Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is a verdict with Ted Cruz the Weekend Review, Ben Ferguson with you, and these are the stories that you may have missed that we talked about this week.
Speaker 1: First up, illegal.
Speaker 2: Immigrants in this country are actually being recruited to vote in our elections. How are they getting recruited in the same offices of our government? Will they come in to get financial aid from our country as illegals. We're going to break that down for you. Also, Joe Biden losing the African American community at a record number, with new poll numbers showing that black voters are moving to Trump in a massive swing.
Speaker 1: Why is this happening. We're going to break it down for you.
Speaker 2: And finally, Senator Cruz goes after one Biden judicial nominee. You do not want to miss his cross examination. It's the Weekend Review and it starts right now. There was also new details that came out about how non citizens are getting voter registration forms from across the US. Republicans are trying to stop this. Democrats are saying no, and just to break this down so people understand United States welfare offices as well as other government agencies under the Biden administration in forty nine different states in this country are now providing voter registration forms to illegal immigrants without requiring proof of citizenship. And Democrats this isn't a loophole, they're exploiting it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly right. And I'll say the New York Post had an important article on this on this past weekend entitled how non citizens are getting voter registration forms across the United States and how Republicans are trying to stop it, and it describes how every state but Arizona, and Arizona recently passed a law barring the practice on state but not federal forms. Every other state gives applicants for either welfare benefits, drivers' licenses, or in some cases mail in ballots, gives them voter registration forms without demanding proof of citizenship. And there's no requirement on federal forms to provide proof of US citizenship, although it is illegal to falsely claim one as a citizen or for a non citizen to cast a ballot. But of course, if you're not asking for proof of citizenship, I guess it's just sort of wink wink, trust me, and we just will take it on an honor system that you're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: It's also if you think about this, if you know you're voting illegally, but you're voting for the people that claim they're going to give you amnesty, and you already broke into the United States of America, it's not a far stretch center to think, of course, they're going to sign up to vote because they're going to vote for the party that's about to hand them amnesty.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, and and that's the entire point. The reason the Democrats are allowing and actively facilitating this invasion is they want voters and and and they recognize that illegal immigrants are very likely to vote Democrat. That that if you're willing to break the law, if you're coming here illegally, that that that that you're going to go with the party that that is inviting you to break the law and is coming showering you with with benefits and looking the other way. And and and look, a lot of the problem stems back from a law that that that was passed in nineteen ninety three called the National Voter Registration Act, and it was signed into law by Bill Clinton. Was also called the Motor Voter Law, and what it did is it ordered states to register voters at the Department of Motor Vehicles and also at agencies where Americans apply for public benefits, and those offices, in turned, are required by federal law to hand the registration forms along with the application papers over the federal government. And if an applicant simply a test, if they say yep, I'm a US citizen, that is considered valid on its face, and that person is then registered to vote. And so the challenge right now is that millions of illegal immigrants with humanitarian parole or with refuge or asylum status are eligible right now for benefits that brings them to the offices where voter registration is taking place. So that's happening right now. Millions of these illegal immigrants are going to the offices where they're where the offices are handing them voter registration forms. And I want to pause for a second and reflect on how how the voter voter Law passed, because it had in nineteen ninety two, it had passed Congress, and George Herbert Walker Bush had vetoed it. But then in nineteen ninety three, Look, elections have consequences, and when buil Clinton got elected, it passed again. But I'll tell you in the Senate the reason it passed in the Senate. So every Democrat voted yes. So the Democrats get exactly what they're doing. All of the Democrats voted yes. Not a single Democrat voted no. But here's the problem. Six Republicans voted yes as well. So the vote the Senate was sixty two to thirty six. In other words, if the Republicans had voted no, they could have killed it. But just going through this, and I'm just looking down the list of the Republicans, DOMENICI from New Mexico voted yes. Durren Berger from Minnesota voted yes, Hatfield from Oregon voted yes, Packwood, Oregon voted yes, Specter from Pennsylvania voted yes, and Jeffords from Vermont voted yes. Now that's six Republicans. If just three of them had voted no, this bill wouldn't pass. And it's frustrating because the Democrats all get in line. They get what they're doing, they get that they are engaged in an effort to stay in power, and it's not lost on them. Look, when the bill passed, it's not an accident that they put voter registration in welfare offices. Hey, if you want welfare, register to vote for the people giving you welfare. But why are Republicans idiots? And they go along with that? And the bill doesn't require proof of citizenship. Why is that because Republican senators were idiots enough to vote for it. Not to be clear, none of those senators are still in the Senate. This was a long time ago. This was nineteen ninety three. Look, I was a year out of college. I was a first year law student at the time. So those senators are gone. But it's a pattern that has happened over and over again, and it's frustrating.
