little strength. Yeah. Yeah, all these years they keep getting to that. Finally got one. Tennessee had a zebra running on the roadways of Tennessee.
Speaker 5: We got Wow, that was somebody I was gonna play Rick, you gave it away.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Go here's the story. It's right here, the story. It's okay. Sorry, it's all right. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: We have the super regional. Field is set. It's set.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Hey, there was some some baseball games last night that went down to the last inning h Murray State at Old Miss. Murray State was up twelve to three at one point, and all they got to do is win, and they go to a super regional. And wow, it was amazing to uh to see Ole Miss come back and and and they come back, and before you knew it, it was like twelve to six, then twelve to seven, twelve to you and uh, you're thinking, no way. I'm like, no way, this is not happening. And and you've been that that team that you're up by four and you feel like you're down by three because you feel the momentum. And here come the students out in right field. They're throwing beer up. You know, there's home runs in all time. And they get to twelve eleven and Murray State gets out of it. And then they go to the eighth inning and Murray State holds them, and then they go to the ninth inning and Murray State holds them. And actually wins the Old MISS regional. Wow, and so Murray State is in.
Speaker 1: Gave up a lead and held on by one. Yeah, it's crazy, but you had to get that in that Old Miss didn't quite No, No, I mean no, I'm just saying that for Murray State to go in and do there are two different reasons you brought that story up. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh, well, the mid majors they they I mean they're showing out this this the region. UTSA put out Texas.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then you got Miami coming into Hattiesburg. It's up with Southern Miss and beat Southern missiet last night. So they're in. So the field is set and the Superregionals are going to be June sixth through ninth.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: And Arkansas won their regional Auburn one. Theres North Carolina one, there's LSU one last night there in Oregon State one, Florida State one, Coastal one. I think they are going to Auburn, Tennessee one. There's u C. L A one, and Arizona, Duke, Louisville, Miami, Murray State, as I just said, UTSA and West Virginia they're all in. So that's who's in the regionals Super regionals.
Speaker 7: I don't know anything about this, but I think you said the Old MISS Regional, but it's the Oxford Regional.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, there anything about this, But I was just going.
Speaker 5: To know they're in Oxford, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, did you know that?
Speaker 7: And no, I don't know how any of this works, but I was like, what's the Old MISS Regional?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 8: And but I looked it up as the Oxford Regal.
Speaker 1: So you didn't know that Old Miss was in Oxford, Mississippi.
Speaker 7: Well, it just I didn't know what the Old Miss Regional was. But that's not the thing that's.
Speaker 1: Under Yeah, yeah, it's not referring you thought that could have been Oxford, Alabama, where Gregan are from. Yeah, you know they got to cut his facility done at chocolock A Park. Could have been out there, played at chocolck.
Speaker 5: So back when Tyler played at jack State, they were in the Old MISS Regional and uh I remember that. Yeah, they beat Clemson in there. Anyway, they made it to the finals of that regional. And so the game's on what Sunday night because you know, they'd been playing this regional for a while, and he comes walking through. They had gone out and done something. Anyway, he comes walking through the house. He and River were over and everything. He's like, wow, so that's the mound I ended my career on. He didn't know it at the time, and he pitched at in that regional not knowing that would be his last pitch over and ended up having to have surgery.
Speaker 1: Again and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, but it's just crazy, you know, just time flies. It was not, but that's a great atmosphere. They had like twelve thousand people there. It was pretty pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: And the text nation Adler, it's old miss, not old miss. Yeah, yeah, I know that.
Speaker 7: I didn't say old old I think you did?
Speaker 8: You did I said old like Greg says the word oil. I said it like did you Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: And I've been looking over at this softball too. This is the world series. This Texas tech Bunch is for real. My goodness, they've beaten everybody.
Speaker 1: What about that? The uh so that's uh? I think Oklahoma was beat by them. I was about to say that. I was just about to ask that because Oklahoma's kind of that's the program to be, didn't it? Normally? We'll be back more of than Rick Burgess show coming up right after this. So looking at text nation, how does this guy go back to sleep? In South Carolina? So I worked seven to three and I napped from four to supper? How does he go back to sleep to be ready for the next day. It's to get to work at seven if I if I nap from four to supper, so supper for me. Now we're we're old people now and we we we have a different schedule. We're we're we're always looking for supper at four thirty five at the latest. Yes, So for him though, he's he's different, so he's probably we think his supper is not six on that for two hours? Is he he works three? I don't know how long he takes it again nap to supper, maybe about an hour. But then how did he go back to sleep? Well, if you look at it, really okay, what you you're up later, but you've got some sleep on the front end. So maybe the total so.
Speaker 5: He didn't have to go to bed till yeah, yeah, I'm thinking I'm thinking he goes to bed lay so he just breaks it. Yeah, the overnight. The overnight, this at length is not that much.
Speaker 1: Right, I say, when does anybody see him? I guess after supper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's a there's a lot of this and I didn't realize it. Yep, there is a lot of people where where our studio used to be in that parking deck.
Speaker 1: Would you know where?
Speaker 5: Uh that if you ever got over there and you started kind of looking at the car, A lot of people are sitting in the cars.
Speaker 1: They were in the shade, kind of hanging out.
Speaker 5: And this guy, this person here says, I get a quick bite to eat and take a thirty minute power nap in my car.
Speaker 1: It's the best.
Speaker 5: And I saw a lot of people kind of having lunch in their car, and I wonder if that's they just get out of the office and then that's what they do, and so they call that their little power nap.
Speaker 1: And that place was covered really good. Yeah, well that's a good place if you want to take a power nap in the car nearing work, that would be a place. Well, you remember, back when I had kids that required me to come tick them up for school, I slept in the car pool. That's it now one time to the point.
Speaker 5: That I had it completely blocked, and you wish somebody had knocked on the number.
Speaker 1: One person checked to see if I was dead, not one.
Speaker 5: But you're right, Rick, that was a power nap time which you could just shut her down.
Speaker 1: And remember that when I had the van, you know, that's back when I had so many kids and I had the big van. It wasn't as sweet as Adlers, but it was pretty sweet.
Speaker 8: It was sweet Southern comfort. Oh yeah, I remember the brand.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course you do. That's when you don't forget. But anyway, I would actually just be in my office. I'd be moving around there, returning calls, you know, and getting getting getting business done. I mean, I would just it was it was my office with wheels. It's a good time, right, You really go to sleep in that boy? Yeah, listen, I used to. When I first got hired at the power company, I was a helper and they put me in the warehouse, which is where you learned all the material and load anyway, the balls. He was the old guy, and he was I was kind of scared of him. Anyway. He's one called me Gary, and I wudn't tell any different anywhere. At lunch, you would look in his office because there was like a window you could see, and he would turn the lights off and lay on top of his desk, on his side, and sleep not on top of his desk, a desk on it, didn't lay down a blanket, nothing on top of his desk, laying on his side, knees up, pulled in. What would he go all the way out? I go, I mean, And I asked the secretary, and she goes, oh, yeah, he takes a nab lunch. Said. I don't shout there, but I'm not a good napper because I'm too quirky a sleeper. When I nap, it's because I am I'm just completely exhausted. My body says, we don't even care about your sleep courtings, and we're shutting you down.
Speaker 5: I got to tell you somebody that a community that I am more impressed with is the landscaping community. Our Hispanic friends. Uh, they can nap under a shade tree in a second.
Speaker 1: White people landscaping. Wow, you think the only people who landscaping is Mexican. Now I will say this.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm just going to say eighty percent of the ones I say are Mexican. Okay, And and they've got their lunch, and they got their lunch and they're sitting on a stump. Understand, some shade and you go by and sometimes they'll be leaning against the tree and you can tell, okay, they're getting fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: That's just part of their cult.
Speaker 5: So I think a lot of the napping is what are you doing for work?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 5: Is it physically demanding where you finally have it some time to shut down.
Speaker 1: I could see those folks, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean they're working. Take my csty get over in shade.
Speaker 5: By the way, and then it's like there are an army after that. I mean that's just everybody knows what they're doing, only.
Speaker 1: One faster than the homage, right if you'd like to see Mexicans versus homage, So who can. I guess it's all according what you're gonna do. I don't think the amage could hang with him and Tim Wilson covered this guy rest his soul. I do not think you can you can beat the Mexicans that sheet rock nobody?
Speaker 8: Oh painting great?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Have you ever seen those trends of uh, there's like this trend where it's like the the if a Mexican guy has a wife, what the wife packs for him for lunch? It is these amazing home made man and it's like a very common and culturally for them. And these homemade meals that these women are packaged. These dudes, no wonder they're taking a nap because it's like, I mean, we're talking all kinds of stuff, good Mexican food.
