Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: It's Lala Kent.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Untraditionally, Lala, Hello, gorgeous, Welcome back to Untraditionally, Lala. I am here with my ride or die as per usual. Welcome back to the podcast, Easton.
Speaker 1: Good to be here.
Speaker 2: Good to be here, you guys.
Speaker 3: We just got back from Utah, and I don't know what it was about that trip, but it was a trip. It was a trip. I felt like a pack mule the entire time. And I have a very strange relationship with going back to Utah. My mom doesn't have it, Easton doesn't really have it. I get very very triggered by going back, and I want to deep dive into it and our trip, and it was obviously an incredible trip, but I want to walk you through like my headspace whenever I go back.
Speaker 2: Which is why I don't.
Speaker 1: Think your headspace is right there though, because I feel what you feel. I just have a lot of good friends. But I when you talk about it, okay, I'll elaborate.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the first thing that I want to tell you guys about the other night. It was last week. We went out to dinner.
Speaker 1: You and Janet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went out to dinner for Leo's birthday. So, Leo and Logan are my gays. They're my gusbands the vault. They know the ins and outs of every detail of my life, every wound, and they're just like when I think about people who make a party and make my soul happy and fill my cup, it is them, like they're my reality.
Speaker 2: It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: So I was so excited to go out to celebrate Leo. And we went to a place called Dante, which is the same place that I had my baby shower with Sosa, And it was just myself, Janet, Brittany, Logan, Leoh, Janet and I get there early because we're like, it'll be cute, like sit at the bar.
Speaker 2: I would love to have a pineapple juice with like a lime.
Speaker 3: We pull out the chairs at the bar and literally as soon as our asses hit the seats, I see, out of the corner of my eye.
Speaker 2: Men, prowling men, these two fucking men.
Speaker 3: Now, keep in mind, if I were in my mental late sixties pushing into seventies, they.
Speaker 1: Would have been a great catch.
Speaker 3: That would have been a great catch, and it would have been an age appropriate coming together. Right but clearly this is not what these men want. One sits next to Janet. I'm like this, like Easta and I are right next to each other. This is me and Janet. So the guy is like, my, my guy, oh, my guy is just like flingering right here, and he starts speaking French to me. And I'm feeding into it, you guys, because I'm an asshole. I was like, oh, that's gorgeous. Oh my god. And he's like, you want to know what I said? And he like tells me what he said. Couldn't tell you what he said.
Speaker 2: I zoned out.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it was fucking happening.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, what am I giving off right now that would make this man think that I want this. So then he goes, if I had a guitar, I would sing to you, and I was like, oh, that sounds wonderful. He starts belting, belting at the bar.
Speaker 1: No guitar.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it seems that you don't need it.
Speaker 1: You don't need it, gitar. He finishes singing and the bartender walks up to me. He's like, hey, are you okay?
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, could I get a pineapple with a splash of soda water in a line. At that point, the bartender knew, like, oh, this girl's in her frame of mind.
Speaker 1: She solid, I don't need.
Speaker 2: To help her out.
Speaker 1: Then the man grabs my hand and he's caressing it.
Speaker 4: He's like.
Speaker 3: Caressing it. I'm so skewed out too. I'm like, this feels like my grandpa's holding my hand.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 3: And he's like, you look like a woman who loves homes in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: I was like, of course, who.
Speaker 4: Doesn't want want And he goes, you look like you love six thousand square foot homes in Beverly Hills and I was like, of course, because you look like you have.
Speaker 1: He goes on the list.
Speaker 2: Just wait, you look like you love homes abroad. He tells me he has homes abroad. And I was like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: You look like book what you look like you?
Speaker 3: Then I was like all right, okay, And he's still caressing the hand, gripping it, and I've gone limp in his hand, but he's still got his grip.
Speaker 2: He goes, you look like you love private jets.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh no, I'm like that was a whole thing. By the way, La La on private junks, BJS for pre js. I really don't want that label coming back. So in my because I was very kind. In my head, I'm thinking, all of those things sound awesome.
Speaker 2: The problem is you come with all of those things.
Speaker 1: That's where you lose me.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, ain't worth it?
