Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes.
Speaker 2: So, as you know, my podcast Reality with the King is on tour and my next stop is live in New York City with the one the Only Queen of New Jersey, Teresa Judais. Yes, on Tuesday, June eighteenth at the City Winery, Teresa Judais and I will have a live conversation in front of a live audience. Make sure you get your tickets now. Log onto my website Kingdom raint dot com. That's Kingdom r E I G N e n T dot com. Or if you're on social media and follow me, click on the link of my bio.
Speaker 1: To purchase your tickets.
Speaker 2: Once again, the website is Kingdom rainnt dot com. Hit the tab that says tour and me and to Lisa Judais cannot wait to see you on Tuesday, June eighteenth in New York City.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey, rain drops.
Speaker 2: On today's episode of Reality with the King, I'm reunited with my favorite blonde as you all know, my girl from the OC. No not Tam or Judge girls. I'm talking about the amazing kid kc.
Speaker 3: Oh. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: We have so much to talk about, and I have to tell you I've been on I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited.
Speaker 3: I was so excited about this episode. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just dive right into a girl.
Speaker 2: So band the Pump Rules Part one reunion was salacious. A lot of information came out, and obviously the reunions started out with the conversation about the artist formly known as ray.
Speaker 1: Kal, which is Rachel. So you want to just dive right into a k because I have so many questions for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, first I want to just establish something before we move forward. We have to all acknowledge that this show lives in the very strange vortex, where like, do we believe any of the people are really true true friends? Probably not? Will they be friends after the show, probably not? Like, are they part of a social experiment. Yes, are a lot of the decisions they make wrapped around opportunities, financial opportunity, unities, like opportunities connected to fame. Yes, So these are not like regular people that we know in town. So we have to look through that lens. So before people send out the pitchforks, we're just watching the show.
Speaker 3: We don't have favorites.
Speaker 4: We're just seeing it as it is through the lens of people that have been on a television show for eleven years, who are now in the phase of how do we get calibrated to life after a show that we were on for many years that was probably being driven off of a cliff became mainstream popular because of an affair, a very relatable topic for most people in life, you know, like The Housewives of Beverly Hills and air gajriority. It's a complex financial legal issue, so not everybody's going to get wrapped up in dissecting it.
Speaker 3: Everybody can dissect an affair.
Speaker 4: They've had one, they've known someone that's had an affair, they felt betrayed, So there's this common thread to that that I think connected people to the story and thus why it became this mainstream story.
Speaker 3: However, they are.
Speaker 4: Still people that have been involved in a social experiment on television. They are paid to become reality or paid to be reality stars, and that job requires them to be far more open than we need to be in our daily lives. So let's just start with that. Because I see people on social media who are so invested in this show and so invested on one side or another, and I always want to go, wait, Let's just remember they are not people that we could typically relate to in this scenario, because they are people on a reality show who have been on television for eleven years, and they are all very aware that this is a very fleeting period of time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and we saw that last week in the finale, which I think all of us are calling it this series finale because the way it ended kind of showcased that there's no place to go anymore when it comes to this show. Like it's a rap, it's a Rentals rap, it's it's it's put a fork in it.
Speaker 1: It's done.
Speaker 2: And that's why this part where reunion, I just see it as sort of like the ending chapter of this novel. Right, And they shot the season immediately after the scandal because look, I think we all just wanted to see the after math of it, and we did, but I think after seeing it, we all realized, like we're kind of just over the story because there was there was no there was no movement.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a very stagnant season in the sense that everybody was stuck in its place. And listen, if you're not on television, sure you'd be stuck in that place, sometimes for years. And that's the reason why, you know, Listen, I've been very honest about like Arianna, like, let's try to get over this. I listen, I'm going to always feel like I will never understand why she had to stay in the house.
Speaker 1: I won't ever get that.
Speaker 2: And listen, I also will say this, I think everybody got something out of it. And at the end of the day, Arianna got the most out of this situation in terms of the access that she was able to receive, the brand deals, having your own segment on the view, you know, and like Santamal said, like this was on every major news station. Everybody benefit from this scandal, even the cast who was not even a part of it, you know what I mean. So I didn't think Rachel should have done the Bethany Franklin interview, it did nothing for her, nothing at all, And even having a podcast.
Speaker 1: I felt like after she got.
