Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final.
Speaker 2: Hour on this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show. Chris Simms on loan from Pro Football Talk Live. Well Join us is coming up. You can watch that show preceding hours on Peacock. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. Freddie Freeman Homer's again first player in baseball history to Homer in the first four games of a World Series. It's now six World Series games and World Series games in counting if you go back to when he was with the Braves. But the Yankees get the win, and I like this poll question. Who has more pressure on them? Aaron Judge, Aaron Boone or Aaron Rodgers. Seaton, would you update the poll results so far?
Speaker 3: Right now, we've got basically a tie between two. Aaron's okay, Aaron Judge and Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Boone is in the last place, okay or third.
Speaker 4: But he's the one who could get fired.
Speaker 3: He's the one that would likely, well not likely, but yeah, he's the one that could get fired.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, But Yankees did what they needed to do last night, Garrett Cole, Jack Flaherty coming up tonight, whether it will not be an issue? Expected to be a beautiful night as the Dodgers try to close out the Yankees. They are favorites in the World Series. Big favorites here and in fact, I got odds to hit a game or a home running game five. It's Aaron Judge, and then it's Otani, and then Stanton Soto and Freddie Freeman. But odds to win the World Series MVP, it is Freddie Freeman if the Dodgers win. When the Dodgers win, Freddie Freeman will be your MVP. The next closest is Anthony Volpi, who hit a Grand Slam last night. So Freddie Freeman minus nine hundred to win the VP. Anthony Volpi is plus seventeen hundred. All right, eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP soho. Chris sim said to join us Fritzy in the next few minutes. The next few minutes he will join us. Coming up big ten Saturday Night, Wisconsin in Iowa. That'll be on NBC in Peacock. Here comes Saturday Night, presented by Discover Wyatt in Florida. Hi Wyatt, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Hey Dan, first time, long time.
Speaker 6: Thanks for putting me through Just you know, I don't want to beat a dead horse. This is a big topic about last night in Mookie bets. But on that replay you can kind of see how Mookie's kind of on his tippy toes, you know, jumping around. That guy's got a hold of them, you know, like a like he's got to wrap his wrap his hands around a cookie jar. You know, had that wall, had that wall been a little taller, you know, that guy wasn't letting go and his glove, you know, his hand is stuck in his glove. That could have done some damage his arm, his forearm or wrist or something.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: And I'm definitely with you. I can't believe that they're allowed to come back tonight. That's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they shouldn't be allowed back in the building, at least for this final game at Yankee Stadium and then whatever you want to do with them next year. They're going to be treated like heroes if they're back, which I assume they will be back, because when they were being escorted out, they were treated like heroes. Guys getting out of their seats to hug these guys. And I know we can say, well, you know, that's that fighting spirit.
Speaker 4: That's what we love, okay and fighting spirit.
Speaker 2: If it happens to you, I don't want to hear anything because that's just the other team fighting spirit.
Speaker 4: Something like that happens.
Speaker 2: Now, do I think there's going to be an epidemic here where if it goes back to Dodger Stadium, anybody gets close then you kind of gobble them up. They've taken Aaron Judge off the field. The fans are passing him around like. I don't think that's going to happen, but it was embarrassing, and you know they did kick them out. Yeah, the embarrassing, you know, gets in more embarrassing that they're letting them back in.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: David san Antonio, Hi, Dave, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 10: Dan? Six three thirty two Visible Apps. So, Dan, I'm curious, man, you keep talking about the Bronny thing and if Ronnie's going to get in, if he's going to score, that's going to be the highlight for tomorrow. I'm curious. I want to see the probability of this scenario. What do you think about Lebron going to the Cavs organization and saying, hey, we're going to get Bronni in second quarter, two minutes left. We want to get him a shot. Let's go ahead and let Bronnie get a shot off, kind of like they do in high school for those one kid.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, Dave, he already cut the line to be able to join the Lakers. Now we're going to say, hey, can you give the little kid a chance to shoot a jumper?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Is that like a make a wish kid? Yes, yeah, to make a basket. He's a professional athlete. Yeah, he's Lebron's son. Yes, Like, hey, Bronnie is short for Lebron Junior.
Speaker 4: The third Yes, Marvi.
Speaker 11: They're treating him like the team manager on senior night or Jason Tatum during the Olympics, like, you know what, let him get a shot. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we're not We're not doing any of that.