Speaker 3: So then he I, he asks me at the same exact time, if I am in a relationship, Janet has just told her guy that she's happily married and that I'm single.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Janet, Janet, Janet, you'd done fucked up.
Speaker 3: Well, I tell the guy that I'm in a partnership and he goes, why don't you have a ring on? And I go, oh, I don't believe in marriage. He's like, so what is he to you? Then I said, he's my life partner, like where we've chosen to be together forever. And he was let me tell you something, if you were mine, I would never let you go and we would be getting married.
Speaker 1: And I go, see, we would never work out. We would never work out because you want marriage and I don't. We were so close, and I promise you that guy prowling at the bar for thirty year old women, he's not wanting to be married either.
Speaker 2: By the way, now.
Speaker 1: He's full of shit. And also he he goes, well, then let me see this life partner.
Speaker 3: Does he have a mug shot? And I was like, you're such a dick. Anyway, logan appears, Thank god. The guy goes downstairs. And we were at dinner for over two and a half hours, and they came back up and had the audacity to say, you guys are still here.
Speaker 1: You are, we're having dinner.
Speaker 3: You're peeing around doing nothing but how to drink in your hand the whole time.
Speaker 1: Coming back up three and a half hours or three hours later, they got to make another round. See if the new see if there's fresh women. See if the bar is rotating. Yes, the bar, it was not rotating. And Janet goes, wow, I have not been hit on in ten years.
Speaker 3: I was like, I haven't either, but mostly because I haven't left the house in ten years.
Speaker 1: Like this is weird. It's good, but it feels good though, right I feel I felt nothing.
Speaker 3: In fact, I questioned myself, what am I giving that would make these men feel like they're not doing their audience? Men?
Speaker 1: Men are men, and men are at that age.
Speaker 3: I mean, keep in mind Eastern. I had on a dress by naked wardrobe, turtleneck. Turtleneck dress covers everything, long sleeve down to my ankles, no slit. I had to baby step all the way up to Dante. Looked like a damn fool. But even my outfit wasn't giving like, yes, come hither. It was giving statement, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And we were He's like, all right, fuck it, practice round, practice round, practice round. We'll get this one right. We'll come up three hours later. Get right. Oh my god, you're right. He's like, I don't even care if I get laid. I'm just practicing this. The verbal uh, the verbal use.
Speaker 3: I'm about to right right, because it was only seven thirty.
Speaker 2: We were the practice around. They failed.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, these men get there early, see how it is, and then.
Speaker 2: You have time to go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: No, well maybe, but then they're probably like, we'll just wait for them to get a little drunk, and then maybe we'll be appealing when they're drunk.
Speaker 2: That would have worked had I been drinking. Actually, like private.
Speaker 1: Jet, let's go out would have worked on me too.
Speaker 3: And this is why sobriety has single handedly saved my life.
Speaker 1: No more charity fucking here.
Speaker 3: Even for a jet. So, speaking of Janet, the Valley trailer has officially come out. So they not only released the trailer, but they they released like little tidbits about our storylines, each person and this is what they said about now in a new chapter in her life, Laala's main priority is raising her daughter's ocean and so so all while inching closer to her seven year sober anniversary. She forms a close friendship with Michelle and Tom as they bond over being the single ones in the group, and opens up about her mental health and anxiety. Never afraid to speak her truth, she is quick to call out someone in the group when they act out of turn. I mean, yes, this is great. I would say that that's that's pretty spot on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could you elaborate on anything else? Could you add anything to what you have in the season that people may not know?
Speaker 3: This is my hope again, I have zero control over editing. I hope that they allow me to talk about the real reason and they actually the real reason why I have my tremendous anxiety this season.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you know, And if they don't, now that it's out there, people will be asking, you know, if it's not seen, So either way, you're going to be able to let it out right. You know what I do like about because I feel like that's going to help a lot of people when it comes to anxiety and why you have it. If they don't show it, I think you should bring it up on the podcast because everybody needs a couple more tools in their bag to deal with anxiety.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 3: And also what I do like about The Valley, which is kind of similar to how things that we see on Housewives, is they they allow us to break the fourth wall. It was not often on vander Pump that we could break the fourth wall because we started as a bunch of servers and hosts. Is that we're working at a restaurant and slowly but surely gained a lot of notoriety and fame that kind of just fucked with you know what the show was really about, you know. Yeah, so The Valley definitely was different in that capacity too. Is they're really showing They show a lot about how we get to go and do things. And I built this life off of reality TV and the opportunities that came with that. Yeah, So I like this description. This is a great description for me being my toe back in here a fault. It looks really good again. I did not film every single scene, so to see what other people were going through.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: It's a good season.