Speaker 2: The treatment she deserved and really needed at that time, it was sort of like, let's just sort of figure things out. But now she is suing Arianna and Tom, so explain to me what she sooned?
Speaker 1: Thefore is revenge porn? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think the assumption is that, I mean, without being privy to the all of the you know, the paperwork, one can only just go off of what's been reported of the news. But apparently the moment where she saw the video of her in an intimate situation on Tom's phone, she allegedly may have screenshot it and then sent it to someone else. However, they both say that that did not happen as it has been alleged, So I don't I think you're not going to really know what the truth is until that those core proceedings happen.
Speaker 3: It just it's very dark. I will say this.
Speaker 4: I think that an element of the Ariana Tom's story. Two things that I was mindful of watching last night is that I feel like they were probably not in an intimate relationship, a romantic relationship for a very long time, but as many couples do, they kind of have this like quasi partnership, the added element that they're on this TV show, like we're a couple on the show, like we rely on each other to some degree in order to be like part of this show. I think the level of betrayal that she felt was less about you betrayed me as an intimate partner and more as you betrayed me as a very close friend to.
Speaker 3: Me on this show.
Speaker 4: Because in normal life, our friendships it's like, you know, our friendships are deep. But if you have an alliance someone on a reality show and you feel like they betray you, and that's somebody that you are living with and you've been with them for eleven years, I think that's more of the betrayal she felt. So for the people that go, I mean, they weren't even like having sex. They never made it seem like they ever had sex. And then Tom Sannibal would say, well, of course I'm going to be with Raquel because like I'm not getting any action, it's still a betrayal.
Speaker 3: He betrayed her.
Speaker 4: I also felt, like I've said this for weeks, I felt like the season was like a docuseriies on how people handled a like post scandal. Yes, I'm show about a group of friends and like how they're coping. To me as a viewer, we're like, oh, we're watching how people handle it when they think their show's about to go off the air. Something happens and they get this crazy amount of fame for a very short window of time. So we're show we're watching them. And I thought they all were filming different shows in their head. The producers are making a whole other show that doesn't calibrate with what they think the show is. Like Arianna thought the show that season, I think was going to be about her rise to success and all these opportunities, like well, of course you're going to show me going to Chicago and dancing with stars. I think that she had assumed that was the footage that you guys would see, like look at me, Like I was kind of on the show and Tom ignored me. I think this is someone who has put her needs on the back burner, not in just a romantic way. I'm seeing like as a friendship, Like that's even messed up as a friend, Like who do that? Like if you were like, Oh, I'm going to write this book, and then I said, you know, I really should co write it with you.
Speaker 3: Pete the Kate.
Speaker 4: The show is about like the thing I love, which is like basket weaving, and I'm like, yeah, but I love to basket weave too, so we should do it together. That's essentially what he did with his like cocktail book, right, so I thought.
Speaker 1: I guess I.
Speaker 4: Think she thought the show was going to play back, and I think that's probably why she didn't watch it, because people are probably like, Oh, they're not covered. They're not including any of the Dancing with the Star stuff, they're not doing any of the Chicago sub She's like, wait what. And then I think Sena thought the show was I'm going to tell the story of like my postpartum.
Speaker 3: Experience and how I'm.
Speaker 4: Worried about having another baby, and I want people to see, like, Brock is this great dad, and maybe he was saw a sliver of that, but I think she was disappointed because she thought that's what the show was going.
Speaker 3: To be about, or at least her scenes.
Speaker 4: I think Laala thought the show was going to be about this fertility journey and reclaiming her power by doing the fertility route on her own. I think she was disappointed. I think Tom Sandoval was disappointed because he thought the show was going to be about Yeah, like this happened to me, but now with my newfound fame, I'm like a cover band all star.
Speaker 3: Like they all thought something else was.
Speaker 4: Gonna air, which is so strange to me because the show was really about this group of friends from the beginning, and none of them seem to hang out at all. So what is left for the cruisers to do? They have to make a show about what happened in the aftermath of the scandal, but the anchor person on it is not on the show like Raquel Dion's show up, who has like, yeah, o going to put all the puzzle pieces together?
Speaker 3: So what are they left with? All of these.
Speaker 4: People who want to tell independent stories and their lives very rarely intersect, and the only intersection story really is probably the Sandwich Shop, and that didn't happen. So I mean, I feel like empathy in some way to all the players because none of the cast members really feel like they got out of it what they thought they.