Speaker 2: So let's break this down because I think that's an important point for people to end on. It is a fact, and Democrats are really good center it counting. They know how many millions of illegal immigrants are in this country on humanitarian parole, as refugees, asylum status. They know how many of them can go in and get different forms of government aid, and they understand that then once you're in the federal system, whether it's to get welfare benefits, a driver's license, there's an instant pathway to go Hey, here's your registered to vote paperwork. And these millions of migrants that are walking in and out of government offices are now open to that.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why this is so dangerous.
Speaker 2: This isn't just a one off for a couple people, or as Democrats I to describe it within the you know, an asterisk when you're counting votes. This could be catastrophic to canceling out American voters with illegal immigrants, who were literally saying, fill this out, turn it in and you can vote, even though we know we're hand them to legal immigrants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, that's exactly right. And the Democrats are the party of government. They've always been the party of government. That the party of big government. They're party of high taxes, they're the party of job killing regulations, and they want they want to make people dependent on government. They're the party of dependency. They trap people, They trap people tragically in generations of dependency and the price that they extract it. It's a little bit like a drug dealer going and praying on kids in a junior high. They're like, hey, just try this a little, Just try it a little, just get a free sample, just try a little, and the price if they want to keep getting their their their fix of what the the drug dealing Democrats are providing. Their price is just make sure you vote for Democrats. That that's that's your your ticket to admission.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Look in the House.
Speaker 3: The House is taking up a bill called the Safeguard American Voter Eligibility Act the SAVE Act, which the House Administration Committee last month passed. And this bill requires states to receive proof of citizenship whenever anyone registers to vote by mail or at a DMV office or at a welfare agency office. And here's what Mike Johnson, the Speaker of the House said following the approval of the bill. He said, quote, as President Biden has welcomed millions of illegal immigrants through our borders, including sophisticated criminal syndicates and foreign adversaries. It is incumbent upon Congress to implement greater enforcement measures that secure the voter registration process and ensure only American citizens decide the outcome of American elections. And yet, astonishingly, the Democrats are fighting this. So for example, there's a left leaning operation called the Campaign Legal Center that has said that the SAVE Act is quote a shameful measure that will undermine trust in the electoral process. And they just they dismiss concerns about non citizen voting by saying it hasn't taken place at any meaningful level. Quote, it is a fabrication being peddled for personal and political gain by leaders who should know better. Shameful bills like the Safeguard American Voter Eligibility Act often result in eligible US citizens being incorrectly prevented from voting or being forced to jump through additional hoops to exercise their freedom to vote. Campaign Legal Center opposes this bill, but and you know what, the Democrats are very happy to salute and follow follow the line. Right now, at least nineteen states plus Washington DC allow non citizens to obtain driver's licenses, So in nearly half the states, you don't have to be a citizen to get a driver's license. And that is something that Biden supported during his presidential campaign. By the way, Biden was one of the Democrats who voted for motor voter, so he is just implementing the plan now from the executive side instead of the legislative side. And tragically, this pattern of amnesty and voting answers the question that I asked at the beginning of this pod. Why are Democrats willing to look the other way? Why don't they care about the people being killed? Why don't they care about the women being raped? Why don't they care about the children being assaulted? And it's because they've made a very cynical decision that staying in power is worth it, and if innocent people have to die, I guess that's a price they're willing to pay.