Speaker 1: I think that what happened at my house here recently was a was a shift in the norm. I'm going to tell you exactly what happened on this gutter thing, okay, And it was a shift in the norm. Haven't seen this. It was a shift, a little shift in the norm, shift shift in. I attempted to hire people that, based on their accent, probably were of Latin descent. Couldn't get them to come to work and do the gutters, couldn't get them to come too busy, that may be it. And all of a sudden, you know who, as I told you, you know, I come home and I'm just going to be completely transparent here. When I finally got the email and somebody said these are the people get it done. I fully expected no offense. I fully expected to come home and see Mexicans all over the gutters. And when I and when I and when I came home, you had one white guy working his butt off, and I was shocked.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that is shocking.
Speaker 1: And he got after it and he got it done. I was shocked. It's been a long time since I've seen the white guy get the job done with no Mexican help. Wow, it's a shift. At least haven't got down on being his ground man. Hey, complete whitey getting it done. You don't see that much anymore. You don't really see a white guy working hard anymore. It was good to see it, Yeah, I mean really getting after it. Do the homish nap, I guarantee you they now they nap standing up? Oh, they now holding the stud. I mean it's is probably required. They hold it the next stud for the deck, and they sleep holding it hold and as soon as they wake up, they're slidding other than him.
Speaker 7: And then as soon as as soon as their rooster goes off, they wake up as this because they.
Speaker 8: Don't use technology, and they go milk the cows. Y'all.
Speaker 7: I will say, sometimes you'll have a solo white guy. Solo white guy will get a lot of stuff done.
Speaker 8: You ever noticed that.
Speaker 1: That's what I had. That's what I had, solo white guy.
Speaker 8: Little white guys.
Speaker 1: She didn't have Larry Wayne distracting him.
Speaker 8: Right right now?
Speaker 7: Maybe three three white guys sometimes not as good as a solo white guy. They'll kind of hang out and be buddies.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I've seen that happen here.
Speaker 8: They're talking about their plans afterword.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I call those every time I passed some no offense city workers. Y'all are great, but sometimes you know, he'll pass and six are watching and ones working, and now they would say, well, there's only one that could be doing what they're doing. We're waiting our turn. I get that, but there's the running joke.
Speaker 8: But look, it's a bad look a lot.
Speaker 1: I see that a lot we heard. And I'm not gonna call him by name, but some mayor that used to work here recommended this guy and I mom needed some work before she moved. Oh not this guy. Okay, nice guy was he? But I think he would show up about nine and then he'd go eat lunch at eleven eve. He wouldn't bring it, I remember this guy. Then he'd mosey on back and work a couple more hours. Then he'd had the Yeah. I think he worked maybe three hours. But it's funny. They didn't get there until you know, nearly ten o'clock and then go to lunch eleven thirty. Greig, what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is it's possible. Honkys are back. So I said, there is hope. This guy that I dealt with I lost all hope. Yeah that's true. Yeah, So so anyway, we'll be back.
Speaker 5: We got a lot more to cover today, all right, Domish and one for nappers.
Speaker 1: They take naps.
Speaker 5: This just need a breather and then you're back at it.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be back hanging there. Okay, I want you guys to listen up out there, Blaze TV boy, they just dropped an explosive investigation. You need to go see it. It's been five years since the George Floyd riots turned Minneapolis upside down, and for the first time ever, three active duty Minneapolis police officers are speaking out on camera. They are remaining anonymous, but they tell the truth about what really happened. Now, these guys were there, they were on the front line when the Third Precinct you know, was abandoned and it was burned, and they're still on the job, still in uniform, and they're gonna reveal something about Derek Shobbin and Governor Tim Walls and the breakdown of law and order in the city is it's jaw dropping. They say that you know Derek was railroaded, that Walls completely filled them, and that they're risking their lives every day in a city that's turned its back on them. Now, if you want to see this, you got to be a Blaze TV subscriber. But right now, the first ten minutes so you can try it is free on YouTube. You just go to YouTube and search Blaze TV Minneapolis Blaze TV Minneapolis. But to see the full unfiltered instigation, you do need to be a subscriber. Now you can head to Blaze tv dot com slash rick and get twenty dollars off your subscription. Sign up, support unrelenting journalism and see what the media won't show you without asking Greg one question and then we will move on. We'll just bury me. No, no, we'll and we'll move on. Okay, would you rather right now you've got to go to this concert George George straight at seventy three are Randy Travis and a wielchair Rick. You're not going to ask me that? Seriously? Should be a quick answer. We're going to one of them. Let me think that should not be a pause. We going to one of them, to the Mississippi. Well, I really, what if I want to be totally honest up and now you're gonna say that, I'd go, George straight, I don't think you're telling the truth. I don't either. I think you either. I think either. I thank you. I think you thought if I say what I really believe, it'll be too much.
Speaker 7: No, no, does it have to be Randy Travis parentheses in a wheelchair?
Speaker 8: Can it just be Randy Travis?
Speaker 1: That makes it too easy.
Speaker 8: That's what makes it too easy, Adler.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this. There we go. I wasn't a huge fan of Randy Travis. Why he was standing so wow? That would you've added this to it? Then? So it is that elevations, George, you know what I mean? And if I'd have been a huge Randy Travis fan before he had his issues, but I wouldn't. So now that he has those and I'm not, I mean, that's horrible and he's doing things to be doing well on music? What's wrong? I mean I had a tough run talking out when he was when he was the same. I will say this just my process of elimination. Two singers not huge fans of either one, they're about the same. And then now one's I gottatch perform from a wheelchair. I'm probably going with the other one. And that was the difference, wouldn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 5: Would you rather listen to George Straight or Beth Mowens do a football game?
Speaker 6: That one?
Speaker 1: No, it's not that George No, no it's not. It's not George Straight. But his voice isn't irritating to me. It doesn't bother me. I'm just not a fan of that. You know. Do you remember standing here on my cot and would you like to interview George Straight? Yeah? He might be absolutely if we could have the true door on, I have to.
Speaker 8: We're never gonna get because it doesn't get anything.
Speaker 1: It doesn't get any bigger than George Straight. It doesn't. Here comes the butt, it doesn't. I mean, I'm not gonna stop right there. The we greg listen to this. Okay, do you remember, because you know Randy Travis, this is this is completely healthy Randy Travis, Okay, back before any issues, and I remember the first time that I thought that this woman with him was like staff or something. Only and the first time when he said it was his wife. You remember the first time I threw you oh yeah, the first time you saw his manager too. Yeah, but I mean this was the first one, not the wife he hasn't you remember the first time you saw that and it was like, I'm the one that was like a lot older. Yeah, she was his manager, and it was kind of and you were like, You're kind of thrown by some rumors out there. I'm not going in. Okay, never mind, I'm not getting you know what you're doing. You know what you're doing. You're digging up bones. Yeah, but I know what you're saying, though I was. I was surprised at them and they didn't look like a couple. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: People are saying, Chris Stapleton is opening up. I love Chris. Yeah. Yeah, would you just go yeah, well you watch I watched it. Well you announced to the group, or fake a bathroom and just never come back. I made just fake a bathroom.
Speaker 5: No, no, yeah, Chris, you're going to drive separate to the concert.
Speaker 1: He's completely there. He's exactly what I like in that country. Yeah, I like him a lot.
Speaker 8: Oh, he's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Boy's a lot of wooldie rathers coming through.
Speaker 1: It's enough. I think we've had enough. Word you, brother, I don't know what you get any better than what we've already done. Okay, we've hit him pretty hard. Somebody asked I feel about Coldplay?
Speaker 8: Did you say that the manager wife was like way older?
Speaker 1: She looked it maybe not current?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, back in the day.
Speaker 1: You know what you're talking about. First started. I'll tell you what when we talk about metal then you she had.
Speaker 7: Like white hair, right, yeah, yes, okay, Look look look look they are two years apart, and Randy's older.
Speaker 8: They're two years apart.
Speaker 1: That's a wig. That's a wy I just said the first time I saw it. Difference is that the original.
Speaker 8: That's the original. Her name is Elizabeth Ivor.
Speaker 1: I was talking about a visual. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 8: Right, But he's actually two years older.
Speaker 1: I said the first time I saw it, I didn't know the acts thank you for people were But that's saying that looks.
Speaker 8: Like that's a that's weird, that's an odd.
Speaker 9: Maybe not choice.