Speaker 3: Were going to get out of it.
Speaker 4: And I feel bad for the film crew because they could only do, they could only make with what they were given totally, and then I'm sure the network was like, go get Raquel. I'd go to Arizona, drive to her house. We got to make this work. And she just maybe that was her way of establishing her like taking back her own powers, like fuck you guys. But I think that's what we needed.
Speaker 3: The show.
Speaker 4: Really, this season was again like a docuseries about or documentary about like what happens in the aftermath, and the person at the center of this scandal is not there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which was a huge mistake because I think that's the reason why everything fell stagnant, because the person who was literally in the middle of all of this, right is not even there to talk about her experience, giving her point of view, seeing her make amends hopefully with Arianna, if that was going to be her intention, and seeing her have the conversations with Tom because even last year's reunion where we saw them in the trailer talking and backstage, and it just felt very much like they just had like this plan, right, like we have a plan. We're going to stick to the script and we're going to you know, come out of this hopefully, you know, less unscathed than we could have been, and then that went haywires. So it is very interesting because Raquel could have easily made this season different if she felt comfortable going. She did not, so she didn't do it, which, you know, respect to her for not stepping into a situation where she wasn't mentally and physically ready to have these conversations, because, like we said earlier, in real life, without cameras, you were probably wait years to confront the person who portrayed you, because it is all about portrayal.
Speaker 4: By the way, I would have liked Ariana to have said, I know that she just did not want to film with him, It's very obvious, but if you're not going to film with him, I wanted her to really put out there, like the level of not just but betrayal, but like what she had been going through all those years, like she needed to go into that. Remember the Cocktail book. I put my desires on the back burner. I included him when I didn't want to, because he was so persistent all the time. I had this opportunity, and he convinced me that I wasn't interesting enough for TV. He convinced me of this like I needed that in for me. If you're not going to film with him, that would have been really powerful too, and would have I think glued the show together.
Speaker 3: A little bit more, because I feel like she.
Speaker 4: Was going maybe to a therapist's office and close the door, and I'm like outside going wait, wait, what is that?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, No, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I really agree with you, which is why when Tom Sandoval said that this was on every news station.
Speaker 4: He was happy about it. By the way, I don't think he cares that he looks terrible. I think he thinks. You know, I always say most people have like a level of imposter syndrome, where you're like, I don't know if I belong in this job.
Speaker 3: They're going to figure me out.
Speaker 4: Reality stars have celebrity syndrome, where they think all their lives like, well, of course I'm a movie star, of course, like where are the cameras? Like Jennifer Aiden celebrity syndrome. Dan of All has celebrity syndrome. He doesn't care that everybody's like you're a piece of shit. You destroy these women's lives, Like what is wrong with you? Because he's like, well, am I selling tickets to my show, Like, I'm like, I don't think he cares.
Speaker 2: You think he only cared when the backlash came when he compared himself to George Floyd and Ode Simpson, which was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So did you buy his statement?
Speaker 4: Not only do I think it didn't occur to him. How outlandish is that is to say I don't think he really cared. I mean I think everything he does is like, I don't know if he has empathy. He's like Erica Jane a little bit like that.
Speaker 3: Like remember that.
Speaker 4: Scene with Erica Jane last season where she's talking to the therapist and she's like, well, how do you have empathy? I think he's like that. It doesn't occur to him that he put this woman, Ariana's life on hold, like, you know, like he kept her captive in some ways, her hopes and dreams. He kept her hopes and dreams captive for the duration of their relationship. He did the same for Rakhal. He does the same to everybody. I think in his life. I don't think he has such much empathy. He is the star of his own show. We're all supporting characters in the show that he believes in his head, he doesn't really care about any of the women in breaking their hearts. I think that's pretty apparent. I don't think he really cares about his own friends.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's just selfish?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do. But you know, that's what we look for in a roality star. We look for somebody who is absolutely insane. He lives out out with how selfish he is. He's showing us all the time in every scene that he's ever been on the show.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I'm fascinated by that because he doesn't have any self awareness, and that is super obvious just based on you know what I've seen this season. In addition to the part when reunion he's not self aware and I didn't buy his story about like what I was trying to say this about the George Floyd on and buy it. I think his PR team prepped him for that comment. And then Laah's like, well, if you meant it that way, I'm like, la La sit back, girl, I love you, But I like, no, his PR team coached him. He was prepped to say, well, you know, I was just saying like these are important news and my.