Speaker 3: You think you know, I have heard that it is a very very good season, very good season, and it. I liked going into it because it was fresh perspective. I didn't know much about what I was going into. I feel like I took the time to kind of listen and get to know people, and it was like a fresh set of eyes, fresh set of ears. I didn't want anyone clouding my judgment on anybody, because just because you don't connect with someone doesn't mean I won't connect with some one. I thought the trailer looked amazing and entertaining. I'm really excited, and you know, I was going into it like I. I got the email yesterday like hey, the Valley trailer is coming out tomorrow, and I instantly started panicking. I'm like, oh no, PTSD, PTSD, So one thing checked off the list. We dipped the toe in the water April first April, first April fools.
Speaker 1: On April fools. Maybe it's in April fools.
Speaker 3: No, it's not an April fools, but that'll see. Now I'm having a panic attack.
Speaker 1: April first.
Speaker 3: I had my boobs done on the sixteenth, so I'll be consumed with that. Okay, we've got some time, but I will start freaking out. I'm freaking out right now.
Speaker 1: Actually I'm freaking out. Man.
Speaker 3: I know I've just been like off the grid, enjoying my life. And you know, I always say I love making reality TV.
Speaker 1: But the second they're like, hey, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna make reality TV, I'm like, no, put me back in the Wow.
Speaker 1: I like my when it's over, when the cameras are down, and then you get to just be on your whole again.
Speaker 3: That's when you're making it is the funnest part. It's when it comes out that you start having a panic attack because now it's for everyone else. Does judge how you handled shit?
Speaker 1: No? You guys. That's the one thing that I never realized watching like not being a part of it, because I watched this before you were on it and watching reality TV and just like, yes, it's on for just like three three four months, right, depending on.
Speaker 2: How many episodes you get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but to see that like it is a full time job, and talking to other people who just went into like the Mormon wives, talking to them and like, it is a full time job. Yes, you're filming for a short period of the year. That takes up a good amount of mental capacity. But then once you're done filming and you feel like you're done, that's when stories being brought up and things like that, and now you're mentally still back at work. And then when it releases, you're living through what you already filmed. So it's like it's a year long process that you have to live through. And I never really even understood that coming from just a viewer and now being kind of somebody who sees you Janet all of these people, it is a full time job, right.
Speaker 3: I will say though, going into it, I didn't realize and I don't know how this came across. I've said it a couple of times where people have asked what was the difference between VPR and filming the Valley, and I said VPR was a well oiled machine, And I realized me going onto the Valley, I was a well oiled machine. I didn't mean that as an insult, because it's far from that. I had such a great time filming with everybody, and you know, Kristin Dodie most there's not many people who make reality TV like she does. There's not many people who make reality TV like Britney who are so willing to share their day to day and what they're going through, like nothing is off limits, right. But I love it, and I think and I love it too, and there's and that's what we love.
Speaker 1: We do love it.
Speaker 3: And that's why there was a moment when I did like the I did the Haters podcast, but I also did the Lover's podcast because I wanted to give the audience a chance to come in and give reality TV personalities their flowers because the comments section is loud with a lot of negativity. But these shows are really helping people get through tough moments feel less alone. And I think this season it's going to be the exact same thing. People having babies, struggling to find the balance between motherhood and and you know, being a present partner. I grew to really adore Zach. I think that he's like so much fun. I had a great time with him Jasmine, and I was like, oh my gosh, you guys are a bag of fun. There was so much that I gained that it almost reminded me of vander pump Roles because if you guys remember I was new to this group of people who had been friends for a decade plus and they had so much history and it took me a minute for them to accept me. But then I was a part of the group and friendships and you know, it doesn't matter earth, it doesn't matter how it ended. I still hold it close to my heart. And so going into the valley, it felt like, oh my gosh, like these these are friendships that I'm actually liking. And we'll see it's it's everyone has their own thing going on. We'll see if we like kick it off camera. I obviously have like my main people. I see Christen as much as I can with her having the baby and you know, her life, but we talk and we have a lot of history. Brittany, I see frequently, Janet Michelle. So we'll just we'll see where.