Speaker 2: All right, you're here now, let's see if you can stay, if you can play not. Could you imagine if Lebron goes to ownership of the Cavs.
Speaker 4: Hey, I got this, this idea, this suggestion. Let me know if you're on board with this. Can we let Bronnie open from about fifteen feet just you know, just a jumper. Nobody guards him. I mean you can act like your gardener. He's gonna play.
Speaker 2: He'll play tonight, maybe gets his first hoop, and then they send him down to the G League. Then everybody's going to be okay with this story right until he comes back up the next dome.
Speaker 11: Yes, Bartman walk off for the World Series tonight. But if Bronnie, what if Bronnie makes a three pointer, is he played the day?
Speaker 2: I think that Well, no, if it's a walk off home run, then no, that would be your play of the day. But if you don't have something like that, if it's like a five to three, you know, finish with a couple of you know, RBI singles, maybe not. I mean you'll get to get the call, you know, final call of the Dodgers win the World Series, if the Yankees win tonight, I don't think that's your play of the day. But because if Bronnie scores, that'll be the play of the day. Bronnie hit you know, fifteen foot jumper deal and then and then NBA fans collectively lose their minds, there'll be a conspiracy theory. Oh do they you know they run a play for him that they leave him open on purpose, and he had an open jumper in the first game and he missed that. I think his dad threw him the ball and he missed an open jumper. Dude, just let him score, get his two points, and then let him go down to the G League and then everybody's going to be okay after that. Nobody's going to get hurt, not going to disrupt the rotation, none of that. Everything is going to be back to normal and the Lakers. The Lakers are five point underdogs tonight against the Cleveland Cavaliers. If you care about that. College football coming up tonight as well, Jack State against Liberty, Kennesaw State versus Western Kentucky. All right, let's make way for the popular Chris Simms Pro Football Talk Live co host Football Night in America analyst. I had a listener who said the following, if you're the Texans, why not ask the Jets about Garrett Wilson, reunite Garrett Wilson with CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud.
Speaker 8: I mean that's not a bad thought. I mean I understand that are the Jets really going to be willing to part ways with Garrett Wilson, a guy that is they of course drafted in what the top ten, top twelve of the draft, and has a lot of years in front of him, and then what sell him off for what? Maybe having Devonte Adams for another year? Again, I think I understand that thought, and sure, call the Jets, see what the price tag is. But that would be a player that I would think that the Jets go, He's in our scope way bigger than just this year with Aaron Rodgers or even next year if Aaron Rodgers comes back. I mean, receivers, as we know, can be really quality football players for seven eight years into their NFL career, and I think he's got a lot of years ahead of them. I would be shocked if the Jets would part ways with him.
Speaker 2: When we see these eventual coaching vacancies Jacksonville, probably the Jets, obviously there'll be a few of these openings here. But it used to be coaches would say I'm going to be the head coach. He'd had nothing to do necessarily with the quarterback. Now when you start to go do I want this job? Well, I want this job because I like the quarterback. Let's say the Bears job is open, you like that quarterback?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: Are you sold on Jacksonville's quarterbacking situation? Are you sold? You know the Jets are going to be a rebuild after this year. Probably that to me is it's not an attractive job if Aaron Rodgers is still there.
Speaker 8: So right, yes, yes, you're saying it right, You're exactly right. I don't think anybody's gonna want to go, oh, wait, I want to be the head coach, a first time head coach, and then oh go to the New York Jets and basically have to bow down to Aaron Rodgers for a full year and then him say okay, I'm out of here. I'm retiring. And then it's like, okay, wait, now I get to implement what I want to do, and now we got to find a quarterback and all that. Now. The problem is, and you know this, there's only thirty two of these jobs out there, and there's more candidates than jobs open, more years than not to where hey, at some point you just got to go, Okay, the Jets are offering me, I'm not gonna get one of these other jobs, and I'm gonna take it. But yeah, there's definitely would be I think hesitation with anybody out there about the Jets situation. There's a lot to like about that roster, but you'd want to know where what Rogers is going to do in the future, and you know what they're playing is at quarterback for the future Jacksonville. That's an interesting one. There's pieces there, but to me, it's gonna be more. Do you believe in Trevor Lawrence? He's there for a while, he's signed up. He's not all the talent in the world, but does he have the requisite feel? Does he love the game the way he should should? Is he a Jim rat? Those are the kind of things you hear about Trevor Lawrence from time to time down in Jacksonville from people who are in the know, and I think that would give people some trepidation about taking that job as well.