Speaker 1: Stuff is bullshit.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, Kate, that he loves the attention. He's very much a narcissist and anything that has to do with his profile getting bigger and bigger and bigger. But I will say this, you also have to somewhat blame the media because I will say this much. I will say this, it is some of the media's fault, Like why is he on CNN? Why is this story captivating enough to have? I was gagging because you know, I love the View. I was gagging when Arianna had her own segment on the View and they changed a set around Kate to mimic band the Pumpreuls restaurant.
Speaker 1: What did you see this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, but by the way, does that audience watch and her prumb rolls?
Speaker 1: That was my point.
Speaker 2: I'm like the only person who watched it, and guess what, not only does the audience not watch it, the co hosts did not watch it. Whoopy Gobert, Joy Behart Sonny Hostin was like, what are we talking about? Alyssa Fair Griffin was the only person was like, oh my gosh, I cause she's the youngest one.
Speaker 1: Obviously they were trying to.
Speaker 2: Get the younger audience, but no one cared about that from the audience standpoint. So again it goes back to everybody benefited from the scandal. And that's the reason why when Laala said, and I want thousand percent believe this, when she said that James, Sheena, and Katie were living in the comments.
Speaker 4: Section, I believed that I do. I mean, I think they all live in the comment section. I think housewives live in the common section. Confirmed how they behave, or interact or react on screen in accordance to what they believe the audience wants. They are absolutely and remember they ended that season of Vanner Pump and then they filmed very soon after. I'm going to say, like what three four weeks very soon after, so of course they're reading through all the comments. I also believe the scene with Lala saying, yeah, I did get a phone call from Katie and she was bitching.
Speaker 3: But I think what.
Speaker 4: Laala forgets is like normal people in real life have moments where they're frustrated in business, and yeah, they are probably going to complain. So believed that Katie was like, ooh my bad, I vented to the wrong person. But also again, they're on a reality show and the production is probably like, guys, this show can't all be about scandabal if you guys don't want to talk about it, like got to give us other stuff. And they're probably frustrated that for two years they haven't been able to follow this sandwich store opening, which I mean, it doesn't sound that interesting opening a store.
Speaker 2: My honey, a sandwich shop at that. I don't care about your deli. I don't care about the baloney, the male, the pickles. I don't want to see that shit. I just don't. But what I do want to see is a conversation that Katie should have had Arihanna about the fact that she wasn't paying the rent for the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Well, it's such a disconnect too.
Speaker 4: You can tell the part of the reason it's not opening is they really don't have these, like, really hard to heart conversations because when Lisa vander Pump who, I feel like she's pointless to the show, except for this one moment where Andy asks her, well, what do you think about the sandwich shop open not opening? And she was like, well, I mean she hasn't been around far in terms of like Ariana has been around the way that Ariana.
Speaker 3: Looked at her like what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I mean you can't have a business and not have a partner and not have these like in depth conversations.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna be away? What's gonna happen? How much is it?
Speaker 4: Like all this red tape that was going on with this, I think believed all of the people in that situation, But that can't be the show story. You can't have the show about a sandwich store opening.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 4: And you can't also have these scenes with each other because I don't even believe they're friends at all. I think they actually all kind of hate each other. But I also think that's what happens when the story goes mainstream and you have more opportunities than you've ever been asked and people are sizing it up. I mean on a macro level. We see that with the Housewives, Like each season they're all angry about, well, that person and got a better deal. This is like, Okay, how much is Applebee's paying you for that? How much did you get.
Speaker 3: From Uber eats?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, Like, oh, you got a razor deal, like a like a disposable razor, Like how much is she getting for that? And that's why I think they get mad about the house situation because it's not like why are you still living in the same house, like you know, as probably a normal life who go like he's awful, Like, it's more like, did you just make one point two million dollars on that deal? Because there are other people that they encircle themselves that are in their ear too, we're forgetting about them, like if we're going to really break the fourth wall, tell the whole story. They're agents, they're managers, their lawyers, they're publicists. They're all telling them what the other cast members are getting in terms of deals.