Speaker 2: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week.
Speaker 1: Now onto story number two.
Speaker 2: I want to also get to another story, and this one actually makes me laugh. CNN And rarely do I get to say this has been left speechless senator.
Speaker 1: After pulling, you just say that again, Yeah, right, CNN left speechless exactly.
Speaker 2: After polling findes Donald Trump headed for quote unquote his historic performance with black voters.
Speaker 1: Now, there's two parts of.
Speaker 2: This that that are that we should just bring up at the very beginning. One, it is amazing that no one's calling out just the straight up racism aspect of this that the Democratic Party and the media just assumes that if you're black, you must support the Democratic Party, and if you don't, then you're basically, in their mind, not a real black person. You're not you're you're not a real black woman. You're not a real black mother, right, you're you're not a real black father. No, No, you're you're you're an uncle Tom. You can't leave the Democratic plantation to think for yourself because you must be a Democrat, a modern day slave in essence of the Democratic Party. And now they can't believe that Donald Trump is headed for literally historic performance with African American voters. We don't like this what's happening under the Biden administration, and Biden's support from black voters under the age of fifty has cratered over the last four years.
Speaker 1: And they don't know what to do with this.
Speaker 3: Now, look that that is exactly right. They are shocked that that they come in with an assumption that anyone who is African American must support the Democrats, as Joe Biden famously or infamously said, if you're not supporting me, you ain't black, which which is just an arrogance that that that I think suffuses suffuses the current Democrat Party and and and it's worth well, I'll tell you what. Just listen to CNN as they're discussing these polling numbers.
Speaker 1: Senior data reporter Harry is with us.
Speaker 5: So where does the race stand among African American voters right now?
Speaker 6: I keep looking for this to change, to go back to a historical norm, and it simply put has not yet.
Speaker 1: So this is the.
Speaker 6: Margin or Biden Trump among black voters. Compare where we were at this point in twenty twenty. Compare where we are now. You know, at this point, look at this. In twenty twenty, Joe Biden was getting eighty six percent of the African American vote. Look at where it is now. It's seventy percent. That's a sixteen point drop, John. And more than that, it's not just that Joe Biden is losing ground, it's that Donald Trump is gaining ground.
Speaker 1: You go from seven percent.
Speaker 6: Single digits at this point in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: To now twenty one percent.
Speaker 6: And again, John, I keep looking for signs that this is going to go back to normal, and I don't see it yet in the polling of anything.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're careening.
Speaker 6: Towards a historic performance for Republican presidential candidate, the likes of which we have not seen in six decades.
Speaker 1: And when you dig into this, I love this.
Speaker 2: By the way, they're basically saying, we need to go back to normal, and you guys need to get back on the Democratic plantation.
Speaker 1: They're saying that on TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, it is not subtle. Who's CNN and is rooting for. They want Joe Biden to win, they want the Democrats to win. And and they're they're they're shocked, and and they're terrified, and they are freaking out and and and listen. I think this is an incredibly important shift. I think we're seeing African American voters moving moving towards Republicans. I think we're seeing Hispanic voters moving towards Republicans even faster. And I think that is it's part of the broader demographic shift. We're seeing a blue collar voters that are moving towards Republicans. We're seeing the old conventional wisdom was that that Republicans were the party of the rich and Democrats were the party of the poor and working class. I'm not sure that was ever true, but it is especially not true now it has been turned on its head. Today, Democrats are the party of rich coastal elites. They're the party of big tech billionaires and and and Hollywood moguls and California environmentalist billionaires. And I think Republicans, we're the party of truck drivers and steel workers and cops and firefighters and waiters and waits and everyone who works for a living and has callouses on their hands. And I think also, so there's an overlap. Listen, if you're right now. Let's say you're an Hispanic guy in South Texas and you work in the oil fields, and you drive a pickup truck and you go bird hunting on the weekends.