Speaker 2: Where my place is this season. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I kind of blacked out during filming. The best thing to do. It's the best thing to do.
Speaker 3: A mental blackout. Let's talk about Utah. I I'll ride. When was the last time you had gone October. Okay, I stayed there too long this time.
Speaker 1: Well, this time we went from Thursday to Tuesday. I went from Monday to Tuesday. Monday, I went Yeah, eight days, eight days, little too long in Utah.
Speaker 3: Well are the difference is you we got a hotel and getting to the airport. You guys with kids will relate to this. I'm like, okay, we're going to the airport. I really it sounds like a nightmare to check car seats and a stroller like that sounds awful. What I'm going to do is have a friend drive my car with the car our seats, take us to the airport, and then send Easton out to buy two car seats that will figure out what to do with them, store them at one of our friend's houses. He'll pick us up in the rental with the car seats in. But you don't think about Okay, I'll be fine without his stroller while we're there. But then I'm holding my baby twenty four to seven. My back is wrenched. I have all of these bags. We checked the big ones, but I've got like stupid, I've got a diaper back, I've got my own shit, I've got blankets, I've got the change of clothes, and I've shoved into the Gech's like another child. And then we land and we get to the hotel, and you guys, it is a Thursday to Tuesday of me treking children and the jeej up and down the elevator four to five times a day, getting kids in.
Speaker 1: And out of the car.
Speaker 3: And keep in mind, love my mom, but I put her in the car first because I'm like, if without you and the car first, this is gonna it's just gonna be a lot jij in the car first. Then we handle Sosa. Ocean buckles herself as much as she possibly can. I come around to the driver's side, buckle the rest and we're off to the races. This was like, and I'm talking four or five times a day just to and from the hotel. That doesn't even count. Where we're going the Children's Museum, which was awesome. Ocean loved that. We took them to Kid's Empire. That was awesome. We really went. I really went because Mom was like, we are going to Utah for Easan's birthday.
Speaker 1: I was like, bitch, you got me fucked up. If you think I'm going to Utah for Eathan's birthday. Hey, it's my birthday. You should come over. The fuck I would sho places for your birthday? Oh really, Bahama, Oh I'm sorry, I've gone terrible places. Is when you were with that terrible human being?
Speaker 2: Where did you go that you didn't like a lot of places where?
Speaker 1: Oh let me see Vegas? Where I didn't want to be with the three of us to watch him play fucking poker and ship that.
Speaker 2: Was the best kill every time.
Speaker 1: He trust me, I've done some ship, all right. So if I drag your ass to Utah for my birthday, you better fucking come with Chelsea.
Speaker 3: That bashes me off. Ethan doesn't even stay with us. He stays at a friend's house. You barely even see him. I have to call him and harass him.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are we doing? Mom said, do you guys? Do you want to stay with us at the hotel? And I said yeah, and she goes we could share a room and I said no, So then I went to my buddies. All right, I'm not sharing a room with the Thomas the train. It's like I'm trying to live and properly sleep to the I don't blame you. I don't blame you at all, but that is why. And then you guys ended up even getting one room. So it was a nightmare. Was six days.
Speaker 3: I didn't even six days or however many days we were there.
Speaker 1: I was there too long. It was coming to the point where like I was waking up with anxiety because I was like, what the fuck is going on here? Nothing? And the only reason why I really did go is because on my birthday I was talking to my friends and there was a chance of snow and I was like, I kind of want to go skiing. So I went skiing, vomited.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because you were super high in the air, right high in the air.
Speaker 1: Number two. I had to pick them up from the airport. We were going to eat. I thought, I'm only here for a day, so I'm gonna get as much skiing in. So I didn't eat. I got on the lift. Yeah, I vomited off the lift, just rain and vomit for those below so even yeah. No. So my buddy Taylor, he was like, he was like, try not to do it right now until we're over, and I just was like, I if you think I care when you're sick, you do not care.