Speaker 2: For sure, yes, And I want to explain to the audience because the way it works is the moment a reality star pops, it's like these vultures of people start to swarm them like bees to a honey, and they want to represent them and they because they want to be able to like milk every opportunity that comes their way. Some of them have good attentions, a lot of them do not. And Kate is saying exactly what happens, which is these vultures will find out what other people are making and they be in your ear. You're the star of the show. You should be having this. You don't don't address that. I cannot tell you how many times Kate my career, I've had to deal with these people, not all some of them who would tell my reality stars Kate, don't bring that up, don't talk about that, don't film with her, don't We don't want to make you the villain this season.
Speaker 1: We need to get And it's sort of.
Speaker 2: Like, motherfucker, the only reason you're talking to this reality start in the first place is because more than using the show, and because they were probably you know, the force multiplier or the villain, but they popped.
Speaker 1: You're not talking to and this is no shade. This is no shade.
Speaker 2: You're not talking to Joyce from Beverly Hills Housewives, you know what I mean? Like you're talking to Lisa, Renna, You're you're talking to Erica Jane. You're not talking to Crystal, you know what I mean? Like you're talking to the people who bring something, and.
Speaker 4: Those people don't even understand the vortex either. Oh baby, It's like they also represent like somebody who well I don't know that like was in a circus.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like, what the hell do you know about this? This ecosystem next to nothing? And then they're in their ear telling them things.
Speaker 1: Yes, and and and that's the reason why.
Speaker 2: So Arianna has a lot of fans and high fans who are listening, we love you. A lot of the fans have been mad at me because I'm like, Arianna, get over everywhere, over D D D D and listen. Yes, but I've always I've always said this rain drops that what she went through was horrific. What I was saying about Arianna is, look, you sign on to do the season again, no one forced you. One thing will get rachel. She said, I'm out, And I respect that.
Speaker 1: Do I like it?
Speaker 2: No, because I want to see the conversation, but I respect it. When you sign on to do the show, that means you're signing on to have these uncomfortable conversations where you know, three weeks after the reunion you're filming again, so you know what needs.
Speaker 3: To happen, and you're contractually obligated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's at the end of the day, it's a job, and I think people are forgetting that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is your real life, but it's also a job. So it's it's.
Speaker 2: Really saying to us, like, well, when Teresa got sentenced to jail, we are going to respect the fact that she doesn't want to.
Speaker 1: Talk to Joe.
Speaker 2: Judaices, huh, like, we want to, we want to see everything we if you sign on to do something. So with Ariana's like, this guy is living in your house. Clearly you're comfortable being around him. Stop me when I'm wrong. If you are okay with cohabitating in the house with this motherfucker, then to me, that means you're comfortable of being around him in some space. What I'm saying is she is the example to me, allegedly of a person who was advised by the team to not talk about it. Don't address it. You're bigger than him, don't give him a storyline. We want him off the show anyway, this is this is your show. Now let's focus on like your business and your coffee and your sandwiches, and you're dancing and all this other stuff. So now, that and that, that guy is the reason why to me, she gave us nothing because she was advised improperly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I said, I would have really enjoyed hearing more about how he had held her hopes and dreams captive. I think that would have been really, very, very helpful for other people that watch the show too, who I think a lot of people felt seen in her storyline like they were with somebody who betrayed them but also disallowed them from moving forward in their life.
Speaker 3: Like she said something interesting too.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was an interview orf her it was on the show, but something about how freezing her eggs, like he made her seem like she didn't want a family, but she did go ahead and freeze her eggs.
Speaker 3: And I was like, Oh, that's interesting, Like why.
Speaker 1: Don't they talk about that bingo.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, I feel like he and I remember I interviewed him many years ago, and I feel like that was the vibe that he was giving, like she's totally disinterested in having a family, so like what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: That must have been infuriating.
Speaker 4: So that's the kind of stuff I would have, So she doesn't necessarily have to film with him or have this like big like Jets versus Shark's West Side story moment at the end where she's like, you know what, you can shove it up, you know whatever, but you could still like give some context of like this is why it's so important for me to move forward. This is I was so over him by this point in terms of like an emotional and physical connection. The minute I met this guy Dan and he gave me just a quarter of like what Tom gave me, I was so eager to explore it because I've been devoid of any connection emotionally or physically for so long, and I'm not willing to do that anymore. If anything about this scandal coming out is that now I know the love and support I have of people, but I also found a part of myself that had died inside over the course of like eight.