Speaker 2: I made the comparison, maybe I'm the only person to do this, Anthony Richardson and Josh Allen. When Josh Allen first got to Buffalo, he was not a good quarterback at all, right, And I looked at the numbers. They're not far off from what Anthony Richardson has done and both high on potential, you know, coming from Wyoming playing against better quality opponents. Anthony Richardson, we saw glimpses here and now they're going to bench him and you bring in Joe Flacco, right, he's only twenty two. Like potential gets you fired, Chris, And I don't know if Anthony Richardson understands the magnitude of this. You know, is he embarrassed by getting taken out of a game? Has that ever happened? Never again?
Speaker 9: Ever?
Speaker 8: That's unheard of. That's especially from the quarterback. You know, think about some of those offensive linemen. They're going, wait on this drive when you were scrambled and we were running around, and the pipe before when you hand the ball off, and just watch the guy we were blocking three hundred pound men and then I was going to the linebacker and the play before that when you handed the ball off, we were working and you were just sitting there watching the play ran twice and he had to come out of the game. I mean, that's a no no for anybody in football, let alone the quarterback who's supposed to be the most in shape, mentally tough person leader on your football team. That's where It's like that's I've never seen that ever before, and there's no excuse for that, There's not. I mean, you obviously have to run more wind sprints during the week and get yourself in shape to do that. Lamar Jackson runs seven miles every game. I've never seen him tap out of a game in my life. I mean Cam Newton throughout the years, all these guys we know that have been impressive runners. No, so I think that speaks a little bit to his immaturity or you know, lack of maturity. Right now. He is still young, He's still run. This is not the end of the road. This is not you know, last year, him getting hurt and only be able to play four or five games certainly hurt him, and that kicked the can down to this road. So where we're the road to this year, to where he's still developing. But I hear you with the Josh Allen comparison, I understand that totally. But with Josh Allen too, I think the difference is I don't remember Josh Allen ever going ten for thirty two. I don't think Josh Allen was thrown for less than fifty percent that year, and the biggest thing is Josh Allen would hit the throws he's supposed to hit right now, Anthony Richardson only hits like the bombs. Like, if it's a widal and he can throw it one hundred miles per hour, throw it one hundred yards, that's all he can do. But if it's a five yard crosser, a ten yard crosser, he's got to throw a touch pass or a little flick pass. The ball is everywhere, and that is hard to sell to your team if you're Shane Steichen that you're trying to win and you're the middle of a playoff race here and you're going with the guy that's the second best quarterback in your football team. And I think that's ultimately why they had to make the move to flackout.
Speaker 2: But if I look at the first ten games for Josh Allen, first ten games for Anthony Richardson, Allen went four and six, Richardson five and five. Completion percentage just over fifty percent for Richardson, fifty two percent for Josh Allen. If I look at the you know the yards, Yeah, you know, Josh threw for two hundred more yards over those ten games. He Josh Allen had ten seven touchdowns, eleven interceptions, Anthony Richardson seven touchdowns, eight interceptions, passer rating Anthony Richardson a better passer rating.
Speaker 8: So I know it's about what's there to be had. That's the biggest thing, right. I don't think that Buffalo offense was all that great then and right now there's people open in Indianapolis. That's the problem. Shane Stikeen is definitely one of the best playing design play designers in football. So I think that's the big thing, right. I'm not trying to say you're wrong or anything about that with Josh Allen, and I think I've said this to you before. I never had a problem with his accuracy. It might have been, wait, you can't fit that ball in between those two guys and think you're gonna get away with it, right, So there was like that they had to get the garter rails on a little bit to go, wait, you can't throw that. You can't fit that in there. This isn't wyoming anymore where they need you to make an incredible play every play if they want to stay in the football game. That was his big thing. Anthony Richardson. The problem is is you're seeing wide open receivers and you're going, wait, the guy couldn't even get his hand on the football or it wasn't even in the screen. And I think that's where it's a little bit different. You know. I'm big on you know this from when I do my quarterback stuff on what's there to be had? Right, and I think he's leaving a lot of yards on the field as far as what's there to be had for that offense in Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: Could you see Dion and Shoudour as a package deal?