Speaker 4: You're voting Republican.
Speaker 3: Number one, you're seeing the invasion on our southern border the Democrats have caused. But number two, the Democrats have declared war on your livelihood and way of life. And so we're seeing Hispanics moving Republicans significantly. But African Americans we're seeing movement as well, not as rapidly. But listen, the simple reality. And I'm going to give Donald Trump credit. He went to Detroit, he went to an African American church. He made the case. He said, listen for the black community. Your lives have gotten a lot worse under Joe Biden the Democrats, between inflation, between crime, you look at what has happened. And he made the point illegal immigration. Who do you think eleven million illegal immigrants are taking jobs from They're not taking jobs. Jake Tapper is not losing his job to an illegal immigrant. It's actually a point remember I made in twenty sixteen in the presidential where I said, if you suddenly had crossing the border a bunch of lawyers and bankers and journalists coming here to take the job of rich professionals in the media, then you would have a crisis. Then they would lose their mind. But their view is no, no, no, that's fine to bring eleven million people in who take the job of low income workers, who take the job of the working class, who take the job of a lot of legal immigrants in the Hispanic community, who take the jobs of African Americans and drive down their wages. And I think you're seeing a lot of voters. I mean, the numbers among African American voters have more than doubled. And that's got Democrat that's really freaked out.
Speaker 2: But this goes back to a podcast that we did with actually your Congressman Wesley Hunt, Yeah, where he was on this show, and I would encourage people to go back and listen to it. But he discussed that the bigotry of low expectations that the Democrats put on African Americans. And he says, he said at the time, and I'm going back to this quote because I wrote it down, it's to create victims.
Speaker 1: And he was.
Speaker 2: Talking about how the Democratic Party has really victimized the African American community was with low expectations, high crime, high poverty, and basically the government getting you addicted to poverty.
Speaker 1: And I encourage you to go back and listen to it.
Speaker 2: But that seems to be the case in essence that Donald Trump is now making. And Fox, by the way, when these new poll numbers came out, I want you to hear how they explained it.
Speaker 5: Listen, all has Biden down nearly thirty percent among black voters since the twenty twenty election. What's changed? Look at the economy. The optimal color is not black. Around you hear me say that almost every day, Trump has gained fifteen points in that time. Congressman James Cliburne of South Carolina, downplaying the numbers here. He says, I don't think black voters have left the fold. I don't know what is going on with the polling taking place here. How can the polls get that so wrong? That's going on all over the country. Well, not everybody sees it that way. Political reports prominent Black Democrats are setting off alarm bells over Biden's black voter problems.
Speaker 2: I mean the arrogance there, just Cliburn who's saying, I don't believe this.