Speaker 3: Or whatever they were.
Speaker 4: I think that like I would have had more of that element, like because people are ripping on her on the show too, like, oh you met this guy and there it's like eight days or they met at a wedding. I'm like, it doesn't really matter, because when you're really over someone, when you meet somebody that like actually gives you just a little bit of something, you're like, oh, I'm going all in right.
Speaker 2: And that's the reason why I felt disconnected in that relationship, because to me, it was one of those things where I'm like, talk us through this, do you know what I mean? Like, I mean, listen, did you see any chemistry. I just thought, I mean, honey rebound Dennis Rodman on the court playing the.
Speaker 1: Laker like it was. It just gave rebound to me, and it gave sort of.
Speaker 4: Like there wasn't it something like years ago where he had said, well, we're a brand. Oh the previous season when they were having problems, he said, well, some one of them said, well, we stayed together because of the brand. That's what I'm saying again, as I said in the beginning, like it's hard for us to understand a lot of this because we're not a couple on a reality show.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 4: So I think people kind of lose their marbles sometimes, like we're a brand. Like to me, they were not this captivating couple together like at all, Like no, like a power couple or anything.
Speaker 2: They were no Kyle and Mauricio. They were you know, they were not the couple that you sort of like looked at like, oh my god, they're so good looking, they're so great And we.
Speaker 4: Just remember he paid for James's whole engagement thing for Raquel.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, what strong couple is, Like, let's pay for someone else's engagement party.
Speaker 2: I know and think you love it how they blamed James or bring her by keel to the forefront of the first place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but by the way, let's go back to whether or not she was complicit or not, like she targeted James to get on the show.
Speaker 3: Like, let's not forget that she wanted to be on the show.
Speaker 1: She was like super fan interesting and James ooh.
Speaker 4: I think she was a pageant girl who was like ending the pageant circuit and she's like, I want to be on TV. And I think it's pretty alarning to be the idea of being on a show like vander Pump Rules, where this escalator to social media success. You're all of a sudden on this show. I never really saw Keemi between James and Raquel either or Rachel or whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm like, is she just phoning this in just so she could stay on the show. I just don't like.
Speaker 4: Again, all of them are sort of like odd to me, Like I'm always trying to figure them out, as we all do. Let's be honest, we watched the show for entertainment, but also, I say, smart people watch shows like this because it's a study of human behavior. So we're studying and we're cross referencing previous things. We're just trying to figure out someone's personality profile, and we keep getting more evidence and we're just trying to put it all together. And when I look at Rachel Slush Raquel that the name is odd too, her name's Rachel, but she she like was creating this personality for TV. But she absolutely did. I mean, and I think that it seems like James may have done the same thing to date Kristen to get on the show too. So, like Allegrino said something like on Twitter, it was so funny and so true.
Speaker 3: He was like, just remember guys like it.
Speaker 4: I'm phrasing it wrong, but like they all are horrible, Like they all made shitty mistakes. Like let's not forget that. Like as soon as we're all clear with that, then we can move forward. Like no one's hands are clean in this business at all.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that's the reason why listen once again, I'll say this over and over again. Was Sandoval day was horrible. But when you look at the order of advanced when it comes to each cast member on this Shelsa's Day one, they've all done.
Speaker 1: Some shady shit to each other. Yeah, they've all done it.
Speaker 4: That's why, Okay, I'm gonna have a hot take too. I think people are surprised that the Valley is doing so well because the idea of the Vanner Pump people having children.
Speaker 3: They're like, well, that would never work.
Speaker 4: The Valley works because they're new people and we met them at an age where they just got married and they're having a family. I don't think people can accept vander Pump people becoming parents because we met them when they were at like twenty six and they made horrible decisions. Like we accept Stossy as a mom because she went off the show and she started to build a life away from cameras. Yes, they've been on film this whole time, but we can't forget a lot of the cast members too, is we all are studying human behaviors. The tricky thing with this show is a lot of people can't let go of certain things that happened before. So I think the cast get frustrated because they're like, well, this.
Speaker 3: Is who I am. Can't you accept how I am right now?