Speaker 8: That's all right, Listen, there's nothing fake on Dolly Martin.
Speaker 7: Greg, don't you say anything about Dolly Parton, not a dark thing that's fake on her.
Speaker 8: Did you know a single thing?
Speaker 1: Trivia fact? Did you know that the Colonel tried to get I Will Always Love You, Uh, tried her to sign that over for Elvis, and she wouldn't do it. Oh, she didn't want to have us singing it. No, she just said, I think this song is mine. I don't want to give up the publishing now. She said, if he wants to perform it, yeah, and this morning habit Yeah, yeah, I'll take that check. But I'm not. I'm not giving you this song. No, No king had a shot at it.
Speaker 5: That would you rathers that are coming through?
Speaker 1: Or go enough enough? Yeah? Where I do want to ask this one? Where's Lee?
Speaker 3: Lee?
Speaker 1: On George Strake? She likes his music, She's not not. I mean, she don't go crazy. Could you ever be putting a position where she would ask you to go? I think she went to a concert one time with a friend of hers, and she admitted it was a little slow. Okay, well gosh, but she some songs on the radio.
Speaker 5: If one of the great kids came over to your house, it's like, Papa, I heard an artist George and all of a sudden, like Ellis like starts playing George.
Speaker 1: Strach sing with me, Papa. I'd be singing, sing I'm a rello, papaup sure, Papa take me. He's coming to the BJCC. I wish I knew more of the catalog. I'd do this little voice with a lot more songs. But I don't let me throw this at you. I think, honestly, in grandparent world, and like I said, I'm only over here in the great uncle world. Haven't gotten there yet, but I've watched all of you and watched others in grandparent world. I think of the awful things you have to go to with your grandparents. At George Strait concert would be probably an upgrade because you have to take your kids with some pretty bad stuff. Yeah, yeah, Oh, I think George may have a fielthy mouth. I've never been there.
Speaker 8: That he may he he may.
Speaker 1: Not Greg Where did that he even come from? Brazy? He's got him with the fifth Where did they even come from? And you know what I have to think when his grandkids are going to go building, is Lisa? Is Lisa attracted to George Strake? That's why you don't like him? That has nothing to do with anything at all. I'm kidding. No, I mean, but I mean, I still if she's let's get this straight, Papa, Papa, take me, Papa.
Speaker 3: He's cooing.
Speaker 1: We Lisa and I went and saw Keith Urban and I enjoyed the heck out of it because he's a really good guitar player for this great show. And she likes Keith Urban. Now watch out and say that, you know, but they're not real people, so it doesn't matter, right, They're not real people. They're not They're not. I'm knowing what my mom made Mary keyth her. Does anybody think that.
Speaker 5: Anybody the celebrity pass that you give your spouse?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not Papa, take me to George Strait. Have you ever heard of him?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Let me tell what you better hope doesn't happen. Keith Urban out of respect opening for George straight. That could happen. Chris Staple is doing it right now, that could happen. I'll go watching then, Leeve here's the.
Speaker 9: Wick Burger's show.
Speaker 1: We're back Handlo America. Thank you for being with us today. Thanks a lot, Adler. I mean, I'm sitting there kind of being charpe. You were right, yeah, talking about how much older Randy Travis's first wife was, and you made me feel bad for thinking that, And of course I was right the whole time. I guess it's because I'm Greg's brother. You're right again.
Speaker 8: I'm just googling things as quickly as I can.
Speaker 7: As we try to do a show, thank you, to get the information out to the people.
Speaker 1: Tell the people what happened.
Speaker 8: This is the most informative show that there is ever.
Speaker 1: Yes, tell the people what happened to.
Speaker 7: So it gave me like the old wife's name with the new wife's age difference, and so you were right. The lady with the wig that Greg thinks is also a beard, Elizabeth Elizabeth. Yes, she was quite a bit older than Ramon, sixteen years older.
Speaker 1: So you can eat it.
Speaker 8: We tried to tell you that's not you don't have to say that.
Speaker 1: You're right, Greg, right again.
Speaker 7: So he was married to lib Elizabeth Hatcher in ninety one to twenty ten.
Speaker 8: They had a large age difference.
Speaker 1: That's rights, manager, Dad, And who are with you, judge? Sometimes older women go after younger man. It's not something's never happened. So there we go.
Speaker 8: There you go, all right?
Speaker 1: All right, so false information.
Speaker 8: I'm trying my best.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you where I think that attitude about it.
Speaker 8: Not have an attitude.
Speaker 7: I was trying to defend an old lady that y'all were calling even older than she was.
Speaker 1: But you were wrong. No, you maker younger than you will.
Speaker 7: I am for women, okay, I protect women's rights, and I'm not agists either.
Speaker 8: Y'all are agist and sexist.
Speaker 1: You notice if you noticed so Adler during the month of June really doubles down on his love for women. Yeah, let's let me let y'all know who I'm with you. But apparently he's given everybody a bumster on something else something for saying that he touts all the time. Oh my god. Yes, talk about.
Speaker 10: Why beef tallow is absolutely not a replacement for sunscreen. Why is this a bad idea? No UV protection? Beef tallow has an SPF of like zero, so you're not going to get any UV A or UVB protection, which we know causes skin cancer, sun damage, pigmentation, and premature aging. Second is, increases in sun damage. Oils like tallow can actually increase the risk of confetration, so you're not just unprotected you're even more.
Speaker 1: That's a dermatologist.
Speaker 5: They're saying, Okay, that's not what I have.
Speaker 7: I have tallow, but there's zinc in it. I don't know why I'm having to defend my my like the things that I rub on my body, choices like I don't understand why I have.
Speaker 5: To with toothpaste. Right, you're still going, yes, it is.
Speaker 1: When when he was Henry the horse and day with his shirt off, when he came by me, I caught a little wheel.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that's because my armpits were right by your face.
Speaker 1: But you know what had onion patch. But but it did, it did add to it because you did smell like a horse.
Speaker 8: But it's not just like big Foot.
Speaker 1: All right, right, I'm just saying that.
Speaker 7: I never said anybody you should just rub rendered. That's what tallow is fat. It's lad you did be fat. It's honestly great for your skin.
Speaker 1: You're making you're making people go out in the sun and basically deep for them.
Speaker 7: Never know, in fact, no, no, no, no, no, you're right, you know that's what I'm not saying.
Speaker 8: Do that now.
Speaker 7: There is something to be said about these modern sunscreens, with these chemicals that are.
Speaker 1: In them and here he goes.
Speaker 7: Now, Now, if y'all want to talk about that, we can. But I am a tallow and zinc sunscreen guy. And if in fact, I'll just go to the shade and and and stay in the shade, wear a big hat and and stay out of the sun. That's what I actually try to do. I try not to wear sunscreen. I don't like wearing sunscreens.
Speaker 1: I don't either, but it's important for people like Speedy.
Speaker 7: But yeah, you know, if you're gonna be in the sun, sun damage is real. I'm not one of those people that thinks, like, you know, skin cancer is.
Speaker 1: Fake and you've been insensitive. They need to cut Gregg's and knows off.
Speaker 5: Yeah wait, you still got to go back you.
Speaker 1: They've caught him like an app.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean you go every six months so they don't slice you up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stay on top of that is smart.
Speaker 8: This wise decision you do. I need to do that. My nose got burned you so many times as a kid.
Speaker 1: You know. Another good wide decision. The odorant. Yeah, let's let's talk about that. Let's talk about you being afraid.
Speaker 8: We put illuminum in my body.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 8: Heavy metal has never heard anybody I do that.
Speaker 1: Do that than have something that don't have that in it.
Speaker 8: I know. That's what I use.
Speaker 1: Good, that's what I use.
Speaker 8: Sometimes Sometimes it's just not part of your day.
Speaker 1: There's a little earthing.
Speaker 8: Right here. I'm right here. That's not when you say a little bit I'm Adler.
Speaker 1: Wrong with earth. You could take a Burgess ball basketball and hit him with it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I was just saying he's a little earthy. Okay, that's five times you say, we know it's not negative. You just think and you got dirty feet.
Speaker 8: I'm not George Straight. I'm not George Straight. Don't hate on me.
Speaker 1: What you're saying throughout the month of June is you're actually Chris straight?
Speaker 8: Yes, right, super straight.
Speaker 1: I mean advertising that van.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the rainbow the rainbow flags that are coming out. I'm sorry, but Halliburton, do you smell it? Halliburton is putting Pride flags on missiles and such.