Speaker 8: Ooh, that's interesting. I hadn't thought about it as a package deal. I think Deon Sanders has made for the NFL more than he is college football. That would be my first assessment, Right, Dion doesn't want to recruit and do that stuff. Dion wants to lead. He wants to get the guys ready. He wants to walk in the meeting room and go, wait, we can't do this, that's stupid, stupid in this, Let's do that and that, and then you guys figure out how to do all that. But I just I watched the film and I'm an overseer, and I know we got to do that to win the game. That's what I think he is, and that's what a lot of good NFL coaches are. Like you listen to my dad and the heydays of Bill Parcells. He wasn't calling the defense of the offense, but like he would say, he'd walk in the meeting room and go, we can't run this play. We can't run this play, run this play, this play. I like this play. Blah blah blah. I'm out, let me go check on the defense. And I feel like Deon Sanders is made for NFL head coach that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think he likes being Dion that he can. He's you're coming to his school because of you.
Speaker 8: I agree, King Dion there right right.
Speaker 2: I think his ego is playcated that Oh my god, they're coming to play for me, not Colorado, They're coming to play for me, the NFL. You might be right, you know, Dion doesn't strike me as he's necessarily x'es and o's as much as he's the CEO.
Speaker 8: Yeah, CEO's broad picture of the game, right, Like the gout said, I was trying to explain, You're exactly right, like, hey, we need to play this guy, we need to put him in this position a little bit more. I like when we play these style of defenses. Now, defensive coordinator, you figure out how to do that. But this is what I'm talking about, And yes, I would agree with you. He's that way, and I do think, of course, because of who he is, the leader, he is, the motivator, he is.
Speaker 2: He could certainly handle an NFL locker room. Always great to talk to you. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks man, I appreciate it's been a little while. I missed you. Tell the guys.
Speaker 2: I said, Hi, all right, I will Chris sim says, Hi, guys, Hi, Chris, Hello, Chris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's Chris saying Hi. Yes.
Speaker 2: Pro Football Talk Live co host NBC Football Night in America. Analyst will take a break. Got phone calls coming up, and we're back after this and the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. More phone calls coming up. I think Mike Tyson is joined us on Friday, Is that right, Fritzy.
Speaker 12: I think he's gonna be with us sometime next.
Speaker 2: Week, next week. Okay, So Mike Tyson next week? When is this fight?
Speaker 12: It's a good question.
Speaker 4: No, that's not how he sounds when he laughs.
Speaker 2: No, No, Todd Todd does his I was hoping Todd would do it.
Speaker 12: Okay, with friends like that, who needs enemies?
Speaker 11: Right there?
Speaker 4: He this has been a long time, is it like? Next week?
Speaker 13: November fifteenth, eight and T Stadium in Arlington?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 11: Friday night?
Speaker 4: Okay? And who's he fighting?
Speaker 11: Paul?
Speaker 4: Jake Paul, not Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad and not Logan Paul or Wickcliffe Paul. Who's State Chris Paul? Is Chris Paul still doing the state farm check?
Speaker 8: I don't know if he is.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen him do that in a long time.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: It seems to be Patrick Mahomes's on everything. Yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna say that. Do your Patrick Mahomes impersonation, Todd.
Speaker 12: I think we're gonna win a couple more games. Can't worry about being in defutio right now. Doctor Bronc was coming up a couple of.
Speaker 2: Weeks Madden Riverside, Hi, Matt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: DP bank or turn of our call? So I want to bring two things up about the spectators. Number one is I think that we could take a note out of all the fighting and stuff like that. So across the pond. In the Premier League and other soccer stadiums, they actually put all the spectator fans of the traveling fans of the way team into a section by themselves. They put the police on the edges, and then the rest of the stadium is basically all of the home bands. I think that that might help the situation. And then finally are we looking at the whole spectator fanning and interact So with Mookie obviously with the injury aside, it is not an opportunity to sort the MLB to look at what the Savannah Bananas did. If a fal ball goes out out of play in a fan catches it, it's an automatic out. Things for to call it talculater, I.
Speaker 2: Think that would make it even worse. And you were talking about the away fans, they put them in a section.
Speaker 4: This was the home fans.
Speaker 2: The home fans were along the first base line, so that didn't solve anything. But yeah, Savannah Bananas, if there's a foul ball and the spectator, you know, spectator catches it, then it's an out.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if that was the case. You know, I don't think that's a good suggestion. I want less fan involvement with something like this grabbing somebody. It's one thing to grab the you know, try to grab the ball out of their glove, But then when you grab the player, no, no, and you're gonna let him tonight.