Speaker 4: But the problem with being a reality show is like people don't forget, you know, they can't forget where maybe you shame somebody because they didn't have good enough tits to get on a private jet. Like they can't. They have a hard time letting go of it. That's the plight of the cast member. It's no different than housewives either, Like you know, like the Bachelor, you're only on for one season, so they kind of like say something stupid and three weeks later you're kicked off the show and we don't see you again for years and years to come. But if you're consistently on a show for years and years and years, people don't forget what happened seasons before.
Speaker 3: They just don't.
Speaker 4: Like, I think it was very hard for people to come around to Brock. I still think people are trying to like still come around a Brock because they remember who he was when Katie and all the others kind of highlighted that he had this strange relationship with children, and now he's like, but look, I'm a great dad to my child. I'm like, yeah, but you're also on a reality show where this information came out and the audience doesn't get over it, you know. I feel like reality stars they try to like get over things quickly for the sake of TV. It's like this expedited, expedited process.
Speaker 3: It's not for the audience. If we don't, they don't forget.
Speaker 2: So when it comes to Brock, do you believe that his intentions was pure in terms of like trying to have a relationship with his kids all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: I would assume.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, he seems sincere. But then, you know, the audience has comprised a lot of it of women who may have had like the father of their child not show up financially and physically, and maybe they're like, I can't get past this because I mean, at least Lalla acknowledged that. I think in the reunion she was like, I am very bad at projecting, you know, like we all project in our own ways. But yeah, I mean, he seems like a lovely person. But I'm just telling you, like a lot of women who've gone through some shit with like bothers of their children are not like, oh, you know what, he does seem great. Like they people have a hard time getting past stuff, and they're not going to get past Town Sandoval anytime soon.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, not at all. Do you think Lala and Katie can get so because I think they're.
Speaker 4: Too similar that they go below the belt. You attack them, they will rip.
Speaker 3: Your eyeballs out, oh for sure.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if friends can coexist when they're when they both have that archetype.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because one person needs to be the more yeah, mature, balanced one to offset the one who's a little bit more of the activator.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like in my house, you know, when my kids get obnoxious, one of us has to go hard and like discipline them, and then the other one has to be soft for friendship, and especially on a reality show, like you cannot have two alphas that will like eviscerate anyone who comes their way co exists into friendship.
Speaker 3: I just don't think that's possible.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I also think that like those people like the Audience where she's like, I can't get past that this happened when I first met you, I think she is one of those people. She's clocked, she's taking inventory of all the information at all time. And I don't think she's someone that lets things go. You know, like when I was a kid and my mom, like i'd have a fight with a friend. My mom would never like let it go with my friend. No, she'd remind me of it she'd be like, remember that asshole, Kelly Thompson, you know, remember she did that? You know, and it's like, oh, sorry, Kelly Thompson, I love it, but you know, like and I'd be like, Mom, that was like three weeks ago, and she's like, I don't forget that's who Katie is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which which is good.
Speaker 4: Because if you're going to tell the story of like friendships, like they all have different archetypes, but if you have two of those people, I don't think either of them will ever want to feel vulnerable in front of the other, if that makes sense, because you don't know how that information is going to be used against you at a later date. They play, you know it is they play the same game of monopoly they do.
Speaker 2: No, I agree with you, I really do, which is why to your point, as we sort of conclude part one and we have two more parts to go, well.
Speaker 4: Too, I'm assuming is just sort of like fluff, right, Like it keeps kind of excited.
Speaker 3: We're really jonesing for.
Speaker 4: What does that May twenty whatever? Yeah, well that's the one what I'm most looking forward to. I feel like Andy Cohen has been so funny when it comes to Vanner pump stuff. I feel like he's almost trolling them in this reunion in a very subtle, funny way. But the idea that it's going to be the end of the reunion, and they saved the last part of footage for them all to witness, but what we saw at the end, which is like showing them as they were when they first joined the show and now so they can collectively have a joint response to oh God, it's the end of the road, like boys to men Hewitt like it's the end of the road friends.
Speaker 3: And I think that is going to.
Speaker 4: Be really good TV where you're like or they're like, oh god, because they're inevitably going to run through the whole season. Oh my god, is it the end? Maybe I should have done this, Maybe I should have done that.
Speaker 3: I think some of them are.
Speaker 4: Gonna go, yeah, shitheads, this is what we've been trying to tell you.
Speaker 3: You got a film together. We don't want to show anymore. We're not going to have income.
Speaker 1: You know why.