Speaker 8: I'm like, yo, that's really great. What a sincere gesture.
Speaker 1: Could you be any more any more inappropriate with that one?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: My goodness?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, but back to Tallow It's great, it's a great product, and I wish that.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to get away from these seed oils, Greg, I'm trying to not die and be.
Speaker 1: Stuff.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Yes, And if anybody knows where to find some donuts frieday in beef tallow, send me an email please. I want to get some good, true old school donuts. That's how they used to do donuts.
Speaker 1: Where did this come from?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Did donuts get into.
Speaker 8: This tallow beef tallow beef?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: And what's now?
Speaker 1: We are? We basically just come up with a fancy name for Crisco.
Speaker 8: No, it's the opposite of Chrisco.
Speaker 7: Crisco is an industrial byproduct that they have tricked us into thinking is good to conscern me.
Speaker 8: It was used as a lubricant.
Speaker 7: And then they're like, you know what, we can make money selling us to stupid fat Americans.
Speaker 3: Hohurrh.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 7: They put the monocles and they danced around in their top hats with the monocles on.
Speaker 1: Do you remember growing up? Honest, you were too young at her because you you actually people woke up. But and I guess we're all doomed. We all grew up in homes that every single home had that big old bucket of Crisco. Crisco everybody, and how about that scoop and they scoop it out like an ice cream scooper, throw it in that band and you're off and running. And what you're saying, let's go back to real lord.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, absolutely, somebody here says what you also remind me of my dad because that was one of the national Yeah. They make and sell tallow products with essential oils, of course, some with magnesium, some with zinc. Can't keep them on the cell, yes, can't keep them.
Speaker 7: They're great products and people that know get them, that aren't stupid.
Speaker 1: So this woman that puts you in your place, she's leaving out the zinc parts, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 7: She's yeah, she's just I never said that you just put animal fat on your skin to protect you from the sun.
Speaker 5: Amer and Seinfeld tried, butter she is responding to, there's a new ad that has popped up for beef tallow sunscreen that people are confused about. And she was trying, she was referring to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't take it personally. Didn't you tell me that it was that you were JT when you met Sting that he was thumping. That was me. That's that European stuff. They'll bump. They don't say Europeans a bomp hey, they will. You're right. There's a lot of Adler, there's a lot of ALA's got a little European in.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no, no no. Don't don't don't, don't. Don't lump me in. Don't lump me in with that.
Speaker 7: Greg got lady, all right, I didn't write all my exes live in Texas.
Speaker 8: I didn't do that. I didn't make that song.
Speaker 11: You're right, so you're telling everybody coda with tallow and go now he's let's talk about big sunscreen and big corn oil.
Speaker 9: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Subscribers, but you also have on the YouTube channel. You know you got you got your Wenesday Bible Study that I'll be back again tomorrow. You've got the brand new podcast Strange Encounters episode one, two and three is there. You've got Tales from the camp House episodes one, two, three, and four. Uh So coming up this weekend episode five the Fish Fry. That'll be it Teals from the camp House and also episode four of Strange Encounter. I will actually interview Calvin Speedy Wilburn about some of the things that he experienced back in the Thirteen Days of Horror, and that led to us stopping that beloved segment on the Years of Rick and Bubba. So we'll talk about that coming up on Strange Encounters, So don't miss that. And if you're looking to get men, don't run in the rain autograph copies for dads for Father's Day. The cutoff is Monday, so just keeping you in the loop, all right. So this I keep getting this. I know y'all do too. I'm not gonna do a full blown hey birds here, I just want to use this from email to prompt this conversation and to hear what you got I mean. And it's just starting to get legs, and it's getting weirder by the moment, okay. And that is this notion that Auburn basketball coach Bruce Pearl is about to step down and run for Tommy Tuberville's senate spot. See this, you know, the first time I saw it, I just just regard because I thought it was so absurd. And now I'm starting to get it. I even have it in the email today on the hay Bird and on this one this person is suggesting that not only do they think he is going to step down, it's the Democrats that are trying to get him to run. That's got it. I cannot imagine that's on Israel alone. Correct, On Israel alone, there's no way Bruce Pearl would go over to the Donner. Now on Israel, that's just so Roger, I think. I think that's that part's really out there. But now back to just the because you know we had you know, Jared Hudson come on, and of course he's going to be speaking to my home church next week. By the way, Wow, a lot of you are coming. Good. I'm glad you are. And at our next man church gathering, we're doing a breakfast at my home church in Birmingham next to next Saturday the fourteenth, And you can still join us if you want to, no charge for that at all. You just need to register so we know you're coming. So the but so, and then there's I think Steve Marshall, Steve Marshall who served as Attorney general right in Alabama. And uh, I think he's still on his hat in the ring, correct, I saw that? Yeah, And and so I just I can't imagine with these kind of candidates already out there, that Bruce Pearl would have any desire to step away from a program that he is turned into a contender every year, making great money doing what he loves, and he has a platform to say the things he cares about and does and does do that to make to try to make change. So I just find that kind of Yeah.
Speaker 5: I heard as soon as coach Senator Tuberville announced what he was going to do, you heard, I heard that could this happen, It might happen, you know, and then it started.
Speaker 1: Now now it's like it's gonna happen, and then it's continuing.
Speaker 5: We we just need to reach out to them and they can put it to rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why don't you also this one? Greg? I got to get you you and add all of you Speedy. I think, Look, I'm I'm I'm an example of and I'm thankful for always the second chances, thankful for God's grace and mercy. Without it, I would be doomed. But I do think here on earth, sometimes you know, people can get their act together behind bars and and hopefully change them and be an agent of change inside of prison. But something about this headline. You know, I kind of put it up there with how I felt about and you did too, gregor about the Menindez brothers when the crime is so heinous and so horrible. And I hope everybody gets right with God before they die. I really do. But when you see this headline, Manson family member Patricia is it has been granted parole. Yep. And you see this right under that again, she can be forgiven between between her and God. I'm not denying forgive. Don't know that situation. I'm strictly talking about here on earth, the judgment that was made here on earth for her heinous crimes. And you see underneath no one likes this line. Killed seven people, an unborn baby, and scrawled helter skelter and her victim's blood. She's been in prison for fifty five years and now she's been granted parole. Yeah, how do we feel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's the longest serving woman in California prisons fifty five year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every year they would come up. I think the other two girls have died right charge.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: In twenty fifteen, New York Times did a documentary on this and they interviewed her or whatever and here's rick maybe fifteen twenty seconds of her talking from my computer back back in that documentary, and I.
Speaker 1: Tried to remember sometimes, is that what I am today is not what I.
Speaker 5: Was at nineteen nineteen is when she did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I agree with that. I think we can all say that. Of course, at nineteen there's very few of us. I hope that killed seven people, including an unborn baby. Yeah, yeah, and scrawled helter skelter with victim's blood. Yea. Most people just said I drank beer and I probably shouldn't have. Yeah, you know, he's.
Speaker 8: Young and dumb.
Speaker 7: Yeah, young and dumb, and then there's young and murder.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Different, it's a different. Yeah, there's no age on it. Age has nothing to do. And again, I hope that she is ready to face her creator. I hope this has been an opportunity for her to get all that right, and her eternity will be this will never be remembered again in eternity. But here on her if she did that, I don't know what she's done. I don't know about her spiritual life or anything, but I'm just saying that that's available to her. So so when But on earth, I think that's got to be one of those things where you just say you're gonna have to stay in there till your earthly life is done. Yeah right, I think I think so right, you know, but there you're saying there finally the governor before granted has granted parole. So there we go. So that happened on the thirties seventy seven now and so so we'll we'll see what happens going forward on that one. But yeah, that's uh, you know a at nineteen, I got in with the wrong crowd. That's a little different than I was part of the Manson family. Yeah, yeah, talking about the wrong crowd. I'll even give you rob a bank. I'll give you that, sure, carjacking?
Speaker 7: Are we talking gunpoint robbing or just like you know, mark marker in your pocket, you know.
Speaker 1: Walk in with a with a note and say give me all the money. Is my gun real or not real?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's not real, it's not real. Okay, Yeah you can get out after a while.
Speaker 1: And now, yeah, but we did, but we having a real gun in somebody. But you can't be that something against you the rest of your life. If you didn't pull the trigger, if I didn't you want someone to never get out just because they point I need a gun one time?
Speaker 8: What about yeah kind of, yeah, yeah, kind of if you point a gun.
Speaker 1: What if they changed their life and they're like, I won't do that anymore and they never pulled a trigger.
Speaker 8: Twenty years.