Speaker 1: I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I don't think this is actually happening right as he said, that's not going on all over the country. How can the polls get that so wrong? It's it's it's again. I go back to this idea and what Wesley Hunt said on the show. The Democratic Party believes they own the black community and you cannot leave.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I would encourage listeners go back, as you just said, Ben, listen to the podcast we do with Wesley Hunt. And actually that was one of the video ones we did, so you can watch it on YouTube, but also go back and listen or watch the podcast we did with Eric Johnson, the mayor of Mayor of Dallas, who's African American and he was elected as a Democrat mayor of Dallas. He's now become a Republican. Both of both with Wesley Hunt and Eric Johnson, both of them are are are friends of mine. We have a real discussion about how the Democrat agenda has utterly failed the African American community and the approach of Democrats is not to provide real policy solutions, but it's instead demagogue. Remember Joe Biden went I think it was in front of the NAACP IF I remember correctly where he said they're going to put y'all back in chains, which is ridiculous. And by the way, if you want to talk about about who enslaved African Americans, the answer to that was Democrats. It was Democrats who were the party of slavery. It was Democrats who founded the Ku Klux Klan, it was Democrats who wrote the Jim Crow Laws. And by the way, you're on my party. The Republican Party was founded to end slavery. That's why our party was founded. The first Republican president was Abraham Lincoln. The Democrats record on race issues have been horrible, and yet they demagogue and scare people. And I do think you're seeing African American voters saying, all right, enough, already produce results. And by the way, I'll give you three issues that I think resonate powerfully in the black community. Number one, inflation in the economy, and African Americans are getting hammered by that. Number two, safety and the combination of the invasion at our southern border, which is endangering African Americans and all Americans. But also the Democrats undermining the police, undermining pushing for defunding the police, for abolishing the police. That has resulted in a lot more African Americans being murdered. And the Democrats like to say black lives matter, well, their radical policies result in more African Americans being victims of murder. Three is school choice. And as you know, school choice is the issue. I think it is the most important domestic issue in the country. It is the civil rights issue of the twenty first century. And today's Democrats are the modern day bull Connor. They are standing at the school door saying we will not let low income students out. I believe every child in Texas and every child in America should have a right to access excellent education. And it ought to be about education, freedom, The student and your parents should decide, not bureaucrats who want to keep kids trapped.
Speaker 2: Finally, just to expand on this, it's not just African American voters that Biden has lost touch with. There is now new data with Hispanic voters. For example, another policy that Trump has doubled down on, mass deportations is now popular in this country. The majority of registered voters favor a new national program to deport all undocumented immigrants currently living in the US legally by sixty two to thirty eight percent. That is massive. But here's you break that number down. Now, a majority of Hispanic center favor mass deportations in America as well, fifty three to forty seven. And this is another blow to Joe Biden with quote minority voters.
Speaker 3: Well, that's right, and it is the fruits of the failures of Democrat open border policies that are people are seeing the absolute disaster of it. And I'll tell you years ago, I was doing a national interview with hore ramosre Ramos what was of of course, it is the national journalist, and he accused me of being and I'm going to quote him a traitor to my race because I believe in securing the border, and his view was, as an Hispanic, I'm not allowed to support secure into the border. He practically yelled on me on national television that I'm a trader at my race. And I asked him, I said, tell me, what would happen if I went illegally to Mexico?
Speaker 1: What would they do?
Speaker 3: And he said, oh, they deport you. And it's like, well, okay, if Mexico is allowed to enforce its laws, why is America? Why are our laws less consequential? And you know it almost chairs the national news program on Univision.
Speaker 4: And yet the.
Speaker 3: View that he characterizes as a trader to your race is now, as you noted, according to polling number, the view of the majority of Hispanics in America as before.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and dow the podcasts from earlier this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story number three of the week you may have missed. I want to move to something else and we get to cover this on this podcast. And I think it's so important in that that is your interaction specifically with biden judicial nominees. Biden has nominated a judge with ties to communists. You had a chance to have a conversation with this nominee, Carla Campbell, for uh, literally, she worked openly with a Marxist organization.
Speaker 1: Read us into this insanity.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, we had this morning a judicial confirmation hearing with actually two Court of Appeals nominees, one of the First Circuit Court of Appeals, one to the six Circuit Court of Appeals. They're both terrible nominees. The one of the First Circuit Court of Appeals is a judge in Maine who repeatedly has given incredibly soft and lenient sentences to vicious criminals. There was one guy who was a child molester who molested two little girls, one five years old, one nine years old. This judge sentenced him to just six years and described from the bench she said, I can see so much good in you. You're such a good person. This is to the child molester repeatedly molesting a five year old nine year old girl. There was another woman, a mom whose one year old baby died of fentanyl poisoning. Now she was a drug dealer. She had drug dealing all throughout her apartment. This one year old child massively overdosed of fentanyl. When he was found, his pajamas were coated in fentanyl. The sheets that he was lying on were coded and fentanyl. They had fentanyl everywhere. He had enough fentanyl in his system to kill four adults one year old. She could have sentenced this mother to thirty years in jail for murdering her child with fentanyl. She sentenced the child to four years. This is a terrible nominee, but you know what, most of the hearings she got very few questions. You know why because the other nominee was even worse. The other nominee has been actively supporting radicals and literally communists. She has been a volunteer support warding a communist group that is openly calling for a worker's revolution to overthrow capitalism. She's done that for years. She also supported a radical left wing candidate for Congress. Just give a listen because I questioned her vigorously and she would not answer a damn thing about her own record.