Speaker 3: You vomited on someone's head morning, see if it hit someone's head.
Speaker 1: But I did vomit over ski lift or over the ski run, and then I got off the lift so bad. And then I was like dry heaving in my mouth as I was getting off the lift. And then I had to like go over to the snow, like I veered tailor off the route, because like, can you remembered you remember? Because I have to throw it?
Speaker 2: Was it probably watery?
Speaker 1: Right? It was all water. It was all water, A little bit of red bull and then a lot of orange shimmy. All right, I'm done, I'm done. Trigger warning.
Speaker 3: Trigger warning, Skip through, skip through the real reason. Yes, it was your birthday and I loved spending your birthday with you.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 3: We for Eathan's birthday. I tried to make a reservation, but then I remembered.
Speaker 2: What's Valentine?
Speaker 1: Can I remember? We remember me talking about why my birthday? These are things of why, Like when you have a normal birthday, you can just be like, I'm a whimmer. I'm not a planner. I go out on a whim. If something sounds fun, I want to do it in the moment, right, So nothing like I can't week from now go. Yeah, that sounds great for my birthday, but now on my birthday, everything Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is booked for Valentine's Day. So it's like there's nothing that I can even go and do, even though I want to go out. Yeah, but I don't want to plan it. It's a very it's a rock and a hard spot. Don't want to plan it, but I want to go out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see I And there was obviously nowhere for us to go because everything was booked.
Speaker 1: But it was the best birthday.
Speaker 3: We just went to went to my older brother's house and it was great because the kids could play. We got Cafe Rio, which is like my most favorite thing, but they franchised it now so there's certain ones that you can't go to because it it doesn't taste.
Speaker 1: Like it used to. Yeah, no, I was. I had it three times while I was there, and almost three times just because I was hoping that it would be better than Brandon's was good. We only can go to that location. The other one was like burrito soup.
Speaker 2: The first one was bad the first Cafe Rio we went to.
Speaker 1: And mine was bad too. When I first got there, on Monday night. You guys are in there. That's why I didn't get the burrito, because did and I said, you're gonna get burritos, I know, and they used to have.
Speaker 3: I'd never got the sweet pork, but that was what they were like, really really known for.
Speaker 1: And it's not even it wasn't good, it was not good enough.
Speaker 3: So we did that for Easan's birthday, watched the Olympics, and then the truest reason. And I don't want this to sound rude, because we did go for your birthday.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, but the reason for one I they wouldn't. Here's the thing if it was if that, go on and tell.
Speaker 2: My friend, my dearest friend. Her name's Candace.
Speaker 3: We met in a kindergarten missus Condi's class at elementary where I got a lot of demerits for talking too much. But I remember the first day of school. Well, I saw Candace and she had a big bow in her hair, and I told my mom I want to be friends with her and have.
Speaker 2: A playdate because she's cute.
Speaker 3: So my mom approached Candace's mom, Kristin, and said, my daughter thinks your daughter's cute.
Speaker 2: Can we have a playdate.
Speaker 3: Kristin at the time was pregnant, and this family, the Russens at from that point on became like family. Our moms are friends, our dads were dear friends. Bart always says, you know, your dad really screwed up my retirement plan because we were supposed to retire together and go travel. So Easton is friends with the sons. Candace is my you know writer died that I have known for how long?
Speaker 2: Thirty years? Thirty one years?
Speaker 1: Thirty? I mean, yeah, I don't remember. What's crazy is I don't remember a point in my life with them not being in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too, that's how Yeah, I think. I mean kindergarten that's five years old. So I was so she and her husband Dane have been trying to have a baby for eight years, eight years, and she is finally pregnant and we're so excited, and she was having her gender reveal that that Sunday.
Speaker 1: I would say, if that wasn't going, I wouldn't have made you guys like you guys not coming out, and I would have flown home on like Sunday and then done my birthday here. Yeah, because I got like, I got friend.
Speaker 3: But I love seeing Brandon and Cheryl and seeing our niece and nephew.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 3: I want because I know some people listen to this podcast. I loved seeing all of my people right, which is Brandon, Cheryl and the kids, and then the reussence.