Speaker 1: I don't believe Crin Wingle what her name is a threat to society, but she still don't deserve to be out.
Speaker 5: That's a good way of saying, what about you steal something as a young kid.
Speaker 7: Okay, I serve my time for that. Okay, they took my season pass away. All right, it is the worst summer. You were supposed to be the summer.
Speaker 8: Of Badler, and it was the summer of sadness.
Speaker 1: I put out of statement, I don't have the same person I wasn't agent. As we start this hour, we got to jump right into this Mount Etna. Boy, I'll tell you it has the eruption of the volcano has got a lot of people, and we're getting footage and audio. Speedy. Here's someone audio that that saw the volcano erupt as well, so I can find of her too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, but this is they're they're catching it live here.
Speaker 9: I can see it it's going up.
Speaker 8: It's going yeah, it's gone right now.
Speaker 12: I mean, this morning was the most astounding thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 8: In my life.
Speaker 5: And so when when she said that, Greg's like, most is going thing.
Speaker 1: Most astounding thing? Where is that Mount Etna Adler Is? I can't in Italy? But it's there's no more to tell away from here, real hard to pronounce the actual precise location there in Italy with a lot of words.
Speaker 5: And if you're up there and you're out, you're running, Greg, are you okay with that?
Speaker 1: No, you don't want to be there, So your problem is she said it was the most what thing she'd ever astounding, the most astounding things she's ever seen. Of course she probably never saw me playing eighty two, But I'm just saying you got to consider the things she didn't see. Has she ever sing the birth of a baby? Probably that's a big one.
Speaker 8: That's the most sounding thing I've ever said.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, that's that's a big one. I watched, that's a big one.
Speaker 7: Here is the these are these are guides and tourists on the mountain when it when it when it went off, Look at they're just running away from a volcano, y'all. A lot of them.
Speaker 1: Look, I just one guys like that. If I run too fast, if fall, I guarantee you that's my lug.
Speaker 5: You know, you save up and you finally make this long trip and you get up there and this happens. And Rick, this is when you look at the guide and you follow them.
Speaker 1: At anytime I've traveled the world, Uh, always look to the God. If the guide panics, it's really bad, you should panic. It is really really bad. God is running you run Like, what was that safari?
Speaker 12: You were on.
Speaker 1: The Safari?
Speaker 7: Guy, that's rocky terrain. They're having to try to run down to that's Ankle Twist.
Speaker 1: City, right, So scared. He's a little lot of shit, so scared.
Speaker 8: They're having to run fast.
Speaker 1: These are these people. These are these people that said over and over again, this is the year I start doing cardio. Yeah, and then then all of a sudden hurt. Yeah. You realize if that lava gets it's over. You can't beat lava. Looking is not real fast. Okay, you're right, many of them.
Speaker 5: Don't get him on lava. He's not scared of lava.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying I'm not scared of but I think I got time to get clear of it. Yeah, but what if you're there when in eruption, it's like it's close. It's not like we're down in the valley. I'll give you that. If I'm down the valley, I mean I finish off my glass tea and then you know, getting card. Yeah, but when that thing roup.
Speaker 13: But it's just eating everything, there is a time lapse, obviously, but it's just I mean, it's just it's just a massive amount of smoke and fog and dust and lava and my goodness.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question, Adam, and we all know the answer. So what does the earth do with all that pollution that happened naturally?
Speaker 7: Well, it equals you know, we drive cars for one hundred years and and that's it's a.
Speaker 8: Fraction of what that just puts.
Speaker 1: What does the arth do?
Speaker 8: Just it's fine.
Speaker 5: So you have this eruption, Rick, We're playing out scenario here. It starts raining. Can you run?
Speaker 1: I'm running from the lava, not the rain. That's a good point. We can all run from lava. Okay, Okay, that's okay. Lava we can run. We can run from fire, we can run from lava if it happens to.
Speaker 5: Be raining, it's not about the rain, Okay, Okay, you're running from the other things while it's raining, right okay.
Speaker 1: And uh, and there's there's all kinds of things you can run from and uh and I have and let me tell you, I'd love to be timed with some of it because I was scared. Yeah, oh yeah, when you love to be timed on scared run Oh yeah, there's no telling. I'll be I'm out a broken record. Yeah, but now you were you were talking about the different things that have happened, and the Safari of course always, I'm always I'm always listening to the guys always. And then there was the time, you know, and this is when it's It was on a Rick and Bubba best of c D when we got caught in the outskirts of Hurricane strange enough called Hurricane Rick. And I remember being in that boat and I went to the I went to the to the to the pro and and he he was telling me in Spanish. I didn't know Spanish as well then as I do now. Uh, But he didn't have to I didn't have to know because I saw him with the bucket bailing water, and he invited me to join, and I thought, okay, well, this is not good. I didn't know that our answer was bailing water with buckets. This is not good.
Speaker 8: So that's the solution, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And the Safari guy just he was very he was very straightforward. He had a gun as long as this console. Okay. And if we are approached by a predator, do not run. If you do, you would just be tired when you die. Okay, nice note, let's take a note of that one.
Speaker 8: I think he's also taking a shot at you when it comes. When it comes to cardio, he did. It's kind of a kind of a shot.
Speaker 1: No, you remember, that's that time. And Sherry and I, I mean, I think at this point we had kids and everything. We've been married long enough that she abandoned me. You know, early on in our marriage, what she thought was a shark. But we really had not been married that long, so I didn't expect her to be that attached to me yet, and so our instinct was to save herself. But by the time we got to the Safari, we've been married, we got kids now, and when she started distancing herself from me, I said babe, what why are you? Why are you? Why are you not walking with me? You know what she said, you got that limp, You don't look, you don't look your your foot's bothering. You're really bad and I don't like that limp. What do you mean they're going to go for the limp and guy?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the week like you guys do here with me.
Speaker 1: That's a weird moment when the whole we have turned to you and looks and says, we're good. They'll get him. Oh yeah, you don't have to be the fastest, just faster than you. And you could almost feel those eyes all across that South African area that they would look at the limping guy. We can get him.
Speaker 8: What happens in those moments is very important.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: You learn a lot about people in those kind of dire moments.
Speaker 1: She whispered back to me. She stood next to the guy with the giant gun. She said, I'm sorry, and I was nice, right. I wish I could catch up there, but I'm but I'm limping.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: Edna is the you know, Italy looks like a big boot and then there's the island off the toe of the boot.
Speaker 8: That's where mount is. I didn't know to look at it.
Speaker 1: So what's the final word on this? Did everybody are we lava field? What? What? What happened? Did everybody get to safety?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think everybody's okay, okay, but while the views from that that even the town below is getting us show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's not good. You know, you don't want to be the town below. Boy the ash yeah, and and man look at the ash and talking.
Speaker 8: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Wow. Also I got that as.
Speaker 8: It's not necessary. That is not necessary.
Speaker 1: Check out. I was going to transition that into two other tragedies. Transition stopped. Sure, okay, okay, great, So, uh cloud, I was going, I was going for a Gatlinburg update right there. I will move that away, so we'll uh well, we'll be back. You got more of the Rick Burgess Show coming up. You know they can see the ash cloud from a planet. Uh, we'll be right back to stay close.
Speaker 8: I'm an ash man.
Speaker 9: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So I was going to mention, but I thought we definitely need a break before I come back. You know, we've been following this this story in Gatlinburg. I mean, think about me. That's almost like a ride of passage to go to go to Gatlin and the little cute downtown area. And yeah, and uh, yesterday we had the story. We just never got to it because it's it's not a pleasant story, but horrific accident that happened there involving what we now seem to be able to confirm that the person who lost control of the mini van had a medical emergency emergency and I heard the term seizure of some type yesterday. You know, you think about that you're walking along a curb and I mean, you know, you think it's already you want to worry about distracted drivers, but then you think about, what about something like this where somebody just loses the control of a vehicle of no fault of their own. I mean, they're not being negligence negligent, they just had an episode, but now now here it comes careening out of control because unfortunately, and when she had the episode, she hit accelerate versus break. And once again, there was kind of some mixed information coming out on you know, injuries, and one time they had reported they thought there was a death, but now I think day thankfully we can say six injured, seven seven injured and they're not reporting anyone has lost their life today, correct, Right.
Speaker 5: Five victims were in two different vehicles, while the other two victims were pedestrians. When the minivan accelerated hit a pedestrian, that that that also hit a sign, the sign fell hit another pedestrian. The other victims were in the cars. Terrible, terrible style A good scene for sure.