Speaker 4: Miss Campbell.
Speaker 3: I will say I have seen some astonishing nominees from this administration, but I have to admit your record takes the Cake, a judge should not be a political activist. Your record demonstrates to me a long history of being a political activist, but not just an activist, an activist who affiliates with extreme and radical organizations.
Speaker 4: Now, when Senator.
Speaker 3: Grassley asked you about the Workers Dignity Organization, you gave I think deliberately misleading answer. You said you did not represent them, and that convinced Senator Grassley not to continue on that line of questioning. You have been a legal advisor to that organization since twenty thirteen. That is what you have publicly printed on your AVO biography. It is what has been described in the Tennessee Bar Association when you were nominated that explicitly says she served as a legal advisor for local workers' rights nonprofit Workers Dignity. Now, why is it your distancings hereself from them? The reason is because they are utterly radical. If you look at this group that you've served as the legal advisor for for over a decade, this is an openly Marxist organization. This is a communist organization. Now that those words are not said lightly according to their own characterization of their views, this group says there's no election outcome that improves conditions for workers. The laws of this country have never worked for our people, and now that the system is crumbling, we will continue to stand in community and solidarity with each other. The only way we win in a world we deserve is by building a multi racial working class revolution that can push out white nationalism, violent state racism, then the capitalist class that is desperately clutching to hold control and profits as the people rise up. Why have you spent a decade as a legal advisor to an openly communist and Marxist organization?
Speaker 7: If I could briefly clarify, more than a decade ago, probably for the course of two or three years, I served on an advisory board that helped this at the time was supposed to be a nonprofit workers' rights organization get set up and get started.
Speaker 4: Did you know they were a communist organization?
Speaker 7: Senator at that time? None. They did not express these kinds of views. It was an organization, So this is new.
Speaker 4: This wasn't the case then.
Speaker 7: Yes, and I have not been affiliated with them in more than a decade.
Speaker 3: You're aware that your current profile that you have up your legal bio says you are right now an advisor to them.
Speaker 7: I apologize for any confusion about that, as though were.
Speaker 4: Your testimony under oath, And that's all right.
Speaker 3: The facts will come out, but your testimony on it, I want to make it explicit. Your testimony under oath is that you have done absolutely nothing and had zero contact with them for how long?
Speaker 7: I have not served on their advisory boards.
Speaker 3: You've done absolutely nothing and had zero contact with them for how long?
Speaker 4: Please answer the question?
Speaker 3: Many?
Speaker 7: Many years?
Speaker 4: How many?
Speaker 7: I don't know sitting here today, it's been If.
Speaker 3: You look at other statements from this organization, because they are radicals, they are radicals. If you look also, this is the same group in twenty twenty they called for abolishing ice, abolishing prisons and detention centers, and abolishing the police. Why did you volunteer for a communist organization that calls for abolishing ice and abolishing the police?
Speaker 7: Senator, I have never seen these comments before.
Speaker 4: You didn't know who you were volunteering for.
Speaker 7: I was not a volunteer for them.
Speaker 4: You are a legal advisor? Were you paid?
Speaker 3: No? I was, then you were a volunteer. If you volunteer to be a legal advisor, you were a volunteer. Why did you volunteer? Do you support abolishing ice?