Speaker 1: Those two are the only people that I still have contact with in Utah. Okay, well I don't have. I only have two homies that I usually see, and that's Jake and Taylor. That's true. Yeah, those are the only homies. Mom has many a friend there.
Speaker 3: She frolics in, friends sit there. So I'm so excited for her. Whether she had a boy or a girl, she did not give one damn. She was just give me a baby, give me a healthy baby. And nobody on this planet. This is a very large statement I'm about to make deserves to be a mom more than my friend.
Speaker 1: Candace now, and there's many. If you're lucky enough to know Candace, she ballroom teaches for seventh graders. She you know, she is a stepmom to three beautiful children who she's been hands on. She babysat for you. She babysat her cousins when they were little. Like this, Candace, when I look at her. She is a mom that is a mom who's she's always been that way. Yes, and the fact that she gets to do it with her own little bug is yeah, like I could cry. It gets me up, like it's sweet.
Speaker 3: It was very sweet just the entire day. I mean, I remember flying to Baltimore and us. I knew that she was going in for her a point meant to see if she was pregnant. And I called her and she was like, I'm telling you before I've even.
Speaker 2: Told my mom.
Speaker 1: We just left and I was like, she was like, we're pregnant. And I told her.
Speaker 3: I remember having so many conversations with her and she would just be so sad.
Speaker 1: And I this because I know Barton m lessons. It may come off bad, but like when she was going through these things, I never thought of it because I knew what was going to happen, Like there wasn't when she was like we're going through this, I was like, she's getting pregnant. Like I never had a thought of like this or that, like what if? What if? And like I've never even thought about it because I just knew that it was going to happen.
Speaker 2: I looked at her.
Speaker 3: Because Osha was losing her mind at dinner one night the night before we left, we went to their house and she was losing her mind, and I was like, are you so excited to have a baby and a birga baby?
Speaker 1: Take a look. No, but I will say that right there was like the best birthday gift for me of like seeing somebody get like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the with what you said, like you had this when she would be upset about it, and obviously we're not her, but I would say to her, your time is going to come, and you're going to remember every time you tried and it failed, and when your baby arrives, you're gonna remember all of that and how hard you tried to get this baby here. And you know when she said she was pregnant and she's still you know, she gets nervous, which is normal, Like even a woman who hasn't had a struggle getting pregnant, you do worry. And I've told her this is your time, baby, like this baby is coming. It's normal to feel nervous. I love that she has been sick. I'm like, yes, every time you tell me that you're sick, I mean, yet this baby, I'm exhausted, I'm nausey, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yese, get this baby growing.
Speaker 3: And I'm like I all normal feelings. I don't want to take that from you. You're allowed to feel those things, but just know it is your time. And Chris Medina, because when she was struggling, we were still in the apartment. I said, I want you to see Chris Medina. He told her. I think he said June. He said, don't fixate on it. I don't know what it means, but it is a day of significance for you, or a month of significance. I don't know when. I can't tell you a year, I can't tell you what is going to be promised, but just know June. I'm seeing June as a time. And that was the first doctor's appointment that she went to to get this little baby here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't know if you guys can tell, but like we're kind of like a village family. One person has a baby. It's our child, yes, yes, yes, communal baby. Ye family here in the communal So yeah, I know it's our child too. I was like, here's my baby. I have fun. I know. I can't wait to go to his like sporting events and stuff too.
Speaker 3: You know, I know it's gonna be so great, a good one. The reason why it's triggering for me is going to Utah is I feel like it's a different lifetime. When I lived there. You guys, we had our house in Pair Blossom Circle.
Speaker 1: Nothing's changed there, by the way, So it feels like you're going back into what's that one show with uh, the Something show, The Truman Show. That's what it's like going to Utah for me.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that movie in so long.
Speaker 1: Oh, you need to watch it. It's a reality TV show pretty much based on Truman. Oh okay, his whole life. Wow. And he's in a dome. Oh it's yeah. That's how Utah feels for me, like a vortex a dome. Everybody's in there like nothing has changed.
Speaker 3: In the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it does.