Speaker 1: Horrible and especially a place that's usually so pleasant and you're just kind of, you know, they're happy minding your own business. Yeah, think about that. Yeah, horrible, horrible thing out of Gatlinburg. And then you guys were telling me the guy that we have arrested that did the tack in Boulder, Colorado, that he's doubled down and said if he got another shot out, did he do it again? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I said he planned it for about a year and if he if he could do it again, he would.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's not the way to get yourself out of jail, is it. No, So no, it's not so anyway, that won't help that, that will not help. So so anyway, so just kind of updating you on those two stories and some other stuff today that after I understand that you tried to prepare dinner last night, and you took on a ko chef that was two years old. That is two years old. Yes, yes, we went with a two year old assistant to cook. Well, you're prepared to cook, I guess.
Speaker 7: I was talking to Speedy in the break and you guys were texting quite a bit yesterday, and I was trying to keep up, and I just never got a chance to weigh in. I saw just skimming, looking, skimming, looking, trying to start it.
Speaker 8: And then you're like, oh my goodness, but yeah, Ezra is two. And when you have a two year old help you cook? Oh that's not No, they're not helping. No, they're not helping at all. They made it worse. They slow you down.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I did a gigantic batch of taco meat last night, dud for taco night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we had talked.
Speaker 1: I love. Shouldn't that be today? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I should be again Taco Tuesday. We got leftovers.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you go with your standard ground beef? Do you go chuck? Do you go round?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 1: Venison? Is?
Speaker 7: I think like it's it's a little more lean, a little more lean, little grass fed. It's like eight eighty five eighty five fifteen something like that.
Speaker 1: That's not that's not much of man. Not very good.
Speaker 8: Uh, it's great. What are you talking about.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 8: I don't drain it, by the way, is it true?
Speaker 1: Of course not, you know, because what do you use that? What he does? Lean? But I don't drain. And then you used to use the drain that's left to put on your skin and you go out in the sun. Yeah, beef tallow.
Speaker 7: And then so Ezra helped me by washing tomatoes for thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Thirty minutes.
Speaker 8: I mean, you're just he's just playing in the one he's playing.
Speaker 1: He's all up in the saint yes, yeah.
Speaker 7: And his arms are so short he'll drop the spoon down in the sink. You can't reach it, so you've got to get it for him. Everything's funny every time. His the shortest arms of any child in the in the world. I think, my goodness, he's my kids. So there you go, so small, he's so small, poor guy. Well, I mean he's going to be at the front of the picture, going to be picture like his daddy.
Speaker 1: You lived it, you can say, go ahead and get Chris Cross apple sauce and get on the front road. Hope to sign.
Speaker 7: In fact, I had a buddy of mine all through grade school. At school, I was the second shortest and he was the shortest. All through grade school, first grade through ninth grade.
Speaker 8: We were buddies. And I moved away, moved little buddy moved to Alabama, and.
Speaker 7: I went back to visit him, uh later in high school and he passed me up.
Speaker 8: He got taller than me, and he was so he was so jazzed up. He was like, dude, you god.
Speaker 1: Did you ever find did you ever again find anyone around him?
Speaker 3: Law?
Speaker 1: Did you ever find anyone again that you were taller than?
Speaker 8: Did I find anyone that I'm taller than?
Speaker 1: When you lost him? When he when he became taller, did you go find someone you were taller than in your own grade? And yeah, mad, my.
Speaker 7: Friend, I wasn't the shortest, Okay, I wasn't the shortest. Once I moved to Alabama, it was a much larger school. I was at a private, small private school because my dad's church had a school in it growing up, and there was I went from a class of twenty seven in Texas to a class of three hundred and.
Speaker 8: Fifty in Alabama. So that was a big adjustment. But I wasn't the shortest one, so that was a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're a little fish in a big pond, weren't you.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, I really was big change that first day in the lunch room.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness. You walk into the lunch room, You're like, oh, this is terrible. This is like in a movie. How much would you love getting mad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This real bad?
Speaker 5: How much would you love to walk into the jockey locker room like the Kentucky Derby, Like, hey.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 8: Dudes?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 7: What my friend? My friend group? We were a buddy of mine got engaged. We will all went to his parents' house here in town this past weekend. They're all six four, every single one of them. There's not a normal hYP dude in the group.
Speaker 1: Everybody's bigger. Every generation gets bigger, and we're going back to the nephelin.
Speaker 8: I need some short friends. It's what I need. Okay.
Speaker 7: I'm sick of looking like I'm like somebody's step son that is tagging along with a group of dudes.
Speaker 8: You my goodness, y'all take a group picture with you up front.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 8: We did have Aaron. Aaron, make you tell we make each other look normal. It's really nice, right you know.
Speaker 1: For scale, are you taller than Aaron?
Speaker 7: Yes, without shoes on, yes, both naked totally.
Speaker 8: Even even I'm naked, I'm taller than my wife.
Speaker 7: If you're wondering, you asked, you asked that that has nothing to do barefoot. I forgot to bring some of that taco meet in, by the way, I wanted to make Greg eat it. And you see, even this is gonna do, buddy, You do like he's.
Speaker 1: He's been off in Fredders. When he heard the word frit Or, we lost Greg. Yeah. By the way, you got someone your chin right there. You know what he said? Tip two, they're not very big dead ahead.
Speaker 9: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: There's time, all right.
Speaker 1: So it's time, baby. We started a new hour. Speedy, Greg and Adler they're all here today.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The vox seats are here and ready to go. All right. So we got the We got the vox seats from all over and they've been warming up a lot. They're they're ready, They're they're ready today. I think for the battle. The question is who will it be out of the seats that will be in the battle. Calvin Speedy Wilburn works his way over to the court. He is standing by to announce which two people we'll face each other in the Burgess ball battle. Speedy, come in, Greg, he drew two numbers, Greg, each number is matched. I've bet the Fritter guys in there, yep. And and I saw him walking together. So this is always awkward. Yeah, he drew. He drew Alex Cordon and Jess Thornton.
Speaker 4: Oh, but I know they came in together. Oh, I know together. Oh, they've been trash talking. They've been sizing each other up, a little bit on each other. Now it's on. It's on, so we will see what happens. We got Jess to the left, Alex to the right. Guys, you've got thirty seconds, first twenty seconds. Everything counts as a two. Last ten seconds, it's three's, So don't.
Speaker 5: Give up if you're a little behind. We're gonna go here. We're gonna go here and here and then wait till the applause, wait and go all right, we got Alex and we got Jess.
Speaker 1: Right now it is two nothing to too. What about that shot? Four four to two Jess over Alex.
Speaker 5: Now it is oh, still four to two, six to two Jess over Alex.
Speaker 1: Alex is now drained tuckhuple Now it's eight six eight ten eight Alex over Jess. Last ten seconds, it's tied ten ten, it's thirteen to ten. Now it's thirteen.
Speaker 3: Thirty time sixteen sixteen sixteen, Oh my.
Speaker 5: Graciousness, ninety twenty two, twenty two, it is tied tied.
Speaker 1: It's tied twenty two, twenty twenty two. So what did we do last time? Can y'all remember what we did? I think, I think? What do we do here? Adler knows? Adler what we do?
Speaker 8: It was the three shot? Wasn't it like a three shot? Messed out of three shot?
Speaker 1: Three shot? Was it? Three shots? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what he did. He went, we went the best of three. So you asked to three shots, and we see who makes the most. Okay, Alex is up first, so he's gonna use the right lane. He's got over one. Oh for two, oh for three, Alan City, Alex, Alex, Alex, how did you shoot with your your hands around your neck?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: Jess is up now, Jess, you just need to make one, Come on, Jess, just just.
Speaker 1: One, just want it all right? So all right, here's what happens next speeding listen here. Okay, so the wheel will be illuminated now, and this one went down to double overtime or actually overtime, so the loser is actually gonna spend first. All right, so we've added something. Now here's what happens winter. So when the loser spends, you can either take what he spends and you're like, I'll take that, I'll go home, or or you say I'm gonna spend for myself. So uh, you know, which means money. You got to spend better than whatever he spent. Maybe easy, if he spends something you wouldn't care about, it's easy. But boy, if he spends money, you do have the opportunity to take that money from him. Because you won, brother, and he lost with probably three of the worst shots I've ever seen in overtime.
Speaker 8: That's not necessary to.