Speaker 4: That's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: David in Florida, Hi David, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 8: Dan?
Speaker 14: How you doing? First time caller? Been a fan for years? Six foot two, twenty five. About those two fools at the stadium last night. MLB is losing a big chance here.
Speaker 10: They could have maybe.
Speaker 14: Terminated their season tickets or suspended them from that stadium for the remainder of their of their lives.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, once again, I don't know how hard they want to crack down on this. These guys were treated as heroes last night, but no, Baseball should.
Speaker 4: Not allow them in the game tonight. That's all.
Speaker 2: There should be a deterrent here, not Okay, we're gonna kick you out, but come on back. They got season tickets, so I'm gonna guess they're gonna does Fox Showcase them. Do they show these two guys down the first baseline.
Speaker 11: If there's a foul ball first baseline?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yes.
Speaker 3: Funny is that later in the game they were showing like, now, let's take a look at the fan cam brought to you by you know, Farmers direct or whatever, and it was those guys. It was so clearly like they pre taped that or something. And here's this guy because you recognize that goofy face anywhere, and he's like yeah, yeah, and he's slapping five to people who are like, isn't that the dude that just got run like seven innings earlier?
Speaker 2: Jim in Orlando, Hi Jim, what's on your mind today? Dan?
Speaker 15: I don't know if anybody's talking about this, but if Brianni scores two points tonight, that will make him and his dead the highest scoring NBA father combo in NBA history.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is true. It's a good point. Thank you, thank you, and whoa day.
Speaker 8: Day out of a day out to day, this is the stan of the day.
Speaker 2: We did that in baseball, like Hank Aaron and his brother combining their home runs. You had Bobby and Barry Bonds, you had the Griffy you know, so you've had father's son combos, but the fact that Brownie if he gets his two points to tack on to Lebron's forty thousand. Mike in Utah, Hi, Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 9: Mike? Hello?
Speaker 16: Hello? Can you hear me?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 4: I can, Mike.
Speaker 16: Sorry, there a quick question for you guys. So this just came across my Twitter Timeline Brett McMurphy's reporting that the Florida Georgia game is going to move due to the renovations to the Jacksonville Stadium to Mercedes Benz in twenty twenty six in Atlanta and then Raymond James Stadium and Tampa in twenty twenty seven. My question is, and I get why they're doing that because it follows their mold that they play on neutral site, but why not let in twenty twenty six and twenty twenty seven those colleges read the benefits and play the games in twenty twenty six and Athens in twenty twenty seven in Gainesville. Just give it a one off two years be on the college campus and let those give basically those teams an extra home game that year. Let them read the benefits and get the college atmosphere.
Speaker 2: All right, Mike, I can honestly saying I don't care. Certainly today I don't care, but you know, having gone to that game, and I understand the magnitude of it, the fandom there. But today, yeah, and probably not tomorrow either. Ryan and Sarasota. Hi, Ryan, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hey? How you doing? Guys?
Speaker 10: Hello him, Ryan, Nice to see you guys again.
Speaker 16: Hey.
Speaker 17: Potential There is no potential for Anthony Richardson, maybe a second string quarterback, third string quarterback Chris Ballard's nose is getting bigger. Dislike the Pinocchio commercial that we seen years ago on the insurance commercial.
Speaker 9: He has no potential.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: I would disagree there is potential there because we see the physical traits. That's the potential here. But there's a lot of players who had a lot of potential. Brad in Colorado's Springs, Hi, Brad, Hey, I'll.
Speaker 4: Go man hey, man hey. So my suggestion for the two New York fans.
Speaker 9: Is we go ahead and let them in.
Speaker 14: They just have to swap their tickets with someone up in the nosebleed section. So that is their penalty.
Speaker 2: Oh so somebody gets to sit in their seats. Yeah, I just I don't want them in the building.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 2: Here's your punishment. You're not allowed in the building. See you next year. Update the poll results if you can see. We got a few poll questions that are in progress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we got a few of them working right now. Which Aaron is under more pressure Judge Boone or Rogers? Right now, Aaron Rodgers slightly ahead of Aaron Judge Aaron Boone at about twenty two percent of them.
Speaker 2: No, it's Aaron Judge. He's in the World Series. Aaron Rodgers isn't in anything except for a Jets uniform. Yeah, there's no pressure anymore. Yeah, it's done. Aaron Judge is on the biggest stage and he is failing miserably. Here's Aaron Judge after the win last night.