Speaker 2: You're so right and you're so smart as always to start the reunion by letting them know like, oh, by the way, we haven't seen the final episode, and I was like, well, that's weird because as so the audience knows. As a producer, you get to bench watch the entire season two days prior to the reunion to get caught up on everything. So the fact that they would have held the finale, Kate, is so smart in the sense of, yes, they're going to show them that whole like montage of like where they were and pretty much like you said, the boys to Men's Song the end of the Road. And that's the reason why, Kate, did you know this becast removed pump rules from their bio.
Speaker 3: Well, they should have, because I think it's end.
Speaker 4: But you know, I said, I don't remember this, but I said after skin of All when they started filming, I know this last season.
Speaker 3: It's the end of it.
Speaker 4: And I've had so many people that when you're out of your mind the ratings are too high, I'm like, this is it. There's not much more to tell after this. It's done, and I think they're doing a wise thing by ending the show. By the way, I would like to say too, they should. We should give them some accolades because it is, as you know, pretty unheard of. It's like eleven seasons of a show or something. Yeah, that is a long time, and that's a that's very successful, So they shouldn't feel so bad about it ending because that's a long time to be on TV.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. So do you think some people will go to the Valley?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I really like the Valley as it is. I like the idea of people that were, as I've always said, plucked from obscurity to some degree. We didn't really know any of them, and they had the joint experience of doing the show together. And I think if you add people that are seasoned reality people, it changes the dynamic. There's a bond that exists when you know Gina and Emily on Orange County. I'm sure they have a bond because they joined the same season, right, you have a whole cast that joins the show at the same time, and they were not really famous before. I don't think they should change that algorithm you throw in like Shena or Lala. I feel like it wouldn't Then they may be they may suck some of the air out of the room because they're bigger personalities. I like that they're just a group of friends who are just trying to keep their heads above water raising very small children.
Speaker 1: Would you like to see a whole new crop of cast?
Speaker 4: No, just get rid of the show. It was good, it was eleven years. Like, put it to bed, let's do something new. I feel like in the last couple of years, because of COVID and the strikes, that networks are apt to just bring in old inventory, old ip reinvent things. And I think it's like a risk averse move, you know, like they don't want to invest in something new. But I think the audience is so hungry for new people and new stories. There have probably been superb pitches sent their way. I know I have sent some, and I think that like people are really excited about telling new, modern stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's true.
Speaker 2: And like you said, the industry is filled with just rebooting known ips. So for the audience, that's intellectual property. Is the reason why you're seeing all of these like remakes, like even from movies to reality shows, like it was just announced that Paris and The Call are going to reboot The Simple Life because people nowadays they want what they're used to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people watch old episodes at the office and the old episodes of Friends.
Speaker 3: They want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and suits yeah, it's is.
Speaker 3: Super super popular right now.
Speaker 2: Okaate, Well, look girl, as always, you dropped plenty of gems for the audience, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen with this show, because I think you're onto something.
Speaker 1: Once the cast sees.
Speaker 2: That montage of the finale is going to make sense why Pump Rules was removed from the bio before part one reunion even aired, because obviously they know what happened, so.
Speaker 4: You know it's gonna be a really good interview, and like three years from now, circling back to all of them, they go, Okay, what did you really think that last season? I suspect Laala was going to say I felt tremendous pressure to keep the.
Speaker 3: Show alive, and I felt like she did.
Speaker 4: I was doing the work to try to keep the show alive and I was completely disrespected for it.
Speaker 3: I think Sena is going to say something similar.
Speaker 4: I think Arianna's going to go I had already, like I said on my show before she reminded me the season of someone who is already packing up her stuff in the office because she's got a new office at another Company's not she wasn't really present because She's like, I'm so moved on from here. I don't belong here. This isn't me anymore. I've outgrown this it. It'll be interesting to hear, like a couple of years from now, like how she really felt. And I feel like Schwartz is just gonna be like, oh, I don't know. I was just like showing up to work, you know what I mean. But and then of course the producers like what was really happening?
Speaker 3: I want to know that, don't you?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I want like a Brady Bunch, where are they now? I think every years like yeah, yeah, and sort of like recapping the moment and the history of the show, and like did you know was the end?
Speaker 1: And I could not agree with you more.
Speaker 2: I think Laala did everything in her pinky finger to save the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions yet and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley rix An executive produced by.
Speaker 1: Me Carlos King Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,