Speaker 1: Say, Okay, no, I'm just helping him. I mean. So, so when you're ready, you say it's not will to me because you lost, Alex, it's not will to me, and then spend it. He just said it. All right, there there we go. Ok here we go, all right, so be paying attention. Here we go let's see where this land. Guys. Goodness god, oh my goodness. Okay, so here's your discussion winner. He won vox seats, meaning you could come back whenever, and whenever you want to, we'll work you back in. You don't have to go book anymore. You can keep those, or you can spin and say I think I can do better. Now. Once you spin, that's gone, yep. Okay, so take it or spend for something better. I got to say, of course you all right, so go ahead and say it's will to me. Oh smooth spin, Okay, you go. He's going with land close right here. This is gonna be closest. He's got it. He's got it, he's got it, he's got it.
Speaker 3: He's got a right. Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh man, thousand dollars he told me to grab it. I let it go. A thousand dollars. Wow wow, wow man, graduation Alex. Alex is walking back dejected. Yeah that could have been yours. Alex Jes says, look, reckon, this is not like me. But Alex came in here talking track watch on the camera and that we all suck that what we do, all right?
Speaker 8: And then he comes over here.
Speaker 1: I thought this guy is gonna really live it up and he's talking all that trash. Yeah that's it's just thousand dollars. Yeah, it gets you will You'll have to wow. One thousand dollars for Jess Thornton. Man about that. Congratulations, Man, Wow, I can't wait to get into overtime. It could have been Alexis Rick. I know vox seats are a big deal, but I'm right choice Yeah, yeah, I think you did. I was afraid you were gonna hit on healing boy. You were so close to healing boy. Now let me tell you that's not better than Saints.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 5: I got an idea he could win, he could win both. I'll split the ground with you and give you vox seats.
Speaker 1: Speed. I'm kidding, correct, Do you want five hundred dollars in seats? Speedy takes the other five hundred, which feels which makes us now realize we didn't realize it. So just now Speedy's running a black horse.
Speaker 8: Paid to be here?
Speaker 1: How many I'm paid to be here?
Speaker 8: Speedy's been moo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was joking. Do you see me? He did think about it. I realized I remember a minute ago, and I thought they were kidding. When the person said, you know, this is great, worth every penny, and I thought, I thought, what's a joke. Because it's free, you realize have your fun. Maybe there was more.
Speaker 8: Speed selling VIP packages.
Speaker 1: How about the upgrade? And when he wins a thousand, I was exciting, not for Alex, but it was exciting for the rest of us, for everybody else. It really was and so fantastic. We'll come back. We're going to meet everybody in the vox seats, not just Alex and Jess. We'll say hello, bring up the big boy, Mike, fire it up and let you meet these wonderful folks. Right after this, stay close, all right, Alex and Jess, y'all want to try again. Here's here's our Burger's ball battle guys, Alex Cardon and Jess Thornton. Jess won one thousand dollars in the burgers Ball Battle today. Get you some of that those crew wrapping just a minute ago. Where you guys from Silica, SILICAGOA.
Speaker 14: Jess and I've been friends for a long time. I wouldn't have it any other way. And here's the frider gidd this morning.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't invest with that was that was an investment I've.
Speaker 14: Got a I've got a dilemma for you, guys. I won't go into detail, but I did it. You know Speedy's cheap.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, well I know that I did a job for him. He paid him cash.
Speaker 8: Does this cash?
Speaker 14: But it's a small water cash? Does it go in to museum somewhere? Or is there uh, you know an offering plan?
Speaker 1: I need to put it in.
Speaker 14: Do you think there's a let me take it?
Speaker 1: If he paid you in cash? If he paid you in cash, here's what I feel bad for tomorrow. We were supposed to do parking lot password and I gave him cash. And I realized he gave it to you. Now if you if you get speed to give you cash, uh, and now give him by You didn't see the bill, folks, You don't know where it came from. But that, yeah, you should put that in some sort of museum of some kind. I bet he worried y'all today at the whole time. O, man, I wouldn't win there.
Speaker 14: I got three to five texts today. He texted me three times this morning, and I finally was like, just forget about the fence until I'm finished.
Speaker 1: He were you want to y'all did a great job. Thank you, Alex. Okay, you got great guys. Thanks for having me. Thank you as congratulations buddy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it all right. That's good. Speedy tried every way in the world to give it to the jest. What you mean all question mark?
Speaker 5: Question if you don't mind question mark.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, that's punctuation. No, go ahead.
Speaker 5: When's the last time you battled a woodpecker?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I am, I'm in an all out war with a woodpecker. Oh, they'll do it. I mean, yeah. Get well.
Speaker 5: So my parents have some some like white columns out in front of their house or they're real thin, but I would like, you know, represent like.
Speaker 1: A little thin tree or something. And there's one out there that's going to you gotta take him out.
Speaker 5: I'm trying, man, I'm trying to go out there in little woodpeckers flying off and I'm chasing it.
Speaker 1: And do you know, I'm in a mess? Certain species? Keep it down home, because I think I don't know. I think that's is it. You can't shoot any woodpeckers.
Speaker 8: I think that's all.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: How long is the statue of the statue limitations. I don't know. I can't believe.
Speaker 9: I tell you something.
Speaker 1: When I was a little boy, I stacked about like cordwood. Oh they were like they were like a trophy. Oh yeah, I remember one time. They can't get me now right, I'm sixty. Yeah, you technically a miner at that time, I was a Mineray, Greg, are we not with that daisy our daisy b B guns? We were unstoppable? Oh yeah? And uh and one and one time. I didn't know about this. I don't I don't know about this. Every woodpeckers illegal. But I knew that the yellow hammer was the state bird. And I killed a yellow hammer. And I was out there buried in the swamp, thinking, well, there goes my life. I'm sitting out there nine years old, going well, life's over. Yea, they got that's the end of it.
Speaker 5: In serving times, Well I have, I have tried everything, and I keep coming that no because I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't get it in a You got a pelt gun? Well, I mean home.
Speaker 7: Because I just googled can you shoot a woodpecker? No, it's generally illegal to kill wooder.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not killing the woodpecker. I just generally illegal.
Speaker 8: They're protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
Speaker 1: Generally illegal, and.
Speaker 8: The red.
Speaker 7: Red cocketed woodpeckers are generally endangered.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not the one where you shoot the red one? Is that the one that you know?
Speaker 5: Probably I don't know. I don't think it is. I just I have not been able to catch it. And and plus I catch it, well you know what I mean, catch it in the act. But I just go out and then there's another start of another little hole and you know, filling it up and got the foam and getting it and then sawing that off and then painting it and you know, making it look nice and here it comes from.
Speaker 1: But there's another one and then to post it and it rotten. I don't know why it's chose that post is that? And what bugs are in it? I mean, I don't know that. I don't know if they're doing that or looking for a little home. It's almost like it's a little bit of recreational drilling. Yeah, sometimes I think they just packd for pleasure.
Speaker 5: I put some steel wool in there and then I then I did the little little foam stuff that fills up gaps and.
Speaker 1: Then and then and then got knife.
Speaker 8: You got to get ready to steel wool trick. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Still wool, but a speedy at.
Speaker 8: Wouldn't that rust with the steal steel wool.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna get wet. I mean I just put it inside and then covered it with I didn't know what. I don't know what to.
Speaker 1: Wear on YouTube, don't don't do that hand motion again. But the just wiping it off, No, no, it was different. It was when you were putting the stuff. Yeah, you just wind him up. Let him at least help everybody out sharp do something in a hole. That's what you do, right, just not being.
Speaker 8: Hey, my father in law bird freak. He's a plant freak.
Speaker 7: He's a I mean, he'll go hiking in the snow for for a week.
Speaker 8: Who's this my father in law?
Speaker 1: Okay, my wife bird.
Speaker 7: My wife's dad. He'll hike in the snow for He'll wear snow shoes for a week and disappear for a week in the mountains, hiking, sending us.
Speaker 1: I felt that way before he got.
Speaker 7: A satellite tracker. So it's all safe and all that, but he is a nature freak. He's a bird freak. One time he is at my house and we look in the woods way off in the distance. And because I've been battering battling woodpeckers too, they'll do a straight line. A straight line, my bud, okay. And so we're out on the back deck and I go, look, there's that woodpecker. I think that's the one that's that's bothering me. And it was a rare type of woodpecker. It was one of the bigger ones, the smaller ones.
Speaker 1: Will we'll see old redhead.
Speaker 8: Yes, and it's pilliated, of course it is.
Speaker 7: And he goes he's holding my son, by the way, and he goes, wow, look at that.
Speaker 8: You just made my day.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, buddy, you're holding your your grandson right now, should make your day. You need to adjust your your bird levels of exciting rides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but in all fairness, think how long it takes for is to make a hole in the wood. Right.