Speaker 18: Does the circumstance that the backs against the wall, that must win situation, does that circumstance in some ways relieve the pressure.
Speaker 4: It's all the same.
Speaker 19: Like I said, we're just focused on one game, even when the series was Oh, it's just about winning one game and kind of going from there. So just because our backs are against the wall, Yeah, it really hasn't changed that mindset. And especially with this group who's been through a lot. So we're going to keep doing there.
Speaker 4: And the harder you try, the worse it gets.
Speaker 2: You know, when somebody says, come on, you're not trying, and then you find guys who were scuffling, and then they're trying to hit like a six run homer, like they're trying to you know, let me, let me make up for all this other with one hit. That'll take care of all of this. And usually, I said yesterday, a flu kit, a little flare like that to me is where you get started. Not oh man, I hit that one right on the button, but I hit it right to the third basement. You just need a bleeder, You need something like that just to get going. But it's not just him, but he should be the focal point. He's going to be the MVP. Otani is banged up, we know that, and he has been helped out immeasurably by Freddie Freeman. But Aaron Judge, you're the best player in the American League. Got to you gotta act it. You better starting tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See watching Otani run, there was a moment he was on first and there was I think a ground or a short or something. He was trying to get the second and you know he's running holding his yeah, a hand to his chest and he's still trying to get there.
Speaker 4: It's very strange. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he had in a bat last night where he kind of flailed in an outside pitchy. It just didn't look comfortable there, almost like let me get this over with, yeah, Mark.
Speaker 8: With Judge.
Speaker 11: They were treating him like you treat the nine hitter. You gotta walk, Okay, okay, gotta walk. He was in but you know what they were saying, Hey, this is better than a strikeout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, get on base, make something happen, put the ball in play.
Speaker 4: But I always felt.
Speaker 2: Bad, you know, that nine hitter, you know, when you're little and you just you know, Jimmy Lippers at the plate and you're just saying, you know, walks as good as he hit or on that kid a little bing go you know, don't don't be afraid to get hit by a pitch, you know, Yeah, lean into yeah, lean into it, yes, yes, Mark.
Speaker 11: And there was nothing worse. I mad it second and there was nothing worse. When the bottom of the six inning in little league it was nine two, A lean into one a Scottie. I don't care what you do. Just get on base, the top of the line and can get up there.
Speaker 4: Wait till Big Marv gets up to the plate.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't say all that, but look I was there ready to hit. That's the best cop. That's the best compliment I ever got in my athletic career. Was a infield be alert. He's a hitter.
Speaker 4: Oh so it's just like.
Speaker 11: Like I wasn't gonna knock the ball five hundred feet, but when I was going to swing that ball, A be alert because he get hit it everywhere.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's like when you show up in the playground and all of a sudden they go shooter.
Speaker 11: They said that to you, Yes, they did shooter, And they would call you just any white guy, any white NBA player. That's what we would do.
Speaker 8: Hey, yo, who's got Steve Nash?
Speaker 4: Who's got Keith van Horn here?
Speaker 2: I don't remember if they did that to me when I played pickup games where uh they'd call you a some random white guy.
Speaker 4: It'd be like, you know, who's got Scott Pollard here man?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, not Steve.
Speaker 11: Actually be like Scott Skyles, Scott, Scott styles over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gritty gutty Scottie Skiles, Yes, Tom, and.
Speaker 12: On the flip side. It's the worst in baseball.
Speaker 13: A little kid gets up in the posing mattergers telling me outfield to come all the way in.
Speaker 12: Everybody it's on t ball. They're all like right on top of home play.
Speaker 4: Practically, that didn't happen to you?
Speaker 8: Did?
Speaker 12: Did not?
Speaker 13: I about a third, fourth or fifth usually, Okay, I was the big stocky first basement and pitcher.
Speaker 4: Mmm, you were stocky.
Speaker 12: It was a little stocky. Yeah, I could have afforded to lose a fear back then too. Okay, but age eight through twelve, a couple of All Star games.
Speaker 13: Of championship, I like it, get a right, yeah, hit a couple of home runs.
Speaker 4: Didn't you get hit on the head? Didn't Something?
Speaker 12: When I was watching a game.
Speaker 13: Or standing on the top of the blee was over a leftfield fence and similar hit a home and the son was in my eyes, right in the head. Rushed to Cornell in hospital. He took X rays, and my parents were there. My mom was screaming as you could imagine, what was that noise? I think your son got hit in the head with the home run.