Speaker 3: There are things that I drive past, like in downtown Slig where I'm like, oh my gosh, this is new, and this city.
Speaker 2: Is beautiful, you guys, it's really pretty. It is so clean.
Speaker 1: I actually really really love it there.
Speaker 3: The problem is is it represent well actually know there is a lot of traffic, it's grown significantly, but it just represents a time in my life where I lived in this house when my mom and dad were both alive and well, where Easton was in high school or had just graduated, you were a few years out. And then I moved to LA and it felt like home going back there because it was roots and grounded. And then once my dad died, everything changed. My mom sold the house Easton and my mom bought a new house to live in, and then I would go to that house and I'm like, this is so weird that this is my mom's house.
Speaker 2: And I liked the house, but it just it doesn't feel normal.
Speaker 3: It didn't feel normal, and a lot of I had this conversation the other day with people who had come to LA and they're like, I don't really know where home is because my mom and dad sold our childhood home, but like I don't feel rooted here, and going back to Utah, it's like, Wow, I finally feel that I am rooted on my own terms. In La, it feels like home. I have created my life there, and when I come back here, there's just something that feels a little bit off. Not saying that I don't enjoy seeing all of my life, no you're my loved ones. But there's something about the city that feels suffocating, like I got to get out of here.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to. Here's the thing, Utah is like a tech Utah is very techy, very smart, very book very that I'm a creative and I feel like you are too, and being creative in Utah, I feel like there's a dead end. And I also don't know if it's because me living there, losing my dad and all of this where I feel like, and it's not like I've outgrown Utah, but it's I've outgrown the person I was in Utah. Oh that makes sense. I like Utah. I feel like I'm stuck because I'm that same person. Yeah. And when I'm there and there's no outlet because it's I'm just like I said, it's I feel creative. And when I'm in LA or New York or places like that, you feel like there's opportunity. Yeah, you feel in Utah, you feel like kind of you did. And I think it may be due to losing dad and all of that. It represents a different lifetime for you too.
Speaker 3: Then your mom leaving and coming out to live with me, and then you're solo there and you're like, where is home?
Speaker 1: Baby? So when you say I love going back, I now know I love seeing the people there. I don't know if I love going back anymore. It's really the last three days I was waking up like out of sleep, like I did on the plane, like I needed normalcy again, Like what am I doing here? Too long? I felt like I was in just like a box and I couldn't get out. Yeah, and it's who I was there that I have to leave that place because of who I was there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I that resonates with me a lot, and you know, I was We went to this place called Moont Bakery, which is so good, you guys. It's off of Wastage Boulevard, but it was It's right, that's the area that I grew up in. So I drove Ocean past our old house and like, the neighborhood looks exactly the same. The only thing different about our house is that there's a ring camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, they haven't painted it, no garages, they haven't even thrown up decorations.
Speaker 3: But I looked at it and I was like, I this is where mommy grew up. And we just did like a very quick drive by, and I just could not exit anything like christ Bench any quicker. The one thing that I did do that I was really into you guys. So I'm like, I really need to get lasered. And I'm in Utah for like a long time. So I text or I DM Heather Gay. I was like, hey, which was such a dumb question. It's beauty lab and laser and I said, my damn, or I go, do you.
Speaker 2: Guys do laser hair removal?
Speaker 1: She's like, uh yeh.
Speaker 3: I was like, I need my I want my armpits done, my legs and my bits.
Speaker 1: And she had someone contact me. We planned.
Speaker 3: I went in uh Monday, the day before we came back to LA. When I tell you, because I grew up working out at the sports mall, right, the sports Mall Sports the sports Mall.
Speaker 1: Beauty Lab is right across the street from that. I drive in.
Speaker 3: I was like, holy shit, this is the exact place, because you know she opened a second location in Riverton. The one I went to was in Murray.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is where jen Shaw was almost arrested. Yes, that exact location hold up, And.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to be like a weird this is where, so we go in.
Speaker 2: It's freaking one.
Speaker 3: Everyone is so kind, it's beautiful, such a vibe. I'm so like, I'm thinking of Heather Gain and I'm like, what a bad bitch that this is like her business?