Speaker 8: But the un see affiliated woodpecker every day. So there you go.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm still featured. I'm still still bird fighters at the house by the bags.
Speaker 5: Well, I just don't know it because it's driving my mom crazy, you know, and she wants it. I thought about putting a noking signed.
Speaker 1: But I don't. I don't think they read.
Speaker 5: They don't read some digestions there, and yeah they're ruck wherever they.
Speaker 1: Want to pack. How they keep them getting a headache? I think about that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've been hunting the hardwoods before, and you hear that, oh yes, but not the posting in my pair.
Speaker 1: And what I don't get is why is he picking a post on a house when he has hardwoods everywhere.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you get a messed up one in the brain.
Speaker 1: Their brains get spring, you know, those are the ones that are on meth No, they got and they'll come.
Speaker 7: They'll come and hit up all kinds of stuff where there's no and you can't stop them. It's like in their brain. Now, oh that's where I find food.
Speaker 1: How you how you finding food on the house.
Speaker 5: I'm not seeing any like carpenter bees or anything, because I've looked off in that hole and like got a flashlight looked in there just to make sure they're not after something that's in there, and it's there's nothing there.
Speaker 1: It's just nothing. I don't know. I just didn't know. Maybe I'm seeing the comments now, Okay, let y y'all help speedy if you can. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just want to get I don't know how to get rid of it. Or do you just let them peck on?
Speaker 1: It's generally illegal, not every.
Speaker 8: Time, generally speaking, Well, I don't, I mean I don't.
Speaker 1: If I so, I generally should not kill a mountain lion. But if it's coming into my yard and I feel like I'm in danger and I kill it, they say, okay, we understand. So it's generally illegal to kill a woodpecker unless he's a trying your house and you take the attacking you. Yeah, you are taking saint Say say he picked he started picking your grandson on the top of the head, and you had to do something.
Speaker 5: Oh and now yeah, now if I'm defending it, that's fine.
Speaker 1: But are you not going to defend your parents' house? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And it's halfway up so it's not on the ground, so there's no there's no termite.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's after.
Speaker 5: It's just this one, this one column.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't treat my family that way. Well, I'd stand up and do something. I have filled up two holes. All that's really working. You know what you're doings saying thanks. You set the table again. That's all you're doing, just setting the table again. Have anybody sorry, buddy, Thank y'all for caring.
Speaker 8: We do care.
Speaker 1: You know you do kind of care. They don't let Adler's father in law go up there and look at him.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, make.
Speaker 1: His best day ever. We'll be right back, Rick. You know how I'm not good about remembering anything. Oh you're not anyway. I was supposed to wish my son in law, Riley Jones, happy birthday today.
Speaker 5: You know you probably shouldn't say. I'm supposed to just say no, happy birthday, right, I am.
Speaker 1: I meant that, but I always forget everything. But I missed happy birthday rally with eight minutes. You know a good man. You know what what I'll say. I'll say this, Riley, unlike your father in law, you're a likable guy. Okay, you know he's a good man. Yeah, unlike me. You did good with him.
Speaker 5: Him around a bunch of burgesses is fun.
Speaker 1: It is. He just kind of sits back and says, I'm just gonna take it all in. And he does have a birthday, right, And ain't that good?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: By the way, Speedy, I want you to look at the picture on text Nation about why they do not get a headache. All right, to the amazing to the phones we got sharper, the pecker, the the the big. I mean, let's just move on.
Speaker 5: Let's just move one. That's got nothing to do with the louder the noise, right, so if you hear a real loud one, that means it's sharp.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're right, bunny. To the phones we go. I read that Rick Burkers show unscreened phone calls, Go ahead speed.
Speaker 6: How about my merry racers getting getting rid of old myss for you there yesterday?
Speaker 5: How about that game? How nervous were you in the seventh, eighth, and.
Speaker 6: Ninth, Holy crap, they got rid of them.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is, it is. I mean all sports it's hard to finish the game. But in baseball and softball too. Those last few innings, you know all we only got six outs left. Those are the hardest outs you'll ever have to make.
Speaker 1: But the you say it was twelve to three at one time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was twelve three, and that's the last out he flew out to center field. Wow, And they did beat Ole Miss and the Ole Miss Regionals. Congratulations, you've made You've made sure everybody knows versus Riley.
Speaker 8: Here real quick speeding you can rub it in their face.
Speaker 1: No, I'm good, I'm good. I don't need that, Jo, I don't need that. Go ahead, play it.
Speaker 12: Head out towards center field, hold guard underneath it.
Speaker 1: My state races into super regionals for the first time in program history. It's a big, big marker there. Nice yes, and who they beat? Uh? They beat Ole Miss? Okay, all right, old miss like the blew it but Ole Miss bloss wrong like well, well, miss guy started getting after a little bit. Told j C. I said, look, that looks like I'm watching y'all play Rick Murger's show and twelve to ten to two.
Speaker 8: Gosh, that's mean, but that's funny.
Speaker 1: It's funny. Unscreen phone calls go ahead, it's his call. Chielders, Hey body, Carl, Hey Carl.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say something about that caller, that fella named Larry.
Speaker 1: Yes, the patch man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like the way he talks.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, all right, then thank you. Somebody says what's happening in your house has nothing to do with eating. There trying to make noise to bring females in is an expert. We continue. I mean we've heard nine different things. I know. Thanks Greg, back to you and Riley. We continue unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, yes, sir, this is a statement from Myles Alabama. How y'all doing.
Speaker 12: I hope you okay, don't tell Stradio.
Speaker 6: I ain't gonna guarantee you one hundred percent. But we had issue with a shed we got from a boat the house and oh corpor The bees was getting in there pretty bad on the wood and in the wood, and the wood peckers did migrate, took to go pilated one. We put up pin pole in places, stifled it up on some of the wood. So far that's worked.
Speaker 5: Look, Stephen, thank you.
Speaker 3: Sign of hell.
Speaker 1: It's very awful every time everybody walks up and say, hey, babe, potatoes to not.
Speaker 5: Ye could be any more problem, any more prominent on, But thank you.
Speaker 1: Still with woodpecker and Dad have good news back on look goodn't even bad. Bad news is we're done with the woodpecker. The good The bad news is when you're gonna look like we put your house and living We like the rover. Yeah. We continue Rick Burgess Show on screen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 6: That's your Why what tastes like chicken?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, see no chicken, chicken, it's a dark man. We continue. Rick Birders show unscreen phone calls, go ahead. Okay, Hey Speedy, Uh, I was getting the card.
Speaker 6: Now what did you say about the woodpecker?
Speaker 8: All right, funny, I'm just saying I read that you did.
Speaker 1: Rick Birders show unscreen phone calls, Go ahead. Hey, what're trying to think about that phone?
Speaker 6: Kyrie by mister, mister.
Speaker 1: Mister. We continue. Rick Birders show unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 12: I don't know that, hey, Speedy, Yes, sir, Hey, I was wondering if if I handle this woodpecker problem it's your parents, I get around the golf out of you.
Speaker 1: Oh is this show Hunt Jack? What's up? Budd?
Speaker 12: Are you the one and only brother?
Speaker 1: I might need you? Show Hunt? There you go? Oh yeah. Rick Bergers show unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was wanting to talk to Greg about there was a doggie daycare where hawk flewped down and God won the puppies there.
Speaker 1: Now, why would you want to tell Greg that? Do you think Greg, if he's been there, he would have protected the puppy from.
Speaker 2: The hall or no, he would have enjoyed that.
Speaker 8: I thought it was a character.
Speaker 1: It's really him. I think that's his voice. I guess he's referring to stress every day.
Speaker 9: And trust us, you should be bravely concerned.
Speaker 1: You know. I guess he was talking about all the stress that was only when I had all them Poe, yes, exactly, my first come down and take them all home. I guess that's what he was. That's why to bring it home by text nation, like you. I thought it was a text nation. Just when I thought there were no more woodpecker jokes on the planet, you continue to correct. Yes, they've got a mont.
Speaker 5: I want that guy to call back every now. I liked his voice, like his delivery.
Speaker 1: I liked everything about it. Speedy.
Speaker 8: If you were a bird, you'd be a redheaded woodpicker. You know that's right, because you had red hair when you were a kid.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thanks by thank you, thank you.
Speaker 8: I'd be like a grackle or something like that. You know, something weird.
Speaker 1: So thanks for being with us.
Speaker 9: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: You just heard the daily best of the Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the daily best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.