Speaker 3: From the stands What was the damage After all that.
Speaker 12: Everything was okay.
Speaker 13: I just had a bruise on my head, but like it made this loud sound and it just hit off the right off the top of my head. Because I was sitting in the spot above the fence with the sun.
Speaker 4: In my eyes and so was in my eyes, I couldn't see.
Speaker 12: That Glenn Singer has smacked a home run off my head.
Speaker 2: You should have expected, Glenn Singer, they hit a home run.
Speaker 12: He's uh, he could hit.
Speaker 4: You should have been Yeah, that.
Speaker 12: Was a mistake. I'll never sit up there again, Glenn Singer.
Speaker 4: Glenn's Singer.
Speaker 12: What what he's up to you?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 4: Hey? You know what if you were going to pitch to him, He's going to make you pay, Glenn Singer.
Speaker 13: You know when you're not even in the game, sitting there a second on a lollipop in the stand.
Speaker 4: Joe in Cooper's Town, Hi Joe, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hey Dan? How are you today?
Speaker 14: First time?
Speaker 9: Long time five foot six, got.
Speaker 18: A question for got a question for you. So we'll keep that same play. But it's the bottom of the ninth and the fan interference causes the third out of the game for the Dodgers to sweep the series.
Speaker 14: How is that fan?
Speaker 9: How are they taken.
Speaker 4: After that one?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, we could get into a lot of hypotheticals here.
Speaker 4: How about we just do what we saw, yes.
Speaker 3: And hopefully they would be treated pretty poorly, because that would be just a horrendously dumb thing to do. However, the moment where they did it is essentially meaningless.
Speaker 4: First, yeah, it doesn't. First wasn't really the biggest deal you you continue to apologize for Jimmy Skunjeel and Tommy Kelamar.
Speaker 3: Now, I came in today thinking it was hilarious. I thought it was That's the funniest thing I've seen in a baseball game in a long time.
Speaker 2: His face when he's trying to get the ball out of the glove, price was funny.
Speaker 3: Like he was trying to like, like get a pistachio you open that he just couldn't get.
Speaker 4: He was like, it was hilarious. The other guy grabbing mookie and that's not funny. Yeah, he didn't need to do that. He did not He didn't need to do that. And then they were so proud they got the ball out. I'm like, what does that mean they were.
Speaker 11: Trying to explain themselves to no, no, no, no, it's an our area. Yeah, it's our house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to d up.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was I thought this side of the line we were able to do whatever we want.
Speaker 4: Fans got rights too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Oh my gosh, it's hilarious.
Speaker 12: Practiced all the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about we take a break? Care last call for phone calls? What we learned once in store tomorrow, this day in sports history.
Speaker 1: Right after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls, That's what we learn. What's in store tomorrow? Final results of the pole questions, Why don't we start there?
Speaker 4: Seaton? Final results of the pole question?
Speaker 3: Oh brother, Okay, Final results of the poll question. Let's see which iron is under more pressure right now? Rogers is beating Judge and Boone. Yankees fans attempting to rip off BOOKI Betts's glove. They were heroes or Zero's right now? Eighty nine percent of the audience have them as zeros.
Speaker 4: It's fair.
Speaker 3: Bullpen bullpen games are smart or soft right now, seventy percent of the audience say they're soft.
Speaker 2: Okay, this dand sports history. Since Paulie's not here, Marvin is going to pick up the responsibilities.
Speaker 11: Yes I do, Dan Big One. Nineteen forty five, branch Rickey signs Jackie Robinson to a contract with the Montreal Royals, the top minor league affility of the Brooklyn Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's all I got. That's it?
Speaker 11: Oh my end, Yeah, I'll give you some.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy four, Ali knocks out George Foreman in the eighth round of the Rumble in the Jungle. Didn't it take them weeks to get that fight? There were delays leading up to that. I don't know, was it weather delays or I just remember Ali was staying in Africa and just the outpouring of love for him and people following him when he would do his roadwork, when he'd be running.
Speaker 4: You know, they have all of these locals who are running with him.
Speaker 11: Yes, Marv, is that where the Ali boom ay yeah chant came from?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 2: How about nineteen ninety nine, first college player to pass for three hundred yards and rush for two hundred yards in a single game.
Speaker 4: Who. I don't know if you're going to get this one.