Speaker 2: Right, And keep in mind you guys. They told me, they were like, hey.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be with Dallas. He's great, and I'm like, oh fuck, it's like George Constanza getting a massage from a man. And I'm fine with it. I'm like, all right, he sounds great. Whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like having a baby.
Speaker 3: He delivered my baby, right, so I can deal with a heat down there doing things that are productive. So this guy, he's like so yoked up at the front door and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, he's the guy that's gonna laser me.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh no, not because I don't want him down there, Like that's totally fine.
Speaker 2: But I was like, oh fuck, oh fuck.
Speaker 1: I wish I shaved Grand said.
Speaker 3: It was not him, because I know the guy that I'm seeing, his name is Dallas. Dallas comes out. He couldn't be any cuter, any sweeter. I feel so comfortable with him.
Speaker 1: Easton.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry the audience or our listeners are going to think, you guys. He was just zapping those legs, zap in those armpits. He was so sweet, and then it was time to get like real acquainted with each other. I was like having a hold on my butch. Sorry Easton, I'm sorry, but he was so he just made you feel so comfortable and I just adored the entire experience.
Speaker 1: And what was his name?
Speaker 2: Dallas?
Speaker 1: Okay, so Dallas who you walked into was not Dallas and you thought he no, but.
Speaker 3: He he was there standing and it was time for my appointments on my hair in Dallas. But that guy actually did injectables at Beauty Life, And as much as I would have loved him to laser me, I was very thrilled I got Dallas. By the way, laser is so worth it. I don't care who you give me, just get it done. So I highly recommend if you're in Utah, they have the Riverton location, Anne Murray. After I left, I was like, you know, I could come back to Utah strictly to get lasered.
Speaker 1: It's a good reason to go back at me Ens and Brandon. So I'm popping over my laser appointment would love to see you guys if you want to meet a beauty lab. No.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I love going back to Utah. I now found out that I do have a out. After four or five days, I told mom.
Speaker 3: I was like, just so you know, girl, I if you want to stay until Monday, I'm popping in Friday night. You want to stay until Sunday, I'll go is Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Stay, I'd fly in Wednesday night, have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, fly home Sunday night.
Speaker 3: The last thing that I want to ask you, do you ever go to Swig when you're out there? Swig had just started a Swig had popped off after I.
Speaker 1: Left, let me tell you and made it a big almost went to Swig and I will say they have another. Do you remember where the old Shivers is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is that one called thirst? There's a whole bunch out there that are like Swig.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you there is a line as if it's a freaking star bus.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you because you got to remember the Mormons can't drink coffee, no, so they go there that is there because no caffeine?
Speaker 2: How does that make any sense?
Speaker 1: Riddle me? That Ricky. So I did try to go, but every time I looked into the line there were about twenty five cars. So no, I did not get a swig. But what I would have gotten is root beer with cream and coconut. That's what I usually get, and it is really good. But I can't. It's not good enough to wait in a line, not.
Speaker 3: At all, especially when I can go and I can go to Harmon's Yeah and grab it and grab a diet coke and some coffee. Mate, my favorite is a diet coke with a little vanilla creamer and a line. And there was a point in time where I was consuming so many that it became a real big problem.
Speaker 2: And I have not had.
Speaker 1: One in Yeah. But I tried to go to Swig I did.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think you're missing out. You could. You can create it right here.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not missing out.
Speaker 2: No, you're fine.
Speaker 1: Experience of the big Swig cup, I guess.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what I was most bummed about not going to Moocchiese Mood Cheese is known for their meatball sandwich. I don't get the meatball, I get a different one. But Guy Fieri went there years ago, and like put them on the map. When I tell you, me and my friend used to go every day like disgusting giant sandwiches. Yeah, I never got to get good. They've got like a like a rubin too.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's what they're famous for.
Speaker 2: Those you wanted to take me, I did go to selling.
Speaker 1: You could have taken yourself.
Speaker 2: A lot of work, A lot of work for you, guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to another episode of Untraditionally Lala. This was an amazing episode. I'm so happy that you guys got to hear about our little untraditional life and getting to Utah and old man hitting on your girl. I hope you enjoyed it. I have the best rest of the week. Happy hump Day. I'll catch you next week and on Monday for the bonus