Speaker 7: Senator? At this time I had to.
Speaker 4: Support abolishing I do not, Senator.
Speaker 3: Well, it's amazing because a minute ago you also told Senator Graham that the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition that has a manifesto calling for abolishing ICE, you said you had nothing to do with it, which is fairly astonishing because on page three of their manifesto they thank you by name for.
Speaker 4: What they say.
Speaker 3: We would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for their thoughtful feedback and input. This platform would not have been possible without their expertise.
Speaker 7: Are they lying, Senator? I'm not familiar with that manifesto?
Speaker 4: Are they lying?
Speaker 3: Did you provide any assistance? Did you give feedback an input? Which is what they say on the cover page?
Speaker 7: Senator, I didn't even know that existed, and so no, I did not provide input on it.
Speaker 3: And why you know when Senator Graham asked why you gave money to this radical candidate who has said fifty two senators are Jim Crow senators and said multiple of us are siding with the devil, you laughed and thought that was funny, but Senator Graham asked you a question. Look, that candidate was as radical as I've ever seen. And when Senator Graham asked why you gave money to that candidate, you just smiled and didn't answer. So, why did you give money to a radical candidate who believes multiple members of the Senate are siding with the devil?
Speaker 4: Senator Actually, Senator.
Speaker 3: White House, you weren't here before an exchange with the chairman where Senator Kennedy asked for longer periods because you have two circuit justices, and the Chairman said he was going to give additional time. So the comment they want to be gabbled it's part of the show, is not accurate. And Senator Welch said he was going to give additional time. In fact, he said at the beginning was going to give six minutes. So my question you did not answer, Senator Graham, Chairman, how much time?
Speaker 7: How much time is expired?
Speaker 1: I just want to clarify, I just walked in this.
Speaker 4: Why did you give money six minutes? Because it seems like more than six is past.
Speaker 3: Why did you give money to this to this radical put up the double one too? Why did you give money to this radical candidate fifteen hundred dollars a lot of money.
Speaker 7: That's a question, Senator. Again, I'm not familiar with these comments.
Speaker 3: Why did you give money to this radical candidate? Could you let her answer the question?
Speaker 7: Please, I'm not familiar with these comments.
Speaker 3: And I why did you give money to her? That's the question you're not going to answer. You're refusing to answer why you gave money to her?
Speaker 7: Senator, I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 4: These That's not an answer.
Speaker 3: My answer is why did you What is the affirmative reason you gave fifteen hundred dollars? There was something you saw in her that you said, this needs fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Why please answer that question? Time is expired.
Speaker 3: Would you please ask the witness to answer the question. She's refusing to answer it. It's indefensible, But answer, was there any reason? Or you just give fifteen hundred dollars to anyone?
Speaker 4: Senator?
Speaker 3: Your time has expired. I would like her to answer the question. And you said she could answer the question. She has refused to do so multiple times. Please answer the question. Just answer the question. No, she did not. She said she didn't know those comments. That's not why she gave the money? Senator, Can I ask you why she.
Speaker 4: Gave the money? You don't know because she hasn't answered. Are you going to answer? Miss Campbler?
Speaker 3: Not desire to know why you gave money to Sanatical who says we are aligned?
Speaker 4: Mister Chairman, I have a lot a lot of other centers of busy days. Can we get on with the next person?
Speaker 3: You don't want to answer to the question either, Senator Booker uh red question, Miss Campbell? Or do you believe this committee doesn't deserve an answer to that question?
Speaker 1: Mister chairman?
Speaker 4: Who has?
Speaker 3: They're just refusing to answer.
Speaker 1: Who's next?
Speaker 4: Centaer's time has expired? The Senator doesn't like the answer. He's not an answer.
Speaker 3: She sat there silently and has not spoken.
Speaker 2: That is, by definition not an answer from It's amazing by the way they said she answered the question.