Speaker 2: And he played for Washington nineteen ninety nine quarter back at Washington. First college player to passed for three hundred rush for two hundred. If you said Marcus two Wences Sopo, you would be correct.
Speaker 15: Yes.
Speaker 4: Nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 2: First use of the twenty four second shot clock in pro basketball, Rochester versus Boston. Matt in Illinois, Hi, Matt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 5: Dan Dennet's a long time listener, second time caller six ' four two fifteen fifth.
Speaker 20: I am.
Speaker 5: I'm a cop on patrol here. I've listened to you guys for a long time, and I just want to say I appreciate you guys making me laugh and getting through the hectic day and the things that I deal with.
Speaker 14: So thank you very much.
Speaker 5: And also I want to give a shout out. We don't get enough recognition, but this past Saturday was the Ironman World Championship in Knah, Hawaii. Over twenty five hundred athletes, forty pros completed one hundred and forty miles in the heat in Kona, Hawaii. They're number one pro Patrick Langa world record seven hours and thirty five minutes. So shout out to all those Ironman athletes out there. Like I said, it's never televised or anything, so someone's got to.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you man, thank you, thank you for the shout out. Steve in Finland, Hi, Steve, Oh my.
Speaker 9: Gosh, I can't believe it did.
Speaker 7: Long, long, long time listener.
Speaker 20: I'm actually from Utah. I backpacking around year right now, and I when I called in, I would said, well, what do you want to talk about? I just I'd said, well, I actually don't know. But other than to give you guys a big shout out than longtime listener, especially all we've train riding one not it's been awesome. You know, the Stint has some podcasts and keeping it going right. Big b yu fan, so go cuz he.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 2: Save travels there in Finland backpacking around, you can uh you can always get the podcast of the show if you're not able to listen live, and uh make sure you sign it for the newsletter. Danpatrick dot com Dorsey in North Carolina. I Dorsey, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Dan? Not much except I watched that game last night and those two thugs up in the outfield, as soon as they put their hands on Mookie, they were guilty of be their assault or batteries. So they both should have been arrested immediately and taken out of the game.
Speaker 4: Well, they were taken out of the game.
Speaker 2: I don't know as far as arrest, you know, for these fans, they just they kicked them out.
Speaker 4: They shouldn't be allowed to come back tonight. That's it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what other deterrent you want to have with them, but it's one thing to say, oh, you know, we have rights too, you know we we should have, you know, the same rights as him. Balls coming over to foul territory. If that that's your mindset, probably going to be hard to change your opinion on that. But you grab Mookie, That to me is the difference that that's where you can't put your hands on somebody.
Speaker 13: Yes, Tod, and the ball has already been caught, so what we've got at some point you have to know, get your hands off when you're not getting the foul ball, you're not you know, it's out has been made.
Speaker 12: Get off them and go back to your seat and sit down.
Speaker 4: Thank you, ton Thank you.
Speaker 12: That's what that's that's where the problem was.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. Yeah, thank you those words of advice. Maybe you run into those two gentlemen, you could give that piece of it.
Speaker 12: I don't mess with Tony Skanjeally. I I've had my own issues in the name of the old.
Speaker 2: Makers Jimmy Skangeal and Temmy Kellamark. Do you want to write tomorrow's headline today?
Speaker 12: Ton you know, I had something planned and now I can't find it. But it was very clever. I can go last. Maybe I can find it.
Speaker 4: Funny that it's clever and you can't find it.
Speaker 8: I wrote down.
Speaker 2: That's really funny. It's it's side splitting. I get fight, but it was clever.
Speaker 12: I found it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 12: Yanks put to sleep. It's a gentleman's sweep.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 12: I thought that was kind of clever.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know you did.
Speaker 12: Yanks put to sleep. It's a gentleman's sleep, Marvin.
Speaker 4: Do you have a tomorrow's headlines top of that?
Speaker 11: Judge?
Speaker 4: Judge? Yeah, Judge. Do you think you could break out of this slump?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Thank you, Judge.
Speaker 2: What we learned brought to you by rapid radio's instant pushed to talk. Walkie Talkie's offering national LTE coverage, clear connection with the touch of a button. Great communication device for kids. We use them on the show. Go to rapids dot com up to sixty percent off free shipping. Thanks for joining us. Our best at Paulie Hope He's doing better for the Minister of Humor, Fritzie Seaton, Marv the back room guys, yours truly our pleasure to serve you.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to you on Thursday. Have a great night.