Speaker 1: They're just flat out live, won't they?
Speaker 3: They will? And it was really striking. I've never seen so this particular judicial nominee. She presents as a sort of very mousey, shy woman, which is really weird because she volunteers for communists like I've never seen that, and she had so Lindsey so Chuck Grassley asked her, Hey, you volunteered for this communist group and she said, I've never represented them, and he was like, oh, well, okay, I guess my staff got that wrong.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 3: So that happened first, and then Lindsey Graham asked and he asked her, why did you give money to this? I mean, this was a radical candidate who literally said, all fifty two Republicans who voted against Katanji Brown Jackson or all fifty two Republicans not a vote against Tanji Brown Jackson, but fifty two Republicans were Jim Crow Republicans, including, by the way, Tim Scott. She called Tim Scott a white white supremacist. He's African American, but she called Tim Scott a white supremacist. This was this judicial candidate's single largest donation. She gave fifteen hundred dollars, more than she'd ever given to any political candidate. And Lindsey asked her, said why did you give the money? And she just stared at him violently, and Lindsey moved on. So I went and asked her, why did you give the money? And she tried that she had the weirdest I've never seen a candidate do this where you have a question and she just looks at you silently. And then what happened is a bunch of Democrat senators rush in. So Peter Welch was cherry of the hearing. He's trying to gabble down, saying no, no, no, no, I don't want to answer this question. Then Corey Booker came in, so Sheldon Whitehouse chimed in. None of them were there for most of the hearing. And Sheldon Whitehouse came in and said, I'll just gable him down. They want that, So he was trying to do that, and then Corey Booker was just trying to stop the bleeding. But you know what, It's amazing. Do you know how many Democrat senators on Judiciary Committee asked her, Hey, why'd you represent a communist organization?
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with probably zero, that would be zero.
Speaker 3: None of them cared, you know, none of them. It is a bizarre thing. There is no independent freethrink thinking among the Democrats.
Speaker 1: There's none.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: When Donald Trump was president, he nominated some terrific judges. We can confirmed the vast majority of his judges. He had some judicial nominees that were mistakes. That were bad nominees. And you know what we did as Republicans. We rejected him. We said, nope, take this one back, this one's not there. That's actually under the Constitution, the job of the Senate, it's called advise and consent. The Democrats never ever do that. They're just a rubber stamp, and they're willing that. This is a woman who's volunteering for multiple organizations that are calling for abolishing ice and abolishing the police, and the Democrats will all be like the polit bureau and vote dah. That sounds like a federal appellate judge to.
Speaker 1: Us, It's incredible. At the end of the day.
Speaker 2: The question everybody's asking right now is is she going to get confirmed?
Speaker 1: And the answer is yes.
Speaker 3: Correct now, I think we'll probably beat this judge. And I actually think the reason they paired them so typically Judiciary Committee, they'll do one Court of Appeals judge at a time.
Speaker 4: It's unusual to do too.
Speaker 3: And I think the reason they did this it is I think they knew this woman's record was pretty right and she was going to have a really rough time. I think they really want the left wing judge from Maine on the fifth circuit on the first circuit, and they know that her record is terrible too. She keeps letting violent criminals go with really really short prison sentences. But they knew, so you know, look, I spent I don't know, forty five seconds laying out the terrible record about this judge letting violent criminals go early. But you had a communist next to her. I don't know if she's a communist. She just volunteers for the communists, so you decide what that is. I think it was a strategy. They know the sixth circuit judge will go down, that she's not going to get the votes, but they're trying to ram the other judge through, and the other judge from Maine got a bumpy ride, but a much better ride than if she'd been solo and people had actually been able to really dive into a record.
Speaker 2: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with center Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to deal with my podcast, and you can listen to my podcast every other day you're not listening to Verdict or each day when you listen to Verdict. Afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again the Ben Ferguson Podcasts, and we will see you back here on Monday morning.